: Anyone else feel like the anniversary is going to make or break league for the next ten years?
: If you forumers hate the state of the game, don’t play it.
What if they love hating the state of the game ?
: Since season 4 I've been 100% positive that they intentionally pair you with a "troll". it's mathematically impossible the ratio's of games vs promo's with trolls. It's damn near 100%. It shouldn't be that way if it was truly random.
> [{quoted}](name=KnightLakega,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=thd3ttxh,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-17T17:27:24.945+0000) > > Since season 4 I've been 100% positive that they intentionally pair you with a "troll". > > it's mathematically impossible the ratio's of games vs promo's with trolls. It's damn near 100%. It shouldn't be that way if it was truly random. Well, do you have actual datas to back up this claim ? My experience on multiple accounts is I have the same amount of trolls in promos and in regular games.
: AP Malphite is annoying, and im not sure how to lane against him.
An unfed ap malphite will get destroyed in late game as long as your whole team doesnt stack. Just buy one MR item and he will not killin you
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=un2fx5BH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-16T02:55:20.289+0000) > > Because numbers don't lie, numbers aren't bias, numbers don't ignore all the angles. That is just false. Numbers can lie. Also if a champion is balanced on paper or by data that doesn’t mean they are fun to play against in game. According to the data illloai is balanced but in game she feels terrible to play against and play as at times. That is just one example, there are many more out there.
> [{quoted}](name=Soul Dealer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=un2fx5BH,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-16T03:17:30.223+0000) > > That is just false. Numbers can lie. Also if a champion is balanced on paper or by data that doesn’t mean they are fun to play against in game. According to the data illloai is balanced but in game she feels terrible to play against and play as at times. That is just one example, there are many more out there. No, numbers can't lie. Incomplete data sets can. But a full dataset ? Nope, it can't.
: If you dont play the game Balance Team, how do you expect to balance it with just data?
> If you dont play the game Balance Team, how do you expect to balance it with just data? I'm curious, where did you read that the balance team doesnt play the game ? I tough playing the game was required to be hired.
: spear of shojin solo makes jax actually stupid to face in many teamfight scenarios
Unfortunately his E gives him damage reduction from AOE damages as well, so both Q and W from veigar deals reduced damages. We can't help you either, did you ask zoé ?
: Why do turrets seem to be helping enemy team ?
Turret plating allow me as a mage to punish the assassin I face for roaming too much.
Onerios (EUW)
: Kai'sa's win rate curve is more of a U shape, if she gets an early lead she ends the game very quickly but if she doesn't then she has to wait for a significant quantity of gold because her itemisation is rather awkward (intentionally mind) due to the evolution stat needs, cutting into her damage output, takes until the 30 min mark before she gets back to her average win rate and 2/3rds of game don't ever get to that time frame. Currently kog's win rate is a steady climb, historically it's often been n shaped because his immobility makes him vulnerable to assassination and defensive itemisation couldn't save him.
> [{quoted}](name=Onerios,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9aQpcEVx,comment-id=0001000200010000,timestamp=2019-09-11T17:07:12.383+0000) > > Kai'sa's win rate curve is more of a U shape, if she gets an early lead she ends the game very quickly but if she doesn't then she has to wait for a significant quantity of gold because her itemisation is rather awkward (intentionally mind) due to the evolution stat needs, cutting into her damage output, takes until the 30 min mark before she gets back to her average win rate and 2/3rds of game don't ever get to that time frame. > > Currently kog's win rate is a steady climb, historically it's often been n shaped because his immobility makes him vulnerable to assassination and defensive itemisation couldn't save him. I was just giving an example of why comparing the damages is flawed. If you want to compare raw dps, just jump on the trainning tool and auto attack dummies. If your champion has outstanding raw damages but never gets the positionning in a fight in which he can unleash hell, he's no better than a champion with low damage output but who can safely actually apply these damages.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9aQpcEVx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-11T02:26:45.909+0000) > > kogmaw out damages kaisa by a lot a lot. I checked champion.gg and leaguefographs.com and that's actually true. Kog deals 24-25k damage per game, Kai'Sa does 19k.
> [{quoted}](name=Trias000,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9aQpcEVx,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-09-11T09:55:23.340+0000) > > I checked champion.gg and leaguefographs.com and that's actually true. Kog deals 24-25k damage per game, Kai'Sa does 19k. It doesnt mean anything, kogmaw is good when the games last a long time. Kaisa ends the games faster and thus It might explain why she deals less damages overall. (I'm not saying it's the case, i'm saying the explanations can be multiple for this difference of damages because you are not comparing damages/minuts and even that would be flawed). We can play mundo vs maokai top and get 100k+ damages per game on both of these champions without actually achieving anything.
PB4UAME (NA)
: Tanks are THE counter to burst mages, artillery mages, and assassins. Full stop. Those classes are supposed to suck absolute ASS at dealing with tanks, and should ***NEVER*** be able to fight them on equal footing. Its literally tanks' job to not get blown up by classes who are supposed to specialize in killing squishies, already low AND out of position champions, or poke (not burst, not outright 100-0, but poke) away squishier champions. Literally none of those classes have any business 1 vs 1ing a tank, and ***should lose such a confrontation heavily if the tank is close or equal on gold, let alone a-fucking-head of them.*** Doing more than 20% of Nunu's HP when behind him on any of those classes ***IS NOT OKAY!*** THIS is why no one fucking plays tanks.
> [{quoted}](name=PB4UAME,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iZn9Xq9e,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T23:00:41.278+0000) > > Tanks are THE counter to burst mages, artillery mages, and assassins. Full stop. Those classes are supposed to suck absolute ASS at dealing with tanks, and should ***NEVER*** be able to fight them on equal footing. Its literally tanks' job to not get blown up by classes who are supposed to specialize in killing squishies, already low AND out of position champions, or poke (not burst, not outright 100-0, but poke) away squishier champions. Literally none of those classes have any business 1 vs 1ing a tank, and ***should lose such a confrontation heavily if the tank is close or equal on gold, let alone a-fucking-head of them.*** > > Doing more than 20% of Nunu's HP when behind him on any of those classes ***IS NOT OKAY!*** THIS is why no one fucking plays tanks. Nope, tanks lose to artillery mages, they get poked down without any change to come in range. Enchanters, divers and healers counters artillery mages but negating their poke, speeding their team so they can catch the artillery or dive them. Tanks "counters" burst mage in the sense they do not die after eating one combo, not that they can facetank multiple full combos and laugh at it. (play gargoyle stoneplate if you want to do this)
Lovelle (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iZn9Xq9e,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-09-09T17:08:40.230+0000) > > But ... but ... people complain they get osed by full armor malphite... I haven't seen a full armor Malph in years.
> [{quoted}](name=Lovelle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iZn9Xq9e,comment-id=000b0001,timestamp=2019-09-10T17:49:06.036+0000) > > I haven't seen a full armor Malph in years. Well in jungle sure because his clear suxx if he goes armor, but in toplane he's still played tank : https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/items/malphite/euw/top
: What's the point of a ranked system in this game?
> [{quoted}](name=HazeVictory,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=c3FEdEYq,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-10T00:12:46.677+0000) > > When your Diamond players play the same as silver players, and your grandmaster players run it down just as much as bronzes ask yourself the question. > > Literally, have any of you'll who have supposedly 'escaped' low elo ever felt like you were rewarded for doing so? Is the matchmaking any better? Are your teamamtes any wiser? Or are you still playing the same shithole of a game which you'll have always aspired to climb out of? This is a matter of relativity, when you start playing you see that your teammates are playing badly, but you miss a lot of their mistakes. The more you climb, the less mistake your teammates and opponents do, but the more you know about the game and you can spot more mistakes. So it feels like whatever your elo, you see the same amount of stupid mistakes. If you ever started a new account or climbed an account from bronze when your real elo is actually gold/plat+ you'll see that the reality is you will CRUSH your way out of the lower leagues. Exploiting obvious and ridiculous mistakes from your opponents.
GigglesO (NA)
: Lol 21 months. It’s only gotten shitier since they removed the heal and tank meta season 1. Back then it really was never give up because you could still comeback at the 90 minute mark. Just had to hold out.
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=43YhAuQV,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T20:18:54.756+0000) > > Lol 21 months. It’s only gotten shitier since they removed the heal and tank meta season 1. > > Back then it really was never give up because you could still comeback at the 90 minute mark. Just had to hold out. Well i'm happy it changed then, because i'm definitely not fond of 90 minuts games.
: You don't understand that that tank items cost gold too. If one and half MR item + investing runes in AP is not enough to soak a rotation of a mage (which Tanks should counter) on a similar gold budget, then we go back to OP point: damage scales faster AND harder than defense. If we want to be specific, Nunu build couldn't be different. Cinderhulk is a must, and if the enemy is not full AP, dead man's plate is necessary too. The rest is rightful gold investment in MR, which is proven completely useless because again, damage > defense. To you that argue that an artillery mage rotation should remove 60% of hp of a tank, remember that that tank must also soak damage from DPS sources (which should counter tanks), from the frontline and maybe from the jungle. I.e. a tank must survive from multiple damage sources of both types. Arguing that a single source (that I add, should be sub-optimal on tanks) should almost do the job by itself, instantly on a burst, seems almost madness. PS: Maokai and Ornn are laughable, if you have doubts play them top against riven/Darius/Renekton etc. The others range from mediocre to good, but they're played for their damage, and not their tankiness. Check out the damage Shen/Malph does actually do after the buffs, it's quite crazy.
> [{quoted}](name=GelsominoKiller,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iZn9Xq9e,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T10:39:33.795+0000) > > You don't understand that that tank items cost gold too. > > If one and half MR item + investing runes in AP is not enough to soak a rotation of a mage (which Tanks should counter) on a similar gold budget, then we go back to OP point: damage scales faster AND harder than defense. > > If we want to be specific, Nunu build couldn't be different. Cinderhulk is a must, and if the enemy is not full AP, dead man's plate is necessary too. The rest is rightful gold investment in MR, which is proven completely useless because again, damage > defense. > > To you that argue that an artillery mage rotation should remove 60% of hp of a tank, remember that that tank must also soak damage from DPS sources (which should counter tanks), from the frontline and maybe from the jungle. I.e. a tank must survive from multiple damage sources of both types. Arguing that a single source (that I add, should be sub-optimal on tanks) should almost do the job by itself, instantly on a burst, seems almost madness. > > PS: Maokai and Ornn are laughable, if you have doubts play them top against riven/Darius/Renekton etc. The others range from mediocre to good, but they're played for their damage, and not their tankiness. Check out the damage Shen/Malph does actually do after the buffs, it's quite crazy. Where did you get this silly idea that tanks are supposed to counter mages ? Apc as Adc are supposed to melt tanks while bruisers, divers and assassins kills the Apc/Adcs. Dealing 55% of nunu's HP is okay.
: it's seems you are a lux main it doesn't matter how much items he has he had 145 magic resist witch is a lot of mr and the death recap is fixed fool lux can one shot and poke and shield and sup and cc and slow so ofc she will deal 55% of your hp bc she's broken
I haven't played lux in years. I play malphite from time to time tough (full tank) and I find him resistant enough and more than viable when picked into the right team.
Moon Mom (NA)
: 145 magic resistance may be a lot of MR but lux is taking away a good chunk from her pen. He has 112 MR, not 145. He ate all of Lux's spells, she used her passive and weaved in a few autos. You also have to account for Ludens splash damage, comet, scorch, etc. Just because you have 112 MR doesn't mean you get to face tank all of a mage's spells. That isn't right. He got hit with literally everything, so quite frankly 55 percent of his health is correct if she hit everything + multiple passive procs + runes. -------------------------------------------------------------- Deathrecap is also still bugged. Someone got killed by revive the other day on the boards, so I don't trust the numbers quite frankly. I am not a lux main and don't believe in spreading a false narrative that tanks die too quick. She has a pen, if he eats all the skillshots he'll suffer and get low. Tanks do not deserve to run around freely taking any damage while killing you. It's incredibly toxic and forces a meta with very few answers.
Why do you get upvoted for saying basically the exact same thing I did ?
: "**Just because you have 112 MR doesn't mean you get to face tank all of a mage's spells.** " Dude that's like... what resistances are bought for... Plus, I don't understand what is this "tank meta" obsessive fear y'all seem to have. Tanks have literally been unviable for **years** now. The last time a toplane tank was consistently played in competitive was what, season 6? Wouldn't it be a bit of a frustration if an entire class, let's say mages or adcs, were to be unviable for multiple years?
You dont understand that 112 MR is achieved with a single MR item and runes. It's not a high mr value. Go buy 250 MR and then you might be allowed to facetank a bit, but 112 MR ? I have more than that with VEIGAR when they have an AP team and I still manage to get 1000+ AP. And I do not expect to survive a full combo when I've got 3000HP and 112 MR, I just expect to survive 2-3 spells. Also tanks ARE viable, you can play shen, malphite, maokai, poppy, orn, there are just not so many tanks in the game since they separated tanks and juggernauts.
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f8W48oJE,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2019-09-09T13:02:32.865+0000) > > Well, yi does true damages so pure armor is not the way to go. Armor+HEALTH. Beside the crit reduction+attack speed reduction+heal reduction, and reflect damage. But a lategame Yi doesn't give a fuck. You are dead in 3 seconds.
That's what I said, the counter to yi is not building tanky, it's building bursty.
Antenora (EUW)
: https://i.gyazo.com/5f5d25aa854f3030ba32e0648013ea93.png Things like this are what put people off from playing tanks.... A 5/6 Mage with no void staff can do 55% of my health with a combo even while I have 2 Magic resist items + Conditioning rune. If I remember I also Red smited her. If she had a Void Staff then I'd say "Yeah okay that seems about right" but she doesn't.
You have one mr item, boots do not count. Also playing tank doesn mean you can eat every single spell coming at you. Also the death recap is totaly crap.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Damage scales faster and harder than defense.
But ... but ... people complain they get osed by full armor malphite...
Jbels (NA)
: Tanks die way too quickly and have way too few options
Squishies dies in 0.25s, so 4 seconds is a whole 16 time more resistant than squishies, so i'd say it's fair.
: I had Rammus ARAM against full AD team. Pure AD+health build, and died in 1,9sec. I also saw Yi solo killing pure armor+health Nasus in like 3 seconds. He built one iceborn for "damage", but beyond that pure armor. Most mages are bursters, and thus even the lower magic. res. works quite well. However there are some AD champ who doesn't give a fuck about your tankiness. They just DESTROY you. Vayne, and Yi are the best examples.
Well, yi does true damages so pure armor is not the way to go.
: Playing a metric fuckton of cass, garen will absolutely ruin her day if he plans for it with both mr runes, grasp, and honestly whatever you want for secondary. Take your w second after your q and after like 3 solid waves of last hitting you have enough mr to just ignore her, especially with her being so mana hungry early. Rush an early adaptive or spirit (hell even leave it at spectres with mercs) and you can safely lane bully her ass out of farm. The other champs don't really get as passively tanky as her, but if you start with sustain in mind you'll be fine, since her mana pool is weak af until her tear is moderately stacked, and her damage doesn't really come in until after her first finished item, especially if you itemize Yeah, you prolly cant rush the same cookiecutter build that you usually do against toplaners, but the same goes for kennen, viktor, and the rest of the rough bunch, same as other lane bullies/ranged
> [{quoted}](name=BackdoorPrincess,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7odXPPoU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-09T11:18:21.644+0000) > > Playing a metric fuckton of cass, garen will absolutely ruin her day if he plans for it with both mr runes, grasp, and honestly whatever you want for secondary. Take your w second after your q and after like 3 solid waves of last hitting you have enough mr to just ignore her, especially with her being so mana hungry early. Rush an early adaptive or spirit (hell even leave it at spectres with mercs) and you can safely lane bully her ass out of farm. > > The other champs don't really get as passively tanky as her, but if you start with sustain in mind you'll be fine, since her mana pool is weak af until her tear is moderately stacked, and her damage doesn't really come in until after her first finished item, especially if you itemize > > Yeah, you prolly cant rush the same cookiecutter build that you usually do against toplaners, but the same goes for kennen, viktor, and the rest of the rough bunch, same as other lane bullies/ranged Grasp vs cassio ?
Zardo (NA)
: I play neeko adc. I win matchups because people dont know the matchup against neeko adc. I'm not saying this because I have to learn, I'm saying if it gets popular other people will learn and get more used to it.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jBJ03r9G,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2019-09-09T11:48:00.601+0000) > > I play neeko adc. I win matchups because people dont know the matchup against neeko adc. I'm not saying this because I have to learn, I'm saying if it gets popular other people will learn and get more used to it. Oh ok, I understood it as "I dont want to start losing games because [my botlane] is learning how to play against it in lane [thus will not do great during the learning process". My bad
Zardo (NA)
: Please don't tell me neeko adc is becoming popular. I don't want to start losing because people learn how to play against it in lane.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jBJ03r9G,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-08T13:23:30.623+0000) > > Please don't tell me neeko adc is becoming popular. I don't want to start losing because people learn how to play against it in lane. Oh no ! I have to learn ! Not diversity again ! Also players : "Lol is boring we see the same champions everygame".
Nolfinisko (EUNE)
: Absolutely agreed. We have a lot of different mages, some extremely mobile (like LeBlanc) or not mobile at all. I want to bring an example from World of Warcraft with what did they do to classes in retail. Compared to Wrath of the Lich King expansion, every class was unique in what they were doing. Some had insane mobility and damage, but lacked sustain damage. Some were almost undivible because of their kit and posed a decent sustained threat overall. But then, after few expansions, I come back to World of Warcraft and I see every class have almost the same kit of skills. Every single class has stun, interrupt, mobility etc. My point is: Let's not give a champion a tool that will negate their weakness. Picking a champion is in my opinion a trade-off: What my champion wants to do, what they should excel at or what can they be weak at. Putting whole category in a spot where every single champion has a tool they can use (in that case, mobility ability) would mean that there will be a lot less different mages played. Best mages would be figured out, rest would be just "Oh, so it's X champion but without Y) Thus, disparity is good, amazing if there are a lot of champions of the same category. That's just my take on it. Another question is, whether generally they should lack mobility. It's both yes and no. Currently, mages are tuned up to a point of being one shotters without any MR/hp items. Let's take Annie and Katarina. Annie has no mobility, relies on Flash or a sneaky way to get to the target and nuke them down. I'm absolutely fine with Annie nuking my ass, that means that I have to watch my and her position. Now Katarina. Known for pretty good burst, snowball potential and insane mobility. Assuming she got some kills in the early game and she knows what she is doing, there is little to say if you're backline. Unless of course you have a stun/silence that you can quickly do, cause your death will not be long. What's the counterplay against that if you're an ADC? Pray that anyone else will land their CC on her or just not engage and wait for her to do their first move or when she throws her Q, disengage. That is a combo of mechanics that I'm the most salty about in LoL. Mobility and Burst Damage. Extremely snowbally, little to no counterplay if played correctly. Back to the Annie/Katarina comparison. Annie has much higher burst than Katarina. More single target centric although still decent at AoE. Now imagine giving her some form of mobility. Of course it would mean other abilities will be nerfed (most probably). There will be another mage that wants to dive your backline and one shot the living crap out of everyone, like most mages do nowadays. Do we lack these mages? Absolutely not. How should Annie be buffed then? She's strong at Burst Damage, Antidive, CC. Maybe buff her ult so it becomes a threat worth considering focusing on in team fights? So Annie player could consider casting an ult not to burst someone down, but for general value. Come to think of it, I would love to see a champion that uses ult for value outside of fights. Something like Yorick ult. My idea would be that her ult duration is infinite until it dies (then, cd starts). When Annie would proc her passive, Tibbers realeses an explosion that stuns all around it instead of CC on spell that Annie casted. Sorry for the post that long. I had a train of thoughts and wouldn't feel good to abandon any points. TL;DR: The change to Annie's mobility is lazy, give her more uniqueness.
> Absolutely agreed. We have a lot of different mages, some extremely mobile (like LeBlanc) or not mobile at all. I stopped reading here, leblanc is not a mage, if you have bursty damages and a lot of mobility you are an assassin, not a mage. If you have AOE CC, damages and low mobility chances are you are a mage.
: Just an anecdote, take it with a grain of salt: Had an Akali player who got top lane ask me (Katarina) for mid. I said no, I queued for Mid, and Akali can handle top lane better than Kat. They said "lmao whatever can't wait to see you feed" Game starts, we're about 8 mins in, I'm 5/1, Akali is 0/4, so I throw out a little "damn I wish I wasn't feeding so much, you were right Akali, look at me, I'm sitting here 0/4 while you're at 5/1, we should have swapped :( my b" They ended the game like 21/5, popped the fuck off.
> [{quoted}](name=caffeine abuser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IjuoJ6bp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-05T22:52:05.040+0000) > > Just an anecdote, take it with a grain of salt: > > Had an Akali player who got top lane ask me (Katarina) for mid. I said no, I queued for Mid, and Akali can handle top lane better than Kat. > > They said "lmao whatever can't wait to see you feed" > > Game starts, we're about 8 mins in, I'm 5/1, Akali is 0/4, so I throw out a little "damn I wish I wasn't feeding so much, you were right Akali, look at me, I'm sitting here 0/4 while you're at 5/1, we should have swapped :( my b" > > They ended the game like 21/5, popped the fuck off. Why dont you start a blog ?
Moon Mom (NA)
: She had to have a ton of pen + raw AP to go with it. Eve isn't one-shotting a 6k HP target in one second even through charm. Where are your merc treads to reduce the cc duration to practically nothing followed by a silence? This is legit the biggest hyperbole I've seen. She shreds but not 6k hp in one second.
Well, I just did the maths, maybe it takes more 1,5 or 2seconds but it seems she does.
: > [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6U959VE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-04T15:38:58.758+0000) > > Her Q is up all the time. It's her clear, her damage, her primary tool for getting things done. Even a small nerf to this ability is a huge nerf to Evelynn overall. > > In contrast, her ult has a long cooldown. She doesn't get it all the time, and using it is a big spike in power for her. Buffing the ult makes those power spikes stronger, but doesn't affect anything outside of those brief moments. which is all she needs. She literally already oneshots me as a 6k hp cho with one or two MR items. ONE SHOTS IN ONE COMBO. Literally, from the point the charm takes affect, she solo oneshot me under MY tower in 1 second. 1 second. As a 6k hp cho with over 100 magic resist. That is wrong on sooo many levels. Now, her oneshot potential will be even STRONGER. like wtf, are you kidding me.
https://i.imgur.com/uu142oG.png This evelynn was overfed to be honnest so : Full build + runes + baron AP : 1,4 x (80 + 30 + 120 + 18 + 80 + 120 + 70 + 50 + 48 + 40) = 918 AP MR Reduction : 35% MP Pen : 40% + 6 + 15 Electrocute, jungle luden effect, all empowered spells, liche Damages (raw + ratios) : 45 + 30% + 60 + 10% + 180 + 25% + 50% + 3 x ( 50 + 25% ) + 3 x ( 45 + 30%) + 175 = 745 + 310% = 3590 Damages (max HP): 4% + 2,5% x 918 = 26,95% Max HP Damages : Finisher if below 30% hp : 750 + 150% AP If cho has 6000 HP and 100 MR : MR Reduction : -35Mr = 65mr MR Pen: 39MR - 21MR = 18 MR So he takes : 0,82 x 3590 = 2943 Damages Then the MAX HP Damages : 26,95/100 x 6000 x 0,82 = 1309 damages Total : 4252 damages Then comes the R chogat has 1748hp left so he's below 30% max health : Ult damages : 2127 x 0,82 = 1744 dmg Total 5996 damages on a 100MR & 6000hp chogath. So 4 Hp left. So we can assume he's dead. Mea culpa ImTheJuggernauty it's definitely possible. But admit she's really fed and has to hit everything
: > [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6U959VE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-04T15:38:58.758+0000) > > Her Q is up all the time. It's her clear, her damage, her primary tool for getting things done. Even a small nerf to this ability is a huge nerf to Evelynn overall. > > In contrast, her ult has a long cooldown. She doesn't get it all the time, and using it is a big spike in power for her. Buffing the ult makes those power spikes stronger, but doesn't affect anything outside of those brief moments. which is all she needs. She literally already oneshots me as a 6k hp cho with one or two MR items. ONE SHOTS IN ONE COMBO. Literally, from the point the charm takes affect, she solo oneshot me under MY tower in 1 second. 1 second. As a 6k hp cho with over 100 magic resist. That is wrong on sooo many levels. Now, her oneshot potential will be even STRONGER. like wtf, are you kidding me.
Do you have a replay of this happening ? I think the maths do not adds up.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eLBGKN3c,comment-id=00170000000100000001,timestamp=2019-09-04T08:50:55.934+0000) > > Sure, but the trade off is that vlad has no hard cc, burst mages often have 1 or more ZONE CC Amazing amount of safety, tankiness, and scaling? Vladmir needs to scale like Ahri due to having a lot of sustain and safety.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eLBGKN3c,comment-id=001700000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-04T11:02:17.594+0000) > > Amazing amount of safety, tankiness, and scaling? Vladmir needs to scale like Ahri due to having a lot of sustain and safety. Ahri has : CC + mobility, which is the tradeoff for scaling and 'tankyness' (vlad is not really tanky, if he builds tank he sacrifices the scaling).
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eLBGKN3c,comment-id=001700000001,timestamp=2019-09-03T17:18:29.796+0000) > > 90% of the champions in this game will 100-0 a full glass canon squishy in late game. So the fact a low range mage can do that is not surprising at all. > > Also Vladimir burst is delayed a lot, he has to stack his Q, he has a delay on his E, and he has a delay on his ult if this is bursty I'd like to get your opinion lux, veigar, oriana or any other burst mage. But Vlad is an extremely safe champ is tremendous amount of AOE and sustain, while also being a tank. He can easily stack his Q beforehand, and he can charge his E while in his pool. Lux, Veigar, Orianna, and other burst mages are bursty, but when they are caught, they are dead. When Vlad is caught, he will almost always be alive and be able to escape easily.
Sure, but the trade off is that vlad has no hard cc, burst mages often have 1 or more ZONE CC
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eLBGKN3c,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-09-03T11:13:46.697+0000) > > First, No he did not oneshoot you under tower, go check what oneshoot means. > > Secondly, I didnt think i'd have to explain to a master player what grievious wounds items are for. If Vlad relied heavily on sustain to actually stay alive in order to constantly proc his Q in a teamfight, i woulda agreed, but if his burst can 100-0 any squishy while being tanky, really fast, then that is a problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eLBGKN3c,comment-id=00170000,timestamp=2019-09-03T11:40:40.768+0000) > > If Vlad relied heavily on sustain to actually stay alive in order to constantly proc his Q in a teamfight, i woulda agreed, but if his burst can 100-0 any squishy while being tanky, really fast, then that is a problem. 90% of the champions in this game will 100-0 a full glass canon squishy in late game. So the fact a low range mage can do that is not surprising at all. Also Vladimir burst is delayed a lot, he has to stack his Q, he has a delay on his E, and he has a delay on his ult if this is bursty I'd like to get your opinion lux, veigar, oriana or any other burst mage.
: For the love of anything holy nerf fucking Vladimir
> I had 2 matches vs Vlad today, one where I was jax and he shit on me and I went 0/5. At minute 12 he one shots me under tower even though I rushed merc treads and wits end. > > Second match I was Darius, I shit on him and he was 1/3, minute 14 he one shots me under tower when I was 85% hp. At minute 22 he one shots BOTH my Kassadin and Twitch. First, No he did not oneshoot you under tower, go check what oneshoot means. Secondly, I didnt think i'd have to explain to a master player what grievious wounds items are for.
iiGazeii (NA)
: Both Stomping and getting stomped suck
> Stomping the enemy is just as bad. The game is over before it's begun, the enemy surrenders, and you never get anywhere close to full build. You don't get to experience your champion at their strongest, you just win. You are not supposed to reach full build. If everyone reaches full build it's bad, very bad. Because now the lategame champions just crushes you.The game is not balanced around reaching full build
Divin1ty (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tosU2Ayz,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-01T23:44:53.322+0000) > > focus the adc ? if yummi is attached to another champ go ham on the adc Oh right. Because the 0/3 ADC is the problem and not the fed Irelia with an extra Cat Item, that gives Stats, infinite Sustain, an opening and kills the entire team.
If yumi never detach to get her autos and shields she's just half a champion.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: Let's talk: Champ Diversity
So the Tl;Dr is that we should not listen to people because they don't know what the implication of getting what they want are. The "I want to swim but I dont want to get wet" mentality is not new and you should just laugh at these people.
: Imagine winning a Promo
So you are mad because the matchmaking does not forecast the fact someone will be afk in your team ? Sounds fair.
BigFBear (EUW)
: WTF is this Matchmaking in Dia4 ??
What's the problem exactly ?
Pepeu2445 (EUNE)
: Tryndamere is REALLY broken
He's very vulnerable to CCs, he's a squishy melee toplaner, to be honnest he might be frustrating to play against, but unstoppable ? No, truly no. **When you feel a champion is overpowered, I'd always advice you to just play him, you often find out very quickly that he has weaknesses, and how to exploit them. **
: Dear people stuck in 'Low' Elo: Here are three underappreciated reasons why you're not ranking up
Well the tl;dr is : think before every action (you can take your replay and criticize your own actions while watching it, it's easier) - Why am I doing this ? - How does this help me to win ? - What could go wrong ? - Is there something better to do ? Then : - How did it go ? - Why ? - Should I try to do it next time ? - How do I not repeat this mistake ?
: Why again does an AFK offer NO ingame-compensations in LoL only?
I would trade most of my teammates for increased stats or for a good bot. Also getting increased stats as janna and getting increased stats as jax is not equivalent. There's no way to balance this kind of feature.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=znAweAzR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-29T23:55:59.180+0000) > > These are 3 pieces of advice I can offer to help with Pyke: > > **_*~~1~~*_** - **Poke his ADC, not him.** > > This is kind of like a reverse-Soraka scenario. Don't put any effort into poking Pyke but instead turn your attention to his ADC since he has no form of _allied_ heals or shields. He can look out for himself and only himself, if his ADC is being poked out of CS or engaged on, there's not much he can do. > > **_*~~2~~*_** - **Back off when you see him charging up his hook. ** > > This sounds like it would be common sense but I see a _lot_ of people try to challenge Pyke when he's charging up his hook. If you see him start up a Q back off behind minions or move _away_ from him. If he's closer to you, try and move side-to-side rather than running directly away. > > **_*~~3~~*_** - **Shut him down with heals, CC, and MS.** > > **The best way to beat him consistently is through playing an Enchanter like Sona, Yuumi, or Nami.** (doesn't have to be those particular three.) Enchanters have the tools and skillsets to beat him at almost every stage of the game. Likewise, Tanks are the worst into Pyke unless you're very skilled since they take a while to come online. Pyke's early game isn't the greatest, but Tanks are worse and he can use that early-mid spike to dominate the rest of the game. > > **Heals** - Pyke's only option is to all-in, he's not going to be poking you down and his ADC will usually be more focused on CSing and following up on _his_ all-ins. You can discourage his all-ins by staying at medium-high HP. More importantly, save your heals to raise allies out of his ultimate threshold. A well placed heal (be it from summoner Heal, an ability, or even something like Triumph) is the best way to stop Pyke in his tracks and kill him. If he mistimes his ult or you bait him into using it, you can follow up with CC and burst him down. > > **Shields** - Pyke's ultimate goes through shields, but a well placed shield can still stop you (or your allies) from being dropped into ult range. Shielding is important, especially in teamfights, but you should be prioritizing heals above all else. > > **Vision + other tidbits** - Exhaust doesn't work too well on Pyke. He himself does a surprisingly low amount of damage and exhausting him will not reduce his ultimate threshold, consider taking Ignite or even double Heal. Ward up midway through river and near your tri-bush, that way you can see him when he's coming from behind and stop him from roaming mid. Most importantly: MIA ping. _Let your team know when he's away from lane_, because if he gets a good roam off you and your midlaner/jungler are going to suffer for it. > > edit: And I didn't really mention these because I assumed you already knew, but buying armor and control wards help a ton. Armor weakens his already lower damage output (and that of his ADC) while control wards discourage him from roaming and can shut off his passive. Haha yeah, a couple obvious things in there. Thanks for the tips! Never really thought about the reverse-Soraka aspect. Can be tough in some contexts but good idea. I'm also going to try saving my heals / shields for mid-ult animation to cancel the reset... Never thought of that, always just healed and shielded as much as I could during the scrap. Cheers!
> Haha yeah, a couple obvious things in there. Thanks for the tips! Never really thought about the reverse-Soraka aspect. Can be tough in some contexts but good idea. I'm also going to try saving my heals / shields for mid-ult animation to cancel the reset... Never thought of that, always just healed and shielded as much as I could during the scrap. > Cheers! As for keeping your heals for mid ult animation cancel : yes, **but do not wait to shield because his ult is an execute**, even if you have a 3000 hp shield you are getting executed if you are below the hp treshold
: Grinded non-stop in solo queue for a month; here's the result.
Well, i've had a very different experience of grindring games a few years ago, the secret is to not care about the outcome of the game or about your Lps, while still doing your best everytime to remove the errors from your plays and to try to play perfectly. Lps and climbing comes naturally when you do this. If you are stressed that you will lose Lps, you are not having fun. If your only goal in a game is to learn and be better, every game becomes a personal win even tough your team has lost. When I was playing starcraft2 I had a progamer teammate that would just leave the ranked game he was in if he did one mistake in the first 8 minuts. Because he would not allow himself to do ANY mistakes at the start of the game. He soon hitted the top 20 EU and started winning turnaments, This is a bit extreme and cannot be applied to LoL but it just shows that you should not care about the outcome of a game, care about how you did play.
: But how do I play for fun? This game is competitive in its nature. Every game is frustrating. Even winning is frustrating.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiroyashayami,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gJXozh2u,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-08-29T04:26:57.270+0000) > > But how do I play for fun? This game is competitive in its nature. Every game is frustrating. Even winning is frustrating. You can have fun while playing competitively. It just requires you to do your best every single game while not caring at all weither you win or not. You just focus on self improvement and discard the outcome of the game as irrevelant.
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OdEOR6HX,comment-id=001400000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T13:03:06.601+0000) > > The analogy is bad, because all the players have access to the same ball and playing with the same rules. In league that's not the case, all players have access to the same champions and items --> every item is balanced and champion is balanced?
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OdEOR6HX,comment-id=0014000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-28T18:48:00.047+0000) > > all players have access to the same champions and items --> every item is balanced and champion is balanced? Nope, because once you pick a champion he's not available for the other team to pick. We can consider every single champion has different rules (skills/capacities)
: >I dont see a problem here, volibear was not building defense, Yes he fucking was lmao. Cinderhulk and armor with tabis and a giants belt are defensive items
> [{quoted}](name=Alluring Touch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9xgvfha6,comment-id=000200010000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-29T01:56:38.947+0000) > > Yes he fucking was lmao. Cinderhulk and armor with tabis and a giants belt are defensive items I missplaced a "not", sorry, I wanted to say "he wasnt building defense but neither did evelyn"
: Well then be mad at death recap for saying 0.94. You're missing the point. An adc would die just the same, to someone with no offensive items and being able to build pure defensive
I dont see a problem here, volibear was not building damages, but you were not building defense too.
: Repeat after me! Soloq and proplay are two different things! Something lacking counterplay in soloq is not a direct inference to them also being strong in competitive. There's a reason yasuo has always had one of the highest ban rates, a lack of interactive counterplay in lane phase unless your jungler is permanently sitting on him Irelia has counterplay and sees proplay. The same goes for pretty much all mages. The two scenarios are incomparable.
It doesnt lack counterplay in soloQ, the tools you have at your disposal in soloQ are the same you have in proplay, it's just that in soloQ people do not care, or do not bother learning.
Show more

Starcraft243ver

Level 108 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion