: Holy shit this is a super interesting design!
It's interesting definitely exactly because I feel it's really on the line where you wonder if it's going to be good or not, are there gonna be decks to work with her and bring out her power. I'm most interested in trying to assess her viability, through analysing what impact she has played at what costs. Suppose first you're planning on playing her for 3 most of the time, at an early stage of the game. If you're being mana screwed and are under some pressure, you can try to get a land straight away (or 1 drop mana tapper). If you were under pressure, there's little chance you can protect your 1 health Planeswalker, so you're paying three for land fetch. MEEEEEEEEH. Say you have more time, you're planning on scrying, placing the right stuff at the top of your deck and putting it into play next turn. You pay your three mana for a scry 2, and your Planeswalker is still open to all lightning bolts in the game. I know that "being weak to removal" isn't the strongest argument against a card (tarmo is weak to removal), but here if she gets removed you haven't done anything with her. Three mana scry 2 is as MEH as it gets. Let's consider a more optimist scenario, you play her, she doesn't get removed instantly. Her only 'defensive' ability is scry 2, which you can use to dig for answers. If scry two turns to get 5 loyalty and play play a 4 or 5 drop the third turn, you're playing a 4 or 5 drop on turn 5. It's good, it comes free, but I'm not sure that seals the game right away. So, of course, if she's left unchecked 4 or 5 turns she's definitely going to run away with the game, but I think that's the case of all planewalkers that were played (if not combo). Played on turn 3 she seems like she can lightly help to ramp, and she'll be growing more powerful, but she seems slow to me. Suppose you want to play her after ramping up, you can quickly enough play her for 5 or 6 mana or turns 4 or 5. Even if you're already scry'd, getting the 3 or 4 loyalty and a 3 or 4 drop next to her isn't too impressive. If you don't have a previous scry effect, you're deciding between ensuring next draw and 0 effect, or just hoping you're lucky. Scrying as your first turn seems too slow and low impact, but looking to top deck seems fine. Anyway I'm too tired to finish analysing this card properly, but I think it's too slow to play in a high average cost deck. On the other hand, in a faster deck, this can give long term power, and just getting the 0 loyalty proc off two or three times to get out chumps or thin out lands is good. I think it'll see some play
: > [{quoted}](name=UmmTastedPurple,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=RNPjPne7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-12T20:53:00.385+0000) > > Hur Dur, obviously one coloured mana is worth four uncoloured ! > > --- > > This comparison is one of the closest possible you can get to pure, massive power difference for the same cost. MTG is silly sometimes (often). Cards like Throttle aren't intended to be good constructed playable cards. They're there to balance the draft environment. There are a ton of examples of this, it's been part of the game forever, and people who complain about it are dumb.
> [{quoted}](name=Thalía,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=RNPjPne7,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-04-12T20:55:45.703+0000) > > Cards like Throttle aren't intended to be good constructed playable cards. They're there to balance the draft environment. There are a ton of examples of this, it's been part of the game forever, and people who complain about it are dumb. Aye, draft is a really cool format and it's good there are cards for it. I'll still argue that a five mana card which can't kill big creatures was too low a power level. They even missed on a Four mana cost -4/-4. That would be appropriate mana for draft only and a little more classy.
: As someone with extremely little experience in MtG, I am just going to assume Throttle was a rarely-to-never used card due to its higher cost for the effect, and as such grasp is a more reasonably costed reprint intended to make the effect relevant without overcosting it, thus making it something one would consider playable. Is this correct?
> [{quoted}](name=Chucklemeowdoge,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=RNPjPne7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-12T20:45:14.811+0000) > > As someone with extremely little experience in MtG, I am just going to assume Throttle was a rarely-to-never used card due to its higher cost for the effect, and as such grasp is a more reasonably costed reprint intended to make the effect relevant without overcosting it, thus making it something one would consider playable. Is this correct? I don't know exactly if Grasp was meant as a reprint, more importantly it's important to compare the "intended effect" to mana cost ratio. There are many cards who's goal is to kill creatures, and in black, it's normal for 3 mana to kill most everything, and 2 mana to kill specific things. Thus, the 5 mana sometimes kill stuff is useless and never going to see play, while the -4/-4 effect for 2 fits well and is what Throttle should have costed all along (though 3 mana would be reasonable too). Throttle's effect was always powerful in that -4/-4 can destroy indestructible cards and it's not restricted to colour or type, but universal removal already existed for 3 mana. It's good removal, and is good costed at either 3 or 2.
: Grasp of Darkness vs Throttle MTG balance.
> [{quoted}](name=Ser Safir,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=RNPjPne7,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-04-12T20:37:49.290+0000) > > K. Hur Dur, obviously one coloured mana is worth four uncoloured ! --- This comparison is one of the closest possible you can get to pure, massive power difference for the same cost. MTG is silly sometimes (often).
: > [{quoted}](name=UmmTastedPurple,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dqub0Ez,comment-id=00060000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-12T21:39:25.782+0000) > > Very good idea to have an analogy. I think your analogy is close to the truth, as indeed high IQ often relates to high paying jobs, same way as tall guy often relates to good at dunking. > > I've a second analogy in mind : High IQ score leads to high paying jobs the same way being great at aiming from a distance leads to being a good basketball player, and that is, it's only part of the whole. If you're great at aiming (a particular skill), and in analogy have high IQ, you have an advantage, but you'll still need good teamwork (in analogy, good social skills) to be good at basketball (get a high paying job). I don't think that analogy works so well since we're talking about natural ability. Social skills and and shooting baskets are skills that can be learned through practice. IQ and height aren't things you can work on.
> [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dqub0Ez,comment-id=000600000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-12T21:47:56.397+0000) > > I don't think that analogy works so well since we're talking about natural ability. Social skills and and shooting baskets are skills that can be learned through practice. IQ and height aren't things you can work on. Ah, I'll definitely strongly enough contest your last sentence: IQ is actually something you can work on. I'm not saying someone with definite learning deficiencies can get really high IQ scores, but take two people with the same intelligence and learning capabilities, then putting one in science class will increase their IQ scores over the other who's studying history or something else. I'd go as far as to say it's easy to improve your score on IQ tests by practising them, just as for any other tests. This doesn't serve much purpose to reflect your intelligence, but as mentioned previously I don't believe IQ tests reflect intelligence anyway, so might as way game them.
: > [{quoted}](name=UmmTastedPurple,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dqub0Ez,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2017-03-12T20:58:05.075+0000) > > It's very probable there's a link between scoring high on IQ tests and having high intelligence, even if not linear or predictable. The general trend is that higher intelligence will probably score higher on IQ tests, though good IQ test results don't mean you'll be "intelligent". Anyway, that first fact is enough to cause the relation where higher IQs can do higher paying jobs (I suppose that's your metric of more successful). There's definitely a trend where intelligent people score high and also get high paying jobs, but I don't have a study to back that claim up. > > Nevertheless, that doesn't mean IQ is meaningful, it's just positively correlated to something. I don't think intelligence can be judged simply, if only because intelligence is so hard to define, there being many different types of intelligence (ie. being good at calculations doesn't make you good at spatial awareness, both are kinds of intelligence). Correct me if this analogy is wrong. IQ score is like measuring a basketball player's height. It means they have the potential to easily be good at dunking a basketball, but it doesn't mean they put the work in to be good at it.
> [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dqub0Ez,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-12T21:09:54.142+0000) > > Correct me if this analogy is wrong. IQ score is like measuring a basketball player's height. It means they have the potential to easily be good at dunking a basketball, but it doesn't mean they put the work in to be good at it. Very good idea to have an analogy. I think your analogy is close to the truth, as indeed high IQ often relates to high paying jobs, same way as tall guy often relates to good at dunking. I've a second analogy in mind : High IQ score leads to high paying jobs the same way being great at aiming from a distance leads to being a good basketball player, and that is, it's only part of the whole. If you're great at aiming (a particular skill), and in analogy have high IQ, you have an advantage, but you'll still need good teamwork (in analogy, good social skills) to be good at basketball (get a high paying job).
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dqub0Ez,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-03-12T19:50:10.390+0000) > > IQ is meaningless - it's not useful at all for determining how well you will function in the greater world. Then why are people with higher IQs statistically more successful in life?
> [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dqub0Ez,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-03-12T20:26:36.056+0000) > > Then why are people with higher IQs statistically more successful in life? It's very probable there's a link between scoring high on IQ tests and having high intelligence, even if not linear or predictable. The general trend is that higher intelligence will probably score higher on IQ tests, though good IQ test results don't mean you'll be "intelligent". Anyway, that first fact is enough to cause the relation where higher IQs can do higher paying jobs (I suppose that's your metric of more successful). There's definitely a trend where intelligent people score high and also get high paying jobs, but I don't have a study to back that claim up. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean IQ is meaningful, it's just positively correlated to something. I don't think intelligence can be judged simply, if only because intelligence is so hard to define, there being many different types of intelligence (ie. being good at calculations doesn't make you good at spatial awareness, both are kinds of intelligence).
La Spork (NA)
: http://www.pleacher.com/mp/puzzles/miscpuz/mensa4.html Just got a 21/25 on this one. Finished in under 25 minutes, got 19/20 right (missed #3 because fuck word questions). Am I a genius yet?
> [{quoted}](name=La Spork,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dqub0Ez,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-03-12T17:52:33.813+0000) > > http://www.pleacher.com/mp/puzzles/miscpuz/mensa4.html > > Just got a 21/25 on this one. Finished in under 25 minutes, got 19/20 right (missed #3 because fuck word questions). > > Am I a genius yet? Hello Spork. I decided to take the test too so that I'd have a basis to compare with you, to effectively answer if yes or no you are a genius. Before you call foul on me having good results, know that I'm your typical excelling student, getting good grades in school and getting into an engineering school. I'm intelligent, but I'm no genius. I finished the test in 12 minutes 21 seconds, getting questions 15 and 17 wrong. This thus gives me the score of 23/25. For question 15 I wrote the correct calculation down but did a mistake in multiplication, while 17 I followed a different logic. Anyway, having done this test, I can with good confidence say a genius should easily complete it in 10 minutes while getting at most 1 question wrong (I'd say 17 is the most treacherous of the lot). Absolutely none of these puzzles require more than 30 seconds of thoughts for a genius. In conclusion, you're probably intelligent, with a good capability for these kind of tests, and maybe you score higher than people you currently know in real life. If you go to good engineering schools though, you'll probably find more intelligent people, and probably some more intelligent then you are. That was my case, I met 1 guy who was clearly quicker in calculations and had better memory skills than I did. It's cool meeting him because you know your place on the scale. Near the top, but not the top, not genius. Just, intelligent.
: > [{quoted}](name=RDhank,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=RA2gw78F,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-03-12T07:12:49.982+0000) > > you are the reason this game is trash Okay, care to explain why I'm the reason? Because you clearly didn't read anything I said.
> [{quoted}](name=II MoonWalker II,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=RA2gw78F,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-03-12T15:43:05.005+0000) > > Okay, care to explain why I'm the reason? Because you clearly didn't read anything I said. I recommend you ignore people who insult on no basis, he's not going to say anything constructive. Otherwise, I think your idea is power positive for Shen in quite a way, thus not a nerf. That's because arriving faster is more often useful than the shield. When you arrive you can W and taunt, probably blocking more than the shield currently does. Imagine the extreme, no shield but instant TP, that's crazy strong. This change would bring us closer to that. I believe any change to be made should increase counterplay to Shen's ult. For example, bursting the shield stops him from completing TP (though would require other power positive changes to go with this idea)
Rioter Comments
La Spork (NA)
: What is a good engineering computer?
Gonna keep it brief because it's not like I'll be giving specific brand names but simply what the most important characteristic of your comp should be. Any laptop you use for school, the first important things are that it's lightweight and easily transportable (itself and its battery charger). Because you don't care how good it is if it's inconvenient and bothersome to bring around. With the usage of compiling and executing programs in mind, what you need more of is good processing power (so look for an ok processor) as well as decent RAM (8GB is good). You do not need a good graphics card for programming. Don't spend too much on getting the best processor out there either, the actual real life difference in compiling times between a mid tier and high tier processor will be negligible for small projects. It only matters once you're compiling thousands upon thousands of lines. You mentioned SolidWorks which will use a graphics card, but a mid tier will still work perfectly fine for that. Anyway, I'll simply reiterate weight and transportability are key. I bike to my engineering school and though my computer is powerful enough for my needs, it's just too heavy for me to take as well as lessons or books. That forces me into taking either only the computer or the books, which is far from ideal. So, find a computer with mid to high tier processor, low to mid tier graphics card, but excellent design for low weight and transportability.
: From a purely Anthropological standpoint, what is the point of GD?
AssauIto (NA)
: I've never seen Ivern played in a single one of my games.
> [{quoted}](name=AssauIto,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=YfYpsaM0,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-11-02T18:22:47.913+0000) > > Wise that? I shall answer your question, but first, my own ! Supposing you mean "why's that" or "why is that", were you aware you misspelt in your post? My answer is that Ivern is both really weird (like Bard is) and feels weak (like Bard felt), and requires good teamwork (like Bard did). This means that not only is the champion hard to learn to play AS, it's hard to play WITH, which makes for Ivern to feel really weak on average. Even someone who likes the champ might not play him because he feels weak. Ivern might get buffed, and over time his win rate will rise to normal levels. Nevertheless, like Bard, he won't ever be hugely popular.
Farranor (NA)
: "i kill u!" *mnem mnem* ^.^
: This is my plat v bragging thread
: GD - How long should I study to teach myself some math?
If you're already studying stuff and then adding two hours of math and sticking to it, that's pretty good for my standards. I disagree with what Teemo's saying. Being able to robotically solve exercises doesn't help you in the long run. If you understand the theory, you can enjoy all the different exercises and take them as challenges. You'll develop your problem solving skills and be able to take on more unexpected exercises. It's also the more interesting approach. Drilling exercises is boring. What test are you gonna take exactly and where are you getting resources to study from?
: ITT: Post what your currently listening to.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x337ql_images-les-demons-de-minuit_music
Racks (EUNE)
: why do nondiamonds+ even bother posting when they're low elo for a reason?
Back 9 months ago, I was only a plat underlord. These days, I have joined the glorious Diamond Overlords. Feels good man.
: Just spitballing here.
Might be decent if against 3+ tanks where you're not gonna kill through poke but through W burst.
: like you and vei getting together?
> [{quoted}](name=theragingnerd,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Oso6kBEZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-10-11T21:26:47.101+0000) > > like you and vei getting together? http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/082/700/312.jpg
: Hey guys, Partypanda12 here.
I didn't enjoy this much and greatly prefer the original myself. This one has less highs and less low (in terms of intensity) so it feels duller.
: Testing testing
: Quick! Is this worth the price?
I'll suppose this is not a troll post. The best answer is "I don't know because this doesn't give enough information" BUT, from what I see it'd probably be lacking. This doesn't mention the PC having a graphics card, which is definitely needed to run LoL. Here is a page that'll explain what's needed for LoL and suggest PC parts that are good for that : http://www.logicalincrements.com/games/lol
Jamaree (NA)
: I have an infected finger and lack the will to slice open my finger to drain it.
In what third world country do you live in that you can't go to the doctor to treat that for you!? O.o
: I maked a chroma for Star Guardian Lulu (with particles!!!!)
Niiiiceeeeeuuuuuuuuu. Otherwise, quite a few nice plays, and notably few misplays in the clips you showed.
: Lollipop Darius
Looks fun. Heads up that the video quality wasn't very good though.
: If you haven't seen the new satan teemo recall, HOLY SHIT i died laughing it's amazing
: Its a Buffalo Thread everyone!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnbl94GZ6TM
: > [{quoted}](name=3SheetsTotheWind,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=6VMYMd1Z,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-04T01:03:43.371+0000) > > I wonder what a completely un-moderated board would look like... Roach threads, SKT 37 (think it was 37), lot of funny things.
> [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=6VMYMd1Z,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-04T02:24:32.625+0000) > > Roach threads, SKT 37 (think it was 37), lot of funny things. Plz never mention the roach thread. T_T
: > [{quoted}](name=UmmTastedPurple,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=lr4mQp2z,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2016-09-30T17:09:43.256+0000) > > I don't have infinite spare time, so when I watch a tourney I want both to be entertained and see the highest level of play there is. > > At the moment, I'm not sure how viable it is to make even 8 all girls very high elo games. I suppose there are enough to have girl teams of diamond5+ but there's definitely not 40+ girls in master/challenger. I'm actually not sure there's even 1 ? > > So, probably wouldn't watch because the level might not be high enough. There are at least 7 females that I know of right now in NA challenger and numerous in master/Diamond1. I'm sure theres plenty more around the world. Its really not as rare as people think. Many of them just have other priorities and realize that its just a short term job not a life long career. Others are fearful of the harassment they would face so just prefer not to try to do it at all. If your already getting sexually harassed in game imagine how bad it would be if people found out what you looked like and all that stuff. People don't care what the male esports pros look like but if there were any females half of it would be about what she looks like. The fact that people still view women as "lesser" is disgusting but hey, thats the world we live in. Anywho, OP I probably wouldn't watch simply because I don't watch any esports at all. I'd prefer there just to be co ed but if it makes females feel more comfortable then its whatever. I just don't think it needs to be separated because its not a physical activity so I don't see the point of splitting it up. To me men and women are on equal playing fields when it comes to video games so the only reason I'd see to split it is to make the females feel more comfortable. ;/
> [{quoted}](name=Miss Wake n Bake,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=lr4mQp2z,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2016-09-30T18:01:44.748+0000) > > There are at least 7 females that I know of right now in NA challenger and numerous in master/Diamond1. I'm sure theres plenty more around the world. > > Its really not as rare as people think. Many of them just have other priorities and realize that its just a short term job not a life long career. Others are fearful of the harassment they would face so just prefer not to try to do it at all. If your already getting sexually harassed in game imagine how bad it would be if people found out what you looked like and all that stuff. People don't care what the male esports pros look like but if there were any females half of it would be about what she looks like. > > The fact that people still view women as "lesser" is disgusting but hey, thats the world we live in. > > Anywho, OP I probably wouldn't watch simply because I don't watch any esports at all. I'd prefer there just to be co ed but if it makes females feel more comfortable then its whatever. I just don't think it needs to be separated because its not a physical activity so I don't see the point of splitting it up. To me men and women are on equal playing fields when it comes to video games so the only reason I'd see to split it is to make the females feel more comfortable. ;/ heh, thanks for the reply. I'd never heard of any, I'm glad to be corrected. You obviously know more on the subject than I do, but it's surprising me just how dark of an outlook on the subject you have. There's never been a precedent of a female pro in NA or EU (not including Remila) so those are assumptions on how things would be. Wouldn't it be possible they get tons of encouragement because it's a difficult thing they're doing too? ---- Uh, gotta run, didn't have time to finish the post. I'd find it cool if some of the very good women gamers joined the pro scene in a normal fashion instead of there being an only girls team thing. What's important is to get rid of the stigma that girl gamers are different than guy gamers. We're all gamers. It'd thus be better to work on incorporating high level women in our present pro scene instead of differentiating them.
: GD What Should be my End of Season Goal?
The answer is relative. Personally, my goal was to climb by one colour per season. If you were Gold, get plat. Once you know you're plat level, it makes it easy next season to get Diamond. My progression was something like S3 Gold, S4 Plat, S5 Plat 2 (great sadness in not achieving diamond that season, but because I strived for it, I'd improved enough to high plat). And since last season I was already Plat 2, this season I got Diamond for the first time (feels good man). So, even if you won't make it, Strive to improve of 1 colour per season. It'll help you get that step up the next season at worse ;)
: Are other roles really so hard to master?
> [{quoted}](name=CTElephant,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=9QOauIjo,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-10-01T06:46:48.410+0000) > > I don't understand how people can be so godly at a single role and be horrid in others.... I think that's because this first statement is often an exaggeration. There will be some exceptions of course where people are very good supports but really useless at toplane or stuff like that, because the mechanics, pacing, environment and role are all different. Generally, there are common bases, as you point out, so some things carry over. For example, I'm a top laner main, so I've got good 1v1 mechanics, know about dodging ganks and stuff like that. When I play mid, I don't play as good as when I top, but probably only a few divisions lower. What you state is that people can be godly one place and horrid the other. What I want to correct that to, is that in fact people will be godly at one role, average at others, but when they face that guy who's godly in that role, then they get rekt. That's how it actually is. Just to get an idea I'll give an example of a Plat 1 player who mains adc. He's godly there. When he plays top, he's maybe Plat 2/3 level, he's got the basics but not all the tricks. Somehow he ends up top, and he's against a plat 1 Top main. That guy is gonna cheese him level 2, and will get just that 1 extra auto through the fight to secure first blood. It's gonna be close, because your adc main isn't actually bad at top. He's gonna get very very slightly outskilled and dies for that. Then he comes back, and he can't go near CS. If he does, he gets chunked then dived. While he doesn't, his opponent grows a monstruous CS lead, can dive when his jungler is here and carry from there. Slightly long example, but what I mean is : You see that godly adc main you played with go top and feed 0/5 with 50 CS less than his opponent in game. You assume he's horrid at top lane, and don't understand how there can be such a huge difference. The truth is, there isn't such a huge difference, but in League, details count and small things snowball to huge leads. This adc guy can totally win lanes against not top lane mains in Plat 1, but it's natural he gets rekt by a true main. TL-DR : People's skill difference between lanes is generally not huge, but small differences in skill snowball to huge score gaps. You then imagine a guy is terribad at a lane for going 0/5, when he's decent but was against a guy in his main role.
: All girl's tournament?
I don't have infinite spare time, so when I watch a tourney I want both to be entertained and see the highest level of play there is. At the moment, I'm not sure how viable it is to make even 8 all girls very high elo games. I suppose there are enough to have girl teams of diamond5+ but there's definitely not 40+ girls in master/challenger. I'm actually not sure there's even 1 ? So, probably wouldn't watch because the level might not be high enough.
Cynicatt (NA)
: ok yea we will definitely listen to some random EU with a 2014 silver icon instead of the people who get paid to play this game.
> [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=6B5JrTtA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-09-30T13:29:24.947+0000) > > ok yea > we will definitely listen to some random EU with a 2014 silver icon instead of the people who get paid to play this game. b-but, everyone knows EU silver > NA challenger, right ? ;)
Cynicatt (NA)
: I accidentally stole some kind of honey treat
T'was crumple when I was a kid, obviously fold nowadays.
: does anyone else roleplay as their champion during lobby?
You remind me of those trolls whose idea of "roleplay" is actually "be a super annoying douche to anyone and everyone".
: What do you consider the edgelord champions in league?
It can only be Wukong, Akali and Katarina amiright?
Cynicatt (NA)
: Online friends are like IRL friends without any of the burden or commitment... or they're supposed to be, at least.
> [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=fxBHAyW7,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-09-17T15:49:59.174+0000) > > Online friends are like IRL friends without any of the burden or commitment... or they're supposed to be, at least. meeeeeh. You don't have the burden or commitment, that also means you don't get to randomly crash at their place and they'll host you, or you can't call 'em up and ask them to do some 5 hours of work for ya and they'll do it. Commitment's annoying and all, but it's cool when it's two way. So I'd say Online friends are like IRL friends without the burden and without the real upsides. They're more people to hang out with than "friends", at least for me 'cause I define friends as close friends only ^^
: > [{quoted}](name=Bimclunk,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=b05tunzf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-09-11T05:48:28.940+0000) > > What problems do you have with {{champion:13}} specifically? What makes him a boring dull mess? He isnt a spell machine gun anymore, he always has been. His ult used to be super fun and really strong now it just sucks. Half the time you ult in and give the sona/wukong/malph a free multi man ult. His run and cast animations look really stupid now imo as well.
I recommend you experiment some more on the new Ryze. He's still a strong champion but he's even harder to play than he used to be. I don't understand why you say he doesn't machine gun. The old Ryze combo for max damage was Q E Q W Q E Q. The new Ryze combo for max damage is Q E Q W Q E Q. Nothing actually changed there (but note that to do that fluidly you need to approach 40% cdr). Honestly, I do really miss Ryze's old ultimate. I can't really make the new one work, I feel it's clunky and unintuitive. Furthermore, it doesn't reset Q as old ultimate did. Nevertheless, if you choose to not put points in your R until 17 and 18, Ryze is still pretty good.
CLG ear (NA)
: Asking GD'ers that read for pleasure, can you give me some recommendations?
Best beautiful fantasy book out there is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Second best is The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (oh, did I mention it's the sequel?) In epic Fantasy, David Dgemmel is king. I'll recommend Legend. In thrillers, John Grisham has interesting stuff but I can't remember atm
Besteau (NA)
: SO CLOSE
Ugh. I just took mah placements from Plat 1 to Diamond. Lost the first two games, didn't mind. Got my main role the next two, carried them with nice teamwork too. I was 2-2. Game starts ok, I pressure my lane, avoid several ganks and waste a lot of their jungler's time without losing cs or giving kills. We take both top towers, both mid towers. And then nothing. Nothing happens for 25 mins, their GP and vayne farm up and they win the game :( So uh. Gl to you. Don't let your enemies stall out once you're winning, force your team to group and do objectives like drake and nashor.
: > [{quoted}](name=UmmTastedPurple,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=IuEH8rut,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-09-10T14:34:09.954+0000) > > She's dominating the ladder with fourth highest play rate coupled with the highest win rate (plat+ games). > > She's also the support sporting the highest ban rate. > > People do want her nerfed because she deserves one for being too strong and really annoying. no, people like you are to lazy and retarded and don't buy {{item:3123}} and proves why champs are ruined. This is why I hate this community.
> [{quoted}](name=Gamer Girl Paige,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=IuEH8rut,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2016-09-10T16:15:16.648+0000) > > no, people like you are to lazy and retarded and don't buy {{item:3123}} and proves why champs are ruined. > > This is why I hate this community. So uh, you read a post explaining by the numbers why the nerf happened, that is, answering the OP's question. Your reaction is to insult me of being both lazy and retarded. It looks like even with a perfect community of really cool people you'd hate them, because you're manifesting as really hateful. There's no need for you to insult people because they actually made the effort to calmly answer someone's heated rant. Don't be what's wrong in the community, be part of the cool peeps.
Zuphlas (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Gamer Girl Paige,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=IuEH8rut,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2016-09-10T16:48:50.614+0000) > > uh no.... Don't believe me if you don't want to, but that doesn't make it any less true.
> [{quoted}](name=Zuphlas,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=IuEH8rut,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2016-09-10T16:51:48.195+0000) > > Don't believe me if you don't want to, but that doesn't make it any less true. It was re-reworked actually. Early season 6 they made it only affect self heals, but around mid season they had it work on all heals again. Source from patch 6.9 : http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/V6.9
Besteau (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=PqHyuAOy,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2016-09-03T04:38:07.644+0000) > > Really difficult when Black Cleaver gives him movespeed and armor shred anytime his bleed ticks. It doesn't give me move speed when the bleed tics for some reason.
> [{quoted}](name=Besteau,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=PqHyuAOy,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2016-09-10T15:46:23.357+0000) > > It doesn't give me move speed when the bleed tics for some reason. Taken from the wiki : "Rage: Dealing physical damage grants 20 movement speed for 2 seconds." I'd personally rather prefer that it doesn't give him ms just for having the passive on you, but if you're right on the interaction, it may be a bug. Unless Dots don't count as "dealing", in that it's already there but it's not new damage. Interesting wording.
: I finally know why I suck at League
Meh, some things like flash mechanics are common to any champion you play. If you often change lanes and champs, then you can greatly improve on your awareness of what every role does and why. It allows you to understand the game better.
: > [{quoted}](name=UmmTastedPurple,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=IuEH8rut,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-09-10T14:34:09.954+0000) > > She's dominating the ladder with fourth highest play rate coupled with the highest win rate (plat+ games). > > She's also the support sporting the highest ban rate. > > People do want her nerfed because she deserves one for being too strong and really annoying. LoL? This is Riot's Fault. {{champion:16}} Can she mid? No. Can she top? No. Can she jungle? No. Can she adc? No. Can she support? Yes. SHE CAN ONLY SUPPORT. So of course she has to be a strong support. Her rework just turned her into a support slave and of course she has to be 10/10 at it because it's the ONLY THING SHE CAN DO WITH THAT STUPID KIT. Her kit works and its fine, but its againsts Riot's philosophy of "Champion Viability". Now they nerf her to oblivion and she can't go anywhere else other than the depths were old yorick and urgot are. They said "We're reverting the kog maw changes" Well revert the Soraka changes she wasn't this good at supporting, not even that picked and had a better balance and more play options. Also WTF Yasuo cancer manaless. Riven cancer manaless. Gnar cancer manaless. Kled cancer manaless. But Soraka has to spend HEALTH + MANA to cast her heal? WHY?! Explain this logic to me. WHY????????????????? Why does she need to give mana if she already is giving 10% of her HP? Fuck this game.
> [{quoted}](name=Whitney Houston,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=IuEH8rut,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-09-10T14:52:29.343+0000) > > LoL? > > This is Riot's Fault. > > {{champion:16}} > Can she mid? No. > Can she top? No. > Can she jungle? No. > Can she adc? No. > Can she support? Yes. > > SHE CAN ONLY SUPPORT. > So of course she has to be a strong support. If you'd listed stuff like "can she do damage, or can she do displacement" and realised she could do nothing except the ability to heal, then yes, it's normal that she be good at healing. But instead you listed roles, and no one cares if a champion is good at one role. Alistar is only a support, Bard is only a support and yet those two aren't as strong as soraka is. And they shouldn't be either. There's no direct relation between the number of roles you can do and your power level. There is a relation though between what kind of things you bring to the table. Stuff like Poke, Sustain, CC, disengage. It so happens that Soraka has got good to very good CC through her AoE silence and spamable slows, while also being the best at healing in the whole game. Because of this, she doesn't also need to be bringing good damage from her Q, which is something they're lowering. >But Soraka has to spend HEALTH + MANA to cast her heal? >WHY?! Explain this logic to me. Soraka has a way to transform mana into health through use of her Q. If she never had any mana problems, in lane she could eternally heal her adc while poking and healing herself through Q. Making her W also cost mana puts added mana strain so that she can't mindlessly spam her abilities but use them when they're strongest, notably only using W while in Q heal.
: Stop giving me what i already got
Without shards of champs you already own it takes more chests to get mastery 6 and 7.
: Should I antagonize my previous co-workers?
I think you should try and get some friends instead of trying to get yourself enemies. Your gut reaction is to want revenge, sure, but revenge is so stupidly useless and it probably won't make you feel any good at all (unless you're somewhat a sadist). Instead, forget those people, tell them to go away if they bother you. I'll mention something else too, which is that you seem to put importance on the salary you have. Why would you do that? It's kinda apparent you're pretty dissatisfied at the moment even with your salary, it's obvious that salary isn't helping you be happy. Also, buying an expensive watch probably won't help for that either. If you do have money, use it for things that matter. Maybe you have a hobby. Say you liked working with your hands, you could learn woodworking or any other craft. Maybe you like exploring so you could plan yourself some holidays you'll enjoy. TL-DR : use your energy to do stuff that will provide you and your family and your friends enjoyment. Don't waste it being petty.
Zac x Me (NA)
: Those Soraka nerfs are just hilarious
She's dominating the ladder with fourth highest play rate coupled with the highest win rate (plat+ games). She's also the support sporting the highest ban rate. People do want her nerfed because she deserves one for being too strong and really annoying.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=aifGGvo2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-09-06T21:54:54.966+0000) > > Forever > > Actually don't know, but I think it's in the months time frame RIP...
> [{quoted}](name=Get Bean Boozled,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=aifGGvo2,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-09-09T16:51:29.109+0000) > > RIP... It's a little more complicated, it can last longer or later and you won't know until it's done. Riot has a system that gives you some kind of grade of toxicity for you account. It compares you to the general population and when you're terribly out of line you can start getting punishments. Even if you stop receiving punishments you could still be quite worse than the general population and thus receive no rewards. To get rewards again, you need to get your account standing into "normal" again. So, don't flame team mates, don't answer to toxicity, don't spam pings and don't troll. As long as you follow those guidelines your account's standings will improve and you'll receive rewards again one day.
Show more

UmmTastedPurple

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion