Godogan (NA)
: Azir bug with Morde Ult
I'd like to point out that it's not just his soldiers. Azir simply can't damage Morde with any ability when ulted. I'm not sure about basic attacks, but I know Q, W, E, and R do no damage to Mordekaiser. As an Azir OTP, I just ban Morde now. This bug cost me too many fights already.
: Can I get lower than 60ms using VPN?
Pretty much the only way to reduce ping is move closer, or transmit the electrical signals through the wires more efficiently and more directly to Riot's servers. Since you're not able to do the latter on your own, your only real option is to move closer. That said, 60ms is not that bad. It's noticeable and a pain in the ass if you're coming from Korea or Illinois, but the vast majority of us on NA play at around 50ms, so you're not at much of a disadvantage.
: Veteran Player Who Still Cannot Perform in League of Legends
It's entirely possible that since you're playing at a low level, you're not getting punished for some serious mistakes and thus think it's the right move when in reality, if you were doing that same move in say, D3+, it would NEVER work because they know how to punish it hard. That's paraphrased from an LS video and not from personal experience, so don't take that as me saying I'm better than you or something because I'm probably not. The best course of action here is to get a mid-high diamond (or above) coach who will sit down and walk you through what you're doing right and also what you're doing wrong. Just google lolcoaching and you'll find a website with plenty of free high elo coaches - Some of which specialize by role or champion, some are more "all-around." EDIT: Turns out the website I was thinking of merged with some other nonsense and they no longer offer freebies. :( I still say coaching is your best shot and I'm sure you can find free coaches with some web searching.
Rioter Comments
: If you die 3 times in a row, you should be worth 0 gold.
How badly do you want Sion to be extremely contested in Solo Queue?
: Why is my mmr so low?
Dodging doesn't effect your MMR. That's something worth keeping in mind. In terms of why it's low, I couldn't tell you.
: Not everyone want to be a heal bot. Soraka has 2 damaging abilities. also ap gives heals more pwoer than those heal buffs
> [{quoted}](name=Neozeketho,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1koMvsVU,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-10-24T21:01:32.931+0000) > > also ap gives heals more pwoer than those heal buffs And yet, you still refuse to build AP. If you don't want to be a heal bot, don't play Soraka.
: @RIOT Problems with the game from a shitty silvers perspective.
You say "team comps matter" and "top lane is cancer" then proceed to play troll shit like AD Soraka top. Are you even trying? I ask that as honestly and sincerely as I can. Are you even considering any of the factors that go into ANYTHING you just said other than "Not everything works and that makes me angry?" Soraka's AP ratios are low because she has items that literally amplify healing and shield power. You don't need ratios when the items you build give you 10% more healing or shielding each. Her ratios aren't even that low. You just refuse to build AP or support items for some reason.
: Games will be the same length, but with a shorter mid-late game and longer laning phase
S9 meta, at least preseason, is going to be "Whatever champion can perma-shove the wave soonest and most efficiently." Sivir, Malzahar, and Yorick come to mind. (Maybe there's something that can shove better than Yorick in top lane. My top lane knowledge is lacking.) I'm not sure late-game champions will be obsolete because a lot of their laning phase is just perma-shoving the wave to prevent interaction in the early game as much as possible.
: What does Azir take?
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vJbL5ydZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-18T23:07:27.527+0000) > This logic right here always confused me, why does it never go the other way, why can’t said players just not flame? We wouldn't *need* to not flame if people learned to ignore/mute
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vJbL5ydZ,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-10-19T00:40:24.010+0000) > > We wouldn't *need* to not flame if people learned to ignore/mute Having the ability to cancel out an action does not make the original action okay. This is like saying people wouldn't *need* to not shoot people if they learned to just walk around with bullet proof vests. I wouldn't *need* to play my music quietly at night if my neighbors would simply wear earplugs to bed.
: This is kind of an extreme scenario. Why not have your kids be involved in a music of sports program to spend their free time or heaven forbid actually spend time with them yourselves? Why is it online addiction or drug addiction and nothing in between the only choices? Being a viruoso at an online game is not a good thing if you are sacrificing sleep/friendship/relationship/work/study/exercise/etc. to make time for those games and I guarantee you that most people in Gold or above have done just that. This is a typical poor counter argument where you pull an extreme example of something even worse to justify an addiction. It's like the guy hooked on booze saying it's better than being hooked on meth.
> [{quoted}](name=PapaGreg21,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uPZYJ2IZ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-17T19:12:06.645+0000) > > This is kind of an extreme scenario. Why not have your kids be involved in a music of sports program to spend their free time or heaven forbid actually spend time with them yourselves? Why is it online addiction or drug addiction and nothing in between the only choices? Being a viruoso at an online game is not a good thing if you are sacrificing sleep/friendship/relationship/work/study/exercise/etc. to make time for those games and I guarantee you that most people in Gold or above have done just that. This is a typical poor counter argument where you pull an extreme example of something even worse to justify an addiction. It's like the guy hooked on booze saying it's better than being hooked on meth. Okay, I would STILL rather my kids be involved with something they like doing over something they don't. Not everyone likes sports. Not everyone wants to play an instrument. Also, almost everyone who is a master of their craft has made huge sacrifices somewhere. Extremely good musicians miss out on a social life, sleep, schooling, etc. Athletes do, also. Prestigious scientists miss out on these things, minus the school aspect.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: To be completely honest, this would be the first time I heard of **Tourette** Syndrom affecting written language. I'm by no means an expert, but it seems weird to me that what is essentially a tic would cause the precise finger movements required to not only type out a word but then also hit enter. Paired with the fact that Riot doesn't even punish for swear words as long as they are not directed at other people I have to say that I'm a bit sceptical. Edit: Also, if you want to so blatantly lie about having a disease you cannot even spell correctly, you might want to make sure that you didn't very recently write a post in another thread that very directly contradicts what you said. > [{quoted}](name=KilledWithIgnite,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=13NTn97A,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-17T09:24:55.030+0000) > > Riot usually gives very little information about their bans. The reason is they wont backtrack on a auto-issued penalty. When a penalty is given by the system that's proof enough. It's like a god with no party that punishes both those who side with him and those who try to bring him down. > > p.s. ive been chat restricted fro asking the enemy team to report someone. That was a "direct threat to your teammate" (no swar words, fucks ecc. used) So which is it? Are you being punished without using swear words, or are you punished for inadvertently using swear words?
I didn't want to say it. I'm glad someone did. If OP is lying to get his way, it's a pretty disgusting way to do it.
: Turret's syndrome and bans
I believe AutoHotkey allows you to unbind your enter button. There is no way to do it in the game settings, or even the game files IIRC, which is how people used to create obscure keybinds such as attack move on left click before it was implemented in the client itself.
: List of overrated vs underrated college majors
What's STEM or non-STEM? I'm planning on majoring in music. I just love it. Although, I'm not entirely sure yet what I want to do with it. Need to do more research in that particular area.
: Insane Nunu Glitch Cost Me My Lane
Yeah. It happened to me for some wonky level 2 cheese. "Oh. Nunu is at raptors. I'm safe for 2 more sec- *BONK* Oh..."
: I'm garbage at this game.
Farm better, die less. You die a LOT in all of your games. Even the ones you win. Your CS is also really bad - Especially on your most recent champion, Kayle. You cannot play Kayle and only get 4-5 CS/minute. Mordekaiser is a little more lenient in this particular area, but hyperscaling champions like Kayle will never do anything of value in a game if you're only getting 4-5 CS/m. You're also putting yourself at a serious disadvantage by not taking Flash. It's even worse considering the champion you don't take Flash on is an immobile melee champion. I'm not going to pretend I'm a pro on Mordekaiser or top lane, but not taking SOMETHING for mobility (Flash or Ghost) is something I would laugh at if I were against it, even if it wasn't my lane opponent. You're making yourself essentially a free kill to whoever wants to come to your lane unless you have ZERO lane pressure and literally are sitting under your turret every game. At that point, you're making things harder for everyone on your team because your laner is free to roam wherever he wants with little to no punishment. Pick one champion that you enjoy, and stick to it as much as possible. It's not impossible to climb if you're playing a bunch of different champions, but different champions require different mechanics, and you have game fundamentals that you need to focus on in every game, rather than trying to juggle 5 or 6 different champions' unique mechanics. While not impossible, you're making climbing in rank and getting better at the game harder than it needs to be by doing so. If there's one way to consistently win at your ELO, it's to absorb as much pressure as you can WITHOUT DYING. This means taking getting consistently camped by the enemy jungler, mid laner, or whoever else and not dying to it. Just wasting their time and in turn, allowing THEIR lane opponents (Your teammates) to do whatever the hell they want in that lane. Take turret, get free farm, get vision, or whatever. There's one thing you can rely on your teammates for at low ELO - Making mistakes. Absorbing pressure assures that they can make as many mistakes as they want without actually putting your team at a disadvantage. Are you going to get a 100% win rate this way? Nope. Are you going to have a winrate above 50% and therefore, climb in rank? Definitely.
Ætheist (NA)
: How do you counter Int Sion?
: Its sad thinking that you think doing something you like is wasting your life. The general consensus in life is that you should be out drinking with strangers doing the most destructive things possible to your life and society. All so you can meet a women, have some kids, get divorced, rip your inner self to to shreds, Raise disturbed kids who will repeat this process as your life choices drain money from the government and tax our economy.... Pretty much sums up the general population now.
> [{quoted}](name=KamakaziGumiBear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uPZYJ2IZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-16T10:24:31.347+0000) > > Its sad thinking that you think doing something you like is wasting your life. The general consensus in life is that you should be out drinking with strangers doing the most destructive things possible to your life and society. All so you can meet a women, have some kids, get divorced, rip your inner self to to shreds, Raise disturbed kids who will repeat this process as your life choices drain money from the government and tax our economy.... Pretty much sums up the general population now. This. IF I ever have kids, I'd rather them be glued to a chair in front of a computer screen over out with friends getting addicted to shit that can kill them. Neither is particularly healthy and both have some serious downfalls, but if both scenarios are taken to the absolute extreme, I'd much rather see kids and young adults have a serious addiction to WoW or LoL than meth or heroin. By the mindset of the OP, being a virtuoso at *anything* is not a good thing.
: An Overused Item: Corrupting Potion
Corrupting Potion is fine. It's the mastery that makes it a great start for virtually any champ in any matchup.
: The Cost of Failure: Does League's Design Discourage Champion Interaction?
I only want to touch on one of your points here: Multiplicative cost of failure. Losing objectives and key fights suck, but something that Riot and we as players need to take into consideration is low ELO play. If these situations weren't very snowball-y in high tiers and pro play, Bronze and Silver games would take FOREVER. Like it or not, Bronze and Silver tiers takes up slightly less than 2/3 of the entire playerbase, so this is definitely something that needs to be taken into consideration. There's already a noticeable discrepancy in game time between high and low ELO, and while I'd like to see my games last longer and pros be more willing to take risks in their games, I also understand why the game has to be this way in order for low ELO game times to be as healthy as possible.
: > [{quoted}](name=1 800 MID LANE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TJsA7Gjg,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-10T12:07:49.983+0000) > > It makes his ult impossible to dodge unless you use your mobility BEFORE his dash is finished, and in the cases of most mages, that mobility is flash. Being forced to blow flash on a basic ability or else succumb to several seconds of hard CC (that isn't even mitigated by tenacity and can't be cleansed) is not fair at all when taking into account the rest of his kit. The only champions that can chain CC in a similar way are melee tanks that don't have hyper-carry damage late game. > > The W charge on turrets would be weird. You can already spam soldiers to get extra attack speed for siege, so adding that passive back in would be kind of counterintuitive. I feel like most players would opt for the bonus attack speed anyway, because it gives you a means of escape or a way to fight whereas using charges on the turret would give turret damage and leave you as a sitting duck. 1. Jax. And to say that it's unfair because of flash is the fault of flash existing at all and being treated as if it's fair when many champions lack mobility. You can't say it's unfair for a champion to have two forms of cc (that aren't several seconds, you're a liar), because some champs are immobile. 2. No, no it wouldn't. And you don't get "extra" attack speed, you still get less than he used to with his old kit even, but have to blow three soldiers to get it.
Jax has 1 form of CC that can be cleansed and is reduced by tenacity, and his stun is insanely telegraphed. Azir's knockup on E is not anywhere near as telegraphed. It's not unfair for a champion to have 2 forms of CC (which would result in multiple seconds worth of CC), but it's unfair when that champion has all the other stuff in his kit AND that CC is a double knockup.
: > [{quoted}](name=Blyted,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TJsA7Gjg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-10T05:26:01.317+0000) > > That knock up needs to never come back. Care to support that stance somehow?
It makes his ult impossible to dodge unless you use your mobility BEFORE his dash is finished, and in the cases of most mages, that mobility is flash. Being forced to blow flash on a basic ability or else succumb to several seconds of hard CC (that isn't even mitigated by tenacity and can't be cleansed) is not fair at all when taking into account the rest of his kit. The only champions that can chain CC in a similar way are melee tanks that don't have hyper-carry damage late game. The W charge on turrets would be weird. You can already spam soldiers to get extra attack speed for siege, so adding that passive back in would be kind of counterintuitive. I feel like most players would opt for the bonus attack speed anyway, because it gives you a means of escape or a way to fight whereas using charges on the turret would give turret damage and leave you as a sitting duck.
: Imagine if ohmwrecker was a cheap, single use item like stopwatch.
: Which missions are considered the "hidden" ones?
rs531 (NA)
: Why am i in a game with fucking bronzes on my team in my S5 promos
The difference between Bronze and Silver level players is so negligible, I wouldn't mind having B1 players in my promos to G5. Hell, even the skill gap between Bronze and Gold players is pretty small. You're complaining about practically nothing.
Rioter Comments
N63 (NA)
: When People Say Ahri Takes Skill
Where on earth are you getting the idea that she does 400+ true damage in 1 ability? Even at full build, the total damage before resistances would barely hit 400 and only half of that is true damage.
: I'm allowed to be OP because I'm "melee"
: You can't win this game unless you have a decent crit build ADC
12 deaths is never justified. All you did was feed the enemy team a shitload of shutdown gold.
: True Damage Becoming Overused?
Ryze has true damage on his Q on PBE currently.
Luralin (NA)
: Why does death metal exist
Could literally copy/paste this and change it to any genre and sound like the stereotypical person who dislikes "X-genre." "I don't like it so it's talentless/soulless/bland/etc."
: Will we ever get a utility item that summons a companion that follows you around?
Want companions that follow you? Play Bard. I'm not sorry. E: Okay, maybe a little sorry.
: Okay so Im trying to pickup ap assassins.
Where are you getting the idea that Lich Bane is supposed to be the AP Phantom Dancer?
: How is Vlad in a bad spot??? like???
Literally no one said he was in a bad spot. LS even ranked him as S-tier across the board on his most recent tier list.
: > [{quoted}](name=1 800 MID LANE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qsVTgEyz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-24T21:43:25.759+0000) > > Interesting tidbit: Azir's soldiers will continue to dance even after Azir himself stops dancing since the mini-rework. It did that pre-rework too.
: Zed should have the same thing as azir
Interesting tidbit: Azir's soldiers will continue to dance even after Azir himself stops dancing since the mini-rework.
: So basically all champs that have shots like syndra take comet and with almost the General midlane aery?
If you're against something with spam-y mobility like Ekko, Katarina, or LeBlanc, Aery is better because they'll just dodge Comet constantly. Comet is better against champions with little-to-no mobility like Syndra, Vel'Koz, or Orianna because it scales much better as the game goes on and those champions won't be able to dodge as many.
: bronze is hard to carry :( too hard
Push towers. You don't win from fighting. You win from taking towers. There are multiple TFs here that you won and took nothing after.
: What is th best key stone for azir
Aery for early game and against mobility, Comet for everything else.
CLG ear (NA)
: Removing Net Neutrality is literally giving companies the option to screw their customers even more
The people who are against net neutrality are the same people that click ad banners that say "Warning! Your computer is infected!"
Wuks (NA)
: Thank you, Boards Community. (& smol giveaway - Concluded!)
: The hell are you thankful for GD?
I'm thankful Summon Aery got nerfed.
: Is this community ready for an openly lgbt character?
I think there could be issues with doing it. It would be pretty easy for Riot to release an openly LGBT champ and someone out there start bitching about how it's making fun of the LGBT community, even if that was not the case. That's my personal fear of it anyway.
: New Cassiopeia nerf
Cass' E has a small fraction of the cooldown Annie's Q does. They didn't nerf it because the last hitting was a problem. They nerfed it because Cass was rushing a defensive item and having little to no tradeoff in terms of damage. I think it was something like -4 damage by building mask instead of RoA and getting a shitload of MR on top of it. Now before any argument of "Well, Annie could essentially build the same thing and not lose out on much damage..." Well, yeah, she can, but she also stops dealing damage for a significant period of time while her CDs are down. Cass doesn't have to stop. Cass stops when she dies or runs out of mana. Annie has 1 rotation every few seconds. Cass spams E every .5 (?) seconds. Annie can blow 1 person up before she has to wait for CDs. Cass can just keep going. All while the enemy Taliyah is doing pretty minimal damage in return.
Baí (NA)
: LF someone to help me to get to at least G2 tonight, G3 rn
Hey! I'm part of the gaming clan Damage Incorporated and you'd be able to find people across all sorts of different ELOs to play ranked or norms with in LoL and a bunch of other games when you don't feel like playing League! Add me in-game if you'd like to know more. :) 1 800 MID LANE
iSindra (NA)
: NA Gold5 Mid laner LF DUO
Hey! I'm part of the gaming clan Damage Incorporated and you'd be able to find people across all sorts of different ELOs to play ranked or norms with in LoL and a bunch of other games when you don't feel like playing League! Add me in-game if you'd like to know more. :) 1 800 MID LANE
: Looking for team for flex, I'm Silver 4 in solo/duo but bronze 5 in Flex.
Luxray (NA)
: Invite me for Flex.
: LF Friends/Team
Show more

1 800 MID LANE

Level 289 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion