: Riot can't admit to taking idea's.
They don't steal anything. I believe it says in the TOS that we forfeit our rights to skin concepts and the like that we post here, and some people make skin concepts for the sole purpose of Riot using them.
: What champ has the most skins?
That depends on what you count. Many consider Esports skins to not count, as they are not chosen by Riot. I'd argue that skin variants, such as Prestige editions, don't count either, but its whatever.
: > [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=49qTAarA,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-09-22T15:32:21.714+0000) > > go learn how to play with a passive adc and stop ruining the fucking game. > what a troll. How about adc learn to play with agro support and stopping ruining the game? Typical flamer.
> [{quoted}](name=GetDragonOrLose,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=49qTAarA,comment-id=000c000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-22T15:44:22.315+0000) The only person ruining the game is you. You're the one that thinks deliberately trolling is okay.
: > [{quoted}](name=GetDragonOrLose,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=49qTAarA,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-09-22T15:15:10.702+0000) > > The problem is that passive adc doesn't suit my play style and also delays my Frost Fang upgrade when they passive farming rather than suppressing opponents. If adc is passive but I play agro, i lose HP or being left to fight 1v2. go learn how to play with a passive adc and stop ruining the fucking game. what a troll.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=49qTAarA,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-09-22T15:32:21.714+0000) Or don't play support if your play style is overly-aggressive.
: Autofilled Support forced my role as ADC, I lost the game because my ADC takes cs.
"I trolled because I got autofilled and lack the basic skills to play a support champion like Sona who is literally just pressing buttons." You deserve the loss. Don't hijack just because you got autofilled. Either ask to switch or dodge.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LeR1j0T2,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-22T13:20:04.160+0000) > > none of the aboves What do you think, then? I could only add 10 so I tried to include what I felt most people thought.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LeR1j0T2,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-09-22T13:21:10.697+0000) They're a known troll in the lore community who has been terrorizing us for months using like 10 different accounts, so its probably the fact that we don't like them.
: What do you consider to be the biggest issue with playing this game?
The playerbase in general just sucks ass, and its not even about toxicity anymore for me. People just remove the team-based aspect from League when they play and just don't listen/cooperate. Even in ranked its a huge issue.
: Nope, the OP is correct, Jhin doesn't meet or display all of the symptoms and traits associated with true, factor-1/primary psychopathy - or rather, a person who was innately born with antisocial personality disorder due to pre-determined genetics and/or neurological disorders that occurred before birth**_. (IIRC, psychopathy itself is an outdated term now.... but eh let's just roll with it for the sake of this thread....) A _true factor-1/primary psychopath_ is completely incapable of feeling **any **real affective empathy, guilt, shame, remorse or love whatsoever; if they ever do something wrong, then their only real concern is getting caught and exposed for their actions. Their emotions are also severely limited and restrained by a very strong 'shallow effect, which prevents them from feeling certain emotions the same way that neueotypical people would (and even other Cluster B disorders too,) such as anxiety, fear and depression. Jhin on on the other hand: * Admits that he experiences stage fright (extreme anxiety,) before a performance. * Felt 'pangs of shame and self-loathing' when an inn maid caught a glimpse of him in his kinky BDSM murder-suit, and immediately killed her out of impulse in response. * Does imply that he feels some degree of guilt and remorse for the murders he committed through some of his voice lines. Even his main author confirmed this as canon and that Jhin tries to mentally bury these feelings with his artistry gig.... but it doesn't really work because, deep down, Jhin knows he's extremely unhappy with himself and his life; he _knows_ that what he's doing is wrong and is both very disturbed and fully aware of the fact that he is a terrible, irredeemable person that needs to be stopped and put down for good. The canon confirmations from the last point alone completely goes against the definition of a true psychopath, as it clearly confirms that there's still _some_ sliver of humanity left in that rather fucked-up mind of his. However, you could argue that he _does_ clearly display _many_ of the traits and symptoms associated with factor-2/secondary psychopathy - which still isn't a genuine psychopath per se, but basically a fancy-yet-inaccurate label to describe someone suffering from any another related cluster B-personality disorder - the others being "sociopathy"/ASPD, narcissism, and borderline personality disorder - or a combination thereof. Because all cluster-B personality disorders display similar characteristics and actions like the ones mentioned from your list. All people suffering from a cluster-B personality disorder possess low-to-no affective empathy, all of them objectify the people around them to some extent, all of them are narcissistic and self-serving to varying degrees, all of them are fairly irresponsible when it comes to relationships and long-term goals, all of them will fail to accept responsibility (at least initially,) all of them rely on their own flavor of charm to manipulate others, all of them are compulsive liars, and all of them experience feelings of boredom, emptiness or soullessness. But even then, there are subtle differences that separate and define these personality disorders from each other. The main difference that separates true psychopaths from the rest (and from the rest of its sub-group, ASPD) is that psychopaths are _born_ without an innate conscience and will never develop one in their throughout their entire lives. They're literally incapable of doing so. Meanwhile the other personality disorders are "formed" through a combination of pre-dormant "survival mode" genetics AND traumatic environmental factors in childhood (like abuse, extreme neglect, brain/head trauma, death of their parental figures and so on.) Their ability and potential to experience affective empathy, guilt, remorse, shame, etc. essentially "deteriorates" over time in order combat these extreme environmental factors, to the point where only certain "fragments" remain. Example being: a "raised" sociopath will generally display a psychopathic disregard for most people, but is still capable of displaying an extreme form of selective empathy for people they're very close to, such as spouses or family members. A borderline is capable of experiencing _some_ degree of affective empathy and guilt for many strangers, friends, acquaintances, animals, co-workers, etc - but those emotions are usually extremely shallow and short-lived. A narcissist is usually incapable of experiencing affective empathy, but will experience more extreme feelings of shame and self-criticism in return. IMO Jhin belongs to the latter and appears to be suffering from co-morbid sociopathy + vulnerable/covert narcissism with some psychopathic and borderline/histrionic traits, along with an obvious case of serious OCD thrown in-between. So yeah tl;dr: Jhin doesn't meet the DSM-V-certified diagnostic criteria for psychopathy. To be fair, his writers most likely based his character off Hollywood's fictionalized, false and over-exaggerated take on psychopathic serial serial killers, like Hannibal Lecter and CBS's Dexter Morgan (who, when analyzed by professional psychologists, neurologists and forensic scientists - don't really fit the profiles of true psychopaths either.) But if you want my opinion, {{champion:27}} has always been _THE_ prime example of pure psychopathy, and the true human monster of LoL, because there are literally no implications or indications from his lore, voice lines or Rioter comments suggesting that he feels any shred of regret, shame, guilt, doubt, remorse or self-hate for any of his actions whatsoever. No "greater good"/societal justifications to "excuse" his "deeds". He doesn't "miss" or "long" for someone. He didn't lose a loved one. He isn't using his work as a coping mechanism. He no longer has any real friends, companions or allies. He isn't out for revenge. He wasn't tortured, imprisoned, brainwashed, mutilated, enslaved, corrupted, crippled or experimented-on by someone else (he did the latter to himself.) He isn't an innocent child or some misguided soul who "doesn't know any better." He doesn't have any daddy/mommy issues. He wasn't manipulated or betrayed by some greater force. He isn't some kind of animal or predator trying to ensure his survival. He doesn't want to "send a message." He isn't trying to save himself or anyone/anything else. He has no rival competitors or desire to achieve fame, power or greatness. No hints or suggestions of a troubled childhood or a dark, mysterious and tragic past explaining why he is the way he is. Nothing in his bio or his short story elicits any slight feelings of sympathy or relatability (except for like, his trip to the grocery store but that's it.) His experiments brought nothing but misery, chaos and death to dozens of champions and thousands of people in the lore. He's just a guy who wants to watch the world burn through his wacky science projects and enjoys getting paid to do it.
I don't think Jhin was really based on/inspired by any serial killers in particular, be them real or fictional. The only real inspiration I've seen mentioned for him is Simo Häyhä. And I think you may have missed a few things... > Admits that he experiences stage fright (extreme anxiety,) before a performance. He says he gets "nervous," which could mean a number of tings. If Jhin doesn't understand what he's feeling, he could simply have used the word nervous because he didn't know how else to describe it. He also says that he "needs that feeling," so I don't think its a bad thing anyway. This is especially true if he's getting some form of sexual pleasure from killing people/performing, as it is implied/confirmed that he does. And since they can't outright say that he feels that way(or, rather, they weren't comfortable with doing that back in 2016), having him say that he's nervous is the best way to go about it, as misleading as it is. > Felt 'pangs of shame and self-loathing' when an inn maid caught a glimpse of him in his kinky BDSM murder-suit, and immediately killed her out of impulse in response. That's not why he killed her. > He could have used someone else to place the lanterns. But he didn’t. He could have changed clothes before opening his door. But he didn’t. Now she had seen Khada Jhin in his finery. > > The inspiration he needed was so obvious now. So preordained. There was never a choice. There was no escaping the Art. > > He would have to make this maid’s face... more interesting. He wasn't wearing his mask. She saw his face when he was in his outfit. She could identify him. He saw her face, which he noted as being "round and perfectly symmetrical, a dull a predictable design," and he noted that "removed, it would make a terrible mask." He had her place the warning lanterns for Zed, so she knew he was up to something. He didn't kill her because he was self conscious. He killed her because she could identify him, and because she(or rather, her face) was the inspiration he needed for the night. > Does imply that he feels some degree of guilt and remorse for the murders he committed through some of his voice lines. Even his main author confirmed this as canon and that Jhin tries to mentally bury these feelings with his artistry gig.... but it doesn't really work because, deep down, Jhin knows he's extremely unhappy with himself and his life; he knows that what he's doing is wrong and is both very disturbed and fully aware of the fact that he is a terrible, irredeemable person that needs to be stopped and put down for good. And I have a headcanon/fanon that explains this. Ever since he could remember, Jhin has had visions of harming people in his life. He has always been terrified of them, because he knew that it wasn't normal to be experiencing such things. He told his father, and his father had him do everything he could to suppress those feelings and visions so that he could be "normal." Jhin did what his father wanted, but it didn't work, and over time the visions got worse. And it all came crashing down when he saw something in the one person he never had before, his childhood friend(and girlfriend for the lore equivalent of 5 seconds), Kotori. Jhin had an interest in her and hung out with her because of the lack of visions he had for her, even though he wasn't entirely fond of her constantly badgering him. She made him feel normal, which is what his father wanted. But she told him that he didn't have to be afraid of himself, and that he didn't have to hold back. When they kissed for the first, and last, time, he saw the vision for her, an eternal smile. The smile that he gave her. The smile that makes her beautiful. The smile that makes her perfect. And he promptly murdered her and carved said smile into her face. Though my former friend and I never really expanded on what happened after this. Maybe Jhin had a full on "what have I done" mental breakdown moment. Maybe he didn't immediately realize what he had done. I don't know, they don't know. I'll work on it, though. Basically, Jhin has always been afraid of himself and knows he isn't normal, but he can't stop himself from killing, because those visions and feelings of wanting to harm others are all he's ever known, and he doesn't know how to live life without them.
: zyra tahm shen pyke arent enchanters taric I dont see often and hes still shackled to bot when I do morg and lux are mages first support second since they only have 2 ways to help via bubbles and snares lulu got mega gutted from wandering all over other lanes and lost her ability to share ap bard is... when was the last time you saw brad? Karma is more of a mage with her dumb poke even though her shield and tether are nice
> [{quoted}](name=Rin Kaenbyou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=49qTAarA,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-21T23:00:39.654+0000) You gotta hit "reply" before you type if you're responding to people, my dude.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rin Kaenbyou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=49qTAarA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-21T22:01:42.501+0000) > > you didn't have to before but apparently some team did it and then people copied them like sheep wanting "optimal" play > > literally support is only spot that gets told sit here or we'll nerf the shit out of you > > meanwhile other lanes can go willy nilly > > yes Im still mad about enchanters getting locked in prison with sometimes dickish adcs while everyone else can roam free That's my problem. Majority of ADC just wants to power farm and KS giving an opportunity or sometimes they just calling you "why you inting" when you tank for them (as zilean i faint death) but then adc just leaves me to 1v2 and die for real.
> [{quoted}](name=GetDragonOrLose,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=49qTAarA,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-21T22:05:12.177+0000) That's how you play ADC, though. You're supposed to farm and get kills so you can get fed, get items, and carry. That's why the role is called "Attack Damage Carry". That's literally their job.
Kanzler (NA)
: I choose to believe science and not the "feelings brigade"
I respect your beliefs even if I don't agree with them myself, and as long as you feel the same about my beliefs, we shall have no problems. But even if you don't respect my beliefs, we won't have problems anyway, because I'm not the kind of person that would take issue or offense to that, and I would simply respect your decision not to respect my beliefs.
: Is there a rule that Support always have to go bot lane to sup Marksman ?
I mean, its a dick move to do it without saying anything, or to do it anyway even when your team tells you not to. So, ask, and if they say no, don't do it. You'll just piss people off by ignoring them/not informing them.
Manxxom (NA)
: Name something in chat that you think is the most terrifying thing in existence
When you have anxiety as bad as mine, existence itself is terrifying. A flying Deviljho sounds pretty spooky, though.
: Forget about a fighting game or an MMO, what we REALLY need is a sequel to the greatest game created by Riot: **CHO'GATH EATS THE WORLD!** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI9H4MJrPvM
Is that a fucking Rampage reference or some other game like it? Cause I fucking love Rampage and would play the shit out of that game.
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: Damn... People are obsessed with sexuality those days and are coming up with more and more stupid names for their fetishes. Cant wait for 'pansexual' champion that fell in love with a pillow or vaccum cleaner.
Pansexuality is basically Bisexuality for people who believe there are more than 2 genders. You are attracted to everyone regardless as to what they identify as. I personally believe there are 3 genders, male, female, and non-binary(for people who are transitioning or are uncomfortable with being called male/female for whatever reason), thus I refer to myself as Pansexual. For people who only believe male and female, they are welcomed to refer to me as Bi because its basically the same thing. This is the kind of shit that hinders discussions like this, though.
: League of Legends x Louis Vuitton?
People on Reddit seem to think that those skins will be for the new band, which is speculated to be called True Damage, but I'm not sure about that. We've likely already seen the first True Damage skin(the new Marksman appears to be sporting a weapon that has "True Damage" on it in her release skin), and I'm not really sure if her outfit is in the Louis Vuitton style or not. https://i.imgur.com/iLcZXmO.jpg[] Other than that, though, I haven't the slightest idea who those skins might be for.
Hotarµ (NA)
: Uhh... did you even open the thread? The majority of comments are incredibly respectful. 4 Step Cadence in particular was very polite and understanding in their responses. There have only been 2-3 comments that could be considered "negative" and even then that's a bit of a stretch. Don't just pay attention to the votes. It happens, especially with a controversial title like that. Ignorant people are just going to downvote and move on, same as always.
Yeah I tried really hard not to go off on them and gave up when I realized that I might. I was not a fan of them making baseless assumptions about people who disagree/downvote based on past interactions, cause I'm pretty sure that's just flat out discrimination(The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.). You can't just assume people who disagree with you are all Cisgender straight people, and that they disagree because they hate LGBT+ representation. Are there people like that? Sure, but there are other reasons people, regardless of their sex/gender, would disagree with the OP on their statement. I tried to make them grasp that very simple concept, and it was like talking to a brick wall, so I gave up before I became belligerent. Basically, if you want to make a thread talking about a sensitive topic, do not make baseless assumptions about people and be willing to accept the fact that some people just disagree, and that they don't hate you/the idea your present if they disagree. That's probably why they got downvoted so much.
Adder (OCE)
: Why can't we productively conversate about champion sexuality without there being so much negativity
Well out right insulting and making baseless assumptions about people who don't agree with you is definitely not going to win you any points. That whole thread had a "if you downvote/don't agree, you're X, and I'm offended by you" atmosphere to it(as does most shit involving Tumblr), and it made it incredibly hard to even remotely talk to or want to associate with that person. They were convinced that everyone who downvoted/didn't agree was a member of the majority(straight Cisgender people), and that they just downvoted the thread because they hate representation in media. Even better, they thought this bias towards people who don't agree with them was a _personality_ and refused to believe that it was rude/offensive to make assumptions about people. I talked to other people from SA&S, and they agree that that whole making baseless assumptions about people thing was a major turn off when it cam to the thread. Even people that agreed were like "yeah no if they're going to act like that, fuck that."
NemeBro (NA)
: ***
Stop. Using. Autism/Autistic. As. An. Insult. To. Call. Someone. Stupid. Seriously. They're some of the smartest people in the world. Calling someone Autistic in reference to their stupidity is only an insult to people who are actually Autistic, but its a compliment to the person you were trying to insult.
AQA473 (NA)
: Most people who say "stop shoving representation down our throats!" are cishets and I have had this argument more times than I can count. Yes, there are people in the qu#er community who don't think representation should be as sought after as it is. I disagree with them. Personally, I think a lot of them are raised in communities that have taught them that the status quo is fine and that nothing's wrong. But, I suppose that's up for debate. And you're right. Cishet isn't a bad thing, and I think I've already said that. You're just trying to argue and I get that. Arguing is fun. I still stand by everything I said in my last statement to you because you didn't really refute anything. I get it. You're the #NotAllCishets, however, and I repeat, I will not change my personality based on exceptions. There are plenty of allies on tumblr. I'm one of them. But we are exceptions. Many, many, many of the outspoken majority is cishet and belligerent and so that's what my argument is tailored to. And, judging by the amount of dislikes this 2-3 hour old post has garnered, I'm right on the money.
A lot of people don't care about representation. Straight people don't care, gay people don't care. Males, females, non-binary individuals, don't care. I'm a Pansexual female that identifies as non-binary/male and I don't care. My gaming experience would not be enhanced if there was a Pansexual champion in the game. I didn't care when Neeko was added. I didn't care when Valmar and Kai were added. I wouldn't care if Nid was confirmed Asexual. I'm not going to play a champion because they're the same sexuality as me, or because they represent who I am as a person. The vast majority of the playerbase, no matter who/what they are, feel the same way. They don't like people trying to force diversity or representation, because they'd prefer if it happen _naturally_. As in, Riot adding a champion who identifies as X sexuality because _they_ want to, not because the community _demanded_ it, and not changing pre-determined lore to match the demands of the playerbase. Of course, there will always be people that flat out hate representation, but that is very much likely not the only reason why people are downvoting this. Like I said, just saying "Tumblr" is enough because people don't like it(and you're kind of showing why people don't like it). People could also just, like I said, not agree with you, and that could be for multiple reasons.
: Always happy to help ;) I actually expected you to get downvoted with a title like this, that's unfortunate but certainly won't get you banned.
The thread still has a chance to be locked/deleted if people derail it, though, cause gods know this community can't have a conversation on subjects like this without it gradually devolving into off-topic arguments. Which, should clarify for OP, isn't a bad thing. Its just the moderator's only way of stopping massive arguments in threads. Hopefully that doesn't happen, though.
AQA473 (NA)
: Your second and third paragraphs here are just reiterating what I said to you earlier, but thanks for reaffirming my information with your own google search? I'm not insulting people, but I might be coming off as a tad bit defensive. Every time I bring a discussion to league boards, I get downvoted into oblivion so I sort of assume everyone's against me and that I'm a one-man army fighting an uphill battle. Cishet is generally used negatively or condescendingly on tumblr but it is not inherently a negative term. The condescension comes from the stereotype or assumption that the "outspoken majority," or people who yell on twitter and send death threats and cry in /all chat, are cishet. We assume they are automatically against anything non-cishest because they are cishet and therefore don't see any reason for representation to exist. After all, they are the majority and the world is built for them. Tumblr is a safe space for the minority so it stands to reason that many people who hate tumblr are part of the outspoken majority and hate tumblr because it is a place that supports and believes in acceptance, representation, and free expression. Obviously, there are exceptions, but I don't base my personality on exceptions. I'm acting defensive because I'm on the defensive. I'm sorry if that offends you, but I'm done being coy.
People being Cisgender or Heterosexual isn't a bad thing, and they probably aren't disagreeing with you because they don't like LGBT+ representation. There are more reasons to disagree with you besides not wanting/liking representation. Also, should note, some people in the LGBT+ community don't care about representation either and would also probably disagree with you. Making baseless assumptions about the people that don't agree with you is rude and insulting. There's no other way to go about it.
AQA473 (NA)
: I definitely never heard the Jihn thing, but having a psychopathic serial killer be league's sole ace/aro rep is problematic at best. So, let me make an addendum: Nidalee should be League's **second** ace character. "Allosexual" means sexual. Like, not-ace. Lesbian, gay, straight, pan, etc. are all allosexual. I am allosexual. You are probably allosexual. Therefore, Neeko is allosexual. I guess I just assumed people knew that or would highlight+google the term when they didn't recognize it instead of accusing me of not knowing League's sole lesbian's sexuality. I don't care if people downvote me for being from tumblr. It's only cringey if you make it so. Cishet is just a catch-all term for people that consider themselves normal by society's standards. It's not cringey, it's fast and accurate. There's 144 champions in the game. I'm working on reading all the lore on the universe (which is the only location of official lore for anyone that comes at me with "bUt iTs In tHe JoRnAl oF jUsTiCe") but it is a long process. There are many champions, mostly male, that I know little to nothing about. I've done cursory research and basically everyone, but details like past relationships are bound to allude me. Someday, I will have read it all. Today is not that day, and for that I apologize.
Jhin's sexuality is not common knowledge, so I won't hold it against you for not knowing about it. And again, there are probably other Asexual champions who aren't confirmed, so Nidalee could be one of many potential candidates. Well, I did look up allosexual, and my basic understanding of it is that it just describes people as just generally being sexual, like you know someone is sexual but you don't know exactly what sexuality they are. We know Neeko's sexuality because Riot confirmed it, so I don't think the term allosexual necessarily applies to her. I also looked up cishet and its basically people who are straight and cisgender. Assuming that everyone who downvotes/disagrees with you is cishet is rude and uncalled for, and insulting people who disagree with you is a terrible way to have a discussion.
AQA473 (NA)
: Asexual Nidalee - An Argument
First of all, League already has an Asexual champion. His name is Jhin. While Riot officially confirmed that he is "gun/kill sexual" in his Q&A, and they also stated that he does not understand love the way that we do, and that he doesn't see anyone in a sexual/romantic way. You're either his next victim, or you aren't. Second of all, Neeko is confirmed a lesbian, so I don't think "allosexual" is the right term for her. Third of all, you're going to get downvoted for anything, its because of Tumblr. Tumblr is pure cringe(as you have clearly showed by calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "cishet" instead of being mature and respecting people who don't agree). Overall, you make some good points, but I think you looked... Way too into this, and I also don't think you did a good enough job of researching other champions and their supposed/confirmed sexual orientations before making this argument(as I pointed out with Jhin). There are probably a lot of champions who could be consider Asexual, along with other sexual orientations, but they aren't confirmed unless stated otherwise(like Jhin).
: Reminder that Riot is doing NOTHING with the lore!
League of Legends isn't really the right game format to showcase the lore, though. The game itself isn't even canon to the lore anymore. The lore would be better off being represented in a MMO or some other format, because because then we can actually experience it for ourselves and actually interact with the world and its characters. A MOBA like League just isn't the right way to do it, because there is no way to actually present the canon lore in the game without severely limiting it. Of course, they could add more maps and events to show more regions and events in the lore, but that's not really doing much to help us _truly_ experience the lore in all its glory.
: If you get reported in pbe does it go through with normals too and vice versa?
Falke01 (NA)
: I have by the way read his stories and scoured forums learning about Jhin, since I thought his interactions were actually rather dull. I'm looking more at the ways Psychopathic traits are shown in real world examples rather than how they _could_ be manifested in Jhin's behavior, and I'm particularly annoyed at what I should have specified were his inaccurate motivations, at least for the diagnosis of Psychopathy. I'd argue that wanting to "perfect" things and fix something done poorly is suggestive of nothing but normalcy, his only quirk there is his disregard for people's livelihoods, and I would compare his thought processes in that case to eugenics. Entire societies have of course adopted that idea. Jhin has exhibited some Psychopathic behavior, but look at what he isn't doing. He doesn't take people's money or possessions, he doesn't do anything for the sake of sexual gratification (This is an **Extremely** important motivating factor in the actions of Psychopathic Serial Killers), he doesn't kill out of spite or contempt (Again very important and universal motivating factor), he doesn't kill to feel powerful or as if he has possession over his victims (...), he doesn't manipulate or charm for the sake of pleasure and he doesn't maintain his façade for the sake of living a normal life outside of the killings. He wants to be recognized for his "performances" and them alone. No wife, children, or profession (other than that artistry may be a hobby of his) is mentioned outside of it all, correct me if I'm wrong about that, I think I may be. His only motivating factor is that he wants to be recognized for murder which he believes is artistry and that simply doesn't fall in line with realistic motivations of Psychopath Serial Killers, though the character and idea is cool and honestly more interesting than real killers. As for his manipulation and lying, literally anyone is capable of doing those things for a reason, which he had/has, but Psychopaths do it compulsively. I got the impression from his lines and story that he thought he was far from perfection, that he even gets anxious prior to "performances" obviously in fear that it might go wrong. Psychopaths simply do not think like that, they are brazenly confident and lack literally any sense of anxiousness or self-consciousness, they have zero shame and dysfunctional regions of their brains prove this. The grandiosity of his performances do not suggest that he is a grandiose person, it suggests just the opposite. Like you mentioned he is aware that he is just like anyone else and unimportant, and the flashy performances and colors are for attention he wouldn't normally receive. This is in stark contrast to how a grandiose person would think and behave, they would genuinely believe that everyone is noticing them and that they stand out as better than everyone else, often times against all evidence suggesting the contrary. Jhin clearly isn't a Psychopath because his motivations simply don't line up. His behavior could be construed as Narcissism I very much understand that, but it isn't, from everything I've seen It's clear Jhin has evidence of severe Histrionicism and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with some Antisocial traits. Oh boy I hope you like splitting hairs as much as I do, otherwise you're probably gonna be annoyed with this reply.
> Jhin has exhibited some Psychopathic behavior, but look at what he isn't doing. He doesn't take people's money or possessions, he doesn't do anything for the sake of sexual gratification (This is an Extremely important motivating factor in the actions of Psychopathic Serial Killers), he doesn't kill out of spite or contempt (Again very important and universal motivating factor), he doesn't kill to feel powerful or as if he has possession over his victims (...), he doesn't manipulate or charm for the sake of pleasure and he doesn't maintain his façade for the sake of living a normal life outside of the killings. He wants to be recognized for his "performances" and them alone. No wife, children, or profession (other than that artistry may be a hobby of his) is mentioned outside of it all, correct me if I'm wrong about that, I think I may be. His only motivating factor is that he wants to be recognized for murder which he believes is artistry and that simply doesn't fall in line with realistic motivations of Psychopath Serial Killers, though the character and idea is cool and honestly more interesting than real killers. As for his manipulation and lying, literally anyone is capable of doing those things for a reason, which he had/has, but Psychopaths do it compulsively. Considering League's content rating, Riot can not go into explicit detail about Jhin or his habits. His original color story, and several voice lines, were scraped because they violated the game's rating. That being said... * Why would he take stuff? There's no reason for him to, because that's not his motive in killing. He is content with the memory of the performance. * It is entirely possible that Jhin does derive sexual pleasure from killing people. Riot even descried him as being "gun/kill sexual" in his Q&A. But, again, they were probably hesitant to go into detail about that with his VO/lore back when he was released(keep in mind this was 2016, before shit like new Evelynn). * I would say that he does kill out of contempt. He thinks people are worthless and forgettable, and he kills them to make them something worth remembering. * I would say that he does kill to feel powerful/feel in control. He is the writer/choreographer of their finale. He makes them sing. He makes them dance. * No, but he does manipulate and charm to get what he wants, because the pleasure is in the killing/art. He likely does this to lure victims as well, though. * Er, yeah, he does. The Cabal demands confidentiality. When he isn't performing, he is just a "normal" person. He even visits the scenes of his murders after the fact as a normal person to see the reactions of the crowd. He may want recognition, but the Cabal doesn't want that, and he has to listen to them or they'll send him back to prison(or maybe even kill him). * Jhin doesn't understand love the way we do(confirmed by Riot), so he likely wouldn't have sex or a wife or kids anyway. And... He had a job before he got captured. He was a stagehand of a traveling opera house in his home province. He doesn't need to work anymore because the Cabal funds his projects, but he probably does take up odd jobs here and there. * That's... Not his motive in any capacity. He sees it as art, and wants recognition for it, but that's not the sole reason why he kills people. His motivation is wanting to make people beautiful and perfect through killing. > I got the impression from his lines and story that he thought he was far from perfection, that he even gets anxious prior to "performances" obviously in fear that it might go wrong. Psychopaths simply do not think like that, they are brazenly confident and lack literally any sense of anxiousness or self-consciousness, they have zero shame and dysfunctional regions of their brains prove this. * Jhin is likely self conscious because he fits society's standards of perfection and beauty. Perfectly symmetrical, no blemishes to be seen at all. He's probably very good looking, but in his eyes, he's not. When he's in his outfit, though, he's confident, because the outfit removes all the things that make him self conscious. * "Nervous" could mean a lot of things. Jhin probably doesn't understand what he's feeling and simply described it like that. He also said he "needs" that feeling, so it probably isn't a bad thing to him. Also, he is extremely meticulous when it comes to him performances, so he's not worried about it going wrong, because he knows it won't. Awaken is a prime example of this. > Jhin clearly isn't a Psychopath because his motivations simply don't line up. His behavior could be construed as Narcissism I very much understand that, but it isn't, from everything I've seen It's clear Jhin has evidence of severe Histrionicism and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with some Antisocial traits. I personally don't believe that there is a "mold," if you will, for psychopaths, or even serial killers(Jhin _technically_ isn't this either). They all exhibit some of the same traits, but overall, I think they're all different in their own rights. They have different motivations, and some express their psychopathy more than others.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NTs3H4XE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-20T18:53:05.662+0000) > > I'm not a psychologist, but, Jhin is not "cold enough to take innocent lives" because he doesn't even recognize the ones that he kills as "persons"; for him, living beings are tools, the paint and the canvas that he uses for his art. > > Now i will take what it says in the a page about Pscyhopaths and what we know about Jhin, and compare: > > Boldness. Low fear including stress-tolerance, toleration of unfamiliarity and danger, and high self-confidence and social assertiveness: https://i.imgur.com/67kBv9O.png Check > > https://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/psychopath/psychopathic-traits-and-characteristics-of-a-psychopath > > Glibness and superficial charm (a lot of people consider him a chaming person) > Grandiose sense of self-worth ("I cannot be good. I must be perfection." "My talent justifies all actions.") > Being conning and manipulative (He manipulated the maid in "The Man with the steel cane") > Callousness and lack of empathy (This one is obvious) > Failure to accept responsibility for own acts ("I never hurt anyone. It is the performance that kills." "My critics are... usually short-lived." "They call me mad. All artists are mad.") > A lack of realistic, long-term goals (Wants to be the best artist of Runeterra... considering that his art is killing people in gruesome ways "My genius will be understood - eventually.") > Impulsivity ("I am a slave to this passion." "It is only when the gun fires that I am alive." "I can't live without the euphoria of performance.") > Irresponsibility ("An icon doesn't have to explain himself." "I'm misunderstood. Beauty can't be evil.") > Poor behavior controls ("This art is a compulsion. I cannot resist it." "I envy silence... because I must be loud.") > Revocation of conditional release (Well, the lore tell us that: "a cabal within the ruling council conspired to secretly free Jhin and turn him into a weapon of terror") > Criminal versatility... and to mention, Ted Bundy took on the persona of a normal, even popular person. psychopaths tend to be good actors. also that's my favorite line "I envy silence, because I must be loud"
Dennis Rader(or BTK) even had a family.
Falke01 (NA)
: What makes Jhin a Pscyhopath?
First of all, Odin(who wrote Jhin's color story) is the writer of the Zed comic, and he confirmed that, yes, Jhin is in it, as is Shen, Akali, Kayn, and another character(they're on the cover, at least). Second of all... Hi. I'm the person the SA&S boards call when someone wants to know about Jhin, because, to put it simply, I am Jhin. I dedicate my time to portraying him in the most believable way possible through roleplaying and cosplaying, and developing him through art and writing. Besides the Rioters that made him, I'm probably your best bet in terms of addressing your concerns. With that being said... Jhin is an actor. His whole thing is pretending to be someone he isn't. From his name, to his personality, to his face. Its all an act, a lie, _the_ lie. To blend into a crowd of "normal" people, one must pretend to be "normal," and that's just what Jhin does. When Jhin isn't performing, he is a "normal" person in the crowd, a forgettable face of no significance. So, yes, he does hide it, because his whole character revolves around hiding who, hiding what, he truly is. His ego/narcissism comes from the fact that he thinks he is perfection(and his Dark Cosmic skin takes this to a whole new level), but yet, he's self-conscious at the same time. He does see others as below him, but in a different way than you might expect. His whole thing is wanting to make people beautiful and perfect because he finds them boring and ugly. He is also craving attention and isn't fond of the cabal's control. He is charming and manipulative, able to convince people to do things for him(like the maid in his color story). He is extremely grandiose(or at least he thinks he is). I believe the entire point of his outfit and such is to accentuate his peacocking and make him appear to be bold and grand(I think they used colors similar to royalty or something for this, like gold, red, and purple). The scale of his performances, and what he does, is also very elaborate and grand. And, I have to ask, did you read his bio and color story, or are you just judging him based off of his in-game interactions? Because a lot of this is covered in the lore, and also his champion insights from back when he was released. I can go into more detail if you'd like. I have to leave soon so this was typed out rather quickly just going based off of my memory. I do hope it helps, though.
: I'm confused why this post got downvoted
This user is an infamous troll here. That's probably the reason.
Arakadia (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eu7mOtca,comment-id=000100020001,timestamp=2019-09-19T23:05:15.130+0000) > > Literally all but Eve and Lux/Sylas are 100% confirmed canon... Edit: I realized this is crushes and not relationships. Woops. Illaoi-Braum isn't a canon crush though because they haven't met. Lux and Ezreal aren't in a relationship. In fact Lux's new VO suggests she doesn't want to be in one with him. Heimerdinger being shipped with science is a joke. Tristana and Rumble is outdated and they were never a couple, Rumble just had a crush on her. His lore is so outdated we don't even know if the crush is reliable info. Illaoi and Braum have never met. She likes strong men, that's the it. Zoe and Ezreal can't be a thing. Katarina and Garen are not confirmed canon anymore than Jinx is confirmed Vi's sister. That means literally only Xayah and Rakan are confirmed canon out of that entire list of uncannon ships.
This thread isn't about canon relationships or ships in general. This is about which champions have crushes and on who.
: I know why league of legends's community is so bad now
You were told by a Rioter that Garen x Taric isn't canon, and I believe you admitted to personally deleting that thread to erase that evidence because we wouldn't stop quoting them on it to prove you wrong. You are, by definition, a troll in every capacity. You've done nothing but antagonize this community for months through I think over 10 accounts at this point. We've had it with you.
: Yeah, but she doesn't have a crush on everyone, which was what the post implies.
You could reverse it and say that she makes everyone have a crush on her, though. Still not the same thing, but close enough?
: > [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AidpmA7n,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-19T22:31:17.809+0000) > > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} > Maybe don't break the rules and your posts won't be deleted > It's not really censorship tbh Wut rule i broke
> [{quoted}](name=I am so very sad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AidpmA7n,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T23:08:25.128+0000) Do not post content containing pornographic material, links to NSFW content, sexually explicit acts, or real life depictions/descriptions of gore, death, horrifically violent acts, etc. This one, probably.
: Pretty much all of them are. Only ones that are iffy is Lux > Sylas and Eve > everyone.
Well Evelynn is a demon that uses lust to lure her victims, so technically that's true. But her main motivation is feeding, not romance.
: Who else is coming to the storm?
My FBI agent said no, sorry.
: >I've been trying to get Kitty Cat Jhin to happen for like a year **purely** for that pun but no one likes it. Don't you mean **purrrrly**?
Yes. That comment was written after I woke up from an Opal-induced coma so I totally missed that opportunity.
: > [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4zR4zK3W,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:16:24.328+0000) > > Maybe your friend shouldn't be an asshole and just shut up and play the game? > > Banter is only funny in moderation, and constant flame and harassment isn't banter to begin with. Sure, maybe it was justified for his perma-ban but I'd take his stubborn, competitive attitude over some cry baby kid who complains when behind and gives up too easily, any day. Banter builds character, and if you can't take it there is a mute button for a reason. I would love to see this game change their ads and artwork to focus on a more mature audience (if possible at this stage). That's all I'm trying to state here.
> [{quoted}](name=Rainbow Raider,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4zR4zK3W,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:30:00.044+0000) It was absolutely justified for his permabans. Stop acting like he's a good guy, cause no one who is toxic over a video game is at their core. Games are meant to be fun on their own, and if you only have fun while ruining other people's fun by flaming them, then there's a problem that's needs to be addressed. Probably by a therapist. And the mute button doesn't stop you from continuing to spew useless bullshit in chat anyway, nor does it erase what you already said.
: > [{quoted}](name=Koiyaki,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4zR4zK3W,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:52:52.618+0000) > > *make cool champions > > sylas, quiyana, and pyke would like a word with you > cuz last time i checked...they aint weeb... > > anslo as said before, since tencent took over in 2011..ur refering to every champ since then...and i doubt every champ has been 'weeb' They didn't "take over" in 2011 lol, they just held majority of stock. They officially took over in 2015. Besides, sure there are champs that have been released that I wouldn't consider weebish, but I feel like the majority of their marketing, artwork, and vibe is focused around some anime agenda and I feel way out of place lol Plus they banned my buddy perm twice for making some snowflake cry over some banter. Wtf maybe don't market to some kid thats a whine tit then ban my buddy who has been playing since the original release of the game lol I get it you guys won't like this cuz I bet most of you are the exact demographic I'm describing, but fuck it. It's how I feel about the game from a more competitive, non-weeb position.
> [{quoted}](name=Rainbow Raider,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4zR4zK3W,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:07:33.741+0000) Maybe your friend shouldn't be an asshole and just shut up and play the game? Banter is only funny in moderation, and constant flame and harassment isn't banter to begin with.
: Why do you Play League of Legends?
Jhin. Literally the only reason why. If he weren't a champion I probably wouldn't be playing this game, or even heard of it for the matter. See, back in 2017, by brother told me there was a champion in League voiced by Quinton Flynn(my favorite voice actor) named Jhin. After about a week of contemplation, I looked up League of Legends and made an account. I knew literally nothing about MOBAs. I'd never seen, heard of, or played a game like League before. It was difficult at first, but I figured things out eventually. I worked my ass off getting IP(yeah remember that?), bought Jhin second(I bought a champion shard because I had 2 already and rerolled them to try and get Jhin(yeah remember being able to buy champion shards and rerolling them to get champions?) but I got Volibear instead), and never looked back. Over 2 years and over 800k mastery points later, I'm absolutely in love with everything about Jhin's character. The lore, the gameplay, the voice... Ah, I love it all. TLDR, I started playing League because of Jhin's VA and Jhin himself is the only reason why I keep playing. There are other reasons too, like the art and the lore, but Jhin is the main thing for me.
: .... You just want a reason to let your cat Opal cosplay as Jhin alongside your own Jhin costume, don't you?
Would be cute, but no. I've been trying to get Kitty Cat Jhin to happen for like a year purely for that pun but no one likes it. My genius will be understood... Eventually.
: Wholesome skin ideas
Jhin gets a cat costume. Because only purrrrfection is acceptable.
: > [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tVdEG0PF,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-18T16:37:34.195+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/4F7l3P1.jpg[] > > This better not be a Garen x Taric shitpost in disguise. I have no patience for comedies. > > That being said, that would be an interesting thing to explore, though I don't think it would apply to all the champions. Jhin, for example, is gun/kill sexual(community often refers to him as Asexual), so I don't thin he's had any romantic exploits(as much as you all like to think he has). Well yea. Also gun sexual is a weird term. I could say its possible that he gets some sort of like sexual pleasure from watching an art fall in place just right? But it wouldnt be so much sexual pleasure just I think it's the closest we have in the English language.
Gun/kill sexual is just what Riot referred to him as in his Q&A. They also further explained that Jhin doesn't understand love the way we do, and that he doesn't really see anyone in a romantic/sexual way. You're either his masterpiece or you aren't, and he doesn't really care all that much about you if he sees nothing in you. And deriving sexual pleasure from killing people is definitely a thing, so its not entirely out of the realm of possibility that Jhin is one of those killers that like it way too much.
: I know the boards are all on Jhin's dick usually but I really hate when he's meta. He's a classic example of a lane bully who doesn't fall off. As a Tristana Main, I find him really hard to deal with. He out ranges me, his fourth shot is a massive zoning tool, and he synergizes so well with so many of the popular supports(AKA mage supports like Lux, Zyra, Brand). Its oppressive to play against a good Jhin and its depressing knowing that he'll destroy you in lane and just keep scaling. Even if you do win lane, as long as he doesn't die a ton and he keeps up in farm, he will inherently out scale you. It's impossible for him not to. He gets AD off everything he buys. How do you keep up with that kind of scaling? I'm not saying he's broken. But I am saying that I dread Jhin metas. I dread them and hate them the most.
We hate it when he's meta too, you know, cause then you got all the casual Jhin mains who only play him when he's meta picking him up again and dooming the diehard mains to play some other champion. It sucks for everyone, really.
: > [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f4jA20aA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-19T10:16:39.128+0000) > > I reported the enemy bot laner in ranked for opening lane(sat under turret/farmed all game and never engaged anyone in combat) and got an IFR in less than 10 minutes. I reported him for inting, griefing, and AFK, since there was no way for me to tell if he said anything wrong in chat(all chat is off for me). > > I don't know what his punishment was, but he got punished regardless. > > Also, should note, he had never done anything like that recently from what I saw in his match history. He actually hard carried most of his games, so not sure what his deal was that time. Ah, I love the boards. Provide actual evidence against their circle jerk, get mass downvoted.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f4jA20aA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T13:13:54.877+0000) Yep. I think it was only a leaverbuster though, since I checked and they're still playing. But I think offences like that are taken more seriously in ranked regardless though because, well... Its ranked. When people troll there, you actually have something to lose. Trolling in general sucks though and should be more heavily punished overall. And that's not the first time, either. I've reported other people for nothing but non chat related offences and gotten results before. The system works for this sort of behavior, but not as often as it should, basically.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=WAZZZUP500,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T2eTL4Lz,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-19T12:02:10.195+0000) > > +.25 seconds on root and 2 ad and you're complaining that jhin is op? I can agree with caitlyn being op, but jhin kinda needed the buffs. He's pretty irrelevant when most meta adcs are the close range burst+sustained damage. Jhin has burst and ultility. 52% win rate with a 16% pick rate is kind of op for a champion who is considered medium difficulty.
Still no word as to whether or not that's solely because of the buffs, though. Stop saying "his win/pick/ban rates prove he's op because of the buffs," because they really don't. There are multiple different factors that can contribute to that, and as I said, pick/ban rates probably go up with buffs, and down with nerfs. Once people play him enough to realize he's still in a bad spot, his playrate will likely go down again.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f4jA20aA,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T12:29:12.968+0000) > > " /s " umm, forgive my ignorance what does it mean?
> [{quoted}](name=TheViceroys,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f4jA20aA,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T12:34:05.587+0000) /sarcasm
Jaspers (EUW)
: {{champion:142}} > {{champion:81}} {{champion:81}} > {{champion:99}} {{champion:99}} > {{champion:517}} - well probably not now he's a nuts murdering nutjob {{champion:86}} > {{champion:55}} and visa versa {{champion:497}} > {{champion:498}} - Obviously {{champion:420}} > {{champion:201}} ;-) {{champion:68}} > {{champion:18}} {{champion:28}} > Everyone {{champion:74}} > SCIENCE!! These are off the top of my head.
{{champion:119}} > {{champion:119}}
: Is it just a crush? I thought they are supposed to be dating in the future, especially since that whole Sylas ship for her is completely debunked with that comic now.
I honestly have no idea.
: {{champion:142}} has a crush on {{champion:81}} {{champion:245}} **used to have** a crush on {{champion:222}} {{champion:84}} at least thinks that Kayn is hot, but also crazy {{champion:141}} That's all I can come up with right now.
Doesn't Ezreal canonly have a crush on Lux?
Show more

4 Step Cadence

Level 243 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion