: why do i get the feeling all the people complaining about lulu right now are assassin and burst mains who cant stand the thought of someone countering their precious meta
> [{quoted}](name=DoctorFunguy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sjLIWbgz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-03-20T18:43:09.639+0000) > > why do i get the feeling all the people complaining about lulu right now are assassin and burst mains who cant stand the thought of someone countering their precious meta No one is complaining about her, so trying to make "assassins" look bad.
Rioter Comments
: WARNING THIS WILL GET LENGTHY: If you don't like reading words then move on over to twitter, thanks. I agree, ranked is scary. Here's the solution, have fun. Treat it more like a game you are just trying to enjoy. People might get pissed at you for not "treating it seriously," ignore them and enjoy yourself. INTING or harassment is not a valid answer to enjoying yourself. the way ranked is right now, it's setup to need a large amount of games for you to get to your level so don't worry about what people will think of your rank. Besides, wasn't the original goal of ranked to show you where your skill is relative to other people, while placing you in a spot where you can actually play a decent game at your level? I'm guessing that the fear is more of "will I not match up with my expectations of where I should be? Am I just bad?" or is it more of a I like playing but don't like people angry at me if I mess up? Either way playing more will be the only solution to no longer being afraid. Now to make it easier for you to climb once you get past that feeling of fear, 1) Turn off all chat and mute your teammates. You don't need all chat anyways and (with the exception of summoner timers) you don't need your team's chat anyways at this point, it's just going to be to distracting and useless, maybe even tilting for you. The time you spend typing or looking at chat is time not spent watching the mini map for ganks or focusing on enemies and cs. 2) Learn how to ping and rotate effectively, you will probably notice an increase in experience and gold if you do this properly and EXP is as, if not more important than gold in this game. 3) Don't get ganked or caught out, every game you play that you don't get caught out is a game where you take objectives and push for wins (besides enemies TILT HARD in lower elos when you just keep getting away from ganks). Towers are always more important than a random kill in the jungle, unless it leads to you dying or your team getting aced. 4) Always ping your teammates if you see an enemy go over a ward as they might not have seen him besides, they aren't diamond players like you should be. ;) 5) Be mindful at pathing (part of rotating), you can get to fights at the right times, or you can dodge a well placed bush gank if you path properly. 6) Play champions you actually enjoy playing, because you'll have fun and start playing better. Besides, you don't really need to worry about not playing meta champions until high gold and up if you play the match ups/rotations properly and you will because, guess what? You are enjoying playing this champion and have all of a sudden forgot that you were afraid of this game because when you enjoy doing someone you are no longer focused on that fear. 7) In team fights care of wipes and always watch for turn points. Normally lower elos believe they won and they keep chasing and if you can recognize when to turn and if you can than ping it out and go in. 8) Know how your teammates play and adjust accordingly, are they overly aggressive? Well you will need to follow it up or you need to be in a different spot on the map from them and do something to make them dying worthwhile. If you can't do something worthwhile you need it follow it up as they might know something you don't. If neither options are good. (example: riven decided to flash engage 1v5) don't be indecisive and stand nearby watching deciding what to do, pick an option and stick to it until a better one comes along, like, for example: farm as much as you can and pray the game isn't over already. Are they not aggressive enough? Be more careful about committing to fights, as they might just run and leave you to die. you need to factor them in also when you are watching for turning points. 9) For the love of all that is TEEMO, enjoy yourself and I'll see you on the rift. Oh and I typed this on the spot and didn't proof read it so feel free to point out mistakes.
> [{quoted}](name=1nconceivable,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zish0Q6z,comment-id=002e,timestamp=2017-03-20T14:08:39.371+0000) > > WARNING THIS WILL GET LENGTHY: If you don't like reading words then move on over to twitter, thanks. > > I agree, ranked is scary. Here's the solution, have fun. Treat it more like a game you are just trying to enjoy. People might get pissed at you for not "treating it seriously," ignore them and enjoy yourself. INTING or harassment is not a valid answer to enjoying yourself. the way ranked is right now, it's setup to need a large amount of games for you to get to your level so don't worry about what people will think of your rank. Besides, wasn't the original goal of ranked to show you where your skill is relative to other people, while placing you in a spot where you can actually play a decent game at your level? I'm guessing that the fear is more of "will I not match up with my expectations of where I should be? Am I just bad?" or is it more of a I like playing but don't like people angry at me if I mess up? Either way playing more will be the only solution to no longer being afraid. > > Now to make it easier for you to climb once you get past that feeling of fear, > 1) Turn off all chat and mute your teammates. You don't need all chat anyways and (with the exception of summoner timers) you don't need your team's chat anyways at this point, it's just going to be to distracting and useless, maybe even tilting for you. The time you spend typing or looking at chat is time not spent watching the mini map for ganks or focusing on enemies and cs. > > 2) Learn how to ping and rotate effectively, you will probably notice an increase in experience and gold if you do this properly and EXP is as, if not more important than gold in this game. > > 3) Don't get ganked or caught out, every game you play that you don't get caught out is a game where you take objectives and push for wins (besides enemies TILT HARD in lower elos when you just keep getting away from ganks). Towers are always more important than a random kill in the jungle, unless it leads to you dying or your team getting aced. > > 4) Always ping your teammates if you see an enemy go over a ward as they might not have seen him besides, they aren't diamond players like you should be. ;) > > 5) Be mindful at pathing (part of rotating), you can get to fights at the right times, or you can dodge a well placed bush gank if you path properly. > > 6) Play champions you actually enjoy playing, because you'll have fun and start playing better. Besides, you don't really need to worry about not playing meta champions until high gold and up if you play the match ups/rotations properly and you will because, guess what? You are enjoying playing this champion and have all of a sudden forgot that you were afraid of this game because when you enjoy doing someone you are no longer focused on that fear. > > 7) In team fights care of wipes and always watch for turn points. Normally lower elos believe they won and they keep chasing and if you can recognize when to turn and if you can than ping it out and go in. > > 8) Know how your teammates play and adjust accordingly, are they overly aggressive? Well you will need to follow it up or you need to be in a different spot on the map from them and do something to make them dying worthwhile. If you can't do something worthwhile you need it follow it up as they might know something you don't. If neither options are good. (example: riven decided to flash engage 1v5) don't be indecisive and stand nearby watching deciding what to do, pick an option and stick to it until a better one comes along, like, for example: farm as much as you can and pray the game isn't over already. Are they not aggressive enough? Be more careful about committing to fights, as they might just run and leave you to die. you need to factor them in also when you are watching for turning points. > > 9) For the love of all that is TEEMO, enjoy yourself and I'll see you on the rift. > > Oh and I typed this on the spot and didn't proof read it so feel free to point out mistakes. Sorry buddy but this was during the time of dynamic queue. It's much better now.
Elphege (EUW)
: Everyone's complaining about Graves, but Shaco and Ivern are fine?
Graves can be picked into much more team comps than Shaco can. That's why more people are complaining about Graves since they see him in more games.
Rioter Comments
: Toxicity is literally tilting me off this planet
: The shit that Lee sin can do just feels illegal and forbidden by nature
> [{quoted}](name=Yeezy Taught you,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TIPYP46d,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-03-06T19:09:01.900+0000) >I dont bother to play him i will never buy him even if hes good just because i hate this champion that much. Agreed with everything t'ill you wrote this and made me cringe...
: What if we give AD assassins lethality scaling, and balance accordingly?
Good idea man! Riot should seriously respond to this.
: How do you take such horrendous quality screenshots?
> [{quoted}](name=Theorchero,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VHVwJ8y9,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2017-02-26T22:16:17.752+0000) > > How do you take such horrendous quality screenshots? For some reason it came out that way. Next time I will use a different program. Sorry about that man.
Rioter Comments
: Let's do it! I'll add you.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Calad,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=8IUEfPuI,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-02-10T02:35:11.729+0000) > > Let's do it! I'll add you. We need more Rioters like you!{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: Jensen after the first week of LCS
I don't follow the LCS at the moment :/ Could someone please enlighten me :)
: It only makes sense. The red whoosywoosh of the Sweeping Lens synergizes extremely well with the zappy zap whooshywoosh of Viktor's ultimate, creating an extremely powerful 100% winrate unbeatable wooshywoosh combo. No one else in the game can utilize the trinket's wooshywoosh to its full potential.
> [{quoted}](name=SzGamer227,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=kXVah51h,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-01-15T03:47:54.307+0000) > > It only makes sense. > > The red whoosywoosh of the Sweeping Lens synergizes extremely well with the zappy zap whooshywoosh of Viktor's ultimate, creating an extremely powerful 100% winrate unbeatable wooshywoosh combo. No one else in the game can utilize the trinket's wooshywoosh to its full potential. Thank you for making my day
Deftones (EUW)
: The new Zz'Rot feels like a wasted item slot now...
Why did they do this? It was in such a good spot...
: Place your bets how long until they remove it for "lack of interest!"
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=K7N08A9e,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-01-11T05:59:06.167+0000) > > Place your bets how long until they remove it for "lack of interest!" Bet placed
: up voted you to 4
> [{quoted}](name=Two Ply Shakur,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hOBYv9LY,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-26T19:54:51.335+0000) > > up voted you to 4 Or did you downvote from 5 to 4?
: Assassins have too much of an easy time getting to a carry
@Akali is SO HOT you forgot to put /s at the end...
Nostormo (EUNE)
: Some evil person upvotes you all to 5. Gotta take my duty to downvote you all. Dem people without sense of art.
> [{quoted}](name=Nostormo,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7ZtB7E9a,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2016-12-15T22:07:49.397+0000) > > Some evil person upvotes you all to 5. Gotta take my duty to downvote you all. > Dem people without sense of art. AHAHAHHAHHA
Sckullzz (NA)
: Every time I see a post about death recap I always read it as Deathcap...
> [{quoted}](name=Sckullzz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tvnE2p3y,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-12-07T17:49:43.377+0000) > > Every time I see a post about death recap I always read it as Deathcap... Wow only noticed it said Death Recap after reading this.
Rioter Comments
: Please don't queue up for a ranked if you don't have at least 45 minutes.
You taste like salt, but the type of salt that has a good point.
: the worst item in the game
A Riot employee should really look at this.
: Mordekaiser es numero uno!
> [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=0eAq8YR0,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2016-11-30T22:08:21.212+0000) > > Mordekaiser es numero uno! My man!
: Wait that doesn't make sense. They've already proved having flash on D is more beneficial.
> [{quoted}](name=Final Spark Lux,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=0eAq8YR0,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-11-30T22:47:35.740+0000) > > Wait that doesn't make sense. They've already proved having flash on D is more beneficial. F is for flash and heal U is for you and me N is for anywhere and anytime at all Chorus: Down here in the deep blue sea!
: "My teammates made me lose."
> [{quoted}](name=Furor Nexis,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=0eAq8YR0,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-11-30T20:01:39.431+0000) > > "My teammates made me lose." I thought this was universal in all games?
: "and yet graves can't have a cigar"
> [{quoted}](name=AgeOfTheMage,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=0eAq8YR0,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-11-30T20:01:07.038+0000) > > "and yet graves can't have a cigar" HE VAPES!
: Fk you Teemo. Or Teemo Global Taunt
> [{quoted}](name=The Bush Chicken,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=0eAq8YR0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-11-30T19:58:24.652+0000) > > Fk you Teemo. > > Or > > Teemo Global Taunt Someone doesn't like the miniature devil!
: "gank"
> [{quoted}](name=IsmokeOregano,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=0eAq8YR0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-11-30T19:58:51.566+0000) > > "gank" I like this sentence you have here.
Rioter Comments
phil701 (NA)
: How does Sona charge her phone?
Upvote to comment ration is interesting
Rioter Comments
: The best solution for role selection is to make a checkbox for all 5 roles and allow people to queue up for as many roles as they want (at least two up to 5). That way if someone doesn't want to support or can't ADC, you don't have autofill essentially causing low quality games. Which is what is happening right now. Sure we're getting lower "pop" times but there are far more dodges now so overall queue times are at least as long if not longer than before. Not only that but now games are of a much lower quality with people who "can't support" being put into the position. My personal opinion is people who can't play all five roles shouldn't be playing ranked to start with but I digress. The point is as an ADC main, I don't want someone as support who A. Doesn't want to support B. Doesn't know how to support. I'll wait the extra three minutes for a higher quality match instead of getting quick "pops", sitting through multiple dodges and getting a guy who can't support or having to support myself (Even though I'm decent at it).
> [{quoted}](name=OneMustFall,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=N7p8gLE8,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2016-11-29T01:11:18.970+0000) > > The best solution for role selection is to make a checkbox for all 5 roles and allow people to queue up for as many roles as they want (at least two up to 5). That way if someone doesn't want to support or can't ADC, you don't have autofill essentially causing low quality games. > > Which is what is happening right now. Sure we're getting lower "pop" times but there are far more dodges now so overall queue times are at least as long if not longer than before. Not only that but now games are of a much lower quality with people who "can't support" being put into the position. My personal opinion is people who can't play all five roles shouldn't be playing ranked to start with but I digress. > > The point is as an ADC main, I don't want someone as support who A. Doesn't want to support B. Doesn't know how to support. I'll wait the extra three minutes for a higher quality match instead of getting quick "pops", sitting through multiple dodges and getting a guy who can't support or having to support myself (Even though I'm decent at it). This is a great idea!
ItsOrval (NA)
: Good. I am sick of seeing these ap champs with 800 AP while im stuck with 300-400 AD
> [{quoted}](name=ItsOrval,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f1t62h12,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-11-28T13:58:27.960+0000) > > Good. I am sick of seeing these ap champs with 800 AP while im stuck with 300-400 AD You play full ad jayce of course you'd complain about this...
: Shouldn't high-ELO players generally be able to play all the roles to some extent? Maybe not their A game, but at least their B game?
> [{quoted}](name=Darien Juranas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=N7p8gLE8,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2016-11-28T16:14:45.995+0000) > > Shouldn't high-ELO players generally be able to play all the roles to some extent? Maybe not their A game, but at least their B game? Of course but Riot addressed this by saying their queue times were too long (over an hour sometimes) so they decided that autofill would help them. I don't agree or disagree with Riot's decision on high elo autofill mainly because I'm not diamond to challenger, but it would be nice to hear what some high elo players think.
: I personally like it when people who dont support get auto filled into support. It lets them experience the support role and for flamers maybe gives them insight into the role so in the future they will stfu and stop blaming the support for "getting them killed" or basically anything bad that happens in lane. Not saying that is you but just saying people like that are out there are out there. Some people are just not supportable which partly why I stopped queing for support when i was in bronze that and also it got boring because i would support every game and there is always someone that wants you to use only a tank which also led to more bordom because not all supports have to be a tank. But in the end the only way to get better at a role is to play it. If you get auto filled then just tell your team you got auto filled. Tell them you are not that good with the role you got and if no one is willing to trade just do your best. But also this new role select thing kinda hurt the game more than it helped. In the past before this role select you pretty much had to know all roles because you never knew what you would end up with because it went by pick order (unless some jerk decided to troll and demand a role or they would intent feed if they didnt get it)
> [{quoted}](name=jjackson5150,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=N7p8gLE8,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2016-11-28T19:02:40.186+0000) > > I personally like it when people who dont support get auto filled into support. It lets them experience the support role and for flamers maybe gives them insight into the role so in the future they will stfu and stop blaming the support for "getting them killed" or basically anything bad that happens in lane. Not saying that is you but just saying people like that are out there are out there. > > Some people are just not supportable which partly why I stopped queing for support when i was in bronze that and also it got boring because i would support every game and there is always someone that wants you to use only a tank which also led to more bordom because not all supports have to be a tank. > > But in the end the only way to get better at a role is to play it. If you get auto filled then just tell your team you got auto filled. Tell them you are not that good with the role you got and if no one is willing to trade just do your best. But also this new role select thing kinda hurt the game more than it helped. In the past before this role select you pretty much had to know all roles because you never knew what you would end up with because it went by pick order (unless some jerk decided to troll and demand a role or they would intent feed if they didnt get it) This is not how competitive games should work.
: Agreed, I have several accounts spreading from bronze to plat and I never wait more than 3-5 minutes EXCEPT when people dodge
> [{quoted}](name=SGT Dingle Berry,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=N7p8gLE8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-11-28T03:30:58.163+0000) > > Agreed, I have several accounts spreading from bronze to plat and I never wait more than 3-5 minutes EXCEPT when people dodge Exactly it makes sense in higher elo, but there is no need in low elo.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: This is actually in the next update...
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u5Aytq2e,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-11-21T20:19:31.320+0000) > > This is actually in the next update... Awesome, did not see it happy they listened to us.
Rioter Comments
: lol it isnt the 12 yr old that only do that... its the 13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20+ yr olds that do it too
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aAcAkREI,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-09-18T22:44:55.174+0000) > > lol it isnt the 12 yr old that only do that... its the 13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20+ yr olds that do it too that's why he said "no matter their age".
: Did you just assume his role?
> [{quoted}](name=MrFluffyPuffy,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=r18KQBgl,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-09-14T17:45:27.509+0000) > > Did you just assume his role? https://giphy.com/gifs/vk7VesvyZEwuI
: This. Some people like myself would be totally screwed over by this kind of system.
> [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yQZV2NOt,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2016-09-14T20:46:41.276+0000) > > This. > > Some people like myself would be totally screwed over by this kind of system. Can't agree more man.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=ShiishKabob,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=zaxnlZUB,comment-id=0062,timestamp=2016-09-02T22:20:55.819+0000) > > Check my post out. Might be something in there that you can relate to. > > http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/JRaIUtPI-gave-riot-games-money-want-it-back Can you not advertise your link here please.
KAT4R1N4 (NA)
: definitely wrong this dude is stuck in plat v
> [{quoted}](name=KAT4R1N4,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RxJkMAeF,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2016-08-11T21:29:14.158+0000) > > definitely wrong this dude is stuck in plat v Yeah that's what I thought.
1337JMAN (NA)
: This is TSM Bjergsen!
> [{quoted}](name=1337JMAN,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RxJkMAeF,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-08-11T21:19:02.276+0000) > > This is TSM Bjergsen! Maybe I'm wrong
awdaf (NA)
: Please, for the love, restrict the use of new champs in ranked play for the first two weeks
ßoy (NA)
: Although I had a feeling someone had used this before, I didn't steal it from anyone. I guess you could call it an unoriginal original joke.
Hmmm http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/memes/X42qc3Bz-how-to-counter-zed Maybe cause I posted it.
ßoy (NA)
: How to counter zed.
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/memes/X42qc3Bz-how-to-counter-zed Seems familiar.
: There's literally no evidence anywhere that Cait is currently OP. Not her performance in solo Q, not her performance in professional play, nothing at all. Her overall winrate is at an acceptable level. Her winrate amongst her best players is at an acceptable level. Her winrate in competitive play is at an acceptable level. Her playrate in both Solo Q and LCS is at an acceptable level. There's literally no case to be had anywhere that Caitlyn is too strong, let alone a case strong enough to justify nerfing her.
> [{quoted}](name=DunkinNoobs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y2osmbYZ,comment-id=000300060000,timestamp=2016-08-08T16:17:38.661+0000) > > There's literally no evidence anywhere that Cait is currently OP. Not her performance in solo Q, not her performance in professional play, nothing at all. Her overall winrate is at an acceptable level. Her winrate amongst her best players is at an acceptable level. Her winrate in competitive play is at an acceptable level. Her playrate in both Solo Q and LCS is at an acceptable level. There's literally no case to be had anywhere that Caitlyn is too strong, let alone a case strong enough to justify nerfing her. I don't follow her performance, however stating that she was OP in one season does not make state she's in at the moment irrelevant.
Show more

1337JMAN

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion