: spear of shojin solo makes jax actually stupid to face in many teamfight scenarios
I'm a Jax OTP and I completely agree. I absolutely hate spear. The entire concept of the item is just typical of the direction this game has taken. Gone are the days I can goof around with different Jax builds and even winning ranked matches (on-hit Jax, full tank Jax, crit Jax, AP Jax etc). Now, there is only Tri and Spear. Building anything other than these two items is troll now. And Jax has been nerfed due to how strong he is with these items. Stupid design.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 8
FINALLY you admit conqueror needs to be reworked. The game's health really needs it. Of course the ability to stack before fighting was the main issue, so it's good you make it stack only on champions. However, I don't like the healing idea. It could make it very snowbally - imagine a Fiora with a couple of kills, she'd be even harder to fight or kill with this. The idea of moving pure damage into defense is good though. I'd purely recommend something like: "When fully stacked, gain an extra 10% armor and magic resist and 10% of damage received is dealt over 3 seconds"
: Spear of Shojin is either gonna be terrible or busted.
As a Jax main who will ALWAYS build this item... I hate it. It's a stupid design and the mechanics are completely flawed. It completely breaks champions and actually masks their true strength (similar to conqueror). It's because of crap like this that I can't go to an off-meta build with Jax.
: I despise Riot's obsession with saving essence flare
As a Jax main I entirely agree. The idea is stupid and the mechanic is flawed.
: > Jax has always been able to do it all without being overbearing in any style and without being troll (again I played it at D3). That is why he is my OTP. Actually, Jax and other hybrid Champions have a history of exploiting otherwise balanced items, precisely because they can use such a wide range of items effectively. Properly balancing an item for the class of Champions **meant** to use it is already difficult. Yet items that are healthy for their target class can become unhealthy for other classes, like defensive items on ADCs. Riot accounts for this by binding Champions to certain stats, and thus certain items, reducing the number of moving parts to balance around. So when Champions like Jax don't have these restrictions, they cause problems. It's like trying to balance multiple Champions as one. Diversity is healthier and easier when Champions can choose **how** they perform their role, not what role they perform. Some Champions manage healthy role flexibility when Riot puts a lot of resources into balancing them, like assassin/tank Ekko at one point, but one build will still always be "the best." You want a Champion that can function equally as a tank, bruiser, AD carry, AP carry, or on-hit carry, which is just unbalanceable—unless only one or two of those builds are effective and the rest are novelty playstyles, like Jax. Sorry if you play for that kind of extreme diversity, but it's not realistic in a game of this scale. There have to be some restrictions. And that does not mean balancing is "badly done," FYI. That's just the reality of balance.
It's not though, because historically Jax has been one of the best balanced champions in the game. He has always been in the range as a good champion but has never really dominated except for a little bit (i think he showed up at S5 world champs) and during the bonkers remake of rageblade (but that broke a few champs such as Yi and Xin too). Other than those very minor points, Jax has always been healthy and in fact a benchmark for balance. He has had nothing other than fine tuning since Season 2 while remaining viable - name another champion who has changed so little yet been so relevant. And again, all of the playstyles were viable on him. I know because I have one-tricked him for so long. It shows that Riot has simply lost the plot on their balancing that they now need to focus on nerfing Jax. I'm fine with Jax being nerfed because I'd rather play him than have him picked or banned. However, he is now only good with 1 specific combination of runes and items. And it's not just Jax who is in this boat. Riot are obsessed with items and Runes having synergy. And it is this which is breaking the game balance. They have even come out and said that they have made mistakes with giving too much front-loaded burst into several runes and items. We all knew it from release - but it took them a full year to realise it. I can link you to the pre-release reworked {{item:3124}} thread I made. This was when it had the AOE and stacking effect, before it was given the phantom hit. I said how much it is going to absolutely break Jax and other champs. It took half a season for riot to admit it, and after nerfing it they remade the item. I knew it before even playing it. It wasn't even close to being balanceable. Items like {{item:3508}} {{item:3124}} cannot be balanced or even enjoyable because of how "feast or famine" they are. Instead of, say, giving essence reaver a set CDR on abilities after ulting, they base it on attack speed. Therefore anyone with low attack speed is going to benefit. Couple this in with low cooldowns and the effect is multiplied. Cannot. Be. Balanced. Phantom hit - the fact that the entire power budget of the item is given to a phantom hit means it is either trash or broken. A fed Vayne or Kog with this go beyond hypercarry mode. Cannot. Be. Balanced. This is basic stuff Riot cannot grasp. EDIT: you mention Jax and other hybrid champs have a history of exploiting otherwise balanced items. Can you name these? Beyond reworked guinsoos because, well, that was beyond stupid and full AD champs were also broken with it.
: > Want evidence that Jax is weak? I have always loved playing Jax in quirky ways such as AP Bruiser, AP-on hit, full life steal etc etc. He is absolutely dog crap with anything other than a "meta build" now. If the meta build is overpowered, then the Champion is overpowered. It's nice when Champions have multiple functional playstyles. However, choosing to play them in a less optimal way does not excuse their power when played optimally. This is the problem with a lot of hybrid Champions and their off-meta playstyles, and Jax is one of the worst cases. Because he benefits strongly from several stats, he can abuse balanced items to become more than the sum of their parts. Balancing him will always be complicated while this remains the case.
My point is that Riot have balanced things in such a way (and I'm Jax as an example case) that we have gone from diversity to shoehorned. Champions can no longer be played in diverse ways because of manner in which this game is balanced. It's simple stuff. Jax was the best case of a hybrid champ that could be played in any way. - and not, as you stated - the worst. Ever since his rework he has had a diverse playstyle that fully depended on his build. Tanky, glass cannon, classic AD, Off-tank bruiser, AP, on-hit - Jax has always been able to do it all without being overbearing in any style and without being troll (again I played it at D3). That is why he is my OTP. Now, though, the game play (and for most champions on a whole) is one-dimensional because balancing is so badly done. I am on the verge of leaving.
Rioter Comments
: What other video games have you played in an extremely overly obessive manner?
Alex in Wonderland Micro Machines Gran Turismo 3 Command & Conquer Command & Conquer: Red Alert Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun - Played this even more than I've played League Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 Command & Conquer: Renegade Roller Coaster Tycoon Mario Kart 64 I've put in 100s if not 1000s of hours into these games (I'd say I played Tiberian Sun for 4 hours a day on average for 5 years which works out not too far from 10,000 hours)
: thats nice so pretty much his e is the point to press q on teemo. what if he ults and delays his e till a second later (due to increased resists) i had jaxes do that. when do i blind him then.
Depends on the circumstances but again - don't underestimate how important your shrooms and move speed are. If you blind him when he uses E, basically all he will get is 50 damage onto you (instead of the 2 or 3 follow up autos and W/ult proc). Then you can pop move speed to run away over your shrooms and you can kite him out. If he ults, it's prob best to keep running until it wears off. He can't catch you if he goes on a shroom :)
: I wish there was variety in AP itemization, because as it stands you'll always get the same items
Riot has never been good at AP itemization. Most items are niche and fit some champions {{item:3115}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3124}} Then there are the support AP items. And outside of that you have your core build that all mages get. Nothing new, nothing exciting, no choices.
Netorare (EUNE)
: Too bad {{champion:57}} & {{champion:154}} are forced to buy tanky because their ap is gutted since riot thinks they are "unfair" when they build ap.
{{champion:57}} {{item:3151}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3001}} UWOTBRO
: cool ill try it but what about the instant QW thing vs teemo its practically a insta leap double hit. thats what always gets me.
Don't waste your blind. If Jax is low and you use it to poke, then back off and wait for it to come back up or Jax can all-in you (especially early levels). That way if you see him pop his e, or if he just leaps at you, you can just blind and auto, run over a shroom. If he chases you, you kite as he is slowed. If he doesnt, you get another 1 or 2 autos as he runs away.
: > [{quoted}](name=SexualNuts,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lYbK0YO9,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-04T18:20:29.995+0000) > > Love your responses. > > I think, indeed that is where Riot is going with the narrative. I don't think anyone actually thinks Fiora would beat Jax in a to-the-death duel. However, she is said to be a prodigious talent, clearly looking for a challenge that Jax may be able to provide (possibly further training with other weapons), and in return Jax could find a protege or even a companion that he needs in the battle against the void. I think you missed at least half my argument. I don't think Riot is going to have Fiora straight up beat Jax, but i also don't think Riot is going to have Jax straight up beat Fiora. They're likely going to be equals, with Jax recognizing her skill and that its what hes looking for and will ask for her help.
> [{quoted}](name=Me Not Smart,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lYbK0YO9,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-04T20:32:53.967+0000) > > I think you missed at least half my argument. I don't think Riot is going to have Fiora straight up beat Jax, but i also don't think Riot is going to have Jax straight up beat Fiora. They're likely going to be equals, with Jax recognizing her skill and that its what hes looking for and will ask for her help. I didn't miss anything - I was agreeing with your point and offering a further point. I doubt they would be equals, but Jax would see huge potential within Fiora to move from an elite duelist into a warrior.
: when you say tier 2 boots? you mean merc treads or swifties? then so you need unflinching or precision tree (tenacity rune)
Teemo should be buying Sorcs, and against Jax I just go Aery with precision as secondary runes, nothing mad really. {{item:1056}} {{item:2061}} > {{item:2031}} > {{item:3020}} > {{item:3151}} > {{item:3115}} Simples!
: > [{quoted}](name=Dragart,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UnYmGcUr,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-02T20:09:06.706+0000) > > Ok I have played against numerous jades with conquer. I think I lost one time as malphite to a Jax with conquer all the rest were wins. Your point is invalid Yes, my point is invalid because a Bronze-Silver Jax lost to a Malphite. It was obv. the Malphite Pick which resulted in the win, not that the Jax had no clue how to play.
Surely all of these conversations are around players of equal skill? Therefore bit of an invalid point - although it's interesting that some champions, even with simple kits, are more successful in higher ELO. For example - Jax is better as Jungler in lower elo (because he doesn't get pushed early and is allowed to scale), and better as a laner in higher elo (because the Jax players accept he is poor early game so just survive the laning before scaling).
: how do you beat jax as teemo (build wise?) do you go tankish or just go classic DOT ap build torment and stuff.
I wouldn't go tankish outside of Liandry's to be honest - because as long as you have your T2 boots you will be able to escape Jax's all-ins as long as you have your shrooms down. He can't take your HP if he can't hit you. First and second items - Liandry's and Nashors. You choose the order. I would put 2 levels into Q at level 4 for the bit of extra duration and then max E.
Moody P (NA)
: how exactly does Jax have a weak early?
I can answer for you if you want a realistic, logical answer. If Jax was strong early game then his winrate would be 60% ish because we all know his mid-late is among the best of all champions. He has no sustain, shield or damage negation outside of his E (with a 16 second CD) and relies entirely on runes/items for this. Mages and ranged champions can walk all over Jax in the early game. His cooldowns are low, but do little damage and use a lot of mana - usually meaning he needs to spend a chunk of gold on that corrupting potion and can still go OOM in an active lane. A lot of his damage come from items and levels (for instance his ult passive damage with his later attack speed). He mobility and agency is low early game (1 leap as opposed to other similar champions with multiple dashes or move speed buffs). Again this means he struggles against ranged. His all-in at early levels is weaker than other similar melee champs (Darius, Renek, Illaoi etc). All of the above is true. HOWEVER, none are glaring weaknesses so they can be worked around. Jax used to have HARD counters like Renek and Malph and tanks - but with conqueror he can get past malphites armor and he can now dodge reneks stun. A lot of the problem is conqueror and essence reaver. That's because even when Jax goes behind in lane, which he does most of the time, he is able to scale massively after an item or two and that is when you see him melting people. His base stats used to be much better because of how limited his kit is early. But thanks to runes and items he is even stronger now in the early-mid than he used to be despite the early game nerfs.
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lYbK0YO9,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-30T06:26:09.386+0000) > > Fiora is about what, 25 years old? > > How much chance there is for someone like that, no matter how much of a prodigy she is, against some guy who was at the war of the ancients and fought with against all kinds of horror, and somehow managed to survive and live all the way to now, thousands years later. > > Unless the writer has 0 sense of scale nor any sense of power curve, they wouldn't possibly see Fiora and Jax as somehow equal. It would be like saying Taliyah's power is comparable to someone like Ryze or that the latter even remotely found the former an actual challenge he needs to get serious for. It just ain't gonna happen. > > This isn't to say that Jax is some kind of god who is all powerful or something. But it wouldn't make any narrative nor writing sense to make it so that Fiora and Jax have remotely similar level of power and combat experience. >How much chance there is for someone like that There isn't much of a chance, which shows exactly why Jax hasn't been able to find anyone he deems worthy. Everything you've said as why to Fiora can't "have remotely similar level of power and combat experience." is true for basically everyone in the League universe. Almost none of the human champs, or characters in the League universe have gone through what Jax has. Which is why he can't find anyone to challenge him, to be worthy of standing at his side. That's why Fiora is a note worthy character in the story Riot has. She might not be as experienced, but shes skilled enough to at least be what hes looking for. Just because Jax has gone through a lot doesn't take away the experience and skill Fiora does have. You say it as if its no contest, but what kind of story would it be if there wasn't a contest. What would be the point in them writing the two fighting, if it was a one sided smack down. If it was, there is zero purpose of Her being "The Grand Duelist" if she can't even put up a fight in a duel. Its a fact of lore that Fiora is one of the best fighters in Demacia, and saying "It just ain't gonna happen." is 100% downplaying her skill. If she wasn't noteworthy she wouldn't be in the game, and she wouldn't be in the story. If the only people that could match Jax in skill had to go through everything he went through to be good, there'd be almost no one near his level. Which is preposterous.
> [{quoted}](name=Me Not Smart,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lYbK0YO9,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-30T07:40:51.825+0000) > > There isn't much of a chance, which shows exactly why Jax hasn't been able to find anyone he deems worthy. Everything you've said as why to Fiora can't "have remotely similar level of power and combat experience." is true for basically everyone in the League universe. Almost none of the human champs, or characters in the League universe have gone through what Jax has. Which is why he can't find anyone to challenge him, to be worthy of standing at his side. That's why Fiora is a note worthy character in the story Riot has. She might not be as experienced, but shes skilled enough to at least be what hes looking for. > > Just because Jax has gone through a lot doesn't take away the experience and skill Fiora does have. You say it as if its no contest, but what kind of story would it be if there wasn't a contest. What would be the point in them writing the two fighting, if it was a one sided smack down. If it was, there is zero purpose of Her being "The Grand Duelist" if she can't even put up a fight in a duel. Its a fact of lore that Fiora is one of the best fighters in Demacia, and saying "It just ain't gonna happen." is 100% downplaying her skill. If she wasn't noteworthy she wouldn't be in the game, and she wouldn't be in the story. > > If the only people that could match Jax in skill had to go through everything he went through to be good, there'd be almost no one near his level. Which is preposterous. Love your responses. I think, indeed that is where Riot is going with the narrative. I don't think anyone actually thinks Fiora would beat Jax in a to-the-death duel. However, she is said to be a prodigious talent, clearly looking for a challenge that Jax may be able to provide (possibly further training with other weapons), and in return Jax could find a protege or even a companion that he needs in the battle against the void.
: Jax is disgustingly strong
Absolutely it's ER now - because if the game isn't a walkover and Jax gets ER - even if behind he will be useful.
: You want to know the secret to beating Jax
I'm a Jax OTP - and I wouldn't even say Malphite is his biggest counter anymore. Malphite is his classic counter - and has been since like season 2. However, with conqueror now, and the free access to tenacity (the legend rune), Jax can get 20% true damage and 50% tenacity, which really brings this matchup closer than it used to be. The inital laning goes 1 of two ways, depending on the Malphite player - he will either run a mana crystal or flask and look to Q poke (with comet). Jax needs to sustain best he can and accept he will lose early trades. But malphite will give up some tankiness to do this and will be easier to fight in the mid game. OR, malphite goes Grasp and looks to be a tank (usually starting shield), and in this situation Jax can look for early trades (trying to bait out malphites E) - but mid-game will be rough if Jax can't get a small lead or go even. Either way, Jax has a chance now. Whereas, for example, in season 4 or 5, this was so one-sided for Malphite it wasn't even funny. It still is a good matchup for Malphite but just not as good as it used to be. These are good against Jax too: {{champion:17}} If someone takes my Jax, I take teemo. So, so easy with teemo. Bully, harass, push under tower, pressure, deny cs and kill. Sit on shrooms so he can't jump on you and put a couple of levels into blind. Easy. Hardest counter IMO. {{champion:84}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:75}} (Tricky one - but IF nasus gets a lead, he can absolutely destroy Jax with his stupidly buffed ult Q)
: Tahm Kench should swallow enemy targets that die from his W damage.
: ARURF is the most awful gamemode ever introduced in league.
URF could only be fun in the long term if it was some sort of objective-based, possibly even PvE game mode. The very nature of the game mode is fun in theory and indeed in practice at first, until the tryhards naturally come into play and it can be awful to be completely crushed with no way of paying with enjoyment.
AjXtar (EUW)
: SoloQ will end up to be URF at some point.
I've been saying this for years. URF had the best reaction from a new game mode since the original League existed, and naturally the devs have gone "oh, maybe this is a thing". Other popular games like fortnite play more similarly to URF than SR too. However, here is where Riot have gone wrong IMO. Sure, it may be more suitable to the Asian market too, with the internet Cafes etc. But rather than creating a seperate game mode (almost like a toned down URF), they have actually gone about changing League to be more like URF. The result is CDR everywhere, CDR on ults (presence of mind), higher movement speeds and mobility, more flashy abilities, higher burst and shorter games. I hate it to be honest. Season 4, for me, was the peak of League - and that is by no coincidence roughly when URF was released. We have moved away from a tactical, even strategical game from a SoloQ perspective into a reaction/mechanic based game with some teamfighting added on at the end of laning before the game ends. If I wanted this kind of experience I would play a shoot em up. You want to know what's ironic, though? The original tagline for the April's Fools game-mode that is URF - "The future of League of Legends".
: I wish Riot could just remove the Magic Pen from Oblivion orb and give it Grievous Wounds instead
I'm down for that, if the GW amount is halved until the full morello is bought
: Jax CAN build pen too. {{item:3124}} gives him dual pen (fortunately it's not very much though.) and turns him into a walking chainsaw (note: dont know if he builds Rageblade in high elo, only that it works.)
The item is dog crap on him now, sorry. When it increased AP and AD it was good for him in situations, because of how well each works for him (and his ultimate). Now it is just sub optimal compared to other items you can get for Jax. And again Jax will always take conqueror now, so the pen on rageblade isn't all that useful - you could say it's good for tanks but you're probably better off taking lifesteal from any of the below. {{item:3078}} {{item:3508}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3812}} {{item:3053}} I wouldn't swap any of these items out for rageblade now
: It's not you, it's me
Or play supports who don't really give a crap at who is hitting them! {{champion:12}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:89}} etc. Playing enchanters can be the most frustrating thing ever, fully agreed. Especially when you're usually in the line of fire to protect someone else.
: Vayne's pick rate to win rate is nausea inducing.
The buff was completely stupid and over the top. SURE give her lower CD on Q when she ults... but why start at 50%? That's massive. Should have gone for 20% or maybe 25% and see where it leaves her.
LTK KoRo (EUW)
: Too niche item for such a valuable passive. A lot of champions could use shieldbreaking effect (Bruisers and assassins mostly), and wit's end would limit it too hard to the on-hit scalers. I don't really want to play vs shieldbreaking Kogmaw, Yi or Kayle
That's exactly why it could go on Wit's End. Make it less Niche champion-wise and make it more Niche situational wise. {{item:3091}} Wit's end (cost 2800) +40% attack speed +50 magic resist UNIQUE: basic attack and single target spells give 1 stack of wit's end. Each stack steals 5 magic resist and deals 5 magic damage. Maximum stacks: 6 - trigger's At Wit's End. At Wit's End: deal 30% additional damage to shields and apply grievous wounds for 1s. --- Costs a little more than live and does less damage on-hit. However, this is useful for longer fights as the fully stacked passive would be useful against shielding and healing - and thus becomes more of a niche pickup - BUT can be picked up by far more champions.
Eyesack (NA)
: I don't think items are the problem with jax honestly. Jax is just op. They'er slowly nerfing him and I think eventually he will be in an ok state.
That's not really correct though. All of the strong things in the game right now just fit perfectly with Jax. Hybrid fighter who can't reliably build pen: Conqueror gives him a huge bypass to resistances anyway. Massive innate attack speed: Conqueror and runes give him huge amounts of free attack damage. Massive innate attack speed: lots of procs using {{item:3748}} Low cooldowns: Trinity and Essence Reaver each giving 20% CDR and then ER lowering cooldowns based on auto attack speed = urf mode Jax. The items and runes are broken on some champions. But due to Jax's kit, several of them work incredibly well on him. Conqueror needs a rethink / nerf, Trinity needs less CDR, Essence Reaver (now spear) needs a rethink. Stupid stupid stupid. Jax IS a bit OP, but it's because of how well his kit synergises with the above. Nerfing Jax isn't the bloody answer - his kit is simple and stands as a benchmark for what items and runes are broken since he can tap into so many of them. This isn't an Ezreal problem where the champion abuses items - it's a case of Jax's kit is an easy indicator to see what is broken.
Syrile (NA)
: 0/1/1 vs 1/0/1 and a 19 CS difference equals 650 Gold Bounty
Shoutout to the 500g bounty i got on my 5/0/1 opponent who had roughly 30 more CS than me. What the douce.
: Daily Reminder: Nasus Wither on 45%CDR Rank 5 has an effective 1.05 second cooldown.
Again as with most things - the main problem is runes and items. Why can nasus build CDR so easily? He gets a huge 20% just from triforce. Why does triforce give 20% CDR? It's part of what helps turn Jax and Irelia into monsters too. I remember when you had to specifically build CDR if you wanted CDR. Now it is tagged along with useful items for the fun of it. And as 20% in a lot of cases!
Sasogwa (EUW)
: Don't like the amount of damage there is in the game
> [{quoted}](name=Sasogwa,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OEaTpOYM,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-24T12:17:54.601+0000) > 1) damage is too high, both in burst and tankmelting > 2) gold flow is way too high > 3) games end too fast > 4) feels like we're stuck in that and we'd need so much changes to have a balanced state with less damage and longer games overall. And feels that Riot barely made any changes to preseason in that way. The problem is not that Riot doesn't know the above. It's not ignorance. It's by design. They want a quicker game for the Asian market, eSports and it's because they think it's what they need to do to compete with modern games. I hate it as much if not more than you. But I have accepted this fact and the game remains what it is. No amount of complaining or even valid point raising is going to change this sadly. Maybe a huge loss of playerbase and a rethink from RIOT and shareholders but nothing less.
: I'm no jg player but not hitting Lv 2 after killing your first camp will feel terrible. Having that 2nd ability (whether for mobility, stun or AoE dmg) is important to clear faster and healthier, not to mention the base stats you get upon leveling up after killing your 1st camp. It's basically kinda like if you get invaded and are delayed on your clears. I think the reduced XP changes are fine as is. If junglers start to feel like they are falling behind in XP, they can just make the jg camps scale past Lv 7 into Lv 8 or something. Not my downvote btw
The laners have to wait for 7 minions to die, a good 30 seconds to a minute after the jungler hits level 2 - even longer in bot lane. All I'm proposing is the same for the jungler! Make the camps deal less damage to deal with the change - but effectively it will reduce this silly level 2 cheese we see all the time lately. Sure you can ward against it but if the jungler doesn't come during that ward, you are then a sitting duck while your trinket is on CD. It's enough that you will be facing a 2v1 - why should you also face a champion who gets a free pass to be a level above you and likely at 80-100% HP? I play jungle myself but have fallen out of love with it over the past year because of how gank-heavy it has become. It is a case of take a early game duelist or lose.
Herlgar (NA)
: I remember Twitch's passive's icon used to be pixelated uniform green balls of snot with black outlines, but I can't find it anywhere now. Was definitely the worst icon in the game. Edit: the best I could find is this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KG_mpWoRV8
> [{quoted}](name=Herlgar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zAud4MNz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-19T18:09:33.005+0000) > > I remember Twitch's passive's icon used to be pixelated uniform green balls of snot with black outlines, but I can't find it anywhere now. Was definitely the worst icon in the game. > > Edit: the best I could find is this vid > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KG_mpWoRV8 God look how much less damage there was in the game then. Literally half as much - the twitch gets super duper fed and astronomically late game he does a lot of damage but at one point with a completed item (I believe it was Malody) he does practically no damage. Imagine a twitch jumping on you like that now with a full item and boots and see how long you last through his ult LOL
Beta Virgin (EUNE)
: Zilean bugs
That would be a buff even if it is a quality of life buff. I would want to see a slight compensation nerf if they did this because Zilean is in a strong spot - he's good in lane and he is great late game especially if there is a fed carry on his team.
GigglesO (NA)
: So legit Question as Diamond Melee Main
Sorry bud, but you are playing a champion with extremely limited options in that kind of matchup. And Ryze would be by no means the roughest matchup you can have either. Literally your best option is going second wind and dorans shield, rushing Spirit Visage and mercs and then getting a damage item. Accept that you aren't going to hyper carry unless your jungler gets a good gank or two for you. But as you know, from the mid to late you can still do Morde things, you just have limited opportunity to win the lane. Was this top lane by any chance? IF so, you could always try to abuse the brushes which are a way around his point and click. But even then it is situational based.
Syrile (NA)
: Possible JG Item Improvement
I like it. Also seems to reward a little more jungle farming early game. I can't really think of a reason why this wouldn't be a good interaction. I think the wards needs to be maybe half the amount that the support item gives, and it'd be good.
Rioter Comments
: RIOT: Jungle changes will make the level 2 jungle meta even worse
We could reduce the XP even further, so that junglers are only lvl 1 after first camp and hit level 2 after killing a large monster in the second camp. This would stop the silly level 2 ganks. Of course camps would need to do less damage at level 1 to allow this. Also, have it so that the jungle item (machete, talisman and upgrades) give a bonus to jungle camp XP, up to a maximum of 10 stacks (1 stack per camp). This would be an incentive to stay in the jungle early game. For this to work the current jungle XP needs to decrease. Also reduce the spawn timers of jungle camps.
: But trinity is core item on him,it would suck a lot to lose even 2 base ad.Maybe increase his AD/lvl so base AD evens out at level 18 ?
I don't think there's many people who'd agree Jax doesn't do enough damage at level 18. Sensible changes IMO - as a Jax main. It just pains me to think he will go back under a rock when they change conqueror. But such is the way of life!
Meddler (NA)
: Conqueror's one of the things we're looking at. Whether it gets changed or not and in what direction if so isn't something locked down though, just one of the options we're exploring.
Just bring back old FoB but update it to be anti-tank: Basic attacks against enemy champions grant a stack of fervor (2 for melee), up to 8 stacks. Each stack grants adaptive force. When maximum stacks are reached, basic attacks deal bonus true damage. **Adaptive force**: 1-6 AD _based on level_ (Max 8-48 AD) / AP multiplies by 1.6 **Full stack on-hit damage**: 6-24 true damage based on level --- Why? This version could actually be picked up by ap fighters and assassins too. It has less burst than conqueror. It does a little less damage early than old FoB but scales better into the late game and into tanks. Less one shots and rewards longer trades...... which is what fighters and bruisers should be doing.
Kelg (NA)
: Is league prepared for the prime spaghetti that is Sylas with Morde ult?
Is league also ready for a version of AP Jax with none of the usual drawbacks? {{champion:24}} Stealing an ult which is mainly a passive element is so broken.
Dynikus (NA)
: Played Sylas on pbe. Riot, are you feeling okay?
I'm a hardcore {{champion:24}} main, and this champ scares the hell out of me. He naturally builds AP-Bruiser/assassin and he will have the ability to just come and take my 3 hit passive (with great AP scaling) along with the active (which again has huge AP ratio so magic will barely hurt him). Basically, Jax has one of the strongest ultimates in the game. It's good for the active - allows a nuke build to be surprisingly tanky. But it ALWAYS gives him huge duelling power. People don't realise how much the passive effect gives him. Sylas will be able to steal this - and just hold onto it until he's ready to take someone else's ultimate. But the real issue is that Sylas will also be building AP, so he is going to absolutely wreck anyone if he get's Jax's ultimate and a Nashor's Tooth.
: Conqueror needs to go
Conqueror is easily fixed - change it to the old fervor but with half of the damage - but as true damage instead of physical damage.
: > [{quoted}](name=SexualNuts,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OdNAMXj6,comment-id=001700000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T08:40:20.653+0000) > > **It would be a possible item for AP mid laners too**, +5 AD early is good for both last hitting and auto pokes. > > It is still relatively weak compared to the dorans items and less sustain than corruption pot, so it would sit behind the two but of course with the gold benefit. Nope. Doran Ring since 8.9 has an additional 5 physical damage to minions on basic attacks and more consistent mana regen (and they specifically changed it to be mana regen less dedepndent on csing) and Dark Seal offer a way stronger offensive option for aggressive laners. You'd need to revert Doran Ring change to fit Cull there, and Cull is not meant for AP champion even in your version, tbh Maybe few champions forced to be super passive because they lose almost every trade on mid lane early on like Vladimir or Viktor could consider it just for sustain + gold (and with that cost an additional health potion to say in lane more), but they would probably be better off starting with corruption pot honestly
> [{quoted}](name=Ale non è male,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OdNAMXj6,comment-id=0017000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T11:09:09.556+0000) > > Nope. > Doran Ring since 8.9 has an additional 5 physical damage to minions on basic attacks and more consistent mana regen (and they specifically changed it to be mana regen less dedepndent on csing) and Dark Seal offer a way stronger offensive option for aggressive laners. > You'd need to revert Doran Ring change to fit Cull there, and Cull is not meant for AP champion even in your version, tbh > > Maybe few champions forced to be super passive because they lose almost every trade on mid lane early on like Vladimir or Viktor could consider it just for sustain + gold (and with that cost an additional health potion to say in lane more), but they would probably be better off starting with corruption pot honestly But that's my point. It has to be a slightly inferior option otherwise due to the gold gain it would become the go-to choice. It does combine all 3 dorans items though (AD from blade, hp sustain akin shield and mana regen like ring... but obviously toned down from each). Keep in mind that putting it at 350g allows you to get a refillable pot at start too, you need to take that into consideration so it is comparable to {{item:1082}}
: Cooldowns and ability costs are source of the damage creep
I've commented on this a few times. URF. This game is actually becoming more and more like URF each year. Riot wasn't joking when they said it was the future of League. Don't get me started on the ultimate cooldown reductions...
: > [{quoted}](name=SexualNuts,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OdNAMXj6,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-11-30T18:57:53.902+0000) > > Agree this item feels like an absolute noob trap. I've tried taking it in both passive lanes and lanes where I'd stomp and in both cases it just feels like a sub-par choice. > > I'd like to see this: > > {{item:1083}} Cost 350 gold > +5 attack damage > > UNIQUE Passive: Killing enemy units grant you +5 health, +3 mana and +2 bonus gold. > Maximum bonus gold: 300. > This item sells for 0 gold until the maximum bonus gold is reached. It then sells for 150 gold. > > --- > > Better sustain to compete with Doran's items and corrupting potion, as well as a less gimmicky gold bonus. It still comes at the cost of better stats other items give so there is a trade-off. Interesting, but it would definitively make it an item for top laners and AD casters, since the mana stat would benefit them much more than the traditional farming ADCs for which Cull is in theory designed
It would be a possible item for AP mid laners too, +5 AD early is good for both last hitting and auto pokes. It is still relatively weak compared to the dorans items and less sustain than corruption pot, so it would sit behind the two but of course with the gold benefit.
Dr Dog (NA)
: it doesnt have a dmg boost anymore, new celerity is just the eh ms boost that makes no difference on any champs really, its trash rn
I've tried it a few times on Teemo... with the thinking of surely this will be good as he's made for the rune with his passive and active move speed bonuses. No, it's average at best even on a champ it should be perfect for who actually uses the sorcery tree.
: Anyone else think celerity is just dumb?
It honestly needs to be a flat move speed bonus and a bonus % multiplier. Celerity: Gives +2 move speed per level. Bonus move speed is increased by 5%.
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ale non è male,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OdNAMXj6,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-11-29T23:42:43.406+0000) > > It is not. > Not only Doran Blade give 80 additional health that is about 10-15% of an ADC starting health at lvl 1, also between the AD from runes and the Doran's Blade AD itself, basically every marksmen get on par or better lifesteal by level 5 or so. On top of not synergizing at all with items bought before the completion of Cull stacking \> It's still better than a Doran's Blade **in passive lanes**, since you won't use or need the extra stats (especially HP). It doesn't really need any changes. Please learn to read. If you're in a passive lane, there's no kill potential and nobody is attacking you, you're just AFK farming until mid game. Extra health and life steal do absolutely nothing when nobody is attacking you and you're not attacking anybody else. It's commonly built on ranged top laners and scaling ADCs in safe lanes.
Show more

SexualNuts

Level 126 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion