: > [{quoted}](name=yrknaqren,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=000400000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T15:38:17.141+0000) > > Well, you can call it that. You can also say spring is long overdue, but winter will still come before it. If we were sitting in public, everyone would laugh you out the room... What kind of comparison is that? Def should of thought that one through.
> [{quoted}](name=Caretaker Jack,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T15:44:33.119+0000) > What kind of comparison is that? A fitting one. You can either accept that it is normal that champions don't get skins for 3 years or more or say they are long overdue. You don't decide how big the interval without new skins is, just like you don't decide what season it is.
: > [{quoted}](name=yrknaqren,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-31T15:03:35.453+0000) > > There are lots of champs in a similar or worse position. > Velkoz, Volibear, Xerath, Zilean, Taric, Skarner, Reksai, Nautilus, Morgana, Maokai, Kindred, Azir... you get the point. There's a lot. So I wouldn't exactly call it long overdue. 3 years is long overdue period. Just because someone else has it worse doesn't make it okay.
> [{quoted}](name=Caretaker Jack,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T15:12:56.305+0000) > > 3 years is long overdue period. Just because someone else has it worse doesn't make it okay. Well, you can call it that. You can also say spring is long overdue, but winter will still come before it.
Stylîte (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=yrknaqren,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-10-31T02:20:37.361+0000) > > Huh? Bard is pretty new and has nice skins. Cass has some good ones too (although Siren was much better before they remade it.. it's pretty bad now, only the splash is still good) and eternum was even made fairly recently. What are you talking about? Bard was released in 2015... and the last skin that came out for him was in 2016... Cass received her Eternum skin in 2 years ago in 2017. I think you have your timeline confused.
> [{quoted}](name=Stylîte,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=000400000002,timestamp=2019-10-31T03:40:34.395+0000) > Cass received her Eternum skin in 2 years ago in 2017. > > I think you have your timeline confused. Half the champion roster had their last skin released 2017? Just saying there are champions that are far worse off than those two. I would also say the quality of existing skins should be considered, that was the main point OP was talking about. And as I said Bard and Cass have pretty good ones. Unlike some other champions mentioned in this thread.
: > [{quoted}](name=yrknaqren,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-10-31T02:20:37.361+0000) > > Huh? Bard is pretty new and has nice skins. Cass has some good ones too (although Siren was much better before they remade it.. it's pretty bad now, only the splash is still good) and eternum was even made fairly recently. Bard was released in 2015... And his last skin was 2016. He's long overdue.
> [{quoted}](name=Caretaker Jack,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-10-31T02:57:01.228+0000) > > Bard was released in 2015... And his last skin was 2016. He's long overdue. There are lots of champs in a similar or worse position. Velkoz, Volibear, Xerath, Zilean, Taric, Skarner, Reksai, Nautilus, Morgana, Maokai, Kindred, Azir... you get the point. There's a lot. So I wouldn't exactly call it long overdue.
Stylîte (NA)
: *Cries in {{champion:69}} {{champion:432}}*
> [{quoted}](name=Stylîte,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zOOcTZnE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-30T16:09:56.734+0000) > > *Cries in {{champion:69}} {{champion:432}}* Huh? Bard is pretty new and has nice skins. Cass has some good ones too (although Siren was much better before they remade it.. it's pretty bad now, only the splash is still good) and eternum was even made fairly recently.
: [CLIENT] Typo on TFT Mission
Same for me. That's like a really obvious and easily fixable thing that should not even happen outside of pbe...
: Can I brag about something this game does well?
So we have to look to vods now to find something good about League? Ouch. It's not even something to brag about, because it's pretty standard feature by now, like most netflixy things have a "skip intro" for most of their series.
: Guys I WAS KIDDING when I made the trashy over-simplified logo
Thing is your logo looks better than the current one, because at least it actually is clean. They tried to make it clean, but added weird.. whatever they are.. those weird border like things at the bottom of G, U and S that stop and random points going up the letter. I think that's supposed to give it more depth? Anyways, it's good they aren't really visible unless you look at a big image.
: what champions are the best at cuddling?
{{champion:69}} "Keep your enemies close - and me closer" Also she is named "serpent's embrace" so...
: Can we have 25 prestige points as an option in the Trials Tokens shop?
I'm pretty sure their plan with this is to make people buy the next passes too. Just hope that their value over all doesn't reduce, because they think you will buy it anyways to get the other 25 chunks xD
: Some people might hate how he's all "angry rage bwarg" but I honestly love all the jokes and directed taunts that he now has. Like the taunts towards Varus, which probably made light of a community idea where all Darkin had the "double a" naming convention and tried to put it to Varus as well. Also, all of his interactions towards mastery. Enough said.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosThief,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sbsINLVE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-13T23:32:47.694+0000) > > Some people might hate how he's all "angry rage bwarg" but I honestly love all the jokes Me too. The whole interaction video I was laughing and was actually pretty convinced it was an elaborate fake by some funny guy. Then I found out it's actually the official thing and laughed even more. They reworked him into a clown. The only bad thing about that is, that those jokes will probably get old rather quick. And that he's probably not supposed to be a clown. Although it _would_ explain his lipstick..
: > [{quoted}](name=yrknaqren,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMLBF8Lm,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-06-04T22:52:38.798+0000) > > There is no discusSION. Sion has a weird little Arianna Grande ponytail I think
> [{quoted}](name=Tuition Fee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMLBF8Lm,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-06-04T23:09:58.928+0000) > > Sion has a weird little Arianna Grande ponytail I think Uh.. yes a very tiny space with long hair*, but he's mostly bald. Swain has more hair in that picture up there. *maybe, most of it seems to be some red cloth though
: Someone at Riot has a fetish with old, bald men that wear masks
: Cursed Capsule gemstone drop rate
> [{quoted}](name=Girl with balls,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EE5ekjNb,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-30T12:56:16.670+0000) > The new Cursed Capsules apparently multiply your gemstone drop rate by 1.5. Did I miss something? I saw no mention of _your_ droprate. Just that drop rates are multiplied by 1.5 and it said that in the description of the capsule, so my interpretation is that it is increased just for one single capsule. I doubt there is any permanent increase for drop rates here, or people would probably go crazy about it.
The Hunger (EUNE)
: Pyke's Teaser Image in EXTREME QUALITY?
I did not test it myself, but they claim that this image is downloadable with a separate program called League Displays. It says so here at the very bottom, if you select the right icon: https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/champion-reveal-pyke-bloodharbor-ripper EXTREMEly useful right? If you do try it, let me know what it's like. (i.e. if it's just one of those crappy programs that spam you with ads and clog up the pc or it's actually useful)
Catalin10GG (EUNE)
: Pyke’s mask
The "Visual clarity" argument that people mentioned doesn't apply here. Nobody needs to see individual teeth from a distance and nobody wants to. And even with this new weird design I can't see any teeth from far away, it's just mostly white.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=yrknaqren,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bwVeM6Ew,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2017-09-08T00:16:48.004+0000) > > I don't know why this is so hard to understand for you. They attract more players that then pay them by removing stuff older players already paid for. Yet they act like they are only doing this for us. If you still don't understand, please ask more specifically. But...they aren't removing anything. They are just making what was a horrible system, that quite literally everyone agreed was a horrible system...free. How is that greedy? You can argue that you feel personally hurt by the change, but I'm not sure how removing something people specifically asked to be removed is greedy. Yeah, it attracts new players without hurting the old (respectively), that is just business. > About "removing": They are removing the current runes and making other new ones free. Anyways that does not hurt my point. Yeah, and I'm not sure how that is greed nor have you explained how it is. I guess you could say it is greed for not giving full refunds, but how is removing the system itself greedy. > Also I agree with you that complaining about having nothing left to buy for IP/BE is silly. (unless for some reason parts of gameplay become locked behind other currencies, which probably will not happen any time soon) Which is going to happen...again with the actual vets.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bwVeM6Ew,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-08T00:31:51.047+0000) > > Yeah, and I'm not sure how that is greed nor have you explained how it is. I guess you could say it is greed for not giving full refunds, but how is removing the system itself greedy. I thought that goes without saying. The whole reason anyone is bothered by all of this, is that they do not give full refunds. Yes, they remove a horrible system, but they don't do that because players complained. They have been complaining for _years_. What changed now is that too much other games exist that have a more appealing economy. Also please don't insist they do not remove anything, they _are_, and that isn't in itself bad, because they remove something bad, but they do remove it. And yes, people will complain about having nothing left to buy with IP/BE, but I don't think Riot's new system will change lots about that. Even with the new shop, some will complain they don't want any of those things.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=yrknaqren,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bwVeM6Ew,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-09-07T11:16:24.247+0000) > There are numerous ways. The one that you mentioned is one of them. More directly, you could buy champion shards to disenchant into blue essence. Yes, most of those make you a whale, but guess what, Riot's whole business is built upon some people being whales. They calculate with that. It happens with rare hextech skins, and will most likely happen here too. Maybe not as much, but that's only because there is limited time to do it and not everyone knows about it. Then don't buy, why do people buy loot crates, they are inclined to be bad, it is gambling, stop buying loot crates. > How does Riot's investment of removing runes pay off? As I already said, new players means more money for Riot. Removing runes makes it more likely for new players to come. They aren't removing runes, they are making runes free. Even vets were saying this was a bad system to have and said veterans are happy that it is leaving, I don't see how creating a system that is good for everyone is Riot being greedy. Explain that one to me please.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bwVeM6Ew,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2017-09-07T16:00:38.501+0000) > > They aren't removing runes, they are making runes free. Even vets were saying this was a bad system to have and said veterans are happy that it is leaving, I don't see how creating a system that is good for everyone is Riot being greedy. Explain that one to me please. I don't know why this is so hard to understand for you. They attract more players that then pay them by removing stuff older players already paid for. Yet they act like they are only doing this for us. If you still don't understand, please ask more specifically. About "removing": They are removing the current runes and making other new ones free. Anyways that does not hurt my point. About your argument about not buying loot crates: I don't buy them. I said some would. Also I agree with you that complaining about having nothing left to buy for IP/BE is silly. (unless for some reason parts of gameplay become locked behind other currencies, which probably will not happen any time soon)
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=yrknaqren,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bwVeM6Ew,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-09-07T03:02:18.303+0000) > > Let's talk about rune refunds. Again. Most people are either not happy or indifferent and Riot is trying to act like they are the nice guys. I am quite annoyed that Riot is _successfully _ trying to fool us into believing they take losses on this just to please us and they couldn't _possibly_ give us more than what they are and that they are oh so nice for doing this. When did they ever say they are taking a loss for doing this? > With the current rune system new Players that want to start playing have to invest tons of time until they are allowed to play "properly". This deters these players (potentially new paying customers!) from playing League. I mean yeah...that is just common sense? It was a horrible sludge of a grind that every, even the veterans pissed about not getting a full refund agreed was shit. Why would they want to keep it in when it was universally panned? >Even worse, it may make them get a similar game without this kind of entry barrier and spend their time (and money) there. What other free to play game has a better system then this? In theory DoTA 2, but that game's own difficult stops it from being accessible to a more casual market. >Needless to say, this is something Riot does not want to happen. Making runes free is an investment by Riot. One that will pay off. How? > Of course, Riot also does not want to lose the players that paid for runes, so they refund a little. That makes it fair, right? And there is even a special shop! Now guess what happens with a shop that has highly limited items hardly any player can afford "for free" after these tiny refunds? Money for Riot! Yay! Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the BE shop being accessible only with BE...which you can't buy (directly, could buy chest out the ass, but that is just dumb and makes you a whale.), the BE shop is for the veterans who whined they had nothing to spend IP on, now they do, I don't really see the problem here. > **TLDR: Free runes gains Riot customers and the special shop will net them money too despite the refunds, so they shouldn't act like they are the poor company that takes losses for us players.** How? How does the shop that lets you buy things with free to play currency net them money? You spend nothing but time getting IP or soon to be BE, and when have they ever acted like they were poor or desperate for players to stay? I feel like you just don't like Riot, which is fair, but at least put up a good argument without explaining anything...at all.
Most of your question were already answered more or less reasonably by another guy, so I will try to keep this short. > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bwVeM6Ew,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-07T03:15:53.693+0000) > Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the BE shop being accessible only with BE...which you can't buy (directly, could buy chest out the ass, but that is just dumb and makes you a whale.), the BE shop is for the veterans who whined they had nothing to spend IP on, now they do, I don't really see the problem here. There are numerous ways. The one that you mentioned is one of them. More directly, you could buy champion shards to disenchant into blue essence. Yes, most of those make you a whale, but guess what, Riot's whole business is built upon some people being whales. They calculate with that. It happens with rare hextech skins, and will most likely happen here too. Maybe not as much, but that's only because there is limited time to do it and not everyone knows about it. You also asked about other free to play games with a better system: Yes I would count Dota2 and not just in theory. Difficulty is a different kind of entry barrier. You know how some people in low leagues are convinved they are just stuck there, because their teams are bad? They think they are good at the game. Convincing yourself that you are a good player is a lot easier than convincing yourself that you do not need runes. Other examples include Smite and Heroes of the Storm (this one is actually quite similar to what Runes Reforged will look like). How does Riot's investment of removing runes pay off? As I already said, new players means more money for Riot. Removing runes makes it more likely for new players to come.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Nymeara,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qt39tpEE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-05-06T20:51:26.321+0000) > > Just pay attention to your move speed buff are you fast with a trail behind you you poisoned them > > And missing your poison isn't even punishing anymore your first e will tell you if you missed and it's time to back off or not I understand all that, but if i poison multiple targets, my move speed buff will not tell me which one. And using E on a non poison target waste mana. Against Zed in lane, you can't afford to waste mana.
If youre laning against a Zed and are close enough to poison on _multiple _champions you better gtfo or you will likely get murdered by them, no?^^

yrknaqren

Level 220 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion