Rioter Comments
: And who is going to sit through 30-45m replays to find instances of > the soft stuff like running away from team fights every time and then determine if the person actually had ill will, or if they're just afraid of fighting, or if they're just bad?
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TTNuR0mu,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-26T23:25:14.677+0000) > > And who is going to sit through 30-45m replays to find instances of > > and then determine if the person actually had ill will, or if they're just afraid of fighting, or if they're just bad? Came here to say this. Tribunal was good for catching things like AFK (is everyone else level 12-15 and you're level 5?) or inting (0-20-0 in a 12 minute match). To force people to watch replays, no one is going to do that. Although, CS GO's Overwatch system is pretty good. The AI has you watch a 5 minute snippet that it intelligently selects to see if someone is cheating. Can't do that in League really.
Frenz1 (NA)
: Need Help Combatting Burnout
I had to treat ranked seriously to get out of Silver. Once you realize you cant count on your teammates, you view champion select very differently. I one-tricked Amumu from S2 to Gold about a month ago. Best thing I can do to win is freeze the enemy team in place for 2 seconds and be the playmaker. Ended up with an 80%+ win rate on Amumu. I've lost a few since then, still in gold though, but now I think i'm like 70% WR. Still higher than my Win-Loss ratio. CLimbing in ranked is a grind, not for fun.
: 2 Silver noobs in a Plat game? Matchmaking, please.
They both have 100% WIN RATES with 10 and 13 KDA... Let's say that again. > _**100% WIN RATES.**_ League is properly kicking smurfs out of low elo matches.
Rioter Comments
: It *might* possibly take longer since you ticked the wrong box. That definitely falls under hate speech, although you got the lower-end of it so it should be fine. I'm mostly betting that he got into game too fast for the report to do anything - The system won't ban you mid-match. It's also possible he *was* punished and you just didn't get the notification. It has a forced chance to drop as well as a bunch of other factors that make it less common.
> It's also possible he *was* punished and you just didn't get the notification. Yeah, their notification system is unreliable. Hate speech is hate speech, so he'll probably get punished. I can just go spewing the N word and say "don't worry im black"
gomoraa (EUNE)
: afk players
You can report them, but I don't think anything happens to AFK players. You can get LeaverBuster IF you're gone long enough that the game flags you as AFK. That only happens 50% of the time from my experience. I believe someone "rage quitting" at the end of the game so that the enemy team can push and end is reportable. But to verify and issue a penalty, someone from the Riot team would have to investigate, and I can't imagine they waste money on employee headcount to do this for the millions of reports they get each week. Even those players who leave long enough to get tagged with LeaverBuster, you have to reach a certain % of games being leaves before the game punishes you. Really the only negative behavior that is reliably punished is text-based, because it does not require human review. Abusive chat, hate speech, offensive name. Everything else is a waste of a report. Which is sad, because someone can be toxic and still win a game, but someone who leaves a match is actually stealing -17 or so LP from his teammates. I'd rather have a toxic player than a leaver any day.
: Norms are more toxic than ranked, change my mind.
1) Probably confirmation bias. Looking at your match history, you play 95% Normal matches, so you're more exposed to behavior in Normals than Ranked. 2) I have played 2 Normals in the last 3 years. What's the point? It's like, PVP video games for people who aren't trying to win.
: So i get autofiled to support as a jg main. Instead of picking something classic like my blitzcrank, who i dont have m4 on, im only allowed to pick my jg champs. GUESS WE'RE GOING KHAZIX SUPPORT!
> [{quoted}](name=ChrisBrownze,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NcNamoLl,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-03T19:27:36.396+0000) > > So i get autofiled to support as a jg main. Instead of picking something classic like my blitzcrank, who i dont have m4 on, im only allowed to pick my jg champs. GUESS WE'RE GOING KHAZIX SUPPORT! This brings up another issue. I think Autofill is silly. Ask players: would you rather play a game with 1+ players who aren't strong in the role that was chosen for them, or wait an extra 30-60s of queue time for a game where your team is full strength? I mean, my queue times are usually 1-2 minutes. In DOTA they're 5 minutes. I think we can afford a slight increase to queue times if it means less of the "I got filled, going to play Kat jungle unless someone switches, sorry"
: Why does leaving a ranked game not cause a dodge timer?
> I understand the leaverbuster system does work LOL
: I'm incredibly unsure as to why I'm being downvoted so much. I'm only trying to inform and help people. Cant please everyone I guess. :/
> [{quoted}](name=Yuumi or Dodge,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NEA5kY3V,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-03T20:04:56.394+0000) > > I'm incredibly unsure as to why I'm being downvoted so much. I'm only trying to inform and help people. Cant please everyone I guess. :/ Your post is not that relevant to player behavior. Yes, you inted, but the post is about honor progression. That is not this forum.
: How did this Zed lose the game and is he a smurf?
Why would you think Zed is a smurf? Just because he won laning phase? I've gotten massively fed in lane and still lost games. Can't control what the other 3 positions do, if they all stink you'll probably lose no matter how ahead you are.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: "94 lp is the worst feeling ever" The issue is you play for 1 lp, you should be higher lp than you would be when promos are done.
> [{quoted}](name=FireDrizzle,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=egr7yjmZ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-02T22:35:22.979+0000) > > "94 lps is the worst feeling ever" > The issue is you play for 1 lp, you should be higher lp than you would when promos are done. An even simpler solution within the current system is to at least bank the LP. If I'm at 99 LP, and would have gotten +17 for a win, if I get through my promos, I should start the next rank at +16 LP.
Prandine (NA)
: It's not that Riot doesn't do anything about inters (they do), but the problem is proving intent as well as people clogging up the system with false inting reports. If you can find a way of proving actual inting cases while at the same time drastically cutting down on the number of false reports then feel free to share it.
> If you can find a way of proving actual inting cases while at the same time drastically cutting down on the number of false reports then feel free to share it. 1. What DOTA 2 does is limit the number of reports per week that one account can issue. Encourages people to double think reporting a 2-8 Jinx for feeding, because they'll need that report when the inevitable 0-15 jinx game comes along. Additionally, if you report someone that ends up being substantiated, you are credited 1 report. 2. Fix and reinstate the Tribunal. Crowdsource behavior moderation. I enjoyed weighing in on cases, and would do that again. CS:GO does this with Overwatch, where players review video clips from suspected cheaters and then render judgement. Don't reinvent the wheel here. Steal good ideas from other games that have far, far better communities in terms of behavior.
Rioter Comments
: > I am saying the players can decide. Leaving the decision of what defines an intentional feeder - and consequently, whether or not players are allowed to freely leave a game - up to the individual players is a _**bad**_ idea. D'you think it'd be okay if people just started leaving the match just because you got outplayed and became First Blood? What if your team invades - or gets invaded - and shit goes wrong, and someone dies? Should everyone just be free to leave that person to fight 1v5? Sorry to say, but for your idea to even be humored, you'd need a concrete, objective definition of intentionally feeding to observe. You _cannot_ leave that in the hands of the players. > if your nunu runs up mid lane you can leave the game and go back to lobby And, again, I have to ask; who's going to report the int feeder if everyone just leaves the game at five minutes in?
> And, again, I have to ask; who's going to report the int feeder if everyone just leaves the game at five minutes in? There should be an option to report from Match History instead of only in the lobby. Often a teammate is frustrating that I don't want to hear them in the lobby so I exit immediately, forgetting to report (and losing my chance to do so).
: We're just going to focus on him saying "trash" and not him looking at his own jersey and saying, "wait, what?" Or him shaking hands with members of TSM after the NA finals? There's a difference talking to/about players you know well and consistently calling your teammates you just met garbo.
> We're just going to focus on him saying "trash" and not him looking at his own jersey and saying, "wait, what?" > > There's a difference talking to/about players you know well and consistently calling your teammates you just met garbo. But there really isn't a difference. Over and over we hear that Riot judges an individual player's comments outside of any sort of context. If I rage at my friend that I'm duo'd with, I can be punished even though he doesn't care. What this behavior does is make it seem like it's OK to taunt people in-game, when really that's punishable. Comments from pros and Riot-supported streamers like Tyler1 are what other players look up to. And it is a double standard: Riot doesn't have to air taunting behavior and can instruct anyone associated with their official events to keep it as positive as they require in-game. But the AI that applies to we commoners doesn't read sarcasm or context or good natured fun. Now, of course I think the strictness of in-game comments is absurd and a certain amount of taunting is fine. But Riot wants a squeaky clean environment sanitized of anything negative. To broadcast anything else is hypocritical.
: 6 minute queue for nothing still means an aram game is 21 - 30 minutes instead of 15-24 , its unnecessary , back when i first played, low priority queue was only for repeatedly being afk and that was a acceptable punishment , be afk too often , wait 5-20 minutes before the match , but this is a punishment for just saying "nope i dont want to" i mean , what if someone quickly rings the bell and i have to open them , that doesnt take long , but it would lead to me being unable to join a game for 6 minutes , just bc i had to do something for a short time i just dont get it , its an afk check ,why do you get warned for saying no after so few times ? if anything punish it if someone doesnt say either yes or no
> [{quoted}](name=SerahFarron730,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FubiOXKe,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-02T12:40:38.474+0000) > > 6 minute queue for nothing still means an aram game is 21 - 30 minutes instead of 15-24 , its unnecessary , back when i first played, low priority queue was only for repeatedly being afk and that was a acceptable punishment , be afk too often , wait 5-20 minutes before the match , but this is a punishment for just saying "nope i dont want to" i mean , what if someone quickly rings the bell and i have to open them , that doesnt take long , but it would lead to me being unable to join a game for 6 minutes , just bc i had to do something for a short time > > i just dont get it , its an afk check ,why do you get warned for saying no after so few times ? if anything punish it if someone doesnt say either yes or no 1) 6 minutes is not very long at all. Go get some water and by the time you get back you're basically ready to queue. 2) If you're not going to be busy for that long, just accept the queue. It takes 6 minutes to get through bans, picks, loading screen, and minion spawn anyway.
: Soft AFK - The spiritual successor to soft int. Like its predecessor, it doesn't fucking exist.
> Soft AFK - The spiritual successor to soft int. Like its predecessor, it doesn't fucking exist. Soft AFK definitely exists. AFK is when the game has labeled you as AFK. I.E., in the post-game lobby, you have the big leaver "X" over your portrait. However, the game doesn't do that until you've been disconnected for 5 minutes. But it takes 5 minutes of being idle in game before it boots you, starting a second 5 minute timer once you're disconnected. So on top of how incredibly lenient the LeaverBuster system is in terms of punishments for tagged AFK/Leaver behavior, if you're "only" AFK for < 10 minutes, you won't even get tagged for it, basically getting off free. I'll never understand why AFK, which stands a great chance at losing 17 LP from 4 innocent players, is treated so much more leniently than a single use of the F-word. I get that it's harder to enforce since you can't have an AI scan chatlogs to determine AFK, but if you compare LeaverBuster to how other games handle competitive match abandons, League is far and away the most lenient system out there. Overwatch will kick you after 2 minutes of idle and give you an abandon after 2 more minutes. A 5/10 minute timer is pretty crazy long.
: I hope you arent insinuating that abrasive language on a video game is equivalent to supporting murder. I happen to have no problems with society. I've completed a masters degree in mathematics and I've worked in the Department of Defense as a mathematician for CECOM. I've had people be rude to me in meetings and I've pulled them aside and I've told them they're being a jack ass. I've told my own boss he's acting like ass. Do you know what happens in real life? They walk away, and come back later and apologize. They don't run to their boss to tattle on the person that said a bad word or something they don't want to hear. I've been praised in every job I've ever had because I'm good at identifying problems and finding ways to correct them. I'm critical of others, but also critical of myself and I readily admit when I make a mistake. I play League of Legends the same way. The problem is that when I'm 12/5/18 and my bot lane is 0/14 and I say to them, "you're really shitting the bed here" snot starts coming out of their eyes and tears running out of their nose as they cry for reports. And then this board defends those actions. Which is actually counter to what many in Riot games have said publicly about their report system. There was an interview a year or so ago where people in the company stated that saying "you're playing badly" or similar lines are not bannable unless it is over a large sample size of games. Yet, I've come here with 1 or 2 games on my reform log with similar chat logs and I've been banned. Do you want a link to that interview? Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqbYHhgavgw
> I hope you arent insinuating that abrasive language on a video game is equivalent to supporting murder. I don't think he's doing this, but I do think he's weirdly comparing the Riot universe of justice with real world society. These are obviously nowhere near alike. As he admitted earlier, Riot examines your chat logs intentionally WITHOUT any context. In a fictional Riot society, where context doesn't matter, a woman getting attacked in an alley who pepper sprays her attacker goes to jail for assault.
: It's time for a crackdown on supports
> I've had three games in a row where this was the case. I'm looking at your match history now. You had 1 game with a full AP lux. Possibly griefing, as she went 0-9. Your other two matches you had a Rakan and Morgana who built typical items. Oh, and I should mention, in these last 3 games you won 2. So, TLDR, you might have encountered one griefer in a NORMAL (non-ranked) match. If I made a forum post for every teammate who tried to throw my games I'd be the most prolific poster on the boards.
: I am on mobile and will post full logs when I get home but the message that the rioter says is toxic that I am pissed about is " you are such a fucking hypocrit" in response to the situation above.
> [{quoted}](name=pokemanzters,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=O6Ut81KA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-01T20:20:18.421+0000) > > I am on mobile and will post full logs when I get home but the message that the rioter says is toxic that I am pissed about is " you are such a fucking hypocrit" in response to the situation above. Probably because you dropped the F-bomb directed at a player. You left that out of your OP. That's all it takes really. One instance of 1 expletive.
: Playing with the goal of tilting your opponents needs to be a bannable offense.
> If riot has ways of detecting intentional feeding, Yeah, I don't think they do, unless it's far and away egregious, like 20 deaths. After all, how can you tell if someone's just bad vs. intentionally feeding? Even reports aren't reliable, as people report people for having a bad game as inting.
FJMaikeru (EUW)
: When will we find out the results of the vote for the next champion rework?
> [{quoted}](name=FJMaikeru,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kvsjt7Vp,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-29T17:20:47.637+0000) > > So we all recently voted for what champion we would like to receive a rework in 2020 out of Shyv, Fiddle, Mundo, Nocturne and Volibear, and that vote ended half a month ago. Is there any indication from Riot when we are likely to find out the results of that vote? Drat, I didn't get to vote :( I hope it's either Fiddle or Noct, they're in far more dire straits than the others.
: Because Amumu takes actual skill to be good, he's not a face roll champion like Yi. So while Amumu performs well, he's got a shit ton of counters and he takes a little more finesse to work well with, whereas Master Yi is affectionately called "Baby's First Penta" because his kit pretty much revolves around slamming R and Q as many times as possible.
> Because Amumu takes actual skill to be good, he's not a face roll champion like Yi. Lmao... 75% of Amumu's kit is nearly unmissable AOE. One of them is toggle-on. Yi at least required some thought as to when to go in, waiting for CC to be on cooldown. I play Lux or Morg against Yi and have like a 100% win rate, because he's so fragile to any hard CC.
: Iirc it affects MMR as well. And with how often he's suggesting to dodge...Yeah, he'd be losing that much MMR unless he stopped playing after the first dodge of the day.
> he'd be losing that much MMR unless he stopped playing after the first dodge of the day. Yeah. Losing -3 LP for your first dodge is not a big deal, compared to the possible -18 LP loss when losing a match. But for this to not escalate, you'd need to stop playing after your first dodge, or the numbers start to fall against you. So for a carefully curated alt account, maybe. But I play more than one match per day generally, and based on the OP, it's very possible to have several gameless days because you'd be dodging so much. You'd almost certainly need an alt account to play on, and at that point who cares.
: Ohmwrecker
The trouble is, if you provide a full 6-slot build with Ohmwrecker, there will always be an item that's a better replacement. This is because Turrets have been buffed and are now a significant force. Plating is meant to slow town turret takedowns. Reinforced Armor makes backdooring a turret nearly impossible. So Ohmwrecker with its massive 120s cooldown is really only useful in two scenarios: 1) when pushing with a minion wave, to disable ~3 hits to minions. Not great for the cost. 2) Tower diving enemy champions to get a kill. More useful than #1, but still a very niche scenario. Generally you just have your tank get the turret aggro and it's not that big of a deal if they take a few hits while your DPS secures the kill. Ohmwrecker would be great if backdooring was viable. I think Reinforced Armor is kind of stupid and should be removed from the game to allow greater split push/backdoor strats. But if League is anything it's consistent in its linear playstyle. 2 bot, 1 mid, 1 top, 1 jungle, any deviations are generally a disadvantage. Split pushing builds like Phoenix Udyr have been nerfed and towers buffed.
Rioter Comments
: Thanks Riot for banning me for saying FF 15 when i have 2 trolls in my team.
> and some small bad words Unless those small bad words were racial slurs, you didn't get perma banned for this. You got perma banned for ignoring repeated ban escalation warnings, 10-game restriction, 14 day suspension, etc by continuing to be toxic.
: It is almost impossible to level your honor up after a ban.
I'm at Honor 2, Checkpoint 2/3. Honor went to 0 after I got a 10-game chat restriction back in... I want to say February. It's slow, but doesn't seem unfairly slow. Don't understand the point of honor anyway, I was Honor 4 at one point. A thousand key fragments, that's about it. Shrug.
ProfJack (NA)
: That is my point exactly. The only way out is to just not say anything. Like...why is "arguing a bit" actually actionable?
> [{quoted}](name=ProfJack,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=POtuKQFN,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-27T21:41:32.576+0000) > > That is my point exactly. The only way out is to just not say anything. Like...why is "arguing a bit" actually actionable? Putting aside your specific situation and specific logs, I generally don't communicate with my team at all anymore, after a couple 10-game chat restrictions for very mild constructive criticism. The player base is very fragile, so just follow Riot's plan and don't engage.
: Can you drop in restriction tiers?
As someone who has received three 10-game chat restrictions and never anything more severe, the answer appears to be yes. I always get back to Honor Level 2 before I'm ever punished again, so that might be the reset. And as you can imagine, that's like 100+ games of good behavior...
rujitra (NA)
: You used the word once. Normal people wouldn't have even **considered** using the word **ever** - much less once. Plus, the rest of the toxicity in your logs. If you are suffering from mental illness, I am sorry, but it is not Riot's nor the world's responsibility to modify the rules for you, especially when doing so would harm a community/society. If you don't, I'm not sure why you brought this up. If you have a lack of self control, again, that's not Riot's problem. Do I get angry when I lose a match? Hell yeah. I had a game that I was 1v3/4ing the enemy at their inhib as an 19/4 Illaoi, and if literally any of my team had been there game was over. But do I flame, harass others, abuse them, or use hate speech? Nope. It's called self control. People slip up. A slip up is by definition a rare occurrence. You have slipped up in very likely **dozens** if not hundreds of games. That is no longer a slip up. It is a pattern of abuse.
> You used the word once. > > Normal people wouldn't have even **considered** using the word **ever** - much less once. Plus, the rest of the toxicity in your logs. Frankly, this is a good life lesson. I used to work in a Fortune 500 company ethics and compliance function. We fired people for one use of a sexist, racist, or insensitive comment. Not always, but if aggravated enough absolutely.
Viridia (NA)
: I'm permabanned for this.
> Viridia: how was i supposed to know r%%%%% Many people consider this word hate speech nowadays. Not sure if Riot does or not, but if so, that would escalate this into their zero-tolerance category. > Hundreds of dollars, gone, all because of the Instant feedback system assuming I do this on a regular basis. Also, I find it hard to believe you're an angel and this was the one time you broke your cool. You went on a tirade of offensive content and rage, starting from your 4th statement of the match. It's not like you said 1 or 2 negative things.
Sentrık (NA)
: Take me out of Gold, Riot
> I know you refuted my plea for LP buff back when your servers dropped me out of promos because I got DC'd because your new and unstable client. But now it's a different question. Never had a problem with the client crashing, been playing since release. > Please take me out of Gold. This is the worst ELO I have ever been in. Take away my season rewards, take away my ranked border, take away my LP so that I can have fun playing this game seriously. None of this is worth the constant shit storm that Gold is. The easy way out of Gold is down, not up. Lose enough games and you'll end up in SIlver, which gets you out of Gold. You don't need Riot's help to do that, so you're just complaining. > This shit filled cesspool of slurs, hateful comments, and death threats is what 60 million+ people play on an almost daily basis. Mute button.
: inting is "intentionally feeding"
> [{quoted}](name=Clockwork Mouse,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mQaA3Wte,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-27T18:23:05.792+0000) > > So when you are in a game and someone is doing poorly, don't say they are inting. It is not their intent that they are feeding, it is likely they are just playing poorly. So it is just normal feeding How do you define intentional feeding? The all-too common scenario is that someone dies 5 times in the first 7 minutes of the game. Do they play more conservatively and hug the tower? Nope, they continue to charge into a fight that they are at more and more of a level and item disadvantage. No reasonable person would believe that a lvl 6, 5-0 Darius won't continue to beat a lvl 4, 0-5 Teemo in 1v1 matchups. So why does the Teemo keep charging in and forcing the fight? In my opinion, inting is not just announcing "I hate you guys" and diving turrets. It's losing all desire to care whether or not you are feeding.
: So, if I duo with a buddy and their internet drops and they trigger leaver status while trying to reconnect. Not only is he fucked, but I also get fucked? The reason they are so "light" is to avoid excessively punishing a player that disconnects for valid out of control reasons. As it stands, some consider it too unforgiving as it is and says it doesn't encourage them to even bother reconnecting to the game. Why? Because they got labeled as a leaver by the system and can't get the reward anyways. So instead of making something harsher, perhaps something that is more forgiving should be thought of. Discussing it is tough though since no one wants to give intention leavers/griefers a chance to benefit, even from partial gains.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMccABHL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-27T12:58:05.214+0000) > > So, if I duo with a buddy and their internet drops and they trigger leaver status while trying to reconnect. Not only is he fucked, but I also get fucked? > > The reason they are so "light" is to avoid excessively punishing a player that disconnects for valid out of control reasons. As it stands, some consider it too unforgiving as it is and says it doesn't encourage them to even bother reconnecting to the game. Why? Because they got labeled as a leaver by the system and can't get the reward anyways. > > So instead of making something harsher, perhaps something that is more forgiving should be thought of. Discussing it is tough though since no one wants to give intention leavers/griefers a chance to benefit, even from partial gains. So this is tough for me to empathize with. I've been playing since release (taking haitus' here and there). I've never left a ranked match early. If it's thunderstorming outside, I play Normals. If I have something that will pull me away from the PC in under an hour (dinner, social event), I play Normals. I've probably played over a thousand games of ranked, maybe more, and never left a match early across multiple internet connections. It's hard for me to believe that all the frequent leaver games I encounter are the 1 in 500 time that someone's super stable internet crashes. More likely, someone knows they're on shaky internet but it's only 20% of the time. Or that his mom is going to call him for dinner in 30 minutes and thinks he has time for a quick match. (Both of these are real examples that players have admitted to us in-game). And sure, tonight I might be playing and have an emergency and I'll be glad the leniency is built in. But if I lose 200% ELO, as suggested under my improvement scheme, I'd also think "hey it's a one time thing, that stinks but I realize I ruined the game for my teammates and there are consequences to that." I really don't think what I'm suggesting is that drastic, because currently _the people bearing the bulk of the punishment are the teammates of the person who left_. I'm not suggesting banishing one-time leavers into oblivion by any means. But the frequency by which I encounter them seems to warrant a better solution. In my 4 matches today, I encountered two more leavers. One was a remake, thankfully - I don't even care about remakes. I'm not sure what rank you play in, but mid/high silver it's a real problem.
: The reason why a first time offense doesn't trigger LPQ is because sometimes SHIT HAPPENS. Sometimes the internet cuts out. Sometimes there's a family emergency and they need to leave. Yes, you queue up with the intent to play through the whole game, but things get unexpectedly in the way sometimes and may cause people to leave. It happens.
> The reason why a first time offense doesn't trigger LPQ is because sometimes SHIT HAPPENS. I agree... In fact, in my suggestion on how to improve the AFK/Leaver problem, I suggest leaving LPQ intact as it currently stands.
: Mute Post Game Lobby Option?
All of the stats in the lobby are available if you go to your match history page, so just leave the lobby immediately (or click Skip Waiting for Stats). People can't type faster than you can click 1 button.
: WTF is this ban system
I've found that most appeals like this are rooted in our familiarity with a system of sensible laws outside of the game world. A guy with a gun kicks down my front door, I shoot him in the leg. In the world of Riot justice, both people go to jail for doing something bad.
: I wouldn't touch wow with a 10 foot pole fyi. They are even more toxic imo.
> I wouldn't touch wow with a 10 foot pole fyi. They are even more toxic imo. Maybe so. I haven't played since I sold my account several years ago. My experiences were all positive, joined a high ranking raiding guild. Once you are in that group setting, those guildmates are basically the only folks you interact with. Trashtalk is extremely limited with the language barrier (kek).
: > [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B8rzm803,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-27T12:38:18.293+0000) > > it happened to my brother where someone hacked his account and riot says they will overturn a ban (14 days) just once because of its not his fault and they had him change his password. its worth a try. it doesnt mean im a bad person for at least giving hope in a world without hope. shouldnt downvote for at least trying to help others. I didn't downvote, but okay. Hacking is different. They do a one time courtesy for those who are hacked because they have pretty dogshit security (please just add phone verification every time I log in, Riot!) but OP admitted to flaming and breaking the rules and Riot is pretty strict when it comes to that sort of stuff. He isn't getting his account back.
> He isn't getting his account back. Yeah let's take a step back folks... he told us that he's a toxic player and was banned because of it. I've had a couple of 10-game restrictions in my day. I get mad every now and then, generally when someone is being toxic and bait me into fighting. Ugh, working on it. But I can only think of the type of behavior that would lead to a PERMANENT BAN because of how awful you are to teammates. It's nice that people are responding with ideas, but he didn't even post chat logs, probably because they'd trigger a very different reaction from the community.
: Instant feedback window
> ...How do you know that they got banned immediately? . > Instant feedback window I hate to rain on your parade, but that's probably not related. I get an instant feedback popup randomly when I haven't reported anyone for several days. This could be linked to a report you made a long time ago, and the person received enough reports that a penalty was finally issued. That's far more likely than the game actually assessing your report in a few seconds and taking action. The more I think about it, that's almost certainly not what happened UNLESS this is literally the only report you made in a month.
: I'm just going to start copying and pasting the same reply to this same thread. --------------- You win as a team, you lose as a team. That's the way it's always been, and that's the way it will always be. If anything were put in place to affect LP losses or gains other than winning or losing games, than individual ranks and the ladder as a whole get polluted. Would you also be fine with gaining 0LP if the enemy team had your troll? I doubt it. Your rank is determined in the long run. A few AFKs over the course of the season is not enough to significantly affect your rank. If you're not climbing, you need to adjust what you're doing. Also keep in mind that the enemy team has a far greater chance of having the troll/afk as long as you never do those things. 4/5 on your team, 5/5 on theirs.
> Would you also be fine with gaining 0LP if the enemy team had your troll? I doubt it. The trouble with copy/pasting replies, is that this reply does not address my actual post content. Your main counter argument, which you formed your own paragraph to visually separate, is nothing that I proposed.
: Lmao, it's fine to curse, if it isn't directed at someone. I say "FUCK" alot when I die, but I never say "fuck you" to anyone
> [{quoted}](name=TrikzterzArma,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=In0V0NPA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-27T09:35:14.488+0000) > > Lmao, it's fine to curse, if it isn't directed at someone. I say "FUCK" alot when I die, but I never say "fuck you" to anyone I really doubt the automated system filters this. For things like a non-perma ban, does a human employee ever even get involved unless you submit a support ticket? I catch myself swearing sometimes, or directing good natured trash talk against the enemy team in teamchat. Things like "Good job, Fizz is terrible." Saying that in teamchat to encourage my mid laner should be fine, but I cringe and think, there's no way the system understands that nuance. If someone reported me that game, the game just picks up "calling another player terrible." I'm getting better... frankly just trying not to communicate with anything other than pings, since those arent logged.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=badd dudey,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B8rzm803,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-27T12:22:00.374+0000) > > nah ill just hang myself there is nothing worth living There are so, so many better video games out there than League. If you want a sense of community, try a MMO like World of Warcraft. I played that during college and made friends that I still interact with years later. Or just start a new League account. It's a free to play game. They are heavy handed with bans for verbal behavior and very light on bans for things like inting or AFK. Seems backward, but as soon as I learned this, I stopped making any purchases on my account. I think the last time I bought RP was in 2011.
: Thank you riot game , for that sweet instant karma I got
> i don't know how to express HOW GRATEFUL i am that they got banned immediately ...How do you know that they got banned immediately?
Rioter Comments
rujitra (NA)
: Your individual performance is not important. Games are not won by kills, deaths, assists, CS, or neutral objectives. They are won, quite simply, by the first team to kill the enemy nexus. >As you can see, most games were just about over within 10 minutes, mostly when one of my lanes fed. None of your games were over within 10 minutes. In fact, your shortest loss was 19 minutes long - a whole 9 minutes where you have "given up". I get that you may feel like the team is losing. But you have not lost until your nexus falls. If you, however, decide to have a defeatist or "go next" attitude about it, you're cementing a loss that **is not certain**. Again, it's the first nexus to fall. I guarantee you someone on your team could've been splitting while you guys defended. >At this rank, one fed carry is all it takes since there's no VOIP or any real community to coordinate strategy with. Chat is perfectly useful for coordination. Furthermore, please keep in mind that even with VOIP, others aren't going to listen to what you say. Sometimes you have to "bite the bullet" and just do what they want you to, in the hopes that they'll play better when you cooperate with them. >My personal performance generally greatly exceeded my team average - not just talking KDA, but general playing. No it didn't. Your team average was one nexus fallen before the enemy team. That is all that matters for a loss. And all of you had the same result. While you may have been more "fed", that just puts you in a position to be the one on your team to help. If your teammates were dying, **why weren't you**. If you're playing "above average" in a loss in KDA/etc, why? If all you care about is being the best on your team, then you're not going to win games - because you're focusing on the egocentric idea of "well I played the best so this loss isn't my fault". The majority of players with such an attitude actually screw over their teams because they play too safe, they refuse to defend objectives or help because they're afraid of dying. >But, it's a team game, and I can win my lane but if the others lose, I lose the LP too. Because you lost the game. >In Match #3, I advised Yasuo to hug tower. He said "I'd rather die than not even try to farm." And that's his right. You are not a coach. You don't necessarily have the right ideas all the time. His opinion was that he was behind in farm and needed to farm. At this point you can either advise him on proper farming under tower (either 2T+1AA or 1AA+1T+1AA depending on minion type and stage of game), or you can attempt to assist him in killing the laner/jungler so he is able to return to farming without worrying about dying. If you instead just let him suffer, when it was clear he was not going to stop farming, when there's likely *something* you could've done to help, that's on you. Again, it doesn't matter your KDA. So what if you go die in his lane - but he gets a kill and 20 more CS off of it? Sure, you may fall a bit behind. But the team now has two people that are ahead instead of just you. >I'm only 1 of 4 people, after all, and while I can advise of strats, I can't make them follow it. Right, and I'm sure they feel the same way about you. You may advise him "sit under tower". He may be thinking "why the hell isn't he coming up to help me, these are easy kills". Even as support or ADC, there are games in which it makes sense to go top-side for a wave or two to assist your laner. If you notice professional players, they actually spend very little time in their respective lanes compared to what most people in lower leagues do which is just camp out in their lane, then scream when they keep dying and falling behind (or their team does). If your team is falling behind, you're falling behind, thus your strategy isn't working and you should change it.
> Your individual performance is not important. Games are not won by kills, deaths, assists, CS, or neutral objectives. They are won, quite simply, by the first team to kill the enemy nexus. While I understand how games are won, I disagree that an individual's performance is not important. If I join a game and when it ends after 20 minutes, my score is 2-28-3 with 20 cs, would you truly defend my individual performance as not important to the overall outcome of the match? I suspect you would be in the minority here. I chose an extreme example, but to say "your performance is not important" is counter to competitive gaming. One person can make a big difference. Ask any smurf. > None of your games were over within 10 minutes. In fact, your shortest loss was 19 minutes long - a whole 9 minutes where you have "given up". I get that you may feel like the team is losing. But you have not lost until your nexus falls. If you, however, decide to have a defeatist or "go next" attitude about it, you're cementing a loss that **is not certain**. Again, it's the first nexus to fall. I guarantee you someone on your team could've been splitting while you guys defended. Great point, but you misquoted me. I didn't say the game was over within 10 minutes, I said "just about" over, where the gold/xp earned has given the enemy team an overwhelming advantage. I also never indicated that I give up even during a match that is facing defeat. You even used quotations as if quoting me, but I never said that. A player can recognize that the game is tilting toward the favor of the enemy team, mentally calculate a win is unlikely, and still try to win. > If you're playing "above average" in a loss in KDA/etc, why? If all you care about is being the best on your team, then you're not going to win games - because you're focusing on the egocentric idea of "well I played the best so this loss isn't my fault". Again, you don't seem to have read my post even though you picked out several quotes. In fact, I even explicitly said "not just talking KDA." > If your teammates were dying, why weren't you. I guess I'd ask you for some advice here. Scenario: I'm playing as Ashe in bot lane. It's 8 minutes into the match, my top laner has died 6 times. Are you suggesting I should be dying at the same pace he is? Obviously not. Perhaps you're suggesting I abandon my lane and rotate top to help him before I even have 1 item? In my experience, that top laner will not appreciate me in his lane farming or soaking up experience. My general advice is to win my lane, hoping to win as strongly as my teammate is losing, so that we have a chance in the midgame. But you are asking why I'm not also dying, as if I'm AFK in spawn trying to protect my KDA, which is of course not the case. What would you do as Ashe this match? > If you notice professional players, they actually spend very little time in their respective lanes compared to what most people in lower leagues do which is just camp out in their lane, then scream when they keep dying and falling behind (or their team does). If your team is falling behind, you're falling behind, thus your strategy isn't working and you should change it. I decided to pull up a recent MSI game at random to check your claim that pro players spend very little time in their respective lanes. Before the 10 minute mark, there were two (2) instances of someone leaving his lane to help another lane. Once where a mid laner walked bot to gank, and once where both top laners TP'd bot for a fight. That's roughly consistent with my experience in Silver rank, so you may want to check your facts on this claim.
Rioter Comments
Show more

5 Dollar Holler

Level 169 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion