: Just wanted to bring attention to the Twisted Treeline removal
once again, riot shows us their true face: that of a regular money-hungry Corporation wishing for more and more money, funnelling all attention into E-sports and TFT little legends in order to generate more revenue. while it is expected of a company to want to make money: gutting legacy game modes in order to shift attention more and more into the more popular once. which in the the way they are doing it reminds me eerily of EA... for those unfamiliar: EA buys up a promising game developer and then slowly bleeds them dry over time, until they can no longer handle the demands and are shut down. Riot is doing the same by neglecting older game modes and eventually removing them. as for riot's joke-worthy comment on why they are removing it: they never tried to keep TT alive since at least season 5, more specifically the last patch for TT was 5.11 only a couple of patches before the now infamous juggernaut rework (whom still reign supreme on treeline) riot has LITERALLY not touched this game mode for almost 4 years. there is no way that a gamemode will generate interest or a playerbase if the developer neglects it for 4 years and steadily hides it from sight. on the other hand riot will NEVER remove SR because its the official E-sports map and everyone is shoe-horned into it by default. certain playerbases not being interested shouldn't matter for a gamemode: unless there is a poll where a MASSIVE majority votes for removal gamemodes should NEVER be removed: they add diversity to the game which can only improve its longevity. TFT is riot's newest attempt at diversity, but even that will fall short due to the inherent way TFT is made and balanced. with this post i will also announce my permanent leave from LoL, even if they keep treeline, the very THOUGHT that they can remove a gamemode with a RANKED community sickens me, and solidifies my believe that riot, as a company and game developer, does not deserve the respect that countless people are giving it. That's all , and furthermore best of luck out there summoners.
: Considering the magical properties of Yordles, I'm not entirely sure if that's possible. Most people on Targon probably wouldn't even know there was a Yordle there, let alone one making the climb. I think the Aspects can see through their glamour though, and I don't think they'd consider a Yordle to be a worthy host in the vast majority of cases. Take Morgana, for example, who (in-game) thinks Kayle sent a Yordle to her as a joke.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=4L3a55hg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-30T12:49:34.118+0000) > > Considering the magical properties of Yordles, I'm not entirely sure if that's possible. Most people on Targon probably wouldn't even know there was a Yordle there, let alone one making the climb. I think the Aspects can see through their glamour though, and I don't think they'd consider a Yordle to be a worthy host in the vast majority of cases. Take Morgana, for example, who (in-game) thinks Kayle sent a Yordle to her as a joke. most likely, a yordles's glamour can also be looked trough if you can sense magic (mordekaiser did sense veigar afterall) or are plain insane enough (jinx saw right trough zigg's glamour) yordles are there to guide humanity: aspects of targon use humans as hosts so they can bring their influence or intervention to the mortal plain. there is no reason for aspects to possess yordles. That's all
: Will a Yordle ever ascend on Mount Targon?
i dunno, but yordles are kind of fae-like spirits who are there to help/guide humanity, if helping/guiding means ascending targon and becoming host to an celestial aspect so be it. but that will probably not be the case as humans themselves are often attracted/guided onto the mountain top (or they are badass and just climb it regardless) and then promptly ascend... sooo.... yes they could probably ascend (unless yordles fall under a category of spirits which the celestial aspects want to avoid) but it most likely wont happen.. That's all
: Im not sure if Garens Build Path is that predictable. Im a hard Garen OTP with more than 7 million+ Points overall on him (just 1.87 million on my main). My Build path is Sorcerer's shoes, Youumus, Steraks, Cleaver, Sunfire and Spirit. And this works pretty well ^^
> [{quoted}](name=Lionheart I,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Re7KxAA6,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-30T10:45:49.981+0000) > > Im not sure if Garens Build Path is that predictable. Im a hard Garen OTP with more than 7 million+ Points overall on him (just 1.87 million on my main). My Build path is Sorcerer's shoes, Youumus, Steraks, Cleaver, Sunfire and Spirit. And this works pretty well ^^ congratz on making it that far! on the side note i'l explain what i mean with a predictable build path. just about any garen build includes {{item:3071}} and{{item:3068}} and then continues the trend of building tanky / a little extra damage. youmuus' steraks and visage are also often seen on garen sorc shoes are not mind you (i take it you build them for sunfire + ulti damage?) the thing is garen is always gonna build early AD/HP into some tank items, its his only option really. as far as i know only Riste (NA garen challenger OTP) goes consistently outside of standard garen items (but even he builds them quite often still) per example riste will often rush a bami's cinder (for proccing phase rush) into either a triforce or dead man's plate. then later on he will buy steraks and one of the armour pen items, in his last youtube vid, he even build mercurial scimitar. (veigar matchup) most garen will never even consider these items for buying, so the enemy pretty much already knows: yup he's gonna build black cleaver into sunfire and visage yup. so they either build items that counter HP stacking (botrk) or armour (last whisper, mortal reminder, LDR or black cleaver) or they just build a frozen mallet or rylai's and simply kite garen into non-existence. henceforth my reasoning why his build path is predictable. That's all.
: Twisted Treeline is unplayable
i'm afraid its known as 'hyper' in TT terms, and has been there longer than funneling ever existed. here's a weakness: play early junglers in order to disrupt the farming, stuff like rek'sai, xin zhao and poppy work amazing in TT, either that or play hyper yourself, at least a part of the TT ranked community accepts it and just rolls with it. a bigger problem for TT is matchmaking: its small playerbase allows people whom are in challenger to face people even below diamond. also referring to Luther's comment up: qiyanna is not a good champ in TT, she lacks her ice element and people will always counterbuild you (as there are only 3 players buying a lets say chain vest and sitting on it is far better than in SR) That's all
Terozu (NA)
: Uhh, from what I understand when Eve was reworked they confirmed that if you don't feel their particular emotion they can't actually hurt you at all? Which is why Vayne survived, being a she couldn't feel the emotions Eve would need to eat her.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xmil2dyA,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-07-29T01:09:26.741+0000) > > Uhh, from what I understand when Eve was reworked they confirmed that if you don't feel their particular emotion they can't actually hurt you at all? Which is why Vayne survived, being a she couldn't feel the emotions Eve would need to eat her. can you give me a link to this? as far as i understand evelynn uses her charm to place her victims in absolute ecstasy after which she unveils her true form and inflicts unimaginable agony upon them (this is where eve gets her satisfaction/pleasure from) vanye witnessed her parents dead bodies and evelynn (in her true form) standing over them. evelynn most likely already had her fill of agony for the night, vayne was already sixteen by this point so not feeling lust is not something that would have saved her (unless humans on runeterra are completely sexually inactive until the age of 18) or the mental shock she received from the image of her dead parents made her 'unsuitable' for such an occasion. another point could be made that evelynn was delighted from the mental pain that vayne was going trough, as evelynn does not solely feed on physical pain, but rather pain in general. as for your question: from what we know demons can still hurt / kill (or eat in TK's case) you, but without their respective emotion being invoked or something else being done they will get no satisfaction from it: if TK randomly consumes a human, it will leave him unsatisfied and hungry (which is why he doesn't do it) it is also the reason why he have the voice line 'a bargain is due!' he wants to make the meal as fulfilling as possible That's all
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xmil2dyA,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-28T21:46:28.091+0000) > > bah, whatever. looking back on it i actually forgot to mention some of tahm's other victims: namely yordles. > > no harm done. thanks for being so kind lol. nice pointing out the yordles, I completely forgot about them (really hope they talk about that relationship some day)
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xmil2dyA,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-28T22:07:45.249+0000) > > thanks for being so kind lol. nice pointing out the yordles, I completely forgot about them (really hope they talk about that relationship some day) essentially yordles can be convinced or talked into doing things rather easy, tahm kench can therefore also get yordles wrapped up in the miserable deals that he makes, however most yordles have the support of their fellow yordles and wil not as easily fall into the river king's clutches. that is basically how the old lore described the relation between TK and yordles (is also the reason why TK was every yordles' enemy.) however in the new lore yordles are more like fae-like spirits whom help humanity (but disguise themselves using their glamour as to not disturb them or create unrest) TK would most likely be able to see straight trough this tough (jinx did, but she is not exactly a normal human) but until riot makes a statement on this or a story related to it we wont know sadly. That's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xmil2dyA,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-28T20:57:26.936+0000) > > true, he is talked about as an 'unending appetite for games of chance' in bilgewater and is seen as a symbol for gambling dens and such therefore. gamblers have a high chance to lose everything and become desperate as a result tough (which is when tahm greets them). > > his name actually did come from a gambler tough: he took the man's name once he was done devouring him. and his bio tells us about an inventor in piltover who wished for more success: it came a the price of a part of her body. (a piece of her finger) > > her success afterwards would come and go: whenever it was at a low she'd sell another part of her body, until he was in so much pain that she begged tham to make it stop, after which tham promised to protect the woman from herself: by eating her. > > he also goes for anyone he might find desperate, dissatisfied enough, whether they want to deal with him or not (and seeing as he can see into someone's emotions it is pretty easy for him to convince them.) > > (also i have be referring tahm as a 'he' but tahm is more of an 'it': spirits and demons do not possess genders after all. but they do identify and refer to themselves with a gender) > > that's all honestly I'm sorry for the needless correction. I know now you just meant they are common and easy for him to deal with. again, sorry for the correction. it was quite rude
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xmil2dyA,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-28T21:15:57.232+0000) > > honestly I'm sorry for the needless correction. I know now you just meant they are common and easy for him to deal with. > > again, sorry for the correction. it was quite rude bah, whatever. looking back on it i actually forgot to mention some of tahm's other victims: namely yordles. no harm done.
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xmil2dyA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-28T19:02:33.632+0000) > > he tricks desperate people (mostly gamblers) into deal, in which they have their dreams fulfilled, then everything comes crashing down, and TK feasts on the person's despair or anguish, afterwards he eats them. (he might also eat their family if they are involved in the deal.) he also has a habit of 'seasoning' his meals: with emotions namely (fear, desperation, ect.) > > > there is something peculiar with this tough: if you where to refuse the deal TK will let you go: if he devours someone without a deal it will taste horrible to him, which is why he doesn't do it. > > despite this striking a bargain or deal for him is rather easy: he knows when people are being consumed by their inner demons (and when they conqueror them) and his appearance varies from whoever is seeing him. the cat-fish like demon we see on the rift is how TK envisions himself: but for you he could easily appear as an actual gentlemen. > > That's all. mostly gamblers? Tahm Kench does not have an appetite specific to gamblers at all, he preys on anyone desperate enough to deal with him. he wont seek out gamblers more than others
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xmil2dyA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-28T20:24:34.506+0000) > > mostly gamblers? Tahm Kench does not have an appetite specific to gamblers at all, he preys on anyone desperate enough to deal with him. he wont seek out gamblers more than others true, he is talked about as an 'unending appetite for games of chance' in bilgewater and is seen as a symbol for gambling dens and such therefore. gamblers have a high chance to lose everything and become desperate as a result tough (which is when tahm greets them). his name actually did come from a gambler tough: he took the man's name once he was done devouring him. and his bio tells us about an inventor in piltover who wished for more success: it came a the price of a part of her body. (a piece of her finger) her success afterwards would come and go: whenever it was at a low she'd sell another part of her body, until he was in so much pain that she begged tham to make it stop, after which tham promised to protect the woman from herself: by eating her. he also goes for anyone he might find desperate, dissatisfied enough, whether they want to deal with him or not (and seeing as he can see into someone's emotions it is pretty easy for him to convince them.) (also i have be referring tahm as a 'he' but tahm is more of an 'it': spirits and demons do not possess genders after all. but they do identify and refer to themselves with a gender) that's all
: What does Tahm Kench eat?
he tricks desperate people (mostly gamblers) into deal, in which they have their dreams fulfilled, then everything comes crashing down, and TK feasts on the person's despair or anguish, afterwards he eats them. (he might also eat their family if they are involved in the deal.) he also has a habit of 'seasoning' his meals: with emotions namely (fear, desperation, ect.) there is something peculiar with this tough: if you where to refuse the deal TK will let you go: if he devours someone without a deal it will taste horrible to him, which is why he doesn't do it. despite this striking a bargain or deal for him is rather easy: he knows when people are being consumed by their inner demons (and when they conqueror them) and his appearance varies from whoever is seeing him. the cat-fish like demon we see on the rift is how TK envisions himself: but for you he could easily appear as an actual gentlemen. That's all.
: If your being ganked stunning yourself for 1.25 seconds probably isn't on your to do list. And if your running away chances are you don't proc the second dash and if you do your not gonna use your q or w your probably gonna tap e twice. Losing fury just to avoid the elise.
> [{quoted}](name=Eonslegacy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PAZQxGpm,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-28T18:18:21.327+0000) > > If your being ganked stunning yourself for 1.25 seconds probably isn't on your to do list. And if your running away chances are you don't proc the second dash and if you do your not gonna use your q or w your probably gonna tap e twice. Losing fury just to avoid the elise. true.
arowin242 (EUW)
: > Depends on the situation really. Most of the times more complicated spells aren't required to get the job done (ex: why rip apart with runic tendrils every piece of someone's body when you can just kill him with 1 blast) (the runic tendrils part was just a made-up example btw idk if Ryze has a spell like that or not). When it's needed however, like when fighting those Navori brotherhood guys, he used spell flux (I assume he didn't want to damage the building and that's why he didn't explode them all. Plus spell fluxing them was more efficient) > seems to be that way, it means that spell flux is more of an disabling spell (most likely trough sheer pain) or serves another supportive role (like it does in game) > The living fire part is no longer canon. Brand is just the entity that formed when Kegan got his powers from the World Rune. So basically Brand is Kegan and Kegan is Brand. > alright, then the question remains: how mortal is he still? brand's current lore states that if he gets his hand on a world rune that only a handful of people would be able to stop him. (the ascended come to mind) his body seems to be able to survive most physical damage however, as he survives the collapse of the ruin where the rune was hidden. but this leaves open how vulnerable he remains to magic. i kinda dislike this tough the information we have on his durability seems deceptive and incomplete, like jinx's (survived the ecliptics vault falling on top of her, despite Vi needing to hide in a huge strongbox with armour and shield on and still having to dig herself out.) and riot has more of these kind of uncertainties. i really want to know them. That's all
> Kinda doubt since it also acts different from in-game (in lore it bounces off and does damage by itself. In game it spreads). And it looked like it killed those people > it actually does damage in game, just only a little compared to overload (which are raw arcane blasts) > Probably durable enough to survive that but I think Ryze could kill him (deep frying Vel's cousin comes to mind) > probably, or not. vel's cousin was a voidborn: they do not use magic in any shape or way, all their powers are, to an extend organic. brand however is a world-rune altered human so the interaction is unknown. > I'm gonna admit I'm unknolwedgeble about Vi and Jinx lore but I guess from what you described maybe she got lucky and something was betwen her and the floor falling? i quote from jinx's bio: With the two of them trapped together underground, Jinx fired her rockets into the ceiling of the vault, and the entire structure collapsed. The wardens in the upper reaches of the vault escaped before the building came down, but Vi was left trapped inside. Only by hiding in the same lockbox Jinx had used to break in was she able to avoid being crushed to death. Eventually she punched her way out from the ruins, wondering for a moment if Jinx lay dead somewhere in the ruins, only to see one last tag left in the patterns of destruction - a final taunt daring Vi to catch her. No trace of the blue-haired hellion could be found, and to add insult to injury, not a single coin had been taken from the vaults. they where deep underground in a heavy, fortified concrete vault. i dont think that there is any chance of being lucky in that case (trust me, i am an engineer.) not to mention the sheer dust that would form. but of course, until riot tells us more. we wont know. That's all
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xKEunYin,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T17:30:51.393+0000) > > so a specifically constructed voidborn, no wonder then (all original voidborn are construct made by the watchers: these have offspring which then diversify and evolve.) > > spiritual magic can cross the boundary of the world, also it seems to be affiliated with the soul. ryze most likely wont have his soul ripped out (considering that garen could use his force of will to keep his soul tethered to him, and reclaim it.) but it could mean that syndra can potentially harm souls (she most likely isn't aware of this tough.) That is indeed something I belive she could do > no but a demon tends to remember everything (we know kench does) and swain has access to this knowledge. > > true, however, it seems that ryze (in lore) prefers using raw arcane blast over spell flux, and uses rune prison to immobilize enemies. syndra would most likely be able to unleash a blast of magic to shatter the rune prison tough. and again, raw power is her forte. his realm warp is very impressive, considering its range and capacity. Depends on the situation really. Most of the times more complicated spells aren't required to get the job done (ex: why rip apart with runic tendrils every piece of someone's body when you can just kill him with 1 blast) (the runic tendrils part was just a made-up example btw idk if Ryze has a spell like that or not). When it's needed however, like when fighting those Navori brotherhood guys, he used spell flux (I assume he didn't want to damage the building and that's why he didn't explode them all. Plus spell fluxing them was more efficient) > possible, it seems however that brand, by this point is not quite mortal anymore, as upon brand's creation (kegan touching the world rune) all that kegan ever was was burned away, and brand remained (brand has access to kegan's memories tough.) kegan's body currently acts as a vessel for brand (whom is also known as a living fire) which could potentially mean that brand can posses other humans, as brand was born out of the power of a world rune this seems likely. The living fire part is no longer canon. Brand is just the entity that formed when Kegan got his powers from the World Rune. So basically Brand is Kegan and Kegan is Brand. > yup, however currently riot is sweating and panting over demacia, so we can forget that for now. > > (however with the current lore additions to petricide, does that mean that the tree's in which ryze is hiding the runes are also getting saturated by the magic of the world runes? that could pan out very badly afterall.) Yup. And yes that could indeed pan out very badly. We shall see in the future > That's all
> Depends on the situation really. Most of the times more complicated spells aren't required to get the job done (ex: why rip apart with runic tendrils every piece of someone's body when you can just kill him with 1 blast) (the runic tendrils part was just a made-up example btw idk if Ryze has a spell like that or not). When it's needed however, like when fighting those Navori brotherhood guys, he used spell flux (I assume he didn't want to damage the building and that's why he didn't explode them all. Plus spell fluxing them was more efficient) > seems to be that way, it means that spell flux is more of an disabling spell (most likely trough sheer pain) or serves another supportive role (like it does in game) > The living fire part is no longer canon. Brand is just the entity that formed when Kegan got his powers from the World Rune. So basically Brand is Kegan and Kegan is Brand. > alright, then the question remains: how mortal is he still? brand's current lore states that if he gets his hand on a world rune that only a handful of people would be able to stop him. (the ascended come to mind) his body seems to be able to survive most physical damage however, as he survives the collapse of the ruin where the rune was hidden. but this leaves open how vulnerable he remains to magic. i kinda dislike this tough the information we have on his durability seems deceptive and incomplete, like jinx's (survived the ecliptics vault falling on top of her, despite Vi needing to hide in a huge strongbox with armour and shield on and still having to dig herself out.) and riot has more of these kind of uncertainties. i really want to know them. That's all
: Now I'm just a simple bronze player who don't gots a whole lotta experience with Kayle, but I vividly recall bein able to solo Baron, steal Elder immediately after, AND score a triple kill all in quick succession as a post 16 Kayle. So please, tell me how it is you can't make it work for ya.
> [{quoted}](name=Is So Chill,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=EvAQ6vx4,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-27T17:11:51.113+0000) > > Now I'm just a simple bronze player who don't gots a whole lotta experience with Kayle, but I vividly recall bein able to solo Baron, steal Elder immediately after, AND score a triple kill all in quick succession as a post 16 Kayle. > > So please, tell me how it is you can't make it work for ya. first of all: i do not care about ranked, everyone's experience and perspective is important in the grand scheme of things. nice play btw, its kinda sad that most ADC's can achieve the same however. as for why i cant make it work: one of her problems lies in just how weak her early game is, pre-rework kayle could actually 1v1 pretty well in lane (but was weak to ganks because her only CC was a targeted slow) the moment the enemy realizes that pre-level 11 kayle is virtually defenceless (save for ult and running away) they can just gank you over and over again. generating a large advantage from this. another one of the problems with kayle lies in the fact that full build kayle Pre-rework was STRONGER than an ADC (and this was also the case for previous seasons, even as far as season 5 where ADC's had much more offesive power due to IE giving 250% crit dmg instead of 225%) post-rework she lost a bit of synergy with runaan's (her E used to give AOE on her AA which runaan's replicated like jinx does) meaning she can only really fight 1 target at the time. once you start to lane against people whom have more game knowledge your laning phase will quickly become your new personal hell. they will abuse your early weakness in order to snowball their team into victory, once you finally reach level 11 it wont matter - most games are over by that point. as 1 team will have a clear lead and just stomp the other into the ground. in other words, if i try playing her right now, chances are that my enemy will pick: kled, renekton, riven, jayce, kennen, just about any mage. and bully me into oblivion and then promptly turn me useless until the 40min mark when i finally am full build level 18, at which point i will act as an ADC with some utility. that doesn't feel good to play. in fact it feels worse even IF you are ahead compared to old kayle. now, there are situation in which kayle is a good pick don't get me wrong, she is good against other late-game scaling champions as she often outscales them (except kennen, but that's kennen) she is also a reasonably good pick against juggernauts, as her ranged nature and high dps + kiting potential allows her to shred them. (after level 11 of course) if the meta slows down again, kayle will by nature be in a better spot, currently now so much tough. That's all
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xKEunYin,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T16:21:56.565+0000) > > let me guess: they didn't specifiy what type of voidborn it was? we know from kai'sa's lore that some voidborn (the one she faced as a child) can be harmed by a small knife. its more then likely that newborn voidlings have insect-like shells to protect them from harm. (or that some voidlings, like insects prefer a hard defensive shell over other means of protection) If you mean the Voidborn that the Freljordians hit, well, that was a Voidborn made for the purpose to kill the Iceborns from an Iceborn body so naturally it was much stronger than the one Kai'Sa stabbed (but since it was also newborn naturally much much weaker than the one Ryze fought) > only the ghost willow was still alive when syndra drained it, dont forget that the area around fea'lor used to be beautiful and filled with trees, flowers and such until, once again, syndra drained it. Then again, that was spiritual magic drained. Ryze doesn't use spiritual > it was certainly a part of the old lore (back then she also had ripped out the ENTIRE temple along with a huge chunk of ground yikes!) nowadays syndra merely ripped out the largest tower and command to it go north (fea'lor was located on the southern part of ionia) however with the way they are protraying syndra she is still more than likely to keep it up indefinitely. That's a possibility but nothing guaranted > only that the demon of secrets knows of shan-uzal (mordekaiser) and he was known for keeping spellcasters, magical tomes and even a yordle (veigar) around. not to mention, mordekaiser was an extremely proficient warlock himself and most likely also kept the demon of secrets around for his own purposes. Being related to powerfull magic users doesn't necesarrly mean that you are a spellcaster yourself > once again, not divulged. but they do obey syndra's every command (or thought for that matter) which leaves their speed and accuracy up for debate. > > true expririence is very relevant in such a duel, ryze however is seen to throw around raw bolt of magic in order to beat his foes (or use his trusty rune prison) but such a raw magic slug fest seems more like syndra's forte. My point was that even Ryze's more complicated spells are almost near-instant cast (ex: his spell flux, his Rune Prison which is instant, his teleportation) > again, true. but most likely ryze has done this before. brand eventually expends his energy and must slumber in order to regain it, leaving these 2 locked in a sort of stalemate. Well yes and no. The comic seemed to accentuate on the fact Ryze has now decided to kill Brand once and for all because he was too weak emotionally before to do it > exactly, and that could be fixed if riot expands syndra's lore. Indeed (that and Ryze's knowledge of magic but it would be long before Ryze got lore again because he got a massive update last year. I don't complain tho it was amazing) > That's all.
> If you mean the Voidborn that the Freljordians hit, well, that was a Voidborn made for the purpose to kill the Iceborns from an Iceborn body so naturally it was much stronger than the one Kai'Sa stabbed (but since it was also newborn naturally much much weaker than the one Ryze fought) > so a specifically constructed voidborn, no wonder then (all original voidborn are construct made by the watchers: these have offspring which then diversify and evolve.) > Then again, that was spiritual magic drained. Ryze doesn't use spiritual > spiritual magic can cross the boundary of the world, also it seems to be affiliated with the soul. ryze most likely wont have his soul ripped out (considering that garen could use his force of will to keep his soul tethered to him, and reclaim it.) but it could mean that syndra can potentially harm souls (she most likely isn't aware of this tough.) > Being related to powerfull magic users doesn't necesarrly mean that you are a spellcaster yourself > no but a demon tends to remember everything (we know kench does) and swain has access to this knowledge. > My point was that even Ryze's more complicated spells are almost near-instant cast (ex: his spell flux, his Rune Prison which is instant, his teleportation) > true, however, it seems that ryze (in lore) prefers using raw arcane blast over spell flux, and uses rune prison to immobilize enemies. syndra would most likely be able to unleash a blast of magic to shatter the rune prison tough. and again, raw power is her forte. his realm warp is very impressive, considering its range and capacity. > Well yes and no. The comic seemed to accentuate on the fact Ryze has now decided to kill Brand once and for all because he was too weak emotionally before to do it > possible, it seems however that brand, by this point is not quite mortal anymore, as upon brand's creation (kegan touching the world rune) all that kegan ever was was burned away, and brand remained (brand has access to kegan's memories tough.) kegan's body currently acts as a vessel for brand (whom is also known as a living fire) which could potentially mean that brand can posses other humans, as brand was born out of the power of a world rune this seems likely. > Indeed (that and Ryze's knowledge of magic but it would be long before Ryze got lore again because he got a massive update last year. I don't complain tho it was amazing) yup, however currently riot is sweating and panting over demacia, so we can forget that for now. (however with the current lore additions to petricide, does that mean that the tree's in which ryze is hiding the runes are also getting saturated by the magic of the world runes? that could pan out very badly afterall.) That's all
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xKEunYin,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T15:02:55.140+0000) > > that's for you to figure out. > > now that is an impressive feat. and that indeed shows his aptitude in mage combat. > > true, however voidborn already die by hundreds each day: either due to other voidborn or other powerful beings (think of kai'sa, diana, leona ect.) to destroy a watcher would take the power of aurelion sol most likely (or nagakabouros but is don't count that one.) But there are more tiers of power among Voidborns. The older they are, the more durable and stronger they get. High tier Voidborns are absolute monsters, with shells that are much stronger than even steel (heck probably even diamond level considering how an Iceborn (Iceborns are superhuman) wasn't even scratching a NEWBORN Voidborn's shell with direct hits from a pickaxe and required True Ice to do damage) > out of the land around fea'lor (remember, ionia's land is filled with spirit and normal magic, and lands consist of of more than just dirt and rock) and the ghost-willow, also her act of ripping the magic from the land left it damaged permanently: the ground around fea'lor is to this day barren. No living things are mentioned there and Ionia's land is full of spiritual magicks. There's no indication about the other types of magic m > keeping a massive tower afloat for an indefinite time, including in her sleep. (so even unconscious) That part isn't mentioned in her current lore I think it was part of the old one (correct me if Im wrong) > you do know that swain has access to the demon of secrets right? demons have been around far longer than ryze has ( and i don't see the demon of secrets leaving any spells lying around) Yeah. The demon of secrets. But, there's no indication that the demon is a spellcaster. Demons in general aren't spellcasters and just use their own power in some form or another (ex Evelyin or Nocturne). > no she has yet to absorb any spell: however, the sleep which she was induced in was put onto her by the very spirit of ionia; i dont think that overcoming the magic of the spirit of the most magically abundant land is so easy. (it also kept her in a form of stasis) The Spirit of Ionia also wanted to keep her alive so I doubt it tried to kill her (logically) > syndra instantly reacted to almost having a dagger shoved down her throat despite coming out of a at least multi-decennial long sleep. > beams also might be fast, but they go straight: syndra's sphere's can turn and change direction on a whim. Fair point although we don't know how much precision Syndra has over controling her Dark Spheres (as in, can she use them like heat-seeking missiles?) > he has more experience in general mage duels, i highly doupt that syndra falls under the category of 'usual' mage. sure he has fought other powerful mages before, but each is unique. it comes down to a game of wit and figuring out what the limits are. ryze still needs time to prepare and use spells: syndra has no such limitation (there are no incantations or sequences to go trough: syndra wills things to happen) It's still a magical duel so experience is relevant. And Ryze doesn't need to speak to use his spells (no instances of him having to speak to do that) and in most cases they are instant-cast or near-instant. > except mental fortitude can help to dull pain by not focusing on it. > > these are battles between incredible mages which know what there opponent is capable of: ryze know how the world runes function (to a degree) and what their influence does: brand is a slave to his own power. which makes him blind to how he is supposed to win, ryze merely blocked most of the time then forced brand into a rune prison. (ryze is unable to kill brand however, but he can stop him for a time) As soon as Ryze decided he was going to kill Brand he started getting on the offense > ryze's battle with yago is more interesting however: he is able to fight for hours against a mage whom is corrupted by the lure of the world runes (and is using some of its power) however he is exhausted afterwards: it also tells use that ryze is able to endure pain comparable to 'what felt like twenty times the power of the sun'' Both are exhausted after I may add > a gap of power might be crossed with knowledge: the question is: how much? until we know this, this debate will remain unanswered. That is true we don't know the upper limits of Ryze's knowledge of magic or Syndra's raw power at the moment. > That's all.
> But there are more tiers of power among Voidborns. The older they are, the more durable and stronger they get. High tier Voidborns are absolute monsters, with shells that are much stronger than even steel (heck probably even diamond level considering how an Iceborn (Iceborns are superhuman) wasn't even scratching a NEWBORN Voidborn's shell with direct hits from a pickaxe and required True Ice to do damage) > let me guess: they didn't specifiy what type of voidborn it was? we know from kai'sa's lore that some voidborn (the one she faced as a child) can be harmed by a small knife. its more then likely that newborn voidlings have insect-like shells to protect them from harm. (or that some voidlings, like insects prefer a hard defensive shell over other means of protection) > No living things are mentioned there and Ionia's land is full of spiritual magicks. There's no indication about the other types of magic m only the ghost willow was still alive when syndra drained it, dont forget that the area around fea'lor used to be beautiful and filled with trees, flowers and such until, once again, syndra drained it. > > That part isn't mentioned in her current lore I think it was part of the old one (correct me if Im wrong) it was certainly a part of the old lore (back then she also had ripped out the ENTIRE temple along with a huge chunk of ground yikes!) nowadays syndra merely ripped out the largest tower and command to it go north (fea'lor was located on the southern part of ionia) however with the way they are protraying syndra she is still more than likely to keep it up indefinitely. > Yeah. The demon of secrets. But, there's no indication that the demon is a spellcaster. Demons in general aren't spellcasters and just use their own power in some form or another (ex Evelyin or Nocturne). > only that the demon of secrets knows of shan-uzal (mordekaiser) and he was known for keeping spellcasters, magical tomes and even a yordle (veigar) around. not to mention, mordekaiser was an extremely proficient warlock himself and most likely also kept the demon of secrets around for his own purposes. > Fair point although we don't know how much precision Syndra has over controling her Dark Spheres (as in, can she use them like heat-seeking missiles?) > once again, not divulged. but they do obey syndra's every command (or thought for that matter) which leaves their speed and accuracy up for debate. > It's still a magical duel so experience is relevant. And Ryze doesn't need to speak to use his spells (no instances of him having to speak to do that) and in most cases they are instant-cast or near-instant. > true expririence is very relevant in such a duel, ryze however is seen to throw around raw bolt of magic in order to beat his foes (or use his trusty rune prison) but such a raw magic slug fest seems more like syndra's forte. > As soon as Ryze decided he was going to kill Brand he started getting on the offense > again, true. but most likely ryze has done this before. brand eventually expends his energy and must slumber in order to regain it, leaving these 2 locked in a sort of stalemate. > That is true we don't know the upper limits of Ryze's knowledge of magic or Syndra's raw power at the moment. exactly, and that could be fixed if riot expands syndra's lore. That's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xKEunYin,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T12:46:59.202+0000) > > aw darn your one of THOSE people well, whatever. What is that supposed to mean? > only she did not just defend against a dagger: she immediately suspended sirik in the air, and then promptly flung her into the wall, breaking and fracturing multiple bones in the process. ryze had to use physical contact to fry the dude. By defending against worse things than a knife I meant Brand's magical attacks (who mind you got his powers directly from a World Rune and may still have it in possesion) > very well, in that case he magically overloaded a higher-ranking voidborn (which is not as impressive as a watcher unfortunately.) Still very impressive. And if he destroyed a Watcher, it wouldn't even have been a contest regarding if he could beat Syndra because Watchers are miles above Syndra in power. > it doesn't help syndra: it merely warns ryze of her presence: her magic is extremely uncomfortable to be around with, seeing as it felt 'vile' and 'seemed to pull at her soul' for a vastaya (whom are more magically attuned than even most mages.) also, it could mean that syndra could rip the magic straight out of objects and other living beings: she has done so before. Where has she ripped out magic from living beings? > of course he wont stand there as a target dummy: unfortunately for ryze syndra possesses telekinesis, which she can use to turn him into a target dummy. while he could possibly defend against this too: the battle would quickly turn into a slug fest of endurance which ryze would NEVER win. Mind any feats for Syndra's endurance? Or are you just assuming things here? > while ryze knows more spells then probably any mage on the planet (save for xerath and swain) What? Swain doesn't know nearly as many spells as Ryze lol >they are still of magical nature: which syndra has shown to absorp and eventually shrug off (she managed to free herself from the dreaming pool with only a slight vision of the outside world) however the real question is: to what extend? nobody buy riot knows the extend of syndra's defence against magic. Freeing herself from a mental prison that kept her asleep isn't in any way related to absorbing lethal spells that hit her and shrugging them off. She has never done smth like that. > true, syndra is more likely to make mistakes, especially due to the sheer amount of power she wields: it could easily backfire onto her if she loses control for a split second. and while ryze indeed defended successfully against things worse than daggers: if he cannot react in time he's toast regardless Ryze has better reaction feats than Syndra being able to react to Brand's fire beams and block them (beams are super fast). > in this context syndra's dark sphere could very well be the rune mage's undoing: syndra can command multiple at a whim while also sending them speeding at a alarming pace. If she hits one yes. But I doubt she would hit one before Ryze could hit a spell since the later has more experience in magical duels and reacting to things > spells take focus of the mind in order to be successfully cast: losing control of a spell due to lack of focus causes it fail or misfire, fearing your own magic also makes it uncontrollable: as is seen with lux (before she meets Sylas) Ryze seems to be able to take quite some damage before collapsing, but pain from wounds can still stop him in his tracks. unfortunately i have no reference for syndra's pain tolerance (tough she did survive at least multiple decades worth of mental anguish at the hand of the dreaming pool) Mental resistance is different from physical resistance > i would figure that a battle between 2 even mages would take a long time, however if 1 mage is clearly stronger than the other, that mage will just attempt to blow to the weaker one as soon as possible. there is no reason to drag a fight on: eventually 1 will become exhausted enough for the other to simply blow over. Except here there isn't 1 mage clearly stronger than the other because the gap betwen raw power is crossed by knowledge of magical spells and combat experience > the only mentioned part of mage battle lasting a long time is those of the rune wars or battles between ascended beings: both ryze and syndra do not fall in these categories. (ryze will never submit to use a world rune's power. and syndra is still pushing her own boundaries) Where are mentions of magical battles lasting quick tho? Because we do have mentions of long battles (Ryze vs Yago, Ryze vs Brand). And the World Rune ones were actually the ones being short because magical nukes > That's all.
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xKEunYin,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T14:24:12.318+0000) > > What is that supposed to mean? that's for you to figure out. > By defending against worse things than a knife I meant Brand's magical attacks (who mind you got his powers directly from a World Rune and may still have it in possesion) > now that is an impressive feat. and that indeed shows his aptitude in mage combat. > Still very impressive. And if he destroyed a Watcher, it wouldn't even have been a contest regarding if he could beat Syndra because Watchers are miles above Syndra in power. > true, however voidborn already die by hundreds each day: either due to other voidborn or other powerful beings (think of kai'sa, diana, leona ect.) to destroy a watcher would take the power of aurelion sol most likely (or nagakabouros but is don't count that one.) > Where has she ripped out magic from living beings? > out of the land around fea'lor (remember, ionia's land is filled with spirit and normal magic, and lands consist of of more than just dirt and rock) and the ghost-willow, also her act of ripping the magic from the land left it damaged permanently: the ground around fea'lor is to this day barren. > Mind any feats for Syndra's endurance? Or are you just assuming things here? > keeping a massive tower afloat for an indefinite time, including in her sleep. (so even unconscious) > What? Swain doesn't know nearly as many spells as Ryze lol > you do know that swain has access to the demon of secrets right? demons have been around far longer than ryze has ( and i don't see the demon of secrets leaving any spells lying around) > Freeing herself from a mental prison that kept her asleep isn't in any way related to absorbing lethal spells that hit her and shrugging them off. She has never done smth like that. > no she has yet to absorb any spell: however, the sleep which she was induced in was put onto her by the very spirit of ionia; i dont think that overcoming the magic of the spirit of the most magically abundant land is so easy. (it also kept her in a form of stasis) > Ryze has better reaction feats than Syndra being able to react to Brand's fire beams and block them (beams are super fast). > syndra instantly reacted to almost having a dagger shoved down her throat despite coming out of a at least multi-decennial long sleep. beams also might be fast, but they go straight: syndra's sphere's can turn and change direction on a whim. > If she hits one yes. But I doubt she would hit one before Ryze could hit a spell since the later has more experience in magical duels and reacting to things > he has more experience in general mage duels, i highly doupt that syndra falls under the category of 'usual' mage. sure he has fought other powerful mages before, but each is unique. it comes down to a game of wit and figuring out what the limits are. ryze still needs time to prepare and use spells: syndra has no such limitation (there are no incantations or sequences to go trough: syndra wills things to happen) > Mental resistance is different from physical resistance > except mental fortitude can help to dull pain by not focusing on it. > Except here there isn't 1 mage clearly stronger than the other because the gap betwen raw power is crossed by knowledge of magical spells and combat experience > > Where are mentions of magical battles lasting quick tho? Because we do have mentions of long battles (Ryze vs Yago, Ryze vs Brand). And the World Rune ones were actually the ones being short because magical nukes these are battles between incredible mages which know what there opponent is capable of: ryze know how the world runes function (to a degree) and what their influence does: brand is a slave to his own power. which makes him blind to how he is supposed to win, ryze merely blocked most of the time then forced brand into a rune prison. (ryze is unable to kill brand however, but he can stop him for a time) ryze's battle with yago is more interesting however: he is able to fight for hours against a mage whom is corrupted by the lure of the world runes (and is using some of its power) however he is exhausted afterwards: it also tells use that ryze is able to endure pain comparable to 'what felt like twenty times the power of the sun'' a gap of power might be crossed with knowledge: the question is: how much? until we know this, this debate will remain unanswered. That's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xKEunYin,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T10:57:24.309+0000) > > we are going to assume it is the same kind of tree. namely: extremely old, located in ionia, possesses immense magical power and has been revered for millennia. unless riot goes on to clear things up with syndra's lore we wont know for sure however. > > she didn't just send out schockwaves throughout the territory surrounding fea'lor: she literally drained the very magic straight out from the land itself, just like she had done with the ghost-willow. > > as for the reality warping: the sheer unleashing for her magical power made the morning sun pale. do not forget that most of syndra's magic is controlled trough her emotions: her anger at the betrayal alone started this process. > > magical defence? in the dreaming pool story sirik has about to kill syndra by cutting her throat open, only to be immediately stopped by syndra's will (and there consequently her magic) alone. this was straight after syndra awoke from her slumber aswell. Well yeah they both have magical defenses although defending against a dagger is much easier than defending against magical attacks. > the being in the video resembles a watcher more than a voidborn, as it clearly possesed higher knowledge and experience in the use of magic (it was able to probe ryze's mind for information) and it didn't die like a voidborn: voidborns leaves corpes behind, this one faded into magical dust. whether that is a result of ryze's method of defeating it, i have no clue. Riot confirmed it was a Voidborn not a Watcher. And it died that way because it exploded and desintegrated when Ryze blew it up (watch that part in slow motion) https://twitter.com/IcerDice/status/1101558373806473216 > see the comment above, also syndra's magic is said to feel incredibly oppressive and 'They seemed to swallow the scant light in the cavern, and pull at Sirik’s soul, a vile sensation of loathing and despair clutching at her' which requires extremely powerful magic in order to do so. Still I dont see how that helps against Ryze > like i said in my original comment a battle between the 2 came down to the situation: > > if they where to meet by chance and fight syndra would win, as ryze most likely would not have time to learn of her abilities and syndra is capable of lifting a large portion of a fortress for an indefinite time, so she could just fling him around like a toy, or conjure countless dark spheres and sent them towards him. (which most likely result in his death: those things seems to posses some nasty qualities.) Ryze can block the spheres and I doubt he doesnt posess some kind of defenses against being toyed around. And he can attack Syndra too you know he isnt gonna stand there like a target dummy. > however a chance meeting between the 2 seems unlikely: syndra's mere presence is oppressive, the presence of her magic more so. ryze would never approach such a person without a plan to escape, and at least having asked to local's, or even ionia's elders about her. even then he would have to use an elaborate plan to face her: as facing syndra head-on is suicide. > seeing as ryze cannot defend against a dagger in CQC while syndra merely willed one to stop: it would seem that syndra's defences are fat better than ryze's. while ryze knows more spells and ways of utilising magic: syndra is directly attuned to magic, and can therefore use magic instinctually. He defended against things far worse than daggers tho. He just made a mistake there because well, he is still human, although a very experienced human nontheless. Syndra's chances to make mistakes are higher. > a battle between mages is often decided by a decisive attack: if it succeeds the battle is pretty much over, as any wound severely hampers a mage's capability to use magic. Evidence about that last part? Not to mention usually battles betwen mages take a long time > That's all.
aw darn your one of THOSE people well, whatever. > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xKEunYin,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T12:06:24.869+0000) > > Well yeah they both have magical defenses although defending against a dagger is much easier than defending against magical attacks. > only she did not just defend against a dagger: she immediately suspended sirik in the air, and then promptly flung her into the wall, breaking and fracturing multiple bones in the process. ryze had to use physical contact to fry the dude. > Riot confirmed it was a Voidborn not a Watcher. And it died that way because it exploded and desintegrated when Ryze blew it up (watch that part in slow motion) > https://twitter.com/IcerDice/status/1101558373806473216 very well, in that case he magically overloaded a higher-ranking voidborn (which is not as impressive as a watcher unfortunately.) > > Still I dont see how that helps against Ryze > it doesn't help syndra: it merely warns ryze of her presence: her magic is extremely uncomfortable to be around with, seeing as it felt 'vile' and 'seemed to pull at her soul' for a vastaya (whom are more magically attuned than even most mages.) also, it could mean that syndra could rip the magic straight out of objects and other living beings: she has done so before. > Ryze can block the spheres and I doubt he doesnt posess some kind of defenses against being toyed around. And he can attack Syndra too you know he isnt gonna stand there like a target dummy. > of course he wont stand there as a target dummy: unfortunately for ryze syndra possesses telekinesis, which she can use to turn him into a target dummy. while he could possibly defend against this too: the battle would quickly turn into a slug fest of endurance which ryze would NEVER win. while ryze knows more spells then probably any mage on the planet (save for xerath and swain), they are still of magical nature: which syndra has shown to absorp and eventually shrug off (she managed to free herself from the dreaming pool with only a slight vision of the outside world) however the real question is: to what extend? nobody buy riot knows the extend of syndra's defence against magic. > He defended against things far worse than daggers tho. He just made a mistake there because well, he is still human, although a very experienced human nontheless. Syndra's chances to make mistakes are higher. true, syndra is more likely to make mistakes, especially due to the sheer amount of power she wields: it could easily backfire onto her if she loses control for a split second. and while ryze indeed defended successfully against things worse than daggers: if he cannot react in time he's toast regardless, in this context syndra's dark sphere could very well be the rune mage's undoing: syndra can command multiple at a whim while also sending them speeding at a alarming pace. > > Evidence about that last part? Not to mention usually battles between mages take a long time spells take focus of the mind in order to be successfully cast: losing control of a spell due to lack of focus causes it fail or misfire, fearing your own magic also makes it uncontrollable: as is seen with lux (before she meets Sylas) Ryze seems to be able to take quite some damage before collapsing, but pain from wounds can still stop him in his tracks. unfortunately i have no reference for syndra's pain tolerance (tough she did survive at least multiple decades worth of mental anguish at the hand of the dreaming pool) i would figure that a battle between 2 even mages would take a long time, however if 1 mage is clearly stronger than the other, that mage will just attempt to blow to the weaker one as soon as possible. there is no reason to drag a fight on: eventually 1 will become exhausted enough for the other to simply blow over. the only mentioned part of mage battle lasting a long time is those of the rune wars or battles between ascended beings: both ryze and syndra do not fall in these categories. (ryze will never submit to use a world rune's power. and syndra is still pushing her own boundaries) That's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xKEunYin,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-27T00:07:13.838+0000) > > as far as lore goes syndra, as a child. sucked every last drop of power (and presumably, life essence) out of the ghost-willow, a tree which shares similarities with the god-willow from Ivern's lore. so a mystical 8000+ year old tree, and promptly let her anger condense that magic in her ever-iconic dark spheres. Shares similarities doesnt mean its the same. > in her years under tutelage from konnigen (syndra's mentor) her power eventually grew so much that they started to warp reality. until the 'spirit of the land' intervened and subdued syndra in the dreaming pool for an undisclosed amount of time. Where's the reality warping part in the lore? I remember that her powers just grew out of control once sending shockwaves through the territory and the Spirit of Ionia retaliated. > ryze on the other hand has travelled with his master in search of the world runes in order to lock them away: upon his master's passing he inscribed himself with runes which altered him (hence the blue skin) and extended his life so that he could continue his work. > > despite this the [ryze:call to power video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGnZk-_R0KQ) shows that he is still capable of being harmed by even small arms such as a dagger. So is Syndra they are both glass canons although they do have magical defenses > now the void creature that ryze defeated seemed like vel'koz, but in reality is one of the frozen watchers (an creature that actually originated from the void) and was able to best it by unleashing his full power, his method was to overload the watcher with arcane energy and he was succesful tough quite exhausted afterwards. It wasn't a frozen watcher it was just a Voidborn. A high tier one that is so its still a very impressive feat cause those things are durable asf > now having talked about their respective levels of power, it is clear that syndra wins this with ease - warping reality means you have enough power to do, really just about anything. Even reality warpers have limits to some extents and Syndra hasnt shown reality warping beyond the creation of her crown. > moving on to the mental aspect: i'd say that ryze is a clear winner here. he is capable of making people trust him (despite their fear of his power and his looks) including several champions (MF, Sona and Nasus.) not only that, he is capable of withstanding the corruptive power of the world runes, which almost instantly corrupted khegan (Brand) > > syndra on the other hand seems to posses mostly negative emotions: no real wonder with her childhood. which makes her less easy to approach as well as easy to anger. (and anger leads to making mistakes) > > in other words: > > who's more powerful? {{champion:134}} > > who is more knowledgeable? {{champion:13}} Raw power isn't the only factor that determines a fight or who's more powerfull overall. Knowledge also gives you acces to more complicated spells many of which are more destructive by nature. And experience also helps a lot during 1v1 situations especially since both Syndra and Ryze, while they do have magical defenses, are glasscanons, meaning that if one of them fails to defend against the other's attack, he/she would die. Having experience in battles against mages would be very important in this situation. > who would win in a battle? depends. > > if it was a chance meeting {{champion:134}} no doubt. she could crush {{champion:13}} with her will alone. > > if both had an opportunity to prepare? {{champion:13}} , he has more knowledge and experience. > > i hope that satisfies your question. > > That's all.
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xKEunYin,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-27T06:11:03.843+0000) > > Shares similarities doesnt mean its the same. we are going to assume it is the same kind of tree. namely: extremely old, located in ionia, possesses immense magical power and has been revered for millennia. unless riot goes on to clear things up with syndra's lore we wont know for sure however. > Where's the reality warping part in the lore? I remember that her powers just grew out of control once sending shockwaves through the territory and the Spirit of Ionia retaliated. > she didn't just send out schockwaves throughout the territory surrounding fea'lor: she literally drained the very magic straight out from the land itself, just like she had done with the ghost-willow. as for the reality warping: the sheer unleashing for her magical power made the morning sun pale. do not forget that most of syndra's magic is controlled trough her emotions: her anger at the betrayal alone started this process. > So is Syndra they are both glass canons although they do have magical defenses > magical defence? in the dreaming pool story sirik has about to kill syndra by cutting her throat open, only to be immediately stopped by syndra's will (and there consequently her magic) alone. this was straight after syndra awoke from her slumber aswell. > It wasn't a frozen watcher it was just a Voidborn. A high tier one that is so its still a very impressive feat cause those things are durable asf > the being in the video resembles a watcher more than a voidborn, as it clearly possesed higher knowledge and experience in the use of magic (it was able to probe ryze's mind for information) and it didn't die like a voidborn: voidborns leaves corpes behind, this one faded into magical dust. whether that is a result of ryze's method of defeating it, i have no clue. > Even reality warpers have limits to some extents and Syndra hasn't shown reality warping beyond the creation of her crown. > see the comment above, also syndra's magic is said to feel incredibly oppressive and 'They seemed to swallow the scant light in the cavern, and pull at Sirik’s soul, a vile sensation of loathing and despair clutching at her' which requires extremely powerful magic in order to do so. > Raw power isn't the only factor that determines a fight or who's more powerfull overall. Knowledge also gives you acces to more complicated spells many of which are more destructive by nature. And experience also helps a lot during 1v1 situations especially since both Syndra and Ryze, while they do have magical defenses, are glasscanons, meaning that if one of them fails to defend against the other's attack, he/she would die. Having experience in battles against mages would be very important in this situation. like i said in my original comment a battle between the 2 came down to the situation: if they where to meet by chance and fight syndra would win, as ryze most likely would not have time to learn of her abilities and syndra is capable of lifting a large portion of a fortress for an indefinite time, so she could just fling him around like a toy, or conjure countless dark spheres and sent them towards him. (which most likely result in his death: those things seems to posses some nasty qualities.) however a chance meeting between the 2 seems unlikely: syndra's mere presence is oppressive, the presence of her magic more so. ryze would never approach such a person without a plan to escape, and at least having asked to local's, or even ionia's elders about her. even then he would have to use an elaborate plan to face her: as facing syndra head-on is suicide. seeing as ryze cannot defend against a dagger in CQC while syndra merely willed one to stop: it would seem that syndra's defences are fat better than ryze's. while ryze knows more spells and ways of utilising magic: syndra is directly attuned to magic, and can therefore use magic instinctually. a battle between mages is often decided by a decisive attack: if it succeeds the battle is pretty much over, as any wound severely hampers a mage's capability to use magic. That's all.
: Diana Procing Phage with Q
phage grants 20 MS upon basic attacking. and 60 MS upon killing a unit (can be anything really) so nothing weird going on here, just some confusion on your part. That's all.
Falrein (EUW)
: Who's more powerful - Ryze or Syndra?
as far as lore goes syndra, as a child. sucked every last drop of power (and presumably, life essence) out of the ghost-willow, a tree which shares similarities with the god-willow from Ivern's lore. so a mystical 8000+ year old tree, and promptly let her anger condense that magic in her ever-iconic dark spheres. in her years under tutelage from konnigen (syndra's mentor) her power eventually grew so much that they started to warp reality. until the 'spirit of the land' intervened and subdued syndra in the dreaming pool for an undisclosed amount of time. ryze on the other hand has travelled with his master in search of the world runes in order to lock them away: upon his master's passing he inscribed himself with runes which altered him (hence the blue skin) and extended his life so that he could continue his work. despite this the [ryze:call to power video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGnZk-_R0KQ) shows that he is still capable of being harmed by even small arms such as a dagger. now the void creature that ryze defeated seemed like vel'koz, but in reality is one of the frozen watchers (an creature that actually originated from the void) and was able to best it by unleashing his full power, his method was to overload the watcher with arcane energy and he was succesful tough quite exhausted afterwards. now having talked about their respective levels of power, it is clear that syndra wins this with ease - warping reality means you have enough power to do, really just about anything. moving on to the mental aspect: i'd say that ryze is a clear winner here. he is capable of making people trust him (despite their fear of his power and his looks) including several champions (MF, Sona and Nasus.) not only that, he is capable of withstanding the corruptive power of the world runes, which almost instantly corrupted khegan (Brand) syndra on the other hand seems to posses mostly negative emotions: no real wonder with her childhood. which makes her less easy to approach as well as easy to anger. (and anger leads to making mistakes) in other words: who's more powerful? {{champion:134}} who is more knowledgeable? {{champion:13}} who would win in a battle? depends. if it was a chance meeting {{champion:134}} no doubt. she could crush {{champion:13}} with her will alone. if both had an opportunity to prepare? {{champion:13}} , he has more knowledge and experience. i hope that satisfies your question. That's all.
: Whats it's like playing Kayle in a normal game
kayle level 1-6: an actual potato. Kayle level 6-11: an potato, who now wields a sword. kayle level 11-16: as strong as level 9 kayle pre-rework. Kayle level 16-18: finally reached hypercarry status, however this is useless as by this point even the enemy ADC will be 2 shotting you, forcing you to use ult (and waste valuable AA time) in order to surive. after which you get chain-CC'ed into the ninth circle. this is how i personally feel about reworked kayle, namely the entire rework where just concealed nerfs. such a shame. even playing leona top is bound to bring more success by this point. That's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PAZQxGpm,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-24T22:38:12.458+0000) > > i agree, for riven, i'd imaging that a standard rune page consist out of : conqueror, triumph, alacrity, coup de grace, transcendence and gathering storm, along with either adaptive force / CDR , adapative force, HP. this rune page can give you anywhere from 10-20% CDR. > > i remember back in season 5 ( playing on an older account) where CDR was this elusive stat that only tanks pretty much had reliable access to. for a mage you had to buy morellonomicon (gave AP, CDR and mana back then) but doing so sacrificed a huge portion of damage. bruiser build black cleaver, and ADC didn't have CDR at all. > > now riven back then already built black cleaver (which used to build out of the by now legendary brutalizer) which gave her 20% CDR, then she was pretty much forced to buy youmuu's ghostblade and lucidity boots to reach the 40% cap. this build left her with only BC as an item that gave her HP but left her with base armour and MR (keep in mind that back then armour and MR where more important as vayne was a contested pick due to cinderhulk meta) > > a riven nowadays? she rushes black cleaver into steraks or death's dance, and she will pick up 40% CDR somewhere along the way. since stacking HP is more efficient now due to steraks (and armour and MR being nerfed into the ground) she will get away with it. > > not only that, no longer having to rush lucidity boots allows riven to gain the utility of merc's or tabim which in turn makes her laning even stronger. > > all in all CDR itself has become a massive problem. and needs to be nerfed / put onto less damage favorable build paths. in my opinion building CDR should be the choice: do i want to burst hard? or use less damaging spells more often? > > TLDR: CDR has been powercreeped to hell and back and needs to be dealt with. > > That's all. Yeah. I agree 100% with everything you said. You used to have to manage your skillshots and actually build for CDR. Now its a free stat. Sadly i believe that Riot saw the success of URF (i never played it so i have no idea what it is) and tried to make League more like URF and Rapid Fire. The result is the mess that these last seasons have been.
> [{quoted}](name=Xalasmeni Banana,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PAZQxGpm,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-26T18:52:13.536+0000) > > Yeah. I agree 100% with everything you said. You used to have to manage your skillshots and actually build for CDR. Now its a free stat. > > Sadly i believe that Riot saw the success of URF (i never played it so i have no idea what it is) and tried to make League more like URF and Rapid Fire. > > The result is the mess that these last seasons have been. i haven't even played since season 5 (came back to league in late season 8) and the sheer shock i experienced was well, extreme. CDR was suddenly everywhere, tanks where slaughtering ADC's like there was no tomorrow (remember in season 5 the only counter to tanks where ADC's, whom tanks could almost never duel) and ADC's where kinda a dead pick until hyper-late game (which would never be reached: at 20minutes the either you or the enemy was already in their respective enemies base.) assassins where killing bruisers in 1 combo, due to lethality being dumb. mages where everywhere and their itemization now had 20% CDR as a _minimum_. Malzahar's build ludens echo, as it has 600 mana for whatever dumb reason. and ALSO gives an amazing passive + 20% CDR. malzahar, which from what i remember, used to first buy mana crystal into tear so he would have enough mana, then buy rylai's + liandry's and finish with zhonyas and morellonomicon. now? he rushes luden's (his spell shield allows him to build squishier) and just pushes lane and roams. (to great effect even, for an immobile mage like him.) mana potions? gone. as where mana issues. strategic use of mana and CD's where a thing of the past, just spam as much as you can to win lane. corruption potion exists, so even REALLY mana-hungry champs like GP wont run out. not only that, several reworks had happend: the best of them being Warwicks's who was basically visually updated and giving more couterplay, in exchange for power. irelia and akali on the other hand? not so much fair, more like overloaded to the max, this along with the gutting of Aatrox. (that current creature is not aatrox, its a riven who snuck in his skin.) in general the game was a mess compared to season 5. (for me at least) teamfights had devolved into spam-fests where aiming doesn't matter. tanks die in 2 seconds, adc's vanish in a show of flashiness of an errant support ability. mages are tanking better than tanks and are inflicting true damage to everyone whom isn't building MR (and those that do, get countered by void staff) game go quicker than ever: gold is more abundant, herald exist to farm towers and forcibly end the laning phase. meta champs are so strong compared to non-meta ones that its not even funny. indeed, the current SR meta looks more like URF than ever, but in URF there is at least fun: everything problematic has had nerfs on healing, or specially tweaked CD's to prevent bollocks, natural tenacity to prevent a total chain-stun from 1 champ. or straight dmg nerfs to begin with. all in all, season 9 is just a follow up from season 8, just an even bigger disaster, some month or so ago riot posted their balance scheme: it was based on WR and ban rate alone. what????? here's a quote from season 4 riot on balancing an (by those standard OP champ) and even admitting that using WR is a terrible idea. --------- We bet nobody saw this coming. Warwick's popularity (and subsequent insanity in the win rate department, even though we don't like using win rate as a statistic because it's loaded with so many other variables but let's not get into that) is a perfect storm of changes to preseason systems, the jungle, and the latent powers within his kit. We all know Warwick should be lowered a peg (or two. or five.), so we've decided to focus on Hunter's Call and Infinite Duress. We're going to be monitoring Warwick heavily to see if we need to go harder, but we're confident this reduces his power enough that you might actually be able to compete with him in games. 60%. Never forget. Now let's not talk about win rates again (seriously though, win rates are a correlation of game health, not a cause). ------- end quote. i think this paints a rather grim picture: riot REALLY needs to up the work at balance (and not band-aid fixes either) in order to fix this mess of a game. That's all.
Lapis (OCE)
: What's a clever thing you did in game that was completely by accident?
same goes if someone buys cinderhulk / sunfire cape / bami's cinder. if you move next to them while they are bashing your turret, it will target them (and probably inflict a large amount of damage.) its nice to see such a post tough. i wonder what other people will mention here? That's all.
: I'm starting to feel like CS doesn't even matter anymore
because killing the enemy means they cannot CS, get EXP, use runes, make plays, or get tower plates essentially killing the enemy prevents them from doing anything while you get free reign. missing a dozen CS but are still in EXP range? that lost CS doesnt matter anymore since you now have an EXP + gold lead. every level is worth about 560 gold in stats. a kill is worth 300, and CS is worth around 20 gold per CS. in other words killing the enemy and getting an level advantage is worth about 860 gold which translates to about 40+ CS. what makes this worse is all the catch-up mechanics, for a jungler if they are behind in level the jungle camps will start to give 50 EXP extra per level they are below, strangely this also goes the other way: if the jungler is levels above the camp they will get less EXP. so counterjungling while you have a lead can help you, or your enemy. The same goes for champ kills. if you get an shutdown on an enemy who's 2 levels (lets say level 12) above you with a 450 gold bounty you get: 750 gold AND 740 EXP. minions gives about 59 EXP per minion this kills was just worth 2 waves of minions EXP. but almost 6 waves of minions gold. so yeah going for CS alone wont help you, however, going for kills alone MIGHT help you but you should find the balance between the 2. That's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PAZQxGpm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-23T14:57:42.262+0000) > > the term 'hard to play' or 'skill intensive' can both be incredibly subjective: riven has combo's that people can learn to improve their performance on the champion, just like she has timings that people can practise in order to get the most out of her. > > for the rest its all knowing your timings, match-ups and build paths. _Just like any other champion_ the problem with riven lies within the way her kit interacts in general: she can abuse certain runes to an incredible degree, and her trading pattern in lane looks more like that of renekton: uninteractive and quick / decisive. > > this is not even going into her numbers: riven, for what she is supposed to do (early lane bully, mid game champ or late game? i dont know) she is too good at it. her somewhat ambiguous nature when it comes her position in the game (top laner, but good at any stage unless severely behind) and flexible kit makes her problematic. > > for a champ released in season 1 riven has a HUGE number of tools at her disposal in order to make plays, escape, trade safely, all-in and just about anything. not only that, they only have 1 condition: are they off cooldown? since riven has no resource she is allowed to spam her abilities as much as she likes. as long as she build CDR she'll be fine. > > other champions who share this nature however are far less problematic, why? because their cooldowns are read far more easily and they function a lot more simply. take Garen and renekton for example. if they start moving up to you, you know what they are gonna do and HOW they are going to do it. > > The same goes for riven but her flexibility makes her far more unpredictable: she could 1st Q in to farm minions and instantly E out, or continue by using E to reposition her and then stun you with her W and proceed to use her remaining Q cast to decimate you. > > all in all this champion is a general design and balance mess. riot should make up their mind whether she is early/mid/late strong and adjust her power accordingly or keep her neutral/good at all stages but reduce her overall power. > > unfortunately riven has a massive fan-base of OTP's and other riven mains, so riot probably wont do too much about it until her numbers really start to get out of control (like 60% WR) > > That's all Astute observations, but i believe that one big problem is that everyone plays on 40% CDR now. Riven had to buy Ionian boots and other such items that didn't help her shield / damage ratios or armour in the older days to get CDR. Now you can get tabis and still get 40% with ease Now that everyone and their mom gives CDR you don't need to manage your skills anymore. You just 200IQ spam them all day long without sacrificing your itemization path
> [{quoted}](name=Xalasmeni Banana,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PAZQxGpm,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-24T22:14:48.256+0000) > > Astute observations, but i believe that one big problem is that everyone plays on 40% CDR now. Riven had to buy Ionian boots and other such items that didn't help her shield / damage ratios or armour in the older days to get CDR. > > Now you can get tabis and still get 40% with ease > > Now that everyone and their mom gives CDR you don't need to manage your skills anymore. You just 200IQ spam them all day long without sacrificing your itemization path i agree, for riven, i'd imaging that a standard rune page consist out of : conqueror, triumph, alacrity, coup de grace, transcendence and gathering storm, along with either adaptive force / CDR , adapative force, HP. this rune page can give you anywhere from 10-20% CDR. i remember back in season 5 ( playing on an older account) where CDR was this elusive stat that only tanks pretty much had reliable access to. for a mage you had to buy morellonomicon (gave AP, CDR and mana back then) but doing so sacrificed a huge portion of damage. bruiser build black cleaver, and ADC didn't have CDR at all. now riven back then already built black cleaver (which used to build out of the by now legendary brutalizer) which gave her 20% CDR, then she was pretty much forced to buy youmuu's ghostblade and lucidity boots to reach the 40% cap. this build left her with only BC as an item that gave her HP but left her with base armour and MR (keep in mind that back then armour and MR where more important as vayne was a contested pick due to cinderhulk meta) a riven nowadays? she rushes black cleaver into steraks or death's dance, and she will pick up 40% CDR somewhere along the way. since stacking HP is more efficient now due to steraks (and armour and MR being nerfed into the ground) she will get away with it. not only that, no longer having to rush lucidity boots allows riven to gain the utility of merc's or tabim which in turn makes her laning even stronger. all in all CDR itself has become a massive problem. and needs to be nerfed / put onto less damage favorable build paths. in my opinion building CDR should be the choice: do i want to burst hard? or use less damaging spells more often? TLDR: CDR has been powercreeped to hell and back and needs to be dealt with. That's all.
: If you have fury its taken to use the second dash. You cant NOT use the fury, you have to waste it even if it hits nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=Eonslegacy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PAZQxGpm,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-24T16:44:08.873+0000) > > If you have fury its taken to use the second dash. You cant NOT use the fury, you have to waste it even if it hits nothing. That's why you use (first) E into and empowered W then Q and E away right? as long as you hit your first E you can recast, then upon the second E cast your fury is consumed (if available). and yeah you CANT not use the fury, which is why you use it to trade or escape. That's all.
: dont you dare compair that attrocity to my boi {{champion:58}} who needs a resource to manage, has only 1 dash if used defensively and it costs fury to use twice in a row.
> [{quoted}](name=Eonslegacy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PAZQxGpm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-24T16:20:56.781+0000) > > dont you dare compair that attrocity to my boi {{champion:58}} who needs a resource to manage, has only 1 dash if used defensively and it costs fury to use twice in a row. haha true, sorry for the comparison. its just that renekton's trading in lane tends to be rather uninteractive (E into empowered W into Q or empowered Q then E out). also renekton's dash doesn't cost fury to use twice though, the fury is used to shred armour riven however, for how good she is at all stages of the game, has the same uninteractive lane trading pattern: she does all of her damage while you are CC'ed and then slips out. her CC and mobility + great execute on her ult make it really hard for riven to fall off into uselessness. renekton has no such privileges however. (poort croc cant get a rest) That's all.
Laura ß (NA)
: Current state of Garen
alright, so there is a reason why garen is almost never seen in pro-play / high elo game: Garen has THE most counterpicks of all champions IN THE GAME. lemme name a few: {{champion:83}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:82}} first of all his weaknesses: engage - garen has no true way to hard engage - he relies on his enemies misposistioning and running up to them in order to damage them, either that or burning flash. burst - garen's damage is in bursts unlike other juggernauts whom all prefer longer fights, garen cannot fight for long as his cooldowns are rather long, even with 40% CDR. Conqueror - this rune is the bane of his existence - it gives the enemy healing, and provides true damage which ignores his armor/MR also it ignores his W. reliance on ignite - without ignite garen's early kill potential is non-existant outscaling - garen damage scales on levels yes, but his build path and his kit makes him far weaker late game than quite allot of the other champs. buying {{item:3036}} {{item:3135}} or your own {{item:3071}} will go far to reduce his effective tanking. all of these items are often build later in the game, which in turn softens him up to being blown up again. rune choice - garen has 3 main keystones: grasp, phase rush and predator. grasp fixes his laning, but falls off. phase rush is the best for general gameplay if you know how to abuse it, predator allows him to fix his engage problems a bit. build path - garen's build path is extremely predictable, which leads to him being easily countered. simple gameplay - garen's gameplay is VERY simple, this leaves loads of ways to outplay him / deny him. weakness to ranged - garen really suffers here, ranged champs can kite him, interrupt his passive in lane and generally scale better. kiting - garen and other juggernaut's main weakness: garen can only use his Q to try and reach you or has to burn flash / disengage. there are probably more but i think i made my point. believe me, once you get some more experience you will look back and laugh at garen, poor guy cant get any rest at all! while he might seem super OP at first, that feeling quickly fades once an ashe just completely kites you to ninth circle. if garen, at any point of the game gets out-damaged in a 1v1 then he will be completely useless for the rest of the game, this guy not only falls off hard, once he loses his lead it is gone forever. TLDR: learn the matchup and how to counter our favourite bayblade-meme-demacian. once you do that, every lane or game against him becomes freelo unless you are playing against Riste ( the only guy to OTP garen into challenger) That's all.
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: > if you must rush it so you can deal with him. While it would've helped, was my next to get item, garen wasn't the only one there and alone, without precursor items, that item is useless I have no problem in the end he won, the problem was that we couldn't deal more that 15% damage to him, all 5 of us in a 20 second fight. That's nuts when you consider he could 2v5 which is not normal at that stage of the game
> [{quoted}](name=GripaAviara,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pbOor4ea,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T16:46:16.811+0000) > > While it would've helped, was my next to get item, garen wasn't the only one there and alone, without precursor items, that item is useless > > I have no problem in the end he won, the problem was that we couldn't deal more that 15% damage to him, all 5 of us in a 20 second fight. That's nuts when you consider he could 2v5 which is not normal at that stage of the game yeah, well he was lvl 18 and full build, that combined with his natural tankiness trough his W and your karma + lux not buying void staff pretty much makes him unkillable. kha'zix and renekton might as well not bother attacking him: they both fall off harder then garen and if 1 of them is the villain they might as well not exist. not only that black cleaver only shreds 24% armor, now if this was stacked alongside a _fury empowered renekton E_ (which shreds up to 35% armour) you could have potentionally killed him. also garen is a juggernaut: he is meant to take and deal a lot of punishment, but suffers in the movement department for it, but once he catches up.... if you find yourself playing against garen as jayce: make sure you are his lane opponent, practise the match up. it is an extremely bad matchup for garen and if you take conqueror as well he might as well not exist: once garen falls behind there is no coming back for him. That's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NLEfhoYJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-23T15:15:36.667+0000) > > magic pen works multiplicative: mord has at rank 5 E 15% magic pen, void staff gives 40% pen doing the math: 0,85 X 0,6 = 0,51 you have effectively 51% of your MR value if mord buys void staff, which grants him a total of 49% magic pen. keep in mind that he can stacks this in combination with sorc shoes and morelonomicon which both have flat pen, as flat pen applies AFTER %pen (or reduction) > > so if you have 100 MR and mord has level 5 E + {{item:3135}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3165}} you have: > 100 x 0,51 (because of 49% pen) = 51 MR which then get reduced by 18 + 15 = 18 MR > > so you have 18 MR if mord stacks all of these. which is about a 16% dmg reduction. this build is only usefull in the lategame however. > > try building {{item:3194}} , this severly reduces his damage against you, especially his passive. > if you are a ADC build {{item:3139}} which allows you to cleanse the bone zone (ult) > if you are a mage build {{item:3102}} your full combo should bring him to half if he's not too far ahead. > > lastly as an assassin: stay away, you are breakfast for him. > > That's all. They nurfed it it was 25% sry > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NLEfhoYJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-23T15:15:36.667+0000) > > magic pen works multiplicative: mord has at rank 5 E 15% magic pen, void staff gives 40% pen doing the math: 0,85 X 0,6 = 0,51 you have effectively 51% of your MR value if mord buys void staff, which grants him a total of 49% magic pen. keep in mind that he can stacks this in combination with sorc shoes and morelonomicon which both have flat pen, as flat pen applies AFTER %pen (or reduction) > > so if you have 100 MR and mord has level 5 E + {{item:3135}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3165}} you have: > 100 x 0,51 (because of 49% pen) = 51 MR which then get reduced by 18 + 15 = 18 MR > > so you have 18 MR if mord stacks all of these. which is about a 16% dmg reduction. this build is only usefull in the lategame however. > > try building {{item:3194}} , this severly reduces his damage against you, especially his passive. > if you are a ADC build {{item:3139}} which allows you to cleanse the bone zone (ult) > if you are a mage build {{item:3102}} your full combo should bring him to half if he's not too far ahead. > > lastly as an assassin: stay away, you are breakfast for him. > > That's all. https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/V9.14
> [{quoted}](name=ThyDelutionist,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NLEfhoYJ,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-23T15:29:27.696+0000) > > They nurfed it it was 25% sry > > https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/V9.14 no worries, just keep an eye out for magic pen stacking - it is way more powerful than amour pen stacking. That's all.
: About mordkaiser
magic pen works multiplicative: mord has at rank 5 E 15% magic pen, void staff gives 40% pen doing the math: 0,85 X 0,6 = 0,51 you have effectively 51% of your MR value if mord buys void staff, which grants him a total of 49% magic pen. keep in mind that he can stacks this in combination with sorc shoes and morelonomicon which both have flat pen, as flat pen applies AFTER %pen (or reduction) so if you have 100 MR and mord has level 5 E + {{item:3135}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3165}} you have: 100 x 0,51 (because of 49% pen) = 51 MR which then get reduced by 18 + 15 = 18 MR so you have 18 MR if mord stacks all of these. which is about a 16% dmg reduction. this build is only usefull in the lategame however. try building {{item:3194}} , this severly reduces his damage against you, especially his passive. if you are a ADC build {{item:3139}} which allows you to cleanse the bone zone (ult) if you are a mage build {{item:3102}} your full combo should bring him to half if he's not too far ahead. lastly as an assassin: stay away, you are breakfast for him. That's all.
: the state of riven
the term 'hard to play' or 'skill intensive' can both be incredibly subjective: riven has combo's that people can learn to improve their performance on the champion, just like she has timings that people can practise in order to get the most out of her. for the rest its all knowing your timings, match-ups and build paths. _Just like any other champion_ the problem with riven lies within the way her kit interacts in general: she can abuse certain runes to an incredible degree, and her trading pattern in lane looks more like that of renekton: uninteractive and quick / decisive. this is not even going into her numbers: riven, for what she is supposed to do (early lane bully, mid game champ or late game? i dont know) she is too good at it. her somewhat ambiguous nature when it comes her position in the game (top laner, but good at any stage unless severely behind) and flexible kit makes her problematic. for a champ released in season 1 riven has a HUGE number of tools at her disposal in order to make plays, escape, trade safely, all-in and just about anything. not only that, they only have 1 condition: are they off cooldown? since riven has no resource she is allowed to spam her abilities as much as she likes. as long as she build CDR she'll be fine. other champions who share this nature however are far less problematic, why? because their cooldowns are read far more easily and they function a lot more simply. take Garen and renekton for example. if they start moving up to you, you know what they are gonna do and HOW they are going to do it. The same goes for riven but her flexibility makes her far more unpredictable: she could 1st Q in to farm minions and instantly E out, or continue by using E to reposition her and then stun you with her W and proceed to use her remaining Q cast to decimate you. all in all this champion is a general design and balance mess. riot should make up their mind whether she is early/mid/late strong and adjust her power accordingly or keep her neutral/good at all stages but reduce her overall power. unfortunately riven has a massive fan-base of OTP's and other riven mains, so riot probably wont do too much about it until her numbers really start to get out of control (like 60% WR) That's all
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: At the end of teh game yes. But he didn't need the end of the game to be like this. We couldn't damage him 15 minutes and 2 items earlier And wtf is your point really? It;s this ok to have a champion like this? I get the mechanics but that's utterly not the fking point
> [{quoted}](name=GripaAviara,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pbOor4ea,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-23T14:16:25.772+0000) > > At the end of teh game yes. But he didn't need the end of the game to be like this. We couldn't damage him 15 minutes and 2 items earlier so yuumi pretty much was attached on him from 15 mins in? i have a sneaking suspicion that those 2 where communicating / cooperating seeing as he used the shield bash rune, which is usually useless on garen. not only that it seems he crushed renekton's lane, snowballed of that into the unkillable raid boss state which most juggernauts are infamous for. next time, buy your own black cleaver, lethality / crits wont achieve anything if he builds randuins' omen (which also has a good active for garen.) communication vastly improves a teams performance, his team consisted out of 1 strong late game character (vanye) 2 strong mid game characters (garen and ahri) and a strong support (yuumi). his team clearly was communicating in order to achieve victory, and they achieved it. alternatively, buy a lord domoniks regard or mortal reminder next time, if you must rush it so you can deal with him. crit is nice and all, but it wont achieve much without a LDR or mortal reminder to punch trough 300 armour and without IE you can forget damaging someone with randuins. That's all.
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: Garen+Yummi is either bugged or something, because you cant kill him
that Garen had about 300 armor at the end of the game, combined with his spirit visage (which boosts healing received, including yuumi's) allowed him to easily tank your primarily AD comp (renekton, kha'zix and jayce) despite that he still had about 150+ MR giving him enough survivability against your lux and karma. to add up on this his 2 damage items where black cleaver and steraks gage, these 2 items alone can boost garen AD into the 250's which allows him to shred your team of primarily squishes apart. combine this with sterak's gage shield which was probably around 1500 hp worth of shielding, yuumi's healing increasing when her attached partner is on low HP and also giving them AD/AP. yeah no wonder he tore you all apart. i'm not even going into details such as the villain mechanic, or the fact he carried when he had a xin zhao who was completely AFK. your team apparently did not know how garen functions, at least not completely. also where his other teammates nearby in that last fight? that ahri and vayne could have easily sneaked in allot of damage. That's all.
Bârd (NA)
: Cosmic Insight: Potentially very strong, but you'll need to dedicate your entire build to it, which isn't always ideal. Spellbook: The swap persists. You can take ignite for lane dominance, then swap to TP for split pushing, then swap to Ghost for teamfights. Enchanted Shroud: Wouldn't have much impact in low elo IMO; hiding from the minimap doesn't change anything if people don't ward or look at it. Hexflash: Yeah pretty much. Only really significant for Alistar. Magical Footwear: Incredible lategame, but it does absolutely nothing early on. Perfect Timing: Maybe I'm biased as a Bard/Zilean player, but I'd use the shit out of it. Future's market: Values are based on the bounty of a melee minion. They give roughly 60 XP and 20 gold. Oracle: Definitely could, but it won't always work. If somebody else dies (on either team), you don't get your bounty. Interest: Yes and no. More money is great, but if you spend money you don't get anything. Auric Lens: Certainly good on supports, but the other options could be better. Homeward: Empowered recall is its own spell, and is not enhanced further. Spirit Projection: Not ward cast range, general cast range. Morg can shield people from further away, Blitz can hook people from further, Rakan can actually use his heal in the laning stage. Thanks for the feedback!
> [{quoted}](name=Bârd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uYloY7ew,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-23T00:22:07.310+0000) > > Cosmic Insight: Potentially very strong, but you'll need to dedicate your entire build to it, which isn't always ideal. > > Spellbook: The swap persists. You can take ignite for lane dominance, then swap to TP for split pushing, then swap to Ghost for teamfights. > > Enchanted Shroud: Wouldn't have much impact in low elo IMO; hiding from the minimap doesn't change anything if people don't ward or look at it. > > Hexflash: Yeah pretty much. Only really significant for Alistar. > > Magical Footwear: Incredible lategame, but it does absolutely nothing early on. > > Perfect Timing: Maybe I'm biased as a Bard/Zilean player, but I'd use the shit out of it. > > Future's market: Values are based on the bounty of a melee minion. They give roughly 60 XP and 20 gold. > > Oracle: Definitely could, but it won't always work. If somebody else dies (on either team), you don't get your bounty. > > Interest: Yes and no. More money is great, but if you spend money you don't get anything. > > Auric Lens: Certainly good on supports, but the other options could be better. > > Homeward: Empowered recall is its own spell, and is not enhanced further. > > Spirit Projection: Not ward cast range, general cast range. Morg can shield people from further away, Blitz can hook people from further, Rakan can actually use his heal in the laning stage. > > Thanks for the feedback! well that certainly clears things up. so let me also clear things up Cosmic insight: basically only useful on a riven or garen building 6 black cleavers or spear of shojins, at which point they will enter URF mode and completely degrade general gameplay because their (relatively) careful balance has just been thrown out of the window. Spellbook: nothing wrong with this one, keep in mind that the current one (which is stronger than your version) has a very low playrate. (due to damage being more important over utility. Enchanted shroud: true, but low ELO players have a hard enough time to keep track of their enemies, this just makes it worse (combine with invisibility for 3x the fun!) also, broke in high ELO / pro play because again, it makes warding the enemy jungle useless as players cannot look away from their champ, they can at most check the minimap. hexflash: thresh, alistar, annie, blitzcrank... these champs come to mind whom would run this. magical footwear: late-game only items can be very powerful. but you would have to reach it first... perfect timing: yeah, lissandra, swain, kennen. some other come to mind whom would also abuse this. Future's market: the problem is that level ups clock in at an average 560 gold worth, which converted to xp would be 1680 xp which is a level up, which also grants a skill point, so this is kinda pointless. it only becomes more efficient at levels 16-18 (at which point you want to become max level so that all your abilities are max rank.). oracle: seems fine, could backfire, could set you ahead. interest: if you have 500 gold in your bank you gain 10 extra gold, this stacks up quickly, and some items have high combine cost, leadign to large amounts of gold made. extra gold is always good as it accelerates champions in general. this is why i think it is OP auric lens: so yeah an amazing support rune, but because vision is so powerful this would definitively be a balance issue. (the team who is ahead gets to ward large portions of the map almost uncontested.) homeward: ah ok. yeah than this seems fair. spirit projection: WHAAAT? 150 range is the same as rapidfire cannon, and the more targeted spell a champ has the more abusive this gets, can you envision annie or malzahar running around with this? despite all of that i would love to test these! unfortunately riot doesn't let us test our own proposed balance changes. (or create truly custom games for that matter.) That's all.
Bârd (NA)
: A rehash of the Inspiration tree to better capture the idea of breaking the game's rules.
wow, well that's one way to completely wreck the normal game rules. though these runes seem to be more designed to generally screw with rules and no particular role or class in tought lemme give some critique on this. so first of all there seems to be no focus on a class or role, the most role-oriented thing i see here is the _beyond_ category, with 2 possible enhancements to warding (1 making it safer to ward due to range increase, the other making warding entire portion of the map more realistic.) with that out of the way lets move on to the keystones: - cosmic insight: with CDR stacking multiplicative instead of additive this rune can easily turn an character into a late-game monstrosity, provided that any early CDR gets to be less effective(as this effect only becomes useful at 50% CDR providing about 41% CDR at that point but capable of a maximum of 73.8% CDR with like 6 BC or something) - unsealed spellbook: seems like a nerf compared to the current version. - Enchanted shroud : this will be a low-elo nightmare and general balance issue, almost any jungler can pick this to make warding in the enemy jungle useless, or abuse it by making ganks almost unavoidable. now onto _contraption_ - Hextech flashtraption: almost unchanged, but the addition of not having to run flash already to use it could make it more versatile (if it wasn't for the fact that almost EVERY champ EVER takes flash regardless of role/position) - Magical footwear: again, a late-game monstrosity, but this will probably see little use outside of ADC's (whom almost always go precision + sorcery secondary) as opening up another item slot while keeping the boots effect is VERY powerful in the ultra-late game. - perfect timing: seems alright, but is only useful on champs running zhonyas or GA onto _tomorrow_ - Future's market: 3 exp for 1 gold? XP is worth way more than gold, and by the time you reach level 18 your pretty much full build anyway, this rune would NEVER be considerable for using due to XP value. - oracle: could be abused to guarantee an XP advantage over your lane opponent, then again, might be a bit too niche to pick up? - interest: OP, generating more gold is broke as hell and the reason why few champ even have access to it, currently only Cull is able to generate additional gold (not talking about support items they are meant for a role that will never truly farm minions) and TF and GP are also able to do it, accelerating builds even harder on champs like Draven seems like a terrible idea. lastly _beyond_ - auric lens : must pick on supports due to sight range increase and max ward limit increase but useless on other roles. - homeward: could be very powerful on rakan & xayah combo, otherwise could make baron recall broken (0.5 seconds recall yikes!) - Spirit projection: this is ward cast range right? unfortunately for warding this rune is outclassed by auric lens. regardless great work these look like interesting runes to pick! and the actually break rules n' stuff. i will look forward to your next set of runes. That's all.
: NERF OLAF
its olaf, his W gives 14% lifesteal at rank 1 his Q is a spammable slow / aoe damage. his passive makes him AA more the lower his HP his, so he quite literally lifestealed trough your combo. either that or he dodge everything / you missed everything. That's all
GenoXx (NA)
: It was the most popular fan theory. I'm not too surprised they chose to do it first, but i'm glad it's done though.
better some closure than none at all right? well we'll just have to sit and wait till more stories (and not those marvel comics they are merely build-ups) come around, for me personally, both jinx's short story (wedding crasher) and paint the town already hooked me into waiting for more. both also told me a bit about jinx's character (behind all the explosions and fun) we'll see, that's for sure. That's all.
Jinxalot (NA)
: Arcane Comet vs Aery -- More Damage?
depends on your proximity near an enemy champion, as aery's CD is based on a flat amount + travel time. while Comet's CD can be reduced to landing abilities but the base CD is longer. lastly comet can miss, it is recommended to take comet if you have CC. if aery can proc 3-2 times for every comet proc, eary wins. else, comet wins. in other words: take comet for champs who like to stay on range and have slows or CC attached to their abilities. take aery if you have DOTS or like staying close. That's all.
GenoXx (NA)
: To add to what CaptainMarvelous said about teased plot points...
they actually already finished a story: {{champion:92}} and {{champion:157}} these 2 have settled their respective problem with eachother and have gone on to live on. (riven was allowed to live within Ionia, yasuo was cleared of his crime's and also allowed to live in Ionia again.) effectively, these 2 stories have already come to an conclusion, and are furthermore just side characters, unless they add a new chapter to their stories where they are both main characters. That's all
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WbBfO65N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T20:16:16.706+0000) > Also the Revive made him toxic in SoloQ and pick/bann in Pro Play. I dunno where all the people now come from, who don't even fucking play Aatrox and hurr durr me complain hurr durrr on the boards and reddit. And while talking about old Aatrox, his Ult denied his Passive too, denying it and most of the time you just die again right after you got up. Entirely pointless.
i dunno where these ppl come from, and to the OP: yeah aatrox was skinned and someone else crawled into his skin, started calling himself 'aatrox', this has happend before, the first champ to be truly replaced was {{champion:14}} , {{champion:78}} followed a season later, both of these where reworked because their kits had little cohesion / did no longer fit the game properly, or in Poppy's case could never be viable lest she be a pick/ban. riot's reasoning to reworking {{champion:266}} has been met with countless critisism, and will continue to do so, just like old sion and poppy mains. will continue to complain about their champs. so get over it. That's all
: How many times do I have to respond to this. His Revive wasn't his Identity, never on the pre Rework, nor on this Rework. It was always about being a drain tank.
yeah, the revive often didn't even help you stay alive, because: A: your surrounded by enemies, and chain CC is a thing B: you already got your fountain ticket. c: the revive wasn't nessecary the revive only helped Aatrox to snowball, making shutting him down almost pointless because his draining is so high and he'll revive anyway. removing this mechanic now allows for players to correctly shut down Aatrox even if he gets a takedown during his ult. Oh btw old aatrox's revive was worse then the current one. (healed a flat amount, not based on %max HP and didn't allow you to walk around) if anything it allowed old Aatrox to survive during the laning phase or during a dive. and served little purpose beyong that. That's all
arowin242 (EUW)
: absolutely, another problem is that keystones aren't anywhere NEAR the same power level as each other, same goes for minor runes / stat runes. per example: why use fleet footwork when you can abuse lethal tempo on AA champs and conqueror on melee's or PTA on on-hit champs / early bullying. the attack speed rune is so good, just about any champ wants it (unless they use AP) little runes are also too important, things like biscuit, manaflow band, TRIUMPH. these are just a few, runes like future's market, approach velocity, overheal, presence of mind, unfliching are all VERY powerful, but others are simply more applicable / grant more direct power, which is preferred over actual good utility. and there we are: utility, what runes actually should be. the rune + mastery system before season 6 where merely small stat increments to help farming, get a bit of CDR on champs whom usually dont buy it. get more tanky early. ect. (or ofc the now-infamous 1% crit rune) playing with incorrect runes puts you at a disadvantage GREATER than playing without runes in season 5 did. this is ridiculous: the power budget for each champ has gone completely out of control which allows champs with enough tools in their kits to abuse things to degree's that where never intended to be exploited that way. i look forward to discussing with you possibilities to balance current runes instead of straight up removing them: that would have to be the last option. That's all.
good wording and yes those are real problems that the game is facing, just like older champs (teemo, garen, wukong, ect.) needing some desperate work in order to make them better to play as / against. unfortunately it seems that the underlying problems are just amplified by the current rune system, this and riot repeated showing of only caring about the pro scene has made a great disconnect between riot and the actual customers. per example: previous week a VERY interesting document was posted on the boards, an 80-page long powerpoint about possible balance changes to non-summoners rift gamemodes. this document had tons of possible changes that would breath new life into those game modes, pulling in more players and attention towards this game in general. here's the [link](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/E2ikbKET-proposal-twisted-treeline-gameplay-update-new-game-mode-more-riot-mort-meddler) these changes are revolutionary, but they will most likely never see the light of the day, much to my shame to admit it: riot does not care about both treeline and dominion any more. as for the 2 elephants in the room as to speak of them: the first is a problem that ties into the game state in general, if defensive items are more effective than offensive, games will last too long, due to unkillable tank sitting in front of a tower and making it impossible to take. alternatively (and what we see now) have more effectiveness in offensive power / diverting defensive into offence makes games too quick: matches are effectively decided before they start, or the moment first blood is taken. offensive being better then defensive also leads to champions with more tools in there kit (riven,akali, irelia) being highly contested picks because they can exploit offensive items in different ways. other champs such as garen might have stronger individual tools, but lacks flexibility to do anything meaningful with them. Riot's disability to address this factor is blatant. despite that even RIOT is forced to rip out tools from champion's kit: akali lost her heal and is about to lose true stealth, irelia lost her disarm and total dmg reduction AND shield-breaker. despite that they are STILL viable and contested picks! which leads to the question: was removing those mechanics a solution? NO! for every mechanic they remove they shift power also back into the kit, by buffing stats, damages, ratios ect. these champs are consistently problems in balancing, and if they stay will continue to get nerfed to, indeed end up so bad that not even their OP mechanics will save them. this is also where there is a disconnect between new and old riot: about a month or so ago riot released their nerf/buff scheme: it was completely based on winrates. now take this quote form late-season 4 riot: We bet nobody saw this coming. Warwick's popularity (and subsequent insanity in the win rate department, even though we don't like using win rate as a statistic because it's loaded with so many other variables but let's not get into that) is a perfect storm of changes to preseason systems, the jungle, and the latent powers within his kit. We all know Warwick should be lowered a peg (or two. or five.), so we've decided to focus on Hunter's Call and Infinite Duress. We're going to be monitoring Warwick heavily to see if we need to go harder, but we're confident this reduces his power enough that you might actually be able to compete with him in games. 60%. Never forget. Now let's not talk about win rates again (seriously though, win rates are a correlation of game health, not a cause). end quote. (this was a quote on a heavy nerf on old WW, reducing ult damage by 100 each rank and reducing his E duration by 4 seconds.) i think this speaks for itself.
: To be fair, I don't know if it's actually Ghostcrawler's fault or not. I don't work at RIOT, and can't say whose fault it truly is with any certainty. What I said above is still my belief regardless. We need not discuss this further. It's true that runes reforged synergize too well with specific champions while leaving others weak. My main problem with them lies elsewhere--the raw power they provide, and how damage focused they are. Current keystones give roughly the power of a champion passive, while minor runes give incredibly significant bonuses as well. On paper this isn't necessarily a negative, however when coupled with the minor runes it's just too much power. I had a brutal experience the other day where I didn't put a single rune in one of my trees and was defaulted to Glacial Augment Inspiration primary with Resolve secondary on Vel'Koz. The difference between that and how it normally feels to play the champion is simply staggering. Way too much power in runes ATM.
absolutely, another problem is that keystones aren't anywhere NEAR the same power level as each other, same goes for minor runes / stat runes. per example: why use fleet footwork when you can abuse lethal tempo on AA champs and conqueror on melee's or PTA on on-hit champs / early bullying. the attack speed rune is so good, just about any champ wants it (unless they use AP) little runes are also too important, things like biscuit, manaflow band, TRIUMPH. these are just a few, runes like future's market, approach velocity, overheal, presence of mind, unfliching are all VERY powerful, but others are simply more applicable / grant more direct power, which is preferred over actual good utility. and there we are: utility, what runes actually should be. the rune + mastery system before season 6 where merely small stat increments to help farming, get a bit of CDR on champs whom usually dont buy it. get more tanky early. ect. (or ofc the now-infamous 1% crit rune) playing with incorrect runes puts you at a disadvantage GREATER than playing without runes in season 5 did. this is ridiculous: the power budget for each champ has gone completely out of control which allows champs with enough tools in their kits to abuse things to degree's that where never intended to be exploited that way. i look forward to discussing with you possibilities to balance current runes instead of straight up removing them: that would have to be the last option. That's all.
Syvwulf (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GENnfzFo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-15T08:53:45.232+0000) > > play more games, go solo lanes like mid (where malzahar is most often played) and learn the matchups. > a good thing about malzahar is that he will always be viable, suppression is the strongest form of CC in the game, so much so that most players are forced to buy the 1300 gold quicksilver sash in order to counter malzahar. > ----------------- > when laning you generally want to be farming with your auto attacks while using your abilities to poke the enemy down. after level 6-7 use a combo of E W Q to push the wave and leave lane to assist your jungler or other lanes. > > your Q is an AOE silence -> prevents enemies from using abilities it also refreshes his E duration, causing it to do more damage. > > your W spawns minions, these do increased damage to minions afflicted by your E and will also prioritize E or ULT victims. > > your E is a damage over time which is refreshed by your Q and ULT, if the afflicted target dies, you restore some mana and it jumps to another nearby target. > > your ULT spawns a zone underneath the targeted enemy which burns for a % of their HP + the direct ult damage, it is counter by quicksilver sash however. this is the strongest lockdown ability in the game, be dont be afraid to use it if a serious threat jumps you or your ADC. > ---------------- > > malzahar enjoys damage over time, building {{item:3116}} and {{item:3151}} will significantly improve your damage (to the point of 1 combo almost becoming fatal) {{item:3020}} helps against low magic resist but {{item:3158}} reduce your cooldowns faster. generally speaking, rylai's + liandry's are your CORE items (you will want to buy them every match) > > malzahar has some mana issues, buying an early {{item:3802}} fixes this, you can upgrade it to {{item:3285}} for more direct power or {{item:3030}} to slow down enemies or lastly {{item:3003}} for more late-game power. > > if you are playing against a AD opponent {{champion:91}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:157}} (come to mind) build {{item:3191}} for armor + AP, this helps mitigate some early damage and upgrades into {{item:3157}} which is an amazing item. > > against an AP matchup {{champion:105}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:69}} ect. you will want to buy an early {{item:1033}} and upgrade it into {{item:3102}} which gives you an ADDITIONAL spell shield (blocks first spell that hits completely) and provides magic resist against their damage. > > this is about as much advice as i'm willing to write right now, its up to you to experiment and experience what works best for you / what your team needs. > > on a final note never use an overlay or a third-party software to automatically build your items, or level skills. learning and understanding yourself will allow you to reflect upon yourself and improve, and that is what counts. furthermore good luck and have fun. > > That's all. Thanks so much! This is going to be so helpful! I really, really appreciate it! Thank you so much for taking your time to write all this for me! I'll definitely put all this to use! :)
> [{quoted}](name=Syvwulf,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GENnfzFo,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-15T08:58:24.151+0000) > > Thanks so much! This is going to be so helpful! I really, really appreciate it! Thank you so much for taking your time to write all this for me! I'll definitely put all this to use! :) you're welcome.
: I completely agree that it started to be noticed in season 5. However, the game was still fun during this season. It wasn't until the keystone additions in season 6 that the game REALLY started to spiral downwards IMO. After the changes to the talent trees in WoW, the very next expansion after Ghostcrawler took over, I attribute the entirety of the rune/mastery changes to that dude, rather than Tencent's acquisition.
yeah season 5 was fun, running around as an 6000HP sion, with 200+amror and MR was hilarious. (eating 1500 damage nidalee spears however, not so much.) lets not begin talking about whom did what. season 6 masteries where fun, but horribly unbalanced, this combined with various reworks and the preseason 6 patch (5.22) made for a bad game state. this trend has continued on, and will continue on if PBE changes are anything to talk about. currently some runes massively favour certain types of champions or playstyles or in general have too much synergy with some build. this causes that only about 40 out of the 140+ champs are actually viable. increasing variety would be a good step to take in order to improve league's situation. That's all.
Syvwulf (NA)
: Very new player, I really like playing Malzahar, and I would love some tips
play more games, go solo lanes like mid (where malzahar is most often played) and learn the matchups. a good thing about malzahar is that he will always be viable, suppression is the strongest form of CC in the game, so much so that most players are forced to buy the 1300 gold quicksilver sash in order to counter malzahar. ----------------- when laning you generally want to be farming with your auto attacks while using your abilities to poke the enemy down. after level 6-7 use a combo of E W Q to push the wave and leave lane to assist your jungler or other lanes. your Q is an AOE silence -> prevents enemies from using abilities it also refreshes his E duration, causing it to do more damage. your W spawns minions, these do increased damage to minions afflicted by your E and will also prioritize E or ULT victims. your E is a damage over time which is refreshed by your Q and ULT, if the afflicted target dies, you restore some mana and it jumps to another nearby target. your ULT spawns a zone underneath the targeted enemy which burns for a % of their HP + the direct ult damage, it is counter by quicksilver sash however. this is the strongest lockdown ability in the game, be dont be afraid to use it if a serious threat jumps you or your ADC. ---------------- malzahar enjoys damage over time, building {{item:3116}} and {{item:3151}} will significantly improve your damage (to the point of 1 combo almost becoming fatal) {{item:3020}} helps against low magic resist but {{item:3158}} reduce your cooldowns faster. generally speaking, rylai's + liandry's are your CORE items (you will want to buy them every match) malzahar has some mana issues, buying an early {{item:3802}} fixes this, you can upgrade it to {{item:3285}} for more direct power or {{item:3030}} to slow down enemies or lastly {{item:3003}} for more late-game power. if you are playing against a AD opponent {{champion:91}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:157}} (come to mind) build {{item:3191}} for armor + AP, this helps mitigate some early damage and upgrades into {{item:3157}} which is an amazing item. against an AP matchup {{champion:105}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:69}} ect. you will want to buy an early {{item:1033}} and upgrade it into {{item:3102}} which gives you an ADDITIONAL spell shield (blocks first spell that hits completely) and provides magic resist against their damage. this is about as much advice as i'm willing to write right now, its up to you to experiment and experience what works best for you / what your team needs. on a final note never use an overlay or a third-party software to automatically build your items, or level skills. learning and understanding yourself will allow you to reflect upon yourself and improve, and that is what counts. furthermore good luck and have fun. That's all.
: > [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=YFjR6hP3,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-07-14T11:09:57.283+0000) > > Morde is a...ok, no, that definitely won't fucking work. xD He is saving all the lost souls ....in a sense :P
''i shun the natural cycle, so that all may be preserved''
: Ah. I missed the part where you said "top lane meta" in your other post. Can't argue with any of your distinctions then. As for the Tencent acquisition, yes. It was a majority stake in 2011, then they bought the remaining shares for complete ownership in 2015.
no problem man, and yeah the complete ownership change in 2015 was noticeable with the ekko's launch, and the infamous juggernaut and 5.22 patches. i personally think that 2015 was the point that league's quality took a big dip. That's all.
Show more

arowin242

Level 70 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion