Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: They buffed ADC items, see that's more damage >:(
: Sanguine Blade doesn't work on Garen? Why???
To clarify: Garen's E only scales with permanent attack speed from items. Guinsoo, Sanguine Blade don't work. This is intended. Whether you agree with it is another matter, but I think this is a case where we can all be glad it works the way it does. I've already had enough of max attack speed Kled on one item. I don't need 20 spin Garen.
: Yet at its core it makes the supports game feel like shit. Like passive supports are hit the hardest by these changes and these items forces passive supports to play aggressive which in turn gets either them or their lane partner killed.
Or you just buy the relic shield versions?
Uraraka (EUNE)
: Remove Anti-Poaching from Tier 3 Support items
At 20 minutes a support with less than 80 CS gets full gold. If you have more than 80 CS as a support at 20 minutes then you're doing something wrong.
BigFBear (EUW)
: I fucking LOVE the new Jungle! Also tanks/Juggs feel WAY better now! Could be a great season!
Aftershock changes are very questionably a nerf. Damage is generally worse until full build. Resistances are a nerf until 115ish bonus resists on the appropriate side. This is... kind of a lot. You're getting less resist overall until 3 items, where you're getting about the same resists but you're probably getting more of the one you want most. But it has a shorter CD, and that's important in lane. For jungle tanks I'd argue it's a straight nerf. Mountain Drake (as well as ocean drake!) make tanks feel a lot better to play though and removal of true damage on conq feels nice. I am yet to see Elder spawn but I have seen a dragon soul taken in all but one game. Kind of says a lot, honestly. Playing an objective jungler like WW and getting 4 drakes feels like a real win condition - especially if you manage to get 2 heralds in the process to break the map open.
: Except no one who uses spellthiefs or coin has any reason to fully upgrade it, and FotM is actually a great buy and entirely worth the gold.
I don't really agree with FotM being worth the buy either but, hey, not really an important point. I don't disagree with you otherwise. Old support items weren't what was giving you all of your gold though. It was pretty normal to make maybe 2k max from the gold items (sometimes more from spellthiefs), of which you're spending 950 on the item. That's pretty comparable to the 1k gold for the quest complete from the new items, even ignoring the 3 GP/10 you keep afterwards.
: The issue is that that Archangel's is the only item you'll ever build, or close enough. The supp item only gives 600 net gold (+170 if you sell it), and then you just gain a trickle from the gold over time, as the quest dissapears after 1k gold.
People who fully upgraded their support item were often gold negative on it before.
Armenty (EUW)
: WHat the duck are you talking about? Yes, you get free upgrades on your stupid support item. Awesome. So you lose 400g for first buy and +1400 for the upgrade. Then you get 1000g from the quest, means +2000g that is ... ONE item. Awesome. One item after ~ 14 mins. and after that, you have literally NO goldincome except the +3g/10 seconds. After few rounds I had in 40 min around 9k gold .... 9k ... that's my 4th item ... in 40 mins when EVERYONE ist fullbuild. EVEN THE FUCKING 0/1254/0 YASUO IS FUCKING FULLBUILD UNTIL I GET MY FIFTH ITEM. DON'T YOU DARE SAY ITS A BUFF
Yeah, you lose a lot of gold income (hell, the spellthiefs if proc'd off of CD is 15GP/10 as unlikely as that is) but you're saving a lot. It becomes a nerf if you would earn more than 3k gold from the old support items in terms of pure gold income. That said, I've been getting to full build at around 35 minutes as a support. It's not that bad.
: Lets see, she doesnt need preparations like yorick just hitting an E wich is bugged as hell just look at the vid, also she has literally infinite mobility if played well. Yorick who is immobile and needs to get tombs and hit E to be competent, made his combo correctly. Still cant win to her. You really see that fair?
She needs to prepare stacks. The ghouls in this case let her bypass that to some degree, but in general Irelia does require preparations. She has to land E (think what you like about the hitbox, you can't ignore that there IS a skill check there) and who... really isn't as able to jump around minions as she used to be. Unless you're building flat AD your Q will not one-shot minions if sheen is down.
Corvega (NA)
: No he's a marksman and the next new champion is the juggernaut.
AFTER Aphelios it's a juggernaut is what he said. "After 1 is 2" "No, 1 is first then it's 2."
: animation cancel means you cancel the animation. to cancel something it has to start first. also wow youre friendly lol.
Lots of champions can animation cancel. Camille can QW for almost an identical effect to Darius's WQ.
: It is intended that she has 250 range, and it actually feels so much better to play her than 125 range champs. IMO the 125 range champs should be buffed up to 175 and the 175 champs should be buffed to 225 or 250. With 125 range you can't even cs from behind your own melee minions unless its perfectly lined up.
: How to fix Warwick clunkiness.
Yeah I'm all down for him getting reduced "clunk". The changes I would give to him are as follows: W: Enemies below 50% HP are revealed by a blood trail. Following the blood trail grants Warwick additional movement speed, tripled if the revealed target is below 25% HP. (Unchanged) [Changed Effect]: Auto-attacking a champion below 50% hp grants Warwick attack speed for 3 seconds, tripled if they are below 25% HP. Reasoning: Making the attack-speed a short-duration buff removes the weird interactions with orbwalking, target swapping and similar. You lose attack speed on your first auto, but it should be much more consistent afterwards and feel better to play. If the weaker first auto is meaningful then he can gain a bit more AS to compensate. E: Does not detonate automatically upon R hit. Can be reactivated during R. Sometimes I actually want damage reduciton whilst ulting R Hitbox: No longer starts behind him. Hitbox ends slightly later. Bug fix W pls.
SH Usopp (NA)
: Am I no longer going to get end of season rewards now?
Just to confirm what the other guy said, that message means that you would not gain honor progress, mastery points/tokens, a chest if earned or lp. It does not refer to season rewards.
Bultz (NA)
: Can we buff WW a little
I would love it if they made AAing a target below a certain HP threshhold grant an AS buff for a short duration. Probably less buggy with fewer wonky interactions with orbwalking than the current iteration. There's some other problems with blood scent being body-blockable (?!) or very slow to update. There's also a bug currently where Evelynn (and other stealth champions?) will continue to have blood scent appear on them if they enter stealth below the threshhold and heal up (which is wrong) but will not grant movement speed (as they shouldn't and is correct).
Sandixcx (NA)
: what's supposed to be difficult about ekko
Positioning the W, mostly. Going for the stun is often a bait. Not saying you can't ever go for the stun (or that people will walk into where you put the W by complete coincidence) but it's primarily a zoning tool and a shield on a delay that requires you to have some foresight as to when you'll be taking damage and where your target will be walking. It's less about mechanical complexity as it is cerebral. He also has an EQ animation cancel that I rarely see Ekkos use that can be a little awkward to learn but isn't difficult to reproduce once you have it down. His clear is less straight-forward than most and requires kiting to be done healthily something that most junglers are incapable of doing - especially on melees. Hell, Qiyana has an awful solo-queue winrate in the jungle JUST because her clear is bad if not done properly and most people don't do it properly.
: His broken as hell, and not only that but you can get 25 sec cd on his ult with right runes as well! Thats right!
If you opt into gimmick runes for the express purpose of having a 25s CD ult and explicitly itemise for 45% CDR which he _will_ reach eventually but usually in the jungle not until 4/5 items (Runic+Proto+Zhonya+Lich Bane), with boots and Morellonomicon being in there somewhere and often wanting to go for Rabadons for increased healing and shielding from his R and W respectively then, yes, you can get 25s CD ult. The reality is that ultimate hunter is garbage because of how _overkill_ it is.
nelogis (EUW)
: Ah sorry missed the 8 seconds thing. Anyway after it's nerfed down to the current 2 seconds for ranged thanks to Ryze and Cassio it wont be viable on Ezreal. The 8 seconds aren't going to stay 8 seconds for ranged I can guarantee you that.
It is possible. We can't say it will not be viable based upon a predicted nerf. Initial conqueror was ad only. If Ryze and Cassio are the abuse cases they could go that way.
: > [{quoted}](name=Abibyama II,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8rGOajeW,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-13T11:21:27.149+0000) > > It all depends on the numbers but generally yes I think this goes 1 of 3 ways 1) She goes the route of Akali and Irelia before her 2) She gets a slight boost but is overall not too affected 3) She ints lane because she now has no shield
Shield is w. Pull is e.
nelogis (EUW)
: Who doesn't know the good'ol predator on Fiora or afterschock or aery or comet or dark harvest or glacial augument or phase rush or lethal tempo Still think Fiora wants that keystone? Just because she can use a wide variety of keystones doesn't mean she can use all of them which this keystones provides you with and if you can only use the keystones for their full potential half of the time then that means you can only use this keystone to it's full potential only half of the time, in which case why not just pick a keystone you can use optimally 100% of the time? why take a wager for nothing?
Fiora being able to roll aftershock is the main thing that is going to make it totally unusable. Dark harvest isn't in the table. Last I checked glacial is but it really shouldn't be. Comet will proc on q, Aery will proc on q, phase rush is honestly fine to get. Lethal or hail of blades don't sound great but aren't unusable. The idea is to quickly cycle through keystones. Getting a comet proc and an electrocute proc in a fight is better than getting just an electrocute proc. Just with the nerfed cd it is... difficult to do so.
nelogis (EUW)
: If not even Luc can support Conq then Ezreal sure as hell can't No he will switch to some bullshit like maybe Aery or Dark Harvest
Conq is being changed and Lucian certainly can support it even if pta is probably still better. Ezreal is likely a better reworked Conq user than Lucian.
5050BS (NA)
: Why 50%? Garen is allowed to full crit
: > [{quoted}](name=WTBeGirl100EUhr,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8pRrWpWE,comment-id=00060000000100000000000000010001,timestamp=2019-11-12T14:57:43.479+0000) > > When he started going full AP with Runeglaive he was overpowered. They also nerfed Runeglaive specifically and not Ezreal. The whole rest of the time that Ezreal was going mid lane - without Runeglaive - he was left untouched because it didn't cause an issue. Ezreal was doing Runeglaive in the bottom lane at that time too. > > Varus was nerfed due to mid lane due to pro play. If it has been a solo queue thing it wouldn't have gotten nerfed. > > Lucian mid / top is currently viable; even if it got nerfed you can't say it got nerfed out of the role > > Kog mid was completely degenerate and there is still at least 1 guy one-tricking AP Kog mid in challenger (NA?) so clearly he wasn't nerfed out of the role. > > I don't even remember Kog'maw jungle existing. Was it a funnelling comp? > > I see more Twitch jungles than Twitch ADCs, personally, but he's played in that role in 40% of the time that he's picked so... I don't see him being nerfed out of the role. Ezreal was hit with the rune glaive changes. They chose to nerf him before removing the item. Lucien top/mid has under a 1% play rate. So no. He was gutted out of the role. Varus proves my point. Nerfed out of the role. Kog mid. Again. Proves my point. Nerfed out of the role. And okay cool? He has a one trick. There’s currently a guy who one tricks teemo jungle to low challenger every season, does that mean teemo is a jungler? Kog jungle was a thing with original blood razor. Then they ripped armor off of him.
Ezreal was nerfed back to where he was before he started abusing Runeglaive. Runeglaive was removed in 5.14. His first balance change before that was 4.18 (a buff) and after was 5.18 (a buff). If people can play it at the highest level then you can play it too. If you can play it then it isn't "nerfed out of the role". Playrate is generally influenced by perception more than actual power. We've seen champion's playrates plummet from nerfs that were in the patch notes but actually did not go live due to an error. We have seen Lucian top in pro play and he hasn't been nerfed since. Lucian is 1.3% playrate in mid lane. Your statement is objectively false. I'd argue that Kog mid deserved to get gutted out of the role since it's degenerate but clearly you can still play it if you actually want to. Teemo jungle isn't so bad.
: Question: what does the data say about how snowbally the game is now?
What metric would you want to use? Average gold diff at 15? Game length? Game length is longer than season 8 or most of season 9. It is interesting your perspective, since in my elo bot lane feels like the only lane that matters. Having winning top and mid but losing bot usually feels like a loss. A 3/0 ADC out of lane feels like they can swing the game harder than a 6/0 top or mid.
: > [{quoted}](name=Adequate Top,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8pRrWpWE,comment-id=000600000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-12T09:04:17.160+0000) > > Literally none of those except Varus and Kog mid were changed at all because of being viable in another role but ok Are you actually about to sit and argue that Ezreal didn’t get gutted when he was jungling and dueling people at level 2 with just a red buff? Are you about to sit and argue that the nerfs Ezreal got when he started going full ap with a runeglaive wasn’t a thing?
When he started going full AP with Runeglaive he was overpowered. They also nerfed Runeglaive specifically and not Ezreal. The whole rest of the time that Ezreal was going mid lane - without Runeglaive - he was left untouched because it didn't cause an issue. Ezreal was doing Runeglaive in the bottom lane at that time too. Varus was nerfed due to mid lane due to pro play. If it has been a solo queue thing it wouldn't have gotten nerfed. Lucian mid / top is currently viable; even if it got nerfed you can't say it got nerfed out of the role Kog mid was completely degenerate and there is still at least 1 guy one-tricking AP Kog mid in challenger (NA?) so clearly he wasn't nerfed out of the role. I don't even remember Kog'maw jungle existing. Was it a funnelling comp? I see more Twitch jungles than Twitch ADCs, personally, but he's played in that role in 40% of the time that he's picked so... I don't see him being nerfed out of the role.
: > [{quoted}](name=WTBeGirl100EUhr,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6xVWR9Tt,comment-id=00080002,timestamp=2019-11-11T22:04:05.921+0000) > > If you "google it" you'll find quite a lot of erogenous zones that are considered acceptable to show - including male nipples. There are erogenous zones beyond genetalia and nipples. maps of human erogenous zones during masturbation and sex with a partner? am i allowed to post the image? we can compare lol also talk about the neck, berry curious what thoughts we might have on the neck.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6xVWR9Tt,comment-id=000800020000,timestamp=2019-11-11T22:28:22.515+0000) > > maps of human erogenous zones during masturbation and sex with a partner? > am i allowed to post the image? we can compare lol > also talk about the neck, berry curious what thoughts we might have on the neck. I'd give the map a miss. Erogenous zones include the nape (the soft part of the neck as you mention), senstive parts of the wrist, the earlobe and the back of the knee, a small area of the lower back, the inner thigh and the navel. Very NSFW areas.
: > Your original response to what I said is that there only being a small number of people wanting the changes was untrue. This means that a large number of people want the changes I think that's where the mistake lies; The absolute number of people wanting change is an unknown, so making any claims about their total nature is necessarily _untrue_. (That is why you can't say it's only a small number who want x, as you don't know how many of the unknown part agree or disagree). I did NOT claim it's _false_, nor did I claim the _opposite_ (I only ever referred to the Karma community outside of the forums/etc as unknown, even though you could reasonably infer at least some weak indications from the 200 person polling I did). It's like the difference between "the person is not guilty" and "the person is innocent", which is not the same thing. Following that metaphor I only stated that your assessment of guilt is incorrect, not that I believe the defendent is innocent (for example, lie detector tests are unreliable, so even if it showed the supposed murderer to be lying, it would have to be dismissed). He could very well be guilty, it just hasn't been shown. Thus I said "untrue=not guilty". > She is fair to play against, does not create game health issues and does not feel oppressive even when strong. People on all sides dislike nearly all of her mantra choices for some reason. RQ has a too high percentage of her kit pushed into a single projectile, to be balanced properly. Either her overall damage is low, or there is too much damage in one shot. RW is, as you pointed out, using the wrong scalings. RE has been causing issues in pro games and had to be nerfed repeatedly. Since Karma has it up too often in lategame teamfights it feels oppressive to fight against. Some people claim "perma uptime shield", which I disagree with, obviously, but I understand where they are coming from. I have frequently REd 3 times in single teamfights before. Add to that her subclass problem, the unusually divided community and her lack of flavour and you can make a good case for her needing work, not just for the sake of the Karma mains themselves. > Just that she needs it much, much less than other champions and that you cannot blindly take the voice of 3 random Karma mains as an indication of what the league of legends community - not what the Karma community - wants. There you go again, implaying I am doing this for selfish reasons. I have been talking to Karma fans (and enemies, for that matter) for roughly 4 years now. In nearly every of the two dozen posts I created I have had conversations with 10-20 people each, not even including those I talked to ingame, on discord and reddit. I am not representing my own opinion anymore. I have long since started trying to work with everyone I know who has ever expressed an opinion on Karma. And to my knowledge I am still the person that made the Karma rework suggestion with the highest upvotes (roughly 300). Which wouldn't be the case if only 3 people wanted that. It is not "3 random Karma mains". This is intentionally belittling the community and that's why I call you dishonest. And sure, I do agree that there are champions who need a VGU or even small scale reworks more than her. But neither does that mean no work can be done to her, nor can there ever only one champion be in the works. RiotNeuroCat's rework attempt last year proved that. > "Preseason is about changes that affect everyone - large systemic changes that would disrupt normal season patches too much and a Karma rework is not in that category nor should it be." None of those fix or adress Karma's issues. Rather clash with her, ever since 5.10 her RW and RE have regularly caused issues, depending on available items and runes (Ardent Censer anyone? Possibly the new ult CD drake?). Karma doesn't have to be adressed in pre-season, quite frankly no-one I know has asked for that or expected that. But NeuroCat could have a chance to pick her up early next year, let's see if she can do it this time.
Right so my "mistake" comes from you using the word "untrue" wrongly. You can say something "isn't necessarily true". You can say something is "unproven". Saying that something is "untrue" is affirming to the opposite. Honestly the comparison between innocent and guilty doesn't work either. Whether someone is innocent or guilty is a constant (and binary) regardless of whether they are known or proven to be innocent or guilty. This is slightly different in a court because they are making a ruling as to what can be proven with the presumption of someone being innocent until proven otherwise - thus - someone who is "not guilty" or cannot be proven to be guilty is innocent because that's how the justice system works - not the language. Stating that something is "untrue" is identical to claiming something is "false". The words mean the same thing. > Karma doesn't have to be adressed in pre-season, quite frankly no-one I know has asked for that or expected that. The OP. Karma has, in the past, been statistically at points where she is grossly overpowered without people really complaining outside of when it has occured due to tank builds. This is fairly consistent with other enchanters like Nami and Janna (which I think is a category that Karma fits into fairly cleanly when building supportive items). Usually when she gets blasted with the nerf bat it's due to pro play, since the AoE shield/haste is something more valued in co-ordinated play. As far as the "3 random Karma mains" comment is concerned, yeah, it's an exagerration to prove a point. Just how the language works. Nothing dishonest about it. Finally, my point - my only point that you have found so contentious - is that only a small number of people **care** about whether or not Karma gets work and that that goes for the vast majority of champions that **do need work.** I have _never_ stated that work shouldn't be done (otherwise no champion would get reworked - most people didn't care about whether or not Warwick got reworked, about whether or not Mordekaiser got reworked until after they did) and that because it only appeals to a small subsection of the community that invalidating the entirety of the preason patch on the premise that they didn't rework Karma was illogical.
: because they are not an erogenous zone. go google it.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6xVWR9Tt,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-11-11T12:25:45.408+0000) > > because they are not an erogenous zone. > go google it. If you "google it" you'll find quite a lot of erogenous zones that are considered acceptable to show - including male nipples. There are erogenous zones beyond genetalia and nipples.
EJNFG (NA)
: yeah but were used to having 1 prestige skin per event (acquire-able through tokens) so we will assume that qiyana will be released in the christmas event
It said that she was for worlds tokens where it was shown. Again, it was not well communicated but it was said.
: Akali was a not-needed insert in True Damage, So was Soyeon. (Unpopular Opinion.)
I feel like in terms of the live performance and stage prescence Soyeon was way, WAY ahead of the others but also that she just kind of... didn't fit. In terms of pure vocal ability they were all very talented and put on great performances but Soyeon (and by extension Akali). It was kind of like a gold tooth. Yeah, like, it's high quality and all but it sticks out like a sore thumb and not usually in a good way.
: > I am disputing the point that there is a "large number of people" who actively want the changes. Nice strawman. I am only pointing to the _evidence_ that Karma mains want that on 3 different platforms, while you are only _speculating_ Karma fans NOT on those platforms want something different, without providing ANYTHING but your repeated claims. Besides you are completely ignoring the gamedesign arguments for it and the ACTUAL designers of the game desiring to work on her too. Bring me something new or get out.
I have to repeat and re-iterate the things I've already said because you're saying that I've said things I haven't said so I repeat them in order to attempt to get you to understand the things that I am actually saying. I haven't speculated anything about Karma fans. I haven't at any point disputed the fact that people who play Karma might want changes. I did state that every champion's mains will usually want changes. Kind of the opposite of what you're saying I've said. Your original response to what I said is that there only being a small number of people wanting the changes was untrue. This means that a large number of people want the changes. There's no strawman on my part. There IS a strawman on your part in almost every post you've made where you've attacked things I haven't even alluded to. Hell, you created a strawman to strawman me by attacking a point I didn't make as a strawman fallacy. What reason does the majority of the community have to want changes to Karma? She is fair to play against, does not create game health issues and does not feel oppressive even when strong. The only exception to any of this is if tank builds become overbuffed and that can easily be addressed through numbers rather than through gameplay changes. I also haven't disagreed that for a person playing Karma it would probably be good that she got changes. All I've ever said is that the vast majority of the people who play League of Legends actually don't care about whether or not a champion that the vast majority of them don't play and have no desire to play and those that do play her do not play her as a main or one-trick. It is from the perspective of a person playing Karma that the developers (all 2 of them) want changes to Karma. Essentially the only point I've ever made is that, as much as this may not mesh with your opinion of how high priority certain things should be, work on Karma is and should be a low priority. People play her, people don't hate playing against her. Her gameplay is flat, her kit is disjointed and lacks a cohesive theme and has an unsatisfying gameplay loop due to a lack of skill expression - a pit many champions for whom shielding is a large part of their kit fall into. I've never even disagreed that she needs work. Just that she needs it much, much less than other champions and that you cannot blindly take the voice of 3 random Karma mains as an indication of what the league of legends community - not what the Karma community - wants. Remember when the entire boards was GAGGING for a Mordekaiser rework? It was practically a meme. But it was just a boards meme. It didn't represent what the larger community wanted - just what the boards wanted because they were choking on a couple of specific board member's desires. Not even a "Mordekaiser-related" community. Now translate that to the bias you would find within a Karma community. I also don't think that you could even begin to argue that Mordekaiser needed the work done less than Karma currently does. Hell, the only reason I even made the original point about not many people wanting work done on Karma is to make the point of "Preseason is about changes that affect everyone - large systemic changes that would disrupt normal season patches too much and a Karma rework is not in that category nor should it be."
: > the other 99% of whatever community you care to mention that isn't inherently Karma-oriented (every champion discord/reddit will say their champion needs work/buffs) doesn't care. You are discrediting vocal fans simply on the basis of them being vocal fans, which is an argument that could be used against anyone. And if it can be used against anyone at any time, it means nothing. Additionally, you do NOT know how other Karma fans are feeling about her, you simply claim they disagree without presenting any evidence. And lastly, we do not argue based on popularity, but use gameplay arguments, which mostly overlap with Meddler's and NeuroCat's assessments. Feel free to disagree with them, but stop implying we are asking for it without reason. > Why are we talking about 1v1s? We are ALSO talking about that. Because you didn't say you were talking ONLY about teamfighting, so I assed all of the manta options' uses. Even for teamfights, there were situations in which RQ was better (catching out/starting fights). But then again, even today RE is the best teamfighting ability for support Karma, so I don't get your point. It seems like you should agree that the mantra options should have more comparable uses? Fun fact, when working on Karma NC noticed that re-adding the damage made the spell feel rather good, as the placement was more important. For whatever reason though she thought adding power into the spell wasn't worth it, because she would've had to take it out somewhere else (presumably the passive, which I think is overtuned af anyways).
> You are discrediting vocal fans simply on the basis of them being vocal fans, which is an argument that could be used against anyone. I am disputing the point that there is a "large number of people" who actively want the changes. There are lots of champions that I would like changes to but most of them I don't really care. That is the case for most people for Karma. That's not "discrediting the vocal fans on the basis of them being vocal fans" that's just acknowledging that a champion's fanbase is not representitive of the wider community.
jovack (NA)
: Given the fact the map recieved little to no changes I'd say it held up pretty well. You sound like you played treeline at the top tanks since all the jungle tunnelling strats never existed until high ranked games. Imagine summoners rift never received a single update over years and the champs were balanced according to some other mode (say aram)... That would also significantly affect the map. Riot had something good going with 3v3 and chose to ignore it
Weirdly, so few people play 3v3 that the matchmaking is very strange. I experienced jungle funnelling in maybe 75% of games as low as gold. In those gold games I would regularly get matched with people much higher and much lower rank. We do play on different servers so it's possible that the meta is different on each one. It's not so uncommon.
: Qiyana prestige skin costs world tokens
The information was _available_although I wouldn't say it was well relayed. I bought the worlds pass to get the Qiyana skin when it came out the the day the pass was released and kept the tokens for her.
jovack (NA)
: 3v3 was poorly promoted. Oh course TFT had a ton of activity in it's release. Everyone was hyped for the "new game genre, the fortnite killer... AUTOCHESS", and made with your favourite league characters. Most people quickly realized how empty the gameplay was, but continued to play... Why? Because of rewards you could use in your real league games. Specifically the emotes make it worth. 3v3 should have been a great way to queue up with a small group and enjoy a tight and streamlined match, which on average ends a bit quicker. But they just pretended it never existed. Even at all Stars they ran 2v2 mode instead of doing a twisted treeline mini tournament. If you haven't tried it ask I can say is you're missing out. The game requires all the same skill, tactics, and strategy (and of course luck and daring) that SR demands. Yet here we have a game with Tactics in the title, but ironically is very light in that department...
I did 3v3 every season since I started playing for ranked rewards. 3v3 is... not fun. The meta is very degenerate, certain champions are not balanced for that gamemode which causes champions that are reasonable in 5v5s being absolutely gross in 3v3. A smaller number of champions means that the teamfighting skill required is a lot lower. Macro play is... "different". I at least understand the arguments of the smaller map making macro faster and thus "harder" but it's also a lot more linear. You have much fewer options. Alters don't really add anything strategically, just something to pick up when it's convenient for a minor advantage because they don't have enough impact to be worth prioritising and the ability to recall whilst taking them makes attempting to contest them feel pretty pointless when you could just re-take them 30s later and ignore the minor advantage that your opponent has for that time.
: League's 1000th Skin is coming up soon! ... And it's not gonna be a anything special sadly.
I guess the Loius Vuitton collaboration for True Damage Qiyana prestige was their idea of "special".
: > My point was that there was a lack of interest, not a conflict of interest. The amount of interest feels like an unknown to me. Or do you base that purely on the fact that the majority are NOT on the boards/reddit/etc? I can get behind that idea, but then, how do you distinguish a vocal minority that conflicts with the majority from one that stems from the majority? Otherwise bringing up a "vocal minority" doesn't make sense as an argument. Maybe I am missing something? > I think the assessment they had was that shield bomb was the highest defensive and damaging option in a lot of situations partially as a result of the large number of passive procs it could give. It was supposed to introduce decision making in "Empowered E isn't correct every time". It wasn't. RW was the best for trading 1v1 and RQ was not as conditional as RE with the potential to double-proc and the potentially highest damage (if you hit both parts). RE would often unintenionally push the lane and if used at range (i.e. targetting a minion) would leave you defenseless. RE was often better than noob Karmas thought, but knowing when to mantra what distinguished a good from a great Karma. And as far as I know Rick never made that claim. It appeared to me that he wanted a damage ability, a CC ability and a defensive ability. "Mega damage, mega root and mega shield" as he called it.
> It wasn't. I mean, regardless of what you "feel" it's fairly evident that it's the same like 3 guys asking for Karma changes the whole time and the other 99% of whatever community you care to mention that isn't inherently Karma-oriented (every champion discord/reddit will say their champion needs work/buffs) doesn't care. > It wasn't. In teamfighting. It was always optimal in teamfighting is the claim that was made. I even mentioned that it was because of the large number of passive procs. Why are we talking about 1v1s?
: > a champion whose pickrate is middling at best and who is not normally played as a main. Shouldn't we listen to the mains a bit more (especially those who are passionate), rather than to the occasional FOTM players tho? Besides, you only know what the "vocal minority" wants and have no clue what the silent majority wants. Without that knowledge you can not truthfully state that there is a conflict of interest, which is why I called that statement untrue. In my experience even the Karma players I talk to ingame occasionally (and those playing against me) agree with my assessments. > Shield bomb was removed for a reason but god knows if that reason was actually any good To quote Rickless "To increase Karma's decision making". Which is ironic, considering that since his changes Karma's mantras are nearly forced upon you based on the build you choose. This, in my humble opinion, shredded her decision making in any situation and motivates the braindead maximizing of value by choosing the mantra that hyperscales with your build, as can be seen by tank Karma and her bonkers RW. Also the fact that shieldbomb returned on so many champions since the removal from her kit shows that it couldn't have been the ability itself. > Lord knows why the freaking fans are so important to people Because fanblades are cool. And they were stripped from her without a thematically equally/more awesome type of weapons. That's why people either want the fanblades back or the half-assed twindragons theme instead. Currently she feels... thematically bleak. Like old Irelia didn't feel like a psi-blade-dancer. > Nerf the passive a bit from spell hits, nerf empowered shield. Fun fact, when Karma still had the shieldbomb (pre 5.10) her AoE shieldvalues were higher than today. On top of having damage. So yes, the power is all in her 4s Mantra CD per enemy hit, which was way healthier at 2s or even 3s.
>Shouldn't we listen to the mains a bit more (especially those who are passionate), rather than to the occasional FOTM players tho? Besides, you only know what the "vocal minority" wants and have no clue what the silent majority wants. Without that knowledge you can not truthfully state that there is a conflict of interest, which is why I called that statement untrue. My point was that there was a lack of interest, not a conflict of interest. Pre-5.10 I think the assessment they had was that shield bomb was the highest defensive and damaging option in a lot of situations partially as a result of the large number of passive procs it could give. It was supposed to introduce decision making in "Empowered E isn't correct every time". Not that I particularly agree with that assessment being true originally.
: Okay what the fuck is up with this jungle exp?
Catch-up Xp will get them usually to a level behind the enemy jungler (since camps will be lower level than the level of a farming jungler that is pathing properly). Farm jungles get level 6 at 6:45 at the absolute latest (third buff) if pathing efficiently. This is around when laners get level 6 and it isn't uncommon to beat a top laner that is losing lane to level 6. A jungler that does not full clear will not usually reach level 6 until around 8 minutes unless they are able to get quick ganks and get kills off of them. The reality is that balanced jungling can give more xp than pure farm jungling because you can get all of your camp xp and then xp from ganks. People on these boards are usually not ranked higher than gold. Of these people most of them don't play jungle. As a result most of them have no idea how to actually path as a jungler and as a result many of these posts are uniformed. Camp timings are already being adjusted to reduce frustration with regard to low elo jungling to benefit farm junglers even though a lot of the best junglers in higher elo in the game like Karthus and Evelynn exclusively farm early game and there is good diversity between ganking and farming junglers.
jovack (NA)
: The thing is though, I really don't enjoy playing the game and am only going for the emote rewards... I'm sad that they're removing a legit mode like 3v3 in favour of this flavour of the year minigame.
I doubt there have been as many 3v3 games played this entire season as there were tft games played in its release week. The reality is that so few people play 3v3 that its removal was inevitable. Whether you blame the lack of support for that is another matter. I don't know anyone who will even play 3v3 for the ranked reward let alone playing it because they enjoy it.
jovack (NA)
: 3 day Orb reset is a bit excessive
The pass also lasts for a lot longer. I should also be playing the game because I enjoy it and not because I feel forced to by a pass that only offers minor rewards.
: > On Karma, the reality is that a very vocal minority of people actually wants work done on Karma. That's untrue. The whole Karma discord and subreddit is in agreement she needs work. How much of the fanbase that is is hard to tell, how many of those playing her without on those sites are actually invested is even harder to evaluate. But even Riot seems to agree she needs work, there is a reason they tried to task NeuroCat with it a year ago. The problem with Karma is, that there is virtually no solution to her kit that pleases everyone. Meddler himself agrees that they created 3 different Karma fanbases; Old Karma (pre 3.5), Shieldbomb Karma (until 5.10) and New Karma (current), that seem to have incongruable desires.
> [{quoted}](name=SilverSquid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pl5kjdOn,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-11-07T23:00:51.850+0000) > > That's untrue. > > The whole Karma discord and subreddit is in agreement she needs work. > How much of the fanbase that is is hard to tell, It's not hard to tell. The only people who will be in the Karma discord and/or subreddit will be a small fraction of people who main Karma - a champion whose pickrate is middling at best and who is not normally played as a main. What you have described is the very definition vocal minority. Ignoring the fact that a lot of champion's reddit and discords would come out and tell you they think they need work to address whatever their specific issues with a champion are - especially those champions that have received reworks. As for what you've said about the problems, I don't disagree there. Karma has had multiple different kits with different avenues for skill expression and high moments coming from different sources. As a result, the experience of playing each iteration has been wholly different and people have grown attached to different aspects of her. Still, give the old fans fans and dragons and re-instate shield bomb and you've probably settled most of the Karma community down. Will it be a better kit? Hey, who knows? Shield bomb was removed for a reason but god knows if that reason was actually any good. Lord knows why the freaking fans are so important to people but since that's the core tenet of old Karma that people seem to have limpeted themselves to, may as well toss that in. Where do we take power out for shield bomb? Pfft, idk. Nerf the passive a bit from spell hits, nerf empowered shield. You know, things that people will say have been destroyed in exchange for a gimmick once you actually put those changes through.
BigFBear (EUW)
: ok that would be VERY unlucky lmao but its funny how hard they flamed me, although i told them that the HP kinda bugged. "You just suck!" "Cool story!" "l2p" etc. xD
Yeah. Baron gets harder to take as time goes by. The game hit 24 minutes so Baron's max hp increased.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=WTBeGirl100EUhr,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pl5kjdOn,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-06T22:45:40.418+0000) > > Duskblade changes mean that there will be less vision denial floating around, since putting gold into that vision denial comes at a real cost now. You do realize there's a new lethality item with the vision denial passive from Duskblade right? And it's 2050 gold.
> since putting gold into that vision denial comes at a real cost now. It's 2400g and gives a very low amount of combat stat. You will lose damage for opting for the vision denial effect. Thus, putting gold into that vision denial (buying the new item) comes at a real cost now (you do less damage).
: Disappointed in The Pre-Season Changes Because of Problems Not Being Addressed
Wukong rework is coming soon (pending art work) but also everything I'm about to say about Karma applies to him too. On Karma, the reality is that a very vocal minority of people actually wants work done on Karma. If you want to invalidate all of the changes in pre-season on the basis that there is no GU for Karma - a project that sits totally seperate to the timeframe of the preseason patch (which is supposed to introduce systemic changes and has nothing to do with gameplay updates) then you have to ask yourself: "What else can I invalidate based on something totally unrelated?" ============== As to AP itemisation... On-hit mage champions - meaning Kayle and debatably Teemo - currently don't particularly have any issues from using Nashor's Tooth and whatever else from the AP itemisation list that suits their playstyle. Items like Nashors, Liandry's, Hextech Gunblade allow both to have core items, with other items like Zhonyas and Void Staff that you can basically build every game. This doesn't mean the system can't be improved but what actually is it that you want to see? What issues do you find there to be with the current pool of AP items available? What about AP bruiser itemisation? This is a class that is much less supported by the current pool of items, with AP bruisers basically having Liandry's and Rylai's as the closest thing to "core" items for the class. Most AP bruisers basically just end up building full AP and hoping to burst stuff before they get burst - badly hurting their lategame relative to their AD counterparts. Melee-only AP items that offer similar functionality to Steraks would allow AP bruisers like Sylas, Mordekaiser and Rumble to itemise more like bruisers. As it stands, mages have access to a wide range of items and AP itemisation is almost objectively better than AD itemisation. Assassin item changes - as they currently stand on PBE - are essentially a straight-nerf. Duskblade is losing its vision denial in exchange for grievous wounds (which is nice, but worth way less than vision denial). You now have to invest 2400g into an understatted item with bad slot efficiency if you want that vision denial (and I'm absolutely for this) but it is objectively a nerf. Build path on Duskblade is nerfed, now building out of pickaxe instead of Caulfields. Edge of Night is nerfed. Zeal changes are a nerf. Brawlers Glove removal is a nerf. Energised effects stacking is potentially a buff once you reach 4 items. New stormrazor is better than the old one (unless you're Kai'sa) but buffing an item no-one builds so that still no-one builds it isn't going to do anything. As for DOT-focused rune, the only champion we're actually discussing here is Malzahar. Cassiopeia isn't going to give up Phase Rush unless there's something absurdly overtuned or abusive (q-max comet cassio), and whilst Comet isn't the most interesting of runes and people don't like the fact that it can miss (something I would be happy to see addressed as it is the only rune that has this trait), it does a good job of providing an aggressive option for DOT mages when combined with Aerie, which will proc twice in most situations on DOTs virtually without CD if you want almost identical damage to comet but more reliable damage. In terms of DOT runes, what would you want to see? I'm sure that you're just going to say "Deathfire Touch" but how does that provide anything that existing options do not? Why does a very, very narrow berth of champions need its own keystone when there are already keystones that support them? ============== Damage isn't going to get toned down because in the regions that Riot cares more about (read: China) they think damage is good where it is. Reports that damage is going up in preseason is largely fake news (in 1/4 games damage will go up to where triple infernal currently stands, in 1/4 games damage will be lower than is baseline now and in the rest it will be the same as current). You will not see Elder die most games for the execute to matter. SHOULD reworking older champions that many people do love in their current form be higher priority than adding new champions that could bring to the table what the reworked versions of these older champions would bring, whilst still allowing people to keep their old favourites? I'm sure that a huge portion of the community would prefer it if the Aatrox rework was a wholly new champion rather than an Aatrox rework. Riot already confirmed that they're planning on releasing fewer new champions than they used to and are committing to more larger-scale VGUs. ============= The reason that these things you're asking for aren't being addressed is that **Riot doesn't actually see them as issues** and in some cases I agree with that. The changes do affect some things that people are ignoring. Dragon changes mean that baron is harder to take. Turrets last longer. Damage is - IMO - slightly lower on average. High-rolling 3-stack infernals won't happen anymore causing an early game win to become impossible to outscale due to having triple infernal off of their early lead. Yes, there's the dragon soul buffs to consider now, but it all resting on a single dragon gives much more comeback potential. Duskblade changes mean that there will be less vision denial floating around, since putting gold into that vision denial comes at a real cost now. Support pool opens up with the addition of AD support items, making some champions that had some potential to go support but lacked itemisation have real potential. Support items have much better restrictions on them - less likely to affect an actual support but much more likely to affect someone poaching the item. Doran's Shield and Kleptomancy changes make ranged top laners feel less crap to play against. Spear of Shojin is being removed. Conqueror is losing its true damage.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Bad Touch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ix1rnlss,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-11-06T05:57:01.031+0000) > > No hands down the best way to buff tanks.... is to globally lower damage. > > Cause let's be real here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pebEONk7TSY is silly. Very VERY stupid of an example. Tanks do indeed have trouble tanking. However the above video is plainly wrong. Ornn has NOT mastercraft mr item. He has, from what i can guess an 55 mr item and at best merc boots. You need much more to tank evelynn late game. Evelynn also has both an mr shred and max%hp dmg in her e.
Yeah, this is not a good example. You're picking the one assassin that actually excels at killing tanks due to her having strong %maxHP damage and %MR shred at full build when she is - by design - one of the weakest assassins early and strongest late due to how low her base damages are and how absurd her AP ratios are. This is like those example of "Bill Gates dropped out of school and he did great so me failing my exams doesn't matter!", like, yeah, he dropped out of a highly prestigious school because he already had something else going for him. It's not the same thing.
: Senna Thought so far. ADC or Support ?
Senna is much more encouraged to look for aggressive Qs than Lulu is with E. Going full lethality with IE feels like the best way to go even as a support. Might see athenes and/or redemption as a pick up. Doubt we'll see much else. Certainly don't think we'll see any full enchanter Senna. Her AP ratios are really, really bad and seem to mostly be there to make the AP on enchanter items feel "less bad". Her not getting souls from minions if she last hits them as often means that she actually scales much worse as a support than as an ADC. New support items kill any kind of double-support item bot lane like we've seen before a lá Sona/Taric so she won't see pick up there where she doesn't farm early so that she can stack souls and then starts taking farm when she completed support item.
5050BS (NA)
: {{champion:7}} Too she can full 4 ability combo in under .5s
Leblanc just has short cast times. This is different to animation cancelling.
Show more

WTBeGirl100EUhr

Level 249 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion