: I like the effigy. You might like this post over here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/Zlu00jsb-fiddlesticks-rework-concept-are-you-afraid
and here I thought I was being original :/
Rioter Comments
: Death Sworn Splash Arts
her are my thoughts on these splashes from a graphic design students point of view. Zed: His claw is cut off creating a tangent, He is centered in the frame with no discernible fore, middle or background. all this creates an awkward uncomfortable picture. 4/10 stars Viktor: Props on the exaggerated angle. however the staff keeps its diameter as its receding from the viewer, which implies that it is parallel to the viewer, Big no no. His pose has no weight and dose not convey power or intimidation. finally the staff and death ray both carry the eye out of the picture. 5/10 stars Kat: This is the best out of the three. It follows the rule of thirds has a fore ground which keeps Kat from floating away, and interesting action pose. head is to close to the top of the frame for my taste, wish there was a dark element overlapping her leg just a little, Is she wearing my sisters yoga pants? 8/10 stars {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: @Meddler Fiora and Lux Pbe changes context?
What is your guys thoughts on Lux's W (the shield) applying her passive. Would be interesting :3
Rioter Comments
Nahui (NA)
: Anivia's ult is a channel. That's why. Swain's is not, it's a different state that drains mana, such as cougar form. Same reason nidalee doesn't turn human when CC'd. Aurelion, because they went far too ham on exemplifying his weaknesses. They decided this was a champ completely countered by melee. They want you to be able to get in on him and fuck him, for whatever reason because his aoe damage comes so easily and impactfully I guess. They didn't want you to stun him and still die to his free damage. However, it's a bit silly. Anivia and Swain are diff though. Sol is just a design flaw.
Is Anivia's ut really considered a channel? I thought it was just summon a circle that dose damage. She doesn't do anything but place it down and it still gets canceled. I think its an interesting design choice that Aurelion is designed with counter play and Swain isn't, even though he has been recently altered.
Rioter Comments
Vorazun (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=0112358fib,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=e7KYjAwj,comment-id=0003000300000000,timestamp=2016-04-19T05:17:21.029+0000) > > OK Here it goes > > > Fun/Flow - There was just too much going on with the kit. Personally I fine it difficult to manage a character that has an active and passive to each ability. > > 5 Points: Were given because this character had a direction but movement. ( like a vector it had direction but lacked magnitude) Not sure what you mean by how every ability has a passive. Only the ultimate has a passive, apart from her actual passive. > > Design Implementation - When you have a transforming character you have to be carful that each ability speaks for itself. Having a passive that applies debuffs to enemies is hard to manage. There's a lot going on when you have a character that has 6 different abilities, 6 different passives, gap closers, and cc. I also didn't understand why this character needed to be melee and ranged. > > 4 Points: Were given for it felt like this was an aggressive character but not sure how well it translated into the kit. Isn't Aeria fairly straightforward though? I thought that her abilities have fairly distinctive roles in themselves, and the bonuses gained from the passive interaction enhance this, not work against it. (ie Sword Q being a gapcloser, with the enhanced version rooting them so they can't run away) Aeria was also melee and ranged because I wanted her to be a top laner. In their own way, her Bow form is very strongly her skirmishing/ambush/kite form, while her melee one is best for sustained combat/execute/bruiser. I tried to use Aeria and design her in a way such that you had to have diversity in your forms, rather than people like Jayce who just ranged all day, and melee form just to peel. > > Novelty - this kit suffered from too much going on and not differentiating itself from other transformers. > > 1 Point: Was given because it brought very little new ideas. I'm going to have to heavily contest this. There are multiple new mechanics in Aeria's kit. The tether arrow, the ability to wall climb, her passive which actually encourages switching forms to fight well, her ulimate passive that gives her periods of carefully defined power (like Gnar, but is still quite different). Is this really not 'differentiating' from the rest? > > Cohesiveness - I really couldn't understand how this kit felt. This directly led to me not understanding how it went with the lore/the personality I thought she would have. > > 4 Points: Were given because I liked the character I read from the lore but it didn't translate to the kit. It'd work fairly straightforwardly. You go into Bow to stalk an enemy, ambush and CC them with Bow E and W before jumping in with Q, then switch to sword for further CC with E/Q and the passive execute bonus with the Serrated Arrow AAs. Again, her kit works at either stalking targets, or escaping, with her Bow being better for kite, while her Sword is used for all-in combat. > > GOOD Neighbor Bonus - Felt like it was just there for the extra points. > > 5 Points : Were given for doing it but they felt like comments to me and were not constructive. > I don't think my reviews were that light in general, but I guess it's your interpretation.
> [{quoted}](name=Vorazun,realm=OCE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=e7KYjAwj,comment-id=00030003000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-19T07:00:04.905+0000) > > Not sure what you mean by how every ability has a passive. Only the ultimate has a passive, apart from her actual passive. > A Passive is something that is always active or skills that benefit from other abilities. Something that gives buffs or debuffs. 1. Serrated Arrows from her Bow. 2. Sword leave Soft Points 3. Dextrous Aim - If the enemy has a Soft Point... 4. To the Source - If the enemy has a Serrated Arrow. 5. Bow: Sharp Eye - Aeria's autoattacks will always crit for 150% damage (187.5% with IE). 6. Sword: Deft Strike - Aeria's first, and every third strike after causes Aeria to deftly incapacitate the target, causing their next instance of damage against her to have no effect. if you can say that ability like ( if "Something" condition is meet then I will passively do "Something" ) then I view it as a passive. Ex: My auto attacks will passively shred armor. If they have this debuff I will passively deal more damage.(More damage can be activated by another ability) Furry is an example. > Isn't Aeria fairly straightforward though? I thought that her abilities have fairly distinctive roles in themselves, and the bonuses gained from the passive interaction enhance this, not work against it. (ie Sword Q being a gapcloser, with the enhanced version rooting them so they can't run away) > > Aeria was also melee and ranged because I wanted her to be a top laner. In their own way, her Bow form is very strongly her skirmishing/ambush/kite form, while her melee one is best for sustained combat/execute/bruiser. I tried to use Aeria and design her in a way such that you had to have diversity in your forms, rather than people like Jayce who just ranged all day, and melee form just to peel. > I can agree that the kit does have a logical order to its abilities. However there are so many questions I have. Do her abilities shared cool downs. Why does she have fury. When designing a champion it is important to consider how to gate their abilities. Many of the champs in league are CD and mana gated, they can only use abilities is they have the mana and don't spam. Champs that don't have mana tend to use their abilities whenever its off cool down. this leads to a character that face rolls. EX: - Shyvana uses her burn out whenever possible because their is no negative consequence. - Zilean on the other hand can only use his time warp when its off cool down and if he doesn't build for it, he runs out of mana. - Talon is an assassin it could fit thematically that he would have furry but with the current state of his kit it would mean that he would constantly use every ability jumping around doing tons of damage, which starts to make that champ feel like a "Katerina". > I'm going to have to heavily contest this. There are multiple new mechanics in Aeria's kit. The tether arrow, the ability to wall climb, her passive which actually encourages switching forms to fight well, her ulimate passive that gives her periods of carefully defined power (like Gnar, but is still quite different). Is this really not 'differentiating' from the rest? > They are new in that they are worded differently. But does this character offer something different then other characters. Passive - her autos do extra things. this archetype has been done to death. Tree top ambush - Another champ that can pass over walls. Something Different would have been, "She jumps onto a wall and enters stealth she cant move, gains increased range", this would have been something new rather then another ability that is a gap closer. She has a root, armor shred, bleed, knockback, near sight/blind, stun, . This champ has so many status effects. She doesn't have anything new, just an amalgamation of different things. > It'd work fairly straightforwardly. You go into Bow to stalk an enemy, ambush and CC them with Bow E and W before jumping in with Q, then switch to sword for further CC with E/Q and the passive execute bonus with the Serrated Arrow AAs. Again, her kit works at either stalking targets, or escaping, with her Bow being better for kite, while her Sword is used for all-in combat. > Cohesiveness is how well this champ fit together and if it matches up to the character I imagine from the lore. The lore was good but the kit had too much going on for me to understand what I would be playing. > I don't think my reviews were that light in general, but I guess it's your interpretation. I think that I was usually generous with the GNB as long as the comment was more then just " this is how I feel", "this is what I would have done", or "I just don't understand".
Vorazun (OCE)
: Is it possible if you could breakdown the scores you gave me for each category? I'm just curious as to the standards and criterion you had.
OK Here it goes Lore - Great job, I really enjoyed the first person perspective. The character came to life and I was able to view what type of personality they had. There were just some minor inconsistences in the writing and towards the end it felt like the story was dragging on. 10 Points: Were given for creating a character that I could relate too. 5 Points: Were given for the setting they were introduced in. It was interesting but it could be done better. Fun/Flow - There was just too much going on with the kit. Personally I fine it difficult to manage a character that has an active and passive to each ability. 5 Points: Were given because this character had a direction but movement. ( like a vector it had direction but lacked magnitude) Design Implementation - When you have a transforming character you have to be carful that each ability speaks for itself. Having a passive that applies debuffs to enemies is hard to manage. There's a lot going on when you have a character that has 6 different abilities, 6 different passives, gap closers, and cc. I also didn't understand why this character needed to be melee and ranged. 4 Points: Were given for it felt like this was an aggressive character but not sure how well it translated into the kit. Novelty - this kit suffered from too much going on and not differentiating itself from other transformers. 1 Point: Was given because it brought very little new ideas. Cohesiveness - I really couldn't understand how this kit felt. This directly led to me not understanding how it went with the lore/the personality I thought she would have. 4 Points: Were given because I liked the character I read from the lore but it didn't translate to the kit. GOOD Neighbor Bonus - Felt like it was just there for the extra points. 5 Points : Were given for doing it but they felt like comments to me and were not constructive. feel free to argue any point. :3
zemaxs (EUW)
: Are you freaking serious? My champion is better than anyone here. These judges must be brain dead to give so low scores
Hi I just wanted to add my two cents into this conversation. I thought it was very interesting that you tried to add another character into the feud between Morgana and Kayle. However I think that Kreiga just didn't fit with the existing lore that make the sisters who they are.
: [CCOS] February/March Results!
If there are any questions you would like to ask me. I would be more then happy to respond. :3
Echoing (NA)
: Something seems off about some of those scores. Like conspicuous 0s in the Good Neighbor Bonus when everyone else gave a score for that champion. Also hi yes I am a judge and I probably did not have the most glowing opinion of your champion. I'll be happy to discuss and argue why, but I'm out to lunch right now. I'll be back in about two hours. I really do want to see some cool stuff happen, no matter what I sound like, but too often feedback is either too soft or useless flaming. I try to avert that, sometimes unsuccessfully.
Hi Well I just wanted to say that I am truly sorry if I gave a 0 when there was a GN link. I tried to make sure that I read every link, to make sure that the feed back they provided was constructive. Sometimes it can be hard to find the link. I hope I didn't miss anything. :3
: Mid Year Mage Updates - Zyra Direction
I Think that Zyra is a great champion for the mage updates. Her model looks fine, she just needs a change in her gameplay to really cement the idea that she is a plant mage. I agree that her passive right now doesn't really help define her playstyle and hopefully will be an interesting ability that will be fun to use. If there are plans to completely scrape her passive it would be interesting if Riot could incorporate the passive model into another part of her kit. Maybe her Ult could spawn it in. It would be cool that she could summon a supper awesome deadly flower. I think that her W would be really cool if it was used for more vision control. One of my favorite abilities from "Hero's of the storm" is Abathur's skill "toxic nest", which is a long range ability that is used for vision and provides an irritation for the enemy team. It could aid her ability to counter initiate, and catch people by knowing where they are. The cool down reduction that is incorporated into it can be really useful but its sort of a hidden power. Maybe the more active seeds she has on the map the more CD.? Her other abilities "Q/E" are really iconic parts of her kit and shouldn't be changed. However a small quality of life buff could be that they spawn a plant without a "seed". Just spit bawling. Some ideas from an eager fan interested in the Reincarnation of an outdated champion. (:3 get it rein" carnation " ... like the flower ... XD){{champion:143}}
KoKoboto (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=0112358fib,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=8tJipTHa,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-01-23T04:06:31.247+0000) Well you could always give plants distinct abilities for example right now the two plants are melee and range, where one has clear uses than the other. I think riot would be able to create more plants and give them distinct uses like an AoE plant damage or heal/buff plant. In Zyra's case where she will ususally have 2 plants out in a normal combo their is not much decision making, 1 plant to slow and 1 plant to hit when they get far away. I need to reword my last post, I think it would be cool if Zyra had more plants, she does not need new plants though. Overall what I want to see is more variety and gameplay around plants, honestly they could take away the knockup on her ult and make it a snare and take away some of her other damages if they allowed for more variety.
I totally agree with you. Right now her kit is really stale. I would be interesting to see how many different types of plants could be incorporated into her kit. I just chose not to go in that direction with this kit. Do you have any ideas on how growing different types of plants could work?
KoKoboto (NA)
: Honestly I've been against most of the revive passives but yours is really nice! However I think Zyra should have more plants too choose from and I also disagree when you said "less confusing" and "less work for Rito". Firstly I think making a choice between range and slow are impactful and give her decision making (even though once you get rylais you can just use range plants). I think making Zyra more plant-like would involve creating perhaps another type of plant. Secondly the whole thing about Zyra getting less skins because of more work is so stupid. Riot is a company they work hard in order to perform! It's like with Zac, they just need to put in more work and stuff but they won't which is lame. Not going against you at all here but against Rito.
Choosing between different types of plants to grow can be an impactful decision. However this could lead to unclear optimization. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=293417 <- interesting thread on designing champs. I think when there are too many choices, it can be hard to tell which is the right one. That was my thought when changing it to one plant. I have no idea what it takes to make a skins and/or change particles. It would be fun to learn how. ;3
: In more simplified terms her passive would work more like an anivia passive. not exactly the same but similar. Correct me if I am wrong here 0112358FIB?
Yah Maybe something like that! Anivia would be a better comparison.
: This is a great way to diversify a champion. Zyra is really strong and all she needed was some tweaks, Her ult I agree really confused me in the sense that vines on the ground would not knock you into the air... on the contrary as you say it would drag you to the ground. This was well thought out and I love how you incorporated her lore into the kit.
I really appreciate the compliment.
Pynkee (NA)
: [Champion Concept] Peraximus - The Immovable Object
Malphite's kit dose not fill the role of a huge mountain. This direction is interesting. If his ult only weakens him and buff's his allies how will this effect him in a solo lane. will he then be forced to be a sup?
: I really like how you used her Lore to influence her Abilities, I actually the Changes you made.
her lore is actually really interesting. A dying plant taking over the mind of a sorcerer. That is really freaky.
: As a part Zyra main I LOVE that new passive. But I don't get what you mean by "revives in a pod that slowly restores her health and mana". While in the pod is she invincible like Aatrox's passive? Is she kinda like Anivia's egg or Zac's blob-jelly-thingies that can be attacked? How fast is the heal/mana regen (I'm imagine it kinda as fast as Aatrox's)? And does it have cooldown? Also 10 maximum seeds? I'm guessing you chose to increase this because of the passive but how would that be possible if she only stacks 2 and they only last 30 seconds? (reduced cooldown?) I'm also guessing plants don't deal as much damage anymore? I mean imagine just planting all 10 in one bush and then using E lol. That would be fun.
So for the passive that revives her, I was thinking along those lines. Something Like an Aatrox but she isn't invulnerable. I don't think it needs a cool down because the situations when you kill an enemy after death can be rare. If it happens too often a cool down could be added. I am not sure how the new ammo system would work on her W. Riot would probably have too set up a new system. I Just like the idea that the player is rewarded for building and growing her system of plants. It would be fun to do a HimerDonger bush trap.
Statikk (NA)
: Mid-Year Mage Update
some thoughts I had on the illustrious plant mage{{champion:143}} http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/8tJipTHa-champion-update-zyra after reading about this update these ideas came to mind.
Rioter Comments
: I am aware but if you'd pay attention there's the 3rd party there as well as the dragon(ish) visage in the middle. It was just a thought. I don't need some lore nazi who lives solely on the forums shitting on what people say b/c they didn't hear about something in their backwater channels of getting information (reddit). Ever heard of thinking out loud? You should try it from time to time.
I don't mean to stick my nose somewhere it doesn't belong but flaming is never appropriate.
Jolan (NA)
: I honestly have 0 issues with Vel'Koz. He has range, but only if he plays properly. Q is a mediocre nuke unless you clip people with the 2 orbs that shoot from the end. W is his only waveclear, which works fine, with an ammo system so he can at least double tap it to fully delete a creep wave. His E is the anti-melee skill, giving him a knock up and a knock away, which can't always be used offensively but soft-peels melees from him. The only problem I have is when I play against Vel'koz, I find that his ult is impossible to escape at medium range, given his high turning speed and a lot of map locations with limited movement (walls and ramps). Why aren't you touching Swain? He has issues holding targets, given his W has a delay and a short cast range, meaning people can easily walk out of it. His Q, a targeted slow, only lasts for as long as the target is in range of the tether, which is broken very easily since it doesn't move with Swain but sticks to his cast location. His main damage in lane is through Q and E, which are both DoTs, meaning their power is mostly invisible and not properly felt. Swain has no decisive waveclear pre-6, since his only AoE ability doesn't get leveled and has a long CD, whereas his other options are single target DoT, useless for last hitting. After level 6, Swain gains sustained AoE damage in close range, adding more DoT power to his already strong Q and E, but doing nothing to fix his weaknesses for waveclear or target control. Instead, he gains a weakness in limited mana pool and mana regen, giving him issues with sustaining his R. Moreover, the short ranges of his Q and E, both of them being single target and targeted, means that late game he has no effective ways to poke or anything, besides landing lucky Ws, which is his anti-melee tool. He is forced to engage or be engaged on, so that he is in melee range of the enemy and can torment them. This isn't fixable via items or masteries or runes. That's why I think you should consider looking at Swain as a major target for the Caster Update.
Swain definitely needs to be looked at. He is either oppressive or useless.
Statikk (NA)
: Mid-Year Mage Update
I think out of the Big 6 Zyra needs the biggest change. I have always wanted to buy/play her but something holds me back. I think her biggest flaw is that she fails thematically. When I think about a walking plant lady I imagine a being that is in tune with herself and her environment. As a "Plant Mage" I would like her to be slower paced. This doesn't necessarily mean that she can’t do burst damage. She is like a beautiful rose, admire her from afar but fear the thorns. One of her defining characteristic is her ult, doesn't mean it can’t change. In my opinion it is used to prevent dives, combined with her E she can cc her opponents away from herself and team mates. Or just kill them. As a side note as I was listening to Gypsylord's podcast, they talked about "Zileas' List of Game Design Anti-Patterns" http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=293417 . One of his points comes to mind is "Unclear Optimization". Specifically Zyra’s ult increases the attack speed of her plants. I find it unclear how useful this would be. Do I use it on my plants to increase attack speed or do I go after an enemy champ. Another flaw of hers could be the Non-Reliability on her passive. From the times that I have played her I think her passive is really hard to use effectively. Sometimes when playing her I don't even realize that I can use another skill after I die. There are probably numerous things that she could be turned into. I hope that she becomes a champ that is beautiful to play and watch but deadly when confronted. Fib:3 Ps. Could she be Asexual maybe Androgynous. Should plants have sex appeal? {{champion:143}}
: DEEP: Why does Kindred include a lamb?
Because they are not insane hunters. They are literally the embodiment of death. Supposedly kindred is make up of two champs because death was so lonely that he "split himself in two" so he would have a friend.
Retillin (NA)
: Why does there seem to be so many errors in the most important patch in 10(?) months?
Because it is the most important patch in 10(?) months!
: A support designed to be weak in lane.. in order to have a gold stealing mechanic
Riot has said that they will stay away from abilities that will stealing gold
: Also They have Six slots for both sides of "good" and "evil", but it also seems they are trying to fill the lanes as well. Good side: Mid- unknown, Top- Riven, Bot Sona and MF, and jungle- Hecarim. Bad side: Mid- Veigar, Top- unkown, bot- unkown, and jungle unkown.
Bad side: Mid- Veigar, Top- unkown, bot- Blitzcrank and unkown, and jungle unkown.
: thanks :D
she gives me the vibe you get when you are in a forest alone and you think someone's watching you. A warrior huntress stalking you on the edges of your imagination. ;3
: Zilean Passive Idea
I think riot wants to stay away from a champion reducing another's cool downs. how about zil receives full exp even with an ally (like mords passive) and maybe whenever he casts an ability he gets a move speed boost
: [Champion Concept] - Lesidi the Spirit Weaver
I really like the concept art that you added.
: They were put before because they are going to be Minor Tweaks, and fiora is almost Complete, However Poppy is getting a (Sion Level) Rework wich include Abilities/Visuals/Lore/Gameplay/ and Voice.
I have kept myself updated on her. It just breaks my heart a little every time I see another champ put before her. With this latest tragedy I don't think that I will be able to survive. "stage faint , and end scene"
Rioter Comments
: [Bilgewater Champ Concept] Taura, Chosen of the Kraken
this kit is way too overloaded really she has dashes stuns. she the regen in her passive is way overpowered. I think you should take the stun off her dash. Her passive and R give her a bunch of free stats,
Hekate (NA)
: Umbris | The Midnight Walker
is his w work with wards? if it does then think of something that wont give knowledge of where enemy wards are.
destos (NA)
: [Champion Concept] Xir'Neth the Incorporeal
how about for his W you can pass through terrain and have a slight mov speed bonus when moving towards an enemy
: (Champion Concept) Azel, the Rite Master
with a kit so focused around lane minions how will he be useful in late game fights that will be in areas that will not have any wells.
Hawnda (NA)
: I disagree. Zilean has one of the lowest pick rates for a reason. He has plenty of issues with his current kit and is probably the only champion with one damaging ability. (Yet he's classified secondarily as a mage) This would be fine if his kit offered a lot of utility, **but it doesn't**. I've explained a lot of my problems with Zilean in the OP but I'll restate them. Zilean's current innate passive is next to non-existent. It really needs to go. Landing a single bomb is difficult enough, not to mention landing *two*. The delay on the bomb exists for no other purpose than to just delay and feels extremely punishing when you miss your intended target. His signature ability Rewind (W) takes up space in his kit yet only affects his two other basic spells. It exists for none other than the double bomb gimmick, which I don't really find fun or satisfying. Why? I mean, landing a double bomb *should* be satisfying, but Zilean has no follow up. Time Warp is without a doubt weaker than the older form. In its current state, it's alright, but could be better. Chronoshift, on the other hand, is the ability I love most about his kit. It's thematic and feels very satisfying when used right. My only problem is that it requires your ally to be aware of what it does and when it wears off. So let me ask you, why do you think Zilean is fine as he is?
I agree with you his kit is so under loaded. His W made sense when it worked on his ult but they took that away.
: Jinx and Vi's sisters: Hex and Ivy
ItsTobias (OCE)
: Champion Concept
I think that this kit is a little overloaded.
: Teen Wolf?
just what I was thinking
: @Riot, can you please answer this skin question?
she is just a really old champion. I am just happy that I got her best skin(noxious). She wont receive a new skin until her rework which she is next for. Hopefully you can buy some of her older skins once it comes out
: [Champion Concept] Pul - The lost creation
I dislike her passive it could be more interesting and could tie into the rest of her kit. I am assuming that she would be played as a support. she dose not read a a lost creation she just seems like a girl who's whole kit revolves around wards. could her ward be something else. Like a hextec minion that she could move around that would provide vision interact with her abilities and not be killed. that would be more interesting to me. :3
: Whatever the BIG Lore Reveal for the Bilgewater event is, it's not going to be worth it
: Yorick Rework Concept
would it be interesting if he had a Rengar type resource bar to manage his minions
: Linox the Mapmaker [ New Champion Concept ]
I think that this champ could use some archetypes. is he a sup is he ap. will he have cc or just utility.
Asul (NA)
: Master Chef Tahm Kench too vibrant?
I would like to think that this skin is inspired from a koi fish. from the splash it seams like there is an Asian theme. I like the vibrant orange.
Show more

0112358fib

Level 77 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion