Rioter Comments
: It’s a feature not a bug I think it’s also says this is intended in his ability description
> [{quoted}](name=Polaris I,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=qFFrZWh8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-10T13:24:00.325+0000) > > It’s a feature not a bug > > I think it’s also says this is intended in his ability description Well, it's a dumb feature then and it should be changed because it's not obvious at all. The rule is you can't use movement abilities while rooted and this is a movement effect. It's really not obvious and should be changed. It doesn't feel natural at all. I guess they just left it because it's either hard to fix or they are lazy. From the game design perspective it makes no sense at all.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Auto fill is fine. TLDR @ bottom
Just because it was worse in the past, doesn't mean it can't be even better right now. You are mixing the pick system with the autofill system. Autofill is there just to make the queue times shorter, nothing more. And it would be much better if there was an option to simply disable autofill and you won't get autofilled but you may need to wait more in the queue. I would use that feature because I dodge when I get autofilled anyway. And I'm sure many other people would do the same, even if not, it's good to have that option. And the pick system would still stay the same.
: I'd think support could take a look at that again, but, I do see a problem with allowing it, even if it were in dutch. Is there any context where you'd use kiss in a game? Hardly. That being said, I could see a way they could incorporate the Danish language and still continue to use their zero-tolerance to "kys" in the game. That being said, the risks (allowing people to say kys given specific circumstances) outweigh the benefit to allowing dutch players to say "kiss" in the game, by a wide margin imo.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2019-08-28T05:36:07.804+0000) > > I'd think support could take a look at that again, but, I do see a problem with allowing it, even if it were in dutch. Is there any context where you'd use kiss in a game? Hardly. That being said, I could see a way they could incorporate the Dutch language and still continue to use their zero-tolerance to "kys" in the game. That being said, the risks (allowing people to say kys given specific circumstances) outweigh the benefit to allowing dutch players to say "kiss" in the game, by a wide margin imo. That's the point, it happens rarely and it takes a support 5 minutes to translate the text with google translate and understand the context and see that the player didn't mean anything bad. The bot can keep banning automatically just make your supports use a brain and common sense so they can deal with situations like this. It's not fair at all to keep players at fear of using their native language just because some word in it corresponds to an insult or something in English. Train your support to use google translate if they can't figure out how to use it themselves, because apparently they don't know how.
: They claim they can make such an advanced bot that can tell intent behind messages sent in chat about if they toxic or not but they can't even do something as simple as set the zero tolerance bot to know what language someone is speaking when it looks for trigger words {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=iamthegoatofwar,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-08-28T01:40:29.243+0000) > > They claim they can make such an advanced bot that can tell intent behind messages sent in chat about if they toxic or not but they can't even do something as simple as set the zero tolerance bot to know what language someone is speaking when it looks for trigger words {{sticker:sg-lulu}} The bot is not even that big of a deal, the saddest thing is that not even the support wants to help you after the bot falsely bans you
: You can't expect their system to filter that. It's a crappy coincidence, but one nonetheless. How can you claim this to be xenophobic? It was filtered for obvious reasons. Don't race bait.
> [{quoted}](name=ChiefDovahkin,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-08-27T21:46:40.194+0000) > > You can't expect their system to filter that. It's a crappy coincidence, but one nonetheless. How can you claim this to be xenophobic? It was filtered for obvious reasons. Don't race bait. The problem is not with the system, but with the support who doesn't want to revoke the ban even though it's obvious that the player did nothing wrong.
: It IS common knowledge. If you actually think it's not common knowledge by now then you're either ignorant or a fool.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=000800000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-27T21:40:07.341+0000) > > It IS common knowledge. If you actually think it's not common knowledge by now then you're either ignorant or a fool. You seem to be the ignorant one because you think everyone knows English and what a random acronym in English means. I too am an English speaker and when kys started to get popular i literally thought it meant "kiss" but sarcastically like when you send the :* emoji after someone insults you or something. Good thing I checked on google what it actually means before i wanted to use it. And for someone who doesn't speak English at all I don't see how are they supposed to know how it means.
: At this point it's common knowledge that typing "kys" nets you a ban. We're literally talking about a person being ignorant, STILL typing it and then pulling a confused pikachu. It doesn't matter if it means "kiss" or whatever in danish. It has a different meaning in english.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-27T21:08:45.102+0000) > > At this point it's common knowledge that typing "kys" nets you a ban. We're literally talking about a person being ignorant, STILL typing it and then pulling a confused pikachu. It doesn't matter if it means "kiss" or whatever in danish. It has a different meaning in english. First of all it's not common knowledge, many people don't even know what that means and might actually type it by accident but that's another issue. If they only know Danish how are they supposed to know that there is some random shorthand in English that's offensive? If they knew that they would probably have avoided typing that word. So you are saying that everyone should just speak English or get banned? There is no such rule about which language you have to speak. And since he was speaking Danish and not English it DOES matter what it's in Danish and it doesn't matter what it is in English. The automated system flawed because it doesn't understand either context or the languages and that's why there is a support team to deal with all the edge cases, and now they don't want to do their job and help the players. Saying that the Danish language is "not supported" is imho such a lazy excuse since they can easily and reliably use google translate to at least understand the context but they are just too lazy to do that, and that's the issue.
: What you people have to understand is that by doing this ONCE you have to do it every time. In the end it doesn't matter. There's a few specific languages Riot supports and that's it.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-08-27T19:15:43.380+0000) > > What you people have to understand is that by doing this ONCE you have to do it every time. In the end it doesn't matter. There's a few specific languages Riot supports and that's it. And so what if they have to do it each time? It's literally the job of a support. Cases like this happen rarely and it takes the support specialist 5 minute work to translate the text in google translate and use common sense to see if they were actually flaming someone or is it just a word from another language. Might as well just replace the support team with bots since apparently they are "unable" to do any work that requires even the smallest amount of common sense. Just leave the bot to ban anyone and remove the support team, they are not needed if they are not going to deal with edge cases like this. If they are not going to change this then at least warn the players beforehand that they will get banned if they don't speak the supported languages.
: The "Ban words" system should be aware of location specific meanings
This rujitra guy is basically saying "If we can't support all the languages even the dead ones that nobody speaks we won't support any other than the few selected ones" This is plain stupid. And I don't know why you don't want to use google translate, it supports **all** modern languages and even many smaller ones that a few people speak. I'm pretty sure it would cover most and probably all your cases like this one. You will **maybe** have 1 case in 10 years that you won't be able to solve with google translate. And please tell me how it's better to just ban many players instead of using google translate and common sense to help them? Oh I know, it's better for you because you are all lazy in riot and you don't care about the players at all. And I know you won't do anything about this case and the cases that will happen in the future, because that's how you are. YOU DON'T CARE.
: The "Ban words" system should be aware of location specific meanings
Supports are there to deal with edge cases, you are not supposed to draw any lines when you are a support. You go and try your best to help the people.
rujitra (NA)
: So the line is google translate. That seems like a **very** flaky and arbitrary line.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=0003000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-27T18:34:50.000+0000) > > So the line is google translate. > > That seems like a **very** flaky and arbitrary line. People spend years and years of their time into their accounts, and you can't spend 5 minutes to try to understand their situation and help them. And they will now lose all those years, even though it's not their fault just because you don't want to spend 5 minutes to help. Really shows how much you care about the players
rujitra (NA)
: Riot did not misunderstand the situation. Riot is not obligated to recognize any argument based on the usage of a non-supported language.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=0003000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-27T18:31:43.031+0000) > > Riot did not misunderstand the situation. > > Riot is not obligated to recognize any argument based on the usage of a non-supported language. Any normal company would try their best to help their customers and you are doing the exact opposite, you have this situation where you know the player is right but you won't help him "out of principle". How stupid is that? And almost every language for 99.9% of the players can be consistently translated using google translate and it's accurate enough to understand the context. You drew some imaginary line just because you are lazy and don't want to do a bit of extra work and go to google translate and try your best to help the people, which is not even taking that much time to do anyway.
rujitra (NA)
: Completely different. If you go to a foreign country, you are expected to follow their laws, regardless of the laws in your country. As a prime example, in Canada, marijuana is legal for medical *and* recreational use. You cannot cross the border with it or use it in the US. Riot does not support the Danish language - thus the Danish language is not supported as a language for use in League of Legends. It is not at all feasible to have Riot trained in the thousands of languages spoken across the world just for these cases.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-08-27T18:18:52.332+0000) > It is not at all feasible to have Riot trained in the thousands of languages spoken across the world just for these cases. You are not supposed to support all the languages but just use the goddamn common sense and help people in situations like this. That's what a support is supposed to do, try to help people the best you can. A quick google translate would show you that the person didn't mean anything bad. If using google translate is too hard to use for your support then that just shows further more how incompetent of a company you are.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I hope TFT fails
Don't worry it will if they don't change something. And that something is item drops. They just don't want to give everyone the same amount of items even though the whole community is asking for that. The game just feels too unfair to be played like this.
Rioter Comments
Dyrreah (EUNE)
: They dodged. Or if he starts saying K I'M TROLLING in chat your team will dodge. I just spared 15 minutes of my life that I don't have to spend with an autistic 13 year old. Even if I dodge, I'll take the 3 lp loss.
> [{quoted}](name=Dyrreah,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dE5EhlLu,comment-id=000600000001,timestamp=2019-07-29T11:52:33.860+0000) > > They dodged. Or if he starts saying K I'M TROLLING in chat your team will dodge. I just spared 15 minutes of my life that I don't have to spend with an autistic 13 year old. Even if I dodge, I'll take the 3 lp loss. You didn't get my point at all. Just dodge in the first place if you don't like your team picks, we can skip the banning fiesta
Barkley (NA)
: and if they get salty and butthurt and start trying to troll, I screenshot their piss poor behavior, dodge, and submit a player behavior ticket on them. Easy peasy. If you're too stupid to realize: -you're giving a top-tier pick over to the enemy just because you wanted to play it and you're last pick -you're getting upset that I tried to give our team the strategic advantage by banning it because I want to win and I don't care what you want to play and you're going to throw a little toddler temper tantrum because of that -- you don't deserve to play this game. If I'm last pick and I'm hovering some top-tier champion, and it gets banned by my own team -- I understand why and I roll with it. Because I have a goddamn brain in my head and I'm not some hormonal 13 year old who thinks the world revolves around me. I understand its probably for the best and it wasn't a goddamn personal attack on my fragile little ego. I will continue screenshotting and reporting kids like this, and i don't regret it. I will also continue to ban top-tier picks regardless of if my 4th or 5th pick team mates want them.
> [{quoted}](name=Barkley,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dE5EhlLu,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-07-28T17:04:33.326+0000) > > and if they get salty and butthurt and start trying to troll, I screenshot their piss poor behavior, dodge, and submit a player behavior ticket on them. Rarely anyone submits tickets for trolls in champion select. And what are we left with? Either a dodge or a troll game. And if Riot decides remove teammate banning then we are left with just dodges and those will happen only if the enemy actually picks the OP champion, which there really aren't any in the game right now. So this would basically reduce trolling, dodges and flaming. If you ban the OP champion, your teammate who wanted to play it will most likely troll so you would need to dodge anyway. Banning teammate's champions is literally useless and only brings more toxicity into the game.
: Hypothetical: A duo enters a lobby, one is mid. They each hover the mid's mains, Yasuo and Zed. They do this in order to prevent allies from banning the mid player's pick. The enemy locks in Yasuo and bans Zed or vice versa. Hypothetical: A player is about to ban a champion they do not like, but the client lags as it is prone to do. An ally decides that the ban is a bad ban; so, they immediately hover the champion after making their ban just to prevent the player from proceeding with banning the champion they want to ban. Summation: Players will exploit and abuse systems like this either for their own benefit or to deliberately ruin the experiences of others.
> [{quoted}](name=Is So Chill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dE5EhlLu,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-07-28T18:01:54.751+0000) > > Hypothetical: A duo enters a lobby, one is mid. They each hover the mid's mains, Yasuo and Zed. They do this in order to prevent allies from banning the mid player's pick. The enemy locks in Yasuo and bans Zed or vice versa. > > Hypothetical: A player is about to ban a champion they do not like, but the client lags as it is prone to do. An ally decides that the ban is a bad ban; so, they immediately hover the champion after making their ban just to prevent the player from proceeding with banning the champion they want to ban. > > Summation: Players will exploit and abuse systems like this either for their own benefit or to deliberately ruin the experiences of others. I have no idea what you tried to say in the first hypothetical scenario. For the second one it's the same with the current system, if someone hovers a champion they want to play other players can ban it because they are trolls. But this kind of trolling would happen less with bans, because banning is much faster and sabotaging a ban is not as significant as sabotaging picks, because you can have a one-trick and if someone bans it intentionally then that player will be useless. If you block a ban however, it wouldn't have that much impact and it wouldn't even happen that often because the time between picking a ban and pressing the ban button is very short. While for the hover and pick the time is much longer.
Barkley (NA)
: No. Because you get idiots that hover high priority meta picks when they’re last to pick and clearly won’t get that champion. No. No. No.
> [{quoted}](name=Barkley,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dE5EhlLu,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-28T16:21:25.101+0000) > > No. Because you get idiots that hover high priority meta picks when they’re last to pick and clearly won’t get that champion. > > No. No. No. And when you ban their champion, what happens? They troll or dodge. Banning someone's champion solves nothing
Rioter Comments
: Riot next week: We decided to remove our forums since there was no activity, and from now own you can post on reddit while we have more slaves and bots to censor everything that isn't esport, and submit a bugs via tickets, we don't care about them anyway until we see them in a live stream esport tournament.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6p3WuPj3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-23T12:09:08.641+0000) > > Riot next week: We decided to remove our forums since there was no activity, and from now own you can post on reddit while we have more slaves and bots to censor everything that isn't esport, and submit a bugs via tickets, we don't care about them anyway until we see them in a live stream esport tournament. The worst thing is they don't even fix the tournament ones. There were many bugs happening at the last MSI. Mostly spectator bugs and they still haven't fixed the spectator yet. They just don't care. I don't see how they don't understand that this is very damaging for their reputation (which is already very low). They have some serious incompetence issues internally which if they don't resolve will cause even more problems. Bugs are just stacking up they don't fix anything. In the last patch notes there were like only 5 bugfixes. Their PR is also horrible because they don't talk to us about these issues at all. They are ignoring the community and it's very obvious. But it's going to backfire to them and already has.
Yenn (NA)
: I have a support main in top lane against a million mastery Darius main
Because riot thinks it's better to wait 1 minute less in queue than to have a balanced game with people actually playing their roles.
: one gold is not worth 2 or 3 items
Everyone is saying this but they don't want to listen for some reason.
: > [{quoted}](name=TrenixPL,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ZtPX4lXc,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T18:50:13.978+0000) > > That's called casual gaming, a genre created by this younger generation that instead of playing and getting better, they'd rather have crap handed to them, even if they're terrible. Even though that everyone knows this game is based way more on luck than it is skill, they actually believe the opposite, because that's how entitled they are. This game is like the equivalent of playing a slot machine. Some people win and some people lose. There is no hidden secret or skill needed, besides simply knowing the basics. Literally does not matter how many items you have, I once had a team with four 3 star champs crushed by a full team of 2 star assassins. Literally just build pyke, rengar, kha and you'll win long enough to put together a 2 or 3 star kat.
> [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ZtPX4lXc,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T19:09:58.725+0000) > > Literally does not matter how many items you have, I once had a team with four 3 star champs crushed by a full team of 2 star assassins. Literally just build pyke, rengar, kha and you'll win long enough to put together a 2 or 3 star kat. It does matter, a lot. Try fighting against the same team like yours, except they have more items and see which one would win.
: I like how you made item RNG worse
I don't understand why they just don't give everyone the same amount of items. They say it's "for fun" because there is more RNG so it should be more fun. But I disagree, it's not fun at all. Which item you get is random in itself and that's just enough randomness. Having the amount of items random as well is just not fun and feels very unfair.
Rioter Comments
Anevain0 (NA)
: Spatulas can only be obtained from carousel and therefore your argument and your quoted statement have absolutely no correlation.
> [{quoted}](name=Anevain0,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=4HOMjBEE,comment-id=00060006,timestamp=2019-07-05T16:05:02.856+0000) > > Spatulas can only be obtained from carousel and therefore your argument and your quoted statement have absolutely no correlation. That's not true, they can be obtained through monster drops as well. I got them a few times. And my argument is not specific to the situation of 3 force of natures anyway, it's about some players getting way more items than the others in a game, no matter what those items are. The amounts are the problem.
: Teamfight Tactics-- /Dev Update: Your Feedback and the Road Ahead
"We’ve already seen player stories of that one game where they managed to get 3 Force of Natures! This is a good thing." No, it's not a good thing. Yeah it's fun or whatever but for competitive play it's totally unfair, there is no strategy involved when you get less items that someone else. There is however if you get worse item than someone and then you need to find a good use for them. All players should get the same amount of items. "we think RNG is good for Teamfight Tactics in the long term" it is good but too much is not good. Getting random items is enough randomness in itself. But getting random amount of items is just unfair and not fun at all. When you can just make 1 item and you see someone who already has 3 items, it's hard to beat them with your strategy alone. It's simply too much randomness. Just make everyone get the same amount of items. That's the first thing I hear people complain about when they try this game. Items should work on the same principle as you get champions. Imagine if the amount of champions was also random. Some people get to choose from 2 champs and some from 5 champs. It's just nonsense. It's neither fair or fun.
Bunnymap (NA)
: Sometimes seemingly simple things can require a lot of effort to fix due to the problems being deep in the code connected with a ton of things. I sure if Riot really wanted to fix it, they could, but it’s really not worth the time and effort it would take.
> [{quoted}](name=Bunnymap,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zy3Yr77f,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-21T17:31:16.803+0000) > > Sometimes seemingly simple things can require a lot of effort to fix due to the problems being deep in the code connected with a ton of things. I sure if Riot really wanted to fix it, they could, but it’s really not worth the time and effort it would take. I have stopped playing the game, and this issue was one of the bigger reasons for that decision. If keeping the players in the game is not worth the time and effort, then sure they can just keep ignoring it.

Warix3

Level 218 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion