cluvie (NA)
: PSA: Scams making the rounds again!
Okay, I am receiving a bunch of e-mails from support about how I've requested a pass change on one of my accounts when I've done no such thing. Any advise on how to handle this? Can't exactly ask them don't approve of any such requests, because if it DOES get hacked I want to be able to try and salvage it by asking them for a reset and receiving it via mail.
woobeee (NA)
: Riot should make a League of Legends movie.
Ah, didn't see which board this was posted in. Quality shitpost is quality, have an updoot.
: {{champion:157}} HASAGI-HASAGI-HASAGI-HASAGI {{champion:245}} He's speeding up! At this rate, the fabric of space will be torn apart! {{champion:54}} I'll handle this. *Presses E* {{champion:157}} HASAGIHASAGIHASAGIHASAGIHASAGI {{champion:126}} It didn't work! We must stop him NOW! {{champion:23}} RAAAAAAAARGH *Swings sword and crushes Yasuo's head* {{champion:157}} HASAaaaaa...gi... *powers down* {{champion:268}} I will take away this evil and seal it where it can never return again. {{champion:75}} Agreed. By my stacks, I shall guard his tomb, building stacks on any intruders that come.
> [{quoted}](name=Melledoneus,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=pV9INvJk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-14T15:20:11.312+0000) > > {{champion:157}} HASAGI-HASAGI-HASAGI-HASAGI > {{champion:245}} He's speeding up! At this rate, the fabric of space will be torn apart! > {{champion:54}} I'll handle this. *Presses E* > {{champion:157}} HASAGIHASAGIHASAGIHASAGIHASAGI > {{champion:126}} It didn't work! We must stop him NOW! > {{champion:23}} RAAAAAAAARGH *Swings sword and crushes Yasuo's head* > {{champion:157}} HASAaaaaa...gi... *powers down* > {{champion:268}} I will take away this evil and seal it where it can never return again. > {{champion:75}} Agreed. By my stacks, I shall guard his tomb, building stacks on any intruders that come. We are entering an endless recursion of HASAGI We are entering an endless recursion of HASAGI We are entering an endless recursion of HASAGI ... {{champion:202}} : We are entering an endless recursion of HASAGI
: Win rate is not a determination of champion strength. If i remember correctly heimerdinger was top 3 win rate of like 2 seasons at a constant 55 percent. Also Plat and above he is at 54 percent. They did buff him right after release and on the PBE after the rework was initially released. I will talk about things that havent been released because there is tons of PBE gameplay of them out not to mention ive played with and against them on PBE now about 20 times. They are frustrating because they have mechanics or abilities you have never seen before and therefore don't know how to play against. Thats the frustrating part, not the champion itself. I will give you camille though. That champ is retarded
> [{quoted}](name=TheJakeinator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vYPohNY8,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-14T16:17:41.141+0000) > > Win rate is not a determination of champion strength. If i remember correctly heimerdinger was top 3 win rate of like 2 seasons at a constant 55 percent. Also Plat and above he is at 54 percent. > > They did buff him right after release and on the PBE after the rework was initially released. > > I will talk about things that havent been released because there is tons of PBE gameplay of them out not to mention ive played with and against them on PBE now about 20 times. > > They are frustrating because they have mechanics or abilities you have never seen before and therefore don't know how to play against. Thats the frustrating part, not the champion itself. > > I will give you camille though. That champ is retarded Win rate+play rate is a good indicator, tho. And OPmostly provided examples of champs who see quite a lot of play. That Heimer 55% winrate wasn't touch because there are prolly a total of a dozen chaps across all servers who main him.
Rioter Comments
GreenLore (EUW)
: So now we know why the shadow techniques are considered evil
Dude! Dude... That ain't no dark shadow-y magic that's basic exp gain, right there. Now would I level up if I cast Meteor Swarm on the bandit camp or do the hostages count as negative exp?
AhmCha (NA)
: When the bi-weekly circlejerk is directed at a champion you hate
Here, take my ~~upvote~~ energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
: Honestly, it's some of the most fun I've had. Here's why: On your first game, it's _believable_ that this is legit. My first go-around I ended up getting trolled because it wasn't even April 1st where I was yet. We all thought the other team were bots and we were playing like maniacs because we truly believed we were against bots. Yeah, once everyone caught on, it's less fun, but it's not _meant_ to continue to surprise you like the first time. Heck, it tricked everyone watching on my stream as well. Plus, it has _extremely_ reduced toxicity because your team mates think they're playing against bots and your enemies aren't being asses toward you. People are doing crazy things because they don't know. I had our Lee SIn deep invade the enemy Jungle simply because he thought the bots would have poor Jungle coding. It was a blast, man. I got a Quad (almost a Penta) in that game because I did something I would have _never_ otherwise done and jumped into 4 people around half health trying to take my turret because I figured bots wouldn't know what to do about it. I, for one, thought it was an amazing trick. Urf doesn't _need_ to come back as a game mode because it's constantly brought back over time anyway. Draven Draven was just silly little hats. This was an entire forced gameplay change that you and your team mates were tricked into making, which led both teams into thinking certain players were actually bots just because of all the ridiculous things that happened.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=kLFjGaiw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-04-01T09:03:47.210+0000) > > Honestly, it's some of the most fun I've had. Here's why: > > On your first game, it's _believable_ that this is legit. My first go-around I ended up getting trolled because it wasn't even April 1st where I was yet. We all thought the other team were bots and we were playing like maniacs because we truly believed we were against bots. > > Yeah, once everyone caught on, it's less fun, but it's not _meant_ to continue to surprise you like the first time. Heck, it tricked everyone watching on my stream as well. Plus, it has _extremely_ reduced toxicity because your team mates think they're playing against bots and your enemies aren't being asses toward you. People are doing crazy things because they don't know. I had our Lee SIn deep invade the enemy Jungle simply because he thought the bots would have poor Jungle coding. > > It was a blast, man. I got a Quad (almost a Penta) in that game because I did something I would have _never_ otherwise done and jumped into 4 people around half health trying to take my turret because I figured bots wouldn't know what to do about it. > > I, for one, thought it was an amazing trick. Urf doesn't _need_ to come back as a game mode because it's constantly brought back over time anyway. Draven Draven was just silly little hats. This was an entire forced gameplay change that you and your team mates were tricked into making, which led both teams into thinking certain players were actually bots just because of all the ridiculous things that happened. No offense, mate, but this was obvious for the moment we saw the announcement pop up on the client. But then again I trust nothing on late March 31 and 1st of April
: Well, at some point you have to do something. Okay, youre a 0/10 Rengar. People have bad games. But if youre forcing engages instead of waiting for engages when you have a perfectly good Alistar-Orianna combo in a very winnable game, someone needs to tell you that youre playing like shit and you dont need to do whatever youre doing. One mistake? Sure. Two mistakes? Sure. 5 deaths because you dive super hard every time you seen an enemy? You might get that youre playing like shit, but you obviously dont know what youre doing wrong or dont get that what youre doing isnt working. Theres one thing about calling people out ("youre trash") and telling people what they need to do. You might not like to hear it, but staying quiet isnt going to help anyway if you keep feeding.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaoticPinecone,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cYv4jLsR,comment-id=0035,timestamp=2017-04-01T07:47:53.838+0000) > > Well, at some point you have to do something. > > Okay, youre a 0/10 Rengar. People have bad games. But if youre forcing engages instead of waiting for engages when you have a perfectly good Alistar-Orianna combo in a very winnable game, someone needs to tell you that youre playing like shit and you dont need to do whatever youre doing. One mistake? Sure. Two mistakes? Sure. 5 deaths because you dive super hard every time you seen an enemy? You might get that youre playing like shit, but you obviously dont know what youre doing wrong or dont get that what youre doing isnt working. > > Theres one thing about calling people out ("youre trash") and telling people what they need to do. You might not like to hear it, but staying quiet isnt going to help anyway if you keep feeding. A thousand times this
: Not only that, but if someone has been crushed in lane, they're going to be behind. Let them get back into the game. They'll need farm to do so, and likely won't be relevant in team fights at all for the next 10-15 minutes... particularly if they're ADC, because that's the most common gang bang lane atm along with being the most gold-reliant champion. Don't bitch if your one-item ADC somehow can't do anything versus their three-item ADC. No shit. They're behind. And they know it. Bitching won't solve a goddamn thing. Actually BE a team mate, let your behind people get back into the game. If they're clearing a major minion wave, let them get it, they need it more than you do. If your jg is behind, let him get his small camps, particularly birds and krugs (birds give the most exp and second most gold, krugs give the most gold).
> [{quoted}](name=OMGSoAnnoying,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cYv4jLsR,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2017-03-31T17:06:04.012+0000) > > Not only that, but if someone has been crushed in lane, they're going to be behind. Let them get back into the game. They'll need farm to do so, and likely won't be relevant in team fights at all for the next 10-15 minutes... particularly if they're ADC, because that's the most common gang bang lane atm along with being the most gold-reliant champion. > > Don't bitch if your one-item ADC somehow can't do anything versus their three-item ADC. No shit. They're behind. And they know it. Bitching won't solve a goddamn thing. > > Actually BE a team mate, let your behind people get back into the game. If they're clearing a major minion wave, let them get it, they need it more than you do. If your jg is behind, let him get his small camps, particularly birds and krugs (birds give the most exp and second most gold, krugs give the most gold). See, mate, the problem is that these same players who should just sit bak and farm actively rush into danger. They really think they are better than their laner who already killed them 1v1 3-4 times and that THIS time they can outplay. And herein lies the problem. Don't try to make montage plays or outplays to avenge or prove yourself people. Just farm and go after those you can statcheck safely.
: So Tryndamere got back from a fight missing an arm
Glîtchy (NA)
: {{champion:254}} Yang {{champion:103}} Blake {{champion:99}} Ruby {{champion:114}} Weiss {{champion:89}} Pyrrha {{champion:78}} Nora {{champion:98}} Ren {{champion:266}} Jaune (worst fighter in the series represented by worst champ with a sword) {{champion:75}} Ozpin {{champion:22}} Glynda {{champion:126}} Ironwood {{champion:157}} Qrow {{champion:222}} Coco {{champion:86}} Yatsuhashi {{champion:92}} Velvet {{champion:64}} Fox {{champion:134}} Salem {{champion:143}} Cinder {{champion:62}} Sun {{champion:105}} Neptune {{champion:37}} Neo {{champion:50}} Torchwick {{champion:119}} Mercury {{champion:84}} Emerald
> > {{champion:62}} Sun > Idk I don't see a resemblance. I mean aside from the staff. And the clones. And the tail. And the common origin.
: Did someone say perfect duo? http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/700/324/6d2.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=TsunamiWave22,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=5se4bT8W,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-03-26T05:13:12.199+0000) > > Did someone say perfect duo? > > http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/700/324/6d2.jpg Get out
: > [{quoted}](name=Slythion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2RzLVv9R,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-03-25T22:33:33.126+0000) > > whether it's right or not is up to you That's actually incorrect. It is objectively worse for the community to enable hyper entitlement. The old days were more meritocracy and survival of the fittest... but as you coddle the community more and more, the quality of players and therefore matches, will decrease.
> [{quoted}](name=Dominick Destine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2RzLVv9R,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2017-03-25T22:53:57.572+0000) > > That's actually incorrect. It is objectively worse for the community to enable hyper entitlement. > > The old days were more meritocracy and survival of the fittest... but as you coddle the community more and more, the quality of players and therefore matches, will decrease. Okay, you can't tell me you believe a game where every one has their best/second best role or champion will be of lower quality than a game of ten generalists. In a custom/scrim/no autofill game the dedicated mains beat the generalists 8 times out of 10. There's a reason Messi or Ronaldo aren't forced to play goalkeeper at random. The best point guard would still be worse than a 'merely' really good center. It's not coddling, it's enabling specialization among players and thus increasing the quality of the game overall. Your argument may fly somewhat in the lower divisions but I sure as hell can't see a Diamond top main who has few, if any, jungle games, beat a dedicated jungle mains at that level of play. Hell, I am silver/gold and I've beaten Plats (who are in reality way better than me, being y'know Plats) just because I was in my main role and they were stuck playing a role/champ they don't know the ins and outs of.
: The Support Dilemma, or why riot needs to shiv MatPat’s spleen
You see the problem is, a true support-y support is only as good as the team. I'm more or less a Sona/Leona main and can't tell you how many times I've seen games lost because a 3-man stunlock from me has been ignored. I can make a legit play of the game by shielding my adc, bodyblocking a hook and dash-stunning their adc but it's for nothing when my teammate runs away when we can get kills or runs back in when I am furiously pinging away and trying to buy him time with my sacrifice.
: I thought so. It's not a story the Boards will tell you. It's a high elo legend. Dr. Sona X Rubick was a Darius ADC player. He was so powerful and so wise that he could use his favorite champion and influence the kappaclorians to create... a new meta. He had such a knowledge of bullying laners that he could even keep the ones he cared about, from losing. The dark side of the meta is a pathway to many winrates that some would consider unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his lane, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught a Lulu main everything he knew, then his apprentice bullied him out of lane in her sleep. Ironic, he could save others from losing, but not himself.
> [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7XxwYdzZ,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-24T20:41:09.118+0000) > > I thought so. It's not a story the Boards will tell you. It's a high elo legend. > > Dr. Sona X Rubick was a Darius ADC player. He was so powerful and so wise that he could use his favorite champion and influence the kappaclorians to create... a new meta. > > He had such a knowledge of bullying laners that he could even keep the ones he cared about, from losing. The dark side of the meta is a pathway to many winrates that some would consider unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his lane, which eventually, of course, he did. > > Unfortunately, he taught a Lulu main everything he knew, then his apprentice bullied him out of lane in her sleep. Ironic, he could save others from losing, but not himself. Come on, people, we need to get this to 66 upvotes
: As much as Supports like Janna, Lulu, Karma, Sona and Soraka annoy me...
To be fair, those supports are SUPPOSED to be annoying. That's the whole point of enchanter/disenchanter champions. They are the true supports, as in would be classified as such by general RPG rules.
: Challenger Smurfs can go up to D3 With 95% winrate
> [{quoted}](name=I Like TrainsKid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MAfR73Mz,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2017-03-17T19:02:54.037+0000) > > _**Challenger Smurfs**_ can go up to D3 With 95% winrate Yeah, that argument ain't the best out there, mate.
: Anybody who is asking this question is missing the point. League of Legends isn't a job. It's a game. Fun and competitive don't have to be separate. 1. Since it's a game I'm supposed to have fun, regardless of whether or not I'm playing ranked or norms. Why do people ban "anti-fun" champions in ranked? Cuz those champions don't make the game FUN for them. 2. I can play vayne support if I want to . If I find that fun, what will prevent me from playing her? I can still try my best to win and still have the competitive nature. League is a game. Not a job. Pro players have it as a job, but I'm pretty sure they have fun playing the game. Else it's their fault for doing something they find as a chore/bore.
> [{quoted}](name=on the table ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AIQEEYEn,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-03-17T17:47:54.081+0000) > > Anybody who is asking this question is missing the point. League of Legends isn't a job. It's a game. Fun and competitive don't have to be separate. > > 1. Since it's a game I'm supposed to have fun, regardless of whether or not I'm playing ranked or norms. Why do people ban "anti-fun" champions in ranked? Cuz those champions don't make the game FUN for them. > > 2. I can play vayne support if I want to . If I find that fun, what will prevent me from playing her? I can still try my best to win and still have the competitive nature. > > League is a game. Not a job. Pro players have it as a job, but I'm pretty sure they have fun playing the game. Else it's their fault for doing something they find as a chore/bore. Yes, you will try your hardest but the fact is that adc+supp bot exists for a reason. Eight times out of ten, the adc helped by support will win the game. The other two times when lanes is won is not a traditional pairing bot but just whatever is OP botlane for the current patch (Ziggs comes to mind recently). So, yeah, maybe the patch after the next your Vayne supp will be the optimal choice but if you do this now, chances are, your team will lose. Hell, you might even be a better player than the other guy by some margin. But given relatively equal skills amongst all players, traditional comp vs fun/quirky comp wins msot days of the weak. And yes, it is a game, but you play for the Victory screen in the end. You can argue any time playing video games is wasted, but the degree of wastefulness definetly goes up by a metric shitton when one sees that defeat screen.
: I mean, realistically, as Humans, we're apt to find patterns in randomness, and becomes suspicious when things that are random happen too often together. Apples original Random function for their iPod stuff was actually truly random, yet people claimed it wasn't working when it was giving them the same song 5 times over. So Apple made it so the Random function excluded the last played song. Point being, in a truly random scenario, if we get the same song 5 times over, we're apt to suspect that the next song is going to be different. So, by the same logic, we're apt to believe that winning too many games in a row, that we'll eventually get a Loss. We expect the pattern to break, because we expect something happening over and over to be different after so many times.
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Mercy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=F9EIwh01,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2017-03-17T03:50:54.566+0000) > > I mean, realistically, as Humans, we're apt to find patterns in randomness, and becomes suspicious when things that are random happen too often together. Apples original Random function for their iPod stuff was actually truly random, yet people claimed it wasn't working when it was giving them the same song 5 times over. So Apple made it so the Random function excluded the last played song. > > Point being, in a truly random scenario, if we get the same song 5 times over, we're apt to suspect that the next song is going to be different. So, by the same logic, we're apt to believe that winning too many games in a row, that we'll eventually get a Loss. We expect the pattern to break, because we expect something happening over and over to be different after so many times. I think what the OP is trying to point out is that it isn't just breaking a win/loss streak with the opposite. That is natural and to be expected 100%. The suspicious part is where 6 wins are followed by 5-6-7 losses and then they are followed by 6-7-8 wins and so on and so forth. This is an unending seesaw for the past 6 season, affecting every League player bar Challenger who have enough skill to brute force the system despite it actively trying to drag them down as well. Not to mention its unfair to anyone who actively plays ranked (I don't personally, despite being here since season 2) that at the end of the day they are judged by their rank, not by their MMR, but the game insists on testing them based on MMR only. If a guy in Plat has Dia MMR and is matched more or less with Diamonds, then give him bloody Diamond, don't artificially pad the game by forcing him to struggle through promos again and again and again. Because, well he will EVENTUALLY break through, but that would be many games and hours wasted later while he could have been using the time to climb Dia. Not to mention Number Two: When will Riot earn that 150+300+200+350+150 does NOT equal 230+230+230+230+230 in terms of teambased gaming.
: LoL is oversexualized
Vel'Koz isn't actually naked, his suit is just made of flesh tentacles. Vel is actually the eye, you can see him levitate back to fountain after death.
: When you see a 5-man gank coming, and you know you don't have time to recall
{{champion:164}} : Uninvited guests aren't welcome here. Also +1 kill. Seriously, even if all team dives me as Camille, I am 95% taking one of them down with me. Yesterday I had a diving Jayce try to hammer me out of the ult but I just stopped right at the border as tower pew-pewed at him. The other 4 watch as he died, shrugging.
: Losing is straight up a terrible experience now.
To be fair, he example you gave are from team games without a leveling/scaling items system. If we remove those from League, yeah skill would suddenly be THE deciding factor, bar none. Won't actually be League if we remove them tho. It's the curse of MOBAs.
: When you see a Taliyah has the wrong keystone so you go easy on her
: In all seriousness, why isn't Riven disabled?
I have both Ez and Riven and I've played quite a few games with them since season 2. That Blitz hook thing that needs to be fixed aside: When champ X hits Ezreal with a 1,5 sec stun and Ezreal uses E, he changes position but he is still stunned for the full duration of 1,5 sec after moving. When champ X hits Riven with a 1,5 sec stun and Riven uses E, sche changes position AND breaks the crowd control effect and is "stunned" for 0,2 sec or something like that. And here lies the problem.
: > The thing with mmr is that nobody but riot uses it Everyone uses it actually and it is a good system. League players complain about it because they do not understand it but in other games that use it people largely do not complain about it, except for the lowest of the low. If a plat player is playing against a bunch of silvers its because the plat players mmr tanked horribly (probably because he bought it or was carried somehow) but being demoted from leagues is difficult to do but his mmr is an accurate representation of his current performance.
> [{quoted}](name=Pyromaniacks,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=36Lp4AM1,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2017-01-17T22:16:04.091+0000) > > Everyone uses it actually and it is a good system. League players complain about it because they do not understand it but in other games that use it people largely do not complain about it, except for the lowest of the low. If a plat player is playing against a bunch of silvers its because the plat players mmr tanked horribly (probably because he bought it or was carried somehow) but being demoted from leagues is difficult to do but his mmr is an accurate representation of his current performance. Your statement is absolutely true. But what OP is trying to say is, at the end of the day, that guy will be seen as Plat, treated as Plat and get all the benefits of being Platinum (respect, borders, higher valued opinion) while the guy in Silver who has the skills to get matched vs Plats, as evidenced bu his MMR, will be treated as merely a fuçking Silver scrub. That's what OP means. MMR is possibly the best representation we have but WE DON'T SEE MMR. They don't assign rewards based on mmr. All we see is current ranking. So maybe, just maybe, it will be fair for everyone if people just get matched with people also in Bronze/Silver/Plat/Dia +/- 1 divsion up or down. Say, your a Gold3 and matchmaking only includes players from Silver1 to PLat5 in your matches. If you are Silver 1 it's tweaked a bit so you only get Silver 5 to Gold5 and so on and so forth. Like it was said, no matter any one player's ACTUAL skill level, s/he shouldn't be required to beat people with ranking higher than the one they are trying to get at any given time. This is just grinding and frankly, pure padding. Damn, maybe we just need shorter seasons or something.
PB4UAME (NA)
: There is a reason that is done, and it has everything to do with agency. I mean, what you're discussing is the dichotomy of the subject-object orientation, and you are indeed correct that it creates issues with our conceptual schemes and thereby causes inaccuracies or biases in our world views,** however, consider the case of you as a player in a game of LoL. Whose actions are you in control over? The answer is only yourself, that is the limit of your agency in the game. Sure, you can communicate, or attempt to, with your team, and possibly impact them, but they still decide what it is they do. There will always be leavers, but you do not have control over if any one leaves but yourself. Now, consider that, due to your dislike of having AFKs on your own team, you resolve to never AFK (at least in ranked). This is, ultimately, the most control you as a player can exert on if you have an AFK in your current match. Yes, you can report people who AFK, and ostensibly get fewer AFKs as a result, but you cannot alter the fact that someone else AFKed in your game while you play it. Assuming as little as "your rate of leaving ranked games is lower than the median of players in your division" you will have fewer AFKs on your own team than the enemies, minus potential early variance in the first few dozen games. Once you get to 100 games, the variance is already minuscule, even though it would take literally infinite games to be absolutely certain anyway. If you also stipulate that you are good compared to the people around your level, as many people who complain about Elo hell also like to believe, then you should be able to fairly easily hit 53% or higher of a winrate, which is enough to climb through promos, especially with promo helper. If you can't, and you still blame AFKs, then either you also AFK a bunch and/or are on leaver's island, or you simply aren't better than the people you play against, and the AFK issue is irrelevant to you. The statistics aren't wrong even if most people's understanding of what the statistics entails is flawed. Yes, it is less certain, yes there will be variance due to other factors, and human will, but. . . those things will average out, and if you aren't contributing to this negativity, or at least not as much as everyone around you is, you'll be affected less by it than others will, increasingly more so as time (or in this case, games played) goes on. **Such an orientation also leads to an interesting paradox, since the orientation perceives others as objects, or those which can be calculated, described, quantified, etc, how does one then regard themselves when you think in terms of existence? If they operate under the pretense of observable rationality, they can only regard them self too as a sort of other; yet, at the same time they would also realize they know about themselves through first hand, lived experiences, and we have, or perceive that we have, free choice. Such radically different mental frameworks are functionally mutually exclusive. Now, many philosophers have attempted to address this paradox by re-imagining the conditions such that it is not a subject-object orientation, but an intersubjective one instead, but that also entails retooling and reapplication of the tools of rationality-- much of applied sciences, and as you mentioned, some understandings of statistical frameworks, not of the math itself, but on its real world applications.
> [{quoted}](name=PB4UAME,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gdA8gsxv,comment-id=0000000100000000000000020001000000000001,timestamp=2017-01-17T00:36:27.780+0000) > > There is a reason that is done, and it has everything to do with agency. I mean, what you're discussing is the dichotomy of the subject-object orientation, and you are indeed correct that it creates issues with our conceptual schemes and thereby causes inaccuracies or biases in our world views,** however, consider the case of you as a player in a game of LoL. Whose actions are you in control over? The answer is only yourself, that is the limit of your agency in the game. Sure, you can communicate, or attempt to, with your team, and possibly impact them, but they still decide what it is they do. > > There will always be leavers, but you do not have control over if any one leaves but yourself. Now, consider that, due to your dislike of having AFKs on your own team, you resolve to never AFK (at least in ranked). This is, ultimately, the most control you as a player can exert on if you have an AFK in your current match. Yes, you can report people who AFK, and ostensibly get fewer AFKs as a result, but you cannot alter the fact that someone else AFKed in your game while you play it. > > Assuming as little as "your rate of leaving ranked games is lower than the median of players in your division" you will have fewer AFKs on your own team than the enemies, minus potential early variance in the first few dozen games. Once you get to 100 games, the variance is already minuscule, even though it would take literally infinite games to be absolutely certain anyway. If you also stipulate that you are good compared to the people around your level, as many people who complain about Elo hell also like to believe, then you should be able to fairly easily hit 53% or higher of a winrate, which is enough to climb through promos, especially with promo helper. > > If you can't, and you still blame AFKs, then either you also AFK a bunch and/or are on leaver's island, or you simply aren't better than the people you play against, and the AFK issue is irrelevant to you. The statistics aren't wrong even if most people's understanding of what the statistics entails is flawed. Yes, it is less certain, yes there will be variance due to other factors, and human will, but. . . those things will average out, and if you aren't contributing to this negativity, or at least not as much as everyone around you is, you'll be affected less by it than others will, increasingly more so as time (or in this case, games played) goes on. > > > > **Such an orientation also leads to an interesting paradox, since the orientation perceives others as objects, or those which can be calculated, described, quantified, etc, how does one then regard themselves when you think in terms of existence? If they operate under the pretense of observable rationality, they can only regard them self too as a sort of other; yet, at the same time they would also realize they know about themselves through first hand, lived experiences, and we have, or perceive that we have, free choice. Such radically different mental frameworks are functionally mutually exclusive. Now, many philosophers have attempted to address this paradox by re-imagining the conditions such that it is not a subject-object orientation, but an intersubjective one instead, but that also entails retooling and reapplication of the tools of rationality-- much of applied sciences, and as you mentioned, some understandings of statistical frameworks, not of the math itself, but on its real world applications. A 53% winrate is still somewhat low tho, assuming someone is climbing and not already in their appropriate division. But a climb with a 53% winrate is more of a grind than a real climb. Frankly, I've RL friends who are diamond but even they struggle getting a decent winrate because of various factors like the ones already discussed. That's what turns many players off ranked. That even a positive winrate seems to be like they are going nowhere if they need 5 promo series to get a division ahead. In other games, like Hearthstone for example, one needs significantly fewer games to get to their proper ranking, precisely because there are no teams to tilt the whole system askew in one direction or the other.
Ritesh (NA)
: Why is IP gain so atrociously low?
I don't think the problem is with IP gains per se, but more with new player incentive and that "new player experience" thing that is oh so vital to any game. A few days ago someone suggested giving players "free champion token" or something like that during leveling up to 30. And I think this is a grand idea. As it is now, for new players, a large part of the content (champions upwards of 1350) are not easy to acquire. And that can put off many a new player who has seen those "expensive" and flashy champs in action and wants to main them. Shadowverse (hell, even Hearthstone when it comes new expansions) gives away like 50 packs of cards for a new player or something. Or they hand out plenty of packs during times like New Years just for logging in. Yes, I do realise most of us have plenty of IP to spare and the hextech system gives us even skins for free. But farming chests ain't exactly easy when you have such a limited champion pool. And yes, they can just systematically buy 450 champs and get chests with them but then this becomes just a chore. Which is frankly self-inflicted murder by marketing standarts. What I am saying is: give free stuff to new players. Not a lot, but enough to get, like, 10 champs with 0 IP spending until they get to 30 or something. The new player experience needs to be immersive and addictive with lots of free, shiny content and in League it has always been rather lacking. But keep IP gains as is.
: What I don't understand is that people never seem to realize that the other team is just as likely to have these trolls on their team. The trolls aren't the reason you can't climb, inconsistent play is. If you consistently play at a level above your rank then you will climb higher as the odds will even out. If you want LP decreased for a loss for having a troll on your then you should receive less LP for winning a game with a troll on the opposing team, otherwise it will be much easier to climb in ranked.
> [{quoted}](name=TheNeemDream,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NlLRk6lE,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-01-16T06:36:10.349+0000) > > What I don't understand is that people never seem to realize that the other team is just as likely to have these trolls on their team. The trolls aren't the reason you can't climb, inconsistent play is. If you consistently play at a level above your rank then you will climb higher as the odds will even out. If you want LP decreased for a loss for having a troll on your then you should receive less LP for winning a game with a troll on the opposing team, otherwise it will be much easier to climb in ranked. Statistics 101 would like to point out that your statement, while true, can take hundreds, even thousands of games. And as avid a gamer as I am, I don't think even students with all their supposed free time should waste THAT much trying to compensate for every afk and troll they encounter.
PB4UAME (NA)
: That's to ensure the variance is there much at all, but if you are a better player than those you are matched against, after only dozens of games you will climb and keep a positive win rate, and it will, in fact, help your climb. Here's one way to look at it that you might not have thought of. If you are a good player, or at least decent for your Elo, and you yourself do not AFK, then for every game that you play, at least 1 of your team is a non-AFK. This isn't true for your opponents. They have 5 slots for AFKers to potentially fill, meanwhile, your team has only 4 slots. While yes, truly even distribution of AFKer per player slot takes thousands of games, in your case, you'll still receive noticeably less AFKers on your team than on the enemy's.
> [{quoted}](name=PB4UAME,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gdA8gsxv,comment-id=00000001000000000000000200010000,timestamp=2017-01-16T05:34:25.212+0000) > > That's to ensure the variance is there much at all, but if you are a better player than those you are matched against, after only dozens of games you will climb and keep a positive win rate, and it will, in fact, help your climb. > > Here's one way to look at it that you might not have thought of. If you are a good player, or at least decent for your Elo, and you yourself do not AFK, then for every game that you play, at least 1 of your team is a non-AFK. This isn't true for your opponents. They have 5 slots for AFKers to potentially fill, meanwhile, your team has only 4 slots. > > While yes, truly even distribution of AFKer per player slot takes thousands of games, in your case, you'll still receive noticeably less AFKers on your team than on the enemy's. To be fair, you somewhat point it out in your last paragraph, but as I have pointed out many times before: Statistics don't work that way. The enemy team having 1/5 chance more to get an AFK/feeder is just that- a chance. It's really quite possible to play a thousand games and have more afks and feeders in your team. And there is also the fact we always keep forgetting: we are the enemy team. And the ally team. For every guy we collectively tell, just get better you have 4/5 slots for bad players, they have 5, we fail to realize this isn't a single player game. OP doesn't play in a vacuum with some nebulous entity called "other players". I know this is kinda confusing to read and, frankly, eloquence escapes me right now, but what I am trying to say is: Each of us sees themselves as the main character in the game, and we advise each other here as if that's true, in every single thread sincce forever. And that screws perspective and how things really are a whole damn lot.
: I thini the dumbest part of her ult is that I cant flash out of it??? Wtf kind of stupid Mechanic is that
> [{quoted}](name=Coccyx420,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Eqn3N2we,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2017-01-16T10:09:21.071+0000) > > I thini the dumbest part of her ult is that I cant flash out of it??? Wtf kind of stupid Mechanic is that What part of "target cannot leave area by ANY means" do you misunderstand?
: but shes the source of power for the cage so if she dies it shouldn't have any power left to trap enemies.
> [{quoted}](name=Whiteknight414,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Eqn3N2we,comment-id=0003000100010000,timestamp=2017-01-15T19:14:52.079+0000) > > but shes the source of power for the cage so if she dies it shouldn't have any power left to trap enemies. The day Teemo darts stop blinding Lee Sin, I wil lagree with your logic.
: Every game has always been a waste of time since they were invented, it's a game... but if players enjoy why does it matter? How many people are realistically going pro? Don't take this shit too seriously man, just take a breath and if you don't enjoy it take a break we'll see you when things even out
> [{quoted}](name=lilpokfluf,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=It9HrF8a,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-01-15T13:42:18.517+0000) > > Every game has always been a waste of time since they were invented, it's a game... but if players enjoy why does it matter? How many people are realistically going pro? Don't take this shit too seriously man, just take a breath and if you don't enjoy it take a break we'll see you when things even out If you were talking about Normals or any rotating game mode I would agree. But it's called Ranked for a reason.
: Maybe you just need to get better? If you can't climb then that means you're not improving. After two seasons you're still not fixing your mistakes. Downvote all you want. It's just the simple truth. You won't get better? You won't climb. You blame literally everything else for your low ranking except yourself. Bitching and moaning on boards won't get you anywhere.
> [{quoted}](name=2 Weezy Baby,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gdA8gsxv,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-01-15T16:51:49.760+0000) > > Maybe you just need to get better? If you can't climb then that means you're not improving. After two seasons you're still not fixing your mistakes. > > Downvote all you want. It's just the simple truth. You won't get better? You won't climb. You blame literally everything else for your low ranking except yourself. Bitching and moaning on boards won't get you anywhere. Okay, either this is a teamgame and everyone of the 10 present on the Rift affects the outcome EQUALLY... ...or it's not a teamgame and everyone should just learn to solo carry. The very fact that this is a MMO based on RPG leveling and item mechanics, as all MOBAs are, means that there is a point where skill becomes useless when an enemy can fail half his combo and still kill you because he is fed beyond hope. Recently I had a lane against some random Ekko top, I was Camille I think. Dude ran circles around me, our jungler whoever tried to 1v1 or 1v2 him. He was Plat I think and an Ekko main. Skillwise, he was better than any of us 5 and believe me he DESERVED to win the game. But he lost because I outright refused to fight him after first 2 deaths, mid went even, their jungler preferred farming and their botlane was ABHORENTLY bad. So here is a story from the other side- dude had the skills but come lategame, even tho he was 15/2 at one point or whatever, he didn't stand a chance. Not 1v5.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kotex,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=mQ92t6Um,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2017-01-15T05:13:56.111+0000) > > I think whats truly sad is that so many disconnected people really believe its a cardinal sin to be passionate about video games. > It's not even a thing about video games How the fuck are you supposed to have fun at games and sports in general if you don't compete to win? I mean, that is the freaking basics of having games and sports at first, the pleasure to compete to win is the essence of games and sports, then not everyone can win, but as long as you do your best and you have a positive attitude and you try to learn to improve and get better so the next time you can try to win it make sports and games one of thebest form of entertainment and pleasure around Then it is fine to be bad at games/sports, to play in a suboptimal way because you are noob or enjoy play a certain character or a role you are not good at, to make unwillingly make silly mistakes because you tried but you couldn't avoid failure It is just not fucking fine afk'ing 7 minutes into a game and not even have the fucking decency to click base to avoid giving another kill. It is not fucking fine intentionally trolling or intentionally not playing to win. It is not fucking fine to not fucking listen to your mistakes and cause with your selfishness and you terrible attitude to make other lose games because you are a freaking a*shole and so you do not play anymore to win but you play to estabilish an alleged predominance or alpha male state over other people It is not a fucking matter of videogames, it is a matter of respect the basic concepts of games/sports and civil life, yes, even on the internet where you are hiding behind a screen with anonymity
> [{quoted}](name=Ale non è male,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=mQ92t6Um,comment-id=000200020000,timestamp=2017-01-15T13:21:21.347+0000) > > It's not even a thing about video games > How the fuck are you supposed to have fun at games and sports in general if you don't compete to win? I mean, that is the freaking basics of having games and sports at first, the pleasure to compete to win is the essence of games and sports, then not everyone can win, but as long as you do your best and you have a positive attitude and you try to learn to improve and get better so the next time you can try to win it make sports and games one of thebest form of entertainment and pleasure around > > Then it is fine to be bad at games/sports, to play in a suboptimal way because you are noob or enjoy play a certain character or a role you are not good at, to make unwillingly make silly mistakes because you tried but you couldn't avoid failure > > It is just not fucking fine afk'ing 7 minutes into a game and not even have the fucking decency to click base to avoid giving another kill. It is not fucking fine intentionally trolling or intentionally not playing to win. It is not fucking fine to not fucking listen to your mistakes and cause with your selfishness and you terrible attitude to make other lose games because you are a freaking a*shole and so you do not play anymore to win but you play to estabilish an alleged predominance or alpha male state over other people > > It is not a fucking matter of videogames, it is a matter of respect the basic concepts of games/sports and civil life, yes, even on the internet where you are hiding behind a screen with anonymity Absolutely agree. I don't mind losing, it's a natural part of any game/sport/contest. I'll never rage at anyone in my team even if they are getting beat when I can see they are trying their damnest to win and jsut getting outplayed. But this stupid it's just a game attitude has _**no place**_ in any competitive event of any sort, excluding charity matches.
: Just write em off as unwinnable games. It's all balanced by the fact that everyone is suffering the same auto fill problem
> [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZsE8tyi8,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-01-15T07:28:26.894+0000) > > Just write em off as unwinnable games. It's all balanced by the fact that everyone is suffering the same auto fill problem Other people suffering from the same disease doesn't mean doctors shouldn't cure them all.
Vith (NA)
: It's so tilting, LoL feels like a game for exclusively 18> players.
To be absolutely fair, there are plenty people who are of legal age in any damn country and do teh same shít one would expect from a 13-year-old. True, it's mainly the kids who act like kids but it's not like there aren't plenty of idiots who are older. The problem remains in that League is a RPG teamgame with levels and items and gold. In other online games like CS:GO or Overwatch is IS possible to solocarry even the heaviest of teammates by being just that damn good. Here skills mean zilch when teh enemy ADC can just 2 auto you.
oxyth (NA)
: PSA: Do's and don'ts to have fun playing league of legends
Just play full premade and you will be fine. Always better to talk and makes jokes in game, you wouldn't rage against friends and coordination is better too. Otherwise I am at Tilt Station, ragetrain to Salt Town. Like, I don't want it, but it's on the inside. I don't call people names or sthing I just KASJDASPIJDFPASIHGALSJFAS like that in chat in a futile attempt to vent.
: This game needs more Genos.
> [{quoted}](name=A serial feeder,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oPBoOo66,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2016-12-26T07:07:01.723+0000) > > This game needs more Genos. But Genos is just a serial fee-oh wait
: Riot needs to decide wtf Camille is.
Wouldn't mind if she is tweaked a bit, because to be fair I steamrolled on my first try with her. After around then games what i can say is this: 1. Needs a slight nerf to the numbers, as most on-release champs do. 2. The ult actually is fine because it barely works in teamfights. Yes, it displaces for a moment but your teammates are free to rush in, it doesn't actually keep them out like a wall. Only the target is trapped. 3. Out of the variety of toplaners faced, I can say she is sucks versus anyone like Darius, Irelia and Tryndamere. She is less of a duelist and more of an AD caster. When the skills go on cooldown you gotta prey the opponent doesn't keep fighting. A Darius scared off by the burst will lose, but most just keep auto-ing and beat you. Like, vs one Darius I did everything right and he still 1v1 me no problem. So yeah, she has more than one clear counter. Yet again, it sucks for all mids and adcs tho.
: Low elo ADCs are actually pretty impressively skilled nowadays
It's called consistency, guys, and they have it.
Kynami (NA)
: You personally are immune to being auto-filled at that point but the rest of your team isn't. Have fun trying to win a match with an auto-filled solo laner or worse... an auto-filled jungle that doesn't know *how* to properly play the position. Which is doubly fun because most often you get worse team mates in promos for the extra "challenge" and if they get auto-filled on top of that? Goodbye match quality.
> [{quoted}](name=Kynami,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GgdQYhfz,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2016-12-03T03:16:29.953+0000) > > You personally are immune to being auto-filled at that point but the rest of your team isn't. Have fun trying to win a match with an auto-filled solo laner or worse... an auto-filled jungle that doesn't know *how* to properly play the position. > > Which is doubly fun because most often you get worse team mates in promos for the extra "challenge" and if they get auto-filled on top of that? Goodbye match quality. So much this... I can't exactly blame a teammate if he feeds in this situation. A guy who can potentially downright carry my game if sent mid/adc but forced into jungle, which he knows shit about, can't exactly be blamed for losing the game when the system lost it for us. As it is now, the victory goes to whichever team gets the unlucky guy autofilled in a role he can at least decently handle. And frankly, 20 mins wait isn't that much of a problem. Better to wait 20 mins, watch someYouTube or play some Hearthstone or whatever and then get your role and win LP and climb THAN to play 2 games in the same timespan but lose them because you or a teammate got sent to a role you can't play consistently well. People being allowed to focus on 2 roles solely leads to better in-game performances across the board and Riot should recognise that. I have Plat friends who are insane jgl/tops but make downright Bronze adc or supp plays.
: {{champion:157}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:157}} no reasons needed
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tekTtIQv,comment-id=0029,timestamp=2016-12-03T22:03:28.290+0000) > > {{champion:157}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:157}} > > no reasons needed Preach it, brother.
: People don't play Annie support because of the stun, people play Annie support because of the damage output, the stun is just used to justify the pick because it means they do provide the bare minimum of CC. People play mage supports for the exact same reason support will never be a popular role: because it allows them to fill their fantasy of being a carry. Additionally, all support picks have team comps where they work to their best effect, and mage supports are no different, so there will always be situations where a mage support is a better idea than one of the more classical ones. You know who the top ten winrate supports are? Five enchanters, two vanguards, one disruptor, one burst mage, and Blitzcrank. If enchanter supports are as weak as you say, why do five of them (note there are only nine in total) appear in the top 33% of support winrates at positions 2, 4, 6, 8, and 9? Two of them appear before any of the mage supports do, the first of those is Brand at position 5. If you're playing Soraka and Janna like that you're doing them horrendously wrong, Soraka's heal is on a 1.1 second cooldown late game and can target anyone on your team, allowing you to keep any of your carries alive, and Janna's power comes from her ability to disengage for her carries and her immensely powerful ultimate. Using extreme hyperbole and taking only one ability from a champion's kit doesn't mean that champion is actually weak. You see, your claim about power budgets isn't supported by any actual data, and in fact is undermined by the data that does exist and some basic knowledge of player psychology.
> [{quoted}](name=4maskwolf,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8d6E1wxL,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000002,timestamp=2016-12-03T16:18:11.274+0000) > > People don't play Annie support because of the stun, people play Annie support because of the damage output, the stun is just used to justify the pick because it means they do provide the bare minimum of CC. People play mage supports for the exact same reason support will never be a popular role: because it allows them to fill their fantasy of being a carry. Additionally, all support picks have team comps where they work to their best effect, and mage supports are no different, so there will always be situations where a mage support is a better idea than one of the more classical ones. > > You know who the top ten winrate supports are? Five enchanters, two vanguards, one disruptor, one burst mage, and Blitzcrank. If enchanter supports are as weak as you say, why do five of them (note there are only nine in total) appear in the top 33% of support winrates at positions 2, 4, 6, 8, and 9? Two of them appear before any of the mage supports do, the first of those is Brand at position 5. > > If you're playing Soraka and Janna like that you're doing them horrendously wrong, Soraka's heal is on a 1.1 second cooldown late game and can target anyone on your team, allowing you to keep any of your carries alive, and Janna's power comes from her ability to disengage for her carries and her immensely powerful ultimate. Using extreme hyperbole and taking only one ability from a champion's kit doesn't mean that champion is actually weak. > > You see, your claim about power budgets isn't supported by any actual data, and in fact is undermined by the data that does exist and some basic knowledge of player psychology. I will not deny a half-decent Soraka lowkey carries just about any game she is in. I HAVE gotten through teamfights only to realsie the only reason we lost a single person is because she is an insane heal-bot. And I appreciate that. BUT that is the same reason why I and many other players can't handle playing Soraka more than three games in a roll. Because we aren't actually playing League, but some heal simulator. And this is the main problem with pure supp and the reason why many people (me included) take cc burst mages botlane. It is, in most cases in League, beyond unfun to support the way, say, a healer in WoW is meant to. Leona supp is the only one I can play consistently precisely because I actually feel like I am doing something that takes skill.
: FYI: There is nothing wrong with playing a tank midlane.
A tank going mid is a perfectly legit pick vs any assassin, I guess, especially if they bumrush the shortest lane in the game. But I don't see it working consistently vs most mages. Like, say, I see no problem facing a tank mid with Vel'Koz cause even if they build MR, true dmg is still true dmg. If it's Nasus, you can kite and poke from a distance, if its Sion you must just juke the ulti and with Malph- well... For a Malph to burst you midlane he needs to build full AP as well, meaning he is no tank. And if he builds tank you just need an Abyssal first to survive his all-in, after that you have better spells and cds. And I guess the same goes for most mages. Besides, while I always think any team needs a tank, IMO the dmg+cc provided by mages like Brand, Lux or Syndra etc is better than one more tank-pusher on the team. Again, not saying it's not a smart pick in an assassin meta, but if it was that good for real, tanks would BE the mid meta, having pushed out traidtional mages.
DireXcon (EUNE)
: The problem is this: An ADC can carry MUCH harder than a support, that 300 gold adds up to their lead, making the game more likely a win. Let's say the support goes 5/0/0 by 20 mins how likely is that he will carry the game? Not much at all, since he can't turn that into a snowball effectively Now let's say the ADC goes 5/0/0 by 20 mins, the probability of snowball is high, since he can use that lead to farm better, do more damage and by doing more damage getting more kills.
> [{quoted}](name=DireXcon,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4OmiErpZ,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2016-11-27T22:27:30.014+0000) > > The problem is this: An ADC can carry MUCH harder than a support, that 300 gold adds up to their lead, making the game more likely a win. > > Let's say the support goes 5/0/0 by 20 mins how likely is that he will carry the game? Not much at all, since he can't turn that into a snowball effectively > *cough* {{champion:161}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:63}} *cough*
Kiokami (NA)
: tryndamere rewards the most passive unfun playstyle ever
The only problem I see is the fact that for some reason he can Ulti **during** CC which makes no sense at all. How can you say CC counters him when I can do a full Leona rotation on him and he will STILL R and beyblade away. Hell, a 5/0 Lux will prolly lose a 1v1 against a 0/5 Tryn because for all the dmg she does, 5 secs are an ETERNITY in games like LoL.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pr0Meister,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=soEJhNrq,comment-id=0082,timestamp=2016-11-24T23:10:00.246+0000) > And to all of you who claim, well learn to play all roles: a jack of all trades will beat a dedicated lane in a given role 1 out of 10 times probably. I have no intention of bringing anything but my most played and most internalized champs and roles in ranked. However, a jack of all trades will beat a dedicated laner 10 out of 10 times that dedicated laner doesn't get their dedicated role. What's better is that being a dedicated laner doesn't mean you have to suck at every other role. You won't be amazing at those roles, but you should know how to play them so you're not foundering helplessly when you don't get them. And, as an added bonus, you'll learn how those other roles work, where they fit in the game, and how their participation or lack thereof makes the game flow. Someone who's never jungled might not understand why the level 4 Warwick isn't ganking because they have no idea Warwick can't gank well before level 6, just as an ADC who has never played support might not understand why their support is behaving strangely until they play that support and learn that support doesn't play how they thought. > [{quoted}](name=Pr0Meister,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=soEJhNrq,comment-id=007c0000,timestamp=2016-11-24T23:13:20.713+0000) > > To think we were living the dream for a short while and no one ever complained about roles in champ select last season. They complained about queue times instead, especially at higher levels of play. Wasn't unusual for League streamers to essentially host gaming variety shows as they played other games while waiting for a 45-minute queue. This was mainly because nobody picked Support or Fill, and to a lesser extent Jungler. The autofill change is there to address this problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Trylobyte,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=soEJhNrq,comment-id=00820000,timestamp=2016-11-24T23:18:18.077+0000) > > However, a jack of all trades will beat a dedicated laner 10 out of 10 times that dedicated laner doesn't get their dedicated role. > > What's better is that being a dedicated laner doesn't mean you have to suck at every other role. You won't be amazing at those roles, but you should know how to play them so you're not foundering helplessly when you don't get them. And, as an added bonus, you'll learn how those other roles work, where they fit in the game, and how their participation or lack thereof makes the game flow. Someone who's never jungled might not understand why the level 4 Warwick isn't ganking because they have no idea Warwick can't gank well before level 6, just as an ADC who has never played support might not understand why their support is behaving strangely until they play that support and learn that support doesn't play how they thought. Yes, but a striker shouldn't be expected to be a goalkeeper and the goalie shouldn't be the one chosen for the critical penalty. One-trick ponies, as much as anyone can trully focus on one champ without dying of boredom work for a reason. Find a champ, whose playstyle fits you, finds 2-3 more who are silimar and spam the shit of that role untill you climb. Hell, that's why it's a surprise when Youtubers upload a ranked game video that isn't featuring their main. Sp4zie is Vel'Koz/Syndra/Karma almost always, Trick can't handle anything that isn't right-click tanky and not good at breaching, Gbay always plays Irelia-types top etc etc And we've all seen the videos where they try off-champs in off-roles and it's like we are watching Bronzies, meaning games where players end up playing sub-optimal picks **don't accurately reflect their real skills. ** A game where EVERY player gets to play their BEST/SECOND-BEST champ/role is the only game that accurately reflects whether the given players is bronze/silver/gold/plat/dia etc
Dr Poro (EUW)
: As someone who used to fill before season 6, I really like autofill. During season 6, it was completely useless to train more than 2 roles (other than getting to learn them so you can be a better teamplayer). Why would I improve at ADC if I know I won't be picking it? The mistake that Riot made was to think that solo Q = competitive 5v5 where every player plays one role for their entire life (except xpeke). I'm glad that the ability to fill once again has a meaning on the ladder. Also, keep in mind that when someone would 'turn off autofill', this would not only increase their own queue time, but the queue time of everyone else as well. It's not just about you, it's for the entire playerbase where everyone needs to contribute.
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Poro,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=soEJhNrq,comment-id=007c,timestamp=2016-11-24T18:32:35.169+0000) > > As someone who used to fill before season 6, I really like autofill. During season 6, it was completely useless to train more than 2 roles (other than getting to learn them so you can be a better teamplayer). Why would I improve at ADC if I know I won't be picking it? The mistake that Riot made was to think that solo Q = competitive 5v5 where every player plays one role for their entire life (except xpeke). > > I'm glad that the ability to fill once again has a meaning on the ladder. > > Also, keep in mind that when someone would 'turn off autofill', this would not only increase their own queue time, but the queue time of everyone else as well. It's not just about you, it's for the entire playerbase where everyone needs to contribute. But honestly, what was bad with people finally being able to play one/two roles they are really good at? Investing it all in one/two roles with 2-3 champs each is always going to lead to better performances than a wide range jack of all stats approach. To think we were living the dream for a short while and no one ever complained about roles in champ select last season.
: Sorry, but I'm not autofilling.
The thing is, it's not jsut about support. I got smack-dab autofilled into Jungle, the one rule I have no effing idea how to play. And I was a big part of the loss of my team in a game I could have possibly carried had I been mid/adc, hell even supp (many mids can supp decently). But the next game I get my choice, some other guy is gonna be forced into a bad role. And then its a lottery which team gets more players with roles closer to their preferences. And to all of you who claim, well learn to play all roles: a jack of all trades will beat a dedicated lane in a given role 1 out of 10 times probably. I have no intention of bringing anything but my most played and most internalized champs and roles in ranked.
Show more

Pr0Meister

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion