Roark1 (NA)
: Nothing they do makes any sense. I'm actually baffled by the lack of logic that goes into the changes. The entire community has been asking for less damage across the board since this season started, and Riot has done nothing. It's ridiculous.
Not the entire community. China's loving it. Who cares about some measly western market share. Right?
: China took over. That's what happened. You can downvote me as much as you like, but this is the truth. Also the same community that is whining here wanted LCS to be NOT boring, so they produced faster game. Now when people don't like it, let's complain again. The game is terrible, no one can deny that.
And worlds script went just as planned to boost sales {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
: Well, they are already nerfing TP again so.... you won't have to wait long. {{summoner:14}} buff incoming bc "it doesn't oneshot 5 champs yet"
"This many more players were killed by Ignite ticks this year, in comparison to the previous seasons."
Xayahrí (NA)
: Season 2 player here, League is the only game I still play consistently, other games come and go but League never gets old :^) Idk, it probably has something that has to do WITH HOW EVERY GAME RELEASED NOW IS ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE AND I HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH WHAT I HAVE, or something like that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You must not play an awful lot of games. There's a bunch of alternatives to league, even within the same genre. Calling every game, released nowadays, 'garbage' because you can't admit your personal league bias is a little shallow, don't you think. Granted, league has this going for it; you can leave and come back any time, and not get punished aside from having to a learn a few new champions' kits for the most part.
: No one has 20 armour. No one started the game with 60 armour even with runes. Edit: I'm wrong. It's crazy how low the base armour of some champion is (not counting Orianna, who intentionally has low base armour). No wonder its so easy for Talon to 1-shot you.
> [{quoted}](name=charge attack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mon0PEuJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-22T13:12:00.999+0000) > > No one has 20 armour. No one started the game with 60 armour even with runes. > > Edit: I'm wrong. It's crazy how low the base armour of some champion is (not counting Orianna, who intentionally has low base armour). No wonder its so easy for Talon to 1-shot you. Malzahar has 18 base armor at lvl 1.
Elohaven (NA)
: I was watching Meddler's Pre-Season video about excitement and balance
: Well said!!! People don't even try anymore, everyone is tilted trash who thinks they should be a higher rank then they currently are. Back in S2 every game felt winnable now when op champs get a lead you cannot come back. FeelsBardMan
> [{quoted}](name=t4JxNr2gszz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8gqAghow,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-22T18:17:18.589+0000) > > Well said!!! People don't even try anymore, everyone is tilted trash who thinks they should be a higher rank then they currently are. Back in S2 every game felt winnable now when op champs get a lead you cannot come back. FeelsBardMan Funny that you say that. Riot lost Bard's identity and decided to make him a DPS machine instead.
Bogdan1945 (EUNE)
: Vlad has been grossly overpowered for the last couple patches , it's getting addressed just now simply because it's become way too obnoxious (and executioner's calling hurdurrdurr is NOT a valid excuse to not nerf him , it does shit to stop his permawaveclear and insane E damage in general)
> [{quoted}](name=Bogdan1945,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=WIknGN4u,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-06-21T02:15:55.186+0000) > > Vlad has been grossly overpowered for the last couple patches , it's getting addressed just now simply because it's become way too obnoxious (and executioner's calling hurdurrdurr is NOT a valid excuse to not nerf him , it does shit to stop his permawaveclear and insane E damage in general) He's been overpowered for a good part of the _season_.
Melvor (EUW)
: SUPPORTS NEED NERFS
Assassin mains have always been whining about their inability to flatout 1v2 or 1v3. Meanwhile the competent ones would just wait for the opportunity to flank or kill people separated. Well, this meta's exactly what happens when Riot listens to feedback like that. Now you don't have to plan, or use your brain when playing this formerly high risk/reward class. Some supports have easier kits to play, for sure. But the ways you can implement Alistar's kit in teamfight, for example, is full of options. And that's what separates alright supports from the great ones. Just because you're not aiming to kill someone doesn't mean you don't have to play correctly.
: How gameplay boards works:
Of course it's going to sound convoluted when you take time out of the context. People were asking for ADC nerfs as early as _last season_ , before the rune rework. Obviously after the rune rework assassins got buffed - so logically there was no need to nerf the ADCs as much anymore - just reduce the shield durations and/or strength somewhat. But Riot did all this _while_ buffing the damage across the board, AND increasing snowballing. In layman's terms; too much, too late.
S0kaX (EUNE)
: {{champion:41}} laughing in the distance
> [{quoted}](name=S0kaX,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wBAiZs5d,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-20T18:58:58.890+0000) > > {{champion:41}} laughing in the distance The best part is, I can literally imagine that 'YA HA HA HARRRR' in my head.
: How you feel like when
Maybe he had a typo. Meant to write 'thrust' as he was preparing the lube.
Ayzev (EUNE)
: We still have ARAM, but that doesn't seem to help.
> [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1wGGmv0F,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-20T12:08:07.235+0000) > > We still have ARAM, but that doesn't seem to help. You mean the game mode where games 'r actually longer than current SR?
: Anybody remember the last time they took Elder Dragon?
The face when you realize OP's absolutely right. I forgot Elder Dragon existed.
: It’s not rewarding playing many immobile mages/ADCs
You have to play over twice as well compared to an assassin, as an immobile mage or adc, in order to 'outplay' or survive them. Talk about skill expression and high risk / reward lmao. Well I guess the game's more accessible to newbies and assassin mains are happy, skin sales are up and high. Too bad the competitive player base suffers.
: I'm a level 8 Ezreal with 988 max HP. He's a level 8 Pyke.
Pyke has harder time ramping up the damage up to his execution point compared to Darius. Idk where all the hate comes from. You can dodge all of his abilities, to boot.
: And here I thought Zyra did a whole shit-ton of damage on her own, regardless
> [{quoted}](name=Ok sure but why,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HgIG6ayu,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-06-13T20:40:16.863+0000) > > And here I thought Zyra did a whole shit-ton of damage on her own, regardless Her damage was heavily nerfed along her mage rework.
Madsin25 (NA)
: I mean with that logic every single keystone is a no skill stat modifier that you get for doing something you were going to do anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=Madsin25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HgIG6ayu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-13T16:20:17.762+0000) > > I mean with that logic every single keystone is a no skill stat modifier that you get for doing something you were going to do anyway. Congratulations, you just realized what was wrong with season 8 and the rune system.
: Can you PLEASE get over this true damage fetish?
Remember when Riot used to buff champions' utility and means to an end? Nowadays it's just slapping additional 20 - 40 base damage on an ability for no apparent reason, other than 'If it kills you before you kill it, it's viable!'
: Good job nerfing every support without any kind of compensation
It was a nerf that would've made sense if applied exactly a year earlier. Now, and without compensation, it makes NO SENSE AT ALL. If you're not going to reduce the damage globally, WHILE adding anti-shield mechanics into champions - don't touch the shields.
: I don't personally care being bursted from 100-0 by a perfect assasin combo that much. What I do care about is getting bursted 100-0 by what is supposed to be ''a tank''.
> [{quoted}](name=YoNightmare7,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=naacmQt2,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-06-11T12:09:58.615+0000) > > I don't personally care being bursted from 100-0 by a perfect assasin combo that much. What I do care about is getting bursted 100-0 by what is supposed to be ''a tank''. That 'perfect combo' is basically the rune called Electrocute, the player just has hit at least _something_. So much for 'outplay'.
: Riot: Rengar + Stormrazor + Dark Harvest + Duskblade = Totally Balanced
It's not just Rengar though. It's almost every assassin / fighter-assassin in the game right now. Minimal amounts of counterplay. Overbearing damage and item/rune synergy.
: not sure how to feel about his voice too be honest..
> [{quoted}](name=King Braum,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8ipQEKvE,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-06-12T15:36:11.786+0000) > > not sure how to feel about his voice too be honest.. I think it suits his new model and ability set. I like the accent, probably same voice actor as Viktor's.
: Aatrox: The Darkin Blade | Champion Trailer - League of Legends
Beauty comes in all colors, as long as it's red.
Madsin25 (NA)
: Actually essence reaver on renekton is very popular and has a decent(54%) winrate in plat. One tricks have a 60% winrate with the item.(in plat)
> [{quoted}](name=Madsin25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U5ZmxJ9c,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-12T03:05:55.584+0000) > > Actually essence reaver on renekton is very popular and has a decent(54%) winrate in plat. > > One tricks have a 60% winrate with the item.(in plat) wickd also regularly builds it on Renek, which is good enough proof for me.
Revali (NA)
: Camille and irelia feel like they have no counterplay because they can get pretty oppressive with a lead. The problem with them isn't their counterplay, there's plenty in their kit, it's how tanky they get whilst still dealing very high amounts of damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Revali,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EduZ7ELI,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-06-12T07:52:19.868+0000) > > Camille and irelia feel like they have no counterplay because they can get pretty oppressive with a > lead. > > The problem with them isn't their counterplay, there's plenty in their kit, it's how tanky they get whilst still dealing very high amounts of damage. No the issue is how well they're able to abuse a lead due to their kits having everything in it, effectively making them low risk/high reward champions.
: He loses lane to all but maybe 1-2 toplaners because the balance team tuned his numbers that way. And they tuned his numbers that way because there is nothing you can do if you are playing jax or shen or trynd to not get hit by all of garens damage output. And if they did decide to "make garen viable" by fixing those stats, then congratulations, you just made one champion viable and made those other 3 completely unviable (actually probably more champs unviable because there's a bunch of other true melee champs I didn't list). If you are against a Camille, you can always dodge her E skillshot or hug her during her W. You can always play around Irelia's stun because of it's cast animations and stay wary of your own minions or dodge literally the two line skillshots that I didn't describe that are a part of her kit.
> [{quoted}](name=flibitydoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EduZ7ELI,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2018-06-12T02:35:00.374+0000) > > He loses lane to all but maybe 1-2 toplaners because the balance team tuned his numbers that way. And they tuned his numbers that way because there is nothing you can do if you are playing jax or shen or trynd to not get hit by all of garens damage output. And if they did decide to "make garen viable" by fixing those stats, then congratulations, you just made one champion viable and made those other 3 completely unviable (actually probably more champs unviable because there's a bunch of other true melee champs I didn't list). > > If you are against a Camille, you can always dodge her E skillshot or hug her during her W. You can always play around Irelia's stun because of it's cast animations and stay wary of your own minions or dodge literally the two line skillshots that I didn't describe that are a part of her kit. Just because a bad Irelia always tries to stun you with a max range E doesn't mean she's plentiful in counterplay. Just because a bad Camille can't aim her E doesn't mean she's got tons of counterplay. Both of those abilities aren't really reliant on you dodging them - without a flash, of course. Even then, Camille's E can stun you even if you flash it. Point is, both of those 'skillshots' are extremely easy to hit on a champion with a normal-sized hitbox. Also, Camille can move away from you during her W cast as well.
: While I agree , but can't agree about Fizz and Zed being bad picks , both of them got +50% winrate in KR Challenger .
> [{quoted}](name=Noor Sakata,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0AbdlL7N,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-06-12T02:56:30.362+0000) > > While I agree , but can't agree about Fizz and Zed being bad picks , both of them got +50% winrate in KR Challenger . I think the reason he said that, is because both of these picks are (somewhat) inferior to Irelia and Leblanc for example. They're still better than any of the other 'non-meta' picks.
Veralin (NA)
: Sometimes, ya gotta take the hit
1st of all, you didn't lose any mmr for dodging, so you're none the worse for wear. 2ndly, always take a screen shot in these scenarios, and send it over in a support ticket. 3rdly, good job.
Bârd (NA)
: ...how do threads like this get upvoted? Ok, say they actually did this. The following things would happen. First off, every champion who relies on their burst would become barely unable to kill their intended targets, so all of the following champions would either become garbage tier if they build around their burst. {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:141}} (SA){{champion:121}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:163}} (JG) {{champion:91}} {{champion:4}} {{champion:77}} (Tiger){{champion:45}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:115}} Those above who have off-meta builds that make them tanks, bruisers, DPS, supports, or otherwise utility oriented champions would be forced to do so, since their primary playstyle is no longer viable. Those above who don't have such a build path would become irrelevant. What happens next is that in-combat sustain and shielding become too strong, since there isn't enough damage to kill people through it in any reasonable amount of time. The following would become too strong. {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} (tank){{champion:122}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:76}} (Athenes) {{champion:516}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:19}} Additionally, {{item:3074}} would become more dominant, so it's best users become much stronger. {{champion:114}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:114}} ADC's would undoubtedly catch onto this, and {{item:3812}} would become the new meta item. {{champion:119}} could use the buff, but {{champion:145}} absolutely does not need this. Oh, and with the burst required to kill them gone, champions whose main counterplay is "Lock them down and burst them" just got a massive buff. A lot of those are champions who themselves are bursty, but not all of them are. The hypercarries with incredible DPS become king. {{champion:268}} (come late game) {{champion:69}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:157}} But sure, go ahead and request broad sweeping changes to the entire roster. I'm sure there would be no unintended consequences.
> [{quoted}](name=Bârd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EifXYnwy,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-06-10T20:30:37.220+0000) > > ...how do threads like this get upvoted? > > Ok, say they actually did this. The following things would happen. > > First off, every champion who relies on their burst would become barely unable to kill their intended targets, so all of the following champions would either become garbage tier if they build around their burst. > {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:141}} (SA){{champion:121}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:163}} (JG) {{champion:91}} {{champion:4}} {{champion:77}} (Tiger){{champion:45}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:115}} > Those above who have off-meta builds that make them tanks, bruisers, DPS, supports, or otherwise utility oriented champions would be forced to do so, since their primary playstyle is no longer viable. > Those above who don't have such a build path would become irrelevant. > > What happens next is that in-combat sustain and shielding become too strong, since there isn't enough damage to kill people through it in any reasonable amount of time. The following would become too strong. > {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} (tank){{champion:122}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:76}} (Athenes) {{champion:516}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:19}} > Additionally, {{item:3074}} would become more dominant, so it's best users become much stronger. > {{champion:114}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:114}} > ADC's would undoubtedly catch onto this, and {{item:3812}} would become the new meta item. > {{champion:119}} could use the buff, but {{champion:145}} absolutely does not need this. > > Oh, and with the burst required to kill them gone, champions whose main counterplay is "Lock them down and burst them" just got a massive buff. > A lot of those are champions who themselves are bursty, but not all of them are. The hypercarries with incredible DPS become king. > {{champion:268}} (come late game) {{champion:69}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:157}} > > But sure, go ahead and request broad sweeping changes to the entire roster. I'm sure there would be no unintended consequences. Vast majority of these champions already largely overkill their 'intended targets' as it stands. 10% drop in their overall dps wouldn't be felt much. Conqueror as a keystone needs to be revamped or removed. It's fundamentally flawed and complicates balancing bruisers, tanks, and assassins together as a whole. Then again, if the amount of true damage gets reduced overall (including aforementioned keystone), then there's no need to clip the damage directly. Just increase base stats where those changes are needed.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xUbAFtAm,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-06-10T11:25:17.314+0000) > > You're missing the underlying point. People like the OP *had* fun in League, they want to *keep* having fun in League, but the game state is such that that's feeling impossible. I see the point, but it is clearly whining about it on the forums isn't going to do anything, game is gonna change whether you want it or not.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xUbAFtAm,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-06-10T11:27:56.519+0000) > > I see the point, but it is clearly whining about it on the forums isn't going to do anything, game is gonna change whether you want it or not. This is why Britain is still a part of the EU-- oh wait. People's opinions, and voicing them out actually _does_ matter! Who knew!
Yets4240 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Daddy Issues,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KB8MN2bA,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-08T17:30:02.675+0000) > > While I can see what you mean as far as damage goes, in my experience, those things don't really happen in the early game, and for later in the game as grouping occurs, oneshot picks preserve solo carry potential while there are playstyle choices and items that squishy champs can build to avoid this, assuming their teammates don't already have tools to keep them from dying. How can you solo carry if there is the possibility for everyone on the enemy team to 100-0 insta burst you without counterplay-- particularly when grouped in the deathballs that dominate the current META? Compare this to earlier stages of League where you only had to worry about being 40-0's by most champs, and maybe 60-0'ed by the burstiest of assassins and combo mages, and with proper strategic play you could avoid dying in most situations and continue to exert some influence on the map through macro oriented play styles and proper, careful warding and rotations. The easier you make it for everyone to kill each other, the less individual skill matters. Its the CoD effect. Compare CoD 4, 5, 6, 7 to Halo 3. One of them had a massive, thriving online community and competitive scene as well as multiple permanent spots in MLG, and other franchises, and was the largest online video game in the world at the time other than WoW with over 16,000,000,000 monthly players despite existing on a single console. It even out sold all of the mentioned games combined until several years into its lifespan. The main difference was that CoD had loadouts and a much, much faster TTK, and Halo had its weapons on the map equally distributed (with some asymetry as power weapons were designed to be fought over as strategic objectives, something missing entirely from those CoD games which were literally just TDMs) The simple fact that you started with less, it took much more to kill people and they had the chance to outplay you, or at the very least recover quickly, rather than the twitchy, reaction-based CoD spray-and-pray gameplay where the first to shoot or drop-shot won virtually every time, was all Halo needed to carve out a fantastic competitive niche where CoD floundered in the waters. When did Halo drop out of the MLG pool? Several years into Halo 4 (so after both Halo 3's fall off, and post Halo Reach MLG/competitive era; roughly 6 years after Halo 3 joined MLG) after the TTK was dropped heavily to nearly CoD levels, and the introduction of sprint, armor abilities, orbital calldowns like killstreaks, and other features which completely removed the deeper and more strategic layers in favor of twitchy, reaction-time based instagib gameplay. Literally as soon as it was made more CoD like, and CoD slowed down their TTK and nerfed killstreaks/starting loadouts, the two games swapped places in the competitve scene, and CoD became the mainline MLG FPS. What happened to Halo has happened to League. TTKs are about a 4th to a 5th what they were in Seasons 1-3, and that's fucking terrible. Killing people quicker, requiring less to kill people, needing less of an advantage, all of these things severely cripple and undermine a players ability to express their skill, and destroys individual carrying power as a result.
> [{quoted}](name=Yets4240,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KB8MN2bA,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-08T19:15:07.393+0000) > > How can you solo carry if there is the possibility for everyone on the enemy team to 100-0 insta burst you without counterplay-- particularly when grouped in the deathballs that dominate the current META? Compare this to earlier stages of League where you only had to worry about being 40-0's by most champs, and maybe 60-0'ed by the burstiest of assassins and combo mages, and with proper strategic play you could avoid dying in most situations and continue to exert some influence on the map through macro oriented play styles and proper, careful warding and rotations. > > The easier you make it for everyone to kill each other, the less individual skill matters. Its the CoD effect. Compare CoD 4, 5, 6, 7 to Halo 3. One of them had a massive, thriving online community and competitive scene as well as multiple permanent spots in MLG, and other franchises, and was the largest online video game in the world at the time other than WoW with over 16,000,000,000 monthly players despite existing on a single console. It even out sold all of the mentioned games combined until several years into its lifespan. The main difference was that CoD had loadouts and a much, much faster TTK, and Halo had its weapons on the map equally distributed (with some asymetry as power weapons were designed to be fought over as strategic objectives, something missing entirely from those CoD games which were literally just TDMs) > > The simple fact that you started with less, it took much more to kill people and they had the chance to outplay you, or at the very least recover quickly, rather than the twitchy, reaction-based CoD spray-and-pray gameplay where the first to shoot or drop-shot won virtually every time, was all Halo needed to carve out a fantastic competitive niche where CoD floundered in the waters. > > When did Halo drop out of the MLG pool? Several years into Halo 4 (so after both Halo 3's fall off, and post Halo Reach MLG/competitive era; roughly 6 years after Halo 3 joined MLG) after the TTK was dropped heavily to nearly CoD levels, and the introduction of sprint, armor abilities, orbital calldowns like killstreaks, and other features which completely removed the deeper and more strategic layers in favor of twitchy, reaction-time based instagib gameplay. Literally as soon as it was made more CoD like, and CoD slowed down their TTK and nerfed killstreaks/starting loadouts, the two games swapped places in the competitve scene, and CoD became the mainline MLG FPS. > > What happened to Halo has happened to League. > > TTKs are about a 4th to a 5th what they were in Seasons 1-3, and that's fucking terrible. Killing people quicker, requiring less to kill people, needing less of an advantage, all of these things severely cripple and undermine a players ability to express their skill, and destroys individual carrying power as a result. Well said.
: How yasuo mains see the honor system after going 12/5
What is this mythical creature you're talking about?
Glory97 (EUW)
: To be honest I disagree. I main midlane and I have a lot of fun playing poke/skillshot mages. Sure there are some champions who struggle a lot ( {{champion:99}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:161}} ) against the mobile champions But most mages are fine. Here are some tricks to hit more skillshots: 1. Use your skillshots when they go for last hits. You can easily land your cassio q onto ekko during his aa-animation when last hitting a minion. 90% of the time the ekko will last hit, and not be able to use his e to dodge. If he cancels his aa to dodge, he can't get cs, allowing you to get cs advantages. 2. Most dashes have quite long cd in early game. Most skillshots of mages have shorte cooldown, and you can use the time when their dash is on cd to your advantage. 3. Play arround the enemies vision. It's ten times harder to dodge when the skillshots comes from fog of war. In teamfight use this to your advantage. Position yourself in bushes/behind terrain to make it harder to dodge your skills. 4. take their possible ways to escape into consideration. Sometimes it's worth trying to predict to where the'll dodge. I even think that that a lot of mages have so reliable skillshots that it's already unfair for immobile champions, because of hard it is for them to dodge. For example {{champion:103}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:65}} {{champion:50}}
> [{quoted}](name=Glory97,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=elVW7nlX,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-06-06T10:44:39.886+0000) > > To be honest I disagree. I main midlane and I have a lot of fun playing poke/skillshot mages. Sure there are some champions who struggle a lot ( {{champion:99}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:161}} ) against the mobile champions > But most mages are fine. Here are some tricks to hit more skillshots: > 1. Use your skillshots when they go for last hits. You can easily land your cassio q onto ekko during his aa-animation when last hitting a minion. 90% of the time the ekko will last hit, and not be able to use his e to dodge. If he cancels his aa to dodge, he can't get cs, allowing you to get cs advantages. > 2. Most dashes have quite long cd in early game. Most skillshots of mages have shorte cooldown, and you can use the time when their dash is on cd to your advantage. > 3. Play arround the enemies vision. It's ten times harder to dodge when the skillshots comes from fog of war. In teamfight use this to your advantage. Position yourself in bushes/behind terrain to make it harder to dodge your skills. > 4. take their possible ways to escape into consideration. Sometimes it's worth trying to predict to where the'll dodge. > > I even think that that a lot of mages have so reliable skillshots that it's already unfair for immobile champions, because of hard it is for them to dodge. > For example {{champion:103}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:65}} {{champion:50}} I love playing skillshot mages as well. But assassins, the AD ones in particular, are just flatout better. You have to play x 2 - 3 better than the player on the other side to break even, including predicting a lot of their skill usage. And if they're fed, you actually have 0 chance to retaliate, because all it takes is under 0.5 seconds for them to burst you 100-0. Most mages have windups on their abilities about that half that long.
: Well bois were about to enter an assassin meta
We already are in one. And it's only going to get worse. Every game will boil down to who gets bursted the fastest.
: This is why she's slated for a full VGU
> [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a9H03zfb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-06T01:01:54.494+0000) > > This is why she's slated for a full VGU And Riot's already stated they love her uninteractive stealth and long-range dash mechanics. She's going to end up like Irelia - nasty even pre-rework, must-ban post-rework.
Exin0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=NorthernRedStar,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=elVW7nlX,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-06-05T21:13:20.840+0000) > > What's even more ridiculous, is that in season 8, all these mobile guys can dodge your skillshots with anything between 1-3 dashes, on top of out-damaging a full 3-4 spell (aimed) combo from you with the press of a few buttons. > > It's very comparable to some champions having 'I WIN' -button, which others lack. These others are then largely excluded from the whole season 8 meta because the risk-reward ratio simple cannot stand the out-of-control damage values runes bring to these low-risk champions. and big portion od problem is electrocute which half of rooster is using and another half trying to use so we have electrocute on garen, veigar, mf, maokai heck i see it even on soraka and sona. rune is too powerful and needs to go with all dmg runes.
> [{quoted}](name=Exin0,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=elVW7nlX,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-06-05T21:42:52.973+0000) > > and big portion od problem is electrocute which half of rooster is using and another half trying to use so we have electrocute on garen, veigar, mf, maokai heck i see it even on soraka and sona. rune is too powerful and needs to go with all dmg runes. I agree, the damage portion of it needs to be nerfed early-mid game.
: Venting : playing a poke / skillshot mage is fucking frustrating with everyone having mobility
What's even more ridiculous, is that in season 8, all these mobile guys can dodge your skillshots with anything between 1-3 dashes, on top of out-damaging a full 3-4 spell (aimed) combo from you with the press of a few buttons. It's very comparable to some champions having 'I WIN' -button, which others lack. These others are then largely excluded from the whole season 8 meta because the risk-reward ratio simple cannot stand the out-of-control damage values runes bring to these low-risk champions.
: > Didn't stop her from having a strong play rate alongside a decent win rate. I am the #1 Le blanc world (obvious smurf account is obvious, You should know by now who the fk I AM) I wont go to in detail but basicly People stupidity prevented reworked le blanc to be a staple midlane god tier pick (As she could abuse on hit items such as revolver/lichbane) However apart from 0.1% of even diamond elo + le blancs none was even building lichbane . None but bassicly me and people I though could do a quadra proc So due to everyone being only 20% of what Le blanc can be people whined about the Gunblade rush (which was garbage and not even close to efficient way of playing her) thinking that it is nessesery In short Le blanc got revertgutted - Less damage (She had way better damage due to quadra proc and passive) - Less burst (She had way better burst due to quadra proc) - Worse worst case scenarios due to dmg backloading - Less mobility - Garbage juke power - Less freedom (EXTREMLY important and no its not just RW backwards, I could R>E instakill quadra proc a target kite backwards > passive enemy RIP) - Higher mana costs - Old le blanc doesnt have per say much worse waveclear but due to minion changes her waveclear has never been this bad - Is actually delayed now since there is nothing to abuse and you have to wait out E which you forced to use last in your long range combos. However Few Le blancs returned. And of course if you return to a game you didnt play and ther is a resset on your ranking. Of course you ll climb... Bassicly le blanc has extremly high winrate on those people who got back to league starting to play it again. And those people are not in a division they were so they are winning.. increasing le blanc global winrate The revert was mistake but I am not claiming it didnt bring some le blancs back. Granted lots of le blancs quit league due to revert Anyway she has a high banrate thats because an average player is garbage in this game and none is there to educate the masses that she was revert gutted Current le blanc doesnt deserve more then 0,2 banrate while reworked le blanc deserved to be permaban to bad quadra proc didnt get popular
> [{quoted}](name=Infernal Ironic,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p41HxtE7,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-05T13:03:45.593+0000) > > I am the #1 Le blanc world (obvious smurf account is obvious, You should know by now who the fk I AM) > > I wont go to in detail but basicly > > > People stupidity prevented reworked le blanc to be a staple midlane god tier pick (As she could abuse on hit items such as revolver/lichbane) > However apart from 0.1% of even diamond elo + le blancs none was even building lichbane . None but bassicly me and people I though could do a quadra proc > > > So due to everyone being only 20% of what Le blanc can be people whined about the Gunblade rush (which was garbage and not even close to efficient way of playing her) thinking that it is nessesery > > > In short Le blanc got revertgutted > > - Less damage (She had way better damage due to quadra proc and passive) > - Less burst (She had way better burst due to quadra proc) > - Worse worst case scenarios due to dmg backloading > - Less mobility > - Garbage juke power > - Less freedom (EXTREMLY important and no its not just RW backwards, I could R>E instakill quadra proc a target kite backwards > passive enemy RIP) > - Higher mana costs > - Old le blanc doesnt have per say much worse waveclear but due to minion changes her waveclear has never been this bad > - Is actually delayed now since there is nothing to abuse and you have to wait out E which you forced to use last in your long range combos. > > However Few Le blancs returned. And of course if you return to a game you didnt play and ther is a resset on your ranking. Of course you ll climb... > > Bassicly le blanc has extremly high winrate on those people who got back to league starting to play it again. And those people are not in a division they were so they are winning.. increasing le blanc global winrate > > > The revert was mistake but I am not claiming it didnt bring some le blancs back. Granted lots of le blancs quit league due to revert > > > Anyway she has a high banrate thats because an average player is garbage in this game and none is there to educate the masses that she was revert gutted > > Current le blanc doesnt deserve more then 0,2 banrate while reworked le blanc deserved to be permaban to bad quadra proc didnt get popular Her kit is problematic and uninteractive. I have no issues with her being slightly on the weaker side.
: > [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleeper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p41HxtE7,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-05T06:30:11.851+0000) > > #*Laughs in Assassin Rework Reverts* > > {{champion:107}} {{champion:7}} Boards seem to think yet again that Le blanc revert was anything but a nerf TRIGGERED
> [{quoted}](name=Infernal Ironic,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p41HxtE7,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-05T09:22:48.022+0000) > > Boards seem to think yet again that Le blanc revert was anything but a nerf > > TRIGGERED Didn't stop her from having a strong play rate alongside a decent win rate. Granted, AD assassins are stronger than AP ones by a fair margin at the moment. Safe for a few exceptions like Zoe.
Feel Apathy (EUNE)
: As much as I dislike them, they're a necessary evil. Compared to {{champion:266}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:57}}{{champion:75}} life-leeching or {{champion:23}}{{champion:24}} flexing on turrets, I'd rather have those 2 "carry" games than get "out-skilled" by champions that heal for the damage they deal and their only weakness being their mana bar. Also people hated tanks and wanted bruisers, there you have it.
> [{quoted}](name=Feel Apathy,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jw44c73h,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-04T22:23:54.077+0000) > > As much as I dislike them, they're a necessary evil. > > Compared to {{champion:266}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:57}}{{champion:75}} life-leeching or {{champion:23}}{{champion:24}} flexing on turrets, I'd rather have those 2 "carry" games than get "out-skilled" by champions that heal for the damage they deal and their only weakness being their mana bar. > > Also people hated tanks and wanted bruisers, there you have it. Irelia and Camille are fighter-assassins, not bruisers. EDIT: Apparently they're now classified as 'divers' and 'juggernauts' under the tag 'fighter' each. Oh well. You get the drill.
KoKoboto (NA)
: Holy moly shield spam is finally being ADDRESSED
As I doubt riot's actually touching any of the damage numbers afterwards, the damage creep of this game continues stronger than ever. Seriously, if you plan to make nerfs this big to the class that essentially holds Zed, Talon etc. back from being perma-banned, you might wanna touch some of the offensive runes while at it, too.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Everyone always complains that only about 20-30 champs are played in LCS. Well guess what? If the meta doesn't change they will continue to play those 20-30 OP champs and nothing changes. The meta needs to change because the game is boring if it doesn't. You see the same old sh*t every game and it's boring as hell.
> [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U43pqW99,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-06-05T05:38:13.357+0000) > > Everyone always complains that only about 20-30 champs are played in LCS. Well guess what? If the meta doesn't change they will continue to play those 20-30 OP champs and nothing changes. The meta needs to change because the game is boring if it doesn't. You see the same old sh*t every game and it's boring as hell. That's why we have balance changes.
Jbels (NA)
: It's worse because most of the time the major changes just feel awful. They took three tanks and elevated them to pick/ban status while gutting the rest of them because they have no idea that the game NEEDS tanks to be at least decent compared to bruisers or the bruisers will just be able to assassinate squishies while still being tanky enough to get out alive/act as a front line. LOOK AT THIS META, it's the same shit as back when that happened! Tanks are being pushed out by bruisers, there's just no fancy tank update causing it
> [{quoted}](name=Jbels,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U43pqW99,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-06-05T02:41:00.954+0000) > > It's worse because most of the time the major changes just feel awful. They took three tanks and elevated them to pick/ban status while gutting the rest of them because they have no idea that the game NEEDS tanks to be at least decent compared to bruisers or the bruisers will just be able to assassinate squishies while still being tanky enough to get out alive/act as a front line. LOOK AT THIS META, it's the same shit as back when that happened! Tanks are being pushed out by bruisers, there's just no fancy tank update causing it Tanks become less and less relevant patch by patch due to the increasing true damage, and fighters (! not bruisers) being able to easily outduel and outburst a tank, while being sufficiently tanky or mobile in a teamfight to essentially fulfill the same role. Not to mention towers being so paper means various champions who are good at split-pushing are far more dangerous than a slower tank top. If you look at top lane popularity charts; - {{champion:8}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:122}} It's better to build damage. The only stat defensive stat that's really helpful is health, but with Botrk being built by a large variety of meta ADC's, even that can be questioned.
: > [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G23xNynK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-04T14:39:49.575+0000) > > Marksmen who dropped hard: > {{champion:29}} 48% win rate He can't drop hard enough and should be below Kalista tier.
> [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G23xNynK,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-06-04T17:00:53.765+0000) > > He can't drop hard enough and should be below Kalista tier. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: I'd rather the Q than the E tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=IcyPepper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IpdToAI4,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-04T23:26:41.904+0000) > > I'd rather the Q than the E tbh. Yes. Because it could mess up with his E ult/flash setup.
: Yeah, I'm with you here. He probably should not get buffs to his survivability. His passive is useful for weaving in and out of fights, *like an assassin should.* He gets rewarded for playing well, and will delightfully blow up if he overstays his welcome *like an assassin should.*
> [{quoted}](name=IcyPepper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IpdToAI4,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-06-04T16:04:52.018+0000) > > Yeah, I'm with you here. He probably should not get buffs to his survivability. > > His passive is useful for weaving in and out of fights, *like an assassin should.* He gets rewarded for playing well, and will delightfully blow up if he overstays his welcome *like an assassin should.* If Pyke were to be buffed, I'd shave off some of the time he spends animation locked in his Q, or some of the delay of his E.
Madsin25 (NA)
: Pretty sure pyke has the best resists in the game. They give him a passive that doesn't allow him to get any bonus hp. But it really means nothing because he was "compensated" with insane amounts of armor and MR.
> [{quoted}](name=Madsin25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IpdToAI4,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-06-04T15:57:03.949+0000) > > Pretty sure pyke has the best resists in the game. > > They give him a passive that doesn't allow him to get any bonus hp. But it really means nothing because he was "compensated" with insane amounts of armor and MR. In a meta where there's tons of true damage, it really does make a difference though. Health >> magic res and armor, atm.
: They gave him Camille's mobility with stealth and Thresh's CC. I hate Pyke.
Camille's CC is indefinitely harder to dodge than Pyke's. He's a very balanced design. 3 skillshots, squishy, rewarding. Good job on this one, riot.
Show more

NorthernRedStar

Level 108 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion