Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Rodsquad,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:32:41.712+0000) > > and I said it was a joke, something me and my friends say a lot as a joke that i thought boards would find funny. and then i said no you're right they don't need praise for something as simple as confirming an lgbt character. Well, hopefully this was a lesson learned. LGBT is controversial enough without "praise X" tossed in. If you had said something more along the lines of "I think this is cool, but I wonder how they'll confirm it", you wouldn't have triggered a number of users (arguably myself included). Also, I feel I've answered most of your reply questions via my replies to other users. If I haven't, let me know (although most of it is opinion anyway).
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:53:00.148+0000) > > Well, hopefully this was a lesson learned. LGBT is controversial enough without "praise X" tossed in. If you had said something more along the lines of "I think this is cool, but I wonder how they'll confirm it", you wouldn't have triggered a number of users (arguably myself included). Maybe you're right I was just excited and wasn't thinking. It just seems like a lot of backlash of something so little, and I appreciate you not devolving into using silly emotes to say Im being stupid about something I didn't think through like some others in this tread. It felt like a big thing to me and I was really happy but man everyone in here just seems to tear it down without giving it a chance.
Rodsquad (EUW)
: Taliyah is Trans and Neeko is a Lesbian
Listen I really don't know why I thought yall would react any differently , the basics are that * there is a new character * she has her own backstory * she's connected to the lore through Nidalee * she has her own unique kit * the only reason we know about her being a lesbian is because someone asked * riot themselves hasn't even confirmed anything, just her writer * all of your instant negative reactions say a lot about this community. there was no giving it a chance it was an instant "this is bad writing please no lgbt people they're not allowed to have anything nice" Honestly you all just sound so stereotypical it's funny. Shes a character, she's gay, if you didn't know being gay is kind of a Big Thing to know for Lgbt people, it helps normalize and socialize people to the idea that "oh you know that minority group that's been beat down all their lives? Maybe they can have a character in a video games too" because there are not that many in comparison. Anything helps and yall just sound sad.
: > [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:32:09.076+0000) > > is there even hormone replacement therapy in runeterra? This is exactly what I'm thinking. Are they even technologically advanced enough to get someone to our level of a trans person.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:35:07.560+0000) > > This is exactly what I'm thinking. Are they even technologically advanced enough to even get someone to our level of a trans person. Magic exists in runeterra, trans people are still trans even if they get magic'd into the correct form.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rodsquad,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:24:06.075+0000) > > literally she just happens to be a lesbian all i said was "hey guys in case you wanted to know, Neeko's a lesbian". shes her own character with her own backstory she's literally not "just added to be lgbt" its not that deep dude My only real problem with the original post was "Praise Riot". If it's kept to a small VO interaction within the game then I don't have a problem with it being included. I've seen people act like a minor and secondary characteristic (such as being LGBT, having red hair, being tall) should be the focus and identity of a character and it really shouldn't ever be. You already have someone in here saying "representation is important" and it's not. Representation for the sake of representation leads to lower quality work being praised for the wrong reasons.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:30:27.426+0000) > > My only real problem with the original post was "Praise Riot". If it's kept to a small VO interaction within the game then I don't have a problem with it being included. > > I've seen people act like a minor and secondary characteristic (such as being LGBT, having red hair, being tall) should be the focus and identity of a character and it really shouldn't ever be. You already have someone in here saying "representation is important" and it's not. Representation for the sake of representation leads to lower quality work being praised for the wrong reasons. and I said it was a joke, something me and my friends say a lot as a joke that i thought boards would find funny. and then i said no you're right they don't need praise for something as simple as confirming an lgbt character.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Ah man, can't wait for the next garbo tier pandering back story. {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}} Let me make the start: Neeko is a lesbian. She likes women and food. She also like animals. Did I mention she's a lesbian yet?
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:29:12.073+0000) > > Ah man, can't wait for the next garbo tier pandering back story. > {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}} > Let me make the start: Neeko is a lesbian. She likes women and food. She also like animals. Did I mention she's a lesbian yet? she already has a backstory and no where in it does it mention it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Escheton,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:10:50.258+0000) > > Because representation is important. Does it affect gameplay? Does it somehow add to the story? If both of these answers are "no" (and they are), then said representation should not be shoved in front. If a character's only value is being LGBT, they aren't really a character to begin with.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:23:03.914+0000) > > Does it affect gameplay? > Does it somehow add to the story? > > If both of these answers are "no" (and they are), then said representation should not be shoved in front. If a character's only value is being LGBT, they aren't really a character to begin with. her only value ISN'T that she's lgbt though she has her own story and her own lore and her own connections, she also happens to be a lesbian. It's like your saying if they came out and said Fiddlesticks is from the shadow isle it would be a huge thing that he's only known for being from the shadow isle and thus is a stupid character. its just a character trait she has that was confirmed.
RJay123 (NA)
: If they all of a sudden make Taliya trans, this game is going off the deep end. It will no longer be about making compelling characters and more about "let's make her (enter x minority here) because we feel like it." Not good writing, not good anything. If you're gonna make a trans character, give me a reason. Saying trans people are normal parts of society doesn't mean they aren't a part of an EXTREME minority. I want to know about their life, maybe they were raised as a boy and so they grew with the perception that they were never meant to be a girl or maybe he was saved by a female spirit and he felt that he should give up his masculinity as a sacrifice to her or something. Idk, anything. But make it compelling. Stop tagging on pointless adjectives and identities to characters just because someone said so. It's stupid.
> [{quoted}](name=RJay123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:21:02.740+0000) > > If they all of a sudden make Taliya trans, this game is going off the deep end. It will no longer be about making compelling characters and more about "let's make her (enter x minority here) because we feel like it." Not good writing, not good anything. If you're gonna make a trans character, give me a reason. Saying trans people are normal parts of society doesn't mean they aren't a part of an EXTREME minority. I want to know about their life, maybe they were raised as a boy and so they grew with the perception that they were never meant to be a girl or maybe he was saved by a female spirit and he felt that he should give up his masculinity as a sacrifice to her or something. Idk, anything. But make it compelling. Stop tagging on pointless adjectives and identities to characters just because someone said so. It's stupid. half of you say "being lgbt isn't and important thing so it shouldn't be addressed" and the other half are "they just tacked it on why didn't they incorporate it into their character"
: > [{quoted}](name=Rodsquad,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:08:45.215+0000) > > maybe not really praise, since yeah lesbians and trans people are normal parts of society, i just thought it was cool and "praise rito" sounds funny. It wasn't funny. In fact, it's the same kind of bullshit that lead to Varus' backstory comic being defended when multiple story elements were absolutely horrible. LGBT shouldn't be the focus of a personal identity. It's bad enough they're hated for having different sexual preferences (and there's a number of differences that can occur between straight folk as well). But this sort of "they added this" praise for what's ultimately irrelevant to League's gameplay and should almost always take a back seat in general gaming leads to more pandering and justification of terrible work because "but we included LGBT!"
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:19:51.952+0000) > > It wasn't funny. In fact, it's the same kind of bullshit that lead to Varus' backstory comic being defended when multiple story elements were absolutely horrible. > > LGBT shouldn't be the focus of a personal identity. It's bad enough they're hated for having different sexual preferences (and there's a number of differences that can occur between straight folk as well). But this sort of "they added this" praise for what's ultimately irrelevant to League's gameplay and should almost always take a back seat in general gaming leads to more pandering and justification of terrible work because "but we included LGBT!" literally she just happens to be a lesbian all i said was "hey guys in case you wanted to know, Neeko's a lesbian". shes her own character with her own backstory she's literally not "just added to be lgbt" its not that deep dude
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainEmpanada,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:13:21.188+0000) > > sorry, but > https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.501190973.9062/ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u2.png i dont get it
: Why exactly does Riot deserve praise for that?
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EGKoKs4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-19T21:06:09.827+0000) > > Why exactly does Riot deserve praise for that? maybe not really praise, since yeah lesbians and trans people are normal parts of society, i just thought it was cool and "praise rito" sounds funny.
Rioter Comments
The Iceborn (EUNE)
: New colorful mage Teaser!
this sounds like such a unique champ idea i hope they have a super unique look too! Love me some different looking character design :>
Rodsquad (EUW)
: Would there be so much outrage that Riot couldn't add a fat female champion?
Man yall just hate this so much youre gonna recontextualize the original prompt huh. I asked "Why can't/hasn't there been a fat female champ" and youre saying i said "Buh i dont care about kits or story or anything i just want muh diversity" of course they would put a story and a kit that works I just want to know why, after all these years, couldn't there be one who is a fat woman. People everyday ask for champs that they want, and i put what I wanted. It's Not That Deep if you will. Downvote me all you want I don't know what I've done other than ask why can't there be one. I respect Riot a lot and I just wanted to put it out there that hey, maybe we can have something different the next time theyre designing a female champ. Im just bored of the same bodytype being used over and over dudes.
Ætheist (NA)
: Just making a fat chick for the sake of having a fat chick would be dumb, though. What niche could reasonably be filled by a more robust woman and isn't already filled by Illaoi?
> [{quoted}](name=Ætheist,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gJl04ufi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-20T15:31:12.583+0000) > > Just making a fat chick for the sake of having a fat chick would be dumb, though. > > What niche could reasonably be filled by a more robust woman and isn't already filled by Illaoi? What need is there for near any champ release, what reason do they serve other than to just add to the game? You're telling me that everything Riot puts in this game is to fill some niche, and that more than one champ of a certain kind would just be dumb when Illaoi is strong (and wonderful) but not fat? Did Kled need put in the game? What niche does he fill? And it couldn't be For just the Sake of it it would be to add another character , simple as that. There doesn't NEED to be some "oh look shes different! She's fat! " no just put a girl who is fat in the game that's all you need to do it's not that difficult.
Rioter Comments

Rodsquad

Level 35 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion