CLG ear (NA)
: If you were going out on a date with Kai'Sa, where would you go and what would you talk about?
Ask the skins team, seems like they've already had a few dates with her *cough* **4 (5 counting prestige) skins in under 2 years** *cough*
: Anyone noticed the 'nErF yAsUo' threads have been non existent lately
Probably because he's 47% winrate and one of his basic abilities doesn't work
: What's your favorite champion artistically/design-wise?
{{champion:80}} I don't care about lore at all, but Panth was the only champ I ever played for his theme.
Sadixs (EUW)
: Level 30 (and not smurfing)
As others have said the best thing you can really do is play ranked. Your first few games it'll probably put you in like silver-gold tier where you'll get crushed (don't get discouraged, it'll probably happen) and then later into your placements you'll start to feel closer to your skill level. Even if it's a super bad rank you'll more likely be with players of your skill level and then you can learn from there.
: Who are your top 2 champs per position? Please comment
Top: {{champion:92}} {{champion:41}} Jg: {{champion:120}} {{champion:77}} Mid: {{champion:157}} {{champion:55}} Bot: {{champion:81}} {{champion:15}} Supp: {{champion:12}} {{champion:412}}
rujitra (NA)
: Phrases Used Too Much
Regardless of where I'm talking I say "I don't know" or "idk" a lot after things I say that I'm 100% confident about I also just say "bro wtf" or "i dont understand" a lot when I'm pissed (especially after dying in cs/lol)
: Can I please delete the preset rune pages?
100% agree, last night I was playing an ARAM game where I was making my Lee Sin page up until the last 10 seconds or so because I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted. I saved my page and closed it out, then went to change my summs and didn't notice it had switched to the default Inspiration page. So instead of the Conqueror bruiser build I wanted to do, I got stuck with the least damaging page I've ever seen, and my runes were borderline useless all game.
: I'm Disappointed Over the New Battle Boss Skins
Yeah I don't think really anyone is happy with this. I understand Qiyana getting one because she needs a release skin and Arcade was coming up, but they could've tried harder with her. Also most Yasuo Mains (including myself) have basically said that we don't want this skin because it's pretty bad, and we'd rather someone like Xerath get it.
: believe it or not, that is in fact the bug (that we more or less have been begging riot to keep) his windwall materializes in the center of yasuo's hitbox, but technically its supposed to block projectiles the literal second its cast because if this. its always been this way, and this bug surfaced around 3 patches ago. the bug is that it wont block anything until it fully materializes this is the one mistake in riots code that we wanted them to keep.
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEBIrE8t,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T20:46:15.494+0000) > the bug is that it wont block anything until it fully materializes Not true, the bug is that it's just a 50/50 on whether the ability decides to work or not. I've seen abilities go directly through fully formed walls and I've seen WW still catch abilities when Yas casts last moment. In its current state there's no consistency and it just results in praying to RNGesus to save you from a death that should be avoided everytime. If Riot intentionally changes the code to make it only block abilities when fully formed, and it made it 100% consistent it would be less annoying, but I think WW would need to travel a shorter distance or travel faster to compensate. If it had to be fully formed with its current travel time then it would be absolutely useless in laning phase and mediocre at best in teamfights.
MLG Katt (NA)
: Am I the only Yasuo player that want's him nerfed?
Nah because he's in a good spot right now and they don't need to mess with the balance anymore. Nerfing Yas does virtually nothing to lower his banrate because people just hate the champ, and nerfing him would just make the games that you do get him worse.
Rioter Comments
: tbh i dont even find a need for rune pages because depends on what your vsing you need to adjust accordingly. for example, sometimes I want tenacity on vi, or I'd want the life steal or attack speed. Tenacity only if there is annoying CC such as fiddle fear/taric stun and the like. Mini stuns/knock ups its useless. Other times maybe you want conditioning for armor/mr scaling for mid-late game instead of the 30-60 dmg for 1.5 seconds after 1st hit. The 30-60 damage is only useful against quick burst champions like Rengar/Elise.
> [{quoted}](name=XJ99999999999999,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XVTk8qiE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-05T01:38:43.685+0000) > > tbh i dont even find a need for rune pages because depends on what your vsing you need to adjust accordingly. > > for example, sometimes I want tenacity on vi, or I'd want the life steal or attack speed. Tenacity only if there is annoying CC such as fiddle fear/taric stun and the like. Mini stuns/knock ups its useless. > > Other times maybe you want conditioning for armor/mr scaling for mid-late game instead of the 30-60 dmg for 1.5 seconds after 1st hit. The 30-60 damage is only useful against quick burst champions like Rengar/Elise. Ye I get that. I've been playing for a while now on 2 pages and only recently got a 3rd. I generally keep my first page for Yasuo (because he only really has one good page anyway and he was my main for quite a while) 2nd for Talon & Zed (because they're so similar I only have to change a few runes every game) and a 3rd called Changeup that I use for basically everyone else and change during champ select every game. It would just be really convenient to have the most common runes for each of my mains ready and to only have to make a few changes rather than redo my entire page during champ select. Also would lead to less moments where I realize I haven't changed my runes so I have to race against the clock to make sure I finish and save my page with at least 5s to spare or else the client might just bug out and not change them.
Rioter Comments
: Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but there was a post about a week ago where projectiles go through yasuo's windwall, but only if the deploy animation isn't finished.
> [{quoted}](name=nooperton,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=p5NsI3Y6,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-30T14:50:39.264+0000) > > Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but there was a post about a week ago where projectiles go through yasuo's windwall, but only if the deploy animation isn't finished. Actually it doesn't matter if the deploy animation is finished or not, I've had multiple abilities go straight through a fully formed windwall and I've seen the same thing happen to streamers. Just last night I was playing Zed into Yas and he was under tower recalling, I sent WQ to reach him and he windwalled it in time but still just went straight through and killed him. Actually made me feel bad cause it's pretty bullshit that this ability is such a 50/50 on whether it'll work or not right now.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Çaged,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k1V9U0ow,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-04-17T16:07:52.087+0000) > > Anything's a Yasuo complaint thread if you try hard enough. Big hair man bad
> [{quoted}](name=BobMcBobington,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k1V9U0ow,comment-id=000300010002,timestamp=2019-04-18T12:36:00.129+0000) > > Big hair man bad Katana Man Bad >:(
: Why do Teemo shrooms get swallowed by windwall?
> [{quoted}](name=Salty Mc Feed,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k1V9U0ow,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-17T11:48:05.371+0000) > > Why do Teemo shrooms get swallowed by windwall? Anything's a Yasuo complaint thread if you try hard enough.
: Can practice mode allow usage of all champions?
Riot wants people to blindly buy champions with RP. If you really wanna test a champ go to PBE.
: That's a fantastic idea. I'll just build {{item:3191}} next time so that {{champion:238}} has to do like one whole extra auto attack to kill me. That will definitely make him useless alright. Thanks for the great advice guys.
> [{quoted}](name=booNflesruoYnaB,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mg00RHEE,comment-id=000800010000,timestamp=2019-04-07T16:21:11.774+0000) > > That's a fantastic idea. I'll just build {{item:3191}} next time so that {{champion:238}} has to do like one whole extra auto attack to kill me. That will definitely make him useless alright. Thanks for the great advice guys. Zhonyas is the biggest counter to Zed in the game. It has a good build path, you don't really miss out on all that much damage, you fully negate the lethality of his first 2 items (Dusk and Ghostblade) and a little extra, and you can completely erase his R if you use it at the right time (which there's about 3 separate times you can do it and get basically the same effect). Throw some CDR on there so you can poke him/cc him more cause why not. If you're not willing to build Zhonya's against him you're not gonna beat him unless you dodge every Q.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I never said that the one skillshot killed him, I'm just saying that because of **ONE SKILLSHOT WITH AN EXTREMELY SHORT COOLDOWN AND NO PUNISHMENT FOR MISSING IT** he died with no chance at fighting back, especially under tower, being at full HP. So now imagine if you hadn't landed the 1st Q. He'd have survived but for how long? just to have to dodge another tornado that is coming in the next 3 seconds with the same outcome? And the only real counterplay to that is "Oh if he had Zhonyas or stopwatch", both of them long cooldowns, then your logic is flawed, also of course you'd be ahead in CS, **YOU'RE YASUO! YOU ZONE EVERY MAGE IN THE GAME FROM CS (except {{champion:127}} because let's be honest, that champ is another level of broken) WHILE FARMING YOURSELF WITH THE ONLY REAL CHANCE AT FIGHTING BACK BY THE MAGE BEING GETTING A GANK FROM THE JUNGLER!** You can argue all you want, but you can't deny that the fact that Yasuo doesn't get punished at all for missing his "skillshot" since it's up every 2 seconds due to his AS lowering the CD so much, it's unbelievable.
> [{quoted}](name=Sebastit7d,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=000200040000,timestamp=2019-03-22T03:13:26.425+0000) > > I never said that the one skillshot killed him, I'm just saying that because of **ONE SKILLSHOT WITH AN EXTREMELY SHORT COOLDOWN AND NO PUNISHMENT FOR MISSING IT** he died with no chance at fighting back, especially under tower, being at full HP. So now imagine if you hadn't landed the 1st Q. He'd have survived but for how long? just to have to dodge another tornado that is coming in the next 3 seconds with the same outcome? And the only real counterplay to that is "Oh if he had Zhonyas or stopwatch", both of them long cooldowns, then your logic is flawed, also of course you'd be ahead in CS, **YOU'RE YASUO! YOU ZONE EVERY MAGE IN THE GAME FROM CS (except {{champion:127}} because let's be honest, that champ is another level of broken) WHILE FARMING YOURSELF WITH THE ONLY REAL CHANCE AT FIGHTING BACK BY THE MAGE BEING GETTING A GANK FROM THE JUNGLER!** You can argue all you want, but you can't deny that the fact that Yasuo doesn't get punished at all for missing his "skillshot" since it's up every 2 seconds due to his AS lowering the CD so much, it's unbelievable. I agree it's annoying to die due to one skillshot, but just look at the amount of champions who can do that, especially with the amount of gold I had. {{champion:53}} (Assuming a teammate with decent damage is behind him) {{champion:103}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:142}} And yes I understand that all of those champions use mana, but a lot of them end up with big enough mana pools (as a lot of those champs with that amount of gold would probably have {{item:3285}} )Only real counter to most of these is QSS or Hexdrinker. Also most of those spells are about 6s CDs (excluding Fizz ult) with the 20% CDR from {{item:3285}} Also Yasuo doesn't zone every mage in the game if you know how to abuse him. {{champion:1}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:131}} (post 6 for Diana) {{champion:99}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:142}} are all champions that can abuse him pretty hard. Most of their spells used in trades/all-ins are up twice as much as windwall. Also many of them can fairly safely auto him everytime he goes for cs. Getting tornado up in 2-3s is at the cost of shoving your wave straight under the enemy's tower (the freest gank of any jungler's life).
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hteressiub,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-03-20T04:28:05.565+0000) > > Also take into account he was 3/0, up a level, had all sums, stattik fully charged vs the karthus who was down 45 cs with and had built two lost chapters lol. Yeah he's definitely not gonna kill him. Since you looked close enough to find out that Karthus was down in CS and was 1 level lower, I'm assuming there is an agenda at play when you specifically mentioned that Yasuo has 3 kills but fails to mention that Karthus had the same amount of kills too? Sure, Karthus was behind by a bit given the cs count, but you intentionally framed it so that Karthus sounds more behind than he actually was. You also failed to mention he had 1200+ HP, about the same as Yasuo's max HP, deleted entirely in a single combo; and by a Yasuo whose only items of worth is a single Stattik Shiv and a Cloak of Agility which if built on literally everyone else would mean their damage output would be unimpressive at best, but not here on Yasuo because on a single completed item plus a base component and 0 AD built, he gets fucking 90% crit chance because borked passive (which is just ludicrous, **) and so even on base AD barely breaking 100 he is doing massive damage because everything he touches crits, including his Q. ~~And then there is the bullshit AS arm pen from his ulti, too, so he might as well be doing critting true damage (and no, if you are gonna go "bu-bu-but Yi", I should have you know that Yi's E active doesn't crit, and it scales with BONUS AD, seemingly concepts completely alien to someone like Yasuo).~~ Ofc anyone gets deleted by that. **And no, the ""crit penalty"" is entirely negligible when your crit chance is literally doubled. It's massive free damage regardless, it's just phrased in a way that it tricks idiots into thinking that there is a kick to it when there is none. It doesn't even have a downtime because it's permanently on ffs; at least like double crit per 4 hits or something wouldn't be so bad but no, it's just there 24/7. Fucking imagine if ALL OF YI'S AA ATTACKS TWICE, because that would be basically the same thing. Yi also has damage penalty on his second AA even after fulfilling the condition to even do a second AA. Hell, Yi's damage penalty for when the double strike does even happen, is harsher than Yasuo's so called """penalty""" too. So why the hell is Yasuo's AA permanently double crit while also sporting a lower damage penalty again?. .... Also, stacking 2 Lost Chapter isn't that bad. Because you still get bonus mana and AP which is good for Karthus. Not to mention Karthus was probably going for Luden's and Archangel's together and was simply making preparation simultaneously. The build wasn't inherently bad; it's suboptimal but it isn't inconceivable. Though it's kind of odd why they didn't have Tear before the second Lost Chapter, though, given that would be just delaying the stack. ............. ............. EDIT: removed the mistakes.
You have so many comments that I'm just gonna reply to shit on this one instead of seeking them out. First I would like to clarify that I laned against Kayle this game. I got ahead off of her because she has 0 laning phase and is easily abused by most champions who know how to apply pressure on her. I was mid because a fight happened in river I believe and it just made sense to come mid as I think my wave had been pushing top anyway. So he didn't not build armor because I don't build AD, it was because his lane was against a magic damage champion. Also the argument that Yasuo doesn't build AD so he didn't build armor makes no sense because Yas's spells are still physical damage excluding E. Also you say multiple times that EQ is undodgable, but that's just wrong. With enough MS you can literally just walk towards Yasuo (this works better the closer Yas is to you when he casts E because it causes him to overshoot), walk away (not near as effective but can work), or dash.
nm1010 (NA)
: Pretty sure this is intentional ~~bad~~ design. What do you weebs call it, a keyblade? He dash q'd the minion before ult'ing to place him behind Karthus for an e-q escape while also getting the extra q damage. Whether intentional or lucky (this thread indicates luck) you cancelled your own tower safety for maximum damage.
> [{quoted}](name=nm1010,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-20T14:11:06.381+0000) > > Pretty sure this is intentional ~~bad~~ design. What do you weebs call it, a keyblade? He dash q'd the minion before ult'ing to place him behind Karthus for an e-q escape while also getting the extra q damage. Whether intentional or lucky (this thread indicates luck) you cancelled your own tower safety for maximum damage. Airblade, and it was on purpose. I've never heard that doing an airblade places you behind the enemy but maybe it does, idk
: good math glad u can see how many times yas attacked, now add up how many of those are on KARTHUS, you get 4 LMFAO. Q > R > AA > Q + Ignite and Static shiv. Now lets do this on a mage, oh wait, no mage with ludens + Blasting wand (which is more expensive than shiv + cloak) will 100-0 a 1260 HP target in 3 spells a AA + ludens and ignite......
> [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=00020001000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-21T02:23:27.445+0000) > > good math glad u can see how many times yas attacked, now add up how many of those are on KARTHUS, you get 4 LMFAO. Q > R > AA > Q + Ignite and Static shiv. > > Now lets do this on a mage, oh wait, no mage with ludens + Blasting wand (which is more expensive than shiv + cloak) will 100-0 a 1260 HP target in 3 spells a AA + ludens and ignite...... Actually the attacks on Karthus were Q, 2nd Q from my airblade, E, Auto (with Stat), and Q + ignite ticking So more like 6 (7 counting Stat)
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Aarron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-20T05:55:26.676+0000) > > And? > Karthus barely hit yasuo with anything, not to mention none of that kill gold went into armor, so Karthus might as well have 0 kills as far as that clip goes > _Your_ agenda is pretty obvious The fight lasted about 3-4 seconds, with about 1-2 seconds of which being Yasuo's fancy R animation in which Karthus couldn't do anything in. Karthus died with only 1-2 seconds of agency, and that is INCLUDING THE TRAVEL TIME OF Q WHERE FIGHT DIDN'T OFFICIALLY BEGIN, and in actuality, Karthus had only 1 single second max to do anything in that fight. And when he could do anything to fend for themselves, he was already at half health with Ignite on top of is head, and against someone who can attack vastly faster than he does (**), and does a ridiculous amount of damage despite only have Statikk Shiv and Cloak of Agility (that is supposed to give mediocre burst if anyone else built that) solely because of broken double crit passive. And how much damage can Karthus, just how many attacks Karthus is even possible to deal? Because he sure as hell landed his E, but it's a DoT and so it's not like it even does damage in a single second, and his Q has a delay of **0.5 second** (that is about and/or more than the whole time he had agency in the fight) and indeed it only went off just instants before Karthus is dead. And it's not like his ulti or W would have helped the situation, and you know it. It's not that "Karthus barely hit yasuo with anything,", he simply had no time to retaliate at all. Karthus played that situation almost perfectly as he humanly can, his Q only missed by a tiny margin which wouldn't have solved anything anyway given Yasuo came off the """dive""" at basically full health. And the miss was entirely understandable because his cursor was busy pointing at 2 completely opposite directions to direct Karthus to escape while also firing spells in the opposite direction. Karthus's play there was just about what is humanly achievable in the time compressed to a point literally counted by moments. ** I mention that Yasuo attacks vastly faster than Karthus does. By how fast? Yasuo could get off 3 COMPLETE attacks on Karthus in that single <1second because his CD is nonexistent to begin with, with no delay whatsoever, and in fact the cast animation DOWNSCALES the time just by building stats that should have fuck all with spells like AS and MS, and ludicrous damage from an item build that wouldn't otherwise give damage. Hell, if you look close enough. Yasuo actually finished the fight with a SECOND tornado ready right after using it to initiate the fight literally a couple seconds ago. You might think, how is that relevant? Well, it is, because it's just ONE of the symptoms of the design clusterfuck that is Yasuo. You see, Yasuo was facerolling SO HARD he actually cast Q again just as Karthus was blown into the air by the tornado HE JUST SHOT OUT, thanks to the fact his Q literally has fuck-all CD, before """cancelling""" it into his ulti, which meant that his Q was already in CD for Q2 and finished before Yasuo finishes his R animation because again the fuck-all CD, and then he finished Karthus with E and Q in the matter of literally milliseconds because of the utterly braindead cast time downscaling mentioned before, and thus walked away with Q3 at his disposal. This meant that Yasuo made a MAJOR FAIL in player input there, but was not only NOT punished in any way, it's actually rewarded (in case Karthus actually survived a little bit more, a Q3 would surely be the death of him even if he manages to survive the Q3 since he sure as hell wouldn't for the attacks that come at him while he's in the air). You'd THINK Yasuo who is SUPPOSED to be gated by his Q casts, would be RESTRICTED on his Q use or at least make it so that spamming like a literal mad man wouldn't be rewarded and instead punished. But no, spamming like a turd just means you get to have your Q3 (the good stuff) quicker apparently, and all of Yasuo """maims""" celebrate another """"""""mechanic"""""""" which in actuality is just MASSIVE design oversights. **JUST IMAGINE if ANYONE ELSE made such level of failure in their inputs, like say if Ryze casts his spells in the wrong order or if Yi accidentally pressed W while chasing thus wasting it, it would surely AT THE VERY LEAST mess up their combo would it not? Not with Yasuo because then that means you're actually rewarded** (and I guess Riven is also this champ where facerolling doesn't matter shit, but then again, it's not like Riven is someone everyone just LOVES to play against). And why do I talk about this again? Because Yasuo's entire kit is full of this unintended nonsense, and this is ON TOP OF THE intentionally designed nonsense, and it's really, REALLY bad. And this is all before we arrive at the fact Yasuo has TRIPLE safety-net from diving with ulti (granted, the 3rd one didn't go off as planned in this clip, but he still had fucking 2). Self-explanatory. It's bad. Karthus only lost that fight because the opposing champ is vastly, and shamelessly, more broken than his is. That's all there is to it. You say that I have a bias, YES I HAVE A BIAS; the same bias that says the a murderer should be charged for murder, a badly designed and broken champion should be charged for being the unsightly way they are. ...... Also yes, apparently Karthus being 1 shot by someone who doesn't even buy AD is his fault for not buying armour, but it's not Yasuo's fault that he does ridiculous damage and with spell designs and scaling all strung in the mindblowingly wrong way that allows him to delete someone from full HP with a fucking Statikk Shiv in the first place. And do you realise a hypercarry like Yasuo, ISN'T supposed to delete 100-0 someone instantly with a single completed item, one that otherwise doesn't even do damage for literally every character outside of Yasuo thanks to his broken ass passive?
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-20T06:42:18.253+0000) > Hell, if you look close enough. Yasuo actually finished the fight with a SECOND tornado ready right after using it to initiate the fight literally a couple seconds ago. You might think, how is that relevant? Well, it is, because it's just ONE of the symptoms of the design clusterfuck that is Yasuo. You see, Yasuo was facerolling SO HARD he actually cast Q again just as Karthus was blown into the air by the tornado HE JUST SHOT OUT, thanks to the fact his Q literally has fuck-all CD, before """cancelling""" it into his ulti, which meant that his Q was already in CD for Q2 and finished before Yasuo finishes his R animation because again the fuck-all CD, and then he finished Karthus with E and Q in the matter of literally milliseconds because of the utterly braindead cast time downscaling mentioned before, and thus walked away with Q3 at his disposal. This meant that Yasuo made a MAJOR FAIL in player input there, but was not only NOT punished in any way, it's actually rewarded (in case Karthus actually survived a little bit more, a Q3 would surely be the death of him even if he manages to survive the Q3 since he sure as hell wouldn't for the attacks that come at him while he's in the air). You'd THINK Yasuo who is SUPPOSED to be gated by his Q casts, would be RESTRICTED on his Q use or at least make it so that spamming like a literal mad man wouldn't be rewarded and instead punished. But no, spamming like a turd just means you get to have your Q3 (the good stuff) quicker apparently, and all of Yasuo Not taking the time to respond to your whole comment, but the 2nd Q was the furthest thing from a failed input. It was actually an airblade. Basically if you land a nado there's a small window where you have enough time to E-QR and do your Q's damage on your R's target. That's where the 2nd Q came from. 3rd Q was just hitting a skillshot and that's how nado was up.
: It's still unnecessary power and removing that would be a great way to nerf him without touching his numbers, which actual Yasuo players should only care about.
> [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-20T03:49:04.518+0000) > > It's still unnecessary power and removing that would be a great way to nerf him without touching his numbers, which actual Yasuo players should only care about. I wouldn't mind if it were removed, I just think it's one of those things people complain about constantly, but it really isn't that big of an issue.
: The fact that in the clip you killed him from full HP because you happened to land 1 ability with an extremely short cooldown makes me sick to watch. especially since you don't even get punished by being under turret.
> [{quoted}](name=Sebastit7d,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-20T03:53:55.017+0000) > > The fact that in the clip you killed him from full HP because you happened to land 1 ability with an extremely short cooldown makes me sick to watch. especially since you don't even get punished by being under turret. I landed a skillshot, airbladed, ignited, auto weaved, dashed out, and landed another Q. But yeah we'll just call it I landed one skillshot. Oh I was also 3/0 with 130 farm at 15 minutes. I was VERY far ahead. Most mages could do the same thing to Karthus if they were that far ahead without even risking going under tower. Just land your 6s CD hard CC and dump the rest of your combo.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Death recap
Yeah this has been annoying me a lot lately. It's frustrating when you wanna find out what did so much damage but instead I see things like 1% of my health being done by my ally Rakan using a Janna ability (I've no shit seen this before)
: -3 ad, back to joke nerfs it is
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WiN6X1s5,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-02-13T15:32:02.708+0000) > > -3 ad, back to joke nerfs it is Yas went from around 45% to 48% win rate when he gained 3 AD and the 20% crit damage that you failed to mention. This is just a revert and will likely drop him about 3% (back to the 48 area hes been sitting at for the last season or so). 3 AD isn't a joke nerf and when you add the crit damage reduction it's even more of a true nerf
Morbys (NA)
: If you honestly think Yasuo is balanced or has been balanced for a long time, your opinion is one of incompetence. He has been oppressive for a very long time and even moreso this season, it shouldn't take them that long to fix a champion that is clearly broken. All these one trick newbs who only play him getting high ranks b/c he's so broken. It takes no skill to play him and you can build straight attack speed and still deal way too much dmg. That makes ZERO sense.
> [{quoted}](name=Morbys,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mMhwEj7r,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-02-12T11:42:04.354+0000) > > If you honestly think Yasuo is balanced or has been balanced for a long time, your opinion is one of incompetence. He has been oppressive for a very long time and even moreso this season, it shouldn't take them that long to fix a champion that is clearly broken. All these one trick newbs who only play him getting high ranks b/c he's so broken. It takes no skill to play him and you can build straight attack speed and still deal way too much dmg. That makes ZERO sense. He's been balanced for at least a full season prior to 9.3. Riot didn't want to preemptively nerf him for this patch without seeing how he would perform but it was confirmed within a day of 9.3's release that he would be receiving nerfs either in a micropatch or 9.4. If he's so easily abusable and 0 skill then why don't you go take him into ranked for a few games and hit plat because he's so broken? Yasuo doesn't build straight attack speed he builds crit which idk if you knew this but I'm gonna let you in on a secret: Crit does a lot of damage.
Gramps69 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Raymønd Åmantius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bBsiovNW,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-02-09T17:38:40.775+0000) > > Abuse him yourself then, or ban him. > There's really not much else you can do unless you learn how to play against him. Pick Malz. Malz doesn't counter yas, are you fucking high? He can kill all your voidlings with a single Q, eliminating your ability to push, as soon as you pop his shield he backs off til it comes up. If it's a smart Yasuo he just gets a Hexdrinker and QSS and you have no way to kill him or deal with him.
> [{quoted}](name=Gramps69,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bBsiovNW,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-09T20:46:41.456+0000) > > Malz doesn't counter yas, are you fucking high? > > He can kill all your voidlings with a single Q, eliminating your ability to push, as soon as you pop his shield he backs off til it comes up. If it's a smart Yasuo he just gets a Hexdrinker and QSS and you have no way to kill him or deal with him. "If he's a smart Yas he just delays his powerspike by 2600 gold and locks himself into 2 mediocre when finished items to deal with 1 champion." Totally
Jenivie (NA)
: omg also love how they still havent hotfixed his odyssey skin, love when im out of his nado range but it still hits because the hitbox on that skin is broken! :D
> [{quoted}](name=Jenivie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mMhwEj7r,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-02-11T17:40:39.785+0000) > > omg also love how they still havent hotfixed his odyssey skin, love when im out of his nado range but it still hits because the hitbox on that skin is broken! :D There's so many bad hitboxes why would you expect them to specifically hotfix that one? Regardless of skin Lux Q + R are both awful, Aniva Q is bad, Jhin W might be one of the worst and his R isn't all that much better, and even on Yas the regular Q hitbox is smaller than what it should be (if the tip is hitting something it generally won't work and the part of the blade closest to Yas sometimes misses) and in general his nado is a bit bigger than it should be on every skin.
: Funny: 8.11 crit nerfs, Yasuo too weak and buffed with a hotfix in less than 24h 9.3 crit buffs, Yasuo too strong, better wait until next patch to nerf him.
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mMhwEj7r,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-09T15:21:17.273+0000) > > Funny: > > 8.11 crit nerfs, Yasuo too weak and buffed with a hotfix in less than 24h > > 9.3 crit buffs, Yasuo too strong, better wait until next patch to nerf him. To be fair in 8.11 his winrate dropped to like 45-6% if i remember correctly. When a champion with one of the highest playrates and biggest playerbases is that weak they know they have to do something or they'll probably lose a lot of players. In 9.3 he's sitting at around 52% which is definitely too much, but I wouldn't say he's so overtly OP that it warrants a hotfix. Also take into consideration that unlike 8.11 where players would've likely quit if Yas was that bad for 2 weeks, a very small number of players would quit due to him being strong, instead he just becomes a permaban to more people.
Rioter Comments
: Her laning will literally be impossible without the heal lol Why didn't they just lower it or simply make it scale per rank in it is beyond me. Imagine only being allowed to lane once you've put more than 3k gold into an item. Big yikes.
"Imagine only being allowed to lane once you've put more than 3k gold into an item." You ever played {{champion:55}}?
Kaisrra (NA)
: The client is absolutely abysmal
Some of this sounds like internet issues, but I agree the client is absolute trash. My favorite is when i swap my runes or summs within the last 5 seconds of champion select and i get the "error saving your runes" or "error swapping summoner spells" so I have to play an entire match as Kleptomancy TP Yasuo because I had considered playing GP.
: Dude, word of advice. Do not say anything negative about mages. You shall be downvoted to hell
> [{quoted}](name=5StackUltOneShot,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Rsti7FcA,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-18T19:48:27.764+0000) > > Dude, word of advice. Do not say anything negative about mages. You shall be downvoted to hell Completely agree on this. Mage items are the strongest in the game which is why in every position there is almost always a mage or multiple in top 10, but mages make up the biggest chunk of the playerbase and Riot loves them so you're not allowed to point anything out about their strength.
: > [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Rsti7FcA,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-01-18T19:57:38.186+0000) > > ability to counter an entire class of champions with no interaction has never been and never will be balanced. Considering his late game is so scary, it's often entirely up to the mid laner to stop him from getting to that point, yet how is that possible when he is so good vs almost the entire mid lane champion pool? Laughs in {{champion:157}} *
> [{quoted}](name=5StackUltOneShot,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Rsti7FcA,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-01-18T21:11:14.416+0000) > > Laughs in {{champion:157}} * Yas is hard countered by Galio and Liss who are both pretty top tier rn
Felvyne (EUW)
: Ready for downvotes, but after watching each clip like 5 times I'm perfectly fine them removing the combo. I can only manage to understand what happens just because you explain the combo, because with all those animation cancel to the player at the other side of the game this just looks as Diana teleported to me and bursted my health in 0,1''. No, that's not fine and it's not fair, not in Diana nor in any champion who isn't absurdly fed (and it doesn't seem she was in that Fizz video, maybe fed, but not that much ahead).
> [{quoted}](name=Felvyne,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FrovfpFZ,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-01-13T23:36:20.661+0000) > > Ready for downvotes, but after watching each clip like 5 times I'm perfectly fine them removing the combo. I can only manage to understand what happens just because you explain the combo, because with all those animation cancel to the player at the other side of the game this just looks as Diana teleported to me and bursted my health in 0,1''. No, that's not fine and it's not fair, not in Diana nor in any champion who isn't absurdly fed (and it doesn't seem she was in that Fizz video, maybe fed, but not that much ahead). She has 500 AP and if I had to take a guess the Fizz probably doesn't have MR and Fizz's base health isn't that high. Almost any mage at 500 AP could kill him just as fast tbh.
: They have it as a unique passive so champs like Draven can't efficiently build 2 of them and one shot everything. Similar to bloodthirster. I agree those are good stats he's missing, but the amount of damage he's getting makes up for it.
> [{quoted}](name=420 grams,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oA7EoIrf,comment-id=000a000e0001,timestamp=2018-12-23T04:39:34.887+0000) > > They have it as a unique passive so champs like Draven can't efficiently build 2 of them and one shot everything. Similar to bloodthirster. > I agree those are good stats he's missing, but the amount of damage he's getting makes up for it. Yeah I also just realized that current PD IE is over like 6k gold and this is only 5k so that would help quite a bit. I still think the build path is really bad and if you're behind would be almost impossible to get 1300 gold twice and 1100 combine cost, but that aside Yas would more than likely need nerfs if the change went through with these numbers. IE + BORK would be wayyyyyyy too strong as BORK would basically replace all of the missing PD stats except lifesteal instead of damage resist and even more raw AD + On hit.
Çaged (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=420 grams,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oA7EoIrf,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-12-22T00:05:35.621+0000) > > For 5000 gold, {{champion:157}} will have 100% Crit, the bonus damage on crits, 80 ad, 30% attack speed, and 5% movespeed with the second reversion. > For 5900 gold, {{item:3031}} {{item:1053}} will make him 1 v 5. According to the screenshot it's "Increases critical strike chance by 50%" which if i had to guess they meant it as doubled crit chance like the current one, if not idk why it would be on a unique passive rather than just the stats line. Also without PD Yas would probably still have some struggles in 1v1s despite those damage stats when you take into consideration he's losing the 12% damage reduction, movement speed towards enemies, and 15% AS needed to max his Q CD.
> [{quoted}](name=Çaged,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oA7EoIrf,comment-id=000a000e,timestamp=2018-12-23T04:29:45.507+0000) > > According to the screenshot it's "Increases critical strike chance by 50%" which if i had to guess they meant it as doubled crit chance like the current one, if not idk why it would be on a unique passive rather than just the stats line. Also without PD Yas would probably still have some struggles in 1v1s despite those damage stats when you take into consideration he's losing the 12% damage reduction, movement speed towards enemies, and 15% AS needed to max his Q CD. Not to mention that the build path would be atrocious for him. You'd be sitting on like 30% crit and +15% attack speed (well +50% with Berserker Greaves) until the item is finished. Sure there's 80 AD but 1300 gold no component items are a pain to get the gold for and pair that with a 1100 combine cost, it would overall be pretty bad for him until you manage to hit 6k gold (except most games you spend 1100 for berserkers and 1300 for hexdrinker/qss before you even get out of lane) so realistically this would probably delay his powers spike long enough that even though the spike is better it wouldn't be as a effective. And any game he can get this IE at a good time he probably woulda done the same damage with old PD IE.
: For 5000 gold, {{champion:157}} will have 100% Crit, the bonus damage on crits, 80 ad, 30% attack speed, and 5% movespeed with the second reversion. For 5900 gold, {{item:3031}} {{item:1053}} will make him 1 v 5.
> [{quoted}](name=420 grams,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oA7EoIrf,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-12-22T00:05:35.621+0000) > > For 5000 gold, {{champion:157}} will have 100% Crit, the bonus damage on crits, 80 ad, 30% attack speed, and 5% movespeed with the second reversion. > For 5900 gold, {{item:3031}} {{item:1053}} will make him 1 v 5. According to the screenshot it's "Increases critical strike chance by 50%" which if i had to guess they meant it as doubled crit chance like the current one, if not idk why it would be on a unique passive rather than just the stats line. Also without PD Yas would probably still have some struggles in 1v1s despite those damage stats when you take into consideration he's losing the 12% damage reduction, movement speed towards enemies, and 15% AS needed to max his Q CD.
Rioter Comments
: yeah jeez he'll be so bad now by dealing 35% true damage through conq and IE. completely unplayable {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}}
Both of his core items combined cost 500 extra while having less impact, 35% true damage doesn't do as much as +50% crit damage vs squishies and tanks are falling off the meta so the true damage doesn't mean as much. Zeal also got a nerf in crit chance and price making his early game worse. IE has a very expensive build path now (also costs 300 more overall) with only 2 components meaning if you don't have 1300 when you die or are forced to back you either sit on money or spend it on something else and hope to stay in lane longer next time. His scaling has been slowed as well as the price of items increased and in the end does less damage to his primary targets. According to Riot Blaustoise on Twitter Yasuo has dropped to around a 42-45% winrate this patch, so yeah, pretty bad.
Rioter Comments

Çaged

Level 192 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion