: The few people in the comments talking about how Riot is incompetent for not having predicted bugs to happen, are the same people who don't understand how updating a game, changing code, and how bugs spring up in the first place work.
Antoonaras (EUNE)
: [BUG] annie's passive is bugged and it's always full stacked 17-07-2019
Yenn (NA)
: My lane is 3-0-0 at level 6. I'm being 100 to 0'd in a single combo. I can't play the game.
So I bet you kept building your regular build ? Next time start with a tank item if your ennemy assassin is ahead, shove lane and outscale her.
: If you cannot queue up as a duo, you should not be in the same game
So if I dodge all my promos games I should be able to crush iron players forever ? Stop looking at ranks they do not mean ANYTHING. MMR Rules.
: Just League of Legends Pathing Stuffz
: Let’s look at why tanks are currently not of high value
Maokai, Orm, Ivern, Tahm Kench, Shen, Rammus, Amumu are doing fine in terms of winrates. Tahm and rammus were even way overpowered recently. So I dont understand what you are talking about. I think it's more about percieved value of tanks rather than actual value. You fed kaz will OS 3 squishies in a teamfight and you'll be like 'omg he hard carried'. Your tank making a perfect ult, blocking the cc and locking the threat so your kaz can freely assasinate everyone on the ennemy team was still absolutely necessary for the former to happen.
: Quoted from the patch notes >applying #cleannumbers to some base stats (less for the minimal balance impact, more because weird decimals are unsightly). They also did it with Tristana this patch
So you mean it's a global adc nerf ? When botlane is already full of mages ? Riot please.
: jungle plants showing on screen when they arent there
Got the same bug, it's only since a few patches.
Lemexis (EUW)
: Yeah I've read people say that it's way easier to salvage a game in low elo than in high elo, and that actually in high elo it's almost impossible because people just do little to no mistakes. And yeah it could probably teach me a bit, but to be honest I don't have too much time to play during the week so I prefer fun games, and I just don't have fun playing from behind. It's just a subjective thing. And if people don't want to surrender I still play these games to the very end anyway, I don't leave or go afk, so it doesn't change much I guess.
> [{quoted}](name=Lemexis,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BgucT2JG,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-09T15:14:55.766+0000) > > Yeah I've read people say that it's way easier to salvage a game in low elo than in high elo, and that actually in high elo it's almost impossible because people just do little to no mistakes. > > And yeah it could probably teach me a bit, but to be honest I don't have too much time to play during the week so I prefer fun games, and I just don't have fun playing from behind. It's just a subjective thing. > > And if people don't want to surrender I still play these games to the very end anyway, I don't leave or go afk, so it doesn't change much I guess. I still have some comebacks in diamond, so maybe it's not really high elo but it's still possible. Maybe in challenger/master tiers it's harder.
: Yeah if your team wanted to surrender with a vlad veigar vayne comp...they needs to find a new game lol. You're going to eventually win by existing.
You'd be surprised how many time I see a player playing a late game beast wanting to surrender because we are 5 kills down.
Lemexis (EUW)
: Yeah the "I don't want to get that guy to win" is more of a edge-case, most of the time it's just that I feel like victory is so unlikely it's not worth it. In a way I have the mentality of an investor: if an investment (a game) is going badly, I'd rather cut my losses and go for another that might be better, instead of sticking to it to the end knowing it's much more likely going to make me lose money than to make me earn money. And I want to climb but I have a more long-term approach to it. I'm still at a very low elo (Bronze 2 right now), so the priority for me is not actually winning but improving. If a game is somewhat balanced, I feel like I can have more impact, I can attempt actions, see what works, what doesn't, where I fuck up, etc... However, if the game is very one-sided, then almost no matter what I do I just get destroyed, and it's very hard to learn from that because most of the time it's not due to a mistake on your part but just on the fact that the enemy is super fed. Now sure, if you win eventually it'll be interesting to analyze why the enemy team couldn't close the game, and what made this comeback possible. But it doesn't change the fact that a minute spent in a balanced game will teach me more than a minute spent in an unbalanced game (whether it was unbalanced from the start because of the matchmaking, or because it became unbalanced due to a terrible early game). And usually I just initiate the surrender vote, but I'm not the kind of guy who spends the entire game spamming "ff" in chat, and if people don't want to surrender then I keep playing - sure, I'll probably be a little less good because my morale is down, but I still try my best to make my team wins even if I don't believe it's possible. If only because at least I'll be able to learn a few things if I keep attempting plays, as opposed to just wasting everybody's time by afk-ing or inting or whatever.
I think there's a lot to learn by playing from behind, I often see high elo players that can snowball a game when they have an edge, but seem to totaly go into hard inting mode when they are a bit behind early. As a veigar player i'm used to always play from behind and you have always ways of stalling a game, making picks for nothing exploit the errors of your opponents. Especially in bronze there's often a way to come back, trust me. So you should play every game until the very end because learning how to exploit the ennemies mistakes when you are behind is a nice skill to have.
Lemexis (EUW)
: Yeah it happens sometimes, but to be honest even victory does not feel very good because of how tedious it was to achieve it, and because sometimes your teammates are so bad and/or just toxic and so you don't want to go the extra mile to make them win.
> [{quoted}](name=Lemexis,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BgucT2JG,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T21:27:16.794+0000) > > Yeah it happens sometimes, but to be honest even victory does not feel very good because of how tedious it was to achieve it, and because sometimes your teammates are so bad and/or just toxic and so you don't want to go the extra mile to make them win. Actually It feels way better to comeback rather than crushing your opponents from minut 1. And you seem to think you are making extra miles to make you ally win, leave this mindset behind you if you want to climb, the only reason you are doing the extra miles is so YOU can win. Most of the time the idiot with this mentality just want to punish ONE wrongdoer in their team, statting that "I dont want this [INSERT CHAMPION NAME] to win the game". Guess what ? They are 3 more people in your team, and maybe they are not the best players either, but they do not deserve that you remove any chances of winning for them.
: >You seem to think you are only compeled to play if you have any left chances of winning, Incorrect, try again. >that's not the case sorry, when you queue for a game you agree to play it until it ends one way or another. Also incorrect, i am not required by ANY rule that i have to play the game out to its fullest regardless of being griefed or not. Sorry im not gonna waste my time lol
Actually yes you are required to play the game until it ends either by surrendering or losing nexus. That's why they punish people who afk.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: No ADC is building armor penetration, why is this not talked about?
Because armor pen is bough last and as games ends fast in challenger you never reach full build. Also most of the ad fighters buy black cleaver so this is enough armor penetration for the team in early game/mid game.
Xavanic (NA)
: Zed...
Zed has a clear hard counter : {{item:2419}}
Lemexis (EUW)
: Yeah I never left a game or went AFK but I'm actually contemplating doing it in this type of game. Maybe they should fine tune the system so that's past 20 minutes, only 3 people have to say yes for it to work if a certain number of criterias are met (like difference in kills over a certain threshold, same for difference in objectives, that sort of thing). And I also hate people with the "never surrender" mentality. Like, do they actually enjoy getting totally stomped without being able to do anything at all ? Do they enjoy wasting their time ?
I've won to many games in which 3 of my teammates wanted to surrender to let you ruin my games by surrendering before we can win. https://i.imgur.com/WGnsR18.png
Barkley (NA)
: Just a simple request for silver-gold junglers (and maybe higher elo ones?)
Yes and no. The problem with over fed junglers in low elo is they ends up dying 1 for 1 and call it worth because they think what is left of their team should clean up. It's not going to happen. If you decide to take all the gold available on the map as a jungler it's fine, just be aware that : - You now HAVE to carry, alone, you gathered a great power with all these kills, now comes the great responsability - Your life is worth more than one or two people on the opposing team, so go for the kill if you can take 3 out or if you can safely get out after your dive. If you are playing with such a jungler, recognize this and try to save him by all means, engage for him, follow him on his engage, he's litteraly your only chance to victory, do not let him die. I agree that sharing the kills is better, but giving a kill to your 0-10 adc worth 100 gold will just reset his bounty and do no good since the ennemy os him before he even get to land a spell or an auto. Give the kills to the deserving people.
: It's very rare that i leave my games but sometimes it extremely justified.
> [{quoted}](name=KíttyBun,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BgucT2JG,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-08T08:59:33.868+0000) > > If my conqueror nidalee with a teemo support who is 1/9 is holding the ff vote hostage. No, i wont be staying when the kills are 6 to 27. When they are all 3 levels up on us. It's a lost game and i am not gonna sit there and waste all of my time to be trolled. I refuse, sorry {{sticker:sg-lulu}} > Downvote if u want tbh idrc. You seem to think you are only compeled to play if you have any left chances of winning, that's not the case sorry, when you queue for a game you agree to play it until it ends one way or another.
: Then if they get an indicator, why do they get one?
: well its broken, you should always have a fair chance to win not it be one sided
This is the "less worse" solution.
: > [{quoted}](name=minorjack,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hffv7bT6,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-04T17:12:43.080+0000) > > For some reason I was placed Bronze 4 after the placement matches, but that is not really relevant here. > > I'm complaining that the matchmaking algorithm doesn't match me up with equally skilled players. I don't care whether I'm bronze/iron or what not. I don't think you can actually drop to Iron from Bronze, or it's suuuper difficult to, but your MMR itself will drop. So ignoring rank, your rating IS lowe. The problem is maybe .5% of the player base is actually BAD at the game. Most have learned the concept pretty well, so even low ranks have surprisingly good play. Saltyteemo stream on twitch is a perfect example, it picks the worst players in the game and still gets 1-2 irons tops in a game. You're just as low as you can get. It gives you the worst, but the worst just aren't as bad as you think. Yes, a few are, but it's a VERY few. You can see here: https://www.twitch.tv/saltyteemo It searches for the worst across all servers. So you can see the bottom end of the bottom. Also, play Garen, he stomps down there. Also, apparently Volibear has the highest Iron win rate.
> . The problem is maybe .5% of the player base is actually BAD at the game I think you meant 0,5% of the player base is good at this game.
: Mastery points and unlimited level cap has made my life hell.
Report them, the problem is not mastery points or levels, the problem is the people harassing you.
Shìv (NA)
: A fix to accidentally placing a ward immediately after a teammate in the same location
Problem would be with champions that can ward jump, if they want to reach a precise location, you, as an ally, could deny this from by placing a ward at the wrong time.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: Came back to the game after a year, holy cow
> is it that hard to implement a system where players are paired up according to their honor level, account level and mmr as opposed to only mmr? Hard ? No. Would it make the queue time insanely high for no reason ? Yes. Account level doesnt make any sens, most smurfs are low level, and I've got friends whith 50 more levels than me who are silver players. Repeat after me, level doesnt mean anything. Now the problem with honor level is : first riot does not want to create a prisoner island, they already told it multiple times, another problem is when you start or do not play a lot your honor level is low, so you'd have to play with the toxic people just because you have not up your honor level yet ? Another problem is : toxic people are more likely to report than to honor teammates, so once you are at the bottom of honor level there would be months of play before you rises again to a correct level. Doing this would also mean you aknowledge a part of your community is toxic and that you're fine with that as long as they play together, that's not the case, every toxic player should be banned. That's what they should focus their efforts on.
: What's the most evil thing you've done to win a game?
When I was playing jungler I was looking on Op.gg to see who was in losing streak or has a record of going afk/having mental breakdown when they hard lose and I used to camp them.
Zac x Me (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KX1mrOuu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-02T08:39:07.865+0000) > > Sorry but the accounts hard stuck silver with thousands of games played tell us otherwise. You have to spam the same very few champions consistently, it's all just a matter of spamming games to get up. People alternate champs way too often.
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KX1mrOuu,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-02T16:18:49.806+0000) > > You have to spam the same very few champions consistently, it's all just a matter of spamming games to get up. > People alternate champs way too often. No, you can play mindlessly and never improve, you have to do the little effort required to actually notice your mistake, notice the corrective actions you have to add to your game plan to not do these mistakes again and so slowly eliminate all your mistakes. Sure it's not 'Hard' to do, but most people dont bother doing it and thus they do not learn.
Zac x Me (NA)
: Pls, up until you hit Diamond 1 there isn't much strategy involved, it's just about spamming games and champions that work.
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KX1mrOuu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-01T21:50:19.574+0000) > > Pls, up until you hit Diamond 1 there isn't much strategy involved, it's just about spamming games and champions that work. Sorry but the accounts hard stuck silver with thousands of games played tell us otherwise.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kelg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TlEfcUsm,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T16:56:00.411+0000) > > Tanks would be worth a damn if everything didn't just tear through armor. I literally built 3 armor items as Mordekaiser and was getting assassinated by a Talon in less than 2 seconds(we were both at full build). Only time I could kill him was if I ulted. This shouldn't be happening. It shouldnt be happening because 1) it literally didnt 2) Morde isnt a tank
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TlEfcUsm,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T17:09:06.581+0000) > > It shouldnt be happening because > > 1) it literally didnt > > 2) Morde isnt a tank Plot twist : The 3 armor item he bough : {{item:1029}} {{item:1029}} {{item:1029}}
: Its really annoying that I can tell who's going to win a game 80% time just by going on OP.GG
Nea104 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Barakalicious,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PXmnufL4,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-06-25T17:07:58.448+0000) > > This thread is literally full of conspiracy theorists lmao.. the type of people who believe we never went to the moon. Your last **5** games: 21-40 45-32 31-19 27-28 43-28 1 balanced, 1 almost (say), **3 stomps**. Do you think such a terrible algorithm would ever be acceptable, for a normal company in any business field? I understand many people are not that into statistics or even well educated, but this is just about being averagely smart.
**You are confusing having a fair matchmaking and having too much snowball in a game.** Imagine LoL in 1v1, miror matchup, high damages, low survivability champion, if you kill your opponent you get 10 000 gold. Nothing else is changed. Now you find someone who has EXACTLY your talent, skill expression, your perfect double. And you decide to do a match. Matchmaking is perfectly fair, yet this game has a 99.9% chance of ending with a royal stomp, since the first kill kinda decides the outcome of the game if you are not doing terrible mistakes. So having a bad matchmaking will obviously lead to a lot of stomps in your games. But you can't conclude that, because there are a lot of stomps you have a bad matchmaking. **You are confusing Causality and Correlation**, if you truly are in the statistics field I'd advice you to study the basics again :). On another note, watching KDA is not revelant to see if this is a stomp or not, if my toplaner keeps dying, but that every 5 minuts I kill the ennemy toplaner and gets his full bounty as a jungler. I may have as much more gold than him, because he keeps killing a target worth 100 gold and i'm killing a target worth 1000 gold. That's a comeback mecanics added by riot so that if you manage to miraculously ace the ennemy team and get their bounties, you can come back from behind 7k gold behind. Or more likely if you have a good teamfight/lategame composition, and you got really fucked in the laning phase, you still can win the game in the later stages, all you have to do it just focus, keep your mental cool and pace the game. Another thing to note is that not every team composition and not every champion snowball well. I'm playing Veigar so I get LOTS of comebacks, simply because the early game is nearly always a lose on my side, because i can't help my jungler if my mid invades, I can't roam as well as my opponent, my team is basically half a player down. Now when mid/late starts and we starts getting the shutdowns the comeback is very very fast. I've seen 7k gold leads turn into being 5k gold behind in less than 5 minuts. The second your team get aced in lategame, the ennemy team gets 2.250k gold if you have 0 bounty, if you all have bounties they can get 5750 gold, rush baron for 1500 more gold, and start taking the first towers for 450 gold each. ACE a fully bountied team + Baron + 2 Towers is "just" 8150 gold. In a minut.
: I was going to complain about constantly getting 1st/2nd pick as a top laner, but then I realized
No, because league of legend is designed so the game starts when you pick and ban champions. In soloQ where people do not look or think about teamcomposition and synergy it doesnt work well, But when you are playing with a trained team in flex 5v5 or in turnaments, the draft phase is very important and is part of the game. Playing around counterplays and accepting being weak during laning phase because you will shine in teamfight or in synergy with one of your teammate later in the game is also part of the game. Also, laning phase is not the game. Go figure how to be usefull in other ways.
: Except riot was originally designed with counterplay in mind. As the 1v1 lane that gets minimal interference that's where the idea should be shining the brightest.
You can't give every champion counterplay to every single other kits a champion have.
: So champions made almost 10 to 7 years ago nice, nice. It's almost like not everything needs to be braindead simple in order to exist.
May I suggest that given your username you can't participate in an objective discussion about weither kayn's kit is overloaded or not ? If the opposite of "Braindead simple" is "getting every single asset in your kit", I agree that "Braindead simple" is the only thing that should exist in this game in order to have a fun and balanced gaming experience.
: ROFL that was years ago. Long before the mass exodus from the dumpster fire that was Runes Reforged at the same time as the rise of the battle royal genre. I'd be shocked if they had a 1/3 of that now, let alone 1/2. They haven't posted the player numbers in years, and the only reason that would not benefit them is if they were dropping. The only place they aren't bleeding players is Asia, and if you want to play on those servers, GL HF. Granted with numbers that high they can bleed two million players year and still keep the servers open for another 10 or so, but one has to wonder how much things will accelerate as wait times get longer.
League is 9 Yo, no multiplayer game has ever kept so many players for such an extended period of time ever. If the player base switch from a mainly westerners market to an asian one, it doesnt make a difference for the stakeholder as long as the asians buy as much content as we did. So yes they are doing an amazing job.
: Maybe I do know how to jungle. Maybe I just do NOT want to play jungle anymore. You assume that players are miserable playing jungle because they do not know how to do it. That isn't the case for everyone. Do you know why jungle is being filled so often? It's because former jungle mains got fed up with the balance team shitting on their role. They got sick of the balance team ignoring them completely. And because Riot wouldn't listen, the Jungle mains are effectively on strike, playing other roles while they wait for Riot to finally listen to reason and make compromises.
> Maybe I do know how to jungle. Maybe I just do NOT want to play jungle anymore. Then don't play jungle, you have a free dodge a day, use it. (3 LP is free, and it doesnt affect your mmr) Now if you are queuing in ranked, there are rules, the rules state that you can be autofilled, if you are not happy with that, just dont f*cking queue in ranked. And be glad it's not s5 anymore in which pick order determined your role. > Do you know why jungle is being filled so often? It's because former jungle mains got fed up with the balance team shitting on their role. They got sick of the balance team ignoring them completely. The jungle is way better now than it was in the lasts seasons.
stoyo8 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xNnmiJYy,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-06-26T09:17:31.177+0000) > > So, learn ? > > No seriously, you state you have a problem : > - Feeling miserable when you are autofilled jungler > > You identified the root cause of the problem > - Having no knowledge of how to jungle > > So, watch a few videos, read a tutorial, it will take you something like 1 hour of your time and you wont feel miserable for being autofilled jungler. > > I think it's worth it. > > The other solution is : > - pick a tanky jungler > - Farm a bit > - Camp your best laner and help them take every single turret > - play as a second support in teamfights (Peel + knights vow, iron solaris ..) > > Basically end the laning phase asap so you can just teamfight all game long. Imagine coming home after a long day to try out that new 4800/6300 BE champion that you have been waiting for a long time to play. You only have enough time for 1, maybe 2 games. You get autofilled jungle the first game. Sure you can just learn how to jungle, but does everyone have the time or dedication to do so? Something is wrong with jungle if people are autofilled jg more than support.
> [{quoted}](name=stoyo8,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xNnmiJYy,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-06-26T18:32:53.241+0000) > > Imagine coming home after a long day to try out that new 4800/6300 BE champion that you have been waiting for a long time to play. You only have enough time for 1, maybe 2 games. You get autofilled jungle the first game. > > Sure you can just learn how to jungle, but does everyone have the time or dedication to do so? > > Something is wrong with jungle if people are autofilled jg more than support. First, if you want to try this new champion you have been waiting for a long time to play, do not play in ranked. PLEASE. Secondly, you've got a basically free dodge a day, use it. Third : Nothing force you to play ranked, so go blind pick and play whatever role you like. The time to learn the basics of any role is about the same, if you do not want to put any time in the learning process, do not play a massively competitive multiplayer game. **Nothing is wrong if jungle is a less picked role than support, you were fine with support being the less popular role for multiple years, now it's jungle's turn, and it's totaly fine. ** I miss the old days where everyone had to at least know the basics of every role, because pick order determined your role in ranked and nothing else.
: Wow, cool, you just listed the things he has. He doesn't do everything, his entire design is that you lose out on things by choosing a form in favor of other things. He doesn't get CC if you go SA, you don't get Range without going SA, his mobility through walls is significantly less he goes Rhaast, Kayn's survivability is significantly less if he goes SA. Those 4 things he has is not him doing 'Everything'. You're just listing the aspects of his kit and trying to say that is everything, and ignoring that one of them, you don't even get if you choose the other form. Hell, his entire trade off is that Kayn is literally 3/4ths a champion early game, leaving him vulnerable for a good 10-15 minutes, 20 if you abuse the fuck out of him, and even then, Rhaast gets countered by an 800 gold item, and SA Kayn just requires you to not tab out of the game near walls. You know who has everything? Ekko. Percent Health damage, burst, two slows, a Dash and a blink on the *same ability*, a shield and CC *on the same ability*, a huge heal plus burst *On the same ability*.
Sorry i'm not comparing overloaded kits with overloaded kits. I'm comparing these kits to : Veigar, annie, Ashe, jinx ... kits :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PXmnufL4,comment-id=00080001000000010001,timestamp=2019-06-26T08:49:20.091+0000) > > Yet, as I stated, it's MORE complex than not doing it, and it would ruin the experience of the players, which is quite the opposite of the stakeholder's goal. Now to be clear, I don't actually believe they are rigging it. I just wanted to point out that it is quite doable given the ungodly amount of data riot collects from a match. However, I wouldn't be so quick to say there is no reason not to do it. If I buy a lot of cosmetics through their in-game micro transactions, it could be considered good business sense to try and keep me playing by giving me more favorable matches so I don't get frustrated and stop playing, which would mean I stop spending, which is ultimately a loss for Riot. As I said, I don't believe this to be the case but I wouldn't even be slightly surprised if 5 years from now some whistle-blower from Riot reveals that they have been rigging SoloQ for years. Never underestimate the distance large companies will go to maximize profits. Also, and this is slightly off topic, League of Legends is not addictive by accident. You can look into that one if you want. You might actually be surprised to find that some game developers actually think very deeply about what makes people addicted to games. Make no mistake, they want us playing their games for as long as possible and I don't think any method for achieving this is off the table. Food for thought. > Riot still doesnt know how to efficiently recognize intentionnal feeding, so, do not overestimate them too much. For the purposes of a rigged match making, it doesn't need to know whether it was intentional or not. If the data shows that you have a 0.19 KDA on Jax over 50 games, you can use that information to make a solid guess about how you'll perform on the 51st game with Jax. In this case, there is an extremely high chance you will feed, whether it's intentional or not, it's feeding.
> For the purposes of a rigged match making, it doesn't need to know whether it was intentional or not. If the data shows that you have a 0.19 KDA on Jax over 50 games, you can use that information to make a solid guess about how you'll perform on the 51st game with Jax. In this case, there is an extremely high chance you will feed, whether it's intentional or not, it's feeding. Sure but in this case you are probably losing again and again and again and thus getting a lower mmr, playing against worse players and ending up with a better kda. It will even out at some point unless you are really the worse jax of the whole region.
: You must be above gold, every time me and my bot lane takes tower they push to tier 2 and die lmao.
Stay near so they dont die. Or suggest them to rotate mid :)
: Unfortunately it is a lower ELO thing. The higher in ranks you go the better people get at playing their champs, and the sad truth is that a perfectly played Jax will never beat a perfectly played Akali. That's why so many pro games are: Farm for 20 mins, teamfight, baron, game over. No big plays, no interesting picks, no unique strats. A fed Akali is too much of a risk, because a perfectly played Akali can 1v5 when fed.
All the people complaining ARE low elo so it's quite ironical.
: How the fuck does Kayn have no trade offs, or 'do everything'?
Escape in the walls, dash, blink that makes you untargetable, cc.
: every game i get auto filled jungle i feel like i do two successful ganks and then have no idea what to do for 15 minutes.
Camp your best laners and take their turret. Now this/these laners will go mid/top, follow them, take the turret again. Be a second support for your best laner.
stoyo8 (NA)
: being autofilled jungle is miserable
So, learn ? No seriously, you state you have a problem : - Feeling miserable when you are autofilled jungler You identified the root cause of the problem - Having no knowledge of how to jungle So, watch a few videos, read a tutorial, it will take you something like 1 hour of your time and you wont feel miserable for being autofilled jungler. I think it's worth it. The other solution is : - pick a tanky jungler - Farm a bit - Camp your best laner and help them take every single turret - play as a second support in teamfights (Peel + knights vow, iron solaris ..) Basically end the laning phase asap so you can just teamfight all game long.
: Exactly. But all the game is better pick wins . specially in low Elo ...
This is both wrong and easy to prove wrong. You can climb quite high with ANY pick, but at the higher elos you can't anymore. So especially in low elo, your pick does not matter at all.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Why isn't the design team being held responsible for this game's state?
They are held reponsible, and that's why they are well paid. Let's summarize the state of the game : Nearly about hundred million players all over the world.
: Actually i don't doubt that there is an easy way of determining which teammates are likely to do this, just set match maker to select teammates on loss streaks, getting their of role constantly, anyone who has recieved a report in the last few games, ect ect there is data to easily get those types into game so to imply that match maker couldn't do it when it most definitely can is a little arrogant of you.
Actually while checking the history of my worst feeders I'm often surprised to notice they : - Were not offrole - Decided to first pick a new champion out of the blue - Did very well on their main the last 10 games - Their main was not pick nor ban Also as I answered to someone else, sure it's possible to match people based of the likelyhood of these behaviours, but first : - Why ? It's litteraly adding complexity in order to ruin your game - Just removing autofill made the queues way too long, I can't imagine how long the queues would be if they actually did some high level profiling before matching people together. > "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
: I'm a programmer with some database experience. I'm 100% confident that with Riot's massive data set I could, in a week, create an algorithm that favors one team over another. I don't think you realize just how much data is recorded from each and every single match played on a particular server. You just imagine any single stat, just any random stat, and they have the data on it. For example, if you wanted to know how many games you took 4 towers solo for the entire season, it can be found out. If you wanted to know how many time you died to a Yasuo that got fed 2 or more kills by bot lane, you could find out. You want to know how many times you used Annie's Q all season, you can find out. Just make any shit up and they have the data to find out. It's not that difficult with all that information to mount a team that will feed another. For example, you have several players in queue for top lane. You're a Riven one trick that tends to lose hard vs Yorick. One of the other players in queue for top has played Yorick in 85% of his top lane games which means there is a high chance that he will pick Yorick if he gets top. Further more, he has 3.1 KDA and a 58% win rate on Yorick. Now there's also a mid laner with jungle secondary in queue who has played Brand every single time he got Top the entire season. He has a 48% win rate with a feeder's KDA. He goes shit like 3-13 every time he plays Brand top. Now, if the system wants you to win, it would match you with the Brand by auto-filling him top, which means there is a high chance he will pick Brand and feed you. If they system wants you to lose, it will match you with the Yorick. All this takes is having all the necessary data on hand. It's not really that hard to program.
I'm working in development and we do a lot of data analysis and prediction algorithms for our customers, so do not worry I'm perfectly aware this is possible and not that hard to do. Yet, as I stated, it's MORE complex than not doing it, and it would ruin the experience of the players, which is quite the opposite of the stakeholder's goal. So, why would they do this ? Also if this were true, since we have access to riot api, we could gather the same data as well and prove that the matchmaking is rigged. Noone ever pulled that off. Actually the last time I did an in depth analysis of the history of someone claiming the matchmaking was rigged against him, I found out that his feeding teammates were doing awesomely well in their 10 previous games. > One of the other players in queue for top has played Yorick in 85% of his top lane games which means there is a high chance that he will pick Yorick if he gets top. Further more, he has 3.1 KDA and a 58% win rate on Yorick. Now there's also a mid laner with jungle secondary in queue who has played Brand every single time he got Top the entire season. He has a 48% win rate with a feeder's KDA. He goes shit like 3-13 every time he plays Brand top. Now, if the system wants you to win, it would match you with the Brand by auto-filling him top, which means there is a high chance he will pick Brand and feed you. While this, in theory does not seem that hard, i'll have you remember that : - Riot still doesnt know how to efficiently recognize intentionnal feeding, so, do not overestimate them too much. - Most of the time when someone in my team is doing poorly, I look at his history and most of the time it's just they had a bad game. - The simple fact of removing auto-fill made the games queue way too long, now imagine with your system how long it would take to place you with a toplaner which will probably lose against the other toplaner Also once again, why ? I'll conclude with a quote from Robert J. Hanlon : _**"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."**_
: Actually i don't doubt that there is an easy way of determining which teammates are likely to do this, just set match maker to select teammates on loss streaks, getting their of role constantly, anyone who has recieved a report in the last few games, ect ect there is data to easily get those types into game so to imply that match maker couldn't do it when it most definitely can is a little arrogant of you.
Sure, but since it's way more complex to do this than not doing it, why would riot do that ? It's some super-vilain stuff we are talking about.
: I understand the 25% loss thing now. But you're second comment doesn't make sense to me. From what I've seen in going to my stats page on my profile, an S is based off of many many different factors that determine if you've played your champion well, like how much cs you did compared to other players, it shows your map awareness, it shows how much you participated in kills, ect. An S rank tells many many things about you, while a win rate is vague. A win rate only tells you that your team won a game, it doesn't say anything about you personally. {{sticker:sg-janna}}
> [{quoted}](name=WoollyWitch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PXmnufL4,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T13:13:52.141+0000) > > I understand the 25% loss thing now. But you're second comment doesn't make sense to me. From what I've seen in going to my stats page on my profile, an S is based off of many many different factors that determine if you've played your champion well, like how much cs you did compared to other players, it shows your map awareness, it shows how much you participated in kills, ect. An S rank tells many many things about you, while a win rate is vague. A win rate only tells you that your team won a game, it doesn't say anything about you personally. > {{sticker:sg-janna}} The problem with the ratings is you can game it. ex: Steal the CS of all your laners as a jungler > You didnt help your team win the game by doing this, yet it counts for your CS score and is valued for your rating. ex: you can put wards in places where you already have the vision and it will count as much as someone who placed well tough wards to spot the path of the ennemy jungler. ex: your pink ward lasts all game in a very usefull spot, so your pink ward score is low but you didnt need more of them. ex: you play the nasus vs mundo matchup top and you just hit each other and regen all the hp lost, achieving actually nothing usefull. Your damage score will be high yet it didnt help your team to win. ex: You sacrifice yourself to save your carry so he can end the teamfight alone and you end up winning. You ruined a bit your rating but you helped your team win. ex: You drag the entire ennemy team on bot while your team takes baron and an inibitor. You die. You ruined your rating a bit but helped your team win. Maybe some of these situations have been tough of and are actually well managed by the automatic rating system, but seing how the system struggle at telling the difference between inting and having a bad game, I wouldnt count too much on it. Now the winrate IS a good metric. The winrate doesnt tell that your team won a game. This is just the outcome of a game and I agree the outcome of one single game has little to do with your skill. But we are talking about a winrate. Ideally over more than 100 games. Now we are talking about the outcome of 100+ games in which the ONLY common point is YOU. This tells a lot about your capacity to influence the outcome of a game.
TobeymAg (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=TobeymAg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PXmnufL4,comment-id=000300010001,timestamp=2019-06-25T12:01:47.546+0000) > > I can talk a bunch of bullshit and claim that if I had your account I'd get a 99% win rate, doesn't mean shit. Stop opening your useless mouth. I'm not bullshiting. I say this because I have multiples accounts, and I had to climb these accounts. I'm not even thinking i'm a good player. But I know that I can crush my way out of your elo with little to no efforts. I'm human, you are human, so you should be able to do it too if you did the right things. The fact you don't get out of your elo makes me think you are not doing the right things. If YOU are not doing the right things, it's YOUR fault that you don't climb. Conclusion : it's your fault that you don't climb, stop blaming the matchmaking.
Show more

Starcraft243ver

Level 101 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion