Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: September 13
How's the Annie change in terms of winrate? I'm still mixed on the change because it's potentially too strong for her to be given free mobility.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 9
Any more mid lane champions that are in talks to getting buffs? Mid lane seems stale right now.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 2
Since more simple champions like Malphite, Warwick and the soon Pantheon gor updated/reworked. I think Annie's update was the most lackluster one because she still feels outdated and weak as a mage/mid laner. Is she going to have any updates/buffs/changes?
5050BS (NA)
: Some champs more then others {{champion:90}} ALL of his spells are 70+ mana a cast and his E only gives mana if IT kills it and is less mana then say {{champion:1}} crazy mana regen
{{champion:1}} crazy mana regen Nitpick but Annie's mana costs are quite high, her only aoe wave clear skill, W, costs 110 mana and that doesn't instantly kills caster minions until she has 200 AP. Her wave clear is mediocre at best. I can see why it's usually more than others since she can only spam Q.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: September 19
What's are thoughts on Annie? She still feels weak and outclassed to play even as support with the aa buffs
Rioter Comments
: That's what I've been asking but I cant get Meddler or anyone from the patch notes to even acknowledge Annie exists!
> [{quoted}](name=Decahexatris1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JMz3Jw4E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-01T02:38:40.370+0000) > > That's what I've been asking but I cant get Meddler or anyone from the patch notes to even acknowledge Annie exists! Same concern. I could understand if they said that it was cancelled and was given an explanation but they didn't as of now.
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 18
What are the other tests that you had or will try on buffing Annie? I personally think increasing her autobattack range would just make her strong again in the support role andbcould make her too oppressive like before. Maybe some buffs to her mid lane more (preferably a stronger wave clear or a more useful Molten Shield)
Rioter Comments
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
Annie Molten Shield Places a shield around Annie for 3 seconds, reducing the damage she takes by 16 / 22 / 28 / 34 / 40% for the duration. Additionally, enemies will be dealt 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 (+20% of ability power) magic damage whenever they use auto attacks on her while the shield is active. to Places a shield around Annie for 3 seconds, reducing the damage she takes by 12 / 18 / 24 / 28 / 34% for the duration. Additionally, enemies will be dealt 10 / 20 / 40 / 50 / 60 (+20% of ability power) magic damage whenever they use auto attacks on her while the shield is active. After 3 seconds, the shield explodes marking only minions/monsters for 5 seconds dealing extra 5/10/15/20/25% damage to them. Explanation: This would greatly help Annie's mediocre wave clear and amking her E more useful outside of a stun charger.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 11
What would be the possible change on Shurelya's if ever you are going to tweak it? Also, why is the target on Shurelia's Reverie itself when the problem was the champions themaelves especially vlad. Vlad scales too fast (for a scaling champion) because he benefits from the cheap support items (FQC and Eye of the Watchers era too). Imo, He needs to be tweaked before getting into the items.
: What would an MF meta look like?
MF Meta= Poke meta. When she was reworked, she became more of an ad caster than an auto attacker. When she was meta, along with Varus and Jhin in which they abused lethality/armpen/sorcery tree, she was very oppressive in lane. But if she got behind, then she fall off compared to hyper carries who needs to stall the game.
Rioter Comments
: People seem to have forgotten how utterly toxic the game used to be
You forgot the infamous Kalista-Annie lane. That duo still gives me ptsd everytime I remember how toxic it was.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 14
What are your planned changes in buffing Turrets. I find them very outdated thus being weak. Personally, I think them being easy to destroy is somewhat ok, but turrets lack protection ffor the early game. So that's why it's so easy to tower-dive. Tower diving should be high-risk, high reward. Suggestion: Maybe give outer turret an aura that gives damage reduction/shield if there are 3 or more enemy champions near by. It's limited though for up to maybe 10-15 minutes of the game?
: Waveclear work for 8.6 or later
The problem with waveclear in midlane is on the champions with high wave clear themselves and not on the minions. With these draft change top minions, this wouldn't change much. The problem with wave clear right now is because almost every meta mid laner has many aoe spells that makes them clear waves faster. Most notably these champions, {{champion:163}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:134}} (when she was't nerfed to the ground yet) {{champion:268}}. Leaving champions like {{champion:1}} {{champion:99}} (who has mediocre waveclear) get shoved down easily and will just get shoved down more because of these changes. Recommended solution: Make AOE damage less on minons and make single target/autoattacks stronger on them.
: Infinity Edge Rework
Just make it an item built for the late game like DCap and not as a rush/2nd item to bump damage.
: Shurelya's Reverie is back on PBE!
Can't wait to try this with {{champion:1}} support together with {{item:3800}} for them engages.
mk DILLY (NA)
: You're seriously calling for nerfs on Varus? This is the first time Varus has had over a 50% win rate in forever. It might even drop below that now that Relic is getting nerfed. His armor pen builds (which aren't viable at all right now) were fun but always had low win rates. He was literally forgotten about by Riot for years and recently _was_ hard nerfed, which is why no one even levels his Q anymore. There are also a ton more ADC's with higher win rates - champs that have had higher win rates for ages (Twitch, Tristana, Miss Fortune, etc.). The only problem with Varus is he sees a lot of pro play because he shreds tanks (which are strong right now) and he works better in organized teams that can protect him and utilize his ult better. After tanks and shields are toned down in the next few patches, Varus' win rate will drop even more and he'll leave the meta. His kit is not OP at all right now - it's just the shield and tank meta suits him. If you nerf him, he'll be trash after the meta changes. And your post shows you actually don't know a lot about Varus. "became a pseudo-hyper carry with his Guinsoo build"? Rageblade is an early game build, not a hyper carry build. In fact, the later the game goes, the lower Varus' win rate. "he's too much of a safe champion"? Varus is _possibly_ the least safe ADC in the game now that they trashed his Q. He has to get into auto attack range to do anything now and he has only his ult to protect him, no movement abilities, and can't melt enemies like a Kog'maw.
> [{quoted}](name=mk DILLY,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LvfAK7AG,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-26T18:34:28.027+0000) > > You're seriously calling for nerfs on Varus? This is the first time Varus has had over a 50% win rate in forever. It might even drop below that now that Relic is getting nerfed. His armor pen builds (which aren't viable at all right now) were fun but always had low win rates. He was literally forgotten about by Riot for years and recently _was_ hard nerfed, which is why no one even levels his Q anymore. There are also a ton more ADC's with higher win rates - champs that have had higher win rates for ages (Twitch, Tristana, Miss Fortune, etc.). > > The only problem with Varus is he sees a lot of pro play because he shreds tanks (which are strong right now) and he works better in organized teams that can protect him and utilize his ult better. After tanks and shields are toned down in the next few patches, Varus' win rate will drop even more and he'll leave the meta. His kit is not OP at all right now - it's just the shield and tank meta suits him. If you nerf him, he'll be trash after the meta changes. > > And your post shows you actually don't know a lot about Varus. "became a pseudo-hyper carry with his Guinsoo build"? Rageblade is an early game build, not a hyper carry build. In fact, the later the game goes, the lower Varus' win rate. "he's too much of a safe champion"? Varus is _possibly_ the least safe ADC in the game now that they trashed his Q. He has to get into auto attack range to do anything now and he has only his ult to protect him, no movement abilities, and can't melt enemies like a Kog'maw. Arm Pen Meta (Lucian, MF, Jhin, Varus, Cait, Ashe, Ezreal, Twitch) Lethality Meta (Lucian, MF, Jhin, Varus, Cait, Ashe, Ezreal, Twitch) Ardent Meta (Kog, Trist, Xayah, Varus, Twitch, Kalista) Sorcery Poke Meta (Varus, MF, Jhin, Ezreal, Kalista) Relic+Fleet+overheal Meta (Vayne, Varus, Trist, Ezreal, Kalista, Twitch) He was never forgotten and had received changes to make his Q a non-toxic gameplay and his passive made him more a better auto attacker. There was a lot of changes to the meta that he has had adapted on whilst being effective and good. You are contradicting yourself because hyper carries are meant to shred everyone, including tanks. While Varus may not be the strongest late game, his damage isn't laughable either that's why I said that he's a "pseudo" hyper carry. I never said he was busted. They were planning to nerf Jarvan and their reasoning is very similar to what Varus provides.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 24
Any plan/tests on Statik Shiv? probably think this item's passive is one of the reasons why hypercarries get so much burst just from their autos.
buPPDrmXEO (EUNE)
: What's unbalanced about long range hyper scaling lane bully team fight aoe disengage burst poke siege sustained damage AP mage?
> [{quoted}](name=Juice,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jLtz7tiU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-22T00:06:30.980+0000) > > What's unbalanced about long range hyper scaling lane bully team fight aoe disengage burst poke siege sustained damage AP mage? You forgot his mobility
Rioter Comments
Phariie (NA)
: Azir Range Decrease but not Xerath
Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. Xerath is an artillery mage and Azir is a generalist (Can poke, bvurst, dps) mage. Both are strong right now but Azir appears to be too strong at the moment (high pick/ban both in soloq and competitive) and is now being looked at for possible nerfs.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 12
Hi meddler! Would immobile short ranged champions like Annie get compensation buffs if the targeted spells minion aggro will push through? She already gets bullied in lane and if it pushes through, she might have a harder time.
: Okay, let's think about what champions that change to targeted spells would affect: Akali Annie Brand Janna Jhin? Karma? Kayle Kennen? LeBlanc Lulu Malphite Malzahar? Maokai Nami Nunu Quinn Renekton (I've heard that his W doesn't pull minion aggro but that doesn't sound correct) Shaco Swain Ryze Teemo Tristana Viktor Vladimir Question marks because I don't know if/how this would affect AoE or DoT spells at all. This is a pretty big change if it goes through, but I like the idea here of putting the same limits on these spells that basic attacks have. Obviously a lot of rebalancing (read: buffs) would have to follow but it could be a really good change in the long term.
> [{quoted}](name=Carnicore,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=K9zRyuEe,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-01-10T16:15:15.875+0000) > > Okay, let's think about what champions that change to targeted spells would affect: > > Akali > Annie > Brand > Janna > Jhin? > Karma? > Kayle > Kennen? > LeBlanc > Lulu > Malphite > Malzahar? > Maokai > Nami > Nunu > Quinn > Renekton (I've heard that his W doesn't pull minion aggro but that doesn't sound correct) > Shaco > Swain > Ryze > Teemo > Tristana > Viktor > Vladimir > > Question marks because I don't know if/how this would affect AoE or DoT spells at all. > > This is a pretty big change if it goes through, but I like the idea here of putting the same limits on these spells that basic attacks have. Obviously a lot of rebalancing (read: buffs) would have to follow but it could be a really good change in the long term. Mediocre range mages like Annie would probably have a hard time when it pushes through. Imagine laning against someone that outranges you, you try to trade with Q, and you get aggroed by minions while still dodging long range skillshots. That would be so bad to play against.
: Malzahar is still uninteractive and unfun to lane against
Atleast Pantheon sucks late game unlike Malz who has a %Health damage that could shred tanks.... Seriously though, his ult cooldown is so low that it becomes 37s (Max Rank) at 45% cd with ultimate hat on. That is no fun at all. He has very few risks to not take as a mid laner. People complain about Annie's Flash R as OP but Malz's Flash R is much more cancerous if you ask me. And the fact that you'll need to buy a QSS (mages doesn't have an item tha build into this) so that he coudn't all-in you easily is very centralising for a champion. Banshee's Veil you say? He can just pop it out with his Q that has a safe range.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: December 8
Hi Meddler! What are the upcoming changes/nerf on MF? I personally think that sorcery tree as a whole needs to be toned down early (Scorch is too strong) and all runes on the tree benefit her too much. Another would be reducing the base damage on her Make it Rain. It's so strong early especually with Scorch and Aery/comet. For an easy champion, it lools like Annie is struggling in the meta that's filled with poke champions, any planned changes/buffs for her?
: She's strong with the runes. Lethality buffs helped carrying over to preseason. (I for one never ran lethality runes, just standard mr glyphs, armor seals and marks/quints of attack damage, which in return netted me 75? AD I believe at level 1 before preseason. Now she can start with 78 going Dorans blade) Now with the passive ardent meta gone, we have chaos. No glyphs of magic resist makes these marksmen weaker to magic damage. We now have more damage on literally everything with no defenses to help. Of course she is going to stomp these late game carries early. She's always been a lane bully. Zyra, velkoz, brand, Sona, karma, Leona... all these champs can now do tons more damage to kill and set the carry back. Our towers fall too fast for these late game carries to try and "reach late game". I expect downvotes for this, but honestly if lethality is designed for assasins, why are marksmen able to use it? This is essentially making the marksmen an assasin. Why not make lethality Meele only? So that marksmens are forced to go upon their crit build paths.
> > I expect downvotes for this, but honestly if lethality is designed for assasins, why are marksmen able to use it? This is essentially making the marksmen an assasin. Why not make lethality Meele only? So that marksmens are forced to go upon their crit build paths. I agree on what you say and MF is just too good at being a lane bully now. Lethality isn't just for assassins in general, they are made for AD Casters in general like Pantheon, Jayce, Kha Zix, Lee Sin, (even SIon to an extent) because they scale really well with AD. With the marksmen rework, they made MF an AD Caster because of her passive rather than your typical auto-attack based champion. She became more bursty because of the rework and become more reliant on stacking AD because it gives her more damage because building the typical crit-atk speed will just get her outscaled because of her low ad per level scalings and range to access the back line.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rayven (NA)
: Preseason Healthbar Update
Does Annie and Jhin will also have themes for their passive bars?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 20
What do you think of Annie's wave clear? For a mage, she has one of the most mediocre ones and easily gets pushed in the turret even with matchups she favors into like Ryze. Im curious on how could you make Annie jungle viable? Any tests that you guys made?
JayJay01 (NA)
: How do I counter Yasuo?
Let him push. Yas needs your minions for his mobility, Other than that he is just another immobile melee. He's squishy and is very weak to CC thus can be easily bursted. Yasuo players hate playing against good {{champion:1}} players. Her 575 auto-attack range can easily pop his shield and could even harass him at early levels. Annie has a point-and-click CC wither Disintegrate(Q) and it's very easy to bait out his Windwall. Annie's Incinerate(W) and Summon:Tibbers(R) passes through his windwall. Annie also has her Molten Shield(E) that gives damage reduction and ala-thornmail passive since Yasuo's an autoattack champion.
: Wow. Can't believe they did that. I don't like it.
> [{quoted}](name=MysticDreams12,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qx3lfNvE,comment-id=0003000100000000,timestamp=2017-10-14T00:55:21.690+0000) > > Wow. Can't believe they did that. I don't like it. Yep, Flash+ult isn't as reliable as before. You could actually miss the stun so many Annie mains opt to stun with Q first now given if it's for a single target.
: > [{quoted}](name=rhintheminstrel,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qx3lfNvE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-10-13T00:55:27.481+0000) > > {{champion:1}} has counterplays. Her range, for a mage, is lackluster so she needs Flash to do her full combo. With out flash, she's going to need someone else to engage for her. As of the MYMU, her Summon: Tibbers and Incinerate has been given a 0.25s delay compared to before that it's instant. I don't know where you got that info but Riot said they didn't want delays on Tibbers during her MYMU. That has to be false.
> [{quoted}](name=MysticDreams12,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qx3lfNvE,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2017-10-13T21:22:20.929+0000) > > I don't know where you got that info but Riot said they didn't want delays on Tibbers during her MYMU. That has to be false. That's their way of fixing Annie's bug where in Incinerate and Summon:Tibbers could still hit even when flashed /dodged by the enemies. I'm an Annie main myself and have experienced it. Try playing her and feel the delay itself.
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=rhintheminstrel,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qx3lfNvE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-10-13T00:55:27.481+0000) > > {{champion:61}} and {{champion:163}} not oppressive? > > Ori can easily use her ball to zone you out or poke you back. The presence of her ball itself is already oppressive. Taliyah is very strong early game and has a very strong level 3 all-in. She is much like TF, oppressive to other lanes especially at 6 and above where she can just roam and deal a lot of damage with her combo. > > Yes, {{champion:134}} is strong and oppressive but she has had been nerfed so much and with the influx of shields and heals, she's the only reliable BURST champion that could actually stop an ADC destroying teams. > > {{champion:1}} has counterplays. Her range, for a mage, is lackluster so she needs Flash to do her full combo. With out flash, she's going to need someone else to engage for her. As of the MYMU, her Summon: Tibbers and Incinerate has been given a 0.25s delay compared to before that it's instant. > > {{champion:34}} 's stun is actually a skillshot. She needs item to do well too. ANd most Annivia's opt to power farm til she gets her powerspikes. > > These items are there for a reason and really helps you for them to not snowball like crazy > {{item:3001}} {{item:3194}} {{item:3155}} {{item:3111}} {{item:3140}} Most Anivias will just put their wall behind you to push you into R, where she can't miss her Q because you're slowed. More likely she won't even throw her Q, and instead save it to stun you when wall ends, so she can get a second E off. You're just not at a high level of play, so you don't see this. This is the problem with discussing balance, 95% of people posting here have never encountered good players.
> [{quoted}](name=Yenn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qx3lfNvE,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-10-13T05:08:54.570+0000) > > Most Anivias will just put their wall behind you to push you into R, where she can't miss her Q because you're slowed. More likely she won't even throw her Q, and instead save it to stun you when wall ends, so she can get a second E off. You're just not at a high level of play, so you don't see this. > > This is the problem with discussing balance, 95% of people posting here have never encountered good players. I've encountered good Anivia players and I am aware of that combo since I've experienced being hit with that combo many times. What the OP is trying to say is that the mages above lack counterplay? Is it the same case for Anivia? I think not. Anivia is in a decent spot right now compared to other mid laners.
: Since Riot is big about rework low counterplay (assassins?) kits why not take another look at mages?
{{champion:61}} and {{champion:163}} not oppressive? Ori can easily use her ball to zone you out or poke you back. The presence of her ball itself is already oppressive. Taliyah is very strong early game and has a very strong level 3 all-in. She is much like TF, oppressive to other lanes especially at 6 and above where she can just roam and deal a lot of damage with her combo. Yes, {{champion:134}} is strong and oppressive but she has had been nerfed so much and with the influx of shields and heals, she's the only reliable BURST champion that could actually stop an ADC destroying teams. {{champion:1}} has counterplays. Her range, for a mage, is lackluster so she needs Flash to do her full combo. With out flash, she's going to need someone else to engage for her. As of the MYMU, her Summon: Tibbers and Incinerate has been given a 0.25s delay compared to before that it's instant. {{champion:34}} 's stun is actually a skillshot. She needs item to do well too. ANd most Annivia's opt to power farm til she gets her powerspikes. These items are there for a reason and really helps you for them to not snowball like crazy {{item:3001}} {{item:3194}} {{item:3155}} {{item:3111}} {{item:3140}}
: Enchanters are not the problem, ADCs themselves are
I do agree on how strong crit items are and needs to be looked at especially the {{item:3087}} {{item:3094}} combo paired with Warlord's Bloodlust and cheaper itemization , I think the root cause of why hyper carries are strong is because of tanks. Hyper carries are the only one who could actually deal with them with their constant dps. And what's good with hyper carries? Protective comps. This is how the ardent abusers and tanks come more into play, their main role is to protect the ad carry. With how centralising tanks are, team comps are mostly formed on how to protect the adc. Tanks also surprisingly deal a lot of damage whilst having a gamut of crowd control, utility, and defense. {{champion:3}} is an example of this. He's the tank that is played mid because of his strong wave clear (also deals %health damage) while having a ton of utility and crowd control, aoe taunt, aoe damage reduction with an aoe knockup with damage and mobility. {{champion:31}} is another one but I think I don't need to explain why. And ofcourse, {{champion:57}} is the same as Galio but more tanky. The introduction of the new {{item:1054}} and the nerf to lane bullies {{champion:51}} (was gutted but is now decent again) {{champion:202}} (fell out of favor due to him having a bad time with tanks) {{champion:143}} (nerfed and new Dshield made her damage weaker) {{champion:43}}(nerfed and outclassed as an enchanter because of her more aggressive approach) gave more ways to let hyper carries to easily farm their items. I also agree on how strong life steal is. But right now, I think it's fine. A buff to grievous wounds would sound a better alternative. Grievous wound is a joke when the AD already has a life steal item. A recommendation would be let grievous wounds scale based on champion's level, make it weaker early then stronger late game. As of now it has a 40% healing reduction. I think this should scale. Maybe starting from 20% upto 60% healing reduction (not sure on the numbers but you get my point).
: > I'm comparing him to other AP mid laners. And you think that azir is superior to most other mage midlaners? > He can burst while having insane dps? Most mages have some decree of dps and burst. Ryze cass the only other 2 ap hyper carries have both of them burst and dps. > His mobility has a 1k-range dash and can shield him He needs it more or less. For both daily use and to do the risky plays that riot wants him to be able to do. > A hyperscaling champion that is all good at the stages of the game He isnt good at all stages of the game. At the early he feels shitty. He can more or less aa only once before they go away from soldier's range. His q and w have both high cd despite being core skills. He needs to reach at least mid game for those 2 skills to start being usable when you need them, and even then your dmg is still low. And i hope you dont complain about his late game. That is his prime. > and could fill in almost all, if not all, comps because of his insane versatility Im afraid this is more of a problem of the generalist class. Besides he isnt that much of versatile. His peel is meh nowadays since he cant stop dashes. And his poke is best used against melee opponents.
"And you think that azir is superior to most other mage midlaners?" - Design wise, yes. See OP for reasoning. "Most mages have some decree of dps and burst. Ryze cass the only other 2 ap hyper carries have both of them burst and dps." - Yes. But they have more limitations unlike Azir who has almost all. Ryze has a smaller range, needs Tear, no mobility(only has a movement speed buff and a channeled teleport). Cass also needs Tear, has no mobility cept for her extra movementspeed bonus. "He needs it more or less. For both daily use and to do the risky plays that riot wants him to be able to do. " - Let's say Annie's also going to need some shields because her Flash+ R combo is also risky because it needs to get into the 600 range? Or maybe Zed and Le Blanc cause they dive to the enemy team? "He isnt good at all stages of the game. At the early he feels shitty. He can more or less aa only once before they go away from soldier's range. His q and w have both high cd despite being core skills. He needs to reach at least mid game for those 2 skills to start being usable when you need them, and even then your dmg is still low. And i hope you dont complain about his late game. That is his prime. " - Azir mains actually said that his late game was worse but was compensated by a better early-mid game powerspike. He's good at all stages now especially most rush Morello's as his first item now. "Im afraid this is more of a problem of the generalist class. Besides he isnt that much of versatile. His peel is meh nowadays since he cant stop dashes. And his poke is best used against melee opponents." - That's my whole point, he's too much of everything there's little to no reason why to not pick him up when he's meta.
: > oppressive laning phase Only if you are melee. > wave clear As most mages. > burst As most mages. > poke As most mages. > dps His role is to be an ability power carry so you have to expect to have dps. > zoning ability As most champs. > game changing ult As most champs. > mobility True but its predictable and it has long cd. > good roaming potential Excuse me? He doesnt have something like taliyah passive so his roams are more or less the same as others champions that lack out of combat movement speed. Or dashes. Or teleports. > shield Which last for 1.5 second and exists only to e in the enemy. Orianna can shield anyone and give resistances though for less shield. Lux can potentially shield her whole team. The same applies to karma, if you count her as a mage. Shields as mage is not something weird. > good at all stages of the game Well yea not really. > hyperscaling AP carry Well as a general rule of thumb carries hyperscale to late. They are called carries because late game they are literally monstrosities.
> [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fNt6QXTo,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-10-06T11:01:28.339+0000) > > Only if you are melee. > > As most mages. > > As most mages. > > As most mages. > > His role is to be an ability power carry so you have to expect to have dps. > > As most champs. > > As most champs. > > True but its predictable and it has long cd. > > Excuse me? He doesnt have something like taliyah passive so his roams are more or less the same as others champions that lack out of combat movement speed. Or dashes. Or teleports. > > Which last for 1.5 second and exists only to e in the enemy. Orianna can shield anyone and give resistances though for less shield. Lux can potentially shield her whole team. The same applies to karma, if you count her as a mage. Shields as mage is not something weird. > > Well yea not really. > > Well as a general rule of thumb carries hyperscale to late. They are called carries because late game they are literally monstrosities. I'm comparing him to other AP mid laners. He can burst while having insane dps? Isn't that too much? His mobility has a 1k-range dash and can shield him, yay for more survivability. A hyperscaling champion that is all good at the stages of the game and could fill in almost all, if not all, comps because of his insane versatility. I think you should read what you have just said and see if Azir isn't really too good.
: his win rate in plat and above is currently 52% he has a lot he can do in his kit but it seems like it does not matter for the higher elo of players compared to someone like karthus who has a 54% win rate in the mid lane who has very little his kit can do even the experienced players at azir dont even make it into the top ten spot for mid we need to give it some time and if he rises to the top ten position i will agree with you but as of right now there is nothing wrong with azir heres the source of win rates http://na.op.gg/champion/statistics
> [{quoted}](name=hammer3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fNt6QXTo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-06T00:37:08.400+0000) > > his win rate in plat and above is currently 52% he has a lot he can do in his kit but it seems like it does not matter for the higher elo of players compared to someone like karthus who has a 54% win rate in the mid lane who has very little his kit can do even the experienced players at azir dont even make it into the top ten spot for mid we need to give it some time and if he rises to the top ten position i will agree with you but as of right now there is nothing wrong with azir > > heres the source of win rates http://na.op.gg/champion/statistics he is already getting nerfs in the next patch though and Riot themselves has said that he was overtuned.
Rioter Comments
HeresyHorus (EUNE)
: U wouldn't hear complaints about Mage items, even when they lack in diversity, if they were as effective as {{item:3031}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3094}} rush. Almost 99% of ADC players rush the same build every game, do u hear them complain about diversity ? ... Of course No, cuz it is damn effective. I usually rush {{item:3031}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3812}} on every ADC. Do i complain about diversity ? ... No
> [{quoted}](name=HeresyHorus,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zdaeWKGu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-03T09:27:03.174+0000) > > U wouldn't hear complaints about Mage items, even when they lack in diversity, if they were as effective as {{item:3031}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3094}} rush. > > Almost 99% of ADC players rush the same build every game, do u hear them complain about diversity ? ... > > Of course No, cuz it is damn effective. > > I usually rush {{item:3031}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3812}} on every ADC. > > Do i complain about diversity ? ... No You do know that almost all of the items you listed were recently buffed while almost all AP items were gutted ({{item:3116}} , {{item:3089}}), expensive ({{item:3285}}, {{item:3089}},), too niche ({{item:3115}}), became more defensive({{item:3157}}, {{item:3102}}) and loss of Abyssal Scepter. Leaving {{item:3165}} (too centralising and needs a nerf), {{item:3151}} , and {{item:3135}} the decent items left for mages to get.
: Janna bae
get ready for some on-hit AD Janna players in norms bc of her passive, buffed auto-attack range and attack missile speed. Kappa
: AP item buff idea - Rod of Ages
Catalyst already gives you enough sustain in lane as its passive gives back both mana and HP. RoA is already a fine item on its own, the problem with the item is, it needs to stack for it to be really good. With the meta making Mages becoming more utility-focused, rushing other items are far more efficient than RoA. The item is still good though especially against bursty champions like Zed, Le Blanc, and Talon to name a few.
DSØ (NA)
: Who is a true counter to annie?
Annie main here. Champions that outrange Annie are what counters her as they can easily poke her back to lane, or poke her to death. {{champion:134}} {{champion:101}} - These two champions are the bane of any Annie mains. They have the range to poke her out of lane or even kill her so she gets behind easily. {{champion:61}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:161}} - These champions are also good champions against Annie but are more manageable than those two above. Cass is very annoying due to her Miasma and destroys Annie's only mobility ({{summoner:4}} ) Azir is very hard but he was nerfed to the point of being very weak. Orianna's one of the safest mid laner so it's really hard to kill her with her range and shield. Taliyah is very strong in the early game with a very deadly level 3 spike. {{champion:38}} - Kassadin screws Annie post 6. Because he is a really anti-mage and can survive Annie's burst bc of his kit and the items that he builds. And also, play defensive, stacking some defensive items is very useful against her. {{item:3155}} {{item:3001}} {{item:3194}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3111}} {{item:3091}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3102}} {{item:3139}} Annie is also flash reliant. That's her only RELIABLE engage/escape tool. Protobelt is also nice but it's a bit more clunky. If Annie burns her flash, abuse those time because she would need her teammates' help to engage for her.
: Annie's W needs the chogath treatment
As of 6.9 it has a 0.25s animation (and Tibbers) already. The ability's fine on its own and good Annie players W+ flash if they want instant stuns anyway.
Shaydrox (EUW)
: TF is a champion who isn't about power on his own. Because of that he can feel lackluster, but when played properly he can be extremely strong due to his map presence. It's frustrating to feel so powerless in lane, but his strength comes in enough other ways to compensate. I have no troubles when playing him, and considering his high winrate (53% with >10% playrate is high) I would not want to see any significant buffs. And yes, I agree his passive is rather poor and he doesn't feel too strong in lane. But he remains a solid pick, and buffing him suddenly could really upset the balance in soloQ, which makes it a bad idea.
That's the problem of him wanting to buff his laning phase. If TF does get a buff in his laning phase, his roaming potential needs to be toned down. While I agree his passive is not good, but it's very compensated by his very strong roaming potential. A good roam at bot, and getting your bot lane ahead is actually the meta right now. He is actually considered as S Tier by popular/high elo players like DoPA, Arcsecond and LS as of right now. Suggestion: Buff his AP Ratios and lower his ult range.
Show more

rhintheminstrel

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion