: TFW u wont be in-town for last 3 days of event
I've got some good news for ya ^-^ _Deathglow (Riot Games Player Support)_ _Oct 16, 7:45 AM PDT_ _Hey again._ _I have updates!_ _"All players have a month to complete the missions._ _The missions will drop daily at 1:00 PM PDT starting on October 17th. A mission will drop each day, so if you finish the first mission, you'll need to wait a whole day (!) for the second one! Don't worry if you don't complete Mission 1 on Day 1. They'll be waiting for you until all the missions will end on November 19th at 11:00 AM PDT." _ _Should be plenty of time even for folks doing a 3 weeks retreat! đŸ”„_ _ Best regards! _ _See you soon..._ _Deathglow - Player Support Specialist - "Are you my nightmare, or am I yours?"_ link: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/nKh4WKqw-i-asked-support-about-those-10daily-rewards-and-got-a-reply-just-now
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T18:53:03.483+0000) > > Until they actually stop they'll keep getting hate, and understandably so. > If it was just a mediocre client or a few purchase issues i doubt they'd get as much hate as they are rn however the biggest issue its the exclusivity contracts. It's a tactic that has te potential to ruin a whole industry by just bringing the practice up as a "reasonable" means of profit. > > They introduced the idea and are rolling with it, yes it might be too expensive for Epic Games now but what about later? What prohibits them when they become more profitable or worse yet another company with a bigger budget to use such a practice? Well, they've stated it isn't profitable or sustainable, nor do they think it ever will be profitable, so I'm going to take their word for it. But sure, lets say it is a profitable. Quantify how bad it is to have to click the Epic launcher rather than Steam or Origin or Uplay. Rank it on a scale from 0-10 on how bad that is, if you'd be so kind.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T23:51:52.261+0000) > > Well, they've stated it isn't profitable or sustainable, nor do they think it ever will be profitable, so I'm going to take their word for it. > > But sure, lets say it is a profitable. Quantify how bad it is to have to click the Epic launcher rather than Steam or Origin or Uplay. Rank it on a scale from 0-10 on how bad that is, if you'd be so kind. More than happy to help but your point of view on the issue at hand is too narrow imo. Just to give an example (and his might seem like a sudden jump in topic but its part of my major rn and the best example i have on the top of my head): The question at hand is to broad but your asking for a narrow answer, similar to asking the question "Does electric cars produce and CO2?" At first glance the answer is an obvious "No, they produce nothing since hey're electric" however that's only partly true, since we didn't take in to account the production of the cars and batteries themselves + the factories that operates the whole production. Apply the same logic to the topi at hand and all the sudden "Quantify how bad it is to have to click the Epic launcher rather than Steam or Origin or Uplay." Is too narrow of a question compared to the topic. It was ever about the inconvenience of having to launce an extra launcer or making an extra doubbleclick, its abut the introduction of the exclusivity tactic among the same console and market (in our case separation in PC games when there should be none except compatibility performance wise). The inconvenience itself i'd say between a 2-8/10 (depending on the client performance, purchase issues and lacking features compared to other stores, all of which are valued differently depending on the person) For me it would be more of a 3/10 since i don't pay for the games so loosing money isn't an issue for me. HOWEVER introducing the tactic of exclusivity among PC games is highly unfavorable (profitable or not) and risks ruining the industry in one way or another, a 10/10 would be an understatement. If they want to stop most of the hate they should ditch the whole exclusivity altogether asap, just sayin' edit: my ranking form 0-10 isn't like yours. i go with 0 being least annoying/ problematic to 10 being most annoying/ problematic, aka the lower the scale the better.
Manxxom (NA)
: I have spent nearly three hours looking at this stupid hole.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: To my Arab peeps, we're getting an Arabic client
Where did you get that info from? I haven't heard anything about a middle eastern or an african server.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T11:07:46.965+0000) > > What i don't like? > The exclusivith approach to their bussoness. > How bad i think if can get? > Extremely bad. > > Its just a bad approach to bring exclusivity among the same console (it's not the same as exclusivity among dofferent consoles). > One look at the anime streaming industry to the west and you see why this is just bad news all around. > > The likes of Crunchyroll, instead on working on becoming a better streaming service to wncourage people to use their services that way, the buy shows and make them wxclusive and thus force people to use their services whether it's a bad service or not. > > This encourages laziness by the companies, why work on becoming better than the bare minimum if people will be forced to come anyways for show X or Y? Well they don't and the result is a customer torn appart amongst too many bad to mediocre services and ofc piracy is just sth that will exist forever since not eveyone is willing to subscribe to +5 different services just to watch one show on each. > > Apply the same logic to the gaming industry and what Epic Games is doing will be the downfa fo the pc fgaming market. Many people are already complaining about the problems that their client is suffering from problems. If this hecomes common the PC gaming industry will suffer from the same fate as the anime one, a bunch of different companies with different medioce clients buying the exclusive rights to di fferent games. Wait till subscriptions become a thing where instead of buying the game itself you pat a monthly fee for an entery to their entire game library. > > "Want to play 2 different games but each of them exists on a different client? Well get ready to pay up." is what i don't want to become a reality, one that already is in the anime community. > > And btw I'm only getting the free games on their store for that sole reason. You can say I'm taking advantage of them since it's pretty obvious that they offer free games to encourage people in the future to pay later on. I know for a fact that i won't spend a dime, might boost their numbers in one way or another but never giving them a profit. Yeah, you don't have to worry about that. Epic has said they can't continue buying exclusive content because it will be too pricey. All launchers have issues when they're launched, Origin, Uplay, Battlenet, Steam. I've just never seen this level of hatred before.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T15:33:42.948+0000) > > Yeah, you don't have to worry about that. Epic has said they can't continue buying exclusive content because it will be too pricey. All launchers have issues when they're launched, Origin, Uplay, Battlenet, Steam. I've just never seen this level of hatred before. Until they actually stop they'll keep getting hate, and understandably so. If it was just a mediocre client or a few purchase issues i doubt they'd get as much hate as they are rn however the biggest issue its the exclusivity contracts. It's a tactic that has te potential to ruin a whole industry by just bringing the practice up as a "reasonable" means of profit. They introduced the idea and are rolling with it, yes it might be too expensive for Epic Games now but what about later? What prohibits them when they become more profitable or worse yet another company with a bigger budget to use such a practice?
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:26:15.234+0000) > > And i'm here like: I'm against their practices... > ######but Epic Games offer good games for free and that's hard to beat for me Hey, no problem. No one's perfect. Feel free to let me know what you don't like and how bad you think it is.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:31:17.789+0000) > > Hey, no problem. No one's perfect. Feel free to let me know what you don't like and how bad you think it is. What i don't like? The exclusivith approach to their bussoness. How bad i think if can get? Extremely bad. Its just a bad approach to bring exclusivity among the same console (it's not the same as exclusivity among dofferent consoles). One look at the anime streaming industry to the west and you see why this is just bad news all around. The likes of Crunchyroll, instead on working on becoming a better streaming service to wncourage people to use their services that way, the buy shows and make them wxclusive and thus force people to use their services whether it's a bad service or not. This encourages laziness by the companies, why work on becoming better than the bare minimum if people will be forced to come anyways for show X or Y? Well they don't and the result is a customer torn appart amongst too many bad to mediocre services and ofc piracy is just sth that will exist forever since not eveyone is willing to subscribe to +5 different services just to watch one show on each. Apply the same logic to the gaming industry and what Epic Games is doing will be the downfa fo the pc fgaming market. Many people are already complaining about the problems that their client is suffering from problems. If this hecomes common the PC gaming industry will suffer from the same fate as the anime one, a bunch of different companies with different medioce clients buying the exclusive rights to di fferent games. Wait till subscriptions become a thing where instead of buying the game itself you pat a monthly fee for an entery to their entire game library. "Want to play 2 different games but each of them exists on a different client? Well get ready to pay up." is what i don't want to become a reality, one that already is in the anime community. And btw I'm only getting the free games on their store for that sole reason. You can say I'm taking advantage of them since it's pretty obvious that they offer free games to encourage people in the future to pay later on. I know for a fact that i won't spend a dime, might boost their numbers in one way or another but never giving them a profit.
: Pros and Cons of Epic the company and Epic Game Store
And i'm here like: I'm against their practices... ######but Epic Games offer good games for free and that's hard to beat for me
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rnMHr9GI,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-10-08T23:41:19.173+0000) > > Scenario 1: you judged the post by its title and rushed for a reply missing the "jk" written in the post > Scenario 2: You don't know that JK is short for Just Kidding which , if this is the case, now you know > OR > Scenario 3: You noticed that the title is supposed to be a joke and yet took it seriously which in this case uhhh... ummm... wh.. i... i have nothing tbh Scenario 4: I’m going along with the joke saying it makes no sense since Riot “usually buffs champions for publicity”. I read the post my dude, don’t take everything so serious.
> [{quoted}](name=jocomotion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rnMHr9GI,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T01:45:50.273+0000) > > Scenario 4: I’m going along with the joke saying it makes no sense since Riot “usually buffs champions for publicity”. > > I read the post my dude, don’t take everything so serious. i fell for my own joke rip xD
: What do you mean, SKT wasn't even qualified for 2018 worlds. They just put Faker in because he's a well known player and they're overusing him lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Ðeviruchi,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=6AjWXOdE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T10:04:34.290+0000) > > What do you mean, SKT wasn't even qualified for 2018 worlds. They just put Faker in because he's a well known player and they're overusing him lol. He fitts from a narrative standpoint. The narrative of the Rise was the journey of Samsung Galaxy rising to the top in the previous year and that includes the large hurdle that is SKT represented by Faker. As for the year prior it was a collage of the most memorable parts of Worlds upp untill that point which includes Faker being on top, the broccoli and the roll, all of which are pretty iconic in their own regard so it fitts there as well. Edit: Soooooo appearently he fitts in this year as well xD From a youtube comment: The video is about Rookie, Caps and Faker and them overcoming their struggles. Rookie loosing with Lissandra and Caps with Irelia both in 2018 aaaand Faker with Karma in 2017. They could have chosen another narragive ofc but technically he fits with the one they went with XP
: I mean yeah.... but you could also say the {{champion:43}} nerf makes less sense.
> [{quoted}](name=jocomotion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rnMHr9GI,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-08T23:03:50.120+0000) > > I mean yeah.... but you could also say the {{champion:43}} nerf makes less sense. Scenario 1: you judged the post by its title and rushed for a reply missing the "jk" written in the post Scenario 2: You don't know that JK is short for Just Kidding which , if this is the case, now you know OR Scenario 3: You noticed that the title is supposed to be a joke and yet took it seriously which in this case uhhh... ummm... wh.. i... i have nothing tbh
: This was such a let down. The song doesnt hype anything for worlds. It is slow and has no real High moments that generally make a good song.
> [{quoted}](name=MiniFerlow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rnMHr9GI,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-08T22:01:02.788+0000) > > This was such a let down. The song doesnt hype anything for worlds. It is slow and has no real High moments that generally make a good song. Tbh it reminds me too much of Awaken, but even that song had more hype in it. Something is just missing from Phoenix.
: The song itself and the art style are really good. The thematic behind the video is repetitive. We only see Lissandra, Karma, and Irelia fighting over and over again with the same pro players behind them. And they're overusing Faker in every worlds video basically.
> [{quoted}](name=Ðeviruchi,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=6AjWXOdE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-08T21:05:58.643+0000) > > The song itself and the art style are really good. > The thematic behind the video is repetitive. We only see Lissandra, Karma, and Irelia fighting over and over again with the same pro players behind them. And they're overusing Faker in every worlds video basically. To give credit where credit is due it was fitting for Faker to be in Rise and Ignite, but yes his addition here was overused.
: Oh my lord my Liss is in a cinematic! *gasm*
> [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rnMHr9GI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-08T20:43:03.819+0000) > > Oh my lord my Liss is in a cinematic! *gasm* Not only that but she is badass as well!! _me remembering Jax being dropped dead by Nocturne in the cinematic_ **sad Jax noises**
LAFFEN (EUW)
: YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE WORLDS SONG 2019?
Agreed. Some people are criticizing other people asking for the hype/ drops but imo it's a music video to a song that is meant to be THE song of the year. It bringing hype should be part of its core and the visuals should be second to that. Many including me are appreciative of what the visuals are bringing but if the song is lacking then it's failing in that regard making it just another cinematic, a good one mind you but not as good as a Worlds song should be.
Rioter Comments
CLG ear (NA)
: :^)
definitely no problems here, damage creep what now?
: Riot games turning into EA games
> [{quoted}](name=Queen of Angmar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cG7AnpnU,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-09-18T19:32:55.847+0000) > > Riot games turning into EA games bro you mentioned the same company twice i don't get it
: Hey, are we every going to get Black market Brawlers back?
unfortunately it was already addressed by riot that it won't in a previous Ask Riot or report.
Kat XD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=90zu7G7p,comment-id=000300010001,timestamp=2019-09-18T17:04:59.085+0000) > > Yes and no, looking at their design philosophy (or lack there of) and you'll see that they're taking "simplicity" to the extreme. Would not be surprised if they got fed up with the buggy client and everyone complaining that they just go for sth like this in the name of "a consistent theme" > > They're already removing the log in part of the league client all in favor of shortening the time it takes the player between double clicking that icon on the desktop to starting a game. > > ######and besides, all that was meant to be a joke playing off of how similar in nature the design the OG made and the direction Riot seem to be taking But it doesn't reduce login time when switching accounts, I used to just delete the last 3-6 characters of the account name and replace it with whatever other account suffix I wanted to log in on, now I have to type out the whole thing every time :( I download a LOT of hentai, imagine if I got a keylogger?
owning multiple accounts isn't sth Riot wants to encourage and thus i don't think making account switching easier is one of their priorities.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Pp9cBmyX,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T21:24:50.228+0000) > > Ok so this took longer than anticipated but i tend to enjoy this anyways > > First things first, you used the wrong logo in your examples. > For the sake of a fair comparison i used the same background/ official art for both logos > > Here's the new logo in the corner: > > https://i.imgur.com/ysZ2q2K.png > > Here's the new logo in the center: > > https://i.imgur.com/Xk7so18.png > > Here's the old transparent logo (the one i referenced) in the corner: > > https://i.imgur.com/8brAEfp.png > > Here's the old transparent logo in the center: > > https://i.imgur.com/gmO8Knj.png > > and here's one with a slight texture on the L in "Legends" and the word "of": > > https://i.imgur.com/WeeJMvJ.png > > and this not by all means perfect, but the silhouette is kept and the goals of transparency are achieved. Change the texture, the font, make the border slightly narrower but to ditch it completely for sth. that can be achieved with the old one feels like a waste imo. nah now the old logo is too busy despite the transparency. i know it's not "professional" quality but even picturing the pro-shine on it it still looks like a high school art project, not to be offensive, this is how my animation teachers talked to me. and the "of" from league of legends is sincerely lost with the old logo. it's a very undefined letter shape even in the larger format, and in hindsight even with the unique background on the logo itself in it's old iteration the "of" is lost in the smaller format. the new one just communicates everything more clearly. i wonder how many iterations they went through to reach it tbh, there must be at least 30 throwaway logos in the bin at rito hq. heck i'm sure, as you are, this was an internal discussion at rito at some point, here we are playing it out again for kicks. the new logo just makes a lot of considerations the old one doesn't. it has fantastic scalability, the old one doesn't. is the old one more stylistic? yes it most certainly is, at the cost of clarity, scalability and versatility. it's a neat logo but the new one just does it better, perhaps the new one won't be as animated as the last one when we see it in motion at the end of the animated shorts rito like to put out but how many people see that anyway? new logo is even much more valuable on the stills of runeterra that the rito artists produce. a less intrusive watermark if you will. also, just a note, the neutral colour of the new logo also adds to it being so usable. i can slap it on any splash art, at any size (i can probably even get a little stupid with this), and it will probably look like it belongs there. old logo has baggage from when character splashes were the in-game character models themselves, that's heavy baggage. it's delightfully charming the old logo, i can get the people who are upset about the sanitising of the logo with this new logo but honestly it's just an improvement all around in so many ways that only become evident upon analysis. like lol, i'm sure we are gonna look back at the old logo in some 3/4 years time and wonder how it passed QA testing, it'll be held up as another sign of rito's inherent incompetence relating to something or another, probably balance related tbh, from it's very inception. here's a neat one. take the marvel logo, it's very clean today, and has been cleaned up over the years. yes it's corporatisation to the maximum if you ever wanted to "see" it but the current marvel logo is all around cleaner and communicates the same concepts as whatever the previous logo's inferred. and rito james, just btw, they have a publishing partnership with marvel. we know they like comparing dicks over there with the big boys to see how they stack up, so obviously, upon seeing the printed logos next to each other on some lux/ashe comic in some office somewhere, someone with a lot of power and control said "make this logo presentable dammit" and so here we are. that was long i went on a tangent...i think. you're a star if you read to here. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
1st off i'm more than thankful for taking time and writing a thoughtful reply. As fun as it is i'm legit passionate about graphic design and different design choices/ philosophies naturally falls into that category. I thought for the most part about how the new logo lacks a distinguishable silhouette compared to the old one which is why i jumped on with the opinion that it's not a logo but instead "it's just a title with a fancy font". However while tinkering with it myself and after reading your comments regarding "scalability" i felt it first hand. However i can't shake the feeling that the old one could have been altered enough to find some sort of middleground between the two designs, things that in no way i can achieve by the limited tools i have at hand (paint 3d for the most part and a LOT of cutting and pasting xP) but for certain a huge company like Riot can achieve. Yes there's some bias on my part since the outline border in the League of legends logo is as important as the fist the the Riot Games logo, it's part of its identity and just not the same without it, at least for me. But at the same time there's a lot that happens in the background than no one but them knows about like the league on mobile leak, new fighting game in the works and who knows what else (let's hope for some good stuff on the anniversary) that would probably favor the new design over the old or any other iteration. Regardless, i want to thank you again for taking the time to both read and reply to this, it's nice to get a legit conversation instead of the usual "your opinion sux" kinda replies. Also about that last paragraph, despite how silly it sounds, it feels so plausible that i'm almost convinced that this is exactly how things played out which lead to this change xD Have a good one ^^
Sukishoo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=90zu7G7p,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-18T12:29:04.897+0000) > > you know what's scary, if you look at the new WIP launcher you start to believe that they used your concept as influence for real. > https://i.redd.it/zbx2br77bea31.png > > It's all blocky and hardcut with a bold font. Add the options League of legends, TFT and *"insert upcoming riot fighting game title here"* on top and you actually got your design. They only changed the launcher side of the client though, everything past that is the same as it currently is (I've used it on the PBE)
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=90zu7G7p,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2019-09-18T21:39:29.875+0000) > > They only changed the launcher side of the client though, everything past that is the same as it currently is (I've used it on the PBE) quoting the OG here > For now... > https://imgur.com/VJ9vDPz.png
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Pp9cBmyX,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T19:08:39.379+0000) > > I'll be honest with you the whole fanart concept and how it ties to the new logo never hit my mind, and i would find it as a definitive answer to why the new one is subjectively better if it wasn't for this: > https://www.wallpapermaiden.com/image/2018/09/11/league-of-legends-logo-24270.jpeg > > Ignoring the circle around it since it's not part of the logo, this version is clean, has a transparent background and yet keeps the old silhouette. I have yet to get an answer from someone that prefers the new logo for those exact reasons. I'm legit wondering how is the new one better than the one presented and what's difference between them? Does it matter art wise? but it's not transparent. the logo still has it's border. https://qutesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/League-of-Legends-banner-1080x675.jpg i can do whatever i want to this the old logo to change it's chroma but it will behave the same as it always has. it is in competition with whatever artwork it is behind. and i say artwork, not fanart, this is riot sanctioned art. https://dotesports-media.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/11093426/b1293ea8-a961-4f02-9fa5-4538a66e0334.jpg they have to decide with the old logo, does it go ahead of the artwork or does it go beside it. that decision is removed with the new logo, they only have to deal with placement for clarity of both art and logo. https://knowtechie.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/league-of-legends.jpg here it competes with the artwork. https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/slg-wordpress-images-prod/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/27153925/leage-of-legends.jpeg here it's shunted off to the side. the old logo doesn't give the art space to shine or has to sacrifice it's own luster to give the art the space it needs to shine. new logo doesn't have this issue, they made sure of that by putting it on lux's FACE of all things, and giving us our first take of it like that. it's a fabulous logo if they can do that, which the old logo didn't allow them to do because the characters shape language get's lost if it's behind the logo. i mean look, it makes advertising for rito so much easier. both the name and aesthetic can stick with people instead of one or the other.
Ok so this took longer than anticipated but i tend to enjoy this anyways First things first, you used the wrong logo in your examples. For the sake of a fair comparison i used the same background/ official art for both logos Here's the new logo in the corner: https://i.imgur.com/dcHBAWb.png Here's the new logo in the center: https://i.imgur.com/zYG1zTT.png Here's the old transparent logo (the one i referenced) in the corner: https://i.imgur.com/SQddG6o.png Here's the old transparent logo in the center: https://i.imgur.com/DKfhn6u.png and here's one with a slight texture on the L in "Legends" and the word "of": https://i.imgur.com/gMW2C1o.png and this not by all means perfect, but the silhouette is kept and the goals of transparency are achieved. Change the texture, the font, make the border slightly narrower but to ditch it completely for sth. that can be achieved with the old one feels like a waste imo. edt: ok i've tried reuploading every image but links are breaking randomly. Just klick on the broken file icon and it should show you the image normally
: the new logo is genius. sorry, i had to say it. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/sites/default/files/styles/scale_xlarge/public/upload/league-newlogo-banner.jpg?itok=oErYYqim just i mean they can put it OVER characters faces now, and it looks crisp. i mean there's not even a debate to be had imo, the people saying otherwise are part-time rito haters
I'll be honest with you the whole fanart concept and how it ties to the new logo never hit my mind, and i would find it as a definitive answer to why the new one is subjectively better if it wasn't for this: https://www.wallpapermaiden.com/image/2018/09/11/league-of-legends-logo-24270.jpeg Ignoring the circle around it since it's not part of the logo, this version is clean, has a transparent background and yet keeps the old silhouette. I have yet to get an answer from someone that prefers the new logo for those exact reasons. I'm legit wondering how is the new one better than the one presented and what's difference between them? Does it matter art wise?
: I know I'm not the only one who likes the new Logo.
bruh i'm against the new design and i still get downvoted. This community isn't against AN opinion, it's against ALL opinions xD
Moon Mom (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=90zu7G7p,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-18T12:29:04.897+0000) > > you know what's scary, if you look at the new WIP launcher you start to believe that they used your concept as influence for real. > https://i.redd.it/zbx2br77bea31.png > > It's all blocky and hardcut with a bold font. Add the options League of legends, TFT and *"insert upcoming riot fighting game title here"* on top and you actually got your design. You realize this is just for the launcher right?
> [{quoted}](name=Moon Mom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=90zu7G7p,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-09-18T16:46:35.711+0000) > > You realize this is just for the launcher right? Yes and no, looking at their design philosophy (or lack there of) and you'll see that they're taking "simplicity" to the extreme. Would not be surprised if they got fed up with the buggy client and everyone complaining that they just go for sth like this in the name of "a consistent theme" They're already removing the log in part of the league client all in favor of shortening the time it takes the player between double clicking that icon on the desktop to starting a game. ######and besides, all that was meant to be a joke playing off of how similar in nature the design the OG made and the direction Riot seem to be taking
Hayato500 (EUW)
: Can't wait for the next upgrade to the logo I'd assume it'll look something like this https://imgur.com/a/Sqe8Cpv We need it in Comic Sans
> [{quoted}](name=Hayato500,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=90zu7G7p,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-18T13:24:51.417+0000) > > Can't wait for the next upgrade to the logo > I'd assume it'll look something like this > https://imgur.com/a/Sqe8Cpv > > We need it in Comic Sans everyone is already having a bad time, no need to double down
: > Why i posted this is because in my last reddit post i questioned the ideology behind changing the League logo the way they did. The 1st comment i was met with was "i couldn't care less about logos" followed by a downvote. When i questioned his behavior (Comparing it to someone who hates art going into an art gallery just to say that he hates art) people started doubling down ignoring the conversation all together. > > I just don't get it. In that specific scenario, yeah, I'd say some backlash was to be expected. The response of "I don't care, it's just a logo." _is_ a legitimate one in this setting, even if you may dislike or disagree with it. It's similar to a poll where one of the options is "Doesn't matter" or "I don't mind either way." Responding to that person and saying they're essentially hating _just_ to hate isn't a good look, because that's not what they're doing. A surprising amount of people legitimately just don't care, I'm one of them. It's a logo, I see it for _maybe_ a grand total of 1-2 minutes per day, it does not effect me in the slightest. You can't say the logo is objectively bad because there is no objective answer.
>You can't say the logo is objectively bad because there is no objective answer Its clearly subjective for sure hence why i'm expecting people who are interested to join in on the conversation. An objective opinion on a subjective matter is what i'm questioning. If one does not care then why bother commenting and downvoting to begin with? One thing i disagree with you however. While objectively the logo has no relevance on the gameplay, to say that it can't have a good/ bad design philosophy because of it having no objective relevance is not right. There wouldn't be a whole business surrounding graphic designing and logo making if the former was true. I'm passionate about graphic design, when i saw the new logo i wanted to talk to someone wit similar interest in the environment of league but that's just not what i got. I didn't add an "i don't care/ mind" poll option is because it's not what the post is aiming for. If i typed "what do you think" in the title or somewhere in the post then " i don't care " wouldn't be that shocking of an answer to get, if anything it would be expected and strange not to get a few like these. But for a post aiming to discuss a specific opinion/ idea only for me to get a reply that has none is just... eyebrow raising.
: Well for starters, you should stop generalizing. Yes, there are shitty attitudes on Reddit and the official forums. Welcome to every video game community ever. That doesn't mean those places can't have valuable and objective discussion, you just have to know where to look and how to word your posts. Also, obligatory mention, just because someone says something you disagree with or don't like doesn't mean it's not good input. Not saying _you're_ doing this, it's just something I see a lot when it comes to things on the Boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotar”,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oj11i5GK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T14:57:41.219+0000) > > Well for starters, you should stop generalizing. Yes, there are shitty attitudes on Reddit and the official forums. Welcome to every video game community ever. > > That doesn't mean those places can't have valuable and objective discussion, you just have to know where to look and how to word your posts. > > Also, obligatory mention, just because someone says something you disagree with or don't like doesn't mean it's not good input. Not saying _you're_ doing this, it's just something I see a lot when it comes to things on the Boards. Oh don't get me wrong, i've been on the boards for years ignoring troll comments, rants and shitposts alike. It was only recently that i started to post on Reddit thinking it's way better because of how much praise it gets from Riot and is used as an excuse to not engage as much with us on the boards. To my surprise i was met with the same if not worse quality of responses there than what i usually get here. As for the obligatory mention, i haven't even gotten different opinions, only disinterest/ offensive replies for the most part. Why i posted this is because in my last reddit post i questioned the ideology behind changing the League logo the way they did. The 1st comment i was met with was "i couldn't care less about logos" followed by a downvote. When i questioned his behavior (Comparing it to someone who hates art going into an art gallery just to say that he hates art) people started doubling down ignoring the conversation all together. I just don't get it.
Rioter Comments
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=URIXvJiE,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-18T14:04:18.029+0000) > > Considering the teaser that went up some time ago with league being released on mobile and things start to to feel intentional. Like, expansion is good but don't forget your roots ya know? Exactly. And even if you are going mobile, that doesn't mean you have to make your logo fit the motif that is common there. Stand out as a better option, not the 1,000th version of candy crush.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=URIXvJiE,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T14:22:34.085+0000) > > Exactly. And even if you are going mobile, that doesn't mean you have to make your logo fit the motif that is common there. Stand out as a better option, not the 1,000th version of candy crush. my only guess is that he mobile game market is just that powerful
Jikker (NA)
: I'm not gonna change your mind...cause I agree. It just doesn't look as good at all and makes me think of some mobile game that's really a modified candy crush, not an actual massive online game (with one of if not the largest esports attached to it)
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=URIXvJiE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-18T13:55:49.697+0000) > > I'm not gonna change your mind...cause I agree. It just doesn't look as good at all and makes me think of some mobile game that's really a modified candy crush, not an actual massive online game (with one of if not the largest esports attached to it) Considering the teaser that went up some time ago with league being released on mobile and things start to to feel intentional. Like, expansion is good but don't forget your roots ya know?
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=90zu7G7p,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-18T12:29:04.897+0000) > > you know what's scary, if you look at the new WIP launcher you start to believe that they used your concept as influence for real. > https://i.redd.it/zbx2br77bea31.png > > It's all blocky and hardcut with a bold font. Add the options League of legends, TFT and *"insert upcoming riot fighting game title here"* on top and you actually got your design. I swear... https://i.imgur.com/KMx55G8.png[] #I WAS KIDDING
> [{quoted}](name=Yordletana,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=90zu7G7p,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-18T12:52:22.640+0000) > > I swear... > > https://i.imgur.com/KMx55G8.png[] > > #I WAS KIDDING You doomed us all xD
Rioter Comments
: Guys I WAS KIDDING when I made the trashy over-simplified logo
you know what's scary, if you look at the new WIP launcher you start to believe that they used your concept as influence for real. https://i.redd.it/zbx2br77bea31.png It's all blocky and hardcut with a bold font. Add the options League of legends, TFT and *"insert upcoming riot fighting game title here"* on top and you actually got your design.
: old logo is cluttered garbage. you change my mind.
> old logo is cluttered garbage. > you change my mind. bringing an opinion with no argument turns the conversation into a "he said, she said" situation which goes nowhere. However ignoring that i'll gladly give it a try. When you say cluttered i'm gonna assume you mean this logo: https://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/33/72/O5FWQk.png Which has gone through some changes to clean it up, before it looked like this: https://memegenerator.net/img/images/14721265.jpg Yes it looks cluttered yet there's a cleaner version that Riot has already used which is this: https://www.wallpapermaiden.com/image/2018/09/11/league-of-legends-logo-24270.jpeg One thing in common with all versions is the outline, a design which turns the title into a logo (except in the earliest of designs back when we still had "clash of fates" as part of the title: http://starkovtattoo.spb.ru/images/400/DSC100414369.jpg ). So recognizable in fact that they had a whole "it's on" campaign where with just the outline and the words "it's on" written inside. An outline so recognizable that it doesn't have to say league of legends anywhere on it and any gamer would still recognize that it involves league. That outline should have stayed in some shape or form. It's the same idea behind the new Riot logo, they ditched the crazy font and cleaned it up but kept the recognizable fist. Imagine that fist not existing in the new design and that's what league of legends is suffering from, it has no identity, no shape. It's literately just the words "League of Legends". Again, it doesn't have to be cluttered and messy, they changed it for a reason but they already had a much cleaner version. One that ditches the whole rocky texture yet keeps the outline. That's why they should have improved upon that, instead they removed it completely ripping the identity out of the logo.
Rioter Comments
: Bring back nexus blitz as a permanent gamemode
In SR since everything has gone to sht anyway.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-07T19:30:25.701+0000)...but with the limited amount of info we've got atm having 2 cc options is simply better than only 1 We have the same number -- the stun is moved to the ultimate (and could be recast instantly) and the knockback is moved to the E, vs the current stun on the Q and knockback on the ultimate. > Imo A-sol's pattern isn't pushing enemies to the outer limit as often and reliably as possible but keeping your distance and paying attention to your positioning throughout the game. Pushing people back should be a last resort in case they got too close. Yep! But moving the E in helps you to keep your distance and pay attention to your positioning, and gives you another tool to play the positioning game with. That was the intent, anyway. > With the new gameplay (the removal of his stun making his e the only cc available) The stun still exists on the ultimate, and can be triggered quickly if needed by double-tapping the ability. > i will miss making his q extend endlesslly ( which is unique in a sense that we don't have endlessly scaling cc's in the game, and the panic on the enemy players when being approached by a q 2 times the size of the lane is priceless xD) The old Q is attached to the ultimate now. You can still make that very deadly. :)
> We have the same number -- the stun is moved to the ultimate (and could be recast instantly) and the knockback is moved to the E, vs the current stun on the Q and knockback on the ultimate. I misread the ult and that's on me. Impact wise however it doesn't feel as impactful as it is now but i guess that comes down to visuals and total damage. > You can still make that very deadly. :) do you envision it scaling in size as well like it does now? Also regarding pushing his q to his ult one downside is that it's easy to see/ avoid it since it's obvious to the enemy that an ult is heading their way. This would be fixed if the ability was changed to: **First Cast**: Aurelion Sol shields himself and begins to fly in the target direction, ~~creating a brilliant star as he travels~~. The effect instantly stops if the shield is destroyed. **Second Cast**: _Aurelion Sol creates a brilliant star **in any direction **as he travels. Once the star exists Aurelion Sol's outer limit_ it deals magic damage and stunning enemies struck based on the total distance _the star has _ traveled. This simple change will give players the option to choose whether to power up the ult from the get go but risk being avoided or save it till last minute for strategy over damage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-07T17:44:48.587+0000)I'm not sure but less CC on a mage doesn't sound that good of a decision. It's more immediate and reliable CC that plays better into his passive (by allowing you to keep people off of you and in the Outer Limit range more), which feels like it is likely a worthwhile trade. It's not really a net decrease in crowd control. >...and this feels like a step backwards gameplay wise and not that worth it for the themes sake. May I ask what part feels like a step backwards? The changes here weren't made only for theme, but also to help Aurelion Sol's personal patterns (pushing people away and into your stars more often), your personal engagement (letting you create stars and utilize them in your trading / combat patterns), and your dependence on stars alone (by giving you more base damage that can be used against champions who may be a bit too mobile to do much to otherwise). I'd love to know which parts feel like steps *backwards* and why.
> It's more immediate and reliable CC that plays better into his passive (by allowing you to keep people off of you and in the Outer Limit range more), which feels like it is likely a worthwhile trade. It's not really a net decrease in crowd control. As i said it being more reliable comes down to how often one can use said ability (mana and coldownwise, it would be useess if it had an absurdly long cooldown or if it drained your mana so that oyu couldn't use your w for more than a sec before you were out of mana) but with the limited amount of info we've got atm having 2 cc options is simply better than only 1 > May I ask what part feels like a step backwards? The changes here weren't made only for theme, but also to help Aurelion Sol's personal patterns (pushing people away and into your stars more often) The term "a step backwards" depends on how you look at things. You said that: "The changes here weren't made only for theme, but also to help Aurelion Sol's personal patterns (pushing people away and into your stars more often)". If we apply that and accompanied it with the suggested changes then yes "as a step backwards" makes no sense since the changes do everything to strengthen him in that diection. However that's assuming we're looking at things with that pattern and image in mind, sth that i don't really agree with. Imo A-sol's pattern isn't pushing enemies to the outer limit as often and reliably as possible but keeping your distance and paying attention to your positioning throughout the game. Pushing people back should be a last resort in case they got too close. With such an identity the pushback cc tied to his ult makes sense since it's a way a game changer and has risk behind it. In a tough situation i could either use the ult to push the enemy away but loose on a big damage output or stun and make use of the situation to make use of the damage behind the ult for later in the fight. With the new gameplay (the removal of his stun making his e the only cc available) his identity gameplay wise isn't strengthened as much as it has been altered so much so that it sounds completely different. This is on paper at least and "feel" can't be established until one actually tries the concept out. To be fair you mentioned that one of the goals in mind is to give him more to do and make him feel more like a star forging dragon than a booper but if this is to go live i will miss making his q extend endlesslly ( which is unique in a sense that we don't have endlessly scaling cc's in the game, and the panic on the enemy players when being approached by a q 2 times the size of the lane is priceless xD)
: [Gameplay Update] Aurelion Sol, The Star Forger
So the CC from his q was replaced with damage to fit the fantasy and you switched his E and R? I'm not sure but less CC on a mage doesn't sound that good of a decision. Him being able to instantly trigger his q on cast was a good decision imo and this feels like a step backwards gameplay wise and not that worth it for the themes' sake. Yes maybe his pushback being on his E instead of R means it comes on more frequently but it will come down to mana costs and cooldown.
: I like the theory, but it's flawed
The biggest reason the whole thing is flawed is because they took other players out of the equation and put you as the player as the only variable, even the quiz doesn't take anything other than you into account. They act like the effect of people who int/ troll on purpose are supposed to be negligible when that couldn't be further from the truth. One inter is all it takes to drag the whole team down and it's the game design who's at fault and whether one is tilted or not doesn't matter by then. An example would be a question along the lines of: "Do you have to win every time to enjoy the game?" The direct answer is no/ strongly disagree, but get an inter in 7/10 of said games and it's a different story which Riot doesn't take into account whatsoever.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: >speaking of sales, why do you think they changed their practices when it came to new skins on sale from "at launch for a limited time" to "after a few months of its release"? It's simple really, the latter brings in more money. If this works both for the player and the company (the player gets more half off skins while the company gets increased sales), this is a win-win situation for both. Unless you're telling me the company selling the product is not allowed to make a profit while you are entitled to get more bang for your buck. The way Riot makes up for the frequent 50% off deals is that they pump out more skins, especially for the champs that have a high play rate because they sell a lot more. Again, it's a win-win situation for both parties. >I have in the many years of me playing this game only spent about 100$ on it thanks to the system (that's hextech, personal shops and full skins sales or not) but that's just me, many many others have spent 1000$ and upwards in a year easy. And for those people who spent $1000s of on League, that was their decision as they surely didn't spend it on Hextech chests alone. That would take days just to get to that amount thanks to the bulk buying safeguards that already exist so if the player still manages to spend that much on Chests, it was surely a decision they've made of a sound mind, not on impulse. And if they spent in on direct skins purchases, that's again their decision. Riot's not milking any money from anyone. >the hextech inspired eggs in TFT has all these practices written all over). I don't play TFT and this doesn't concern me one bit. The system is yet again only cosmetic as no gameplay features are hidden behind the paywall. It works on the same principle as regular Chests as the loot is random. The only difference here is that they didn't first offer T1 Little Legends as a direct purchase and they can get upgraded to T3, which means that to get more copies, you have to roll the dice. But rolling the dice is the part of the deal for Chests in general. >Yes a lot are patient enough to just wait it out with the mentality of "that last key shard will come eventually" but others get tempted and that one key, one chest or the accumulating of one without the other serves as an itch they feel the need to scratch. An itch only gone by buying that one chest, that one key... etc. (and i haven't even mentioned the idea behind feeling the rush of the randomness of it all " only one box could turn out to be the lucky one") That sounds like a problem that the individual player has to fix for themselves, not the company whose game they're playing. I'm not denying that the whole science exists behind addictive behavior in people and how companies invest a lot of money in trying to make systems that exploit it for bigger profits. But pretending like addiction is also not a responsibility of the individual is like telling me that drug addicts are not at fault for being addicts but it's entirely the fault of the drug dealers and drug makers. This is a two-way street. Riot's not made Hextech Crafting into a "must" system. Which means that for the people who have issues with compulsive behavior, should take responsibility for their actions as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8fAnvyrh,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T19:35:58.395+0000) > > If this works both for the player and the company (the player gets more half off skins while the company gets increased sales), this is a win-win situation for both. Unless you're telling me the company selling the product is not allowed to make a profit while you are entitled to get more bang for your buck. > > The way Riot makes up for the frequent 50% off deals is that they pump out more skins, especially for the champs that have a high play rate because they sell a lot more. Again, it's a win-win situation for both parties. > > And for those people who spent $1000s of on League, that was their decision as they surely didn't spend it on Hextech chests alone. That would take days just to get to that amount thanks to the bulk buying safeguards that already exist so if the player still manages to spend that much on Chests, it was surely a decision they've made of a sound mind, not on impulse. And if they spent in on direct skins purchases, that's again their decision. Riot's not milking any money from anyone. > > I don't play TFT and this doesn't concern me one bit. > The system is yet again only cosmetic as no gameplay features are hidden behind the paywall. It works on the same principle as regular Chests as the loot is random. The only difference here is that they didn't first offer T1 Little Legends as a direct purchase and they can get upgraded to T3, which means that to get more copies, you have to roll the dice. But rolling the dice is the part of the deal for Chests in general. > > That sounds like a problem that the individual player has to fix for themselves, not the company whose game they're playing. > > I'm not denying that the whole science exists behind addictive behavior in people and how companies invest a lot of money in trying to make systems that exploit it for bigger profits. But pretending like addiction is also not a responsibility of the individual is like telling me that drug addicts are not at fault for being addicts but it's entirely the fault of the drug dealers and drug makers. > > This is a two-way street. > Riot's not made Hextech Crafting into a "must" system. Which means that for the people who have issues with compulsive behavior, should take responsibility for their actions as well. Ok at this point you're being stubborn just for the sake of being stubborn and bringing no actual argument. > Unless you're telling me the company selling the product is not allowed to make a profit while you are entitled to get more bang for your buck No one in this whole discussion was arguing against them making profit, it's a free-to-play game after all. What we're discussing is whether their practices has been getting more greedy in the past years. Another example on top of the ones already mentioned? They released the system where you earned tokens through regular play for those who bough the battle pass. those who didn't? On they got a full cutout section specifically to show how much tokens you "gathered" and would get if you bought the pass with no way to remove it (again for the sake of temptation). It wouldn't have been that bad if the button wasn't named "Claim your tokens" purposely misleading players that they already own them. Once pressed it takes them to the shop where they can buy the battle pass. You can't dismiss that it wasn't intentional and deceiving aiming for tempt players to buy the pass. Eventually complains from the community lead to Riot making the button more clear while keeping the section. Another example is the Eternals announcement? Purchasable achievements? Sth that is offered for free buy ever other company out there including Riot back before the updated client? How can you deny them being greedy with sth like that? > I don't play TFT and this doesn't concern me one bit. So since it doesn't concern you you decided to dismiss it? What kind of argument is that? > I'm not denying that the whole science exists behind addictive behavior in people and how companies invest a lot of money in trying to make systems that exploit it for bigger profits. But pretending like addiction is also not a responsibility of the individual is like telling me that drug addicts are not at fault for being addicts but it's entirely the fault of the drug dealers and drug makers. The way you are wording it makes it seem so normalized which it isn't. Putting systems into place is ok, its the player who decided to play in the end. However exploiting the psychology while simultaneously offering less and less each year is what's wrong here. As you said sales have existed far longer than hextech. However since then the company have grown more and more and are asking for more despite offering less each year. No one had problems with battle passes at events because they offered said events and put actual work onto it. So what's the point of passes now? Their token grind temptation devices without offering anything special (not even a game mode) in said "event". Their output of products and its quality contradicts what they're asking for and that's what people are outraged about. Again they're free to make profit, but them getting greedier each year and simultaneously exploiting different tactics both game play tied and psychological to buffs their earnings while offering less is a fact no one can deny no matter how hard you try to normalize it. But i guess you see past that since anything beyond your interest doesn't concern you and thus doesn't apply apparently.
: Free game doesn't mean it's free from criticism.
> [{quoted}](name=Feed Then Proxy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AhMgo98E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-30T22:01:37.383+0000) > > Free game doesn't mean it's free from criticism. ^ this
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: >(chests having keys that drop by random chance is a giveaway, "You ishould be thankful they 're giving chests skins for free" yeah no, one would be blind if they thought the hextech system wasn't put in place to draw in more profit hint hint the increase of OE prices justified by converting to BE) You can turn around and leave with this kind of an argument. League has always had its own store that sells vast majority of skins and for years, there have been weekly and constant discounts on a number of skins that rotate. It has always remained the cheapest and best way to get skins and Riot's not forcing Hextech Chests down your throat whatsoever. Hextech Chests are in no way baked into the core progression of the game, you get awarded with Chests and keys by playing the game and performing well on champions. So what you're getting out of chests "for free" is not actually costing you anything, given you're already spending time and effort in playing the game and now you're also being rewarded for your spent time - you don't even have to go out of your way to earn them. You don't have to pretend you like this system. But pretending as if every Lootbox implementation is "EA level", is disingenuous and misleading. Pretending as you're doing someone a favor by projecting your own dislikes and saying things that aren't true for the shock value makes you no better than the people who shove these boxes down the players' throats and force them to pay for them. In the current system, Hextech Chests don't have any gameplay impact, are not being a forced purchase and is a background system that rewards players for their time spent in the game. Especially with the massive purchase safeguards already in place and as long as Riot doesn't violate these core principles, i see no problem with a system like this being in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8fAnvyrh,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-30T13:57:10.306+0000) > > You can turn around and leave with this kind of an argument. > League has always had its own store that sells vast majority of skins and for years, there have been weekly and constant discounts on a number of skins that rotate. It has always remained the cheapest and best way to get skins and Riot's not forcing Hextech Chests down your throat whatsoever. > > Hextech Chests are in no way baked into the core progression of the game, you get awarded with Chests and keys by playing the game and performing well on champions. So what you're getting out of chests "for free" is not actually costing you anything, given you're already spending time and effort in playing the game and now you're also being rewarded for your spent time - you don't even have to go out of your way to earn them. > > You don't have to pretend you like this system. > But pretending as if every Lootbox implementation is "EA level", is disingenuous and misleading. Pretending as you're doing someone a favor by projecting your own dislikes and saying things that aren't true for the shock value makes you no better than the people who shove these boxes down the players' throats and force them to pay for them. > > In the current system, Hextech Chests don't have any gameplay impact, are not being a forced purchase and is a background system that rewards players for their time spent in the game. Especially with the massive purchase safeguards already in place and as long as Riot doesn't violate these core principles, i see no problem with a system like this being in the game. No one is arguing about the game being pay to win or not because it isn't. And sales have been in place long before, again not arguing about that either however you're glossing over the core of why the hextech and sales for that matter even exist which is _Temptation_. This is no "tinfoil" hat theory or anything because it's common knowledge at this point. You shouldn't be surprised by what i said just like you wouldn't be when i tell you that the SALE signs are mostly red in stores to draw attention, the "up to" being smaller than the BIG 50% said sign or that the reason snacks in grocery stores ar put at the end of the store and on both sides of the cashier aisles just as you're about to leave the store is to tempt people to spend that extra buck that the customer otherwise wouldn't have spend. Sales bring people, make them purchase things they wanted for less which is what many do. What it also does is tempt people who were on the fence about sth, saw the sale and went for it. It also tempts people who were't even that interested in a skin to begin with only to see the sale and go "sure why not it's on discount" (personal shops _wink_ _wink_) The same goes for hextech. While the whole system is made with multiple goals in mind no doubt, some of which are actually beneficial for the health of the player base (e.g. keys being tied to behavior in the honor system) but to say that it ONLY has that goal in mind would be delusional. Someone who had no interest into the hextech system and preferred to buy his skins full price will be tempted with "that one chest that he earned through his hard work" or "i earned all these chests by being skilled but getting keys is random and takes to long, buying a few keys shouldn't be a problem" Yes a lot are patient enough to just wait it out with the mentality of "that last key shard will come eventually" but others get tempted and that one key, one chest or the accumulating of one without the other serves as an itch they feel the need to scratch. An itch only gone by buying that one chest, that one key... etc. (and i haven't even mentioned the idea behind feeling the rush of the randomness of it all " only one box could turn out to be the lucky one") Also who ever said anything about me disliking the system? I love that it exists. Me pulling the curtain and showing things on how they actually are does not reflect whether i am appreciative of free stuff or not. I got all the skins i wanted or ever wanted thanks to it. I have in the many years of me playing this game only spent about 100$ on it thanks to the system (that's hextech, personal shops and full skins sales or not) but that's just me, many _many_ others have spent 1000$ and upwards in a year easy. I'm happy it exists is a fact. The system being put together with many practices in mind put into place to in a way to benefit the company and said system becoming greedier by the season is also a fact (the hextech inspired eggs in TFT has all these practices written all over). Not believing an idea/ concept is one thing, but to put a blindfold on when faced with facts and telling everyone that they're unreasonable/ delusional is another. Edit: speaking of sales, why do you think they changed their practices when it came to new skins on sale from "at launch for a limited time" to "after a few months of its release"? It's simple really, the latter brings in more money. People who want the skin on release will have to pay full price, people who don't have the money, van save up to the discount. It also shins light on a skin that's several months old by being on discount. Temptation is the name of the game my friend.
: Pause the Game if there is a AFK
You mentioned bad connection but what about power outage, sth that's totally unpredictable and punishing someone by extreme measures because of sth out of their control would be unfair. Not defending AFKers buy any means but i wouldn't want to punish the innocent as well.
Kaminaga (NA)
: New Game Mode Proposal: 1v1 or 2v2 where individuals control multiple champions
Bro they are about to kill of an existing gamemode, what makes you think that they'll bring back one that has been for years? I somewhat lost all hope in Riot's decisions when it comes to doing sth. just for the sake of it being fun. Nowadays everything has to be EXTREMELY profitable yet done unid the most minimal of effort to increase profit, either that or forget it. A 1v1/ 2v2 mode would set off the balance of the playerbase and Riot would never do anything that would affect their SR queue time no matter what.
: So Zac's [New] Old Ult kinda kills his kit
Riot: But what about the DAMAGE!!! That's _ExCiTiNg_ **RIGHT**!!!!!!!
: Star Guardian Little Legends are coming
YAYYYYY Star Guardian themed little legends in an eventless "event". Who needs game modes when you can have THIS!!!!
: > [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8fAnvyrh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-29T01:39:38.649+0000) > > They're simply cutting corners > so much so that they are removing the login screen altogether and using it as an excuse or sth (we all know that making people get into games faster isn't their only reason behind it it's pretty obvious). Just imagine how much effort/ money the saved by not making those and instead used it on sth like TFT that brings in loads of cash ny their gambling little legends system, or the Eternals purchasable achievements jstifying it with a little sparkle ontop of an already existing system. > > I loved the game for it's characters and art. When they made stupid sht like releasing ridiculous things like EXTREMELY overpriced skins looking like they were dipped in yellow paint (Fizz's has by far the only "prestige" skin worth bying, it's a prestige skin done right) i used to justify it by all the other things they are producing thinning that "well at least we're getting all this amazing stuff in return for the somewhat greediness > > (chests having keys that drop by random chance is a giveaway, "You ishould be thankful they 're giving chests skins for free" yeah no, one would be blind if they thought the hextech system wasn't put in place to draw in more profit hint hint the increase of OE prices justified by converting to BE) > > Now? They're cutting every corner they get and i'm hating where this company have headed now more than ever. Honestly agreed with everything you said except that fizz has the best prestige skin, fizz has the worst prestige skin IMO .
> [{quoted}](name=AngelFrost00,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8fAnvyrh,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-29T14:09:02.292+0000) > > Honestly agreed with everything you said except that fizz has the best prestige skin, fizz has the worst prestige skin IMO . We have different tastes there's no hard feelings in any way. I don't even like fizz that much, however what the prestige fizz skin provided in terms of quality and effort was ike another experience on top of the og skin. Compare the amount of effort put into it compared to prestige bloodmoon Aatrox or even the latest SG Neeko. Fizz's had additions to his model (the crown) and abilities (q) and vfx (totally different ult). Not trying to discuss whether the skin/ concept itself is pretty, but the effort that was put into making it actually feel worth the grind should be the standard when it comes to the prestige skin line imo, compared to a splash of gold that might not even fit the skin on the other players. Doesn't even have to be Fizz, the 1st prestige skin had a concept that made sense, was good on akali but went downhill from there (queue piss yellow K/DA Ahri tails flashback).
: Fewer??! More like none fuck riot they have effectively removed events
Are the existing ones pathetic, a disgrace and a shame? Yes. Are they doing the bare minimum to technically be able to call it an event? Also yes But people still pay and play. Prestige skins were Riots golden ticket out of putting any real effort into it while still makinv a profit, both figuratively and literarely. But yeah long gone are the frequent quality gamemodes, and now with TFT i doubt we'll see anything come close to Oddyssey and Invasion.
Show more

Zee Zone

Level 13 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion