: junglers stole graves from botlane taliyah from mid and all other sorts of champs though
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Hushtail,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=30M0axVz,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-19T18:10:14.821+0000) > > junglers stole graves from botlane taliyah from mid and all other sorts of champs though If riot actually made some champions for the jungle then maybe we wouldn't have to?
Dynikus (NA)
: > Say what you will but the most recent jungler that was released was on the 12th of July 2017 which was Kayn ok buddy {{champion:517}} {{champion:246}} {{champion:518}}
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=30M0axVz,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-19T17:43:35.244+0000) > > ok buddy > {{champion:517}} {{champion:246}} {{champion:518}} None of these champions were made for the jungle, they were never released for being intended in the jungle, Champions are unintentionally diverse. Riot never said "Okay its been a while, maybe we should consider making a jungler".
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Sénior,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-09-10T16:30:04.565+0000) > > Maybe a south African server is too specific, rather an African server, just one, for our whole continent. you guys say playing with over 200ms isnt an issue but i dont think you see the many other issues that come along with it. for instance, to keep a playable 200ms you need to have really solid internet, which down here is expensive. when you spike from 30ms - 60ms, its not a game changer, going from 200ms-400ms however leaves us getting banned and reported for being afk and playing worse. we dont need 15ms, we just need something that isnt 1/5 of a second worth of a delay so that we can atleast play the game somewhat competitively. > > > Because many complain it will be too expensive, just think of it like this, we dont need a server like EUW, where it is designed and manufactured to handle millions at once, we just need one to handle the community. and although there isnt the biggest player base here, it is growing, and i know many people who adore the game but refrain to play it due to over 200ms. > > Stop saying you can play at 200ms, or that the worlds best players can get high elo, of course they can, they are the best. this thread isnt about that, and if you cant understand that then go read the name of it again, slowly. > > I personally have spent around R500 on the game, ($50), and at least would like to know if we are even being seen in their community as important 4mb line is more stable than your 20mb to 70mb lines. shocking right? I'm sure it is. so no you don't have to get the most elite Internet to have a stable ping it'll just let you patch faster. look guys I've got too many unique data points that you have to consider to be taken seriously. the ping is not stopping you from being competitive in the game. there is no speed wobble on your line that will put your ping at 400ms that's just your isp throttling you. anyone in the world gets throttled by their isp, having our own server isn't going to change that. like lol you can't even convince me, a south African, to get you a server based on your demands so obviously no one else will even consider hearing you unless they're some feels over facts person.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-09-10T16:40:43.070+0000) > > 4mb line is more stable than your 20mb to 70mb lines. > shocking right? I'm sure it is. > so no you don't have to get the most elite Internet to have a stable ping it'll just let you patch faster. > > look guys I've got too many unique data points that you have to consider to be taken seriously. the ping is not stopping you from being competitive in the game. > there is no speed wobble on your line that will put your ping at 400ms that's just your isp throttling you. > anyone in the world gets throttled by their isp, having our own server isn't going to change that. > > like lol you can't even convince me, a south African, to get you a server based on your demands so obviously no one else will even consider hearing you unless they're some feels over facts person. Please stop commenting on this thread, thank you.
: Are South African Servers Even Being Considered?
Please stop commenting on this thread, thank you.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T10:39:03.211+0000) > > you don't actually want a server, it's ok. > go bother someone else now. I'll say this again, if you are too arrogant to comprehend the fact that ping does affect competitive play then please no longer comment or give your illogical points on this thread, thank you.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T10:16:00.510+0000) > > flyerbek at 200 ping though. > i have you covered here. > so stfu I'll say this again, if you are too arrogant to comprehend the fact that ping does affect competitive play then please lo longer comment or give your illogical points on this thread, thank you.
: said this before, i'll say it again, unless you are playing yasuo or cassio, none of the champions care what your ping is. they only care that it's stable and not jumping up and down on the delta.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-10T10:08:10.809+0000) > > said this before, i'll say it again, unless you are playing yasuo or cassio, none of the champions care what your ping is. > they only care that it's stable and not jumping up and down on the delta. I'll say this again, if you are too arrogant to comprehend the fact that ping does affect competitive play then please lo longer comment or give your illogical points on this thread, thank you.
: > [{quoted}](name=daddy dobby,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T09:56:42.511+0000) > > Your argument is invalid if anything if you ever experienced ping bellow 50 compared to 200. As a current South African who is also living and playing here I can say ping does matter. i've experienced 80ms. it's aight but it's not a game changer. the only ms barrier that is worth breaking is 25ms, anything north of that and you're just clutching at empty gains. faker finds anything north of 25 unplayable lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd3nK09seG0 here btw, dyrus smurfing on EUW from NA. he climbs just fine. i think you should get the fuck over it.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T10:03:16.690+0000) > > i've experienced 80ms. > it's aight but it's not a game changer. > the only ms barrier that is worth breaking is 25ms, anything north of that and you're just clutching at empty gains. > faker finds anything north of 25 unplayable lol. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd3nK09seG0 > > here btw, dyrus smurfing on EUW from NA. > he climbs just fine. > i think you should get the fuck over it. Again, there is a huge difference between 200 and 130ms, to even argue that it doesnt affect competitive play is arrogant and ilogical. Please find another thread to plague since the point of this thread was not to discuss if ping affects game play, if you don't understand that much then I'd rather keep your illogical points and opinion to yourself as it is misleading and no true.
: > [{quoted}](name=daddy dobby,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T09:45:41.797+0000) > > Are you absolutely brain dead, the entire reason for the creation of a new server is because to my understanding, that is the only way to improve ping, and don't you dare go on to say that we will never be happy with anything unless we are getting bellow 25 ms, we are asking for anything better. As a South African who has a 70MB line I can confirm that our internet speed does not have an affect on ping past a certain point since i still get a minimal ping of 195 ms. Congrats you live in Europe and have a server and still can't climb with a good ping, I'm sorry that I would like the same opportunity as you. i live in south africa, the ping doesn't matter. read the post you responded so much later to it anyway
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T09:54:07.058+0000) > > i live in south africa, the ping doesn't matter. > read the post you responded so much later to it anyway Your argument is invalid if anything if you ever experienced ping bellow 50 compared to 200. As a current South African who is also living and playing here I can say ping does matter.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=daddy dobby,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-09T22:35:46.317+0000) > > I would argue that they have enough to support a country like South Africa as they do with the servers in Oceania however if having a server for South Africa isn't an option for lowering ping for South African players then what is the answer? What can we do? Is riot keeping us in mind? You can move somewhere with better infrastructure. Seriously. That's the solution. You don't always get what you want in life, especially when you're asking others to lose money to give you it.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T00:18:33.641+0000) > > You can move somewhere with better infrastructure. > > Seriously. That's the solution. You don't always get what you want in life, especially when you're asking others to lose money to give you it. Moving is not always a solution, and its not about asking riot to throw away money, there are business opportunities in South Africa for ES-ports, tournaments and League related content to flourish as other gaming companies such as dota 2, counter strike, fortnite and apex legends have all realized yet there is still no sign of League of Legends in South Africa when it actually has a community here. Moving somewhere with better infrastructure would suggest moving out of the country as a whole, to suggest completely changing life styles and moving everything you own is a solution is extremely arrogant.
: > [{quoted}](name=daddy dobby,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-09T22:33:34.199+0000) > > If you have ever played from 200 to 30 ping you can tell there is a difference, please don't even begin to try and argue this. but there's an SA account in challenger, with minimum 180-176 ping. and i know there's at least diamond NA account across the pond that aren't transfers but have been climbing on the EUW server since their creation. so what do you know? the NA to EUW accounts would have 120-150 ping pending which coast they're on. people that i know btw. so you gotta wake up and smell the coffee for a bit, there's more to this than you know. oh just for posterity, i play on 200 ping, no i'm not going to make challenger if you give me 0ms i'll just idle one division higher. you guys who moan about ping this or ping that, unless you are getting below 25ms you aren't making any real gains or losses on ping, the main thing you want from you ping is that it run at a stable number unless you have a lower speed line like a 4mb. but whatever ya'll will look for any excuse to not be bad at the game as though the pareto principle cannot apply to you.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T01:43:36.880+0000) > > but there's an SA account in challenger, with minimum 180-176 ping. > and i know there's at least diamond NA account across the pond that aren't transfers but have been climbing on the EUW server since their creation. > so what do you know? > the NA to EUW accounts would have 120-150 ping pending which coast they're on. > people that i know btw. > so you gotta wake up and smell the coffee for a bit, there's more to this than you know. > > oh just for posterity, i play on 200 ping, no i'm not going to make challenger if you give me 0ms i'll just idle one division higher. > you guys who moan about ping this or ping that, unless you are getting below 25ms you aren't making any real gains or losses on ping, the main thing you want from you ping is that it run at a stable number unless you have a lower speed line like a 4mb. > but whatever ya'll will look for any excuse to not be bad at the game as though the pareto principle cannot apply to you. Are you absolutely brain dead, the entire reason for the creation of a new server is because to my understanding, that is the only way to improve ping, and don't you dare go on to say that we will never be happy with anything unless we are getting bellow 25 ms, we are asking for anything better. As a South African who has a 70MB line I can confirm that our internet speed does not have an affect on ping past a certain point since i still get a minimal ping of 195 ms. Congrats you live in Europe and have a server and still can't climb with a good ping, I'm sorry that I would like the same opportunity as you.
Kanzler (NA)
: As you can probably imagine, the security costs to protect the building/servers would be astronomical. Without that, the servers would be stolen within a week.
> [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-09T18:25:07.000+0000) > > As you can probably imagine, the security costs to protect the building/servers would be astronomical. Without that, the servers would be stolen within a week. As i said, we can keep the servers in my house so its gucci.
rujitra (NA)
: Keep in mind that there's a lot more than just "running servers". To run a dedicated server requires a lot of things: * The actual servers (equipment), including backups. * A place to *put* offices and the servers - this doesn't have to be huge, but it can't be microscopic either. This will be probably the biggest ongoing charge. * Support staff for player issues specific to the region * Riot staff to run the equipment/infrastructure/manage/hire/etc. * Travel for staff to/from the US for various reasons * And many more costs that we probably don't think of. Riot wouldn't necessarily *need* to break even just on ZA customers - they could usually break even from surrounding countries (ex: NA has Canada and quite a few Mexico players, JP has players in Asia who want an official Riot server, as does OCE, etc.) - the problem is that aside from the relatively affluent ZA, there's hardly a large contingent of potential players in the region that would use the servers. Even the people in nearby countries with computers and with the time to spend on a video game would potentially run into power/infratructure issues outside their control - so it's *quite* limited, and unlike in some regions, growth in Africa in terms of development of infrastructure and technology is not very fast at all. So the question really is - does Riot have enough playerbase **right now** who would use that server to justify it? I think the answer is quite obviously no, without even knowing any real numbers.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-09T17:56:06.369+0000) > > Keep in mind that there's a lot more than just "running servers". To run a dedicated server requires a lot of things: > > * The actual servers (equipment), including backups. > * A place to *put* offices and the servers - this doesn't have to be huge, but it can't be microscopic either. This will be probably the biggest ongoing charge. > * Support staff for player issues specific to the region > * Riot staff to run the equipment/infrastructure/manage/hire/etc. > * Travel for staff to/from the US for various reasons > * And many more costs that we probably don't think of. > > Riot wouldn't necessarily *need* to break even just on ZA customers - they could usually break even from surrounding countries (ex: NA has Canada and quite a few Mexico players, JP has players in Asia who want an official Riot server, as does OCE, etc.) - the problem is that aside from the relatively affluent ZA, there's hardly a large contingent of potential players in the region that would use the servers. Even the people in nearby countries with computers and with the time to spend on a video game would potentially run into power/infratructure issues outside their control - so it's *quite* limited, and unlike in some regions, growth in Africa in terms of development of infrastructure and technology is not very fast at all. > > So the question really is - does Riot have enough playerbase **right now** who would use that server to justify it? I think the answer is quite obviously no, without even knowing any real numbers. I would argue that they have enough to support a country like South Africa as they do with the servers in Oceania however if having a server for South Africa isn't an option for lowering ping for South African players then what is the answer? What can we do? Is riot keeping us in mind?
: the ping doesn't matter dude.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-09T17:11:24.592+0000) > > the ping doesn't matter dude. If you have ever played from 200 to 30 ping you can tell there is a difference, please don't even begin to try and argue this.
Sir Gusi (EUW)
: Riot has sent people here to scout the region there is not enough players to sustain a fully functional server. They said that they are keeping an eye out for growth in the south African community but they are not going to open a server that is going to possibly cost more money than it can make. They even considered if all of Dora's players in SA joined us it would still cause a player shortage so we would not be able to play when we want the server would be restricted to only a few hours a day for ranked otherwise you'd wait like an hour for a full party and the argument of other countries also using the server is dumb there would at most be a few thousand people joining and they are NOT going to spend money on the game since their country's currency are so bad. There just isn't enough business potential sorry man.
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Gusi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZAe0vQEA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-09T16:58:49.329+0000) > > Riot has sent people here to scout the region there is not enough players to sustain a fully functional server. They said that they are keeping an eye out for growth in the south African community but they are not going to open a server that is going to possibly cost more money than it can make. They even considered if all of Dora's players in SA joined us it would still cause a player shortage so we would not be able to play when we want the server would be restricted to only a few hours a day for ranked otherwise you'd wait like an hour for a full party and the argument of other countries also using the server is dumb there would at most be a few thousand people joining and they are NOT going to spend money on the game since their country's currency are so bad. There just isn't enough business potential sorry man. Can I ask where they officially released this information? As far as my research went i couldn't find anything. And as far as "business potential" goes, many other games have made their way into the South African gaming scene in tournaments with the introduction of servers, I believe saying that there is no business potential is a false assumption.
: Are South African Servers Even Being Considered?
With regards to servers, riot has been very quiet with officially stating anything, the point of this thread was to talk about the possibility of implementing them and what problems are faced, the main problem faced with players in South Africa is the high ping, the only possible way i know of fixing this problem is by creating a new server. It is absolute arrogance to say that ping has no influence of game play, for South African players there is a certain point you can reach in competitive play with a minimum of 200 ping regardless of how slow their internet is. My point is that no matter how fast or slow a players internet maybe in South Africa, they will never reach anything bellow 200, this is not because of internet speed but because the servers are located in Europe (very far away). What other solutions can South Africans look at besides moving overseas to actually improve ping? Please tell me because after 4 years of playing I would love to know. As far as the argument for not enough players for an active player base, then I question how servers have been put in place for overwatch, day z, arma 3, apex legends, fortnite and dota 2 in South Africa with tournaments taking place as well, when I can promise you there are more South African players actively playing league of legends. I don't know how the survey of the amount of South African players was conducted, but may I suggest it be looked at again thoroughly.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

daddy dobby

Level 220 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion