: Guys, we did it. We're finding a cure for aids!
The only small problem is that you gotta have HIV as well as cancer for this treatment to work. Amazing job by anyone involved and a major breakthrough, but the necessity of cancer is a bit unlucky.
: SoloRenektonOnly Needs A Ban
What lol. It's his twitch channel, he can ban whoever he wants. I'm never toxic in chat or in my ingame behavior, but if I talked in chat the way I talk about my teammates to my friends I'd be banned on 20 different accounts. Should I also be banned?
: Forced 50% winrate is not an opinion, it is how the system works. I had too many big winning streaks followed by big losing streaks to think otherwise. Recently I had a friend come back to lol and he was placed bronze. He literally played vs gold/plats every game, whilst being iron. Match-history checkable. A bronze player, with high gold mmr, playing vs high gold mmr enemies, in order to force his winrate to 50%, despite still being ranked bronze. That guy even sent a ticket to riot and they made automatically skip to silver 1 due to claiming his placement in bronze was a bug in preseason
> [{quoted}](name=GelsominoKiller,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hT5i0ueo,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2019-02-01T23:40:31.572+0000) > > Forced 50% winrate is not an opinion, it is how the system works. > > I had too many big winning streaks followed by big losing streaks to think otherwise. > > Recently I had a friend come back to lol and he was placed bronze. He literally played vs gold/plats every game, whilst being iron. Match-history checkable. > > A bronze player, with high gold mmr, playing vs high gold mmr enemies, in order to force his winrate to 50%, despite still being ranked bronze. > > That guy even sent a ticket to riot and they made automatically skip to silver 1 due to claiming his placement in bronze was a bug in preseason Because that WAS a bug in preseason. People were being placed way lower than they should have. Challenger players were placed in iron, so yea hthat WAS a bug. That's not proof that the system forces 50%. They were still being matched with higher players. MMR was right, ELO was wrong
Heos00 (NA)
: They admitted it, at least for promotion games. If you say "no", then you are not playing ranked at all. The trend it's like this, if you go in a winning streak, you will win no matter what, even if you didn't deserve it but those winning streaks lasts for 10-20 games and then there comes the losing streak for about the same amount of games or more, but the case here is... you are not getting empaired with better opponets as the ELO system should do, nope, you are actually getting empaired with worst teammates leaving you with little chances to "carry" a game, even harder for lesser impact roles that can't roam enough. For example, my last losing streak i had a jungler that was gold 2, and any other player in the game was plat 4+, obviously he got roflstomped by the enemy jungler and we lost the game because of it, i couldn't do much since i was adc and the meta is about "early game" almost 100% dominated by jungler matchup. I can continue giving examples of this kind that shows how this is a bit rigged since you are not facing better opponents, instead they are forcing you to carry 1v5 4 people in a PvP multiplayer battle arena that is meant for teamworking, not for individual plays and this gets worsen by the fact that this game has serious power gaps between roles, since ones impact the game flow so much more than others and they are clearly bad balanced. For promos, they shouldn't even exist, they are seriously rigged obviously, just add frustration and consumes much more time than needed to climb. The thing here, the ELO system is meant for chess or 1v1 games, not 5v5 games with serious balance issues. Maybe they forced this unintentionally by thinking that the ELO was a good idea for this game, who knows.
> [{quoted}](name=Heos00,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hT5i0ueo,comment-id=001d,timestamp=2019-02-01T22:03:08.248+0000) > > They admitted it, at least for promotion games. You uhhh You got a source on that?
Troma (NA)
: They do they even put people with excessive leaves in your matches to show their matchmaking has a 50/50 ratio. No matter how good you are you will always have a 50% match history. I got 6000 games at a 50/50 ratio because of said parirings.
> [{quoted}](name=Troma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hT5i0ueo,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-02-01T07:10:08.030+0000) > > They do they even put people with excessive leaves in your matches to show their matchmaking has a 50/50 ratio. No matter how good you are you will always have a 50% match history. I got 6000 games at a 50/50 ratio because of said parirings. Do you have any evidence for that? And how do streamers and youtubers (and challenger players) get such high winrates consistently on multiple accounts, even through diamond and Master? They sure don't seem to feel it, even if they have a 70% winrate in Master.
: > [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hT5i0ueo,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:08:35.175+0000) > > So there was a topic on the EU boards with a pretty big amount of upvotes Bruh that's 10 upvotes. That's just considered "Salty Player #4731" around here.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hT5i0ueo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:13:16.486+0000) > > Bruh that's 10 upvotes. That's just considered "Salty Player #4731" around here. For EU boards that's quite a lot in a few hours. Top voted post on the first page has 40 upvotes in 2 days. (sorting by hot gives me an error 500, so I couldn't check)
Rioter Comments
: Multiple forging using tokens at the same time
So much this. I was about to make a thread about this. It's so annoying to have to redo the same stupid action 10 times. Just like with opening chests, make a button that says "forge 10" just like the "open 10"
Rioter Comments
Kyunsei (EUW)
: I dare you, I say I DARE YOU Riot games, to tell me matchmaking isn't skewed to reach a 50% WR
Rioter Comments
AA12 (EUNE)
: Daily reminder to nerf ignite
Why though? It's balanced
: When you buy Thornmail as Ashe
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Oa-fPNlSrrY/maxresdefault.jpg
: @Riot you seem dedicated to fight visual clutter, but what about audio clutter?
{{champion:43}} SAE ELEISA TERA VI GEAN NO KYRI VI LATH RIAN OUNE VI
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Paintchip,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=psy9EI70,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-05-25T17:01:27.140+0000) > > Liberals just can’t stand a strong and influential black man who thinks for himself. First Cosby, now Freeman....fuck #metoo. Waitwaitwait. You're defending COSBY? The Roofie guy?
: > [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z4OhE2gE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-05-25T11:58:33.031+0000) > > Yeah of course assuming that that's true. > > But OP is acting like all he was accused of was looking at them and making a few comments about them. The article I read said it was "unwanted touches" and inappropriate comments, it seemed to make it seem like it wasn't such a big deal. Just flirting with women can sometimes result in "unwanted touches" but not in a sexual way. It could just be OP didn't have all the information and read the same article I did!
> [{quoted}](name=Rabblerouser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z4OhE2gE,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-25T13:45:57.210+0000) > > The article I read said it was "unwanted touches" and inappropriate comments, it seemed to make it seem like it wasn't such a big deal. > Just flirting with women can sometimes result in "unwanted touches" but not in a sexual way. > > It could just be OP didn't have all the information and read the same article I did! https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/24/entertainment/morgan-freeman-accusations/index.html
: > [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z4OhE2gE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-25T11:51:42.357+0000) > > Sooo... Did you do that as well? Cause if you did, that's kinda sickening. Assuming that's actually true... Because if it is then yeah I would agree that it is sickening.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z4OhE2gE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-25T11:55:02.951+0000) > > Assuming that's actually true... Because if it is then yeah I would agree that it is sickening. Yeah of course assuming that that's true. But OP is acting like all he was accused of was looking at them and making a few comments about them.
: Morgan Freeman has been targetted... Makes no sense..
> In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say." Sooo... Did you do that as well? Cause if you did, that's kinda sickening.
: Honestly, I think the worst part... This is honestly just a big show that back then, Rules around touchy feely was more lenient.. And generally speaking, a lot of people were ok with it. Back when saying "You look attractive" Was a compliment, and not some sort of predatory remark.. Though honestly, This is getting into social problem territory i'd like to avoid. But i will remark that from my point of view, This is time changing rapidly, while the old-time ways of people cannot.
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=psy9EI70,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-05-25T04:58:21.589+0000) > > Honestly, I think the worst part... > >This is honestly just a big show that back then, Rules around touchy feely was more lenient.. And generally speaking, a lot of people were ok with it. > >Back when saying "You look attractive" Was a compliment, and not some sort of predatory remark.. Yeah but what about: > In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say." I don't believe that was ever deemed okay.
: I am glad Solo is a box office flop already.
And now they confirmed a standalone Boba Fett movie as well. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-boba-fett-movie-is-happening-james-mangold-direct-1113273
: Rest in Peace Morgan Freeman
Oh man, and here I almost forgot the general population of the league forums. My bad, thanks for reminding me :) {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: mixing ranks in ranked game bronze vs plat+
Are you talking about 3v3 or 5v5 flex? Those queues ahve different MMR from soloqueue. So a soioqueue challenger player who play 3v3 flex for the first time can be matched with a bronze 5 soloqueue player who plays flex for the first time, because their 3v3 Flex mmr is identical. Eventually it will work itself out, since the challenger will keep on winning, and the bronze will keep losing
: Innocent until proven guilty. It sucks for the accuser if they are telling the truth, but being wrongfully accused does far more damage, so things should be set up in a way where the accused are considered innocent until proven guilty. Media and people who spread accusations don't care about the truth, and they are the real bad guys in this.
> [{quoted}](name=redniwediS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=psy9EI70,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-24T23:35:38.053+0000) > > Innocent until proven guilty. > > It sucks for the accuser if they are telling the truth, but being wrongfully accused does far more damage, so things should be set up in a way where the accused are considered innocent until proven guilty. Media and people who spread accusations don't care about the truth, and they are the real bad guys in this. Have you read the whole article? This is basically a done case. He even kinda admitted and apologised for his behaviour. The old "I didn't mean to make anyone uncomfortable".
Rioter Comments
glockbox (NA)
: No man. If you want to use the crime analogy, then this game would be considered detroit. Go search for facts You play in EUNE so we can't relate people are probably nicer. But in NA you will probably cry yourself off the game. This is definitely the most toxic game go look for yourself
> No man. If you want to use the crime analogy, then this game would be considered detroit. Still doesn't mean people want crime to be in detroit. And the cops want to do something about it. So it was a good analogy actually. > You play in EUNE so we can't relate people are probably nicer. EUNE is considered the most toxic region by players. And EUW after that. At least from the Western servers. NA is kindergarten compared to EU.
: PSA: Why the tribunal is never coming back
Did you just?? https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/2E8dqxs9-an-automated-system-banning-on-the-spot-without-context-is-the-only-way-to-have-a-ban-system-at-al XD, what a coincidence Totally agree btw. IFS is perfectly fine as it it, and it would be impossible to tribunal everything.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-23T11:49:47.693+0000) > > 50 other people don’t even fully read your post, moron. > > Not even gonna bother reading further til you finish school, lmao http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/976/327/98f.png Refusing to read something because it proves you wrong is usually not the way to go. But okay, was nice meeting you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-23T07:57:08.995+0000) > > Yeah. But I clearly stated that you drop the speed buff continuously while OUT OF COMBAT. > So I don't know what you're on about. No, you ambiguously stated “_**even**_ when out of combat” to imply that it should work in as well as out of combat. Otherwise you would’ve (or should’ve) stated “the MS bonus is lost randomly/while OOC” The operative word you used is “even” which means in and out of the context you provided, which is incorrect. Is your English curriculum failing in EU?
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-23T09:33:45.397+0000) > > No, you ambiguously stated “_**even**_ when out of combat” to imply that it should work in as well as out of combat. Otherwise you would’ve (or should’ve) stated “the MS bonus is lost randomly/while OOC” > > The operative word you used is “even” which means in and out of the context you provided, which is incorrect. > > Is your English curriculum failing in EU? "Even when out of combat" clearly implies that it's supposed to happen when in combat, but it even happens when you're out of combat. The fact that 50 other people got it, is less evidence of my English curriculum failing, but rather you lacking reading comprehension. "the lights in my pc are on, even when my pc is off." "person x burps and farts very loud, even in public places" "some Australian dude tries to correct grammatical mistakes, even when there is nothing wrong with the sentence" Something is that is only supposed to happen when there's certain criteria (losing movement speed when entering combat and gaining it again once exiting) happens, even when the criteria are not met (it happens even when he's out of combat)
: > [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-04-22T09:25:25.503+0000) > > The fact that you lose the speed buff? The skills drops the MS buff in combat.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2018-04-23T03:35:56.271+0000) > > The skills drops the MS buff in combat. Yeah. But I clearly stated that you drop the speed buff continuously while OUT OF COMBAT. So I don't know what you're on about.
: well it would be flat out broken if he could see the enemies trails and therefore location if they got below 50 without vision on them.. we cant have that. but yeah the re-spawning thing makes no sense if he has vision of them he should get the speed regardless of if they have been damaged or not.
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-04-22T22:56:21.570+0000) > > well it would be flat out broken if he could see the enemies trails and therefore location if they got below 50 without vision on them.. we cant have that. > > but yeah the re-spawning thing makes no sense if he has vision of them he should get the speed regardless of if they have been damaged or not. Agreed, it would be too OP, but change the tooltip then. Also just had a game where I was actually alive, and the 10% hp J4 didnt give me anything
Wtf Jax (EUW)
: His w only work Out of combat.. so if u hit him while he is running he will go slower
> [{quoted}](name=Wtf Jax,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-04-22T22:52:06.297+0000) > > His w only work Out of combat.. so if u hit him while he is running he will go slower And your point is? I'm talking about losing the speed when out of combat
: Yeah ok but can we talk about how I'm clearly on the range line to Q someone and it just doesnt want to happen?
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-04-22T16:37:18.166+0000) > > Yeah ok but can we talk about how I'm clearly on the range line to Q someone and it just doesnt want to happen? That's also the worst :( Or when you're actively holding Q, and you don't go through, and that one time you actually don't want to hold, it goes through.
: How do Smurfs and Boosters sleep at night?
I actually just got my smurf to level 29 1/2. Gonna have some fun with that next week :)
: What do you mean “even while out of combat” regarding his movespeed buff? It **only** works out of combat. He loses the MS buff while in combat.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-04-22T07:16:28.565+0000) > > What do you mean “even while out of combat” regarding his movespeed buff? > It **only** works out of combat. He loses the MS buff while in combat. The fact that you lose the speed buff?
Tyre (NA)
: @Riot Why is the Death Recap that's been broken for years not being fixed or reworked?
They often stated that in order to fix death Recap, they have to completely remove it first, because the bugs are in the base code. They don't have the time or resources at the moment to completely remake the death Recap, so they kinda fixed it, so that you won't die to kog maw passive doing magic damage when kog maw is very much alive, but it's still buggy.
: His W is really buggy but Riot hasn't addressed it because of how strong he already is.
> [{quoted}](name=iPooUnicorns,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NPpEenub,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-21T19:22:01.719+0000) > > His W is really buggy but Riot hasn't addressed it because of how strong he already is. That was actually the point why I made this, but forgot to put it in. I'm fine with them nerfing him, but fix his shitty w at the same time.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TA2PxYE6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-10T12:58:47.962+0000) > > Because I was making a point with that post. It's okay, I know you care. Thanks
> [{quoted}](name=tintinchi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TA2PxYE6,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-10T13:01:55.027+0000) > > It's okay, I know you care. Thanks {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TA2PxYE6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-10T12:52:23.178+0000) > > Shut the fuck up, nobody cares. Why do you reply tho, honestly could've just said you care
> [{quoted}](name=tintinchi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TA2PxYE6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-10T12:54:52.855+0000) > > Why do you reply tho, honestly could've just said you care Because I was making a point with that post.
: I told them to stfu and they ganged up on me
Yeah that's not nice is it? Next time just tell them to "please don't talk" and they might not be agressive to you.
: I told them to stfu and they ganged up on me
: Why isn't Elise seen and is she usable
Doesn't eve just do the same but better?
: BTW Riot DIDN'T APOLOGIZE for Kai'Sa being hyper-sexualized, they EXPLAINED why she MAY SEEM so...
Rioter Comments
: No, we still havent gotten Freljord, Shurima, Bilgewater, and Mount Targon faction icons besides the Bandle City one, so expect more from those regions as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Tesla Effect,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=66EJm9T7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-03T06:43:44.906+0000) > > No, we still havent gotten Freljord, Shurima, Bilgewater, and Mount Targon faction icons besides the Bandle City one, so expect more from those regions as well. Didn't we get shurima with the release of Azir?
Eedat (NA)
: I'm confused. What is causing people to lose games again?
I'm gonna fix that list for you: > everyone but me, because I'm perfect
: A twitch streamer threw a row of hate speech at me in the post-game lobby after i won him a game
Considering he is a twitch streamer, the naming and shaming rule doesn't apply anymore, since he chose to broadcast his name and actions on twitch. That's why you can call out streamers and pro players. You can freely share his twitch.
xFdRaVeNx (EUNE)
: Top 10 Most broken champs.
Janna during ardent meta. None of the champs you listed there are inherently broken. Teemo: Just annoying, has no real teamfight potential, gets countered easily by items like adaptive helm and tanks in general. Yasuo: gets counterpicked and stomped on early pretty easily. Use that to your advantage and he won't be a problem until really late game. Just snowball on him and his team and you're good. Darius: Just kite him. Seriously. Katarina: Just cc and follow op on that cc and she's done for. Yi: again. Just focus him Fizz: probably actually the most annoying to deal with. Make sure he needs his e to engage and stay out of his range. Also deny him pre 6 and you should be okay. Vayne: stomp early. Get your jungle. Same as Yasuo, won't be useful until really late. Zoe: get some MR and let your tank body block. Hard engage once she uses R and she's dead. Aatrox: Grievous wounds. And focus. He needs to be in your face to do damage. Zed: Get shields on your team, and cc him. He wants to ult, do damage within 2 seconds and then reuse R. Make sure he can't do his combo by sitting in the middle of your team. None of these are broken
Kuolema (EUW)
: EUW server
Fix your pc.
: Why can't riot do anything right?
It's called MMR and people duoqueueing. The silver 5 is queueing with the gold 1. As compensation you have everyone in high bronze low silver, and they have 3 others in low bronze (2x bronze 5, and 1 bronze 4). Seems pretty balanced to me. Oh, I didn't know because you cropped it out, but this was a NORMAL game. Wtf are you getting all emotional over a normal game? Matchmaking in normals is not ranked. Stop crying.
Show more

Player3Th0mas

Level 118 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion