: Akali
> [{quoted}](name=LoveNacho,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=If9HQhUG,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-22T15:30:58.818+0000) > > I think most people can agree that old Akali is way less cancerous than this tumor of a champion is today. Let's agree to disagree. New Akali isn't perfect, but at least she has some counterplay. Old one had 100% of her damage being point and click, which combined with 3 dashes which used to reset on takedown and sustain means that there was no counterplay. She just stat checked whoever was in range and that someone either died if her stats were enough or she died if they weren't.
Rewt (NA)
: Bans in ARAM should definately be a permanent mainstay
Riot cares more about money coming from ARAM-only accounts than they care about the game mode itself being fun the way it's meant to be, so that won't happen.
FSRER (EUNE)
: Why can't they simply do what they have done with rune pages aka giving you the ability to be able to both pay with blue essence and with RP. That would be the right way to do things
Because that would be a sensible thing to do. Riot has given up on sensible a long time ago.
Ztoka (NA)
: So sad a game that had mostly bot accounts is going away.. I mean, that's why they kill game modes, not enough real people play them to justify things. That's why dominion left. Very small fan base taking resources away from where they could be utilized better. Hopefully they can put those minimal resources to use elsewhere.
> [{quoted}](name=Ztoka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=v2AhIFl4,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-08-02T19:35:04.760+0000) > > So sad a game that had mostly bot accounts is going away.. I mean, that's why they kill game modes, not enough real people play them to justify things. That's why dominion left. Very small fan base taking resources away from where they could be utilized better. > Hopefully they can put those minimal resources to use elsewhere. And what's the reason TT is a bot-infested cesspool with a small playerbase? Exactly the fact that they didn't put any resources into the game mode. So by axing it they don't need to put resources into fixing problems made by not putting any resources to it in the first place. ARAM is next on the chopping block, mark my words. TFT is the new shiny cash cow that gets all the attention, and all the bots will have to migrate somewhere once TT is gone. "But Weiss, ARAM is a more popular mode so it won't happen", I hear you say. That's exactly how people laughed off the grim predictions of TT being retired once Dominion got axed for the same reason; people were saying "there is no way Riot would just delete one of main game modes that was there from the start. And look where we are now,
Mártir (EUW)
: Removing Twisted Treeline (3v3)? WTF Riot? Serious?
> [{quoted}](name=Mártir,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rhfdVaUJ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-31T17:56:05.899+0000) > > And Im not gonna say "Your Incomes will decrease/The player base will drop" if they remove 3v3, because I dont think so. > That's exactly why they are removing it. SR is the primary game mode and as such it makes money. ARAM makes money from people making ARAM-only account and buying all the best champions to get an unfair edge (also why they removed bans despite universally positive reactions to them; profit from ARAM-only accounts is more important than actual game balance). TFT makes money from RNG eggs. People might enjoy TT, but it doesn't make money. And the time Riot valued players over their wallets has long passed.
: I think riven needs a little q buff
I think Karthus needs a buff as well. He's already dead but somehow you can still kill him. Riot please make Karthus permanently have Tryndamere ult on as a new passive because otherwise it makes no sense.
Edu26333 (EUW)
: i got suspended
If you were indeed in a full party, get all of your teammates to say that they reported as a joke. Riot actually overturned a case or two like that when all 4 teammates chimed in. Shouldn't be a hard thing to do if what you're saying is true.
: Not a regular revert Akali post
Let's not pretend that old Akali didn't have her own mountain-sized pile of problems different than the new one. She was a champion with truckloads of sustain, several dashes and 100% of her damage being point and click, thus turning her into one of biggest stat checks in game. Did she have enough stats to kill someone. She killed that someone. Did she not have enough stats to do so? She was useless since she brought nothing else to the team. As much as new Akali is hated, I'd rather play against 10 good players on new Akali than have just one game versus a good player on old Akali.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Yuumi would likely detach from her friendly champion because that space is only for 1v1s.
It's confirmed from people who playtested that she gets detached.
NLxgeorgex (EUNE)
: LeaverBuster "Ban/Penalty" Appeal
If you know your internet is bad, then don't play team-based online games. Period.
: She does not make me jump for joy when i see her in my lane.
Still way better than old Akali. Did she have enough stats to kill you? You just die because she has 3 dashes and all her damage is point and click. Then your nearby teammate dies because she got her dash charges back and healed for a crapton while killing you. Did she lack stats to kill you? She's useless.
: Can we all get those rewards too?
Ehh. 3 chests, some champions and a mediocre skin. We aren't exactly missing out on anything. What I really want is those icons new players get for completing the tutorial. Ahri and MF ones are beautiful; and what exactly is the reasoning for not giving something as trivial as icons to old players? They aren't even available for purchase if I'm not mistaken; if you made your account before they got available tough luck.
Hotarµ (NA)
: >that champion is nerfed around the rune instead of the rune getting reworked.  So we should nerf the rune and indirectly all the other champions who depend on it? I agree that nerfing a champion isn't a good idea but it's the lesser of two evils. Do you nerf a champion who's too strong with a rune or indirectly nerf the other 20+ champions who use it? Balancing every keystone's interaction with every single champion is almost impossible since we have 140+ champions at the moment.
These runes were just a mistake. As you said, you can't balance a rune around all champions that use it so you have to change champions themselves. Then you nerf a champion who is too strong with a rune so they are forced into taking the said rune in order to compete. And then, what's the point of having a rune system? You will take the same keystone 100% of the time and + whatever minor runes don't suck on your champion and that's it. No point in having choices at all.
Rhai (EUNE)
: Wouldn't removing the runes and balancing around the champions be better instead? The runes doesn't seem to have cause anything but trouble.
That's what we had, but if there's something Riot's balance team is best at then its attempting to fix stuff that isn't broken until they break them and then leave actually broken stuff lying around because they can't admit mistakes unless it's a beyond gamebreaking fuck-up like 5.0 AS Koggles.
Hotarµ (NA)
: Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I think the person spoiling it is still a jerk, but it's just kind of ridiculous to punish someone for something as trivial as spoiling a movie. That's my 2cents, anyway.
It certainly has a higher impact than your average trashtalking tho. Someone in an online game calling you an idiot and describing sexual acts with your mother? Everyday occurrence, most of us have learned to shrug it off by now. Someone spoiling and therefore sucking the fun out of something you were really looking forward to? Way more likely to get a person tilted. We are already punishing people for being jerks in chat to each other. And this is one kind of being a jerk that actually has impact outside of the game, so going by current rules about what gets punished and what doesn't, it should get punished.
: yeah but riot doesn't care about banrate, yasuo has had a high winrate for years and riot doesn't care
But unlike Akali Yasuo has several Epic skins and a Legendary so it's in Riot's interest to keep their golden boy strong and buff him the moment they suspect he might get slightly on the weak side.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Can we make Tryndamere less idiot proof please?
Tryndamere just needs the old Eve treatment at this point; nerf him into 30% winrate or something until full rework. There isn't a single redeemable factor in his kit to be worth keeping in current day's League.
: There is a line between being defensive and giving immunity to cc for extended periods to your ADC with ur only hope being you have a burst mage or ap assassin since you usually just can't burst the shield. Morgana at high elo is incredibly unfun to play vs
Her shield is not hard at all to burst during laning unless she maxes it first, in which case she's giving up on Q which carries the majority of her kill pressure. Even Thresh, whom she supposedly hard counters in lane can Q, jump in (since shield only blocks the drag portion of the ability), AA once with E passive and the shield is gone while Thresh still has his other 2 CC abilities to use. Only champion who really has a problem with it is Pyke since he is 100% physical but honestly, fuck Pyke. Even later in the game it's not that hard to burst the shield. Sure, it has high base and scaling but Morgana usually operates on a support budget. During mid game your mage should have enough advantage in items over Morgana to quickly eat through the shield. Or just have someone like Zed instead who doesn't care at all about a shield blocking magic damage and CC, no matter how fat it is.
: another morgana nerf????!?!?!?!
It's quite simple, really. She blocks playmaker supports such as Thresh or Pyke from hooking then deleting someone in tandem with their ADC and can deny assassins on mid by playing safe and farming with W. And since only way Riot wants you to win the game is "do more damage than the opposing team and do it faster than them" champions who enable playing defensively can't be allowed to thrive.
y0r1ck (NA)
: Yay just what we needed! More balance suggestions from players who can't punish a yasuo even when he wastes abilities. For real though, there's no need for this. Just get good. If Yasuo is under your tower, hit him. If he uses his wall to stop you from hitting him, kill him when he tries to cs. There, I didn't even charge you. You're welcome.
Why are so many arguments about "X champion is fine" based on a person playing them being a monkey? Yes, a bronze Yasuo will waste Windwalls (as hard as it is to waste that skill, since you can literally panic-cast it in the completely opposite direction than that of an incoming missile and it will still intercept it due to starting as a 360 degree protection). Windwall is a reactive skill, and that's how a good Yasuo player will use it - to react to a big threat instead of throwing it to intercept a random Karthus autoattack. You're the one wasting abilities against the Windwall in skilled hands, not the other way round.
: What are your favourite, funniest and/or most memorable League of Legends bugs?
Viktor's interaction with old Twisted Fate's passive. For those who weren't around at the time, Viktor's ultimate did damage rapidly, several times per second instead of pulsing every two seconds, and Twisted Fate granted everyone on his team additional gold for CS instead of just to himself. So what happened? Somehow they made Viktor's ultimate trigger TF's passive for himself every time his ultimate damaged something - not killed, just damaged. So Viktor could pretty much walk up to a full HP minion wave with empty pockets, cast ultimate on it, then go back and buy a Deathcap. Then they fixed it but made his laser go invisible. Seemed like for each fixed bug he got at least one new bug to show off. On a second place I'd put a missing decimal point on Nasus' ultimate AP scaling. So instead of having a 0.01 scaling it had a 001 - on a skill that caused % damage. You could buy 1 AP item and go around dealing 100% max HP per second to anything getting anywhere near you.
: Unpopular opinion but the person who bought the account was probably never privy to the fact that it was stolen to begin with when they bought it. If they've been using it as a main account as far back as you say (season 2? wow.) then I gotta say your friend is acting like a complete asshole with keeping the original friends on there and everything making this guy suffer even more. He bought some shitty league account years ago, it's not like he did anything serious. I'd even consider talking to the person who owned it all these years to see if you could work out a deal with them to let them keep the recovered account.
> [{quoted}](name=REVERT EVE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ij4aPKY4,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-04-30T00:41:08.694+0000) > > Unpopular opinion but the person who bought the account was probably never privy to the fact that it was stolen to begin with when they bought it. If they've been using it as a main account as far back as you say (season 2? wow.) then I gotta say your friend is acting like a complete asshole with keeping the original friends on there and everything making this guy suffer even more. > > He bought some shitty league account years ago, it's not like he did anything serious. I'd even consider talking to the person who owned it all these years to see if you could work out a deal with them to let them keep the recovered account. So if someone stole your car and did one hell of a custom job on it, and police happened to find it, would you not want your car back? Would you cut a deal with the thief so that they might keep the car? Also, buyers' friends started it. OP's friend didn't make them come and trash talk him into returning his own property to the guy who illegally acquired it. Is it nice to laugh at their expense? No. But if they didn't send angry messages there would be nothing to laugh at. Last but not least, it's the buyers' own fault. Trading accounts is clearly against ToS, so by buying an account they signed up for a risk of permanently losing it - either by Riot's intervention if account is detected as sold or like this, when account didn't even belong to the seller in the first place and original owner recovered it.
H00KIE (NA)
: Why can we still not see skins ingame?
I don't get it why they don't just make every skin available in practice mode. What, are they afraid people will get their fix of fancy new skins while beating up straw dummies and continue playing the actual game satisfied with default skins? Or, more likely, they just don't want to lose the profits from people being mislead into buying a shitty skin with a superior splash art. *cough*GrimReaperKarthusWhoLooksNothingLikeAGrimReaperInGame*cough*
uNhoLeee (OCE)
: lower her free stats on ultimate (dragon form) and they can play AP (if they enjoy that) to their hearts content, though I suspect most are just abusing it for freelo.
So, nerf the main build because of a gimmick that should have never been a thing? How about no? Also, word "free" doesn't mean what you think it means.
: > [{quoted}](name=Weiss Guertena,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P1UqLgrK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-27T18:48:33.067+0000) > > "Assassinating" as it is usually defined shouldn't be a part of a PvP game. Period. Leave the "get in, kill someone in a second, get out before anyone can react" gameplay for Dishonored and the rest of singleplayer stealth titles. > > What assassins should do is finish off weakened targets or look for those out of position. No one likes playing against LeBlanc who just dashes in from a screen away, deletes someone with a point-and-click combo and gets out instantly. Not even the best players the game has to offer as LB was a highly contested pro pick several times during her existence. I don't disagree with you, but if someone is out of position so to say, and you go in on them and she doesn't have the necessary damage to handle them on her own it is a bit awful don't you think? Especially if said champion is supposed to be "squishy" and susceptible to damage that occurs fast. The idea of an assassin to me is to be able to sneak to the backline, take out the threat (adc mostly), and get out so their team can go in while their cds are up. It is up to supports (enchanters and wardens alike) to peel for their adc and stay with them to stop assassins from using their burst with shields and cc of their own. Every class has a role and I feel like assassins do belong in PvP.
But that is threading a very thin line. Give someone with good target access enough damage to quickly and reliably burst someone down when out of position and what's to guarantee they won't be able to do the same to a target protected by their team? There are several ways* this was dealt with in the past: 1.) Delayed/staggered damage. Zed and Akali fit here and reworked LB did as well. If you can do 100% of someone's HP after 2 seconds then they are all but doomed if caught out, but if you try to pick on them while they're protected by teammates then said teammates have 2 seconds to throw a wrench into your plans. A decent way to incorporate an assassin since you are able to kill an isolated target easily but one in a good position, not so much. 2.) Give them something to contribute with outside of deleting someone. A good solution since it also reduces the feast/famine factor of assassins, though one might argue it defeats the point of an assassin. Pyke, Ekko and LB to an extent belong here with their utility. 3.) Unique gimmicks. Isolation mechanic found on Kha'zix which guarantees that he will deal less damage on a well-protected target than he will on someone caught out is an example. This is the best solution, but also time and resource costly for Riot as it requires tinkering with on an individual basis. Of course, one big problem is that vast majority of the above is rendered null and void by damage creep. It doesn't matter that, say, Zed or Kha have what is supposed to be limitations built into their kit when they simply have enough damage to kill quickly and reliably in spite of said limitations. IMO reworked LeBlanc was much better than current one. She had a mix of points 1 and 2, plus Shadow of the Rose was a super-unique skill and it's sad to see it go.
: Please don't remove an assassin's ability to assassinate
"Assassinating" as it is usually defined shouldn't be a part of a PvP game. Period. Leave the "get in, kill someone in a second, get out before anyone can react" gameplay for Dishonored and the rest of singleplayer stealth titles. What assassins should do is finish off weakened targets or look for those out of position. No one likes playing against LeBlanc who just dashes in from a screen away, deletes someone with a point-and-click combo and gets out instantly. Not even the best players the game has to offer as LB was a highly contested pro pick several times during her existence.
iChimp (NA)
: Riot trying to cull real human beings for soft skin liberals. Heck, I'll probably get this response removed for saying soft skin liberals. Imagine a game where you can't talk shit at all. Oh wait, you don't have to imagine it, it's reality.
> [{quoted}](name=iChimp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yef3gBFI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:17:33.223+0000) > > Imagine a game where you can't talk shit at all. You mean like any sports? Which existed for ages before online gaming or "soft skinned liberals" were a thing? Try to insult other players during play in any half-serious sports match of any type. Instant and usually severe punishment which will almost certainly include DQ from the event. Disrespect your opponent by refusing to shake hands after you beat him? You just surrendered the win to them. "A game where you can't talk shit" isn't a product of a new age. It has always been a norm for people who aren't assholes because - surprise, surprise - no one wants to share a "fun" activity with an asshole.
: I love how instead of nerfing Vayne
There are 3 types of champions which differ in the ways Riot will attempt to try and balance them: 1.) The moneymakers. They will nerf anything but the problem champion, and when they finally get to nerfing them it will be a slap on the wrist at worst. Examples include {{champion:157}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:92}} 2.) The regulars. Most of champions fall in this category, and they are given proper (well, as proper as possible with "fix everything with more damage" methods) balance changes. 3.) The "we hate these champions and everyone playing them crew". They will nerf the item making the champion strong, then the champion itself, then the item some more and maybe add some rune nerfs just for good measure. Prime example being {{champion:113}}. Sadly for everyone who wants to have fun in this game and is not playing Vayne, she firmly sits within category 1.
ORB1TS (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Weiss Guertena,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=b0WApoV0,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:59:06.296+0000) > > It's 10 per second and has always been 10 per second for all energy-based champions (something which literally takes 30 seconds to check by getting into practice mode with Zed and pressing Q once). So don't tell me I need to know the game better when you don't even have the knowledge of basic facts. > > And yes, his full combo costs a lot of energy. But this post isn't about a full combo that he usually executes when going in for the kill. It's about his waveclear and poke which is for all intents and purposes basically resourceless. As for Akali, yes, she has an easier way to regain energy. But she a.) burns her energy way faster and b.) does way less damage per point of energy spent than Zed (both having Q as main damage source; Akali's deals 0.25-1.56 (+0.5-0.625 AP/0.65-0.81 AD) while Zed does 1.06-4 (+1-1.81 AD) points of damage). > > Also, one big point about mages is that unlike Zed they don't have a limitless resource, and this is why it sucks so much playing against him. Sure, you might rush an armor item and make it harder for Zed to kill you but that just means he wins through attrition; he can and he will push you in with his free waveclear, forcing you to spend your limited mana to compete. And once you're out of it, he is free to roam with you being unable to follow him. It's a win-win situation for Zed. No it's 5 a second. Akali uses all her energy in 2 q's btw because she gets a passive auto everytime she lands one and she has insane mobility with her E not to mention her w gives her 40 back. Zed ACTUALLY HAS TO LAND SKILLSHOTS TO GET HIS ENERGY BACK. And when your playing a mage you have wave clear if not more than zed you just need to know how to play your champion and not over extend in lane. Mages will use all there mana in 5 seconds because you guy's don't know Mana management of course the zed is gonna shove constantly but that makes him vulnerable to your jg CONSTANTLY so you can capitalize on that. Not to mention you guys can Literally build zhonyas, ninja tabis every game ending up with 130 armor+seraphs shield+800 AP+40% mpen+15 flat mpen and killing everyone in two spells. Lethality is a scaling stat A Serrated Dirk at level 6 provides 7.33 armor penetration. A Cloth Armor is 15 armor. Let's look at the completed Lethality items a bit shall we. Buy 1 cloth armor and you're set until level 11. Mage players need to get their heads out of the clouds and realize that armor is an EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE stat vs Lethality champions. In conclusion. You need to learn the game :)
Galaxy Slayer Zed icon. Match history full of Zed games. Continues to blatantly ignore/lie about facts (energy regen) in order to defend his golden boy and resorts to old "learn the game" when out of real arguments. I think I have nothing to gain from continuing this mockery of a discussion other than burning out my brain cells from even trying.
ORB1TS (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Weiss Guertena,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=b0WApoV0,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-25T12:20:26.568+0000) > > It's not 5 per second, it's 10. Zed's level 1 Shuriken costs 75 energy and has a 6 second cooldown. This means that even if you're facing the worst Zed ever, who spams Q literally the millisecond it comes off cooldown and never hits with shadow for energy refund it would take him _almost a minute and a half_ to run out of energy. A period which only gets longer with levels as Shuriken cost decreases. > Compare that to Akali who burns through her entire energy pool in under 5 seconds if she spams without properly managing her abilities and you see how ridiculous it is. You have to hit your and your shadows shuriken to regain energy. His Q is side stepable and actually mostly easy to sidestep considering I play AGAINST zed's alot his W+E+Q Combo Cost 165 Energy with his W being on a 22 second CD. With him only having 200 energy that leaves him with no energy to use any other ability with leaving him vulnerable for you to capitalize. And no I am 100 percent positive its 5 energy a second. Also he burns his whole energy bar by doing one combo same as Akali's. Not to mention akali's W gives her 40 more energy as if zed ACTUALLY LANDS skillshots gets rewarded with energy. Not to mention mages almost have legit every item advantage towards zed {{item:3191}} {{item:3157}} {{item:2420}} you really just need to get to know the game better..
It's 10 per second and has always been 10 per second for all energy-based champions (something which literally takes 30 seconds to check by getting into practice mode with Zed and pressing Q once). So don't tell me I need to know the game better when you don't even have the knowledge of basic facts. And yes, his full combo costs a lot of energy. But this post isn't about a full combo that he usually executes when going in for the kill. It's about his waveclear and poke which is for all intents and purposes basically resourceless. As for Akali, yes, she has an easier way to regain energy. But she a.) burns her energy way faster and b.) does way less damage per point of energy spent than Zed (both having Q as main damage source; Akali's deals 0.25-1.56 (+0.5-0.625 AP/0.65-0.81 AD) while Zed does 1.06-4 (+1-1.81 AD) points of damage). Also, one big point about mages is that unlike Zed they don't have a limitless resource, and this is why it sucks so much playing against him. Sure, you might rush an armor item and make it harder for Zed to kill you but that just means he wins through attrition; he can and he will push you in with his free waveclear, forcing you to spend your limited mana to compete. And once you're out of it, he is free to roam with you being unable to follow him. It's a win-win situation for Zed.
ORB1TS (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Haze97,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=b0WApoV0,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-25T02:09:39.257+0000) > > I've literally never seen an energy champ run out of energy. Not even in Iron. > > And even if they do it regenerates faster than I ejaculated the first time I had sex. gives back 5 energy a second and you have to hit both your skillshots one your cahracter and your shadow to get energy back lmao what?
It's not 5 per second, it's 10. Zed's level 1 Shuriken costs 75 energy and has a 6 second cooldown. This means that even if you're facing the worst Zed ever, who spams Q literally the millisecond it comes off cooldown and never hits with shadow for energy refund it would take him _almost a minute and a half_ to run out of energy. A period which only gets longer with levels as Shuriken cost decreases. Compare that to Akali who burns through her entire energy pool in under 5 seconds if she spams without properly managing her abilities and you see how ridiculous it is.
: Riot about the Darius buffs
Riot: wait, you can buff champions other than increasing their damage? What is this nonsense you are speaking about?
: And there we go, another patch without Vayne or Riven nerfs
At this point we should just accept that moneymaker champions aren't going to be balanced and either roll with it or quit. It was Mr. LC$BIGPLAYS Lee for 5 seasons straight first, now that he's gone it's Riven and Vayne.
LTK KoRo (EUW)
: because most people who played +500 arams are a "pleasant" people who want to play only {{champion:99}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:16}} and other ranged cancer, and after they were forced to play some melee champions they realized that they only can abuse range and lack of flanking routes
And sadly Riot will cater to those people because, speaking from a purely business standpoint, it is a right thing to do. Those people do spend money to unlock all the broken ARAM champs faster and likely a few skins for them. If Riot implements ARAM bans or makes ARAM truly random - you know, things that would actually make the mode fun - then they would lose profits from that part of the playerbase. People who only play ARAM occasionally and for fun? Screw those. They don't bring profit and as such their enjoyment of the game mode has lower priority.
Rioter Comments
: Okay, and what should Riot do to Yasuo since he has that high banrate ?
If not a rework, then at least a power shift taking from the most frustrating parts of his kit. For example his get out of jail free cards; there is no reason Windwall should offer 360 degrees of protection when cast. It just allows bad Yasuos to misplay and still reap the full benefits as if they properly used the ability. And the much-hated tower dive protection which has way too forgiving of a range. I'm no game designer tho so I can't say with certainty what exactly can be done. That's Riot's job. I can still voice my opinion tho - if I go to a restaurant and get served a meal that tastes awful, I don't have to be a chef myself to notice the bad taste. Same applies here.
: Because the "fun had" isn't a objective thing I have fun playing MF and bullying lane, but I bet that the Vayne players dont have fun playing against MF. While the Vayne players have fun going against Ezreal because she has a free lane, but the Ezreal players probably dont have fun playing against her. And that with all champs and roles, etc etc.
And that's where statistics come in as well. Take everyone's favorite wind samurai for example, or Akali before her butchering: when a champion consistently has over 50% banrate despite their actual strength, then it stops being a subjective thing. That's not a vocal minority complaining about what they subjectively find fun; it's a hard, concrete proof that majority of playerbase dislikes playing against said champion. Which is pretty damn objective.
Slain (NA)
: Riot has no idea what the fuck they're doing at this point. Rather than just reduce aftershock effectiveness on ranged champs solving the issues with her and aftershock Ryze in proplay, doubling the cooldown on her main damage ability is stupidest thing they could've done.
> [{quoted}](name=Slain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=auLU23IQ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-26T22:44:51.454+0000) > > Riot has no idea what the fuck they're doing at this point. Rather than just reduce aftershock effectiveness on ranged champs solving the issues with her and aftershock Ryze in proplay, doubling the cooldown on her main damage ability is stupidest thing they could've done. And at the same time they are nerfing Aftershock as well. Sadly, Lissandra isn't a moneymaker like Riven or Vayne so they will go an extra mile to make sure she's dead and buried. Can't have an assassin counter being strong after all.
: > [{quoted}](name=Weiss Guertena,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iYK7VjEh,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-03-26T13:21:36.030+0000) > > "Counterpick or lose" isn't counterplay. And even if you pick one of those and hug your ADC 24/7 to prevent them from being instantly evaporated Rengar can simply opt into deleting your midlaner instead. OP or not, a champion whose entire job is "prevent someone on the opposing team from playing the game" should be looked at. That's not really fair, though, since it's a PvP game; part of the point of the game is to kill the enemy, so by extension, any Champion that's meant to specialize in killing another is, inherently, according to the statement above, unhealthy.
Another important part of a PvP game is that when a clash between two sides occurs, both sides have a degree of agency on how it resolves. However, that agency mostly disappears from the opposing side when you have a champion who's able to literally out of nowhere kill someone in less than 0.2 seconds. That kind of "perfect assassination" has no place in a PvP game. There is no outplaying Rengar or Rengar outplaying you; he clicks on you and you either drop dead if his stats are high enough or you don't. And yes, champions who only offer raw killing power and nothing else have rarely been in a balanced state due to how polarizing they are (see: Lucian) and Rengar is by far the worst offender. A game including Rengar is a 4v5 game; either he is able to delete someone without them having a chance to retaliate making a game 4v5 in his team's favor, or he isn't and makes the game 4v5 in opposing team's favor because he offers almost nothing else of value to his team.
: And If {{champion:107}}(a Jungle assassin) is a huge threat to your adc while your support. Why not pick a support whos job it is to peel like crazy, like {{champion:40}} and {{champion:12}} ect(just a few Whom can interrupt {{champion:107}} engage very reliably and easy. (well how can you have the foresight when you're first picking as a support) If you first pick Lux as a support, then you're sort of asking for the assassins to come in your game.
"Counterpick or lose" isn't counterplay. And even if you pick one of those and hug your ADC 24/7 to prevent them from being instantly evaporated Rengar can simply opt into deleting your midlaner instead. OP or not, a champion whose entire job is "prevent someone on the opposing team from playing the game" should be looked at.
SSG Khan (EUW)
: Sylas is unbalanced
Sylas is simply broken design, and as such he will never be balanced. He has the kit of an AP bruiser but no itemization to support it, so the kit itself has to compensate for the lack of proper items. But wait, there's more - he also doesn't have a reliable ultimate. So, once again, the rest of his kit has to compensate for that so he'd feel as a champion even without his ultimate. With that in mind, you have a PQWE that not only holds the power budget of basic abilities, but also the power budget of itemization AND the power budget of an ultimate. You have an abomination with burst of an assassin, sustained damage of a fighter and CC/survivability of a tank; yet another example of Riot asking themselves if they could without stopping to ask if they should.
: For those who hate the Windwall, what would you do for Yasuo instead?
Is it too much to ask making Windwall less forgiving to use? In theory, it's an ability that with skillful application counters stuff that opponents throw at you. In practice, even the worst Iron 5 player can panic-smash the W key when they see something incoming, throw the wall in a completely wrong direction and still block the incoming projectile because for some reason Riot decided wall should start behind Yasuo and not have any delay before activating, essentially giving him a braindead easy to use 360 degree protection. Make it spawn in front of him and only block directional hits like Braum's shield does. It's just one of many unnecessary safety nets that are simply there for bad players to feel they are actually decent at the game when playing Yasuo. Less hand-holding would go a long way.
: Riot please keep the revive on aatrox ultimate it looks so cool
Am I the only on who likes the new version more than current one from the thematic standpoint? I mean, he has this awesome transformation skill named "World Ender" and its main use is... being a utility and defense tool. Come on. The new version is much more fitting to the character.
: What did Sona say when Ahri charmed her?
You're welcome. https://i.imgur.com/W1JeTjG.jpg[\img]
: Morgana and Kayle's 975 RP Skins are not up to standard.
For how anticipated this dual rework was it's surprising how half-assed it turned out. Not only did they not really upgrade the skins like they did with previous reworks but actually downgraded some of them (looking at you, Blackthorn). Oh well. Guess all the skin team's work hours went on two more 150$ golden chromas.
: Death in 0.54 seconds
Remember when Evelynn was intentionally kept in the gutter because Riot considered her ability to instantly delete someone out of stealth with little to no counterplay toxic? Good times, man.
Joetri10 (EUW)
: Silver and Judgement Kayle - Was re-creating them (including splash art) worth it?
It's safe to say that people who own those skins and still play are among the most loyal players Riot has. So even if they don't pull a Championship Riven and make slightly different versions for sale, it's still a nice "thank you for sticking with us so long".
: So you would rather have pro teams stomp Vaevictus as fast as possible without banning their mains?
And then that team gets fined because by banning champions Vaevictis doesn't play they are showing disrespect by thinking they aren't a threat even when playing their best champions.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Is there an english version of this article?
There's a [reddit post](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/at55by/disciplinary_solution_rox_and_vega_squadron_lcl/) where it's explained and discussed in detail. Lots of things I could say about it (almost certainly with usage of extremely foul language befitting the situation) but everything that could be said was already said there.
: "Chat should be part of a team based game" Stop lying to yourself and others, I've played thousands of matches and probably 1 out of every 1000 matches there is a good conversation, good intentions and manners. By removing the chat option, it would clear up space on the UI screen, remove focus from the chat log and reverting all focus onto actually playing the game. So, even if a troll tries to act up and say something, you won't see it because of the option to opt out of using a chat log. It will in fact make the game more competitive and have people focused on playing and not toxic chatting. I am only speaking on chat related cases because that was the cause of my suspension. I am not backing any other case for trolling, hacking or other misconduct. Ask the DEVS to provide the complete chat log of those matches and you will see the real toxic trolls were obviously baiting people to respond. By removing the chat log, no more attention to chat log people. Most of the people don't even talk anyways. Language barriers.
No one expects a "good conversation" from the in-game chat. But sometimes there are calls to be made, and those can't be achieved with just pings; like it or not, communication is an integral part of any team-based game. I've also been here since Season 1 and in my games chat was always used more for that king of things than for flame. And again, they already tried removing the option to chat from toxic players. It backfired. Turns out toxic players will be toxic with whatever tools are available to them, and if it isn't chat then it will be something game-related and more impactful. Also, why would you respond to a troll? Especially one obviously baiting you? You are just giving them what they want - the satisfaction of riling you up, and something for them to report you after the game ends. And even then, just one game of letting steam off won't get you banned unless you've used some really heavy language.
Show more

Weiss Guertena

Level 91 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion