: It is honestly pathetic that these Riot employees would rather defend their automated system and defend bullies rather than curbing toxicity. You all disgust me with this. How dare you say that defending someone is toxic? How dare you claim that the person being defended was insulted by someone defending them without any evidence to support you? You are all hypocritical. You ban people for toxicity, claiming a "zero tolerance" policy, but then you actively work against those who are trying to resist toxicity and defend a disheartened, abused player? Give me a fucking break. Next time you see someone being bullied in real life, I hope you take action and try to help the person if it is safe, instead of walking away and not saying a single word. I also hope you are not the type of people to punish someone for defending themselves from abuse. Swallow your pride, stop being contrarians, and realize that sticking up for someone who is being abused is the morally righteous thing to do.
Thanks man, I know for a fact now that Riot doesn't give a flying fuck, but this means a lot to me.
zPOOPz (NA)
: > because they have a garbage automated ban system that just scans for "bad words" I'll take "What is machine learning?" for 500
They're not using machine learning yet, cba to find it but Tantram has confirmed it elsewhere. Just so you know.
: > [{quoted}](name=mah1foo,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YERNneIq,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2018-03-27T08:19:36.918+0000) > > That's irrelevant, it being CR/ban only depends on how often you've been punished before, it has nothing to do with the severity of this particular offence: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-#h1q2 > > And nowadays you can skip the chat restrictions entirely if you say something "very harsh". So had I once before called someone a retard, gotten then 14 day ban instantly, this would've been a permanent ban. Unfortunately, you are wrong. They tell you that you can skip based on severity. You should scroll further down in the link you posted... particularly here: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-#h1q4 Let me quote that for you in case you don't want to click the link and read it >WHY DID I SKIP RESTRICTIONS? >We have a zero-tolerance policy for extreme negative behavior as well as extremely offensive language and remarks made in game towards other players. Since it is a severe disregard for the Summoner’s Code this sort of behavior can result in skipping to a Two week or Permanent suspension. Suspensions of this degree based on negative behavior will not likely be reduced or removed. They outright tell you that you can skip chat restrictions. You just didn't bother to read it in their FAQ. This has also been told to people on the forums as well and telling people that the punishment escalation system is based on frequency OR severity. They have said that if you have a more severe infraction, you will go up the punishment escalation scale even if it's your first offense.
Umh, this is exactly what I said...? Read my comment again please: > nowadays you can skip the chat restrictions entirely if you say something "very harsh" So yeah, you didn't bother reading my comment but you're accusing me of not bothering to read their FAQ? Oh the irony.
Thanatas (NA)
: Game 1 Thanatas: i gotta poop Thanatas: brb Thanatas: we see you Thanatas: yeah Thanatas: ctrol something Thanatas: rude Thanatas: my god Thanatas: not when he has ult and ahri doesnt Thanatas: ahri pls Thanatas: stop Thanatas: gg Thanatas: i died for the first time stfu Thanatas: game's done. he's enormous now. Thanatas: i cant do shit. Thanatas: anywhere i go graves shows Thanatas: ahri you dumbass Thanatas: please dont deny ff at 15 Thanatas: we can all just get in a new game Thanatas: every time i get to 95+ lp forced loss Thanatas: there is no helping you Thanatas: anyone who goes 0/3 before 10 mins is un helpable Thanatas: did you see mid? Thanatas: she was getting rekt so i helped her Thanatas: gg Thanatas: surr pls Thanatas: ok Thanatas: instead of just getting into a new game Thanatas: you spite vote no Thanatas: thx Thanatas: like graves is 3/0 at 7 mins, swain is 1/0/3, and bot wants ganks Thanatas: dont think you understand how jg works Thanatas: ofc you dont care Thanatas: you gave up after first 2 deaths Thanatas: JUST SURR Thanatas: ITS OVER Thanatas: IT COULDVE ENDED 3 MINS AGO Thanatas: ITS 18-4 Thanatas: i wish na players would surr when games are over instead of being spiteful. im not even trying to be mean to my team. i just wanna end Thanatas: it was over when graves went 3/0 on no wards ahri Thanatas: please Thanatas: .... Thanatas: just end Thanatas: im not gonna fight Thanatas: no we dont Thanatas: unless you guys are major dummies. Thanatas: which youre not Thanatas: troll. Thanatas: when people feed enemy jungle you bet i am garbage Game 2 Thanatas: report my team none of them wanna kiss my mom Thanatas: lux Thanatas: gg Thanatas: says the lux Thanatas: so inmstead of feeding panth top you couldve been bot all game since they been hard pushing Thanatas: trundle jg op Thanatas: such bullshit that even if you flash it it still hits Thanatas: man fk this team Thanatas: srsly Thanatas: fk trolls Thanatas: pls just end Thanatas: who camps top Thanatas: in s8 Thanatas: it doesnt matter at this point. Thanatas: game was done when trundle decided to camp top against panth Thanatas: lol Thanatas: shes a lux that lost to zoe Thanatas: what do you expect Thanatas: fk surr Thanatas: trolls wont surr Thanatas: holding game hostage Thanatas: mao is good Thanatas: the problem is he's not good vs panth Thanatas: and trundle fed him Thanatas: literally panth kills trundle 3 times before mao died to him Thanatas: i saw you die 3 times to him Thanatas: who camps top Game 3 Thanatas: dont know why you backed off, but ok Thanatas: what is that damage Thanatas: why aim veigar lol Thanatas: can you stop aiming veigar Thanatas: if i exh kai hit her Thanatas: pls Thanatas: ty Thanatas: hits veigar, blames me Thanatas: so fr Thanatas: hit kai Thanatas: fuck veig Thanatas: rip Thanatas: BRO GO IN Thanatas: mine Thanatas: yeah well screw this ashe and her non committal bs Thanatas: omg Thanatas: lol Thanatas: LOL Thanatas: like my staff matters Thanatas: how am i trolling Thanatas: i saved your ass so many times noob Thanatas: like jax didnt get fed off of me Thanatas: so how am i trolling lol. Thanatas: one item i built on accident Thanatas: no its not Thanatas: i built it on accident Thanatas: get over yourself Thanatas: and tell me again how more ap and mana on nami is troll Thanatas: LOL Thanatas: chase singed Thanatas: genius Thanatas: bro jax hops on me and im dead instant Thanatas: stop chasing singed Thanatas: youve been doing it ALL game Thanatas: 77 lol Thanatas: gg yep. this is totally deserving of a 2 week ban. i swore at/about teammates twice, and they were incredibly mild. the rest i was talking about myself or something that happened to me. GJ RIOT.
The system is broken and there's nothing you can do about it, nobody gives a fuck. It's more money for riot, and riot fanboys want everyone banned who says "stupid" once. Sorry mate, you're right, but you're still fucked.
Vizulix (NA)
: People! Read the damn thread before down voting!
They don't care, they just support Riot on everything. Literally [this](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/YERNneIq-one-last-follow-up-for-the-punished-for-defending-darius-with-video-proof-of-him-not-inting?comment=000300010000000000000000) comment that is purely fact based was -3 at one point, even after me upvoting it. They just downvote everyone who's not supporting Riot. I'm gonna get downvoted, but that's the truth guys. **Edit:** [Here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/YERNneIq-one-last-follow-up-for-the-punished-for-defending-darius-with-video-proof-of-him-not-inting?comment=0001)'s an other example. It's ridiculous that this got downvoted.
: > [{quoted}](name=Yao Lan Fan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YERNneIq,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-03-24T23:14:15.356+0000) > > So, Riot Tantrum probably banned hundreds of accounts wrongly lmao. You know that this punishment was a CHAT RESTRICTION right? It's not a ban.
That's irrelevant, it being CR/ban only depends on how often you've been punished before, it has nothing to do with the severity of this particular offence: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-#h1q2 > First Offense: 10 Game Chat Restriction > Second Offense: 25 Game Chat Restriction > Third Offense: Two Week Suspension > Fourth Offense: Permanent Suspension And nowadays you can skip the chat restrictions entirely if you say something "very harsh". So had I once before called someone a retard, gotten then 14 day ban instantly, this would've been a permanent ban.
: No, but probably around my 2 post to the boards I'm downloading everything if I haven't already.
: Dude, the game in question was on the 10th. It hasn't even been two weeks. And, honestly, if my entire argument was based on "defending" someone, you bet your ass I would've downloaded that game three seconds after receiving my punishment.
You're right, I edited it to one week. And when you get chat restricted, first thing you think isn't "oh i download the demo", since chat doesn't show up there.
Awf Meta (NA)
: Well, counter evidence is very hard to provide in this game. Riot support says "practically any negativity can be punished". Who here among us has never been negative?
It's even harder when he lies ~~weeks~~ one week after the thread. Maybe this was just unlucky, not saying he's done it before. But still, I'm lucky I still had the demo somewhere, else I wouldn't have been able to prove him wrong.
Awf Meta (NA)
: > OP did kill the opponent twice legitimately. Then they became tilted and literally ran into the OP a few times delivering free kills. Are my eyes bad? I saw 3 total deaths to tryndamere.
I love the word _literally_ here. Like, if he said "then they became tilted and died a lot of times to OP", it would be debatable. But he straight out says "he literally ran into OP a few times". Where Tantram, where did he do that?
: > [{quoted}](name=I LOVE PUPPYS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YERNneIq,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-21T16:45:05.006+0000) > > what conspiracy? do you know what a conspiracy is? 1 person telling a lie is not it. > > tell me any other plausible explanation for riot tantrum telling us the darius ran past tryndamere into minions 'many times' He glanced at it on lunch break? What reason would he have to lie?
Tell me, how does "glancing at it" result him into thinking he "became tilted and literally ran into the OP a few times delivering free kills"? Sounds to me like he watched a plenty of it if he saw multiple deaths of Darius.
: maybe. but he says open top because he cant possibly fight tryndamere anymore and he is frustrated. going to a different lane and not trying to 1v1 him anymore is actually the right move imo. he has two turrets down and lane phase is definitely over by that point anyway. he never stops trying to protect turrets and continues to fight the enemy until the end.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: To clarify: I don't doubt that it didn't look like trolling to you. It's so subtle that I probably wouldn't have reported it if it happened in my game; even in my team. But with the full replay, being able to look very carefully at how his behaviour changes very abruptly in multiple aspects (especially in regards to warding and overextension), it looks like soft trolling to me. As said, I don't think the specifics matter though, with Tantram's description being so far off reality.
Right, I see it now, you might be right actually. It could also be just getting demotivated from losing and your team flaming you, so it's harder to focus so well anymore. And on top of all, it all happens *after* his team already flamed him, they flamed him on laning phase and Tantram claimed his team got demotivated for him trolling, which makes no sense to me. But you're right that his gamestyle changes a little.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Definitely does look like soft trolling to me, for various reasons. That said, I don't really want to get into specifics there, because it honestly doesn't matter. Whatever Darius did, whatever you said, this simply isn't even **remotely** what Tantram described. I always hate when people bend the truth to make their point; but a Rioter doing that is just inexcusable. I really hope he's going to come in here with some really **really** good explanation (and apology). Otherwise he just lost all the respect I had for him.
Honestly I don't even see how this is soft trolling. I mean, what could have he done? He's on silver level, he knows if he contests me I can immediately dive him. What should have he done? Contest me 1v1 when I'm taking inhi and die?
: > [{quoted}](name=EL HAMSTERO,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YERNneIq,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-03-21T11:54:21.595+0000) > > he didnt troll either. you can see he stops moving to type a few times because his entire team is accusing him of inting and saying they are going to report him and im sure he is trying to defend himself. The op even said he did himself lmao Should the op have gotten a chat restrict, nah. Should the enemy team have flamed... :^) of course not but i can see why they did. But the things he did in the match really point to giving up and trolling as op said.
No I did not, I explained elsewhere that english isn't my main language, and when I said "he might have give up and started trolling", I meant that as "I don't know if he started trolling or not [like the enemy claims], but I do know he didn't int". You have full video anyways, where exactly is he trolling?
: wow. so riot tantrum flat out lied? that is not inting. at all. put that shit on reddit dude. riot is going to take this down
I mean technically it's just his opinion and all. But yes, to me it looks like he lied. And feel free to post it anywhere you want :)
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Interesting. He re-edited the post to neither include the link to the (wrong) replay, nor the promise to upload the correct one in "twenty minutes". Wish I had made a screenshot. Edit: Nvm, forums got me overly cynical again. He delivered after all.
Took more like 40min so I just edited the comment, but there you go: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/YERNneIq-one-last-follow-up-for-the-punished-for-defending-darius-with-video-proof-of-him-not-inting
Rioter Comments
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Opening files uploaded by a random stranger, especially when said person "dares" people to check it out, simply isn't a good idea. Implying that Riot brainwashes people into having good security awareness is honestly more flattering than you probably intended. Edit: The fact that you didn't just put that link in the OP immediately, and instead only include it in fairly hostile posts replying to people who you describe as "sheep" and "brainwashed" really doesn't make this any more trustworthy either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUUOdeZPTw there you go You're right I should've posted it in the first place, but I'm here now.
: You are obviously unhappy with my assessment, as well as unhappy with the Player Support assessment. You've created multiple threads on the manner. Your story doesn't really add up to what I watched in replay, and the chat logs I pulled. What I saw was you cause the enemy player to tilt, who then started to intentionally feed you. They ran past you and into minions many times. This obviously caused frustration on the enemy team. In my viewing of the replay .. your chat was used more to frustrate the enemy team than it was to defend a player being bullied. It was akin to : person : hey that guy punched me (they did) you : no he didn't you : nobody punched you you : if someone punched you you'd know it you : you don't know what a punch is you : you're a bunch of morons who didn't get punched you : i hope you go to jail for accusing someone of punching you x 100+ I gave you my interpretation of things. PSS gave you their interpretation of things. You are more than welcome to open another support ticket and get someone else to look at it if you feel so strongly about it. It's a chat restriction. The purpose of a chat restriction is to limit your chat so others aren't exposed to so much of your chat, and for you to better understand using chat effectively. I feel the penalty assigned is fitting in this case. I'm just one person, who saw your post, and watched the replay. Player support tickets are the correct process if you want to appeal your penalty.
Player support was unable to answer my questions, they locked the ticket since they had no more answers. And I don't know which demo you watched, but the one I saw had nobody inting me. I'll upload a video of the game very soon, maybe then everyone can decide for themselves :)
: Yeah. It's easy to have a good KDA when you are being intentionally fed by the enemy you are defending of feeding ... OP did kill the opponent twice legitimately. Then they became tilted and literally ran into the OP a few times delivering free kills.
Wow I just saw this now, are you for real? Why don't you point out to me the time stamp where they were _intentionally_ feeding me? Go on, I dare you. Stop lying and defending the broken system just because you made it **Edit:** One last thread for everyone to see the video themselves: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/YERNneIq-one-last-follow-up-for-the-punished-for-defending-darius-with-video-proof-of-him-not-inting
: Just stay away from this board honestly. Unless its an actual rioter commenting the responses will always be that you are toxic and deserve your ban regardless of whatever discussion you are trying to initiate.
You get downvoted to hell but you're correct, this board is nothing but brainwashed fanboys who refuse to think with their own brain. See this thread, I literally shared Riot's own demo as proof that Riot is wrong and I'm right, _and they refuse to watch it_.
: This is your fourth thread about this topic. You are doing a VERY bad job at showing how you don't spam.
And how is this spamming, I'm having a conversation with Riot support and I got an update on the matter, so I posted it here?
: I'm not opening your file. If you're so inclined, black out the names and post it on youtube. > You do realize people report each other for "noob champ" and whatnot? Someone called for reports on "troll support in my last game." Reports for non-toxic activity don't do anything. It's true a lot of people weighed in on your topic, both for and against. Ultimately, it's up to Riot to make the final call. You weren't banned, you were given a chat restriction. I know, I know, if it can trigger a CR then it can trigger a ban. But you weren't banned.
> I'm not opening your file. Then your opinion is irrelevant and you just proved you're brainwashed Riot fanboy. Sorry, but it's the truth, you take Riot's word as fact and refuse to check the evidence yourself. Stop posting on the forums if you're just gonna bash on everyone regardless of the situation.
: "that case where I defended the enemy Darius from flamers." Aka "that case where I defended the guy who was inting because he was feeding me"
Check the demo and decide yourself if he was inting or not: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lvd45yatayabhr4/EUW1-3559654395.zip Now stop blindly believing everything Riot says, they're a company who wants to make money, they're not always on your side.
Leylania (EUW)
: The only thing you did defend was an inter, you did not support a bullying victim but rather tried to bully the enemy team by rubbing salt into the wound of them having an inting top laner. How can someone be this low to even make another thread after beeing called out on it and still try to act as if he is the good guy. > None of the support guys have been able to point out where I flamed anyone, But Tantram did point it out and you know it. Just because the guys on the support team oversaw it or whatever was the reason for them not to name it, does not make you innocent. Trying to ignore Tantrams comments will not change this.
> The only thing you did defend was an inter, you did not support a bullying victim but rather tried to bully the enemy team by rubbing salt into the wound of them having an inting top laner. Check the demo yourself to see if he was inting or not, go on, I dare you: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lvd45yatayabhr4/EUW1-3559654395.zip It's sad that you all think Riot is some almighty god who leaves one comment and now you're all on your knees thanking Riot. Here's a fact for you: Riot Games is a billion dollar company who has no other purpose but to make more and more money, maybe you should stop believing them blindly and think with your own brain. > How can someone be this low to even make another thread after beeing called out on it and still try to act as if he is the good guy. Being called out? Being called out for what? Yeah I said moron in the post game chat, how does that change anything? Riot support already confirmed that that's not the reason I was banned for, it was the chat spamming. Again good job blindly believing Riot on everything. I repeat, check the demo yourself to see who's lying, me or Riot. > But Tantram did point it out and you know it. Just because the guys on the support team oversaw it or whatever was the reason for them not to name it, does not make you innocent. Trying to ignore Tantrams comments will not change this. I'm not saying I'm innocent. Like I mentioned a hundred times, I would've been fine with "you got punished for calling others morons". Yeah that's normal, I was toxic and I got punished. But that's not the case. That's not what I got punished for. I got punished for being the good guy and doing the right thing. Was I the bad guy later on? Maybe yeah, but that doesn't deny the fact that they punished the good guy not knowing he was actually bad. > Trying to ignore Tantrams comments will not change this. What part of his comment ?? He didn't say anything, his comment changes nothing.
: I think this issue has been pretty well addressed. The enemy top laner was inting, you tried to argue that it wasn't in an attempt to annoy the enemy team. Players didn't like it, you were reported, you were punished. Support reviewed the case, as did Riot Tantram, and many of us on the boards. Your chat was not welcome in the game. If I weren't doing well in lane, I'd have appreciated a comment or two defending me. Not 60 some odd lines. That's not helping anyone. It's not helping to make League a better game.
> The enemy top laner was inting He wasn't inting, period. Here's the demo for you to check yourself, maybe now you stop blindly believing everything Riot says: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lvd45yatayabhr4/EUW1-3559654395.zip > you tried to argue that it wasn't in an attempt to annoy the enemy team. See above, he wasn't inting and I was defending him not to annoy the enemy team, but to stand on his side and support him. > Players didn't like it, you were reported, you were punished. The enemies said "report troll trynda defending this noob inter" or whatever. You do realize people report each other for "noob champ" and whatnot? > Support reviewed the case, as did Riot Tantram, and many of us on the boards. Your chat was not welcome in the game. Except based on comments and the up/down votes, clearly a vast majority of people agreed with me. > If I weren't doing well in lane, I'd have appreciated a comment or two defending me. Not 60 some odd lines. That's not helping anyone. It's not helping to make League a better game. Oh yeah okay so let's ban the person. Let's just ban everyone who does something we don't appreciate. Fuck being different, fuck making mistakes. Ban everyone for whatever bullshit undocumented reason we want.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: So, now that you found calling out Tantram didn't work out as expected, you make **yet** another thread on the exact same subject, but decide to just ignore his take on what happened entirely. You managed to turn an absolutely valid complaint all the way into a good old case of "I didn't get the answer I wanted, so I'll pretend I got none at all".
He left no take on what happened, go read all the unanswered replies to his answer. He never explains what I did wrong, he just says he would've punished me too. Okay, why?
Rioter Comments
saltran (EUW)
: Yeah is not like {{item:3085}} was a Varus core item. He wont be hurted as much as adcs that build 2 zeal items but he indeed cares about the uncomming Zeal nerfs.
The reason it's core is because it enables him to damage multiple enemies with his W+Rage Blade+Wit's End. Nerfing the attack speed or crit won't affect it being core on him, those are only bonus for him.
: Dude just take your penalty like a grown man and move on. You were toxic. You were punished. Learn from it and move on. This is embarrassing.
My punishment is already over long ago, it was 10 game chat restriction. You seriously think that's why i'm doing this? The system has been broken for a long time, something needs to be done.
: "30 seconds... is half of a minute. The total game time was 25:51- round that to 26. Divide 26 by 2... Approximately 13 minutes... Stay in school, friend." I really can NOT understand what is your logic here. But i will try to show it to you with an example: Lets say, he literally spammed the hell out of that game, and he wrote 520 lines, it would make him write a line every 3 seconds. Thats 1/20 minute. So according to your "logic" he typed now 26/20= 1.3 minutes ONLY?! But let me help you with basic logic, since you surely did not stay in school ;) He typed like 450 words (overestimation), I as a not very fast typer can type like 60-70 words (in LoL context, so usually short words) per minute. Lets assume he lied about being a fast typer, and he is as average as me, that is 7 minutes AT MAX.
I'm a programmer and thus spend a lot of time on keyboard, I can do 100-120 WPM. Not to forget that short messages can be literally sent between lasthits, so some of the messages had no impact on anything.
: > He still doesn't answer why he would've given me a chat restriction You are aware that he is doing the stuff on the boards in his "free time", correct? Rioters are not getting paid to browse the boards and help people with their topics. That's what a support is for, which you are free to contact in that matter. If i was at my job in my free time just to say hello to someone and a customer had a question and i give them a quick tip which doesn't include a full conversation, would that be a reason for you to start a witch hunt on me?
I was not aware of that, thank you for enlightening me. I have contacted the support also! :)
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=82ykfF3P,comment-id=0002000100010002,timestamp=2018-03-13T13:43:17.097+0000) > > The guy had a 10kda in this ranked game, he was playing very well. <<EDITED BY MODERATION>> A KDA score does NOT mean he played well. There's a reason he's silver! It's because of the fact that he's so ignorant of the fact that he's spent half that game typing that he's not gonna climb. I've had good KDA games where I won but saw that I had some apparent mistakes. Some very good KDA games where I lost because those mistakes caught up to me. This guy spent half the game not even thinking about it because he was thinking about something entirely unrelated. Maybe you don't understand the implications of that and how large they'll effect his gameplay but ask any credible analyst, coach. Fuck dude, go to twitch.tv/imls and ask him yourself the problematic implication of typing for half the game. He's a very credible coach who's coached pro teams and got pro players into the scene. He converses with challenger korean players; he's a North American who lives in Korea. I assure you, if you told him the amount of time this silver player spent typing.. Depending on his mood he'll either just straight up tell you: "That's a bad player." or make a hyperbolic reaction that turns into a funny joke.
A lot of assumptions you're pulling out of your ass. > The guys' fucking silver. A KDA score does NOT mean he played well. There's a reason he's silver! It's because of the fact that he's so ignorant of the fact that he's spent half that game typing that he's not gonna climb. I'm platinum 3 on my EUNE account, I made a new one on EUW because most of my friends play there. I hit level 30 last week so haven't climbed out of silver yet. I'm pretty sure I can afford to type a little when I'm 7/0 in silver. > This guy spent half the game not even thinking about it because he was thinking about something entirely unrelated. Maybe you don't understand the implications of that and how large they'll effect his gameplay but ask any credible analyst, coach. You don't know how I spent the game. I'm a fast typist and I mostly typed when farming or rotating. Besides, there really wasn't much thinking other than closing out the game.
: > [{quoted}](name=mah1foo,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=82ykfF3P,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-03-13T11:23:14.081+0000) > > I want the system and/or policies changed. That&#x27;s it. Unlikely that'll happen. League of Legends belongs to Riot so they pretty much have every right to do everything they want to it. They won't change their system and/or policies just because you want them to.
: Be toxic, get punished. Be the opposite of toxic, get punished. Nowadays I am literally afraid to put ANYTHING in chat cause I feel it could get me punished. I told someone to stop sassing me earlier am I about to get a fat ban dropped?
I'm trying to make a difference, probably won't matter but worth the shot: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/82ykfF3P-follow-up-2-so-tantram-leaves-one-irrelevant-comment-and-thats-it-case-closed
: Yes the system is a joke. I was given chat restrict after 2 games where i was harassed the whole time. Meanwhile i have all the possible honor rewards including being in the top most honorable players(icons) in EUNE :P.
I made yet another thread, would love if you'd check it out https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/82ykfF3P-follow-up-2-so-tantram-leaves-one-irrelevant-comment-and-thats-it-case-closed
: the real reason the OP was punished is because he hit so many of the keywords the punish-bot doesn't like. 'trolling', 'flaming', and 'inting' are all words that the program is looking for. he said these repeatedly and it cant tell that he wasn't accusing someone of doing those things but rather defending someone who was being accused. all it can do is see that he wrote them, tally them up and issue the punishment. context doesn't matter at all to it. then the support team comes along and reviews the case. they want the punish-bot to look good. they are trying to post a low % of false positives. so they are going to scour the game and the accounts past several games looking for any justification for the punishment. if you showed any negativity in these past games they are going to pounce on it. and finally they come up with their 'reason'. too much arguing. too many messages. what? he is not spamming he is responding to other players who are talking to him in chat. that is not spamming by any definition. and is disagreeing with someone punishable? first riot tantrum post I have ever downvoted.
Yup, I don't understand why they can't just say "oh we made a mistake, our bad". It would be a whole different thing if the support team just said "the punish is for you calling people moron in post-game lobby", but they didn't.
: Tantram sucks, Rito sucks, the system sucks, Solo/Duo sucks, the game sucks. Inb4 boards ban because I'm "flaming" Rifuck games
Well that's a bit extreme. But a lot of things surely do suck.
: cant tell if you are genuinely worried about defending someone and try to justify your case or if you just fish for attention at this point
  Rioter Comments
: > didn't go offensive on anyone Do you mean you weren't using language that wouldn't offend someone? If that is the case you are correct, but there are many other things you can say that will get you punished. If you meant you weren't being aggressive then you are incorrect or bad at word choice. > mah1foo (all): no that would be you > mah1foo (all): you wanna try come 1v1 me ? > mah1foo (all): try "play safe" under turret mate > mah1foo (all): let's see how fast I dive you > mah1foo (all): ?= > mah1foo (all): play safe mate > mah1foo (all): stop trol lpls You were quite aggressive towards the flamers, which is the kind of thing to get you potentially punished. I, too, like to speak out against bullies. I just do it with few words and don't go aggressive, and I have yet to have any restrictions on my account. If just asking people to chill out and be civil doesn't work, there is nothing helpful you can do but report them after the game.
> You were quite aggressive towards the flamers, which is the kind of thing to get you potentially punished. How are the first 5 messages aggressive at all? It was a legit point I made, he was flaming Darius for being turret dived and not playing safe, I countered by asking if he'd like to try instead. You can take anything over text chat aggressively if you want, that doesn't mean it's aggressive. And the last two messages: > mah1foo (all): play safe mate > mah1foo (all): stop trol lpls These can technically be considered negative, but honestly, no. When I dived the enemy Darius, they said these same lines to him. They told him to play safe and stop trolling. A minute later, I dived the flamers 1v2, killed them both, and made it out alive. Maybe it wasn't the kindest way to express my thoughts, but it surely showed them that it's not Darius's fault if I'm diving him. And quite clearly the "stop troll pls" was sarcasm, obviously they weren't trolling.
: He was quite derogatory and aggressive towards the opposing flamers. He was also aggressive towards his own team (MF specifically). While I wouldn't necessarily call it flaming, it is the kind of thing I would consider reporting for. Edit: Also the chat logs don't show the post-game lobby, where they were apparently calling the others morons. You can see it mentioned in the Rioter comment.
> He was quite derogatory and aggressive towards the opposing flamers. He was also aggressive towards his own team (MF specifically). While I wouldn't necessarily call it flaming, it is the kind of thing I would consider reporting for. Point out where I broke the summoner's code, please. > Also the chat logs don't show the post-game lobby, where they were apparently calling the others morons. You can see it mentioned in the Rioter comment. The Riot support who confirmed the punishment didn't mention the post-game lobby either. That's not what I got punished for. I would be fine with this if they just said "you got punished for calling others moron in post game lobby", but they didn't. They never mentioned post-game lobby, and said the punishment was because I "spammed" too much. As far as we're aware, they didn't even know about the post-game discussion, and Tantarum is just trying to de-escalate the situation with it.
: Except that metaphor's not happening here. If you check the logs he's posted (or scroll down the thread and read the logs others have quoted), you'll realise he put those 65 or so chat messages one after the other- there's no way he's going to say those things with delay; they're all connected sentences. 65 messages one after the other is like a minute or more of literally sitting their idle putting text into chat. Now I don't know if you mind, but I'd mind if some guy turned on a chainsaw outside my house and kept it on full rev for a minute. Even if the guy was technically there for 25 minutes, and he only did it for 1 of those minutes and if you average it out mathematically it was only basically "once every 40 seconds" then I'd still be pretty annoyed.
> you'll realise he put those 65 or so chat messages one after the other- there's no way he's going to say those things with delay; they're all connected sentences. Not true, it happened over a duration of 10+ minutes. Stop making assumptions when you have no idea what really happened. > 65 messages one after the other is like a minute or more of literally sitting their idle putting text into chat. Or 10 minutes of playing normally and typing individual messages during rotations, farming, taking dragon, etc..
: Talking doesn't require the use of the hands that dribble the ball or the feet that move you around the court. Unless he had a voice reader ( and his comments here indicate he actually typed his messages) then him typing that much means hes not actually playing and using all his time to flame people.
I'm not engaging in a mechanical intensive fight 24/7 while playing. I can type between taking farm and rotating and it does nothing to my gameplay.
: Aight I'll chill out. Sorry for being rude, I'm just a bit on edge from other people today. That wasn't fair to you.
All good, just watch it in-game or you'll be the next one posting here. :2ink:
: So according to Riot Tantram, you spend 42 lines calling people morons in Post Game Chat and wishing bans upon them. Convenient you forgot to mention that both here and in your original post. Yeah, lost all sympathy...
Convenient how he didn't provide the logs though. If you read carefully, he mentions I sent 42 lines of messages, and I called someone a moron. It might be just "Oh cmon moron you know that's not what I meant". And then 41 lines of not calling anyone by any name. You do realize they wanna clear their name, right?
Ulanopo (NA)
: >You surely aren't suggesting that the deciding factor in whether I'm toxic or not is whether people reported me or not? Nope. Not saying deciding factor. Surely you're not saying it's irrelevant, right? >but other than that I have yet not seen where exactly I broke the summoner code. Exactly. You've decided what you did was justified, so you're unwilling to consider any sort of validity to other people taking exception to your chat. >Arguing with teammates is not the purpose of chat. I would have muted you after a few comments. Tantram said it. I said it. Other people have said it. Guess we're all wrong, that there simply isn't another perspective beyond yours? A 10-game chat restriction is the gentlest reminder that you should contemplate your behavior and the ways in which it was inconsistent with the community. I would prefer you thought about it and made some changes, mostly because that would be best for the community and the safety of your account, but ultimately, you gotta do you. Good luck.
> Nope. Not saying deciding factor. Surely you're not saying it's irrelevant, right? Indeed I am. A report should trigger the game for a review, but should have zero value on the final judgement. You seem to be suggesting that it should factor in. The fact is, people report each other for things like noob champion or "lucker". > Exactly. You've decided what you did was justified, so you're unwilling to consider any sort of validity to other people taking exception to your chat. Umh, no, I mean literally nobody has pointed a single message where I broke the code. Was I nice? Probably not. Did I break any rules (prior the moron insult)? No, I don't think so. > Tantram said it. I said it. Other people have said it. Guess we're all wrong, that there simply isn't another perspective beyond yours? Go read all the messages (I have), by far majority of the people are saying the opposite. Why do you think you're being mostly downvoted? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying your opinion is a lot less popular and surely people shouldn't be punished for not breaking the rules, but doing things against your opinion. > A 10-game chat restriction is the gentlest reminder that you should contemplate your behavior and the ways in which it was inconsistent with the community. I would prefer you thought about it and made some changes, mostly because that would be best for the community and the safety of your account, but ultimately, you gotta do you. Good luck. As I've said elsewhere, I'll change my way of defending people, this was my first time and I've learned from it, but don't think for one second that I would value my videogame account over real people's mental health. You do you, but I recommend you put people first, rules and games second.
: > As I've explained elsewhere, me muting the flamers does nothing for the victim. I'd rather have him know that he's not alone or wrong. Well, Tantram already mentioned that they _were_ wrong for giving up and opening top lane. Beyond that, if you wanted the top laner to know that they're not alone or what have you - do so, but don't go off into detrimental ramblings or whatever else. > I mute everyone who speaks foreign languages. Does that mean they should be punished for spamming the chat? No. Same thing here, as long as I don't break the summoner's code, I don't see how "being annoying" or whatever is punishable. Now you're just pulling up anything to deflect arguments. My argument was: _**If you have to raise the counterargument of "well if they didn't like my chat, they could have just muted me", then that means there's a clear problem with your chat if people should have to mute you.**_ Being annoying consistently is punishable. It isn't bad enough to warrant punishment on its own, in a single match, but consistently annoying other players throughout several matches can result in being punished. Beyond that, you seem to be ignoring something specific, which is that I said this; > Arguing may be normal, but _there isn't a whole lot of room or reason for arguing in the middle of a tense, focus-taxing videogame. Arguments detract from the gameplay_, and, while it may not have led to a loss in this case, it very well could in many other cases. There isn't room or good reason to argue with other players in a League match. Arguing is generally viewed as detrimental and can (and clearly has) lead to a punishment. --- > Ah yes, calling someone a moron is surely flaming. But I never did it in-game. So that can't be the reason for anyone to mute me, right? And same thing for wishing bans on flamers, I don't even know if that can be counted as flaming, but I didn't do it in-game either. So again, surely nobody muted me for flaming. It doesn't matter if people didn't/couldn't mute you for flaming because of when you did it, what matters is that _you did flame_, and _flaming is punishable_. Disregarding when it happened and whether or not people could've tuned you out, _you are still not allowed to flame_. Focus less on **other peoples' _potential_ actions**, and focus more on **your own _actual_ actions**. > Now you're just making nonsense assumptions. I didn't stay to fight or flame anyone, I stayed to explain to people why I believed Darius wasn't trolling, and what really happened on the toplane. You didn't do enough of that in-game? > I'm sure you would change your mind if the Rioter showed the whole discussion, including what the other guys were saying of me and Darius. I really wouldn't. Given the way you've deflected and raised poor counterarguments, I've less reason now to believe you're particularly virtuous like you try to sell yourself as. You may have good intent, but all your actions seem to heavily contradict what you intended. > Moron is still a relatively nice word. "Relatively nice" isn't nice. It's only nice relative to other words. It's still an insult, and it's still not nice.
> Well, Tantram already mentioned that they were wrong for giving up and opening top lane. Except he's wrong as the Darius never gave up, and he was forced to give me turrets or he'd die, his team didn't help him at all. And now Tantram has silently disappeared rather than answering my counter arguments. > Beyond that, if you wanted the top laner to know that they're not alone or what have you - do so, but don't go off into detrimental ramblings or whatever else. We've been through this already, I know the method wasn't perfect. But I didn't break the summoner's code either, simply being annoing surely isn't an offense. > Now you're just pulling up anything to deflect arguments. My argument was: If you have to raise the counterargument of "well if they didn't like my chat, they could have just muted me", then that means there's a clear problem with your chat if people should have to mute you. It was a legit counter argument, which you can't deny. The mute button exists because not everyone wants to listen to everyone. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm doing something against the rules, that's an extremely flawed way of thinking. > Being annoying consistently is punishable. It isn't bad enough to warrant punishment on its own, in a single match, but consistently annoying other players throughout several matches can result in being punished. This is nonsense. To me it's annoying that russians type russian, so I mute them. To me it's annoying when premades chit chat, so I mute them. To someone it's annoying that I argue about what is inting and trolling, so they can mute me. None of these things break the summoner's code, and none of them should be punishable based on "it's annoying". > There isn't room or good reason to argue with other players in a League match. Arguing is generally viewed as detrimental and can (and clearly has) lead to a punishment But there was room. A lot actually, we won easily and I still focused on the game. Arguing itself is not wrong, having arguments is the way we decide in court whether a person is quilty or not, arguments are how partners decide what to do in life, or how new laws are being made. Argument doesn't have to be offensive, and again, I've yet to see anyone point out where my argument was offensive. > It doesn't matter if people didn't/couldn't mute you for flaming because of when you did it, what matters is that you did flame, and flaming is punishable. Disregarding when it happened and whether or not people could've tuned you out, you are still not allowed to flame. You're not reading my messages, you're seeing what you want to see. I was originally discussing of the in-game arguing and how I didn't flame anyone there, thus nobody could have muted me for flaming. I never said anything about it being ok to flame post game, I was merely focusing on the fact that if someone did mute me, it wasn't for flaming. So your reply makes no sense and is irrelevant, sorry but I don't even know what you're after anymore. > You didn't do enough of that in-game? I have no issues talking with people who are interested to hear more, especially when it started out very civil. > I really wouldn't. Given the way you've deflected and raised poor counterarguments, I've less reason now to believe you're particularly virtuous like you try to sell yourself as. You may have good intent, but all your actions seem to heavily contradict what you intended. Again this makes no sense, what if I told you that in my opinion you're raising poor arguments? Simply you judging the case and deciding beforehand that you wouldn't change your mind, based on our conversation that had nothing to do with the original scenario, shows that maybe we all have our flaws. Surely you had good intent too, but pre-deciding like that gives a very bad image of you. And again, other than the single moron message out of the 106 messages, I have yet to see hoe my actions contradict with my intent. Were my actions perfect? No. Do they contradict with the intent? Please, show me where. > "Relatively nice" isn't nice. It's only nice relative to other words. It's still an insult, and it's still not nice. Let me ask you, have you ever called someone by name? Maybe your brother or a friend? Now, if a person is suggesting you to kill yourself, is wishing cancer on you, calling people idiot retard apes for not being good at a video game, is constantly caps locking, etc, and you keep your cool over 105 messages, is it really even worthy of a mention that you called someone a moron in one message?
Show more

mah1foo

Level 36 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion