: So sick of buying literally only magic resist only to get oneshot by a mage anyways.
There is no mage that can oneshot a full mr champion unless that mage is a Veigar No, hexdrinker+mercs is not a "full mr build"
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nFoc9lwZ,comment-id=00060000000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-14T14:40:37.811+0000) > > Kog is much easier to protect because of his range, and Runaan's is actually good on him so he can spread his %hp damage over multiple targets. Vayne is better at dueling and kiting, but if she is even slightly behind, she can't do much in a teamfight, with her range she will be cc-bursted whenever she comes close. Its just that current meta is bad for Kog, and I personally prefer it to the "pick 4 supports for your hypercarry adc" meta Much easier to protect my foot. He has the same base range as Vayne, his W range meanwhile is higher but on the other hand his movespeed is noticeably lower and he has no forms of mobility at all. He has a 0% chance of getting out without flash if anything gets near him, Vayne has 100% if she does not get stunned to death and for teamfights when behind? Kog is even worse than she is when behind, literally no damage at all while she gets true damage just by levels and it scales hard just off attackspeed, no need to bother with penetration that much. There is a reason why Kog has not seen any play since ardent censer got nerfed down. And that old "pick 4 supports for the hypercarry" was the bloody ardent censer meta, a support meta basically that was all about turning your little feeble ADC into a monstrosity by means of ardent censer steroid injections+the normal support buffs+heals+shields. ' Did not help that tanks were hella OP post that rework of theirs either. Some earlier editions of it were built around rageblade as well but on the other hand a Jax with one of those old Rageblades splitpushing could wreck such a strategy on his own so it wasnt that good.
> his W range meanwhile is higher but on the other hand his movespeed is noticeably lower and he has no forms of mobility at all. MS and mobility won't save you from a Naut ult if you enter his range. > He has a 0% chance of getting out without flash if anything gets near him He has if supports do their job > Kog is even worse than she is when behind, literally no damage at all He has bigger range, even more range on his E and R, his Q allows your whole team to kill that tank faster even if Kog himself is weak, and he also gets free %damage with levels. Its not true, sure, its magical, still a bit harder to itemize against > There is a reason why Kog has not seen any play since ardent censer got nerfed down. Yeah, as i said, meta is not fitting for him now, and will not be any time soon, Riot learned their lesson and will not allow this any more
: These "helpful" changes, need to stop
100% ap scaling on his E and W healing from all sources. Doesn't really sound like "gutting"
Pandara (NA)
: > 99% of humans don't even play league, so why ever bother balancing whatever? I said 99% of players not humans, and how would numbers lead to the idea that you shouldnt fix your game? > That 1% are the players that actually know how to play, and other players should aim to be as good as them(except those that just play for fun with friends and are ok with that, but those players have no say in balance). This is just a bad excuse and honestly not an acceptable answer, there are large amounts of people who play the game for fun, to say they shouldnt be able to say that the game should be balanced is just a really weak excuse to ignore problems and is honestly not a good outlook to have about a service you are trying to provide especially since their advertisements advertise having fun with friends far more often then they do "Wouldn't it be great to come play league and try to climb ranks amidst an often toxic community and you can only play with 1 friend if you do". They advertise the for fun setting. > This will just make a pro-scene even more separate from the playerbase than it is now. Instead, there should be more attention to actual 5v5, with things like Clash and team ranked queues. With this, people will actually play the same game as pros do and it will be much easier to balance for both groups at once. I'm all for team ranked queues that sounds fun and clash is a good idea but that doesn't address the balancing issue, the only thing connecting the pro-scene to players right now is twitch and the constant "O.O faker played leblanc now I need to play leblanc!" > That's just your problem. At some point of the game you can no longer solocarry games or do some borderline-troll fun shit while still winning, and instead rely on teammates to do their job too. That is not as fun or exciting. Lol, it is my problem and also a lot of other players, this is a common thing said over the past couple seasons, and solo carrying games isnt what makes them fun, its fun to play with friends and have close games where both teams had an even chance at winning and we are working together to get the win. > The thing is, by removing her "issues" she will turn into a generic assassin. Her Q and passive are supposed to make her a "damage-over-time" assassin, shroud is there to survive her cds, and R is her "if I am behind, I can still kill that guy if I use it right". > > What I think should be done with her is removing most "fail-proof" mechanics. > Her passive should be centered at her enemy, not at the point that enemy stood when she hit. It would allow an interesting counterplay of following Akali so that she can't leave passive range and use her empovered AA (unless she uses one of her dashes, but that's ok) > Her Q should deal reduced damage to minions, not increased. Something like 50% less damage to minions but 50% energy refund if she didn't hit a champion with it > Gunblade should not heal off non-champions. No item should, to be honest. If you need sustain, go get a healing support, hp regen item or use a potion. > Her W should not move(now it slightly moves in cast direction) and should not give her MS. She is already invisible and can't be targeted, so the only thing that works against her is skillshots, and she already has enough tools to dodge them. I can agree with most of these as very good nerfs that would as you said get rid of her fail-proof play style without gutting her, though I still disagree that her ult needs to be a strong as it is, if youre going 0/10 on akali and the enemy is 10/0 you shouldnt then be able to execute them at 33% hp, that seems quite rediculous to me
> This is just a bad excuse and honestly not an acceptable answer, there are large amounts of people who play the game for fun, to say they shouldnt be able to say that the game should be balanced is just a really weak excuse to ignore problems and is honestly not a good outlook to have about a service you are trying to provide especially since their advertisements advertise having fun with friends far more often then they do "Wouldn't it be great to come play league and try to climb ranks amidst an often toxic community and you can only play with 1 friend if you do". They advertise the for fun setting. Well I can play full AP support bard for fun, meet a Zed 1v1 lategame and die, should I cry about league being unbalanced? Should Riot change the game because I was using a fun build and lost to someone who was playing to win? There are players who are dedicated to mastering the game, aiming to climb higher and play with best players. They gather in teams, compete with others. They should be rewarded for that. Instead you propose that they should instead be greeted with "well, Riot only balance around low-elo soloqueue so here we have a shitty never-changing meta that everyone hates to play or watch, you better go make a smurf and have fun there". > the only thing connecting the pro-scene to players right now is twitch and the constant "O.O faker played leblanc now I need to play leblanc!" And clash is one of the additions that are supposed to add more connections, so that normal players can also experience the "pro" gaming. Most balance "problems" in soloqueue only happen because of lack of coordination and teamplay > Lol, it is my problem and also a lot of other players, _this is a common thing said over the past couple seasons_, and solo carrying games isnt what makes them fun, its fun to play with friends and have close games where both teams had an even chance at winning and we are working together to get the win. Exactly. Every season there are players that say that League is not as fun, it became more toxic etc. This will never change no matter what and will only stop once League will actually start dying so instead of crying on forums people will just leave > if youre going 0/10 on akali and the enemy is 10/0 you shouldnt then be able to execute them at 33% hp, that seems quite rediculous to me If you are 0/10 akali against 10/0 enemy and you managed to bring him down to 33% hp without dying and using R2, this means you outplayed him hard, he fucked up or you have the number advantage(which actually is a part of outplaying/fucking up). At least it is supposed to be like this.
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nFoc9lwZ,comment-id=000600000001,timestamp=2019-12-13T22:19:13.336+0000) > > If your enemy has a Vayne and your best strategy is "just let the tank eat her damage", that's a problem by itself. Just like you usually can't really brainlessly dive as an assassin against sup Lulu/Janna etc I mean a tank is there to eat damage so that´s not the issue, the issue is how good she is at ignoring their means to stall her while she is also insanely good at other things too, it adds up to being too much. I mean just look at Kog maw, he supposedly has the same specialization as her as a anti tank but he doesnt get any true damage, his kiting is gimped as hell and he sure as damn cant 1v1 any assassin or diver. He has better DPS potential with his onhit build+w+hurricane sure......a potential that is hardly ever realized because it´s too damn situational. Meanwhile Vayne is just........
Kog is much easier to protect because of his range, and Runaan's is actually good on him so he can spread his %hp damage over multiple targets. Vayne is better at dueling and kiting, but if she is even slightly behind, she can't do much in a teamfight, with her range she will be cc-bursted whenever she comes close. Its just that current meta is bad for Kog, and I personally prefer it to the "pick 4 supports for your hypercarry adc" meta
RealDsy (EUNE)
: Reworking useless skills - Corki Q
How strange, a full ad+as build on a champion with spells makes spells bad if they don't scale off AD. Now try an actual corki build. You know, the one with trinity(that gets an extra proc from Q) and mpen boots(that improve Q damage, as well as 80% of your AA damage)
: SO Anivia
> Can allies please just be able to walk through the wall xD, or be able to cancel it early. Nah, that would be too easy. Let those Jarvan and Yorick players do their braindead terrain spells without thinking about how it can hurt their team (to be honest, yorick's W being impassable for both teams would be really stupid because he and his walkers are melee, it will be really hard to use this well, and jarvan needs his ability to cancel the crater because his R is part of his core combo and he can't just "nah, that crater will kill my team, i won't use it") > I wish her ult would stay on and act like dongers turrets, you can hourglass, and back with ult on so why does it have a channel? Because its a literal death zone once its charged. Minions cant pass through, champions that enter will take 1k+ E, quite huge ult damage and a slow that makes hitting Q or blocking the way out with W easier, and there is no way to wait this out or somehow outplay this(like you can with heimer's turrets by dodging their laser). The only way to counter it is to cc anivia or force her away and use the cd to do things
: > [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nFoc9lwZ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-12-13T20:19:02.089+0000) > > {{champion:67}} - {{item:3047}} {{item:3075}} {{item:3110}} {{item:3143}} > > 80% of her damage is still physical. Then you actually build those and suddenly 80% of the damage taken is True damage although it takes more time admittedly but not much and you still end up dying very quickly if she had her rageblade up and going or after she does.
If your enemy has a Vayne and your best strategy is "just let the tank eat her damage", that's a problem by itself. Just like you usually can't really brainlessly dive as an assassin against sup Lulu/Janna etc
Magikrap (NA)
: Why is Sett filled to the brim with %health damage and even true damage
Any adc with botrk has 8% current hp damage. 16% for 2 attacks. Unless the enemy has <60% hp, he will take more damage from 2 botrk procs than from his Q. And botrk has no cd either. Its not really that strong, not to the point of being "filled to the brim". If you are building health, you will die slower. But without %hp damage and true damage fullbuild tank with 300 armor and 4k hp needs to take 16k damage to die, while a squishy champion with 2k hp and 50 armor needs to take 3k damage. So a tank is 5 times harder to kill than a non-tank. With this we would either have unkillable tanks or squishies deleting each other in 1-2 seconds, and both options would be bad.
Pandara (NA)
: Discussion post about a specific champions lack of balance, you have been warned.
> I have heard many times "they are balanced for pro-play" my response to this is the usual one offered up by disgruntled players "99% of the players of this game are not pro-players, so why balance around less than 1% of players" 99% of humans don't even play league, so why ever bother balancing whatever? That 1% are the players that actually know how to play, and other players should aim to be as good as them(except those that just play for fun with friends and are ok with that, but those players have no say in balance). > I would like to add that is is a completely viable option to either make a separate patch for pro players to play on or just revert the changes after the big events are over This will just make a pro-scene even more separate from the playerbase than it is now. Instead, there should be more attention to actual 5v5, with things like Clash and team ranked queues. With this, people will actually play the same game as pros do and it will be much easier to balance for both groups at once. > I don't feel the excitement to play anymore That's just your problem. At some point of the game you can no longer solocarry games or do some borderline-troll fun shit while still winning, and instead rely on teammates to do their job too. That is not as fun or exciting. > The champion receives nerfs that don't properly address the issues she has The thing is, by removing her "issues" she will turn into a generic assassin. Her Q and passive are supposed to make her a "damage-over-time" assassin, shroud is there to survive her cds, and R is her "if I am behind, I can still kill that guy if I use it right". What I think should be done with her is removing most "fail-proof" mechanics. Her passive should be centered at her enemy, not at the point that enemy stood when she hit. It would allow an interesting counterplay of following Akali so that she can't leave passive range and use her empovered AA (unless she uses one of her dashes, but that's ok) Her Q should deal reduced damage to minions, not increased. Something like 50% less damage to minions but 50% energy refund if she didn't hit a champion with it Gunblade should not heal off non-champions. No item should, to be honest. If you need sustain, go get a healing support, hp regen item or use a potion. Her W should not move(now it slightly moves in cast direction) and should not give her MS. She is already invisible and can't be targeted, so the only thing that works against her is skillshots, and she already has enough tools to dodge them.
: I know people might hate on this but..
Akali: R1 and R2 damage removed R2 delay removed Cooldown decreased to 80/70/60 Done
: Why doesn't Riot sell their own level 30 accounts?
You are not expected to have multiple accounts. New players have time to learn the game before starting ranked, old players have their 200+ lvl accounts with 50%+ champions unlocked and should be fine with them, permabanned players have this "delay" as additional punishment(and a chance to get permabanned again before ruining more ranked games if they didn't learn their lesson). WoW system is shit. I shouldn't pay for the game and still pay every month. I shouldn't lvl a new character for months before getting max lvl and gearing him for even longer. Once I wasted this much time on one character, I shouldn't do the same from 0 if I want to play something else.
8Belthazor8 (EUNE)
: > Show me a melee toplaner without self-healing. Also its 40 hp/sec at max(lvl 16 and literally 0 current hp) {{champion:24}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:98}}{{champion:78}} {{champion:80}}{{champion:516}} Oops you said one. Sorry, these just came to my mind. Pick one. > And when it turns wrong, just forget it, because unlike Riot, you are allowed to make mistakes Willing to bet? I will be available. Will you?
> Oops you said one. Sorry, these just came to my mind. Pick one. Well, true. Still, they all have either a shield or a hard defense ability, except Ornn(i dont remember if he got his shield back after they removed it from his W). Sett has none and his only ranged ability is his W. His passive sustain is really weak anyway, at lvl1 its 5 hp/sec at 0 health.
8Belthazor8 (EUNE)
: Sett a.k.a. Riot stuck in a time loop
> Insane self healing Show me a melee toplaner without self-healing. Also its 40 hp/sec at max(lvl 16 and literally 0 current hp) > several aoe cc with high damage 1 conditional stun skillshot and 1 extremely slow ability with AOE slow is not really "several aoe cc" > self ms boost Yeah, a small boost of speed in the direction of enemy champion, how toxic, lets give him 3 dashes instead > overloaded broken champion A fucking Janna is more overloaded than Sett, idk what are you talking about > best tank and bruiser and assassin and adc and support kit Best tank? With a single hp scaling ability? Might as well say that Camille is a great tank with her %maxhp shield Assassin? With a short ms boost as his only real mobility? ADC? Really? Support is possible, but it heavily relies on enemy botlane not having any disengage. Its on the level of support Trundle > when it turns out I am right just remeber this And when it turns wrong, just forget it, because unlike Riot, you are allowed to make mistakes He could be op after release, sure, but he is not an overloaded broken champion
: Ultimate Skin: Combat Master Jax
{{champion:141}} : steals his scythe and now Kayn can't turn into Rhaast anymore, but Jax himself starts gaining red orbs, eventually turning into Rhaast {{champion:28}} : removes his clothes {{champion:268}} : a sand soldier follows Jax, attacking instead of him {{champion:119}} : steals one of his axes. Now Draven has only 1 axe until he kills Jax {{champion:104}} : attacks with shotgun in melee range, getting same recharge mechanics(2 aa and a cd) {{champion:202}} : puts on his mask, his passive now works on every 4th AA {{champion:145}} : replaces his clothes with revealing voidborn suit {{champion:33}} : replaces all his voicelines with "ok"
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6ByHxWo1,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-09T14:10:47.604+0000) > > Any adc hits a rightclick on you and AA-AA-AA-AA-AA-..., you ded > You are not supposed to stand still and afk while under Cassio's Q. It's different. ADCs are typically easy to engage on and blow up, but it's incredibly hard to do this to Cass unless you're playing something to match the mobility and DMG of a Zed. Besides, Cass is stronger than most ADCs. If Cass hits ONE Q then E's, that's nearly half your health bar. To top it off, "just dodging" her abilities isn't as meaningful as dodging the abilities of others. Once she has tear, she's free to spam Q, which has a longer range(850) than every ADC does btw, every 3 seconds and hit you with her "second auto-attack," which has 700 range, every second. Top Lane Cassiopeia is not OK. She's a hyper scaling lane bully that you CAN'T punish. The fix is obvious, get rid of her grounding or the 50% slow. You say she's gated by her range late game, but she literally has some of the highest range in the game.
> ADCs are typically easy to engage on and blow up It depends. Cassio is much easier to engage on than Ezreal, Lucian or Vayne. > unless you're playing something to match the mobility and DMG of a Zed So basically every single midlaner? THey either have better range, or enough mobility to be a threat whenever her W is on cd > If Cass hits ONE Q then E's, that's nearly half your health bar. A single Q+E will not take half of your hp unless she is overfed. > To top it off, "just dodging" her abilities isn't as meaningful as dodging the abilities of others. Once she has tear, she's free to spam Q, which has a longer range(850) than every ADC does btw, every 3 seconds and hit you with her "second auto-attack," which has 700 range, every second. If you can't punish her for missing her Q in a teamfight, you did something wrong. Every other ADC can't miss a single skillshot and go "well, its 4v5 for next 2 seconds, good luck team" > She's a hyper scaling lane bully that you CAN'T punish You can. Dodge her Qs so when she actually hits one, her mana will be too low to kill you. Pick that nerfed Irelia and murder her. Pick a ganking jungler and kill her whenever she leaves tower range. A tank with fast adaptive can survive long enough against her. Pick a long-range mage mid and cc-burst her from higher range once teamfights start. Pick a Kaisa and jump in when she wastes her Q and ult and kill her before her Q is up again. Any assassin with QSS can murder her whenever he wants before teamfights start.
: What's the reasoning behind mages like Cassio/Ryze ?
> Cassio hits a Q and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, you ded Any adc hits a rightclick on you and AA-AA-AA-AA-AA-..., you ded You are not supposed to stand still and afk while under Cassio's Q. > I guess she's gated by mana Early game she is gated by mana, lack of mobility and waveclear. Late game she is gated by her range. She is basically an ADC mage, and is gated by whatever ADCs are gated too. > move around like an idiot to dodge Qs It's called "dodging", not "moving like an idiot". You know, a skill that is a requirement to be okay midlaner.
: Ezreal W Does Not Proc On Hit Items
Both Death's Dance and Hextech Gunblade are not on-hit items
: What disappoints me about Aphelios
Emotes are supposed to be seen by others. But only Aphelios himself can see Alune. They could make it so only Aphelios player sees her, bot looks like they decided against that
: Suggestions on the Punishment System
> The current system doesn't punish people for toxic play, only toxic chat. Because you can't be 100% sure if someone does toxic plays, unless its literally running down mid. Meanwhile its easy to make sure if someone is toxic in chat. > you must speak to a Riot representative after watching a video series that takes you through toxic behavior and why your toxic behavior has a negative effect on the community Sure, Riot representatives have nothing to do except talking with toxic players daily, and listening all the same shit from them. How about no? There is supposed to be a point of no return somewhere, where you can't just say "I'm sorry, it won't happen again". Permaban is that point. There are enough indications for you to stop, eventually a real punishment should happen > they're running it down each lane, feeding free kills, following the jungler around sapping XP or trying to last hit the jungle minions because the jungler wouldn't switch roles with them Yet there is nothing that can be done with them. We can't just ban players for non-meta plays or bad decisions, even if it is done with intention to lose, because we can't check the intentions of a player. That's bad but nothing can be done with that > allowing an AI to make decisions isn't very responsible, considering the AI makes consistent mistakes, and permaban is way too easy to get to with very little said Allowing a human to make decisions is much worse because humans are much slower, inconsistent and use emotions instead of strict rules. With AI its "dont break rules=don't get banned", human can do the "i think you are at fault, no actual 100% proof needed, enjoy your ban"
: Would triple my queue time to guarantee I don't play with groups.
> Would triple my queue time to guarantee I don't play with groups. 1) Its not just queue time that is increased. MMR difference is increased too, which may result in even less quality in matchmaking 2) You may agree to increase your time for this. Others would prefer finding a game faster. You can't please both > chat spam, or such terrible attitudes that I end up reporting the entire group Easier to solve with mute > Will there ever be a return to actual solo queue? "Return" means that it was a solo queue once. It wasn't > Could this be an opt in action? No, because it will basically split the queue in 2: those that use the option, and those that don't. This will decrease game quality and increase queue time for both groups
: League of Legends is a broken game
> League of Legends is known for having a toxic community Just like any other game > The community is toxic because Riot has put forward a game that is flawed on multiple levels The community is toxic because its a team game so if you lose, you can blame other people for playing bad, regardless if it was the case, because people hate admitting their mistakes but really love pointing others mistakes > What problem does Riot need to prioritize in order to make the game all-around better for the average user? In terms of toxicity? Just make it a solo PVE game, done, no more toxicity. As long as 2+ humans interact in a game where they can lose, there will be toxicity. No exceptions.
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cqf8q8sQ,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T15:40:22.439+0000) > > Well, damage is the most important stat in the game. Everyone can deal damage, and the entire objective of the game is to deal damage to specific things. Damage is needed to farm, push, kill, get objectives, everything. Of course there will be more damage runes than non-damage ones. > > Well, guess what enchanters do during lanephase? They poke. Not as much as mages like Xerath, sure, but they do poke. For years we have a special support item that gives gold for poke, and enchanters use it well. > > Because thats what they were. A passive effect that is nice to have but is literally invisible in game. You aren't going to play Sona differently because she has 10% better heal/shield. Enemies aren't going to play differently against you because you have this. Aery is a support keystone that is a bit interactive, you can try playing to maximize its effect, enemies can play around it. Perhaps its not the best possible support keystone, but its good. Meanwhile replacing it with something like Windspeaker will be either a nerf for enchanters without much heal/shield power(Nami, Zilean, W max Janna etc) or a huge buff to Soraka and other strong healers/shielders for years we had coin as well for years we could get mana regen for years we better options but it just goes down hill further and further because damage > supporting capabilities Might as well just take{{item:1056}} and go farm bot at this point
Coin was op. It gave more gold than other options (in normal situations) while also being safer Fucking Pyke was ok with using coin, that should be telling something And yes, if damage>supporting capabilities, sure, go pick your ring/doran's blade/whatever else and repeatedly win the game against those stupid players that still play Sona/Soraka/Janna with their overnerfed gold gen items and shitty keystones, eventually climbing to high elo, gathering your team and winning pro teams with your new strategy, so it will become a meta and Riot will have to buff supporting. Or wait before pro players will also notice this and start using it to win
: > Thats what they deserve for being the most game-deciding role in the game Okay, that's still no reason to be toxic towards your jungler. However, regardless of ideals/whatever, I've gotten relatively the same amount of flaming when I'm unable to get Drag as I did in Season 9. Nothing's really changed that much, hell, losing drag early is far better than last season because of the reduced stats they give compared to 9.
> that's still no reason to be toxic towards your jungler There is no valid reason to be toxic to anyone unless you just want to lose. > losing drag early is far better than last season because of the reduced stats they give compared to 9 Yeah. Also the fact that losing early infernal is just losing 1 infernal and they will not be able to stack them to 3.
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cqf8q8sQ,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T15:14:41.739+0000) > > I don't see a problem here. > If I play enchanter, I pick Aery and its ok. There is no "Aery is shit on Sona, but every other rune is even more shit". Whatever I want to do on Sona, Aery is ok with that, unless I do the oneshot full AP Lichbane build. With it, wasting Aery on a teammate is a damage loss so I would pick Comet/DH/Electrocute instead. > If you want a rune that feels stronger, well, Riot could add a "Doubles your next shield/heal every 60 seconds, reset on ally death" sort of keystone. But supports usually dont support with 1 big spell, they do many small things over time, and a rune that works well with doing a lot of small things over time feels better it is unfavorably tilted towards damage only runes even aftershock deals damage there is 1 mediocre on most champs support keystone in the form of Guardian Aery is a poke rune that can (almost as an afterthought) shield people as well all the good old keystones for supports were turned into weaker watered down runes and this is what I have a problem with
> it is unfavorably tilted towards damage only runes Well, damage is the most important stat in the game. Everyone can deal damage, and the entire objective of the game is to deal damage to specific things. Damage is needed to farm, push, kill, get objectives, everything. Of course there will be more damage runes than non-damage ones. > Aery is a poke rune Well, guess what enchanters do during lanephase? They poke. Not as much as mages like Xerath, sure, but they do poke. For years we have a special support item that gives gold for poke, and enchanters use it well. > all the good old keystones for supports were turned into weaker watered down runes Because thats what they were. A passive effect that is nice to have but is literally invisible in game. You aren't going to play Sona differently because she has 10% better heal/shield. Enemies aren't going to play differently against you because you have this. Aery is a support keystone that is a bit interactive, you can try playing to maximize its effect, enemies can play around it. Perhaps its not the best possible support keystone, but its good. Meanwhile replacing it with something like Windspeaker will be either a nerf for enchanters without much heal/shield power(Nami, Zilean, W max Janna etc) or a huge buff to Soraka and other strong healers/shielders
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cqf8q8sQ,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T15:04:54.604+0000) > > Sona is ok with Aery. Or Comet. Or Guardian. > Riven is not ok with Phase rush because she doesn't need ms in combat. > Sona is ok with Aery because she has multiple ways to proc it so, if she stays close to her ally, she will apply Aery multiple times per fight. She also can use it offencively, if needed, with Q. She also builds +heal/shield power, which improves Aery's shielding power. She also benefits well from other Sorcery tree runes. thats the problem which you fail to understand {{champion:497}} is great with Guardian but every traditional enchanter has an 'ok' option not an ideal option {{champion:89}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:111}} have aftershock which is ideal for them its not a good thing for other supports
I don't see a problem here. If I play enchanter, I pick Aery and its ok. There is no "Aery is shit on Sona, but every other rune is even more shit". Whatever I want to do on Sona, Aery is ok with that, unless I do the oneshot full AP Lichbane build. With it, wasting Aery on a teammate is a damage loss so I would pick Comet/DH/Electrocute instead. If you want a rune that feels stronger, well, Riot could add a "Doubles your next shield/heal every 60 seconds, reset on ally death" sort of keystone. But supports usually dont support with 1 big spell, they do many small things over time, and a rune that works well with doing a lot of small things over time feels better
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cqf8q8sQ,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T14:54:02.458+0000) > > Whats the problem with Draven using PTA? Its ok on him. Some other runes might be better in some situations, sure, but PTA is also ok. > Last time, show me 1 support that can't use Aery well and is not an Aftershock/Guardian user. Otherwise all your arguments look like "supports don't have a keystone because i said so" you are still missing the point entirely because u can use something doesn't mean its good none of those are 'good' for {{champion:37}} its like saying well {{champion:92}} CAN use phase rush but its not good on her
Sona is ok with Aery. Or Comet. Or Guardian. Riven is not ok with Phase rush because she doesn't need ms in combat. Sona is ok with Aery because she has multiple ways to proc it so, if she stays close to her ally, she will apply Aery multiple times per fight. She also can use it offencively, if needed, with Q. She also builds +heal/shield power, which improves Aery's shielding power. She also benefits well from other Sorcery tree runes.
PRoxy oQ (EUNE)
: Magic resist is useless
> Even anti mage built with MR on him can get killed by one or max two spell rotations from someone who has only as pen item No. Unless that rotation includes some unrealistic shit like standing under Heimer's turrets for 10+ seconds. MR tanks don't die to burst mages, they die to shit like Cassio/Vlad/Ryze who have sustained damage, and they are the ones who are countered by adaptive helm.
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cqf8q8sQ,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T14:43:55.608+0000) > > "Poke mages don't use comet 'well', it just improves what they already are doing a very small amount" > Thats how these runes work. And thats how Windspeakers worked too, except that it had a passive increase so you could just grab it and forget about it. Aery is more interactive. > Again, name 1 support that is bad with Aery and is not an aftershock/guardian user. Because, as I see it, even Zilean can use Aery well by that logic {{champion:119}} can use PTA but draven didn't have a rune there aren't support runes is almost entirely damage runes
Whats the problem with Draven using PTA? Its ok on him. Some other runes might be better in some situations, sure, but PTA is also ok. Last time, show me 1 support that can't use Aery well and is not an Aftershock/Guardian user. Otherwise all your arguments look like "supports don't have a keystone because i said so"
: Warwick vs Camille
After the clash Camille will have a new rug. She will not fight WW unless she plans the fight good enough to be sure to win. If she fails, she can escape. WW is hard to escape from, but Camille can probably outrun him with her devices On the other hand WW isn't going to escape if fight goes bad for him. However, if WW is the one ambushing her on her mission in Zaun, he has a chance to win this.
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cqf8q8sQ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-04T14:12:23.543+0000) > > Name 1 support that can't use well at least 1 of Aery, Guardian, Aftershock. they don't use aery 'well' aery just improves what they already are doing a very small amount and its not the point of "o well u can't use anything" the point is supports don't actually have a keystone for supports (outside of guardian which is mainly for things like {{champion:201}} {{champion:350}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:412}} and even they don't all consistenly use these, at least three of them can pick aftershock with confidence and thats the problem) Aftershock is a TANK rune not a Support rune yes support can use the stats but most of them would love to have an actual support rune for supports
> they don't use aery 'well' aery just improves what they already are doing a very small amount "Poke mages don't use comet 'well', it just improves what they already are doing a very small amount" Thats how these runes work. And thats how Windspeakers worked too, except that it had a passive increase so you could just grab it and forget about it. Aery is more interactive. Again, name 1 support that is bad with Aery and is not an aftershock/guardian user. Because, as I see it, even Zilean can use Aery well
Naalith (NA)
: Riot's justifications for several preseason changes don't make any sense
> "We don't like component items whose passives don't appear in the fully built version." "Well, except support items. Just don't have income late game you ward bot lul." You didn't pay gold to have an effect removed. It is removed for free, like with {{item:1083}} > "We don't like gameplay systems that promote non-interactive playstyles." No shit, nobody likes non-interactive playstyles. Viable ZZrot will break the game, non-viable ZZrot is a trap item, why even bother with it? > "Well except an actually viable split push item that also annihilates any single person who comes alone to stop you lul." Any "single" person. Might as well complain that a single person can't stop Tryndamere or Fiora splitpushing. Unlike ZZrot that you can just throw on the ground, TP in fight and enemies either lose a tower or are forced to 4x5 with no real counterplay Sanguine blade is op, but not fundamentally broken and unbalanceable like banner or zzrot > the toxicity thrown at junglers who fail to get a single dragon is absolutely nuts Thats what they deserve for being the most game-deciding role in the game > we have 3 bushes bot lane which is actually a more impactful change than the smoking area they added down there and makes it harder to keep vision control. I don't think you are supposed to waste wards on bushes in most cases, unless enemies have a hook support > You could've brought back a revamped version of smite buffs which people actually liked Not everyone liked the "smite X camp in Y situation or you are trolling" buffs. I prefer being able to clear whatever I want in whatever order I want and with smiting whatever I want, depending on who and when I want to gank early. Not being forced to smite chickens before ganking no matter what. > Why rebalance supports by deleting their end game ability to actually buy items and ruining the dream of the full build support? Because Riot thought that all the gold supports get from their items doesn't feel as much as it really is. They were forced to spend some of it into sightstone, some more into a full upgraded support item, and only after that they got actual gold they can spend on actual items. First they made sightstone free, now they made support item free. I guess they tested it and it resulted in too much free gold for supports compared to s9, so they decided to limit it. I don't like this decision, but I also don't really like the meta of supports leaving everything to carry. I should not be flamed for clearing a wave 20+ mins in the game to finish my item, and I should not be flamed for not stopping my attacks against a dying enemy and getting a kill. > Why rebalance Conqueror for some god forsaken reason after a solid year and a half of trying to get it into the right place Because Riot wanted a rune that made sure tanks can be killed whatever happens. It turned out that this rune is not only good against fed unkillable tanks, it is also good against everything else on any champion that can stack it fast while still preventing tanks ability to carry by being unkillable. Eventually Riot decided that a stackable rune with sustain is ok, but its anti-tank abilities were too much. To be honest, they should have realised it sooner. Right now the only problem with conqueror is that it stacks too fast by certain champions. Limit it to "max 2 stacks gained per second" and it will be ok.
: I feel like supports that don't use aftershock are lacking a keystone
Name 1 support that can't use well at least 1 of Aery, Guardian, Aftershock.
: Is Riot trying to make the support role be more like the supports in Dota 2?
> The supp champs there have powerful damage abilities that are on the same level, if not in some cases even stronger than normal champs in that game. You probably played some other dota2. In the dota2 I played, items like BKB(magic immunity for 10-5 secs) exist and mages have almost 0 scaling. If your Q does 300 damage at lvl7, it will deal 300 damage at lvl25. Its the CC that matters, undodgeable 3+sec targetable CC that can be used after blinking from 2k range away, that matters. Or other utility things they have. Support damage in dota2 falls off hard. Also, if you have a problem with mage supports, play a jungler and gank the shit out of bot. It is much easier to gank a Brand support botlane than Janna or Thresh support botlane
: Newcomers can't play SoloQ when they reach lvl 30.
> non existent, non important champions like Amumu, Annie etc for 450 BE Your opinion is shit.
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f67mqGAP,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-11-30T22:10:56.112+0000) > > There are almost no fun points in playing Ivern > Does he have damage? No > Can he solo carry? No > What is he good for? He has good ganking power, but can't snowball with ganks, so he can only try and snowball someone else or prevent a certain enemy from snowballing. He has some counterjungling tools but cant 1v1 so its usually risky to counterjungle, unless you have good teammates and understanding of enemy jungler's position. > > Is his W fun to use? Not really. There are rare ambushes with 5 people waiting in his W brush, but those are too rare. > Is his Q fun to use? Sure it is. If it hits its target, which is not really 100%. And you also need teammates that can use it and not die for it. Sure its fun to hit enemy ADC with Q and watch your fed Darius/Nasus/whoever else jump and murder them, but its mostly his fun, not yours > Is his E fun to use? Yes, sometimes it adds just enough shield or slow to let your ally escape or chase, but again its not really your fun. Full AP Ivern can do some nice QEQ oneshots, but nobody really plays AP Ivern because usually it is useless > His R is good, sure. But its not enough. Its like if we had Annie in the beginning, removed her AOE stuns and her burst damage. Her Tibbers will still be a nice thing to use, but the Annie herself needs more than this > > As a result we have a champion that is quite hard to master, but really strong if mastered(so there is no room to buff him and make him more attractive for players), yet he also relies on his team and is just unfun for most players. Also, with the dragon being so important now picking Ivern is like shooting your own team in the foot. He's the opposite of this seasons JG which is oppressive duelist that can control the pits.
To be honest, Id prefer if all other junglers were nerfed to the point of not being able to solo kill dragon in a reasonable time, like it works with Ivern now.
: As a Jungler I'am sorry I leech Lane exp to hit 6
> If the Enemy jungler isn't leeching i will be way ahead And enemy laner will also be ahead. If you need exp so much, kill enemy laner first, help with push and get a plating while leeching exp
: Is Ivern really unlliked or has he just been an awful weak champion
There are almost no fun points in playing Ivern Does he have damage? No Can he solo carry? No What is he good for? He has good ganking power, but can't snowball with ganks, so he can only try and snowball someone else or prevent a certain enemy from snowballing. He has some counterjungling tools but cant 1v1 so its usually risky to counterjungle, unless you have good teammates and understanding of enemy jungler's position. Is his W fun to use? Not really. There are rare ambushes with 5 people waiting in his W brush, but those are too rare. Is his Q fun to use? Sure it is. If it hits its target, which is not really 100%. And you also need teammates that can use it and not die for it. Sure its fun to hit enemy ADC with Q and watch your fed Darius/Nasus/whoever else jump and murder them, but its mostly his fun, not yours Is his E fun to use? Yes, sometimes it adds just enough shield or slow to let your ally escape or chase, but again its not really your fun. Full AP Ivern can do some nice QEQ oneshots, but nobody really plays AP Ivern because usually it is useless His R is good, sure. But its not enough. Its like if we had Annie in the beginning, removed her AOE stuns and her burst damage. Her Tibbers will still be a nice thing to use, but the Annie herself needs more than this As a result we have a champion that is quite hard to master, but really strong if mastered(so there is no room to buff him and make him more attractive for players), yet he also relies on his team and is just unfun for most players.
: The hypercrisy regarding Garen is RIDICULOUS.
Riven is broken, and the only reason Riot isn't doing anything with that is because being "broken" is already a part of her identity and Riven's playerbase will react very negatively to any changes in this. No other champion is allowed to be this strong and uncounterable when mastered. In my opinion, she should get an Aatrox-level rework, with her unhealthy identity removed completely and everything else remade and rebalanced. Garen is a normal champion. In Challenger people who play against him are skilled, sure, but so are people who play as Garen, they too are more skilled. He isn't really that much of a "low elo only" anymore after all those changes he had. Both his W and E involve a bit of skill-test in their usage. Perhaps he is overbuffed by his new E, but to prove that you need more than just wr
: Can you make an Item that temporarily buffs turrets to prevent the enemy from demolishing it
Turrets are fine, and inhibs are kinda ok too But why the fuck is Nexus, the main objective in the game, is easier to kill than a super minion? There should not be a single champion that can solo destroy a nexus in <10 seconds
: Is it healthy if you can't dodge ults, or Cancel them?
1) You can dodge Pyke's ult. Its quite fast and it has no indicator, but you can still dodge it with flash/mobility spell/untargetability 2) Not every single ability should be dodgeable. There should be a counterplay to a champion as a whole, not to every single ability.
: When playing rank Only Allow Mastery 5+ champions.
There are 4 allies and 5 enemies, so, in average, enemies will have more first-timers than allies, so its all to your advantage.
: Well, time to change game
> Damage insanely high If you fuck up, you die. If enemy fucks up, he dies. Thats how it is meant to work. > You have to play meta otherwise you are useless No. Unless you are something like master+, which I doubt > The strategic side of this game doesn't exist anymore and it is getting worse There was never any "strategy" to begin with > YOU FUCKED UP THE SUPPORT ROLE. HOW COULD YOU Still better than in the age of sightstone. Oh, you didnt waste your first 800 gold on sightstone, gg ff20 noob support, go next. Also don't forget to buy pink ward, and thats while {{item:3310}} gave 5 gold/hit and {{item:3311}} gave 10/hit > The comeback isn't real "We got 4 drakes, but they stole elder and won", I think i saw it here and more than once. > It is not fair that I have to lose lp if a teammate fucking leaves and we lose. Am I remembering bad or this is not even conceived at worlds!? There is an obvious way to abuse this if it worked. > Junglers can carry ALONE a losing game Or ADCs, or whatever else role. Also, why is that a bad thing and why you mention this after your #5 > STUPID BUFFS TO CHAMPIONS THAT DON'T NEED THEM AT ALL Perhaps. But again, it happens all the time in every game. At least Riot have their patches done twice per month, which is quite often. Usually players are left to learn how to deal with op shit for quite a while, and they actually do learn because there will be no balance patch for months > The earning of blue essences is criminal Perhaps. But again, it was like this for quite a while. Right now, with 14 champion freepick and quests its a bit better than it was in IP days, combined with the fact that runes are free > Can't even have fun in Aram because of bots. If you are not interested in rankeds you don't have an mmr that allows you to find matches with real people Normals have separate mmr, and aram is not a fun mode anyway
: So it's official. You literally can't say anything without it being "negative" behavior/bannable.
> 1) context of the words matters, (which Riot seems to not give 2 F's about) It works this way for quite a while. People acting all surprised when they get a punishment for "defending themselves", its just like people playing immobile mage mid against Zed, getting poked to 50% health without returning to base and dying once Zed hits 6. It may not be perfect, but it works like this and there are literally 0 downsides in not typing shit in chat. > 2) Communication isn't always nice to hear, but its important to communicate, sometimes you don't want to hear you went derp on a gank and didn't respond, and got called out on it (not even in a negative way), but any functioning human being should able to not turn that into a negative experience to the level the business has to step in and chastise the person who dared mention it the mistake... "got called out on it (not even in a negative way)"? > KnightLakega: idk wtf this cait is doing ever KnightLakega: I think our cait might be a bot KnightLakega: jax please gank bottom KnightLakega: literally getting our asses kicked by a lux and soraka like hardcore KnightLakega: please kill me KnightLakega: idk how this cait isn't a bot KnightLakega: I was expecting something from cait KnightLakega: shouldn't of been a death KnightLakega: wait youre not a bot? I wonder what is actually negative then, if this isn't. This is not a "got called out on it (not even in a negative way)" or "dared mention a mistake", this is a flame for the sake of flaming.
CyberPhobic (EUNE)
: When Im autofilled support I cant exactly pick Darius or Mordekaiser bot
> When Im autofilled support I cant exactly pick Darius or Mordekaiser bot Well, technically you can. I can expect Darius to murder enemy botlane if paired with a support like Thresh or Morgana and against any melee support > So why is it when supports or midlaners get autofilled top they just play their shitty champions top Because they can > and win anyway? Because they are somewhat good at the game, I guess > Its just been ... top 4/5 champions with no escape abilities, for a lane thats all about jungle ganks, or at least thats what other toplaners say here. Or, you can just pick a champion thats not "nobrain autowin against almost every melee, but can't do shit against ranged" and show them they aren't welcome here. Kled, for example, can murder all those champions without much problems Also, wtf is Quinn doing there in your list, she IS a toplaner.
MadHatMat (EUW)
: fizz's playful/trickster
Stuns dont interrupt spellcasts, except for channeling spells.
: Problems in Preason
> One ryze was healing for 300 damage per eq combo off a minion wave, with no increased healing Any adc with a BT or any gunblade user with gunblade can heal this much off a minion wave, or more. Except that conqueror requires stacking on enemy champion to work. > The other thing is sanguine blade, the point of the item is to one promote some item diversity but like conquerer has just been met with all ad champions buying it and just being able to have 100% uptime on its ability "Lets add an AD item that also has AS and lifesteal for almost 100% of the game except that one part when assassins are weak anyway, that would be great, right" Surprise, it is great. For champions that can abuse it. > people just taking advantage of what currently is broken. Thats how every game works. People like winning more than losing
: Honest opinion from a 710 059 mastery diana main on her upcoming rework
She has her dash at lvl3, its enough to compensate whatever 400 damage she lost at lvl18
: Possible Ezreal buffs/ QOL changes? [Ideas/Concepts
> Make his cast time scale with attack speed Sure, force a player to aim their skillshots differently based on champion lvl, items and even passive stacks, what could go wrong? The idea of his passive is to allow him to build straight AD for spell damage and still be able to DPS at acceptable ADC level, but he has to sacrifice some range for that.
C9 Scott (NA)
: The year is 2025.
> Sejuani, surviving in the teamfight for nearly three seconds, allowing the other three members of SKT to kill the entire enemy team in a slightly-quicker-than-average time of 0.13 seconds "Wtf, did they really waste 2.87 seconds doing nothing? Thats why they didn't win since 2021. Just wait, once those OP tanks will be removed, a true skill game will prevail and stupid afkers will finally get punished. Ahh, that 2021, I still shudder at the thought of it. How could people even play that? Not only was it 5v5 and Riot still didn't remove most tanks, but Conqueror still didn't get its true damage back and Aftershock was still in game. That time SKT, being the only team that abuses tanks, won precisely because of an uncounterable combo of 2 aftershock tanks on top and jungle, and with Kaisa and Vayne banned by them, those tanks survived for a horrifying time of 3.8 seconds each. They only lost 1 game in bo5 because they tried to bm by not attacking enemies for 3 seconds while their tanks absorbed damage, and got kicked for afk by leaverbuster. Ahh, after that Riot finally learned their lesson, removed Aftershock, added true damage on Conqueror back and added %hp damage to all other adcs"
Show more

Posui Gart

Level 48 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion