datfatguy (OCE)
: Just revert Runes Reforged already
In my opinion, doubling the resistance and health runes and making them unstackable (so 20 armor at lvl 1 isn't a thing) would be a very good approach. We definitely need some tankiness back.
: Please add a Thresh Q-recast-time display
Pretty good idea actually. Thresh is my second-most played champion and I still sometimes misjudge the recast time on Q when I'm trying to pull myself in late.
Ákali exe (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6M5nBpl,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-12-08T19:54:23.720+0000) > > Sad, but true. I don't know why Riot is so allergic to making this game more strategic again. Cause it's battle royale. They said they can't make a mode so they're turning the main game into on one
> [{quoted}](name=Ákali exe,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6M5nBpl,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-12-08T23:21:31.668+0000) > > Cause it's battle royale. > They said they can't make a mode so they're turning the main game into on one They seriously said that? Got a source to this?
: im not usually one to agree with moodyP... but seriously guys.. nerf the op shit. the answer to "school shootings" isn't to give all the kids weapons so they can defend themselves. It's to make it so weapons are harder to get for lunatics. If ADC's are in a shitty spot becuase champions like {{champion:39}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:7}} can freaking 1 shot them... just like they can 1 shjot every other class in the game... outside for a full tank which take like like 4 shots to kill MAYBE we should be addressing THEM and not: saying "here take this bazooka to defend yourself from the school shooters". THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO THIS. "hi doctor.. i think i sprained my wrist". We can make you forgot about that... here let me chop off your legs" now you wont care about your wrist anymore" that should MAKE EVERYTHING ALL BETTER
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KYlK8LmE,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2018-12-08T17:40:28.296+0000) > > im not usually one to agree with moodyP... but seriously guys.. > > nerf the op shit. > > the answer to "school shootings" isn't to give all the kids weapons so they can defend themselves. it to make it so weapons are harder to get for lunatics. > > If ADC's are in a shitty spot becuase champions like {{champion:39}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:7}} can freaking 1 shot them... just like they can 1 shjot every other class in the game... outside for a full tank which take like like 4 shots to kill > > MAYBE we should be addressing THEM and not: > saying here take this "bazooka to defend yourself" from the school shooters. > > THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO THIS. > > "hi doctor.. i think i sprained my wrist". no proably we can make you forgot about that... here let me chop off your legs" now you wont care about your wrist anymore" that should MAKE EVERYTHING ALL BETTER Pretty good analogy actually.
: season 9, this is it
Sad, but true. I don't know why Riot is so allergic to making this game more strategic again.
: "This game is going to shit"-the quinn top after I solo killed her in lane as Aatrox
Dr Dog (NA)
: more like {{champion:24}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3111}} {{item:3812}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3508}} {{item:3053}}
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EXFnmBaj,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-05T17:51:28.610+0000) > > more like {{champion:24}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3111}} {{item:3812}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3508}} {{item:3053}} This. And we ALL know it's coming, yet Riot will ship the new DD. Prepare to get lampposted.
: 2nd Shiny ever!!
Awesome hatch, friend!
LazyW0lf (NA)
: I miss how strategic this game used to be
: Garen's in denial.
The "meteors" part killed me. Quality post.
: Dealing damage to enemy champions was, at some point, not a core part of the game? https://houseofgeekery.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/jackie-chan-whut.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Dayvigilante,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NJkQFdN7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-30T02:15:09.260+0000) > > Dealing damage to enemy champions was, at some point, not a core part of the game? > > https://houseofgeekery.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/jackie-chan-whut.jpg Someone did not get this post. Back to topic: it is sad, but true. Riot wants their game to be completely dumbed down, despite the community feeling miserable about it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=aFMbJX7U,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-11-29T01:36:50.057+0000) > > So you ruin almost all of the backgrounds to make a few of them look better? Point? > > Why not just only zoom in on the group splash arts? Someone has already gone over this > [{quoted}](name=MegaNoobNOT,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=aFMbJX7U,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T19:04:02.076+0000) > > Then only zoom in on the ones with shared splash arts.
> [{quoted}](name=ShadowBlades99,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=aFMbJX7U,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-29T05:17:30.353+0000) > > Someone has already gone over this Yeah, thanks. Probably because the answer is completely obvious.
: No, they specifically chose a focused view of the champion because sometimes the full splash art doesn't have the champion as the central point. For instance, this group splash: https://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Amumu_8.jpg As you'll notice, in this one, Amumu is to the very far right, and Nasus is the on far left. With the profile page laid out like it is, Nasus would be blocked by the banner on the left of your page. So it's not exactly as feasible to use the whole splash in this case since it conflicts with the UI of the profile page.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=aFMbJX7U,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-28T16:42:03.524+0000) > > No, they specifically chose a focused view of the champion because sometimes the full splash art doesn't have the champion as the central point. For instance, this group splash: > https://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Amumu_8.jpg > As you'll notice, in this one, Amumu is to the very far right, and Nasus is the on far left. With the profile page laid out like it is, Nasus would be blocked by the banner on the left of your page. So it's not exactly as feasible to use the whole splash in this case since it conflicts with the UI of the profile page. So you ruin almost all of the backgrounds to make a few of them look better? Point? Why not just only zoom in on the group splash arts?
KluPL (NA)
: A team of mine is making a new game based off League of Legends (MOBA)
Sounds good - I would definitely give it a try.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=000100030000,timestamp=2018-11-27T10:25:01.050+0000) > > -> continues to blame Korea and Riot. > > Well, as you can see, someone has a hard-on for these shitshows and is at fault and I don't believe Tencent has nothing to do with it, but we'll never really know. Did I blame Korea? It was just a pass-by comment that took a single paragraph, and it was used as a "btw" more than anything. I was very clearly blaming Riot as per the conclusion. And let's be utterly honest, no more games; the only reason why you are all excusing Riot and blaming on Tencent as your first instinct is because you see China and you go cray cray and "Rito is murica so it's always good and oppressed by evil XXX" or some shit along those lines. See it once, see you all. Let's not play hide and seek. Riot's fixation on flashy esport is nothing new. It dates as far back as Season 3. What we see today is the breaking of the camel's back after a long history of abuse, it's not some hostile espionage that forced Riot into a certain direction it was not going to. Riot has ALWAYS been a esport whore after the first 1-2 seasons, after the game really got off the ground. Esport ruined this game, as it did with countless others. It isn't the first time esport has ruined a game, and it won't be the last. Tencent or not, with or without Chinese, esport factually ruins games regardless and is the main and actual culprit. The fact you have to ring the problem of Riot sucking off esport ,onto Tencent with a bunch of flat out false rationalising claims (such as the often parroted that "Chinese wants shorter games", which is objectively false, because China has the world's largest playerbase of Dota/Dota2, a game with significantly longer game sessions, by a country mile), shows the kind of priority you have. The fact you lot are focusing on finding cheap scapegoats to smack your dick on instead of finding actual solutions to the actual problems, is very telling.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=0001000300000000,timestamp=2018-11-27T10:44:18.584+0000) > > Did I blame Korea? It was just a pass-by comment that took a single paragraph, and it was used as a "btw" more than anything. I was very clearly blaming Riot as per the conclusion. > > And let's be utterly honest, no more games; the only reason why you are all excusing Riot and blaming on Tencent as your first instinct is because you see China and you go cray cray and "Rito is murica so it's always good and oppressed by evil XXX" or some shit along those lines. See it once, see you all. Let's not play hide and seek. > > Riot's fixation on flashy esport is nothing new. It dates as far back as Season 3. What we see today is the breaking of the camel's back after a long history of abuse, it's not some hostile espionage that forced Riot into a certain direction it was not going to. Riot has ALWAYS been a esport whore after the first 1-2 seasons, after the game really got off the ground. > > Esport ruined this game, as it did with countless others. It isn't the first time esport has ruined a game, and it won't be the last. Tencent or not, with or without Chinese, esport factually ruins games regardless and is the main and actual culprit. > > The fact you have to ring the problem of Riot sucking off esport ,onto Tencent with a bunch of flat out false rationalising claims (such as the often parroted that "Chinese wants shorter games", which is objectively false, because China has the world's largest playerbase of Dota/Dota2, a game with significantly longer game sessions, by a country mile), shows the kind of priority you have. > > The fact you lot are focusing on finding cheap scapegoats to smack your dick on instead of finding actual solutions to the actual problems, is very telling. Holy shit. I don't even know where to start. All I'm gonna say is, as a European (Guten Tag), I am not the biggest fan of America, nor do I hate it, nor do country borders, prejudice or anything of that kind have anything to do with my comments. I am not looking for a scapegoat; I am looking for an explanation, as Riot does not give precise answers and acts completely contradictory. Even if you could call Tencent my "scapegoat", that would make Esports your scapegoat, I guess. Which statement holds truth? We probably will not know, because Riot seems to never reveal their true intentions. Furthermore, people playing Dota does not proof anything. I don't mean to sound rude, but apart from a concerning amount of negativity, your comments are kind of unsubstantial.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-26T16:45:24.856+0000) > > Yep, Tencent started forcing twenty-minute oneshot fiestas down our throat, because the average game time was too high for the Chinese internet café scene. > > Less people in China own decent computers it seems, so internet cafés aren't as unpopular and useless over there. When they pay for an hour, they get two or even three games for their money instead of one. I mean, the game quality is utter trash, but hey, mOrE gAmEs! > > So yeah, they murdered what League used to be for the sake of money. I mean, they will lose a lot more money in the long run, but nice try guys, keep it up. This same copy pasta conspiracy needs to stop. Internet cafe industry died in China a few years back, because contrary to what everyone likes to believe that China somehow has no personal computers or something, people indeed were playing games at home which caused the collapse of the local internet cafe industry. Its resurgence the last couple years were however, less about people wanting to game at the internet cafes, but more about people trying to watch video game tournaments live with other gamers. Not to mention, Dota/Dota2 is and has always been super popular in China more than anywhere else in the world. Dota's longer game length never bothered Chinese players, why would League's already faster pacing since its dawn remotely bother them? This constantly thrown around claim that Chinese players want shorter games is utter nonsense, because it does not add up to what's actually happening at all. This kind of "let's blame China just because it's easy, and we'll make up bullshit to rationalise it" needs to end. If anything, it is more likely that Riot is led by the Korean's habit of playing than Chinese players. Because it is very true that Korean players rarely ever touch Dota and similar games with longer game sessions, as well as use internet cafes more routinely than Chinese players for whatever reason. So if you have to blame someone, at least start with the more likely candidate. But whatever you want to speculate, this game's current state is simply due to Riot turning it into a TV show and a serious hard on for esports. Esports is what killed this game, as it has done with MANY others. Your silly little blame game can take a backseat.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=00010003,timestamp=2018-11-27T08:25:20.797+0000) > > Your silly little blame game can take a backseat. -> continues to blame Korea and Riot. Well, as you can see, someone has a hard-on for these shitshows and is at fault and I don't believe Tencent has nothing to do with it, but we'll never really know.
Talh (NA)
: I am now a Forumer, NOT a Summoner
Big thank you for sharing your opinion. You and me, just like thousands of other summoners, feel the same way about this game we used to love so much and I am glad these people decided to be heard.
Leetri (EUW)
: If Tencent really was behind this, don't you think this would've happened back in 2011 when Tencent bought 93% of Riot?
> [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-11-26T17:58:04.762+0000) > > If Tencent really was behind this, don't you think this would've happened back in 2011 when Tencent bought 93% of Riot? They began this approach as soon as League started gaining popularity in China. It doesn't make sense to risk the games' popularity just to _maybe_ appeal to its Chinese audience, so they probably focused on advertising it first, then figuring out the needs of their new customers (mainly shorter game times). Also, I think the buy up of a company is a process that takes years. They are trying to satisfy China's and the rest of the world's needs all at once right now, which clearly does not work.
dramenbejs (EUNE)
: Reason why this game is getting worse and worse
Yep, Tencent started forcing twenty-minute oneshot fiestas down our throat, because the average game time was too high for the Chinese internet café scene. Less people in China own decent computers it seems, so internet cafés aren't as unpopular and useless over there. When they pay for an hour, they get two or even three games for their money instead of one. I mean, the game quality is utter trash, but hey, mOrE gAmEs! So yeah, they murdered what League used to be for the sake of money. I mean, they will lose a lot more money in the long run, but nice try guys, keep it up.
Yenn (NA)
: Does anyone at Diamond feel that there has been any improvement to games?
Nope. In my opinion, this game turned into a braindead oneshot-fiesta twelve months ago and continued to stay that way. Games are decided ten minutes in and as soon as turret plating falls off, they snowball out of control. Strategic teamfights turned into three seconds of button mashing and the calm aspect, the part I loved about League the most, completely vanished. Get seen/hit first, die. This has been the case for twelve months and if this pre-season does not change anything about it, I will call it quits after six years of playing.
: And for the 100. time I will repeat myself - yes the boards were always crying for balance, but unlike seasons 1-4 when we cried just about specific items or champions, now we are crying about broad terms like damage, cc, mobility, towers etc. which are core gameplay elements. Once those are fucked up EVERY game sucks a massive dick. I could have had a game in season 3 without Kassadin and it was fun as hell. Now it doesn't matter if I play against Akali and Irelia or against Volibear and Ivern , the game SUCKS , its frustrating, annoying, rage inducing, it honestly makes me want to break my laptop in half and the only reason I still play is the money invested into skins on my accounts. I want the actual league, the best game in the world, to come back , but at this point I give it 2-3 years before it dies or gets murdered by a new game that actually takes more than 17 IQ to play and is based on strategy.
> [{quoted}](name=DoktorKaiser,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6kenkfsa,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-26T11:38:11.074+0000) > > And for the 100. time I will repeat myself - yes the boards were always crying for balance, but unlike seasons 1-4 when we cried just about specific items or champions, now we are crying about broad terms like damage, cc, mobility, towers etc. which are core gameplay elements. Once those are fucked up EVERY game sucks a massive dick. I could have had a game in season 3 without Kassadin and it was fun as hell. Now it doesn't matter if I play against Akali and Irelia or against Volibear and Ivern , the game SUCKS , its frustrating, annoying, rage inducing, it honestly makes me want to break my laptop in half and the only reason I still play is the money invested into skins on my accounts. I want the actual league, the best game in the world, to come back , but at this point I give it 2-3 years before it dies or gets murdered by a new game that actually takes more than 17 IQ to play and is based on strategy. This exactly. Sure, the game LoOkS gReAt because the art department is awesome. Amazing music, breath-taking splasharts and in-game models. The game itself right now though? An utter pile of garbage. A braindead oneshot fiesta, teamfights last three seconds and neither losing nor winning feels even remotely satisfying. It's like saying you should be happy because the girl you married is still a hot babe, but she turned into an abusive, back-stabbing bitch twelve months ago and you feel miserable.
CytheGuy (NA)
: Kinda fun to watch the Boards right about now
Buddy, after a whole of this game being a braindead oneshot fiesta and Riot agreeing to the fact that damage is too high, nothing has changed. They already had twelve months to fix the shitshow they created themselves, not just pre-season 9. With their first try (after a year of complaints in) being a complete failure and step in the opposite direction, of course the community is pissed and demotivated.
: If Riot isn't listening after the first three times, they won't be likely listening from the seventh time onwards. It borders on spamming.
> [{quoted}](name=Kelvyan Blade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uY8W3tfn,comment-id=0018000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-25T23:40:11.113+0000) > > If Riot isn't listening after the first three times, they won't be likely listening from the seventh time onwards. It borders on spamming. I think I will keep going. Thanks for the advice though.
: If Season 9 continues as this Preseason is showing, I might as well call it quits
I feel you. If League does not change significantly until pre-season ends, I already decided to pack my bags as well. After six years of playing. I endured twelve months of utter frustration and can not take the shitshow my former favorite game has become anymore. I loved this game with all my heart before season 8 turned it into this braindead oneshot-fiesta. It is mindblowing what kind of unstoppable force is keeping Riot from reverting this pile of garbage. I guess it is the Chinese internet café scene and Tencent demanding to stay with unsatisfying, brainless twenty-minute oneshot fiestas. It's okay, Riot. Just let it die already. End its suffering. Not that this game holds years of beautiful memories and feelings. It's not like you are destroying a completely legit hobby of people that gave them goals to achieve, new friends to meet, endless hours of fun. Yes, I am thankful for that. It was free after all. I was so thankful, I spent thousands of Euros on this game, sometimes just to show my gratitude. Before turning the gaming love of my life into this abomination, just kill her already.
: Fuck this game, I'm actually just done with the fact that you people at Riot are beyond incompetent
I pretty much started copypasting my thoughts under threads like this one, because it got hard for me to phrase it differently everytime after repeating myself over and over again without actually being heard by Riot. I want to push these kinds of posts by sharing my point of view and I am glad they are increasing in numbers. > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LwjlQoeN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-24T00:11:35.852+0000) > > It is so fucking sad. I loved this game up until season 7 ended, with all my heart. I was completely passionate about it for five years, non-stop. This changed twelve months ago. >Starting season 8, League turned into a oneshot fiesta and a lot of champions lost their identities. Everyone deals a massive amount of damage and everyone can splitpush. Strategic teamfights turned into three seconds of button mashing. The calm aspect of the game, the part I loved most, completely vanished. Get seen/hit first, die. We became a Call of Duty MOBA. >For the first time in my life, almost every game of League felt empty, unsatisfying or frustrating. I kept telling myself: 'be patient, there has always been rough patches.' I kept telling this to myself for twelve months. I thought something similar to the old rune system would finally return, but this pre-season is a joke as well. >After agreeing that damage is too high (almost a year of complaints in), Riot releases the new Dark Harvest, just shifts the rune stat bonuses somewhere else and introduces completely inefficient defensive stats that are not worth taking instead of adding a true buff to overall defense. >I can not take another year of frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. >I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen. Easiest solution with a guaranteed chance of success in my opinion: **revert Runes Reforged**.
: Balance suggestions! For free!
These changes sound very reasonable. In my opinion, Riot should just completely revert the rune system and champion base stats and make runes free. The damage state of League has reached disgustingly absurd levels. I started calling it a Call of Duty MOBA. Get seen/hit first, die.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: I played Lol when it just released. I severely dislike that...
I completely agree. I pretty much started copypasting my thoughts under threads like this one, because it got hard for me to phrase it differently everytime after repeating myself over and over again without actually being heard by Riot. I want to push these kinds of posts by sharing my point of view and I am glad they are increasing in numbers. > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LwjlQoeN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-24T00:11:35.852+0000) > > It is so fucking sad. I loved this game up until season 7 ended, with all my heart. I was completely passionate about it for five years, non-stop. This changed twelve months ago. >Starting season 8, League turned into a oneshot fiesta and a lot of champions lost their identities. Everyone deals a massive amount of damage and everyone can splitpush. Strategic teamfights turned into three seconds of button mashing. The calm aspect of the game, the part I loved most, completely vanished. Get seen/hit first, die. We became a Call of Duty MOBA. >For the first time in my life, almost every game of League felt empty, unsatisfying or frustrating. I kept telling myself: 'be patient, there has always been rough patches.' I kept telling this to myself for twelve months. I thought something similar to the old rune system would finally return, but this pre-season is a joke as well. >After agreeing that damage is too high (almost a year of complaints in), Riot releases the new Dark Harvest, just shifts the rune stat bonuses somewhere else and introduces completely inefficient defensive stats that are not worth taking instead of adding a true buff to overall defense. >I can not take another year of frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. >I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen.
: What happened to reducing damage in pre-season Riot???
I pretty much started copypasting my thoughts under threads like this one, because it got hard for me to phrase it differently everytime after repeating myself over and over again without actually being heard by Riot. I want to push these kinds of posts by sharing my point of view and I am glad they are increasing in numbers. > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LwjlQoeN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-24T00:11:35.852+0000) > > It is so fucking sad. I loved this game up until season 7 ended, with all my heart. I was completely passionate about it for five years, non-stop. This changed twelve months ago. >Starting season 8, League turned into a oneshot fiesta and a lot of champions lost their identities. Everyone deals a massive amount of damage and everyone can splitpush. Strategic teamfights turned into three seconds of button mashing. The calm aspect of the game, the part I loved most, completely vanished. Get seen/hit first, die. We became a Call of Duty MOBA. >For the first time in my life, almost every game of League felt empty, unsatisfying or frustrating. I kept telling myself: 'be patient, there has always been rough patches.' I kept telling this to myself for twelve months. I thought something similar to the old rune system would finally return, but this pre-season is a joke as well. >After agreeing that damage is too high (almost a year of complaints in), Riot releases the new Dark Harvest, just shifts the rune stat bonuses somewhere else and introduces completely inefficient defensive stats that are not worth taking instead of adding a true buff to overall defense. >I can not take another year of frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. >I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen.
Akumu (NA)
: This entire Preseason is a massive failure.
I pretty much started copypasting my thoughts under threads like this one, because it got hard for me to phrase it differently everytime after repeating myself over and over again without actually being heard by Riot. I want to push these kinds of posts by sharing my point of view and I am glad they are increasing in numbers. > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LwjlQoeN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-24T00:11:35.852+0000) > > It is so fucking sad. I loved this game up until season 7 ended, with all my heart. I was completely passionate about it for five years, non-stop. This changed twelve months ago. >Starting season 8, League turned into a oneshot fiesta and a lot of champions lost their identities. Everyone deals a massive amount of damage and everyone can splitpush. Strategic teamfights turned into three seconds of button mashing. The calm aspect of the game, the part I loved most, completely vanished. Get seen/hit first, die. We became a Call of Duty MOBA. >For the first time in my life, almost every game of League felt empty, unsatisfying or frustrating. I kept telling myself: 'be patient, there has always been rough patches.' I kept telling this to myself for twelve months. I thought something similar to the old rune system would finally return, but this pre-season is a joke as well. >After agreeing that damage is too high (almost a year of complaints in), Riot releases the new Dark Harvest, just shifts the rune stat bonuses somewhere else and introduces completely inefficient defensive stats that are not worth taking instead of adding a true buff to overall defense. >I can not take another year of frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. >I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Riot's philosophy finally turned the game into dogshit after so much years
I pretty much started copypasting my thoughts under threads like this one, because it got hard for me to phrase it differently everytime after repeating myself a hundred times without actually being heard by Riot. I want to push these kinds of posts by sharing my story and I am glad they are increasing in numbers. > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LwjlQoeN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-24T00:11:35.852+0000) > > It is so fucking sad. I loved this game up until season 7 ended, with all my heart. I was completely passionate about it for five years, non-stop. This changed twelve months ago. >Starting season 8, League turned into a oneshot fiesta and a lot of champions lost their identities. Everyone deals a massive amount of damage and everyone can splitpush. Strategic teamfights turned into three seconds of button mashing. The calm aspect of the game, the part I loved most, completely vanished. Get seen/hit first, die. We became a Call of Duty MOBA. >For the first time in my life, almost every game of League felt empty, unsatisfying or frustrating. I kept telling myself: 'be patient, there has always been rough patches.' I kept telling this to myself for twelve months. I thought something similar to the old rune system would finally return, but this pre-season is a joke as well. >After agreeing that damage is too high (almost a year of complaints in), Riot releases the new Dark Harvest, just shifts the rune stat bonuses somewhere else and introduces completely inefficient defensive stats that are not worth taking instead of adding a true buff to overall defense. >I can not take another year of frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. >I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen. Little remark though: it is "so many years", not "much". Sorry for being a grammar n*zi. Very good thread nonetheless.
: People on the Boards act like they know better than professionals and it's sickening
: Thanks Riot, Genuinely
Elewd (NA)
: they added the runes everyone took as an option, try taking the defense ones and not the damage ones and you'll be surprised how much less damage people do to you in lane now.
> [{quoted}](name=Elewd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HERLwilv,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-11-24T05:56:47.464+0000) > > they added the runes everyone took as an option, try taking the defense ones and not the damage ones and you'll be surprised how much less damage people do to you in lane now. Old runes gave 9 armor **and** 12 magic resist or **214** health at level 18 (almost double the hp). Sure if you stack a resistance stat according to your lane opponent, it helps being bulkier in lane, which is good. Later on, you still get blown up though, because tower plating, shutdown gold, even drakes (why do drakes give gold again?) and the useless hp per lvl stat made sure even the most insignificant player of the game becomes able to burst you in an imstant.
: You can stop botposting anytime, you know.
> [{quoted}](name=Kelvyan Blade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uY8W3tfn,comment-id=00180000,timestamp=2018-11-24T07:26:15.055+0000) > > You can stop botposting anytime, you know. What is botposting? Yeah, I started copypasting my thoughts here and there, because I want to push these kinds of posts and it got hard for me to phrase it differently everytime after basically repeating myself a hundred times without actually being heard by Riot.
Stacona (NA)
: After a year of not playing League... The game is not fun being so massively damage creeped.
It is so fucking sad. I loved this game up until season 7 ended, with all my heart. I was completely passionate about it for five years, non-stop. This changed twelve months ago. Starting season 8, League turned into a oneshot fiesta and a lot of champions lost their identities. Everyone deals a massive amount of damage and everyone can splitpush. Strategic teamfights turned into three seconds of button mashing. The calm aspect of the game, the part I loved most, completely vanished. Get seen/hit first, die. We became a Call of Duty MOBA. For the first time in my life, almost every game of League felt empty, unsatisfying or frustrating. I kept telling myself: 'be patient, there has always been rough patches.' I kept telling this to myself for twelve months. I thought something similar to the old rune system would finally return, but this pre-season is a joke as well. After agreeing that damage is too high (almost a year of complaints in), Riot releases the new Dark Harvest, just shifts the rune stat bonuses somewhere else and introduces completely inefficient defensive stats that are not worth taking instead of adding a true buff to overall defense. I can not take another year of frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen. I keep telling people my point of view to also try to push these kinds of posts, but I do not think Riot will ever actually start listening.
: The fundamental shift the game has taken
It is so fucking sad. I loved this game up until season 7 ended, with all my heart. I was completely passionate about it for five years, non-stop. This changed twelve months ago. Starting season 8, League turned into a oneshot fiesta and a lot of champions lost their identities. Everyone deals a massive amount of damage and everyone can splitpush. Strategic teamfights turned into three seconds of button mashing. The calm aspect of the game, the part I loved most, completely vanished. Get seen/hit first, die. We became a Call of Duty MOBA. For the first time in my life, almost every game of League felt empty, unsatisfying or frustrating. I kept telling myself: 'be patient, there has always been rough patches.' I kept telling this to myself for twelve months. I thought something similar to the old rune system would finally return, but this pre-season is a joke as well. After agreeing that damage is too high (almost a year of complaints in), Riot releases the new Dark Harvest, just shifts the rune stat bonuses somewhere else and introduces completely inefficient defensive stats that are not worth taking instead of adding a true buff to overall defense. I can not take another year of frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen.
: They make no arguments though. They're derogatory at every moment. > One that doesnt think too much damage is "a good thing!" He's instantly assuming that the Balance Team's positon is "Too much damage is good". Who wants to argue/discuss something with someone who immediately stats off their 'discussion' with a Strawman? This is someone whose clearly more on to witch hunting, as seen by his current Title, than it is about starting *Meaningful* discussion about damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o6ErsAeh,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2018-11-23T20:31:39.719+0000) > > They make no arguments though. They're derogatory at every moment. > > He's instantly assuming that the Balance Team's positon is "Too much damage is good". Who wants to argue/discuss something with someone who immediately stats off their 'discussion' with a Strawman? This is someone whose clearly more on to witch hunting, as seen by his current Title, than it is about starting *Meaningful* discussion about damage. I don't think it is witch hunting - rather frustration. After agreeing that damage is too high (twelve months of complaints in), Riot releases the new Dark Harvest, just shifts the rune stat bonuses somewhere else and introduces completely inefficient defensive stats that are not worth taking instead of adding a true buff to overall defense. Yes, arguments seem to increasingly go missing in more and more board threads, but I believe this is due to the fact the community does not feel listened to anymore. Rightfully so.
Regulas (NA)
: Literally did go through various matches from then and I don't see any notable difference. Tanks being melted in seconds and the like, the feel of laning phase damge and poke... it all seems to still have been the same relative levels even back then. The entire idea seems to be a meme complaint that someone stated and people tote because they just assume it's true. In reality it's probably because of mastery effects that give the impression of more damage when they don't actually change the output as muh as people think since other damage elsehwere is lacking/countered.
> [{quoted}](name=Regulas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=05rmLEKQ,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-11-23T19:51:19.343+0000) > > Literally did go through various matches from then and I don't see any notable difference. Tanks being melted in seconds and the like, the feel of laning phase damge and poke... it all seems to still have been the same relative levels even back then. > > The entire idea seems to be a meme complaint that someone stated and people tote because they just assume it's true. In reality it's probably because of mastery effects that give the impression of more damage when they don't actually change the output as muh as people think since other damage elsehwere is lacking/countered. I do not 'assume' this is true. I, just like hundreds of others, noticed myself that damage is a lot higher ever since pre-season 8 hit us. The minor base damage buffs did not compensate the massive loss of resistances we had do deal with when Runes Reforged was released. Especially with so many new runes causing upfront burst damage. I do not know which videos you were watching, but tanks did not melt in seconds (despite when being hit by lategame ADCs, which is the way it is supposed to be).
: Another day, another shitpost with no actual bearing on discussion. Keep up the good work guys, you're certainly making a difference.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o6ErsAeh,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-11-23T19:29:32.988+0000) > > Another day, another shitpost with no actual bearing on discussion. Keep up the good work guys, you're certainly making a difference. 1. Overall damage is too high. 2. These champions are frustrating to play against: 3. Dark Harvest is not in a balanced state. Not hard to find three valid points worth discussing.
CLG ear (NA)
: why did they gut taliyah
Because of pro play. That's it. They don't want the same champs being picked too much and she's too good of a jungler in the right hands. Hence they nerfed her to the point she's unplayable even by the best Taliyah players. Yes, Riot's balance team is smoking crack.
Lilithh (NA)
: Dear santa Riot, for christmas i would like a new balance team
It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen.
Regulas (NA)
: Have people ever even played in past seasons? I've never gotten the damage creep thing, fights have always since season 1 been 3 seconds long, and heck without some of the items that used to exist a long time ago damage in many cases feels less then it used to.
> [{quoted}](name=Regulas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=05rmLEKQ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-23T15:30:37.714+0000) > > Have people ever even played in past seasons? I've never gotten the damage creep thing, fights have always since season 1 been 3 seconds long, and heck without some of the items that used to exist a long time ago damage in many cases feels less then it used to. Watch videos of gameplays from season 3-4. You'll notice a huge difference in damage output.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-11-23T19:02:45.795+0000) > > It is definitely too high. You can grant the enemy 1000G by going 4/0 and just farming really well by making a single mistake. > > Riot's lazy 'solution' for the snowball meta they've caused themselves is punishing good players severely. It is totally dumb. no, riot's solution for snowball meta is that an entire team won't get gold for shutting down one player
> [{quoted}](name=BRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2018-11-23T19:06:30.792+0000) > > no, riot's solution for snowball meta is that an entire team won't get gold for shutting down one player Huh? What do you mean?
: Revert Runes
I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen. I can not take another year of absolute frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again.
GigglesO (NA)
: Lowering Champion Damage
I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen.
Sebástián (EUNE)
: Ravenborn “Daddy” Rakan
As a huge fan of Ravenborn LeBlanc, I always thought this would be amazing. I really, really want this to happen. {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
: POLL: Are Shutdown Gold Values Set Too High?
It is definitely too high. You can grant the enemy 1000G by going 4/0 and just farming really well by making a single mistake. Riot's lazy 'solution' for the snowball meta they've caused themselves is punishing good players severely. It is totally dumb.
: This preseason patch has proven how grossly incompetent the current riot balance team is
I can not take another year of absolute frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen.
: I often wonder what the game would be like if Riot never made the mistake of Keystones
I can not take another year of absolute frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute one-shot fiestas down our throat. I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen.
: WTF happened mid season 5 That made riot lose all grip on reality
I actually loved this game even up until season 7 ended, with all my heart. I was completely passionate about it for five years, non-stop. This changed twelve months ago. Starting season 8, League turned into a oneshot fiesta and a lot of champions lost their identities. Everyone deals a massive amount of damage and strategic teamfights turned into three seconds of button mashing. The calm aspect of the game, the part I loved most, completely vanished. Get seen/hit first, die. We became a Call of Duty MOBA. For the first time in my life, almost every game of League felt empty, unsatisfying or frustrating. I kept telling myself: 'be patient, there has always been rough patches.' I kept telling this to myself for twelve months. I thought something similar to the old rune system would finally return, but this pre-season is a joke as well. I can not take another year of absolute frustration. It is sad, but I guess I will turn my back on this game after six years and spend my free time meaningfully again. I really do not get how Riot does not see they could slow down the decline of their game massively by just reverting the rune system and champion base stats. It seems like the Chinese internet café scene is too important, so they force twenty minute oneshot fiestas down our throat. I just want my favorite game back, but I guess that does not happen.
Show more

Rαy

Level 180 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion