: Warring Kingdoms skin, you're welcome.
: > [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3AXytAf5,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-21T20:10:37.711+0000) > > Eh there are better ways to make Xin Zhao than tacking a decidedly mundane animal under him JUST because he's riding a horse in one of his splash arts. Seems contrived is all... > > Especially considering that we have more interesting mounts already in the game with Skaarl, Valor and Willump. You want Xin to be mounted fine, but let's do something better than a horse at the least. C'mon dude. Spear guy on an horse > spear guy Don't be anti fun. I'd really like to have a classical horse rider in the game. It's simple, it's common, but league lacks it.
: I cant see xin zhao on a horse to be honest (yes I know he has a spear, it's just hard for me to see)
GreenLore (EUW)
: The question would be how they could include it into his kit. Because I kinda can't imagine Xin being on his horse the whole time. It'd have to be part of a new skill or be just used for a recall animation.
I really like his current ultimate but if he were to ride a horse instead I wouldn't mind
: No. {{champion:120}}
being a horse ≠ riding a horse
Rioter Comments
: Cause she's a chameleon/shapeshifter. She's trying to look human, presumably so people aren't afraid of her.
You're absolutely right, I had forgotten about that! Edit : but then don't you think we could also get another vastaya that feels more reptilian ? Either like Rengar (very bestial) or like Nidalee (a humanoid that turns into an animal) ?
Rektagon (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lspRXZrW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-09T23:25:38.262+0000) > > We already have a lizard Vastaya too.
Interesting remark. That's not what I meant, but I feel like there is room for a reptilian vastaya in the League other than Neeko. And since she's the closest there is to the vastayashai'rei, it could be a shapeshifter for instance!
: We already have a lizard Vastaya too.
Neeko ? I mean... you're right. That said she doesn't feel like an actual reptile imo... idk
: So I know this is a long shot, but is it possible Nidalee is Killash? She transforms into a cougar which is a feline (Rengar is a feline). And then that begs the question: was one of Nidalee's parents Killash (again, in this case, feline)? If they were and they didn't know, this would explain why Nidalee was abandoned. But, as another possiblity, what if her mother wasn't aware of having been Killash and, after an infant Nidalee transformed into a young cougar cub, Nidalee was abandoned in that dense forest because that's where her parents met after her mother was rescued by her father. And Nidalee's mother knew her father would watch over the young child as if drawn by maternal instinct (or in this case, Killash instict)? It's a long shot but it does explain a few things but new questions will need answers. Thoughts? Or am I just losing my mind?
I love this theory and it totally makes sense! That's the kind of think I would like them to clarify.
: Possibly? I think it's going to stay a mystery, like Ahri's origins. Also, there is a Kiilash champion: Rengar.
I like mysteries in the lore but I feel like it's an opportunity to explore Ixtal's background ! And indeed, Rengar is a Kiilash. Actually I mistook the Kiilash for the reptilian Vastaya from her short story, which I would love to see in game !
Rioter Comments
: [Champion concept] Eirik the youngest Chieftain
Really nice concept, which could bring interesting gameplay mechanics. You nailed the Freljord thematic while adding something different than what we already have. I absolutely love the idea of a toddler being protected by his parents beyond death. The art looks amazing. I actually really want this in the game now :)
: Its not. She's from a jungle civilization right next door to Runterra's desert region. Everyone from that area has a darker skin tone. Thus, its kind of stupid to ask if she's Caucasian, because there's literally no reason she would be.
I think you didn't read my "kind of stupid" question right ! Some white people have a darker skin tone than others (e.g. greek over german) and some white people are not caucasian. So she could be caucasian, or not. My question was about her ethnicity.
Dynikus (NA)
: >why is her ethnicity so little emphasized ? Why would it be?
> I'm asking why OP wants it to be. I'm just asking why it is not > She's dark skinned, yes. Why should it be brought front and center though? I mean, cool if it's clear for you but it wasn't for me ! I'm definitely not asking for it to be brought front and center, I'm just pointing out the fact it's not obvious. And yes, I would have appreciated a little more hints. For example no champion in the League has curly hair (don't quote me on that), that would have been the opportunity.
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: {{champion:90}} He has an arabic name and looks like Alaadin and stuff like that I think originally he was Shuriman , wasn't he ?
> [{quoted}](name=Zahtar,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=1ZqEZrAE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-09T00:35:18.313+0000) > > Yea but he does not represent the current population from Shurima since he's become part of the Void
Rioter Comments
: wouldn't that clash with malzahar? who is technically human and shuriman.
Yea but he does not represent the current population from Shurima since he's become part of the Void
: Champion Concept: Auralee - Phantasm of the Isles
Hey :) I like the fact she's from the Shadow Isles, but is she alive ? She looks undead from what you said. I think making her a human surviving among ghosts could also be a good idea (every champion from the Shadow Isles is undead atm). Concerning the kit, I think you have really good ideas. Overall the gameplay of the champion seems interesting and new. The passive is nice and totally fits the discrete ranger theme. The interaction with the Q is cool and somewhat new (we already have Ivern's brushes and Akali's shroud but that's kind of in-between). For the W, I don't really see the point of making it a toggle. It costs mana, sure, but you would probably always turn it on when fighting. Then it would probably be hard to balance the ability between useless/forgettable and overpowered. Plus it means you have to hit an enemy five times to reach your full potential, which I feel does not necessary feel in line with the rest of the kit (I might be wrong on that). What I would do is reduce it to 3 stacks, adding a flat amount of damage and a cooldown that can somehow be refreshed by the kit. You keep the curse on ennemies, but you have to earn the fact of damaging cursed enemies with new Mist Arrows. I don't know if it's clear and it might be completely undoable, just a random idea ! I like the R a lot. It feels like the champion is tracking a prey in the night. Having several stealth zones opens up a lot of possibilities. The only problem that I have is that you wouldn't need to create a new stealth zone every 1 sec, right ? The time for you to attack an enemy from it, then replace / chase them.... So the idea I'm having is that the R could reduce all of her cooldowns when she attacks enemy champions. Maybe, then, in order for it not to be overpowered, you should take away from the E that it can hit a champion (though I really liked that interaction so idk). With that iteration of the R, she would create a shroud, hit a few times an enemy - cursing them, reposition with the E, create a new stealth zone and do that again until they die. Nice job !! I'm so happy to see that other people feel inspired by that archetype.
Rioter Comments
Enster (EUNE)
: Volibear - FanArt
Looks really good ! I like the fact you kept his armor while removing the helmet & giving him a naked arm, looks more ursine. You also nailed the "thunder" theme. Love the beard. Is it a scar or a tribal tattoo on his chest ? I like it anyways. He looks way more fierce but also has a shamanistic vibe. Good job !
: No, please not another stealth based assasin with 100 dashes and a passive the size of A4.
The idea is definitely not to give them 100 dashes
: I think a good way to add a unique archer is to make them like my concept of [Kero](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/wlPykIEX-kero-the-cyber-archerchampion-concept), I think a robotic archer would be a very interesting add to League. And honestly we could use some more robotic champs? Outside Blitz and sorta Viktor/Camille/Urgot we got nothing, Blitz is the only true robot and he needs a friend :P Maybe the robot archer even went rogue and left, trying to claim its agency/free-will.
I'm completely digging your champion concept ! I agree that the League could have more robots, and a robot archer would be dope. Your concept is actually very coherent and I think the spells are cool. Really like the Q, a sort of trap that you can fix to a wall is original and you built a cool mechanic around it. The only thing is that I'm not sure gameplay-wise your ideas would fit this concept of a rogue archer. He could totally be reinvented as a robot, but you articulated the kit around the fact that he builds mechanisms, traps and has displacements / CC. I see the rogue archer more as a discrete killer. That said, I also really like your concept and I think it could totally be a thing ! Actually I love archers so much I think there is room for both in the League.
: See, there's a few things not even covered in this...but where does your ranger fit in best? You say you want them to be the kind of ranger from Thief...but Thief wasn't really a ranger thing. That was definitely much more a rogue. When I think "Traditional Ranger", I go to the Forgotten Realms books (someone who lives their best life on the open trail, generally friendly with animals and only a few people, has a great deal of knowledge about traps, tracking, and outmaneuvering their hunters or prey) The absolute closest we have to that is probably Quinn. The only thing she doesn't really exhibit is trapping, but considering her actual role, she herself *is* the trap...ambush...screw it I'm already in deep for that one. :P If you're looking for an Archer Rogue, what would you want them to be like? I make fan concepts, and maybe if I can make an outline for the type of kit you're looking for, the same kind of thing will happen where Riot waits about 6 months and makes a champion using *reeeeeaaaallly* similar kit speculations without ever saying they had ideas from the boards. :P **side note:** I'd more compare Jayce's hammer/cannon combo to a crossbow that shoots energy anyway - it's entire design folds outwards to loosely resemble a crossbow at the end. Either way, If they make a new bow champion, I'd want something closer to a sniper. Yes, I know Ashe has the ult and Varus has his Q...but I'm talking about someone with a huge, heavy bow (think Fire Emblem, where they have a bow taller than they are!) whose entire kit is based around precise, heavy shots. Between our two concepts, I think yours would be the easier and more refreshing of the two archetypes though. I think if I were to try and make mine, I'd damn near just make someone just bring a fucking **ballista** at this point. :P
Other ideas that you can pick up from (or not obv) : * if they do another archer Riot can also introduce a cool arrow-mechanic that hasn’t been done yet (in this game) : an arrow that bounces off walls. I don’t feel like it’s necessary for the kit but it could also fit the design of the champion with arrows coming from hidden places. * invisible projectiles are not really exploited in the game (things like Ekko’s W) so having the champion shoot arrows in the air and them land a few seconds later (while enemies don’t see where they do right away) could be cool. Maybe for his ultimate, with a unique pattern when landing, proving the archer's skill and giving him a good burst ability. * maybe having a powerfull 1-or-2 auto-attack(s) boost to have reliable damage (like Fiora’s E but with arrows), e.g. high damage & high cooldown * OR put that in his passive, like I said in another comment (even though this type of mechanic might already be used by the upcoming champion) : > Imagine having an explosive one that bumps enemies, a poisonous one that applies strong DoT and a coal one that blinds the enemy. > And that's far from being the most creative options. > > They could have a "premeditation" passive that lets them choose a unique arrow to notch onto their bow before the fight, being the first auto-attack they land.
: Well it looks like my elemental user idea just got used for sivir-mage xD
: See, there's a few things not even covered in this...but where does your ranger fit in best? You say you want them to be the kind of ranger from Thief...but Thief wasn't really a ranger thing. That was definitely much more a rogue. When I think "Traditional Ranger", I go to the Forgotten Realms books (someone who lives their best life on the open trail, generally friendly with animals and only a few people, has a great deal of knowledge about traps, tracking, and outmaneuvering their hunters or prey) The absolute closest we have to that is probably Quinn. The only thing she doesn't really exhibit is trapping, but considering her actual role, she herself *is* the trap...ambush...screw it I'm already in deep for that one. :P If you're looking for an Archer Rogue, what would you want them to be like? I make fan concepts, and maybe if I can make an outline for the type of kit you're looking for, the same kind of thing will happen where Riot waits about 6 months and makes a champion using *reeeeeaaaallly* similar kit speculations without ever saying they had ideas from the boards. :P **side note:** I'd more compare Jayce's hammer/cannon combo to a crossbow that shoots energy anyway - it's entire design folds outwards to loosely resemble a crossbow at the end. Either way, If they make a new bow champion, I'd want something closer to a sniper. Yes, I know Ashe has the ult and Varus has his Q...but I'm talking about someone with a huge, heavy bow (think Fire Emblem, where they have a bow taller than they are!) whose entire kit is based around precise, heavy shots. Between our two concepts, I think yours would be the easier and more refreshing of the two archetypes though. I think if I were to try and make mine, I'd damn near just make someone just bring a fucking **ballista** at this point. :P
You’re completely right ! I initially didn’t really define the limits of the thing I wanted, it was more of a broad idea. By responding to comments and trying to explain why I had the feeling there was an empty spot for that type of character in the League, I defined it better and I’m happy you ask for more details ! (btw, indeed, Garrett from Thief is totally a rogue, just from the sub-class that wields bows) I actually love your description of the traditional ranger. I feel drawn to it and it is part of why I think the League needs a new archer. >someone who lives their best life on the open trail, generally friendly with animals and only a few people, has a great deal of knowledge about traps, tracking, and outmaneuvering their hunters or prey This archetype is not fully represented in game ! That’s what I want from the beginning. Now the problem is that Ashe is a scout and Kindred has a pet. Also we already have a lot of traps in the game. To be completely honest, these aspects have always been my least favorite from the ranger class. The dissimulation, tracking, agile aspects are my favorite. Which is why I was also attracted to the rogue archetype, but I never liked the mischievous and dishonest parts of it. Plus I want an archer !! Therefore, this concept is not exactly the epitome of the traditional ranger, nor the perfect rogue. Actually, I would be equally fine with Riot identifying the champion more as one or the other. I feel like there is a weird in-between category that borrows elements from the two. You can see it both ways : the noble rogue that uses a bow (and is not particularly mischievous), or the lone ranger (that tracks a prey in any environment, not only nature). Either way they have stealth capacities, dexterity and precision. They are capable of taking down a foe with a single arrow and vanish right away. I don’t feel like any champion fills that role. And it is a quite beloved profile from video games. After talking to a friend of mine, here’s what I think best describes that in terms of gameplay : a mix of Twitch and Jhin, plus one good mobility spell (think Sylas E). For the mobility spell, I actually have given it some thought. I wouldn’t want the champion to be overly mobile, mainly because it simply wouldn’t be balanced to have a mobile Jhin that can camouflage. My idea : on first cast, he shoots a hook-rope-arrow that can attach to a wall ; on second cast, he turns invisible while pulling himself to it ; if he is near the wall when reactivating, he hops over it (small walls only). This ability can look strong, but it actually is a much less powerful version of Shaco’s Deceive. If you want to give the spell a weakness, slow the champion during stealth. It hasn’t been made yet and quite fits the camouflage RP-wise. It gives him a cool gap-closer OR way to cross a wall but with the need to carefully use the ability. The stealth gives it more importance and thus more thought as to when to put on cooldown. I think this spell totally captures what the champion would be ! It lets him either slowly infiltrate a corner of the map to kill someone he’s tracking or get out just after it. One or the other only. I would LOVE you to do a concept for this champion. Please do. I do not own the idea, I’m happy if it has a life of its own !! I actually really feel what you mean with your wish for a sniper. It can totally be a part of this champion because « precise, heavy shots » is exactly what I think should be its gameplay. Mixing the two ideas seems great. Have fun with it ! (that was a long comment :p)
: > Somehow no ranger is related to stealth in LoL, idk why because you keep excluding twitch for no reason at all. Crossbows have always been part of ranger class weapons, it makes no sense to exclude em. and teemo is a scout class which comes close too. > the rogue archer, the agile and discrete one this archetype just doesn't work. Aside from the agile part assassin build twitch fulfills that role, but it'll never be good because ranged assassins are unhealthy for the game. Tho i'll agree that league doesn't really have anyone that fulfills the classic rogue role well. The reason for that is that they simply do not lend themselves well to pvp multiplayer games, especially league. Stealing items or gold would be broken and their combat often comes close to assassins or rangers. So in the end we could have an assassin or adc that's a rogue in lore, but it would be hard to represent that part ingame.
I like your comment because you're quite constructive in the end and I'll try to be myself. First of all, I never excluded crossbows as a whole from the ranger class ; proof is I specifically said Quinn is a part of it. Yet the whole post is about the fact that I want a champion that wields a bow ! Furthermore, in my eyes, crossbows are less precise and more mechanical than bows. The traditional ranger, the tracker that waits for the perfect time to take down his prey with a single arrow, wields a bow. Now indeed, I keep excluding Twitch without giving much explanation, but there is some solid. To make it short, a crazy sewer rat has nothing in common with a cautious rogue archer. It seems obvious to me that Twitch is not a ranger, nor a rogue. He does have the infiltration aspect but not the precision one. He's not about dexterity, as you said. He's rather all about suddenly appearing to frenetically take down several foes. The champion I want selects a target and chooses the best way to silently take them down before vanishing. I completely agree that nailing this archetype would be hard. Your arguments are very good indeed, rogues might not be the most fitting for this type of game in terms of gameplay and we might end up with either a marksman or an assassin. But I'm pretty sure Riot could do it and I'd rather have them try than not. They've surprised us many times with innovative mechanics. Having a rogue-archer-ranged-assassin that does not break the meta could be their next challenge :)
: I was thinking more on an Udyr-like archer with different elemental/magic arrows that he/she can choose between.
That can totally be the case ! That would actually fit my dream archetype perfectly : Garrett from Thief uses all kinds of arrows to adapt to any situation. Imagine having an explosive one that bumps enemies, a poisonous one that applies strong DoT and a coal one that blinds the enemy. And that's far from being the most creative options. They could have a "premeditation" passive that lets them choose a unique arrow to notch onto their bow before the fight, being the first auto-attack they land.
: While it is true that we have quite a bunch of guns, I don't think the comparison of "3 bows against 8 guns" is really fair, considering that there is such a wide variety of guns in general and that applies to this game, too. We can split up the guns you listed as following: 1 shotgun {{champion:104}} 2 sniper rifles {{champion:51}} {{champion:202}} 1 gatling gun {{champion:42}} 1 minigun/rocket launcher/taser {{champion:222}} 2 dual wielded pistols {{champion:236}} {{champion:21}} 1 cannon {{champion:18}} A shotgun doesn't work the same like a sniper rifle, nor does it provide an equivalent fighting style. Bows are more limited there in my opinion. Yes, there are different types of bows, like shortbows, longbows, etc. But in general, the way they are working is much more alike than between these different gun types. ____________________ Personally, I am fine with the amount of bows in the game. A stealthy bow user who wants to assassinate his enemies from range sounds alot like Twitch in my ears, but this can easily just be me. ____________________ Personal bias that will get me some hate here: I would actually like to get more guns. {{sticker:sg-lulu}} There are some weapons we don't have in the game yet, which I would like to see explored. Like a granade launcher, a syringe-gun, a heavy gatling-gun.
I agree that guns are more diverse than bows by nature even though, as you said, there are also different types of bows. Yet the gameplay and the themes associated with an archer can vary just as much, which is why I took the time to list the specificities of current League archers. We could have something not in line with any marksman in the game. I actually made the comparison with guns just to show how Riot can diversify what, in the end, are all firearms wielders. In terms of themes, look at how Lucian and MF resonate differently while having the same type of weapons ! As for Twitch, there are indeed similarities that come from stealth mechanics and range. However, he is not agile and does not track down enemies like a ranger but ambushes and contaminates them.
: I don't know just something that came across my mind, just the idea of your skill and the learning process of aiming your arrows would be something interesting to see, since it would essentially create True Archery in LoL.
Would love that. They could also have an arrow that bounces off walls, with an infinite number of angles to explore and practice to pay off (reminds me of when Vel'koz was released, his Q felt that way)
Arakadia (NA)
: It could, but it most certainly would not be exploring the vast potential of other weapons.
: A stealthy ranger would be a cool way to introduce a third kind of stealth: minimap invisibility. Rito loves gimmicks nowadays, so could be a way to tempt them~ (Also, we need a sling champion, I could imagine the weapon being a challenge to animate though unless you reuse something like Jhin's capped ATS mechanic.)
That could definitely be an idea to explore but I feel like it should still be paired with camouflage, since giving it permanently would be broken and otherwise it would be too situational (especially since minimap awareness is not equally shared between players!)
: Idk about that one chief. We already have 2 hyper mobile stealth ADCs {{champion:67}} {{champion:145}} and everyone perma bans them when they are good because they are ridiculously irritating to fight in solo queue where their isnt single target coordination. Think about it this way, you would get this cool champ of your dreams but in turn you would never be allowed to play it because it will either be pick ban or nerfed.
I mean I don't really care about the champion being nerfed as long as I enjoy their gameplay :) Furthermore imo Riot makes a pretty good job at balancing the game and giving each champion its ups and downs. In terms of gameplay I imagine a slower pace than Vayne & Kai'sa in fights, with precise rather than frenetic shots. The more I think about it the more I see them as an assassin and not a marksman. Stealth would rather serve infiltration then.
: I'm all for it. I love Archery and most Archer Champion's in-game are my favourites. But imagine a new Archer who's Basic Attacks would need to be aimed as a new Mechanic (not sure if it's a good suggestion but I would love a higher skillfloor Archer in-game, not saying that the current Archer roster are lacking it but it's just a thought).
: Maybe they could make them a ranged AD assassin similar to {{champion:133}} because thats pretty much what she is and she is the only one in the game that is likes this. I feel if they make them just an AD carry they would be too basic and just be a mix of {{champion:22}} and {{champion:29}}. Give them the stealth and mobile abilities but a little lower range like {{champion:133}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:236}}. Only thing is Toplaners are gonna HATE it XD
Couldn't agree more ! That's actually a really good idea
: This made me want to play with my archer in black desert online and I d9nt even lile that game that much {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}} I guess that is a cool concept but it would have to be a ranged assassin. Sounds broken. Now that I think about it I wanna play teemo in the jungle {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
Probably ! But I don't have a problem with that Leblanc is a ranged assassin and used to be considered as such by Riot And, indeed, Teemo - with certain builds - could also be considered a ranged assassin
: I think the reason Riot hasnt made the classic stealthy archer that we all play in Skyrim is because they try to make character very unique. I agree 100% they should ad another one I LOVE bows they are super cool but I think thats the reason they havnt made one.
Finally ! Relieved to see I'm not the only one You totally make a point. Yet the very core of LoL is to take every single classic fantasy archetype and to make it unique I believe that Riot would be easily find a way to add unique visuals and mechanics to a stealthy archer and that we wouldn't end up with the bland hooded one everyone thinks about (and that I love anyways)
Arakadia (NA)
: I think there are more interesting tools for Marksmen than what we currently have. Another bow user wouldn't be inherently bad but I'd prefer someone who uses something unique or different, unseen or undone before.
Actually, a bow user could introduce new and interesting mechanics ! Off the top of my head : Having to switch between different types of arrows (e.g. 3) that have various effects Using a hook/rope arrow as a gap-closer Using a bladed bow with hand-to-hand combat interactions
: Seems a bit picky and arbitrary that having stealth and a crossbow {{champion:29}} {{champion:67}} isn't good enough. You said you wanted "the rogue archer, the agile and discrete one" which seems to fit vayne perfectly
I understand it might feel arbitrary but it's not. I'll try to be clear Indeed, Vayne is agile and has stealth, which makes her the closest match to the champion I want in terms of themes. But this champion would have qualities of precision, that of an archer, and infiltration, that of a rogue, that Vayne does not have. The archetype is very different, and I thought my precision at the end was clear enough. Vayne is not a traditional ranger. She is a demon hunter, she hunts and fights with swiftness but does not premeditate it. The fact she does not use a bow is actually quite representative of this matter. The champion I want approaches its prey with catlike stealth and choses the best option to execute them, from a distance. This champion does not exist in League of Legends. As for Twitch, he is completely irrelevant for that archetype. Was I clear enough ? :)
: Hell, I'm down for ANY new ADC, and this sounds pretty fun to play. Or maybe could double as a mid-lane ranged AD assassin? Build might look like this: {{item:3153}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3091}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3006}} and in addition to stealth, have an escape of some kind, maybe a warp like {{champion:28}} 's ultimate or a teleport like {{champion:81}} . Or, since he's an old-fashioned DND ranger, he has a summon ability that scales off of Attack Speed as his ultimate (some sort of animal, since rangers have an affinity for nature). Maybe not as powerful as Tibbers or Daisy, but something to that effect. Or maybe not, since that doesn't fit quite fit the rogue theme. Maybe bonus damage if the champion's back is turned, so you would stealth, flank around to the back of the enemy team, and shoot the back-line squishies in the back. That might also make him/her a decent gank-jungler, as well. EDIT: And, if they turn their back to you, maybe get some bonus movement and/or Ghost as well.
You get what I mean ! I actually hadn't even thought of a role for them, but ranged assassin would fit. I really like the DND ranger comparison, that's the idea ! But as you said, I would tone down the nature theme in favor of the rogue one. Your ideas for spells are interesting and quite close to what I'm picturing for the champion. They could also use different kinds of arrows, just like Garrett in Thief.
: Ranger noun 1a : the keeper of a British royal park or forest. b : forest ranger. 2 : one that ranges. 3a : one of a body of organized armed men who range over a region especially to enforce the law. b : a soldier specially trained in close-range fighting and in raiding tactics. This is what yer after i think
> [{quoted}](name=ANearMiss,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=McuL3tgH,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-05T01:14:39.671+0000) > > Ranger > noun > 1a : the keeper of a British royal park or forest. b : forest ranger. 2 : one that ranges. 3a : one of a body of organized armed men who range over a region especially to enforce the law. b : a soldier specially trained in close-range fighting and in raiding tactics. > > This is what yer after i think https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_(character_class)
: Sounds like what you're wanting is sort of the reverse of Talon.
> [{quoted}](name=ANearMiss,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=McuL3tgH,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-05T01:14:04.367+0000) > > Sounds like what you're wanting is sort of the reverse of Talon. Talon with a bow would fit ... I guess
: So literally twitch with a bow?
> [{quoted}](name=Galactic Mayhem,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=McuL3tgH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-05T01:00:33.044+0000) > > So literally twitch with a bow? He's not a ranger
Jamaree (NA)
: Cries in {{champion:67}}
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=McuL3tgH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-05T00:59:24.885+0000) > > Cries in {{champion:67}} She's a demon hunter, not a ranger imo And she doesn't have a bow
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Visual Effect Updates: Kennen, Olaf, Wukong and Riven
Thanks for all this great work. **My take on Kennen's VFX update :** The clarity improvements were hella needed. Feels good to finally see the actual hitboxes of his spells. His new shurikens look amazing. Q looks really satisfying and I personally like the new E animation. Yet am I the only one to think that **the color palette used feels a bit weird** ? * It looks too blue imo, and thus less "lightning". Especially for his E and his ult, which almost look like some sort of water magic to me. * This might be amplified by the fact that his spells look less "sharp", if it makes sense. * The white from his spells almost completely disappeared (except from his ult when it lands on people and from his new stun animation, which looks great btw). I think adding more white into the colors (and maybe a bit more sparks? or something else to make it less smooth) would be beneficial, because it would match his SFX better and simply feel more like Kennen ! {{champion:85}} _Edit_ - After reading other comments, turns out I'm not the only one to have that opinion ! > [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=6r5PBr2Y,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-01-31T02:14:28.073+0000) Kennen doesn't look... sharp anymore. Spark-y. Especially noticeable on his E. ___ > [{quoted}](name=Shokimatrix,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=6r5PBr2Y,comment-id=0076,timestamp=2019-01-31T19:02:34.696+0000) R animation isn't so bad, but the wavy blue auras around the bolts make the effect seem a little watery. The effect that plays when it connects also looks more magical than electrical. > ___ > [{quoted}](name=Kanzerman,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=6r5PBr2Y,comment-id=0083,timestamp=2019-02-01T01:21:12.050+0000) Kennen's effects look a lot more watery than they feel sparky.
Jackom1 (EUW)
: Not too sure about {{champion:36}} since he just recieved new VFX for his spells. He stil is a stat check champion, so some degree of work is to be expected. {{champion:9}} is definitely high on Rito's "to do" list, though I hope they get to {{champion:54}} and {{champion:31}} first. Their Models are even more outdated, and their kits need to be reworked from the ground up. That said, if they managed to nail down a fiddle rework already, then he's coming next year for sure. Also {{champion:106}} , his model isn't that bad, but none plays him and for good reason.
> [{quoted}](name=Jackom1,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=icZJZpEO,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-05T17:06:03.635+0000) > > Not too sure about {{champion:36}} since he just recieved new VFX for his spells. > Yeah, I guess he'll end up being late 2020 > [{quoted}](name=Jackom1,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=icZJZpEO,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-05T17:06:03.635+0000) > That said, if they managed to nail down a fiddle rework already, then he's coming next year for sure. > Agreed. His update will definitely come before {{champion:54}} {{champion:31}} tho (though I wish Malph was updated asap).
Lyaso (EUW)
: I would say that {{champion:80}} and {{champion:56}} are coming before {{champion:36}} and {{champion:9}} . Since {{champion:9}} and {{champion:36}} got both recently skins. Two weeks ago there was a youtube video from wired where Ghostcrawler and Meddler talked about all champions. They mentioned particularly that {{champion:82}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:56}} and {{champion:106}} were needing updates.
Might well be the case ! Actually, in my classification I focused solely on Reav3's comments, and there were very few concerning Pantheon, except for the fact he'd probably get reworked before Nocturne. I don't see both of them being updated in 2019 tho. So I'd say {{champion:80}} for **2019**, leaving {{champion:56}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:36}} for **2020**.
Show more

Zahtar

Level 65 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion