WilluTnA (EUW)
: Just got banned for 3 party software when ive never used cheats in league or any game ive ever playd
I'd say you should check your match history to make sure your account hasn't been hacked (since you dont get a message or anything if it does). although if you're unlucky it might have happened a while ago as well.
: Riot is actually pretty good in situations where they help you recover the account.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9O6nMei5,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-31T14:31:36.428+0000) > > Riot is actually pretty good in situations where they help you recover the account. they arent though. the fact that the amount of board posts about this issue kinda proves this at this point.
: My account is currently banned for the same reasons as yours. It doesn't look like I'll get mine back but I've seen board entries of people that have had their accounts returned. I hope you'll get yours back too but I don't really know how they decide who gets their account back and who doesn't.
> [{quoted}](name=LausbubJoe,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9O6nMei5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-31T05:03:17.570+0000) > > My account is currently banned for the same reasons as yours. It doesn't look like I'll get mine back but I've seen board entries of people that have had their accounts returned. I hope you'll get yours back too but I don't really know how they decide who gets their account back and who doesn't. From my understanding it's mostly people that have had this problem a while ago that get their accounts back, i haven't seen any recent board post of anyone getting their account back over something like this (might have overlooked some thread though idk). Or people that have had their accounts fully hijacked and not banned (i.e either a password change which is hard to do with 2fa on password/email changes or their account just being compromised without the "hacker" in question actively trying to get their account banned). I'm guessing its a "recent" policy change over at riot not to let people have their accounts back over issues like this i might be wrong though but it's what i've gathered from reading most of the recent posts about this.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 30
Here's some links to the walk cycles (the most up to date ones i could find). There are some other ones as well but since these ones were mentioned in this post i thought i'd just post them. Gragas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zgUw0jVAx8 Katarina - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL7GdQC5p20 Lux - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oufy4UdvLRQ Shen (in game) - https://twitter.com/RoryAlderton/status/1085320744660287488 Dr. Mundo(in game) - https://twitter.com/Tom_Anim/status/1085644764190392322 Twisted Fate(in game) - https://twitter.com/RoryAlderton/status/1082483344204431360 zyra - https://twitter.com/RoryAlderton/status/1077585623928557568
: Account hacked by a scripter lead to perma ban
you probably won't get your account back. there's tons of similar threads on these boards and all of em have gotten similar responses by riot support. it's usually something like "it's your responsibility" or "you're accountable for anything that happens on your account". tantrams been inactive recently as well and even if he wasnt im not sure if you'll get much by posting on the boards either.
droov (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=888leoj,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5VgOXniz,comment-id=0024000000050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-29T17:57:32.443+0000) > > my point was he hasnt been on the boards for about 15 days. don't know if there's any good reason for him not answering anyone or not. but it's not like he's gone on to answer other boards and stuff so it seems like he might just be gone/busy right now. as i said tho i have no idea what he's up to so who knows. he also seems to be the only rioter who responds to these type of threads. I see what you mean, let's just hope he shows up soon.
> [{quoted}](name=droov,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5VgOXniz,comment-id=00240000000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-30T00:06:11.456+0000) > > I see what you mean, let's just hope he shows up soon. mhm let's hope he does. p much playing a waiting game at this point lol.
droov (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=888leoj,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5VgOXniz,comment-id=00240000000500000000,timestamp=2019-01-28T07:33:29.044+0000) > > true. but looking at post history tantrams last response was in this thread so it seems like he's been gone or something so idk. one can hope he answers things when/if he comes back. It's been half a month already ...
> [{quoted}](name=droov,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5VgOXniz,comment-id=002400000005000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-29T15:11:12.689+0000) > > It's been half a month already ... my point was he hasnt been on the boards for about 15 days. don't know if there's any good reason for him not answering anyone or not. but it's not like he's gone on to answer other boards and stuff so it seems like he might just be gone/busy right now. as i said tho i have no idea what he's up to so who knows. he also seems to be the only rioter who responds to these type of threads.
: understandable, i was never banned so i wasn't aware of how it worked. thanks for covering it better
> [{quoted}](name=RÆVERT,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EsRPRoEP,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-27T10:04:39.536+0000) > > understandable, i was never banned so i wasn't aware of how it worked. thanks for covering it better Yeah fair enough. can be hard to know if you haven't experienced it yourself (riot hasn't explained the 2fa thing outside of an ama and the ban thing you basically only see if you actually got banned) . glad to have be of help. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
droov (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=888leoj,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5VgOXniz,comment-id=002400000005,timestamp=2019-01-22T21:23:06.810+0000) > > any response you could share or is it still being investigated? also there's been alot of these reports popping up lately on the boards any way of looking into em? nothing of course, you get banned for no reason and get no answer.
> [{quoted}](name=droov,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5VgOXniz,comment-id=0024000000050000,timestamp=2019-01-25T19:01:30.024+0000) > > nothing of course, you get banned for no reason and get no answer. true. but looking at post history tantrams last response was in this thread so it seems like he's been gone or something so idk. one can hope he answers things when/if he comes back.
: I was hacked today! Dude only got 2 games in before I changed my info but I added people from the recently played games since his scores were pretty damn high and sure enough he was scripting. Hope I don't get banned for this or I'm gonna be fucking fuming.
> [{quoted}](name=TrockaFlocka,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=djMR501N,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-25T06:46:37.115+0000) > > I was hacked today! Dude only got 2 games in before I changed my info but I added people from the recently played games since his scores were pretty damn high and sure enough he was scripting. Hope I don't get banned for this or I'm gonna be fucking fuming. heres to hoping it doesnt get banned. could make a support ticket about it or something but idk how helpful they'll be in ensuring that it doesn't, might help you avoid the wave though.
: I have the names of 2 account that have been compromised.
> [{quoted}](name=Hellmaximus1,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hEeq6nZA,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-25T09:09:47.551+0000) > > These two account have been compromised and are being used by 2 individual to script on the accounts. > > I know this because one of the account they used sent me a friend request asking if someone scripted on the account as he just got it account recovered. > > He said one of the people was talking to him about his scripts not working in private message, these to player were duo together scripting, I was playing vs them. > > I op.gg the player and he is currently duoing with another player and they both are scripting. > > Both these account have been compromised. > I made a support ticket but i was hoping people will upvote it so a rioter can see and lock those two compromised accounts before the hackers get them perma-banned. > > TICKET #38793772 its better to rely on the ticket systen for matters of locking accounts and such because rioters arent guaranteed to read your posts on here.
: this might sound dumb, but...how do you know you got banned for being toxic? if someone did actually hack your account, i doubt he would leave the same email as the one you are using. you wouldn't even get a notification telling you that you got banned. you'd basically be cut out from any infos on your account.
> [{quoted}](name=RÆVERT,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EsRPRoEP,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-25T09:23:18.397+0000) > > this might sound dumb, but...how do you know you got banned for being toxic? > > if someone did actually hack your account, i doubt he would leave the same email as the one you are using. you wouldn't even get a notification telling you that you got banned. you'd basically be cut out from any infos on your account. unless he's got access to the email as well he won't be able to change the password/email. riot added two factor authentication to email/password changes specifically so its one of the only things you actually need email access to change. if you can log into the account (which you usually can because they can't change password without email access) you can see the reason for the ban so that's probably why op knew the reason for the ban, riot support also tells you the reason for the ban when you ask them so that could be why as well.
: If you're the actual account owner you won't lose your account over this. I had someone login to my account, use my last skin refund, and gift themselves or a friend a skin. I got it sorted out very quickly as soon as I verified I was the true account holder, and I expect something similar for you as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Articus43,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jn1BEEbZ,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-23T03:58:24.322+0000) > > If you're the actual account owner you won't lose your account over this. I had someone login to my account, use my last skin refund, and gift themselves or a friend a skin. I got it sorted out very quickly as soon as I verified I was the true account holder, and I expect something similar for you as well. that's not necessarily true though. riot is infamous for having a no unban policy on 3rd party scripting. if someone just logs into your account to use something or buy something they can usually compensate you but it's different for stuff like account unbanning. i myself and many others on this board have gotten targetted by account breaches and ive tried for days to get my account back, i'm almost certain it'll never happen at this point.
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=888leoj,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=djMR501N,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-01-24T00:08:17.812+0000) > > "higher level of security" meaning stuff like changing password and emails yes? you don't need to do either to get someones account banned (for example) which was part of my point of bringing up 2fa in my original post. I meant that it should be implemented in a more general sense (like steam or battle.net's authenticator for example) where you'd need to use some sort of authorization method when logging into your account on a new device for any reason not just for account management. that's also in my experience what people mean when they say "league requires 2fa" or "where's our two factor authentication riot". My perception was that 2fa will ALWAYS be used to login from new device but additionally will be used for ANY device when changing passwords etc. English is not my main though
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=djMR501N,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-01-24T02:40:24.036+0000) > > My perception was that 2fa will ALWAYS be used to login from new device but additionally will be used for ANY device when changing passwords etc. > English is not my main though that's not how the current system works though. right now the only thing that even gets you notified of a breach is when they try to change the password/email of an account and nothing else. otherwise my and others accounts wouldn't have been breached in the first place (unless your email is compromised as well i guess). can understand the confusion though, that post is pretty ambiguous on that fact lol.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Scripters get banned in waves. There's no need for something happening suddenly. That is, to be perfectly honest, also the strongest argument that at least a large majority of the current bans are not the result of a security breach. Most of the incidents that people were banned for must have happened quite a while back. And yet somehow people only started complaining once their accounts were banned and not when they were hacked. I know some people might not have noticed (because the hackers apparently only want to use your account for cheating and don't change the password or anything) but **all** of them? Don't get me wrong, two factor authentication absolutely **needs** to be finally added, if for no other reason than to make these cases less ambiguous to those who cannot verify what actually happened.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=djMR501N,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2019-01-24T06:51:16.312+0000) > > Scripters get banned in waves. There's no need for something happening suddenly. from my understanding the "waves" only happen when riot finds a new cheat that's been going around and start banning people over it, not when someone uses an already detected cheat (which I'm guessing is what the hackers are doing). it'd be strange if riot doesn't ban people using cheats they already know of rather quickly. > That is, to be perfectly honest, also the strongest argument that at least a large majority of the current bans are not the result of a security breach. Most of the incidents that people were banned for must have happened quite a while back. if you check my [op.gg](http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=888leoj) every game after that sivir game was played while i was asleep. I've even got chat logs of friends that spoke to the person who breached my account, linked in the first comment on my original post. >And yet somehow people only started complaining once their accounts were banned and not when they were hacked. > I know some people might not have noticed (because the hackers apparently only want to use your account for cheating and don't change the password or anything) but **all** of them? As wuks (the board developer) posted about earlier you now need access someones email to change their password or email at all so its alot harder to actually hijack someones account instead of just getting them banned by cheating on it. i also didn't have any incriminating information (paypal or credit card stuff) linked to my account so there's really not much other than trying to get it banned a cheater can really do. > Don't get me wrong, two factor authentication absolutely **needs** to be finally added, if for no other reason than to make these cases less ambiguous to those who cannot verify what actually happened. yes real two factor authentication **needs** to be implemented, it'd help prevent pretty much all of this mess.
: You don't need to know someone's password to get their account banned? Please explain.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=djMR501N,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-01-24T01:08:21.016+0000) > > You don't need to know someone's password to get their account banned? > > Please explain. when did i say that? yes you need someones password to breach an account. you don't need their permission to do anything but change password though (it's the only place where riot will send an email to you if someone tries to access the page where you can).
: > [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=djMR501N,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-23T22:50:44.908+0000) > > most of the people that have their account "hacked" either let someone at their house on their account, gave away their information to a scam site and dont want to admit it, or had their password written down somewhere where someone in their house could get access to it easily. > > no one is going to legit hack your specific account Lol i agree with the first part... sounds logical and most likely. But "no one is going to legit hack your specific account"? So no one has ever had their account hacked? What?
i can't read apparently. disregard this comment as it was a response to something i didnt need to respond to lole.
: > ####**_~~Q: Hello riot, I was wondering if you have any updates for two-step verification?~~_** > > ######**_~~A: We actually do!~~_** We know this is something players have been asking about for a while, and we’re happy to announce that the **_*~~wait is almost over~~*_**. Starting this year, you’re going to be getting verification requests when you try to log in to your League of Legends account on the website to make changes to your account, or when you perform other tasks that may require a higher level of security. We’ve already been requiring two step verification for the past few months to log into the account management portal. For those who haven’t experienced it yet, it’ll be pretty simple in practice: > 1. When you try to log in on a new device for the first time, a code will automatically be sent to the email address linked with your League of Legends account. 2. That code will get you logged in, that device will be added to a list of “trusted devices.” AKA, you won’t need to do it again next time. 3. That’s it. Those are the two steps. We just put a third bullet here because those two looked lonely all by themselves. > Verification codes will be sent straight to your email address, and next year we’re going to be looking into whether or not it makes sense to develop a mobile app-based solution for two-factor authentication. https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/11/ask-riot-k-da-evelynn-and-poros/
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=djMR501N,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-23T23:58:28.923+0000) > > We know this is something players have been asking about for a while, and we’re happy to announce that the _~~**wait is almost over**~~_. Starting this year, you’re going to be getting verification requests when you try to log in to your League of Legends account on the website to make changes to your account, or when you perform other tasks that may require a higher level of security. We’ve already been requiring two step verification for the past few months to log into the account management portal. For those who haven’t experienced it yet, it’ll be pretty simple in practice: > 2. That code will get you logged in, that device will be added to a list of “trusted devices.” AKA, you won’t need to do it again next time. > 3. That’s it. Those are the two steps. We just put a third bullet here because those two looked lonely all by themselves. > > https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/11/ask-riot-k-da-evelynn-and-poros/ "higher level of security" meaning stuff like changing password and emails yes? you don't need to do either to get someones account banned (for example) which was part of my point of bringing up 2fa in my original post. I meant that it should be implemented in a more general sense (like steam or battle.net's authenticator for example) where you'd need to use some sort of authorization method when logging into your account on a new device for any reason not just for account management. that's also in my experience what people mean when they say "league requires 2fa" or "where's our two factor authentication riot".
: I agree with your opinion about 2FA, it's needed asap. Having said that it's not as easy as you think it is. Logging in from a different IP could mean that you moved somewhere else for example. Or you're in a system with dynamic IPs that gave you a different one because your usual IP is currently in use. Accounts also don't really get "hacked" a lot. Most of the times someone else just aquires your login info via phishing or a keylogger.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=djMR501N,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-23T23:01:47.267+0000) > > I agree with your opinion about 2FA, it's needed asap. > > Having said that it's not as easy as you think it is. Logging in from a different IP could mean that you moved somewhere else for example. Or you're in a system with dynamic IPs that gave you a different one because your usual IP is currently in use. > > Accounts also don't really get "hacked" a lot. Most of the times someone else just aquires your login info via phishing or a keylogger. I'd say logging in from a different ip should warrant a check if it's actually you though its not like your email/phone suddenly disappear if you move somewhere. also im pretty sure 1 they check more than just ip to confirm its you and 2 can go of off external ip so it wouldn't be that much of an issue (there's alot of similar systems already out there like on ubisofts client that work rather well). lastly i know full on "hacking" doesn't really happen on an individual level im talking more about data breached passwords and such (phishing as well to a certain extent although that's got more to do with the individual not having proper "etiquette" when it comes to scepticism on sites that offer free rp etc, still shouldn't warrant a perm tho).
: most of the people that have their account "hacked" either let someone at their house on their account, gave away their information to a scam site and dont want to admit it, or had their password written down somewhere where someone in their house could get access to it easily. no one is going to legit hack your specific account
> [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=djMR501N,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-23T22:50:44.908+0000) > > most of the people that have their account "hacked" either let someone at their house on their account, gave away their information to a scam site and dont want to admit it, or had their password written down somewhere where someone in their house could get access to it easily. > > no one is going to legit hack your specific account You know that there's tons of data breaches that have happened recently. People have passwords compromised all the time, It's not unreasonable for a player to have their account password compromised. Also i personally never leant my account to anyone, stayed away from scam sites never write down my password (p sure no one in my family knows what league is anyway). Also when people refer to "hacking" as in cases like "my account was hacked" it usually refers to compromised passwords/accounts not actual hacks. hacking in the literal sense pretty much only happens to large companies (which can lead to data breaches in the long term depending on what was recovered) but thats pretty much never what's being refered to in posts such as the ones i've linked.
Rioter Comments
: Pinged someone who is in a meeting, but will look at it in a few hrs. No promises on anything, but wanted to let you know that I forwarded this on for more visibility.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5VgOXniz,comment-id=00240000,timestamp=2019-01-14T23:47:24.764+0000) > > Pinged someone who is in a meeting, but will look at it in a few hrs. No promises on anything, but wanted to let you know that I forwarded this on for more visibility. any response you could share or is it still being investigated? also there's been alot of these reports popping up lately on the boards any way of looking into em?
Vortex L9 (EUNE)
: Unfair ban due to hack?
https://imgur.com/a/lUeLAad omegalul
: im calling bullshit you say you weren't the one playing on it, as if you know someone was playing on it. If you actually got hacked, if the PW wasn't changed or anything messed around, you wouldn't even know someone was playing on it also look at match history. While a lot of different champs aren't played, you past match history scores are mediocre. There are a couple great games but mostly consistently mediocre. Then the most recent games you suddenly have consistently gotten really really fed. prolly a booster
> [{quoted}](name=OrangeMarine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kFdu2svE,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-01-20T23:11:58.872+0000) > > im calling bullshit > > you say you weren't the one playing on it, as if you know someone was playing on it. If you actually got hacked, if the PW wasn't changed or anything messed around, you wouldn't even know someone was playing on it > > also look at match history. While a lot of different champs aren't played, you past match history scores are mediocre. There are a couple great games but mostly consistently mediocre. Then the most recent games you suddenly have consistently gotten really really fed. > > prolly a booster if you get your account banned/suspended when you know you didn't do something the natural conclusion would be that you either got hacked or falsely flagged by the system. calling a post like this bullshit just because of an simple conclusion you can draw from a suspension like this seems dumb. and the bot sais he got banned for "toxic behaviour right" aka running it down and being toxic in chat so i dont know what youre trying to argue here.
PavLoo (NA)
: Hi, Summoner. This is a really bad situation. But..! I have a possible solution! 1 - Submit a ticket AGAIN, but in the "Recover my account" thing. 2 - Tell them what happened in the clearest way possible. 3 - Remember to say that you did not play the games, and someone from a different IP did it. 4 - Wait for an answer. Please tell me the results in a reply! :) Hope I helped!
> [{quoted}](name=PavLoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kFdu2svE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-20T21:05:16.543+0000) > > Hi, Summoner. > This is a really bad situation. > But..! I have a possible solution! > 1 - Submit a ticket AGAIN, but in the "Recover my account" thing. > 2 - Tell them what happened in the clearest way possible. > 3 - Remember to say that you did not play the games, and someone from a different IP did it. > 4 - Wait for an answer. > Please tell me the results in a reply! :) > Hope I helped! 1. you'll get the same response no matter where you ask for help from riot support trust me i've had many back and forths with riot support about an issue similar to this. 2. they scim through your messages at best and still just give you a template response no matter what so it doesn't really matter no matter how well you try to explain yourself. 3. if you claim its from another ip riot will hit you with the "we don't see any breach that has happened" so that argument doesn't go through either. i can understand where youre coming from but none of these things are going to help because riot doesn't care sadly.
Vortex L9 (EUNE)
: Unfair ban due to hack?
> [{quoted}](name=Vortex L9,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kFdu2svE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-20T20:46:39.285+0000) > > Hi everyone, > i seek help cause my account got hacked i think and for one week im trying with Riot support to tell me what happened but they avoid my questions. Some clarifications before you jump into conclusions,i have other accounts to play. My problem is that i wasnt the one playing,therefore the ban is invalid. I have never shared my username and passwork to anyone as well. In the first ticket all the answers were vague and they trying to avoid my questions and eventually they closed the ticket. So i opened a new one requesting my data as the GDPR law says. English isnt my native language sorry! > Thank you for your time. i've had the exact same thing happen to me (more details in my post: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/IEBmNOuE-unreasonably-banned). it seems like riot support refuses to actually investigate bans like this and instead use template responses claiming that its the players fault while avoiding any questions or anything else that the player makes. i dont think this is acceptable behaviour from a company as large as riot games especially when they dont offer stuff like two factor authentication/notify users when someone with an unknown ip logs onto the account or even does something as simple as make you have to enter some sort of security code (that gets sent to your email/telephone) when you first log in from a new ip. i don't think riot can blame the player when they don't have enough measures/dont give out enough information about situations like this for a player to properly deal with it.
LeonLye (NA)
: You can get your account back by contacting support. Duh. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751694-Recovering-Your-Account (This means it’s a bad idea to try to buy lol accounts, since the original owner can recover it anytime.) (Although normally this method takes up to 7 days to recover your account and op already got his account back after 2 days.)
> [{quoted}](name=LeonLye,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AyRfQaxn,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-19T13:17:51.745+0000) > > You can get your account back by contacting support. Duh. > > https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751694-Recovering-Your-Account > > (This means it’s a bad idea to try to buy lol accounts, since the original owner can recover it anytime.) > > (Although normally this method takes up to 7 days to recover your account and op already got his account back after 2 days.) would that work if your account got banned but you have access to it's credentials though? i thought it was something you'd submit if someone had breached your account and you couldn't get access to it but i guess i was wrong.
: Riots ''Support'' system is a joke.
> [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XgaIei4W,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-19T11:50:31.985+0000) > > Please stop giving people who have been banned unreasonably automated fucking bot messages, especially the pointless quotes that the bots add at the end of their shitty messages, that doesn't help with their Goddamn response at all and is just inappropriate to put in your message when talking with a player who's probably devastated about their account. it's not bots its just templates theyre using aka pre written scripts almost to respond to any situation. its kinda annoying that riot would do such a thing for things like unjustified bans, im guessing its got something to do with policys inside the company tho so i wouldn't rail to much on support staff for it since it's not their decision in the first place.
rujitra (NA)
: You're doing things in the wrong order. As far as Riot is concerned, the account has not been recovered yet and is still subject to breaching. You need to submit a ticket under the "I can't access my account option", **ignore the ban and don't mention it** follow the account recovery process, **then**, and only after you recover your account, ask them to help undo any punishments that were made during the compromise. **However**, Riot usually waits some time after detecting scripts to ban, and they're banned in waves. As such, it seems **exceedingly** unlikely your account would've been banned **within 24 hours**. That is not standard at all and makes me suspicious of your story.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IEBmNOuE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-19T03:03:25.460+0000) > > You're doing things in the wrong order. > > As far as Riot is concerned, the account has not been recovered yet and is still subject to breaching. > > You need to submit a ticket under the "I can't access my account option", **ignore the ban and don't mention it** follow the account recovery process, **then**, and only after you recover your account, ask them to help undo any punishments that were made during the compromise. > > **However**, Riot usually waits some time after detecting scripts to ban, and they're banned in waves. As such, it seems **exceedingly** unlikely your account would've been banned **within 24 hours**. That is not standard at all and makes me suspicious of your story. Here's a screenshot of the ban message for clarification https://i.imgur.com/L5A8jDp.jpg . They also mention the fact that the account is permanently suspended in the original imgur post so i don't know how i could make the fact that my account is actually banned any clearer. Yes i've heard of this whole wave ban thing when it comes to cheating as well and either i got unlucky and got hacked into just before one of these waves hit or riots changed their policy on banning cheating recently (if there's a sudden spike in 3rd party scripting on accounts due to people getting access to others accounts in a breach i dont find the 2nd option that unreasonable either tbh). I could try "i can't access my account" but i'm pretty sure i'd get similar responses from riot games regarding this whole thing(will probably try it tomorrow anyway if nothing else works we'll see). it also seems like the "recover my account" option on riot games support is more suited for people that can't access their account due to stuff like password changes/email breaches etc (because to submit a "recover my account" ticket you literally have to be logged out of your account) which is not my problem since you can still log onto the account(aka i know the credentials, because my email wasn't compromised 2 factor authentication ftw lul) on the forums/riot support even if your account has been permanently banned on an in game server (kinda peculiar how that works tbh was surprised i could write on here when this accounts banned but oh well). also as i've stated before if you look around the forums for a bit you'll find other examples of people having the same issue so i don't think it's that uncommon of a thing(something something collection#1 breach 770 million accounts/emails/passwords were compromised).
: Unreasonably banned
also for further clarification. why would someone who's never gotten banned for anything before, who's poured alot of time and money into their account suddenly start using cheats from another ip location in another country. it seems more like riot doesn't want to investigate these matters (possibly due to the breach and maybe them getting alot of requests idk) than anything else, if you look around a bit in the forums you'll notice it's not just me having this issue/response so i don't think its unreasonable for riot to actually look into these matters. it's not like riot doesn't have things like login logs or chat logs available it seems more of a policy in not helping the people that got affected by this breach than them not being able to which i find kinda dumb. oh and another thing im also guessing its just people with alot of free time going onto hacker forums (where alot of collection#1 and similar breaches circulate) finding someones breached password and username and deciding "let's get them banned" or maybe they had an ulterior motive of checking through accounts to see if they could find stuff like rp laying around that they could use and if they couldnt find it theyd just troll around with cheats running in the backround to get em banned, although this is mostly just speculation on my part.
Gall (NA)
: How exactly does someone get a league of legends related trojan on their PC? Like, what sites would you have to go to or what weird things would you have to download? And after all is said and done, the hackers primary incentive is to just play a couple games with a bot running? Just seems dumb imo.
> [{quoted}](name=Pyrotechnics,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IEBmNOuE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-19T00:11:19.785+0000) > > How exactly does someone get a league of legends related trojan on their PC? Like, what sites would you have to go to or what weird things would you have to download? And after all is said and done, the hackers primary incentive is to just play a couple games with a bot running? > > Just seems dumb imo. it wasn't a keylogger/trojan ive checked my computer and there's no malware on it. i'm almost certain my account along with others (ive seen alot of posts pop up on the forums with similar issues on account hacks and getting permed) got compromised during collection#1 which is the most recent and the biggest data breach to ever happen. if you wish to know more about collection#1 id suggest googling it or reading this article on the matter: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/collection-1-have-i-been-pwned . id also suggest checking https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and changing your emails to make sure your email/account/password hasn't been compromised so you don't have to experience anything similar to what i have. you can never be careful enough with breaches as big as these tbh
droov (EUW)
: a reason for an unreasonable ban
i've had a similar problem regarding someone hacking into my account and using scripting to get me purposfully banned. i dont like the fact that riots response so far from looking through the board has been this "we cant do anything about it" kind of mentality it doesnt even seem like they investigate the claims but just reject it straight on. i'm also guessing this is tied to the collection#1 breach that happened recently where around 770 million accounts got their passwords/emails compromised and riots lackluster response might be a policy change due to this fact or something. its just a theory but i think it might be reasonable to assume that theyre getting bombarded with people having similar breaches happenening to their accounts and might just have shut down the investigation process of such claims entirely
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

Overlord Pizza

Level 282 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion