Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Rito's matchmaking automatically finds players who are near ban status or have been repeatedly reported for feeding or are known to be terrible who are near your MMR and matches you with them to trap you in Bronze 9000 forever driving your need to climb to force you to forever be bound to League. I mean at least that's what it feels like. Usually when you climb up and are in promos you're MMR is higher, but in being so you're playing with the bottom of the barrel of that MMR.
> [{quoted}](name=Lego Steve,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wRHePZ39,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-22T08:01:53.426+0000) > > Rito's matchmaking automatically finds players who are near ban status or have been repeatedly reported for feeding or are known to be terrible who are near your MMR and matches you with them to trap you in Bronze 9000 forever driving your need to climb to force you to forever be bound to League. > > I mean at least that's what it feels like. > > Usually when you climb up and are in promos you're MMR is higher, but in being so you're playing with the bottom of the barrel of that MMR. That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
Rioter Comments
: I've had Diamonds and Plats go against full teams of Silvers/Bronzes in Normals a lot. Normal MMR is hilarious for that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIBbktmVG0s This is an eye-opener on matchmaking in Mobas if you got a few minutes. Your meant to have bad games and uneven matches to make Que times faster. > [{quoted}](name=Hμghes,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O3kl94rI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-12T04:22:24.485+0000) when you get matched with lv 81 who doesnt know how to Press R then you can complain, btw im lv 29 Level means nothing BTW - All it indicates is time played. You can loose every game and still level up if you play long enough.
> [{quoted}](name=Resolution,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O3kl94rI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-12T04:24:45.853+0000) > > I've had Diamonds and Plats go against full teams of Silvers/Bronzes in Normals a lot. Normal MMR is hilarious for that. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIBbktmVG0s > > This is an eye-opener on matchmaking in Mobas if you got a few minutes. Your meant to have bad games and uneven matches to make Que times faster. > > Level means nothing BTW - All it indicates is time played. You can loose every game and still level up if you play long enough. Interesting video. Neat.
: > [{quoted}](name=Órrion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O3kl94rI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T04:10:42.951+0000) > > Don't care. That's never an excuse for a discrepancy that massive. There's no point in having different norm/ranked MMRs if neither do their jobs and "force" losses. They aren't forcing losses. That game is easily winnable, you just didn't the skill to win. You're complaining about losing and yet you decided to go Ahri support? Also if your Normal MMR is high enough to hit with golds, it means you recently were on a win streak or had a lot of wins. Of course riot will put you against more skillful people. It wouldn't make sense to let a skilled player continuously demolish newer players. Otherwise you'd have no new people to play against. So it is actually balanced.
> [{quoted}](name=DaechirYT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O3kl94rI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T04:33:18.334+0000) > > They aren't forcing losses. That game is easily winnable, you just didn't the skill to win. You're complaining about losing and yet you decided to go Ahri support? Also if your Normal MMR is high enough to hit with golds, it means you recently were on a win streak or had a lot of wins. Of course riot will put you against more skillful people. It wouldn't make sense to let a skilled player continuously demolish newer players. Otherwise you'd have no new people to play against. So it is actually balanced. It's a forced loss if it's because suddenly I'm fighting someone several thousand times my skill-level. The fact it can be won doesn't really matter, because the chance was slim or not there at all and that wouldn't have changed magically.
Jamaree (NA)
: It is because normal and ranked have two different MMRs.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O3kl94rI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-12T04:09:10.065+0000) > > It is because normal and ranked have two different MMRs. Don't care. That's never an excuse for a discrepancy that massive. There's no point in having different norm/ranked MMRs if neither do their jobs and "force" losses.
Rioter Comments
: Alternative to jungling?
Problem with junglers: they have too much influence on the laners with the pressure they can exhude post-Lv2 _when your team doesn't have enough wards to counter the jungler whose supposed to be countered by wards. _ Fighting the other jungler for dominance will A: make the snowball worse either way and B: isn't as advisable as constantly ganking the ripe-for-death GP or Jax @ Top or the poor freelo known as the ADC @ Bot. Solution to junglers: give us 3 refillable wards at Lv1 in leu of support items post-quest. For the love of God remove the 3-ward cap and/or incorperate wards into core laner items. Nerf junglers' sustain and/or add wards to the jungler's items too so they can ward up for invades. Overall, reduce movespeed of champions and buff towers up so they're nice and rock-solid like, you know, _defensive fortifications_ should be. Enlarge the gap in the river so you have to walk the walk which'll also have the amazing side-effect of making your midlane more juicy to gank, and reduce the time it takes for the buffs to spawn at the start so people have to miss possibly killing their buff many times over in return for possibly killing your buff ~~and you.~~ Oh, and make towers give you some vision inside your jungle -- up to the gromp would work. Junglers' job: to be the one people deal with when overextending and/or another carry in case the ADC fails.
Rioter Comments
Órrion (NA)
: Lee Sin is fun to play. Is he a viable support?
It seems to work just fine! His E's amazing for chasing, his Q does scaling damage, and his W shield is actually really good, esp. with Locket and/or Redemption. Don't get me started on how useful his R is for kicking the ADC into your team. He seems just fine as a support, though his early-midgame is hard.
Rioter Comments
Kaioko (NA)
: If there was enough support for it and Riot started losing money due to it, I guarantee that would be the case. Luckily our playerbase really isn't as bad as people think so stuff like that mostly doesn't need to be a concern.
> [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7qwETA1k,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-08T19:57:55.833+0000) > > If there was enough support for it and Riot started losing money due to it, I guarantee that would be the case. Luckily our playerbase really isn't as bad as people think so stuff like that mostly doesn't need to be a concern. and that's the problem: when what they think/do about it infringes on your own personal freedom. Hate of insults and everything is fine because you can't choose not to be insulted. The problem is when an "insult" lacks a definition and becomes subjective, or when the definition IS "subjective".
Kaioko (NA)
: Actually it defines it perfectly. It wasn't against the rules per say but the community as a whole didn't like it. It was causing more grief to players than enjoyment and therefore it was punished. Same thing goes with anything else. Take racial insults for example -- if the community wasn't offended by it no one would get punished. The playerbase as a whole has decided that it's not acceptable however and therefore it isn't. Riot tries to write the rules out as a guideline, but ultimately it comes back to what people deem acceptable and not acceptable.
> [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7qwETA1k,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-02-08T19:54:33.150+0000) > > Actually it defines it perfectly. It wasn't against the rules per say but the community as a whole didn't like it. It was causing more grief to players than enjoyment and therefore it was punished. > > Same thing goes with anything else. Take racial insults for example -- if the community wasn't offended by it no one would get punished. The playerbase as a whole has decided that it's not acceptable however and therefore it isn't. > > Riot tries to write the rules out as a guideline, but ultimately it comes back to what people deem acceptable and not acceptable. Racial insults are against rules of society as a whole because they're derisive towards a minority of people and infringe on their personal freedom. If the whole community I'm with, say, decides that _I_ can't play Quinn support, would you find a ban for doing just that justified? It only subjectively impacts their experience - because they say I can't and get miffed if I do, despite it not affecting their pick regardless of what it is - and doesn't cause objective harm in the same way insults are in general an amazing way to bring about an atmosphere of animosity even if no-one responds to the insult or slur.
Kaioko (NA)
: There's an easy way for you to define toxicity really. When the amount of enjoyment players get by playing with you goes below the amount of annoyance they get from being to forced to play with you -- you've become a toxic player. This can be from the way you play (like afking, refusing to play your role) to throwing insults in chat, to mass pinging. When you cross that threshold you playing the game no longer is beneficial to Riot. You now cause more players to leave the game then bring in and therefore become a financial burden. In order for Riot to remain profitable, you need to be removed.
> [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7qwETA1k,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-08T19:46:52.770+0000) > > There's an easy way for you to define toxicity really. When the amount of enjoyment players get by playing with you goes below the amount of annoyance they get from being to forced to play with you -- you've become a toxic player. This can be from the way you play (like afking, refusing to play your role) to throwing insults in chat, to mass pinging. > > When you cross that threshold you playing the game no longer is beneficial to Riot. You now cause more players to leave the game then bring in and therefore become a financial burden. In order for Riot to remain profitable, you need to be removed. Except, like the whole thing with Nunu Support, can be subjective and become a witch-burning instead of an actual case of someone being an asshat, even if at the end the Nunu's ban was justified -- but only for toxicity, not playing an unconventional pick.
Sirthael (EUW)
: hm, i don't really think that people get banned just for a single sentence criticizing their midlaner, but if they keep arguing or keep criticizing teammates i guess it can be categorized as harassment. Because I've seen a few cases where some players kept criticizing their teammates on those forums, they got punished for it even if they didn't use any insults. Having a teammate contently criticizing what you're doing is annoying and when someone gets annoyed the likelihood of victory is drastically diminished. Personally i feel like giving an advice like "Hey lux ! next time she roams bot try to ping and follow, maybe we can collapse and get her ! I'll ward near drake :p ", is way more effective than "Your job as the midlaner is to roam with the enemy midlaner or take their tower..". To sum it up, nobody wants to listen to a complete stranger telling them what to do. So yeah critique isn't that toxic, but it's often ineffective/useless, it can be annoying and considered as harassment if used a bunch of times or if said with CAPS LOCK on and things like that. ( This plus the fact that you'll often find critique and toxicity mixed together in the chat logs you can find on those forums ).
> [{quoted}](name=Sirthael,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7qwETA1k,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-08T17:38:05.640+0000) > > hm, i don't really think that people get banned just for a single sentence criticizing their midlaner, but if they keep arguing or he keep criticizing his teammates i guess it can be categorized as harassment. > > Because I've seen a few cases where some players kept criticizing their teammates on those forums, they got punished for it even if they didn't use any insults. Having a teammate contently criticizing what you're doing is annoying and when someone gets annoyed the likelihood of victory is drastically diminished. > > Personally i feel like giving an advice like "Hey lux ! next time she roams bot try to ping and follow, maybe we can collapse and get her ! i'll ward near drake :p ", is way more effective than "Your job as the midlaner is to roam with the enemy midlaner or take their tower..". > Nobody wants to listen to a complete stranger telling them what to do. > > > So yeah critique isn't that toxic, but it's often ineffective/useless, it can be annoying and considered as harassment if used a bunch of times. That isn't quite what confuses me, though. People often take any criticism, however minor, AS toxicity. Often, the people willing to criticize do it constructively and give examples of what to do better "...your job as a midlaner is to roam with...", for example, and don't do it out of malice and therfor won't keep on criticizing when someone isn't receptive to it. Yet I've had people call me toxic for it, when the worst thing I've said was, in response to an inting Lucian (in a separate game at that), "You're an asshat." I'm not afraid I'll be banned - I have no reason to be. I'm just wondering when the definition will exist and, slightly less, why people would consider critique toxicity.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: - A heal that requires you to hit minions & forces to push the wave. Especially when his heal benefits only himself & not the carry at all, and the base healing is pathetic af in early game. - A knockup that has one of the smallest hitbox to land perfectly with. - A slow that is disadvantageous to use due to that closing V angle. - A revive where Zilean does it better. Zilean's revive can be done on both himself & ally, whereas Aatrox still needs to spam all his spells & hope he's healthy enough to cut himself til full Blood Well. Also including the fact that Aatrox has close to 0 tanky utility. - What's the point of having AD scaling as a Support? Are you planning on just building selfish AD items instead of Locket, Knight's Vow & Redemption?
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7cYj1AK0,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-02-07T17:09:40.153+0000) > > - A heal that requires you to hit minions & forces to push the wave. Especially when his heal benefits only himself & not the carry at all, and the base healing is pathetic af in early game. > > - A knockup that has one of the smallest hitbox to land perfectly with. > > - A slow that is disadvantageous to use due to that closing V angle. > > - A revive where Zilean does it better. Zilean's revive can be done on both himself & ally, whereas Aatrox still needs to spam all his spells & hope he's healthy enough to cut himself til full Blood Well. Also including the fact that Aatrox has close to 0 tanky utility. > > - What's the point of having AD scaling as a Support? Are you planning on just building selfish AD items instead of Locket, Knight's Vow & Redemption? I just wanted to know if it's viable; I love playing it and can reliably land the Q and E, so... Either way, thank you all for the answers!
: Shittier version of Alistar. Just don't.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7cYj1AK0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-07T14:56:14.047+0000) > > Shitter version of Alistar. Just don't. Benefits of Aatrox: self-heal, spammable slow, manaless, comes back from the dead, scales on AD. Benefits of Alistar: self-and-ally-heal, a force-disengage, 70%DR ult, scales on AP.
Rioter Comments
: Except that it's 100% true. You ARE the common denominator in your games. Now, over the short term, shit happens. That's certainly true. Even players that are truly better than their elo can go on short term losing streaks. But over time, if you are better than your elo, it will bear out in your rank> You will climb. That's just how it works. And it's true - you ARE the common denominator in your games. If you are playing hundreds of games and are not climbing, it's because you don't deserve to climb and you need to work to better yourself as a player.
> [{quoted}](name=RoguePanda99,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=75dvcxc6,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-02-02T06:01:15.635+0000) > > Except that it's 100% true. You ARE the common denominator in your games. Now, over the short term, shit happens. That's certainly true. Even players that are truly better than their elo can go on short term losing streaks. But over time, if you are better than your elo, it will bear out in your rank> You will climb. That's just how it works. And it's true - you ARE the common denominator in your games. If you are playing hundreds of games and are not climbing, it's because you don't deserve to climb and you need to work to better yourself as a player. You can't determine how RNG works, thanks to infinity or incomprehensibly large numbers of probabilities. If you could, it wouldn't be random now would it? Never dismiss the chance he could be one of any number of people who could've just gotten incredibly unlucky with no repay. If you don't get what I mean, let me ask you: what guarantees you that he's at fault for a loss-streak other than him existing within it? I'm not defending him (and, honestly, think he should play Nocturne Mid at this rate because at the very least he can carry from there) but... ...it's just such a stupid counterargument. "It'll even out in the end!" What end? What fucking end? What system is there in place to prevent streaking? There's nothing to prevent you from getting tails again if you flip a coin twice and get it the first time. Stop trying to tell me ∞ and chance as a concept **ends** sometime.
: I said this above but here you go. Lying isn't gonna make the system better. When I got lvl31 I got 1 champ shard it dissenchanted to like 2000be. Lvl32 I got 4 champion shards. Together they disenchanted to like 1400. I'll say again, ur full of crap.
I'll be glad to prove one thing to you: I mean what I say... at least if I could, somehow, but I can't show you my BE gains and losses, now, can I. I got enough to buy GP through 3 levels, just barely -- and it's because of excess BE I had. I could be unlucky.
: .: DO NOT BUY/SPEND RP :.
I got 1.8k BE, enough to buy {{champion:41}} through 3 loot chests, over 3 levels, over 66 games, over around 7 WotD bonuses. One big problem: I had 900 BE left-over from spam-buying all the champions when this new system was introduced and all 'veteran' players got BE orbs. Note: I'm Lv33; It hasn't updated my boards profile's level for some reason. Just add me if you don't believe it.
Rioter Comments
: Yeah they should totally buff towers. Tower should be those scary ass buildings that you should be afraid of and actually need to take opportunities and group up to destroy. Right now they're just those stuff you take down every once in a while.
People call them "poppable loot chests" for a reason.
: ***
Reread it, again. I said LoL is mimicking HotS and losing it's main purpose. You're the one who chooses to see that as "Oh LoL's dying!" Maybe because you're afraid I may have a point (in which case, maybe talk to Riot and tell them we love LoL for what it is and not because it's a cheap HotS knock-off) or for some other reason. Compare the title to the context to the entire issue with making games last 15 minutes. By the way, neither of us actually know if LoL is more popular or not -- Riot doesn't give us numbers, sans for misleading ones in the front page in the same way DotA2 does. We can pretend we do, and we can provide anecdotal and subjective "evidence" but... I doubt either of us will be asking why we're wrong and not why we're right.
: ***
Reread it, please. If you think I'm saying it will die, you're missing the point. I'm saying that League does what League does; It shouldn't try to do what HotS does because it's afraid HotS' stealing it's playerbase, because HotS is already better than League at it. When they lose their centeral fanbase, they will just end up dying out with nothing they can do about it; It happened to WWE when it kept doing things that pissed people off. (I'll ignore your "8 years strong" thing; in S1-S2 no-one knew of it, and S5-6 were it's assumed peak until they stopped giving us playercount numbers.)
: It's not that I defend it, not exactly. It's that I know the current solution is the best available with today's technology, and I don't have any idea to propose to make it better. So I make due with what I have, and I try to explain how it works to other people. People say: "it's simple, match Silver against Silver, Diamond against Diamond, even in Normals", but that would be even worse, really. That basically would mean that Normals and Ranked are the same thing, and there would be no point in playing both anymore. That would also prevent people from learning and training new champs, because they are locked at their peak level, so they can't afford to play anything they don't already master. And before you reply "I don't care about the 1% of Diamond players, I'm Silver, match me against Silver, period.", well... That would still be worse for most Silver, too. Because the same way people who grinded up to Diamond are matched against Silver and Gold in Normals, most Silver are also matched against Bronze. Basically everyone who spent a lot of time grinding in Ranked is matched against lower people in Normals, and that doesn't affect just the top 2-3%. So yeah, the current system isn't perfect. That Diamond player you met can decide on a whim to play their main and to stomp people in Normals, and that do happen, I don't deny it (I even did it myself). But they wouldn't have been matched in the same game as you in the first place if they didn't perform at roughly your own level in the majority of their other Normals game. And Riot can't control their whim.
Why not just incorperate their actual rank/MMR into their normal play MMR and use both, instead of using one for both? For example, a gold would never be matched with a bronze but could be matched with a silver. They should have to at the very least *earn* their victory instead of ending up with 10 by 5.
Rioter Comments
: I do not know what you play, but when I play the 200 armor 3k Health {{champion:113}} kills {{champion:201}} and {{champion:29}} .
My complaint is that in a 5v3 I died before the 400~ added armor from my passive even expired. As in, my entire team ganking Lucian and two other people had me die first. That's one-point-five whole seconds of doing my job.
Rioter Comments
: {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} The rewards are horrible. Give us 2500 BE and a random champion shard to call it #worth. Or give us 3 random champion shards to call it #worth.
> [{quoted}](name=Biscuit Bite,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=48Zd0igi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-08T19:51:54.569+0000) > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} > > The rewards are horrible. > > Give us 2500 BE and a random champion shard to call it #worth. > Or give us 3 random champion shards to call it #worth. the weird thing is that it's not a problem to people who existed pre-patch, because most of us got a 50k BE orb to do whatever with and then eat. I feel almost like they did it just to keep us from uproaring about the weird change/s to the IP/BE system.
: I think either I don't understand or you replied to the wrong person. Because you seem to agree with me. Having reached a high rank on the ladder doesn't mean you consistently perform at that same level in Normals, so it's logical to see wide rank disparity in Normals.
I'd believe you, but the Diamond in my game went 15/8... while having around quadruple the rest of their team's damage dealt. Every single time I've dealt with some matchmaking disparity, the match always ended with them stomping everyone else with nothing to be said or done about it, and it's always been miserable. How can you defend it? It's frustrating.
: STOP MATCHING SILVERS VS DIAMOND PLAYERS, YOU ARE PISSING PEOPLE OFF, STOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!
https://imgur.com/a/QJjMp I'll leave that there. It's probably better to add to a thread complaining about it instead of making a new one. "It's normals" isn't really an excuse, considering they wouldn't match Faker up against some generic Silver 5 for the same reason: people play this game to enjoy it, not to get stomped by someone with several thousand times more experience.
Cliticus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Órrion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XvbGw3rP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-11-04T09:13:25.493+0000) > > Huh. I didn't expect a detailed answer (thank you, by the way!) and... the way you described it pretty much means I just *have* to give it a try. being awak at 4 am waiting for worlds allows one to think more :P but yeah, new season will be a huge change. Cannot wait for irelia rework and zoe to come out.
> [{quoted}](name=Cliticus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XvbGw3rP,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-04T09:15:30.819+0000) > > being awak at 4 am waiting for worlds allows one to think more :P but yeah, new season will be a huge change. Cannot wait for irelia rework and zoe to come out. They're finally reworking Irelia?! I sound exited. That's because I AM. She's one of the older champions, the least cared-for, and one of the least-picked too. I want to see her viable... er... again.
Cliticus (NA)
: games entering a new phase that will be brand new to most. the new runes and leveling is quite interesting and will help new players get into the game faster with easier access to champions. the new runes/mast system is quite amazing giving resources to those who wouldn't have had it as easy before, essentially bring old champions back into the viable state. The community is horrible IMO, riots attempts to reduce it only allows those who are being abused to get punished not the abusers, but for the general playstyle of the game its more healthy, minus turrets being paper mache
> [{quoted}](name=Cliticus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XvbGw3rP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-04T09:12:25.130+0000) > > games entering a new phase that will be brand new to most. the new runes and leveling is quite interesting and will help new players get into the game faster with easier access to champions. the new runes/mast system is quite amazing giving resources to those who wouldn't have had it as easy before, essentially bring old champions back into the viable state. The community is horrible IMO, riots attempts to reduce it only allows those who are being abused to get punished not the abusers, but for the general playstyle of the game its more healthy, minus turrets being paper mache Huh. I didn't expect a detailed answer (thank you, by the way!) and... the way you described it pretty much means I just *have* to give it a try.
Rioter Comments
: What is your League guilty pleasure/dirty secret
Rhawkie (EUW)
: It's not exactly toxic, but as MuffinMcSwagWalk had said, it is showing negative attitude. You are showing negative and very strong "disapproving" attitude towards what they have done, and many see it as toxic, which it isn't. It should rather be referred to as negativity, but it makes the players feel insecure because you are pointing out the problems that they are causing, rather than just flaming them - still not a good thing. Rather try and just keep it in or use other words which won't make other players feel insecure.
I shouldn't have to hide my dislike for an idea! We need to communicate to win, and communication doesn't *just* boil down to "Oh kiss up to them" because, if it did, then we wouldn't have phrases like "Bad idea" and words like "No." and "Don't." I don't even really see how it's a negative attitude, either, especially not when you're trying to *win* and improve your chances of winning. There are definitely good ways and bad ways to disagree, and plenty can verge on toxic, I won't deny. Edit: This may be an awful comparison, but the W. Churches thought the same way; You can't show dissent or question anything they do. It's honestly a bit tyrannical and counterproductive. Edit2: In the example, Akali was using her KDA to slag off my team. So, I just decided to "Hey, dude, you suck as much as me. You're 5/6/0. Shut up and quit BMing the team." and she actually did just that with some pushback from some other people. Sometimes kindly rephrasing "Don't be a hypocrite" gets you somewhere, and those sometimes are worth the times it doesn't - because those people who listen likely won't be toxic again, whereas, as you said, the toxic people would continue to be toxic anyway.
: LMAO, autofill isn't just there for everyone other than support. It's there for everyone. I've been "autofilled" to MID, ADC, Jungle and support. i say "autofilled" because mostly i just take fill as secondary. let's try to not treat support mains as some special kind of player.
I should rephrase; One of the **MAIN** reasons autofill exists is the lack of support players.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=PTSYD,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=fFtXEIrt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-05-13T15:36:38.119+0000) > > That's some next level logic behind that Not really, I'm not sure why you would want someone like him back in the game. Just because you are a fan doesn't mean that he did deserves to just be let go. Because guarantee if some random player did the things he did, flaming his allies, running it down mid if people weren't doing well, afking if he didn't get the buffs, whether or not he needed them, and just a whole laundry list worth of shit, you wouldn't be like "Oh, it is fine, I would love to play with that player again." NO, you would be pissed, whining, complaining that Riot doesn't do their jobs. So if you were ok when he was doing it to others, you should be ok with said kinds of players in your game. "Oh, but he is has reformed." Congrats, I'm also sure a lot of murderers reformed in prison, doesn't mean I want them back out in society. Obviously what he did isn't even slightly comparable to murder, but it is the same concept. Whether or not he has truly reformed doesn't matter, during that time with his own admitted 19 permabanned accounts, he has ruined quite literally thousands of player's experiences. He reformed only after being given the ultimate punishment, he had nothing left to do but reform if he even wanted to play again. "Oh, you are too harsh, don't you believe in second chances?" Yeah, I actually do believe in second chances, but once again, he had 19, fucking 19 permabanned accounts, how many more chances did he deserve? So yeah, if you want players like him back, you have no right to complain about players who did any of the things he did in your game, just makes you a hypocrite.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=fFtXEIrt,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-05-13T16:01:14.493+0000) Riot's also giving him a chance to reform so his fanbase just goes away. Letting him back into the game will have a positive impact for it; He thrives on fans who sort of just pay him to be a complete dick to other people. You'd rather he continue creating accounts to be perma'd than to let him reform into a positive force in the community? Think of this; If you want to use murder as an analogy, would you rather have had Ted Bundie quit killing people and fucking their corpses after the fourth, or, because he had already killed&fucked four would you rather him just continue? We all know the answer. I barely know of Tyler1, only that he's done whatever horrible things for whatever reason... but I believe everyone deserves however many chances it takes... so long as they're willing to keep genuinely trying. You're given so many (∞) lives in games for a reason, and this is it. ...so maybe think about what you're asking. It runs deeper than just you, Jama. Far deeper. - The Prophet {{champion:90}}
: I mean they both exhibit toxic behaviour. maybe instead of: A. Pointing out the persons kda B. Telling X perons they suck ( even though its as much as you ) C. Cursing all of these things are counted as bm. maybe try to not say anything at all and use the mute button it doesn't matter what you say to a toxic/tilted player. it will not make it better. they will either rage more, tilted harder, or feed harder. thus, its best to mute them, report them after the game and move on.
...but I'm not really toxic for disliking your idea to do Baron with two people while being down a jungler, and voicing exactly why I disagree with that choice. I could get it if it was actually toxic while at it... but I'm not, and this is a game about communication and teamwork. Me {{champion:90}}: "Stop. We can't do it. Just take the turret instead." {{champion:103}}: "No, we have enough time. Their jungler's down." Me {{champion:90}}: "We can't. Trust me. Karma's waiting in the wings." *{{champion:103}}{{champion:111}} duo Baron and... Karma steals it with her Q.* Me {{champion:90}}: "I told you! Why did you?! Dammit, now we have to deal with that." {{champion:103}}: /all "Report Malz for toxic plz" That's how it usually goes. I have only twice in my lifetime ever flamed someone, and both times it was thanks to said person being a... very... interesting Ted Bundie-type. Someone who intentionally fed and ruined games and gave away our positions just to ruin our day. ALL my advice or disagreement will ever consist of is "Stop. Don't. Trust me. It's a really bad idea." and, in the worst cases, "Dude, what the fuck? I told you it was a bad idea." ...but yet every so often, I get someone who tells me that I'm either being toxic or that they'll report me for being toxic despite it being nothing more than a disagreement in tactics.
Rioter Comments
: Learn more roles. And if you are getting autofilled to non-supp that's a good thing. It means that more people are playing supp.
That's true; It does mean that people are playing support... but then why the hell is autofill still here? It seems to just be here, at this point, to skew matchmaking and tilt people as much as possible before being inevitably removed because it's a nexus for toxicity and matchmaking imbalance. By the way, "Learn more roles" applies to people who are generally good at doing that. Some people like me have a specialized skillset; We pay attention to every detail on the minimap, but can't roam or TP-gank to save our life.
: No autofill exists because queue times were forever and riot was like "hurr durr well we can fix dat herr" and everyone made it a meme that sutofill = support (yes i know not a lot of people were playing support thats why most fills put you there but thats not the primary reason it was made) So autofill will kick in regardless of your position because they dont want people going "OMG I HAD TO WAIT A WHOLE 2 MINUTES FOR A GAME RITO FIX UR QUEUE TIME!" even tho most ~~smart~~ people agree it's better to wait 10 minutes to get a role you you can play vs waiting only 5 minutes and having a shit 20+ minute game because you got a shit role. Oh and autofill exponentially increased dodge and troll picking, which literally counter that "dont waste time" bullshit. Far as im concerned, remove the damn autofill yesterday.
But then why does it give you autofill protection if you queue and get support? It was created due to a lack of us, undeniably. My issue is that, when we try to fix the problem, we're told we can't... ...only to get some dude in the next game insta-tilted because he got filled to my role unwillingly.
: u think there some sense on this board ???
Read my replies; Logic is strange because at times you can't see it, but it's undoubtedly there. It's like how you can only come to understand the intros in some games if you play them to the end.
: I get autofilled into jungle quite a bit Support isn't the only role we get autofilled
Jungle might become the new fill role, for sure. If it does, I'll end up enjoying Malz jungle as much as I see fit until it shifts to like, Top or something. When it does, I'll endlessly bitch for autofill to be removed, just like everyone else! The circle of death is beautiful. {{champion:90}}
: If normal people complain about getting autofilled, they're told to learn more roles If support mains complain about getting autofilled, they're upvoted Lol.
Support mains want to be *a solution* to the problem. One more game I can be my support OTP self in means one less person filled to the least-popular role, and in turn one more person playing their desired role and enjoying themselves. Everyone knows the pain of being filled **to** support from a role they actually wanted to play. Whereas with normal people outside of the role, when they're forced to play the role (at times because "Oh we need a jungler" > fills the support to jungle, "Oh we need a support" > fills the jungle to support) are told to learn the role because of *how uncommon the role is.* I just wish autofill didn't exist, if I'm honest; It's more beneficial and less overall toxic if people can play what they want to play and **_not_** what they don't.
Show more

Órrion

Level 52 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion