: They're implied to be benevolent by the people looking up to them, but we've had MULTIPLE indications that their intentions may be far from pure and benevolent. Pantheon, for starters, is not benevolent. His Aspect flat out parasitically overwrote the mind of the body it occupies. Then there's the Twilight Aspect, which was certainly not benevolent in "Twilight of the Gods," and she came across as downright sadistic in her interactions with the Darkin. Then there's the whole imprisoning Aurelion Sol thing, which is not what I'd consider benevolent. Some of the Aspects MAY be benevolent, like Sun, Moon, and the Protector, but to claim that the group as a whole is benevolent is just being ill-informed and blind to the giant red flags we've had pop up in the lore.
That’s very true - my bad. The aspects are weird as fuck - but I’d still argue that they’re not actively a threat to Runeterra, especially the Celestials who dedicate their lives to protecting Runeterra.
: > [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mmekLwkx,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-06-18T17:28:44.615+0000) > > Because they're benevolent creatures. I don't believe this was intended as 'which high tier faction is the strongest' but moreso which one is most likely going to destroy the world. please google the definition of threat... you don't have to be evil to be a threat... you don't have to show a hint of actually doing harm to be a threat. The US (and every country) always considers other countries a threat even though they don't show signs of harming us, that's one of the reasons why we have a military. I think you would consider a bear in your camp a threat, even though that bear has no evil intentions and the most common type of bear leaving humans alone as long as they don't run away. I think you would consider ants a threat to your home even though they have no evil intention and will probably infest someone else's home. I think you would consider god like creatures a threat if they've been secretly trying to control every single action that goes on in your planet (but they failed) to make everyone on the planet a soldier to fight against the void whether their intentions are good or bad. I think you would consider a man who randomly pops out of nowhere and takes your precious strong artifacts (bard) a threat whether their intentions are good or bad. The celestials are a threat to runeterra because they have massive power and could destroy runeterra with that power whether they want to or not. It's not about whether or not they're going to do it, it's about the THREAT. Threat is a word used to describe something that CAN cause harm, not something that WILL cause harm.
There is a huge difference between Aurelion Sol and animals, namely their sentience. Of course I would consider that bear a threat due to not knowing its intentions. Most all species of bear have killed at least one human and so all are justifiably feared. An infestation of ants spread disease, bacteria and dirt and so can also be considered a threat. You are also right in believing that the people of Runeterra might cautiously view Aurelion Sol and the Celestials a ‘threat’ however, as we have an outsider’s perspective, we know they mean no harm. We’ve been told Sol doesn’t harness any ill will towards the people of Runeterra. We don’t need to think of whether or not he’s a threat in the eyes of your average Runeterran, as we know from his stories and official Riot sources claiming he isn’t. (Back during the Sol Q and A someone asked this exact question and their response was along the lines of ‘Sol appreciates their worship).
: Why are the aspects and celestials not on this list? They created runeterra and they could easily take it out. Do I think they would? No, but they are one of the biggest threats. Just look at how terrifying Kayle is, a half aspect that isn't even really under the guidance that the other aspects are. Kayle probably doesn't even know the full length of her powers.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mmekLwkx,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-06-18T16:44:29.412+0000) > > Why are the aspects and celestials not on this list? They created runeterra and they could easily take it out. Do I think they would? No, but they are one of the biggest threats. Just look at how terrifying Kayle is, a half aspect that isn't even really under the guidance that the other aspects are. Kayle probably doesn't even know the full length of her powers. Because they're benevolent creatures. I don't believe this was intended as 'which high tier faction is the strongest' but moreso which one is most likely going to destroy the world.
Jaspers (EUW)
: {{champion:136}} Runeterra's existance relies on the fact that Sol is still somewhat under Targonian control. All those other problems are just a threat to life on Runeterra, they are not a threat to Runeterra.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mmekLwkx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-18T09:39:31.927+0000) > > {{champion:136}} > > Runeterra's existance relies on the fact that Sol is still somewhat under Targonian control. All those other problems are just a threat to life on Runeterra, they are not a threat to Runeterra. Sol isn't really Malevolent and doesn't hold a grudge towards the rest of Runeterra, strictly Targon.
SEKAI (OCE)
: They did. They announced that the guy who went Teemo support and roamed 24/7 is found to only do this when they found themselves in a game with big shot streamers. They can deduce that it is a case of deliberate trolling from that fact. The guy also has a regular history of being reported for doing that in their games, by other streamers most likely, which all resulted in no ban because the IFS can not pick up this kind of context (or nuance in general) and probably assumed as merely case of someone reporting just because of off-meta and discarded the reports instead. Make no mistake, it wasn't their playstyle that got them banned. It was their intent behind the said playstyle that did. It's just that finally someone called them out by bothering with calling a human review that this guy is finally dealt with. That's all there is to this.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t1cqgd1b,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-16T02:51:04.487+0000) > > They did. > > They announced that the guy who went Teemo support and roamed 24/7 is found to only do this when they found themselves in a game with big shot streamers. They can deduce that it is a case of deliberate trolling from that fact. > > The guy also has a regular history of being reported for doing that in their games, by other streamers most likely, which all resulted in no ban because the IFS can not pick up this kind of context (or nuance in general) and probably assumed as merely case of someone reporting just because of off-meta and discarded the reports instead. > > Make no mistake, it wasn't their playstyle that got them banned. It was their intent behind the said playstyle that did. > > It's just that finally someone called them out by bothering with calling a human review that this guy is finally dealt with. That's all there is to this. This is irrelevant. In the past people have gotten banned for doing exactly the same thing NB3 did - flaming trolls, inters and afks. Not punishing the people at the top causes it to trickle down and become a part of the game.
CytheGuy (NA)
: An analysis of the NB3 vs Nubrac situtation (off-meta Teemo pick)
They both deserve to be punished. I believe they were playing against the Sona and Taric strategy, which REQUIRES a support in the bot lane to beat as there is no way any ADC can shut them down sufficiently enough to stop their incredibly scary late game. That being said, regular players get banned for flaming people who actively do troll. Whilst Nubrac at least seemed to try, though I'd be willing to bet that he knows he's doing something wrong, it doesn't justify Riot not taking action against NB3 for his toxic behaviour either. People have been permanently banned for flaming someone who locks in Disco Nunu and goes 0/23 so Riot picking a side over this is pure hypocrisy.
Jamaree (NA)
: Can we at least wait more then a day for people to actually start learning his kit?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=irHW6EA2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-13T07:25:54.774+0000) > > Can we at least wait more then a day for people to actually start learning his kit? You're right! I'm sure as people become more experienced at playing him his win rate will drop!
: Here's what the real problem with Yasuo's skin is.
Humanoid champions don't really suit this theme at all anyway. At least most of the other humanoid arcade skins have enough particles to make look all arcade-y. Yasuo simply doesn't. They only have his third Q and windwall to work with, which isn't really enough to justify giving him this skin over any of the MANY champions that could work with it.
Boolhya (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zHG4oWoP,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-06-12T11:52:43.878+0000) > > And there are cool designs in gen 5 such as Hydreigon, Haxorus, Excadrill, Zoroark, Braviary and Chandelure, just to name a few and Pokémon in gen 1 that are just as lazy as Vanilliuxe - Magneton and Dugtrio and literally just 3 Magnemite and Diglett's stuck to each other, as well as Voltorb, Electrode and Ditto. I am also curious as to what makes Garbodor so offensive, but doesn't also apply to Muk and Grimer, who are also just piles of sludge? > Magneton is not a lazy design, the magnemites are supposed to stick to others, Muk and grimer are slimes. You are trying to find few exceptions in order to disapprove my point. Gen 5 had the biggest number of bad designed mons > The newest games have recently turned into a huge shit show so we really don't need to talk about those. The newest games have recently turned into a huge shit and the oldest games were better than the new ones because of the milking policy. When you see shit like dynamax,pokemon home, pokemon sleep, pokemon eat... you should understand that the quality of art doesn't matter anymore. You are probably right about balance, maybe I didn't feel it because I was not a hardcore competitive player when it comes to pokemon
> [{quoted}](name=Boolhya,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zHG4oWoP,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-12T17:07:32.809+0000) > > Magneton is not a lazy design, the magnemites are supposed to stick to others, Muk and grimer are slimes. You are trying to find few exceptions in order to disapprove my point. Gen 5 had the biggest number of bad designed mons > > The newest games have recently turned into a huge shit and the oldest games were better than the new ones because of the milking policy. When you see shit like dynamax,pokemon home, pokemon sleep, pokemon eat... you should understand that the quality of art doesn't matter anymore. > > You are probably right about balance, maybe I didn't feel it because I was not a hardcore competitive player when it comes to pokemon That's undeniable. The quality of games is going so severely downhill that I honestly don't feel like I will continue playing the games unless something changes. Despite gen 5 having a largely disproportionate number of low quality Pokémon, Black 2 and White 2 are arguably the highest quality Pokémon games ever released.
Boolhya (EUW)
: > No generation of Pokemon has been balanced at all and if you think it was then you really have no idea about the state of the competitive scene for each generation. Hi, Am OP my board account got banned because of mod abuse. When I say gen2-4 were kinda balanced I compare them with current generations, I mean at least we didn't have landarus and one of the 3 tapus as a necessary core mon for an ou team. >Not to mention how every generation has had outstanding designs that could easily be considered the 'best' designed pokemon and each generation also has pokemon that could be argued as the worst. I disagree there is original and cool designs such as nidoking and scizor and lazy designs like the ice-cream with three head vanillux and garbador whose literally garbage. Don't forget that they will introduce the thing called dynamaxing this gen, do you honestly think that its a great idea? what does it add to the gameplay?
> [{quoted}](name=Boolhya,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zHG4oWoP,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-06-12T09:54:00.581+0000) > > Hi, Am OP my board account got banned because of mod abuse. > When I say gen2-4 were kinda balanced I compare them with current generations, I mean at least we didn't have landarus and one of the 3 tapus as a necessary core mon for an ou team. Generations 3 and 4 had similar balance issues. Gen 3 had Tyranitar and Spikes completely dominating the metagame. Gen 4 had Heatran, Salamence, Garchomp and Latios (until the latter 3 were banned) as well as being the generation that completely exasperated the baton pass teams resulting in only one pokemon being allowed to carry the move per team. Not to mention that this generation introduced Stealth Rock, which has been 100% necessary on every team since its inception. > I disagree there is original and cool designs such as nidoking and scizor and lazy designs like the ice-cream with three head vanillux and garbador whose literally garbage. Don't forget that they will introduce the thing called dynamaxing this gen, do you honestly think that its a great idea? what does it add to the gameplay? And there are cool designs in gen 5 such as Hydreigon, Haxorus, Excadrill, Zoroark, Braviary and Chandelure, just to name a few and Pokémon in gen 1 that are just as lazy as Vanilliuxe - Magneton and Dugtrio and literally just 3 Magnemite and Diglett's stuck to each other, as well as Voltorb, Electrode and Ditto. I am also curious as to what makes Garbodor so offensive, but doesn't also apply to Muk and Grimer, who are also just piles of sludge? The newest games have recently turned into a huge shit show so we really don't need to talk about those.
: How free market ruins gaming industry and all artistic products
No generation of Pokemon has been balanced at all and if you think it was then you really have no idea about the state of the competitive scene for each generation. Not to mention how every generation has had outstanding designs that could easily be considered the 'best' designed pokemon and each generation also has pokemon that could be argued as the worst. Take off your rose tinted glasses.
Kazekiba (NA)
: Edit: **_THIS IS SARCASM, IT IS A PARODY OF RIOT'S CLASSIC RESPONSE_** Its just about who fits the theme. Riot felt that Kaisa and Yasuo really *act* like classic video game characters either through playstyles or personalities. It's not that Riot refuses to make skins for champions with a playerbase under 20 million; it just happens that some champions are a natural fit for what ever theme makes its way around the office! (Pretty much what theyre going to say. Also skins are super expensive to make so they prefer to get a little more bang for their work. That is also bs btw.)
Non human characters fit this theme infinitely better than realistic, humanoid characters. How many of the classic, upbeat, retro style video games have realistic humans in them? None. Mario - Nope, Zelda - Not until recently, Sonic - Nope, Pacman - Nope. The list goes on. At best the human champions just look like they're doing modern cosplays with a retro arcade aesthetic, which at the very least Kai'Sa and Caitlyn also fall into, but Yasuo? He honestly does not fit this theme at all. He's literally just a deep blue colour with fewer polygons... Not to mention his role as a sort of hero in the lore, whereas in the arcade universe he is straight up a villain.
: > [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sOQwLMkB,comment-id=001a000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-02T20:01:37.234+0000) > > I didn't say all of them. I didn't even say they don't enjoy playing 'sexy' champions. I said most don't enjoy playing as champions with unnaturally large breasts, invisible waists and shapely hips. So most women don't enjoy playing as Sona and MF? That doesn't seem quite right.
Because there's a disturbing lack of adult, human, female alternatives.
: > [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sOQwLMkB,comment-id=001a0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-02T18:22:56.176+0000) > > Muscular male characters are made that way to appeal to the male fantasy. Men work out to such extremes for themselves, not because they want to be as attractive as possible. Women are encouraged to work out, become slim, wear make up etc. to be pretty for men. How is this such a difficult concept for you? > > What makes you think women think having huge breasts, as little clothing as possible and unnaturally shapely figures figures as 'beautiful?' (Most of them don't). Men are made this way to appeal to the males that play them, whilst women are made the way they are to also appeal to the men that play games. Sounds like you live in a bubble. I know plenty of women that like female characters being sexy and playing as said characters just as much as men do.
> [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sOQwLMkB,comment-id=001a00000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-02T18:33:40.288+0000) > > Sounds like you live in a bubble. I know plenty of women that like female characters being sexy and playing as said characters just as much as men do. I didn't say all of them. I didn't even say they don't enjoy playing 'sexy' champions. I said most don't enjoy playing as champions with unnaturally large breasts, invisible waists and shapely hips.
: Yes, because I obviously look exactly like Darius, Garen, Braum, Taric, Kratos, Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Agent 47, or any of the dozen other outrageously buff males that are dominant in the gaming industry. Clearly, male gamers want character that look just like them, and that's why the next protagonist in God of War is actually going to be an overweight neckbeard living in his mother's basement. Video games aren't about "realistic proportions." They're fantasy escapism. The men are outrageously buff because guys like being outrageously buff. Women tend to be unbelievably beautiful because women like being considered beautiful.
Muscular male characters are made that way to appeal to the male fantasy. Men work out to such extremes for themselves, not because they want to be as attractive as possible. Women are encouraged to work out, become slim, wear make up etc. to be pretty for men. How is this such a difficult concept for you? What makes you think women think having huge breasts, as little clothing as possible and unnaturally shapely figures figures as 'beautiful?' (Most of them don't). Men are made this way to appeal to the males that play them, whilst women are made the way they are to also appeal to the men that play games.
Haziv (EUW)
: @Reav3 , when will Dr.Mundo get his VGU?
The issue with updating Mundo is that what they proposed to keep post update were the very things that make him too problematic currently. They wanted to keep his ability to mow down carries whilst regening through all of the damage he takes.
Görgoroth (EUNE)
: Fiddlesticks and Voli are the winners of VGU vote.
Fiddle needs it more than any of them, but with the recent story additions to Volibear, he definitely has the most exciting VGU with the most potential.
: With your post as long as it is, I can't address each point individually. So you'll have to bear with me on some of this. I didn't say Kai'Sa was LACKING in sex appeal, just that they avoided a lot that they could have done. Congratulations on that reading comprehension. Also, Kai'Sa's lore is outright horrible. It is so Mary Sue that I'm disgusted that it was approved in the first place. She's attractive, sure. But that's it. Her personality is flatter than a sheet of paper and her story makes Miss Fortune's seem well written in comparison despite Miss Fortune being a classic and cliche femme fatale with a thirst for vengeance that will only allow one thing to quench it. Nidalee is also far from out of whack proportions. They are still quite plausible from a realistic standpoint. And guess what, every other League woman falls under that same "within realistic" range. MF had actually gotten reductions in her splash art so that she too was within that range. The only part that's outright unrealistic is that almost all humanoid League champions are up to those standards. Not just women, but the men as well. The only exceptions that immediately come to mind are Urgot, Sion and Ornn. So perhaps you should expand your complaint to the men of League as well? Or are you somehow fine with one-way sexualization? Because if you are, then that makes you sexist. ---------- This is where I gotta ask, again, why do real world standards need applied? This is supposed to be a fictional world. If all Marksmen champs have unlimited ammo (with or without reload mechanics), then why is it suddenly too much to ask for body types that are unlikely yet 100% believable? ---------- Tierney acts like she's speaking for all women and I don't like that. It sounds like she would decry any female who disagreed with her or didn't like her opinion. Women's Media Center acts like game developers were deliberately pushing the envelope of sexism for decades. And that's not just presumptuous, it's biased and narrative pushing. The Guardian asks for forced diversity to match the real world. Bias, narrative, an ultimately unrealistic as well because I can guarantee they'd make that complaint in games where it doesn't make sense. Your survey sample was also 7 females. That's WAY too small to be considered a valid source of information. It's no different from having a poll of 2 options, and knowing 8/10 participants will vote for the same option while claiming it's a country-wide 80% agreement. It doesn't work in terms of "yes, this is the general opinion". ---------- I'm going to disregard the first part due to the improperly surveyed nature you're basing it on. Second part? Depends on if it matters within the game. Does the game require that measurement for actual gameplay? If not, then it shouldn't. For that reason, women shouldn't have their measurements listed on the same virtue. But on the flip side, these appearances are still generally relevant because of Riot wanting to make sure that characters are easily recognizable for the purpose of "Gameplay Clarity". That doesn't mean we get any measurements, but it does help us know what information our brain needs to pull up for a given match. ---------- And if you'll actually read, you understand why I'm not simply dismissing your information. I didn't just read the articles. I took into account wording, what was discussed, and how it was discussed. Articles can be both opinion and/or fact based. The worst articles typically do both, often by twisting facts to push that their opinions are the correct ones. I've already pointed out how at least one of those articles pushes for forced diversity. Like it or not, forced diversity is bad. Because then, no matter how much someone might not fit in, it should be included anyway to meet a quota. Guild Wars Nightfall Expansion had an area where all of the natives were some form of dark skin. This made sense because it was an area heavily saturated by sunlight and desert. It does not make any sense for natives to include those as pale as ghosts even as a minority nor does it make sense to make the population as varied as the United States population. This is what it means to use critical thinking. You don't just take people at their word. ---------- There are two problems with this paragraph that lead me to dismiss it entirely. 1. Sample size of 7 others used as the argument. 2. You're still pushing for real world standards in a fictional setting. You can't seem to separate what's supposed to be fiction from reality. And that is its own disorder. In games where you have characters launching fireballs, throwing ice balls, summoning lightning, summoning gods, and so many other completely unrealistic activities; you somehow still think it's a good idea to ENFORCE realistic standards on bodies. If we were to truly have realistic standards across all games, I can guarantee that most of the characters in games would no longer be attractive, no more cool and flashy abilities, no more respawn mechanics, no game saving, and pretty much anything else that can't happen in real life would be prohibited from being featured in a game. At that point, let's go ahead and require that all stories of fiction apply standards that have basis in real world events and no fantasy or futuristic stories can be written ever again. If that last paragraph doesn't explain just how absurd your reasoning is, then there's no helping you. ---------- Mental health and science are currently pretty new. There's still tons we don't understand about how the human brain works or why certain events trigger different reactions in otherwise very similar individuals. Social and Media climates, while they can influence what happens, are far from being the base factors in why various disorders come up. ---------- I actually think it has been a very fair claim because of your argument "humanoids must follow real world standards in a fictional world". If this standard was truly applied, we would lose most comics, many TV shows, fantasy genre, futuristic science fiction genre, super heroes, animated cartoons and so much more because "human body shape" wasn't enough. In the end, I feel like your argument truly boils down to "I don't like what you like, therefore you shouldn't have it". After failing to produce any wide spread studies on "what female gamers want" or anything else to substantially back up your claims regarding video games, I don't feel like we will ever come to any sort of agreement on standards outside of "disagree". Rather, I should ask "is it really so bad I enjoy that in my video games?" Because at no point have I claimed that what I want in my video games is in any way realistic or should be expected in the real world. If you want more realistically proportioned characters, great. You can find plenty of games with that even though I probably won't enjoy them for the same reasons.
- Kai'Sa being attractive is completely contradictory to her lore in any way shape or form. No one could survive in even the wild in the real world for years and look that good, without a proper diet, exercise and basic hygiene necessities. - I think at this point we are not going to agree on what 'realistic' body proportions are so I'll leave you with this sentiment. If we assume that this body shape is plausible in real life then they are the absolute minority and there is simply no way that these individuals are as common as Riot would have you believe. In recent years, however, League actually has been improving their female characters to look both attractive AND realistic - just look at Xayah, Jinx and Illaoi, who all deviate from the almost copy and pasted model that most of the other adult, human females have. - There are a few key differences between the sexualisation of men and the sexualisation of women, namely that men are shirtless and muscular to fulfill the male fantasy, whereas women are scantily clad, with these proportions again to fulfill the male fantasy. I looked online to find a survey asking which champion women would date, but unfortunately couldn't find one. The closest I could find was a more general discussion that wasn't directed to one gender. Of all the answers that seemed to be from women, the most common answers were - Rakan, Ezreal, Kayn and Braum. (People that chose Braum almost always clarified that they chose him for his bubbly personality). Of these characters the only one that is particularly sexualised is Kayn and I really dislike the line about him 'preferring not to wear clothes' as, like you said, it just seems like a completely unnecessary attempt at promoting him with sex appeal other than making him a compelling character in his own right. Rakan is also shirtless and in shape, however this all makes sense in regards to his role as 'the charmer' and I can accept this kind of sexualisation in the same way that I can accept Evelynn being overly sexual. - In your post you mention that Tryndamere is extremely sexual as he is ripped and shirtless, however I don't believe I saw a single individual say that they'd most like to date him. - Because these are real world issues for women and as you said, you should get to play video games to escape real world issues. There is no reason for them to have comments made about their bodies on a daily basis and then go home and see that in this video game, all of the female characters they have to play as push these beauty ideals onto them as well. How many jokes do you see about Jinx being flat? Well a large number of skinny women in real life don't have particularly large breasts either and have to experience similar jokes in real life as well. - There really is no point in discussing this topic with you further. I have presented you with multiple articles saying the exact same thing and yet you seem to believe they are all unreliable for some reason or another. I would love to publish the survey myself to more than just 7 people, unfortunately I do not have the reach/resources to get many more in such a short period of time. If you can read through 3 articles from different people without acknowledging that there may be at least a slight problem then I don't think you're qualified to be having such debates. - Using the internet to find sources is unreliable at best, especially something that isn't based in facts, such as 'what do all women want in video games' so I urge you to stop looking at these articles as 'unreliable sources that have flaws in their writing structure' and instead show more empathy on the matter. Instead of saying 'this article is wrong because it is just one women voicing her opinion and this one is wrong because it doesn't give sources' how about thinking that these all seem to correlate the same message, maybe there is some sort of issue here. I haven't even gone onto Tumblr yet if you want me to find bulk numbers of people who have similar sentiments to these articles. - Might I ask what your gender/sexuality/race is? Because if you are anything other than a cis, straight, white, male then I don't understand how you can possibly believe that diversity in video games and all media is a bad thing. - Again you seem to be confusing the difference between pure fantasy and problematic issues in real life being pushed to the extreme under the guise of 'hehe it's just make believe!' Would a game that gives you the option to murder exclusively people of colour be okay? With your logic it's fine since it's just a video game! - "If we were to truly have realistic standards across all games, I can guarantee that most of the characters in games would no longer be attractive" That's down to the developers, as it's extremely easy to make realistic looking people attractive, as you can quite literally use realistic people as templates. - As you said, it's very new, so neither of us can claim definitively one way or the other just how important it is in influencing anorexia in particular, though I do still stand by my statement of claiming that fewer young girls would have died from the disease if the media didn't push it's extreme thinness ideology so hard. - Comics have already been through this thematic shift. The old Wonder Woman had similar proportions to most of the women in League today. Her breasts were large, her waist was tiny, and her hips were curved. She showed a lot of skin and her vulnerabilities were to men tying her up with her own lasso. Skip forward to the modern day and she is much less curvaceous, has a good amount of muscle for how strong she is supposed to be and shows much less skin. As previously stated, there's nothing wrong with attractive, or even sexy men or women. The issue comes with how it's implemented. Why does this human woman have such large breasts and have so much cleavage showing when she spent her life in Hell? {{champion:145}} Why is this powerful, ancient figure, who has swayed the course of history for eons, wear a bonafide S and M outfit? {{champion:7}} etc. - League is definitely trying to make steps to become more inclusive for women and is actually making good progress in creating a diverse roster of women who are simultaneously attractive, realistic and not overly sexualised, when they don't need to be. Just look at the two most recent adult female humans (not including Kai'Sa) {{champion:498}} and {{champion:518}} The issue comes from people like you, throwing a hissy fit when women are starting to be treated like human beings within the League community. At this point I feel as though we are at an impasse and even though I tried, I don't believe you actually want to listen to any of my points nor learnt anything from what I've said. Even if I have learnt some things from you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sOQwLMkB,comment-id=001a000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-26T01:24:15.705+0000) > > Making legitimately sexist statements and then putting it in the "memes and games" category does NOT justify the statements and doesn't suddenly make it okay. With this logic it would be okay for a player to post explicitly racist things in this category and not be published because it was a 'clear joke since it was on the 'memes and games' boards?' Apparently it's sexist to ask for sexy skins for a specific gender or for more sexualized females champions after the past dozen had avoided it. Even Kai'Sa avoided a lot of the potential sexualization and some people still lost their minds when she had a V neck. > You really don't need a source to realise that a woman with breasts the size of her head, with little to no muscle or fat on her body, would suffer from chronic muscle fatigue if they were to exist in real life. The fact you need a 'credible source' to understand this is laughable. Biology facts: Muscles can be strong without being big. All physical attributes can be trained much like the mind can. Women have different bone and muscle structures from men, leading to the average woman being less physically capable than the average man. Women have been shown to have weaker spatial awareness compared to men. I guess even Biology is sexist, and that's a fact-based science. > What question? The statement about Kotaku that I never even hinted at bringing up and is a completely separate matter? Yes, my fault for not thinking that was at all relevant to our discussion. Clearly it's me who's the idiot. You made the claim that female gamers wanted realistically proportioned and well-written female characters. You did not source this claim and I included several facts that do not support your claim. > https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2017-12-05/study-women-valued-for-physical-attractiveness - This study shows that over a third of women feel that their appearence is what society values most about them. Over a third of women believe that they're physical appearance is more highly valued than their education, intelligence and personality. Do you think video games and other pieces of media portraying women in such sexual ways, even if it's irrelevant to their character, helps this mindset at all? My guess is probably not. So even if this is intended as 'just a joke' on your end, for the people you're joking about, it's a very VERY serious issue. All of this is refuted on the idea that games are supposed to break away from reality. There are plenty of people these days claiming that games need forced diversity, forced messages and otherwise need to be a platform for telling people how to think BEFORE being a product of entertainment. Those people are the types who want to control you and deprive you of free will. They don't want you to have fun. They don't want you to leave reality for an hour or two by playing something with a setting completely irrelevant to the real world. Besides, ever notice how so many games recycle models between males/females? Pretty unrealistic to expect every man/woman within a race to have the exact same body shape (or one of X specific variants) unless you're somehow a VIP in that particular universe. > Now then, let's move on to a more shocking statistic - the sheer number of women that are unhappy with their appearance. https://metro.co.uk/2016/10/20/three-quarters-of-women-are-unhappy-with-the-way-they-look-6204437/ I've searched through several articles like this and despite the results on this survery stating that over 70% of women are unhappy with how they look, it is actually one of the lowest scores when compared to the others. Other articles claim that potentially 90%+ of women are unhappy with their appearance. However for men, the results seem to suggest that only 20-40% were unhappy with how they look. And we can just as quickly blame media outside of video games. Television shows and Movies generally aren't going to take on newcomers who are unattractive. The older actors get a pass because they've had a history in acting. Advertisements as a whole are also problematic. Right now, I just see you putting all of the blame on video games, where most of it is hand crafted and not based on real people. What bugs me most about that second article is that there is no link to the survey. It just claims it was taken. That comes off as unreliable and therefore does not support your argument. This is what I mean by "source your information". Kotaku will title their articles to make it sound like some issues are bigger than they really are. Rather than "I am offended by this thing" they title it "Fans are offended by this thing" and they do that for the purpose of misrepresenting the facts, aka bias and pushing a message. If an article doesn't source where its information came from, it's not something I will immediately trust. All I know on that article is that the survey was taken in Britain and didn't say how many people were surveyed. They didn't even give the agency who did the surveying. > All I'm saying is there's a reason anorexia and other eating disorders are considerably more common in women than in men and the media's focus on women's appearance is believe to be one of the leading causes. Again, Video Games aren't the only media here and Video Games are predominantly played by men. This is not to mean the industry is male dominated, just more popular with men AND THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE. > So maybe instead of making a 'joke' about sexism in video games, educate yourself and realise that there's a real issue going on in today's society that you are contributing to. Would you make this same joke if you had a daughter or a sister quite literally killing herself because she doesn't believe she is conventionally attractive according to the media's perception of women? I don't play video games to worry about real world issues. I play video games to entertain/challenge myself. If I'm sexist for that, I'll bear that as a badge of honor. Also, there aren't any females who are killing themselves SOLELY over media's perception of women and how they should be portrayed. There's always more to it. It's pretty ignorant to claim that it's solely the fault of media if a female is doing that. Next time, use a little logic. It will go a long way towards making your arguments for you. I don't want to hear any more from you because it's clear that you're not going to put up anything worthwhile.
I am not sure in what way you can possibly not think it's sexist? The fact you're attempting to use Kai'Sa as an example of a champion lacking in sex appeal in honestly mind boggling. Thought at this point it's quite clear you only look at these champions for their bodies and not their lore. So, I believe before we go any further I need to quickly explain Kai'Sa's lore and why her appearance is so utterly ridiculous - When Kai'Sa was only a child she was trapped inside of the void. The place that Riot's storytelling team are trying to tell us is the single most awful place in all of existence, filled with nightmarish horrors that are breaking through the fabric of reality to bring destruction to absolutely everything. Even being near the place can cause horrific mutations and quite literally cause you to go insane. Kai'Sa spent most of her life inside this place and how does she look like surviving in this place? Well she is a carbon cut out of the very thing we're talking about - big breasted, very slim and absolutely no disfigurements what so ever. Apparently the creature she defeated as a human child and subsequently was moulded to is now strong enough to protect her this completely... Now please tell me what sort of advantage this cleavage gap provides Kai'Sa in a combat situation? The void born abominations are not going to be distracted by her sex appeal. All it does is leave an extremely vulnerable opening around the chest area that is almost guaranteed to get her killed. Now compare her to a character like Nidalee, whose appearance makes a lot more sense. Her entire outfit is extremely traditional for how we would expect a human living in the jungle would dress. She is essentially female Tarzan in that regards. Though, again, her proportions are COMPLETELY out of whack. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You're absolutely right! You don't have to be rippling in muscles to be physically strong! But that still doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of these women in League would suffer from chronic back pain, should they exist in real life and I'm sorry to say, but chances are that they'd likely get breast reduction surgery to fix it. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Here are a couple of articles of women explicitly stating that female video game characters that follow the trope of huge breasts, tiny waists and curvaceous hips is not what they look for in a video game. http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/impact/women.html This one shows some pretty staggering statistics about women in video games as both consumers and characters. For example - 90% of playable characters in video games are men. http://www.womensmediacenter.com/fbomb/the-big-breasted-curse-of-women-in-video-games Both of these articles were written by women. And if those aren't enough for you, I did my own little investigation and reached out to some of my friends whom I share a mutual Discord server with and asked them the following question: ** If you had to play as one of the following types of female, which would you choose?** a) a sexualised women, with extremely large, disproportionate breasts, very skinny and massively curvaceous hips despite it having no relevance to their backstory, personality or established lore. b) an attractive and traditionally 'sexy' appearance, however everything is realistically proportioned and nothing is massively exaggerated to the point where it couldn't possibly exist in real life and everything is relevant to their backstory, personality and established lore. c) an attractive woman who isn't sexualised at all. I managed to ask 7 people this question and quite literally all of them answered B or C. With several mentioning how much they straight up did not like A at all. https://gyazo.com/cf5f9e5f105a0e84968a0743d90fb32a Is all of this too 'click baity' too? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As I stated above, playable female characters in video game make up around 10% and as also mentioned above women don't seem to enjoy playing as characters so obviously sexualised for no reason other than to fulfill male pleasure then it's obviously quite difficult for them to use these as methods of escaping reality. How would you feel if Riot started posting every single male champions' penis size and they were all above 13 inches? What if women then started laughing at YOUR penis for not being the clearly unrealistic penis measurement the champions' had? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am not stating anorexia and low self esteem is a result only of video games, it basically is all forms of media and if someone made a similar post to this regarding a different media outlet, I'd be telling them the same thing, but since you're explicitly asking for more sexualised champions in League of Legends, I feel it's most relevant to talk prominently about unnecessary oversexualisation in video games specifically. Heck, since most women don't play video games, this media format is arguably the least problematic. Nonetheless it is still problematic. I apologise, but I don't understand why you would need a link to the survey? It is no more difficult to fabricate a fake survey than it is to fabricate a fake news article. Hopefully my own survey that I constructed myself is legitimate enough for you. What I find truly fascinating is how you disregard all of the information I'm presenting to you, whilst not bring anything of your own to the table. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There is really nothing wrong with having some characters designed for the sole purpose of satisfying a male audience and as the above survey I conducted myself shows, women have no issue with playing as sexual characters so long as they are proportionate and don't forcibly make their sexual regions so drastically unrealistic. Do you not believe that women can be sexy unless they are given bodies so drastically out of proportion that they couldn't possibly exist in real life without suffering from major physical pain. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You made an excellent point there. When you play video games you don't want to have to deal with real world issues. So why is it different for women? Why should they have to start up a video game to be greeted by a roster of adult, female characters who are almost entirely comprised of overly sexualised women? Why do they have to log into League of Legends for the first time and instantly be reminded that a large part of the world views them only for their bodies? Not only that, but that the bodies they have aren't good enough for men? Would you be uncomfortable if every male champion walked around with their tesicles hanging out? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mental illness is an interesting topic as it's almost completely different for each case and scientists have many different theories as to what causes just about all of them. Chemicals in the brain, genetics, the social and economic climate, the media etc. as some of the main forms of what causes them. So whilst it's unlikely that women quite literally starve themselves to death SOLELY because of the media's obsession with being extremely skinny I am confident in saying that if the media promoted a more diverse range of body images then there would be a drop in anorexia cases. https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/media-eating-disorders --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Use a little logic? That seems a little unfair given that I have presented my opinion and posted links with studies that back up my claims whilst you didn't. All you've done is present your beliefs and refused to listen to anything I've had to say. So I really believe the sentiments should be reversed. I don't want to hear from you anymore since it's clear you're not going to put up anything worthwhile.
: I made the title click bait for a reason. The sub board we're in should suggest to you that I'm not serious about this. I also asked you to give me a source. I wasn't immediately claiming I was in the right. The only other part I said was "avoid biased sites that won't source their articles". Now you're dodging the question and straight up attacking me? Yeah, you lost before you even replied originally. You are very much wrong and are an even bigger joke than the thread.
Making legitimately sexist statements and then putting it in the "memes and games" category does NOT justify the statements and doesn't suddenly make it okay. With this logic it would be okay for a player to post explicitly racist things in this category and not be published because it was a 'clear joke since it was on the 'memes and games' boards?' You really don't need a source to realise that a woman with breasts the size of her head, with little to no muscle or fat on her body, would suffer from chronic muscle fatigue if they were to exist in real life. The fact you need a 'credible source' to understand this is laughable. What question? The statement about Kotaku that I never even hinted at bringing up and is a completely separate matter? Yes, my fault for not thinking that was at all relevant to our discussion. Clearly it's me who's the idiot. https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2017-12-05/study-women-valued-for-physical-attractiveness - This study shows that over a third of women feel that their appearence is what society values most about them. Over a third of women believe that they're physical appearance is more highly valued than their education, intelligence and personality. Do you think video games and other pieces of media portraying women in such sexual ways, even if it's irrelevant to their character, helps this mindset at all? My guess is probably not. So even if this is intended as 'just a joke' on your end, for the people you're joking about, it's a very VERY serious issue. Now then, let's move on to a more shocking statistic - the sheer number of women that are unhappy with their appearance. https://metro.co.uk/2016/10/20/three-quarters-of-women-are-unhappy-with-the-way-they-look-6204437/ I've searched through several articles like this and despite the results on this survery stating that over 70% of women are unhappy with how they look, it is actually one of the lowest scores when compared to the others. Other articles claim that potentially 90%+ of women are unhappy with their appearance. However for men, the results seem to suggest that only 20-40% were unhappy with how they look. All I'm saying is there's a reason anorexia and other eating disorders are considerably more common in women than in men and the media's focus on women's appearance is believe to be one of the leading causes. So maybe instead of making a 'joke' about sexism in video games, educate yourself and realise that there's a real issue going on in today's society that you are contributing to. Would you make this same joke if you had a daughter or a sister quite literally killing herself because she doesn't believe she is conventionally attractive according to the media's perception of women?
: Compelling characters require being in a story driven game to be effective. If the gameplay focus is not on story or does not have a solid story behind it, then the next best thing is attractive. And I'd love to see your source on "only realistic proportions". Because you pretty much can't trust any games urinalist sites like Kotaku or anything else that would claim stupid shit for the sake of click bait articles where the writer even admits to not playing the damn game in the first place.
The fact you quite literally claim that you're sexist in your title and are now claiming that you're in the right is utterly mind boggling to me. League of Legends IS a story driven game. Every single character has an extensive lore behind them bar a select few. I don't need a source to know that the large majority of the women in League would struggle with chronic and severe physical disabilities if they were to exist in real life.
: Yes, I'm sure girls are lining up to play video games as female characters that are straight up ugly with no ability to do anything beyond exist.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sOQwLMkB,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2019-05-25T14:25:47.882+0000) > > Yes, I'm sure girls are lining up to play video games as female characters that are straight up ugly with no ability to do anything beyond exist. I believe they are queueing up to play as compelling characters who have realistic body proportions and aren't judged entirely by how they look :) If you interacted with more than 0 women then I think you'd know that.
: As a sexist gamer, I'm offended
I think you're majorly mistaking 'female empowerment fantasies' with 'male fantasies'.
: > [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=njk32rpo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-19T01:06:50.773+0000) > > What's your standard run for now with her? > > I know my playstyle's not what people are going with as standard, but have you messed with a tankier/aura-centric build? > > I had horrible ping spikes when I was testing it out and still ended 2/2/22. Flash juked a clown with 600 ping, still was very relevant despite my internet issues because attaching yourself to a Diana while building Abyssal and Frozen Heart means she's pretty much good to go as long as you use everything. GLP Ghosts _maybe_ Censer, DCap, Luden's. As nice as Cut Down is to have, I like: Glacial Augment 2-1-1 Sorcery 2-1 Transcendence ends up giving me 60+ AP. It's kind of crazy.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=njk32rpo,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-19T02:07:04.781+0000) > > GLP Ghosts _maybe_ Censer, DCap, Luden's. > > As nice as Cut Down is to have, I like: > Glacial Augment 2-1-1 > Sorcery 2-1 > > Transcendence ends up giving me 60+ AP. It's kind of crazy. I feel as though Ingenious Hunter is mandatory when going the Glacial Augment build.
: > [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nUIsrdGA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-17T10:15:06.621+0000) > > Old Kassadin spits in his face. kassadin is 0 compared to old jax and xin
> [{quoted}](name=Heko The Man,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nUIsrdGA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-17T10:44:57.052+0000) > > kassadin is 0 compared to old jax and xin Yeah, that's factually untrue.
: Jax was the most OP champ in history of league of legends.
Ligseo (EUW)
: Break Ezreal and Vayne knees
Interesting that your main claim to disliking Vayne is her ability to destroy tanks and then suggest that Kog should be meta, despite arguably doing even better against tanks?
: Yuumi Needs to Be Reworked
I feel as though Yuumi belongs in a completely alternate universe where champions other than ADC's can go bot lane, namely fighters. Simply put, Yuumi doesn't provide enough protection for her ADC. She has a rather underwhelming heal, arguably the worst shield in the game, since she can't give it whenever she wants to and her only CC, outside of a gimmicky slow, is a root, that takes about a second to activate and doesn't even last for 2 seconds. Since ADC's are so reliant on having protection from either massive utility or massive CC, Yuumi doesn't really give them this. But for champions who can without a support I.E every other class in the game she actually feels like she does something.
Critty92 (EUNE)
: Why are you people crying about Yuumi?
There hasn't been a win rate this low on a champion release since Syndra... when almost all of her abilities were so buggy that they didn't even work most of the time. Even release Bard had a significantly higher win rate. Even the most mechanically intensive champions such as Azir and Kalista had a higher win rate upon release and no - her ult is not better than Sona's in any way, shape or form.
: Are we allowed to say the Tahm Kench changes were a mistake yet?
You mean how they actually made him a relevant champion? How he's no longer stuck at a 42% win rate? How he's no longer just one completely toxic mechanic and nothing else? How if Riot do think he's OP they can nerf him without making him the worst champion in the game? That kind of 'ruined'?
: So basically you want to say it is a waste to vote for Dr. Mundo, because Riot dares to keep his thematic intact....? The cleavers and his insane regeneration are what **Mundo is**. It is like complaining that they let Nunu keep his consume, or Akali got to keep her shroud. How dare they letting Yorick keep his shovel and ghouls? They always try to grasp what is really defining the champion and want to keep it as far as possible. And just because they said they want to keep his super healing, they actually never stated that his R will stay unchanged. They **have** to keep his healing, but that doesn't mean they can't change it to be more satisfying for both, Mundo's opponents and his players.
Yes... The toxic elements of his thematic that have stopped him from ever being allowed to be relevant, less he create an extremely miserable experience for whomever he's playing against? Yeah, I think we could see with those parts of his kits being removed. Riot have almost ALWAYS removed the toxic elements of champions kits - remember old Poppy? What did you think of when you saw her? Her ultimate? Most likely. Well that was removed complete. Why? Because it's an insanely toxic mechanic with little to no counter play. You really want to make out like Akali keeping her shroud is a good thing? Like the entire Akali rework hasn't been a complete disaster? Interesting hill to die on but okay. But okay, let's hope Mundo wins and he keeps his insane bruiser levels of damage + insane healing. I'm sure he won't be forced into the exact same situation he's in right now because players find playing against him one of the truly least interactive experiences in League of Legends. :)
: Proof Morgana is a terrible champion
Morgana is not a 1v9 type of champion. If you get fed but the rest of your team does poorly then I'm sorry, but you likely won't win. By contrast, if you do poorly, but someone else on your team does well, then you can always assist them by setting up kills for them as well as protecting them from CC. Of course a fed Illaoi will beat a fed Morgana, there aren't many utility mages that could beat her.
: Reasons why I think Dr. Mundo deserves the 2020 VGU spot the most
I would agree whole heartedly, but I think voting for Mundo is a waste. In their polls they gave a little insight as to how they'd change each of these champions and for Mundo they said they'd keep his insane health regen, bruiser playstyle and his cleavers - basically the things that have made him toxic in the past and cause him to be permanently week due to the lack of counter play in his kit. (He's either so tanky he runs at you and murders your entire team whilst regening any of the damage he manages to deal to you or he runs in and does absolutely nothing).
: Lets talk about nerfs...
It's extremely unlikely that Riot will nerf Kata unless her win rate improves rather significantly at every elo.
: 3v3 is fun but can you at least do SOME balancing? Why does even ARAM have better balance now
It's completely insane how they promote this game by offering ranked rewards for it, whilst doing absolutely nothing to balance it
: Auto-fill BS
Either a bug or you accidentally had the wrong roles selected. There should be no other way you would get autofilled.
: Udyr isnt even on the list? Really?
I believe he is currently guaranteed for a rework at the moment so having an option to vote for him isn't really necessary
: The Tahm Kench changes are epic level terrible
The nerfed the toxic elements of his kit to massively buff the parts that were fine. I don't see how this is a loss in any way, shape or form.
: Please delete autofill for ranks below Diamond, and make it optional at higher ranks.
If autofill has to exist, then you should always put 2 autofilled players against each other. The fact someone can be autofilled top despite potentially not even playing the role once against a 2 million mastery points Riven OTP is disgusting.
: Average rank was adjacent, and where the fuck are you seeing smurfs?
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M8c3L38h,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-09T12:39:17.462+0000) > > Average rank was adjacent, and where the fuck are you seeing smurfs? 1 player with an 82% win rate, 1 player with an 87% win rate and 1 player with a 72% win rate; I think it's quite clear who's smurfing.
Rioter Comments
: Is it time to revisit (get rid of) autofill yet?
Autofill is a necessary evil. Queue times in high elo would be absolutely unbearable for some players, however it is so far from perfect that it's honestly pathetic that Riot hasn't looked to tweak it slightly to make the entire system less frustrating as a whole. The main 2 issues I have with autofill is that it occurs too often and is often inconsiderate of the enemies you're facing (i.e. putting an autofilled player against a player who mains their role). I think autofill would be a lot less frustrating if they worked on these two issues.
Brock147 (NA)
: Riot's 10 multi-million dollar idea
Take off your rose tinted glasses and you'll probably find that every single problem with League today existed then as well. The passage of time just revealed them to you now instead of then
: 1. In normals I usually play Janna or Soraka. However a few weeks ago I played Nami, who I haven't played in normals in probably over a year. Pretty sure going from just Janna/Soraka to Nami, and doing well, would look a little suspicious since I don't play her at all in normals... 2. I don't really understand this one so... leaving this for someone else. 3. I don't play ranked. I sometimes do better then others who do play ranked and are in high elos that I play against. I also sometimes do worse then them. Seems a little off to judge just because someones normal mmr is high enough to be with high-ranked players or a high-ranked player has a low mmr to put them with low mmr players. 4. I feel this would just tag people for trying something out even if they're not trolling, which wouldn't be a very good thing. Sometimes weird, off-meta picks actually work really well, and isn't always a sign of trolling. 5, 6, 7, 8: These just sounds like hell for support mains. Sometimes we have a high number of deaths with low assists. Sometimes we die in weird places. Sometimes we die because we flashed into the Blitz hook for our adc. We're support mains. We support our team. Sometimes that means dying in a dumb way to help our team. Doesn't mean we're trolling. 9. Sounds like hell for first picks and first/second picks for the second team. I've seen a lot of times people who were first pick got counter-picked on the enemy team, and those who counter picked the first/second pick on the team that picked second. Tagging someone for trolling just because they got counter picked doesn't help them. 10. I had a Soraka game where I kept throwing my q into the edge of the bush because the enemy support was a Teemo who kept sitting there. I've also seen Trundle and Anivia players place their pillar/wall in awkward places because they heard a Sion ult. Not to mention the glitch with Guardian of the Sands Xerath and his first ult automatically launching onto Xerath. And Annie, I see many Annie players use their e or w at nothing to get their stun up. There's a lot of spells that could be seen as used to troll, even when they weren't. Imagine how many Bard's would get reported for trolling and tagged because their ult didn't work as they planned/hoped it would. 11. Support/Tank/Fed teammate isn't there. Teamfight starts. Everyone dies but the one not there. One not there now gets reported for trolling because they weren't there, so they didn't cast any spells, and are now counted as trolling by the system. Yes, Riot has the information. No, someones stats not matching up to Fakers doesn't mean they're trolling. It's why most trolling reports are manually reviewed so Riot can be sure the person was indeed trolling and not having a bad game or just weren't there. If Riot set any part of the system to, "Kills? Yes/No. Deaths? Yes/No. How many? #. Too many? Yes/No. Assists? Yes/No. How many? #. Team kills? #. Spell count? #. Punish? Yes/No." then Riot would end up punishing people who weren't trolling just because their system saw this: "Kills? No. Deaths? Yes. How many? 15. Too many? Yes. Assists? Yes. How many? 10. Team kills? 45. Spell count? Low. Punish? Yes." Riot really doesn't need to be punishing people for having a bad game, split pushing, or doing something off meta just because their stats don't match up with the "norm".
You're not meant to look at every point individually. They'd take every single one of these points and see what it looks like across the board. If they did implement a system like this they wouldn't just ban you for going 0/12/4 in one game.
: > [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M6NEOoLV,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-04T23:35:36.690+0000) > > the events made the game mode worthwhile > > as soon as the event ended they saw players drop off NB and move back to SR Likely due to burn out. And this is about things like the scuttle race and battle royale not the event to get boarders and skins.
> [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M6NEOoLV,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-05T00:22:08.517+0000) > > Likely due to burn out. And this is about things like the scuttle race and battle royale not the event to get boarders and skins. Exactly! Having strict missions to complete, as well as the pseudo random nature of the game mode meant that I literally had to play hundreds of games of it to finally manage to complete them. I was extremely burnt out of League in general by the end, but it was easily the most fun I've ever had in League
: Replace Treeline with Nexus Blitz
The simple answer is why not both? And why not start actually balancing all of the game modes? Sure it'll take up time and resources but so what? Riot has been getting a LOT of negative press recently and it's really not hard to see why and actually working for more ways to let players enjoy their game would really help alleviate some of that. The short answer however is no - Riot only cares about money and so they only focus on their main game mode and do the bare minimum to make that functional (the fact death recap still doesn't work properly is proof of this)
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chillin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gJfRTjXb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-04T03:25:47.853+0000) > > when assessing ranked reports the weight of the punishment is harder And what of false reports?
False reports are almost always only done by a single player. Which is why I so heavily dislike the mentality of 1 report is equal to 9.
: and yet, if you took a tally by position, a vast majority of them would be for the same position as the player? There are strategies involving bans IF YOU CAN COORDINATE OR DO NOT HAVE ANY PARTICULAR BAD MATCHUPS IN YOUR POSITION, otherwise, people take the simplest approach and ban what is most dangerous for them in their position
Yes I'm sure there'd definitely be a correlation between which role you were and whom you banned, but there's no way Riot could 100% know for sure with this system. I ban Vayne, Riven and Vlad almost every game as a support main and I can't remember the last time I fought any of these three in the support role.
: with their current system, that's actually easy to do and other websites already do it... you track ban rates by the position of the player making the ban then in addition to that, pick rate has no bearing on it either
You have no way of guaranteeing which role someone is banning for and not ALL people ban champions in their role
: ***
I am reading exactly what you are saying and also replying exactly you what you're saying. Telling me to 'reread' what you're saying is utterly pointless. 55% IS absurd and obviously Riot agrees as this is the area in which a champion gets hotfixed - I imagine your version of League of Legends is not very fun to play. I am not saying that Riven doesn't deserve nerfs, I agree that she is extremely strong at the moment, I am saying that Morgana deserves them as well and is performing better every single possible metric to measure accurately how a champion is performing - Higher pick, win and ban rates. These are the three most fair and unbiased way to judge how a champion is performing without using the arbitrary measurement of how a single player feels about a champion. Please tell me in what regard Riven is outperforming Morgana in a way other than "REEE RIVEN IS STRONGER JUST CAUSE!" because this really isn't doing anything to persuade me. I don't know if it's a regional difference or something, but for me it literally says "Best picks **AGAINST** Morgana" and the list is as follows - Vel'Koz, Lulu, Sona, Zilean, Karma, Thresh, Nautilus, Alistar, Nami and Galio. So if this list is accurate (It really doesn't look like it) then your whole argument of 'Morgana is strong because of hook supports' is utter nonsense. The Morgana's you play against must not be very good then since you only have to use your spell shield to block CC and almost all of them have extremely predictable CC that you can easily see coming and therefore block. Veigar's E, Lux's Q, Vel'Koz's E, Brand's Q and Zyra's E all have a delay/relatively slow projectile speed and most of them rely on landing this CC to land the rest of their burst. Again, if Morgana lands 1 binding it will usually equal death DEPENDING ON WHICH ADC SHE HAS. And on all the lists I've looked at, mage supports aren't even in the top 16 most played supports outside of Lux so claiming they're everywhere is a bit of a stretch.
Show more

Toþykachu

Level 332 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion