: Riot Doing Only 2 VGU in 2020 and 5-6 new champions in 6 months again. It's a problem.
This is basically why I uninstalled LOL a long time ago and haven't played since. I'm pretty sure the balance is a clusterfuck right now and they only care about making new champions and making skins for popular champions. If there really are champions that Riot doesn't think is worth working on, like Skarner, then I say just delete the poor scorpion from the game and make room for another kawaii anime edgelord champion I also think another factor is that Riot is wholly owned by Tencent, so they will concentrate on champions that will appeal to the chinese players, in order to rake in that sweet RMB
: Thank you Riot, you are great but you are missing important objects in game...
Well, when even other players don't give a shit about Skarner, there ain't much hope. Business logic. If Skarner has such few fans and mains, there's really no incentive for Riot to do anything other than let him rot
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 4
Wow, surprised to see Skarner mentioned for once
: How about just deleting Skarner from the game?
In some distant alternate reality future if Skarner gets fixed, I will re-install LOL in a heartbeat
: SHACO IS GETTING REVERTED, TIME TO HELP OUR SKARNER BROTHERS
: Are there even any skarner mains left?
We Skarner mains are like the Brackern. We're becoming fewer and fewer, and the ones that are still there, are in deep hibernation
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Actually just recently I was playing the new Aatrox and, because Zed's burst had me tilting on the inside, I decided to cynically humor the situation by building full armor tank and proving a point to myself. I had 3000HP and 300 armor. Including the amount of time it took him to animate his entire ultimate, it took him 4 seconds to kill me. I'd much rather just show you a gif of the replay because it's probably still within my last 20 games, but by pure annoying coincidence the League client is currently unable to bring up replays. I'll get it to you as soon as they fix that though. EDIT: Oh but if anyone else's League client is functioning, it's the game where I went 6/16/6 yet still won because for some reason nobody but Zed wanted to stop my splitpushing. My items were {{item:3047}} {{item:3075}} {{item:3068}} {{item:3026}} {{item:3812}} for burst survival and then just a random {{item:3057}} I was gonna build into Gauntlet. EDIT2: In case it wasn't obvious, Zed built {{item:3147}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3158}} and {{item:3026}} My problem with Zed is that no matter how much you try to counterbuild him, he just ignores obscenely unrealistic levels of armor and nukes you anyway. As far as I can tell, he's always done this. I remember many years ago the same thing happened when I was Nasus with even more HP and armor. Considering a build like this will tear through squishies even easier, there's no reason for Zed not to default to this build. It's just the best build.
Your build wasn't very good against zed honestly. A thornmail against Zed is useless. You should've built Deadman and Sterak instead
: Why do I feel like champions popularity affects balance ?
{{champion:72}} {{item:3070}} {{item:3070}}
: > [{quoted}](name=abdollah56273,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KKgbN90T,comment-id=00030001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-26T21:57:32.917+0000) > > Well, you're pulling strawmen connections here now. While Aatrox may not think of himself as necessarily evil, he doesn't have any illusions that he is fighting for some greater good > > Sargeras thinks he is doing something good for the universe. Nowhere does Aatrox claim he is fighting to save the universe. Yeah, well, I guess you're right in the end. I just still don't believe Targon is supposed to be Sargeras.
I agree with you on that. I guess Targon wouldn't go as far as Sargeras would go to save the universe. But they're still intergalactic cosmic assholes
: > [{quoted}](name=abdollah56273,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KKgbN90T,comment-id=000300010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-26T20:59:53.586+0000) > > Aatrox's goals and motivations are stated clearly in his bio on the universe page. Nowhere does it say that he is currently fighting to save the world. > > As twisted and evil as Sargeras is, he thinks he is fighting for the greater good I never said he was fighting to save the world. I don't know where you got that from. I was just saying that Aatrox doesn't necessarily see what he is doing as evil.
Well, you're pulling strawmen connections here now. While Aatrox may not think of himself as necessarily evil, he doesn't have any illusions that he is fighting for some greater good Sargeras thinks he is doing something good for the universe. Nowhere does Aatrox claim he is fighting to save the universe.
: > [{quoted}](name=abdollah56273,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KKgbN90T,comment-id=0003000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-26T19:26:50.881+0000) > > Well, according to the latest retcon (if I'm not mistaken), Sargeras was once a noble titan that defended the universe. But he found out about the Void (quite similar to LOL's void. Coincidence? Dunno which came first). He then stumbled upon a nascent world soul infected with void energy, apparently one of the Old Gods. He killed the world soul. Then he decided that he'd rather destroy the universe than let it fall to the Voidlords. I was aware of this. I thought I made it clear enough in my response to your comment. > So Sargeras goal is basically to save the universe from the Voidlords by any means neccessary. He feels it's better to have non-existence than to let the Voidlords take over the universe, even if that means annihilating the universe. And Targon doesn't believe in this. Targon still wants the universe to be there, whereas Sargeras doesn't. > So while Aatrox and Sargeras have both become demonic beings, Sargeras, as twisted and deranged as he has become, still thinks he's fighting for the greater good. Aatrox just wants to take revenge and end his own torment. I don't think Aatrox cares about defending the world against the void anymore. I don't think Aatrox is purely in it for revenge. Aatrox does find his cause righteous. I base this off of a few of his quotes: "They think me defeated, enchained. But I am unbound... Noble is this carnage." "I brought you the one true gift, I brought you... death!" ****Noble is this carnage**** ****I brought you the one true gift**** It would be odd that Aatrox would refer to himself as this if he was only in it for revenge. Besides, if revenge is the only thing he seeks, why does he want ****EVERYONE**** to die? Why not just Targon?
> Raging against this injustice, he arrived at a solution that could only be born of a prisoner’s desperation. If he could not destroy the blade or free himself, then he would embrace oblivion instead. > > Now, Aatrox marches toward this merciless goal, bringing war and death wherever he goes. He clings to a blind hope: if he can drive all of creation into a final, apocalyptic battle—where everything, everything else is destroyed—then maybe he and the blade will also cease to exist. Aatrox's goals and motivations are stated clearly in his bio on the universe page. Nowhere does it say that he is currently fighting to save the world. As twisted and evil as Sargeras is, he thinks he is fighting for the greater good
: > [{quoted}](name=abdollah56273,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KKgbN90T,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-06-26T18:47:37.817+0000) > > So they are basically multiple Sargeras > > Well, the Burning Legion couldn't take Azeroth. Maybe they'll have a chance with Runeterra Targon might be Sargeras pre-Burning Legion but post... I don't know. Sargeras does seek to protect the universe... But, like, he perceives the entire universe itself as an enemy and actively tries to destroy it himself, kinda ruining his whole point of defending it to begin with. I don't think Targon actively wants to destroy the universe in their quest to destroy the Void, I just think they're willing to make sacrifices. I actually think Aatrox is the Sargeras of League of Legends. 1. Big demon dude with a sword. 2. Stood against the Void 3. Once good, now evil 4. Now seeks to end all life in the universe.
Well, according to the latest retcon (if I'm not mistaken), Sargeras was once a noble titan that defended the universe. But he found out about the Void (quite similar to LOL's void. Coincidence? Dunno which came first). He then stumbled upon a nascent world soul infected with void energy, apparently one of the Old Gods. He killed the world soul. Then he decided that he'd rather destroy the universe than let it fall to the Voidlords. So Sargeras goal is basically to save the universe from the Voidlords by any means neccessary. He feels it's better to have non-existence than to let the Voidlords take over the universe, even if that means annihilating the universe. So while Aatrox and Sargeras have both become demonic beings, Sargeras, as twisted and deranged as he has become, still thinks he's fighting for the greater good. Aatrox just wants to take revenge and end his own torment. I don't think Aatrox cares about defending the world against the void anymore.
: Targon isn't necessarily evil. You say the best word to describe Targon is "betrayal". Personally, I think the best way to describe Targon is with a sentence, rather than a word: "The end justifies the means" Targon will go to any length to destroy the Void. They don't care if Runeterra is destroyed. They don't care if a billion worlds are destroyed. As long as the Void goes with them. Their actions might not be considered "good". But their cause is noble, and you can't deny that.
So they are basically multiple Sargeras Well, the Burning Legion couldn't take Azeroth. Maybe they'll have a chance with Runeterra
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=abdollah56273,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FwZJzflQ,comment-id=0045,timestamp=2018-06-24T16:12:23.525+0000) > > The only thing that will make me come back to LOL is either a Skarner rework or revert. Which is to say, probably not in the next 3 years or so. Maybe even longer. I might also come back if LOL isn't as snowbally as it is right now. But apparently Riot is too busy making new skins for Jhin and reworking Ryze for the 100th time. That being said, I love the character designs of Riot's VGUs. Whenever I surf the web, I always play up some of Urgot's and Aatrox VGU voicelines. So on the art and theme, I still think LOL is top-notch. Sadly the same can't be said for the gameplay and Riot's priorities. > > But is it really necessary to delete or lock your account? I simply just don't log in and play. Perhaps I just cling to a sliver of hope that LOL will one day be a better game. > > I'm not in a rush though. If you still wanna play MOBAs, I highly recommend Heroes of the Storm. It's better than LOL in almost every way. And it has Kel-frickin-'Thuzad in the game. > > Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad! Sgt Hammer is my most played. Sit in a lane, push and soak, get that level advantage. Love her. :D
> [{quoted}](name=Strawberrycocoa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FwZJzflQ,comment-id=00450000,timestamp=2018-06-25T03:11:07.659+0000) > > Sgt Hammer is my most played. Sit in a lane, push and soak, get that level advantage. Love her. :D Yeah, protect-the-hammer comps are some of the most obnoxious things I've played against. On the flipside, playing against Hammer lets me stack my quest quickly And yet, it still doesn't feel as frustrating as LOL's one-shot fiestas
Rioter Comments
: I've put in a request for Riot to delete my account. Just wanted to say goodbye.
The only thing that will make me come back to LOL is either a Skarner rework or revert. Which is to say, probably not in the next 3 years or so. Maybe even longer. I might also come back if LOL isn't as snowbally as it is right now. But apparently Riot is too busy making new skins for Jhin and reworking Ryze for the 100th time. That being said, I love the character designs of Riot's VGUs. Whenever I surf the web, I always play up some of Urgot's and Aatrox VGU voicelines. So on the art and theme, I still think LOL is top-notch. Sadly the same can't be said for the gameplay and Riot's priorities. But is it really necessary to delete or lock your account? I simply just don't log in and play. Perhaps I just cling to a sliver of hope that LOL will one day be a better game. I'm not in a rush though. If you still wanna play MOBAs, I highly recommend Heroes of the Storm. It's better than LOL in almost every way. And it has Kel-frickin-'Thuzad in the game. Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
Rioter Comments
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yousosmart,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=59F9srlK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-06-17T05:32:05.640+0000) > > Here's another question to ask yourself: How would you enjoy playing AGAINST Cho'Gall? Would he introduce some totally new gameplay, meta, etc? Honestly? I'd love to play against a cho'gall cause thats one less champ on the map. HOTS maps are usually smaller (2 lanes rather than 3) and size wise smaller as well. On summoners rift the reduction of an extra champ on the rift would make my life as the opponent so much easier. Split push comps (jax, trundle, etc) would be insta wins against any team with a Cho'gall. However, thats really not that fair so take that opinion with a grain of salt x)
Depends. Some maps are very large like Blackheart Bay and Warhead Junction. In those kind of maps, Cho'Gall is pretty weak. But in smaller maps like Towers of Doom and Tomb of the Spider Queen, a competent Cho'Gall can single-handedly wreck the enemy team
UKP LK (NA)
: Ppl quitting league ? Is it just me ???
Yeah I've also quit, more or less. Too much snowballing, mobility and burst. If you're a Jhin main, this game is great for you. You'll get 3 skins per year, and you will always be viable in the meta. Thing is, Riot caters to the mains of edge-lord champions. That's why they never nerf or rework Yasuo. That's why Jhin gets 3 skins per year. Because the majority of Riot's playerbase are weaboos who will buy a new Ahri skin in an instant. So yeah, it's just too much snowballing. Either you stomp or you get stomped. No comeback mechanics. The last drop for me was the jungle changes. The game changes too much and too frequently for me to keep up. Another problem with the game was all those class reworks they made back in the day. Malzahar used to be my go-to mid whenever I ended up in mid. I've only played him 3 times since the rework. They've ruined many champs with those class reworks These days I play Heroes of the Storm. It's better than LOL in almost every way. The dev team pays attention to community feedback. And while it has it's balance problem, the basics are intact. Tanks in HOTS at least doesn't get melted in 0.5 seconds like in LOL. And contrary to the prejudice that it's casual, it's a pretty deep game once you get familiar with it. At this point, the only thing that would make me come back is a Skarner VGU, or if they get rid of his passive, Until then, I'll be playing and spending my money on HOTS
Vanjie (NA)
: What Happened To League of Legends? Video
Yep, if you're a Yasuo, Jhin, or Ahri main, you're in for a good time. You'll get skins, lore and the wholehearted attention of Riot. If you're a main of some other unpopular champions, then tough luck. You'll just have to see your champ rot Skarner is now nothing more than a tank ult-bot. A mere shell of his former days when he was truly a fighter that liked to get into the fray
: what if i told you that in 13 months time, Skarner would make history, the first ever champion on league of legends to be completely removed from league of legends entirely. i am from the future. i have come to warn all skarner mains of the impending doom. it so happens that the death of skarner led to outcries in the community they were unhappy at the deletion of a champion that some held close to their heart and in time the protests eventually brought about the end of Riot Games. Which in turn unleashed untold amounts of anger upon the world, Bringing about the next world war, Ending the world itself......A mistake they could never make right. I have come to warn you, You have the power to join the resistance against tyranny before it is too late. Fight my friend. Fight for the legends on the rift. Fight for honor. Fight for mankind. You have been warned. i must go now, my time in this timeline is running short. You are our last hope. Believe in yourself.
Wouldn't surprise me if they deleted Skarner. Skarner is like the red-headed stepchild whose existence Riot doesn't even wanna acknowledge
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 8
And yet, no work on Skarner...
: I'd prefer it if Skarner was reworked as a void creature rather than as the last of some weird-ass race of intelligent scorpion beings.
Funny, when I first started playing LOL, I actually thought Skarner was a void creature due to his color schemes
Rioter Comments
Cloud273 (NA)
: Skarner should be nerfed
What Skarner needs is a mini-rework, and a new passive, unless he is next up for a VGU after Nunu, which is highly unlikely
: > [{quoted}](name=An Enemy Sutando,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AXxPEAIe,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-05-19T23:01:25.139+0000) > > The starting point would be the Juggernaut update, so we might be able to pinpoint the exact date where League started going downhill. the juggernaut update affected 4 champions that were complete trash at the time and needed changes and actually deserved buffs back then. there was initial chaos due to some of them being overtuned, but they managed to iron the balance issues out by the end of season 5. that was the time when everything felt the most balanced, the game has ever been. imo the juggernaut update was still fine since it was small scope enough. the marksmen and mage updates were when things really got fucked up. not only did the marksmen update buff the entire class just like juggernauts, with the difference that marksmen were already strong to begin with, but the mage update followed before they sorted out side issues of the previous updates. there were also a bunch of global game mechanics changes with the start of season 6 and 7 that were just completely messed up.
Not really. The old Skarner was much more fun and intuitive to play. This new one, regardless of how much of a Skarner main I am, his spire passive is horrible
: Long list of reasons why Riot's team does a bad job (personal opinion)
Add to the fact that Riot is selective with which champion gets attention. While Ahri gets a bunch of skins every year, and Riot reworks Ryze a bunch of times, other champions are just left to rot with no skins or reworks.
Rioter Comments
: I feel so helpless in my ranked games
That's why I play Hearthstone these days
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 9
Any news about Skarner?
: Can you tell me how to get out of silver?
Your best bet is to play low-elo pubstompers such as Yi, Trynda and Warwick. Or get a reliable duo partner I'm Gold in China, and even I have a hard time getting out of Silver in EUW
Rioter Comments
: Responding to different sections in line: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=MQob4lFt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-27T20:15:43.571+0000) > ugh I really don't like that change at all... Sorry about that. It's a bit expected that the change is contentious and won't fit all jungle playstyles. The aim of making junglers interact with each other has been debated at great length. On the one hand, not all of the JvJ interactions feel particularly rich (you get to that below in more length). On the other, encouraging more PvP and success based on how you play around other champions seems like a big win to me. Right now that PvP primarily comes at the cost of heavily modifying the lane phase of one or a few laners. The hope here is that the JvJ interaction has some nuance and tension that is closer to the champ v. champ interactions in lane than it is to a PvE experience. And at the same time, laners get to have more meaningful match-ups against each other because the path to success of 'camp one lane' isn't always optimal. > Its going to feel super snowbally/coinflippy with that scuttle crab, meaning you can't plan ahead on what pathing you'll take because you may or may not be getting scuttle level 2. Not to mention first to get scuttle (which again, is going to depend on which camp start you coinflip to) is going to give one player a lead that the other player won't have the resources to catch up with (like another scuttle to go for..). I like to gameplan at loading screen on which lane I'd be better off assisting, and with this change its instead going to be planning around "ok if i somehow manage to get this scuttle then I can outpressure their jg... if". This also makes invading like the level 2 wolves cheese all the more toxic and uncounterable as that basically gives them a camp, your flash, and their scuttle pretty much free early levels. Planning ahead point: We are asking you to somewhat reevaluate your plans/pathing as the game goes on. That's an intended benefit of the system that will cause some friction. Being able to plan out your first five minutes of pathing in the loading screen leads to a rather stale gameplay experience. Not trivializing your point, as it's probably the main negative point of feedback I've received throughout testing this: jungle players highly value setting up a plan for the game in advance. Then we kind of modify our formula based on our success and eventually get to a few standard game plans that work. This skill test is going to be diminished, hopefully in favor of skill tests of reactive planning and how to interact with or avoid the enemy jungler, as you see fit. > IMO you shouldn't do the random 1 scuttle on the map, that just limits playstyles and makes things was more complicated. Keep both scuttles with the change, IMO that's fine, but contesting one RNG scuttle (or even non-rng) just seems unhealthy and unfun and less skill expressive and more "what champ gets this fastest" into the slipperly slope of "nerf early junglers but wait tanks are faster clearers, w.e we'll leave them alone!" We're probably just going to have to agree to disagree on this point. I don't find the contesting over early Scuttle less fun and skill expressive than the current jungle meta. It certainly creates some swings because there's a battle over resources. Think that's more interesting than eking out a small creep lead due to slightly more optimal pathing. > If you wanted to fix the jungle, you should've just mass nerfed a lot of junglers to be strong/weak depending on what their clear strengths are. Example: Is WW an early game champ? I don't know.. he ganks better than all early junglers, he power spikes mid game better then them, he face tanks and still chunks everybody late game.. and he has the healthiest clear in the game to the point of not needing to start pots. I think its fine if a champ for early ganking is early gankiing.. but right now it feels like a lot of champs that play for late game are monsters early game with how healthy and fast they clear, which was previously a weakness of theirs. My original iterations looked kind of like this: I slowed down and made a lot of junglers less healthy early on. There were some benefits: laners felt less pressure. The downside was a lot of junglers returned to PvE as much as possible. So my aim shifted from dramatically slowing them down to instead reducing some of their early spike strength compared to laners and giving them outlets to interact with the other jungler. Then let them grow a lead or deficit more relevant and related to their counterpart. On the Warwick point: he's pretty solidly an early game jungler. He's arguably been overtuned for awhile so he maintains that strength later into the game than he probably should. The constant pressure from junglers isn't really specific to just a handful of junglers, though: it's a pretty standard strategy from most. > I liked when early game junglers camped and their weakness was falling behind later but if they got ahead they could carry the early game for a team advantage... now tanks do that but better, more reliably, and faster without falling off. So basically this is an unchanged problem with these changes and overall the jungle role gets shittier to play. The hope is that early game junglers can flex their muscles in a fashion that's not camping a lane. > ..Or do the simple "delay first camp spawn" instead of this scuttle rework.. or make camps actually respawn faster so there's something else for us to do beside sit in one lane and hope taxing keeps us early game junglers from falling off a building while their tank just naturally has double our pressure and double our CS I don't want to encourage farm-to-six junglers, which I fear faster respawn timers would do. More downtime early game for a jungler sounds pretty painful. Well, rather, can say it is since we tested versions like that. As per the tank pressure I don't have anything too meaningful to contribute. I disagree on how skewed in their favor this current system/balance is. > Oh and how will this work: {{champion:203}} Riot Wrekz is working on some small QoL work for her. We'll be paying close attention to her and other outliers to see if they need additional assistance.
you're saying you don't wanna encourage farm-to-six junglers. Does that mean that champs like Eve and Nocturne will be unviable in the new jungle? As it is now, I'm guessing here that Eve will be bottom tier in the new jungle
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: April 25
What about some QoL changes to Skarner?
Mob Piru (NA)
: {{champion:104}} ????
Haha, yeah, I liked the old Graves better. All in all, those class updates were not very good
Rioter Comments
Shahamut (NA)
: I have a longer more detailed if you are interested: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/EFVT1gQ8-riotreasons-to-remove-skarners-spires-long-post
Only problem is, Skarner isn't as popular as Aatrox and Ahri. So there isn't much demand for a rework. And as Riot's recent behaviour has proven, they only care about the popular champions Gosh, Ryze is getting his 100th rework, they've spent 3 patch cycles on Ahri, they've reverted all the unpopular reworks. I think Skarner mains need to be more active and whine more. I remember how Rengar mains would whine 24/7 until they got their revert
Shahamut (NA)
: Another reminder that...
As a fellow Skarner main, I feel you and applaud your efforts. Especially since english is your native language, so you can better express his problems. Keep up the good work TC!
Rioter Comments
: Their "failed reworks" are still played in current competitive scenes, so I doubt they'll have any sort of updates in the near future.
Playrate and pro play doesn't necessarily indicate how good or fun their kits are. Pros pick champs based on their chances of winning. If tomorrow Amumu would be massively buffed, he would also see competitive play. In that regard, no champs are off-limit in the competitive scene, based on the meta Fact of the matter is, Skarner current passive is incredibly unfun to play around. And I'm mastery 7 on him
: IT'S FINALLY HERE!! APRIL ROADMAP
Any thoughts on Skarner? How high is he on the VGU list? Skarner is pretty similiar to pre-VGU Urgot where his identity and theme is unclear and conflicting. I bet giving him the VGU treatment will be a huge challenge. But pleaaaaase get rid of his passive and make him viable outside of spires
Vanjie (NA)
: I mean Aatrox is getting a full blown VGU now. I hope they can do something other than work on Ahri and Ryze every single year. It doesn't seem like it will ever happen though.
Not to mention how they reverted Rengar and Leblancs reworks. Meanwhile, {{champion:72}} {{champion:43}} failed reworks are left in the sewers
Shahamut (NA)
: {{champion:72}} "I miss my kind..." I post Skarner stuff all the time. Usually in close bursts with breaks in between. I have yet to get a red response in ANY of my threads. And this is years in the making :-(
> [{quoted}](name=Shahamut,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m3rjfjmX,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-04-18T01:36:11.949+0000) > > {{champion:72}} "I miss my kind..." > > I post Skarner stuff all the time. Usually in close bursts with breaks in between. I have yet to get a red response in ANY of my threads. And this is years in the making :-( I once got a red response with a thread I made. I also got a response from the playtest team once regarding Skarner. Other than that though, Riot goes out of their way to pretend Skarner doesn't exist, despite him seeing so much play in the pro scene
: Morde - Needs a VGU. Skarner - Needs a VGU. Lissandra - Desperately needs a new passive. Karma - Needs quite a bit of work imo. She needs a new innate and her current passive moved to R, an ally function for W/RW, shield bomb, a running animation and a shield animation. Making RQ ground targeted would improve her a lot both in mid and bot for a number of reasons that I'm tired of listing, but I doubt Riot will do it. I'm doubtful Riot will do much at all to fix Karma when they get to her tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=IcebornKing,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m3rjfjmX,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-04-17T23:16:12.179+0000) > > Morde - Needs a VGU. > > Skarner - Needs a VGU. > > Lissandra - Desperately needs a new passive. > > Karma - Needs quite a bit of work imo. She needs a new innate and her current passive moved to R, an ally function for W/RW, shield bomb, a running animation and a shield animation. Making RQ ground targeted would improve her a lot both in mid and bot for a number of reasons that I'm tired of listing, but I doubt Riot will do it. I'm doubtful Riot will do much at all to fix Karma when they get to her tbh. Many champions who are up for VGUs have gotten some QoL changes before their VGU. {{champion:50}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:77}} There's no reason why Skarner and Morde can't get any QoL changes to hold them over before their eventual VGUs
Nrader (EUW)
: You do realize trash talking is in the competitive nature as well right? Frustration when you're playing or participating in a hyper competitive sport/game should be expected. That's why the Korean scene is more successful, they embrace the competitive nature and the toxicity that comes with it because it makes better players
> [{quoted}](name=Nrader,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MRk15XaN,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-13T18:36:07.154+0000) > > You do realize trash talking is in the competitive nature as well right? Frustration when you're playing or participating in a hyper competitive sport/game should be expected. > > That's why the Korean scene is more successful, they embrace the competitive nature and the toxicity that comes with it because it makes better players I play on the chinese server. So I can only speak for China. But during the games, we barely even talk. Of course there are occasional flamers, but not nearly as much as in the western servers. I think in general, the asian servers aren't as toxic as as the western ones, with the exeption of Korea
: "That is not dead, which can eternal lie..."
: Ah, I'm just saying there's a LOT more to learn about. Not just for Swain, but Urgot too.
Haha, I guess. Different folks, different strokes. The reason I'm interested in the Swain/Urgot thing is also the contrasting dichotomy of their ideals, Chaos vs Order. I guess I'm biased because Urgot is one of my favorite champions. And despite his appearance and his radical ideas, I love how the VGU team made him undeniably intelligent. And even if his ideas seem violent, you can't help but get swayed by the words he says. Don't know if that was intentional, or just my own personal interpretation, but Riot did a really good job. And it might just be my personal perception, but I think of Urgot and Swain as equals when it comes to intelligence and ideas. They both have equally valid arguments for their ideas and actions (relative to the political and social realities of Runeterra of course). But hey, I'm just rambling. Anyway, thanks for replying in this thread. Looking forward to how you'll VGU Skarner once you get to him
Show more

abdollah56273

Level 71 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion