: The game needs more Synergies and more Champs for comp variety
Don't think the game need more Synergies and more Champ, but Riot needs to revert some changes they made in 9.14. 1. They nerfed almost all Tier 4 units while buffing Tier 3 units which caused people to go for no econ (basicly its better to level than to save money) 2. They buffed Demon units during the patches before 9.14 3. They changed how AS works which made Rangers useless. 4. Cursed Blade changes (the only reason ppl play Gunslingers)
: Gunslinger Cursed Blade Meta and How to Fix It
The problem with nerfing Cursed Blade is that if they do it then Demons will run over every other comp. In High-Elo (Diamond+) people use Gunslingers to deal with Demons. If u want Cursed Blade changed then Riot first has to nerf Aatrox, Morgana and Kennen, nerf the mana burn chance and buff up tier 4 units to make econ viable again.
: Red Kayn is Better Than Blue Kayn
Funny, I feel the opposite (Red Kayn is inferior to Blue Kayn) but honestly, it depends a lot on who you face. If it is a lot of tanks/bruisers then Red Kayn is better, if there are a lot of squishies, then Blue Kayn. It also depends on playstyle and Runes. Red Kayn ALWAYS take Conqueror but Blue Kayn takes Electrocute/Dark Harvest (I tend to take Dark Harvest in ranked because they help you scale your damage and you can pick up a couple of stacks when trying to farm your form). Another thing to consider is how you play when you use your forms, Red Kayn is more upfront and focuses on sustain and extended fights. Blue Kayn is more around finding ppl alone and use walls to traverse the map and pick up squishies. TL;DR I have played a lot of Kayn recently (G1 - P4) and found very good success with Blue Kayn but then again, it just depends on who you face and which Runes/Playstyle you prefer.
iV0lt4GE (EUW)
: Nope cause you can't target them.
@Critmaster Garen, no cause the ult is a suppression (Like the Malz ult) and Cleanse can't cleanse suppressions. @Saezio, Same as for Cleanse, can't remove suppression.
Dr Drevan (EUW)
: Can I get a rioter to answer something for me?
Assuming you play Jax, buy Corrupting Pot and get E lvl 1. The trick to laning against her is to be aggressive vs her when you have E and play passively when you don't (that means back off when she tries to Q + AA you and pick up farm). When you hit lvl 3, you can make some pretty strong trades. If she goes at you (meaning Ws and then tries to harass you) you wanna wait it out, after that you go in with E + Q + W and then back away. Since W has a 25 s cd at rank 1, you have a lot of time to be aggressive vs her (that doesn't mean that you have to attack her, just be infront of the wave to force her back and miss xp and gold). When she hits 6 and ults you the first time, you wanna ult aswell to get the MR to reduce your damage taken, otherwise it's mostly like when you fought at lvl 3.
Saezio (EUNE)
: does {{item:3222}} work?
Nope cause you can't target them.
Manxxom (NA)
: There is a few things I think they should tone down on. His passive is a little too strong on the damage department, it makes any melee top laner have a bad day, toning down the damage would help a bit. His W can be the T H I C C est shield in existence, we should probably tone it down a bit, even I was shocked, but the heal is fine from my perspective. His q should be instead of a 40% damage increase (on a single enemy), it should be around 35% or less. Finally, a reminder that Morde just got released on the servers, its going to take some time for people to get used to fighting him. Grievous wounds can help reduce his healing from his w, and if he ults you, unless if your fed, stay away from him as much as possible, he has very strong on a 1v1, therefore, keep an eye on his e. Oh and i am going to be maining the guy too completely.
Personally I would rather that they increase the space of the Death Realm so that the one that gets caught can have a better time dodging all the AOE damage that he has. As of right now, it feels like his passive alone covers almost half the realm and makes mobile (and immobile) have almost no chance of surviving the ult.
BboyCico (EUNE)
: Patch 9.12 and destroying Ryze !
As an Azir player, I can relate when stuff like this happens. However, there is nothing you can really do to change Riots mind. They WILL focus on competitive balancing if nessessary. I mean look at this: https://gol.gg/champion/champion-stats/76/season-S9/split-Summer/tournament-ALL/patch-ALL/role-ALL/league-ALL/ Ryze has almost 92% presense in pro-play just from summer split, this means that if the guy is good in solo Q or not, the champ has to be nerfed. You might not care about this, but Riot does and if they do care then you just have to get along with it.
: Not specifically asking, because it won't happen and they won't change their ways. Game companies don't like their players in 2019, they barely make concessions on anything after massive outcry. It is just a personal rant to get my emotions out and hopefully anybody who feels the same can take it as a way of voicing that.
> [{quoted}](name=Mira Arya Enthe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qwzgZiV5,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-02-26T18:29:44.988+0000) > Game companies don't like their players in 2019, they barely make concessions on anything after massive outcry. > It's sad, really, but I think it has mostly to with the fact that companies think that they can make more money off microtransactions and esports rather than the actual game. If these things didn't exist, they would probably just listen to us and make the game how we want. Then again, if it didn't happen now, it would happen sooner or later, hence the reason why I hate most game companies nowadays (not just Riot).
Rester (NA)
: The point is to have it all random. However, I'd like it if they unlocked all champions for all players so someone with a very selective amount of champions can't just cheese the system.
> [{quoted}](name=Rester,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Z4z37lve,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-26T18:20:06.828+0000) > > However, I'd like it if they unlocked all champions for all players so someone with a very selective amount of champions can't just cheese the system. Makes sense! But compared to ARAM, having randomness in a mode where a champion has the potential to be insanely broken is not a good idea. This change would still make picks random, while reducing the chance of powerful picks slipping through and possibly giving free wins.
: I really miss League of Legends
So what you are asking for is "Classic LoL"? I mean it's not a bad idea, personally I would take it over what we have now.
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 22
Are you looking to buff up Armor and Magic Resistance? Would like to have more value in building defensive early to survive bad matchups or oppressive picks.
Teridax68 (EUW)
: I feel a lot of players are looking at this Preseason the wrong way: a vocal minority of people are saying everyone's overreacting because the changes aren't so bad, but the problem isn't simply with what Riot _has_ changed, but what they _haven't_ changed: for three years now, players have been complaining about damage creep in the game, and the resulting snowballiness of matches and cheapening of play. This reached a boiling point in Preseason 8, where Riot's changes to Runes doubled down on this problem, and added more on top, notably more RNG mechanics that are almost universally loathed. Season 8 suffered severely because of it, with developers frequently getting into arguments with their own players, because the latter were completely fed up at the state the game had gone into. Content creators abandoned the game faster than they did before, but not before calling out League and Riot for the same problems. Finally, after months of denial and gaslighting, Riot finally caved and admitted that damage may be a bit too high, and games a bit too snowbally. Preseason was the time to fix this, and with the playerbase on edge, it really was make or break time. Riot absolutely needed to deliver a solution to the state of damage and snowballing in the game. As it turns out, they didn't. Not only that, but their Preseason changes don't even seem to acknowledge damage creep in the game, particularly since damage has only gone up across the board. As far as Preseason changes go, these ones are probably among the tamest in the game's history, but the problem is precisely that these changes do nothing to address critical problems in the game's balance. This was supposed to be Riot's window of opportunity to finally fix the game, or at least lay the groundwork for it to be fixable over time, but unless we're getting a second Preseason this year, that window has already closed. Because of the structure of the game's updates, this also means that we'll be unlikely to see changes of that magnitude until next year, by which time it will be more than far too late. In many respects, it's not unlike Bethesda revealing that their next games would all be using their broken, outdated version of the Gamebryo engine: the devs have locked themselves into a design direction that is so poor it will cause serious harm to their company, yet that they cannot realistically escape from in the coming months. The only thing we can do is sit back and watch the train launch itself off a cliff in slow motion.
Well, if we are lucky, they will either fix the change, or we will just have to wait for WC3 and someone to make a new MOBA map.
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 22
Hey @Meddler, you forgot another "weaker champ", {{champion:268}}
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 24
@Meddler, any {{champion:268}} changes coming soon?
: Repeat after me...
Repeat after me.. {{champion:268}} **NEEDS** BUFFS But yea, I can kinda see that adding damage on a defensive rune section is unnecessary
: Preseason Dev Update Number 3!
I just curious, are there any upcoming buffs to Azir? Maybe more sustain buffs to help his bad early game?
: EU must not win Worlds
That makes like no sense, I mean sure, C9 wins worlds, good 4 u, but u also need to remember that you guys got this far thanks to Svenskeren and Jensen, who are not even Americans to begin with. Idk, it just sounds a bit disrespectful that you can say that when you are using EU imports in order to get this far. EDIT: Atleast be happy that for the first time in 7 years, it might be a team from the west, not the east, that get to hold the cup.
: which mage isn't a burst mage nowadays?
{{champion:268}} He is probably the worst performing non-burst mage in the game. I hate lacking impact in early to mid-game, he needs buffs in those areas.
: How do I deal with this Splitpush-until-I-die meta?
The most common way of dealing with it is to basicly ask your midlaner or anyone in your team that has good waveclear or someone that has Teleport to clear the wave and push it back into their turret as much as possible. This basicly stalls the push and from that point, you go and look for objectives to take or even start a teamfight and try to get leads. Do Note: you don't need to constantly fight the splitpusher to make him go away, most of the time it's just enough to clear the wave because then he has no way of advancing forward (it's not like he's gonna walk all the way to your inhib turret and start hammering on it without any minions)
: being a good player, to me, is : -being mechanically good -having a good macro game -being tiltproof/having a good mental -understanding the meta. the last points means, know how to counter "op" champs and / or play them. this is the saddest thing however, but climbing is not only about champions.
> [{quoted}](name=MTFN Azor ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TIlbMziM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-20T10:40:26.210+0000) > > being a good player, to me, is : > > -being mechanically good > -having a good macro game > -being tiltproof/having a good mental > -understanding the meta. > > > the last points means, know how to counter "op" champs and / or play them. this is the saddest thing however, but climbing is not only about champions. You are not wrong, but depending on which champions you play, you also get a clear picture of what you can or can't do. In my case, im a {{champion:268}} OTP (mostly because of how much I love this champ) and a main example of what I can't do is roam and im also very dependant on farm. This basicly means that, I am very dependant on my teammates to not feed and giveaway great leads while I try to get my items. However, back during preseason, he was a monster. I could easily dominate someone in lane thanks to his rework and I could easily build up my own leads. Now, thanks to pro-play (and the nerfs that came along), that isn't the same case. My point being, while it's true that you need those "criterias" to be good at the game, if you play something that isn't "favorable" in the current meta, you are just handicapping yourself in what exactly you can do.
: Zoe gets buffed, and Sejuani still intentionally left at the dumpster
That sounds kind of familiar, oh right! {{champion:268}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:268}}
: Pre season starts in 22 days
I have to agree, not much was really mentioned and it compared to the previous preseasons, it feels kinda dull. Then again, im the type of guy who would want nothing more than Riot announcing that they will balance around solo q again. Idk, to me, solo q and pro play balancing don't fit together at all. Atleast worlds is on point this year.
: if you only could use 6 champions
Jg {{champion:104}} {{champion:121}} Mid {{champion:268}} {{champion:7}} Adc {{champion:236}} {{champion:145}}
: This is ok?
Her Q is basicly the same, E is more difficult to land but more rewarding (used to be single-target and point in click) but the ult I would consider a bit overboard.
: Riot. Worlds patch is gone. Rebuff & nerf back the champions you ruined.
Nice try, I had a similar suggestion a couple of weeks ago, got downvoted and downcommented. I still believe now when we take a break from LCS that champs that got ruined should be buffed back. Im still waiting for {{champion:268}} buff/revert.
GigglesO (NA)
: Preseason Prediction
I gotta admit, compared to all the other preseasons we have had, this one feels really small considering that we will only get rune changes and shields to turrets, but nothing else other than dat. Anyways, my prediction is buffs to champs with shit waveclear/nerfs to champs with good waveclear/shield gold nerf. "We find it that people get a significant advantage when pushing early, we wanna change that."
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 17
Any upcoming changes to {{champion:268}} ? (Good Changes to be exact, not nerfs)
: Poppy is fine The other need a rework rather than aa buff. Expecially azir.
MirrowFox (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=iV0lt4GE,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UfEUAc4I,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-14T18:32:01.272+0000) > > I think that the overall problem that Riot refuses to revert buffs/nerfs is because it would make the buffs/nerfs useless from the start and therefore they decide to give conpensional nerfs/buffs (prob why they nerfed the ult). There have been cases where they were forced to revert buffs/nerfs/reworks, but that's only because, it would have been a more pain in the ass to continue balance their current state, instead of reverting them. > > TL;DR unless Ahri reaches a state where balancing her is difficult, reverts will not happen While it make sense I still think riot should do revert to buffs/nerfs bec at this case is what made ahri became op and even with the latest nerf she still has around 52.5 wr which shows that she's still overperforming
> [{quoted}](name=MirrowFox,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UfEUAc4I,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-14T18:42:29.700+0000) > > While it make sense I still think riot should do revert to buffs/nerfs bec at this case is what made ahri became op and even with the latest nerf she still has around 52.5 wr which shows that she's still overperforming That might be true, but since they nerfed her this patch, they will prob wait a patch or two and see if she still performs as she does.
: > [{quoted}](name=iV0lt4GE,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mPY0Ghlu,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-10-14T18:23:45.975+0000) > > Toxicity is just a partial reason to loss, but yea, there are many things that can cause you to lose games. It can be bad draft, poor mechanical/macro play, objective steals etc. The most obvious reason why people think it's mostly toxic players fault is because, if you play during a bad mood, it can cause you to perform worse overall (But that isn't always true, I mean, we have Tyler1 in Challenger, and he behaves like everyone else in low elo). So you are saying toxic players are bad cause that's not true being nice doesn't mean you are good
It's more like, if you are in a bad mood, there is a chance that u perform worse than average and therefore have a bigger chance of losing. But that isn't always true. The opposite goes if you are not toxic, but you can still be the nicest guy, perform well and still lose.
MirrowFox (EUW)
: About Ahri Latest Balance Changes
I think that the overall problem that Riot refuses to revert buffs/nerfs is because it would make the buffs/nerfs useless from the start and therefore they decide to give conpensional nerfs/buffs (prob why they nerfed the ult). There have been cases where they were forced to revert buffs/nerfs/reworks, but that's only because, it would have been a more pain in the ass to continue balance their current state, instead of reverting them. TL;DR unless Ahri reaches a state where balancing her is difficult, reverts will not happen
: ryze is getting a rework
So I have heard, but im more curious when it comes to Azir. EDIT: I play him the most.
: toxicity isnt the reason why you lose games
Toxicity is just a partial reason to loss, but yea, there are many things that can cause you to lose games. It can be bad draft, poor mechanical/macro play, objective steals etc. The most obvious reason why people think it's mostly toxic players fault is because, if you play during a bad mood, it can cause you to perform worse overall (But that isn't always true, I mean, we have Tyler1 in Challenger, and he behaves like everyone else in low elo).
: lcs champions? as in the likes of {{champion:13}} {{champion:268}} ?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=iV0lt4GE,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8s1GFAAe,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-27T15:32:54.949+0000) > > Allow me to make this clear: Buff them after Worlds, let the mains and 1-tricks enjoy them till LCS Spring Split, nerf them back and we are done. Mains and 1-tricks can enjoy them for a little amount of time while LCS viewership isn't affected, everybody wins. That doesn't change anything. If you want a champ to be meta you don't intentionally break them for a FOTM, thats just asinine. You either give them ideas for a healthy rework, or leave them in obscurity. Nobody wants to deal with kalista for a patch with her current design period.
> [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8s1GFAAe,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-27T15:38:57.876+0000) > If you want a champ to be meta you don't intentionally break them for a FOTM, thats just asinine. You either give them ideas for a healthy rework, or leave them in obscurity. > > Nobody wants to deal with kalista for a patch with her current design period. I am asking them to be meta during a period where nobody cares about balance. I mean it's preseason, most people will just wreck havoc in every game and not care, I just wanna do the same. If they do manage to fix them somehow, then terrific. If not, they can just nerf them when the game gets stabilized and people get serious again. I think you are overreacting a bit and I think Riot has probably done worse than letting those guys out to the top tier. EDIT: Remember the Ardent Censor Meta?
: Kalista makes everybody in high elo want to eat glass, and Azir when good just outshines everything else. Ryze is actually decent too, but his skill ceiling + easily fuckupable ulti makes his winrate extremely low despite being popular. There's no way to find a middle ground for these unless you rework them, and they failed once with azir and a huge number of times with ryze.
Allow me to make this clear: Buff them after Worlds, let the mains and 1-tricks enjoy them till LCS Spring Split, nerf them back and we are done. Mains and 1-tricks can enjoy them for a little amount of time while LCS viewership isn't affected, everybody wins. EDIT: It just doesn't seem any point to keep them nerfed after Worlds if the reason they even were nerfed was because of pro-play. The only thing that is good about buffing them is that people can enjoy them temporary until the next season actually begins and we forget they ever existed.
: No, because they'd still be broken at that tier for the rest of the year. It's not like LCS players only play during LCS. They play during the entire year.
But not to the extent that it will affect the viewership so much that people will say "Ugh, another game with Azir, yay" and stop watching LoL E-Sports. Besides it's not like those champions are even played by a lot of people (Compared to like Kha'Zix, Jax, Darius etc.) and for those who do play them should have the feeling of having their champ being broken once a year
Rioter Comments
Sanngriðr (EUNE)
: Someone tell me the point of soloque again.
TBH, I don't know what to say. You are right, absolutely right! However, at the same time, you are not the only one complaining about this. Many people have complained about this in a similar fashion and Riot has not done anything about it. Either is this intentional because they want the game to be this way, end of story. Or, they have unintentionally made the game this way however don't care about fixing it. IMO, the only way to change their mind would be that the playerbase drops drastically and as a last attempt in saving the game, Riot does the thing that they always should have done "Listening to players". However, as of right now, the game is still in top shape (many people still play it) and unless more people quit, they will just continue what they always do, change the game around pro-play and give little care about SoloQ.
: ?????? they're changing global team gold to solo gold in next patch on shutdowns
I don't think that will be enough since this is just another comeback mechanic that only applies for those who are actually behind (you kill someone who is ahead, you get shutdown). It would have made more sense to add the mechanic to an ordinary kill to make solo players able to snowball easier.
Rioter Comments
: To start off, you're 100% correct in expressing frustration when you feel the game **you** play is negatively impacted by balance decisions that are made focused on the highest levels of play. You're opinion is one that's certainly shared by a large group of players, but it's also only one of several of the demographics that make up our playerbase that we're trying to serve with both solo queue and the professional scene. Let me elaborate: Group A - Just wants to play League doesn't care about the pro scene Group B - Enjoys League, tunes in occasionally to watch the pro scene (usually for big things like playoff finals, MSI, Worlds) Group C - Enjoys League, watches LCS religiously (every weekend they make time to watch every game or atleast the games with their favorite teams. Group D - Used to play League, doesn't anymore, but still watches the LCS because they like the pro scene Group E - Never played League before, but I friend told them it was pretty cool and got them to watch a few games. *These groups are not all encompassing, but what I'm trying to outline is that the number of people that care about there being some amount of focus put on pro play balance is far greater than just the players that actually play professionally. Now, more direct to your point, I have a desire/goal for a future where we don't have to make as many changes to champions based on their performance in pro play nearly as much as we do now. Right now we're beset by two conflicting goals, we (Riot) really want pro play to be as exciting as possible, and professional teams really want to win, more or less regardless of the tactics. Why these conflict is that the path to victory is often one of min maxing for risk/reward - which manifests as choosing more generically strong champions with less pronounced weaknesses, and then out macroing the shit out of your opponent. Why choose Zed when you can pick Ryze who's proven to have far fewer weaknesses when playing in a low ping, highly coordinated environment as an example? In order to make Zed a more likely pick in pro, we'd likely need to buff him drastically to overcome his weaknesses/counterplay - which is a surefire way of putting him in crazy territory for our average solo queue warrior. Since that isn't really a great option, we need to find another way. We're currently putting some brainpower in how we could help shelter pro play from specific points of imbalance, letting us put less focus on pro play in regards to balance and focusing more on the regular game. It sucks to have your champion heavily nerfed, especially when it's for something you don't care about, we totally understand that, and ideally we can find a world where that can become less of a thing that we need to do. Potential avenues could be exploring changes to the drafting phase beyond 10 bans. There really isn't much to talk about yet though. At the end of the day we highly value League as a spectator sport, and we'll continue to make changes that we believe help achieve that. We just need to make sure we're doing our diligence when we're making big changes that could impact the way the players actually engage with the game and make sure the cost is worth it. I stand by our decision to remove trackers as an example, as I firmly believe the value in terms of "quality of game" we get both in pro and normal was worth the cost of removing that one item. To close off, we simply can't shackle ourselves by only making decisions that all players will find agreeable, as doing so would mean we should probably just stop making any meaningful changes to the game period, and that's not a world that I think we should be moving towards. ps - the archangels change is only archangels. Once it's upgraded to Seraph's you get the full 3% ap again. Right now it's simply too good as a rush item when it's intended to be more mid/late game scaling power spike.
But in the end, all you are saying is that, you don't care about making the game better for SoloQ, the large amount of your playerbase, but for your "spectator sport".
: It's because they have it backwards. A good game with a large fanbase helps competitive flourish. Riot thinks it's the other way around and it'll be another reason for why this game will be rotting corpse like WoW in a few years. At least the players in NA got to make out like bank robbers before all of this shit dies.
IMO, Riot has always been a company that focused a lot on the marketing, only now, they have shifted their business model. F.e. During LoL first 4-5 years, it was important for Riot to get as many players as possible and therefore made the game a little chaotic so that people would enjoy it and because it was a new game, it had a lot of hype around it. However, it got to a certain point where they couldn't really get a lot of new players as they did before and that was because EVERYONE knew what LoL was, what kind of game it was, it was well-known by any player around the world and therefore lost this hype that it once had. Therefore, it was just better for Riot to focus on E-sports since just like ordinary sport brings competitiveness and team rivalries which hype up the fans who are watching. This made it just better for Riot to change the game to be around LCS players because it would make the game have more quality, make more people watch it and eventually make people spend money on watching it live, in the arena.
Rioter Comments
: Issue is that ADs get their items faster than any other role, so if your ad gets absolutely dumpstered, you cant really do much about it. They need to shift power around so that we get rid of the "one person can fuck the game for you" situation of ranked. Also make it so that dodging in high elo isn't so expensive (because bad drafts=easier to lose, but this is like the least of my concerns), I dodged once, lost 3+ lp, dodged a second time, 20. Like jesus, make it scale by 3 every time, and have it reset on Friday or some shit. The only catchup exp issue is with the jungle. The jg can camp lanes like top or bot for 3 minutes, and catch right back up in exp to a heavy farm jg like Yi or Shyvana. I do feel like they are slowly removing power from support at the moment, but its currently not enough to warrant it as a "power shift".
I would hope that they fix this during midseason in 8.10 since they said it would be about ADC and see if it would impact other lanes in a good way.
: We know which role is the strongest. Support is the most powerful role throughout a game. Their gold to impact ratio is so skewed towards them that you can effect skirmishes and teamfights even when you have 0 gold simply because a ton of support abilities scale infinitely based on your opponents gold, and not yours. That's how broken this role is. ADCs are the most powerful late game, they're the most powerful mid game with a fed support. Highest sustained damage by far, cheap itemization also makes them incredibly powerful at 2 items with weaknesses that can be made up for by a e girl health mule support. Jungle is the most impactful role early game. Isn't even debatable, you hit lvl 2 before laners and 3 before laners with infinite mana and a perma slow that applies true damage. If you win the jungle you control all vision and the ability for enemy solo laners to play aggressive (as in they can't). Mid is the new support role in the game, being the one who decides jungle invades and bot lane skirmishes. And riot wonders why sitting back and wave clearing is the default for a lot of mid laners. It's because you have to establish priority so you can roam with your jungle/to bot, else the entire game is just a coin flip because nobody has the freakin damage to pierce through a Janna shield + ult alone. Top lane is worthless unless you pick some hypercarry who can just win lane then melt the paper thin towers split pushing. Your entire lane can be literally decided by the 3 min jungle gank and because of sheer proximity to the most influential lane, bot, you're the least impactful role.
> [{quoted}](name=FrostQueensPlane,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LxesNQjG,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2018-04-09T19:47:12.352+0000) > > We know which role is the strongest. > > Support is the most powerful role throughout a game. Their gold to impact ratio is so skewed towards them that you can effect skirmishes and teamfights even when you have 0 gold simply because a ton of support abilities scale infinitely based on your opponents gold, and not yours. That's how broken this role is. > > ADCs are the most powerful late game, they're the most powerful mid game with a fed support. Highest sustained damage by far, cheap itemization also makes them incredibly powerful at 2 items with weaknesses that can be made up for by a e girl health mule support. > > Jungle is the most impactful role early game. Isn't even debatable, you hit lvl 2 before laners and 3 before laners with infinite mana and a perma slow that applies true damage. If you win the jungle you control all vision and the ability for enemy solo laners to play aggressive (as in they can't). > > Mid is the new support role in the game, being the one who decides jungle invades and bot lane skirmishes. And riot wonders why sitting back and wave clearing is the default for a lot of mid laners. It's because you have to establish priority so you can roam with your jungle/to bot, else the entire game is just a coin flip because nobody has the freakin damage to pierce through a Janna shield + ult alone. > > Top lane is worthless unless you pick some hypercarry who can just win lane then melt the paper thin towers split pushing. Your entire lane can be literally decided by the 3 min jungle gank and because of sheer proximity to the most influential lane, bot, you're the least impactful role. Couldn't agree more with you. I think that as of right now, bot lane (adc + support) have just too much impact in the game whereas mid and top have almost nothing. Most midlaners have practically been nerfed only because of their competitive influence and nowadays assassins are almost useless because supports can easily shut them down with their defensive items and CC while the adc makes the final blow. As for Top Lane, well, what Hashinshin said. I think what Riot needs to fix is to remove a good chunk of power from the support role and distribute it to Mid and Top lane. I like the nerfs they did to {{item:3190}} but maybe also try to maybe increase the gold cost cause lets face it, those items are too cheap for what they can do.
Show more

iV0lt4GE

Level 115 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion