: Look at these absolute Chads
: Please let him introduce himself by his many aliases Daenerys-style whenever he first meets an enemy.
No, Summon a spooky servant to do it for him. Like the occasional Shadow of War orc that doesn't talk but has his own personal hype man
: Why not {{champion:8}} x {{champion:141}} ?
https://media.giphy.com/media/Moo7MaEdEJ7mo/giphy.gif
: Matt, don‘t jerk yourself off too hard.
Why do you even bother saying that? You know better than that.
: Make Fun Of C9 Again. "NA LUL" again.
: Yep! That was me. I, too, think turrets are made of mouse farts and bird vomit.
I feel a strong need to make a cheesy reference to [Gleipnir](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleipnir) here...
saltran (EUW)
: But is fun on Renek and Jax when you are stomping so it was a good rework /s
Eh, I enjoy the fact that Renekton has to manage his cooldowns well when I play him, so I don't enjoy the item on him at all :P
afmghost (NA)
: Unpopular opinion: We need more tragic endings in movies and stories
I absolutely agree. Something I remember from when I played Far Cry 5 (Spoilers for Far Cry 5, just in case.) Is that, when I played through both of the endings, I was surprised, in a positive way. Because the villain, who we had been branding a nutjob for the entire game, was right. And I thought that was really fucking awesome. But then I looked over at Reddit, looked over at youtube comments. And there were people who were really fucking upset they didn't get a happy ending. They felt like they weren't being rewarded for playing through the game because the Villain won. Which... Doesn't make sense to me.
: > [{quoted}](name=FurorDivinus27,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Pc7fgERH,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-09-05T16:16:45.353+0000) > > Both what he and Froskurrin said and the PAX thing. It's one big bubble of "why the fuck did this happen?"/"why is Riot allowing this to happen?". I keep seeing people float Froskurrin's name around, but I haven't seen anyone actually link to a specific post of hers. I'm guessing that means she wasn't nearly on DZK's level.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Pc7fgERH,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-09-05T16:20:11.815+0000) > > I keep seeing people float Froskurrin's name around, but I haven't seen anyone actually link to a specific post of hers. I'm guessing that means she wasn't nearly on DZK's level. https://twitter.com/Froskurinn/status/1035865050974539776
: > [{quoted}](name=Tidal Tyrant,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jNbEdNEh,comment-id=0000000000010001,timestamp=2018-08-31T19:47:22.557+0000) > > Are they though? Perhaps in some of them, and I won't disagree with the threads that are not at all league related in the issues they discuss being shut down. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/gO3JGVMt-riot-if-you-get-woke-you-will-go-broke > > This thread though, for example, has, in my opinion, a message that is related to League. Or atleast Riot. > The OP is not exactly subtle in his use of language, but he voices a concern. > He is concerned Riot is going down a road that alienates their audience while appealing to a crowd that does not consume their product. Which would result in Riot shooting themselves in the foot for obvious reasons. > > I'd say that's just as League related as a discussion on Riot's skin pricing or the Hextech crafting system and the entire lootbox discussion. > > Now you can disagree with the message, or have an issue with the choice of words used in the thread. > (I think both sides of this argument are very well capable of using language that just divides rather than convincing anyone of their views or promoting discussion.) > But the thread itself is, IMO, acceptable. Now if the comments devolved into a full blown shitstorm, possibly as a result of the OP's choice of words, yeah fair enough I could see why it'd get locked. That thread you posted is ignorant, because he's using comic book companies, which have been in heavy decline since the creation of the internet, to try to paint an image of how companies are failing due to "SJW" inclusions - those companies didn't suffer sales loss due to "SJWs," they suffered sales loss and closings because they're a magazine industry in the computer age. Same is true to a lesser extent for Crunchyroll, they're forging forward into licensing their own shows for distribution, but they're actually behind the times here since Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon has been doing that extremely heavily recently, including importing anime - it's understandable that they're lagging because they're slow to get on a ship that had already been sailing for a few years. What's happening is similar to this: In Summer, ice cream sales go up. Theft and assault charges also go up in summer. To someone who doesn't know better, you'd assume ice cream leads to the rise of theft and assault. In reality, both are related to something entirely different - the heat. People eat ice cream in summer heat. People are also outside more in summer warmth, giving thieves and muggers more opportunities. Thinking one thing affects another, when both are merely symptoms of a different cause, is what is known as a false correlation. The situations your article presents pose a similar situation - he's trying to link all these things in a false correlation that in reality have nothing to do with "SJWs," and instead have to do with the culture and technological advances of the specific industries they're in. Furthermore, that thread is justifying why Riot shouldn't actively work towards creating a more diverse workplace free of discrimination by claiming it's bad for business and that they'll lose players - this simply isn't true. Sure, some players will leave, those who share those bigoted beliefs, but on the whole, there's not an ounce of damage that will occur to any company that's striving to diversity and have better working environments for it's employees. And if the recent movement of women who've come forward about the sexual harassment at their jobs have taught male dominated businesses anything, it's that _no one is protected when the truth comes out._ Formerly great people have fallen due to the scandals that have hit them like a train, and Riot is currently en route to jump headfirst into one if they don't change their ways fast. So TLDR - there's no reason to not diversify. People are demonizing it because they're bigots. Your article is claiming things that simply are coincidental, but aren't true. That article isn't trying to talk about the game or Riot, they're trying to push their bigoted ideals on Riot and claim that if they don't preserve bigotry, they'll go out of business.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jNbEdNEh,comment-id=00000000000100010000,timestamp=2018-08-31T20:02:30.964+0000) > > That thread you posted is ignorant, because he's using comic book companies, which have been in heavy decline since the creation of the internet, to try to paint an image of how companies are failing due to "SJW" inclusions - those companies didn't suffer sales loss due to "SJWs," they suffered sales loss and closings because they're a magazine industry in the computer age. Same is true to a lesser extent for Crunchyroll, they're forging forward into licensing their own shows for distribution, but they're actually behind the times here since Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon has been doing that extremely heavily recently, including importing anime - it's understandable that they're lagging because they're slow to get on a ship that had already been sailing for a few years. > What's happening is similar to this: In Summer, ice cream sales go up. Theft and assault charges also go up in summer. To someone who doesn't know better, you'd assume ice cream leads to the rise of theft and assault. In reality, both are related to something entirely different - the heat. People eat ice cream in summer heat. People are also outside more in summer warmth, giving thieves and muggers more opportunities. This is what is known as a false correlation. > The situations your article presents pose a similar situation - he's trying to link all these things in a false correlation that in reality have nothing to do with "SJWs," and instead have to do with the culture and technological advances of the specific industries they're in. > > Furthermore, that thread is justifying why Riot shouldn't actively work towards creating a more diverse workplace free of discrimination by claiming it's bad for business and that they'll lose players - this simply isn't true. Sure, some players will leave, those who share those bigoted beliefs, but on the whole, there's not an ounce of damage that will occur to any company that's striving to diversity and have better working environments for it's employees. And if the recent movement of women who've come forward about the sexual harassment at their jobs have taught male dominated businesses anything, it's that _no one is protected when the truth comes out._ Formerly great people have fallen due to the scandals that have hit them like a train, and Riot is currently en route to jump headfirst into one if they don't change their ways fast. > > So TLDR - there's no reason to not diversify. People are demonizing it because they're bigots. Your article is claiming things that simply are coincidental, but aren't true. That article isn't trying to talk about the game or Riot, they're trying to push their bigoted ideals on Riot and claim that if they don't preserve bigotry, they'll go out of business. You actually bring up some very good points in that first part. I think that is very likely to be atleast a part of the truth. I don't know if it's the whole truth, I simply don't know enough about the topic of comic books to say for sure. I don't know if there was a significant decrease in sales for comics the 'diverse' comics specifically, while others were holding out fine, or something among those lines. The truth is rarely black and white in my eyes though. I don't think most people are against Riot hiring Women. I'd certainly hope they're not atleast lol I think most people are entirely okay with Riot hiring women, or people from minority groups. What most people do take issue with is hiring people from these groups *because* they're women or a minority group, instead of hiring based on competence. I'm not saying that's what Riot is doing or will be doing, but I think it's worth pointing out.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tidal Tyrant,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jNbEdNEh,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-31T19:08:09.122+0000) > > I mean, you could argue folks are discussing the way something is affecting League, which does belong on here. > It's not like it's a discussion on PC culture in general. > > Let's say, I argue ''League of Legends needs more LGBTQ representation''. You could argue it to be a political topic. > > But then again, this is Riot's platform and they're allowed to shut down whatever conversation they want. > That doesn't mean people have to agree with it though. Most of the threads I've seen are bashing SJWs just because they don't like them, they're trying to instigate people into arguing about SJWs and their own views, they're trying to martyrize themselves by claiming they're being censored by Riot for "exposing them," and they're also propagating information in a sensationalized way similar to that of a tabloid. The majority of these threads aren't intending to discuss political correctness in the scope of the game - they just want to create an echo chamber where they can bash anyone requesting diversity and spew their own bigoted beliefs.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jNbEdNEh,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-31T19:17:43.579+0000) > > Most of the threads I've seen are bashing SJWs just because they don't like them, they're trying to instigate people into arguing about SJWs and their own views, they're trying to martyrize themselves by claiming they're being censored by Riot for "exposing them," and they're also propagating information in a sensationalized way similar to that of a tabloid. The majority of these threads aren't intending to discuss political correctness in the scope of the game - they just want to create an echo chamber where they can bash anyone requesting diversity and spew their own bigoted beliefs. Are they though? Perhaps in some of them, and I won't disagree with the threads that are not at all league related in the issues they discuss being shut down. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/gO3JGVMt-riot-if-you-get-woke-you-will-go-broke This thread though, for example, has, in my opinion, a message that is related to League. Or atleast Riot. The OP is not exactly subtle in his use of language, but he voices a concern. He is concerned Riot is going down a road that alienates their audience while appealing to a crowd that does not consume their product. Which would result in Riot shooting themselves in the foot for obvious reasons. I'd say that's just as League related as a discussion on Riot's skin pricing or the Hextech crafting system and the entire lootbox discussion. Now you can disagree with the message, or have an issue with the choice of words used in the thread. (I think both sides of this argument are very well capable of using language that just divides rather than convincing anyone of their views or promoting discussion.) But the thread itself is, IMO, acceptable. Now if the comments devolved into a full blown shitstorm, possibly as a result of the OP's choice of words, yeah fair enough I could see why it'd get locked.
: The mods are locking it because it's **against the rules to put political debates here**. It has nothing to do with censorship or anything.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jNbEdNEh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-31T18:11:25.330+0000) > > The mods are locking it because it's **against the rules to put political debates here**. It has nothing to do with censorship or anything. I mean, you could argue folks are discussing the way something is affecting League, which does belong on here. It's not like it's a discussion on PC culture in general. Let's say, I argue ''League of Legends needs more LGBTQ representation''. You could argue it to be a political topic. But then again, this is Riot's platform and they're allowed to shut down whatever conversation they want. That doesn't mean people have to agree with it though.
: I guess I'm probably just repeating myself here, but I disagree completely on Stormrazor's design. Even Riot has said that they pushed too hard on front-loaded damage, and Stormrazor is one of the major culprits. It's one of the main reasons, along with Duskblade and Statikk Shiv, why AD champions deal far too much burst damage upfront, and its function in relation to Shiv and Duskblade is redundant.
I mean, when the item was on PBE they said that, if people were to stack it with Duskblade, they'd make those items non-stackable. And IIRC they'll be implementing that? Didn't Meddler mention something of the sort when he talked about Damage creep? I think it brought plenty of good to the table and if you can simply fix the duskblade stacking issue, there's no reason to remove the item.
: My thoughts on this: * I agree, both Stormrazor and Essence Reaver are horribly designed. At this point, I'd suggest deleting both of them, as both of them arguably occupy a niche that should not exist in the first place (we don't need more upfront burst, nor do we need Lucian having virtually no cooldowns for a window of time). Marksmen do need more items overall, as well as some better rush choices for sure, but I feel neither Stormrazor nor Essence Reaver satisfy that in a healthy manner, at least not in their current state. * I think now is as good a time as any to finally rework crit. Crit as a random chance to deal bonus damage has never really worked out well, as it doesn't feel particularly fair to rely on or play against (you can't really play against RNG). Moreover, there are valid fantasies that could be covered with crit that crit currently just obstructs: critical hits should be about landing exceptional attacks, whether it be lining up a headshot with Caitlyn, or getting that deadly fourth hit in as Jhin. Crits should be specific, predefined attacks that run along predictable rules that can be both exploited and outplayed, and crit itemization should cater to that by making crits even higher moments (and not necessarily just through damage). Crit marksmen should be a subclass of marksmen that rely on those critical hits within their own kits, rather than just marksmen geared towards a certain stat. The basic two stats any marksman should scale with are AD and attack speed (and sometimes CDR), and marksmen shouldn't be made dependent on a third stat just to be able to scale normally. Considering how critical strike chance exists on only one item and its upgrades (i.e. Brawler's Gloves, which builds exclusively into Zeal, which then builds into items with near-identical stats), I think it's become easier than ever before to rework crit, and remove its RNG component once and for all. * Side note, I don't think Jhin should gain bonus movement speed from his kit. Jhin was touted as this immobile marksman on release, but in practice he's shown himself to be capable of outrunning opponents and moving quite fast (with the right build, in fact, he becomes The Fast). The end result is that he's a champion with immense range, damage and crowd control, but also a substantial amount of movement speed. Removing this bonus wouldn't completely solve all of his issues, because marksman itemization offers a lot of persistent MS still, but it would allow him to be truly immobile in a vacuum at the very least.
I disagree with Stormrazor being horribly designed, I think it was actually a great addition to the game. Especially because it was a decent band-aid for the design issues in Crit itemization. However, I think reducing it's cost to 2800 gold was a terrible idea
Quepha (NA)
: This is a symptom of the problem with the core of swain’s rework: they admitted they didn’t look at old swain to draw on inspiration for the new one. Just another case of Riot “fixing” problems by outright deleting characters, paving over them, and putting something completely different in its place to maximize the dissonance between players’ memories and the new state of the game.
Buddy, this thread is 7 months old. I have no idea why on earth people are commenting on it.
: It does. All of them. Though only the first barrel in a chain triggers Tiamat passives. There’s a reason to TriForce on his is ridiculously strong.
This is incorrect. The only on-hit effects applied on Powder Kegs are Sheens, Iceborn Gauntlets and Trinity Force's. Tiamat Items have their AoE effect applied around the Keg GP shoots or hits because it's an AA that detonates the Keg, he procs the Tiamat effect on the Keg. Bloodrazor, Bork, Deadman's Plate; You name it. They do not interact with Powder Keg in any way shape or form. For Reference, I have 940k mastery points on Gangplank. I know what I'm talking about :P
Zeddiken (NA)
: Does the golden rule apply to RIOT Games employees?
A bunch of Ex-Rioters have claimed for this article to be true. But then again, we mostly have nameless sources and small samplesizes. It _could_ be a handful of disgruntled employees crying wolf, but it _could_ also be true. We have no way of knowing for sure.
: I disagree with that entirely. He's a hunter. That aesthetic heavily leans towards assassin. The idea that you chase someone down (heavy out of combat mobility/repositioning), use stealth (a mechanic closely related to assassins) and deliver a crushing blow out of nowhere (burst) all scream assassin. Honestly, the fact that he has stealth is enough reason for me to call bullshit on you saying he could be a tank. The only champions in the game with stealth who are not 'assassins' all have very assassin-like play patterns ({{champion:67}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:62}} )
Multiple weapons, one of which is decently large. Covered in pieces of different armor, pretty damned big shoulderplate; Dunno man, his visual design tells me he's a cat guy who doesn't mind brawling it out with his prey. The only thing about his appearance that tells would suggest he wants to get the job done in an instant would be his secondary weapon, but that's a stretch. Fair point on the fact that he goes invisible though.
: Almost done coming out, just my mom and 2 brothers left.
Good luck mate, hope everything works out fine with your mother
: the problem is that true damage and true defense are mutually exclusive. If truedamage is damage that can't be mitigated and true defense is damagemitigation that can't by bypassed, the two can not co exist, as truedamage would either by pass true defense, causeing it to no longer be **true **defense, or true defense would mitigate true damage, which would mean truedamage is not really **true** damage... Though one could count invulnerbillity as true defense, or even shields as they block all damage(exept the even truer damage from pykes ult)
I mean, we now have True invisibility, which hides you from True sight. Kinda the same deal, isn't it?
: What is Warwick? (Not what animal)
: It's actually a relatively divided topic internally tbh. From a pure data perspective, the amount of damage in the game isn't meaningfully higher than it has been in the past (and is actually down for some champs), the main difference is how much more frontloaded it is. Whether that be from Duskblade, Scorch, Aery etc, it's easier to apply reliable damage that amps your combat rotations or poke. That's an area where there's more division, on one hand higher damage ensures that fights conclude, that playing aggressively is rewarded and that playing purely defensively is easier to take advantage of. This is probably a bit spicy, but I personally believe that the Ardent Censer meta from worlds couldn't have existed this season given that aggressive teams could have better taken advantage of the weaker earlier game of the team going for the AC rush (no vision, no hp from sightstone etc). Picking aggressive combos like Leo/Trist would have been a much better counter to the strategy. That being said - and this is my opinion - I think there's probably a bit too much damage right now that lacks sufficient counterplay. I played against a Soraka yesterday in a playtest and her being able to apply both Aery and Scorch immediately to me with E doesn't feel particularly great. I don't want to get too deep into the weeds here though, since that's just my opinion - but hope that once we collect our thoughts next week we're able to give you a firmer stance and what/if we're going to do something.
If there's one thing I notice looking at videos of long lasting teamfights in earlier seasons, it's that champions are falling one by one rather than multiple at a time. Now this might just be me looking at a few videos that provide a poor sample size, but could it be the case that AoE damage has gone up a lot since earlier seasons? Perhaps both in champion kits and in items like Runaan's Hurricane (well, Hurricane's been around for a while but it wasn't a crit adc item back in the day), ludens etc. Another possible reason damage might feel higher is because there are no tanks being played rn, and when they are they don't last nearly as long as they used to in previous seasons with all the tank shred available these days. I mean, having a tank means your team has one less damage champion, but it also means the enemy team will have a tank to deal with before they get to damage the squishy damage dealers on the enemy team. Just my 10 cents on why people might **feel** this way.
: is it possible to add Kled's territory and give it a border like some of the other countries do?
The borders of Kled's territory are the borders of your screen.
Rexxiee (NA)
: Talon is still completely overpowered, nerfs did nothing as expected
: Why Gangplank orange can cleanse Urgot ult?
Because Urgot's ultimate is coded as a surpression, which can be cleansed by QSS. QSS and Oranges are pretty much identical in how they function. So that's that.
Eternäl (NA)
: Riot, please let your female champs be muscular
I don't see how Akali _isn't _ muscular, but alright. As for Varus, a bow takes a lot of strength to use man. Yer prolly right about Leona tho.
: My history might be wrong, but I think Darius has been going trinity over cleaver _because_ conqueror got added.
That's... exactly what I said, sorry if I wasn't clear about that.
: @Riot see doublelift video
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/2pvn0ldJ-a-response-to-doublelift-on-a-constantly-evolving-game Dude.
: As a bruiser main, i find conquerer to be overkill
Darius goes Trinity Force over Black Cleaver these days. But then again, having access to Conquerer is the reason he does that. If you ask me, Renekton has far more inherent synergy with PTA than he does with Conquerer anyway. No reason to feel pity for him. I've played with Malicious Metal enough to know Mordekaiser doesn't take Conquerer. Urgot takes Comet or PTA. Those are the champs I'm comfortable commenting on.
: Warcraft or Elder Scrolls?
Well, I adore The Elder Scrolls Universe, I never played WoW. So that's an easy choice.
: Well, regardless the size or format of the Q's hitbox, i think that in some way or another it's reliability needs to be increased. Even if you try your best, you probably will only reach about 60% hit ratio (with the crit area). Not to mention that when you most need, it fails you because is easily dodgeable and let's not forget that the game is currently in a mobility creep situation, everyone has gap closers that can fuck Aatrox really bad. I just wish he could do something without needing to flash every big fight because you E is on CD (20s of recharge and 3s of cd at rank 1 btw).
Oh I definetly agree the dude needs to be more reliable, one way or another.
: Garen's skin in-game + splash art + dance are far superior to that of Darius's (not to mention garen is already winning so might as well pick him for 1000 BE, know what im saying)
> [{quoted}](name=I Like Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Owmz53Zd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-27T18:37:00.777+0000) > > Garen's skin in-game + splash art + dance are far superior to that of Darius's > > > (not to mention garen is already winning so might as well pick him for 1000 BE, know what im saying) It's okay to be wrong :^)
: Frontal Precision VS Lateral Precision: A new approach to Aatrox's Q
I don't necessarily think I agree. But it does look like you put some effort into this post, and you bring up some interesting ideas. Those things alone definetly earn an upvote if you ask me :P
Rarolina (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=King Braum,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Ya2d0qk1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-27T17:25:33.241+0000) > > TBH, Illaoi would without a doubt follow darius' ideal of the rule fo the strong He wishes all Gods dead, including Nagakabouros; his vision is corrupted.
But then ye gotta ask the question of what it means to be a god in League's universe. Far as we know, Darius is still a physical entity. I doubt he is physically capable of taking his axe to Nagakabouros, since he doesn't really have anything to swing it at. On the flip side there's Garen, who's ideology could be summed up in ''Stop everything from being in motion''. Seriously.
: Loot tab for 40 VS tokens.
> [{quoted}](name=MetaVolca,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAapZ96E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-27T15:33:03.010+0000) > > Loot tab for 40 VS tokens. Oh right, Thanks mate
: The vs event is supposed to launch from june 27 to july 10 Hopefully we find out in a few hours
> [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAapZ96E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-27T15:30:12.613+0000) > > The vs event is supposed to launch from june 27 to july 10 > > Hopefully we find out in a few hours Well the event has already started here, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. That's why I'm asking :P
Rioter Comments
: If anything I would assume "Hammerhead shark" for Rhaast. But that would be a bit confusing as to how a land creature somehow gets the head of a sea dominant predator. ~~just headcanon coming through~~
I'm sticking with the turtle tbh. I like Turtles.
: The champion versions of Varus, Rhaast/Kayn and Aatrox are "possessed" human hosts, so their current form is only a reflection of what they were previously. In fact, in 'Twilight of the Gods', it is very heavily implied that the fallen Ascended were animalistic, but changing themselves over time through magic and sheer willpower.
Man, would I love seeing their pre-fall Animalistic forms get explored through skins. Even if you folks won't tell us about it, do you have a canon animal head for each Darkin? And is Rhaast an Alligator Turtle? Seriously. Dude's head looks like an Alligator Turtle combined with a boomerang.
: I liked the Alien invader approach to things better as well. I am torn, is not that I dislike this updated lore, is more that I feel like everything is being tied to the void needlessly (watchers and now darkin)
Agreed. The void is starting to get terribly overused. But on the flipside I am fond of making them fallen ascended
YoRHa 2B (EUNE)
: Garen or Darius?
Look man, I'm a Dog person. Darius has won this event for me the moment I saw Darius' Joke/dance.
: Can anyone at Riot pay the pro-players to play & dominate as Zed in competitive?
Or maybe, just maybe, he isn't being played because the character is not as good as you think he is?
: I too like to ignore the entire reply instead of addressing the points the person makes. Except that i don't. That is not how you argue.
You claim that the stats I provided, which are factual, are irrelevant, because your own 50 game samplesize doesn't match them, then go on making hyperbole claims in the latter part, followed by telling me to 'read the patch notes'. And you're actually expecting a proper reponse to that? Mate if you're gonna go ahead and tell me the sky is pink, I'm not gonna write an essay on why the sky is in fact blue and not pink.
: The reason behind this is because all of those champions are able to be successful using the new items, and don't rely on crit to be strong champions. Kai'sa doesn't even go AD anymore, Ezreal has one of the weirdest builds for an ADC thanks to his Q, jhin was broken prior to this update so this put him in line, MF lethality build is stronger, and Lucia has some weird build path with black cleaver and essence reaver to abuse those items. I think another issue is that crit ADC players still think they are strong earlier then they really are.
Jhin builds Stormrazor RFC IE. Draven builds Stormrazor RFC IE, Sometimes rushing BT, and then building those items. Lucian is building some Crit items and some non crit items (ER, Bork, BC are common, but so are RFC, PD etc), but yes. He prioritizes different stuff. Kai'Sa's indeed mostly running on hit builds with the occasional Runaans, but Crit is not her primary reason for buying it. And while stormrazor is a new item, it's still a Crit item. I'll be the last to say Crit Marskmen didn't take a hit, but the whole ''Crit marksmen are no longer played/Viable'' narrative we've got going on's just bullshit.
: Do you really think i am going to trust some third party site for accurate data? I have played about 50 games as Kayn this patch and i haven't lost a single game against Vayne, Jhin or Draven. They have lost every game. The fact that people play them means they're setting themselves up for defeats. And most of that data is only relevant below Platinum where practically any composition is viable. This patch turned pretty much every crit-based Adc useless because of how quickly the game snowballs so they do not have enough items even when ahead to hit their powerspike and make a difference before on-hit Adcs like Kai'Sa and Varus outscale them. And before you reply, go and actually read the Patch Notes.
I too like to deny the value of statistics because they don't comfort my view of reality.
: Yes. The ONLY Adcs that remained viable. Meanwhile {{champion:22}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:429}} have been utterly gutted as a tradeoff. And if you're going to tell me that pick rates prove otherwise then it means there was something already wrong with the balancing of these champions.
Draven: 52% wr 9% pr Jhin: 51% wr 12.8% pr Vayne: 49% wr 9.7% pr #GUTTED btw I can go on, but those are some examples. The point I was making with my previous comment is that Marskmen are not only still viable, some of them are actually the Top tier botlane champions. And some marksmen, like Trist for example, are in a bad spot and are getting compensation changes. And it's not like there weren't good and bad marksman champions before this patch. So no, this patch did *not* ''Remove'' marksmen from the game at all.
: While it is a breath of fresh air, alienating and borderline taking away the game from a large part of the playerbase is not acceptable. It's always from one extreme to another with Riot. They make something completely useless or so broken it defines the meta for months. They never seem to find the middle spot.
They didn't though. According to Lolalytics, the Top 5 pickrate champions in the adc role are Lucian, Ezreal, Kai'Sa, Jhin and MF And Lucian, Jhin and MF are rocking some very good winrates to go with it. The top 5 winrate champions in the ADC role are Quinn, MF, Brand, Kayle and Zilean. But outside of MF these champions have very low pickrates, the highest being MF with 10.6%, followed by Quinn with 1.3% pickrate. So I'd argue that's not too statistically reliable
Fízz v2 (EUW)
: >Revert Fizz I agree :]
Oh boi, Penns is that you? How many boards accounts are you at rn?
: Aatrox login theme
Yoo this is fucking amazing!
: From his quote he is just a revolutionist that has to answer the call of the ppl to defeat the tyrant. I don't think there is anything in his quotes giving any anarchist vibe either, it's just our interpretation. I've always been on the side of Order, even with the latest event I went with Yasuo side just because I never played Riven in my life while Yasuo is a character I like putting my hands on (if he ever passes the ban phase). And even like this, as a guy who despise anarchy and anarchists I come to the conclusion that Darius is more well rounded and more relatable than Garen who is just a chinese-like emperor-god full of himself. I mean.. Garen never EVER says that the world Darius wants is where the strong eats the weak, or a world where nothing can be build because any1 will be able to destroy it. He just goes on and on about how godly he is and how scummy is every1 else.
Yeah, Garen was pretty directly stated to be a tyrant, where Darius is more interpretation. I can agree with that. But... To an extend, doesn't the fact that you're finding one side more relatable mean Riot's goal is succesful. I dunno, I definetly think you brought up an interesting subject for discussion though. Personally, my reason for prefering the Darius skin over the Garen skin may or may not have been the fact that I'm a dog person, I'm always happy to discuss politics with folks (Though these boards don't allow that, so I don't do that here), but I didn't approach this event with a political mindset myself.
Show more

Sahn Uzal

Level 167 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion