Rioter Comments
: Chat Restriction??? Just look
OP, don't let any reply saying that you said anything bad get to you. You didn't. The state of the reporting system right now is that you get banned, permanently-banned for complaining or virtually ANYTHING that is literally not positive. In a game where you're pretty much put up with terrorists who hold your game in their palms with their troll picks, flame and giving up. Riot will, without hesitation, ban you for saying "yo guys can you maybe not int please?" to a troll in your game if you do it enough times.
: > [{quoted}](name=Turtles Are Okay,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T16:01:28.037+0000) > > Because one day, I will acquire enough monetary power / influence to change this. This is not something that helps anyone, but is the making of some people who are mad that they didn't find utopia in a game and also happened to be game developers. Don't get me wrong, I love games and the teams behind them and fully support them -- but this crap, hell no. Until the day that I manage to acquire that power, since I've been slowing moving towards it, I can't forget what I'm fighting for, so, even if it puts me behind bars, I won't keep quiet when I get hit in the face. Never. > XD This has to be the best statement I have ever read on here you think you will ever make it to where you wouold be able to bye League XD. You would be better off starting your own game. Either way good luck man because yea your going to need it.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosLordMadis,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=00000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-03T14:12:10.865+0000) > > XD This has to be the best statement I have ever read on here you think you will ever make it to where you wouold be able to bye League XD. You would be better off starting your own game. Either way good luck man because yea your going to need it. I've made impact on a lot of things of this world and my company has offered insights that helped very high-level decision making. I believe that, should I ever acquire the power needed to change things, I will try to impact this issue too. The world has become so sensitive and it's not ok because it's a sure way to end up destroying a lot of valuable things. The current state of things with being so sensitive that air itself hurts you isn't right. Someone at the very top decided that it should be this way and then everyone else blindly followed because a very, very small but extremely vocal minority of people started barking and everyone started thinking this is an issue. Everyday normal people go about their lives without caring about the thoughts of a 40-something childless hipster vaper from San Francisco.
: Okay make sure to post the logs so we can see that youre not leaving things said out of the story like most people who post about their punishments.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-03T03:33:33.216+0000) > > Okay make sure to post the logs so we can see that youre not leaving things said out of the story like most people who post about their punishments. Will do. All my tickets were unfortunately deleted to showcase my last ban. In a game, someone called me "super toxic". I've said "man idk, this elo mental is weird. If games can be turned in d3, surely you can turn them in gold elo." and "idk man, you've got a d3 sona 65% wr, you kinda just have to wait late game". That's toxic. Yup.
: > [{quoted}](name=Turtles Are Okay,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T16:01:28.037+0000) > > Because one day, I will acquire enough monetary power / influence to change this. This is not something that helps anyone, but is the making of some people who are mad that they didn't find utopia in a game and also happened to be game developers. Don't get me wrong, I love games and the teams behind them and fully support them -- but this crap, hell no. Until the day that I manage to acquire that power, since I've been slowing moving towards it, I can't forget what I'm fighting for, so, even if it puts me behind bars, I won't keep quiet when I get hit in the face. Never. > > It's about character and not being the mop of others to do as they please with you. > > Unfortunately, until the day I get to the point of changing this, I'll keep encountering this issue in every system I interact with. So far, I've managed to wipe out a niche industry of sensitive pricks who had nothing else to do than transform their existence into being offended by everything. I believe that I could do it at a higher level too. > > There. Because I believe in what's right and standing up for yourself as should everyone. > > (Naturally, I have said mean words to some people, the human nature doesn't allow you to be calm 24/7, so not all my sins are justified, but most are) You do realize the hypocrisy of labeling people "sensitive pricks" when you've chosen to insult someone over their gameplay in a video game, then come to a video game forum to preemptively complain about a punishment that you haven't even received yet?
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-30T17:25:54.093+0000) > > You do realize the hypocrisy of labeling people "sensitive pricks" when you've chosen to insult someone over their gameplay in a video game, then come to a video game forum to preemptively complain about a punishment that you haven't even received yet? That is only correct if you have a flawed understanding of nuanced behavior, which, well, you do. There is no hypocrisy here. Just because you complain about a thing and the thing you're saying seems to be roughly the same thing, doesn't mean it is the same thing.
: Maybe in moderation. I had a Nasus recently whose chat was almost entirely complaining and giving up. There’s a point where it crosses from commiseration to disrupting your own gameplay and disrupting the teamwork of the rest of your team.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T16:37:15.530+0000) > > Maybe in moderation. > > I had a Nasus recently whose chat was almost entirely complaining and giving up. There’s a point where it crosses from commiseration to disrupting your own gameplay and disrupting the teamwork of the rest of your team. Mute. This is not behavior that should warrant a ban. Instead, if someone is disruptive, even if it's crazy to say that, mute them. There's a difference between someone that others don't like because they play this game for their emotional refuge and anything disrupting that needs to die and someone being straight up a c*** and destroying games. It's just insane how Riot puts people who complain in the same bucket as people who say the worst things.
: Thanks for reply, there were other harassments but just wanted to know if this one could be considered racial or not.
> [{quoted}](name=Crystalysk,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HpGAJRZ9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T13:55:37.809+0000) > > Thanks for reply, there were other harassments but just wanted to know if this one could be considered racial or not. If you're insane, yes, this could be categorized as "racially-charged". If not, then it's just some random-ass dude that just said a very frequent phrase that is barely used in a racist context.
: > [{quoted}](name=Turtles Are Okay,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T15:35:53.241+0000) > > I will post the screenshot these days. Got silenced before for this exact same thing. Knowing that such behavior can get you into hot water with the system, regardless of how fair you might believe it is, why would you repeat it?
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T15:48:05.664+0000) > > Knowing that such behavior can get you into hot water with the system, regardless of how fair you might believe it is, why would you repeat it? Because one day, I will acquire enough monetary power / influence to change this. This is not something that helps anyone, but is the making of some people who are mad that they didn't find utopia in a game and also happened to be game developers. Don't get me wrong, I love games and the teams behind them and fully support them -- but this crap, hell no. Until the day that I manage to acquire that power, since I've been slowing moving towards it, I can't forget what I'm fighting for, so, even if it puts me behind bars, I won't keep quiet when I get hit in the face. Never. It's about character and not being the mop of others to do as they please with you. Unfortunately, until the day I get to the point of changing this, I'll keep encountering this issue in every system I interact with. So far, I've managed to wipe out a niche industry of sensitive pricks who had nothing else to do than transform their existence into being offended by everything. I believe that I could do it at a higher level too. There. Because I believe in what's right and standing up for yourself as should everyone. (Naturally, I have said mean words to some people, the human nature doesn't allow you to be calm 24/7, so not all my sins are justified, but most are)
: If you're a big fan of competition, then why would you support complaining? What possible competitive edge is gained by someone complaining about anything?
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-30T15:39:32.887+0000) > > If you're a big fan of competition, then why would you support complaining? What possible competitive edge is gained by someone complaining about anything? Complaining is ok. Every game that you see, everyone complains. It just seems Riot is **extremely** sensitive to it. Having someone indirectly say "f*** all of you and your time" isn't competition.
: so you're complaining about something that hasn't happened?
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u9wuBinm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-30T15:27:17.188+0000) > > so you're complaining about something that hasn't happened? I will post the screenshot these days. Got silenced before for this exact same thing.
Rioter Comments
: New Champs in Ranked
It do be like that.
: Streamers are a big reason of why community is toxic
Agreed completely. Years ago when I was warning about this, everyone laughed, yet, it came to be. Humans copy each other as a way of life. What do you think people are going to do when they see their "community stars" use the term "int" for a teammate breathing? Of course they're going to say everything is "int". Int this, int that, troll this, troll that, open, ff 15, 15, spam ping someone. I do it myself too out of habit of seeing it and I try to control it. Imagine someone that isn't aware of how he's influenced.
: Indie Company Client XD
Eks deee dudeeeeeeee hollly ssssssssssshh dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Indie Company duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Come on.
Rioter Comments
: My friends' and I accounts were hacked.
The capability to hack into Riot's servers to obtain your constantly changing information like this is very, very costly. Whoever posses such power can enter the networks of any gaming company and steal their data and property, as such, either you've met one of the world's skilled hackers that also happens to play League and have a great sense of humor or... Your computers are infected. One of you initially got infected, the hacker used the "borrowed" identity of your friends, you opened a link or a file and there it went. Re-install everything, contact Riot support, add 2FA.
: What triggered this 25 game chat restriction? (text below)
While this is negative, it is, by no means, toxic. I'm assuming you got it for this one game only and you didn't flame hardcore in the past games. If you want to change, change so you don't get your account banned, but this is extremely, extremely tame stuff. Riot is being unspeakably sensitive about typed negative behavior. Just don't type. Ever.
TrapicsX (NA)
: BAN THE HIGH ELO WIN TRADERS/DDoSers
The worst part of it, but I guess you'd only see it if you weren't as sensitive as most people seem to be is: ChaseShaco will probably get banned for what he said in that game when it's completely justifiable. You have some people straight up, straight up hitting you in the face. There's no greater disrespect than wasting someone else's time. It's the lowest of the low. Yet you are not allowed to say anything. At all. Zero. Nada. Riot will look at the game and say "alright, this guy flamed, let's get him, boys". To me, this is ludacris and I wish Riot will change because often times this game puts you in a position where you're driven to madness. There you have someone clearly messing with RIot's services (1) and destroying, utterly destroying people's time (2), yet you are not able, not allowed to say anything.
: Can i ask for a chat restriction for myself?
You can't. Unfortunately Riot doesn't care about you recognizing you have an issue and wanting to fix it but you can't. While I agree it's not their job to babysit you, I don't think having your account as permanently silenced is that much of an issue. There has to be ulterior motive to all of this.
: Chat ban for no reason
I agree with you absolutely but League is like this. They ban you for absolutely tame stuff. Just don't type.
: is it normal to get a flamer every single game
It is. On EUW, the whole 5 people flame when they lose. That means it's fair to assume that ~9-10 people in a game are toxic. I report everyone after each game. The report will do nothing to an innocent person, but will catch an extremely toxic one.
Rioter Comments
: Help me improve my behavior:
Don't change anything. Yes, it will net you a perma-ban eventually if you keep going like this but it's **INSANE**, beyond insane that you got silenced (and therefore banned) for this. It's crazy. While this is negative, this is how every human pretty much acts and while you could not type, it's impossible, this game drvies you insane. I can't believe it.
Rioter Comments
: I played League when I didn't have a very high paying job and when I didn't have a lot of flexible money, and I've never been a raging dick online. League is built in such a way that the outside world can't really matter because of the constant mental investment you have to input into League - in short, you've got to tone out and enter the zone to play in League, and that means you're more often than not going to put reality on the backburner while you manage your character in game. So the assessment that Maslow's Hierarchy is affecting your behavior in the game is not a very good assessment, as the immersion in the game would basically nullify your attunement to the Hierarchy of needs. Furthermore, to play a game like League, you HAVE to have some established needs fulfilled in the hierarchy, because you wouldn't have the time or opportunity to leisurely play League otherwise. So again, trying to apply Maslow's Hierarchy to League doesn't really work as the leisure activity in and of itself requires a lot of your hierarchal needs to already have been met to a degree. The truth of the matter is that some people are just not mentally resilient, and let their emotions get the best of them. This is because they're undisciplined or they're spoiled and grew up thinking that they could get whatever they want without consequence.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k7iEAmcb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-19T19:26:23.242+0000) > > I played League when I didn't have a very high paying job and when I didn't have a lot of flexible money, and I've never been a raging dick online. League is built in such a way that the outside world can't really matter because of the constant mental investment you have to input into League - in short, you've got to tone out and enter the zone to play in League, and that means you're more often than not going to put reality on the backburner while you manage your character in game. So the assessment that Maslow's Hierarchy is affecting your behavior in the game is not a very good assessment, as the immersion in the game would basically nullify your attunement to the Hierarchy of needs. Furthermore, to play a game like League, you HAVE to have some established needs fulfilled in the hierarchy, because you wouldn't have the time or opportunity to leisurely play League otherwise. So again, trying to apply Maslow's Hierarchy to League doesn't really work as the leisure activity in and of itself requires a lot of your hierarchal needs to already have been met to a degree. > > The truth of the matter is that some people are just not mentally resilient, and let their emotions get the best of them. This is because they're undisciplined or they're spoiled and grew up thinking that they could get whatever they want without consequence. The reality is that this is a very complex matter and obviously, there will be a lot of people with lots of different mindsets. Some people don't easily get stressed and you might be one of them. I wouldn't say that some people are not mentally resilient, really, I'd just say that for the vast majority, they are easily "corruptible" while a few of the population manages to not give in. Why did I flip it? I think that putting it how you did, roughly the opposite just tends to put humans in a very bad light and although I agree with it personally, I'd rather call it a "very weak defense". Of course using the hierarchy as an absolute is wrong but you can only speak for so long. But in this case I wasn't. In short, because you'd need years to discuss this: of course your basic needs are mostly met if you're playing this game, you can directly deduce that, but as I've said, as some needs get satisfied and they stay so for longer periods, you forget about them and you always focus on the next one. I believe in our current day & age it's self-actualization & esteem that are the problem. Talking about the somewhat modern western world.
: > This is simply the truth, when you try to suppress that feeling you get when you wanna type to your teammates isn't going to do you any good personally and it won't change anything long-term. Not for you. For Riot, sure. They have less toxic games. It is a win for the community, but not for you. If you end up acting this extreme, there must be an issue you're facing in your real life that's pushing you. You must treat the disease, not the symptoms. If you're trying to suppress it, yeah, it's not going to do you any good. But when we encourage reform, we don't _want_ people suppressing their anger, we want them releasing it in ways that aren't harmful to the match or other players. Bottling it up and trying to suppress it leads to problems; but finding less destructive ways of releasing it is more-or-less our goal when we try to help other players reform. Beyond that; comparing life issues and anger to diseases isn't really helpful, either. It's less of problem/symptom and more of cause/effect. Life problems can certainly be a pretty big cause of anger and stress, but they're not the only causes. League, for all the various reasons there are, is full of several different stressors that could cause anger, and since you can't treat or remedy all the potential causes, you have to learn how to handle the effects.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k7iEAmcb,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-19T18:40:19.798+0000) > > If you're trying to suppress it, yeah, it's not going to do you any good. But when we encourage reform, we don't _want_ people suppressing their anger, we want them releasing it in ways that aren't harmful to the match or other players. Bottling it up and trying to suppress it leads to problems; but finding less destructive ways of releasing it is more-or-less our goal when we try to help other players reform. > > Beyond that; comparing life issues and anger to diseases isn't really helpful, either. It's less of problem/symptom and more of cause/effect. Life problems can certainly be a pretty big cause of anger and stress, but they're not the only causes. League, for all the various reasons there are, is full of several different stressors that could cause anger, and since you can't treat or remedy all the potential causes, you have to learn how to handle the effects. Correct, a "cause/effect" terminology is better suited.
: I cannot believe how fucked up players can be
This is League. Get used to it because there's nothing you can do. Unfortunately, the mass player base refuses to dodge. I understand people play this game of escapism and they'd rather waste 25 mins in a game than have to go back to real life, but it's disgusting how people virtually never dodge. Learn to dodge. It's a skill.
: i understand that but when 3 of the 4 players on your team flame you all game of corse your gonna get a bit tilted especially when im trying to win
> [{quoted}](name=outcastdiagram,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=juWKZFwd,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-19T15:19:14.881+0000) > > i understand that but when 3 of the 4 players on your team flame you all game of corse your gonna get a bit tilted especially when im trying to win This is true. Unfortunately, but you gotta understand Riot, they ban you even if this game is meant to tilt you and if you're the kind of person to not take s*** from anyone, you'll talk back. Even if you don't swear you being negative consistently will yield you a ban. It's an unfortunate situation but Riot can't know the context of every punishment and the resources it would take to thoroughly investigate are too much. Plus, everyone's got context. Everyone can just say "but he started it" and that's a very fair & good argument because, if I hit you in the face, surely you hit me back, it's too complicated. So, you get reported many times -> you get banned. Simple and mostly effective.
: For the largest part, I disagree with what you're saying, although there are aspects that I _do_ agree with. I can see how the Hierarchy of Needs can play into exacerbating stressors in League and causing people to lash out, and - while I disagree that it's the only way to alleviate the issue - I do agree that it's worthwhile to try and fix those external factors that would cause one undue stress. What I strongly disagree with, though, is this; > In short, to anyone that's seriously consider to "reform", as in, to better yourself or change yourself: **don't.** It'll be anticlimatic and you're bound to enter an infinite loop. Reform and personal change are absolutely things people should be striving for, especially if where they are presently is unenjoyable to them or harmful to their ability to exist in social situations. Sure, sometimes the ultimate results will be difficult to notice, but that far from guarantees that it'll be anticlimactic or result in an infinite loop of trying and failing. The main issue with reform/personal change is that success hinges entirely on the individual's desire _to_ change. My grandma always told me this, and it rings true to this day; "nobody can change you but _you_." And if someone doesn't commit themselves to whatever change they're shooting for, then they're not going to change. _That's_ anticlimactic, and it's a result of poor dedication. At the end of the day, sure, it's better to prioritize maintaining mental and physical health and personal well-being over personal change, but that doesn't mean the latter should be excluded. > Second: only spend as much money as you're willing to lose when you eventually get banned again. This, to me, is a terrible mindset to have. You're setting this ultimatum for yourself and others that there can be no success, that no matter what, you'll inevitably snap and lose your account again, and so you should prepare for that eventuality by not spending so much that you'd pain yourself for the loss. It's unrealistic, overly cynical, and it helps nothing, especially when reform _is_ well within the realm of possibility. People _have_ changed from being toxic and have since kept stable accounts without getting banned again. All it takes is dedication.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k7iEAmcb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-19T06:56:22.392+0000) > > For the largest part, I disagree with what you're saying, although there are aspects that I _do_ agree with. > > I can see how the Hierarchy of Needs can play into exacerbating stressors in League and causing people to lash out, and - while I disagree that it's the only way to alleviate the issue - I do agree that it's worthwhile to try and fix those external factors that would cause one undue stress. > > What I strongly disagree with, though, is this; > > Reform and personal change are absolutely things people should be striving for, especially if where they are presently is unenjoyable to them or harmful to their ability to exist in social situations. Sure, sometimes the ultimate results will be difficult to notice, but that far from guarantees that it'll be anticlimactic or result in an infinite loop of trying and failing. > > The main issue with reform/personal change is that success hinges entirely on the individual's desire _to_ change. My grandma always told me this, and it rings true to this day; "nobody can change you but _you_." And if someone doesn't commit themselves to whatever change they're shooting for, then they're not going to change. _That's_ anticlimactic, and it's a result of poor dedication. > > At the end of the day, sure, it's better to prioritize maintaining mental and physical health and personal well-being over personal change, but that doesn't mean the latter should be excluded. > > This, to me, is a terrible mindset to have. You're setting this ultimatum for yourself and others that there can be no success, that no matter what, you'll inevitably snap and lose your account again, and so you should prepare for that eventuality by not spending so much that you'd pain yourself for the loss. > > It's unrealistic, overly cynical, and it helps nothing, especially when reform _is_ well within the realm of possibility. People _have_ changed from being toxic and have since kept stable accounts without getting banned again. All it takes is dedication. While these sound very nice and heart-warming, they're very far from the truth. The reality is different and it's cold: **recidivism** is a very big issue, partly because the system itself does nothing to reform, much like League's (not that it's its job). For my first point: > In short, to anyone that's seriously consider to "reform", as in, to better yourself or change yourself: don't. It'll be anticlimatic and you're bound to enter an infinite loop. This is simply the truth, when you try to suppress that feeling you get when you wanna type to your teammates isn't going to do you any good personally and it won't change anything long-term. Not for you. For Riot, sure. They have less toxic games. It is a win for the community, but not for you. If you end up acting this extreme, there must be an issue you're facing in your real life that's pushing you. You must treat the disease, not the symptoms. > Second: only spend as much money as you're willing to lose when you eventually get banned again. We see recidivism to be upwards of 80% in almost every system. In the US, the recidivism for 5 years is nearly 80% too, that is...**the guys who get caught. ** While it's not just to compare it fully, people are who they are. Anyone that knows what they're talking about understands that after all the nice, inclusive things are said, the reality is that people are their habits. I do understand that, we, as a community should support these people but the reality is that they have issues in their life that they need to solve. Them trying to suppress these behaviors are only going to make it worse for themselves. So, should they go and be toxic in games? Well, of course not, but it's what will happen. To anyone with these issues: see what's wrong in your life and try to fix it. Sometimes it's not fixable, you can't just turn your life around and then you'll end up being banned again but the reality is that not everyone gets a happy ending...but you should strive for one :)
: I Think I Finally Understand What it takes to Climb
That and literally play 700-800 games a season without being bad. You just have to be willing to learn from your mistakes, understand the game overall and you hit diamond. If you don't, even after tryharding so much, then it's just not meant to be.
Rioter Comments
: How exactly does the correction system in LoL work?
I will tell you out of experience by building (I'd like to believe, but this is just street talk) more complex systems to detect roughly the same behaviors as Riot is trying to, or better yet **tagging systems**, we basically look for behaviors to tag people of risk. Once that happens **you are as good as gone.** The system will always, always prioritize watching you and being harsher with you than with others because, frankly, for 90%+ of the cases, it's right. Offenders almost exclusively repeat their behaviors just as non-offenders repeat their behaviors, just like...humans repeat their behaviors! For example, our algorithms are used for fraud prevention in high-frequency transactions and once a vendor has been flagged, although the system allocates plenty resources for each vendor, it will allocate more resources to perform more in-depth checks on a vendor we deemed shady. What are the things that make someone [insert thing that you want to look for here]? Plenty. I think League is a pretty one-dimensional thing with the chat, though, but, regardless, the current state of society has decided that swearing and what-not is punishable. Is it absolutely correct? No. Or yes. A society builds its rules based on what it needs at that current time but there is always one constant: people never change their habits because, really, they define their persona. People who implement systems for prediction / tagging / flagging know this very well and it's more or less a basic thing. I've never seen flagging systems that don't open the eyes even more on these who they deem shady. In short: you're on thin ice, for sure, don't risk it. Riot would probably claim that this is not the case and I can't say it is or it isn't nor am I trying to discredit them at all but there's no way they don't do it like this.
: How Many People Think Nubrac Should've Been Banned VS How Many Think He Shouldn't have been
The nuances to the situation are many and if you don't think they both should've been banned, NB3 more severely (to the point of the perma-ban and all affiliations nullified) and then the 3rd party who was the bridge for this happening, then you clearly should stay out of the situation. Riot did the best they could in this situation. NB3 has a lot of pull and drives a lot of people to the game as a big content creator. Riot had to choose between a guy raking in money or some random guy who was trolling but thought he was smart about it by trying to hide behind this "I'm off-meta" thing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Turtles Are Okay,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2pPc3n7s,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-06-18T23:57:01.379+0000) > > Come on, dude. Come ON. > > COME ON. Just, COME ON. Stop this. Please. COME ON. Come the **** on. There is no way, no way, unless you've been raised to be sensitive to sunlight itself you find this toxic. Negative, sure, but toxic, ban-worthy? Come on. > > Don't get me wrong, I know you have to respect Riot's policy and you're an employee and can't say publicly otherwise, but there's no way, I refuse to believe that there are humans who think this is ban-worthy. > > I just refuse. I am about to be banned myself for literally saying "man that feelsbad losing because of picks and autofills" and complaining in game, if this doesn't seem crazy to you, I have a surprise: the world out there, I mean the real world, the world where the CEO laughs at your parade about "inclusiveness" and what-not is rough. You can't be this sensitive or you'll be eaten alive. _Negativity is against the rules_. You literally admitted this was negative. After a 14-day, any negativity will get you the hammer, it says so when you get your 14-day. OP was being extremely passive-aggressive and irritating, and they should have been more careful after getting multiple warnings, but they weren't.
> [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2pPc3n7s,comment-id=000000030002,timestamp=2019-06-19T03:32:43.287+0000) > > _Negativity is against the rules_. You literally admitted this was negative. > After a 14-day, any negativity will get you the hammer, it says so when you get your 14-day. OP was being extremely passive-aggressive and irritating, and they should have been more careful after getting multiple warnings, but they weren't. No. God help and I pray, anyone that finds this thing "bannable", whether it's the rules or not. Once you hit footing in the real world, you'll be eaten alive if you're this sensitive. I said I agreed as **per the rules.** The rules, whether wrong or not are rules and I judged based off that. That doesn't mean that my personal opinion is that this is insanity. To get your account taken away for being negative in a game that drives you mad? It's insanity.
: I feel like pings are the new way to circumvent the toxicity system. Nothing tilts teammates quite like spam pings after they've made a mistake. Additionally, people give up so easily...since it's been promoted as okay for so long nobody thinks there's anything wrong with going afk whenever they deem games "unwinnable".
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Aphrolift,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u284297I,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-18T16:22:30.335+0000) > > I feel like pings are the new way to circumvent the toxicity system. Nothing tilts teammates quite like spam pings after they've made a mistake. > > Additionally, people give up so easily...since it's been promoted as okay for so long nobody thinks there's anything wrong with going afk whenever they deem games "unwinnable". And it's working. They allow for a lesser way of being extremely toxic or conveying the same hatred. Is this a good thing? Absolutely not. The problem is still there but it at least gives people some way to cool down. I think RIot won't remove it.
: I just had a game that started promisingly, then 5 pings later, the whole team goes AFK.
: Heralds are not employees.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2pPc3n7s,comment-id=000000030000,timestamp=2019-06-18T23:59:39.426+0000) > > Heralds are not employees. They have to go with the official narrative or they lose their status. It's my understanding that a Herald is some sort of moderator who's engaged with the community. Naturally, that gives you a sense of importance and every human knows that if you disagree with the hand that feeds you, you're out, as such, realistically speaking, they are just more or less messengers.
: > [{quoted}](name=Turtles Are Okay,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2pPc3n7s,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-06-18T23:57:01.379+0000)Don't get me wrong, I know you have to respect Riot's policy and you're an employee and can't say publicly otherwise... None of this is factual. I am not an employee. I don't have to respect their policies, save those I agree to enforce on the boards, and even then I can share my personal opinions about them freely. >I refuse to believe that there are humans who think this is ban-worthy. In and of itself? No. If this was a ban out of nowhere, it's entirely out of line. If the OP had gotten multiple warnings up to a 14-day ban, however, then I think it is reasonable -- you need a pattern of problematic behavior at a fairly consistent frequency to get that high, and at that point you really should learn to control yourself and not insult others.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2pPc3n7s,comment-id=000000030001,timestamp=2019-06-19T00:02:46.453+0000) > > None of this is factual. I am not an employee. I don't have to respect their policies, save those I agree to enforce on the boards, and even then I can share my personal opinions about them freely. > > In and of itself? No. If this was a ban out of nowhere, it's entirely out of line. If the OP had gotten multiple warnings up to a 14-day ban, however, then I think it is reasonable -- you need a pattern of problematic behavior at a fairly consistent frequency to get that high, and at that point you really should learn to control yourself and not insult others. I agree with you. For this itself, I, too, believe that he didn't get banned for this, it was just the games that triggered it. Where I disagree with you is if he did wha the did every game. It's just complaining. People need ot stop being so sensitive. You have the mute function.
: If you wouldn't mind, could you share the screenshot of the reform card. It used to not specify if something was /All or not. Am curious if it changed.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2pPc3n7s,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T23:08:31.375+0000) > > If you wouldn't mind, could you share the screenshot of the reform card. It used to not specify if something was /All or not. Am curious if it changed. Nope. Riot bans you for literally not being nice.
: > [{quoted}](name=My Comrade,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2pPc3n7s,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-18T22:35:55.794+0000)My Comrade: very unlucky with how our jungler played the beginning of the game > My Comrade: he hasnt done anything for top > My Comrade: but die xd > [All]My Comrade: hes not even autofilled just really bad > [All]My Comrade: nah this team is just really bad > [All]My Comrade: hardstuck diamond for how many years buddy > [All]My Comrade: you are ass Given that you're repeatedly bad-mouthing your fellow players, rank-shaming them, and insulting them, this would indeed escalate a 14-day ban to a permanent ban. If you did not have a 14-day ban, send a ticket in to Player Support.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2pPc3n7s,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-18T22:40:23.141+0000) > > Given that you're repeatedly bad-mouthing your fellow players, rank-shaming them, and insulting them, this would indeed escalate a 14-day ban to a permanent ban. If you did not have a 14-day ban, send a ticket in to Player Support. Come on, dude. Come ON. COME ON. Just, COME ON. Stop this. Please. COME ON. Come the **** on. There is no way, no way, unless you've been raised to be sensitive to sunlight itself you find this toxic. Negative, sure, but toxic, ban-worthy? Come on. Don't get me wrong, I know you have to respect Riot's policy and you're an employee and can't say publicly otherwise, but there's no way, I refuse to believe that there are humans who think this is ban-worthy. I just refuse. I am about to be banned myself for literally saying "man that feelsbad losing because of picks and autofills" and complaining in game, if this doesn't seem crazy to you, I have a surprise: the world out there, I mean the real world, the world where the CEO laughs at your parade about "inclusiveness" and what-not is rough. You can't be this sensitive or you'll be eaten alive.
: NB3 , A truly example of good behavior
It was justified, what he typed. Sorry to break it to the mods and everyone pretending this is a beautiful game without tilting. This game's community is, you know the word, it drives you nuts. You can tell how tilted he gets (and so does everyone) but he has to keep it back.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Hotarµ (NA)
: > Just as there's no source to "1 report is enough, no need for more". I implement systems akin to Riot's and there is absolutely no way, no way that they don't, in fact, thrive on "more reports, more chances for toxicity". > > So why would they say one report is enough? **So that you don't engage in further toxic behavior, trying to get others to gang up on one person and the experience of the game to turn into a complete waste.** There are multiple sources for that claim though, one of them is from a Rioter himself. - [Source 1 (Reddit post where a majority of the community agrees with it)](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8e3alm/til_only_one_report_per_game_matter_multiple/) - [Source 2 (Riot Tantram stating that "Multiple reports do NOT increase the likelihood of flagging a game for review. One report is all that it takes. There is no benefit to asking for others to report a player.")](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/9VrUtrJo-being-solo-and-having-a-team-report?comment=000000000002) - [Source 3 (Riot Support website Reporting A Player FAQ - Passage quoted below) ](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player) >Do not ask other players in the match to report the offending player. _**It only takes one report for our systems to review a game. Additional reports will not do anything for the offending player;**_ however as mentioned above, it could open yourself up to a report of your own; especially if you are derailing the match by constantly demanding reports of other players.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VBLzqyib,comment-id=000300000000000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-15T06:16:56.492+0000) > > There are multiple sources for that claim though, one of them is from a Rioter himself. > > - [Source 1 (Reddit post where a majority of the community agrees with it)](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8e3alm/til_only_one_report_per_game_matter_multiple/) > > > - [Source 2 (Riot Tantram stating that "Multiple reports do NOT increase the likelihood of flagging a game for review. One report is all that it takes. There is no benefit to asking for others to report a player.")](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/9VrUtrJo-being-solo-and-having-a-team-report?comment=000000000002) > > > - [Source 3 (Riot Support website Reporting A Player FAQ - Passage quoted below) ](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player) Right, my point was exactly this and you went right past it. A company doesn't have to say the truth because we don't know what it is, but think about the effects it has if they'd say otherwise. Saying "report X" would be, well it is but then players would say "Riot said it's ok.". There's absolutely no way this is not a pink lie just to not open themselves to liability. Multiple reports do matter for sure, as this is not even about League itself but more so about systems overall.
Frenz1 (NA)
: Why is this playerbase so mean?
De-personalization of other humans happening because of anonymity, the fact that humans never think it's their fault, no matter what happens and even if they say it is, they still have an ounce of "yea but they made me do it" and the fact that the game is very competitive. You've got the perfect mix for a toxic environment.
Hotarµ (NA)
: > You don't need positive action to drop punishment status either. > Neutral is fine. > There's also something about negative chat and consistency but I won't say it here to avoid confusing OP. Do you have a source for the neutral language comment? Edit: _I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, after re-reading this it sounds like I'm being sarcastic but I swear I'm not lol_ I'm sure you can understand that it's confusing for me to hear otherwise as I've been told that it's consistent _positive_ action by both Riot support and multiple people from the community. I don't want to be spreading misinformation and I couldn't find the source myself, so I'd really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction if that's true.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VBLzqyib,comment-id=0003000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-11T23:58:48.145+0000) > > Do you have a source for the neutral language comment? > > Edit: _I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, after re-reading this it sounds like I'm being sarcastic but I swear I'm not lol_ > > I'm sure you can understand that it's confusing for me to hear otherwise as I've been told that it's consistent _positive_ action by both Riot support and multiple people from the community. > > I don't want to be spreading misinformation and I couldn't find the source myself, so I'd really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction if that's true. There is no source and there will never be. Just as there's no source to "1 report is enough, no need for more". I implement systems akin to Riot's and there is absolutely no way, no way that they don't, in fact, thrive on "more reports, more chances for toxicity". Think about it this way: if an event happens only once, it's seen as an anomaly, but if it happens often enough, there's a problem. This is how everything works and there's no way Riot works differently. So why would they say one report is enough? **So that you don't engage in further toxic behavior, trying to get others to gang up on one person and the experience of the game to turn into a complete waste.** Or they could be telling the truth. Who knows, really? But it seems very, very unlikely.
radetari (EUNE)
: So I was chat restricted again and...
> [{quoted}](name=radetari,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Q0hQbQkt,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-14T14:47:01.414+0000) > > I am honestly sorry > But by getting a chat restriction again I see that as another chance by Riot to redeem myself so I will > I promise > I am also sorry to all the people I flamed > Please forgive my harsh behavior > i am not like this irl, but when i get frustrated sometimes I cannot keep my anger under control Let's just say that these threads don't help you or anyone. Ever. Sob stories don't work.
: > i am not like this irl Sure you are. If you're like this in a game, you're like this in real life. It is, quite literally, who you are. The only difference is that you've learned that there are very real (and potentially dangerous) consequences for acting like this in the real world, so you keep it in video games where you're safe from everything other than eventually losing your account.
> [{quoted}](name=RobShizzle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Q0hQbQkt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-14T16:17:03.201+0000) > > Sure you are. If you're like this in a game, you're like this in real life. It is, quite literally, who you are. The only difference is that you've learned that there are very real (and potentially dangerous) consequences for acting like this in the real world, so you keep it in video games where you're safe from everything other than eventually losing your account. Completely, absolutely disagree and I hope you refrain from thinking like this in the future. The nuances to human behavior and how it's impacted by the person's surrounding are many and tricky to observe. **He's like this in this situation.** But it's completely accurate to judge people based on behavior (with accurate tools & methods which I assume you're in possession of, right?), you are what you say / think after all. In my business, I've learned to deal with soul-crushing amounts of stress and I thrive in it. When someone says something stupid to my face, I ignore it, checkout mentally, move physically and resume my work / life. I'm a live and let live kind of guy. So, I learned to mentally check out of stupid situations even if I have the bigger power. Yet I get incredibly infuriated when my time is wasted. This translates to League in me being negative. I've gotten a 10 games chat ban and I haven't even said anything close to "you're stupid". Any Riot employee can check if they're interested or it peaked their interest "another guy who says he's done nothing...". I wasn't inflammatory, but I was negative. Now, in my house, I scream and punch things a lot. My girlfriend does this too. The people that I play with who are "passive" in real life do too. I haven't seen anyone, anyone at all that doesn't tilt off the face of the earth in every League game. In fact, I think people no longer play this game for fun. It's just too good to give up. Go to most streamers and see how violently tilted they are - about to explode. Of course they keep to themselves because they have an audience and they risk losing the account, but I guarantee you: it'd be very interesting to see how they'd react if there were no rules :) The feeling of helplessness really, really gets to you. It doesn't show who you are, unless you throw poison in these situations, then I believe it shows someone with deep issues. It's one thing to be negative, even flaming and it's another thing to wish death upon someone else in a game, no matter how heated things are. Don't judge this way because it will not serve you well in life when making assessments about people that directly impact your life.
: "I saw your post with what he said and that's heavily inflammatory. Not the "IQ" thing because while he worded it in a very bad manner, I don't understand why talking about your opinion of someone else's intelligence is "offensive". If it's vital to a point, then let it be so." Does that mean that you agree with him that people with an extra chromosome are just a different race and using the word gay as a synonym to girly is homophobic?
> [{quoted}](name=Electronic jihad,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=x7jTAbAG,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T15:48:40.966+0000) > > "I saw your post with what he said and that's heavily inflammatory. Not the "IQ" thing because while he worded it in a very bad manner, I don't understand why talking about your opinion of someone else's intelligence is "offensive". If it's vital to a point, then let it be so." > Does that mean that you agree with him that people with an extra chromosome are just a different race and using the word gay as a synonym to girly is homophobic? No. I agree with them that you're just someone like many others who claim to not have done anything and in fact are monsters. Listen, I have arab friends and we always joke about, you know, the usual things and I used to joke with randoms too, not understanding that not everyone might see the world as I do. I own 2 semi-big companies and what I said in the past is known and will probably be used against me in the future to claim "I'm a racist" [this is just to put into perspective just how much these words hurt, even if right or not], that left aside, you have to understand how this affects you as a person if it's known you use these words. Not everyone is as welcoming to your jokes and because people don't know you, they might take it to heart but the bigger issue is really that what you said specifically as per the mod comment is just blatantly stupid, you're trying to offend with very sensitive topics. Will people care that I donated a lot, helped funds for important buildings, contributed to a lot and paid more taxes than everyone else combined? No. I will be skinned alive for some jokes I made while young or still doing but clearly are just jokes for the "shock factor". So, people are very, very sensitive and will nearly always only see the bad things you did. My opinion? I don't care. When someone flames me, I'd enter the circus because it's fun and I never take it to heart because it's just words and while they show malicious intent, I couldn't really care less. There are bigger issues to deal with than this. Also, don't use me disagreeing with their opinion on ONE of your offences as a proof that "see? others aren't as crazy as you" when you went full fighter mode with other things. Also, you've tried to avoid banning by "smart" wording that the mods saw through. **But to the points that you made, I disagree with them, yes, at first sight but that's just me and not the society as a whole.** If you're as dysfunctional to not understand what you did there, then you will not have success in any walk of life because humans have egos and if you don't know how to manage them, you'll burn every bridge. A more appropriate train of thought would be to recognize what you did is **wrong in the eyes of the society, even if it might not really be, realize this is how things are and you won't change them and adapt**, or have enough money & influence to not care which I assume you don't. For yourself, try to see how you misplayed the situation. You live in a society where you don't have the absolute power and you either adapt or are killed (sometimes literally, unfortunately). If you wanna change something, acquire power and set the trends yourself. X or Y thing is nor wrong nor right in absolute terms, but they're relative to what the society, at a given time decides them to be. A few decades ago it was very cool to kill people of color in the US. Do you think people thought back then that it was wrong? No. So, if you could, what would you tell them and more importantly, do you think they won't respond with "shut up, lol, X race deserves Y punishment lmao". Play by the rules. You have no power.
: > [{quoted}](name=Turtles Are Okay,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=x7jTAbAG,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-14T14:27:27.354+0000)What you speak of, even if it can't be proven, but I assume it to be true sounds like there is a moderator who is a bit sad that he didn't make it in life and takes it on others. All moderator actions are visible on the back end, and intentionally lying about an action taken or the reason given would be something that would likely lead to that moderator's removal. > Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do, bans are never reversed. Board bans/punishments are not "never reversed." When we find an action that was taken improperly to a punishment that was too harsh, we address the issue.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=x7jTAbAG,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-06-14T15:15:26.589+0000) > > All moderator actions are visible on the back end, and intentionally lying about an action taken or the reason given would be something that would likely lead to that moderator's removal. > > Board bans/punishments are not "never reversed." When we find an action that was taken improperly to a punishment that was too harsh, we address the issue. I was just playing into OP's game. No one knows what happened besides you guys and him. I saw your post with what he said and that's heavily inflammatory. Not the "IQ" thing because while he worded it in a very bad manner, I don't understand why talking about your opinion of someone else's intelligence is "offensive". If it's vital to a point, then let it be so. Although I understand. I own a pretty large support ticketing company and there are free discussions and there are users who sometimes engage in things we don't think would look good to the more sensitive audience, as in "wow, I never knew X company's forums were an extremist lobby". It's not a democracy and a company needs to maintain its image, so I can't blame, we have to ban them too just to protect ourselves from liability even if the discussions are interesting and funny and then, as tradition demands, we release a small statement about "equal rights" and yaddy yadda. I believe in a world where we all respect each other, regardless of where we come from, but you can pretty much tell if someone is just an ass or has ill intent and for asses - just silence them. But I do think that, at least on EUW, the mods are disgustingly over-sensitive and anyone disagreeing should really reflect upon what it means to be a decent human being, because they have the wrong idea. You won't get anywhere in life being that sensitive and I know it's popular to be SJW-esque, but I do know it's extreme.
Show more

Turtles Are Okay

Level 141 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion