: The new boards conspiracy theory: The finals were rigged!
At least we have something new to talk about :D Most of Boards posts nowadays is about matchmaking, balance and Senna. This was a breath of fresh air imo.
Lęmon (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5WdKUcj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-11T18:20:19.839+0000) > > EU fans aint upset because G2 lost. It's because they played so fucking horrible that it's hard to believe it's the same team that won every tournament this year and came to World finals just to do 180 in terms of skill, or to be more precise, from one of the best team to SoloQ apes. > It's simply too unreal :/ I am surprised they didn't play as well as usual. I understand that, but surely there are eu fans who are upset? I see that too though you're right.
> [{quoted}](name=Lęmon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5WdKUcj,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-11T19:10:38.415+0000) > > I am surprised they didn't play as well as usual. I understand that, but surely there are eu fans who are upset? I see that too though you're right. Well, there are prolly a good amount of EU fans who're upset because of this. But thats normal reaction, no different than any other sport :D
Lęmon (NA)
: "Worlds was rigged let me use the song Phoenix for proof."
EU fans aint upset because G2 lost. It's because they played so fucking horrible that it's hard to believe it's the same team that won every tournament this year and came to World finals just to do 180 in terms of skill, or to be more precise, from one of the best team to SoloQ apes. It's simply too unreal :/
: > [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=keHsI8qq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-11T10:23:56.278+0000) > > i don't own a phone and i'm "technically" homeless. how do i play your game? > > i was given a laptop back a few years ago to help with my education and since league is free I play it because I can't afford to play anything that costs money. Typically I use the local library's free wifi to play or smuggle in an ethernet cord. > > > your solution is invalid in self-serving. You were saying?
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=keHsI8qq,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2019-11-11T12:17:09.131+0000) > > You were saying? So just because 1 person plays in those specific conditions we shouldnt have a feature that would benefit the vast majority of the playerbase? Dont get me wrong, there are prolly more people in the same situation as that guy, but the number of those people is hella small compared to the rest of the playerbase with phone access. And if Riot has no issues removing gamemodes like Dominion or TT because there are barely any people playing it (and if I remember correctly, you were all for removing TT), I dont see why should we not put something like phone verification, despite a small amount of player not having a phone. At the very least that kind of feature should be optional, if not for the reasons OP mentioned, then because of your account security.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=GreenTeaAndPoro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Eh96r4wE,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-11T06:32:13.956+0000) > > actually here I will post it more then once. > > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her > So if you take her ADC I'm dodging. Stop taking her ADC until ppl learn how to play her So if I understood correctly, if some1 takes Senna as an ADC you will dodge the game?
: >Do you know how to fix League of Legends? Here: You must submit a valid mailing address and telephone number to sign up to play. Congratulations. You fucking killed League with perhaps the shittiest change possible. It does nothing but piss people off and drive people away from the game. You know what that stops? Literally nothing, because I can just throw a random phone number into google and get an approximate address. Then *trial and error* will give me the actual address. I figured out how to do that when I was ***12***. If a 12 year old can work around it, it's not going to actually stop anyone. What it *will* do is piss off people who had their addresses and/or numbers used for this. "But Dusk what if Riot requires verification?" Not everyone owns a cell phone, so SMS verification isn't viable, and they don't have time to make however many damn calls to verify the number, and, even if they did, you've still fucked over anyone with 2+ players per household. >If your account is permanently banned you can no longer play. Can we also change water to being wet? Since, you know, we're apparently changing things to how they already are, we should probably make sure water is indeed wet.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=keHsI8qq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-11T09:30:16.762+0000) > > "But Dusk what if Riot requires verification?" Not everyone owns a cell phone, so SMS verification isn't viable, and they don't have time to make however many damn calls to verify the number, and, even if they did, you've still fucked over anyone with 2+ players per household. If you have money for a PC and a stable internet connection, you should definitelly have money for a phone.
tyralie (EUW)
: premade bot
As some1 who plays both solo and duo and played against duos on bot as solo and duo...it's rly no different than playing solo against solo players on bot. The only difference is that duos respond more often and better to each other's actions. Duos aint automatically better than solo players, they're still gated by their individual skill level.
: I think there's a simpler explanation: G2 didn't play very well.
> [{quoted}](name=Der Lindwurm,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=vGjnuXQa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-10T15:57:50.221+0000) > > I think there's a simpler explanation: G2 didn't play very well. Despite me being a fan of G2 I agree, their performance was shit. Its still wierd how they how they just went from shitting on every other team to being royaly fucked..
: > [{quoted}](name=giannishannibal,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUYE4vtZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-10T15:59:11.850+0000) > > We won every tournament this year, we beat SKT and we made it to finals. > But I get it, your region was completely dogshit at Worlds so youre using this to vent your frustration. > But dont worry man, I would be mad as well if everyone considered my region and that region's pro scene a joke. > {{sticker:katarina-love}} You can say NA just chose to head out early instead of being falsely overhyped up to being a disappointment in the end, but whatever that makes you happy. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUYE4vtZ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-10T16:03:01.559+0000) > > You can say NA just chose to head out early instead of being falsely overhyped up to being a disappointment in the end, but whatever that makes you happy. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Twisting it wont change the fact that EU accomplished more than NA did at worlds.
: We won every tournament this year, we beat SKT and we made it to finals. But I get it, your region was completely dogshit at Worlds so youre using this to vent your frustration. But dont worry man, I would be mad as well if everyone considered my region and that region's pro scene a joke. {{sticker:katarina-love}}
> [{quoted}](name=giannishannibal,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUYE4vtZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-10T15:59:11.850+0000) > > We won every tournament this year, we beat SKT and we made it to finals. > But I get it, your region was completely dogshit at Worlds so youre using this to vent your frustration. > But dont worry man, I would be mad as well if everyone considered my region and that region's pro scene a joke. > {{sticker:katarina-love}} I feel honored cuz of you using my comment <3
: Hmm..
Dont want to give in to any conspiracy theories, but srsly wtf was g2 doing? Especially the 2nd game, that was painful to watch.. And thats the team that beat SKT...
crabekah (NA)
: Ban them. Get them out of my games. I get so sick of seeing smurfs.
> [{quoted}](name=crabekah,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZeJwrU22,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-11-09T17:52:06.389+0000) > > Ban them. Get them out of my games. I get so sick of seeing smurfs. So you want to ban some1 because they're better than you?
Sneakeh (EUNE)
: Nah, been playing URF since came out, duos are fun, giving me double kills
> [{quoted}](name=Sneakeh,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=H1YmXHXq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-09T12:53:11.604+0000) > > Nah, been playing URF since came out, duos are fun, giving me double kills Then whats the point of this post?
Sneakeh (EUNE)
: Remove duo from solo/duo
Is there any particular reason or you just got your ass beaten by a duo and youre salty about it?
: Yeah, I loved it when I had a Cannon Minion chasing me through (an unwarded) Brush and half a lane
> [{quoted}](name=Azazel Aerternum,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3fN0xdIo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-06T23:14:50.720+0000) > > Yeah, I loved it when I had a Cannon Minion chasing me through (an unwarded) Brush and half a lane Maybe he just wanted a friend{{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
Smyrage (EUNE)
: Sorry tank players, but as long as certain AP Tank builds still exist that are actually viable, I see no real reason to push them into the game more. Nobody likes playing against AP {{champion:54}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:111}} , because they are extremely toxic.
> [{quoted}](name=Smyrage,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ix1rnlss,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-11-06T09:25:37.856+0000) > > Sorry tank players, but as long as certain AP Tank builds still exist that are actually viable, I see no real reason to push them into the game more. Nobody likes playing against AP {{champion:54}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:111}} , because they are extremely toxic. Who plays AP maokai and naut??
Kai Guy (NA)
: > but ffs that should not be happening in fucking gold Ranks only have significance inside of the system. Riot sets that and can make it represent what % the wish. > And how do you know it? By reading? Sry bro I only believe in it when I see it. Learning is important for understanding. If you never learned addition, or hypothetically don't even how to read? Then you would not be able to Solve "one plus one equals?" Make the effort to learn about a topic. I get seeing is believing but any one who pretends like the seahawks did not win the superbowl 2014 because they did not watch the game is an idiot. Information is out there. You want sources for elo and MMR I can provide the links so you can see it. Your unwilling to spend time learning and ignore reality? Not my fault or issue. > 2,by the time those new players realise they aint ready they will drag so many players down with them. Do some basic math. We are talking about 1 game by 1 game so with RNG 4 teammates losing and 5 enemys gaining. More players gain then lose. Then as Next game they have different teammates and 5 new enemys gain. More people go up then down, more RNG players gain then lose. Only person sinking every single game a completely outclassed player is in... is the outclassed player. The opposite holds true for over skilled players as they climb. Not hard. Long as its not you, worst player is on the enemy team more times then your team. If its you, every game its you, every game its on your team. > True, they're not the majority. But when you pair it up with leavers, trolls, autofills...that becomes a common enough to the point where it impact your games quite a bit, and not in a positive way. How is a non majority not by definition uncommon? Also, I do have issues with Riots MM. I think mismatches are to fucking common. I don't think its a MM failure, just some of their other systems not doing a good enough job. Duoing for one, not removing toxic players quickly enough for another. > But you see, I dont need free wins from trolls I hate those games as well. Like, Losing and winning because some idiot refused to play competitively sucks. I am just relaying information, stating how things are to the very best of my knowledge after looking into the topic and learning. That does not mean I embrace or endorse it. How it breaks down is pretty simple. If its not you, the weakest or the guy who wants to lose is on the enemy team more games then your team. that's just what happens because your a slot on your team 100% of games and it leaves 4/9 remaining slots to go to your team and 5/9 slots to be on the enemy side. All I am saying, this is how it is. > If I wanted to play games based in randomness, guess what? I would go and gamble on csgo, at least there I have a chance of getting something with a high RL value. If you don't control your teammates there will be randomness. Shit, even if its a sports team there is some fucking randomness. Humans are god dam inconsistent. A top tier QB can have off games. How it goes. Go play solo player PvE games with no RNG if its an issue for your game aesthetics. > In that case it's no suprise that no1 is taking ranked seriously xD Life in general is unfair. You wanna win then you play for wins. If the "underdog" could never win then nobody would give a shit about competition. Again, The idiots who hard lose games end up on the other team more often then your side. Take it seriously and you have a house advantage. Don't? You deserve every loss you coulda won but fucked around instead of winning. > That's true. But that doesnt mean ranked should be left in this state where you need to hope that each game the enemy team will be fucked over by all kinds of bs more times than you so you can climb. They will if its not you being the problem. LLN works. My attitude is remove the shit that makes games BS. Assholes who want losses. Restrict # of accounts. Make duoing less of a huge % range of population. Improve gameplay and behavior systems to target and fix the things MM can not reliably impact. I want a better game, I play it. Improvements only help me have more fun. Ignoring reality is dumb so I refuse to do it. Gameplay in PVP is Player generated. Make shure players generate good gameplay form behavior. Riot can improve on things. That's how it goes. Those improvements might be really unpopular, but fk it quality first right? There will be ruined games. Take steps to lower and reduces that for quality is what I want.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T3EXvMfE,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-06T09:40:37.111+0000) > > Learning is important for understanding. If you never learned addition, or hypothetically don't even how to read? Then you would not be able to Solve "one plus one equals?" Make the effort to learn about a topic. I get seeing is believing but any one who pretends like the seahawks did not win the superbowl 2014 because they did not watch the game is an idiot. Information is out there. You want sources for elo and MMR I can provide the links so you can see it. Your unwilling to spend time learning and ignore reality? Not my fault or issue. If that "source" of your comes from Riot or is confirmed as a legit source by them then yea, drop it and I'll give it a red. If it's not, I rly dont care since for all we know they might use something different for a MM system. And it's not the system that bothers me, but the issues inside of it. Take a look around the Boards, do you see any1 saying ranked is okay this season? Posts like this one should give you an answer. Ask streamers aswell. There is a reason they prefer smurfing in low elo rather than playing in high elo. > Not hard. Long as its not you, worst player is on the enemy team more times then your team. If its you, every game its you, every game its on your team. And again, thats not making ranked feel better to play. Get that in your skull, not every1 wants cheap wins. Some of us want challenge. Stomping or getting stomed aint it chief. > I hate those games as well. Like, Losing and winning because some idiot refused to play competitively sucks. If you rly hate those kind of games you wouldnt say shit like "you will climb as long as the enemy team has an idiot in their team, assuming its not you". You just contradicted yourself. > If you don't control your teammates there will be randomness. Shit, even if its a sports team there is some fucking randomness. Humans are god dam inconsistent. A top tier QB can have off games. How it goes. Go play solo player PvE games with no RNG if its an issue for your game aesthetics. And like I said, I dont mind losing if we just got outskilled fair and square. In those games I can learn something, since despite being evenly-matched they still had something that gave them an edge over us. What can I learn in a game where some1 inted my ass, or was just way below the skill level of other players, aka, new player in a gold game? NOTHING. > Life in general is unfair. Are you fucking serious??? Pls stop pissing me off with stupid shit like this. If this is the best thing you can type, dont type at all. This is a videogame, not a real life. > I want a better game, I play it. Improvements only help me have more fun. Ignoring reality is dumb so I refuse to do it. I dont rly see you want it, since you type dogshit things like "its just life lmao". It just seems like you enjoy the cheap climb because of how fucked ranked is. > There will be ruined games. Take steps to lower and reduces that for quality is what I want. Yea right xDDD If that was rly the case you wouldnt defend stuff like this. But w/e keep being a cheap player. I'm done here.
Kai Guy (NA)
: Skill is not a known variable with zero data. You can not run a skill ladder or a skill MM system with 0 information on some ones skill. So MMR MM is not just "skill biased matchmaking" its also the system that has to measure out skill. There would be no need to Rate players if we could instantly know how good they are. Skill is not a constant, its changes, people can improve or get worse. MMR ratings represent a mean performance average. If you don't want to see "newbies" in your games you only need the ability to climb above the MMR they exist in. If you cant do that despite the fact the player your complaining about will with LLN provide more wins then losses, you lack the ability to play at that level. > The thing is that it shouldn't happen. It just ruins games. No matter what you say to justify it, it's just fucking over actual silver/gold players. The populations skill curve of Rating wont change. Swaping the titles wont fix it. Its going to be a system built around averages. So, change the starting value, ladder will distribute to match that change. This fucks over ALL players. Those silver/Gold folks are now sinking slowly into the new starting MMR, and now not only do they still get the games your calling unacceptable their rank is also dropped to what ever you set as "starting" Raiting. Iron, bronze. Where ever you put it, that's where a majority of the player base will be playing. > In oder for game to be competitve you need a competition on both sides. How is playing against a literal newbie and sweeping the floor with him a competition? Spoiler alert, it's not. The have some time to learn the game prior to queing for ranked. If some one thinks they have the ability and goes into ranked lacking that ability? bo hoo. That's on them. You compeate with out the ability to back it up then you pay the price. That's life. No devs are obligated to hold some ones hand and spoon feed them skill. Again, that's only gonna happen in a fraction of a players games. Better MM lowers the Frequency. I wont make any claims for riots system apart from I do believe there is room for them to improve their MM. If you do something stupid, run a secondary skill curve, the exact same issue happens. Its already something you can observe. Normal are an independent curve. If you don't have the "skill" from normal going into ranked you get demolished. Same issue, If you make a secondary curve for high uncertainty players for ranked, then when they start to blend into the curve, if they cant cut it, they get demolished. The main difference is that because they spend time in a separate que that gives them inaccurate raitings, when they blend they do so at a wider range of the ladder. Impacting more games, and because you only blend when uncertainty would be lower? they spend more time IN the main population curve fucking up more games. Its better to run a high K, dead weight will sink from that. People who can stomp will climb. No attempts to match skill are not competitive. MMR is the best option. It has its flaws, but its proven to work. Just needs the data, and it will have mismatched games from high uncertainty. > Yea, if people actually manage to escape from an MMR of a newbie. But thats kinda hard for some of us, since it wont stop until mid/high gold. So losing a game because we were unlucky enough to get a newbie whos barely able to move, let alone play properly, on top of other bs, while having 0 control over it, is not fair. If you think it's fair then it's the same as thinking having a troll in your team is fair aswell. But at that point you would lose all credibility. The point is that, if I go in ranked and I'm silver 2, I want to play with actual silvers. I dont want to play with a fresh lvl 30 who got his silver MMR by default. I want players of my skill level which should increase as my elo increases. I agree, A majority of games with a good MM should be exactly what you want. Your an established silver 2 player? Majority of what you play should be with established players and mismatches from uncertainty are not a majority. I can only relay information as it stands. The curve will adjust to a change of starting MMR value to make that become the majority range. This is how its designed and how it measures player skill. The way the math functions for averages and probability is going to create the same end results with LLN. Same way Because Its multiple games, not single ones. I do consider having a troll on my team "fair." I think it makes the match complete shit and not fun. I am not an idiot whos going to claim it makes "fair gameplay" But I will have more wins then lose because of trolls. If the enemy team had the ability to get that troll or what BS toxic behavior some one chose to do. That's fair. Randomness is fair in how it treats people. Acting like things that only impact my team are the only things that matter is unfair. Gameplay is completely irrelevant to Elo systems. 1 or 0. win or loss. Quality or concern for how much fun it was are not tracked or considered variables. That's why I direct people to get annoyed at Riots behavior systems. To request improvements to ban and remove trolls and toxic accounts ASAP. they suck all the fun out of a game. I don't enjoy losing because of egos. I don't find winning because some one is running it down mid to be fun. This is not something MM will care about. I know that sounds weird, so please don't blindly trust me or disbelieve me. Go and look it up. [Its well documented.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system) Think for a second why can Elo be used for so many different sports and games and even abstractions like a MM algorithms for literally Matchmaking dating sites like Tinder? What I am trying to explain, its probability systems not game design. Look into it, you should be able to see if this is the truth behind the reason it can be used to make ratings for songs on sites like pandora, popularity on Facebook, chess, scrabble, football, or curling. Its breakdown of possible outcomes into likely hood of those outcomes then comparison to see if there's a gap between expectations vs reality. If skill could be accurately judge with out data? that would be nice. The treatment of all players is equal, the behavior of the system is always the same. That's about all the "Fairness" you will get and should expect. You want to see Truly competitive? Its not gonna be a RNG que in a team game. Its gonna be premade 5 man teams. Proplay is a pro team for that reason. You want to play a majority of your games vs your peers? Elo and MMR systems do that but are not at all perfect and cant accurate rate people with low data. LLN needs time to shine.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T3EXvMfE,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-11-04T00:18:23.663+0000) > > If you don't want to see "newbies" in your games you only need the ability to climb above the MMR they exist in. If you cant do that despite the fact the player your complaining about will with LLN provide more wins then losses, you lack the ability to play at that level. And again, thats kinda hard since that shit keeps happening all the way to gold 2 (source: my friend who peaked gold 2 this season was getting fresh lvl 30's while playing solo, and I also kept getting them when I was gold 4) It's kinda acceptable in the elo im currently in (or at least used to be during the old lvling system, runes and IP) but ffs that should not be happening in fucking gold. And btw this is a team game so rly that shit youre saying aint that valid. If youre smurfing then ye, you can climb with ease, but thats because youre WAY above those players skill-wise. Thats not the case for your usual low-elo player. I'm not saying I deserve to climb. If I dont deserve it I dont, thats fine. But at least show me I dont deserve it because I cant beat the opponent of my skill level, not because of some out-of-my-control shit like fresh lvl 30 getting shit on, or a troll, or a dc is fucking me up. > The populations skill curve of Rating wont change. Swaping the titles wont fix it. Its going to be a system built around averages. So, change the starting value, ladder will distribute to match that change. This fucks over ALL players. Those silver/Gold folks are now sinking slowly into the new starting MMR, and now not only do they still get the games your calling unacceptable their rank is also dropped to what ever you set as "starting" Raiting. Iron, bronze. Where ever you put it, that's where a majority of the player base will be playing. And how do you know it? By reading? Sry bro I only believe in it when I see it. > The have some time to learn the game prior to queing for ranked. If some one thinks they have the ability and goes into ranked lacking that ability? bo hoo. That's on them. You compeate with out the ability to back it up then you pay the price. That's life. No devs are obligated to hold some ones hand and spoon feed them skill. 1. It's too little time because you dont have to invest any games past lvl 30...no need to grind them to afford champs and runes. Youre set for ranked resource-wise before lvl 30 (will seind ss if you want to see what I mean) 2. by the time those new players realise they aint ready they will drag so many players down with them. > I agree, A majority of games with a good MM should be exactly what you want. Your an established silver 2 player? Majority of what you play should be with established players and mismatches from uncertainty are not a majority. True, they're not the majority. But when you pair it up with leavers, trolls, autofills...that becomes a common enough to the point where it impact your games quite a bit, and not in a positive way. > Because Its multiple games, not single ones. I do consider having a troll on my team "fair." I think it makes the match complete shit and not fun. I am not an idiot whos going to claim it makes "fair gameplay" But I will have more wins then lose because of trolls. But you see, I dont need free wins from trolls. I need quality games. Idc if I lose so much to the point where I fall in Iron, as long as I'm losing simply because the enemy team is better than mine. > If the enemy team had the ability to get that troll or what BS toxic behavior some one chose to do. That's fair. Randomness is fair in how it treats people. Acting like things that only impact my team are the only things that matter is unfair. If I wanted to play games based in randomness, guess what? I would go and gamble on csgo, at least there I have a chance of getting something with a high RL value. > The treatment of all players is equal, the behavior of the system is always the same. That's about all the "Fairness" you will get and should expect. In that case it's no suprise that no1 is taking ranked seriously xD > You want to see Truly competitive? Its not gonna be a RNG que in a team game. Its gonna be premade 5 man teams. Proplay is a pro team for that reason. That's true. But that doesnt mean ranked should be left in this state where you need to hope that each game the enemy team will be fucked over by all kinds of bs more times than you so you can climb.
Saezio (EUNE)
: And you can have smurfs in soloq low elo as well. It's the same thing. By your logic none should take that seriously either..
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LTJjjgtb,comment-id=000000000001000000020000,timestamp=2019-11-05T15:50:21.558+0000) > > And you can have smurfs in soloq low elo as well. It's the same thing. By your logic none should take that seriously either.. They're not common. It's the same as with trolling accusations. Players think some1 is smurfing because they hard stomp the game, while in reality thats not the case. It is happening, just not enough to the point where that rank gamemode is considered a joke. And btw, SoloQ isnt taken that seriously nowadays either.. In flex, there will be players of various skill levels AT ALL TIMES. And it leads to every game being an imbalanced shitshow. It's basically a glorified normal game. Do you take norms seriously? I certainly dont. So in the end, moving duos to flex aint fix anything. It will only move issues OP named (even tho I think thats exaggerated but w/e) to flex, which wont make flex a serious mod, it will only make it a bigger joke. Just think about it. Players already dont give a shit about flex rank unless they want extra rewards for reaching gold. So put duos in a mode which they wont take seriously and add stuff like duos trolling the surrender vote to hold the team hostage and you get a fucking circus of a gamemode. Just let that sink in. That doesnt make things any better.
Saezio (EUNE)
: Flex??? Would also make flex more serious with all duos being there. Or simply keep both solo/duo and test a solo only queue in a region to see if people respond to it.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LTJjjgtb,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-11-03T21:39:18.857+0000) > > Flex??? Would also make flex more serious with all duos being there. The problem with flexQ is that it doesnt take into cobsideration SoloQ rank. So you can have high elo player in low elo. As long thats a thing, no1 will take flex seriously.
: What is your Favorite Snack to munch on while Playing League.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Beer. Makes tolerating reworks just a tiny bit easier.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fhc9N3l6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-05T08:30:03.235+0000) > > Beer. Makes tolerating reworks just a tiny bit easier. I see, youre a man of culture aswell.
Kai Guy (NA)
: Never said it was? Just that it happens. People act like correct placement is easy with 0 data. That's bullshit. Skill is something that exists even at unknown values but measuring it requires proof. So,Knowing some ones skill is not the starting point. MMR MM needs to locate where some one is going to fit into the curve first before you see them not make games into mismatches. Being wrong and self correcting. That's why its good for something like "skill" that changes over time people can improve their skill at things from their starting point. Especially in a game like Leauge where skill can shift outside of player control. (balance thru patches, reworks, meta shifts, item changes.) Consistent positive Win trends in your Class interval move you away from it higher. Negative trends sink you down. Anything inside the standard deviation expectations floats there for eternity till they have positive or negative trends. After 30 games the odds of some one winning all or losing all are basically 0. 1 set in 1,073,741,824 I believe? If you remove the people who are providing a lot of wins to more players then the create losses for, you sink the ladder. Until the people who need to have those wins start seeing them again just to tread water. Just how its going to go. I feel its fair to tell people that as a rule of thumb, High uncertainty matches = Low gameplay quality. "stronger" MM is lowering the time it takes to correctly locate accounts in the curve so you don't have them at high uncertainty. Again, there are only so many possible combinations of W or L. There will be an average and thats why I keep talking about a curve. That's also why I am constantly point out that gameplay issues are best solved by fixing it by considering gameplay. MM wont care about gameplay experience. Its looking at wins and losses. That's really it, all it needs and takes from a match played. Fun, Close, feeders,strong team,weak team. It really does not care about that. Its competitive because it will get people to the correct part of a curve and then you see games are with and vs peers. Your not mismatched and single handedly stomping or mismatched and single handedly losing. You do still see mismatched games, some one might come and stomp or come and flop. That's not you thou, and variance in performance is expected. MMR is a mean raiting not an absolute one. It's a range of expectations not a single whole number, its just an averaged representation of skill. its fair because it moves people in relation to what the accomplish and it looks to lower mismatched games by design. Gameplay thou is gameplay. People confuse the issue. Like, If how a majority of games are played is feast or famine resulting in 1 sided stomps. Nothing will fix that in MM.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T3EXvMfE,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-03T19:20:25.082+0000) > > Never said it was? Just that it happens. The thing is that it shouldnt happen. It just ruins games. No matter what you say to justify it, it's just fucking over actual silver/gold players. > Its competitive because it will get people to the correct part of a curve and then you see games are with and vs peers. Your not mismatched and single handedly stomping or mismatched and single handedly losing. You do still see mismatched games, some one might come and stomp or come and flop. That's not you thou, and variance in performance is expected. MMR is a mean raiting not an absolute one. It's a range of expectations not a single whole number, its just an averaged representation of skill. In oder for game to be competitve you need a competition on both sides. How is playing against a literal newbie and sweeping the floor with him a competition? Spoiler alert, it's not. > its fair because it moves people in relation to what the accomplish and it looks to lower mismatched games by design. Yea, if people actually manage to escape from an MMR of a newbie. But thats kinda hard for some of us, since it wont stop until mid/high gold. So losing a game because we were unlucky enough to get a newbie whos barely able to move, let alone play properly, on top of other bs, while having 0 control over it, is not fair. If you think it's fair then it's the same as thinking having a troll in your team is fair aswell. But at that point you would lose all credibility. The point is that, if I go in ranked and I'm silver 2, I want to play with actual silvers. I dont want to play with a fresh lvl 30 who got his silver MMR by default. I want players of my skill level which should increase as my elo increases.
Unker139 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ambitious Minnow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T3EXvMfE,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-11-03T16:21:02.599+0000) > > That's not math at all. New players, because of their lack of xp and statistical Math, should be the worst of the worst, aha should be at bottom. Why would new players be average players??? New ranked players are unknown. They might be bad...they might also have a thousand normal games or it might be a new account for a good player. A new ranked account is 0-0...think of it as the same as 500-500. Starting new players at the bottom would be like staring them at 0-500. Its not fair to give them automatic losses just because. The bottom players have proven themselves bad. New players haven't proven anything good or bad.
> [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T3EXvMfE,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2019-11-03T17:59:30.907+0000) > > Starting new players at the bottom would be like staring them at 0-500. Its not fair to give them automatic losses just because. The bottom players have proven themselves bad. New players haven't proven anything good or bad. It's actually fair. If they're better than the bottom players, they will climb. If they're not, they wont.
Kai Guy (NA)
: > The overwhelming majority of "new"players are exactly that, new or generally inexperienced. These players should be placed in the middle of the new player skill curve, they should not be placed in the middle of the general player skill curve. That. Makes. No. Sense. The quickest way to find if some one belongs in a Range for MM to use which lowers the total # of mismatched games that player is in and causes. When you change the starting point the ladder? It will redistribute. All the folks who broke even and treaded water because they get more wins from weaker players and newbies lose that source of wins. They then will start to sink. The people who beat them to break even. They start to sink. Give it time, the ladder then reflects the "newbie" starting point as the center of the curve and hey people are again being put there. The odds favor you to see the worst player in the match be on the enemy team. Pretty dramatically. Remember Roulette with its 18/36 distribution odds? If a game losingly bad player is in a match and its not you, then you get the house advantage. 5 players per team. 4 slots on your team due to you being in 1. 5 on their team. Always will be 4/9 vs 5/9. Aka 0.44 0.55 Thats 56% to 44% odds rounded. By your own admission you think a majority of these players are free wins. LLN works. Riots "Ranks" are shiny distractions, they have no meaning outside of what segment of the curve they represent. They could have a majority of players not earn any rank until you hit bench mark percentiles. Top 30% minimum to earn bronze for example. They can make a majority be in iron or bronze. Its not going to change how a Curve is made and the impact of changing what the starting MMR is. > The obvious solution is to measure the skill of these new players before introducing thru into the general system. Until they start showing up at higher randomness over the ranked ladder creating longer streaks of chaos and mismatched low quality games. If it was a tournament then yea it would be easy to have some test or min requirements. Its a 24/7 MM que. Killing population kills que quality. More people is better for tighter ranges. Downside is having to deal with some god awful mismatched high uncertainty games. If I wanted to ensure a min level of skill then I would make Minigames that teach players basic mechanics that are needed to function Cant beat a arbitrary Minimum value cant que for ranked. Like CS simulator and you struggle to LH 1 per wave? GTFO no one wants an adc doing that. On paper its fine. In practice people wont behave the way I want. So I get it. I understand mismatches suck. But... Is it really Riots job to hold everybody's hand and spoon feed them skill and knowledge or is it on the player who wants to get better to improve?
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T3EXvMfE,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-03T18:32:17.847+0000) > > Give it time, the ladder then reflects the "newbie" starting point as the center of the curve and hey people are again being put there. The odds favor you to see the worst player in the match be on the enemy team. Pretty dramatically. Remember Roulette with its 18/36 distribution odds? If a game losingly bad player is in a match and its not you, then you get the house advantage. How is hoping that you get a bad player in the enemy team even remotely competitive and fair?
Sspencer (NA)
: Why do new players start with low gold mmr?
Apparently thats how it should work, although in reality it just makes games imbalanced.
: Do you think this game has been dumbed down?
I agree with you, the game is dumbed down, but not because of the reasons you mentioned. Imo it's because of the new leveling system, new player rewards, being able to choose lanes you wanna queue up for and new runes. Before season 8 it was harder to get to lvl 30. But even after that you needed IP for champs, runes and optimally rune pages. Because of this you needed to play more games to get IP. And when you combined with how ranked was blind pick, you had to learn all roles on at least the basic level. Nowadays new players get so much BE and new champs that past lvl 30 you dont have to grind games to be able to buy champs. Runes are also free and can be edited in champ select so you dont have to buy runes and rune pages. And learning 2 roles takes much less time than learning 5 roles. All of this resulted in players not having to play a lot of games past lvl 30, which also means they dont get as much gameplay experience.
Abandon (OCE)
: Despite my disdain for this season personally... HOLY CRAP HAS WORLDS BEEN EXCITING.
As much as I love g2, I kinde feel bad for faker. At one moment, when the camera zoomed on him he seemed rly upset...his hands were fucking shaking :/ Never thought I'll see him reacting like that.
Ulanopo (NA)
: Proposed Rules Update to Gameplay Sub-Board (Feedback Wanted)
> DO UPVOTE QUALITY CONTENT Ahh so the community is the one who decides whats quality content and whats not, aka, if you dont think like the rest of the Boards hivemind, your post is shit, regardless of how the post is written.
: It's obvious that one of the pieces of feedback we're getting here is that many people remain unhappy with the moderation program. I will only ask to remind people that we're human. We handle so much every day that most of the Boards never see, including really serious criminal hacks and threats and vicious racism - that's a big reason that our process of curating the *rest* of the material here can feel so harried and imperfect - but people still keep saying things like "Fire the mods! Dock their pay!" here, seemingly oblivious to the fact that we don't collect any pay and are unpaid volunteers. I'll be happy to start a conversation with those who are unhappy about how the moderation program can be improved - maybe on another thread, I'll talk to Ula about it.
> [{quoted}](name=CaliCoastReplay,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XPgk5MhA,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2019-11-03T03:49:08.128+0000) > > We handle so much every day that most of the Boards never see, including really serious criminal hacks and threats and vicious racism - that's a big reason that our process of curating the *rest* of the material here can feel so harried and imperfect - but people still keep saying things like "Fire the mods! Dock their pay!" here, seemingly oblivious to the fact that we don't collect any pay and are unpaid volunteers. "serious criminal hacks"? lmao okay buddy thats just too much bs in three words. "threats and vicious racism"? Welcome to the internet, hope you'll have a good time xD Oh and no1 is saying to "dock your pay" because we know youre not getting paid so pls stop with lying.
: > [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pHxkq3Tl,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-03T00:53:46.727+0000) > > That doesnt make any sense ahhaha kinda sounds wierd :P > I would like if they simply removed the account if it changed region...unless riot already does it. I changed regions but my EUNE account (now its this EUW one) stayed registered on op.gg so I'm not sure if it's the same in the game. > > I'll check tomorrow (about to go to sleep) to see what it says if I try to check my "EUNE acc" from some other EUNE acc and I'll get back to ya if thats okay. Ok, that is true about the not really sounding good. I just want something LIKE that. Not exactly that. But I also like the idea of just removing the account. But they wouldn't like it just deleting their account. Maybe if there was a warning that if they transferred it would delete it. Yeah, I like your idea. I just hope Riot actually looks at this and considers it. Anyway, 'night.
> [{quoted}](name=GalaxyBandit18,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pHxkq3Tl,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-03T01:05:17.036+0000) > > Ok, that is true about the not really sounding good. I just want something LIKE that. Not exactly that. But I also like the idea of just removing the account. But they wouldn't like it just deleting their account. Maybe if there was a warning that if they transferred it would delete it. Yeah, I like your idea. I just hope Riot actually looks at this and considers it. I meant that if you tried to find an account on X server that moved on Y server it would be like an account is gone from X server. So for example my EUNE nick was Midg3t and when I moved to west I had to use this name. So my idea is if you tried to search for Midg3t on EUNE you wouldnt be able to find it. Like that acc doesnt exist anymore on EUNE, despite it being active on EUW.
: > [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pHxkq3Tl,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-03T00:37:29.356+0000) > > Maybe this "last seen: never" thingy is because the person either got banned or changed region. Ok maybe but then shouldn't there be something more like "Last Seen: changed region" instead?
> [{quoted}](name=GalaxyBandit18,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pHxkq3Tl,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-03T00:47:10.941+0000) > > Ok maybe but then shouldn't there be something more like "Last Seen: changed region" instead? That doesnt make any sense ahhaha kinda sounds wierd :P I would like if they simply removed the account if it changed region...unless riot already does it. I changed regions but my EUNE account (now its this EUW one) stayed registered on op.gg so I'm not sure if it's the same in the game. I'll check tomorrow (about to go to sleep) to see what it says if I try to check my "EUNE acc" from some other EUNE acc and I'll get back to ya if thats okay.
: Please Riot: Name Changing and "Last Seen: NEVER"
Maybe this "last seen: never" thingy is because the person either got banned or changed region.
: OK GD I'm about to start drinking booze-booze for the first time ever.
This post makes me think im a fucking alcoholic since i started drinking at the age of 16-17 xD Oh and small advice- dont mix drinks, or at least not too much. Shit will backfire on ya really hard.
: > [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WyTk6t0g,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-11-02T13:37:01.116+0000) > > Not only youre banning some1s champ on purpose, but youre admitting to provoking some1 to "take an advantage" of it. > Thats really fucked up. I will always ban zed though, it doesn't matter if someone delcared Zed or not I ban him anyways, if there however does happen to be a Zed player and I ban Zed 99% of the time they ban my declared champion so I might as well declare a champion I hate to take advantage of it. Someone declaring Zed does not go over my desire to never see a Zed ingame.
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WyTk6t0g,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-02T18:00:59.237+0000) > > I will always ban zed though, it doesn't matter if someone delcared Zed or not I ban him anyways, if there however does happen to be a Zed player and I ban Zed 99% of the time they ban my declared champion so I might as well declare a champion I hate to take advantage of it. Someone declaring Zed does not go over my desire to never see a Zed ingame. No matter whats your excuse the fact is thats toxic behaviour. And it's rather pathetic. Not that i rly care tho, I'm mostly wondering how is this getting upvoted by the same people who're prolly shaking and crying when some1 flames them. And this kind of shit is the best way to provoke toxicity. Either boards are too dumb to realise that or my theory that people are just pretending to be offended to get attention is true. I mean, do what u want, but dont be suprised when some1 decides to troll your game over it {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: > [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WyTk6t0g,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-11-02T09:52:25.865+0000) > > Since when are Boards okay with promoting toxicity? how is this being toxic? it's taking advantage of someone's anger
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WyTk6t0g,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-11-02T12:15:21.329+0000) > > how is this being toxic? it's taking advantage of someone's anger Not only youre banning some1s champ on purpose, but youre admitting to provoking some1 to "take an advantage" of it. Thats really fucked up.
: If You Want To Ban 2 Champions In Urf Declare A Champion You Hate Then Ban Zed
Since when are Boards okay with promoting toxicity?
: 15K TRUE DMG WITH THIS BUILD!! | STACKING UP NEW LETHALITY ITEMS WILL DESTROY YOUR ENEMIES!!
Jikker (NA)
: What did you do for Halloween?
It was kinda boring. i went out to drink with my friends but after 2-3 hours we were like "fuck this, its cold and boring, lets go home" xD
Nithke (EUW)
: There is totally something wrong with that, if you saw high elo players complaining about Pyke when he was OP, it's because silvers were able to reach high diamond just because of their picks, OTPS are stuck and hate the game, even tyler1 is playing Kaisa because you need it to climb nowadays, so no, it's not a good thing, doing everythind you can to win is a good thing, abusing the potato balance of the game isn't. In URF people play broken shit to satisfy their ego and spam their best "ez i stomped" every game, basically it's an ego booster at this point. There's even a huge portion of players that actually spam urf on some smurfs to stomp even harder. Basically, people are assholes going with the strongest builds instead of actually having fun, Urf was about trying cool builds with funny way of playing the games and trying new things that you couldn't do before, you could even have some side objectives like reach maximum stacks on like Chogath Nasus Veigar etc... Now URF is an abomination where I can't even have fun playing except when I'm with friends. You and those players are stuck with the mentality that winning just to win is fun, when it actually never mattered in URF, people used to make games last hours to test the limits of the game, now games last 12 minutes because a Riven main with lethality build had 50 kills and nuked everyone. As I already said the problem is the community and it's tryhard mentality with this win to win culture
> [{quoted}](name=Nithke,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AxKerxNA,comment-id=000900000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T21:02:11.029+0000) > > There is totally something wrong with that, if you saw high elo players complaining about Pyke when he was OP, it's because silvers were able to reach high diamond just because of their picks Yea sure xD If you said plat to diamond I would believe you, but from silver to diamond....thats rly exaggerated buddy, lying to make an argument aint good :D > OTPS are stuck and hate the game, even tyler1 is playing Kaisa because you need it to climb nowadays, so no, it's not a good thing, doing everythind you can to win is a good thing, abusing the potato balance of the game isn't. Then by your logic we should play weak champs in ranked because "abusing potato balance" is bad? lmao sure, go for it, press F to pay respect to your LP. I mean sure, it would be nice to go back to onetricking karma but sadly shes so bad to play it's not fun, it's frustrating. These are different times where you need to be flexible on your champ pool because just playing one champ or play a champ thats not meta aint worth it. Sad, but true. > In URF people play broken shit to satisfy their ego and spam their best "ez i stomped" every game, basically it's an ego booster at this point. There's even a huge portion of players that actually spam urf on some smurfs to stomp even harder. And thats just your opinion xD It never fell on your mind that, idk, people have fun playing "broken shit"? But nah, cant be that, that doesnt suit your argument. > Basically, people are assholes going with the strongest builds instead of actually having fun, Urf was about trying cool builds with funny way of playing the games and trying new things that you couldn't do before, you could even have some side objectives like reach maximum stacks on like Chogath Nasus Veigar etc... How do you know they dont have fun? > Now URF is an abomination where I can't even have fun playing except when I'm with friends. No its not abomination, you just dont like the fact that people have fun playing shit you dont like. And instead of accepting it and finding your own fun, you claim they "play broken shit to satisfy their ego". In a couple of days, we'll never have URF again, so why not suck it up and let people have fun? This game rly lacks fun nowadays.. > You and those players are stuck with the mentality that winning just to win is fun, when it actually never mattered in URF, people used to make games last hours to test the limits of the game, now games last 12 minutes because a Riven main with lethality build had 50 kills and nuked everyone. Which people? 1-2 group of friends that had too much time on their hands? Wow cool. Wanna hear how it actually went for most players? People played whatever they felt like playing and games ended in 20 or so minutes. Not much different than now, except we have new runes, some new champs, etc. > As I already said the problem is the community and it's tryhard mentality with this win to win culture It's a competitive game, what did you expect?
DonCoral (NA)
: New To LoL, Should I wait until next season to do my placements?
I would recommend you to wait until next season. But even then dont play ranked for couple of months, cuz of 2 reasons: 1. every1's rank will reset so it will be a shitshow, to say the least. Wait until the dust settles (both in ranked and balance-wise) then you'll have much better experience imo. 2. Since youre new, take your time to learn the game. Find the role(s) you will main, champs you will main, preferably learn a lil bit of supporting since autofill will most likely put on support. Learn how to play the lane, your champ, learn a lil bit about the meta, etc. One of the 1st advices I saw regarding ranked is to play at least 200 or so normals before going in ranked. During that time you should learn the game enough to be decent at the game. Ofc you dont have toi lliterally play that much if you dont want/ you cant, but the point is that more games played = learn the game better.
: I think it's far too flexible an ability to simply let exist as it is. It's a very wide radius, it makes allies invisible in it, and disguises them when they leave. It's got too much utility for disengaging and engaging, as well as surprise ganking. It pulls off the mimicry mechanic far better than Neeko actually does - and Neeko is the shapeshifter. The ability is far too overloaded for what it offers to the team, and she's going to be sent to the gutter faster than Kalista was because of it's impact on higher ELOs, which will make her a meme pick at lower ELO.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hLi3k5En,comment-id=0000000400000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-30T16:34:25.417+0000) > > I think it's far too flexible an ability to simply let exist as it is. It's a very wide radius, it makes allies invisible in it, and disguises them when they leave. It's got too much utility for disengaging and engaging, as well as surprise ganking. It pulls off the mimicry mechanic far better than Neeko actually does - and Neeko is the shapeshifter. And you just came to that conclusion based on a spotlight video... until we see the numbers and how she will settle in this meta its too bold to assume anything. Youre ONLY looking at what spell does . You need to look at how it will affect the game. And my previous comment shows exactly what I mean by that. > The ability is far too overloaded for what it offers to the team, and she's going to be sent to the gutter faster than Kalista was because of it's impact on higher ELOs, which will make her a meme pick at lower ELO. Ikr, all those high elo games showed that to us... oh w8, she's not even on live servers yet :P
: > [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AxKerxNA,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T23:05:25.976+0000) > > Mad/upset/frustrated, however you wanna call it. If you werent frustrated about it you wouldnt go out of your way to say that picking strong URF champs is sad. > Like srsly, it's a fucking 4fun gamemode that we prolly will never play again. Cant you just let players have fun at this time? This game rly lacks it. How im going out of my way im not making threads like others saying urf is trash etc. So how em i going out of my way ? Im not upset xD and y people are having sure but at the expens of others. Try to see it from our standpoint nothing wrong with picking stuff you like but it cant be that like only 20 champs are fun to play out of what 145 champs y some pick other things but i mostly see the champs champ over and over again and i have only 1 ban. Heck i even would honor the enemy for it if they play something diffrent that what like almost everybody picks.
> [{quoted}](name=World peace plz,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AxKerxNA,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T15:32:27.041+0000) > > Im not upset xD and y people are having sure but at the expens of others. So just because you dont have fun every1 else shouldnt pick what they want, therefore taking their fun away, because you dont have fun playing against it? Thats selfish way of thinking. Every1 have right to have fun, especially in a 4fun gamemode like URF. And especially since this is prolly the last time we'll have URF. > Try to see it from our standpoint nothing wrong with picking stuff you like but it cant be that like only 20 champs are fun to play out of what 145 champs y some pick other things but i mostly see the champs champ over and over again and i have only 1 ban. Well those 20 champs are obv fun to play then. Just because you dont think so, that doesnt mean its true. And it's funny youre saying this since youre not trying to see it from others standpoint aswell. Youre just like "I dont have fun because players are picking strong urf champs its not fair they shouldnt pick those champs". > Heck i even would honor the enemy for it if they play something diffrent that what like almost everybody picks. Oh woow, so if I played something I dont want to and its not fun for me just so you can have fun I would get 1 honor? :O It would be rly worth my wasted time indeed :D /s
: Unless you have the area lit up like a tree at Christmas, she could easily shroud around a corner and allies could file right in for a gank. And let's speak of ganks, shall we? All she's gotta do is clear the ward in the river bush, then pop down her mist near the lane. The ADC walks in, the jungler walks in, and both can then gank from the blacked out bush without enemies being aware that other people are in there with her. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be kicked in the balls by an invisible Lee Sin who just simply appears out of the darkness. provided by Senna.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hLi3k5En,comment-id=00000004000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T14:11:08.643+0000) > > And let's speak of ganks, shall we? All she's gotta do is clear the ward in the river bush, then pop down her mist near the lane. The ADC walks in, the jungler walks in, and both can then gank from the blacked out bush without enemies being aware that other people are in there with her. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be kicked in the balls by an invisible Lee Sin who just simply appears out of the darkness. provided by Senna. That would be the case....if players didnt think. Think logically. You play mid. You see Senna coming in lane in her E. Why is that? Because she wants that ms buff? Wasting such spell just for that is dumb since it can be a good disengage tool. because she wants to avoid damage when ganking? She's always in the center of her E and shes not invulnerable, so it would be a bad usage of a spell since she can still be hit. Would she gank mid alone while using her E? Doubt it. Again, it would be pointless to waste a spell like that. So whats that only possible, and logical answer? Because shes covering some1 in her E. Knowing this info, wdyd? Just blindly stay near her or you back off? I think you should know the answer to that. Youre using a scenario where Senna's enemies are clueless apes to justify your argument, which is not good. Will that spell be good? Yes, but in certain situations. Which is okay.
: That's still not addressing the point that while allies are in her mist, they are invisible. It's annoying enough knowing 1 Akali is in her shroud, but imaging not knowing exactly where or even how many enemies are hiding within Senna's shroud? And then imagine the further irritation when 4 allies pop out and you don't know who is who until you get close enough to die to them.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hLi3k5En,comment-id=000000040000,timestamp=2019-10-30T13:58:10.807+0000) > > That's still not addressing the point that while allies are in her mist, they are invisible. It's annoying enough knowing 1 Akali is in her shroud, but imaging not knowing exactly where or even how many enemies are hiding within Senna's shroud? And then imagine the further irritation when 4 allies pop out and you don't know who is who until you get close enough to die to them. Youre acting like enemies will play without their monitors turned on. Unless Senna would gank from unwarded area, you should see how many enemies entered in her E. And no1 would be dumb enough to go on her blindly, so idk why r u using "you don't who is who until you get close enough to die to them." as an argument.
: > [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AxKerxNA,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T18:23:12.740+0000) > > So? If people have fun with those picks let them play it. Thats the point of this mode. To have fun. Just because people like you are mad about it, every1 else should not have fun? > Besides, it's not like you cant pick those "strong champs" aswell. Who said i was mad ? I just find it sad nothing more you know the diffrence between mad and sad ?
> [{quoted}](name=World peace plz,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AxKerxNA,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T19:34:37.791+0000) > > Who said i was mad ? I just find it sad nothing more you know the diffrence between mad and sad ? Mad/upset/frustrated, however you wanna call it. If you werent frustrated about it you wouldnt go out of your way to say that picking strong URF champs is sad. Like srsly, it's a fucking 4fun gamemode that we prolly will never play again. Cant you just let players have fun at this time? This game rly lacks it.
Nithke (EUW)
: There's a difference betwin picking a champ that is strong in URF and spamming only the S tier champions every game. When some people boost themselves in ranked spamming the most broken champs, i'm sure they have fun yes, but like, it's not the point
> [{quoted}](name=Nithke,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AxKerxNA,comment-id=0009000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-29T20:08:11.614+0000) > > There's a difference betwin picking a champ that is strong in URF and spamming only the S tier champions every game. So what? It's a 4fun gamemode. If people wanna play those "S tier" champs (there is a tierlist for URF champs??), let them. Whats the prob? > When some people boost themselves in ranked spamming the most broken champs, i'm sure they have fun yes, but like, it's not the point The point of ranked is to win, gain LP and climb through elos. Ofc players will play champs that are strong/broken in the meta. If you have issues with it, it's the same as having issues with players who're using everything they can to win the game. Nothing wrong with that.
: > [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AxKerxNA,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-10-29T16:24:57.963+0000) > > Behaving like an asshole aint URF exclusive. > And whats wrong with picking good URF champs? I mean, what do you want players to do, pick something like soraka and just max W for the whole game because YOU dont have fun? What about THEIR fun then? Y thats the thing people keep picking the same champ over and over again. I mean sure pick strong stuff but isnt it kinda sad to have like what 145 champs and only see like 20 cause people keep picking the same stuff everygame{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=World peace plz,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AxKerxNA,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-10-29T17:35:32.712+0000) > > Y thats the thing people keep picking the same champ over and over again. I mean sure pick strong stuff but isnt it kinda sad to have like what 145 champs and only see like 20 cause people keep picking the same stuff everygame{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} So? If people have fun with those picks let them play it. Thats the point of this mode. To have fun. Just because people like you are mad about it, every1 else should not have fun? Besides, it's not like you cant pick those "strong champs" aswell.
Nithke (EUW)
: The awful community makes the URF nightmarish
Behaving like an asshole aint URF exclusive. And whats wrong with picking good URF champs? I mean, what do you want players to do, pick something like soraka and just max W for the whole game because YOU dont have fun? What about THEIR fun then?
Mártir (EUW)
: Senna skills :)
Idk bout you guys but her E looks creepy af. And the ult...jesus christ xD
Show more

iMidg3t

Level 199 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion