Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Slythion (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sexualsaurus,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aTFqqQlw,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-02-15T22:43:31.464+0000) > > Basically both players made a gentlemen agreement to ignore any little errors in the rules to help speed up the game to allow it to be more fun for them and for the live audience during the semi finale as they only have a 2 hour time frame. The scumbag player wasted a full hour setting up(slow playing its called), deliberately and then a made a call out on a minor rule error that resulted in the nice player being unable to move his army for the first turn (setting up a unit from reserves before moving the rest of the army). The nice player said sorry my bad and didn't make a single argument or remark and showed really nice sportsmanship throughout the game, evenly though it was an unfair move by the scumbag player. The nice player lost because of that. > > Next round the scumbag player ends up making the same mistake against a different opponent and the new player he was against basically said "normally i would allow that mistake but because of what you did to the guy in semi finale i'm not gonna" and the scumbag player lost lol. damn lmao, good on Alex though for staying level headed
> [{quoted}](name=Slythion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aTFqqQlw,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-02-15T22:57:13.601+0000) > > damn lmao, good on Alex though for staying level headed https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/195404877688602624/413845312608665621/Screenshot_677.png
Sahn Uzal (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sexualsaurus,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aTFqqQlw,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-02-15T22:43:31.464+0000) > > Basically both players made a gentlemen agreement to ignore any little errors in the rules to help speed up the game to allow it to be more fun for them and for the live audience during the semi finale as they only have a 2 hour time frame. The scumbag player wasted a full hour setting up(slow playing its called), deliberately and then a made a call out on a minor rule error that resulted in the nice player being unable to move his army for the first turn (setting up a unit from reserves before moving the rest of the army). The nice player said sorry my bad and didn't make a single argument or remark and showed really nice sportsmanship throughout the game, evenly though it was an unfair move by the scumbag player. The nice player lost because of that. > > Next round the scumbag player ends up making the same mistake against a different opponent and the new player he was against basically said "normally i would allow that mistake but because of what you did to the guy in semi finale i'm not gonna" and the scumbag player lost lol. That's pretty satisfying, and thanks for the explanation I really didn't get it either :P
> [{quoted}](name=Tidal Tyrant,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aTFqqQlw,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-02-15T22:54:20.880+0000) > > That's pretty satisfying, and thanks for the explanation I really didn't get it either :P It was really hilarious, if there is anything you want explained more in terms of 40k rules i would be more than happy to help :)
Slythion (NA)
: That's really cool, but as someone who doesn't play/follow Warhammer can you explain this Alex Fennel's situation and why he was at a disadvantage or something?
> [{quoted}](name=Slythion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aTFqqQlw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-15T22:31:18.370+0000) > > That's really cool, but as someone who doesn't play/follow Warhammer can you explain this Alex Fennel's situation and why he was at a disadvantage or something? Basically both players made a gentlemen agreement to ignore any little errors in the rules to help speed up the game to allow it to be more fun for them and for the live audience during the semi finale as they only have a 2 hour time frame. The scumbag player wasted a full hour setting up(slow playing its called), deliberately and then a made a call out on a minor rule error that resulted in the nice player being unable to move his army for the first turn (setting up a unit from reserves before moving the rest of the army). The nice player said sorry my bad and didn't make a single argument or remark and showed really nice sportsmanship throughout the game, evenly though it was an unfair move by the scumbag player. The nice player lost because of that. Next round the scumbag player ends up making the same mistake against a different opponent and the new player he was against basically said "normally i would allow that mistake but because of what you did to the guy in semi finale i'm not gonna" and the scumbag player lost lol.
Sahn Uzal (EUW)
: Damn, that's awesome!
> [{quoted}](name=Tidal Tyrant,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aTFqqQlw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-15T22:15:43.538+0000) > > Damn, that's awesome! http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/193/719/637.png
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: Hmmmm? Pretty sure the primary goal of a ranked ladder is to be competitive.
The end goal is to get to your desired ranked but if your not finding the climbing experience fun then there isn't really a reason for playing it. No point forcing yourself into doing something you don't enjoy. I've been in plenty of competitive environments(video-games and Irl) and sportsmanship is key to making the experience fun for everyone.
Rioter Comments
Kaìju (NA)
: The price the fact Shiv can crit at all are the only two major problems. If Shiv could not crit marksmen would not have a burst combo from two items, and with increase in price the game slows down since carries don't get game ending damage as fast.
Shiv should be converted back to a waveclear item rather than a burst item. I think reducing the prices of crit items is a good approach but the power of those items needs to be reduced too as well to match their prices. The reason why I say have crit increased damage scale with opponents level the same way as lethality does is to reduce early game snowball potential but still allow them to feel like late game powerhouses that they are. Overall allowing the rest of team not to be punished as much when the enemy ADC gets fed when it was outside of their control.
Rioter Comments
: When your holding people off an objective until your team respawns
: ***
Just because you don't see lee sin alot doesn't mean that others don't see him get played alot. E.G I've only seen sejuani once in my games. Do you represent the whole league player population?
: ***
Because his winrate is actually lowered due to his insane player rate, if he had a 6% play rate instead then chances are his winrate would be really positive. Also Leesin tends to get buffed near when pro play starts back up if he is seen as a bit weak.
: > [{quoted}](name=nodice21,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EvG3XzqY,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-10T02:45:06.839+0000) > > its good on rengar and hec and thats pretty much it to a point. is it good yes is it bad yes. becuase it has way to high of a cd to be useful Roaming supports might rather like it at the moment. Or anything that wants to flank initiate.
Try it on blitzcrank and watch people brick themselves.
: {{champion:120}}
: its good on rengar and hec and thats pretty much it to a point. is it good yes is it bad yes. becuase it has way to high of a cd to be useful
Really fun on Quinn too, the CD is quite long but when you actually get to use it though it is a fun experience.
: umm no its not effeicent it has way to long of a cd to be useful. whats wrong with klepto?
The complement was more to do with making the player experience more fun rather than to do with actual game-play balance and effectiveness. It feels enjoyable to use basically. Edit: Klepto i feel allows some certain champs to ramp up really quickly, enjoyable to use though.
Rioter Comments
Infernape (EUW)
: It's sad that Nintendo bought the rights to the franchise. It would look bloody awesome on a PC.
> [{quoted}](name=FurorDivinus27,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HcEUrGoE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-08T03:20:57.840+0000) > > It's sad that Nintendo bought the rights to the franchise. It would look bloody awesome on a PC. Depends on the person's PC fam. Edit: But yeah, I get what u mean tho.
Rioter Comments
JMoormann (EUW)
: > In fact my biggest enjoyment playing league was when it was just. They make skin, I like skin, I buy skin. No loot box shenanigans. Is there anyone preventing you from doing that now (aside from the gemstone skins)?
Nah but I think you're missing my main point about loot crates being a bad thing. The guy thought I didn't like skins being sold and bought which isn't the case.
: Riot doesn't make you pay 50 bucks for a game, and then force you to unlock individual champions as well, forcing you to play as Minions in the meanwhile. Riot doesn't integrate Loot boxes into gameplay by having them drop game-affecting loot. The entire idea of a lootbox is manipulative, in general, but even then you can still buy every other skin in the game, just not the 5-6 of them meant to make loot boxes attractive. Riot doesn't rip out content from the game, that was previously in the game, to encourage buying loot boxes. In terms of emotes, does it really matter if the enemy sees them? As long as you're enjoying them, and you BM for the sake of BM'ing, not the reaction, who cares if the enemy sees it. So yes, you can technically compare EA and Riot. Just the same way you can judge a rock to a mountain.
EA doesn't charge people £20 for a 5 year old cosmetic skin. Atleast EA know that their digital products become out dated with time so they make them cheaper to match the value of today's standards. How about we compare Riot to company that also does implement loot boxes too in their moba. Valve might be the casino of the game industry with all the loot crate shenanigans they do. But atleast they don't charge players or force them to grind in order to obtain champions like "a minion". Which is a lot more fair as they know champions get buffed and nerfed all the time so the champion product someone buys is never in the same state as it was when initially released(look at the champion spotlight for azir). Even blizzard know this and allow a try before you buy system in heroes of the storm so players atleast know if the champ they want to buy is worth it or not. Emotes can be muted by everyone not just the enemy team, the whole point of emotes to convey emotion to other people. When they cost strictly money to obtain and their purpose can be flat out ignored is the problem. A more fairer approach would've been to have them cost money and blue essence too. A mountain is a big rock, EA is a big issue. Riot is a rock, riot is an issue. You're making it seem like because EA is worse it gives what riot is doing leeway which is wrong.
: Your arguments are very skewed and biased. Skins are a way to keep the game profitable, if skins didn't exist League would be either non-existent or P2P. As for loot boxes, there are good arguments on both sides. True, it is manipulative to include a form of gambling into the game. On the other hand, boxes provide free content that is usually behind a paywall and I personally have never felt the urge to buy loot boxes, it always felt like a bonus for spending time on the game. Your point about emotes is slightly odd to me. Yes, emotes can be blocked by enemies. But the player themselves can still see them. And the vast majority of players can see them. It's just a way to avoid people who have binds that make their emote show up every time they use their Q. It's annoying and I think it's a good thing Riot has a way of avoiding it. Also curious to what debates there are. Skins don't inherently give advantages to the player (excluding some skins with favourable particles such as iBlitz).
My argument is biased yes, I feel annoyed at riot. I'm not hiding that fact. The statement I made is my own opinion and to show how I feel. I hate loot boxes in general no matter what game they're from. I know skins are a way to maintain to money I never said they were bad, In fact my biggest enjoyment playing league was when it was just. They make skin, I like skin, I buy skin. No loot box shenanigans. The point I wanted to make with emotes was that because they can be potentially ignored by the everyone else in the game. They should atleast have them cost blue essence as well due to the fact that they could be muted is what I'm trying to state. The issues with skins are how they're handled mainly, Cassiopeia players for instance had to wait 4 years to get a skin. I could've got a uni degree to learn how to make a skin myself by that time. Issues like that is what makes champion player bases feel isolated. Some other issues are how the meta can be altered to buff champs that are receiving an upcoming skin. This isn't a problem itself but when must needed champion nerfs are being delayed until after a skin is released it becomes a problem. Creating issues for player enjoyment when facing against said champ is much longer than what is nessecary. Then also people who buy the skin end up feeling bamboozled as well because they're champ got hit hard with the nerf bat straight afterwards. This doesn't happen all the time (comparing project Ashe to pulsefire cait release) but the fact that it does is the issue.
: Sorry to be that guy, but Riot's nowhere near what EA is doing when it comes to micro-transactions. You can still play league of legends without paying a cent the entire time. Yes, the new Blue Essence needs some work, but I will point out the obvious fact: it is still preseason. Riot is still tweaking things in preparation for Season 8, so just wait a month or so, and Riot will probably fix the system to something more tolerable.
Alterations to do with the store should've been completed and fully tested before the changes were applied, the fact it was approved to be unveiled to the public in this state is bad business practice. Gameplay issues to do with preseason balance is understandable. Store issues is not as it has nothing to do with the balance team. EA games (apart from the initial payment obviously) can be played without paying a single cent. How they work is that they use manipulative ways to get unaware people to spend money. Looking at you Dead Space 3. Riot's loot box system is manipulative, locking away champion skins and encouraging kids to pile drive their way through their parents money as they don't know any better. Meanwhile their parents probs don't even realise what's going on until they see a huge credit charge on their bank statement. Then there is the questionable matter of emotes as they mainly can only be obtained through real money. Which isn't bad at first until you realise people can mute them, this leads to potential problems as someone who pays an emote gets excited, can't wait to use and show it off in game but realises no one can see it as it Might be muted by everyone. Inherently making them feel like their money is wasted. There's also the known debates on how they handle skins. I'm just tired of waiting for Riot to fix a never ending stream of issues they keep creating. Give them an inch they take a mile, season 7 was a joke with how they handled it. It's a joke in general how long it takes them to do anything. Are they as bad as EA? No. Can they be compared to EA based on their shenanigans? Yes.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Wasn't that the Project: Quinn fanart?
Yee, I just hope that maybe one day the skin will be an actual thing. Better luck next year hopefully :(
Rioter Comments
: Should have been Project Quinn instead of fucking Jhin
I feel bamboozled again, the first time with the rakan and xayah teaser were the image looked like something Quinn related but ended up being another bird themed marksman duo. Now with the whole Project: Hunter theme :(
GreenLore (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sexualsaurus,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=YEgWGfXa,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-10-20T19:58:17.509+0000) > > I think most people feel like they should make it 1850 rp to buy the two together as a default package rather than two separate skins. Uhm thats exactly what they are doing... They announced that you can buy the skins seperately for 1350 or in a bundle for 1820RP. In that case you'd get one of the 1350-skins for 470RP
"Buy the two together as a default package" By that i mean buy the two together in general, anytime you want sort of thing and not as a temporarily first week release bundle.
: Plz Stop Complaining About Two Blitzcrank Skins When . . . .
Its not really the fact that blitzcrank got two skins, its more to do with the fact that the skins are roughly the same appearance-wise but cost 1350 rp separately and blitz is quite popular to be fair (14% playrate according to op.gg). He also got his own little arcade game Blitzcrank's Poro Roundup two years ago. I think most people feel like they should make it 1850 rp to buy the two together as a default package rather than two separate skins.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sexualsaurus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=42y5wE3T,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-10-11T23:04:49.071+0000) > > I think we all need to see a therapist after experiencing season 7. Why? so we can traumatize the therapist too?
FooDang (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=taleofsonata,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=42y5wE3T,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-11T22:32:04.172+0000) > > I've cried so much during this season. Sounds like you need to take a break from league and book an appointment with a therapist.
I think we all need to see a therapist after experiencing season 7.
: Should we be happy that Riot Sanjuro lost his job?
Don't wish misfortune onto others if don't want misfortune apon yourself. If a riot employee wished I died from cancer I would want them sacked.
Turfnima (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Canti Tokes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VoVoa3Mg,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-10-01T10:39:29.180+0000) > > edit: the guy i replied to removed his post xD > > Nope. Even tyler admits to the fact that what he did was bad (proof: watch the latest beyond the rift episode). I agree what he did was inexcusable, but the point of interest is how riot employees are allowed to act. The rioter in question is not just a random guy, he leads a team of other rioters or leads an entire department. > > Are riot employees allowed to act this way justified or not? So a company needs to punish its employee for public speech? Is Tyler1 allowed to do the same thing on a public platform? I am not a fan of censoring some one over their words, and I do wish myself has the right to tell someone to f off and not being punished over it. Posting this post and trying to get attention from riot kanda tells me you want riot to punish or fire this guy,{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=Turfnima,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VoVoa3Mg,comment-id=000100000004,timestamp=2017-10-02T16:17:18.645+0000) > > So a company needs to punish its employee for public speech? Is Tyler1 allowed to do the same thing on a public platform? I am not a fan of censoring some one over their words, and I do wish myself has the right to tell someone to f off and not being punished over it. Posting this post and trying to get attention from riot kanda tells me you want riot to punish or fire this guy,{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Tyler1 doesn't get paid by a company that promotes anti-toxicity. Also you are allowed to have free speech but you are not free from the consequences of how employers or the will react.
: Riot employee behavior
Personally I would sack the person.
: https://i.imgur.com/SLdUgsl.gif[/img]
http://i.imgur.com/pC6lzQn.gif?notedirect
: http://68.media.tumblr.com/41d03c76593fe0f08ccdf84af5f93420/tumblr_inline_myfmf64tG81r6plqa.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/fc57f63258ddce23988c0660a6d654a7/tumblr_mf60xmVQeh1rl66t5o4_500.gif
: When you ban Yasuo
https://68.media.tumblr.com/a34182cd6c95d0cb30c5e1a196c5bd44/tumblr_n7gj9jXZm21r39jbio2_500.gif
Kuzja1 (NA)
: http://i.imgur.com/gYpLoQ0.gif
Had a feeling someone was gonna post the scotsman from samurai jack lol
Dokkaebi (EUNE)
: You can build it only on ranged champions tho' :^))) EDIT: Ok. Apparently I was wrong. You can build it on melee too.
You can build it on any champ i believe, At one point Rengar could use it for a greater leap distance before riot fixed it.
: http://i.imgur.com/bofUVay.gif?noredirect
http://i.imgur.com/fq87Uwb.gif?notedirect
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Woodsy ranged characters with pets are a common trope in modern fantasy -- we see them all the time in movies, video games, TV shows, etc. I don't think falconers necessarily need to be ranged in order to function in a way that makes sense, though. Sure, fighting from a distance is safer in all regards -- but employing both a firearm and a bird of prey simultaneously can go awry real fast if the falconer misses so much as a single shot (they'd endanger their bird of prey). This is why I think melee Quinn is sound from a thematic perspective. > Personally I think ranged is better on Quinn gameplay-wise Gameplay-wise, Quinn has always tip-toed between ranged and melee. Before the rework, she had an entire melee combat form, and even now she has Vault, an ability that forces her into melee range. Not to mention her lowish attack range for a Marksman -- lowish compared to other Marksmen, that is -- though I probably shouldn't use that as a metric since she's no longer classified as one. That's besides the point though. I think one of Quinn's most interesting aspects is her ability to play as an Assassin. Unfortunately Quinn has always been somewhat of a dysfunctional / half-assed Assassin. This is because proper Assassins employ escape mechanisms within their kit that allow them to exit the thick of a fight after entering one. Quinn on the other hand has no room for an escape tool in her power budget because she's a ranged character with DPS qualities. This means that until Riot gives her a definitive identity (Marksman or Assassin), she'll always be doomed to be subpar at either. This is why I'm so desperate for melee Quinn. Not only would it allow her to become the functional Assassin she was intended to be from her conception (say goodbye to suicide-bomber Quinn), it would also finally give her a definitive place within the League roster, rather than leaving her as a champion who toes multiple classes and subclasses without being successful at any particular one. Let's not forget our melee top lane bros, who could finally rejoice now that she'd no longer have an oppressive laning phase. > It makes more sense in my head to have Quinn weaken her target from a distance while having Valor swoop in for the kill I think this would be totally possible even with melee Quinn. There are a bunch of assassins in League with ranged abilities that allow them to poke or farm from a safe distance while simultaneously exerting pressure in lane (i.e. Katarina, Zed, Talon, etc). Likewise, the inverse of this could work also; that is, Valor serving as the initiator who weakens Quinn's targets first before she goes in and finishes them off herself. Both options make sense and I'd love to see the visual harmony and sense of teamwork it would create. Woo, I've gone and made a wall of text again. I hope it explains everything.
>but employing both a firearm and a bird of prey simultaneously can go awry >real fast if the falconer misses so much as a single shot (they'd endanger >their bird of prey). Gun Dog hunting involves the use of firearms, how human and animal partners avoid these situations is to take turns when hunting their target. Quinn's gameplay currently shows this a lot as when Valor Flies to dig his talons into the target he then quickly evades out of sight, leaving the target vulnerable for Quinn. During her vault too after she has jumps off the target, they are disrupted leaving an opening for Valor to go in to mark them while she is in mid leap. I've been playing Quinn before the rework and know the suicidal situations her kit creates as well. During that time though she was considered a marksman/fighter and even now though her kit still has those diver tendencies. Making her melee might not be the best solution as some champs such as Diana have the same issues where they're considered assassins but their kit puts them in suicidal situations like a diver. The melee part of Quinn has always been Valor, they sort of were meant to bring two worlds together. I know riot has stated that having a hybrid champ causes balancing issues but I believe they should at least give it another shot. They've learned more over the years and would probably be even surprise themselves at what they can come up with. Quinn's been a really good assassin throughout season 6 to patch 7.5 I believe, she may not of had the escape potential of other assassins but she did shine in other assassin aspects such as flanking, roaming and extremely high pick potential. Also I want point out have you ever noticed that Quinn most of the time keeps her right arm down? The reason for this is because it can send unintentional messages for Valor so it's to ensure he doesn't try to land on her arm. I still don't think making her melee is the best idea but if they did I would strongly recommend they don't go with the double arm blades style you see in the early concept art because of a few thematic reasons: 1. The false signals I mentioned were she lifts her arms in combat and Valor could be like "brace the landing pad" 2. The having a sharp blade share the same place as Valor's resting spot could create harmful problems. 3. The glove itself is made out of thick leather, it's hard to move your fingers so it's not combat orientated that's why it is traditionally worn on your weaker arm. If riot do decide to make her melee, I would recommend giving her a one handed sword and go for a more lord of the rings ranger style approach instead. For real though what I say isn't set in stone, you might be right and if that's what you believe go for it. I'm just giving my perspective and both you and riot could prove me wrong, if that does happen I could be a very happy person myself :)
: If I ever needed convincing that Quinn should be melee...
Personally I think ranged is better on Quinn gameplay-wise and thematically, I use to do Falconry myself and when you're hunting you keep a steady distance away from your bird so it makes more sense in my head to have Quinn weaken her target from a distance while having Valor swoop in for the kill either from the sky or the trees. Making her melee may cause a lot of conflict with current Quinn mains as their champ is losing their ranged identity, the melee concept art does look cool but I think riot has past that point of no return now and it would be better to try and work on her current ranged hunter identity.
Rioter Comments
: Which one will you choose?
>Become God Himself I don't think i can become me twice :^)
Mhihnj (EUW)
: Guess she didn't expect you to become green....and grow a tail.
That was expected, what she didn't expect was my ability to make an amazing spicy stir-fry with my knowledge of the veggies
Show more

Sexualsaurus

Level 59 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion