: Since I get a lot of flame for it, what are your thoughts on Lane Kayn?
When he came out I tried him mid and top because I honestly suck at jungling. It's not the safest laner but if you itemize accordingly to your transormation plans he can be a real boost for your team (if you have a heavy frontliner somewhere).
: all of this is assuming you have a decent match up, so many champions just have no recourse, no real options. they lose early, they lose late, they just don't stand a chance. you can't always pick last in solo queue folks, so let's not live in the land of make believe. you can't zhonya like zed, you can't even build armor because of his penetration and conq/ie true dmg. you can't run. and his laning phase just keeps getting better, every trade is a win for him since he just wastes time in between csing building his (level 1 100 hp) shield, and it's not like malphite or garen, who have to stay out of combat. i'd love to see you outplay being lee sin ulted and yasuo ulted. so much skill expression! i can _almost_ pretend
> [{quoted}](name=oortoomeebreesuu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEqukdkj,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-23T09:41:34.469+0000) > > i'd love to see you outplay being lee sin ulted and yasuo ulted. so much skill expression! > > i can _almost_ pretend How is Lee Sin an issue of Yasuo skill? Yi/Trynda/Jax don't even need Lee SIn to reach that kind of BS.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=uphm6g4u,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T09:16:39.681+0000) > > Ok, thank you for taking time to explain everything better to me, I have one question left: > > From what you wrote, there is a ranged attack and a channeled attack, how do I decide which one to perform? ...no the... the ranged attack is the channeled attack. That... I thought I made that part obvious. Think Poppy's shield throw, but instead of time, you just have to walk around to charge it back up, but it takes a little longer to attack and you can attack a couple of times, but if you take damage, you lose a shot. Unless you're in their face, then it's just Yasuo.
Ok, it wasn't really clear for me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KOOhlkdM,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T08:44:42.451+0000) > > That's a lot of time to react to it especially if you didn't mindlessly push under his tower so that you have no retreat chance outside fo flash if he engages. I suppose. He probably had a few other jabs in there that came before the all-in, but I mean come on, everyone's been fucked by a level 2 Jayce at some point if they play top or mid. It's practically a universal experience in those lanes.
> [{quoted}](name=ZerglingOne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KOOhlkdM,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T08:55:25.381+0000) > > I suppose. He probably had a few other jabs in there that came before the all-in, but I mean come on, everyone's been fucked by a level 2 Jayce at some point if they play top or mid. It's practically a universal experience in those lanes. Jayce is one of my favorite characters and I really well know how much damage he can deliver with an all-in. But if the enemy dies from it it's either me doing a godly under-turret outplay with the help of minions or the enemy making a huge mistake. Artillery characters should be treated the same, no1 whines (yet) of Xerath's level 3 stun combo which can really ruin a squishy life and do that again pretty soon considering that his mana lasts more than Jayce's.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=uphm6g4u,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T08:48:10.229+0000) > > I mean to manage his resources with a change like this. > > Is the change into ranged attack passive and not "toggable" so that I am forced not to attack at all if I want to preserve a shield? If you target an enemy who is outside of your melee range, it will be a ranged attack. Also, he will have 600 flow, all he needs is 100 for the shield. With 200 flow, he could make a ranged attack and use his shield, but it will take more walking around to do both. > In which conditions the channel starts? Press A and left click or right click an enemy who is outside of melee range. > Does the channel means I also need to stop moving for the crit-attack? Yes, he will have to stop and charge up his ranged attack, but once he starts channeling, he will attack them, even if they teleport across the map. Like when Gangplank stops for half a second to shoot his gun, but just a little longer. > Is it only the channeled attack that consumes flow? And the shield. No flow, no range.
Ok, thank you for taking time to explain everything better to me, I have one question left: From what you wrote, there is a ranged attack and a channeled attack, how do I decide which one to perform?
: Unpopular Opinion: Yasuo is the fairest out of the AA focused fighters
What makes it so is that he trades personal protection for a teamwide one (Wind Wall) specifically aimed at one skill-type, has mobility gated by taking risks and the need to use skillshots. Plus, he doesn't have True Damage / %HP damage. All of the other melee-AA characters don't have at least 2 of them.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=uphm6g4u,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-23T08:35:25.261+0000) > > Seems overcomplicated to manage to be honest. Really? Giving him the option for a ranged attack instead of a shield is too complicated?
Is the change into ranged attack passive and not "toggable" so that I am forced not to attack at all if I want to preserve a shield? In which conditions the channel starts? Does the channel means I also need to stop moving for the crit-attack? Is it only the channeled attack that consumes flow?
: > [{quoted}](name=TheSwiftExile,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KOOhlkdM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-23T07:25:52.046+0000) > > Idk maybe play safe when a champ has a powerspike. Also he doesn't 100-0 you at level 2. It's called you were either trying to extend trade with a champ who has 4 abilities at level 2 or you were being poked down at level 1. VOD Please :) Well, he can. If he gets level 2 before you, has ignite, has electrocute, saves his first attack off of his ranged form R until he goes for you, Hits you once, Empowered shock blast, melee, q, ignite, auto attack, E... I'd wager that's enough to kill most level 1 characters. Assuming 10 bonus AD from a longsword: Level 2 ignite does 105, His empowered shockblast Q will do 115, his first auto attack in ranged form will do 70, then the melee one will do 98, the hammer Q will do 57, and the hammer E will do 18 + 20% of Kass' max HP, which at level 1 is 576, so 133, and an electrocute for 34 physical. 105 true 346 physical 150 magic Which totals out to 601 raw damage. That's without any of the other runes being taken into account. A few more points of damage from one of the thousand sources in the runes, and that's a dead Kass from 100-0. Armor, passive, MR, or not.
> [{quoted}](name=ZerglingOne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KOOhlkdM,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T08:00:05.888+0000) > > Well, he can. If he gets level 2 before you, has ignite, has electrocute, saves his first attack off of his ranged form R until he goes for you, Hits you once, Empowered shock blast, melee, q, ignite, auto attack, E... I'd wager that's enough to kill most level 1 characters. > > Assuming 10 bonus AD from a longsword: > > Level 2 ignite does 105, His empowered shockblast Q will do 115, his first auto attack in ranged form will do 70, then the melee one will do 98, the hammer Q will do 57, and the hammer E will do 18 + 20% of Kass' max HP, which at level 1 is 576, so 133, and an electrocute for 34 physical. > > 105 true > 346 physical > 150 magic > > Which totals out to 601 raw damage. > > That's without any of the other runes being taken into account. A few more points of damage from one of the thousand sources in the runes, and that's a dead Kass from 100-0. Armor, passive, MR, or not. That's a lot of time to react to it especially if you didn't mindlessly push under his tower so that you have no retreat chance outside fo flash if he engages.
SSmotzer (NA)
: Yasuo Passive Rework
Seems overcomplicated to manage to be honest.
: ashe v jinx game logic
{{champion:126}} _<shoots empowered plasma blast in the face of the enemy>_ {{champion:17}} _<Is still fine and kills you with 2 blowdarts>_
: Honestly, a glaive would be best, as that would be practical on a mount and give a rider the most range to do the most damage. The glaive is underused in the game at the moment, while also falling in with the "spear" look.
: What people end up missing about the Death Note live adaptation is that it's meant as a sequel to the original series. - L isn't simply an alias, it's also a rank (shown in the series). - Early on in the movie, it was mentioned that events like those had happened before (in Japan).
Doesn't save it from being on trash level anyway.
: Corki is currently in Piltover... so that's the place he's defending from the air (Although, it's not clear WHAT he's defending it from...) I'd say the thousands of miles of contested independent states are probably a much larger reason that Noxus can't invade Demacia directly (YET. We'll get them in the end!) But Demacia certainly does use its raptors to move quickly over the mountainous areas on its borders - there's not going to be infinite numbers of them, though. We could be talking about a dozen, or fifty, or a hundred. Not enough to turn back the Trifarian Legion before someone shoots them all down, at least! :-)
Well, It's cool to know that your favorite faction isn't just deleted from the world because you can't delete those champions and so it must stay (even if Noxus can easily wipe it away). Can't wait to read more about Demacia being turned into the spanish inquisition and Noxus being the free reign of awesomeness and darkness.
T3rminus (NA)
: The long-standing meme of Wood being the "trash" tier is exactly why they didn't call it Wood tier.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ulypxs8A,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-21T12:30:05.942+0000) > > Stop having roving death gangs. So we can get some technician s down there Yeah Brazil is totally safe too
> [{quoted}](name=HateDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ulypxs8A,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-21T13:54:15.384+0000) > > Yeah Brazil is totally safe too To be fair, I wouldn't want live in any Latin America country. Maybe Chile... MAYBE.
iDarkWind (EUW)
: So basicly he was a troll pick by your definition, right? Because back in the days {{item:3140}} would remove his ultimate, and if he was so ultimate realiant he was awful, or I am missing something ?
No because other characters were balanced to deal different amount of damage and had different sustain too. You can't think that the only things that changed were Zed and the QSS.
: Spears and Javelins have been done to death, 2 of which are Demacian: {{champion:5}}{{champion:59}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:429}} Honorable mention to the glaive: {{champion:120}} We do not need any more Demacians using spears.
But are they Holy enough? Hmmmm? Anyway, which weapons would you give to a knight riding a gryphon? Axes are too dwarvish, bolas are not knighty at all. Also, if you take a look at guns/rifles we have {{champion:51}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:21}}.
Thornhub (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O0FaR72r,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-20T16:43:47.130+0000) > > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/heroesofthestorm/images/6/66/Whitemane_-_Heroes_of_the_Storm.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180727160852 **WHITEMANE** {{sticker:zombie-nunu-hearts}}
> [{quoted}](name=Thornhub,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O0FaR72r,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-09-20T18:00:00.867+0000) > > **WHITEMANE** {{sticker:zombie-nunu-hearts}} Thiccmane
: Thicc Thread
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/heroesofthestorm/images/6/66/Whitemane_-_Heroes_of_the_Storm.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180727160852
: Why can Aatrox move when his passive procs
https://i.giphy.com/media/xT5LMXuNkckWA1uzT2/giphy.gif
: > [{quoted}](name=Jobriq,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jHrVW5qz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-19T16:43:49.570+0000) > > Riot kills memes, not creates them. True stuff. That whole PAX fiasco wasnt really about equality, it was just to prove that {{champion:36}} doesn't go where he pleases. At least before 2:30.
> [{quoted}](name=The Oasis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jHrVW5qz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T16:47:45.549+0000) > > True stuff. That whole PAX fiasco wasnt really about equality, it was just to prove that {{champion:36}} doesn&#x27;t go where he pleases. At least before 2:30. I wish this came up during the heat of the issue. It would have been so freaking Legendary...
TheFortex (EUNE)
: EXCUSE ME? IRON? TEIR????
I think they intentionally did so in order not to make the unfortunate lower tier players to be mocked as Wood 5 meme. I wouldn't have used iron though, maybe copper would have been a better choice.
Mael bro (EUNE)
: Xerath's ult should be a % missing health execute
I think Xerath needs to do overall more damage if he lands his skills frequently (like an added quest passive). His play style is based on bypassing the frontline with AoE + high range and not as an executioner.
rawiazam1 (EUNE)
: we should nerf aurilion sol.
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/how-about-no-sloth.jpg
: Imagine his ult summons the griffin, dunno how they would do it. they can barely even get quinn/valor right lol.
Actually I imagine he as Falstad: some1 always on the Gryphon which gives him some neat passive related to being a flier.
: Thats looks amazing {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
And it's an actual demacian elite soldier.
: We need a new Demacian champ who is patriotic yet crazy.
Gief this! https://i.imgur.com/1qGOhT5.png And make him use holy spear/javelins.
: >players in China sued Blizzard and got their money back because "Diablo 3 is not a Diablo game". WUT!? YOU COULDA DONE THIS!? WHY WAS I NEVER TOLD.
: So Yorick get hammer nerf but Daruis, Fiora, Pyke, etc get buffs ? Love world balance
Kog'maw buffs = only him and Cait will be playable... They really hate Varus.
: Silly lil' thread, but can Kayle end up similar to Imperius?
I really want her base look to be the more Holy Angelic Knighty possible with nearly no space for feminity. She will still be my favorite girl among the bunch and they can give her a lot of more girly/woman/fan service skins.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Goodest Boy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IQEulNId,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T21:10:27.585+0000) > > ohh, diablo! thank you sir. I know about diablo as I like most of blizzards stuff, just never got into it myself. has it really become that bad?? The initial release of Diablo 3 was dogshit because of the presence of the real money auction house. Yes, that's right, the game had a place where you can sell your in-game loot to other players for real world money, with a tiny bit of money going to Blizzard as the processing/hosting fee. The presence of the real money auction house incentivised Blizzard to nuke the drop rate of items to encourage more item trades, which was exactly what happened; which as you can imagine, it was not only counter-intuitive to a loot-grind game but also an insult to long term players of the franchise where the market auction stuff was on eBay (was it even legal?) instead of being hosted by Blizzard. Real money auction house also incentivised botting, which Blizzard then made 0 attempt to stop and a few servers became virtual Zimbabwe where bots ruled the auction house where they spammed the marketplace with literal starting items selling for thousands of gold. And because of the real money auction house, the game had a DRM that forces the player to be online all the time, for a mostly singleplayer game because reasons. And worse, the service was trash and drop out was frequent; the "Error 37" became a famous meme at the time because that's the error message that would pop up whenever you'd disconnected because of shitty Blizzard internet, and you would see that incredibly frequently, to the players' laughter and tears. Oh and, the pings, because for some reason a singleplayer ARPG games needs ping as part of its playing experience; and players from where there is no immediate dedicated server can't play the game due to the massive delays in an otherwise timing-critical genre. ...... The game also had major gameplay and balancing issues. First of all, the game was originally made to be more of a coop game rather than solo adventures that Diablo games have always based its base at. What I meant was that outside of the auction house stuff, the drop rates was also designed as such you always never get the loot for your character and are basically forced to trade with others whenever you wanted loots. Your characters also didn't (maybe still don't idk) have the ability to assign level up stats on your own, which killed the point of this genre of games where you can build the characters the way you want it to be. In the similar vein, there is no diversity in gearing and selecting your spells, because most of the time there is the obvious meta that is so good going any other build is a serious case of handicapping yourself. At launch, you also had no ability to choose difficulty of the game, as difficulty is only unlocked after you've completed the previous difficulty. This meant that all players have to suffer through at least 2 or 3 COMPLETE playthroughs before they finally get to a difficulty that pose any sort of challenge and fun to them. This kills basically all forms of hype for anyone who'd just picked up the game. The elite monsters also had 0 balancing in later stages of the game/difficulty. If you're not familiar, elite monsters are mobs that are randomly selected to be like super good than their peers, they would have more raw stats but also special abilities. Now in Diablo 3's initial launch, there was basically 0 design going into the elite monsters, and in the later stages of the game you would meet all sort of nonsense where you can see something like 15 elite monsters all bundled together, and each of them all have different spells that resulted in the entire screen being covered with projectiles, walls, and clones ,or whatever, and they may even also suck you into the pack endlessly with 0 CD and you just die to the biggest BS in gaming; and this kind of stuff happens CONSTANTLY in harder stages of D3. Basically, the game's difficulty curve was all over the place, it started out mindblowingly easy and then at some point it hikes into the realm of literal impossibility. ...... Then there's the writing. Diablo 3 had the weakest writing in all of the franchise. Iconic characters die to meaningless and unceremonious deaths, prime evils which should be the most sinister and present at least some kind of psychological horror was presented like children cartoon villains who literally tells you about their plot telepathically at every checkpoint because reasons and being predictable beyond all comprehension, and moral or philosophical debates that should come with the setting that deals with angels and demons came in the most barebones and non-existent attempt. In short, Diablo 3 barring the VERY occasional glimpses of good writing (Tyrael's speech to Imperius, and that's basically it), had a really bad writing overall. ...... ...... ...... Things did change, A LOT, when the expansion Reaper of Souls were released. It fixed a lot of the problems, like the removal of auction house, introduction of offline mode (I think), class rebalancing, monster and loot rebalancing, new contents like new classes, difficulty, bosses, and story etc. Many says it's a vast improvement over the original tush that was the released Diablo 3, but idk, I never get to play Reaper of Souls. I'll probably take their word for it tho, maybe it is a good game now; but oh dear, the Diablo 3 at launch was a colossal failure.
I mean... players in China sued Blizzard and got their money back because "Diablo 3 is not a Diablo game". That's how bad it was (and still is, doesn't matter if you got an expansion that's a bit better than banta turd, the game and the lore are still crap).
: The dude calls people out on their stupid decisions and they get mad when he's right. The nephalim upset the balance and are being manipulated by the prime evils; who could have predicted this? The High Heavens were nearly destroyed because Tyrael trusted humans to not screw up. Again. It doesn't excuse his rude behavior, but I can at least understand why he's completely done with humanity and Sanctuary's shenanigans.
I consider most of D3 writing as pure garbage, they introduce characters to fit their narration and both the endings of the main game and the expansion are just embarassing, the simple existence of the Black Soul Stone makes most of the original Diablo lore to go in the dumpster. With Imperius they had a chance to create a proud combatant that turned into "the evil guy on the side of the good guys" that did not fight much in the end. Tyrael becoming and staying human is indeed a blasphemy.
: Is the character in the gif from a game? Who is he or she?
: If it's just aesthetically, yes. If it's character-wise, hell no. Imperius had potential, but was written as a pretentious and pompous ass. Itherael, the literal embodiment of "grey and vague", has a better personality than him. His teleportation and laser beam ability are rather quaint, though. Kayle and Morgana should be portrayed with much more subtlety. The Leona & Diana and VS event conflicts tend to simplify the sides and support chaos too much. On a somewhat related note: play Grim Dawn. It's incredibly good, and has interesting lore to boot.
Xano501 (NA)
: {{champion:62}} {{champion:103}} better than {{champion:81}} {{champion:99}} Because it's made RIOT killed Ahri's lore and character by Ez/Lux can't do that.
I agree that Ahri x Wukong is better than Lux X Ez though.
Xano501 (NA)
: Wukong x Ahri really mascot LoL pairing
{{champion:62}} "lets go to bed" {{champion:103}} _starts undressing_ {{champion:62}} " I... I mean to sleep..." Thank you for making me remember one of the most idiot scenes that have been written.
: TSM: "We have never missed a single worlds before"
Welp, at least this time they won't be NA major source of shame in the international scene.
: I wanted to believe, I really did... but one of my favorite series is about to go to shit.
My self defense mechanism when this happened to my favorite show (Saint Seiya... may the universe curse you Saint Seiya Omega!) or video game (there is a special place in Hell for Ninja Theroy for making that DMC wanna-be) was to consider it non-canon and nearly non existent.
saltran (EUW)
: Kalista has only 1 real skillshot and she's by far the hardest adc to play. Saying that Jhin is harder to play because he has more skillshot s is just a stupid reductionization to what makes a champ hard or easy to play, and talking about that you also should differentiate the diferencie between high/low skill floor and high/low skill ceiling.
I'm arguing that he is more difficult and more enjoyable to watch than Caitlyn and Sivir, 2 ADCs that have been dominant for ages and which need to right click to get Pentas.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=06HTLNJu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-17T14:44:37.069+0000) > > Compared to Caitlyn and Sivir who only have to itemstack and then right click... they are. > > Mechanically more intense doesn't always mean more skillful but overall you need more skill with a Jhin and Varus to be successful than any of the other ADCs. But that's just plain wrong. It doesn't mean that, having a couple of aimed abilities doesn't mean that you need more skill nor does it make them "mechanically intense", that's not supposed to be the hard part.
_Disclaimer: I'm not angry nor salty, I'm just rereading this and found my writing easily misunderstandable as a passive aggressive tone which I really didn't intend to have. xD_ Expand your argument about what si skilled then please, I'm really not getting it. And I'm not getting anything in the lines of: "general positioning", "knowing when to engage and ward", "ferm", etc. because that is something that isn't really champion related.
: > [{quoted}](name=Altiverse,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=06HTLNJu,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-17T13:30:31.943+0000) > > I mean, there will always be top tier champions. Even if we were to nerf this and that, others will climb to S tier. > While I don&amp;#039;t at all enjoy the current meta and have mostly stopped playing in the past few months solely due to that (League of oneshots *cough*), I&amp;#039;m just saying that I&amp;#039;d much rather be stomped by an OP Jhin or Ahri, ASol, Nami (who are 54-55% win rate right now btw) rather than Kai&amp;#039;Sa, Zed, Trynd or Janna. > > I certainly like it more when I feel like the enemy earned the kill on me rather than literally rightclicked/Pressed R on me to death. > > So stop complaining about things like Jhin being OP, because other, worse ones will take his place. Look, just because a champion has one more aimed ability than another doesn't mean they are "skillful" and the others just aren't at all and are unfair to play against.
Compared to Caitlyn and Sivir who only have to itemstack and then right click... they are. Mechanically more intense doesn't always mean more skillful but overall you need more skill with a Jhin and Varus to be successful than any of the other ADCs.
: When the Soraka goes to gank your lane...
Terozu (NA)
: Would like to point out that the stars orbitting him arent that big, and that if you work it ouy from his trailer, he comes out to around 1 mile tall.
... I'll fix the threads.
Terozu (NA)
: Oh god i posted on the other one before even seeing this one...
: Now that's...
... to make this work.
: ...big
But you should reply in this order...
: ...I had to make 2 posts so he could fit in!
: Aurelion Sol is so big...
Dragon species don't match but this is pretty accurate (it's a joke): http://i.imgur.com/Z1y3fBl.png
: Got suspended for 14 days for 1 'kys' that was directed to my friend.
How thick is your skull? Don't type it... EVER! What is this compulsion you guys have towards writing those 3 letters?
: As much as I love Odyssey, I'm confused as to why it's always an Alternate Universe.
I do agree with you. PvE modes would be an excellent way to amplify the lore and even tell some now unkown stories and episodes.
Show more

Stars Shaper

Level 47 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion