: community: "Riot, release announcer packs! The community will buy them and we'll worship you!"
I would pay good money for a David Attenborough announcer pack. A Schwarzenegger pack wouldn't go amiss either.
: Because Kha zix, Shaco, Kayn and Pyke aren't assassins. Also I said mostly, but brusers are also doing too much dmg.
Blue Kayn is an assassin in every sense of the role. KhaZix is too, even if he has been known to build as a bruiser. Shaco is **technically** an assassin, but not in the typical sense. Same with Pyke (Pick/Assassin.
: And people have always been angry and frustrated. True, damage was too high in every meta, even tank meta, this is why it should be lower, so that we have to actually trade a lot in the laning phase. For now I do one combo the whole laning phase and kill the target. Healing should be lower as well, so that trades are worth it. The game should be like this: better trading, better warding, better counter, better movement, better cs and better decisions should decide who is a better player. I don't see it, it isn't even a competition of skill anymore. Just who does more damage wins the laning phase, then the old League kicks in and 5 people run through the map, acomplishing nothing, until one dumbass gets himself killed and loses the match.
While I do see where you're coming from, everyone has their own idea as to how the game should ideally be. Personally, I find it OK. Let's say I'm Talon. I have a lot of early kill pressure, and if I snowball, I can delete squishies no problem and often outplay bruisers. I am an assassin, after all. I can lane against a Yasuo, get level 2 first blood on him, and then make his and the adc's life hell from thereon. However, if I go top, and they have an Aatrox is who is beating my Garen, he can cause me problems. If I try to delete Aatrox like I delete the Yasuo or Jhin, he can easily beat me, if he is worth his salt as an Aatrox player. Even if I am fed, he can easily destroy me. Again, I use Aatrox as just an example, there are plenty of others who can do the same. I think the game still very much has its checks and balances. Regarding your comment that there is less an expression of skill than there used to be - perhaps - it seems as though there is greater emphasis on map control and objectives, rather than who outplays who. Unless you're at 50 minutes, of course, when an ace generally means game over. One further comment of yours, which I agree is absolutely true - it is often more a case of who has the worst player, rather than who has the best player, as to what can be the deciding factor in a match. My losses are almost always because of one person who continuously refuses to use their brain. Although I think this would be true in any team-based competitive game or sport.
: The reason why we hated both damage meta and tank meta.
The hilarious thing is, regarding what people say about _'the current damage meta'_: **DAMAGE HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABSURD!** Not just _'this meta'_. Go watch some videos on Youtube of League circa 2014/2015, for example. You have videos of the likes of Amumu or literally any champion deleting people off the face of the earth. You will see all sorts of champs who aren't even assassins insta-deleting people (Mordekaiser, Malphite, Shyvana, Viktor - you name it - all shapes and sizes). The damage has always been high - people really need to find something else to complain about.
Xarnash (NA)
: What music do you listen to when playing your favourite champs?
When I play {{champion:11}} I listen to Classical Music (Vivaldi, Mozart, Orchestral Film Scores), Smooth Jazz or Jazz Fusion (Kenny G, Fourplay, Larry Carlton) or self-help audiobooks (how to be more confident, how to stand up to your wife), to keep me calm while I alpha strike through the bloodbath that was once my enemies. When I play {{champion:17}} I listen to Cannibal Corpse, or Deicide, or Deathcore. {{champion:54}} anything that suits me repeatedly ulting their team up the pooper with max cdr... Perhaps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lmM7oiRtU4 on repeat
: "why so salty in arurf"
*plays URF mode* **complains about abilities being spammed** *plays AR urf mode* **complains about unfair match ups** LMAO!
: Payback Time!
Don't let your mom find out
Rioter Comments
: Infuriating inconsistency of scoring S vs S--
Having experienced this same phenomenon, I am almost certain that it is to do with the performance of your teammates in that game. For example, you play your first game of the day and get an **S**. Then, the next game, with the same champ, you play way better than your previous game, as per the metrics you listed above, but you receive an **S-** because someone else on your team also performed extremely well. This has happened to me a lot. I need 1 more M7 token for Kayn, but I keep getting people on my team who also perform very well in each game, which makes me have an **S-** instead of **S** or **S+**. I went like 18/0/12, warded and farmed until my eyes bled, but the adc also did very well, so that's **S-** for me. I have never EVER seen 2x **S+** on the same team, which would back the theory.
Moody P (NA)
: his passive sucks. It's a rank 1 blood boil (for the entire game) with a third of the duration. This also affects his clear and objectives greatly; having an AS steroid for twelve seconds is a lot more impactful than 4 nunus debuffs were AS slows. He had two of them. Both are gone. His identity as the buff and debuff tank is more or less entirely erased.
> more or less entirely erased This gave me crabs
: damn, i usually get stuff...
: more like how to rework her as a broken camille clone
https://img.memecdn.com/whoosh_o_1219169.webp
AORVAL (NA)
: The Plat Experience
I remember a year or two ago, people used to say 'all games are winnable so long as you carry'. Funny how people don't dare to say that anymore, because they've realized how utterly cretinous a statement it is.
: What if Blitz's current W was replaced by a rocket powered leap?
It's a cool concept but I think it would force Riot to make him weaker in other areas, since a leap would give him the ability to traverse walls, which I'm sure no one will disagree can be highly advantageous. It would also enable him to W beyond minions in order to do a surprise Q. You simply wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the minion wave, and he already has incredibly strong zoning powers as it is. His current W is OK in my book, works well with his kit, and turning it into a lesser flash, even like a hexflash, would be more than a little problematic.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: How do junglers do it?
It's incredibly common for ignorant players to blame their performance on the jungler. It's not as if they can justifiably blame it on another laner; the jungler is the obvious/easiest scapegoat. I've had top laners who are 0/3 at 6 mins spam pinging me, flaming me etc. because they are 0/3. I've had bot lane calling me a bad jungler because they both died when I'm halfway through my first clear. My approach is that as soon as I see someone flaming, or spam pinging a missplay, etc., I fully mute them. It makes me less likely to gank their lane, because they are already tilted, and may even refuse to back you up out of spite. These players are to be avoided. I will gank the strong lanes, in this case, and only gank the toxic lane if it's guaranteed kills. Not worth letting them distract you, or affect your gaming enjoyment/experience in any way. Just purge the unwanted noise and do your best. There are some things you can't mute of course, such as someone inting because they are mad that they are losing, but that's just luck of the draw. You will always get jerks on your team, it's the ugly side of human behavior, which is made worse when people can essentially behave anonymously.
: Ahem > give up all hope and stop trying because they died once or twice and have become tilted cuz Yasuo flashed mastery Can you really blame them? The game is so damn snowball that one mistake makes the game 10 times harder to comeback. Late game is where snowball has reached such heights that turrets are made out of paper compared to the champs. As for the mastery thing, well as someone that has mastery flashes perma muted, again, can you blame them? Yasuo has total control over lanes. Even those that he is countered. You are lux? Well too bad now you cant burst him down thanks to the shield and his w. You are annie? Well too bad he wont trade with you whenever he feels threatened. This wouldnt be a problem if yasuo didnt scale so damn fast. > run it down mid, because they are salty about some petty occurrence, or int feed in any other manner/spam surrender every 5 mins because they are tilted/Go AFK at base because their team won't accede to their demands to surrender The root of this problem is easy to pinpoint. Snowball. If comebacks had a reasonable chance of occuring then people wouldnt give up so fast. But they dont. The winning team has a shittons of advantage over the losing. Which is not a bad thing. The problems come when the winning team takes objectives and the losing cant stop them because the turrets are incapable of looking out for themselves. I mean why play a game where you wont have fun because you will get instantly killed the moment the enemy sees you? Outside of ranked that is. Although one can still say that ranked has at its bare requirements, make you have fun. But whatever this is subjective. > flame their entire team because the team isn't playing exactly how they want When you queue up for ranked, you queue up to (generally speaking) acquire a win. When my teammates attempt impede it well, they basically grief. You can have fun as long as you dont impede other's fun. I wont mind someone going on a role that he can function. However sending jinx mid VS ZED is something that i dont quite appreciate and it WILL tilt me a bit. > haven't received a gank If im being 24/7 to the turret, the lane is an easy gank (low mobility) and the jungler is not busy in another lane, i need ganks to be even remotefully helpful later on, or to have fun in the rest of the game, then i demand a gank. I, by no means, am a jungler main. However deeming when to gank isnt that difficult. If lane pushes its generally speaking easier to gank it. OR at the very DAMN LEAST COMMUNICATE THAT YOU WONT GANK ME. Its extremelly depressing being in a difficult match up only to see literally the rest of your team ignoring you. Even a damn apologize or a lie will help by a lot to uplift someone. I do agree with the rest though.
> [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-01-18T14:32:50.424+0000) > > Ahem > > Can you really blame them? The game is so damn snowball that one mistake makes the game 10 times harder to comeback. Late game is where snowball has reached such heights that turrets are made out of paper compared to the champs. As for the mastery thing, well as someone that has mastery flashes perma muted, again, can you blame them? Yasuo has total control over lanes. Even those that he is countered. You are lux? Well too bad now you cant burst him down thanks to the shield and his w. You are annie? Well too bad he wont trade with you whenever he feels threatened. This wouldnt be a problem if yasuo didnt scale so damn fast. > > The root of this problem is easy to pinpoint. Snowball. If comebacks had a reasonable chance of occuring then people wouldnt give up so fast. But they dont. The winning team has a shittons of advantage over the losing. Which is not a bad thing. The problems come when the winning team takes objectives and the losing cant stop them because the turrets are incapable of looking out for themselves. > > I mean why play a game where you wont have fun because you will get instantly killed the moment the enemy sees you? Outside of ranked that is. Although one can still say that ranked has at its bare requirements, make you have fun. But whatever this is subjective. > > When you queue up for ranked, you queue up to (generally speaking) acquire a win. When my teammates attempt impede it well, they basically grief. You can have fun as long as you dont impede other's fun. I wont mind someone going on a role that he can function. However sending jinx mid VS ZED is something that i dont quite appreciate and it WILL tilt me a bit. > > If im being 24/7 to the turret, the lane is an easy gank (low mobility) and the jungler is not busy in another lane, i need ganks to be even remotefully helpful later on, or to have fun in the rest of the game, then i demand a gank. I, by no means, am a jungler main. However deeming when to gank isnt that difficult. If lane pushes its generally speaking easier to gank it. OR at the very DAMN LEAST COMMUNICATE THAT YOU WONT GANK ME. Its extremelly depressing being in a difficult match up only to see literally the rest of your team ignoring you. Even a damn apologize or a lie will help by a lot to uplift someone. > > I do agree with the rest though. The bottom line, as far as I'm concerned, is that there is absolutely nothing that ever justifies flaming your teammates or intentionally feeding. Also to respond to another point you made, I think people have conflicting ideas as to how a jungler should spend his time. If you watch any video on youtube about jungling tips, they will basically explain that you have to judge each case on its own merits. I will gank or not gank a winning lane or a losing lane for different reasons. It depends on how your laner is playing, who your laner is playing, and the same for their lane opponent. Example: If I can see that there is a very good top Riven, and they are 3/0 at 5 min vs a 0/3 Gangplank, I will tell Gangplank to play under his tower, and will probably try to get the mid laner to come with me for a 3v1 on the Riven, because even if I catch her under GP's tower, she can still 2v1. And then she would get even more fed. I'm not saying I am an excellent super amazing jungler, but one should be taking these things into account. By extension, if I am playing as Nasus vs Darius top for example, I will play incredibly safe from the very start because I refuse to allow him to snowball. Some people will get cocky or bored and then Darius KDA starts going up. Again, I'm not proclaiming to be a super good player, but I do know that a bit of restraint can make or break your lane, as well as the match as a whole. I use the same tactic if mid vs a skilled Zed. One of the best pieces of advice I ever got about laning vs zed is to starve him early game, and be wary of roams. Further, if I am a Talon vs a good Zed mid, I won't be surprised if my jungler doesn't gank, because A) a good Zed is very hard to gank and B) it could easily go wrong when he has his ult early game. Not everyone takes this stuff into account, and instead they choose to blame everyone else around them.
: > [{quoted}](name=XL BENCH PRESS,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=0008000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-18T13:36:28.442+0000) > > https://media.giphy.com/media/l2Z84eFooeHJu/giphy.gif You do know memes don't make you right, right? You've still yet to provide anything but baseless claims.
> [{quoted}](name=DeceasedL0ved0ne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=00080000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-18T14:25:59.320+0000) > > You do know memes don't make you right, right? You've still yet to provide anything but baseless claims. I disagree; memes are the spice of life.
Karfuss (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=XL BENCH PRESS,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-18T09:50:09.247+0000) > > **It's the people who ** > + give up all hope and stop trying because they died once or twice and have become tilted cuz Yasuo flashed mastery > + run it down mid, because they are salty about some petty occurrence, or int feed in any other manner > + spam surrender every 5 mins because they are tilted (the amount of games I've won whilst someone spams ff...) > + flame their entire team because the team isn't playing exactly how they want > + flame their support for failing to save them from a gank, or even just for missing a Q. > + Spam ping **???** when someone misplays ("YEAH, LET'S TILT MY TEAMMATE, THAT'LL HELP ME WIN!") > + Flame their jungler because they died twice in 5 mins and haven't received a gank > + Flame their jungler because they are 0/5 at 10 mins and the jungler isn't ganking their lane (_**Why on earth could that be?**_) > + Go AFK at base because their team won't accede to their demands to surrender > + People who get aggressive towards their jungler and start telling the enemy where their jungler is on the map every time they are invading/counter jungling/trying to gank/farming camps (There is a special place in Hell for these people) > > You get the idea. That is all. And you think none of these things have ANYTHING to do with the current climate of League of Legends? Would I flame our mid laner going 0/3 to Kassadin? No. Would I agree with the poor unfortunate soul that did when Kassadin roams, one shotting them out of lane? Yes. Now that isn't the Kassadin's fault, nor is it the mid laners fault if they perhaps got ganked, nor is it the top laners fault for instantly dying under turret. That is a direct result of piss poor balance, allowing any champion with a full item ahead to decimate anyone and there's f-all you can do because resistance means diddily squat. Perhaps if players thought they had any meaningful chance, they'd be a lot less toxic about it, but they're right. There's gonna be 8k gold difference and no inhibitors at 19 minutes.
> [{quoted}](name=Karfuss,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-01-18T13:46:43.027+0000) > > And you think none of these things have ANYTHING to do with the current climate of League of Legends? > > Would I flame our mid laner going 0/3 to Kassadin? No. > Would I agree with the poor unfortunate soul that did when Kassadin roams, one shotting them out of lane? Yes. > > Now that isn't the Kassadin's fault, nor is it the mid laners fault if they perhaps got ganked, nor is it the top laners fault for instantly dying under turret. > > That is a direct result of piss poor balance, allowing any champion with a full item ahead to decimate anyone and there's f-all you can do because resistance means diddily squat. I do think the problem of people's behavior is separate to whatever meta we are in, yes. When I started league on NA server in 2015, I very quickly began to notice these same typical behaviors I listed above. The community has stayed exactly the same from 2015-2019. Bear in mind that we have had a tank meta during this time period. People then would rage because they died to a tank and then come on the forums and moan about the balance team. As I said in another post, it doesn't matter whether it's 2012 or 2021, League players will always be like this. That being said I sincerely do wish that the community would grow up a little over time, it's not out of the question... trying to be optimistic here :D > Would I flame our mid laner going 0/3 to Kassadin? No. > Would I agree with the poor unfortunate soul that did when Kassadin roams, one shotting them out of lane? Yes. Pleased to see that you don't flame. I don't really understand your second line here - do you mean you feel sorry for them? Well there's nothing wrong with that... I know the damage in this game is high, but I don't think that excuses people flaming and throwing the game because they are essentially just throwing their toys out the pram as they are mad that they died so quickly. I have had terrible games and have been destroyed/one shot without being able to fight back ever since I started playing, but I still do my best to win. I certainly don't flame, and AFK, and int, or just generally act like a spoilt brat. I play League to have fun at the end of the day. If you're not having fun, then why are you playing?
: > [{quoted}](name=XL BENCH PRESS,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-01-18T11:46:40.848+0000) > > I do mute people all the time. Doesn't stop the problems from existing though. Most of the stuff I listed above will significantly affect the match whether I mute the player concerned or not. That's kinda the whole point. So your answer is no, you have no evidence. And yes, it is based solely on your own experience, wherein you admit that instead of muting you allow it to effect how _you_ play the game. You say "most", but the majority of the things you listed either start with "flame..." or are another similar action besides intentionally feeding or quitting.
> [{quoted}](name=DeceasedL0ved0ne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-01-18T12:50:03.229+0000) > > So your answer is no, you have no evidence. And yes, it is based solely on your own experience, wherein you admit that instead of muting you allow it to effect how _you_ play the game. > > You say "most", but the majority of the things you listed either start with "flame..." or are another similar action besides intentionally feeding or quitting. https://media.giphy.com/media/l2Z84eFooeHJu/giphy.gif
: Listen, I like that you are trying to change the mindset, but mindsets are created by their environment. It's the same reason that the internet gets worse as time goes on. Goes from "kill yourself" to "I'm going to burn your house down and ***** your **** you *****" __*Heads up this part can be considered political*__ Same reason that 3rd world countries and religions can be violent. It's not the religion or country, it's the environment around same thing. Like Islam. __*NOW WHY AM I SAYING ALL THIS !?*__ Same thing applies to the game league of legends. People like Tyler1, Tarzaned, & a bunch of other players break shit or get very upset when they play league. IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF OTHER PLAYERS! (Though attitudes are shit) It's because they feel __CHEATED__ by the game. Damage is to high atm, that you need to have __REACTION TIME.__ You used to need to think, not just react. THAT is why people are upset and angry. TL;DR Toxicity is, yes, made by the players to other players. . . Now the shear anger and breaking and afking/leaving/trolling is caused by the unhealthy balance of damage in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Bμbble Butt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-18T10:26:52.423+0000) > > Listen, I like that you are trying to change the mindset, but mindsets are created by their environment. It's the same reason that the internet gets worse as time goes on. Goes from "kill yourself" to "I'm going to burn your house down and ***** your **** you *****" > > __*Heads up this part can be considered political*__ > Same reason that 3rd world countries and religions can be violent. It's not the religion or country, it's the environment around same thing. Like Islam. > > __*NOW WHY AM I SAYING ALL THIS !?*__ > Same thing applies to the game league of legends. People like Tyler1, Tarzaned, & a bunch of other players break shit or get very upset when they play league. > IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF OTHER PLAYERS! (Though attitudes are shit) It's because they feel __CHEATED__ by the game. > Damage is to high atm, that you need to have __REACTION TIME.__ You used to need to think, not just react. THAT is why people are upset and angry. > > TL;DR > Toxicity is, yes, made by the players to other players. . . Now the shear anger and breaking and afking/leaving/trolling is caused by the unhealthy balance of damage in the game. I appreciate your sentiment, but I mostly disagree, with regards to your point about the game being unhealthy (I still have a ton of fun playing, and always have). The bottom line is that people who break their keyboards either have anger problems, take the game too seriously, are immature, are mentally weak, or just have no accountability, or any combination of the above. You will never see me breaking my keyboard, or shouting at my teammates, no matter how bad the game is I'm having. The only thing I have no time for is people who abuse their teammates - I consider them cowards who would simply be better off elsewhere. And like everyone, I've had some god awful games where I'm doing very badly plus the 3man premade on my team is making my life hell. It boils down to resolve and self-control and mental strength. For example, if players are the problem, I can either ignore, mute, or respond. My choice. If I'm getting outplayed and have a gold deficit, though, then I tend to really try to focus harder and think how I can cause problems for the enemy team without letting them exploit my weaknesses (can I splitpush, can I peel, etc.), or I can bitch at my teammates - also my choice. I know which one I prefer. The funny thing is that people say how much they hate the game, then they go and play 8 matches in a single day lol.
: Got any actual evidence to support that claim or is solely based on yourself being unwilling to mute everyone?
> [{quoted}](name=DeceasedL0ved0ne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-01-18T11:10:10.501+0000) > > Got any actual evidence to support that claim or is solely based on yourself being unwilling to mute everyone? I do mute people all the time. Doesn't stop the problems from existing though. Most of the stuff I listed above will significantly affect the match whether I mute the player concerned or not. That's kinda the whole point.
: Honestly i agree completely. For example, I dont mind Akali being the way she is. I dont generally have a problem with her unless she gets ahead, and even then unless they are playing well, it isnt much of a problem. I never have minded her and thought it was a pretty nice rework tbh. The problem people seem to forget with champions like Akali, is that if the person plays well, that is generally because of 3 reasons.... 1st, when the rework just comes out nobody knows the champion and nobody plays it because "oh my gosh, it MUST be banned because we do not understand it". So nobody does, but they never learn how to play against them, so when one time you face the champ... you get facerolled because you did not even TRY learning how to beat them. 2nd, someone put a lot of work into the champion and learned all of their ins and outs and so they are very familiar with the champ, so they just play so well that common peasen..... i mean irons think that they are some kind of god. 3rd, if they smash you that bad, they likely would have done it with any other champion! So it isnt that Riot made Akali strong, the players made her strong. Like Viktor being taken top. Or Brand/Velkoz going support, etc. That isnt a Riot thing at all.... it is a player thing. Players change the meta, not Riot. ____ So many times there are things like that and it makes no sense why people are constantly complaining and complaining about how Riot is doing X wrong because of Y reasons and so some streamer says something out of frustration because they just got beat by X thing and then ALL THE SHEEPLE come out. Often times the sheeple dont even have a clue what they are talking about and go and say "well, even this person thinks its bad!" Even after you explained word for word why they are wrong. There is some things that i agree with, there are some things i do not agree with, but overall not everyone has the same thoughts as me, including Riot. I am fine with working to find a middle ground, but what some people are trying to do is handcuff themselves and tell Riot that until they get their way then they will sit there and pout like a 3 year old having a temper tantrum. And then those people have the nerves to try and tell other people to grow up LOL.
> [{quoted}](name=Silly Neeko,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-18T10:52:20.454+0000) > > Honestly i agree completely. > > For example, I dont mind Akali being the way she is. I dont generally have a problem with her unless she gets ahead, and even then unless they are playing well, it isnt much of a problem. I never have minded her and thought it was a pretty nice rework tbh. > > The problem people seem to forget with champions like Akali, is that if the person plays well, that is generally because of 3 reasons.... > > 1st, when the rework just comes out nobody knows the champion and nobody plays it because "oh my gosh, it MUST be banned because we do not understand it". So nobody does, but they never learn how to play against them, so when one time you face the champ... you get facerolled because you did not even TRY learning how to beat them. > > 2nd, someone put a lot of work into the champion and learned all of their ins and outs and so they are very familiar with the champ, so they just play so well that common peasen..... i mean irons think that they are some kind of god. > > 3rd, if they smash you that bad, they likely would have done it with any other champion! > > So it isnt that Riot made Akali strong, the players made her strong. Like Viktor being taken top. Or Brand/Velkoz going support, etc. That isnt a Riot thing at all.... it is a player thing. Players change the meta, not Riot. > ____ > > So many times there are things like that and it makes no sense why people are constantly complaining and complaining about how Riot is doing X wrong because of Y reasons and so some streamer says something out of frustration because they just got beat by X thing and then ALL THE SHEEPLE come out. Often times the sheeple dont even have a clue what they are talking about and go and say "well, even this person thinks its bad!" Even after you explained word for word why they are wrong. > > There is some things that i agree with, there are some things i do not agree with, but overall not everyone has the same thoughts as me, including Riot. I am fine with working to find a middle ground, but what some people are trying to do is handcuff themselves and tell Riot that until they get their way then they will sit there and pout like a 3 year old having a temper tantrum. > > And then those people have the nerves to try and tell other people to grow up LOL. Nice to see like-minded people on here :D Same here, I tend to take that kind of stuff on the chin. I don't play competitively (no ranked), so that's perhaps easier for me to say. The way I see it, you have to adapt, just like practically anything in life. Is LB deleting you with no effort? Then either learn to beat her, pick champions who counter her, ban her, or play her. There's always gonna be a pick/ban champ whether you're playing in 2012 or 2021.
Aladoron (EUW)
: Well, the problems you mentioned are basically the result of the current meta. Fast games (at least in gold gain), high damage --> Better snowballing --> 1 kill has much more impact on the game than It was compared to 3 years ago -> people feel their game is lost when the enemy has advantage, since the snowballing effect is stronger --> they do not see a chance to win --> that given game is not fun anymore --> flame or ff. Of course, there are the assholes as well, but you can not do too much with it.
> [{quoted}](name=Aladoron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-18T10:10:53.460+0000) > > Well, the problems you mentioned are basically the result of the current meta. Fast games (at least in gold gain), high damage --> Better snowballing --> 1 kill has much more impact on the game than It was compared to 3 years ago -> people feel their game is lost when the enemy has advantage, since the snowballing effect is stronger --> they do not see a chance to win --> that given game is not fun anymore --> flame or ff. > > Of course, there are the assholes as well, but you can not do too much with it. People were doing this exact same stuff when I started playing in 2015 though... As someone coming from WoW, where the community is, on the whole, far less toxic, I was shocked by the amount of hissy fits and verbal abuse you see on a regular basis. Didn't help to make me any less cynical that's for sure lol
: It is more like product of current game you dumb ass(look what 9 years of LoL done to me).
> [{quoted}](name=GotYourUltin321,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RKfG23Je,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-18T10:15:43.404+0000) > > It is more like product of current game you dumb ass(look what 9 years of LoL done to me). {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Rioter Comments
: A message for anyone that has to support me
: Sol and Ornn both have to build full burst to do that much damage, and even then, only get that damage onto braindead targets that run right into their combo (or in Sol's case, stand in his orbitals and circle jerk with them) before being nuked themselves by people smart enough to wait for or bait out that combo. Draven and Ori are likewise exploded often times before they even have time to *attempt* their damage. Graggy and Maplhite are the same as the first two, except far more reliable on landing their combos...but still get nuked by anyone who waits or manages to outplay it. You're throwing a bunch of circumstantial shit out there and proclaiming that it makes the *consistency* of AD burst assassins **exploding** people playing tanky champions ok. And yes, there are certainly other places besides AD burst assassins that need looked at. Yes, damage in general is high af right now due to a certain couple keystones being wildly overtuned. Now, on the part of you wanting to start shit over it: I did not mention in any part of what I said that anyone was being *forced* to do anything. I said that the problem is that people want to sit here and say that it's not upsetting to people that their preferred class is doing things it's not supposed to do simply because other people's preferred classes can do things they're not supposed to do either. tldr: You. You're a name that personifies the problem. If your only arguments in defending AD burst assassins are that it's not ONLY burst assassins, and that if you play burst assassins, it's ok, then you're actively choosing to ignore every actual *reason* that it's unhealthy for the game for them to be doing what they're doing, and people who ignore logic and reason should not be entitled to opinions. >.>
You made out that Riot are forcing you to play AD assassins, which is not true at all. In recent games I've seen {{champion:122}} dominate and carry. {{champion:92}} dominate and carry. {{champion:3}} dominate and carry. {{champion:24}} dominate and carry. {{champion:82}} dominate and carry. The list goes on. Simply picking up a {{champion:91}} does not guarantee that you will win the match, that you will perform well in that match, nor even that you will be able to delete squishies with no counterplay. If you get behind it can be pretty ugly, just like any champ. > You're a name that personifies the problem. I have no idea what this means Also I'm not trying to "start shit", was just responding to you...
: But that's exactly the problem. Are we all supposed to just pick up an AD burst assassin now? 5 AD burst assassins vs 5 AD burst assassins, run it down mid, forget everything else? If we're gonna go back to beta style 5AD, can Riot at least buff adcs so I can play TP ashe mid like the old days? Ope...that's not an AD burst assassin, you're right.
You can blow people up with virtually anything nowadays, not just 'AD BURST ASSASSIN'... Some examples of champs I have recently seen deleting people in 1 second who are not 'AD BURST ASSASSINS': {{champion:266}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:516}}{{champion:61}} . Everyone and his dog knows that the damage is very high in general, but don't make out that RiOt aRe FoRCiNg mE tO PlAy AsSaSSinS, cuz that's patently untrue.
Dynikus (NA)
: Sylas uses his own stats for any ultimate he steals. Since he doesn't have veigar's passive, he doesn't gain any AP from stacks that veigar has. the tooltip for his ult reads: "Sylas converts non-hybrid AD ratios into AP ratios, granting him .5 AP : 1 Bonus AD and .7 AP : 1 total AD respectively" So using Graves as an example, collateral damage deals 250/400/550 (+ 150% bonus AD) depending on rank. If Sylas has 500 AP, using Collateral Damage would deal 250/400/550 (+375) damage.
Thanks for the explanation!
: Sylas using AD ults?
Nice one thanks all :)
Rioter Comments
: Pink wards actually feel tankier than quite a bit of champions right now
It's not depressing when you're the one obliterating your opponents with little to no counterplay. Just imagine seeing a little Teemo dropping his shrooms in his jungle and then BOOM HEADSHOT DEAD, GUTS EVERYWHERE {{sticker:sg-ezreal}}
: Sneaky, pls stop ;_;
Worst cosplay of Sneaky I have seen. And no I would not.
Lhuhz (EUW)
: Where were you when Kai'Sa got nerfed in the patch she got her KDA skin with Prestige skin aswell ?
> [{quoted}](name=Lhuhz,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0pycgqAI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-09T10:14:41.272+0000) > > Were where you when Kai'Sa got nerfed in the patch she got her KDA skin with Prestige skin aswell ? Good point. I guess it's no rule of thumb. On the contrary, people were playing Kai'Sa so much at that point that I doubt the nerf impacted skin purchases that much.
Rioter Comments
: Does anyone actually use Spellbinder?
I get {{item:3907}} on AP {{champion:54}} if I'm fed, just for a bit of fun deleting the squishies!
: New Teasers on the Demacia Universe site
Seeing as everyone agrees that this new champion can steal people's ults, I'm thinking of all the anti-climactic uses it could have... Assuming it's the new champ's ult, to steal ults: Ults {{champion:17}} - throws a shroom. Lol enjoy Ults {{champion:74}} - gets a hat addition. Ults {{champion:142}} - jumps about a bit. Magikarp used splash! Ults {{champion:7}} - chains... self? Inception? Ults {{champion:43}} - Magikarp used splash! Does make you wonder how this will work exactly. In the teaser images it certainly seems as though the new champ either steals their ults or forces them to cast their own ult vs their teammates, so don't see how it would be compatible with the above examples.
: Normal Matchmaking is Garbage
I've always thought that when people duo queue, they should be matched according to the higher player's mmr. This would make it more difficult for people to go: "hey high-skill friend, come and party with me so that you can help me stomp some people" and instead it would be more like "Well, I _could_ queue with you, but you will get crushed at my mmr level". I mean, matchmaking is bad enough, where you have 5 players playing solo on one team, and then a team of 3 people on the other team using voice chat. As far as unfair advantages go, you can't really stop smurfs, but this however is fixable.
Tegash (NA)
: None of the other "joke" or referential skins translate either, or for that matter are even _relevant_ in this day and age. For Christ's sake Heimerdinger has a skin based off of a cult sci-fi film from the 80's that hardly anybody knows exists. And they're worried that _Candy Cane_ won't make sense??
Mars Attacks is from the mid 90s. Thanks for making me feel old.
: > [{quoted}](name=XL BENCH PRESS,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JvNEG5nF,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-12-20T11:15:00.574+0000) > > I tried saying just that yesterday, and was told to f*** my mother. Reported them, but who knows if they'll be punished. Besides, judging by the summoners name, it was probably their 17th account anyway (essentially an alphanumeric mishmash of nonsense). Escalate it with support and provide the match history link (assuming the game wasn't dodged), because it will help them identify that player more easily even though the system will have more trouble.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JvNEG5nF,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2018-12-20T11:21:03.664+0000) > > Escalate it with support and provide the match history link (assuming the game wasn't dodged), because it will help them identify that player more easily even though the system will have more trouble. OK, thx for the advice ^^
: Here's what you say to deny them any trolling power: "I can't stop you, but I still expect you to play like you mean it." Even if it's a ranked match, you've basically shown that you're not going to fuss with what they pick. Besides, as frustrating as it will be to deal with a pick like that, you can't stop them and it may still work out anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JvNEG5nF,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-20T02:02:23.552+0000) > > Here's what you say to deny them any trolling power: > > "I can't stop you, but I still expect you to play like you mean it." > > Even if it's a ranked match, you've basically shown that you're not going to fuss with what they pick. Besides, as frustrating as it will be to deal with a pick like that, you can't stop them and it may still work out anyway. I tried saying just that yesterday, and was told to f*** my mother. Reported them, but who knows if they'll be punished. Besides, judging by the summoners name, it was probably their 17th account anyway (essentially an alphanumeric mishmash of nonsense).
: Forcing Neeko to ult Zhonia is a good thing tho , her ult has a huge delay , not like she has no counter play or something and that means you forced her to ult , your carries will be safe etc ..
I guess that's true ^_^. Although I was a Rengar, chasing Neeko 1v1 into her jungle, almost had her killed at like 5% hp and then she activated Zhonya, so I waited next to her to kill, and then out of nowhere I get the grey screen. I had like 60% hp before that. I guess I will have to be prepared to run to a nearby brush next time.
: Its intended. Probably due to the fact that she already has to get in range of 3-5 champions without anything other then flash (or getting them to double take with her passive) And she has to start the windup before she zhonyas
She just activates Zhonya immediately after casting her Ult, so you don't see it.
: Its intended , like Swain Ult
That's so overpowered tho, in the case of Neeko. Like for example with {{champion:9}}, it's more understandable, because his ult doesn't instantaneously delete most of your HP + stun you. I am pretty sure her activating Zhonya also removed her windup animation. Neeko will just activate Ult+Zhonya when nearly dead, then out of nowhere I get deleted, and if I do survive, she just escapes as I'm probably still stunned. So in other words, if you're a melee squishy, you can't attack Neeko when her Zhonya and ult is up... or if she activates Zhonya, you are forced to quickly create distance from her, which makes it pretty easy for her to escape. Something's gotta give IMO.
Rioter Comments
: I'll come back when Riot has fixed the aforementioned problems, which most likely won't happen any time soon. If ever. Until then though, I did think of an interesting idea that certainly won't kill toxicity, but just might weaken it to the point where it'll actually become somewhat bearable. The in-game chat? **Do away with it.** If people really want to type they can add it as an option in the game's settings, and they can make it so that players can set it to public, which lets them chat with anyone, or private, which only let's premade party members chat with each other. Now, before you say that's a terrible idea because the chat is key to effective communication, think about it. Do you actually see anyone communicate via typing, or do people just use the chat to BM? Besides, most people choose to communicate with pings anyway. Pinging vs. typing is like using your blinkers vs. rolling down your window and yelling which direction you're going to turn.
> [{quoted}](name=Yautja wannabe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nHegsEow,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-18T23:11:19.563+0000) > > I'll come back when Riot has fixed the aforementioned problems, which most likely won't happen any time soon. If ever. Until then though, I did think of an interesting idea that certainly won't kill toxicity, but just might weaken it to the point where it'll actually become somewhat bearable. The in-game chat? **Do away with it.** If people really want to type they can add it as an option in the game's settings, and they can make it so that players can set it to public, which lets them chat with anyone, or private, which only let's premade party members chat with each other. Now, before you say that's a terrible idea because the chat is key to effective communication, think about it. Do you actually see anyone communicate via typing, or do people just use the chat to BM? Besides, most people choose to communicate with pings anyway. Pinging vs. typing is like using your blinkers vs. rolling down your window and yelling which direction you're going to turn. Yes I use the chat box to communicate every game, as I play jungle mainly.
: My furry BFF is home, because she's a goddamn wizard.
: Nerf a champion and give a terrible reason to go along with it.
{{champion:54}} movement speed reduced to 1 MS. Cuz he's made of rock. {{champion:79}} your skill shots go in a random direction regardless of where you place your cursor, as Gragas is drunk {{champion:555}} unable to cross or go on the river as he is scared of water. becomes terrified for the remainder of the game if he touches water.
: Can't believe I'm finally saying this, but I'm actually done with LoL.
You'll be back before the New Year/tomorrow. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} See you soon!
Dr Dog (NA)
: you know whats more fun than fighting leblanc?
Vs Leblanc, I like sitting with a handheld stick blender up my poop shaft, whilst listening to Die Antwoord, with lit cigarettes in my ears, nose and mouth.
Show more

XL BENCH PRESS

Level 123 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion