Rockman (NA)
: Does he need a buff tho
> [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ku2oBnaf,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-25T04:01:36.079+0000) > > Does he need a buff tho He doesn't. Not in the slightest.
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000c000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T05:59:31.958+0000) > > No, you didn't. > You said "I enjoy playing bla bla bla", NOTHING to do with what I said ("there is nothing to brag in playing for a long time and still being in low elo" Then let me try to make it more clear for you: Because I enjoy playing the game my way, with my own wits and cleverness, overcoming the pitched battles Riot is crafted for me in recent seasons, I remain unranked. I am proud of the fact that I haven't buckled to Riot's attempt to enforce a meta on me, and I still find ways to enjoy a rapidly desiccating game. > Yeah, is not like LoL is a SUPER complex game that often takes YEARS to be really understood to a good level naaa, let's read a guide and gain the knowledge magically in 2days! > > "Ehy I wanna be a super good chess player, let's read a guide and become Grandmaster in 2 days!11!! (and, suprise, chess are ALL about knowledge). > Rotfl. Hyperbole won't get out out of this corner. I never said that you can know everything there is to know about League in two days, I said that once you read, studied, and learned all there is to know, by your estimation, one should be able to take that knowledge into Bronze and climb out of the tier. I think this is inaccurate, mind. You're attempting to spin my words to turn _your own argument_ into mine and then argue against it which, while remotely clever, is not sufficiently hazy that my cunning can't pierce it. > Yeah, keep telling yourself that you are in low elo "CAUSE MM SUCKS AND I AM NOT EVEN TRYING ANYWAY", first time I ever heard that, LOL. > Stay deluded. I never said matchmaking sucks. When did I say that? I never once mentioned matchmaking. I often get matchmade with Silver and low Gold players, and I honestly think that's about right for me. All I said was that I had no reason to conform to a meta for the sake of climbing a ladder to an LCS career that pays less than I'm currently making, hence why I'm still low elo. I can't bring my unorthodox strategies into ranked because A, people would flame the hell out of me and probably dodge, and B, they're not always effective. This is fine for normals; not so much for ranked. > Actually thinking that the boards are a true mirror of the player base AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA > But let's be ABSURD, let's say is true: actually thinking that "listen the mass is always right" AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH You're misrepresenting me again. A good debater with sound stances doesn't need to do this, why do you keep taking this route? I never mentioned the boards. I said that Iron through Gold accounts for 83% of the player base, according to [this website's data gathering](https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/rank-distribution). 83.53%, to be extremely precise. > "Ehy, our pool suggest that 86,5% of our citizen would love to see us cut the taxes by 80%, must be a good thing! > Let's do it and watch our country DISINTEGRATE, they can't be wrong1!!1" > > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHA You're doing it again. The whole "LAUGH IN ALL CAPS, THAT'LL MAKE THE OTHER GUY LOOK SMALLER" thing. It looks juvenile. Please stop giving your opponents reasons to dismiss your arguments before they even read them, and present the arguments on their own instead. Your analogy is flawed because a country is not a consumer base. When I said "country", I was using an idiom. To say _"kuni wa nōmin no kata ni kakatteiru"_ is to say that the lowest and most numerous caste supports the entire structure. If the peasants lose faith in the country and leave or stop cooperating with their lords, the entire country will starve, lords included. It applies in this case because if 83% of the player base - the "low tiers", those whose opinions you claimed didn't matter to start this argument - were to get so fed up with the game they stopped playing tomorrow, League would cease to exist a few months later. This will never happen, of course; not all at once. But that's not the point. The point is that dismissing these players' desires means risking the collapse of the game in the future. League of Legends is not _literally_ a country, it's a business. Businesses exist to please their customers. If they fail, they make no money. Angering 83% of your customers and dismissing everything they say because they "don't know how to use your product" is an excellent way to avoid making money. > Oh btw: you guys will ALWAYS find excuses to whine and moan, you will NEVER be happy cause you NEED to keep blaming the game,to avoid facing a truth your ego can't handle What truth is that? That I lack the mouse skills to be Grandmaster tier? I... That can't _be_. How could I have not seen it?! All these years... The _arduous_ climb from Bronze V to Gold II in season 3, I... I was _sure_ I had what it took to reach the top! I'm already very aware I don't have that level of skill. You think I don't literally see my own games unfolding in front of me? You can dismount your horse now. I'll have you know I can't recall _ever_ blaming a teammate for my loss. I main support. Even if a teammate facechecks every bush and feeds them 15 times, you know what I tell myself? It's on me for not warding more bushes. If our ADC doesn't get fed, it's because I didn't set him up. If our bruiser doesn't win us teamfights, it's because I wasn't keeping the CC off of him. If our assassin dies too many times, it's because I didn't protect him. Every single one of my >100 losses is my fault, because when all is said and done, I could always have contributed more. Every competition is human against human, and it comes down to who pushes the hardest and who has the most in them. If I lost, it means the opponent outperformed me, and I'm perfectly capable of accepting that. Don't go reading me that nonsense about "lol you boards people always blame the team". If I lose, it's because I let my team down.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000c0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T07:32:04.541+0000) > > Then let me try to make it more clear for you Let ME try to be more clear: I perfectly understood your "argument", it was just pure BS. > Hyperbole won't get out out of this corner. The only corner that fit this case is the one were I stood still waiting for the referee to count you down to 10 ^_^ >I never said that you can know everything there is to know about League in two days Let's see... >all you would need to climb out of Bronze in two days' time would be to read a guide on advanced League mechanics and macro play Rotfl. Can't wait for the mirrorclimbing on this one <3 >once you read, studied, and learned all there is to know, by your estimation, one should be able to take that knowledge into Bronze and climb out of the tier. Nope, like I said is not how it works. Chess is ALL about strategy but is something you need to learn by PLAYING it (again: unless you are some kind of Anime protagonist). The same goes for LoL: watching videos, reading guides can help a lot (and I do mean a LOT) if you approach them with humility and a true will to improve; but you need to really "engrave" that stuff into yourself by playing in first person. > All I said was that I had no reason to conform to a meta for the sake of climbing a ladder to an LCS career that pays less than I'm currently making ...a classic excuse heard a MILLION times here. Oh btw: either you are filthy rich (like everyone on the internet, I guess) or you have no idea how much a good LCS player can make in a year with sponsors etc. > Your analogy ...was PERFECT and your...cute attempt of saying "I WAS USING COUNTRY IN ANOTHER SENSE, NOW THAT YOU ARE USING IT IS NOT LONGER OK!11!" made me legit chuklE^^ Btw... >a country is not a consumer base. Do yourself a favor, don't talk about things you don't know. This line alone tells me that you don't know NOTHING about economy and how it works, how actually a Country is administrated. A Country is the prime example of a system entirely based on "customers" (the people) and the Govern that needs to keep them as happy as possible, using lies, deception, poor decisions (for the wealth of the Country), etc. The economic "theory" (using "" cause is stating facts more than a theory) of the "State Failure") says that many, MANY countries struggle a lot because the govern doesn't care about their Country, but only about their status, their power, and how they could mantain them over the years. Often an economy NEEDS "unpopular measures" to be fixed, and that rarely happen because who is in charge wants to be re elected, he doesn't give a damn if that means refusing to do the right thing to not lose some votes. Is a SUPER twisted, corrupted system, made it SO bad cause the "customers" (us) are listened/coaxed etc WAAAY too much when there is some risk of losing popularity; but even the more rotten Countries have their limits, even there the politics know that they can't cross certain lines, they can't just erase all the taxes just because their customers would be super happy about that (in the brief period at least...). And you are trying to claim that would be good for LoL to listen all the moronic, idiotic BS that our community puke on the boards and let this game literally GO TO HELL cause "they would be happy", rotfl. Spoiler alert: no, they wouldn't. Eliminate all taxes and a lot of idiots would dance and rejoice...until they will notice the Country LITERALLY falling apart, with no pubblic services of ANY kind, ZERO protection etc. Do r%%%%%ed changes in LoL and the boards would be FLOADED with complains, once they are live and the players start to realize how fucking much they made all worse. Oh, but you can't even do that, cause: 1) The vast majority of low elo players complain about the game (to please their ego)...but they DON'T complain about the same stuff. Some wants X champion buffed, some wants the same X champion nerfed to the ground yadda yadda yadda; is LITERALLY impossible to make them all happy 2)Even more important: like I said, they moan and bitch because they need to blame the game, otherwise they would need to admit that they, in fact, aren't as great as they wanna believe to be. Change ALL you want, they would NEVER be happy cause they will find ALWAYS stuff that "is breaking the game"...cause they NEED to. They NEED that excuse, they NEED something to blame. When I said "country", I was using an idiom. To say _"kuni wa nōmin no kata ni kakatteiru"_ is to say that the lowest and most numerous caste supports the entire structure. If the peasants lose faith in the country and leave or stop cooperating with their lords, the entire country will starve, lords included. >This will never happen, of course Glad you grasped at least that, even if for the wrong reasons. Will NEVER happen cause...they actually like the game a lot, but they have to keep bitching cause they can't face the truth. > League of Legends is not _literally_ a country, it's a business. Oh god. God. PLEASE study some basic economy, PLEASE. Like...PLEASE. A country is LITERALLY a GIANT business LOL, like PLEASE. Is embarassing to read, and I am not even trying to be mean. Is just THAT damn WRONG, lol. You don't want me to laugh? Try to avoid this kind of lines, AHAHAHHAA. > What truth is that? That I lack the mouse skills to be Grandmaster tier? What was about hyperboles and corners? Rotfl.
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000c0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T15:39:14.444+0000) > > Cause there is literally NOTHING to brag about, for istance. I just explained what there is to brag about, but good job conveniently leaving that part out. I'll repeat it for clarity: I take pride in actually enjoying the game, coming up with my own tactics and itemization, and generally making champions work where Riot doesn't want them to. You can't get away with any of this in higher elo. > No. > That's not how it works. How is that not how it works? Are all of my examples flawed, or is it just League? Is League somehow different from every other venue in which both knowledge and skill are applied? > If you are "deeply knowledgeable" about lol you won't stay in bronze, period. > If you don't have much time maybe you won't reach your full potential but you will SURELY breeze through the lower ranks, is a simple fact. Saying "simple fact" doesn't actually create a simple fact. If it were as such, all you would need to climb out of Bronze in two days' time would be to read a guide on advanced League mechanics and macro play. Speaking of reading, let's address another way your "fact" isn't a fact. You can read about something and absorb the information far quicker than you can hone your practice skills at that thing. In the time it takes me to queue for and play a ranked game, I can read through an entire breakdown of League's high-tier macro elements and how to best make use of them. That's setting aside people who are smarter than they are quick. If you're clever and apply information quickly, but lack reflexes and multitasking ability, of course you're going to learn about the game far faster than you're going to climb the ladder. By your estimation, you should be able to match me in a kendō shiai after memorizing kata and reading about kiai. > A "deep knowledge" of the game, alone, is MORE than enough to climb super fast through the lower ranks. > Feel free to keep telling yourself the opposite but that's just you deluding yourself, actually preveting yourself to become a better player. If LCS starts paying its players anything decent, maybe I'll consider really applying myself. As it stands, I'm having plenty of fun just hanging out in Bronze and doing unorthodox things. You may be a better player on paper, let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say you leveled an account to 45 _just_ to post on the boards. But you're depriving yourself of fun by playing hard to the meta and doing only those things which work consistently in pro play. Unless you find that more fun than using cunning and creativity to defy the game's rigid structure, in which case, to each his own. You have your fun, I'll have mine. Regardless, you ignored the part about the peasantry supporting the country. We could assume low tiers DID all lack knowledge about the game and it still wouldn't matter. 83% of your player base is always right, if you want your game to keep going. If they're not having fun, change it or risk losing all your players.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000c00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T23:45:39.366+0000) > > I just explained what there is to brag about No, you didn't. You said "I enjoy playing bla bla bla", NOTHING to do with what I said ("there is nothing to brag in playing for a long time and still being in low elo" > How is that not how it works? I have already explained it. >If it were as such, all you would need to climb out of Bronze in two days' time would be to read a guide on advanced League mechanics and macro play. Yeah, is not like LoL is a SUPER complex game that often takes YEARS to be really understood to a good level naaa, let's read a guide and gain the knowledge magically in 2days! "Ehy I wanna be a super good chess player, let's read a guide and become Grandmaster in 2 days!11!! (and, suprise, chess are ALL about knowledge). Rotfl. > If LCS starts paying its players anything decent, maybe I'll consider really applying myself. Yeah, keep telling yourself that you are in low elo "CAUSE MM SUCKS AND I AM NOT EVEN TRYING ANYWAY", first time I ever heard that, LOL. Stay deluded. >83% of your player base is always right Actually thinking that the boards are a true mirror of the player base AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA But let's be ABSURD, let's say is true: actually thinking that "listen the mass is always right" AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH "Ehy, our pool suggest that 86,5% of our citizen would love to see us cut the taxes by 80%, must be a good thing! Let's do it and watch our country DISINTEGRATE, they can't be wrong1!!1" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHA Oh btw: you guys will ALWAYS find excuses to whine and moan, you will NEVER be happy cause you NEED to keep blaming the game,to avoid facing a truth your ego can't handle
: >Yes League has a very large time investment to learn and stay good at. Many of us also bought way too many skins so our accounts are a monetary investment as well. I used to love (insert hobby), I don't like it anymore, but bcs I/somebody invested money into it, I won't stop, eventhough it drives me crazy. It's like when my mom forced me to take flute lessons, I didn't like it, but hurr durr I had to buy the expensive one, so you will go, period. >But, the main reason we keep bullying you on these boards is because we remember when this game used to be great. Nostalgia is bitch, man. >League has always had flaws but it used to be worthy of the title of the top competitive game. What changed? >The game still has potential, but holy shit guys you have to work with us and more hope is lost everyday you do more baffling shit like buffing Renekton and Vayne. Imagine thinking that Rene "buffs" are somehow problem, when Kleds/Casses/Pykes changes missed our beloved boards filled with silvers. Vayne buffs, yeah kinda, still better having single target only adc overpowered than Sivir/Jinx/Trist/(insert hypercarry). >have the community vote on changes If you truly want this game to die, then yes, we should. >Maybe you can beg Morello to come back. You mean the guy that was called idiot, r%%%%% etc, by same ppl that are crying nowadays? At least be honest, nothing will feel like old LoL(unless Riots release fast cashgrab, LoL Classic), nothing will make you happy until things are like you want them to be. >Most of these patches these days read like someone urinating on a once sacred artwork. Riot: *releases small patch* Community: "Why are you even doing this, there is near to no change in those" Riot: *releases patch that can shuffle meta around* Community: "Boy, have you lost your mind? 'cause I'll help ya find it! (insert worthless balance suggestion)"
> [{quoted}](name=Jng Account,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=seu7L2P1,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-22T17:29:19.876+0000) > > I used to love (insert hobby), I don't like it anymore, but bcs I/somebody invested money into it, I won't stop, eventhough it drives me crazy. > > It's like when my mom forced me to take flute lessons, I didn't like it, but hurr durr I had to buy the expensive one, so you will go, period. > > Nostalgia is bitch, man. > > What changed? > > Imagine thinking that Rene "buffs" are somehow problem, when Kleds/Casses/Pykes changes missed our beloved boards filled with silvers. Vayne buffs, yeah kinda, still better having single target only adc overpowered than Sivir/Jinx/Trist/(insert hypercarry). > > If you truly want this game to die, then yes, we should. > > You mean the guy that was called idiot, r%%%%% etc, by same ppl that are crying nowadays? At least be honest, nothing will feel like old LoL(unless Riots release fast cashgrab, LoL Classic), nothing will make you happy until things are like you want them to be. > > Riot: *releases small patch* > Community: "Why are you even doing this, there is near to no change in those" > > Riot: *releases patch that can shuffle meta around* > Community: "Boy, have you lost your mind? 'cause I'll help ya find it! (insert worthless balance suggestion)" You spoken some very, VERY basic truths (like "you are blinded by nostalgia" "have the community vote on changes would DESTROY the game" etc) and you are drowning in downvotes. Ah, the boards <3
: Riot there's a reason we keep talking shit to you on boards instead of just leaving your game.
> [{quoted}](name=reusablemeat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=seu7L2P1,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-22T17:13:05.421+0000) > But, the main reason we keep bullying you on these boards is because ...you are all spoiled kids blinded by nostalgia, thinking that the game was "OOOH SO MUCH BETTER IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS", when it was just "better" to you cause was new and fresh and OFC after YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS of playing can't grant the same excitement.
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T18:12:18.550+0000) > > ...at this point I am starting to fear I fell into a troll trap, but I'll answer like you were serious, cause I hope I am wrong, and yours was a legit misunderstanding. > I was talking about the position on the LEADERBOARD of the match ofc, the one that dictate the pick order. > And, like I said, using this STRATEGY I always granted me a number of spatulas way worth my hp investement (subjective) or, at the very least, a MUCH higher chance to get it than in the 1st draft (objective). > > In other words, if you use certain strategies you are GUARANTEE to have a MUCH better chance of getting a spatula in the 2nd draft than in the 1st, thus making the "luck factor" less relevant. > Is not even my "opinion", mind me: is a mere fact; on average you have MUCH more "control" over the spatula in the 2nd draft, period. Ah yes, the first resort of only the best ideas: "People who disagree with me are trolls." Everybody _already_ knows that carousel picks are granted earlier to those with less health and that if you lose rounds you get picks sooner. This is not some hidden thing that people are not aware of. Everybody also already knows that using those random factors of the game is where the intention of where the skill in playing the game is supposed to be. And of course, there is no skill expression in not doing that, doing nothing instead. From your response, we both have confirmed that during the event in question there is no way to control what I have asked you about in regards to this. You cannot control your positioning like you assert you can and you exert no skill to control the carousel. Consequently, as there is a lack of those game mechanics with which to do so, this leads us all to the simple fact that there can be no skill as there can be no skill expression with mechanics that do not exist.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T18:37:09.965+0000) > > Ah yes, the first resort of only the best ideas: "People who disagree with me are trolls." No, people that "misunderstand" SUPER easy stuff in a "convenient" way often are. And, again, you totally "misunderstood" me, again in a way that totally twisted my words: how odd :) >You cannot control your positioning like you assert you can ...the first time could have been just a mistake. This time is just you being pathetic and in bad faith. So yeah: "I was talking about the position on the LEADERBOARD of the match ofc, the one that dictate the pick order. And, like I said, using this STRATEGY I always granted me a number of spatulas way worth my hp investement (subjective) or, at the very least, a MUCH higher chance to get it than in the 1st draft (objective). In other words, if you use certain strategies you are GUARANTEE to have a MUCH better chance of getting a spatula in the 2nd draft than in the 1st, thus making the "luck factor" less relevant. Is not even my "opinion", mind me: is a mere fact; on average you have MUCH more "control" over the spatula in the 2nd draft, period." Here's written why is a _**F-A-C-T**_ that in the 2nd carousel you have WAY more control over the spatula, something you avoided like the plague cause it totally cornered you. I'll just cut paste it over and over, you don't deserve further efforts^^
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T17:02:36.728+0000) > > You can grant yourself a really substantial chance of getting one. > You won't ALWAYS get it but most of the time you will. > Sure, there still luck involved (again: I didn't say I like it, nor that I find it perfect) but SEVERELY less than in the 1st carousel, the complete opposite of what you said. > I usually go for the last 2 spots in the beginning and I do so cause I realized that you will hit "jackpot" more than not (more than 50% for sure, while on the first draft your chances are less than 15%, assuming there is a spatula). > > Btw, EVERYTHING in TFT has a "luck factor", most of the time more relevant than this: but that doesn't mean at all that strategies/skill aren't influencial. > > ...based on their positioning, aka the overall strategy used by everyone. > Nothing to do with "luck", quite the opposite. Then how? "but SEVERELY less than in the 1st" How is their any skill? You need reasons before this conclusion. "based on their positioning," Do tell if there is some mechanic to control positioning, because by everything we can observe so far, you cannot. You cannot control where you are on the board and what is there and what is near you when you get out.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T17:57:23.681+0000) > >Do tell if there is some mechanic to control positioning, because by everything we can observe so far, you cannot. ...at this point I am starting to fear I fell into a troll trap, but I'll answer like you were serious, cause I hope I am wrong, and yours was a legit misunderstanding. I was talking about the position on the LEADERBOARD of the match ofc, the one that dictate the pick order. And, like I said, using this STRATEGY I always granted me a number of spatulas way worth my hp investement (subjective) or, at the very least, a MUCH higher chance to get it than in the 1st draft (objective). In other words, if you use certain strategies you are GUARANTEE to have a MUCH better chance of getting a spatula in the 2nd draft than in the 1st, thus making the "luck factor" less relevant. Is not even my "opinion", mind me: is a mere fact; on average you have MUCH more "control" over the spatula in the 2nd draft, period.
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T16:37:36.573+0000) > > lol? > the other carousel are ALL about your position and you can legit strategy for it > I did it COUNTLESS times, sacrificing some hp to be sure to grab a nice item (hopefully/usually the spatula) > I don't love that system but is TOTALLY different and MUCH more strategy based You can decide to sacrifice HP for an earlier pick, but you cannot control getting a spatula with skill. You cannot control whether a spatula is there, you cannot influence when a gate is down, you cannot control your position relative to the items when that happens, and there are less players who even have an option to compete for it at that time.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T16:46:11.260+0000) > >you cannot control getting a spatula with skill. You can grant yourself a really substantial chance of getting one. You won't ALWAYS get it but most of the time you will. Sure, there still luck involved (again: I didn't say I like it, nor that I find it perfect) but SEVERELY less than in the 1st carousel, the complete opposite of what you said. I usually go for the last 2 spots in the beginning and I do so cause I realized that you will hit "jackpot" more than not (more than 50% for sure, while on the first draft your chances are less than 15%, assuming there is a spatula). Btw, EVERYTHING in TFT has a "luck factor", most of the time more relevant than this: but that doesn't mean at all that strategies/skill aren't influencial. > there are less players who even have an option to compete for it at that time. ...based on their positioning, aka the overall strategy used by everyone. Nothing to do with "luck", quite the opposite.
: Solution:make first minion wave slightly harder. Boom. Now taking spatula carries risk because you might shoot yourself in the foot by failing to kill every minion because you took an item that isn't useful by itself.
> [{quoted}](name=Metal Janna,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-22T16:03:47.831+0000) > > Solution:make first minion wave slightly harder. Wouldn't change much. The first waves atm are a joke, you would need to buff them quite a lot and that would cause a LOT of potential issues (you get a not so great champ with a bad starting item and u are fucked). And losing a single time vs the IA would still be a totally acceptable price for the spatula.
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-22T16:00:34.354+0000) > > The first carousel is quite bad in itself (very little strategy, tons of caos), but the spatula make it 100 times worse. > That item is just too good to be part of the 1st draft, and there is little to no skill involved in taking it: you just run for it asap and u pray; and if you get it you get way too much of an unfair advantage. There's little to no skill involved in taking it from another carousel, even less, and there is no skill in getting it dropped. > [{quoted}](name=Metal Janna,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-22T16:03:47.831+0000) > > Solution:make first minion wave slightly harder. > Boom. Now taking spatula carries risk because you might shoot yourself in the foot by failing to kill every minion because you took an item that isn't useful by itself. There's no way that it's going to be made tight enough that the risk only goes to Spatula but while allowing, say, the 20 mana from a tear to be unaffected, or for that matter bad rolls and no item drops as other examples.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ttbjxsMK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T16:13:08.762+0000) > > There's little to no skill involved in taking it from another carousel lol? the other carousel are ALL about your position and you can legit strategy for it I did it COUNTLESS times, sacrificing some hp to be sure to grab a nice item (hopefully/usually the spatula) I don't love that system but is TOTALLY different and MUCH more strategy based
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000c00010000,timestamp=2019-07-22T14:37:40.955+0000) > > Perhaps? > > No, you didn't; I am playing since beta and this is my 1X account (I don't even remember precisely). > Btw, fyi: playing a long time and still being in low elo is NOT something to brag about. > And, finally and more important: I didn't say BS like "unlike me, totally able to balance the game better than Riot1!1!" cause I am not so deluded to think something that absurd. I find it curious just how many players on these boards take the time to build an alt account up to 30-50 just to post on the boards when they could just as easily post from their main account. Anyway, why not brag about it? I enjoy the game, despite Riot's best efforts to force me into a constrained meta. I live free and try all kinds of crazy things that more serious players wouldn't dare dream of, and I have a lot of fun with them. Even win with quite a few. But I wasn't bragging to begin with, I was separating dedication and skill from acumen. Many military scholars have never experienced war first hand. Many famous statesmen had never served in government prior to holding their famous office. Modern martial artists have a deep knowledge of their art despite never having applied it on a battlefield like their forebears did. Many baseball fans know enough about the game to out-coach paid managers despite not being athletic enough to play. Likewise, many League players lacking the time, drive, and/or mouse skills to achieve high elo are deeply knowledgeable about the game. Don't dismiss them. "Kuni wa nōmin no kata ni kakatteiru" - the country rests on the shoulders of the peasantry.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000c000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T14:51:13.597+0000) > Anyway, why not brag about it? Cause there is literally NOTHING to brag about, for istance. > Likewise, many League players lacking the time, drive, and/or mouse skills to achieve high elo are deeply knowledgeable about the game. No. That's not how it works. If you are "deeply knowledgeable" about lol you won't stay in bronze, period. If you don't have much time maybe you won't reach your full potential but you will SURELY breeze through the lower ranks, is a simple fact. A "deep knowledge" of the game, alone, is MORE than enough to climb super fast through the lower ranks. Feel free to keep telling yourself the opposite but that's just you deluding yourself, actually preveting yourself to become a better player.
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-07-21T15:19:50.335+0000) > > Oh joy, another low rank player teaching Riot balance team how to balance the game. Low rank, perhaps, but I've clearly been playing longer than you by our comparative levels. A lack of hardcore dedication and click accuracy isn't automatically tied to a lack of knowledge.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMbfsp11,comment-id=000c0001,timestamp=2019-07-22T01:59:58.248+0000) > > Low rank, perhaps Perhaps? >I've clearly been playing longer than you No, you didn't; I am playing since beta and this is my 1X account (I don't even remember precisely). Btw, fyi: playing a long time and still being in low elo is NOT something to brag about. And, finally and more important: I didn't say BS like "unlike me, totally able to balance the game better than Riot1!1!" cause I am not so deluded to think something that absurd.
Shyhalu (NA)
: Then your post had no point. Counters are fine, item/class/champ combos are what make the game enjoyable. The more the better.
> [{quoted}](name=Shyhalu,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=opXEfKMY,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T08:44:29.769+0000) > > Then your post had no point. No, just one you clearly missed. And since you couldn't make a step back (no one can do it on the internet, I guess) you decided to attack me. >The more the better. That's just plain false.
: A counter to crits would risk to flat out DESTROY assassins. A counter to dodge would risk to flat out DESTROY yordles. A counter to spell damage would risk to flat our DESTROY sorcerers. And yet, here they are.
> [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleepier,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=opXEfKMY,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-07-21T18:54:23.364+0000) > > A counter to crits would risk to flat out DESTROY assassins. > A counter to dodge would risk to flat out DESTROY yordles. > A counter to spell damage would risk to flat our DESTROY sorcerers. >And yet, there they are. You missed my point, I didn't say "it shouldn't exist".
Qaletaqa (NA)
: TFT needs tenacity. Everything has a counter except for stuns.
A counter to stuns would risk to flat out DESTROY some comp and synergies
Alpacus (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZYN8yunh,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-07-21T10:04:30.382+0000) > > Except MM works as intended, elo hell was proved to be a myth like 2389239232893928328933289 times and you are just a deluded player making excuses. Do you have any proof for that because all I see is usually people being like "No, the matchmaking is fair," with them investing a lot of time into the game hence only getting a better result because they have a bigger game time pool to pull stats from. It should be fair matchmaking though no matter if you invest the minimum amount of time or basically your entire freetime.
> [{quoted}](name=Alpacus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZYN8yunh,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-07-21T13:16:34.092+0000) > > with them investing a lot of time into the game hence only getting a better result because they have a bigger game time pool to pull stats from. ...are you serious? Is how ANY system of this kind works, ofc it needs a certain amount of game played to become really accurate, ofc you can't expect to be placed EXACTLY where you belong right after the placements, that would be just impossible. But it's not like "OMG YOU NEED TO PLAY AT LEAST 2 HOURS AT DAY TO BE PLACED RIGHT!111" at all, you can play just a bunch of games per week and still ending up where you belong, just a little later (I'd say 2/3 months to get there playing ONE game per day). And that SURELY doesn't apply for our OP, that played SEVEN HUNDREDS ranked only this season and is EXACTLY where he belongs atm. >It should be fair matchmaking though no matter if you invest the minimum amount of time or basically your entire freetime. It's already like that, if you play a lot you will just reach an accurate value sooner. ...unless your idea of "minimum time" is "once a month", ofc. And, again, let me reiterate: there is NO system in the WHOLE UNIVERSE that can tell you your rank after 3 games, that's just TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE due to the nature of the game. If you are asking for a system able to place you PRECISELY where you belong after your placement you are not asking for a "fair" one, but for a MAGICAL one. Btw: if you are playing VERY little LoL ranked is not for you anyway. Ranked games imply a little bit of "commitment" to them: you can play only 1 game every 2 weeks but, unless you are some kind of anime genius, you will never achieve much (and even if you do cause you are The One you will STILL get much worse results than you would with a little bit of consistency). And that's has nothing to do with "the MM" but ONLY with the fact that playing so few games won't allow you to gain the experience, knowledge etc needed to succeed.
: I know your matchmaking is bad, but, like...
Except MM works as intended, elo hell was proved to be a myth like 2389239232893928328933289 times and you are just a deluded player making excuses.
Stratixx (NA)
: League of legends boards is useless if riot doesn’t listen.
The community the "fun part" of the game, ROTFL. Riot "not listening" while the boards are literally filled with garbage, insults, silver players thinking they figured all out and they can tell the balance team what to do in the most arrogant, offensive way possible. You guys are SO blinded by your GIANT ego you won't even realize YOU always been the problem.
Rioter Comments
: > I do that kind of stuff a LOT and I am legit playing to win...just with strategies that involve a lot of losses on purpose (even late game, sometimes, btw) when I think is beneficial to me. In what kind of scenario would you want to lose late game? I've never thought of that :o > (you don't need to "put 10 lvl 1 guys late game" to lose a battle AT ALL, very subtle tweaks are more than enough to achieve the result) even for a HUMAN would be quite hard to tell. Yup I already know that. If you just want to int and not be detected, it's quite easy, but any serious tweaks will make you lose less HP so your strategy of losing super hard and fast to save your friend from the 7/8th spot will also fail. Remember, the point is not that you int yourself for free, but that you do it to save your hard losing friend from getting last place.
> [{quoted}](name=Doom emissary,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=57xHrIXG,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T18:48:28.696+0000) > > In what kind of scenario would you want to lose late game? Got 1 spatula, aiming for the 2nd one, carousel is near and I am a bit too high atm. Not a made up scenario, it actually happened more than once. Is not like late game, items (and the right champ occasionally) become less important, if anything is the opposite: it just become much more risky, but still potentially worth (I won games from 2 hp, beating up guys with still almost 80; if u managed to get ahead enough with items, synergies etc, it doesn't matter how low you are). > Yup I already know that. If you just want to int and not be detected, it's quite easy, but any serious tweaks will make you lose less HP so your strategy of losing super hard and fast to save your friend from the 7/8th spot will also fail. I said "subtle" tweaks, as "tweaks that aren't that noticeable", not "very small ones". When i fucked up and lost my synergies I did a very subtle tweak (ONE champion swap), but it DESTROYED the strength of my team, i lost so much raw power is not even funny. Would have been the perfect trolling...if it wasn't an accident. And if you need to save yourself from 8th place you can just do wtf you want anyway: 99,999% of the time is still kinda early and losing to get priority in the carousel is super normal (as normal as doing it, messing up a bit and ending up losing; I surely died a lot that way for being too reckless). And, btw, even getting it further, trying to get priority until u get SUPER low to load up on strong items etc can totally be a viable strategy, or at least a perfectly legit one, NO one has the right to say "nope, that was too much, is clearly on purpose", surely not a machine. Again: is a game where losing on PURPOSE is a perfectly viable strategy (and, no, an automated system can't question it trying to decide stuff like "mmm in this instance that was too much of a bad move, you are inting!11") on every stage of the game, where you can commit even SUPER bad mistakes at every round: a machine can't grasp that, period. Edit: for instance, I just tried my first ranked Lost hardcore through 75% of the game, hardstuck in 8th place: I ended up 3rd with a bit of bad luck (a "tie" when was about to landing the killing blow on the last guy that costed me half of my remaining health in a critical situation etc), harvesting a lot of cool items, etc.
: > Not true; if you queue up with other 2 you are up against only 5 true enemies. Yeah you're right. I was using wrong number, my bad. > You partially misunderstood me on that one. I meant the "we will aim for 7th and 8th place on purpose" strategy as a last resort, if the one supposed to do well is sinking super hard and there is no way to help him other than losing super fast to at least spare him a last place (which is SUPER easy to do btw: putting on the field random tier 1 champs with no synergies is basically a death sentence, I NEVER have problem losing when I want to). That was already covered by my point. If you are only using it as last resort, then there are chances you'll end up facing him end beat him. So you're gonna make him lose HP and hurt him a lot instead of helping him. So you might be the cause he sinks super hard. If you guys choose to have medium/bad teams to make sure he always beat you if you end up against him, you might all sink and always be in the 7/8th situation. The fact that there are 5 other players and that you can't know who you'll be playing against before organizing your arena makes it hard to help consistently. You'll be able to do it in some games, but you'll mess up a lot in others. > Same old story: an automated system can work fairly well when it needs to spot flamers, but is REAAALLY bad when it needs to understand what's "trolling" and what's not, even in situations SUPER clear to a human being. LOL and TFT work differently. It's very hard for an automated system to detect someone soft inting in league. But is it fairly easy to detect when someone is doing that in TFT by comparing what he have on his bench (like having awesome synergies and 3 stars) or what he sold compared to what he put on the arena. It just needs to compare units rather than understand a behavior like in league. Someone selling all his 3/2 stars in round 25 to only put new units with 0 synergies can be detected by an automated system without a problem. ___ I'm not saying the system is foolproof. I'm just saying that it's very nature will make it hard for people to boost consistently.
> [{quoted}](name=Doom emissary,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=57xHrIXG,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T17:56:27.392+0000) > That was already covered by my point. If you are only using it as last resort, then there are chances you'll end up facing him end beat him. Ofc. ...like with every other enemy you may face. Is not a disadvantage at all, is just a way of saying "you can't cheat in EVERY aspect of the game", and on that ofc I agree. Plus, you can coordinate with them: if you wanna keep up your winning streak you can tell them to put shit on the field, if you wanna do the opposite to bring up the A game and so forth. > LOL and TFT work differently. It's very hard for an automated system to detect someone soft inting in league. But is it fairly easy to detect when someone is doing that in TFT by comparing what he have on his bench (like having awesome synergies and 3 stars) or what he sold compared to what he put on the arena. That would be a TERRIBLE idea. I do that kind of stuff a LOT and I am legit playing to win...just with strategies that involve a lot of losses on purpose (even late game, sometimes, btw) when I think is beneficial to me. And last game I lost cause I DESTROYED my best synergies before a decisive fight...because I legit fucked up being pressed by the timer (lost my 6 noble AND my guardian ones, the first being the one I was aiming for the whole game). A GIANT mistake? Of course. An intentional one? Not on your life, I raged quite hard for that. An automated system can't judge that kind of stuff at all cause is a game mode where TONS of legit fucking up happens in every match: and outside very fringe, non realistic scenarios (you don't need to "put 10 lvl 1 guys late game" to lose a battle AT ALL, very subtle tweaks are more than enough to achieve the result) even for a HUMAN would be quite hard to tell. And remember Riot (understandable) policy: "we can ban that stuff only when we are 137% sure the guy is guilty: we rather let 100 trolls walk away than penalize an innocent player". Other than that, cmon. On paper detecting an obvious inter should be a joke...and is STILL something SUPER hard for the system, even if the guy basically run down mid.
: First, don't forget that they are 5 other players trying to win and that you don't choose who to play against each round. Secondly, It's not like league where you can control your champ and let your friend kill you. There is also the fact that the game will always take champs from your bench and put them in the arena if you don't have enough (so you can't play with less champs than your level). Your arena is also locked **before** you can see who you are playing against (so you can't sell last minute). The only way to guarantee your loss is not to buy anything (keep an empty bench) or only put tier 1 units with 1 star. But that also means that you'll take massive damage from all other 5 players (you only have 2/7 chances to face your allies) and will die before even facing your friend. If you want to survive to help him later, you need a decent team, and that might make you win against him if you face him. Thirdly, If they keep going for 7th and 8th place (to leave you with 6 possible placements), they can easily derank so you won't be able to keep playing with them. Plus, they will be detected/reported and banned easily if they do something that obvious. Same thing if they group to block someone in the carousel, they can be reported and then banned quickly. If they buy your counters and keep them on the bench while putting 1 star units on their arena, they will take massive damage from other players and might die super early so their impact in helping you or denying others will not be that big (especially since nobody knows how his team will look late game). If they put them on their arena, they might face you and make you lose HP. I'm not saying that there is no way to help your friends or boost them. I'm just saying that the impact will be very small and rare due to the nature of the game. What do you think?
> [{quoted}](name=Doom emissary,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=57xHrIXG,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-17T15:26:51.836+0000) > > First, don't forget that they are 7 other players trying to win and that you don't choose who to play against each round. Not true; if you queue up with other 2 you are up against only 5 true enemies. > > Secondly, It's not like league where you can control your champ and let your friend kill you. There is also the fact that the game will always take champs from your bench and put them in the arena if you don't have enough (so you can't play with less champs than your level). Your arena is also locked **before** you can see who you are playing against (so you can't sell last minute). > The only way to guarantee your loss is not to buy anything (keep an empty bench) or only put tier 1 units with 1 star. But that also means that you'll take massive damage from all other 7 players (you only have 2/9 chances to face your allies) and will die before even facing your friend. If you want to survive to help him later, you need a decent team, and that might make you win against him if you face him. You partially misunderstood me on that one. I meant the "we will aim for 7th and 8th place on purpose" strategy as a last resort, if the one supposed to do well is sinking super hard and there is no way to help him other than losing super fast to at least spare him a last place (which is SUPER easy to do btw: putting on the field random tier 1 champs with no synergies is basically a death sentence, I NEVER have problem losing when I want to). The initial idea would be "let's try to help him rigging the carousel in his favor, picking champions that could hurt his strategy if chosen by other players etc"; and I am sure that I still missing a lot of other possible malicious interactions > Plus, they will be detected/reported and banned easily if they do something that obvious. I REALLY don't think that would be the case. Take LoL: atm you can troll in SUPER obvious ways and still be almost unbannable (the korean duo with a ZERO % win rate in over FOUR HUNDREDS GAMES says it all; they got eventually busted ONLY thanks to reddit, despite totally trolling an OBSCENE amount of games). Same old story: an automated system can work fairly well when it needs to spot flamers, but is REAAALLY bad when it needs to understand what's "trolling" and what's not, even in situations SUPER clear to a human being. > What do you think? I think the impact will be low, but mostly because the people won't care enough to commit that much effort to cheat the system. Still, there is room for some concerns IMO.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iExEfluc,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T14:48:55.664+0000) > > ...dumb out the game in a GIANT way when is too much, and atm we are almost drowning in it. > I am playing since beta: and when you could actually buy wards at the shop and trinkets weren't a thing the average vision in the early game was like TEN TIME worse lol, not even remotely close: you had ZERO vision at the start and even after that spending any amount of gold on wards was very problematic early on, often being the difference between being able to afford a (basic) item or not ("tsk my cousin was there and he always had 10 wards in his inventory!11!!": good for him, the average reality of the time was a "little" different). > If you keep getting "OS by junglers that pop in front of you out of nowhere" you are playing VERY poorly, with no actual clues about how to read the map, the jungler movements and so forth, period. > > ("You" as "every single player that is experiencing this") Even LCS players die to ganks quite often, and often you'll be hearing people talk about how "there was no escape" or something very similar. Some ganks are just outright, objectively, unavoidable without information ahead of time. 'Playing near tower' is not the correct way to play the game, 'else champions like Illaoi and Darius would not exist... and people who think it is the correct way to play are part of why the LCS is so boring right now, where everyone's afraid to make some plays until it's ARAM time Mid because the enemy jungler might be waiting in the bush. The only time you'll be to blame for being ganked is if you had A: a ward off-cooldown, B: are playing a champion with fair mobility, and C: aren't squishy. Otherwise, you're fucked. You've seen an influx of 'safe' players that refuse to kill a Lucian an auto away from death because they personally are **only** at 95% max health, and this is why: the current game state sucks balls and indirectly punishes playmaking.
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsuné Orrion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iExEfluc,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T15:34:54.809+0000) > > Even LCS players die to ganks quite often They don't. They die ten times less than a silver player, and for sure they VERY rarely don't "get OS out of nowhere without realizing the jungler was there until too late" >and often you'll be hearing people talk about how "there was no escape" yeah, LCS players makes excuses like everyone else when they are losing, they die etc, yeah if u listen to NB3 stream MAGICALLY all the CHALLENGER players in his team are "brain dead r%%%%%ed monkey", ALWAYS yeah, that means it must be totally true...right? Again, to the point you very conveniently skipped (at least you stopped insulting, I guess that's something): vision early game (the only time when it matters for ganks) is at its peak, PERIOD. Your "ohhh in the good old days there was much more vision" is an objective LIE, cause is the total opposite. Over the years LoL tried to appeal to a more and more wider potential audience and the game become less and less "hardcore" or, if you will, more "noob friendly": and THE thing that made the low rank players rage the most were ganks. So, over time, Riot did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are claiming, giving laner more and more ways to have easy access to early vision. Your WHOLE argument is FATALLY flawed cause your very basic premise is TOTALLY false: realize the fact that if u "keep getting OS by surprise ganks you weren't expecting" is because you lack map awareness, jungle knowledge (as a jungler main is VERY easy to be able to roughly predict the pattern of the enemy jungler most of the time) and so forth, instead of blaming a system designed to be SUPER protective early on, vision wise. Do that, and you will become a better player, climb the ladder etc. Or you can keep blaming the system the "game state" and other BS, I guess that works too.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsuné Orrion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iExEfluc,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-11T23:18:56.682+0000) > > Oh? I'd say vision actually ...dumb out the game in a GIANT way when is too much, and atm we are almost drowning in it. I am playing since beta: and when you could actually buy wards at the shop and trinkets weren't a thing the average vision in the early game was like TEN TIME worse lol, not even remotely close: you had ZERO vision at the start and even after that spending any amount of gold on wards was very problematic early on, often being the difference between being able to afford a (basic) item or not ("tsk my cousin was there and he always had 10 wards in his inventory!11!!": good for him, the average reality of the time was a "little" different). If you keep getting "OS by junglers that pop in front of you out of nowhere" you are playing VERY poorly, with no actual clues about how to read the map, the jungler movements and so forth, period. ("You" as "every single player that is experiencing this")
MaFyO2154 (EUW)
: the game would be less toxic if the game would be more enjoyable
No, just no. The game IS fine, the toxicity is high cause is a competitive game, period.
: here i am still wanting Dominion back
> [{quoted}](name=frazzerlyD,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yEhW4mAF,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-07T18:49:38.156+0000) > >bring back the best game mode leagues ever had. AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vKvAfyNH,comment-id=001900000000,timestamp=2019-07-06T17:47:13.852+0000) > > You are still upvoted, so is not that unpopular either, but that wasn't my point anyway. It's almost split down the middle, 25 (including myself) to 20. If this was a popular opinion I'd be upvoted through the roof rn. > Srsly: u said an absolute truth and I couldn't agree more but...that thing is SO cringe. Are you here to discuss the thread or are you here to discuss my title? Honestly, you getting into a discussion about my title rather than the content of the thread is the real cringe here, if anything. How do two words bother you that much?
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vKvAfyNH,comment-id=0019000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-06T17:51:03.094+0000) > > It's almost split down the middle So, not unpopular at all. > Are you here to discuss the thread I already did it, you were 100% right on your point, nothing more to add about it. > How do two words bother you that much? Cause they are just pretentious BS to feel "special" and "cool". I can throw the question back at you: why you felt the need to add them? To specify that your was "an unpopular opinion" (Btw: 90% of the "unpopular opinion threads" are upvoted like hell)? What added to your original point other than a "look at me, I am not like the others!"?
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vKvAfyNH,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-07-06T14:48:40.790+0000) > > I wanted so much to upvote this cause you said an objective truth but..."unpopular opinion" ruined it :/ Look at some of the replies in this thread. It's not exactly a popular opinion.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vKvAfyNH,comment-id=00190000,timestamp=2019-07-06T17:36:29.744+0000) > > It's not exactly a popular opinion. You are still upvoted, so is not that unpopular either, but that wasn't my point anyway. My point was: "Please, please, PLEASE, stop starting your threads with "Unpopular opinion", please. You won't be more special that way, you look just like someone desperately saying "See? I am speaking my mind even if many of you will disagree, how cool is that???", that's just lame. You don't need to state it something like that at all (even when is true), is a fucking dumb trend, pls mercy". Srsly: u said an absolute truth and I couldn't agree more but...that thing is SO cringe.
: Unpopular Opinion: People complain about League's balance while not knowing enough about balance
I wanted so much to upvote this cause you said an objective truth but..."unpopular opinion" ruined it :/
: Tbh all u need to do is build guardian angel against every assassin. You cannot stop any fed assassin without it no matter what u build of course if you're ADC of maybe a mage with low resistances, but if Rengar hasn't been nerfed it's because it's way more easy to stop him than stopping for example Kha Zix or Zed, or maybe even Fizz, he just jumps in, tries to kill u, u need to flash asap or use your mobility (you need to be very fast if he's skilled i'll admit or you'll be oneshotted too quickly) Anyways you can peel him off with a little bit of CC. It's annoying how support shut me down with a little CC, i feel forced to build nights edge everytime i play him, i'm not too good at him because i picked him up recently due to Shaco's current state, hes trash rn
> [{quoted}](name=Coulrofobia,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hOhrXdA1,comment-id=000b00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T23:26:15.307+0000) > >You cannot stop any fed assassin without it ...that's just plain false. >he just jumps in ...and you are OS immediately, without the chance of doing anything (talking about a fed Rengar ofc) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyNGcLWcvM8 Just watch the 2nd clip, that guy (at full hp) died the INSTANT rengar appeared on him and there was no realistic way to stop that. >Anyways you can peel him off with a little bit of CC ...no? that's the whole problem about him LOL You CAN'T cc him until is too late (again: when is fed, a Rengar doing average is a totally different story), that's the GIANT difference between him and Zed, Fizz etc; they can still be kited, cc'd etc even when fed, Rengar can't. Again: just browse yt a bit and you fill find TONS of clip of Rengar OS from full live literally the INSTANT he appear, at every elo. >It's annoying how support shut me down with a little CC You answered yourself already. They are able to do it cause you are not a very good Rengar, otherwise that would be TOTALLY impossible once you were fed enough (again, that's the key: you need to past a certain point to be able to OS and leave 0 counterplay)
Madjack01 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=beqWHrTu,comment-id=000800000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T19:22:29.667+0000) > > www.google.it is slang, it means "pathetic scumbag" basically Oh god you actually did work at a law office... sweeping floors.
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=beqWHrTu,comment-id=0008000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T19:26:47.532+0000) > > Oh god you actually did work at a law office. Yup.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=beqWHrTu,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T18:54:45.180+0000) > > Uw. Uw?
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=beqWHrTu,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T19:14:01.173+0000) > > Uw? is slang, it means "pathetic scumbag" basically
Madjack01 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SAILOR SATANA,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=beqWHrTu,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-07-03T16:54:34.011+0000) > > Yeah, that's pretty much as low as you can get. Thank you. I was pretty proud about that one myself. A shame that such a chance presents itself too rarely.
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=beqWHrTu,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T18:41:32.065+0000) > > Thank you. Uw.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: I was matched against a mate who wasn't in my friend list but I recognized the username from other games. I wasn't in the mood for talking so I didn't say anything. When he started kicking my ass, I shared some details about his gf with him that a stranger could not know unless he hacked him. When I told him I would visit her tonight (with a vague location), he was so creeped out that he left the game and we won. Weeks later we were talking about LoL and he complained about how toxic the community had become. He was especially elaborate about his encounter with that one creepy hacker dude. Funnily enough, the way he told it was much worse than it actually was. Needless to say, I didn't feel the need to explain what happened.
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=beqWHrTu,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-07-03T05:18:59.156+0000) > When he started kicking my ass, I shared some details about his gf with him that a stranger could not know unless he hacked him. When I told him I would visit her tonight (with a vague location), he was so creeped out that he left the game and we won. Yeah, that's pretty much as low as you can get. Btw, about that "he told it was much worse than it actually was": I worked in a law office until 2 weeks ago, and what you did could legit grant you a complaint and a lawsuit.
: Tbh assassins are all like that. Zed W and immediatly R+E+Q you and you're pretty much dead, u can at least pray that your support can immobilize or pull Rengar away as he has no form of going back to u if he doesn't kill u fast, but with Zed? God, he can go in and out as he wishes and you would still do nothing but try to run from him, Kha'Zix will instaoneshot you from E and a basic attack, maybe a passive reset with his ult, Fizz would just ult you and you're gone, etc
> [{quoted}](name=Coulrofobia,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hOhrXdA1,comment-id=000b000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T09:08:09.812+0000) > > Tbh assassins are all like that. No, not at all. There is a HUGE difference between rengar and others like zed: a fed enough Rengar can insta shot an adc from stealth with virtually 0 counterplay/interaction, while you CAN do something about zed, fizz etc. They can all obliterate a squishy target and they can all be frustrating to deal with, but you can still interact with them, you can still try to avoid their skills, your team can still peel for you etc. That doesn't apply for Rengar: sometimes I play with a d2 friend of mine, and often he goes adc. For some reasons we happen to encounter a lot of Rengar of various skill level (usually WAY lower than my friend level), and every time they get fed enough he just tell me "well I am screwed, there is basically NOTHING that ANYONE can do to save me if he decide to ult me, not even having my supp on top of me the whole time". We are talking about a REALLY good player, very a vast knowledge of the game, usually able to laugh in the face of champs like Zed&Co with proper positioning etc: but with Rengar is not about skill, you just can't do shit. Just an exemple btw: NB3 use him a lot and still admit that his kit is SUPER toxic etc etc etc Edit: mind me, I DON'T like assassins in general very much, I think they often have quite a toxic/unfair kit, with too much mobility/safety build in (zed, le blanc...). But Rengar is on a different level on a toxic scale
: > [{quoted}](name=ticklethepickle5,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-03T00:06:10.524+0000) > > I'm pretty sure this person is trolling I am...137% sure is trolling ;) But is not a very smart troll :D
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T00:14:04.822+0000) > lol watch out now Eheh well that's not that bad of a troll-line IMO, is the good old "I am better than you all" trick to trigger people. Not super brilliant, but an honest attempt. And, to be fair, his first reply to me was really good, I legit laughed (trolling-wise ofc). But his latest mex...meeeh. I think I'll go to sleep, is not very fun anymore :/
: > [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-02T23:50:31.516+0000) > > No, it was exactly what I said here because it was implied. Like it was implied that 137% was an hyperbole? Something that even a 8yo would have grasped? Again, strange how you stop to be SUPER literal when you start to grasp for air... :* >us adults rotfl ^________^
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T00:04:33.663+0000) > > What you are mistaking is that it would be unreasonable to bla bla bla :/ You are losing your edge man. I know I put you into a corner but that mirrorclimb was just...sad. And even the Jesus references eh...on the boards, really? You won't get people mad with that stuff dude, you really let me down :/
: I'm pretty sure this person is trolling and you're wasting your time arguing. >I am #BLESS and surely, you want to be too. Theres no way any person who was trying to make an argument would unironically say that, especially after saying: >Instead of groveling for semantics and some desperate argument, you should talk normally.
> [{quoted}](name=ticklethepickle5,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-03T00:06:10.524+0000) > > I'm pretty sure this person is trolling I am...137% sure is trolling ;) But is not a very smart troll :D
: No, it was exactly what I said here because it was implied. Whether you like it or not, context is not going to be explained to you until you in any normal communication or social situation. It's just something us adult types like to assume from one another. That is, until you show special needs, then if we're super nice (which we usually can't be bothered to be), we'll hold your hand and walk you through it like I already did. I don't beg, I provide. This is the player behavior forum, not memes and games. You should shy away from the word salads to avoid compromising yourself any further.
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-02T23:50:31.516+0000) > > No, it was exactly what I said here because it was implied. Like it was implied that 137% was an hyperbole? Something that even a 8yo would have grasped? Again, strange how you stop to be SUPER literal when you start to grasp for air... :* >us adults rotfl ^________^
: You're wrong. 137% is NOT a thing here. It is 0-100% only. Why? Because I, for one, am actually still on topic. Take a deep breath, jealousy never helped anybody. You should change tactics, your last reply isn't exactly in a language that can help you impress me nor validate yourself. Instead of groveling for semantics and some desperate argument, you should talk normally. Not only will it help you on these boards, but if you wanna be accepted in society, that's pretty much the only way to go. #WISDOM I am #BLESS and surely, you want to be too. Amen!
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-02T23:25:28.059+0000) > 137% is NOT a thing here. Sorry, still not what you said^^ Odd how you try to be SUPER precise only when is convenient uh?^^ (Again: you would still be dead wrong anyway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole ^^) >You should change tactics Awww don't start to beg now, I will feel bad! :* > Instead of groveling for semantics and some desperate argument You mean stuff like "TARZANED IS JUST A NICK" or "FOOOOOOL, YOU SAID 137%, I WILL PRETEND TO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF "HYPERBOLE" AND CLING ON IT"? ^__________^ Not as good as your first reply but you are stepping up! <3
: Percentages over 100% do not make sense in this context. raging in all caps doesn't change what points someone does or does not have, same goes for you, simmer down. You think you're being progressive but you're really not... #sadbuttroo
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-02T23:01:05.622+0000) > > Percentages over 100% do not make sense in this context. Meh, lame try. You said "137% isn't a thing", a very different statement... and a false one, period ^_^ (Even "Percentages over 100% do not make sense in this context." is false btw, cause...hyperboles are a thing; but we both know that and is not very funny for me to insist on that too much^^) > raging in all caps ? you ok bud? "raging in all caps"? That's your new "strategy"? "He used caps to put emphasis on some words, I'll just go with "AHAHAHAH YOU ARE RAGING" "? Overall, very disappointed :/ You can do WAY better than this cmon! ^^ (If I may give you a tip: your "simmer down" catchphrase has a lot of comed...true potential, you should milk it more!)
: 137% isn't a thing. What you meant to say is 100% but that is also incorrect. League of Legends is a roleplaying game. Tarzaned didn't boost anyone, his summoner did. And there is no evidence that he was the one piloting the account or had anything to do with this what so ever. Not to mention, that there is no way to verify that the person defending themselves is actually tarzened to begin with. The streamer in question might not even play league. Comeback? I am educating you. this isn't an argument, and, judging by your choice of language, i'm old enough to be your grandfather and so a "debate" is just off the table. Simmer down.
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-02T22:37:14.731+0000) > > League of Legends is a roleplaying game. Tarzaned didn't boost anyone, his summoner did. Well, gz. Those boards are filled with nonsense, literally imbued with it. And, yet, you managed to say something SO ridiculous to put EVERYTHING else I ever read to shame. With several bonus points awarded for trying to act like this was actually a smart comeback, like saying "AH 137% IS NOT A THING" (btw, 137% IS indeed a thing: you tried to be a smartass and you even TOTALLY failed at it, saying something TOTALLY incorrect even when trying to be super literal) and, my favorite of ALL time, "AHAHAH GOT YOU TARZENED IS JUST A NICKNAME AHAHAHAHAHA!1!!". When I read something nonsensical I usually don't bother with the rest of the post, but in your case I was SO amused by what you wrote that I had to check everything. Sadly, the rest wasn't up to par: your "I am educating you" granted me a chuckle, but nothing more. Keep trying tho, your comedic potential is off the chart ^_____^
: Then you just admitted that you are wrong. First, if you're going to try to argue, don't refute your own case. Now that that's out of the way, all accounts are independent. He didn't boost anyone. /thread
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-02T22:25:32.328+0000) > > Then you just admitted that you are wrong. Rotfl. "There is a VIDEO WITH AUDIO with 137% irrefutable proof of him cheating" "AH YOU ADMITTED THAT YOU ARE WRONG!11 > First, if you're going to try to argue, don't refute your own case. Second, don't be so desperate to make up imaginary stuff just to try a comeback > Now that that's out of the way, all accounts are independent. No, they are not. Riot stated CLEARLY that if you boost/win trade etc using secondary accounts and you get caught you can potentially be penalized on ALL your accounts, and surely on your main.
: He wasn't perma banned because there was no evidence of him boosting. He advertised boosting , potentially as a joke and so a slap on his wrist.
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NIapOwvg,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-07-02T21:52:20.558+0000) > > He wasn't perma banned because there was no evidence of him boosting. > > He advertised boosting , potentially as a joke and so a slap on his wrist. wtf are u talking about LOL there is a whole video WITH AUDIO where is CRYSTAL CLEAR that he did it and he even plain admitted it, "defending" himself with "I didn't do it ON MY MAIN" and on the ban log is EXPRESSLY said he was banned for boosting, PERIOD
: Tazraned banned for BoostingTazraned banned for Boosting
This is actually a joke. If that's not worthy of a direct perma ban I REALLY don't know what could be.
: You are simply not good enough
I am surprised u weren't actually buried in downvotes to state such a simple fact.
: Well then there's another champion like Rengar who just jumps on you, makes a magic trick and makes u disappear! He's the true magician of the rift!
> [{quoted}](name=Coulrofobia,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hOhrXdA1,comment-id=000b0001,timestamp=2019-07-02T08:51:29.375+0000) > > Well then there's another champion like Rengar who just jumps on you, makes a magic trick and makes u disappear! He's the true magician of the rift! Ehm... Basically every high elo player with half a brain knows perfectly that Rengar kit is SUPER broken and toxic (I'll repeat again: broken /=OP), yeah. And is another champ that is way too good..._**for being THAT toxic and unfair**_
: Whats funny? Ur complaining about shaco who does ACTUALLY NO DAMAGE after he was nerfed 50x, yet before the rework he was twice as strong, and everyone complained about him being USELESS not op, he was fucking trash in high elo you had to be the smartest player in the game to do anything. And you are probably some stupid new player from season 8 who only cares about reworking everyones fucking champions and mega hentai skins, what can i say to you, what do you main malphite? If you refuse to spend 75 gold to counter a champ, because you r LAZY, dont fking complain about it being broken. Before the rework, nobody complained. Now you complain, like what the fuck man?
> [{quoted}](name=NoPolishAllowed,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=26zZiJv8,comment-id=0008000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-02T11:29:37.191+0000) > > Whats funny? Ur complaining about shaco who does ACTUALLY NO DAMAGE didn't complain about his damage, I stated a simple fact: his kit is BEYOND broken ( btw: broken /= OP) and toxic and, thus, Shaco can't be allowed to be really good until that's properly addressed > And you are probably some stupid new player from season 8 So... Since I am playing since beta it means that, by your logic, I am automatically right, mh? Like...don't you feel embarrassed to use that kind of "reasoning"?
Show more

SAILOR SATANA

Level 45 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion