Rioter Comments
: I Need Daniel Context
Unless someone was holding a gun to DZK's head and telling him to shit-talk Riot's paying customers, he fully deserved to be fired. He had full control of everything he posted, was told NOT to address anyone regarding the PAX debacle, and chose to do it anyway. I have 0 sympathy for him.
Rioter Comments
: What was their reaction when you told them about it?
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LpZO4JY4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-05T15:38:15.052+0000) > > What was their reaction when you told them about it? Just "sounds like someone's getting fired" and "eh, that sounds pretty shitty" when I told him that the company supported DZK. Being that he hasn't been a member of the League community, I doubt he feels as strongly as I do. Honestly, if he wants to try it out, good on him, but I'm never touching this cesspool of a game again. Stopped spending months ago and drastically tapered off my playing because of the shitty "change things for the fuck of it and for LC$ views" game design philosophy and for champions like Zoe, and this was the final nail in the coffin for me.
Rioter Comments
Arammus (EUW)
: uhm... did i miss something? whats so bad about sea lion? seriously wtf?
> [{quoted}](name=Arammus,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5p8l09u,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:26:00.649+0000) > > uhm... did i miss something? whats so bad about sea lion? seriously wtf? It's an accusation that someone isn't actually trying to argue, but just troll. It's basically a way to dismiss any attempt to argue. Daniel Z. Klein told someone who was trying to argue with him to fuck off and go sea lion somewhere else.
: I MADE IT TO SILVER V
Congratulations, man! Great job!
: Can I get a link to riots twitch Channel please?
> [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5p8l09u,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-09-02T20:47:15.197+0000) > > Can I get a link to riots twitch Channel please? https://www.twitch.tv/riotgames
Rioter Comments
: All the negativity on the boards got you down? Here are 10 images of baby Walruses to cheer you up!
Rioter Comments
: Daniel Z. Klein posts all this hate from his personal account and does not represent Riot as a whole. though they should definitely fire or at least punish him for his behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=King Braum,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nEgEfBxL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-01T23:25:58.437+0000) > > Daniel Z. Klein posts all this hate from his personal account and does not represent Riot as a whole. though they should definitely fire or at least punish him for his behavior. This would be buyable if he didn't also use the account for things related to Riot.
: Yas's dash goes a fixed distance. Once you learn the patterns, hitting him gets pretty reliable.
So essentially you are saying to use 2 skillshots to hit him with one, whicb for the most part gets nullified by his shield.
: So just shove the wave and wait til mid game? Xerath is a siege champion anyways. There’s more to the game than laning.
: > The "She's really 1,000 years old!" thing has been used as a half-assed way to justify lolis in other media. It's a piss poor excuse. That annoys me to. I love Fire emblem but I am getting so sick of that cop out.
Nowi is absolutely fucking disgusting, and I am absolutely appalled that her blatantly sexualized design was signed off on.
: >His shield passive (which you'd need to use an AA to proc, which is risky since how bs is Yasuo in lane) >Enjoy poking him when in fact it's just wasting your mana And then you´re reminded Xerath has an AA-based mana restore passive every 12 seconds. And the amount of mana restored is doubled against enemy champions.
Mana which you can't use for anything meaningful against Yasuo as long as he has an E key.
: playing against yas as xerath really isnt too bad since the only thing he can block is your e and you can just poke him down with q by predicting his movement if hes a decent yas or just hitting him if he doesnt know what hes doing
: You do have a point, although you went too far towards the "Evil greedy rito" side of the argument, instead of towards "He makes fun champions" side. Also, Xerath should stomp a Yas in lane. Sure, he can dodge with E...But that requires being on top of your minions, and nearly everything of yours ignores his W. Also also, the difference between Annie and Zoe is that Annie is *actually* 12, while Zoe just *looks* 12. Besides, I don't think you *could* have made a good pool party skin for Annie, it just doesn't mesh well with her at all. The only "fun" she has is the deranged kind, while Zoe is much more...carefree.
> Also, Xerath should stomp a Yas in lane. Sure, he can dodge with E...But that requires being on top of your minions, and nearly everything of yours ignores his W. So remind me what part of the matchup makes being on top of your minions a problem for Yasuo? The "She's really 1,000 years old!" thing has been used as a half-assed way to justify lolis in other media. It's a piss poor excuse.
Rioter Comments
Kei143 (NA)
: Due to this being related to the pro's actions, it should go into the esports section. If you are talking about regular behavior for the commoners, it is not against the rules to ban OTP champs. It's a dick move, but banning an ally's hovered champ alone not a punishable offense.
Deliberately doing so while trying to pass of as another player, linking to their twitter, while trying to justify yourself by saying you're just helping your teammates improving? There is absolutely no justification for that behavior, and the players should be held accountable.
Rioter Comments
: Heh and they equally suffer.
Which is the best part - they would actually experience how bad their changes are. Sure, they'd still make terrible choices, but at least they would have a tiny bit of perspective.
: I love this meme, but don't know what it's called...
Expanding Brain http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/expanding-brain
: Remove Infernal Dragons
The big problem with infernal is that dealing more damage in teamfights is ALWAYS useful. Moving faster, more out-of-combat regen when low, and more damage to objectives are all more situational than more damage.
Rioter Comments
: Lucian has been in the gutter for months. And he didn't get a single buff. He only looks to be strong because crit ADCs were nerfed but non-crit ADCs are as they have always been. It's posts like these that make Ezreal being the shittiest ADC in the game and deal the same damage as wet noodle
I'm not quite sure what you mean - I agree that Lucian has been in the gutter for months. My point is that Riot is literally nerfing him the instant he becomes viable, like they have in the past.
Wacky9 (NA)
: Not only is pumping blood against gravity difficult (hence why most animals have elevated hearts) but it also must be close to the lungs so it can be easily oxygenated. Therefore the heart must be in the human body, as the horse cannot breath using its ass.
> [{quoted}](name=Wacky9,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8gqAghow,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2018-06-23T16:40:32.723+0000) > > Not only is pumping blood against gravity difficult (hence why most animals have elevated hearts) but it also must be close to the lungs so it can be easily oxygenated. Therefore the heart must be in the human body, as the horse cannot breath using its ass. You say that like you've never heard anyone talking out of their ass.
: > [{quoted}](name=1 800 GGTOOEZ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8gqAghow,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-22T17:47:08.357+0000) > > Say what you want. Do centaurs have 2 sets of rib cages?
Rioter Comments
: I never said otherwise. I'm saying don't hide the fact behind pretty lies which is what my original reply was about. Do you random people flock to my threads for no reason just to fuck around with me? Also, on a more elaborate note, the reputation of the people making skins gets hurt pretty badly when they use dirty, shallow tactics to earn a bigger paycheck. If every skin looked like a character from a mobile game then you wouldn't wonder why noone would buy them as the skins would lose 90% of their appeal for that 10% they were going for. It's about cohesion not just a small part of the splash art that is otherwise terrible and doesn't fit the character. Look at Gun Goddess Miss Fortune. Big tits and bad girl atittude - the slutty side Miss Fortune is known for, yet i haven't seen that skin after the patch it was released on because that skin has no flavor to it. She looks sexy, and that is all. The thematic is out of place and it's underwhelming in general, without any specialty to it outside of switching costumes that all look the same really.
Just because some people feel the need to value signal, doesn't mean that it's a dirty, shallow tactic. It's just as legitimate a tactic as throwing a character in any other outfit which doesn't make sense for them.
: Lucian's not just "viable", he's literally one of the only ADCs worth playing atm alongside Ezreal and Kai'sa (MF is arguably up there as well).
ER literally just got nerfed. This guy has literally gotten nothing but huge nerfs and the occasional token buff for a long time.
: It was used figuratively, to bring across the point that the characters don't "give" skins as in they don't walk around in bikinis out of nowhere, so we can buy those skins. It's Riot who does that with obvious goals in mind. Irelia is not a character who flaunts like this considering she is a very dignified and an honorable person without the requirement for attention whoring. It's just a business tactic at the cost of character. Don't pretend it has anything to do with "confidence" when even the people who say that don't believe it.
Literally every skin is a business tactic at the cost of character, especially legendary skins. Get over it.
Rioter Comments
: Yeah, yeah. Except that this is a video game, characters get skins because the minds at Riot want to make money. This kind of crappy excuse can be used for every skin ever made. The characters themselves have no personalities. It's the people who wrote a fairy tale to justify their existence. That self confidence excuse is the shittiest excuse anyone could make because it's just a crappy lie to hide the truth. People are horny animals and want pleasure for their money. No wonder most of the Internet is comprised of porn. Don't ever give me that insulting response as if anybody pretending to believe it actually does.
So if the whole point of wearing a bikini is to show off your slutty side, but characters don't have personalities... then what slutty side can they show off? :thinking:
Rioter Comments
: {{champion:18}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:266}}
{{champion:268}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:112}}
Aubig (NA)
: So sick of rotating game modes. MAKE URF STANDARD
> [{quoted}](name=Aubig,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iRXHbWG0,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-28T11:58:39.928+0000) >Does Riot really think they're gonna lose a lot of ranked players to the scary, dreaded evils of URF? Riot actually has the statistics to show that this is exactly the case - the playerbase drops drastically after URF goes on for a while.
Infernape (EUW)
: The boards' software does it automatically. If you were to type fággot without the accent, it would change to %%%%%%. Anyway the "n word" is so overused it has lost all meaning and impact as an offensive word. It's used too colloquially and frequently for it to be an insult nowadays imo Sincerely, another black guy.
I wouldn't say that. I don't think it's a word that people should be throwing around casually. However, I don't find it offensive in this context.
: I think the problem is more that the two words, both of which offend certain groups, were treated differently. Had the been a space added between both letters to sneak it in, or symbols put in both I don't think it would have gotten the same reaction. Equality and all that jazz.
: Riot's design choices aid in making this game even more toxic than it already is.
So true about matching players on streaks. It's why I can't be assed to play past gold anymore when I used to get plat in the previous seasons - I just don't have the time or the patience to grind out the hundreds or so games I need to deal with bullshit matchmaking while dealing with people who will flame or troll just because you didn't gank their lane. I pretty much only play ranked to hit gold and otherwise play normals exclusively with friends - no solo queue normals, not worth playing without at least one person you're on the same wavelength as. If Riot were in charge of matching up football teams, they would match a team of 5 high school players against 3 high school players, Tom Brady, and a paraplegic turtle.
Squiidy (NA)
: Don't use the n-word in a post. Its unbecoming, and shows the same ignorance that you are complaining about. You realized you should use special characters for one word, but not this racial slur. You hipocracy is not appreciated. Sincerely, A black man who enjoys league.
I'm a black man who enjoys League and see no problem as long as it is purely verbatim for demonstrative purposes.
Rioter Comments
Lleajy (EUW)
: Beside crits and drakes, what is random ?
KZ Engel (NA)
: they dont care about keeping the pros interested, they care about keeping the spectators interested
Which is a damn shame, because RNG is one of the laziest ways to make people add variety to strategies. It's a lot easier than actually balancing things and giving teams multiple ways to do things, though... I guess.
KZ Engel (NA)
: LC$
Which is incredibly ironic, considering that RNG makes the game less competitive.
: > [{quoted}](name=DominosThot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=krE1XBYT,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-17T02:18:14.545+0000) > > RNG should be avoided as much as possible in games like this i beg to differ
I don't see how a game which wants to be regarded as a serious competitive sport benefits from having so many random elements in play.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=1 800 GGTOOEZ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=egLenZMF,comment-id=0013000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-23T23:33:19.973+0000) > > https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-724-notes > > Karthus > > R ratio increased. > > Losing Deathfire Touch has hurt Karthus' overall teamfight damage and he doesn't have a solid replacement. As such, he just needs a bit more oomph. > > R - Requiem > DAMAGE RATIO 0.6 ability power ⇒ 0.75 ability power Oh i remember this now. Not sure what this has to do with new AP itemisation tho. Also, they gave him his buffs as a result of the new runes, as per your demonstration. I don't see how this argument is relevant then. > Try again. He lost a lot of power from the changes. first off, i dont understand not appreciate the unneeded and unjustified hostility. I play a LOT of Karthus . it would be very easy for me to just ask for buffs but im just not that kind of person. if i feel he is in a good spot, im gonna say he is in a good spot. Sorry to say. Second. how does showing that he got compensation buffs prove he lost a lot of power and needs to be adjusted as a result? If anythign, its a self defeating argument.
It shows that you're completely wrong in saying that Karthus was improved as a result of the changes. He definitely was not, his winrate plummeted, and he needed a buff to compensate. Even then, a .15 AP ratio increase has not been enough to bring Karthus to where he was before, considering that the state of the game has been constantly changing since his release to make his kit less effective. What you want to tell me is that a .15 AP ratio increase is enough to bring Karthus in line with every other recently reworked or released champion, who all have one, if not more, skills in their kit to deny Karthus in lane or in teamfights. You don't have anything you can do to outplay those champions as Karthus, except land more Qs, which, as previously mentioned, becomes harder with extra mobility new champions get.
Show more

1 800 GGTOOEZ

Level 48 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion