: What is the story behind your summoner name?
So uhhh quite an awkward story here... I used to play a warlock on WoW called 'Spellbane' and my name would sometimes get typo'd as 'Spellbabe' which I always found kinda funny. Anyways when my friends started playing League I really wasn't interested but they were persistent in getting me to try it so I relucantly agreed to make an account and stubbornly called myself Spellbabe as I was sure I wouldn't be doing more than a couple games and never touch the game again. Turns out I really liked the game! I kinda regretted not picking a more serious name though, but then I ended up playing with some guy in one game and he was really friendly.... "Too" friendly. After doing a few more games with him and with him constantly making not-so-subtle advances towards me I realised that yeah... Probably about time I change my name, I had to break it to the poor lad that I was actually a guy irl, strangely enough he didn't wanna play anymore games with me after that. :( So in the end I just went with a character I loved from the ace attorney series. I can probably count on my fingers how many times anyone has made a comment about it in game, but it always makes me smile when they do! :]
: Oh boy, who could have foreseen [*thing that happens any time a fictional character is gay*] happening? The "I don't have a problem with gay people, but why do you have to shove it in my face?" brand of homophobia really is the best!! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Luxanna Magica,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=0024,timestamp=2018-11-20T03:44:43.283+0000) > The "I don't have a problem with gay people, but why do you have to shove it in my face?" brand of homophobia really is the best!! > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} Funny because my friend who is gay also happens to be against characters having a hamfisted LGBT label slapped on them merely to tick off a box on the diversity checklist. Guess he must be a homophobe too! {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} Personally I can't help but feel that a playful, childlike character wasn't exactly the most suitable character to explore these themes. But I guess Neeko just happened to be the next character in the pipeline after Riot got blasted by Kotaku so it couldn't be helped.
Pale Mask (EUW)
: So, Netflix is supposedly going to cast a non-white actress as Ciri for their Witcher show
The problem here is that they are specifically limiting the casting to BAME actresses, by not even allowing whites to audition (which is the race that Ciri canonically is) the notion that they're just hiring the best actress for the job goes out the window and proves without a shadow of a doubt it is being done purely to drive an agenda.
: Honest question. Why do any of you give a fuck? Seriously. I am baffled that this shit caused this much outrage. Are you that offended that Riot made one event for women or one moron (DZK) said some stupid shit? Do you guys instantly quit or go off on someone when you're flamed in league? I'll never understand internet outrage over shit that will never have any effect on their lives, besides when it comes to politics, human rights and all that jazz. Though I'm probably a hypocrite for posting this at all, it's been like 5 days I keep waiting for this shit to go away so I can read threads about the game again instead of the same drivel over and over.
> [{quoted}](name=SlowChemical,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wHTLsdYv,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-09-08T02:33:09.312+0000) > > Honest question. Why do any of you give a fuck? Seriously. I am baffled that this shit caused this much outrage. Are you that offended that Riot made one event for women or one moron (DZK) said some stupid shit? Do you guys instantly quit or go off on someone when you're flamed in league? > > I'll never understand internet outrage over shit that will never have any effect on their lives, besides when it comes to politics, human rights and all that jazz. Though I'm probably a hypocrite for posting this at all, it's been like 5 days I keep waiting for this shit to go away so I can read threads about the game again instead of the same drivel over and over. Because being "progressive" at the expense of white men is all the rage these days, more and more companies are wanting to focus more and more on diversity so if they see Riot not just catering to females, but outright BANNING males from a paid event and get away with it it sets a very dangerous precedent and we need to show not just Riot, but other companies that this really is not okay. Look at what happened with lootboxes, they were an anti-consumer practice that was running rampant for a long time but after a big enough fan outcry from... Well pretty much everyone they have almost become sort of a dirty word and developers are starting to not want to be associated with them anymore and aren't putting them in their games. Same deal here, kick up enough of a fuss so Riot, and any other developer doesn't want to try to discriminate based on gender, race or orientation ever again otherwise who knows where this madness might lead. Honestly I don't understand what's happening to this world anymore when I'm having to explain that segregation is a BAD thing and I'm seemingly in the minority here!
: I honestly doubt DZK got fired because people were raging. If an onslaught of angry people were all that was needed to get someone fired then i can't understand why Ghostcrawler and CertainlyT are still employed. Sanjuro got fired for something way smaller in scale and without any kind of group out for his head, if he actually thought he was gonna get away with that then he really was as dumb as he seemed.
> [{quoted}](name=Vriska Śerket,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-09-08T01:10:58.124+0000) > > I honestly doubt DZK got fired because people were raging. If an onslaught of angry people were all that was needed to get someone fired then i can't understand why Ghostcrawler and CertainlyT are still employed. Sanjuro got fired for something way smaller in scale and without any kind of group out for his head, if he actually thought he was gonna get away with that then he really was as dumb as he seemed. Because Ghostcrawler and CertainlyT, at worst, make questionable balancing decisions but at least are professional enough to not tell people to fuck off instead of having a discussion and retweeting for men to jump inside jet engines. It's actually surreal the shit he was spouting I can't believe it took this long for him to be fired. Don't worry about this fake outrage from people that likely do not even play the game, the majority of them are just reposting the same bias articles that conveniently are leaving out DZK's most inflammatory statements and being outraged without even bothering to ascertain the facts, hating big companies is cool. Just wait a few days and maybe CD Projekt Red will tweet out something they will twist the meaning of because these people need to be perpetually offended and they'll forget all about this and instead be threatening to cancel their imaginary Cyberpunk preorders again.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=AG3eOvXo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-07T13:48:00.710+0000) > > I mean, while League has a large cast of female characters, that doesn't really represent the entirety of gaming. Besides Life is Strange and Tomb Raider, can you name any more Single player, story-driven games which has a female protagonist? And no, games like Fallout 4 where you can choose a gender do not count as I consider it akin to picking a skin in game. There's no real depth to the character underneath. > > The only other games I can think of after wracking my brain are Xenosaga and Remember Me. Didn't play much of it). While I'm sure there are plenty out there, the main point is that they're buried under titles such as Call of Duty, Far Cry, GTA, and Halo. Trying to not name any that have already been mentioned: Final Fantasy 6 (You could argue that some of the females from other games in the series are the 'real' main characters of their game such as Garnet, Yuna and Ashe) Fear Effect 1&2 Parasite Eve 1&2 Resident Evil 3 Silent Hill 3 Mirror's Edge Borderlands the Pre-Sequel Gone Home What Remains of Edith Finch A Hat in Time Uncharted the Lost Legacy The Last of Us Part 2 & Left Behind DLC Kingdom Hearts 0.2 The Walking Dead season 2 (and arguably season 1) Could go on but I think you get the idea :P I still think this is all overblown though since I couldn't care less who I'm playing as, all I care about is if the game is good/fun to play.
: Let's chill with some Blitz!
I really appreciate you stepping into the lion's den where many wouldn't and trying to maybe show us that the past few days has perhaps been due to a very vocal minority belonging to Riot and that the majority of you folks are very fine guys and gals. I'm fairly sure you'll find that there's plenty of reasonable folks here and that maybe tensions were flaring a little since between the radio silence held by Riot and the censorship over on Reddit we weren't sure our voices were being heard, I'm sure you'll have some great games! While I would love to join you guys because it sounds like an interesting experience, I'd love to be able to play with a Rioter because it's something I've never done as you folks are especially rare over the pond here on EUW, but I only have a level 10 NA account and would probably suffer from ping problems, not to mention a few other problems I'd rather not get into here. Since there's a limited number of spots I'd hate to take an opportunity away from someone else right now, maybe next time! Again, this is the first time I've seen a Rioter organizing something like this for the community, and it's great to see! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: I’m honestly disappointed that this now sets the precedent incessant spamming and whining will “get our way” now.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wHTLsdYv,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-09-07T20:32:39.763+0000) > > I’m honestly disappointed that this now sets the precedent incessant spamming and whining will “get our way” now. Not sure why you're only just disappointed because that precedent was set a looooooong time before this
: Akali and Shen walk into a bar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_in_the_workplace
Mas17 (EUW)
: DZKled
Pretty fitting actually, look at some of Kled's voice lines, I can totally imagine Daniel screeching these Kled-style at the male player base: "Get off my lawn!" "Don't interrupt me! I'm trying to start a fight!" "You are perturbing my tranquility!" "Damn trespassers!" "Why ain't they saluting me? They should be saluting me! Salute me now!" "He looked at me funny! Get him." "You just justified a preemptive retaliatory strike!" "I am justified, and I am armed!" And my personal favourite "You get my invitation to visit? No? 'cause there ain't one!" And these are only Kled's _attacking while mounted_ lines, I didn't bother going any deeper
EkyonKun (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zUXgl3ts,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-06T12:40:24.481+0000) > > did you just assume ____ gender?! Actually he explicitly says on his Twitter he goes by "He/Him" https://twitter.com/danielzklein?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor So no assumptions were made this day.
> [{quoted}](name=EkyonKun,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zUXgl3ts,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-09-06T16:01:21.545+0000) > > Actually he explicitly says on his Twitter he goes by "He/Him" > > https://twitter.com/danielzklein?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor > > So no assumptions were made this day. Well of course he does, I'm sure someone as narcassistic as him would distance himself from the "moron chromosomes" as much as he can
Gramps69 (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Gramps69,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7fUm4A0,comment-id=000400000002,timestamp=2018-09-06T16:12:26.847+0000) > > Grow the hell up. He hit the nail right on the head calling all of you dirtbags manbabies. Quit crying over shit that doesn't affect you at all. FFS I just wanna go to these boards for Yasuo/Zoe/Zed is OP circlejerks, not this constant cyclone of shit. So why are you even here? If you didn't notice this is a community board, and the community is currently discussing how a certain someone is encouraging a large percentage of that community to kill itself. If you really wanted your Yasuo/Zoe/Zed circlejerks you can still have them, gameplay and balance boards are that way ------>
: Actual reason for riot silence.
What if they're using the DD/MM format? We'll never get an answer!
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: You can't be real right now
But Daniel acted with the utmost of respe- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/241742632961703948/486965230166081540/9hmawZq.png .....Ah.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o93L8sej,comment-id=000300000000000200000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-05T18:38:30.878+0000) > > You really don't understand the differences between complaining about a few, specific customers in a private setting and scolding, berating, and belittling 90%+ of one's customers in a public setting? There is no difference. Theres no such thing as a "private setting" anymore. Plus, lets be real, while people do complain about specific examples, people also complain about groups. Hell, customer supports job is to assume the customer is an idiot, because if you assume they ugged their computer in and tried turning it on, youll spend an hour troubleshooting stupidity.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o93L8sej,comment-id=0003000000000002000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-05T18:42:34.837+0000) > > There is no difference. Theres no such thing as a "private setting" anymore. Plus, lets be real, while people do complain about specific examples, people also complain about groups. Hell, customer supports job is to assume the customer is an idiot, because if you assume they ugged their computer in and tried turning it on, youll spend an hour troubleshooting stupidity. The difference is visibility, if you're just an average Joe working at Walmart bagging groceries and you complain about the customers you deal with on your social media it will _probably_ slip under the radar since I doubt many Walmart shoppers follow their cashiers on twitter. Even then, this cashier is hardly representative of Walmart as a whole as they only work at 1 store out of the 4177 that are in the US, but if their words were deemed to cause damage to Walmart's image you can bet your ass they'd be released. Now compare with Riot, the difference here is this is a massive **online** game played by millions of people and with a large Esports scene meaning their **online** presence is viewed under a magnifying glass. Riot recently had attention drawn to themselves after the story of their workplace environment dropped. And then after claiming to stand against sexism claimed that they were barring entry to men at a PAX event less than 2 days later. When people were outraged at this and went to try and get answers the only answer that anyone got was from one employee going off on a tirade directly against the player base and aggressively defending Riot's stance. Whether he intended it or not, in absence of an official statement from Riot his words have now been taken as representative of the company as a whole. DZK isn't working at some small store in some small town, he is representing the company as a whole and in full view of the playerbase, Riot's silence is NOT helping the matter as the longer DZK's tweets remain as the only "official" statement we've seen regarding the matter then the deeper the communities' discontent will fester, and since Riot hasn't done anything to condemn what he has said we can only be left to believe that the company is in full support of him.
Yago (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Auroramancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QhjEhxsR,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-04T15:31:05.164+0000) > > Daily reminder to not forget Riot's actions at PAX and the inflammatory behavior shown by Rioter Daniel Z. Klein. > > http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/24314161/riot-games-responds-report-alleging-sexual-harassment > > Remember when Raven Keene was let go by Riot Games? Above is the statement released by Riot regarding the issue, as well as statements of their values and examples of behavior they don't find acceptable. > > Guess who has violated those values and displayed unacceptable examples of behavior? Rioter Daniel Z. Klein. I'm not calling for action to be taken against him here, we all know what he's said. Take a look at Riot's public stance on certain behaviors. > > https://i.imgur.com/Xauq3ik.png[/img] > > https://i.imgur.com/gIUMSn7.png[/img] > > Crossing the line from assertive to aggressive? Check. > > https://i.imgur.com/1X2W9gm.png[/img] > > Discrimination, retaliation, bullying, and general toxicity? Check. > > https://i.imgur.com/7aEQFfe.png[/img] > > https://i.imgur.com/9zgQ6Qj.png[/img] > > Riot unable to achieve their goals of being a player-focused, non-discriminating, and equal opportunity company with Daniel, someone who condones sex-based discrimination and openly retaliates and bullies the playerbase, as a member of their team? CHECK. > > If Riot is going to be issuing a statement on what happened at PAX and the whole Daniel Z. Klein situation, do not let them get off with fence-sitting. > > I've seen Riot say this so many times with regard to game balance or in-game events. DO NOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH SAYING "WE MISSED THE MARK" THIS FOR DISCRIMINATION. We need a genuine retraction and apology... > > When it comes to toxic Rioters, Riot is fine with saying "we have to let <name> go, because we cannot meet our goals with <name> on our team". They can say this with Daniel Z. Klein if they decide to let him go. > > "We have taken disciplinary action, and cannot disclose said action" will be totally bullshit, since they said what they did with Raven Keene. > > Hold all Rioters accountable to the same standard. > > Hold Riot accountable for letting this happen, and for allowing Rioters to treat the playerbase like this. > > Sexism and bullying toward the playerbase is not acceptable. Daily reminder that this is blatantly harassment. Fact of the matter is, y'all wouldn't be upset if you guys weren't bigots.
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QhjEhxsR,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-09-05T05:37:28.732+0000) > > Daily reminder that this is blatantly harassment. > > Fact of the matter is, y'all wouldn't be upset if you guys weren't **bigots.** I wish I had a magic buzzword I could lazily throw out regardless of context in order to feel like I automatically hold the moral high ground in any discussion too... {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ef4sXQcc,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-09-04T16:54:11.658+0000) > > The difference here is, look at the defense. Once verifiable women actually started speaking up who was defending sexist actions at Riot? This was a blatant sexist move that people still refuse to acknowledge as sexist and stand by it as proud and inclusive. there is no difference, the league community treated both sexism as bad as each other op wants to make it look people care more about sexism towards women at first , i thought that the room for women only was fine and then with the massive uproar and my friends explaining why it isn't i realised that riot were treating men like shit so don't tell me "imagine what would have happened" it's not hard to realise that the same outrage would have happened not more not less
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ef4sXQcc,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:25:57.166+0000) > > there is no difference, the league community treated both sexism as bad as each other > op wants to make it look people care more about sexism towards women > at first , i thought that the room for women only was fine and then with the massive uproar and my friends explaining why it isn't i realised that riot were treating men like shit > > so don't tell me "imagine what would have happened" it's not hard to realise that the same outrage would have happened > > not more > not less I agree with you, the playerbase would likely have acted with a similar amount of disgust If women were banned instead. Keyword being 'playerbase' Imagine how many outraged articles would have sprung up online if Riot had made a PAX panel for men only. But since it was female only the media silence has been deafening...
: > [{quoted}](name=Prosecutor Godot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QhjEhxsR,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:54:37.193+0000) > > "defending women" you say? > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7Yo8BLvvc&feature=youtu.be > > How do you feel about this? Sorry you think I'm gonna watch a 6 min video that's totally irrelevant? What he said on twitter labor day weekend was correct. Ad hominem bullshit is not relevant.
> [{quoted}](name=EROTIC RAID BOSS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QhjEhxsR,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:57:04.393+0000) > > Sorry you think I'm gonna watch a 6 min video that's totally irrelevant? "Totally irrelevant" and yet you didn't even watch the video. It's fine, I expected nothing less.
: Riot did the right thing and so did Klein. Every single piece of shit asking for him to be fired for defending women and the panel they held, or because he called a bunch of entitled sexists babies, which is absolutely accurate, needs to shut up
> [{quoted}](name=EROTIC RAID BOSS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QhjEhxsR,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:39:39.102+0000) > > Riot did the right thing and so did Klein. > > Every single piece of shit asking for him to be fired for defending women and the panel they held, or because he called a bunch of entitled sexists babies, which is absolutely accurate, needs to shut up "defending women" you say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7Yo8BLvvc&feature=youtu.be How do you feel about this?
: Daniel Z Klein isn't the issue. The majority at Riot share his opinions.
I don't believe that's the case, you're telling me that Kotaku can release an article about how much of a "bro culture" there is at Riot and then in under a month all the employees are suddenly 'reformed' into man hating feminists? I think the more likely case is that what we're hearing is a vocal minority of Rioters speaking out because they feel like they are being righteous in their virtue signalling. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of Rioters don't agree with the new direction but are afraid to speak out out of fear of losing their jobs.
: @Riot Phreak pinned tweet > Bold prediction: North America will win worlds this year. @Froskurinn pinned tweet > I love reading about straight guys debating if I'm attractive or not. > Mate, go ask your girlfriend. This is honestly just unprofessional. If you want to be treated equally how about you stop showing off your sexuality so aggressively in public. It's not normal to do that, it always looks like these persons are overcompensating and it's not received well and as a result they end up excluding themselves. When I think of Phreak I think he does great patch rundowns and he is a great caster with a lot experience. Phreak might be gay for all I know, I don't care about that. Froskurinn is an extravagantly styled woman who want's everyone to know the she is lesbian.... also seems to have the tendency to speak louder than everyone else.
> [{quoted}](name=FixHealsRemoveGW,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7JMZRAA5,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-09-02T08:26:55.743+0000) > > @Riot Phreak > pinned tweet > Bold prediction: North America will win worlds this year. > @Froskurinn > pinned tweet I love reading about straight guys debating if I'm attractive or not. Mate, go ask your girlfriend. > > This is honestly just unprofessional. I completely agree, Phreak is way out of line here :^) But seriously, Whether you agree with their politics or not, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that white males makes up a rather sizable chunk of the LoL playerbase and I'm just trying to wrack my head trying to figure out on what planet is it good business sense to endorse employees unabashedly posting racist and sexist statements online, even when it isn't to the detriment to the majority of the playerbase?! I believe we have precedent here, you only need to look to the ArenaNet drama. Or if you want something a little closer to home remember how swiftly Sanjuro was removed after he made disgusting comments about ONE member of the community? And Sanjuro's comments weren't even made in a place with as much public visibility as on an open twitter account. Riot has gone on the record saying: _**No one and nothing is sacred.** We are prepared to make big changes and have begun taking action against specific cases, including removal of Rioters,_ I guess the coming week will be Riot's first big test where we will see if all that was said was just empty words, or if they really are serious in eliminating any and all sexism from within the company.
: So blatant sexism against men now at riot.
I was a little skeptical when I read this part of the article Riot put out a few days ago: _"Third-Party Evaluation: We have engaged two leading consultants on culture change to provide us with their expertise and recommendations as we rebuild Riot’s culture. Our goal isn’t just to be good; it’s to become a leader on diversity, inclusion, and culture. We’re asking them to develop mechanisms to measure our progress and hold us accountable against this objective."_ This sexist, hypocritical and regressive decision from Riot to ban males from a **fan event **sounds like something that Anita Sarkeesian would suggest, I have to wonder if it's related to these 'consultants' and Riot's apparent goal to become leaders of diversity and exclusion, the timing is just too much of a coincidence.
A Yeti (NA)
: {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} News flash: you can't be sexist to men. Also you can't be racist to white people. Because women nor people of color have never held a prominently higher form of power where they were able to change the social structure of how white people are treated shittier or where men were treated worse. It's not about raising women above men it's about bringing them up to the same standard to men. So how about you stop acting like a spoiled brat and shut the hell up.
> [{quoted}](name=A Yeti,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qTWWnZ2E,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-09-01T17:06:55.125+0000) > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} > > News flash: you can't be sexist to men. > Also you can't be racist to white people. > > Because women nor people of color have never held a prominently higher form of power where they were able to change the social structure of how white people are treated shittier or where men were treated worse. > > It's not about raising women above men it's about bringing them up to the same standard to men. So how about you stop acting like a spoiled brat and shut the hell up. I was about to upvote you, but then carried on reading and I realised you were actually serious lmao. Imagine thinking this.
NotSid (NA)
: For the first hour and a half, this thread will only be open to men
Hilariously enough, this thread is actually less sexist than Riot, and you were being facetious! If you look at the schedule for room 613 it says activities begin at 10am, and men are only permitted entry 4 hours and 30 minutes later for "meditation" and the only activity left after that is a Riot IRL AMA. I'm so hoping the first question that is asked at the AMA is from a man asking "why was I forced to stand outside for over 4 hours?" This is absolutely abhorrent.
: New announcer is terribad
I'm on EUW so we have Quickshot and Sjokz and I gotta say I really like it, I was confused at first and thought it was Xayah and Rakan announcing for some reason lol. Then again I really dislike the default announcer and just hope they hurry up and let us buy a different announcer pack. I'd probably snatch up the Gangplank one in a heartbeat (especially if it comes with that butcher's bridge theme, Rito pls!)
: Games feel a little faster, but I certainly don't seem to have 15 minute games like you guys claim.
I actually spectated a game that was full of challengers featured on the front page earlier that literally ended in 15 minutes. Like the nexus went down just 15 minutes in. I think The ADC only had 1 complete item. This is absolutely disgusting, I couldn't even finish a bot game this quick last season. So... Yeah it's happening.
Azurada (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Solomon Money,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E9V1MGvL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-07-25T02:01:55.433+0000) > > {{champion:432}} > > *erotic music whenever something happens* > > would pay $$$ for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZxLlirprF0
: I Just Met the Friendliest Opponent Ever
I have a similar experience, funnily enough it was a Vlad player also. Anywho it was a teambuilder game and I saw that they had a platinum Vlad against our unranked Talon, my immediate thought was GG matchmaking Rito followed by groaning at the thought of this Vlad getting really fed and dominating the game and being an ass in all chat. Boy was I wrong. Vlad started talking to us in all chat throughout the game, fairly early on wishing us "GL HF :)"and the like, meanwhile I had Talon flaming me for not ganking enough and it was "too late now" because Vlad hit level 6 or 7 and i'd only ganked his lane 3 times so far. The Talon started flaming pretty much everyone on the team and it spilled into all chat, Vlad came to our defence telling him to chill out as it was only a normal game afterall. Anyways we were getting beat badly and the enemy got baron and made their way onto our Nexus, the enemy Thresh decided to take it upon himself to say "gg easy" as they were taking our nexus turrets, unfortunately for him we all got back up and put a stop to the win, "doesn't matter we won anyway :)" (anyone notice how it's always the worst players on the team that trash talk?) anyways this must've lit a fire inside everyone on our team because we spent the next 20 minutes fighting off backdoor attempts on our open nexus while picking up kills and securing objectives and just hanging in there. By this point Vlad told us Thresh had started flaming his own team now, anyway we had a very long fought game of just trying to survive and it must've been about 20 minutes and 2 barons to our team later that we managed to ace them and have enough time to push down mid and take their nexus for the win, as we were on the way there Vlad said "To be honest i'm glad we lost, you don't even deserve to win Thresh." And i've gotta say even though it was only a teambuilder game it was one of the most satisfying wins i've ever had and props to Vlad for being incredibly chill for the entire game through both the good times and the bad. Makes me feel a tad guilty that originally I was discriminating him based upon his rank in relation to ours and assumed he'd act like an asshole, nothing was further from the truth <3
: This just shows this community whines before even testing it out.... They lowered his mana costs across the board His Q is now*(edit) stronger than ever because it's like a Lux Q that means ***he can gain 2 AP from 1 Q now*** (Except his Q does full dmg to both targets) So they compensated that by taking .2 ap ratio off his already high dmg ult.... like what are you guys complaining about?? This is why riot doesn't listen to the community half the times because this is a straight buff to Veigar all around
What? Nobody is even complaining about the Q change in fact many seem to be happy with the change so far, i'm going to reserve judgment for when I actually get to try it for myself though. The R nerf is merely the cherry on top of the shit sundae we're being served with the new W and E, those are where the complaints lie, and they are anything but buffs.
: Remember when Riot said Veigar was gonna get COMPENSATED for DFG removal?
I just dont understand... I think somewhere along the way the intention of giving compensation for the loss of DFG was completely lost, by no definition of the word can these changes be considered "compensation." Long wall o' text ahead: Veigar already lost a chunk of his burst with the removal of DFG so why in blazes are you nerfing his ult scaling by another 0.2?! Veigar is meant to be THE quintessential burst mage, his entire role is to go in there and 100-0 a single enemy champion, why are you so against this? Just last patch you said you consider {{champion:238}} a "healthy assassin" and that he would be receiving nerfs due to the large outcry of the community but you assured us that he would still retain his ability to 100-0 his target. If it's ok for Zed with all of his mobility to 100-0 someone why not Veigar? especially since the removal of DFG Veigar often had to use his cage in order to be able to land his W which is needed to 100-0 an enemy champion. The problem here is that as a highly immobile mage E was his only source of self-peel as well so if he did commit to bursting a champion he would be left VERY vulnerable afterwards, whereas Zed even creates himself an escape route with his R after he has unloaded his burst. I have no idea how you can consider Zed healthy for the game and gave him 'nerfs' that were so slight I can't even call them a slap on the wrist and at the same time turn Veigar's "compensation" into an absolute merciless gutting of the champion. The changes to his E are too much Riot, I understand that counterplay and clarity are buzzwords that are all the rage right now, and I will concede that Event Horizon in it's current iteration feels unfair to play against when the Veigar has mastered being able to drop the wall onto you for an instant stun but 0.75s is WAY too long to telegraph where the walls will appear, this is longer than a {{champion:31}} Rupture which already feels like it takes an eternity to activate and you have to lead the enemy if you hope for it to land. How are we to expect anybody to not simply walk out of Event Horizon given the time it takes to set up, let alone somehow manage to walk into one of the telegraphed paper thin walls? Mobility creep is a very real thing and Veigar is a VERY vulnerable champion, the only reason he's even still considered viable is because he can peel himself with his E which is already a very difficult skillshot to land when a split second is the difference between life and death, if you don't land the edge of the wall on them you're as good as dead, with the new delay he is completely defenseless, considering many champions that are likely opponents he will face in the mid lane have a way to escape the cage and jump on Veigars face and feel free to harass/kill a now defenseless Veigar even SHOULD he manage to trap them inside it ({{champion:238}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:81}} and even if he's not against one of these, there's always good ol' {{summoner:4}} ) Saying that, what are the penalties of being trapped inside anyway? you say that it'll be a cool torture cage where Veigar can torment his victims by raining down W's as his opponent frantically tries to dodge them in a limited space, this sounds great.... *in theory.* the reality is however given the cooldown of W and the duration of the cage you will have the opportunity to throw... one W at them, and it is an extremely highly telegraphed, long casted small area of effect nuke which even inside the confines of the cage is simple to dodge, and that's about all you have. In its current iteration W NEEDS the opponent to be stunned for a long time, currently requiring at least 3 points in Event Horizon to increase the stun duration because its time before impact really is that damn long. I propose W needs to be looked at considering it's a huge part of Veigar's damage and yet it will be impossible to land and will just be relegated to a waveclear only ability if you simply must (and I implore that you don't) push Event Horizon through in this current state. As for his Q I really can't comment and I will have to see for myself, on a personal note I am sad to see Veigar become the latest victim of champion homogenization by becoming yet another champion with a projectile based skillshot ability on his Q. But I guess this is simply the direction Riot wants to take the game in now looking at the proposed {{champion:13}} rework information. As for Veigar I can see the change to his Q to have both positives and negatives: +Can hit 2 enemy champions at once +Longer range +Doesn't require vision of target to use +Increased ability to AP farm in the very early game by being able to last hit 2 minions with 1 Q (although nowhere near enough AP to compensate for the 0.2 hit so his ult ratio) -Subject to miss, meaning he loses MORE damage -Can now hide behind 2 minions to be safe from harass in lane -Longer cooldown at max ranks -Many Veigar's don't use Q as a farming tool early and instead opt to harrass the enemy champion out of lane with it, with the nerf to the ult scaling assuming you are using Q to farm AP players may be punished for this playstyle. As I said, it is simply too early to comment. (on a side note, as I use the Final Boss Veigar skin what happens when you last hit 2 minions with his Q? I imagine 2 overlapping "Ding!" sounds will sound grating, I hope it only plays once per Q cast or maybe has a different sound effect on the second kill.) TL;DR Please do not push these changes through into live without listening to the feedback of the community. Veigar is my favourite champion in the game, he is the only champion I have spent enough money on to buy a 1820 RP skin and I really do not want to be forced to stop playing him simply because he is not a viable character no longer. So I beg you, please do not do this. {{item:3070}} {{item:3070}}

Prosecutor Godot

Level 80 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion