: > [{quoted}](name=Skouriasmenos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lx5tWnAl,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-03T13:36:13.406+0000) > > I honestly do not mind that at all ... I like the idea of making separate events for a lot of groups, as long as you make those events eventually for every group ... **ok, they didn't, they messed up, it happens, that is ok** ... > > what is "NOT ok" is the playerbase being yelled at by Riot employees for pointing out **their mistake** ... this is like stealing all the food at a party, eating everything alone and then complain that the people that were starving all night are loud and interrupted your siesta and caused you indigestion ... > > that is next level audacity ... :p Im sorry,again im not fully informed on the situation, was the female and non binary only event announced? Or was it stated differently?
> [{quoted}](name=Smokin Pepper ,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lx5tWnAl,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-09-03T13:44:44.318+0000) > > Im sorry,again im not fully informed on the situation, was the female and non binary only event announced? Or was it stated differently? It was announced as such ... the rest of the issue (the tweets and the yelling) can be found here : https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/rjizp5TE-this-is-the-attitude-a-riot-employee-displays-in-public
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Skouriasmenos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lx5tWnAl,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-03T13:36:13.406+0000) > > I honestly do not mind that at all ... I like the idea of making separate events for a lot of groups, as long as you make those events eventually for every group ... **ok, they didn't, they messed up, it happens, that is ok** ... > > what is "NOT ok" is the playerbase being yelled at by Riot employees for pointing out **their mistake** ... this is like stealing all the food at a party, eating everything alone and then complain that the people that were starving all night are loud and interrupted your siesta and caused you indigestion ... > > that is next level audacity ... :p That isn't everyone, however, anyone who even tried to open a dialogue about how this was unfair was immediately branded as a sexist mygontistc cis gendered man baby.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lx5tWnAl,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-09-03T13:38:08.638+0000) > > That isn't everyone, however, anyone who even tried to open a dialogue about how this was unfair was immediately branded as a sexist mygontistc cis gendered man baby. yes, which is exactly my point ... :) A lot of companies do not realize that most of the times it is not the actual issue that caused them a problem, but the way they deal/respond to that issue, that becomes the problem ... Riot could have said "oops, that was not a good idea, sorry about that, we will make up to the people that paid for it and missed it, sorry for the inconvenience and blah blah" and most people would rage for a day and say "well, at least they apologized" and that would be all ... But this is not what happened here ... as you said, this escalated very quickly and towards the totally wrong direction ... **and THIS now IS the actual problem**, along with the Rioters that created it ...
: Are people really throwing a tantrum over this?
> [{quoted}](name=Smokin Pepper ,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lx5tWnAl,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-03T13:16:16.587+0000) > > Its not like they made the entire thing women and non binary only, giving a little bit of space and time to an audience that rarely gets heard or taken seriously doesnt hurt you. Calm down. I honestly do not mind that at all ... I like the idea of making separate events for a lot of groups, as long as you make those events eventually for every group ... **ok, they didn't, they messed up, it happens, that is ok** ... what is "NOT ok" is the playerbase being yelled at by Riot employees for pointing out **their mistake** ... this is like stealing all the food at a party, eating everything alone and then complain that the people that were starving all night are loud and interrupted your siesta and caused you indigestion ... that is next level audacity ... :p
: > [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PvGAqxEJ,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T12:57:14.339+0000) > > Might be to late. Immediate genuine response is needed to recover from this sort of self destruction. If it's done in a few days it will be like the community cajoled them into it. Which Doesn't have as much of a positive response Some times bigger companies cannot go on a fast and genuine response because every word will be scrutinized by the mass and any imperfection or unclarity will be magnified and used against them by who is still angry.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PvGAqxEJ,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T12:59:25.039+0000) > > Some times bigger companies cannot go on a fast and genuine response because every word will be scrutinized by the mass and any imperfection or unclarity will be magnified and used against them by who is still angry. This is true, to be fair ... remember that "larger company" means more paperwork, more people to check with, more people to get an "ok, go ahead with that move" with and more people to push the blame on ... this tends to get responses/reflexes to slow down quite a bit ...
: You're all proving DZK right.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5o4i4qlg,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-03T12:50:05.064+0000) > > With how irrational and extreme you're all acting about a simple and harmless event, can you really say you aren't being manbabies or at least concede that there are at MANY manbabies amongst yourselves? {{champion:48}} approves this post ...
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PvGAqxEJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-03T12:47:20.475+0000) > > He openly insulted everyone though, like, did you read the tweets? There are plenty of people, plenty of cis gender men at that who want equal treatment for everyone, but he denounced anyone who didn't agree with him as crying manbabies. He call it whatever he wants, but sexism is sexism. He and Froskurinn need to be officially scolded because they attacked and insulted ppl trying to have a polite discussion just because they disagreed, I'm not for saving them from punishment. But losing a job is too much if that's the sole cause and in a world were media reputation does a lot I feel like this would doom their career for far more than intended.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PvGAqxEJ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-03T12:51:36.289+0000) > > He and Froskurinn need to be officially scolded because they attacked and insulted ppl trying to have a polite discussion just because they disagreed, I'm not for saving them from punishment. But losing a job is too much if that's the sole cause and in a world were media reputation does a lot I feel like this would doom their career for far more than intended. Go to a coffee shop, ask for a coffee, get served some tea, when you say "but I ordered coffee", get yelled at and that your complain is a "hissy fit" and that "tea is just fine" ... good day at the coffee shop, eh .?. Reflects good on the company, eh .?. :p
: There is no need for ppl to lose their jobs over stupid tweets
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PvGAqxEJ,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-03T12:27:26.154+0000) > > But Riot as a whole should join the discussion and defend **both** sides as no1 wants to attack the ppl involved, "there were very good people, from both sides" --- you know who said it, you know :p
: Becareful with the negativity on controversial situations involving Riot Games
> [{quoted}](name=The Hörror King,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5K0PGkqz,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-03T12:14:19.896+0000) > > we should be **players first** and people second when playing League of Legends > > this is my philosophy and I am sticking to it. So, you are saying that we should all shut up lest we lose a game .?. This is really the amount of things/goods you price your own values .?. You would pretend to not notice things for just a game .?. This is just sad man ...
: As a female, I feel more personally attacked by Daniel Klein.
> [{quoted}](name=Jewlliette,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IjHdratL,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-03T00:01:47.424+0000) > > I wasn't even there, and I feel horrible, and I can't even imagine how the other girls must've felt being there, knowing that the guys had to wait. Well, despite of that, some people DID attend and apparently they had no similar qualms with getting more than the others outside ... which is going to give the perfect excuse to the other group for the next time when the tables flip ... Notice how neutral my example is ... it works like that with everything people choose to "make separate groups" that antagonise each other, be that sports teams, political parties, genders, age groups, hobbies etc etc etc ... You are right though, events like these throw a massive shade over your own rights and sense of justice and the people that didn't take the same stance as you did and didn't say "hey I do not want to gain this thing over another person without my personal worth and effort" are the ones that made this happen ...
: This is the Attitude a Riot Employee Displays in Public
> [{quoted}](name=The Yetii Rider,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rjizp5TE,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-02T17:26:01.430+0000) > > Riot, axe this man. I'm serious. putting the sexism and the "peak snowflake" of SJW stuff aside, when did it become "ok" for an employer to say "f23k off" **to a customer** and that they behave like "overgrown toddlers" throwing "hissy fits" ... When did that become "ok" for an employee and why isn't my employer notified .?. :p
: Seems like changes targeted to auto filled support players and frustrating changes for support mains. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
> [{quoted}](name=Grimalkyne,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=xeAEIL6M,comment-id=0024,timestamp=2018-01-09T22:23:44.949+0000) > > Seems like changes targeted to auto filled support players and frustrating changes for support mains. > {{sticker:sg-soraka}} The truth has been spoken /thread Riot pretending that these are good changes for anyone maining support is ludicrous ... now that warding is pushed exclusively on our shoulders, the flamming towards the supports will intensify ...
: Blue Essence Earn Rates - Learning the Numbers with Carl and Henrietta
> [{quoted}](name=Mortdog,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=Jh3Mtzu6,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-11-08T20:15:42.685+0000) > > So based on this, in the very unlikely event that every box you open is the worst case, you can end up a bit shorter in the new world. But **most players** will end up quite a bit better off. a bit better off or the same, BUT there is this to consider : > And this is BEFORE one more consideration. Let’s say you drop a Jinx shard which DE’s for 1,240 Blue Essence. If you need to unlock Jinx, you can use the Shard to get her for an extra 20% off. This means instead of paying 6,300 Blue Essence, you actually only pay 3,780 and use the shard. You basically get DOUBLE the BE value if you need that champ. So if you’re a new player who wants to unlock all the champions, each time you drop a champ you still need, we’ve greatly increased your IP/BE gain even more. NOW YOU HAVE TO PAY TO TURN THE SHARD INTO A CHAMPION !! Before, the 450 ip could be turned into an Annie champion or and Ashe. Now you need the shard AND +270 BE to turn it into a champion (I checked with an Ashe shard I had lying around). In case of Rakan, if you get a good champion shard drop, the amount of BE needed is 3780 !!! So, if you got a Rakan shard you could either disenchant it for 1260 BE, or you have to wait for 4 level ups to actually gather the BE to use it. **FOUR LEVEL UPS to USE the shard from a PREVIOUS level up.** Before, Carl had "~801 IP" which could be turned **immediately** into **actual stuff**, now he gets "either 720 (The worst drop), 900, 960, or 1,240" worth of SHARDS which need MORE BE to turn into actual stuff and that extra BE is where YOU, as a company, is trying to trick the players and claim that this new system is to the player's benefit. Add to this the OBVIOUS problem that, Carl in two days and 4 games could have gotten Annie and played with her on the 5th game. Now he has to wait for the level up to get the shards.
: > [{quoted}](name=Theorchero,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UHYnEaZh,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2017-10-21T16:51:26.007+0000) > > Yeah, because that totally doesn't have shit tons of problems and bias against men either. What are the problems and the bias? This statement wasn't just for men. It is for everyone. The problems this fixes are: * Divorce rates - if you never have sex before you are married, it is pretty easy to figure out if you actually love each other and not just the sex. * Single moms - the only single moms would be widows * STD's - the spread of STD's would be almost entirely nonexistant * Rape - This would not be a thing. Because this would not be a thing, neither would false accusations. * Cheating - Being faithful with your partner to not have sex before marriage conditions you to not have sex with those who are not your spouse after marriage. I challenge you to make an argument that shows how having sex before you are married is a good thing.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UHYnEaZh,comment-id=000700000001,timestamp=2017-10-21T17:06:15.757+0000) > > What are the problems and the bias? This statement wasn't just for men. It is for everyone. The problems this fixes are: > > * Divorce rates - if you never have sex before you are married, it is pretty easy to figure out if you actually love each other and not just the sex. It is also very difficult to discern whether you love someone or you are just horny or just having a good time ... not to mention that it is quite a horrible thing to learn AFTER the marriage that you significant other is no good at the whole thing. > * Single moms - the only single moms would be widows Or the women that got divorced for the aforementioned or many other reasons. Do you think that marriages end only because of cheating .?. There are dozens of reasons for that result ... > * STD's - the spread of STD's would be almost entirely nonexistant well, only if you could find a way to totally convince **everyone** to follow that rule, which is borderline impossible. > * Rape - This would not be a thing. Because this would not be a thing, neither would false accusations. Well, that shows quite a lot of ignorance on how people react to repressing their natural urges ... if you think that creating a population that is under an immense amount of sexual tension and anticipation reduces the rape rate, you need to think again. > * Cheating - Being faithful with your partner to not have sex before marriage conditions you to not have sex with those who are not your spouse after marriage. Those two things are totally irrelevant to one another ... this is similar to saying that if I never had a burger before, then once I had a burger now I am conditioned to never touch any other food in my life. preposterous. > I challenge you to make an argument that shows how having sex before you are married is a good thing. It is neither good, nor bad ... humans, like it or not, are living organisms and you are only here because once upon a time we lived in the wild nature and noone cared about things like "monogamy" so the human species spread far and wide and survived through the millenia. Suggesting that a social norm/rule like marriage is somehow a one way road for every human being, is not really reasonable ...
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Skouriasmenos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UHYnEaZh,comment-id=00010003,timestamp=2017-10-21T16:23:30.742+0000) > > Yeah, it is the media's "fault" for quoting him ... > > https://youtu.be/kikTv0I8XVw?t=1m29s > > how dare the "media", eh .?. :p Though you must admit, while the freedom of press is not a hard case to discuss when it comes to Trump for the most part, but there are other cases where media slandering has caused a shit ton of long term problem and misconceptions and stuff like that. Just look at Brexit being a prime example, they campaigned so hard to leave EU by slandering the stay crew with all sorts of nasty portrayals, and when they did won the referendum and 'exited' EU, many politicians who wanted the damn thing weren't even ready for it and they just either resigned or migrated out of UK entirely because fuck it. Freedom to press, which for some reason can also be interpreted as being free to be bought and bribed by political parties to spread propaganda and sway opinions, still has its issues I would say.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UHYnEaZh,comment-id=000100030000,timestamp=2017-10-21T16:40:48.279+0000) > > Though you must admit, while the freedom of press is not a hard case to discuss when it comes to Trump for the most part, but there are other cases where media slandering has caused a shit ton of long term problem and misconceptions and stuff like that. Just look at Brexit being a prime example, they campaigned so hard to leave EU by slandering the stay crew with all sorts of nasty portrayals, and when they did won the referendum and 'exited' EU, many politicians who wanted the damn thing weren't even ready for it and they just either resigned or migrated out of UK entirely because fuck it. I do not disagree with that ... we sadly live in an era where you can write and publish an utter lie and claim that "undisclosed source say that it is true" and nothing will happen to you. This, however, is not so much a matter of the law having problems, but the public being gullible and not seeking out neither truth, nor justice. I will give you an example ... there is the person that once (4-5 years ago) claimed **ON AIR** that Eurogendfor ( European Gendarmerie Force ) had landed in our country in order to prevent an uprising and that we were on a verge of a civil unrest and that the EU had sent in the police to contain the possible rioting. Asked for proof he said that undisclosed people saw their trucks and containers land, that he saw people around with suitcases with the Eurogendfor logo and that he himself was an eyewitness of the force settling in an abandoned military camp which the government lent them. As if they'd really try to hide thousands of people and their equipment and then blow their covers by using suitcases with their own logo on. If you haven't yet dropped out of your seat by laughter, here is the punchline ... that guy was so out of his league in his lying that he was even making mistake in google-able facts (e.g. where the EUROGENDFOR HQ is stationed ). I hear that and I am like "ok, this is a new low ... are people so naive as to believe that?" ... the answer was YES ! Here is the fun part though ... NOTHING HAPPENED ... no riots, no unrest and, of course, no Eurogendfor member or even employee was EVER found/seen/ photgraphed or even heard of in the country. Did the public demand an apology .?. None was asked, so none was given. Did the public stopped listening to that guy's show .?. Nope. Is he still on the air talking about, God knows what .?. Yes. Is he still seriously being asked to contribute to TV programs as a pundit .?. Yes. Does the public stil consider him credible .?. Yes. And we dare think that the law is somehow at fault .?. No law can protect us from being collectively dumb as heap of bricks ... > Freedom to press, which for some reason can also be interpreted as being free to be bought and bribed by political parties to spread propaganda and sway opinions, still has its issues I would say. For this I will let the Brittish answer for themselves : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M "The press is pandering to their reader's prejudices", indeed ...
: Tbh the media slandering our president should be being handled better than it is aswell. Doesn't matter whether you like or dislike him, Its not even political at this point its just sad. Its making america look like a joke. All its accomplishing is undermining our country on a global scale.
> [{quoted}](name=CrisisEchoes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UHYnEaZh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-10-21T14:12:28.068+0000) > > Tbh the media slandering our president should be being handled better than it is aswell. Doesn't matter whether you like or dislike him, Its not even political at this point its just sad. Its making america look like a joke. > All its accomplishing is undermining our country on a global scale. Yeah, it is the media's "fault" for quoting him ... https://youtu.be/kikTv0I8XVw?t=1m29s how dare the "media", eh .?. :p
: Thanks for all your downvotes without any thought, consideration, argument, or comment. You are, indeed, the community. The next time someone shoves the fuck out of his lane and shit talks his jungler, report the jungler. If the jungler explain that he wants to help but can't turret dive to 100 to 0 his opponent at level 4, report the jungler. If you run from 4v2 and the enemy team takes objectives without a fight, report whoever suggests maybe you should engage and team fight when you have the numerical advantage. Fuck them for suggesting you're not perfect. You are fucking perfect and they should be banned for suggesting you should attack when it's 4v2. Asshole. If you go 0/7 as some cheese champ that doesn't fit meta for your lane/role/comp, keep going glass. Shit talk your teammates. It's their fault you fed and gave up 7 kills in 4 minutes. Then, of course, report them. If you're doing raptors or wolves at 42 minutes while the enemy team is doing baron/dragon/pushing a turret, report anyone who asks you to join them rather than do raptors. They're toxic and those raptors mattered more than enemy kills, preventing allied deaths, inhibitors, and winning. Fuck them. Report them. Seriously. It's a fun game. When you ban talking about it, you just make it worse for everyone. For example, you could BAN talking about how single mothers' kids are 35 TIMES more likely to be abused than married mothers' kids. You could ban pointing out that married mothers' kids statistically earn more, abuse drugs less, have higher IQs, etc. But that wouldn't help those poor kids. And all of this raging isn't helping the game. Ultimately, the majority get what they deserve. And you're arguing REALLY hard that you don't deserve much of shit. And that's what you're getting.
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2017-10-21T13:10:23.214+0000) > > Ultimately, the majority get what they deserve. And you're arguing REALLY hard that you don't deserve much of shit. And that's what you're getting. well, you got the permaban you deserved, so the system at least works marginally ok, but I do not know if we deserve that :p
: To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Yasuo.
> [{quoted}](name=5000000000000000,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=tGbyYHi0,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-21T05:48:26.005+0000) > > And yes, by the way, i DO have a Yasuo tattoo. If one is to believe the spam mails, other people just use pumps, dude ... :p
: Yeah, I'm old. What's the new system, exactly? You didn't explain how it is infallible and excempt from the exact same faults as the previous system. Then you refer to the "bulk of the community." And that "the system learns its behavior from player reporting habits." Which is nonsense. The system is not AI. The system does not "learn its behavior." The "system" is Riot programmed it to ban anyone who bothers their average player. What if their average player is easily agitated and eager to harass others (because it's easier than learning to play better or putting in the effort--which it is)? Then they punish any agitation, even if it's gameplay discussion in ranked of people offering input because they want to win games. I just did tank warwick (some diamond guy's build, I do my research and learn from people better than me) jungle and did more than 2x the damage to champions of ANYONE on my team, including the 2 main carries. I had a sexy mega positive KDR, best in the game by far. It was ranked. I wanted to win. I tried to encourage my team and explain that I'd initiate and tank for them, they just needed to engage with me. I was fed as all hell. You might not back up a 1/14 warwick, but you certainly should back up 14/2 warwick! But sometimes people just hide and farm the jungle. And if you tell them the team needs them, they get mad. And they report you. If they don't report you, maybe you're not carrying enough. It's the Dunning-Kruger effect. Its research is legion. And this game gives it a vehicle to harass players. I'm happy with rules. I wasn't banned for violation of rules. I was banned because the average League player is angry and toxic and wants to hurt anyone they can. I just want to have fun and win games. I'm a nerd who likes gameplay discussion. I don't hate myself. Reported.
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-21T12:47:51.452+0000) > > Yeah, I'm old. so, you tell us that you learn about builds and never found out in three years that there is no tribunal, but your "buddies" still pull pranks on you that they participate in it yet you talk trash about their IQ ... just wow :) > Which is nonsense. The system is not AI. The system does not "learn its behavior." ehm ... it actually does :p > I just did tank warwick (some diamond guy's build, I do my research and learn from people better than me) jungle and did more than 2x the damage to champions of ANYONE on my team, including the 2 main carries. **I had a sexy mega positive KDR, best in the game by far.** > > It was ranked. I wanted to win. I tried to encourage my team and explain that I'd initiate and tank for them, they just needed to engage with me.** I was fed as all hell.** You might not back up a 1/14 warwick, but you certainly should back up 14/2 warwick! Meanwhile back on planet reality : https://i.imgur.com/nmWCZin.jpg oh man :D
: Literal retard enters the debate. And the crowd holds their breath. They're not cheering for you. They're marvelling at the fact that such ridiculous nonsense can get a salary.
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-10-21T13:11:58.586+0000) > > Literal retard enters the debate. oho, now we are seeing some of the chat logs finally ... hohoho :p typical flammer ... whenever he flames he "speaks honestly" and whenever he is told to abide by any common rules or human decency he feels "harassed" and "oppressed" ... :D
: That's a lot of word salad for not making an argument. You did not "correct" me. I did not say what you inferred/implied I said. Period. The error/dishonesty was yours. Period. I merely corrected your dishonesty. Period. Your dishonesty helps you understand why I was banned, because of my passive aggressive attitude? Again, you're being dishonest. "Wall of text," of which you disagreed with nothing. The fact that you think I could possibly have "something to hide" is the problem with your method of harassment. I or any other functional adult would just mute someone who annoyed us. You want accounts banned... because it's too hard to press tab and click once? What's astonishing again? Like I said in the title. You're what wrong with League. You're all virtue-signaling with no arguments. You have no reason and evidence, just harassment. You have to defend raging griefing harassment because you do it all the time.
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=00040000000000010000,timestamp=2017-10-21T12:57:55.569+0000) > > The fact that you think I could possibly have "something to hide" is the problem Noone is "thinking" that ... we **know** that you are hiding the chat logs, since you never posted them :p so it is not a "possibility", **but a fact**, that you are "hiding something" ...
: You Are Why the Community Is Garbage
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-21T08:50:55.372+0000) > > I play a lot of team-oriented PvP games. I regularly place diamond and above. (Yeah, I have other accounts, though I won't use my League ones much any more on general principle--I have enough skins, thanks) Yeah man, and my other car is a Ferrari ... :p
: I pointed out a number of problems with harassment. You responded to none of them and made no argument. Nobody is impressed by you being impressed by you. You're just condescending because it makes you feel good about yourself, with absolutely no substance to back up your condescension. I think I am a more rational and moral person than people who grief and rage at their teammates. While I do not always think my teammates are performing well, I always do my job and try to win as a #1 priority. I wouldn't queue if I wasn't ready to. I think that griefing ruins the fun of the game for all and defeats the purpose of the game's existence. That's my argument. I commit to it. You didn't make an argument or commit to anything. You just cried. You are why bronze players won't be silver. You're why silver players won't be gold. You're why diamond players won't be challenger. You hate discourse. You hate honesty. You're insecure, and someome might point out you're not perfect and could improve. Nobody is perfect. We can all improve. But you'd rather ban someone than accept that you fucked up and lost a game and could win the next one if you weren't so insecure.
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-10-21T11:54:17.937+0000) > > You are why bronze players won't be silver. You're why silver players won't be gold. You're why diamond players won't be challenger. You hate discourse. **You hate honesty.** You're insecure, and someome might point out you're not perfect and could improve. People who confuse "honesty" with "flamming" are so funny to watch/read ... and they all write the same stuff ... are you guys produced in a conveyor belt factory or something .?. :p "You are insecure", they are shouting or "grow a pair" they say and once someone tells them something in game, they prove their "self-confidence" and them totally having "guts", by totally losing their minds and getting permabans ... funny people ... :)
: I have a buddy who takes part in the "tribunal." He regularly remarks about his idiosyncrasies who and who votes to ban or pardon. Regardless of this (he has a rather low IQ, he's going to school for programming and failing horribly because programming is all about rationality), your appeal to a majority is a blatant appeal to majority and blatant logical fallacy. When you're 14/1 and playing excellently and a teammate who has perma-pushed his lane rages that you don't gank for him, what do you do? How do you dissuade his angry report later? Oh, that's right. You've never been 14/1. You're the guy perma-pushing his lane, shit talking someone else, and reporting them for going 14/1.
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-21T11:43:42.221+0000) > > I have a buddy who takes part in the "tribunal." He regularly remarks about his idiosyncrasies who and who votes to ban or pardon. What tribunal .?. The one that closed 3+ years ago .?. :D > Regardless of this (he has a rather low IQ, he's going to school for programming and failing horribly because programming is all about rationality), your appeal to a majority is a blatant appeal to majority and blatant logical fallacy. That need you seem to have to constantly demean other people's IQ is quite amusing ... the way you speak about someone you just called a "buddy" is also speaking volumes ... > Oh, that's right. You've never been 14/1. You're the guy perma-pushing his lane, shit talking someone else, and reporting them for going 14/1. Nope ... I am the guy with the 5+ KDA across all my accounts in my main champions, in comparison to your 1+ KDA, so stop that 14-1 **fantasy** on me ... I have also received **TONS of reports** because I have been maining sejuani SUPPORT since season 3 and noone likes such off meta picks, and I never even got a warning across 4 accounts, so lay off with your lies and assumptions and you claims of "tribunal buddies" even though that system stopped working 3 years ago, ok .?. We weren't born yesterday.
: You seem confused. His suggested I "get even" by, presumably, dishing out the immorality/injustice back upon other players by, again presumably, abusing the same system they abuse to harass their fellow players. I explained that these immoral/unjust players have great numbers, and that the game enables them to harass other players far more than other games. How did I "repl[y] the same way"? You failed to specify. Or make any point whatsoever.
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-21T11:39:32.377+0000) > > You seem confused. > > How did I "repl[y] the same way"? You failed to specify. Or make any point whatsoever. You wrote : "While I made plenty of snide remarks in response ... to raging" and in all your posts it is made clear that you respond to other player's comments and "harassment", with your own comments and "discussion" ... ergo, you claim that some "Low IQ people raged and griefed" and I see that you are raging and griefing as well and I am just asking how does that making you "high IQ" so that you can judge them like that.
: You seem to have missed my point that griefers use the reporting tool as a tool for harassment. Or, more likely, you don't have a retort so you distract from my substantive content. I didn't say that a "majority" of Amerikans voted for Clinton. I just pointed out that Trump and Clinton suck, that the majority is not some magical arbiter of morality or rationality. I wasn't being remotely political, that's why I suggested both candidates sucked. Thanks for getting petty and not engaging me on the content of my posts. I'm positive people could point out my "negative behavior." I say things like "they're grouping up and pushing objectives hard." "if we don't group and show up, we're going to lose." By your standards, these and statements like them absolutely "negative" and banworthy. I acknowledge this. My whole point was that this is ridiculous and bad for the health of the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2017-10-21T11:32:35.254+0000) > > You seem to have missed my point that griefers use the reporting tool as a tool for harassment. Or, more likely, you don't have a retort so you distract from my substantive content. Here is a fun fact ... even if a thousand "griefers" report you, NOTHING will happen to your account if those reports are FALSE ... so, as long as your chat is toxic, it doesn't matter who reports you, be they griefers or good players ... once you are toxic, you are on your way out. If you are NOT toxic nor breaking any rules, then noone's report can make you get punished. simple as that.
: You Are Why the Community Is Garbage
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-21T08:50:55.372+0000) > > I was just permanently banned. hmm ... > Good riddance. ... yeah, I can agree with that ... :p
: There's no "get even." here. Low IQ people raged and griefed. They play this game with staggering numbers. They play other similar and dissimilar games as well, though I know of no other game that integrates harassment so well. It's a great time for gamers, we have many awesome options.
> [{quoted}](name=Virgil Kemp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3tWZ1Gi,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-10-21T10:22:02.867+0000) > > There's no "get even." here. Low IQ people raged and griefed. And you replied **in the same way** ... how does that make you "high IQ" .?.
: You too. Greatly enjoyed this. It's not often you actually get a civil, well thought out discussion on the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=EzEWrMMW,comment-id=001e000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-15T21:55:39.248+0000) > > You too. Greatly enjoyed this. It's not often you actually get a civil, well thought out discussion on the boards. Just happened to read this and it showcased the matter we were discussing about humility and work (and sports), so I thought I'd leave it here : https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/claudio-reyna-us-soccer-shut-up-be-better-humility-youth-development-nycfc-futsal-courts?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_m_medium=t
: Solid Attempt Misfits
hopefully all those TSM fight watching from NA that didn't get what we where talking about innovation and adjusting your picks and performance, NOW GOT the point. Fervor Leona with ignite ... if you have the guts and the skill and the teamwork, it works.
: I'll cut my balls sack off if Misfit win SKT
You were one smite away from it ... you were lucky :p
: Permanent ban? 1-100 how toxic was I?
: LF hot grils to play with silver+
My grill is hot : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HQ2xzE0ydlY/U4FegVeWDWI/AAAAAAAAtIM/sGMwDRJMCi8/s1600/burgers-on-a-grill.jpg :p
: So I can't really comment on any F1 situations, as I haven't followed any form of motor sports in.... ever. I'll take your word for it. I'm not arguing that arrogance is good, and humility is bad. I'm saying that humility is overrated, and arrogance is looked down on too much. They each play less of a part in success and failure than people want to give them credit for. You're a perfect example of this. You attribute all these great characteristics to people that possess humility: They are hard working, focused, driven, successful; while people that are arrogant are the exact opposite. And what I'm saying is those characteristics exist unconnected to humility or arrogance. If an arrogant person can be focused, and driven, and hard working, then obviously those characteristics aren't the direct consequence of someone being humble. >Wasn't Sun Tzu humble .?. Have you read his book .?. There is not a single word of bragging within it. Was there a better general than him at the time .?. No. That's tough to say, as there aren't really records of Sun Tzu outside of _The Art of War_. There's not records of his achievements, victories, or major battles fought. There are people that don't even believe Sun Tzu was a real person. If Sun Tzu were a real person, and given the lack of records outside _The Art of War_, you could argue that Sun Tzu was more successful as a philosopher and writer than he was a general. >Wasn't Alexander the Great humble when he conquered half the known world .?. At the time he managed it, yes. When was his downfall and when did his army stop and made a mutiny .?. When he stopped being humble and made himself a God-king, like a Persian. etc, etc, etc ... I'm not sure what leads you to believe Alexander was a humble person at first. Very little of Alexander's history speaks to humility. Alexander's adoption of Persian traditions within his court can be viewed as a shrewd political move to solidify his position within Persia. And the revolt of his army was not the end of his success, it was the end of his eastward expansion. After the revolt, they still moved south along the Indus and conquered more lands. It's very possible the only thing that led to Alexander's downfall was simple sickness, as he died with plans to invade and conquer Arabia. Given his track-record, it's not hard to believe that such an invasion could not have been successful. I keep saying it: Humility is a good thing, it's just overrated because it's a desirable personality trait in general.
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=EzEWrMMW,comment-id=001e0000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2017-10-15T20:51:34.407+0000) > > I'm not arguing that arrogance is good, and humility is bad. I'm saying that humility is overrated, and arrogance is looked down on too much. They each play less of a part in success and failure than people want to give them credit for. > > You're a perfect example of this. You attribute all these great characteristics to people that possess humility: They are hard working, focused, driven, successful; while people that are arrogant are the exact opposite. And what I'm saying is those characteristics exist unconnected to humility or arrogance. If an arrogant person can be focused, and driven, and hard working, then obviously those characteristics aren't the direct consequence of someone being humble. No person can be defined by ONE epithet or word ... as I said I am only talking about chances ... there are arrogant people that are hardworking and focused and driven, ***they are just more rare than their humble counterparts**. Nothing more, nothing less. I told you that ""never" is a tough word to use" that is why I usually avoid it ... same goes with "always" ... > That's tough to say, as there aren't really records of Sun Tzu outside of _The Art of War_. There's not records of his achievements, victories, or major battles fought. There are people that don't even believe Sun Tzu was a real person. If Sun Tzu were a real person, and given the lack of records outside _The Art of War_, you could argue that Sun Tzu was more successful as a philosopher and writer than he was a general. Good for him then ... this means that even if we accept that he himself didn't have that quality, he knew that it paid to advertise that he did possess it in heaps ... ;) > I'm not sure what leads you to believe Alexander was a humble person at first. Very little of Alexander's history speaks to humility. It is the same thing as Sun Tzu ... even if he was arrogant he actively advertised the opposite when he wanted to solidify his rule and that is what matters, as far as I am concerned. Examples of these are the anecdotal stories of [Alexander and Diogenes the cynical](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_and_Alexander) or how Alexander refused any special treatment when his army was crossing a dry patch of land and similar things like that ... Obviously a king back then couldn't afford much humility in his statesmaship, but he did need to advertise for having it ... > Alexander's adoption of Persian traditions within his court can be viewed as a shrewd political move to solidify his position within Persia. oh, it was quite a bit that, indeed ... the problem is that he took the charade too far ... making Greeks worship him, killing Parmenion and Cleitus and Glafkias and many others and taking Persian wives and adopting their customs didn't help him too much with his original army. Alexander is not a great example of a humble person, and maybe I used him in a wrong way in this discussion, but he is a good example of things turning sour fast when you forgo any humility whatsoever and let arrogance take the better of you. > And the revolt of his army was not the end of his success, it was the end of his eastward expansion. After the revolt, they still moved south along the Indus and conquered more lands. yes, but more as an afterthought, not as a plan ... no general leaves enemies at his flanks. > It's very possible the only thing that led to Alexander's downfall was simple sickness, as he died with plans to invade and conquer Arabia. Given his track-record, it's not hard to believe that such an invasion could not have been successful. meh, by that time things were crumbling around him ... the moment he left one place, the people he left in charge double-crossed him more often than not and it was all a huge mess. Personally I do not buy the illness as his cause of death, but I'd bet my money on poisoning ... I am Greek and I know a bit of our history to not believe that the people that were waiting on the sidelines to divide his empire would let things like nature decide the time and place of the culmination of their ambitions ... Let us not forget that Alexander's father was also assassinated and that Alexander had already executed people for plotting to kill him twice ... and that "three time's the charm" saying is indeed quite old ... in fact, the Greek equivalent of the saying literally means "the third time is the poisonous one" and contains no mention of any charms ;p > I keep saying it: Humility is a good thing, it's just overrated because it's a desirable personality trait in general. well, ok, I think that we can agree on that and slightly disagree on the overrated part ... :) It was a very nice discussion indeed. Thank you for your time :)
: >so go ahead and hire the arrogant pricks ... much good they will do to bring "wins" ... you might be even "tired of winning" by the end hahahah :p You seemed to have missed the part where I said I'd take an arrogant prick **that produces wins**. That's the key. Forg1ven has never produced any real success. Why would I want to put up with someone that's going to be a jerk if I don't get results?
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=EzEWrMMW,comment-id=001e00000000000000000002,timestamp=2017-10-15T19:35:04.285+0000) > > You seemed to have missed the part where I said I'd take an arrogant prick **that produces wins**. and how do you know that they produce wins in the first place .?. Someone has to give them chances when they have not won yet ... > That's the key. Forg1ven has never produced any real success. Why would I want to put up with someone that's going to be a jerk if I don't get results? really .?. He went to worlds semi-final in 2016 with h2k ... not a small feat at all and he performed excellently ... **he did produce wins**, but his character sucks so the team kicked him out ... Forg1ven is actually a great example for this discussion ... unfortunately for him :/
Beifong (EUNE)
: Oh and you are very educated for writing this shit.
> [{quoted}](name=Beifong,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hoEGws1u,comment-id=000500010001,timestamp=2017-10-15T18:44:39.699+0000) > > Oh and you are very educated for writing this shit. since you appear to be the OP's friend, you are not doing him any favours by not pointing his flaws and mistakes out to him ... friends are supposed to care for one another and you are doing a great disservice to your friend by letting him believe that how he behaves is ok and that he was somehow "wronged" here ...
: Stop acting like a superior human being. You are better than no one.
> [{quoted}](name=Donut Panda,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4xK2F5cB,comment-id=000000010001000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-15T17:51:36.608+0000) > > Stop acting like a superior human being. You are better than no one. well, I never ever wished someone to die over his performance in an internet game, so guess again pal ... you can keep telling yourself that "everyone does what I did" or that "it is ok", but it is not true, sorry ...
: What is unfair here? You flamed and paid the price
> [{quoted}](name=Goddess Sentinel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hoEGws1u,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-10-15T17:44:09.428+0000) > > What is unfair here? his lack of manners ... it is unfair that he never got an education that included them :/
: > [{quoted}](name=Skouriasmenos,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4xK2F5cB,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2017-10-15T17:36:10.765+0000) > > So, basically, your argument is "I stopped robbing banks and now I am only robbing kindergartens, why are the police put me in jail, I am a better person now" > > I mean, really .?. :/ It's more like I stopped robbing banks and start stealing rocks from my own backyard
> [{quoted}](name=Donut Panda,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4xK2F5cB,comment-id=0000000100010000,timestamp=2017-10-15T17:39:27.870+0000) > > It's more like I stopped robbing banks and start stealing rocks from my own backyard you'd wish ... behaving as you did is unacceptable and you would have gotten a permaban eventually, even for those things you consider "ok" ... > I should really start focusing on real life, studying and hangin out with friends. And it's really sad becouse I never did 1 of those 3 things. Let us hope that you will treat RL friends better ...
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4xK2F5cB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-15T16:02:52.723+0000) > > You were not instantly perma-banned -- you were escalated to a 14-day ban for telling another player to self-harm (as you admitted), and told that was your final warning. This is, unfortunately, the natural progression of insulting and harassing your team after said final warning. Yes, exactly. After the 2 weeks ban I changed my mind really hard and stopped saying to other people. I stopped telling people to harm themself and I even started telling people to stop doing that becouse I readed topics that really made me cry (people losing their parent or family for suicide). I'm sure with all my spirit that I did a big jump from being really toxic to become a person that didn't really insult except little ones. Maybe is the fact that my english isn't perfect and some words that I costantly see around in games like dumbfucks or you're trash aren't really huge insults at all becouse they are so common to see.
> [{quoted}](name=Donut Panda,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4xK2F5cB,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-10-15T16:21:58.370+0000) > > Yes, exactly. After the 2 weeks ban I changed my mind really hard and stopped saying to other people. I stopped telling people to harm themself and I even started telling people to stop doing that becouse I readed topics that really made me cry (people losing their parent or family for suicide). I'm sure with all my spirit that I did a big jump from being really toxic to become a person that didn't really insult except little ones. So, basically, your argument is "I stopped robbing banks and now I am only robbing kindergartens, why are the police put me in jail, I am a better person now" I mean, really .?. :/
: KNOCKOUT ROUND POWER RANKINGS:
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Magnus,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=riPHrJ0Y,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-15T11:39:18.459+0000) > > Team WE looked incredibly strong, even coming out 1st seed in their group, but with that being said I still think that they were placed in one of the easiest groups to be placed in. Yeah the one with TSM in it :p even so, show some respect to their results and swap them with C9 on your list ... even fanboy-ism has its limits dude ...
: Abandoning a team's original strategy and completely adopting a new one isn't actually adapting, if anything it's the exact opposite. If by adapting you mean throwing away everything for something different, than yes they 'adapted'. Anyways, moving on from that big bulk of bullshit, my pick-ems actually turned out rather nice. 33 points, could've been better but then again so could have NA in week 2. http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/4/user/4320624/my-picks
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Magnus,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=wOWcg2Xo,comment-id=001200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-15T11:11:45.130+0000) > > Abandoning a team's original strategy and completely adopting a new one isn't actually adapting, if anything it's the exact opposite. If by adapting you mean throwing away everything for something different, than yes they 'adapted'. Yes, that is one form of adaptation, by definition ... as in many competitions and team games, a team cannot only have ONE strategy, so you adapt with each game and use whichever strategy is better depending on the case and the opponent. If all your old strategies are not cutting it, you either adapt and utterly change them or you lose.
YambrinZ (NA)
: 1- No franchising. This leads to a "win now" mentality, with no care for "building" a player or team. 2-Esports takes mental skill more than physical skill. This is why you will never see a pro player in their 30's....younger peopls brains work faster. Also in regular sports, their physical size is a factor. You dont just find a 7'2 human to be your basketball center, working at the 7-11 down the street 3-AGE. Because of #2 above, mmost players are young and their egos get in the way...see"Dardoch" for a prime example. In regular sports, young players are ALWAYS surrounded by older peers who keep them in line.
> [{quoted}](name=Sun Zero,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=j2NHboMY,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-10-15T10:25:57.407+0000) > > 3-AGE. Because of #2 above, mmost players are young and their egos get in the way...see"Dardoch" for a prime example. **In regular sports, young players are ALWAYS surrounded by older peers who keep them in line.** This is so right ... example : http://www.espnfc.com/english-premier-league/story/3196045/alex-ferguson-let-cristiano-ronaldo-get-kicked-by-roy-keane-at-man-united "Sir Alex Ferguson's plan to toughen up Cristiano Ronaldo involving letting established players like Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand kick him in training, according to a former Manchester United coach." and no matter how angry or talented you are or how many millions you are worth, you never talk back to Roy Keane, unless you are as crazy as he is and you do not know what is good for you (Viera is excluded :p ) ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU in his autobiography he wrote for the man he tackled : "There are things I regret in my life and he's not one of them." Get Keane to train LoL teams, **NOW** :P
MysterQ (NA)
: I mean ClearLove and DoubleLift both did it this year. It isn't just that, although it may contribute. But it is more culture than anything.
> [{quoted}](name=MysterQ,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=j2NHboMY,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-10-15T10:17:29.396+0000) > > I mean ClearLove and DoubleLift both did it this year. oh and how happy their teams are now with their results/performance, eh .?. ;) it is mostly that, unfortunately ... Messi went to Argentina last summer (or the one before that) and returned to Barcelona with platinum hair and more tattoos than the average EU rapper and still got to play a great season. When do LoL players rest or let some steam out .?. **Never.** Summer has splits and preseason changes all the rules/game so you need to be in PBE like a month before and test the new stuff to stay ahead of the game. Sooner or later you implode, unless you live in a place or you have a team that is organized enough to help you with all that stuff ... that is where the culture thing comes in ...
: Don't watch ESports much, but I have a question
> [{quoted}](name=Why So Fishy,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=j2NHboMY,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-15T09:51:43.521+0000) > > Why don't ESport 'athletes' careers last a long time? IRL athletes can play for years and years barring injury, so why do some ESport players careers only last a few years? That is easy ... because LoL is not an action game, it is a strategy game with its "meta"/rules changing every 3 weeks. Brady, Messi and LeBron will be Brady, Messi and Lebron even if they go out with a slight injury for 3 months. The game, the leagues, the rules and the teams they will be returning to **are going to be the same** and their talents unaltered, even if they only did recuperation training for that time. Try stop playing league for 3 months and return to find new meta, new champions, new opponents, new teams and possibly new rules in the game. Your talent is the same, but all those factors are not, so suddenly you are behind and you have to fight and train and read and play quite a lot to get back to the top. This creates a constant struggle to keep up with that frantic pace, which few can handle for too much time.
: The first and last point you made are entirely personal issues that you would only know if you knew the players, something that I highly doubt that you do. As goes your second statement you're telling me that for the last three years the exact same problem has happened to 4 different teams from the same region, with literally thousands of people telling them the same bullshit excuses as to why they lost, and they didn't do anything to fix it? I find that incredibly hard to believe. I think that the reason why the week 2 flop is reoccurring has more to do with other teams being able to completely abandon their original strategies and make up a whole new one in the span of a week. That's what really is plaguing NA, it has nothing to do with adapting, emotions, or mindset, it has everything to do with the fact that NA teams run the same strategy every week hoping that their flaws will eventually go away through better play just to be surprised by new things other regions throw at them. And that's what I have to say aboot that mkay. #Tryharder
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Magnus,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=wOWcg2Xo,comment-id=0012000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-14T23:08:00.515+0000) > > The first and last point you made are entirely personal issues that you would only know if you knew the players, something that I highly doubt that you do. If I see someone crying, do I need to know them to know that they are upset .?. Of course not ... You can actually understand what people think/do and how they react in particular situations and extrapolate their characteristics out of what you observe ... try it one day, it is useful :) > As goes your second statement you're telling me that for the last three years the exact same problem has happened to 4 different teams from the same region, with literally thousands of people telling them the same bullshit excuses as to why they lost, and they didn't do anything to fix it? I find that incredibly hard to believe. Is it so hard to believe your own eyes .?. You, yourself said that it actually happened ... you can enter a state of denial if you like, but hey, that is not really my problem ... > I think that the reason why the week 2 flop is reoccurring has more to do with other teams being able to completely abandon their original strategies and make up a whole new one in the span of a week. which is exactly what I said and you disagreed with :p you just didn't use the word "adapt" ...
: >a humble person usually improves because he knows that there is no such thing as "being the best" But there is such a thing as "being the best". Perfection rarely occurs, but there is almost always someone or something that is the best. And humility is not the driving force behind someone wanting to achieve success and improve. > a humble person usually stays focused on the tasks he undertakes ... Focus on a task has nothing to do with humility. >a humble person rarely clashes with the other people on your team, because is ego is not inflated Conflict does not come solely from an inflated ego. Nor is conflict always a bad thing within an organization. I've worked well with many arrogant people that I've personally dislike, because while we argued and disagreed, we were professional and worked together to succeed. >a humble person is more likely to understand priorities, aims and goals ... they usually work methodically and never aim at the stars, even if they do eventually get there Again, this has NOTHING to do with humility. And if you aren't setting your goals high, you will rarely fail, but you will never achieve greatness. A person that is willing to accept mediocrity is the exact sort of person I don't want in any organization I'm part of. >a humble person has the mentality of "I will try my best" and will indeed do so, but they will not go "this is our year, we are the best, we will not fail" and lose to a 0-5 team :p I want the people in my organization to believe they are going to succeed. Why would I ever want someone that goes, "We're going to be completely acceptable, but not great this year?" If you don't think you're the best, you never will be. Do you really think TSM would do better if they went, "Well, we weren't the worst team at Worlds this year, and that's okay."? >They can handle defeat, they are familiar with the concept of being bested or outsmarted, so when a crisis comes, a humble person will still be there trying their best, while a person with the "I am the best" mentality will CRUMBLE when he is faced with the fact that he is not nearly as good as he thought/believed. Again, not a matter of humility. It's a matter of a personal resolve and fortitude. Are there arrogant people that fall apart in the face of failure? Sure. But there are those that are driven by loss and failure, because they do believe they are better, and refuse to accept any less than being the best. There are plenty of people that are humble, that crumble in the face of adversity as well. >... if you do not know that, then you are probably not the best where it really counts Listen, I'm not saying arrogance makes for a good person. I'm not saying humility isn't a good thing. There are advantages to being humble. A big one is that people generally dislike arrogance. After all, no one likes being reminded that aren't as good as someone else. But sports and business aren't a popularity contest. The most beloved people don't automatically succeed. And if my goal is to win, that's the priority; Not making sure people like me when I do so, or cheer when I don't. There are positives to humility. And being completely devoid of it isn't good. Like I said, ego-maniacs that can't see beyond themselves are generally a problem. But being the best requires a certain level of arrogance as well, and I find that people vastly overvalue humility. If every member of TSM echoed Bjergson's comments, would it have changed anything? Would it get them into the top 8? More so, has Bjergson's humility gotten him out of groups? Of course not. You really want to tell me there aren't going to be any arrogant players playing next week? We've seen arrogant people succeed. So why is their arrogance not an issue, while TSM's is? Does TSM struggle because they are arrogant, or do they struggle because of greater issues and their arrogance just makes them unlikable, and foolish looking when they are found to be lacking?
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=EzEWrMMW,comment-id=001e00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-14T23:19:55.168+0000) > > But there is such a thing as "being the best". Perfection rarely occurs, but there is almost always someone or something that is the best. yes, it does, but that proclamation is done BY YOUR PEERS, NOT YOU. Have you ever heard Ayrton Senna proclaim that he is "the best" .?. I haven't. But most of the racing drivers of his era acknowledged that fact after he dies ... even Schumacher (the epitome of EGO at that time) , when asked, said "Senna was the best". And there is the difference ... Senna probably knew he was the best too, but he didn't waste his time in idle boasting, but focused on KEEP BEING the best, in the next race as well . > And humility is not the driving force behind someone wanting to achieve success and improve. Not necessarily, indeed ... sometimes a total egopath gets to be the best, but those people rarely stay the best for long. It is like a chart ... a humble person is more likely to slowly climb to the top and stay there or near there. an person with a huge ego is more likely to climb fast to the top, but they usually fall fast as well. There is no guaranteed way to get anywhere, there is always a trade off :) > Focus on a task has nothing to do with humility. Of course it does ... even normal people like me fall into that trap ... "oohhh that exercise/project that I have to do, by the end of the week. I am so good at this topic, I can do it in a couple of days, let us go out drinking guys" the days pass, you didn't work on the project thinking that "you have it" and it is "gg ez" and when you do finally come around to work on it, with two days only on your deadline, you realize it is harder that you thought and that you cannot make it in time. **has this or something similar happened to most of us, even if we are not particularly proud of our skills .?.** I think yes ... but trully humble people are plagued with the foresight of "hey maybe I should be careful" and work first, finish the task first and go to drinks afterwards ;) > Conflict does not come solely from an inflated ego. Sure, but it is a large factor. > Nor is conflict always a bad thing within an organization. I've worked well with many arrogant people that I've personally dislike, because while we argued and disagreed, we were professional and worked together to succeed. Sometimes it works that way ... most of the times people and companies split ... > Again, this has NOTHING to do with humility. And if you aren't setting your goals high, you will rarely fail, but you will **never** achieve greatness. A person that is willing to accept mediocrity is the exact sort of person I don't want in any organization I'm part of. Oh, "never" is a tough word to use there ... Wasn't Sun Tzu humble .?. Have you read his book .?. There is not a single word of bragging within it. Was there a better general than him at the time .?. No. Wasn't Alexander the Great humble when he conquered half the known world .?. **At the time he managed it, yes.** When was his downfall and when did his army stop and made a mutiny .?. When he stopped being humble and made himself a God-king, like a Persian. etc, etc, etc ... the examples are, indeed, endless ... > I want the people in my organization to believe they are going to succeed. Why would I ever want someone that goes, "We're going to be completely acceptable, but not great this year?" You confuse "humility" with pessimism or even nihilism, if you ask me. > If you don't think you're the best, you never will be. Do you really think TSM would do better if they went, "Well, we weren't the worst team at Worlds this year, and that's okay."? Well, there is the trick ... if you THINK you are the best, you will most probably stop working to stay the best. if you WANT to be the best and acknowledge the worth of your opponents, then you will strive again and again to become best and stay the best. simple mentality actually ... > There are plenty of people that are humble, that crumble in the face of adversity as well. Of course there are ... there are a few examples of everything to go around ... the point is which is more common ... a humble person that is accustomed to strife and defeat, or an arrogant person that doesn't even believe in his own fallibility anymore :p > But sports and business aren't a popularity contest. The most beloved people don't automatically succeed. And if my goal is to win, that's the priority; Not making sure people like me when I do so, or cheer when I don't. No, but when they do succeed, the humble ones are the ones that are the most successful and beloved ... let us go back to that F1 example ... when Senna died, a three day period of mourning was declared in the whole of Brasil ... people are still emotional, decades after his death, about him and he is a legend. when Schumacher had his accident and he is still in bad health .?. It was huge news for some days, due to the nature of the accident and him being famous and now .?. Few really care. He won 4 world championships MORE than Senna and the difference in their legacy is extraordinary. > If every member of TSM echoed Bjergson's comments, would it have changed anything? Maybe ... they haven't tried that yet :p Meanwhile Faker after 3 worlds in a row could have gone out and be like "why are they even trying", but he isn't ... and he is still on top ... > You really want to tell me there aren't going to be any arrogant players playing next week? Of course there are ... I just said that in the long run, the humble ones are the ones that will win more worlds, will get better positions, will stay on top for longer and we will remember with fondness ... ;)
: Even though they lost, C9 put up a better fight than most if not all western teams
They did play better than expected, but could everyone finally understand that LoL is a STRATEGY GAME and not "action" ... as long as western teams and players and the playerbase cannot grasp that fact, they will never get that world cup ...
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Skouriasmenos,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0WfqW4ME,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-10-14T21:59:20.580+0000) > > I have actually done that and I did receive physical rewards ... a nice, rare teemo statue, some seasons ago ... ;p Serious? Nice!
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0WfqW4ME,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-10-14T22:20:14.947+0000) > > Serious? Nice! yup ... back in the day Riot sent to some players this statue and a card signed by Riot's CEO and a small image of your favorite champion for "outstanding services in the community", but noone ever found out why they got it specifically :( (I asked, they wouldn't clarify) here is an image from google: https://d2npbuaakacvlz.cloudfront.net/images/uploaded/large-present/2013/6/20/i-got-a-league-of-legends-teemo-statue-1371796781.jpg mine is still in the box :p
: What benefits does it bring exactly? This is the thing about people that do things at an ultra-high level: They know they are good at what they do. It's tough to walk around knowing you are actually better than most people, and then act like you aren't. And you don't get much out of pretending you aren't. I'm not saying humility is a bad thing, but it is overrated. And there are different levels of humility. A person needs to be humble enough to work within an organization, and accept the role they have to play; You can't have an ego-maniac that wants to make everything about themselves at the expense of the organizations success. And you can't be so arrogant as to assume you are without fault. But if you clearly are better than the people you're competing with, why should you not act like you are? Honestly if I'm running an organization who's goal is to win, I'll take an arrogant prick that produces wins over the less talented humble player.
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=EzEWrMMW,comment-id=001e000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-14T21:37:47.758+0000) > > What benefits does it bring exactly? the following **are but a sample** : - a humble person usually improves because he knows that there is no such thing as "being the best" - a humble person usually stays focused on the tasks he undertakes ... - a humble person rarely clashes with the other people on your team, because is ego is not inflated - a humble person is more likely to understand priorities, aims and goals ... they usually work methodically and never aim at the stars, even if they do eventually get there - a humble person has the mentality of "I will try my best" and will indeed do so, but they will not go "this is our year, we are the best, we will not fail" and lose to a 0-5 team :p there are more, **but you know what is the top quality of a humble person .?. ** They can handle defeat, they are familiar with the concept of being bested or outsmarted, so when a crisis comes, a humble person will still be there trying their best, while a person with the "I am the best" mentality will CRUMBLE when he is faced with the fact that he is not nearly as good as he thought/believed. > This is the thing about people that do things at an ultra-high level: They know they are good at what they do. It's tough to walk around knowing you are actually better than most people, and then act like you aren't. And you don't get much out of pretending you aren't. whoever said anything about "pretending" .?. honest humility is not the same as the fake thing ... nothing genuine is the same as its fake counterpart, dude :p > But if you clearly are better than the people you're competing with, why should you not act like you are? Because if you are so much better, you should have learned in life that rubbing that fact in other people's faces is something that is NOT in your interest ... if you do not know that, then you are probably not the best where it really counts and life will soon serve you some nice surprizes ... > Honestly if I'm running an organization who's goal is to win, I'll take an arrogant prick that produces wins over the less talented humble player. by all means, you could do that, but it is rarely the correct tactic ... it seems like it is working because the "arrogant pricks" are the most vocal about their "success", but it is not really that effective ... the empty buckets just rattle the most ... **edit:** for example, to keep this LoL themed ... what good was Forg1ven's arrogance to him .?. It only graced him with an impossible to work with character and made every team in Europe that ever signed him on, to deeply regret it ... was he good in the Rift .?. Sure. One of the best in Europe, back then .?. Definitely. Was he arrogant and thought that everyone else played worse than him in the team .?. most certainly. that is why he always ended up losing his spot either by punishments or by simply being kicked out and replaced by a less skilled ADC player, but a player that could actually interact with the team and follow plans and orders ... at one point he posted - in Greek - that his PRO teammates were like "sack of potatoes" waiting to be carried by him ... at another instance when he was "traded" with another team he made snide remarks - again in Greek - that the team sold him in order to buy a washing machine for the team-house. so go ahead and hire the arrogant pricks ... much good they will do to bring "wins" ... you might be even "tired of winning" by the end hahahah :p
Raigarak (NA)
: Riot should give 'Physical Rewards' to players who've played at least 100 games per season since S1
> [{quoted}](name=Raigarak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0WfqW4ME,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-14T21:54:15.686+0000) > > Veteran Achievements- > * You haven't ever been perm-banned 7 years straight (You can control your toxicity for 7 years to the point where you don't get permed). I have actually done that and I did receive physical rewards ... a nice, rare teemo statue, some seasons ago ... ;p
Show more

Skouriasmenos

Level 48 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion