: ChaseShaco gets DDoSed for exposing wintraders
Riot should involve police or court when they see this. Perhaps then Jax will learn a real lesson rather than a slap on the wrist by banning him. Hope chaseshaco wrote a support ticket.
: How does DDos even work, Jax turning off his router DC's everyone, what?
> [{quoted}](name=FiveAneurysms,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=djXscliG,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-26T12:34:57.821+0000) > > How does DDos even work, Jax turning off his router DC's everyone, what? Jax just said it to mock them. Idk how to ddos but Jax just additonally mocked them with it, letting them know he is causing the problems and they can't do anything against it.
Antenora (EUW)
: No. Reason being S ranks in ARAM don't really prove any mastery with a champion. Anyone can sit back 1000 range and spam poke as Lux or Xerath.
>Anyone can sit back 1000 range and spam poke as Lux or Xerath. I don´t think you understand how the mastery system works. You only had to read the whole thread, OP actually responded to this argument. It will be like summoner´s rift, the system will compare you to other players. So if those champs have high cs,kills,damage,etc. then well they will actually be the hardest to get a mastery token with, because they get compared to the high performances of other players and you need to achieve similar performance then which means it´s way less forgiving then a champ which actually struggles on the map. >Reason being S ranks in ARAM don't really prove any mastery with a champion. Yeah and I got mastery 6 on most supports by playing them at top when I was originally queued as a jungler. I did this originally to see if it might be some new meta, it was at a time where frost queen would be build on ranged champs who would go top and while I was playing 2-1-2 strategy I just decided for an easy token 6 collecting (I´m collecting mastery 7 for every champ). And you can do this with other champs going off-meta too, just where players should be normally bad with those champs. So I don´t see a reason from this point of view to not enable them being earnable in aram.
: > [{quoted}](name=dome025,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=FlzfOEpe,comment-id=0004000500000000,timestamp=2019-06-08T10:49:58.671+0000) > Well, I can say you're full of bullsh+t as well, but again, opinions, opinions... And no, he is not forced to quit, but you obviously haven't understood what I wrote (and you call me stupid, lol). I explained it clearly that he CAN still play, he just has to ban this one champ if he doesn't want to risk this one problematic skin. But instead of acknowledging that, he jumps to "I will quit" right away. So, your "argument" is invalid, or maybe I actually do need 1 IQ to "understand" it.
" I explained it clearly that he CAN still play, he just has to ban this one champ if he doesn't want to risk this one problematic skin." Oh they brought bans to aram back? Or what happens if they create other skins with the same problem? Does he get an additional ban then? Does he have to waste his ban now on a champ which might be weak or which he counters just because he can´t play the game otherwise (yeah this one would be a minor problem compared to the others)? Has blind pick bans now? Perhaps you get now how stupid you sounds with "jUsT bAn tHe cHamP loL". It can only be a temporary solution until they fix the issue but not a longterm solution. You could say Riot isn´t forced to change the skin so it doesn´t cause problems but then he also shouldn´t be forced to ban a champ because it could cause health problems. Not to mention that he is literally forced to quit if he is an aram only player.
: > [{quoted}](name=dome025,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=FlzfOEpe,comment-id=00040005,timestamp=2019-06-08T08:49:43.546+0000) > > Just want to let you know that your comment is the pinnacle of stupid sh+t I have read here. And it isn´t possible to write a longer comment for me without it getting deleted by the mods. Just want to let you know that if all you've got for me are insults without any argumentation, then your opinion really does not mean much...
I have an argument but it´s so basic and common knowledge everybody with an iq above 1 should be able to understand. It´s his f+cking health. There is no f+cking "threatening vibe", he is literally forced to quit if he takes his health even rudimentarily serious. Not to mention that you can discredit any detailed valid argument just because it "sounds threatening". Example: Player behaviour s+cks and Riot does nothing to improve the situation that´s why I will quit if nothing get´s done. Oh sorry your argument is completely valid and you wrote a book about why but still the last bit sounds threatening so your whole argument is flawed and not valid anymore. "then your opinion really does not mean much..." Oh how dare you? As if I holded the power to change the world because of my opinion and you just had the power to take this power away from me. Reality check: Neither my nor your opinion doesn´t mean much. But at least I can say that I write less bullsh+t than you do.
: Even though I do see the problem, you saying "If nothing is done then I am afraid I might have to quit play the game indefinitely.", kinda gives me the threatening vibe. I mean, you could have said "I'll have to keep banning this champ forever to avoid the risk, and I'll never be able to play blind games or aram again", but you choose to hit the "I quit" button right away. For that alone, I'd say don't let the doors hit your azz on your way out.
Just want to let you know that your comment is the pinnacle of stupid sh+t I have read here. And it isn´t possible to write a longer comment for me without it getting deleted by the mods.
Baa Woof (EUW)
: I think one of the most unique characters in LoL is {{champion:203}} . I really hate reading books, okay it is not on a really “hate” level, but I would rather watch a movie. But, I could read about these two for hours, days, weeks, or even years. When it comes to them I really like reading anything about them, they are so unique, mysterious and have the coolest looks on the drawings (Talking about good death). You can tell them apart so well, Lamb likes to take things more slowly, and finish them of without causing pain, meanwhile Big Bad Wolf is like, kill it, I want to see them suffer. Man, I just can’t get enough of these two. The skill set requires both parts to work together. You need to use W to make the Q better, and you can use your "empowered" Q to catch up and stack the E up. The ultimate is really "special" it effects both teams, and you don't know the out come. The passive is also interesting, you can choose what you want to do, farm it on champions, or counter jungle or both. They are not popular, because there are just better and easier champions to play(so why bother learning a harder one). They are more than 3 years old now, kinda forgotten, but when it comes to looks, and skill set I think you can't really compare them to anyone and they still hold up really well. Of course, this comment is coming out of someones mouth who hasn't played anything else for ~2 years now.
Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I think the reason that Kindred isn´t more popular is the champs poor execution and not because there are better and easier champs too play. You refer to them as they but most refer to them as her and it has a reason. Everything is centered around lamb (visual- and gameplaywise). They should be the runeterra version of the grim reaper, yet they actively extend peoples life (at least ingame). And at least I believe a grim reaper doesn´t do this, the reaper might spare you because it isn´t your time yet but he does not actively save anyone. Then there are gameplay problems which should have been seen before the release of the champ. She has a farming passive which randomly marks neutral and enemy jungle camps and she needs those stacks to get a strong late. But for those marks she needs a decent/strong early as well or/and good mates who picked champs which have lane priority. Otherwise I would say there are other characters which are as unique as her or even more unique ({{champion:154}},etc.).
: Weekly reminder that Riot removed ARAM bans even if they greatly enhanced the game experience
"where the opposition was composed of a lot of people also using... suspicious accounts let's say." Love it. Instead of just skipping or acknowledging that other people can have opposing views, let´s just discredit (don´t know if it´s the right word) them. No, not everyone likes bans in aram. Me for example (okay I need to be fair here because I quit since January/February but perhaps come back at some point in the future). And I don´t have an aram account, in fact I have every champion on this account with at least mastery lvl 5 (until Yuumi arrives). And I played a f+ckton of aram back in the day (it´s perhaps my most played mode). And I bet I´m not the only one who thinks bans in aram shouldn´t be a thing (even if those people are a minority). (Other accounts were rarely used, I think that I have 2 other accounts around lvl 5-10, and were used for other purposes: one to see how it´s to play in na and to post on the na boards which I soon after discovered to be able to do with my euw account and the other to test if I could climb better with a new account/test if I was stuck with my main.) You wouldn´t like it either if people discredit you just because you have opposing views. Or would you like if someone would make up stuff about you just to suppress your opinion. Sad that being a massive echochamber isn´t enought and there is a need for discrediting other opinions. **** Besides that I think every champ should be unlocked for aram, so aram accounts can´t be a thing. And I honestly don´t know why Riot wouldn´t implement it (except for cash or technical reasons which both would be sad). But bans in aram shouldn´t be a thing because it takes away the fun. Yes, champs like Lux, Xerath or Vel´Koz (my main) can be annoying in aram but ultimately people want to be able to play them there once in a while and they should be able to do so. Which they won´t be able to if they are permabanned. And as you mentioned people would ban boring characters. Who says which champ is boring? Is Udyr/Kalista /old Eve boring? Hell, I would reroll Kalista or Udyr most of the time but sometimes I would play them and either have the worst time of my life but also sometimes the best time of my life. And I´m pretty sure many players would have banned pre latest rework Eve, yet I once got her and it was incredible fun experimenting with her and making her work in aram. And since then she was one of my favorites in aram until her rework. Also perhaps you can ban strong/weak champs like Lux, Xerath, Udyr and Kalista. But then other champs would become unbearable strong/weak.
: Poll: MMR reset for old returning players?
Matchmaking doesn´t only take your mmr in account but also those of your allies and enemies. It´s possible to have a low (almost beginner like) mmr while being challenger in ranked. So your enemies could have a very low mmr while being pretty decent at the game. All they need to do is to rarely play normals. Or they could play with their friends who have lower mmr which would screw with matchmaking. Besides that the game has changed heavily. Snowball is higher, damage is perhaps higher (or at least feels like) and the time for a match was shortened from around 30-45 minutes to 18-30 minutes. What I want to say with it: games might tend/feel to be more onesided and stompheavier. Besides that I don´t believe that creating a new account would help much. It won´t (entirely) solve the problems listed above and smurfs are also a thing. Best would be to play 5 man premade and not caring about wins/losses. I quitted playing league (for various reasons: gameplay, community behaviour, Riot as a company - greedy/shady company practises etc., and the game ultimately don´t giving me joy but frustration instead) but am still occasionally lurking on the boards. First I hesitated to comment but ultimately thought it wouldn´t harm me to answer/help.
Mortdog (NA)
: Except there are literally no changes to towers pre 15 minutes. So how is it "nothing like it used to be"?
Perhaps they feel weaker because of others reasons: -damage from champs and items got higher -which also makes it more likely to ace the enemy and rush the tower as 3-5 -eventual minion changes Anyway I quit League like 1-3 months ago (still lurking from time to time though), so I'm not up to date anyway. But was just giving examples to why they could feel weaker or better are weaker (in terms of a changed environment). Now back to the topic of the post. Bans are a bad idea in aram. It's meant to be random and it sucks to see a champion banned you hoped to get. I remember how I used to play new champs on SR and then switching to aram hoping to get it and see how it plays on the map (for example Gnar and Taliyah). Now imagine a champ gets released who is strong on aram. Would never be able to play them even once (unless playing custom games which I rarely did, except for find teemo (RIP Dominion)), if they are perma banned. It would make way more sense to enable all champs for aram. So it's truly random. Or does Riot fear of a major cut in champ sales doing it. or perhaps the client doesn't allow it? Can't understand the fear behind it, if it really should be true. Or if it's a technical issue it would just be sad. Besides that I can't see other reasons. And I played tons of aram (and dominion and sr) over the seasons (since preseason 4). Just in case somebody wants to devalue my comment about bans in aram.
Moody P (NA)
: odd of you to assume my rank, especially for where you're at two champions being safe picks means the class is good? I guess we can just ignore how most of them are completely invisible even in soloQ high elo unlike a solid portion of mages and when Cass and Karthus have outstanding performance in multiple lanes (whereas Aatrox is a negative win rate even in higher ranks and Urgot is just a safety pick). Also note neither of them resemble the traditional juggernaut profile at all, Aatrox builds full AD and plays to assassinate and leave and Urgot is basically a replacement tank. Most juggernauts are mid tier to weak even in the low ranks they supposedly stomp and outside of those 2 and Olaf they only get worse the higher up you go.
I never assumed your rank , it was a relative statement. Everything under lec/lck/etc. is basically low elo. And people start to play correctly in highest of high challenger one could argue and even then proplayers can have bad games where they feed too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwDSYCxHJmo. It´s just another mockery about how you threat others. You think you are perfect and everybody else below you is wrong even though you talk utter bullsh+t sometimes. And like I said I don´t gonna dive into a heavy gameplay discussion. It was never my intention to start one, it´s too time consuming. And honestly I would even argue if it makes sense to start one with you. Besides that Karthus is pretty old. I would argue he is due for a minor vgu (his ult needs a rework and Soraka hers too). Urgot is by no means similar to a tank. He has almost no cc (q is only a slow, e is his only form of hard cc and it´s pretty easy to dodge/unreliable). I thought I wouldn´t need to explain class defining traits to you? Or do you think Dr. Mundo is a tank just because he is tanky (lol)? Aatrox design is just flawed. All his power is in his Q and during laning phase. No wonder people try to win harder by buying items like Youmuu´s which has a pleasant build path, increases your already good damage output and gives you a way to minimize your weakness (ms boost). Additionally I already said that I never mentioned that mages are weak.
VileKayn (NA)
: Why I hate that people don't play for fun anymore
I agree with the topic but not your arguments. Let people play what they want and how they want. I didn´t really experience old league (begun playing in preseason 4) but I still experienced games like 5 man adc top with flash and tp or where all players danced for fun in the middle of the aram bridge. Nowadays they dance solely to tilt the enemy and nobody would try out the idea of a 4 man premade to take 5 adc and go at one lane with flash and tp. Everybody just tilts and tell you how to do stuff. If you don´t do what they want they sometimes try to tilt you (through gameplay not through chat).
Moody P (NA)
: Literally the only thing you posted was some sloppy constructed insult trying to deflect on one of the weakest classes in the game in any elo where people can actually play correctly. don't be a hypocrite
>Literally the only thing you posted was some sloppy constructed insult If you mean my first comment. No that was no insult that was sarcasm. If you don´t get it your problem not mine. Hoped you would recognize some similarities to your usual mage bashing. No real arguments behind it and sometimes hijacking a discussion for yourself. >trying to deflect on one of the **weakest classes** in the game in any elo where people can actually play correctly. Oh that´s why Urgot and Aatrox were meta since when again? And aren´t they dominant cause they are played on multiple lanes (Aatrox top/jungle/mid and Urgot top/mid / prior current heavy nerfs)? And that in proplay where they actually can play correctly (most of the time) and not in your low elo where players cry about juggernauts being too weak? Now you could argue that those were only 2 juggernauts but you didn´t consider the variety of mages as well (some like Brand and Zyra got shoved out of mid into support and Fiddle might be shoved out of jungle into support as well, none of them dominates 3 lanes as you said). And I don´t really want to start a gameplay discussion since there is so much to discuss which would perhaps take forever. But I wanted to give you some of your own medicine.
Moody P (NA)
: Mage: *dominates 3 lanes* mages : "wtf we're so weak"
I never said mages are weak and never agreed with op since his suggestion is just stupid (mages already have powerful spells which they would need to give up for being more marksmen like (Azir does this to some extent and is yet broken), but you complaining about everything that has a bit of range is just as stupid. Not all mages are broken and not all marksmen are broken. So stop being childish, bring real arguments without putting words in my mouth and start using your main account. Hiding behind a lvl 7 smurf account is perhaps one of the most cowardly things to do (only exception if you can´t use your main account for some reason).
: 0 cs top was hotfixed because "it ignores a key aspect of learning the game"
The problem was that it was cancerous for the enemy top. You didn´t need to cs and could 24/7 poke your enemy without him being able to do something against it. It had no counterplay for your enemy and no noticeable disadvantages.
Moody P (NA)
: mages are OP enough
Yes, I agree with you on juggernauts being to oppressive and the need of them to be gutted.
Rioter Comments
: Honestly the entire item system would be easier to balance if they were just grouped by class. Not every champion needs to have access to every item for the game to work. Soraka doesn't need access to items like Tiamat, and Fiora doesn't need access to items like Spellthief's Edge. If each class had it's own group of items, and a list of generic items that everyone can use, balancing the items would become so much easier. Just like marksman items, support items are constantly having to be balanced around the fact that someone outside of their intended role might use them, and that's a really lousy metric to balance against. Imagine how good you could make tank MR items if champions like LeBlanc couldnt take them. Imagine how much easier it would be to balance gold income items if only support champions could get them. The feature of everyone having access to every item isn't worth balancing around, especially when Riot is going to intercede anyways when stuff like Tank Ekko or Top Viktor spout up. I just want to be able to play support with items that are cleanly tailored for the role, outside of the shield items please.
>Honestly the entire item system would be easier to balance if they were just grouped by class. Not every champion needs to have access to every item for the game to work. Soraka doesn't need access to items like Tiamat, and Fiora doesn't need access to items like Spellthief's Edge. Would perhaps remove the last bit of fun from the game. Things like AP Shyvana, AS Lulu, etc. would be removed (some of this offmeta picks can be annyoing to play against but they have some drawbacks which make them not competitive viable). Also it would be problematic since some champs use items from other classes (some marksmen use lethality items which are ad assassine items, mage supports use both support and mage items). And champs can´t be picked offrole as a counter (MF support used by pro). We simply need more and better designed items. Does someone actually builds this {{item:3030}}? Even it´s previous users like A Sol probably abandoned it. Why is {{item:3285}} almost must buy and {{item:3027}} no real alternative to {{item:3285}} ? Why do ap bruisers lack items to build? Why do crit users have one mandatory item ({{item:3031}},previously {{item:3095}}, and previously again {{item:3031}} )? Edit: Restrictions for items make sense but they should be the exception not the rule.
: Definitely a possibility. Will have to get back to you on this.
I think it´s broken again. At least posts which have more downvotes than upvotes are stuck in the hot section (even though they should normally disappear).
Rioter Comments
: so , 7 wins in row , by rito logic means...
>that i have to be humiliated by tryharding platinum 3 player in **normals** , and all this in iron and bronze players environment Ranked and normals don´t use the same mmr (if I remember correctly). A challenger who plays only ranked could have an iron mmr in normals cause he never played normals. Despite that normals has less restrictions than ranked which makes it again harder (3-5 premades with varying mmr between each of them).
: you explained it yourself with the AI learning. It is placing value on words so those words and sentence structures so that people are more likely to get punished if it interprets it as hostile this MIGHT help to decrease toxicity, but overall, it just seems more likely to empower trolls because it weighs statements with targets more heavily
The AI learning doesn´t weigh stuff. It´s more like recognizing what´s toxic and trying to assign in which category it belongs. Is there a new way to say the n-word? Then the system should learn through many reports to recognize it and punish it accordingly. Is there something which wasn´t toxic in the past but is now deemed as toxic by the community then it learns this too. Also I don´t think that trolls have much influence on this system. There are how many players? And how much of them are trolls? And how much of those trolls are reporting someone? Additionally everyone is free to make a support ticket, if someone was unjustifiable punished it´s most likely that they will lift the punishment.
: it's a key-word based system...someone did a test on it and basically riot gave "no comment" there's been talk that riot has added a new "weight" system to words to see how they are directed at people, but it leads to reports having more value AGAINST you even if you did not say something bad
Even if it´s a key word based system it doesn´t change the fact that you need some amount of toxicity to begin with. If you were toxic enough for a punishment you probably deserved it (if not then support + player behaviour exist, even though player behaviour has no power). And of course the system relies to some degree on keywords. It´s still only a program which doesn´t know by itself what is toxic and what not, so there needs to be some inital keywords which it looks for. Some people say it has also machine learning but I can´t say much about that and doubt it is good at "learning". >there's been talk that riot has added a new "weight" system to words to see how they are directed at people, but it leads to reports having more value AGAINST you even if you did not say something bad Explain pls. I don´t get what you try to say. Some words are heavier weighted than others and this is kinda normal since hatespeech/etc. gives you an instant 14 day ban while others alone aren´t even enough for a chat restriction. And that´s how it should be, people who threat others life (be it the well known "abbreviation" or a direct threat like "i go find you and....") or discriminate other people should get punished harder than a simple insult. And I don´t see how it works against somebody. There was another weight based system which would determine the value of a report. With every false report your reports would have weighed less but this system was removed.
DomoCute (NA)
: The reporting system is backwards as heck. All that matters is who has the most reports against them. Usually the troll has one report against them, while they are partied up and you get slammed with 4 reports. So... you tell us again why we get banned for trying to play the game. All you TRULY have to do to get banned is have your team hate you, whether for the right reason or not. They go into all chat, convince the enemy team to all report you because you accidentally missed a smite etc.
>All that matters is who has the most reports against them. Usually the troll has one report against them, while they are partied up and you get slammed with 4 reports. Stop spreading false information. Reports don´t work this way, they don´t trigger a punishment by themself. All they do is trigger a review for the specific match. The instant feedback system scans the game for negative behaviour and then decides if it counts to your "toxicity level" or not. If you reached a certain amount of toxicity (be it through **no no words** or through long term toxicity or writing every match a book into the chat) then you get a punishment. 4 reports won´t do sh+t alone. The only case were multiple reports are helpful is if you want to report someone in every report category but the system will still review the game and decide if those were false or true reports. Also trolling is harder to detect. Chat offenses can be already hard to detect but trolling might be as well impossible especially when players report as wrecklessly as they do now. And if it were like you described I would have been banned long ago. I know how it is to be in a game with an abusive 4 or 3 man premade team (where everyone flames the living sh+t out of you), yet here I am without a punishment (and again why should I have the luck that those 4-3 man premade team didn´t report me).
: I can dodge a Q, so?
But can you dodge an autoattack?
: Telling them to shut up and leave me alone and that int means intentional and not just feeding us toxic how? I'm not defending my ego or anything by saying "f- you I'm better then you little sh-" no. I never said anything like that. You people on boards just ASSUME we were because you think you're perfect on here and anyone that complains is just babies trying to get unbanned. Well I'm not. I'm just telling a true story of how i was banned. Do you see me asking why i was banned? Or asking for an unban? No.
You complained about Riot not punishing those who start the toxicity. And it generally read like you think your ban isn´t justified. 1. You don´t know if others get punished or not. Yes, I want to know it too but there are reasons why they don´t specifically tell if someone got a punishment. Legal reasons (privacy policy) and perhaps some moral reasons (goes into the direction of naming and shaming which isn´t allowed on boards). 2. If you got punished for something then it is most of the time justified considering how lax the system is. 3. Defending yourself is not a good excuse for wrong behaviour even though a understandable one. However defending yourself won´t get you a punishment, being toxic while defending yourself can give you a punishment but here applies number 2 (you need a good amount of toxicity to get a punishment). And no I don´t think I´m perfect and actually would have given me some punishments already but since Riot doesn´t care about toxicity I got none. They should be stricter when it comes to toxic behaviour and eventually scan the chat automatically for such.
: Cuz rito games bans the people defending themselves rather then the toxic pieces of jerky that hate on other people. Like me. The only time i am ever any sort of toxic is when i tell people to shut up and leave me alone or explain that int means intentional and not just feeding. But no i got banned and not the people saying "you suck" and "report __ for inting"
Sure you just defended yourself and obviously didn´t flame back. Riot is pretty lax when it comes to punishments this goes for everyone not only for those who start the toxicity. If you got a ban then I´m pretty certain that you didn´t just defend yourself and the ban is actually justified (considering the amount of toxicity you need for getting banned). You can be toxic while defending yourself and not get a single punishment but if you get one then you surely was toxic enough to actually deserve it.
Moody P (NA)
: Revert Zac
First time I actually support one of your threads even though you´re still arrogant in this thread (honestly I don´t know why mods tolerate some of your comments since they add nothing relevant and just encourages to avoid boards or at least your thread). Now back to topic. New Zac feels way clunkier and more boring than old Zac, while being harder to balance between solo and pro play. His old ult was already teamfight defining and never felt like a more chaotic Wukong ult which they claimed (perhaps they sound similar on paper yet in execution there was never a situation where I would have thought something along the lines of "Oh what a boring Wukong ult Zac has"). His new ult is less exciting and less creative while giving him to much power. It feels like Zac is just lifeless unlike his old ult. And it also felt better in situations in which he was alone (easier to escape due to knocking back enemies while simultaneously moving around. Now to his Q. The reasons behind the rework of his Q were legit. It lacked to deliver the fantasy of it and it encouraged thoughtless spamming of it. Yet the old Q felt way more fluid and again more fun. Also the new Q makes his ganks unreasonable stronger and more reliable, he already can gank from kilometres away so why should he have one more hard cc spell which he can´t screw up (screw up in a sense that if he doesn´t execute well he won´t get meaningfully punished for it like knocking the enemy into safety). I would say they should revert his ult and rework his Q based on his old Q (should feel fluid and fun again). Perhaps something like this: New Q: After briefly (short delay) stretching his arm backwards Zac throws a punch at the targeted direction dealing X magic damage and knocking enemies back. After reaching maximum distance he changes the shape of his fist (another short delay) and knocks enemies to him dealing x magic damage. A Q like this would deliver on the fantasy of a powerful punch of a slime man and would perhaps still feel fluid and fun while discouraging mindless spamming of it and adding some skill expression (you can screw up with it knocking enemy carries into safety).
: I really, really hope Yorick gets a decent skin this year
Hope for a light hearted Yorick skin (Arclight is kinda serious). Perhaps some skin for him where his ghouls are soft/plush toys and he is a sewer with a needle. The biggest problem for a skin might be the maiden since she still needs to be recognizable while not looking weird.
: Instead of just screaming "Remove it Already" you could help Riot SapMagic and all the other people working on ranked by giving constructive critism, like saying what people are abusing for better LP gains and so on.
There is no way to fix the system without major changes. Yet if someone would propose those changes they will just ignore it (because they neither didn´t see or didn´t care about them). There is no way to fix position rank with minor fixes. Autofill players would feel like sh+t in the new system cause they have to grind way harder than others (which is the opposite of what they want -> rewarding those who play consistent). And like others said people who get an offrole don´t care about the game because the effects on their other positions are minimal. If they want to introduce position rank without such complaints, then they will have to keep solo rank. Basically every game you play contributes to your solo rank and to the specific position rank. And the lp gain for both ranks vary depending on different parameters (one of them being: how great is the difference between the position rank and the solo rank? -> the greater the difference the greater the gain/loss of lp for one or another). It wouldn´t feel as grinding for autofill players. And people who aren´t on their main position would still care because a loss (especially when they lose in an elo which is way lower than their solo rank) can hurt their solo rank which normally should represent their highest elo.
Emo Twink (OCE)
: I agree with these, his windwall not starting behind him blocks so many projectiles late as hell. If they dont do what changes i mentioned, just that alone will make a bit more frustrations go away. And also he doesnt need the crit passive, shield should be enough, and he should be more squishy being a hypercarry. That crit passive gives him the option to build more defensive while doing a lot.
>And also he doesnt need the crit passive, shield should be enough, and he should be more squishy being a hypercarry. That crit passive gives him the option to build more defensive while doing a lot. Exactly the opposite is the case. The crit passive prevents him from building tankier items. Some of his power get´s soaked into this passive, so he needs to utilize it and build squishier items to use it. If they remove the double crit passive then they would certainly add offensive power somewhere else and Yasuo would build tankier than he does right now while still dealing good amounts of damage. They should remove his passive shield though so he relies more on his W against ranged champs and is weaker against melee champs (he relies more on poking them then). I would say they should rework his W to make it more fair to play against and perhaps add there some defensive power if needed. However his passive would be kinda lackluster if it just gives double crit.
: To Taliyah Mains: What Do You Want to See?
Stats: Reduce movement speed Abilities: Removed Passive: Gains additional ms near terrain while out of combat. New Passive: Taliyah can collapse terrain and use the bolders as a projectile to deal dmg and cc. Q: Add aoe damage back. And ms on worked ground. Adjust the damage of all abilities with the new passive in mind. And perhaps nerf her ult cd or give it some restriction to use. Goal is to give her waveclear potential back but reduce her mobility to nerf roaming potential. The last time I played Taliyah she felt terrible to play as without the waveclear. I didn´t play her often yet I liked her and would have played her from time to time but now she is another champ which I don´t want to touch cause Riot ruined her for me (the other champ is Zac).
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 18
Assessing Damage Output Perhaps it´s worth to look at items like {{item:3026}} and {{item:3102}} which were defensive items every champ could buy (helping to reduce damage and increase tankyness at the same time). Currently players get both (offensive and defensive stats). Perhaps reverting them (with attention to ga not becoming a must buy item for tanks again, but the issue was solved before ga was reworked I believe) and making more defensive items which can also be picked up by damage dealers would be an option.
Shen MD (EUW)
: I wrote Meddler yesterday about it in the dev corner, the comment was buried, but this needs traction. Let's fix this bro!
Good luck with that °Laughs in {{champion:163}} and {{champion:154}} °Laughter turns into crying
: If I understand this correctly, it's the removal of a poorly implemented and most likely unintended combo that makes a burst rotation much faster than it should be, which when balanced around forces the character that was originally intended to be a bruiser into a purely assassin role and nothing else. Am I wrong? This is a good change, assuming riot follows it up by balancing her around the absence of that interaction.
> [{quoted}](name=Backup4now,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FrovfpFZ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-13T23:10:59.211+0000) > > If I understand this correctly, it's the removal of a poorly implemented and most likely unintended combo that makes a burst rotation much faster than it should be, which when balanced around forces the character that was originally intended to be a bruiser into a purely assassin role and nothing else. Am I wrong? > > This is a good change, assuming riot follows it up by balancing her around the absence of that interaction. Except her general playstyle will still be both: either like an assassine or a diver. Instead of randomly (I assume Diana could do this for a pretty long time) removing a combo, they should have kept her like she is until it´s her time for a VGU. Except if it would have become such a huge problem that they had no other choice. But why did it suddenly become a problem. And even then Poppys old ult was a problematic ability, yet they balanced her around it until her rework.
Taliyah Mid (EUNE)
: I guess if they remove this combo, they will kill the champion. Same was with the Taliyah Aoe Q remove. Please dont do that. Go rework mundo or other champions. :) Thank You ! <3
> [{quoted}](name=Taliyah Mid,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FrovfpFZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-13T22:49:38.981+0000) > > I guess if they remove this combo, they will kill the champion. Same was with the Taliyah Aoe Q remove. Please dont do that. Go rework mundo or other champions. :) Thank You ! <3 *Cries in {{champion:154}} and {{champion:163}}
: This needs to be an emote
Plot Twist Riot grants you the wish, but they make it exclusively obtainable through their partner program with creators.
: > [{quoted}](name=ZaneShadow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8oELtkKl,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-12T18:48:47.551+0000) > > Why are people upset about Prestige skins? Genuine question, not sarcasm. > > I don’t THINK that riot is putting a ton of manpower on them meaning we aren’t losing quantity or quality of other skins. It’s not like failing to get a prestige skin locks the base skin, and they don’t have anything besides special recalls. Honestly I thought it a rather exceptable business strategy, even though I am personally not intrested in any of the current ones. I’d probably slow it down a bit so their a bit more special, maybe every 2-3 patches apart, but they seem harmless as is. > > Their collector items, so I don’t understand the large uproar over them? Please explain! And u get 500 down votes for trying to say the truth. How dare u not complain just for the sake of complaining like the community?
> [{quoted}](name=Cavalier707,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8oELtkKl,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-01-13T01:19:23.179+0000) > > And u get 500 down votes for trying to say the truth. How dare u not complain just for the sake of complaining like the community? He neither said the truth nor are the downvotes justified (**I didn´t** downvote him). He just said his opinion which is legitimate and I just said mine through memes and replies which is also legitimate. But keep this passive aggressive tone out of this thread please. There´s no reason to start derailing this thread into a fight between 2 or more sides.
: > [{quoted}](name=Death Rex,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8oELtkKl,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-12T19:30:13.948+0000) > > Imagine that your main champ gets this treatment. I couldn't care less about Bloodmoon Aatrox, I neither like Aatrox or like this skin, but I want to advoid to see a prestige Garen skin one day. I guess that makes sense. Personally I’m a Taric main. Seeing a prestige Taric wouldn’t bother me though. I could still get the skin and all it’s features, just probably not the rather expensive chroma. I don’t really buy chromas for his pool party skin either so I guess I’m more interested in the skin than I am the color. I personally am a bit relieved compared to what they used to do, a skin only available for a limited time and never again. Like that bowser skin for Ramus, those players can’t even get that in “your shop”. I’d much rather be locked out of a chroma than a skin. Maybe thats where I differ. I’m more relieved their abandoning the old strategy for this new one rather than annoyed at the price. Huh. Well, thank you for explaining, I actually do get where your all coming from now and it actually makes quite a bit of sence.
> [{quoted}](name=ZaneShadow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8oELtkKl,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T19:44:59.661+0000) > > I guess that makes sense. Personally I’m a Taric main. Seeing a prestige Taric wouldn’t bother me though. I could still get the skin and all it’s features, just probably not the rather expensive chroma. I don’t really buy chromas for his pool party skin either so I guess I’m more interested in the skin than I am the color. > > I personally am a bit relieved compared to what they used to do, a skin only available for a limited time and never again. Like that bowser skin for Ramus, those players can’t even get that in “your shop”. I’d much rather be locked out of a chroma than a skin. > > Maybe thats where I differ. I’m more relieved their abandoning the old strategy for this new one rather than annoyed at the price. Huh. Well, thank you for explaining, I actually do get where your all coming from now and it actually makes quite a bit of sence. I would compare King Rammus to the victorious skins. It sucks to not have/get them but it´s understandable that they´re limited. King Rammus was given to closed beta players only and victorious skins are only given once if you reach a certain rank in a certain season.
: Why are people upset about Prestige skins? Genuine question, not sarcasm. I don’t THINK that riot is putting a ton of manpower on them meaning we aren’t losing quantity or quality of other skins. It’s not like failing to get a prestige skin locks the base skin, and they don’t have anything besides special recalls. Honestly I thought it a rather exceptable business strategy, even though I am personally not intrested in any of the current ones. I’d probably slow it down a bit so their a bit more special, maybe every 2-3 patches apart, but they seem harmless as is. Their collector items, so I don’t understand the large uproar over them? Please explain!
> [{quoted}](name=ZaneShadow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8oELtkKl,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-12T18:48:47.551+0000) > > Why are people upset about Prestige skins? Genuine question, not sarcasm. > > I don’t THINK that riot is putting a ton of manpower on them meaning we aren’t losing quantity or quality of other skins. It’s not like failing to get a prestige skin locks the base skin, and they don’t have anything besides special recalls. Honestly I thought it a rather exceptable business strategy, even though I am personally not intrested in any of the current ones. I’d probably slow it down a bit so their a bit more special, maybe every 2-3 patches apart, but they seem harmless as is. > > Their collector items, so I don’t understand the large uproar over them? Please explain! 1. People who actually like the champion and the chroma are left behind a ridiculous high pay wall 2. It opens the door for greedier actions, if they don´t get backlash for it. 3. I expect from a self proclaimed player centered (which they aren´t since midseason 5) company that they don´t use greedy tactics.
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MAymgd36,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-12T16:10:40.985+0000) > > I will treat them as what they are: cash grab. Yeah, the game is still free, but this scheme just shows how much more money Tencent wants to earn from Legaue. Because for giant companies it's never enough. Problem with this argument: Riot may be having profitability issues. Source: https://www.newsweek.com/league-legends-feargorm-esports-na-lcs-finals-eu-1093389 I have heard rumors, but can't find sources to back up, that the entire company could be having profitability issues. This casts the entire thing in a different light. Riot may be trying to find a way to *continue existing,* not just a way to gauge users. It's still all connected to the bottom line, but for Riot, it's about their jobs, not about swimming in pools of cash.
> [{quoted}](name=KnightsKemplar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MAymgd36,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-01-12T16:17:24.421+0000) > > Problem with this argument: Riot may be having profitability issues. > > Source: https://www.newsweek.com/league-legends-feargorm-esports-na-lcs-finals-eu-1093389 > > I have heard rumors, but can't find sources to back up, that the entire company could be having profitability issues. This casts the entire thing in a different light. Riot may be trying to find a way to *continue existing,* not just a way to gauge users. It's still all connected to the bottom line, but for Riot, it's about their jobs, not about swimming in pools of cash. Well there are some other ways to earn money which are yet to be explored. Some of which players already have asked for. Like map skins and different announcers. And there are probably even more ways to earn money without it feeling like a complete cash grab (for example nexus blitz rewards, pets which follow you around and different backport animations).
Luxified (NA)
: Firecracker Vayne Portrait
Looks great {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Rioter Comments
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: wiki is a shit source of information, he only got damage reduction against autoattacks just like shen before his rework riot did that so galio didn't get kill during his ult by enemy tryndamere+vayne >Wrong Galio´s gap closer has no condition it has no condition if you want, it's still more telegraphed+delayed+shorter
>wiki is a shit source of information, he only got damage reduction against autoattacks My bad that I used wiki. Sure it´s the wiki which is wrong, I should just rather trust your memory. And the old champion spotlight from the official league of legends channel is surely wrong as well, since it doesn´t fit your narrative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOQGg1-RzWw&t=1m17s Also a galio guide from 2012 in which you can see the ingame ability description saying: blocking 50% of incoming damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2_vjjbBBM&t=6m15s PS: This is rather unrelated since you´re wrong either way but I first thought you meant that he gains damage reduction for every autoattack and not that he has damage reduction just against autoattacks. >it has no condition if you want, it's still more telegraphed+delayed+shorter So what´s your point? Amumu doesn´t have any gap closer if he misses Q. Meanwhile Galio has a gap closer independent if he hits his E or not.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=dome025,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k9JlhRg1,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-01-04T20:13:10.862+0000) > > > How could he forget that Amumu gains 50% damage reduction from his ult He only gained damage reduction on enemies's autoattacks > > And how could he forget that Galio has a conditional gap closer just like Amumu. Galio's gap closer is less conditional but way more telegraphed AND shorter
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Galio#1st >ACTIVE: Galio turns into a statue and channels for 2 seconds, gaining 50% damage reduction and Taunt icon taunting nearby enemies (duration cannot be reduced) until interrupted or until the channel ends. >Galio bursts out of his statue form when the channel ends or is interrupted, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies (increased by 10% for each basic attack received from Taunt icon taunted enemies, maximum 80%) He only gained a damage boost from enemies autoattacks. >Galio's gap closer is less conditional but way more telegraphed AND shorter Wrong Galio´s gap closer has **no condition** (outside of mana cost and cd which are negligible) at all. He can use it anytime and anywhere. Reliability is the keyword. If Amumu hits nothing then also nothing will happen, making his gap closer less reliable than Galio´s. And it´s kinda fair in Galio´s case his gap closer is more reliable but therefore also more telegraphed (terrain blocking it and shorter in distance).
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: {{champion:32}} has a similar ult but has a gap closer is he busted? No
Oh you great high elo god. Only you could think of such a fitting comparison which we low elo plebs would have never even thought about. How could he forget of Amumu who has a similar ult. How could he forget that Amumu gains 50% damage reduction from his ult, so Amumu can actually build ap and survive after his engage. And how could he forget that Galio has a conditional gap closer just like Amumu. Edit: Also how could he forget that Amumu also got a VGU?
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: >if you DON`T WANT TO USE THE LOOT SYSTEM SINCE YOU ONLY GET 50 BLUE ESSENCES PER DAY. The champion shards you get from Capsules go to your Loot. _**You [REMOVED BY MODERATION - ULANOPO] relying on 50 BE a day per First Win of the Day is entirely a problem of your making.**_ Riot didn't make it any more harder or more convoluted to get your BE, it was just transitioned to the Loot tab in the client, which is one click away from you. Using a champion shard to purchase that champion in question lets you buy that champ at a 40% discount so it's even less frustrating saving up 6300 BE for, lets say Ezreal, when his price with the shard included is 3780 BE. And if you don't get his shard, i think it was around 950+ BE worth per capsule. Opening champ capsules doesn't cost you anything, Riot only wanted to tie the Hextech Crafting to getting more rewards and not make it Hextech Chests exclusive. That's also where your Honor Capsules and Orbs go. That's also where your mission rewards go (if they're giving away something to obtain that's not currency). If you're refusing to use a system that gives you a lot of free things for any reason, you have no right to complain how your life is harder by being that lazy and claiming that one more click is too much of a hassle for you - i'm assuming that's the problem but feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on that one.
My last response since you´re most likely just here to waste my time by derailing the argument. It´s not about if we get more or less from the hextech system. It´s about the addictive effect it can have. Loot boxes are just another form of gambling (you could compare it to a lottery where you can get different rewards which normally have different values). Previously it was just optional for free stuff but since the changes the loot system/ gambling system is mandatory to be used to progress in this game. It´s hard to unlock core aspects of the game (champions) if you don´t use it. And there was no need to tie the IP/BE system to it. If they wanted to give us an easier time to unlock champs they could have increased IP/BE earnings. But instead they added champion capsules which is basically another way of gambling when there´s no need for it. And this system forces players to use the gambling system which was previously optional. So they changed the system of earning IP to a gamble system which can be harmful to certain people. There´s a reason lottery is for 18+ year olds and a warning that lottery is addictive. Now just a few last information. I already have all champs probably even before they changed it to a gambling system. And I use hextech regularly since I know there is no risk of me getting addicted to it nor am I to lazy to use it as you claim. I just recently (hell at the time they implemented it, season 5/6 I was worried Riot could go bankrupt cause nobody would pay for skins etc. and thus me not being able to play LoL anymore ) dislike such gamble systems and don´t really want them in my games. Cause they are a way of abusing how some people are (some tend to get easier addicted than others + kids play this game who are again easier to influence). So this was my last reply to you since I believe you are just trolling me and wasting my time on purpose by constantly derailing my original argument (changing topic from it being a danger for people who get easy addicted/ being a gamble system to how much someone can earn BE with it).
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: You do realize that leveling up your account by playing the game ANYWAY earns you champion capsules that you can bank for BE? On top of the 50 BE we get on FWotD mission? No, it does not take you ages to unlock anything, Riot specifically released MATH detailing BE earnings per games played and how this system does net us same or more BE, unless you're that player who goes out of your day to play more than 8 games a day. So for ALMOST the majority of players, it's a BE gain instead of a loss you want to claim it is. I'm sorry, the numbers are very clear in that regard.
>You do realize that leveling up your account by playing the game ANYWAY earns you champion capsules that you can bank for BE? On top of the 50 BE we get on FWotD mission? Yes, I do realize it. BUT DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU GOT IP/BLUE ESSENCES FOR PLAYING GAMES BEFORE THEY CHANGED THE WHOLE SYSTEM? Like that´s my whole point THEY CHANGED THE SYSTEM SO PLAYERS NEED TO OPEN CAPSULES so players have to use the system more frequently (than before) and get used to it, so it´s more likely they will buy a chest, cause the threshold (don´t know if it´s the right word) is now lower if they constantly use the system to open loot boxes (which champion capsules are). >No, it does not take you ages to unlock anything, Perhaps you misunderstood me again but I meant that it takes ages to get every champ if you DON`T WANT TO USE THE LOOT SYSTEM SINCE YOU ONLY GET 50 BLUE ESSENCES PER DAY. >I'm sorry, the numbers are very clear in that regard. I´m sorry but perhaps you could need some training in reading comprehension or getting information out of context. Or perhaps my phrasing was poor, but I still think the sentence was understandable. **But don´t switch the topic and talk about the time investment of getting BE or champs since it never was my point.** Thanks :)
Ciro (EUNE)
: To Rioters: Event passes etc.
>you had a problem with skins being obtainable only by purchasing RP, and you fixed it by giving us beautiful Loot system You mean the loot box system which is designed to abuse people with a gambling addiction? I personally don´t have a problem with the hextech system since it´s free stuff for me but calling it beautiful and praising riot for it is a bit too much. They even changed the whole system of earning ingame currency to abuse it. It´s not even optional anymore but mandatory to use the hextech system unless you don´t want any champs or perhaps you have a million years of time to grind through the system (since we at least get 50 blue essences from the daily mission **after players complained**).
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Poske,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AKb4FNyE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-27T16:55:54.330+0000) > > K suggest to riot how to change Velkoz in such way he becomes a midlaner Reduce base damage but increase scalings. Make them reliant on farm and gold. {{champion:63}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:518}} are intended to be mid lane mages. Mages shouldn't be able to function on "Low econ". I don't mean make them a late game class, make them require proper items and gold to have an impact. They shouldn't be useful on 450g ({{item:3098}} )
>I don't mean make them a late game class, make them require proper items and gold to have an impact It´s self contradictory. Increasing their scalings and lowering base will make them get worse early and better mid/late -> Increasing scaling pushes them to a late game class. Also a worse early game will push them more into support role or just make them unplayable. Cause they will still have the tools to work as supports or their kit just favors to play against 2 enemies (Brand -> he needs to have passive and ult reworked for him to choose mid over bot) while they lack the damage to work on mid. If you want to see less mages on support overall damage needs to be fixed. And perhaps some other rebalance of the game. Why pick a traditional support if your carry dies almost instantly anyway? You could just pick a mage and peel for your carry while dealing good amounts of damage. Why should I play a mage midlane when the enemy assassine will make my life to hell? Even if I manage to win lane early (Fizz just needs lvl 6 to screw you with his ult).
Show more

dome025

Level 290 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion