: Just because you end every post with a smiley doesn't mean you're correct or clever. To me, this isn't about hurt feelings. I don't give two shits what insults internet strangers decide to sling at me in a video game. What this is about are people ruining the game by banging on the keyboard and being annoying as fuck instead of playing the game. They're incapable of having fun without criticizing and flaming their teammates, and it detracts from the fun of the game.
> being annoying as fuck instead of playing the game. How can they be annoying, when you already muted them? :)
: Can you please just stop TYPING WORDS instead of playing the game and annoying the fuck out of your teammates?
How does he annoy his teammates, if they mute him? O.o Also, you might not be able to do this, but most of the people can write for example during walking to lane :)
: Exactly, I for one, have PTSD, and one of the hardest parts of playing games like league is dealing with stuff like this. It creates a stressful environment that can trigger people's trauma. No one should have to skirt panic attacks to play a game because a teammate won't stop spewing filth out of their mouths. Even ignoring trauma and how words can trigger it, it creates an aggressive and stressful environment. Few people want to play a game and end up more stressed out because of it. Most people play games for fun, or as a method of stress relief. So behavior like that ruins the experience for everyone else involved. Evidently for you as well, as it seems you've been banned for it.
> No one should have to skirt panic attacks to play a game because a teammate won't stop spewing filth out of their mouths. Totally agree with you. These people should mute anyone they do not like :) There is a mute button exactly for this reason. > it creates an aggressive and stressful environment If it makes you stressed, (you will never believe what I'll say), just press the mute button. Booom, you are in your special safe place, where the words of the evil bad people can't reach you.
Laura ß (NA)
: Can you please stop banning people for TYPING WORDS
On this Board, words are the most sharpest things in the universe. Bad words cut your soul, and billions of people are committing sudoku every millisecond just because they saw a bad word online. On the other hand trolls do not exist, everyone just has a "bad game". Welcome to the PB boards ;)
: Well he didn't fuck up the game for the jungler he was just overreacting.
OFC, everything what you agree with is just a honest mistake, everything you do not agree with is overreaction :)
: The system works
TLDR: Your teammate fcked up the game for the jungler, he got angry and now he is banned (and you are happy). Nice story, worth sharing, thanks!
: Game 1 In-Game Prince Ali: wait Prince Ali: my chroma Prince Ali: is not on? Prince Ali: i even picked it? Prince Ali: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Prince Ali: kayn took A LOT of exp from galio Prince Ali: i ganked too Prince Ali: u couldnt kill Prince Ali: how do i gank Prince Ali: when mid and top Prince Ali: and going after me Prince Ali: lol Prince Ali: you guys are 0/4.... Prince Ali: we can just ff Prince Ali: i ganked and they still had all summs Prince Ali: the fact that your saying that makes me not want to gank Prince Ali: they win 3v3 Prince Ali: no point Prince Ali: u guys Prince Ali: ..... Prince Ali: vasdhbcojvasnc Prince Ali: U FLASHED TO KS Prince Ali: AND YOU SAID YOUR R BOT Prince Ali: you stole the kill... Prince Ali: irelia cant evne hold her top lane Prince Ali: ... Prince Ali: he also took all the cs top Prince Ali: and hes not farming his jg Prince Ali: not my prob if u keep dying Prince Ali: cant gank bot Prince Ali: she ks me Prince Ali: and 40 cs from top lane Prince Ali: im coming bot Prince Ali: mr r bot Prince Ali: lets see it Prince Ali: lets see it sona Prince Ali: u waited for me to die Prince Ali: sorry my bot was already 0/8 Prince Ali: gg Prince Ali: report bot please Prince Ali: toxic Prince Ali: wp dude Prince Ali: u really outjungled me Prince Ali: REALLY Prince Ali: YOU STILL HAVE FLASH LOL Prince Ali: oh yeah my bot is too worhtless to take your flash xD Prince Ali: this sona admitted to inting then flashed to ks the kayn shutdown Prince Ali: how can i not say anything Prince Ali: I HAD FLASH Prince Ali: AND I WAS IN RNAGE TO AUTO Prince Ali: STOP MAKING EXCUSES Prince Ali: sorry 800g went to 0/3 support Prince Ali: report sona
Well, if you would have had a 14 day ban prior to this, then the permanent ban should be expected. But if you only had a 10 game chat restrict, this log should give you a 25 game restrict, you didnt use any ZT words, and imho the whole thing wasn't even THAT bad.... You absolutely should file a support ticket!
Lemexis (EUW)
: What if toxic players got a permanent -chat- ban instead of a total ban ?
According to Rito these players would turn into brainless zombies whose sole purpose is to troll and int the game. So that's why they don't do it. I just dont know why aren't they banned for trolling/inting if they do that O.o
zPOOPz (NA)
: so everyone else should learn to tolerate the toxic player, but the toxic player does not need to learn some self control? What's the word for it...? hmm..... entitlement!
Nobody expects you to tolerate anything. If you do not like a given person, press a single button (mute).
: so i get a chat restriction
Can't wait to see the 2 week ban expire, just to get a permaban for that game too :D
: Plea for Forgiveness and Lifting of Ban
: Riot, this is not ok
Waaait, so your friend made a dark joke with you and you complain about it on Boards? Why? O.o
: Suspended for 2 Weeks, how do I stop getting tilted
> How do I stop? Would allmute help? All mute would help a bit, but simply start not caring about the win. Just fck around like the trolls who got you banned... ;)
: Sounds like a personal problem
So looking at my comment and your comment together means, that nobody is as good at the game as they think themselves.
: At some point you're going to realize that because you can't carry the bad players, you're just not as good at the game as you delude yourself to be. {{sticker:sg-ezreal}}
At some point you should realize, that there are uncarriable games, no matter what you do.
: I don't have personal experience on the field, what I know, what I wrote aka, is how I have been told it works. If I am mistaken, or this applies to a situation not in correlation to how LoL servers work, my apologies. But the point rests that OP is safe. Thanks for your imput and the corrections. Not sarcasm, I genuinely appreciate it
Well, i'm also sorry if i sounded a bit offensive (i'll edit out the parts what is not really inappropriate)... And ye, the point of your post was correct ;) If his "offender" is not a high level hacker, but i doubt that :D
: he was obviously bluffing. 20 bucks say it was the main account of the nunu inter guy you exposed. Then late into his threats he realized he fucked up and that the connection would be drawn so he lied about having throwaway accounts. That is the most stereotypically fake threat possible. You are in no danger at all. Edit: It was obvious because these threats are made all the time. Spend 15 minutes as a female account in KIK, you will know what I mean. Literally every uneducated 12 year old whips out the IP tracking threat. First of all, the IP is not like regular data, it does not get received or sent. It has to be transmitted via GPS through direct link connection. AKA he can't view your IP itself, let alone get a GPS of it's location if you never open any phishing links he sents you. Second of all, IP tracking is a high class cyber crime and gets you charged for both attempted hacker attacking and stalking. Third, IP transmitting goes both ways. If he sents a phishing link and you click it, he will know where you are from, but if you can decipher the source code of the Link, in it you will find the IP of the creator device, and can therefore find out where he lives too. So ASSUMING THE GUY'S THREAT WAS NOT EMPTY, he went at it like a complete amateur. Like Iron man Said: There is no throne. No scenario where he goes out as the winner in this. And Maybe his threat is real and Maybe he actually finds and attacks you. But what's he gonna do? He will end up exposing his face, voice and general physique to you, B he will very likely be stupid enough to commit any attacks in public area, where other people can see and/or hear you. Then he will be caught, and not only fail, but actually go to jail regardless. Once again, I underline my point doubled. His threat was fake, and if it wasn't, there is not a single scenario in which he takes further action and DOESN'T go to prison. I repeat: You are in no danger at all.
> First of all, the IP is not like regular data, it does not get received or sent. IP is a bunch of bytes, and IP's are regularly send by DNS servers for example. > AKA he can't view your IP itself, let alone get a GPS of it's location if you never open any phishing links he sents you. Well, this part is true at least for LoL, if you do not use any p2p service, then he probably can't get your IP. And the pishing part is true, he can find your IP, if you open a pishing link. > If he sents a phishing link and you click it, he will know where you are from Maybe the city, maybe. To get exact address, he would also need to hack your ISP. > but if you can decipher the source code of the Link, in it you will find the IP of the creator device, and can therefore find out where he lives too. IP addresses are usually not stored in the code of a site, but you can get the IP of the site from a DNS server. But this way you could still only identify where the server is located (maybe). But i agree with your final conclusion, it was most likely a fake bullshit.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EExIcG7n,comment-id=000500000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T22:05:21.990+0000) > > So basically my comment was removed because I used the word nagger, when one of our special speclialist was as annoying as he could be. The mod intentionally misread is as a racial slur and removed my comment. Depending on the context of the conversation (which again for clarity's sake I wasn't a part of) I could see how that could potentially be mistaken or interpreted as a filter bypass. > Well, if you want to prevent people from misusing the chat, the way to do it is the chat mute. While I still do not see, how the misusage of chat would hurt anybody. TBH sometimes we shittalked eachother pretty harshly with my opponent, and we both enjoyed it. Even this would be punished now. Riot has no problem with people smack-talking each other if everyone is okay with it. That said because you're often in a game with up to 2-11 (depending on the game mode) random strangers what you and another person find funny everyone else might not, so caution and discretion is advised. It's a tricky balancing act. > Removing all the messages is still a solution. Also, gameplay offenses deserve a ban, I do not see any problem in this. I'm not arguing that intentional gameplay offenses don't deserve a ban (they absolutely do). I just also think that consistent chat related offenses also deserve punishments outside of just chat restrictions in order to try to hammer home the fact that chat is a tool that's meant to be used for things like communication and coordination and not for things like flaming and harassment.
Here's the context: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/f/ZGEFLEUQ/d/lZIswFyK?comment=00000003 and the context should be all of that persons posts, where he basically just annoys people in the name of "helping them". Basically he was complaining about every imaginable thing (while he cant even read dates...) > what you and another person find funny everyone else might not And they are allowed to mute me anytime, if they do not like me. Not like i could force myself upon them :D
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EExIcG7n,comment-id=0005000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T19:12:20.041+0000) > > It's not even about misreading. It's about "I read that word correctly, I know it's a normal word, but I think you wanted to use another word, so I will punish you". Not a single misreading, since that could be corrected by a "sry I fcked up". Mind providing some examples? I ask because I can't recall any recent incidents where this happened. > So you are annoyed, but you chose not to stop the annoying action. Is this some kind of soft masochist tendency or what? O.o I don't use the mute feature often because I'm usually able to just actually ignore it and filter it out without muting them, plus there's always the chance that they'll straighten up naturally over time and things will be fine for the rest of the game. That said if the player in question is doing nothing but sending annoying, pointless and problematic messages then that's when I'll use the mute button, so I don't get further distracted from the game. In other words it's more of a last resort for me than anything else. > The difference is that your team has all the tools to stop you from misusing these features if we are talking about chat, but they have no way to prevent you from gameplay offenses. That's why I think one should be punished and not the other. While I agree that it's allot more difficult dealing with gameplay trolls in the moment compared to chat offenders, I disagree that only one should be punished and not the other. Many people are able to use chat just fine without insulting, berating or harassing others, and if those misusers refuse to stop misusing it despite being given multiple warnings to do so then I see no reason why they shouldn't be held accountable for their continued misbehavior. And before you say "just permamute them", Riot's already tried that in the form of infinitely scaling CRs and found those with that penalty either used their limited messages to continue their poor behavior or just switched to committing gameplay offenses or both. This means that it's the player acting up that's the main problem and not the system.
> Mind providing some examples? I ask because I can't recall any recent incidents where this happened. So basically my comment was removed because I used the word nagger, when one of our special speclialist was as annoying as he could be. The mod intentionally misread is as a racial slur and removed my comment. > if those misusers refuse to stop misusing it despite being given multiple warnings to do so then I see no reason why they shouldn't be held accountable for their continued misbehavior. Well, if you want to prevent people from misusing the chat, the way to do it is the chat mute. While I still do not see, how the misusage of chat would hurt anybody. TBH sometimes we shittalked eachother pretty harshly with my opponent, and we both enjoyed it. Even this would be punished now. > used their limited messages to continue their poor behavior or just switched to committing gameplay offenses or both Removing all the messages is still a solution. Also, gameplay offenses deserve a ban, I do not see any problem in this.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FIqJTvdp,comment-id=00000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T17:59:32.703+0000) > > Well, if you didn't have ANY pleasure doing this, then you simply would not do it, since you are not forced to comment here. Or i could just comment because i believe this is the right thing to do If i see someone dying and helping him would mean loosing a limb, i wouldn't have pleasure, yet i would have done it Avoiding bad feeling is NOT seeking a good feeling. > Didn't he just criticize OP as well? In a mocking way. which he shouldn't as the subject is serious, the op expressed real concerns and may face PTSD from such experience (you can check what are every individual criterions , you'll see) > You do not show too much empathy either... > observation and description... empathy is composed by the words em (to mean with)+ pathos (the suffering) So empathy is "suffering with", he doesn't seem to be suffering, you can't empathize with these feelings. > Calling someone a "poor baby" is the same too. Maybe not from your viewpoint, but it is. NO, people are getting KILLED over such threat, that's the huge difference, that's why calling him a baby is not setting up a standards that is incontestable again , that's the kind of things you have to face to understand if law isn't sufficient there are plenty of people getting killed by a hitman over the internet, you can just browse if you don't believe me. > You are simply bashing someone for behaving the same way you did. He is NOT behaving the way i did, i never minimize someone's problems And that makes a huge difference > Ps.: Get real man. You are just bashing him, because you enjoy it. Nobody should ever take OP seriously here. Death threats in an online game, whooo hooo, sooo scary. This whole thing is a joke.... Once again you are minimizing how much a death threat represents, [they come to execution ](https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7771505/Video-game-fanatic-hunts-down-and-stabs-rival-player-who-killed-character-online.html) and that's why you should NEVER EVER ignore a threat. Not coming to his help , reassuring him , giving him advice and instead mocking him is straight up inhumane
> So empathy is "suffering with" You should get over the etymology and go to the definition tab at wiki, you would see it means more than just the mirror translation ;) > NO, people are getting KILLED over such threat, that's the huge difference, that's why calling him a baby is not setting up a standards that is incontestable One example from 2010. True, now i'm afraid. How many "allahu akhbar"s were followed by explosion, are you always afraid of them? O.o It's still not realistic... Do you call the police whenever somebody says some bullshit to you on the internet? Highly doubt it, but if you take it serius, that would be the first thing to do.... > He is NOT behaving the way i did, i never minimize someone's problems He had a problem with op, you started crizicizing him for his problem with OP.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EExIcG7n,comment-id=00050000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T10:05:18.057+0000) > > I'm not even talking about accepting the answer or not. People are allowed to disagree and that is completely fine. I'm talking about "I read a different word than what you wrote, so i can punish you for it" thing. At least when i'm discussing stuff with moderators i try not to put words in their mouth, what they did not say. Sadly this is not the case the other way around. Agree to disagree here. While I'm not denying mods can make mistakes at times and that sometimes we can misread things, the same is also sometimes true of standard users, I'd say especially so of those who have a history of violations. > Well, i guess then you are a totally different in every sense than me. I'm not annoyed by chat, i'm annoyed by trolls/inters. I usually do not even mute them, since i do not care. You are talking about an "annoyance" what i simply can not understand, because for me it does not exist. I usually only mute at as a last resort myself, but that doesn't mean I don't get slightly annoyed sometimes when someone decides that acting up in chat is more important than focusing on the actual game itself. > But i'm honsetly interested. Do you start missing CS when somebody wrote a "fck you" in chat and you muted them? Or do you completely stop play the game and cry in the corner of your room? Do you start diving tower? Or what? I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion at hand. > I hope you realize that what you are saying now, is a gameplay offense and not a chat offense. And i'm all for punishing people who afk and just write in chat. If they write a beautiful poem, LoL lore, or just flame somebody, if he is not playing the game, get punished. So i totally agree with you on the last part, gameplay offenses should be punished. That's a good point, but I'd say it's often both actually. While they're busy typing up chat offenses they're also technically committing gameplay offenses as well. Yes gameplay offenses should be punished more frequently than they are now, but that doesn't mean chat related offenses should be ignored either since both are misusing features of the game often to try to hinder their team (champ abilities for trolls, chat for verbal abusers/ragers).
> that sometimes we can misread things It's not even about misreading. It's about "I read that word correctly, I know it's a normal word, but I think you wanted to use another word, so I will punish you". Not a single misreading, since that could be corrected by a "sry I fcked up". > I usually only mute at as a last resort myself, but that doesn't mean I don't get slightly annoyed sometimes So you are annoyed, but you chose not to stop the annoying action. Is this some kind of soft masochist tendency or what? O.o > both are misusing features of the game often to try to hinder their team The difference is that your team has all the tools to stop you from misusing these features if we are talking about chat, but they have no way to prevent you from gameplay offenses. That's why I think one should be punished and not the other.
: once again you were looking for discrepancies in my words once again you failed and so the cycle continues <3
I have literally 0 idea what are you talking about right now :) But if you enjoy it, keep it up :D
: Do i seem to get any pleasure from it ? Most mammal have empathy it is more than human, it is a NATURAL ANIMAL BEHAVIOR I stand my ground and keep my sayings. i'm not mocking him , i'm watching a human fail (many human fail actually) as a human being and i try to criticize his decision and give him advice to act accordingly. but failure in recognizing suffering and lack of empathy is a real mental disorder, and even if i admit that the term "abysmally", while staying neutral, seem on the "insulting" end it is the only term i could find to describe a human failing at a socially important task, and i don't believe it does constitue any mockery as i never considered he was laughing matter, and i described with accurate terms, someone causing damage to other individual du to his very own problems just like a psychopath in a society, it's a lack of social intelligence, not an insult, not a joke, just pure constatation, observation and description... as pitiful as these term reflecting to the mere surface of the darkness within human race appear to you.
> Do i seem to get any pleasure from it ? Well, if you didn't have ANY pleasure doing this, then you simply would not do it, since you are not forced to comment here. > Most mammal have empathy it is more than human, it is a NATURAL ANIMAL BEHAVIOR I stand my ground and keep my sayings. k, so what? :D > i'm not mocking him , i'm watching a human fail (many human fail actually) as a human being and i try to criticize his decision and give him advice to act accordingly. Didn't he just criticize OP as well? In a mocking way. > but failure in recognizing suffering and lack of empathy is a real mental disorder, You do not show too much empathy either... > it's a lack of social intelligence, not an insult, not a joke, just pure constatation, observation and description... Calling someone a "poor baby" is the same too. Maybe not from your viewpoint, but it is. You are simply bashing someone for behaving the same way you did. Ps.: Get real man. You are just bashing him, because you enjoy it. Nobody should ever take OP seriously here. Death threats in an online game, whooo hooo, sooo scary. This whole thing is a joke....
: The Anivia OTP was *insulting,* not mocking
: > [{quoted}](name=PositiveMental41,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FIqJTvdp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-06T08:08:17.223+0000) > > Poor baby are you going to be ok? > Oh the trauma you went through omg I feel so sorry for you. Like it or not , what you just said , is horrible He is a human being and have the right to not be threatened, be understood, and not mocked mocking him is the proof that you possess an abysmally low social intelligence, please consider social context next time
> He is a human being and have the right to not be threatened, be understood, and not mocked I do not think, you understand the person you replied to :) > you possess an abysmally low social intelligence Didn't you just talk about not mocking others? O.o
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EExIcG7n,comment-id=000500000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T00:32:40.519+0000) > > I honestly do not feel like anything is worth discussing with moderators, they behave like spoiled r%%%%%s (i'm not saying they are). After the "i read different words than you wrote, and then ban you for it" i do not see any reason to argue with them, they will just read whatever they want.... That argument can go both ways when the person discussing moderator actions taken will only accept the answer they want to hear and nothing else. > If something annoys me, and i have the absolute perfect way to stop it, then i do not care about that issue, nor do want to punish people for it. > > Honestly, what are you talking about? You see a "fck you you idiot noob, you suck" and will start to cry in the corner? What "damage" are you talkin' about? These are just random characters on the screen..... Let me put it another way: it's distracting listening to someone act up in chat, and while muting helps prevent further annoyances it doesn't magically make the previous annoyance go away if that makes sense. Yes they're technically random characters on a screen, what's your point? > So you want to forbid people to do what they want, even when it does not have any effect on you? Are you the same person who cares about what other people do in their bedroom? O.o I mean, if it doesnt affect you, then why do you care? Your argument is a red herring. The time one spends acting up in chat is time they're not spending on playing the game itself, essentially putting our team at a 1 man disadvantage (possibly more if more join in on their antics), which in turn could potentially cost our team the game.
> That argument can go both ways when the person discussing moderator actions taken will only accept the answer they want to hear and nothing else. I'm not even talking about accepting the answer or not. People are allowed to disagree and that is completely fine. I'm talking about "I read a different word than what you wrote, so i can punish you for it" thing. At least when i'm discussing stuff with moderators i try not to put words in their mouth, what they did not say. Sadly this is not the case the other way around. > Let me put it another way: it's distracting listening to someone act up in chat, and while muting helps prevent further annoyances it doesn't magically make the previous annoyance go away if that makes sense. Well, i guess then you are a totally different in every sense than me. I'm not annoyed by chat, i'm annoyed by trolls/inters. I usually do not even mute them, since i do not care. You are talking about an "annoyance" what i simply can not understand, because for me it does not exist. But i'm honsetly interested. Do you start missing CS when somebody wrote a "fck you" in chat and you muted them? Or do you completely stop play the game and cry in the corner of your room? Do you start diving tower? Or what? > The time one spends acting up in chat is time they're not spending on playing the game itself I hope you realize that what you are saying now, is a gameplay offense and not a chat offense. And i'm all for punishing people who afk and just write in chat. If they write a beautiful poem, LoL lore, or just flame somebody, if he is not playing the game, get punished. So i totally agree with you on the last part, gameplay offenses should be punished.
rujitra (NA)
: 1. The jungler does not have to gank any one lane at any given time. You are not the boss of the jungler. 2. If the jungler kept thinking he could kill the Teemo, the jungler can keep ganking Teemo. 3. Stop trying to report everyone just to avoid taking any responsibility for the loss.
> If the jungler kept thinking he could kill the Teemo, the jungler can keep ganking Teemo. Ye, i guess if somebody thinks that he can kill the tower with mobi boots, and tries it multiple times, that's correct as well. > Stop trying to report everyone just to avoid taking any responsibility for the loss. Wut!?
: Intentional Feeding
Wait at least 2 days. The Rito support is slow af (and also not very competent, but at least give them a chance).
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EExIcG7n,comment-id=0005000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-03T09:33:46.125+0000) > > I like your way of saying: "People like you are a sensitive little crybaby bitch assholes." (I'm not saying you are) Is this the ultimate way to flame somebody, but not to get punished? O.o > > I mean, when i wrote a disclaimer in PS that my post did not contain any racist/sexist stuff, that got removed. Is it only allowed for moderators? Or i made a mistake to write it in PS, and not in parentheses? (I'll try it next time.) I took a look (I wasn't the one who handled it) and if it's the one I think it is then you should already have received an explanation for why it was removed. If you'd like to discuss that particular case then please go to Discuss the Boards to do so if you haven't already. > Sadly it just depends on the definition of insult, rage and harassment. Asking the 1/6 to stop suiciding is not harassment, in my opinion. But one of the mods gave an example of "bantering", which in my opinion was literal ass licking instead of bantering... While I do agree that asking someone to stop suiciding isn't harassment (assuming it's that exact wording), it's not something that's helpful or constructive since it's only telling the person to stop the action rather than how to stop performing the action. > I do not see anyone complaining about their inability to harass others. If i wanted to harass somebody, i would complain about having a mute button, since that prevents my harassment. Can you show me any of the flamers who think there should not be a mute button (i have never seen one on the Boards). So no, nobody is complaining about not being able to harass others ;) Maybe not outright with that exact wording but there have been posts that basically boil down to them not wanting to be held accountable for their actions/behavior and thinking that the mute button = a get out of jail free card (it doesn't). > Literally nobody is expected to endure any kind of chat. If you do not like something, you can press the mute button anytime. Nobody prevents you. Unless you mute all at the start of the match the only way you know to mute someone is when they start acting up, but by then the damage has already been done. Not only that but it doesn't stop them from continuing their behavior-it only prevents you from seeing what they type.
> I took a look (I wasn't the one who handled it) and if it's the one I think it is then you should already have received an explanation for why it was removed. If you'd like to discuss that particular case then please go to Discuss the Boards to do so if you haven't already. I honestly do not feel like anything is worth discussing with moderators, they behave like spoiled r%%%%%s (i'm not saying they are). After the "i read different words than you wrote, and then ban you for it" i do not see any reason to argue with them, they will just read whatever they want.... > Maybe not outright with that exact wording but there have been posts that basically boil down to them not wanting to be held accountable for their actions/behavior and thinking that the mute button = a get out of jail free card (it doesn't). If something annoys me, and i have the absolute perfect way to stop it, then i do not care about that issue, nor do want to punish people for it. > but by then the damage has already been done Honestly, what are you talking about? You see a "fck you you idiot noob, you suck" and will start to cry in the corner? What "damage" are you talkin' about? These are just random characters on the screen..... > Not only that but it doesn't stop them from continuing their behavior-it only prevents you from seeing what they type. So you want to forbid people to do what they want, even when it does not have any effect on you? Are you the same person who cares about what other people do in their bedroom? O.o I mean, if it doesnt affect you, then why do you care?
AkiBroPro (EUNE)
: i got permabanned
This is so sad. Aleksa play despacito! Jokes aside, when you got the 14 day ban, that was your last chance. You do not get any more. Feel free to create a new account, or start playing another game.
: Is calling someone delusional and being generally passive aggressive bannable?
Saying anything what somebody else does not like is bannable. And simply do not use the chat at all, then you are safe.
: Inting Player, Nunu ADC, Said he wants to get demoted to Iron IV
But you can't ban bad players. I'm quiet sure he is just having ~ 20 consecutive bad games. Also, how would you want to detect a basically AFK player, with horrible stats for 20 consecutive games? Even the most sophisticated AI would not be able to detect this. It would need at least 2 group of 120IQ and Diamond+ players to find out if he might be trolling. I hope you didn't say anything bad in chat, since that would totally get you banned :\
: Inter getting away with it
You expected a troll to get banned LoL :D I just hope you didn't say anything to him in chat, since then the banhammer would smash your skull... Sadly you can not to anything else, this is how Rito works.
: So if someone drops a hard R in chat to start the game. What is there to do?
Report, manual ticket, police, ambulance, NSA, CIA/FBI, military, NATO, Trump, and start praying to all the possible gods there. Call these authorities in this order, to make sure that person can't play LoL again for saying a word. Plan B: Buy Rito, delete LoL, nobody can play again ;)
ooNerOoo (NA)
: Inting player in LoL
The 1-20 game almost surely gets him punished, that is just total mindless inting. Could you show us a pic, where he has at least 2 played games after the Brand? It's very likely he got punished after that (sometimes there is a 20-30 min delay, thats why i asked for 2 games)
: > Like wherever you look at, people just afk and run it down nonstop. Statistics? I hardly ever encounter this. > Do you even punish people anymore? Statistics? Read the damn boards, dude. > At this rate who wants to play a game where people just troll around and afk unpunished? Millions upon millions of people. Nobody encounters this type of behavior as much as they think they do. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/rant
> Millions upon millions of people. Nobody encounters this type of behavior as much as they think they do. Statistics?
Cycera (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=23uFwaZA,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-06-02T12:54:38.898+0000) > > after 25 games there are no more chat restrictions just the 2 week and permaban. > > If you play without any punishment for a long time (I mean a lot of games) you can drop back one tier. But there are no 100-200 game chat restrictions. There's at least a 200. My friend got one. Unless that was a weird bug or outlier incident.
When did that happen? A long time ago there were very long chat bans, indeed. Nowadays never heard about it O.o Sorry if I was wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EExIcG7n,comment-id=000400000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-03T11:53:51.329+0000) > > Should, but in LoL it rarely happens. > > Did i ever say this? O.o > > Or this? > > Yes, as soon as my play is impacted by my shittalk, yes, i should get in trouble too. I'm still not talking about walking to him and starting a brawl.... Yeah and if you're spending your whole league match typing back at someone it's going to affect your gameplay. Yelling at someone who is inting is going to do literally nothing other than give the inter the attention they want. Calling them slurs or typing at them all game is _literally completely useless_ and will just annoy the other people on your team. Also, people rarely get banned for trolling? Literally just look at the boards, there are people who complain about getting banned for inting weekly. The problem is inting is harder to detect than slurs, if you're too lax with it people who just had a bad game are gonna get affected.
> Yeah and if you're spending your whole league match typing back at someone it's going to affect your gameplay. Well, I still never said this, but whatever.... If I would be typing the whole match, and basically afking, then I deserve the punishment for afking. > Calling them slurs or typing at them all game is literally completely useless and will just annoy the other people on your team. You hit your pinky in a furniture, you curse. What does it change? If it's not personally you, there are still people like this. > Also, people rarely get banned for trolling? Blatant mindless inters sometimes do. Anyone who wants to ruin your game and has a brain can do it freely.
: Standing up for yourself is not bullying a bully. That would be taking it further, which is also incorrect. The issue that bothers me most here, is that bullies tend to travel in groups, and they are for have the ability to create false reports against the same person that they were bullying. The system's auto penalty after multiple reports then punishes the person who was bullied. That, I find unacceptable.
> The system's auto penalty after multiple reports then punishes the person who was bullied. That, I find unacceptable. Wrong. Report count does not matter only if you were reported or not. (At least this is what Rito says.)
: You can argue that kys is the same level of insult as "fuck yourself," but Riot doesn't agree with that. Please refrain from making references that are not boards appropriate. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board
> You can argue that kys is the same level of insult as "fuck yourself," but Riot doesn't agree with that. Well, you know this is kinda the reason why people argue. When they do not agree on something, they share their ideas about the subject why they think so. If Rito would agree with me, i would not argue about it O.o > Please refrain from making references that are not boards appropriate. Well, since suicide is apparently Board appropriate i thought this one was also. I hoped our very clever moderators (obviously i'm not thinking about you here, just in general) get the point of what i said, looks like it's not the case.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EExIcG7n,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-06-03T09:48:41.067+0000) > > I hope you realize that "having a right" to do something does not mean this. Or do you also claim, that i have to right to kill people. And the police has the right to arrest me for it? O.o Sounds stupid doesn't? People who say this are totally stupid and have no idea what "right" means. (I'm not claiming you are, just people in general) This is such a ...weird analogy. If you murder someone, you get to be arrested and face the consequences of your actions. Just like being toxic in chat will make you face the consequences, a ban or chat restriction. You do technically have the "right" to do anything you can physically do, because humans have free will...but there's consequences to anything you do.
> This is such a ...weird analogy. Thanks, that was my goal :D > You do technically have the "right" to do anything you can physically do And this is what i wanted to point out. THIS IS NOT TRUE. If this was true, then the "right" word would have no meaning, since it would apply to everything by definition.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EExIcG7n,comment-id=0004000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-03T09:40:34.844+0000) > > Well, if i'm playing any sport, and one of my teammates intentionally get points for the opponent, i'm allowed to tell him to fck off in every case. The moral standards upheld by Rito are sooo much different from any real life scenario, it makes no sense. If your teammate starts scoring for the other team, you can't just break out into a fight in the middle of the court. The offending player gets taken off the court...gets banned. If you walk up and sucker punch the guy or get in his face and start screaming while everyone else around you is trying to play? You'll get in trouble, too.
> The offending player gets taken off the court...gets banned. Should, but in LoL it rarely happens. > you can't just break out into a fight in the middle of the court. Did i ever say this? O.o > If you walk up and sucker punch the guy or get in his face and start screaming while everyone else around you is trying to play? Or this? > You'll get in trouble, too. Yes, as soon as my play is impacted by my shittalk, yes, i should get in trouble too. I'm still not talking about walking to him and starting a brawl....
: > All of these basically mean, that you are annoyed by that given person, that's all. "kys", "fck you" and "fck yourself" and almost every expression like this means the same... Are you seriously going to try to argue that the meaning of "kys" is that it's an expression of annoyance, and nothing more? "kys" stands for "kill yourself". Unlike the phrase "fuck you/rself", it's meaning isn't figurative - it's something that someone actually _can_ do, and trying to reduce it's meaning to simply an expression of annoyance is just _not_ gonna fly. "kys" means "kill yourself", and you cannot say that it means the same thing as "fuck you/rself". Unless you want to openly deny any value in a human life or the gravity of telling someone to end theirs.
Let's follow your logic a bit: > "kys" stands for "kill yourself" "fck yourself" stands for "fuck yourself" > it's something that someone actually can do it's something that someone actually can do (with sufficient tools) > "kys" means "kill yourself" "fck yourself" means "fuck yourself" ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > and you cannot say that it means the same thing as "fuck you/rself" I just did :D I mean, these mean the same in an online gaming environment, not in your bedroom... > Unless you want to openly deny any value in a human life or the gravity of telling someone to end theirs. What is the point of randomly saying things like this when it means nothing? I mean, i could say that "You can not use the name 'Umbral Regent' unless you want to openly deny any value in a human life or the gravity of telling someone to end theirs." It just wouldn't be true. So you think, that claiming that "kys" is not as offensive as you think, means that i do not value human life or forcing someone to suicide. [removed by moderation]
: What is Riot's official stance on bullying and victimization?
But by bullying a bully you just become a bully and other non-bullies will start bullying you (the newly formed bully) and they become bullies as well.
: Thanks, I know it's up to me. I'm not here to seek guidance on that matter. Riot has done a good job of creating a cult like atmosphere of people who feel anything outside positive remarks and objective driven chat entries is considered toxic. Actually, I would bet a lot of money the same people defending their values are people who have suffered from actual social or mental disorders in real life (anxiety, depression, etc). You're not an asshole for calling someone out that finds it okay to bash you without you ever saying anything to them to begin with, and you're not an asshole for telling a troll they are ruining your experience and should get off. Games commonly take 25-40 minutes. You can win a ranked game in 40 minutes and have your points taken in the next game within 15 by a guy who is only there to laugh while intentionally ruining everyone elses experience.
Maaan you forgot to add the "(i'm not thinking you are, just in general)" disclaimer after the mental illnesses, you lost this post :D
rujitra (NA)
: >Why is it that a player can be banned for petty things like arguing or expressing rage in some way or form. Because the vast majority of players believe this has no place in League of Legends. >and if you type in anything remotely human (because that's what free speech is), you get hit with chat restrictions or bans. No, that's not what free speech is. You have freedom of restrictions on speech from your government, not a private business or individual. Businesses and individuals can refuse service and/or kick you out for any reason they deem necessary (save for your membership in a protected class, of which asshole is not). Further, "being human" is not the same as being an asshole. >Why do I not have the right to speak my mind? You do. Riot also has the right to kick you off of their servers. >The line truly isn't that fine that Riot has to issue the same penalties for people that do seriously harass or speak in a prejudice way as those who are arguing. They don't. People with less severe toxicity take more games before they're finally punished. People with more severe toxicity are punished after less games. >This is a video game, not some political crossroads where we have to delegate superior moral behavior. Riot is not "delegating" (wrong use of this word, by the way, I'm not even sure what you were trying to say) anything. Riot is simply setting very common rules - don't be a dickwad, and you won't get banned. > I have spent countless hours and real life money on this game And this means you should have the right to ruin other customers' games? What if the person who you pissed off spent more money and/or time than you? >only for some sensitive kid behind his keyboard You mean you? You're being sensitive here - you are getting unhappy just because people want you to not be an asshole in game. You are also behind your own keyboard. > to prevent me from playing or typing because he hits the report button in attempt at revenge. You are not punished if you do not misbehave. You can be reported hundreds of times and if you don't misbehave you will not be punished. Simple way to not get punished - don't misbehave. Over 80% of players succeed at never getting a single punishment. >Why have the ability to chat at all, if everything is monitored and judged in a dystopian manner. Again, over 80% of players never get a single chat restriction, much less a temporary or permanent ban. Nothing is managed or judged in a "dystopian" manner. It's judged with the eye of "don't be an asshole". It's not hard. >it feels really bad to have it taken from you because of some petty social standard decided upon by other humans. I suggest you follow the rules of a community you decide to be a part of then. >but in all honesty if someone can't handle what is literally not only normal on the internet but in real life why are they playing a game where socializing is one of its greatest merits Being an asshole in real life is not "normal". You are free to socialize in League. I suspect highly that your form of "socializing" is something **you** consider normal but the rest of society in real life would consider vile, disturbing, and/or plain disruptive. >We're not all going to be these weird robots only promoting positive remarks like "gg! Well played! Good job!". Nobody expects you to. It takes a hell of a lot to get punished. I've had my moments in games where I say something that isn't really very nice. I have not gotten a single chat restriction ever across multiple accounts. You're allowed to screw up. But when your screw ups are either severe, consistent, or *per*sistent, it becomes a problem. >There has to be some level of criticism allowed There is. In fact, you will **never** be punished for **constructively** criticizing others in moderation and when it is merited. >and if argument will always result in penalty the initiator should be the one punished. Both players are participating in toxic behavior. Both players are at fault. Your lack of self control and your retaliatory nature are not other players' problems and other players should not have to suffer because of it. >With that being said, I'm considering quitting this game due to these foolish standards You are free to do so. I encourage you to reflect on this because society's standards are no different. In other words, you'll have a hard time in the real world if you think Riot's standards are "foolish". >and will explain why to the literal 100s of friends I have that play this game If your friends are normal, they may agree with you to your face, but in private they'll think you're an idiot and a jerk because you got punished and instead of accepting it and becoming a better person you decided to whine and moan about it. If they're toxic like you are, then Riot would rather them leave the game anyway, so you're doing them a favor. >Many of which will surely do the same because they play to spend time with me in a fun way. Why is your fun so much more important than that of the other 4 players on your team?
> You do. Riot also has the right to kick you off of their servers. I hope you realize that "having a right" to do something does not mean this. Or do you also claim, that i have to right to kill people. And the police has the right to arrest me for it? O.o Sounds stupid doesn't? People who say this are totally stupid and have no idea what "right" means. (I'm not claiming you are, just people in general) > And this means you should have the right to ruin other customers' games? How does the chat ruin your game? O.o How much damage does a "kys" deal to your team? If you do not like something, mute it. > Being an asshole in real life is not "normal". You are totally right. If i play a sport, and one of my teammates intentionally get points for the enemy, that's asshole. And no sane person would call me an asshole for telling them to "fck off". Yet in LoL this whole thing is the other way around... > I encourage you to reflect on this because society's standards are no different. In other words, you'll have a hard time in the real world if you think Riot's standards are "foolish". Society, in some places still make sense.
: The moral standards the overwhelming majority of people here want you to follow? The moral standards that are assumed practically everywhere, like "Don't be an ass to other people"?
> The moral standards that are assumed practically everywhere, like "Don't be an ass to other people"? Well, if i'm playing any sport, and one of my teammates intentionally get points for the opponent, i'm allowed to tell him to fck off in every case. The moral standards upheld by Rito are sooo much different from any real life scenario, it makes no sense.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LordierTengu,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EExIcG7n,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-06-03T06:11:00.470+0000) > > This was a great response. I sensed no hint of hatred for what I type I typed as I did in all the others so far. You truly answered me objectively and thoroughly. Though I must say why is "idiot. 1/6 and talking?? we got camped and you had a free lane and still sucked." a statement worthy of penalty. Because you used the word "idiot"? It's because its only purpose as a whole is to insult and demean others. Even if you removed the word "idiot" the message and intent would still be the same. >You spend the same time typing that as you would have the response you believe to more reasonable. Its okay that the vast majority of players feel the way you do and everyone else who has responded, If I am outnumbered in opinion that is okay with me. I only hope to get at least 1 person under the same realization I have acquired who did not accept or really firmly understand it before. > > This game and community truly has a weird culture of the simplest things being considered "toxic" or detrimental to the game. Just to clarify, I'm not the guy constantly raging on others and wondering why I'm getting penalized. I'm the guy that is saying, this is absurd. Simple chatting shouldnt be penalized when there is no sexual harassment, prejudice, or attacks on personal identity. Chatting by itself won't get you punished (I use it regularly myself and have never been warned or banned for it). It's when you start using chat to consistently insult, rage at and/or harass others that it will get you punished. Even consistent amounts of low-grade insults/harassment can eventually lead to a punishment since the IFS punishes based on consistency and severity. Besides, if someone is only interested in using the chat to insult, rage at and/or harass others rather than play the actual game itself then why shouldn't they be hit with a punishment and held accountable for their actions? > I now see that Riot is only acting in response to their community.. which is vastly composed of sensitive people. I understand not wanting any unnecessary chatting in game but this is life. Life and people don't change just because you signed into a virtual server. This game may be an escape from a reality for most people, but it shouldn't get so bad as to paint an entirely distorted view of what is normal socializing. Here we go, the whole "I can't behave however I want and get away with it, therefore the community is sensitive" argument. This (imo stupid and dumb) argument is used allot, most commonly by people who are mad that they can't get away with behaving poorly in a video game (not saying you're one of them necessarily). Let me ask you this: is it really the community that's sensitive for simply not being willing to put up with other peoples poor behavior even in a game? Or is it actually the people complaining about not being able to abuse and harass others and get away with it that are the sensitive ones? In my experience the answer to that question is often the latter since they often don't realize and/or want to admit that "you should be able to handle it" is just a poor excuse to be a bully or a jerk (again, not saying you're one of them necessarily). From [Ulanopo’s Knowledge Base](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4086541&page=1#post43465401):): >**“People who report are simply being oversensitive. The mute button exists for a reason.”** >Let’s start with the Riot quote on this (link (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30696571#post30696571)): >**_Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?_** _Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player._ >Simply put, Riot says no. You can scream and cry all you want, but it is their house and their rules. >With that out of the way, I think the topic deserves some further discussion. The theory is that, if people resolved to care less, then they would be happier. I often refer to this as ”Argument from Stoicism” and I think it is a fairly weak philosophy because it places the burden on the person being expected to endure the behavior rather than the person exhibiting the behavior. “You should be able to handle it” is just a flimsy excuse for being a bully or a jerk. I have to be the bigger man so that you can do whatever you want? That hardly seems fair. >There is also the issue of how I spend my limited free time. Like most people, I am constantly required to make value judgments between the different forms of entertainment that are available to me and, let's be honest, we live in an age of nearly limitless entertainment options. If I'm having a bad day in League, I can just fire up Steam and play a whole bunch of games that don't require me to put up with someone's BS. >This is not an issue of weakness or thin-skin; it's a question of choosing activities that don't leave me feeling frustrated and angry. Too many of those experiences and I'll just find something else to do. Riot knows this.
I like your way of saying: "People like you are a sensitive little crybaby bitch assholes." (I'm not saying you are) Is this the ultimate way to flame somebody, but not to get punished? O.o I mean, when i wrote a disclaimer in PS that my post did not contain any racist/sexist stuff, that got removed. Is it only allowed for moderators? Or i made a mistake to write it in PS, and not in parentheses? (I'll try it next time.) > It's when you start using chat to consistently insult, rage at and/or harass others that it will get you punished. Sadly it just depends on the definition of insult, rage and harassment. Asking the 1/6 to stop suiciding is not harassment, in my opinion. But one of the mods gave an example of "bantering", which in my opinion was literal ass licking instead of bantering... > Or is it actually the people complaining about not being able to abuse and harass others and get away with it that are the sensitive ones? I do not see anyone complaining about their inability to harass others. If i wanted to harass somebody, i would complain about having a mute button, since that prevents my harassment. Can you show me any of the flamers who think there should not be a mute button (i have never seen one on the Boards). So no, nobody is complaining about not being able to harass others ;) > it places the burden on the person being expected to endure the behavior Literally nobody is expected to endure any kind of chat. If you do not like something, you can press the mute button anytime. Nobody prevents you.
Show more

Ph03n1xb1rd

Level 111 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion