Barkley (NA)
: Reeeeeallllllyyyy feeling Trackers Knife's absence.
: Add some kind of "Heavy" effect to reduce or eliminate knockup duration.
Haha, would love that. Maybe the heavy effect can give you half the knockup duration, but afterwards you are slowed for the remaining duration? That way you can still dash away or use abilities, but it won't make it feel like knockups don't matter at all. Being heavy should make you slow after all.
: How to face a brand bot lane as an enchanter or a tank support?
Rush {{item:3190}} Play passive until you got level 6 or locket. Use everything you have. Ignite is a must.
Onotori (NA)
: What is the point of a skillshot?
That must be why nobody plays Ezreal in LCK \sarcasm
nm1010 (NA)
: It has a cool down? Pretty sure you just get 4% of your missing health for the next 10 seconds whenever you take damage (new damage refreshes this, just like doran's shield). That is why it is actually dumb against some poking champions, every time they poke you get free healing (bonus points if you took d shield and revitalize). Mix in bone plating and you might as well be invincible in lane (defensively at least).
> [{quoted}](name=nm1010,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IELE9yEN,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-25T05:59:53.333+0000) > > It has a cool down? Pretty sure you just get 4% of your missing health for the next 10 seconds whenever you take damage (new damage refreshes this, just like doran's shield). That is why it is actually dumb against some poking champions, every time they poke you get free healing (bonus points if you took d shield and revitalize). Mix in bone plating and you might as well be invincible in lane (defensively at least). Why take the damage at all? The defensive runes will simply block the same amount of damage done to you. Second wind is simply useless. If it gave you like 5% movement speed, that would be better.
Bârd (NA)
: When we mute people, it means we don't want to hear from them, period.
Yeah, I don't get why we can't mute in champ select and endgame screen. Guess it has something to do with client vs game, but still. It should easily be transferrable.
: talisman of ascension
And I'm still here pouting about Heart of Gold removal.
tieger05 (OCE)
: Healthy Winrate ≠ Healthy Champion
I wouldn't mind a Diana rework that brought her more into the jungle role to be honest.
Rioter Comments
: what the hell are those elder dragon buffs
That's the point. There is never supposed to be a second elder drake. If there is, it should be strong enough to be a game ender. As the losing team, you used up all your chances to make a comeback, and now big daddy's coming to get ya. Oooor... You can actually care about dragon objectives, and then steal 2nd Elder lategame to make the biggest comeback of your career.
F1SHEYES (NA)
: "Daughter of the Void"
Or something else that is funny {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Barrrl (EUW)
: I think you went a little overboard with the inc. GP nervs
Look in the LCS. He almost always gets fed when he is played.
: Is supporting someone to intentionally feed/grief bannable?
Of course it's reportable. However, the system may not catch on to it. I'd write a ticket in that circumstance.
: What are your guys's thoughts on infinitely stacking champions?
I'm abusing Cho right now in the jungle. It's ridiculous how easy it is to get back into a game where you get invaded on your redbuff and killed. All you have to do is farm, farm, farm, and before you know it, you're 2 levels ahead and have 4k health more than the enemy tank jungler. Oh, and I abuse a build that often looks like this: {{item:1401}} {{item:3117}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3800}} {{item:3742}} {{item:3143}} It's so broken I can't even explain it. He can duel a master yi at any point in the game. I switch out mobis for defensive boots in the lategame if I need to. Mobis are too good for getting to where you need to be, not to mention just running straight past a ward and not even care, because your ganks are so strong. Most of the time, I end my games with 10 stacks of my ultimate, or 13-14 if I got really, really fed.
Hayaishi (NA)
: tbh no part of her kit says marksman.
> [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6tEKR8EL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-20T17:24:53.607+0000) > > tbh no part of her kit says marksman. Well, her attack speed steroid, AD steroid and lots of damage on consistent auto-attacking would beg to differ.
Rioter Comments
: Having trouble understanding when should i be aggressive and when i should just play it safe (ADC)
In my experience, unless you are grouping for a fast push and clear objective, don't group. The biggest problem in silver is people expect you to group mid after 20 minutes and just aram rest of the game. Don't. Just take all the minions from sidelanes, then show up to actual teamfights around barons or on the defensive side of a turret war with 2 items more than enemy ADC, and own them all. Or if you're Caitlyn, go for offensive turret war because Caitlyn siege is busted. If you're not with the team, and keep pinging them back in a respectful way (no spam pinging or question mark pings), they are less likely to spend the rest of the game making stupid plays. The only time you should group as 5, is right before a big objective like a tower, baron, drake or when you all have full items and sidelanes are in your favor. Also, in laning phase, if another lane is carrying hard, let them spread that feed to your lane, meaning you play super passive unless they are there with you. There is no reason to take risks if your team is ahead. Slowly and safely escalate your lead by pushing them out of their own jungle, take their camps, their buffs, and establish vision control. Only take towers if you know the enemy team has no answer. Get baron, and safely push up the lane that either ends the game, or take the lane that has the most exposed turret/inhibitor objective (meaning the outer turrets). Taking the outer turrets give you even more map control to siege their base (and be able to roam around their inhib turrets and escape through any lane). Summed up: Take risks if your team is behind, but never take risks if your team is neutral or ahead. Slow and steady wins the race, but remember to also be steady. A minute of not escalating your lead is a minute where the enemy team is winning back the game. {{item:3087}} is a good item to get early to mid, because it clears wave faster, which means in those games where your allies are all playing aram, you can quickly push out one sidelane, and then roam to the other side to clear that one too. The faster you can kill minions, the more minions you will get. Don't take my word for it, I got coached by LS and Neace, which you can look up yourself. Good luck.
: If you had to live with any champion from LoL...
Well, considering just about every other character is a homocidal maniac, I would say Garen. He has a safe home and looks like a cool dude with the Johnny Bravo chicken dance. Also, even if I would want to bang a lot of the other chicks in League's pool, I wouldn't want to live with most of them.
: Unpopular Opinion: "Unpopular Opinion" threads just express an opinion shared by the majority
Sanngriðr (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Spearlon,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eAi1Fd4f,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-19T00:35:12.491+0000) > > Power allocation. He's super weak early. Anyone who doesn't know how to punish scaling champions early, shouldn't be complaining about balance. He isnt weak early.
> [{quoted}](name=silver 5 btw,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eAi1Fd4f,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-19T00:43:51.975+0000) > > He isnt weak early. He is. You're just too weak of a player to recognize it.
: Nerf this stupid ass champion
Power allocation. He's super weak early. Anyone who doesn't know how to punish scaling champions early, shouldn't be complaining about balance.
Rioter Comments
ExpStealer (EUNE)
: [Champion Concept] Umbra, the Possessed Explorer
Don't get me wrong, it could be a champion one day. It's just not the kind of champions I like. Good luck though. Upvoted for visibility.
TPMJ M (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=TPMJ M,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XAsqXhyM,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-02-14T15:20:29.867+0000) > > Im sorry if u got a hard time reading, not my fault u got reading comprehension issues. > > If u think the balance team needs to work around LCS, u are part of the problem. They do, nobody said they need to. Keep your personal anger issues out of the forums.
TPMJ M (EUW)
: Playing mid is SO boring lately.
I'm sorry, Malzahar is a support champion? Due to his ult, or what? And who said Bard mid was ever a good idea? Heard of Zed? Yasuo? Katarina? Veigar? Cassiopeia? Ryze? So many good mid picks, not our fault you can't play them. Watch LCS, learn the reason for balancing.
Rioter Comments
: Idk it sounds weird, but probably I wouldn't care. As long as you still participate in teamfights and don't afk farm. It is a lot about phrasing it you know. What you may say here is not necessary interpreted right by reasonable person.
> [{quoted}](name=ScoundrelRuffian,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ir3OdrFb,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-02-13T19:11:13.235+0000) > > Idk it sounds weird, but probably I wouldn't care. As long as you still participate in teamfights and don't afk farm. > It is a lot about phrasing it you know. What you may say here is not necessary interpreted right by reasonable person. Well, I am present enough to decide which fights I want and which fights are bronze aram matches.
Kantala (NA)
: You don't really watch it while playing, it's more of enjoyment of the background noise to keep your mind off of chat.
> [{quoted}](name=Kantala,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ir3OdrFb,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-02-13T18:06:45.301+0000) > > You don't really watch it while playing, it's more of enjoyment of the background noise to keep your mind off of chat. Yeah, exactly. I glance at it from time to time, but I keep playing. I'm not NPAing.
: How do you watch netflix while playing?
> [{quoted}](name=Friendly Ram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ir3OdrFb,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-13T18:04:19.614+0000) > > How do you watch netflix while playing? On my laptop. It's next to my computer screen on my desk.
Kantala (NA)
: Well, whilst I would definitely pick something else to watch, I would most certainly do the same thing without announcing it like Jo0o mentioned.
> [{quoted}](name=Kantala,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ir3OdrFb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-13T17:30:24.426+0000) > > Well, whilst I would definitely pick something else to watch, I would most certainly do the same thing without announcing it like Jo0o mentioned. Trust me, I have better shows to watch. I just want to pay attention when it's the good ones.
Jo0o (NA)
: All I can think of is that your mention of "Netflix" does kind of sound like you're going AFK, and depending on how the game proceeds from there, you might seem like you're actively trolling. Keep in mind that "AFK farming" is punishable, and if you happened to immediately get cheesed a few times by the other team, you could appear to be intentionally feeding in retribution. I think the better solution would be to do what you need to do to un-tilt, such as tossing Friends on and playing more passively, just without announcing it in chat.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ir3OdrFb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-13T16:53:27.078+0000) > > All I can think of is that your mention of "Netflix" does kind of sound like you're going AFK, and depending on how the game proceeds from there, you might seem like you're actively trolling. Keep in mind that "AFK farming" is punishable, and if you happened to immediately get cheesed a few times by the other team, you could appear to be intentionally feeding in retribution. > > I think the better solution would be to do what you need to do to un-tilt, such as tossing Friends on and playing more passively, just without announcing it in chat. Alright, thanks for the input. I will try that a couple of games
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: "I'd rather have a toxic teammate than a bad one"
Mute them, and it becomes a question of whether you want to play with someone playing well or someone playing bad. Pretty obvious choice.
Ghazter (NA)
: Not going to lie, I would like to see if you're right. Also, that was a terrible analogy. Neighborhood watch is pretty much useless if you take all the guns away, a murderer is still gonna murder you, but you might catch him faster. If you have guns, there's a higher chance you will kill or severely injure the murderer, but on the off chance you don't, he probably won't get caught. They're both pretty bad options imo comparatively. Best to have guns and a watch. That doesn't do anything to the argument, just saying. I guess it might stand to say that trolls will be trolls, and giving free dodges isn't as effective as just removing trolls. I think a lot more people would use free dodges when someone bans their champ vs dodging because of a troll or bad team. I don't know anybody that is actually bothered by the wait time for a dodge, but I'm sure tons of people would be happy to dodge for free when their Yasuo gets banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Ghazter,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IXQOKPg0,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-29T06:10:37.748+0000) > > Not going to lie, I would like to see if you're right. > > Also, that was a terrible analogy. Neighborhood watch is pretty much useless if you take all the guns away, a murderer is still gonna murder you, but you might catch him faster. If you have guns, there's a higher chance you will kill or severely injure the murderer, but on the off chance you don't, he probably won't get caught. They're both pretty bad options imo comparatively. Best to have guns and a watch. > That doesn't do anything to the argument, just saying. > > I guess it might stand to say that trolls will be trolls, and giving free dodges isn't as effective as just removing trolls. I think a lot more people would use free dodges when someone bans their champ vs dodging because of a troll or bad team. > > I don't know anybody that is actually bothered by the wait time for a dodge, but I'm sure tons of people would be happy to dodge for free when their Yasuo gets banned. Which would be their right. As it is now. Riot doesn't ban people for dodging, even if technically they're wasting someone's time, for good reason. There's a good purpose to dodging, and people are using it to climb. Maining one champion is one of the reasons people dodge, and that won't change, and will not be "fixed" by Riot in any way. The only thing we can do is make sure that when people want to dodge, that they really are certain that they want to dodge. Perhaps we could increase the penalty for dodging without tokens, but only if dodging just increases after the change. In any case, if it works, and it lowers dodge rate overall while keeping the bad games from happening, everyone will be happier about it. You'll get into each and every game knowing you can win it, and people will actually have to think about dodging before they do it. In the long run, you will save time and get better games. Also, remember that when someone dodges, the queue leaves and then picks up one more player and then immediately sends you back to champion select. At most, you're looking at maybe 5-10 seconds of sitting in queue extra, and then going through another champ select. However, sometimes that player who will be picked up because someone dodged will be you, saving you considerable time in queue.
Ratpie (NA)
: If it was just your time that you were dealing with I would say for sure. You are involved with 9 other people that you are wasting their time.
> [{quoted}](name=Ratpie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IXQOKPg0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-29T06:11:46.420+0000) > > If it was just your time that you were dealing with I would say for sure. You are involved with 9 other people that you are wasting their time. All who have the chance to dodge just as much as you do. And did you even hear about what I said about "less dodging overall"?
Draehl (NA)
: I'd go the opposite and just penalize dodgers more. It already takes too long to get a game started with people not accepting the queue, waiting for the last moment to lock in(especially in draft), or dodging if they don't like the comp. Just play the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Draehl,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IXQOKPg0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-29T05:37:39.418+0000) > > I'd go the opposite and just penalize dodgers more. It already takes too long to get a game started with people not accepting the queue, waiting for the last moment to lock in(especially in draft), or dodging if they don't like the comp. Just play the game. So you're saying that you don't want people to dodge at all? Imagine sitting there in your chair and knowing the game is lost before it even begins. Do you really want to spend 30 minutes or more of your time in a game you know you're going to lose? That's what I call timewaste, not the mere 1-2 minutes it takes to go through another queue if someone dodges. It will leave you two games behind of where you should be if you could've just dodged and requeued at no cost. What I'm trying to do here is increase the dodge rate of bad, skewed games that should never happen in ranked, and decrease the rate of dodging when everyone on both teams are happy. Overall, I think the dodge rate will go down because people will value a dodge token more than they will value 3LP and 6 minutes (even if you double or tripple it, it's still only 9LP and 18 minutes, people will just find something else to do, and never stop dodging. That is, unless you lose MMR, which will not happen, because it will screw with Riot's entire skill based system).
Ghazter (NA)
: The point still stands that if you dodge you're wasting someone's time. Dodging for trolls is your decision as well, and while you might not deserve to be punished for that, you did still leave a game.
> [{quoted}](name=Ghazter,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IXQOKPg0,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-29T05:26:05.753+0000) > > The point still stands that if you dodge you're wasting someone's time. Dodging for trolls is your decision as well, and while you might not deserve to be punished for that, you did still leave a game. See, the point I'm trying to make here is that people will dodge less, because they will want to save their dodges for when everyone on their team is hopeless and/or trolling. So basically, it's the age old argument of principle vs functionality. You think people should be punished for leaving once or twice hopeless games. I think systems should be put in place so people will not want to dodge unless the situation is dire, and then get rewarded for doing so. Lets have an analogy. You think people should have a gun in their house just in case. I think less overall deaths and serious injuries and or/property damage will happen if we put in a neighbourhood watch system instead. Now, that doesn't mean that a burglary cannot go wrong and people can't get hurt, seeing as you don't have a gun to defend your home. However, statistics show that the less resistance you put up, the less likely it is, first of all for robberies to happen, and secondly for them to go very wrong. Think of my system as a combined neighbourhood watch and insurance system, that will leave you with little to no personal loss to health or property. Wouldn't you say that works better than a system where people just say "well hell, if people break in, you should just shoot them". Please don't get lost in the analogy. The point is that if something works better, but doesn't "satisfy" people who want others to get penalized for leaving the game before it starts (leaving them personally with nothing lost but time), then who should we take into consideration? I don't care what other people's ranks are. I want them to dodge less the good games I am in, and dodge more the bad games, and I think that will in fact happen, given the nature of the dodge tokens as something valuable that you want to use strategically if you want to climb.
Ghazter (NA)
: As long as the dodge penalty stays at 5 minutes, and doesn't increase (like leaverbusters), I think the current dodge system is fine. Trolls will be trolls no matter what system, and 5 minutes really isn't that long.
> [{quoted}](name=Ghazter,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IXQOKPg0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-29T05:01:17.823+0000) > > As long as the dodge penalty stays at 5 minutes, and doesn't increase (like leaverbusters), I think the current dodge system is fine. Trolls will be trolls no matter what system, and 5 minutes really isn't that long. 6 minutes, and I agree. It's not long. But why pay the price when you can just not? It will be a way smoother experience for every serious League gamer, and I stand firm on my position that it will overall lead to less dodging, due to dodge tokens being more valuable than 3LP and a little time. However, I too think the new system is "fine". It's just not ideal. Streams will be more fun too, seeing as there will be less 30 minutes waiting periods and less horrible, unwinnable games. See, I'm trying to raise the bar, not create one.
Rioter Comments

Spearlon

Level 48 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion