Zeus xD (EUNE)
: Dear Riot , can you lower Taric R cooldown?
the ult cooldown is fine, if anything its kinda too short. if you're using it off cooldown all the time you're really being too reliant on it. the ult is less an engage tool and more an oh shit button, because any team worth half their salt will see the slow star coming down and just disengage.
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: Crit Item Explorations
I like the ER change no longer being tied to the ultimate, but i'd almost rather have essence flare be an active compared to tied to being able to output burst since that's going to be pretty tricky to proc if you're not already head, and much less reliable than the ult based proc. part of me wants ER to maybe be an energized crit item similar to how runic echoes procs since crit adcs have been hurting for good mana items since the change (not saying a lot of them built it, but right now if you would want mana on jhin the choice between mura and er is a lose lose)
: Regarding Ornn W, I'm hoping that I can provide a bit of some of the reasoning for why we opted to remove it. This wasn't something that was removed trivially as a "oh this guy needs a nerf we should take this away!", and was something that designers on Live Gameplay, Champion, and even off team talked about a ton before making the change. **What we liked about Unstoppable on W:** 1. It provided a satisfying high moment for Ornn when he outsmarted his opponent/s by blocking their cc. 2. It was a unique skill test on a tanks kit that players could master. **What we didn't like:** 1. CC Immunity on a low cd ability meant that windows of engagement were low for his opponents (this may be less of an issue now that the base cd has been increased). 2. You didn't get much in the way of feedback when playing against Ornn when your cc was blocked. At times it could even just feel like a bug, "Why didn't my stun work?" or you just had to accept that a guy walking at you breathing fire was immune to cc (kind of a weird thematic). 3. You were indiscriminately punished for trying to do something to Ornn when he was using his W in most cases. When he used his W, the only realistic counterplay was to not interact with him until the ability/shield/brittle proc had fallen off. You couldn't stop the channel, you couldn't easily sidestep him, he had a shield to soak any of your damage, etc. 4. Unstoppable added another mechanic to an already loaded spell when factoring in the passive. You got damage from the w, damage from the brittle proc, zoning power from brittle even if you didn't proc it, a knockback if you attacked them while brittle, a shield, cc immunity...might be forgetting something. When stacked on top of eachother, it somewhat trivialized the importance of lane phase for Ornn - meaning he was typically able to make it through unscathed, and even if he fell off post lane phase, it meant his opponent had little opportunity to gain or press a lead against him in very the most critical part of the game for them. What it boils down to is that the conversation wasn't about whether the mechanic made Ornn too strong from a performance standpoint, but rather that it led to undesirable gameplay that couldn't really be tuned around or learned. Disclaimer: I'm sure I forgot a plethora of points for both what we liked and what we didn't, but I want to stress that this wasn't a decision that was made lightly. Having a cool mechanic taken away always feels bad, and we try to avoid it as much as possible, but there are some rare times when we believe that it's the right thing to do. There may be a point in time when we can revisit his kit and add some mastery somewhere (or even make his items cooler now that players have more experience with that particular system), but for now he's likely in a reasonable spot for at least some time. What would you guys find cool as a replacement assuming that you couldn't get unstoppable back on his W?
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Nrb6qpge,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-03-15T20:51:39.020+0000) > > Regarding Ornn W, I'm hoping that I can provide a bit of some of the reasoning for why we opted to remove it. This wasn't something that was removed trivially as a "oh this guy needs a nerf we should take this away!", and was something that designers on Live Gameplay, Champion, and even off team talked about a ton before making the change. > > **What we liked about Unstoppable on W:** > 1. It provided a satisfying high moment for Ornn when he outsmarted his opponent/s by blocking their cc. > 2. It was a unique skill test on a tanks kit that players could master. > > **What we didn't like:** > 1. CC Immunity on a low cd ability meant that windows of engagement were low for his opponents (this may be less of an issue now that the base cd has been increased). > 2. You didn't get much in the way of feedback when playing against Ornn when your cc was blocked. At times it could even just feel like a bug, "Why didn't my stun work?" or you just had to accept that a guy walking at you breathing fire was immune to cc (kind of a weird thematic). > 3. You were indiscriminately punished for trying to do something to Ornn when he was using his W in most cases. When he used his W, the only realistic counterplay was to not interact with him until the ability/shield/brittle proc had fallen off. You couldn't stop the channel, you couldn't easily sidestep him, he had a shield to soak any of your damage, etc. > 4. Unstoppable added another mechanic to an already loaded spell when factoring in the passive. You got damage from the w, damage from the brittle proc, zoning power from brittle even if you didn't proc it, a knockback if you attacked them while brittle, a shield, cc immunity...might be forgetting something. When stacked on top of eachother, it somewhat trivialized the importance of lane phase for Ornn - meaning he was typically able to make it through unscathed, and even if he fell off post lane phase, it meant his opponent had little opportunity to gain or press a lead against him in very the most critical part of the game for them. > > What it boils down to is that the conversation wasn't about whether the mechanic made Ornn too strong from a performance standpoint, but rather that it led to undesirable gameplay that couldn't really be tuned around or learned. > > Disclaimer: I'm sure I forgot a plethora of points for both what we liked and what we didn't, but I want to stress that this wasn't a decision that was made lightly. Having a cool mechanic taken away always feels bad, and we try to avoid it as much as possible, but there are some rare times when we believe that it's the right thing to do. There may be a point in time when we can revisit his kit and add some mastery somewhere (or even make his items cooler now that players have more experience with that particular system), but for now he's likely in a reasonable spot for at least some time. > > What would you guys find cool as a replacement assuming that you couldn't get unstoppable back on his W? if possible, maybe a heavy buff to tenacity while using it? so orn can make the tradeoff of either using his w for full damage potential, or using it to cancel out cc, or some sort of cc immunity, like being immune only to knockups or roots but not stuns slows etc.
: FACTIONS — Sign-Up Verification and Info Thread
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS
Konidias (NA)
: So you think that people who don't follow your meta are trolls that should be banned? Get out of here. Also, are you the Saethwyr on lolking who is Bronze 1? Why are you even worried about meta at bronze levels? It doesn't even matter. Bronze players need to stop focusing on the "meta" and start focusing on improving their map awareness and general skills. It's a low elo way of thinking. They think that following the meta is somehow going to automatically give them some huge edge against the competition. They want shortcuts to winning games. They are the same people who are more than happy to see the enemy team disconnect for an easy win. They have no problem stomping a 5v4 game and trash talking the entire time. Yeah, good job buddy... you got handed a win. That's all you really want. You don't want to get better at the game and actually be good... you just want to win by playing the meta, playing only champs that are considered "op", using the pro builds, etc... but you don't want to have to actually ward, or use map awareness, or learn how to freeze minion waves, or bother looking at an enemy's level before you tunnel vision on them trying to get a kill. Nope, you just want everyone to follow your meta because for some reason you think it's really important to winning at Bronze levels.
I personally don't mind meta, the problem i have is whether or not a position is viable. Being someone who's secondary main is quinn, i've tried quinn jungle, and with the current way the jungle is, it's not really strong. The matter of a win or lose isn't what i'm trying to say, what i'm saying is that if someone is going to be unable to adapt to a situation where they're not going to get the role they want, and instead are going to be stubborn about the situation, that creates a toxic environment for the team before the game actually starts. Second, If i was worried about meta, I wouldn't have been maining AD sion Since well before the rework. Generalizing bronzies as the type of people who tunnel for kills, Don't have map awareness, and Play jax just because he's not banned, gives the impression that you don't really know what bronze usually is. That type of bronze is prevalent from bronze 5-3, but once you get into 2-1, the differences between bronze and low silver are mainly just warding, and a bit of map awareness. The problem with situations like that, isn't meta, it's attitude. EDIT: Also you didn't even address the Proposal, you just turned it into a personal attack.
Rioter Comments
Ruince (NA)
: Sion Bug
From research in customs with a friend. all charging ablities have this. vi's q, xerath's q, sion's q, and Varus' q. if you are charging the ability and get knocked up or stunned, the game will not let you use it again. i remember a thread in the old bug report forum had this same issue with vi, and Baconhawk came in and asked us to post a log but the link he had for how to do so didn't seem to work.
Rioter Comments
Praeco (NA)
: Hello sir! We actually have 4 composers (Chemicalseb, Scherzophrenia, marignak and myself) at Riot. We write most of the stuff ourselves, but in rare instances work with other composers very closely to collaborate and come up with something cool. We all have been musicians and gamers for a long time and joined through various ways. I previously worked on different teams((Player Support, Live Services), but had worked as a composer before and transitioned after quite some time. Chemicalseb, Scherzophrenia and marignak worked with us as contractors(outsourcers) for quite some time, but were also local and we eventually brought them on. The personal relationship makes a huge difference, because working on something as "ambiguous" as music can be hard to articulate creatively to other people. Working with people that truly care about the project is really key, I think. Hope this helps a little bit :) Christian
It helps a ton, especially since it's always seemed like the musical department of game companies would commonly be outsourced or had a separate composer contracted to have the music done for them. What exactly are the qualifications you all have? are you all self taught, and finally, the most selfishly, do you take in interns?
  Rioter Comments
: Champion and skin sale: 08.26. - 08.29.
Hey look, the only good sion skin is on sale
: End of Season Rewards and the new Master Tier
I saw the hair on the left and the crown and i thought it was all part of a quinn headpiece and this was victorious quinn. But then the tears.
MrSc0tty (NA)
: > As a (decent) ADC main, I really appreciate this. immensely. To emphasize point #3: > > a) Infinity Edge isn't a particularly BAD rush on any ADC, but there are sometimes better items (ex. BoTRK on Twitch, TriForce on Kog, etc). The only stat you should NEVER rush is attack speed. > > b) Essence Reaver is an underrated item on AD Casters early. The mana regen and CDR allows for much more spell casts, so long as you're also autoing (which is what an ADC should be doing). Yomumu's isn't that great of an item on AD Casters that aren't Lucian. > > c) I cry when I see the enemy ADC rush tier 2 boots. I DO NOT care if you're losing lane, I have a BF sword, you have tier 2 boots. Guess who just won the trade? Yeah, those are the usual first three items. But the key is that IE is usually never the WRONG choice, like, say, Statikk shiv or phantom dancer. Also I'm still baffled by C. ADC seems to be the ONLY class who does this. You never see a mid run back and first buy Sorcs. Top never says. "Gonna #rekt with these sweet Tabis step aside noob lord" it's just ADC with the tier two boots rush. And then they act surprised when the enemy deals literally double their damage. Pick axe is your friend people.
In certain situations top lane i do actually rush at least the components for tier two shoes, maybe even entirely depending on who i'm against (35% reduction of teemo blind=missing less farm) but as an adc? The 20% attack speed is in other items that do damage as well, no need to try for shoes.
: League of Legends Cinematic: A New Dawn
This isnt a real league cinematic, Where's ryze running like a little bitch?
: Is Riot working on a new 3250RP skin?(aka. Ultimate skin)
Macho Man randy jax. They make jax macho man randy savage, and adjust everything accordingly.
Rioter Comments
: Will you be making Senna a champion one day? I think it'd be nice to have a nemesis between {{champion:236}} and her. Like... I have an idea of it, kind of... but I'm not sure whether to drop it here or not! Ahaha. I hope you take it into consideration. I've heard some people talk about it and I just wanna know your thoughts on it! c:
She's in the thresh lantern. it's as easy for her to get out as it is for a bronze 5 adc to actually click the lantern.
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Meddler Q&A
Do you know who is working on the champ reworks currently? is issfire going to redeem himself with urgot reworks, or is he being told to sit in the corner? Is ezreal heading the sion project, or is ez doing new champs?
: Don't
Don't Duel: {{champion:266}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:114}}
zZAJZz (NA)
: @Riot Sion rework attempt
Don't give him any HP scaling. First off, he's the second highest health champ in the game. Second, he doesnt have a limit on how much health he can get. a good sion will have a warmogs worth of health gained lategame, and then adding the people who would build fratmogs, the HP scalings would hit like a truck even though its only 5% of his HP.
: [4.12] Live Gameplay Patch Forecast
As a sion main, i'm really excited to eventually hear as to what's being done with him. Not as in "oh he's gonna no longer be a midgame ap god or a lategame AD god" but what exactly are you doing to him to fit what is felt as his playstyle? To me he feels like he should be this bulking wall that goes where he wants no matter what, and you've got to hope you're not caught in his path. Right now AP sion feels like annie, and AD sion feels like your job is to farm til you have 400 farm, then go midlane and 1v5. My point is, what are you exactly doing him to get him to really be "Noxia's battering ram" instead of being "Zombie with a big axe"? Will any of his current spells be there, new iterations or otherwise? At the very least i'm hoping to keep the E health gain, maybe as his passive, because that is honestly one of the things that to me makes me feel like Sion is Sion. ALSO on lucian: the biggest problem I've seen with him is that he has that dash, and it's an over wall dash. 2 other ADCS have that (Quinn and Ez,) and they dont have through minion poke like that, or a cleanse, plus the fact that quinn's Wall jump requires you to be on point with positioning. at the very least, the cleanse should definitely be removed. c:
: Patch 4.11 notes
25% bonus health {{champion:14}} + {{summoner:11}} + {{item:3083}} {{item:3083}}{{item:3005}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3207}} = GG that's 6285 health, then with atmas 271 AD.
: He's getting completely reworked, visuals and design. Have patience friend.
the overall problem is really the fact that his Q and W have no real way to fit in with AD, and his E and R have no real way to fit in with AP. If you changed the Q to a charge that stunned and had it scale off of AD, then changed his W to scale off of health, that pretty much makes everything fit together again. His passive does need help though. it's like betting all your money on black in roulette, and even if you win you only get about 25% of that back. Essence reaver is amazing though. I'm gonna try running that instead of botrk next game, seems like it'l bring a lotta power to sion actually c: EDIT: This is beautiful, secret sion buff thank you <3
: New free champion rotation: Sona, Draven, Swain and more!
{{champion:3}} A guardian always gets his free week.
: Champion Spotlight: Karthus, the Deathsinger
Meanwhile The Sion champ spotlight is probably being held up for after the rework. "Now, Sion has serious starting ad and is a Strong bruiser late game, so thats why you build him as a heavy AP midlaner."
Lim Maan (NA)
: Vi's Q bug?
I've had the same issue as well, it seems to happen specifically with spectres cowl.

14 15

Level 191 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion