: Dear Riot: Fix the jungle
I have been a jg main for years now and am not going to jg main this season after the changes. It is simply disheartening to play extremely well only to be lvl 5 while everyone else is lvl 6. That is if you don't get drg because that gives you no xp. I deal with a lot of bs that riot throws at me when I am simply trying to enjoy myself but this one is just too much. I am going top from now on and play a tank with pure tank gear and just one shot everyone. That is what riot wants, so be it.
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=k2GE8PY0,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-10T23:38:05.769+0000) > > It was a discussion. And I did not say Riot had any reason to do such, but that it was being done. I did not say they had any master plan or anything, no reason to do so, but was emphasizing the significance of what was going on by defining the current state of matchmaking. It simply is just that bad currently. I just played 2 games prior to responding here, > > One that pitted a 3 man team vs my team of randoms. A clear and huge unfair advantage. And the next one, a Gold 1 on the enemy team vs the highest rank on my team was silver 2. Another hugely unfair advantage. This goes both ways as well, these were just the newest examples. I also get the ridiculous advantage on my side some games as well, and it is not fun either way. > > In talking a team in premade, just now, they also experienced excessive bad matchmaking. We all do. Saying it in this way is appropriate. It has been begged and pleaded and said in so many other ways. I have been playing for many years and watch it just get worse and worse. > > The definition of cheating, again is "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination." The definition truly fits these scenarios. I know Riot is against cheating and I wanted to bring to light how out of control this system is, to fit this definition. This needs to be discussed and not deleted, covered up, dismissed, or tagged as something it is not. Again, that does not belong in Player Behavior. If you want to discuss matchmaking and how it can be fixed, Gameplay or General Discussion is more appropriate. If you wish to express frustration about matchmaking, Rant is more appropriate. This is not a matter of a cover up -- we're not even Rioters, we're volunteers -- this is merely a matter of a thread not adhering to the sub-board guidelines.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=k2GE8PY0,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2019-04-11T00:21:02.840+0000) > > Again, that does not belong in Player Behavior. If you want to discuss matchmaking and how it can be fixed, Gameplay or General Discussion is more appropriate. If you wish to express frustration about matchmaking, Rant is more appropriate. > > This is not a matter of a cover up -- we're not even Rioters, we're volunteers -- this is merely a matter of a thread not adhering to the sub-board guidelines. Thank you, to me this is constructive feedback I can agree with. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to talk through this issue.
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=k2GE8PY0,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-10T23:38:05.769+0000) > > It was a discussion. And I did not say Riot had any reason to do such, but that it was being done. I did not say they had any master plan or anything, no reason to do so, but was emphasizing the significance of what was going on by defining the current state of matchmaking. It simply is just that bad currently. I just played 2 games prior to responding here, I read your post three times and, honestly, I still have no idea what you were trying to say. Are you claiming that Riot has bad matchmaking on purpose? If so, that's an exceptional claim, which should generally come with ample proof. > One that pitted a 3 man team vs my team of randoms. A clear and huge unfair advantage. And the next one, a Gold 1 on the enemy team vs the highest rank on my team was silver 2. Another hugely unfair advantage. This goes both ways as well, these were just the newest examples. I also get the ridiculous advantage on my side some games as well, and it is not fun either way. I looked at your history and you seem to play a lot of draft normals. The MMR there is different from ranked. > The definition of cheating, again is "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination." The definition truly fits these scenarios. I know Riot is against cheating and I wanted to bring to light how out of control this system is, to fit this definition. This needs to be discussed and not deleted, covered up, dismissed, or tagged as something it is not. You still haven't made clear what advantage or benefit Riot gains by such "cheating". Regardless, you post did not meet the posting guidelines for Player Behavior. I might suggest RANT or perhaps GD.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=k2GE8PY0,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-04-10T23:45:35.225+0000) > > I read your post three times and, honestly, I still have no idea what you were trying to say. Are you claiming that Riot has bad matchmaking on purpose? If so, that's an exceptional claim, which should generally come with ample proof. > > > I looked at your history and you seem to play a lot of draft normals. The MMR there is different from ranked. > > You still haven't made clear what advantage or benefit Riot gains by such "cheating". Regardless, you post did not meet the posting guidelines for Player Behavior. I might suggest RANT or perhaps GD. It is clear you responded without reading what you were responding to here. First bracket I specifically say I never accused Riot of anything, and fully explain myself. Then you threateningly accuse me of such... Second bracket I am talking about matchmaking period. I do not know how it works, not sure if you do either. I only want it fixed and explained my view. Third bracket, you again, completely don't read, and accuse me yet again. Read the first bracket. I explain myself completely. I seriously do not know what is happening here anymore. I give up. I learned long ago you cannot have a discussion when one side is either defensive or close minded. I am not sure if it is either of those or something else but we are not discussing here. I am just being attacked.
: Your thread was hot garbage lol.
> [{quoted}](name=A Bad Nasus,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=k2GE8PY0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-10T23:05:45.904+0000) > > Your thread was hot garbage lol. This is the kind of things that should be moderated. This is only meant to be hurtful.
Jikker (NA)
: Your thread was not solely about matchmaking -- you were accusing Riot of "cheating" because of the way matchmaking works and asking that they ban themselves. The title of your thread was "**Riot is in violation of their own policies and should be banned.**" It was _not_ "stating that League has bad matchmaking" as you claim. Per the updated guidelines for Player Behavior, we do not permit threads that are meant to start conspiracies or require mental gymnastics to understand. Player Behavior is for helping players with understanding their violations and working on reform, along with general discussion of the rules of League of Legends. It is not for creating threads that attempt to stretch the notion of matchmaking into a violation of the Terms of Use. I will also note that it was removed without a warning or mark against your account. EDIT: As this thread was bumped by someone other than the OP and the issue the OP brought up has been addressed, I am going to lock this down as a necro.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=k2GE8PY0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-10T22:54:33.996+0000) > > Your thread was not solely about matchmaking -- you were accusing Riot of "cheating" because of the way matchmaking works and asking that they ban themselves. The title of your thread was "**Riot is in violation of their own policies and should be banned.**" It was _not_ "stating that League has bad matchmaking" as you claim. > > Per the updated guidelines for Player Behavior, we do not permit threads that are meant to start conspiracies or require mental gymnastics to understand. Player Behavior is for helping players with understanding their violations and working on reform, along with general discussion of the rules of League of Legends. It is not for creating threads that attempt to stretch the notion of matchmaking into a violation of the Terms of Use. > > I will also note that it was removed without a warning or mark against your account. It was a discussion. And I did not say Riot had any reason to do such, but that it was being done. I did not say they had any master plan or anything, no reason to do so, but was emphasizing the significance of what was going on by defining the current state of matchmaking. It simply is just that bad currently. I just played 2 games prior to responding here, One that pitted a 3 man team vs my team of randoms. A clear and huge unfair advantage. And the next one, a Gold 1 on the enemy team vs the highest rank on my team was silver 2. Another hugely unfair advantage. This goes both ways as well, these were just the newest examples. I also get the ridiculous advantage on my side some games as well, and it is not fun either way. In talking a team in premade, just now, they also experienced excessive bad matchmaking. We all do. Saying it in this way is appropriate. It has been begged and pleaded and said in so many other ways. I have been playing for many years and watch it just get worse and worse. The definition of cheating, again is "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination." The definition truly fits these scenarios. I know Riot is against cheating and I wanted to bring to light how out of control this system is, to fit this definition. This needs to be discussed and not deleted, covered up, dismissed, or tagged as something it is not.
Rioter Comments
: The existence of armor and kiting as well as CC. He has no gapcloser and a SINGLE TARGET slow is meaningless against 5 people.
> [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RVNdPNsa,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-02-12T13:56:20.422+0000) > > The existence of armor and kiting as well as CC. > > He has no gapcloser and a SINGLE TARGET slow is meaningless against 5 people. Flash and passive super speed...
xAcidik (NA)
: He's a weak teamfighter. He's a strong duelist, of course, because he's balanced as a 1v1 splitpusher. In teamfights, there's so very little the poor guy can do.
> [{quoted}](name=xAcidik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RVNdPNsa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-12T01:28:18.813+0000) > > He's a weak teamfighter. He's a strong duelist, of course, because he's balanced as a 1v1 splitpusher. In teamfights, there's so very little the poor guy can do. I disagree. He can 2 shot any dmg target and wither the priority targets so the rest of the team can kill them. His cds are incredibly low and he doesnt even need to build armor to be able to tank 6 consecutive tower hits like nothing while fighting. 1v1 is not even worth attempting for anyone if his ult is up. Even if you shut him down early, all he needs do is find a single large wave and he is able to 2 shot and squishies.
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lv1y1Aag,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-22T11:43:47.186+0000) > > Just stop playing Darius. I am not forcing you to play him. Not a big deal if you are bad at him man. Calm down. I dont main Darius. I play against him often. On top lane i main Shen. If i get early lead and get TIamat, Tabi and Bami Cinder before he can complete Black Cleaver lane is over. I wont let him farm, i will dive and kill him under tower. Darius is hard to beat when even, but with the smallest lead against him, its over for him.
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lv1y1Aag,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-22T12:03:06.112+0000) > > I dont main Darius. I play against him often. On top lane i main Shen. If i get early lead and get TIamat, Tabi and Bami Cinder before he can complete Black Cleaver lane is over. I wont let him farm, i will dive and kill him under tower. Darius is hard to beat when even, but with the smallest lead against him, its over for him. not suprising, Shen's a flippin' ninja.
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lv1y1Aag,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-21T15:55:17.848+0000) > > Lol, I see now you have never even played Darius. He has everything and more than what you say he doesnt. He has everything? Whats everything? He has no mobility. If he falls behind his damage wont be relevant. He can easily be kited. He has no ranged abilities. He has no hard CC. Tell me, what can Darius do if he falls behind? If he only have 1 item compared to enemy have 2-3? If he builds Black Cleaver he wont have any armor or magic resistance. If he is forced to build tank items because he is losing lane he wont have any damage. Also i dont see any Darius games in your looong match history. So you are talking out of your ass or what? You never played him since u start playing game.
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lv1y1Aag,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-21T16:02:54.974+0000) > > He has everything? > > Whats everything? He has no mobility. If he falls behind his damage wont be relevant. He can easily be kited. He has no ranged abilities. He has no hard CC. > > Tell me, what can Darius do if he falls behind? If he only have 1 item compared to enemy have 2-3? If he builds Black Cleaver he wont have any armor or magic resistance. If he is forced to build tank items because he is losing lane he wont have any damage. > > Also i dont see any Darius games in your looong match history. So you are talking out of your ass or what? You never played him since u start playing game. Just stop playing Darius. I am not forcing you to play him. Not a big deal if you are bad at him man. Calm down.
Ao Shïn (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Ao Shïn,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2dLK3IWP,comment-id=00050001000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-21T17:06:08.168+0000) > > [DELETED CONTENT REMOVED BY MODERATION] Chermorg, where are you for this one?
Mannny (NA)
: Playing the game out is no longer a good strategy
Objectives only seem to help the enemy team. I can get 5 dragons and be 20 kills ahead then still die 1v1 with a 0 kill nasus
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lv1y1Aag,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-04-21T15:46:58.404+0000) > > Maybe you cant, but every other Darius can. Yes, champion without any mobility, without any hard cc, without any way to get to a target, while behind can kill someone... Darius is all about laning phase. If he loses laning phase game is over for him.
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lv1y1Aag,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-21T15:52:35.971+0000) > > Yes, champion without any mobility, without any hard cc, without any way to get to a target, while behind can kill someone... Lol, I see now you have never even played Darius. He has everything and more than what you say he doesnt.
: Balance over skill.
I am with you. This crap happened because people were bitching about how "snowbally" league is. So they took away lead advantage, item impact, and just made it so any team can win at any time with the right plays, meaning champion scaling is all that matters. I can't even tab out and base my chances of winning off what items people have anymore. I hate league today.
Rioter Comments
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lv1y1Aag,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-21T15:36:02.872+0000) > > I hate shutting down a Darius or Nasus only to have them suddenly be able to kill you with half the cs and 6 kills behind. This game just does not reward effort. Darius cant do that. Darius doesnt scale very well and is horrible when behind.
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lv1y1Aag,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-21T15:43:24.758+0000) > > Darius cant do that. Darius doesnt scale very well and is horrible when behind. Maybe you cant, but every other Darius can.
: If you can create a skin, what would you do ?
I would mainly want all new animations. The whole package. And something like a guille suit skin for Master Yi. That would be sweet lol.
: How to deal with that type of players ?
> [{quoted}](name=ValiantKiller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zmFxwmaW,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-20T10:01:10.915+0000) > > I was playing jg and i was doing decent job in early game, i give that twitch a handle of lead by helping him to kill bot lane and get first tower while our top garen was doing good job in zoning daruis and such. > > Anyway after level 11 twitch and garen start to trash talk to me all game thinking both of them going to carry, i muted them and moved on so i tried to farm my jg but i found nothing and that cause both of twitch and garen take each camp and clear it even garen took my blue for himself. > > So ofcourse by the time everyone was level 18 i was level 15 and hardly got 4 items because they ate all of my farm and while in same time they was still trash talk and even garen asked in all chat "Report that toxic wukong " While both of my mid and support can confirm that i said nothing at all almost all game. > > After that we lost game cause we all was ad and i mostly was complete out of game due to level difference and items difference. > > Honestly such players won't get banned and i reported them, but i know they won't get banned so i deal with such players ? Nothing you can do. These are the types of games Riot wants you to experience. Or... actually they were hoping you would defend yourself so they could say, "you should just ignore them, you can only control your behavior, two wrongs don't make a right, etc..." so we are keeping your account banned. Learn from this. God I hate them right now lol
JuIy (OCE)
: Thank you LoL for Six Consecutive Seasons, but now Im Done.
I hate shutting down a Darius or Nasus only to have them suddenly be able to kill you with half the cs and 6 kills behind. This game just does not reward effort.
: I got so upset...
> [{quoted}](name=Bright Claws,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B4BlBJ52,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-21T09:26:08.175+0000) > > I literally choked up and started crying in tears in the middle of a match when I had just realize what had happened to me. I was to the point that I felt so useless like I couldn't do any thing any more. Like I was being held down by infinite exhaust and I couldn't even focus on the game. > > So I made a video tribute to it. So long my swiftest friend. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcz9UQhYOQY&feature=youtu.be > > I can no longer enjoy Ahri the way I used to. We have to fight against this rework team. They are so not with it that it blows my mind. Almost like they never played league or any moba before they got hired. I try to see what they invision but the silver lining does not exist. They nerf Ahri, yet look at the newest champs, Kai sa and irelia. More mobility than ever! It is just chaos and I hope they bring someone in to put them in line.
: Wonderful example of a broken feedback system
I agree with you Chompy. This bull shit needs to stop.
Shockal (OCE)
: Saying the abbreviation 'kys'
You deserve your ban. Riot punishment system has 0 flaws.
Proxy345 (NA)
: Water has officially become food!
I will be at the race handing them to you. Don't tell anyone I pooped but didn't wash my hands though, the brown capsule is just the flavoring -,<
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=a6igBaVH,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-04-20T11:10:48.103+0000) > > He never said letting feelings out was behaving over the top cultural wise, but just simply letting people know how you feel. When I said "let rip" I really just mean express frustration in general. It doesn't matter how severely you do it, the only factor that matters is how people receive it. > &quot;That was a bad play,&quot; &quot;How can you all be 0 6 0 while I am 5 0 3?,&quot; &quot;Are you inting?, please stop.&quot; &quot;This is the worst game I have ever played.&quot; Or even &quot;you all are the worst team I have ever had.&quot; > > None of these above phrases are allowed anymore, but they are very mild and should be to simply communicate frustration. I agree that in some contexts they are mild, but in some contexts they are used to be passive aggressive against teammates. Hence why Riot simply doesn't allow it at all. This is why we can't have nice things, because some people fuck it up for the rest of us by misusing such language to harass others. > I know you are a believer of forcing your beliefs on others but not everyone is the same as you. I'm not forcing anything, I'm giving advice. Shove off. > Not everyone can express themselves in the same way. Culture is huge here and completely overlooked in league but it is the key seperator in all of these behavioral lines they are creating. In my culture it is not in my place to make others feel good sbout themselves. Not even a little. But it is also not acceptable to verbally hurt people by spouting lies or excessive truths. I'm not saying you should coddle people in order to make them feel good. I'm saying you should do it because it makes them more likely to listen or cooperate when you make calls or give play advice. > Really, watch the news. A lot of the horrible things happening are due to being forced to restrain all of your emotions. In the past someone spit on you, you smash their face into the wall. Now they spit on you, you are not allowed do anything other than ask for help. This is not normal human behavior. Pick up and read any history book to find out how we are supposed to naturally behave. Nowadays if someone spit on me I'd still smash them. So would a lot of people. Real world actions are not the same as shit-talking over the internet. It's basic human behavior, if someone does something and you give them attention for it then they're going to do it more. That means arguing back only encourages a flamer to do it more. You can't equate real world to online because it is very different.
Only response is to the last part. I hear a lot of people talk like the internet is not "the real world." I do not understand this mentality. I am here, I am alive, and what I am writing is very real and really effects a real person. Maybe my viewpoint is unusual but to me it is like you just said, "The color red on your shirt is real, but the color red on that computer screen is not." Not seeing online as real.... Such an odd concept but now thinking about it I think many people see it the same as you.
: With the availability of earplugs, I should be able to shout "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HpBMtjkj,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-04-20T16:56:49.781+0000) > > With the availability of earplugs, I should be able to shout &quot;Fire!&quot; in a crowded movie theater. Lol that is a ridiculous comparison.
: > [{quoted}](name=THAPaNzEE1,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9yWkOo66,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-04-17T22:29:51.290+0000) > > dude im handicapped I have tourette&#x27;s syndrome an I have already told them about it an I had my care giver talk to them for me an they told me I shouldn&#x27;t be playing the game like someone with disabilities isn&#x27;t allowed to play there game Companies are supposed to make *reasonable* accommodations for disabilities. Allowing someone to break the rules or create unsafe conditions for themselves or others due to their diasability is not reasonable.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9yWkOo66,comment-id=000900000001,timestamp=2018-04-18T11:07:20.983+0000) > > Companies are supposed to make *reasonable* accommodations for disabilities. Allowing someone to break the rules or create unsafe conditions for themselves or others due to their diasability is not reasonable. How is chatting unsafe? LOL. The things you people come up with
: this is what i got permanently ban for unreal
Annoying yes, but annoying SHOULD NEVER BE BAN WORTHY. I hate the state of this game.
: It's 2018 and my teammates are softer than bread.
The games just nerve wrecking now. With mute options you should 100% be able to be verbally negative. The biggest issue is actual game effecting feeding, inting, afk, the old follow the jg around and last hit mobs move. Those are the only actions that should be punishable. I have watch this anti "toxic" action go from legit to now just plain silly. Any offensive action is called toxic. Personally, I feel this entire action is set up by the trolls. This gives them so much power and potential to destroy and harm people with passive agressive bs. I just plain despise what league is today.
: I uninstalled League of Legends today: A Sincere Thank You to Riot & the Community
> [{quoted}](name=Psychicgammarays,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3ZPvg2LY,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-20T08:30:22.931+0000) > > ... and most other games on my pc. > ######(this is not a &amp;#039;league is dying&amp;#039; post &amp;amp; comments of the like are not welcome here) > I&amp;#039;ll be 30 this year. > > I live with anxiety and depression. What started out as a hobby to help me escape reality from time to time became a very real addiction through my teens and young adulthood. And when I&amp;#039;m at my worst, my gaming addiction helps enforce my willingness to hide away from the world for days or weeks at a time without taking care of myself physically or mentally. The last two to three weeks have been really good for me, and in an effort to keep up the positivity, and to continue to embrace the outside world, I uninstalled League. > > I actually cried a little bit. I truly believe the healthiest thing is for me to say goodbye to any game that I&amp;#039;ve spent more than 1000 hours on, such as LoL. But it&amp;#039;s still really hard to actually go through with it. I genuinely love the game. With the exception of seasons 1 and 7, I held watch parties every year for Worlds. I&amp;#039;ve cosplayed, painted fanart, and met some of the coolest people I know through League. It has been a huge part of my identity for years. > > This is a change that I want for myself. I don&amp;#039;t want to use gaming as a crutch or as an unhealthy distraction from dealing with life. But major changes like this are hard and scary and I will miss it like an addict misses their cigarettes. > > I think League of Legends is an incredible game. I wish I didn&amp;#039;t have such an addictive personality and that I could handle a gaming hobby without it becoming toxic to my mental health. I think of the years when I had little other than League to focus on and I am grateful for the creative teams behind the game. I think of my friends and the amazing content creators inspired by League throughout the years and I&amp;#039;m sure I will continue to enjoy the lore and the magic behind Runeterra. Thank you Riot for creating a game and a world I could escape to when I needed it most. But now it is time for me to retire from the game. > > I suppose this written farewell is for my own closure. To help me stick to my decision. > > But to the rest of you... > > Have fun on the Rift. > > {{sticker:sg-soraka}} As long as you are not quitting due to what others tell you and are doing it for yourself. Only you know what is good for you, never let others define norms. Good luck
: I think you're looking at this all wrong. Getting frustrated is normal, and bottling things up inside is generally not good for you, but the alternative is potentially worse for you. If you escalate a situation because you let rip, you're going to come out of it feeling worse than if you had just bottled it up. But again, that's the wrong way to look at it. You don't have to let things get to the point where there is this dichotomy of either expressing or bottling up frustration. If you start matches off by being nice to teammates and giving them emotional support when things go badly for them, they are going to be a lot less likely to harass you or do things to frustrate you. League is a team game and that means that you need to get your teammates to work together if you want the best chance of winning. So earning their respect by being kind and by complimenting good plays and giving condolences when plays go badly, you will be able to win their loyalty so that they listen when you need to give them advice like, "if you ward river you will be able to see the next gank coming and avoid it." Or, "if you stay behind the tank next fight you might be able to get more of your damage off without being attacked." Also it helps to use future tense whenever talking to people about a play. If something happened and it went badly, talking in the past tense will just make them think you're blaming them, which will escalate things even if you didn't intend it to. Instead focus on the future by talking about what can be done next time to hopefully avoid the problems that just happened. Anyway those are my thoughts off the top of my head for now. Let me know if you want to discuss this further it's an interesting subject.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=a6igBaVH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-19T23:43:17.351+0000) > > I think you&#x27;re looking at this all wrong. Getting frustrated is normal, and bottling things up inside is generally not good for you, but the alternative is potentially worse for you. If you escalate a situation because you let rip, you&#x27;re going to come out of it feeling worse than if you had just bottled it up. > > But again, that&#x27;s the wrong way to look at it. You don&#x27;t have to let things get to the point where there is this dichotomy of either expressing or bottling up frustration. If you start matches off by being nice to teammates and giving them emotional support when things go badly for them, they are going to be a lot less likely to harass you or do things to frustrate you. > > League is a team game and that means that you need to get your teammates to work together if you want the best chance of winning. So earning their respect by being kind and by complimenting good plays and giving condolences when plays go badly, you will be able to win their loyalty so that they listen when you need to give them advice like, &quot;if you ward river you will be able to see the next gank coming and avoid it.&quot; Or, &quot;if you stay behind the tank next fight you might be able to get more of your damage off without being attacked.&quot; > > Also it helps to use future tense whenever talking to people about a play. If something happened and it went badly, talking in the past tense will just make them think you&#x27;re blaming them, which will escalate things even if you didn&#x27;t intend it to. Instead focus on the future by talking about what can be done next time to hopefully avoid the problems that just happened. > > Anyway those are my thoughts off the top of my head for now. Let me know if you want to discuss this further it&#x27;s an interesting subject. He never said letting feelings out was behaving over the top cultural wise, but just simply letting people know how you feel. "That was a bad play," "How can you all be 0 6 0 while I am 5 0 3?," "Are you inting?, please stop." "This is the worst game I have ever played." Or even "you all are the worst team I have ever had." None of these above phrases are allowed anymore, but they are very mild and should be to simply communicate frustration. I know you are a believer of forcing your beliefs on others but not everyone is the same as you. Not everyone can express themselves in the same way. Culture is huge here and completely overlooked in league but it is the key seperator in all of these behavioral lines they are creating. In my culture it is not in my place to make others feel good sbout themselves. Not even a little. But it is also not acceptable to verbally hurt people by spouting lies or excessive truths. Really, watch the news. A lot of the horrible things happening are due to being forced to restrain all of your emotions. In the past someone spit on you, you smash their face into the wall. Now they spit on you, you are not allowed do anything other than ask for help. This is not normal human behavior. Pick up and read any history book to find out how we are supposed to naturally behave.
iDemacia (NA)
: Devourer was fun, but I'd rather have AP Yi back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
> [{quoted}](name=Dirt 6 Scrublord,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Up4lRGmr,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-04-20T00:25:04.880+0000) > > Devourer was fun, but I&#x27;d rather have AP Yi back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) For sure! I am actually extra mad they put that to an end when they make AD or AP Kai' Sa...
: Fair vs. Fun
It must be fair to itself to be fun. Follow the holy triad. Heavily punish mistakes. People today just think "fair" means whatever champion they like can own everyone with no effort, and balance means every champion(tank,mage,assasin,support, etc...) does equal dmg and has equal defense no matter how much cs or kills they have.
: How about bringing back junglers to...well, Jungle?
Just bring back devourer please.
Bodabott (NA)
: Where does a fresh Ranked 7W-3L Placement usually put someone?
> [{quoted}](name=Bodabott,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RUz3oExK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-18T18:21:31.853+0000) > > I&amp;#039;m currently sitting at 6W-3L and I&amp;#039;m on my last Placement match so I was curious. My first time, bronze 5. But that was years ago. Today I have seen people 5 5 and still get silver 5. So I would say s5 for sure, if you are like me b3 then.
Xonra (NA)
: You are either clueless to the game state or are just trying to cause drama to start an argument because this is so clearly wrong. Mages are good at clearing waves and HELPING to make plays in other lanes. Mid laners like Zed can carry, but most mages can't actually carry. They facilitate adcs to carry, sort of like others have said, like a secondary support. It is annoying because people that play mid didn't sign up to just be support number 2 with more waveclear and gold. When mid lane mages have been so unimpressive this season people have been able to SAFELY run Sion mid, you know they've lost some agency. Also, jungle clears are not slow, which is another reason I think you are just trolling to even say something like that, or again, you have no idea what you are talking about in the literal sense. That is factually and unarguably not the truth. Also also, they gave mages a bit more damage to towers, they aren't by any means suddenly able to just take down towers. If you played mid lane or any mage you would know that. Rarely if ever does a mage that isn't Ziggs put any meaningful damage on a tower without jungle help or bot lane tower going first and an adc moving mid to help.
> [{quoted}](name=Xonra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aglk4GVE,comment-id=000b0001,timestamp=2018-04-19T16:25:08.723+0000) > > You are either clueless to the game state or are just trying to cause drama to start an argument because this is so clearly wrong. > > Mages are good at clearing waves and HELPING to make plays in other lanes. Mid laners like Zed can carry, but most mages can&#x27;t actually carry. They facilitate adcs to carry, sort of like others have said, like a secondary support. It is annoying because people that play mid didn&#x27;t sign up to just be support number 2 with more waveclear and gold. > > When mid lane mages have been so unimpressive this season people have been able to SAFELY run Sion mid, you know they&#x27;ve lost some agency. > > Also, jungle clears are not slow, which is another reason I think you are just trolling to even say something like that, or again, you have no idea what you are talking about in the literal sense. That is factually and unarguably not the truth. Also also, they gave mages a bit more damage to towers, they aren&#x27;t by any means suddenly able to just take down towers. If you played mid lane or any mage you would know that. Rarely if ever does a mage that isn&#x27;t Ziggs put any meaningful damage on a tower without jungle help or bot lane tower going first and an adc moving mid to help. You are one attacking me buddy. I disagree completely with everything you have said. I looked into your match history and noticed you do not play meta mages. A discussion about meta is a whole different topic than requiring you to have a shred of mana conservation. It will always be tough to carry if you play off meta, that has nothing to do with mana conservation in general. I play jg and it would be like me trying to carry with elise right now, not going to happen. And again, mana conservation for or against will have no impact on this fact.
: Adding on to what KempyreanPirate said, cases where someone actually didn't do anything wrong when they got a ban are *incredibly* rare, and are usually one of the following kinds of problems: * Someone said a zero-tolerance phrase, but was baited into it ("say kys kys or I feed", "what's the british word for cigarette") and reported. _(Note to those who might think this is a good idea: Don't do this. If you get caught, and it's very easy to get caught, you will lose your account immediately)_ * A scripting/botting suspension when the account was compromised (reversed quickly upon review) * One single time where someone got a ban intended for someone else due to nearly identical player names Bans for toxic chat use a type of chat filter, so unless left becomes right, up becomes down, and a three letter word somehow gets mangled into "kys" server side (the amount of memory and checksum errors that would have to happen for this to be a thing are astronomical - buy a lottery ticket, the odds are better), those suspensions are legit. It's almost become a meme on this board for people to be presumed lying when they don't provide the chatlogs from their ban message, because there's *always* something they're not letting on without them. Show me all these chatlogs of these falsely banned players, and then we can talk about how the system is supposedly broken.
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2dLK3IWP,comment-id=000500010000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-19T14:44:57.133+0000) > > Adding on to what KempyreanPirate said, cases where someone actually didn&#x27;t do anything wrong when they got a ban are *incredibly* rare, and are usually one of the following kinds of problems: > > * Someone said a zero-tolerance phrase, but was baited into it (&quot;say kys kys or I feed&quot;, &quot;what&#x27;s the british word for cigarette&quot;) and reported. _(Note to those who might think this is a good idea: Don&#x27;t do this. If you get caught, and it&#x27;s very easy to get caught, you will lose your account immediately)_ > > * A scripting/botting suspension when the account was compromised (reversed quickly upon review) > > * One single time where someone got a ban intended for someone else due to nearly identical player names > > Bans for toxic chat use a type of chat filter, so unless left becomes right, up becomes down, and a three letter word somehow gets mangled into &quot;kys&quot; server side (the amount of memory and checksum errors that would have to happen for this to be a thing are astronomical - buy a lottery ticket, the odds are better), those suspensions are legit. > > It&#x27;s almost become a meme on this board for people to be presumed lying when they don&#x27;t provide the chatlogs from their ban message, because there&#x27;s *always* something they&#x27;re not letting on without them. Show me all these chatlogs of these falsely banned players, and then we can talk about how the system is supposedly broken. First, lets get over this "link all the threads here proving your point because I don't feel like looking into it myself stuff." If you care to find some false positive report threads, easiest thing to do is look for the behavior threads Riot has responded to. They exist and are easy to find. Now that we have that set aside lets discuss. I am refering only to false reports in regards to chat. I do not know anything about the other two you mentioned. Now think about what I am about to say. We both agree false bans happen, however rarely they occur. It does happen. I am going to guess we both know how bans and lowered honor happens, not by 1 single report but by many, unless they are those key zero tolerance words. And last, we know the report system is predominantly reviewed by a program and not manually. Which means it looks for whatever algorithms it was programmed to. My original statement that started all this was simply that "false reports do matter." in response to it being said they don't. Nothing more. Just that one statement. Now, it has been proven, evidence is right here in these boards. That false bans based off this programs misunderstanding of use of zero tolerance words do in fact happen, aka false reports. I do not see it logical to assume that the program does not make mistakes and doc points off lesser infractions on a daily basis. Aka, false reports do happen, and do effect honor since "positive negative reports" do effect honor. In summary, false reports DO effect honor.
: ... you're *also* blindly defending people when you haven't seen the actual game chats and reports. That goes both ways. Only Riot has all the info, and while that may frustrate you or seem unfair, it doesn't change the facts. You can't actually absolve the people on the Boards who are claiming they were "falsely" banned. Without seeing the whole story, it's simply not possible to say it was a false ban.
> [{quoted}](name=KempyreanPirate,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2dLK3IWP,comment-id=000500010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-19T14:33:32.608+0000) > > ... you're *also* blindly defending people when you haven't seen the actual game chats and reports. That goes both ways. Only Riot has all the info, and while that may frustrate you or seem unfair, it doesn't change the facts. You can't actually absolve the people on the Boards who are claiming they were "falsely" banned. Without seeing the whole story, it's simply not possible to say it was a false ban. Oh wow, you are a member of Riot and respond in this manner!? So toxic. You didn't even read what I had wrote, this is a pure toxic emotional response here. You should be ashamed. Lets go with facts here Mr. Slander. First off where did I say I was defending anyone? I have not in this post. Nothing I mentioned was "blindly" stated. The cases I was refering to in fact exist on these boards and in fact were resolved and deemed false by your bosses. It is all in print, nothing is made up Mr. Rude. If you truley care to educate yourself, and not simply be a toxic participant on the boards, I suggest you take the time, as I did, and unobjectivly read through some cases. I know even acknowledging someone like yourself is just feeding you, but seeing as how you hold a position of power in this company I didn't feel it right just letting you unjustifiably talk down and belittle people. I have screen shotted this conversation and suggest you begin thinking before you act. And even if I was just spewing nonsense and none of my statements were backed up by facts, which I assure you they are, you still have NO RIGHT to speak to someone as you have.
: You.. you realize you're talking to the guy who designed that system, right? False reports do nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2dLK3IWP,comment-id=0005000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-19T13:51:54.910+0000) > > You.. you realize you&#x27;re talking to the guy who designed that system, right? > > False reports do nothing. Yea, that is why I sent it to him. To let him know that we all know je is lying. Look at all the people who are posting on here getting banned for repeating what someone wrote. All of these are false reports, yet they are all banned awaiting manual reviews. These insta bannable manual reviews are the only ones going on. Do you seriously think there arent a million more less offensive false reports occuring with thier flawed system that never get manual reviews, that we never even knew occured? Come on now, quit blindly defending complete proven nonsense.
: "I was surprised by the amount of negative discussion around the mana changes personally" -Penguin
> [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aglk4GVE,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-19T10:16:15.170+0000) > > Wanna know why mages are pissed about the mana changes and why Mages only afk farm the lane? > > The answer is quite simple really, BECAUSE THATS ALL WE CAN DO IN THIS META. > > If we try anything that resembles fighting our laner the jungler will just pop out and gank us. Their fast and healthy clears allow them to apply a lot more pressure in lanes then any other seasons. > > We feel like secondary support rather than a carry because bot lane has much more influence and its better to just farm up and help support them instead of trying to be a Mid lane Carry. > > Our damage is less, the enemy has more options to counter build us, more reliant on mana, and do less to objectives. > > With that being said the mana changes are not bad in itself. What is bad is that you are not addressing Botlane and Junglers first but instead Mages when it should be &amp;quot;Fix botlane&amp;#039;s power and Jungle pressure, then nerf mages mana&amp;quot;. That&amp;#039;s what everyone is pissed about. Nerfing Mana is not gonna suddenly cause assassins to be used more in competitive play, they still do not have the utility mages do to support bot lane, the only carries. > > Edit: The reason why the mana band changes were more accepting is because ADCs were abusing them too, get the pattern? You are 100% not making any sense. Mage mid is currently the best carry. Jg clears are slow, mid hit 6 before jg, you all have cc, one landed combo is death, they gave mages the ability to take down towers, etc... etc...
Sasogwa (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qBJARJz5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-19T11:16:33.866+0000) > > Uhhh, because that is what they state they do.... They stated otherwise and said they balance around ~plat elo but not proplay except for outlier picks. And that they consider low elo pubstombers as well and they don't want those to be overpowered.
> [{quoted}](name=Sasogwa,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qBJARJz5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-19T11:24:30.200+0000) > > They stated otherwise and said they balance around ~plat elo but not proplay except for outlier picks. And that they consider low elo pubstombers as well and they don&#x27;t want those to be overpowered. Link where this was said. They just stated they balance around LCS on the trackers knife patch, so season 8.
: > I don't want to be punished by a premade all reporting me for no reason to lower my honor. That doesn't happen. False reports have absolutely no effect on your honor. I do see how it would be frustrating not knowing how you are progressing.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2dLK3IWP,comment-id=00050001000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-18T19:31:08.457+0000) > > That doesn&#x27;t happen. False reports have absolutely no effect on your honor. > > I do see how it would be frustrating not knowing how you are progressing. It does though.
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: Every game vs veigar is the worst experience lol can provide
He should still have to kill something with Q to get stacks, this auto stack stuff is bs.
Sasogwa (EUW)
: I don't understand why some people think Riot balances the game around proplay
: "Mages should run out of mana if they cast constantly in long fights"
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LxaKoH7r,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-18T01:05:07.003+0000) > > But ADCs can constantly right click you for 200 damage/second with no drawbacks at all. Mages can do 1500dmg per second though >.> This is the reason mages need to run out of mana. They used to you know and still wrecked everyone as they do now. Mages typically have cc as well, so if they land their combos, without missing, you can 100% kill any adc without any backlash. As they used to. What has changed is that accuracy no long matters. You can duck in and try to full combo anyone 15 times and if you even land your attack 1/15 of those times the adc is dead. He can auto you for a tiny 200 here and there all game, but there is no real danger as long as you do not blow your hard cc. It used to be you could cast your combos around 4x, adc or mage, then you were oom and HAD to back and lose cs. You were rewarded for proper dodging and had times when you could engage and and disengage. Champions were also squishier back then so exchanges were pretty much settled with about 1 fight, who dodged what and used their skills more properly. I wish you could have played back then, you would hate this new league too.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Just Brie,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UKRIwyNJ,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-04-18T04:59:44.938+0000) > > Wood? {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} i was thinking aluminum 5w
> [{quoted}](name=CLØSED,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UKRIwyNJ,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-04-18T05:10:17.873+0000) > > i was thinking aluminum 5w Copper
: > [{quoted}](name=Je suis Rubick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XYjsUeWz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-17T17:21:33.948+0000) > > classic plat elo Quick question, is it that Top laners are now dominating the game in most elo's after the release of Conqueror? Or are they just better in general?
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XYjsUeWz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-17T17:25:01.762+0000) > > Quick question, is it that Top laners are now dominating the game in most elo&#x27;s after the release of Conqueror? Or are they just better in general? Top lane champions are the easiest to play.
Ixoziel (NA)
: This is so stupid. There is no "forced 50% winrate". If you're better than your enemies, you will have higher than 50% winrate. As you climb you face tougher and tougher enemies. Eventually you fight people who are as good as you, hence you win half the time. Is it really that hard to understand? Getting you to a level where you're as good as your team / your opponents is the entire point of matchmaking. It's supposed to ensure that games are fair. If you're winning more than 50%, then clearly you're not at your true elo yet.
> [{quoted}](name=Ixoziel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ceEXkna8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-05T03:39:04.140+0000) > > This is so stupid. There is no &quot;forced 50% winrate&quot;. If you&#x27;re better than your enemies, you will have higher than 50% winrate. As you climb you face tougher and tougher enemies. Eventually you fight people who are as good as you, hence you win half the time. Is it really that hard to understand? > > Getting you to a level where you&#x27;re as good as your team / your opponents is the entire point of matchmaking. It&#x27;s supposed to ensure that games are fair. If you&#x27;re winning more than 50%, then clearly you&#x27;re not at your true elo yet. But there is. Think about the known and released data, champion winrates. When and what target do they adjust these for? Right 50%. This is where Riot feels balance is, 50%. So it makes all the sense in their world to balance with mmr as well as try to avg 50% win rate per team. I gave you a logical factual theory. Give me one to support that they do not do this. My win rate is 67% by the way and I am forced to 2v5 every single game to climb. I live the life. It is unfun and exausting.
: > [{quoted}](name=130x,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Atz3nxwZ,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-17T13:46:17.596+0000) > > Then yea you stand a chance, play over 100 hours a week, watch and study every lcs, grind to challenger, and you may be pro. Thanks for the support man That was sarcasm right? {{sticker:sg-janna}}
> [{quoted}](name=I Only Main ADC,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Atz3nxwZ,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-17T14:00:30.332+0000) > > Thanks for the support man > That was sarcasm right? > {{sticker:sg-janna}} No, that is what is seriously required.
Onotori (NA)
: 54%+ WR, 20%+ pickrate, not one nerf.
Look at her kit, that is the problem. This whole champ concept is troll. Same with Irelia.
Show more

130x

Level 127 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion