: The skins are getting boring.
GreenLore (EUW)
: From what I understand they are all titanic. You can actually see some planets next to Varus in his splash art, they get destroyed just by being near Varus when he charges his Q. https://static.lolwallpapers.net/2016/06/5758a0947eeb7.jpg And Rhaast is most likely so small because he isn't a full dark star, he is simply an emissary they send to the odyssey universe to open a gate for the real dark stars, which would also explain why he looks so different from the rest of the dark stars. Though thats just my theory on the matter.
Carnivalknights said on Twitter that if Rhaast won he'd eventually grow back to full size. He's also red due to Kayn's blood mixed into him.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Swains bio mentions that Beatrice gathers secrets and knowledge. And ingame Swains W is a direct representation of him gathering information.
Beatrice isn't mentioned anywhere in the new lore outside of Swain's joke in-game.
CyberW0lf (EUW)
: I assume Swain must've made a deal of sorts with the Demon. Demons are stated to be timeless, so it will certainly outlive Swain. I also don't think Swain could have somehow subjugated or conquered the demon (even though Swain does say he 'conquered' it). It's unlikely Swain physically or magically dominated the Demon. So I'll assume Swain either cut a deal with it or somehow outwitted it. A demon of secrets obviously wants to feed on secrets, and a man in a position of power such as Swain obviously has the means and motive to obtain secrets of everyone around him. So maybe the Demon is empowering Swain in exchange for a steady stream of secrets? Swain gains the secrets from the soul fragments he rips out of enemies, and the quotes he speaks after doing so are fat, juicy secrets the demon is feeding on. Alternatively, Swain may have somehow outwitted the demon, and tricked it into subjugation. This seems most likely, as Swain probably wouldn't want to be fully dependant on a Demon that only helps him because of a fickle deal. The question then is _how_ he did it. Just some loose speculations and theories, just wanted to leave my thoughts here.
Thanks for your insight. I wrote some more on the demon including a bunch of theories I had here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/NQa9J24J-theory-about-swains-demon-raum Check it out and let me know what you think!
: > [{quoted}](name=IdrakoKagesisbak,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=rlVTLzLH,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-21T23:47:38.615+0000) > > anyone know a solution to my game randomly pauseing for 1-3 seconds and my ping jumping from 50 to 350 then going right back down? I thought it was my internet at first until i was at a friends house with my pc and it was still happening Are you playing on WiFi or wired? It sounds like either something is connecting/disconnecting, or you've got a process/program that's lagging you out occasionally.
Happening for me too. It hangs every minute or so and is unrelated to packet loss I think. While it's frozen for the 1-3 seconds I can't control my champ so often they keep moving and int :(
Rioter Comments
: 💬 C&C Discord -- [Information & Verification]
: It was Reav3's idea. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}} I worked on it a bit with LtRandolph. It's not mentioned in the patch notes, but not every character/faction-specific taunt was moved over. Some didn't make sense (in our opinion), or 2 out of the 3 options didn't make sense... And there were tech limitations as well. For example, we couldn't combine Tahm Kench's ally and enemy taunts without requiring everyone to download a bunch of sound files again, bloating the patch size (a big issue in some regions). So only the enemy taunts became first encounters. Basically, you're right. Two person indie project. Looking to make the most value with the least negative impact!! If anyone who happens to see this post notices anything wonky, or has suggestions for their favorite champs, please lemme know.
Could you detail how the tech works? I absolutely love the interactions but there are cases where in unsure if the window for triggering them has passed or if it just hasnt worked or something. Do the champs reply to an encounter line like a conversation or do you just hear one or your champ? As for requests id love it if some of the Ascension only voicelines for the Shurima champs were put into this system or into their voice overs as a lot of lines are going unused when champs like Renekton and Xerath would really benefit. As a Tahm Main, thank you so much for this feature! I hope you add skin compatibility too!
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 18
Will the unused voice lines for Shurimans used in Ascension ever be populated into their VO? It could work great as a test of first encounters on older champs.
: Skin Universe Lore in 2019: Alt Fantasy, Multiverse Theory, and You
Skin lore is VERY VERY important to me. I consider myself an expert on it and have followed its development since the Kindlejack days where the only lore was found here in the red posts. I am excited about the direction skin lore is headed, actually being taken seriously and it honestly saddens me to read comments where people say they don't care. I even made a whole twitter for the sole purpose of spamming you with questions related to skin lore (which you might have noticed). What I want more of in 2019 plain and simple is MORE LORE. Weather through comics, stories or blurbs I just want more of it and I hope for development in meaningful ways. A fact that makes me prefer skin lore to canon is the ability to simply ask a question and receive an answer, but unfortunately and understandably due to the importance of skin lore now, a lot of detail that you've already planned is being held back due to spoilers or something, and while I get the reasons why you do it, I also find it disappointing having to wait just to see any small kind of progression. I love your work and have written many a short story and fan scripts for skins using your lore as inspiration. I really loved the abstract nature of your Blood Moon story and I consider it my fav skin line. I think there really need to be legendaries for the bigger skin lines like Event Horizon and Blood Moon that can explain more of the story through the script. BM is huge and it really shocks me that it has no legendary yet. What makes a good legendary script, in my opinion, is the interactions and the way it can tell its story through the lens of the champion. Keep on doing creak work and I hope you never get tired of replying to my endless questions on twitter. I still think I'm the skin lore expert and I've memorized a lot of the old red posts and know about all the lore for the skin lines. Hopefully, I can work on them too someday. (pls make an Old God Swain legendary in the eclipse universe)
La Bello (NA)
: @Riot if you plan to retire RGM then the Ascension specific shurima lines should be adapted to SR
Cassio too. A lot of the lines could be adapted to ult or first encounter lines as they fit quite well. Shame they're going unused.
Noxxarian (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=nintendo625,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nAOiE9mX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-18T18:57:03.210+0000) > > Janna? Aah this is where I saw you before haha
Noxxarian (EUNE)
: Teaser #18 (The Next Lore Spotlight)
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 9
Will the glow effect on Lissandra's head be removed completely?
AD Yuumi (NA)
: Nexus Blitz - Week 1 Feedback and Patch Notes
There’s a bug where the Varus W proc isn’t capped on the walking nexus and does 1/3 of it’s health in one proc.
: @Rioters please correct this on male champs
Dark Star and Heartseeker Varus have nice asses.
: Nunu & Willump VGU: WIP Thread
Sasquatch seems out of place with the snow. Any chance his snowball could be recolored into mud or something?
: I uploaded them on Friday, so it'll take a little bit for our localization teams to translate everything before rollout. There was.... a lot of text this patch.
Can you say which skin lines got them? I have the google doc that Scathlocke updates but I've been looking forward to it since you mentioned it!
  Rioter Comments
: Tahm Kench merch
Tahm Kench is a neglected champ with no skins or merch unfortunately :(
Rioter Comments
: Actually Riot confirmed that the demons don't particularly stand for the Seven Deadly Sins; they just stand for humanity's vices and shortcomings as a whole. Nocturne could easily fit Fear.
Nocturne would suit better as nightmares and Fiddlesticks with fear as they need to figure out a way to make them distinct.
: 1. I didn't decide that -- there is actually some short fiction and player messaging that predates my role on skins, which locked those guys into the leadership role and the organization as a cult. I believe you can read it on Universe. Also I liked it better as a cult. As for Diana and Akali, they're priestesses, who are powerful enough to have a huge degree of autonomy from the cult itself. Diana is much, much more powerful than the rest of the members realize, but we haven't gotten to tell that story yet ;) 2. Stay tuned. 3. I assume there are more zombies/zombie slayers, but that depends on if we make more skins in those lines in the foreseeable future. When we do, there will be more zombies and slayers. 4. They live in a different universe. 5. Writing it now, but: Twisted Fate is a time thief, Riven is a crusader who worships time as a religion, and Shen is building an army of warriors from across time and space.
When would the opportunity to tell Diana’s story come about? I don’t think riot has ever revisited something like that and the long form stories tend to coincide with events and be based around the new skins. Blood Moon could really use a legendary skin to tie up loose ends.
: man, i sure do love that there _skin lore_ hoo boy i could make posts asking about it on boards all day, me, a normal player who does not work here i bet the one guy who writes for skins would love to talk about it more on boards, where i, a player who is not the skins writer, eagerly anticipate the next big skOH GOD PLEASE SOMEBODY ASK ABOUT THE SKIN LORE
Skin lore is my obsession so you're really my hero! When can we expect that dump of new skin bios? They're what I look forward to every pbe cycle! I just love speculating and thinking about how each champ fits into the world it really is amazing what you do! I write skin scripts and stories based on your lore. :)
SSmotzer (NA)
: What would Draven look like Ascended?
Rioter Comments
: Let us know what else you guys would like to see or find valuable. News is only the first step for League Friends.
is it possible to have it connect with League Voice?
: Support local nonprofits with Dark Star Cho’Gath
What's the lore behind Dark Star Cho? I know the general Dark Star lore but does he have any specificly?
: > [{quoted}](name=Larriet,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jM8UoZAg,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2018-07-10T14:44:34.489+0000) > > I just want to say I hope we get bios for some skins, even if they're not part of a skinline. The ones on my mind are the three Ultimate skins that aren't part of a set (although DJ Sona maybe doesn't need one? You can pretty much take her at face value). The other thing was that I hope there isn't necessarily a push to put every skin into a shared universe just because it's Legendary+. I think it's nice for some of them to be champion-specific. DJ Sona will end up as part of a universe, though I can't say which one yet because I *frantically searching through loose papers* haven't started developing it yet. As for standalones, those will still exist. Statue of Karthus is the first, I believe, but there are a few others.
Is Ravenborn Leblanc connected in any way to Tyrant Swain?
: Can we get a Yordle/Bandle City and a general 'Vastaya' Icon?
Add a demon icon to that too! (Tahm/Eve etc)
: Personally, if we do another, I hope we pick Rengo/Jumpbug. The God Kings were an awesome writing challenge. I'd love to break into Rengo/Jumpbug.
Any idea what could work as a theme for them? I was thinking maybe technology vs nature or something to take the evolution aspect up a notch. The opposite of change is stagnation but Stagnant Rengar wouldn't make for a very good skin so maybe augmenting with technology may work.
Rioter Comments
: (In Client) where are the skin bios
In the skins tab change the first filter option to 'Set' and the second to 'Universe'.
: And yet at the same time it was confirmed Evelynn couldn't change form instantaneously. That if Evelynn wanted to change appearance, it would apparently take decades to manifest into a new more perfect form. So I don't see Evelynn changing into a seductive male figure as often as people may think.
Confirmed by who?
Rioter Comments
: Is Miss Fortune going to get a VO update?
They were experimenting with a new VO but struggled to find the right balance between sexy and badass in a way that appealed to players that liked one or the other so they decided to work on it longer.
Ifneth (NA)
: That could create gameplay clarity problems where something hides behind his wings.
You didn't even read the post did you? Dragon Master and Northern Front already have opaque wings so this isn't a clarity issue.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EugnWIMw,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-21T19:35:15.507+0000) > > Yup. Which is why I'm going with Darius. > > Sorry about your luck there, must suck to have a champion you're willing to name yourself after turn out like that in an event. i mean its still not too late for riot to make a couple minor changes like that. even if they dont manage to do it in time for the event, maybe there is something that can still be done anyways.
It's too late dude. The event is on Wednesday and they'd have to call back the voice actor, pay him for the time, edit the lines, bug test them then repeat for every region. It's just not gonna happen.
Hupsis (EUNE)
: Interesting theory. Makes me think what names other demons have. "Evelynn" is obviously a fake name and part of her play. "Tahm Kench" sounds kinda demonic but he could have a demon name. If knowing a demon's name gives power over it, that's certainly a plus for Swain. He owns the demon of secrets... what are the chances that he will someday learn the names of other demons and gain control over them? It would be super cool to get more info on demons as a race. Are they even a race? There seems to be so much variance in their existence.
Tahm Kench is the name of the gambler he tricked in his story. It just became Synonymous with the demon. The other demons may have true names but I’m not sure they’d be powerful enough to control them like the demon of secrets. Demons are abstract so the name only has so much power because it’s such a secret.
: Even if Beatrice is inspired by the one you found.......isnt gender an issue here? Riot will probably throw a loop and just name that demon subspecies Raumians or demons of Raum if they ever feel like making it official somewhere x)
It’s not confirmed that the demon is beatrice or even female. Its just something swain mentions in his joke as a reference but there hasn’t been any confirmation or word from riot alluding to the demon being connected to Beatrice.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: 14 champs that have gone over 1000 days w/o a new skin (June 2018)
Rioter Comments
: NEW DARKIN ICON (And possible future icons)
I hope demons get their own icon. (tahm, eve, nocturne etc)
Rioter Comments
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XYYzEKKa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-11T19:50:32.343+0000) > > {{champion:10}} and {{champion:25}} 's lore will not be updated for an eternity because there's probably a 0% chance of an "angel event" happening. Actually, Kayle's and Morgana's lore will be updated when **both** of them receive their rework. They are very high on the list. I wouldn't expect it anytime sooner than mid 2019 - one year from now.
There are two VGU slots left this year and signs point to Kayle and Morgana being the two tbh.
  Rioter Comments
: Can someone please drop a link to where I can read these skin bios?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fuZpHLNeH9yHSnLm34EKLvQRJ4hrGG98KZNAyvLf_f0/edit?usp=sharing
Rioter Comments
Show more

nintendo625

Level 199 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion