Rioter Comments
: jayce did build it until they made his e cost 40 mana at all ranks then rushing lethality became the rush
> [{quoted}](name=Zane Zephyr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=udmplFx4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T02:55:38.631+0000) > > jayce did build it until they made his e cost 40 mana at all ranks then rushing lethality became the rush Neither of his Es cost 40 mana, what are you talking about?
: Riot why didn't you mention about Jayce nerf in patch note?
If they want to nerf/buff jayce thats fine but leaving it out of the patch notes and making a complete STEALTH nerf is gonna set a really bad precedent of Riot's way of handling the pro play vs everybody else uproar. Maybe after nerfing sej cause of proplay and all the backlash they felt stealth nerf was better? IDK but this is bad
Shåwn (NA)
: Look at this 2013 video of Scarra on Zed , 9-1-1 with 317 farm at 28 mins, lvl 18 vs lvl 14 vayne
Whats actually fascinating is how straight up fed that zed was. Like if 9-1 isnt enough he had 300+ farm at 28 mins. Today, a 0-2 zed with lethality stacked up can probably 100-0 a squishy without even using ult AND then be completely useless vs someone like that irelia or hecarim in the video. Look how much more STABLE of a champion zed was back then.
: I just ban Ahri these days. I swear the impact and benefits of banning her is higher than Zed or yasuo because of the winrate/pickrate problem. She is just annoying as heck to deal because you just cannot win. She has not specific timing where you can trade damage to her.
> [{quoted}](name=Crimson Zeppelin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nRgLqJWx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-18T05:29:01.130+0000) > > I just ban Ahri these days. I swear the impact and benefits of banning her is higher than Zed or yasuo because of the winrate/pickrate problem. > She is just annoying as heck to deal because you just cannot win. She has not specific timing where you can trade damage to her. Yea absolutely banning her is better than any other mid lane champ. She actually takes your lp.
: In the kassadin thread, i said he was cancerous in a low-key way. Ahri is the definition of cancerous in a high-key way. Really high-key.
> [{quoted}](name=Revert Skarner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nRgLqJWx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-18T06:40:11.425+0000) > > In the kassadin thread, i said he was cancerous in a low-key way. > > > > Ahri is the definition of cancerous in a high-key way. Really high-key. Theres a difference between timing your mobility like leblanc does and just brainlessly spewing it out randomly as fast as possible like ahri does in lane. Probably one of the most faceroll champs to ever desecrate the mid lane. Her ult + ignite + electrocute + w dont take any skill to use and are enough to finish 70% hp targets. God forbid you fall below 70% hp in lane vs ahri cause get rdy for skillful DUHH DASH DASH DASH HURR DURRR. Did I mention she has built in sustain to heal up to full as well? Its like the champion designed for idiots and the 54% winrate shows.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shåwn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IpY4Xc8s,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-16T04:35:20.687+0000) > > *snip* > Next, I will show evidence of how different it was in season 3-5. When comparing this number of ~45 lethality, lets also add another 10 to that because in season 3-5 everybody had 10 armor from yellow runes. Without 10 armor yellow runes, thats literally 10 lethality added to every AD champion in the game from the start of the match. So really, in season 8, the number is 55 lethality not just 45 and upwards of 60 lethality vs ADCs because they lost another 5 or so armor in their 8.11 update. In season 3-5, the only item in the entire game that gave lethality (called flat armor pen back then) was ghostblade which gave 20 of it. Thats it. Alot of players would receive about 12 of it from old runes. Most players back then wouldnt finish ghostblade either, they would just sit on the brutalizer. So really in season 3-5 at this same 20 min mark, players had around 22-32 lethality depending on whether they chose to finish the ghostblade or not, compare this to season 8 with 55-60 lethality. The difference in power spike is disgusting. > *and snip* So, I'm at work and not built of time. As a result I'm gonna duck in here real fast and make my point. #I can't tell if you're lying or ignorant, but you're definitely one or the other. That out of the way, let me clarify. In S3, there was an item called Brutalizer. It cost an astounding 1337 gold, and was the definition of a rape stick. For a nominal amount of gold (definitely what you should have if you did a longsword + pot start), you would get... 25 AD, 10% CDR, and 10 flat armor pen. The damage offered by this item, for the gold you spent (it built out of two longswords), was pants-on-head retarded. It wasn't uncommon to have an assassin show up in lane with this item at level 5 (4 if they got an early kill or two) or 6 at the latest. At which point they'd murder the enemy laner. The armor pen granted by Brutalizer was unique, but only to prevent you from stacking brutalizers. Which leads to the next points. Ghost blade was cheaper, and built out of brutalizer. Black Cleaver was cheaper, **and also built out of brutalizer.** Last, and most importantly, **Lethality is absolute garbage compared to flat armor pen**. Basically, lethality has an under-the-hood formula which affects how much armor it reduces. This makes it weaker early and stronger later. This is important. Flat armor pen doesn't share that weakness. It's go time all the time, reducing armor by that flat amount as soon as you acquire it. This is important because 10 armor at level 5 is a freaking lot. So what happened is thus: You'd have assassins by brutalizer and spike hard. In many cases they'd skip ghost blade (mostly just Zed, and later Talon, built it) and go straight for Black Cleaver. Cleaver gave flat armor pen as well, plus a % armor pen shred.. which was larger than it currently is, and applied in fewer hits. Oh, and it was cheaper + gave more AD. Then they'd but another brutalizer, so they'd be walking around with a solid 20 flat armor pen, + 11 or so flat armor pen from their runes (unlike Sudden Impact, this wasn't tied to a dash) around level 9. This cut the armor of most squishy targets IN HALF. And that's before you apply the shred they'd get from BC, which would bring it down into the 19 range. After that they'd build last whisper, which was a cool-as-a-cucumber 40% armor bypass. So, at about 14 minutes, you'd have assassins cutting through half of a squishies armor and then further reducing it by 30% as they applied cleaver. Then, at 20 minutes, they'd have a flat 40% armor pen to back that up, which is before they started applying cleaver stacks. Basically, you had to get above a certain amount of armor (I think it was 85?) before you'd have a single piece of armor. Anywhere below that, and they were dealing true damage or better. Armor pen was so ungodly strong that every ADC in S3 rushed it. Ghost blade > Last Whisper was the common ADC build. The only exceptions were Vayne (who wasn't strong) and Ezreal, who was busy abusing jungler items to deal constant true damage and ruin the game. I'm not going to argue that damage right now is too high, but I am going to say that damage right now is lower than it was in S3. Especially early S3. We owe much of that to Lethality, and the fact that it's a gigantic kick in the balls for the old stat assassins used to stack.
> [{quoted}](name=MorganFreemanBot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IpY4Xc8s,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-09-16T22:01:07.138+0000) > I'm not going to argue that damage right now is too high, but I am going to say that _**damage right now is lower than it was in S3**_. Especially early S3. We owe much of that to Lethality, and the fact that it's a gigantic kick in the balls for the old stat assassins used to stack. Yikes. Big Yikes.
Rioter Comments
: Storm Razor Patch Changes
accusing others of not being able to do math when its YOU who cant do math. Sums up the boards pretty well tbh. Suck ass at something? at the game? at a champ? just blame it on anything else. ill give you a 4th grade math refresher here. "1% bonus damage on stormrazer per .5 critical strike chance" so if we have 30% critical strike chance (any completed zeal item) , then 30/.5 = 60 , then add the 60 to 140% on the stormrazer and wow look at that you have a 200% crit after finishing a zeal item , the exact same fucking system thats on live right now except stormrazer will start off as 140 instead of 160.
: and what makes zyra support fair? takes ignite and can 2v1 the lane for her adc because her base stats are absolutely disgusting. what makes laning against someone that can zone you if you dont have a proper jungler to help you out fair? only counterplay to zyras plants is stepping on them but she can activate them from a caitlyn aa range away. you try to "counterplay" her and end up getting slowed and poked down some more by a ai plant. fair? no.
> [{quoted}](name=Milton Fletcher,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bokfamvt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-26T20:52:36.037+0000) > > and what makes zyra support fair? > > takes ignite and can 2v1 the lane for her adc because her base stats are absolutely disgusting. > > what makes laning against someone that can zone you if you dont have a proper jungler to help you out fair? > > > only counterplay to zyras plants is stepping on them but she can activate them from a caitlyn aa range away. > > you try to "counterplay" her and end up getting slowed and poked down some more by a ai plant. > > fair? > > no. Yasuo is problematic but I agree it is indeed so funny to watch anyone who mains zyra or brand come on the boards and complain about literally anything. Zyra and brand have been causing cancer in the bot lane for almost a year now. You can literally be at 1 item (liandries) and just vomit on your keyboard and _**accidentally**_ do more damage than the mid top or adc. Even if zyra or brand die to that yasuo, they will still have done more dmg than the yasuo and adc combined probably.
Malak (NA)
: Riot wants certain champions to be good and the rest to be 90% as competitive but certainly not more. Also I always ban ahri these days. Forget Yasuo, forget zed. Even fizz, Leblanc, Kat, Talon. Ahri is way too easy to get fed on.
> [{quoted}](name=Krotux,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5RtrM2El,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-14T18:35:41.137+0000) > > Riot wants certain champions to be good and the rest to be 90% as competitive but certainly not more. > > Also I always ban ahri these days. Forget Yasuo, forget zed. Even fizz, Leblanc, Kat, Talon. Ahri is way too easy to get fed on. Yup exactly, leblanc zed kat are gonna annoy the shit out of you, but ahri is going to take your fucking LP and be 100x easier to play.
Rioter Comments
Pika Fox (NA)
: He is The Fast. Cant nerf what you cant catch.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XiZ7Vvof,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-10T18:34:47.315+0000) > > He is The Fast. Cant nerf what you cant catch. Too fast indeed. It is mind blowing that a champion with such disgusting stats aka _**the most played champion in the game**_ but still boasting a winrate up to 52% is allowed to go free and terrorize both solo q and pro play. Hes an AD so it makes sense. Isnt this the exact same reason ezreal was nerfed a few months ago? Cause he had a 51% winrate and was the most played champ in the game? Jhins even easier than ezreal. Its really not hard to see Riot is biased towards select few champs.
: > [{quoted}](name=ShadowsDieTwicë,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wrFbW6T4,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-17T06:05:30.734+0000) > > Honestly I cant imagine the horror of getting your riven on my team. I can only pray for the poor souls who had to play with that abomination on their team. What?
> [{quoted}](name=cute egirl janna,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wrFbW6T4,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-17T06:30:58.889+0000) > > What? nothing, carry on
: > [{quoted}](name=Subject 5,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wrFbW6T4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-17T04:54:48.420+0000) > > It does look nice. > > Even so, maybe they should leave a classical version of Akali for people that remember her appearance? She looks nothing like she used to, which is a problem in regards to keeping the champion but re-working abilities. Some are justified but Akali was very integrated and wasn't just like that 'thing' that existed {{champion:14}} > > It'd be like if they reworked {{champion:19}} but instead of being a wolf he was a golfer. > > Abilities and aesthetic: 10/10 > Costume: 10/10 > Familiar Body: 2/10 > Familiar Uniform: 3/10 I think Riot should bring back traditional skins, I would love a traditional Fiora or Swain skin.
Honestly I cant imagine the horror of getting your riven on my team. I can only pray for the poor souls who had to play with that abomination on their team.
Rexxiee (NA)
: Garen's at 53% wr with a 14% pick rate in plat +
But Miss fortune is allowed to stay at 53% winrate and a disgusting playrate? Despite being even easier to play than Garen? Riot loves their ADCs dont they
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Caitlyn went to an average late game adc, to the best late game adc in the game
Her headshot now does 450% total AD dmg (thats including the base auto attack). Really balanced. I love losing 1200 hp in one auto attack. What the fuck was the point of nerfing ADCs if you are just gonna "compensate" every single ADC with massive ad ratios higher than even assassins? The riot ADC bias strikes again.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Is jayce top/bot still viable?
Far from a meta pick. Hes alright but you have to be skilled with the champion to make it work. Would NOT call him underpowered though
Rioter Comments
ZJD123 (NA)
: "if you pick zed you're asking to lose and you're trolling" But according to gameplay boards zed is super OP unbeatable insane laning phase champion? :thinking:
50.6% winrate, doesnt get more "uncounterable" than that.
: {{champion:145}} is a very mechanically intensive champion and has a high skill ceiling.
> [{quoted}](name=Colton147,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sofmYuBY,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-06-09T20:01:06.411+0000) > > {{champion:145}} is a very mechanically intensive champion and has a high skill ceiling. colton is the best troll
: bc it feels even harder now to come back as the adc if you lose bot. every item is just so much more expensive
> [{quoted}](name=AFilthyCaitMain,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8RRNYLVI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-09T01:41:27.050+0000) > > bc it feels even harder now to come back as the adc if you lose bot. every item is just so much more expensive "even harder now" Implying that it was even hard in the first place prior to 8.11? Yea it must have been real hard for right clickers to turn on with just IE shiv for the previous year's ardent meta, relic shield meta, and following "better bot wins meta". Real hard.
: Bruisers are just being played as AD/Lethality assassins
Oh no is your role not dominating the game anymore? Will be forced to ADAPT like the rest of us did during ardent censor, during relic shield ADC , during better bot wins meta? Horrific indeed.
: Janna players are bad at any other champs because janna is braindead ez and her mains are boosted by her. See, there are similarly playing champs. There's a subtle distinction in the reason for the phenomenon.
> [{quoted}](name=The Soulforged,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E7psuH6B,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2018-06-07T00:06:24.319+0000) > > Janna players are bad at any other champs because janna is braindead ez and her mains are boosted by her. See, there are similarly playing champs. There's a subtle distinction in the reason for the phenomenon. Actually thats a common misconception. They arent "boosted" by the champion alone, but rather, the champion + their duo q partner (often a smurf).
: As far as the boards go, that's not the nicest way to say "That's not true," but it's a far stretch from what I'd consider actionable. He didn't call you a "F***ing liar," and he's not saying you spread lies on every post. Now if he makes a discussion about you, saying you're spreading misinformation, that's a different story. You wouldn't have had any say in making a post or being involved in a post that insults you, and that would be handled much differently. To the dispute at hand: both of you are citing facts, which you both believe is true. It's really up to both of you to convince one or the other that you're right with some evidence, not just "you're wrong." I don't personally know, otherwise I'd have thrown my 2 cents int. Or 4 cents, since this pertains to Jhin. >My point was, he's attacking a boards user and that's something against the rules in there. (Also formatting on the quoting of that rule is a pain.) Maybe a screenshot next time? But I appreciate you directing my attention to it, as Naming and Shaming *can* relate to boards users, when I implied that wasn't the case.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jBLqgujv,comment-id=000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-06T16:43:09.910+0000) > > As far as the boards go, that's not the nicest way to say "That's not true," but it's a far stretch from what I'd consider actionable. He didn't call you a "F***ing liar," and he's not saying you spread lies on every post. Now if he makes a discussion about you, saying you're spreading misinformation, that's a different story. You wouldn't have had any say in making a post or being involved in a post that insults you, and that would be handled much differently. > > To the dispute at hand: both of you are citing facts, which you both believe is true. It's really up to both of you to convince one or the other that you're right with some evidence, not just "you're wrong." I don't personally know, otherwise I'd have thrown my 2 cents int. Or 4 cents, since this pertains to Jhin. > > Maybe a screenshot next time? But I appreciate you directing my attention to it, as Naming and Shaming *can* relate to boards users, when I implied that wasn't the case. He cannot argue against the facts I am presenting nor can he provide proof that sheen/triforce being converted to true damage is intended by riot. So his next best option is to try to get me banned for "harassment". Incredibly disgusting from a moral perspective to try to get someone banned incorrectly despite the fact that I have done nothing to "harass" thus far in this thread. Just because someone's perception is that they are "being harassed" does not automatically make it harassment from my end. If that were the case, then everybody could just point fingers and cry "being harassed" toward anyone they dont like and then creating discussions on the boards would be near impossible.
Vhan8765 (NA)
: I personally am just gonna take a break for the whole patch 8.12 personally~ Bruisers are probably gonna be too strong while at the same time supports are all getting mega nerfed. Rito's Balance Squad strikes again! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
> [{quoted}](name=Vhan8765,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JmTA6EEb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-05T21:24:32.280+0000) > > I personally am just gonna take a break for the whole patch 8.12 personally~ > > Bruisers are probably gonna be too strong while at the same time supports are all getting mega nerfed. > > Rito's Balance Squad strikes again! > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} Learn to adapt to the meta. And its a team game btw! ^ Thats what bot lane mains told us during their reign of terror from 2017 up to 8.11 and so thats what I am going to tell you now! Enjoy!
: I'm saying current IE is intended to make physical onhits be converted. You're mentioning old IE, which isn't relevant when talking about what is intended for the CURRENT IE. Anyways, it's intended, so I'm not telling you my opinion, nor was anything an opinion. If I'm wrong Jhin's 4th shot being increased by IE, then that isn't an opinion. It's just being wrong about a fact. Don't accuse someone of trying to say force their opinion as a fact if nothing I said was an opinion, just a fact or being plain wrong. Don't accuse someone of misinformation either. That's against naming and shaming rules (and worse since it's not like there's any amount of continuous misinformation coming out of me in this thread).
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jBLqgujv,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-06T06:31:55.173+0000) > > I&#x27;m saying current IE is intended to make physical onhits be converted. You&#x27;re mentioning old IE, which isn&#x27;t relevant when talking about what is intended for the CURRENT IE. > > Anyways, it&#x27;s intended, so I&#x27;m not telling you my opinion, nor was anything an opinion. If I&#x27;m wrong Jhin&#x27;s 4th shot being increased by IE, then that isn&#x27;t an opinion. It&#x27;s just being wrong about a fact. > > Don&#x27;t accuse someone of trying to say force their opinion as a fact if nothing I said was an opinion, just a fact or being plain wrong. Don&#x27;t accuse someone of misinformation either. That&#x27;s against naming and shaming rules (and worse since it&#x27;s not like there&#x27;s any amount of continuous misinformation coming out of me in this thread). <removed by moderation> Its really not difficult to understand the problem OP is presenting at all. Infinity edge modifies critical hits. Whether its old infinity edge or new infinity edge is not relevant, both serve the purpose to modify critical hits. The added 25% missing health damage that jhin does on his auto attack, **does not critically hit**, yet it is being modified by the new infinity edge but not the old one. Do YOU have proof this is intended? A source maybe? Because you made the assertion that "this is intended" in your first comment so I was just wondering if you actually have proof that Riot intended for specifically the new IE to augment on-hit damage to back up your assertion. <removed by moderation>
Dasdi96 (NA)
: 3 item tristana 100-0 me in 1.52 seconds.
"But muh crit adcs are unplayablezz"
Yenn (NA)
: Mid lane being dominated by assassins/top carries is not fun
You mean mages arent hard dominating mid lane for a singular patch????? why is it ok for mages to be overpowered and dominate mid for years but suddenly if assassins are strong for 1 patch its a problem? "its ok if MY champions are strong but if YOURS becomes strong how dare you"
: Rengar ults. Don't panic shield. Wait until the leap animation and drop the shield. GGEZ. You have enough time to react if you pay attention. Plus Ren doesn't oneshot till late in the game so if you miss the initial burst your still fine. If you shield before the leap is in the air, YOU misplayed and YOU should be punished. Not have a .08 second window that your misplay can be capitalized on.
> [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4k7oqul6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-05T00:45:38.374+0000) > > Rengar ults. Don&#x27;t panic shield. Wait until the leap animation and drop the shield. GGEZ. You have enough time to react if you pay attention. Plus Ren doesn&#x27;t oneshot till late in the game so if you miss the initial burst your still fine. > > > If you shield before the leap is in the air, YOU misplayed and YOU should be punished. Not have a .08 second window that your misplay can be capitalized on. you mean actually use SKILL while playing shield spam champions ?!?!?!?!!
Rioter Comments
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: boards are a bunch of mage mains if they see a change happening to ad champion --->buff if they see a change to mages --->nerfs they claim that assassins were broken when MSI was dominated by zoe ryze vladimir taliyah just lul
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6qy08BB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-02T13:54:56.581+0000) > > boards are a bunch of mage mains > if they see a change happening to ad champion > > ---&gt;buff > > if they see a change to mages > ---&gt;nerfs > > they claim that assassins were broken when MSI was dominated by zoe ryze vladimir taliyah > > just lul Boards Mage players: Any mage champ --> massive 200 IQ skill, always weak, always need buff, always horrible spot in the meta Any assassin/adc/bruiser -->braindead no skill. always broken, always huge problem in the meta When in reality land, mages have been dominant in the mid lane for most of 2018 (among other years) and are often considered some of the most faceroll champs in the game for a LONG time. Its always hilarious to see some mage main complaining about zed taking no skill then you look at their profile and its some veigar player. Fucking comical tbh.
saltran (EUW)
: Check out this ultra weird math that no one understands that proves that adcs are being buffed /s
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6qy08BB,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-02T15:36:19.127+0000) > > Check out this ultra weird math that no one understands that proves that adcs are being buffed /s If you are referring to my post (the one that reached 200 upvotes), my math (among many others) WAS correct. Which is why riot nerfed IE from 20% conversion to 15% conversion and further upped zeal item costs again by 100 while lowering its crit to 15 and nerfed the actual zeal itself by 100 and then increased the cost of brawlers by 200. So it was indeed thanks to me and many others who identified this issue, that now your overpowered role is alot more balanced. Enjoy!
: The fighter/bruiser/diver meta is coming and so i go.
Yup I cannot believe how much Riot is sucking up to hashinshin and his cancerous following. They have literally become slaves and done every single thing he says. WAHHH WE NEED BRUISER KEYSTONE Riot- Done WAHHHHH MID MAGES TOO STRONG BRUISERS CANT MATCH WAVECLAER Riot- Done WAHHH JUNGLERS DECIDE TOP LANE Riot- Jungle nerfs done WAHHHHH ADCs DECIDE TOP LANE Riot- ADC nerfs done WAHHH BRUISERS HAVE NO ITEMS Riot- Ok check out atmas return and spear of shoji WAHHH BRUISERS NEED TO BE UNKILLABLE GODS , DO INSANE DMG, AND STILL BE THE LOWEST SKILL REQ CLASS IN THE GAME Its actually scary how Riot has become a puppet to this mongoloid and his followers just screaming nonsense. To sum up what hashinshin and his following is I present the following scenario that happened when I entered his stream. He picks olaf, gets matched vs a jayce. Screams bitchs and cry screams bitchs and crys about going for ranged top laner jayce. Jayce pokes him and harasses him heavily first 5 levels. Hashinshin gets forced out of lane , goes back to base buys a phage, Tps back. Solo kills the jayce at lvl 6 , solo kills the jayce 2 times more in lane despite being super behind in CS. Did he outplay the jayce? No he just ran at him and pressed right click. Thats bruisers guys, and bruiser players. Their brains are hard wired for running at people and pressing right click, so when that doesnt work for a few levels they cry. Big surprise a champion with a 2% pickrate and 48% winrate MIGHT NOT ACTUALLY BE OP HUH?
Dysnomia (EUNE)
: I play top alot and i don't mind ranged abusers. If you survive 4-5 levels, they are useless late game.
> [{quoted}](name=Dysnomia,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6xcj95KY,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-18T11:39:09.317+0000) > > I play top alot and i don&#x27;t mind ranged abusers. If you survive 4-5 levels, they are useless late game. Yup exactly, and some of them you can even kill in lane after you make it past their strong/poke early game. The OP is just a mindless hashinshin viewer and should not be taken seriously by Riot in the slightest. People like him are dangerous to the health of the game.
: at least people cant complain "better bot wins" amirite?
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iAdR0sdq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-18T00:09:45.333+0000) > > at least people cant complain &quot;better bot wins&quot; amirite? Yea instead we will see the avalanche of ADC mains crying about everything and reminding everyone how they originally got their reputation of being the most whiney class ever since seasons 2-6. When ADC mains go silent for a year straight, you know somethings very very wrong with the game.
: New Math with IE passive at 15% True Damage
This should be a good wake up call for all the shit posters saying stuff like "CRIT ADCS ARE DEADZ". You can clearly see their dmg is mostly unchanged even buffed in alot of scenarios. The only real nerf is the gold cost increases. The actual promised design goal of lower damage vs squishes in the late game, wasnt really acted upon at all unless you happen to be running around with 50 armor at lvl 18 somehow (impossible).
Rexxiee (NA)
: The jungle changes are fine, in fact its much better we nerf everything than to buff everything to broken levels. Support do need some concrete nerfs though.
> [{quoted}](name=Rexxiee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Uv4vdpcT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-16T22:20:25.447+0000) > > The jungle changes are fine, in fact its much better we nerf everything than to buff everything to broken levels. > > Support do need some concrete nerfs though. Yea I agree support is a serious problem right now, RiotRepertoir has come out and explicitly stated that its a problem as well. Wildturtle and Imaqtpie also had their state of the game episode recently where they talked about support being the number 1 cause of frustration for ADC players in lane. Support not only needs a serious power down, but also needs skill expression added in a number of their roster.
saltran (EUW)
: Let them circlejerk, the Gameplay Boards are a joke.
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AALapNfs,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-15T17:34:46.044+0000) > > Let them circlejerk, the Gameplay Boards are a joke. lmfao as if reading the name "saltran" posting that comment doesnt immediately trigger immense irony.
: Played with RAT IRL new smurf
Yea ive heard/seen this sentiment about him as well. He is INSANELY toxic, its actually extremely rare you meet someone as toxic as him. And usually does it all while boosting his egirl too, who is playing an enchanter in top lane so he can go up there and take all of the CS after clearing jungle. No punishments from Riot either. Cant wait until that subhuman gets taken down in the glory that is 8.11.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: WildTurtle just expressed my worries about 8.11
I agree with wildturtle, Nerfing the obscene amounts of gold that supports get, their dmg that rivals mid mages, their insanely efficient itemization and multiplicative heal/shield bonuses, their crazy actives etc etc is the key to _**giving ADCs back their agency in lane.**_
saltran (EUW)
: Say hello to our new ADC's overlords
Funniest thing about this post is actually the fact that the only non crit ADC u listed was ezreal and maybe varus kogmaw to some degree. Reason I say "to some degree" is because they can go crit on them just as easily as they can go on hit. Check it out: What people are building on Kaisa for the last w/e months : http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/Kaisa What people are building on Varus (I see crit just as much as I see rageblade nashor): http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/varus O look Kalista rushes crit too: http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/kalista Full crit on MF too with ER as well : http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/missfortune Jhin, not a single lethality item in sight, pure crit: http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/jhin The point is nearly every champion you listed (except ezreal) is having their most optimal build nerfed, so how exactly are these nerfed champions the new ADC overlords suddenly?
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Triistana,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TusyIQcG,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2018-05-05T19:16:25.288+0000) > > I love how all these changes are gonna be on PBE for like 3 more weeks and everyone&#x27;s already jumping into conclusions. > > Like: _&quot;I know this hasn&#x27;t even shipped and that many changes are probably coming but **THEY&#x27;VE ALREADY FAILED**&quot;_ > > Only in The Boards... Did you not read my post? "The way I have structured my post is that I will first directly provide a quote from Riot Axes post which outlines a specific problem that they intend to fix and then I will provide evidence as to why they did or did not fix that specific problem with the _**current**_ PBE changes." Thats a direct quote from my post. Anything you notice with the wording? Hint: I specifically stated current PBE changes in bold and italics so people wouldn't miss it. But some people never fail to surprise me. Your logic also makes no sense, the changes are on PBE for 3 more weeks so people have time to identify problems and provide feedback. So I (along with many others) go on to .... identify problems and provide feedback. And now people like you have an issue with that too with your paradox of logic. And the narcissistic condescending tone you have toward the boards members "only in the boards". I find to be pleasantly ironic.
: > [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aldlXW6V,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-05T15:45:49.121+0000) > > I just want to point that ER active has a 30s cooldown, is not like Jayce procs it every time he switches from melee to ranged. > > Anyway I don&#x27;t like this item and I hope it&#x27;s not released like it is on the PBE. {{champion:126}} can use his qe multiple times in a single combo, he can also use his ranged W multiple times in a row assuming 40% cdr (required on jayce) with 45% cdr build he could, in theory, auto faster than the cooldown (With it being effectively 1.5 seconds), with 40% he would have a 1.2 second hard cooldown, of course with the ability doing max attack speed at 2.5, so that's still 1.5 effective seconds. I'm curious to what you think about the idealistic 20 attacks at 110% AD on someone stacking hard AD that is just one potential combo you can very easily get 3 or 4 Q+E combos, as well as a second jump+knockback in a single melee combo oh but it's on a 30 second cooldown... totes not an issue
> [{quoted}](name=T3H UB3RN07,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aldlXW6V,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-05-05T16:07:08.594+0000) > > {{champion:126}} can use his qe multiple times in a single combo, he can also use his ranged W multiple times in a row assuming 40% cdr (required on jayce) > > with 45% cdr build he could, in theory, auto faster than the cooldown (With it being effectively 1.5 seconds), with 40% he would have a 1.2 second hard cooldown, of course with the ability doing max attack speed at 2.5, so that&#x27;s still 1.5 effective seconds. > > I&#x27;m curious to what you think about the idealistic 20 attacks at 110% AD on someone stacking hard AD > > that is just one potential combo you can very easily get 3 or 4 Q+E combos, as well as a second jump+knockback in a single melee combo > > oh but it&#x27;s on a 30 second cooldown... totes not an issue W doesnt start resetting cooldown until all 3 shots are fired. So he wouldnt be able to endless chain it but he could definitely get 2 EQs off if attacked you from hammer and then switched to cannon.
: List of Non ADCs that can benefit from the new essence reaver
I think {{champion:126}} is a trap, he spams R so much that he will trigger his ER accidentally all the time. Furthermore, if he happens to be in cannon and then goes into hammer, then resetting his hammer abilities cds with autos doesnt really do much compared to what other champs are getting. If he starts hammer and then goes cannon, this would be the better combo because he can then shockblast you twice. But thats extremely clunky cause he would have to randomly just be walking around in hammer form all the time without accidentally procing his ER. Its like he would have to go hammer then wait 30 seconds in hammer for the ER to come back up and then he would have a really OP combo. It all just seems really clunky compared to many of the other champs on the list. But sometimes he would be able to just double EQ you for alot of dmg. Overall this item just seems like a clown fiesta. I am sure they could have thought of a more stable passive. Same with {{champion:76}}
Ifneth (NA)
: Your claim that marksmen burst has increased is misleading. It concerns the damage that marksmen’s basic attacks will deal over three seconds once they have three items, but the community complaint about marksmen’s burst regarded the damage that the synergy between the passives of just Infinity Edge and Statikk Shiv could deal instantly. Yet you conclude that marksmen’s “burst” has increased. Furthermore, your arguments supporting that claim are just wrong. Two to three seconds is such a long time for a marksman to have access to any squishy that damage dealt over that time cannot be called burst. Three items is not enough to reach 2 attack speed without around a 50% attack speed steroid; even among the hypercarries, only Tristana has one. Almost every other crit marksman would need 3 seconds to land 4 attacks—and only if not interrupted by having to kite or juke. The realities of gameplay mean that we are talking about damage per second. Unlike what you claim, a marksman with the new items would need a serious steroid, near full build, near max level, and no interruptions to deal anything approaching the “burst” that their current itemization allows against squishies, and it still wouldn’t be anything like a two-item IE-Shiv crit today.
> [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TusyIQcG,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-05-05T02:02:36.160+0000) > > Your claim that marksmen burst has increased is misleading. It concerns the damage that marksmen’s basic attacks will deal over three seconds once they have three items, but the community complaint about marksmen’s burst regarded the damage that the synergy between the passives of just Infinity Edge and Statikk Shiv could deal instantly. Yet you conclude that marksmen’s “burst” has increased. You are playing around with the definition/wording of "burst" to fit your agenda. Shall I change it to "marksmen damage in 4 autos was buffed" , then surely even you would have no way to deny that statement. Secondly, you do not get to decide what the "community's complaints" were, that is a highly manipulative remark you made. The community gets to decide what their complaints are, not you. And there were many MANY complaints about 3 item marksmen not just 2 item like you suggest. Finally, I stated all over my post that 2 item marksmen got shit on, did you not read the post and just skip to the TLDR section lol? You say my arguments were wrong because "2-3 seconds is a long time". You have a very twisted definition of what is or isn't. Just because 2 seconds is a long time in your mind, does not mean it is so for everyone. For many others, dieing in 2 seconds to anybody's point and click damage is frustrating so again stop speaking for everyone as a replacement for "evidence" (example Zed takes 3 seconds to kill most people because deathmark literally has a duration of 3 seconds yet he still kills people swiftly enough to cause frustration). That is what we call an opinion, you cannot use an opinion in that way without evidence. Only Tristana has an attack speed steroid? Please correct me if I read that wrong cause thats hilarious frankly. Lets see, Xayah, Kaisa, Kogmaw, MF has 100% steroid btw, Twitch has big one when he pops out of stealth as well, Varus, Jinx, hey better question, is there a hypercarry that DOESN'T have an attack speed steroid ? I did not say 2.0 flat (here you are again manipulating), my exact statement was "1.5-2.0" within 2-3 seconds. Reaching 1.5-2.0 attack speed on any hypercarry I mentioned above is extremely easy in the late game with 2 zeal items. To deny that you would have to be delusional. You know alot of people lately on the boards talk about Anti-ADC circlejerking that denies pure facts and realities. In my perspective theres another circlejerk that also denies facts and realities. The Pro-ADC circlejerk. If you believe ADCs needed a _**BUFF**_ from their current state on live in a 4 attack burst window with IE Shiv RFC vs 100 armor squishies, then in my eyes you are the Pro-ADC circlejerk.
: What's the point of Hail of Blades?
Fail of Blades indeed seems to be lost in terms of identity. I think its overall power level is unusually low for every class and I think its too similar to certain other keystones. Suggestion: rework to each basic attack increases ability damage by X% and stack up Y times. This way some mages can use it, adcs, some assassins, I bet fighters might especially like it. Numbers can always be chosen to be appropriate.
: I like this post, because it goes about a contentious topic in a pretty moderate tone, relies on direct quotes taken in full context, and uses math and easily understood reasoning to justify the OP's points in a manner any reasonable person can agree upon. It may not close the topic conclusively, since it'll take some time before the changes go to Live and have their impact truly felt, but I also think a lot of what is mentioned here is a pretty accurate anticipation of what will happen, and at the very least a solid analysis of the discrepancies between the stated goals of these changes, and their actual implementation.
> [{quoted}](name=Teridax68,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TusyIQcG,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-04T23:10:56.838+0000) > > I like this post, because it goes about a contentious topic in a pretty moderate tone, relies on direct quotes taken in full context, and uses math and easily understood reasoning to justify the OP&#x27;s points in a manner any reasonable person can agree upon. It may not close the topic conclusively, since it&#x27;ll take some time before the changes go to Live and have their impact truly felt, but I also think a lot of what is mention here is a pretty accurate anticipation of what will happen, and at the very least a solid analysis of the discrepancies between the stated goals of these changes, and their actual implementation. Thanks, I just hope at least 1 person from Riot reads it but am worried cause 1. I dont know if they read boards over the weekend 2. I think alot of people might be intimidated by such a long post and probably for fair reason because not everybody has the time.
Show more

341123545652

Level 42 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion