Era Teemo (EUW)
: >The best part is that you don't even see that the system is flawed to begin with. It would never work, it would only increase toxicity if at all. Not correct, I think there is 72% it will be success (if happens) and 28% to not. Lets stay in biggest number of 72%. >And how will it decrease toxicity if some players just take your LP from you just to maximize their own gains, what will 100% happen. Own games? You take their LP or give them extra. There is no own gain. >It's a shitty design to begin with to let other players affect your LP gains at all, it would only be tilting if you perform well but still get some LP less because you know how this community is. If you perform well, then that player can be blocked for next x games in just 2 games. If you do not then, where is problem? You played bad / good in other person eyes.
> [{quoted}](name=Era Teemo,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fAH3jLJN,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T13:47:29.369+0000) > > It would never work, it would only increase toxicity if at all. > > Not correct, I think there is 72% it will be success (if happens) and 28% to not. Lets stay in biggest number of 72%. > > Own games? You take their LP or give them extra. There is no own gain. > > If you perform well, then that player can be blocked for next x games in just 2 games. If you do not then, where is problem? You played bad / good in other person eyes. Oh thought you meant you take it away from them and get it yourself. But still, the system would just be frustrated. Just like the honor system, it feels so random when you get honored or when you don't. Sometimes you just get randomly 3 honors despite not doing shit, sometimes you don't get any at all despite performing and acting nice. I rly don't want my LP gains to be affected by my teammates at all, it would just be frustrating.
Era Teemo (EUW)
: You are just talking how it is gonna be abused and you do not how? >People will always find ways to use the system in the most effective way to maximize their own LP gains, and not in a fair way. GL you will get random 9 teammates, also if all gonna max their LP (I include entire database of players here) and much decrease toxicity, then is worth. Because numbers are numbers, if all players have 1000LP more is same as all have 0LP more, but if I can decrease toxicity with this little thing then that will improve game. >There will be people finding the ideal way to use it without the system detecting you as an abuser. Will you hack into server and increase your LP by 10?
> [{quoted}](name=Era Teemo,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fAH3jLJN,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T13:30:39.801+0000) > > You are just talking how it is gonna be abused and you do not how? > > GL you will get random 9 teammates, also if all gonna max their LP (I include entire database of players here) and much decrease toxicity, then is worth. > > Because numbers are numbers, if all players have 1000LP more is same as all have 0LP more, but if I can decrease toxicity with this little thing then that will improve game. > > Will you hack into server and increase your LP by 10? The best part is that you don't even see that the system is flawed to begin with. It would never work, it would only increase toxicity if at all. > Because numbers are numbers, if all players have 1000LP more is same as all have 0LP more, but if I can decrease toxicity with this little thing then that will improve game. And how will it decrease toxicity if some players just take your LP from you just to maximize their own gains, what will 100% happen. It's a shitty design to begin with to let other players affect your LP gains at all, it would only be tilting if you perform well but still get some LP less because you know how this community is.
Era Teemo (EUW)
: In background will be LIMIT_NUMBER and iy you use that to much that player will get extra -2LP per next x games. So you get nothing from abusing this.
> [{quoted}](name=Era Teemo,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fAH3jLJN,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T12:39:03.395+0000) > > In background will be LIMIT_NUMBER and iy you use that to much that player will get extra -2LP per next x games. So you get nothing from abusing this. People will always find ways to use the system in the most effective way to maximize their own LP gains, and not in a fair way. There will be people finding the ideal way to use it without the system detecting you as an abuser. And then there is also the question from which point it is abusing. There are quite a lot of games where all your teammates are actual garbage. Not to mention that a system like that would be bullshit to begin with for obvious reasons.
Era Teemo (EUW)
: Who said they will not try to abuse, but when someone starts using that to much he /she will be blocked from punish /reward others and he / she will lose -2LP during next x games as bonus.
> [{quoted}](name=Era Teemo,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fAH3jLJN,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-21T11:55:51.162+0000) > > Who said they will not try to abuse, but when someone starts using that to much he /she will be blocked from punish /reward others and he / she will lose -2LP during next x games as bonus. everyone would still try to get as much lp out of it as they can
Era Teemo (EUW)
: Punishment
totally wouldn't be abused /s
KOG IRL (NA)
: riiight... but uh... Evelynn can do the same thing, but she has an escape. So if your goal is to build J4 like an assassin, why wouldn't you pick Evelynn or something.
> [{quoted}](name=POG IRL,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A1ABqnVT,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-20T13:24:18.994+0000) > > riiight... but uh... Evelynn can do the same thing, but she has an escape. So if your goal is to build J4 like an assassin, why wouldn't you pick Evelynn or something. J4 has an epic pre6 already, he can already start camping lanes from level2 onwards and snowball early. If he already has one, or even a few kills once he hits 6 he can OS basically everything from that point until he falls off.
KOG IRL (NA)
: What is J4 even good at?
one shotting and pissing off the enemy mid until he ragequits
Lucasman (NA)
: champs without mana shouldnt be able to buy items with mana
: i guess youre not around long enough to know, but the boards used to be a very helpful place for riot. until some day riot was like "fuck you we now got lol reddit" and you might be able to understand that the boards werent happy about that
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=EgyEEUe0,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T19:22:33.779+0000) > > i guess youre not around long enough to know, but the boards used to be a very helpful place for riot. until some day riot was like "fuck you we now got lol reddit" and you might be able to understand that the boards werent happy about that I've been around quite a while, but my main got banned xd But the gameplay forums actually being useful is years ago. And it definitely wasn't riot going "fuck you we now got lol reddit" It was the community and that basically all tank and mage mains started to gather here not even wanting to make any meaningful discussions. One liner about mages being weak? -> +80 Upvotes Armor is useless. -> Upvoted. Nerf Wind and ninjaman. -> To hot with you And if you say anything, just anything against it, no matter how many statistics and facts you use to underline your arguments, enjoy being downvoted. After that started Riot abandoned this shithole, and now people are pissed about it and actually wondering why. That's what happened. Just saying that no one needs to act surprised about the fact that Riot uses other platforms for actually meaningful feedback.
: friend list gone and stuns act like slows, but lol reddit keeps defending riot
if you ppl here would actually make meaningful posts and not just circlejerk around mages and tanks all day maybe riot would start to take this forum here serious too, just saying.
Youngcuck (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mi17oUWE,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T11:44:26.970+0000) > > It does tho. > > Her late game damage is horrible for the fact that she has to fully commit into the enemy team to pull it off, AND having to set up the daggers first. Katarina is the only assassin in the game whose entire kit deals massive AOE damage. And honestly she has an easier time in teamfights since its very difficult to fight 4 people while also keeping track of Kata's daggers because if you get hit by one in the late game, youre either dead or forced out of the fight.
> [{quoted}](name=Youngcuck,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mi17oUWE,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T12:20:42.548+0000) > > Katarina is the only assassin in the game whose entire kit deals massive AOE damage. And honestly she has an easier time in teamfights since its very difficult to fight 4 people while also keeping track of Kata's daggers because if you get hit by one in the late game, youre either dead or forced out of the fight. tbh I'm kind of done with that kind of discussions so I'm just gonna agree with you. Katarina is ridiculously OP, I honestly don't know what Riot was thinking when balancing that champion. You can literally just pick her up and easily get to challenger with her even if you only have low gold skills because she is that OP. Her whole kit just is a failure in design and broken as hell to begin with, even a braindead monkey can play her and do well. She is strong at all phases in the game and can get free pentas by just facerolling, you might as well go afk if she gets one kill as she will 1v5 from that point anyway without even needing skill. The literally only way to counter her is by banning her. It also doesn't look like Riot will nerf her anytime soon as half of Riot are probably Kata mains. The champion is even banned in pro play because there is no way to counter her even at the highest levels of play, that's why you never see one in LCS. Imo the champion should just be removed but that won't happen because Riot is playing favorites, so for now I guess I'll just have to stick to banning her because it's autoloss if the enemies get her.
Youngcuck (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mi17oUWE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T11:27:15.164+0000) > > Well she is an early game champion, if she doesn't get ahead she will be useless because she doesn't bring anything to the team apart from damage. She isn't good at split pushing, has no cc, and her late game is horrible as her damage falls off. > > So even if she get's ahead, the longer the game goes, the more useless she gets. > > If you are an immobile champion vs her then just farm and stay away from her, her Q range isn't that great. ''Her damage falls off'' that actually made me giggle.
> [{quoted}](name=Youngcuck,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mi17oUWE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T11:40:54.161+0000) > > ''Her damage falls off'' that actually made me giggle. It does tho. Her late game damage is horrible for the fact that she has to fully commit into the enemy team to pull it off, AND having to set up the daggers first.
Youngcuck (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mi17oUWE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-16T10:58:12.876+0000) > > The circle isn't the hitbox nor does it have anything to do with it. > It's the pickup range. > > Because it would be useless af else. > The whole champion literally wouldn't work anymore. Ok, so what is Katarinas weakness then? In lane she is hard to punish due to her insane mobility, she has good trades even pre lvl 6, she is almost impossible to kill due to the blinks, after she gets gunblade she can 100-0 any squishy in the blink of an eye and you cant really dodge her dagger hitbox unless youre a mobile champion. You can CC her ult? Yeah you can but it doesnt really matter, I've had games where the Katarina kills someone so fast you dont even have time to aim your cc at her. Defend her as much as you want but she feeds off of the lack of good teamplay in soloQ, and she's extremely hard to deal with.
> [{quoted}](name=Youngcuck,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mi17oUWE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T11:07:26.286+0000) > > Ok, so what is Katarinas weakness then? In lane she is hard to punish due to her insane mobility, she has good trades even pre lvl 6, she is almost impossible to kill due to the blinks, after she gets gunblade she can 100-0 any squishy in the blink of an eye and you cant really dodge her dagger hitbox unless youre a mobile champion. > > You can CC her ult? Yeah you can but it doesnt really matter, I've had games where the Katarina kills someone so fast you dont even have time to aim your cc at her. > > Defend her as much as you want but she feeds off of the lack of good teamplay in soloQ, and she's extremely hard to deal with. Well she is an early game champion, if she doesn't get ahead she will be useless because she doesn't bring anything to the team apart from damage. She isn't good at split pushing, has no cc, and her late game is horrible as her damage falls off. So even if she get's ahead, the longer the game goes, the more useless she gets. If you are an immobile champion vs her then just farm and stay away from her, her Q range isn't that great.
Sukishoo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RjMNjVJA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-16T09:50:48.003+0000) > > Don't even bother with it. > > Just fuck this game and this company, we know it's dying, Riot knows it's dying and that's why they try to milk out every last cent they can get with it. Yeah, "dying" yet you're still here hm.. People keep saying this when they still come here, most still even play the game.. How is it dying if you still care enough to complain?
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RjMNjVJA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-16T10:57:27.139+0000) > > Yeah, "dying" yet you're still here hm.. > > People keep saying this when they still come here, most still even play the game.. How is it dying if you still care enough to complain? It's not dead yet, but it's definitely on the downfall. I prob won't be around much longer anyway, I'm barely still playing myself and am only watching LEC and LCS anymore, and the biggest reason for that is that everytime they release something new that sounds cool on paper is behind a paywall, so I don't even bother with it anymore. I mean, that whole Eternal things sounds cool too if it would be accessable for everyone, but ofc you have to pay for it so it completely loses any meaning it would have. You don't show off your champion mastery with it, you show off that you are an idiot that actually bought it and supported Riot with it. Just saying that Riot knows what is happening so there is no reason to bother with it, they just try to get every cent out of it as long as they still can. Such cheap cash grabs won't be healthy for the game long time, sooner or later people will be done with having to pay for every shit. At this point it wouldn't even surprise me if the next time they do URF you have to pay to play it. Or that ARAM suddenly becomes a paid DLC.
Youngcuck (EUW)
: Katarina's dagger hitbox is absurd
The circle isn't the hitbox nor does it have anything to do with it. It's the pickup range. > Why in hell is Katarina able to blink to the edges of the circle and make the hitbox of the dagger start around Katarinas model and not around the dagger circle itself. Because it would be useless af else. The whole champion literally wouldn't work anymore.
: Petition to make Eternals Free
Don't even bother with it. Just fuck this game and this company, we know it's dying, Riot knows it's dying and that's why they try to milk out every last cent they can get with it.
: Boards > Reddit
Εlin (EUW)
: How do I handle Fizz as being Velkoz?
Don't pick Vel into Fizz, and first picking him is risky in general. If you are stuck with that matchup get {{item:2423}} and use it if he hits his ult, but always try to dodge it and stay far away. If he hits it when you don't have Stopwatch (anymore) u probably ded, even under tower if he doesn't fuck up. Flashing in the right moment might safe you too tho, but don't rely on it. Oh and I would take {{summoner:21}} as second summoner to survive the burst. Your job is basically to just farm the lane phase and not int, don't try to ever take lane prio or go aggressive after level 3 if he didn't fuck up heavily and you are 100% sure you get the kill, and always try to set up some river vision when you can for your team as he will try to roam because you play passive.
: Yes i do quit many games when i play top lane and get to be first pick
HàrrowR (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uYEQyEh,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-26T00:36:30.329+0000) > > dafuq? > > That is an entirely different topic. > Should level 23 smurfs be put into matches with real low levels and ruin the experience there for actual new players or what? > > If his MMR is plat level he gets put into plat matches, dunno where the problem there is. > I don't rly see your point here and what you are complaining about. > You can only play Ranked from level30 onward anyway. The thing is they are ruining the experience for anyone regardless of level and these people seem like they are REALLY lvl 23 and not smurfs for one, and for two even those that are smurfs are always flaming and afking, yeah it doesn't sound fair to put them with the new players either but the offset would be that at least as you level up there's almost zero chance of any of these low level players or smurfs being in your game flaming and inting. As the game is now, trying to play a normal game to relax and try different stuff out is impossible cause every damn game you'll have yourself a lvl 20 that goes afk after dying once or starts running down mid, what does he care he's probably been banned 5 times already and is getting a kick out of it
> [{quoted}](name=HàrrowR,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uYEQyEh,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-26T01:12:13.396+0000) > > The thing is they are ruining the experience for anyone regardless of level and these people seem like they are REALLY lvl 23 and not smurfs for one, and for two even those that are smurfs are always flaming and afking, yeah it doesn't sound fair to put them with the new players either but the offset would be that at least as you level up there's almost zero chance of any of these low level players or smurfs being in your game flaming and inting. > > As the game is now, trying to play a normal game to relax and try different stuff out is impossible cause every damn game you'll have yourself a lvl 20 that goes afk after dying once or starts running down mid, what does he care he's probably been banned 5 times already and is getting a kick out of it So your point is that they should rather be put with new players and completely ruin the games there? Then the chance for a new player to get a fair game would be almost zero. Just deal with it, there is no fair solution apart from forbidding smurfs altogether what would be basically impossible.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uYEQyEh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-26T00:14:07.093+0000) > > Level actually doesn't mean anything in that case, if a "level 23" gets paired against plats that's 95% a smurf. Yes a smurf who has a different account cause his other one is banned for flaming or leaving, just now i had a player who said next account, later and left, so what the fk does smurfing have to do with when the smurfs are toxic
> [{quoted}](name=HàrrowR,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uYEQyEh,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-26T00:29:54.214+0000) > > Yes a smurf who has a different account cause his other one is banned for flaming or leaving, just now i had a player who said next account, later and left, so what the fk does smurfing have to do with when the smurfs are toxic dafuq? That is an entirely different topic. Should level 23 smurfs be put into matches with real low levels and ruin the experience there for actual new players or what? If his MMR is plat level he gets put into plat matches, dunno where the problem there is. I don't rly see your point here and what you are complaining about. You can only play Ranked from level30 onward anyway.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: RIOT this has got to stop, lvl 23 in my team going up against plat and diamonds?
Level actually doesn't mean anything in that case, if a "level 23" gets paired against plats that's 95% a smurf.
: PERMA GEBANNT WEGEN CHAT (keine schimpfwörter im chat)
: In order for this game to be balanced true damage/executes need to be removed/reworked
: Disable trades.
> [{quoted}](name=Korijenkins,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=cmAehgzT,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-23T01:24:55.998+0000) > > Disable trades. Would be much needed, but still I would just imagine it with people trolling around because they got Udyr or something. You know how this community is. People would give up the moment they see their and the enemies comp, and most of the time it would be justified as most ARAM games are actually decided in CS. The way the mode is designed a Rank measurement isn't needed and wouldn't work without altering the mode so much that it isn't ARAM anymore. Instead they should reward ARAM veterans with other things than a Rank for let's say some certain amounts of won games. But a competitive mode in ARAM, dunno, I would just imagine it being frustrating and taking the last bit of fun out of it.
BigFBear (EUW)
: And again... a day without League
At this point every day without League is a good day anyway
RDY2ARAM (NA)
: If TFT has ranked mode then ARAM needs a ranked mode
Kinda true, but let's be honest, it would be a toxic shitfest with people trolling because they someone didn't trade the champion they wanted, people complaining about the enemies having lucky champions more than ever and generally speaking it would just take away all the enjoyment of care free ARAM games like they are supposed to be.
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=758xlQE1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-20T22:04:51.555+0000) > > yasuo support is legit i heard i mean against {{champion:202}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:222}} he has a ok 'supportive ability' but i mean whenever I try to yasuo support I end up killstealing
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=758xlQE1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-20T22:09:42.590+0000) > > i mean against {{champion:202}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:222}} he has a ok 'supportive ability' but i mean whenever I try to yasuo support I end up killstealing "Killstealing" is always such a hard word, I prefer to call it "securing"
: This is a sad thing
yasuo support is legit i heard
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KhvOWleA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T17:07:10.355+0000) > > i hardly doubt that that was meant seriously So you... don't doubt it? What are you _trying_ to say there?
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KhvOWleA,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T18:29:04.479+0000) > > So you... don't doubt it? > What are you _trying_ to say there? Meant highly, confused highly and hardly
: The icon kinda shows your bias. The most important similarity between the champions is that they're all melee. It wouldn't be fair to give an ADC their own AoE lockdown.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KhvOWleA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-19T17:01:45.690+0000) > > The icon kinda shows your bias. > > The most important similarity between the champions is that they're all melee. It wouldn't be fair to give an ADC their own AoE lockdown. i doubt that that was meant seriously
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O7NAXjBs,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:27:52.552+0000) > > It just feels wrong if you take a champion like Varus and just go like **POOF** you KappaPride now from one day to another just because Riot hopped onto the LGTB train. > > They could just leave things like that out of the game at all and leave it all to fan theories. Varus's rewrite is a rewrite issue. The exact same as the Karma or Liss rewrite issue that drastically change their character theme and thus destroying their "spirit" in a way. You're only using the Varus's example as an ammunition shot at gay characters, not because you actually care about Varus's rewrite being a bad rewrite on the basis of discontinuing the established thematic of the original story, but because you want to take aim at gay characters in fiction and you have this 1 example so you gotta make the most out of it. There is no reason to leave sexuality out. That's entirely on the call of the writer on whether they think it is a good idea on the basis of storytelling. Just like a writer can leave out the part that Taliyah likes ice cream and we can probably have threads that try to guess what's her favourite food, but the writer does wrote that in and it's no big deal. Old Varus had no reason to be straight since he could be a gay couple and his story would still be identical, but he was; Illaoi has no reason to tell others that she's extremely sexually active, but she does; Evelynn has no real reason to include the part that she seduces both men and women (with the sole exception of children who can not understand sexuality) and doesn't even actually have sex with her victims so much as just draining them, but she does have that part completely explained; etc etc. None of them have real reasons to be there, but they are, and we don't really give much shit beyond "oh hey, cool details" either. A writer can decide to leave or tell you things based on their own judgement on whether or not it's a good idea in terms of story telling. The only thing telling here is people somehow only brings out "could just leave things like that out of the game" when we're on the topic of gay characters.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O7NAXjBs,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:44:03.004+0000) > > Varus's rewrite is a rewrite issue. The exact same as the Karma or Liss rewrite issue that drastically change their character theme and thus destroying their "spirit" in a way. > > You're only using the Varus's example as an ammunition shot at gay characters, not because you actually care about Varus's rewrite being a bad rewrite on the basis of discontinuing the established thematic of the original story, but because you want to take aim at gay characters in fiction and you have this 1 example so you gotta make the most out of it. > > There is no reason to leave sexuality out. That's entirely on the call of the writer on whether they think it is a good idea on the basis of storytelling. Just like a writer can leave out the part that Taliyah likes ice cream and we can probably have threads that try to guess what's her favourite food, but the writer does wrote that in and it's no big deal. > > Old Varus had no reason to be straight since he could be a gay couple and his story would still be identical, but he was; Illaoi has no reason to tell others that she's extremely sexually active, but she does; Evelynn has no real reason to include the part that she seduces both men and women (with the sole exception of children who can not understand sexuality) and doesn't even actually have sex with her victims so much as just draining them; but she does have that part completely explained; etc etc. None of them have real reasons to be there, but they are, and we don't really give much shit beyond "oh hey, cool details" either. > > A writer can decide to leave or tell you things based on their own judgement on whether or not it's a good idea in terms of story telling. The only thing telling here is people somehow only brings out "could just leave things like that out of the game" when we're on the topic of gay characters. > You're only using the Varus's example as an ammunition shot at gay characters, not because you actually care about Varus's rewrite being a bad rewrite on the basis of discontinuing the established thematic of the original story, but because you want to take aim at gay characters in fiction and you have this 1 example so you gotta make the most out of it. That's what I said tho? It just feels wrong and random. There is no problem if you give new champions like Neeko that characteristic from the beginning, but don't just take a random champion and make him gay from one day to another because "lul muh LGBT". > There is no reason to leave sexuality out. That's entirely on the call of the writer on whether they think it is a good idea on the basis of storytelling. Just like a writer can leave out the part that Taliyah likes ice cream and we can probably have threads that try to guess what's her favourite food, but the writer does wrote that in and it's no big deal. And just deciding from one day to another that a character is gay without any indications on that is bad storytelling. The whole League lore is a giant shitfest anyway where things just get changed and revised, and the whole LGBT train made it even worse, because now suddenly sexuality is a important topic even if it never has been at all apart from fan theories. > Old Varus had no reason to be straight since he could be a gay couple and his story would still be identical, but he was; Illaoi has no reason to tell others that she's extremely sexually active, but she does; Evelynn has no real reason to include the part that she seduces both men and women (with the sole exception of children who can not understand sexuality) and doesn't even actually have sex with her victims so much as just draining them; but she does have that part completely explained; etc etc. None of them have real reasons to be there, but they are, and we don't really give much shit beyond "oh hey, cool details" either. Thing is that sexuality was never one of Varus thematics at all, so why does it have to be now? There were no indications on him being gay at all, maybe he was, maybe not, but it's a thing that shouldn't even be thematized on him at all if you don't do it from the beginning, or at least slowly, because it just comes off random if you do it like that and is shitty storytelling. No dude will ever fuck him as hard as Riot did because they basically made his whole thematic and identity a giant shitfest. What is he even now? **Varus**, _the Arrow of Retribution_, the Darkin who seeks vengeance while having two gay dudes in him btw. His sexuality now overshadows his whole thematic that has nothing to do with it at all, GG Riot. It's completely different from champions like Eve that are designed like that from the beginning with sexuality as a important part of their character design.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Who Fed Ru,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O7NAXjBs,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-18T15:02:43.356+0000) > > Or how about we don't just randomly make characters gay for no reason I mean God obviously disagrees since people are born gay and straight or whatever for no reason so.. Honestly, the fact there supposedly has to have a reason for a character to be gay, is speaking to the core of the problem, isn't it? I mean, even if there is actually a reason for making a character gay, I bet most people would burn them for having the reason and crying "muh agenda". So it's a doomed if they do and doomed if they don't in the first place anyway. The fact people get so weirdly sensitive about sexuality that you're born with is kinda, you know..
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O7NAXjBs,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-18T15:25:31.209+0000) > > I mean God obviously disagrees since people are born gay and straight or whatever for no reason so.. > > Honestly, the fact there supposedly has to have a reason for a character to be gay, is speaking to the core of the problem, isn't it? > > I mean, even if there is actually a reason for making a character gay, I bet most people would burn them for having the reason and crying "muh agenda". So it's a doomed if they do and doomed if they don't in the first place anyway. > > The fact people get so weirdly sensitive about sexuality that you're born with is kinda, you know.. It just feels wrong if you take a champion like Varus and just go like **POOF** you KappaPride now from one day to another just because Riot hopped onto the LGTB train. They could just leave things like that out of the game at all and leave it all to fan theories.
ChunLii (NA)
: Aside, from Varus as LGTBQ+ representation, here are some other champions that could serve.
Or how about we don't just randomly make characters gay for no reason
: New death recap is as competent as riot
Rèwind (EUW)
: Can I Learn About Ekko's sound Effects ?
{{champion:154}} mains were too once
: Why do Junglers hate mid? Is it meta to never gank mid or something?
dunno what you mean, the enemy jungler is mid a lot
: What is the purpose of the mute button?
more like where is the mute button for the person actively trolling the game and going 0/5 in his lane xd
Sciophobia (EUNE)
: Season 1 player, never banned honor locked haha
don't forget that I'm 99% sure that the troll got nothing xd
Moggiin (NA)
: i have no words for how angry i am
did u try turning it off and on again
: How do i make my alt tabbing fast?
Press and hold down Alt then quickly press Tab
Troxic (NA)
: Olaf win rate in silver 45.78%. Gold 46.85%. Plat 47.58% Plat+ 49.06 Yas win rate in silver 50.86% Gold 49.07% Plat 47.96% Plat+ 47.87% Op. GG. As you can see if you actually analyze numbers. his win rate is much higher than Olaf in the elos I hang out in, which are Silver and Gold. Furthermore, he can capitalized on lower skilled players easily and there is not much I can do about that if its not my fault. Sometimes it is, but even then, he still can catch up by killing the lesser skilled players on my team. Dont bother responding if you are doing to take a lazy myopic view and not even try to dig deeper
> [{quoted}](name=Troxic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oAcsGaY4,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T21:47:14.921+0000) > > Olaf win rate in silver 45.78%. Gold 46.85%. Plat 47.58% Plat+ 49.06 > > Yas win rate in silver 50.86% Gold 49.07% Plat 47.96% Plat+ 47.87% > > Op. GG. > > As you can see if you actually analyze numbers. his win rate is much higher than Olaf in the elos I hang out in, which are Silver and Gold. > > Furthermore, he can capitalized on lower skilled players easily and there is not much I can do about that if its not my fault. > > Dont bother responding if you are doing to take a lazy myopic view and not even try to dig deeper I mean, the game should be balanced around high elo anyway. Your argument is basically "I'm bad and that's why they should balance the game around me instead of me learning how to play the game correctly" Just ban him if he is that much of a problem in silver, the fact that his winrate drops the higher you go shows that he isn't op at all if you play correctly against him. I could also just go ahead and ask for buffs as he has 48% in plat which isn't rly good.
: is this toxic , to me its hilarious lol
I like this one more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr7ZUlsTwKc
Troxic (NA)
: Olafs passive needs to be changed
Troxic (NA)
: Ya? You know who the boards never complain about ? Champs like {{champion:2}} . You know who is always complained about? champs like {{champion:157}} . Even his passive is WAY too strong compared to ohters. He gets free damage, massive amounts and a great shield for early laning. His build paths are strong and easy and scale hard. Fuck that. He needs to be toned down a little. If he doesnt need a nerf, and he is a good 5% or more higher in win rate than champs like Olaf, then does Olaf need a buff? Should everyone just get stronger to adjust to him? "Intent: Yasuo doubles his Critical strike chance icon total critical strike chance from all other sources, but his Critical strike damage icon critical strikes deal only 80% (+ Infinity Edge item 22.5%) AD Attack damage bonus physical damage. Resolve: Yasuo generates Flow resource Flow for every 59 / 52.5 / 46 (based on level) units he travels by any means. At 「 100 stacks 」 and upon taking champion or monster damage, Yasuo consumes Flow resource all Flow to Hybrid resistances icon shield himself for 100 − 510 (based on level) for up to 1 second."
> [{quoted}](name=Troxic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oAcsGaY4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:26:48.305+0000) > > Ya? You know who the boards never complain about ? Champs like {{champion:2}} . You know who is always complained about? champs like {{champion:157}} . > > Even his passive is WAY too strong compared to ohters. He gets free damage, massive amounts and a great shield for early laning. His build paths are strong and easy and scale hard. > > Fuck that. He needs to be toned down a little. If he doesnt need a nerf, and he is a good 5% or more higher in win rate than champs like Olaf, then does Olaf need a buff? Should everyone just get stronger to adjust to him? > > > > "Intent: Yasuo doubles his Critical strike chance icon total critical strike chance from all other sources, but his Critical strike damage icon critical strikes deal only 80% (+ Infinity Edge item 22.5%) AD Attack damage bonus physical damage. > > Resolve: Yasuo generates Flow resource Flow for every 59 / 52.5 / 46 (based on level) units he travels by any means. At 「 100 stacks 」 and upon taking champion or monster damage, Yasuo consumes Flow resource all Flow to Hybrid resistances icon shield himself for 100 − 510 (based on level) for up to 1 second." Oh, the boards complain about him, so he must be OP !!! That's exactly, like _exactly_, the logic of you people here, and literally the reason why absolutely **no one**, Riot included, takes you guys here seriously. There is a reason why this gameplay boards are nothing more than a meme to anyone with a brain. Mages good, tanks good, assassins and wind man bad, armor useless, here gimme upvotes tyty. If we balance the game around what the people here complain about and what they don't the game would be even shittier than it already is. And I don't know where you pull your statistics from, but he definitely isn't 5% over Olaf in wr, not even close to it. He has 48.84% according to op.gg in the last week. He doesn't need a nerf.
Troxic (NA)
: Yas has needed a nerf for a long time. Why hasn't it happened?
Because he doesn't need one and you not liking him isn't enough of a reason to nerf him?
Zardo (NA)
: Rather than unbaised assassin mains, amiright? I say this as someone who plays or has played pretty much everyone(besides fizz, one game was enough to let me know what that kit was about). Assassin mains clearly have no interest at all in getting mages nerfed right? They gain nothing, right?
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q5W2Jgb0,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-09T01:22:50.927+0000) > > Rather than unbaised assassin mains, amiright? > > I say this as someone who plays or has played pretty much everyone(besides fizz, one game was enough to let me know what that kit was about). Assassin mains clearly have no interest at all in getting mages nerfed right? They gain nothing, right? Doesn't change the fact that the people here are 95% mage and tank mains that think they speak for the whole community because they circlejerk each other off daily.
: Nerf Mages
imma just grab popcorn and chill here a little bit til all the "unbiased" mage mains come around
: Reasons Why I Smurf
I just smurf to ruin peoples days tbh
: If tanks were as strong as boards wanted, we'd literally have 10 tanks per game
Show more

Who Fed Ru

Level 38 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion