: That would completely warp how you play against her
I think that's kinda the point though? It means even if you don't have an ability that does damage in a lot of ticks, you can still have the option to fight back instead of just stay back. Not sure if damage dealt is the best way to go about it, but number of ticks is definitely not the way.
: Preseason Development Update 1
Have you considered early game fights delaying the minion/monster spawn times? Something like "if anyone takes damage before minions/monsters spawn, the timer is delayed by 30 seconds," but only happening once so level 1 doesn't drag on forever.
: Nexus Blitz patch notes
Can the center of Bardle Royale be marked on the map? It helps with planning.
Lovayne (NA)
: unless rito trolls me now
You get a {{champion:11}} shard {{champion:11}} shard {{champion:11}} shard 270 BE
: > [{quoted}](name=remakoro,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=H8aTnaky,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-23T07:11:50.946+0000) > > And this is why crit chance should be removed. I wish I could upvote this twice.
Just upvote it three times and assume two of those upvotes were randomly failed
D3m37r1 (NA)
: Have you ever even played ryze? His ult is almost useless unless you're using voice chat.
Actually you can use it as a dueling/skirmishing tool in a solo queue environment. Cast R behind enemy, and if they try to run, you'll catch up to them. If they stay, you can just step out of the ult and finish them off.
: > [{quoted}](name=ned the kled,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWbh9Uka,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-18T13:10:35.316+0000) > > you know what's even better? the nexus blitz alpha testing. Nah, Intro bots is even better
> [{quoted}](name=Child of the Pit,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EWbh9Uka,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-18T15:06:28.469+0000) > > Nah, Intro bots is even better Intro bots should show what bronze 5 is like
: She needs to be reworked so her Q does less dmg and her W is a completely different ability.
I think W should be kept, if anything in her kit is kept.
: It could be pretty interesting if Zilean was capable of granting levels beyond Level 18.
Why not just let level 19 champions to upgrade one of their abilities?
: It stops projectiles. According to the game code, a projectile is anything with a particle effect and a travel time. Doesn't matter what that particle is, if it starts from point A, and then goes to point B, it's a projectile.
Well not really, since there are dashes, knockbacks, and "minions". In particular, Sion's E through minion, spooky ghosts, and Mist Walkers jumping from Yorick's E. Wind wall also blocks things like Graves autos and Swain Q, which are both instantaneous. There's also things like Fizz's ult or Orianna's balls that get stopped but don't disappear, and also Aurelion Sol's stars that go through Wind Wall. This doesn't necessarily mean Yasuo is broken/overpowered/whatever, but over the years the logic around Wind Wall has been becoming more and more confusing.
: Personally, I think a damage per life would be the most telling stat or at least more so than just flat damage
It can be a little misleading because if you're someone like Ziggs or Xerath, then you'll have very high damage per death from all the poking, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're impactful if they have a healer to counter a huge portion of that poke. None of the stats really make much sense on its own. We have to see it from context.
: Back when Comet {{champion:14}} was OP I played him full AP mid and made a {{champion:157}} go 0/5 before they FF’d at 20.
: > [{quoted}](name=ZygfrydGamomg,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QpbO1jt3,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-08-11T18:27:15.620+0000) > > He would be pretty garbage though, only 50% winrate... Hey, at least he will be balanced right?
: Does that mean that for 2'95 a minute he'll ...
: Noxus. Arguably their greatest cultural achievement, but **certainly** the only reason many regions remain loyal to the empire.
Is the Noxus part canon? It makes sense to me, as Noxus is supposed to be a sort of cultural melting pot, and it would have access to a lot of different ingredients, both from its size and positive relations with Piltovian traders.
Zyranium (EUW)
: What about Kumungu ?
: it isn't hard to make a bot that moves around and kills jungle camps automatically
I mean, if that's all it does, might as well just have an afk at the very least the jungler bot should gank lanes
: why don't they actually have a jungler bot?
Easier to code laning than jungling, I imagine
: When Ryze tells Kegan about Shurima he already calls it a fallen empire. If the thing in the sarcophagus existed before Shurima's fall, how could it be Brand?
It could be Brand, just not Kegan Rodhe, right? A World Rune turned Kegan into Brand, so I imagine before Kegan came in contact with it, someone else may have as well.
Sherogarth (EUNE)
: TBH tank champions are mostly fine, it's Resolve rune path that drags them down.
Bone plating's value doesn't come from overall damage reduction, but rather a burst of tankiness. Effectively, it can be a 45-120 damage shield per fight. What you're doing is like estimating the value of electrocute by looking at how much DPS you gain.
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g1QrxZRc,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-07-30T17:17:53.584+0000) > > Barrier and Heal are not quite the same as Ignite and Smite, as you *never* know the exact amount of incoming damage until it hits. > > If you have Barrier, you just use it when their "big ability" is about to hit. For Zed, as an example, you use this just after he presses R. > > Heal you use when someone is about dead, or you *really* need that extra bit of MS. You don't often get to gauge whether or not it'll save you very accurately. > > Meanwhile, for ignite and smite, you can see their exact health bar. The damage there is most relevant. > > Then again, more clarity would be helpful. Maybe other people could use that number in ways I can't see. :3 I think showing the amount of damage they will absorb/heal is great. For people that can somehow memorize the base damage of an enemy ability (I have yet to fully grasp this, but some players probably have it laying around somewhere in their mind), it would help.
I don't think people memorize base damage by number, but rather an approximate amount of damage output of different champions. "Like X champion can do Y damage at level 5" kinda way, not "the Q does X damage, W does Y damage, and E does Z damage" kinda way
: can we buff warding?
Tie the ward regen to gold income, maybe? Every 100 or so gold generated from support items, you get a new ward.
: it would help vs burst to have the extra health i can see how this could be useful stacked with bone plating, over heal and a BT for example vs assassins
: Level 6. 874.8 21 damage and 11 healing on basic attack every 4 seconds in combat. Edit: Oh but resolve + dorans health lemme calculate that too. ... 24 and 12...
Not to mention missing out on AS from taking precision Fleet Footwork is just better in almost all situations
: And literally no juggernaut builds 0 offensive items. While all the tanks do that.
Volibear, Mundo, and Nasus all frequently build one or no offensive items. They're still juggernauts because of how they play and how their kit revolves around doing damage, rather than locking them down for allies.
: > [{quoted}](name=5000000000000000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bLKGLda1,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-07-15T07:44:03.321+0000) > > You're not convinced that a champion with a lot of both durability and damage is a juggernaut? What else would Mundo be? Thats a tank. Thats literally a tank. Only thing that differentiates mundo and tanks is amount of CC.
Tanks and juggernauts are both very durable. CC and damage (and to some degree, mobility) is what differentiates juggernauts from tanks. If you take a tank, lower the CC, and raise the damage, that's a juggernaut now. No tank in the game has one single-target slowing ability as their entire CC.
: And malphite ornn singed cho gath and mundo. No you are not convincing me that a champion whose damages scales with %max hp and deals magic damage on top lane is somehow a juggernaut.
You're not convinced that a champion with a lot of both durability and damage is a juggernaut? What else would Mundo be? Or are you talking about Cho'Gath's E?
: If they gave it actually good defensive stats then everyone would run it which would mean we lose our diversity and choice the choice between damage? **or damage**? _or damage_?
To be fair, the choice is more like damage, damage+mobility, and damage
: I don't think it's even possible to have a meta where every champion is viable
Meta actually refers to metagame, which is essentially a game about the game. It's not actually an acronym. For example, the game has 3 lanes, the jungle, and 5 players. Over time, multiple strategies evolved, each competing against another. For today's example, the adc+support strategy is competing against bruiser+support/double mage/etc. Picking different champions in response to understanding the current trend is like a game on its own, and that's what metagame is.
: with caitlynn, more people are concerned about her traps than her net corki's valkyrie has a really long cooldown, his range is one of the lowest of all marksmen, he is one of the few ability based marksmen in the game Sivir...Sivir does have a spell shield, but that's really it. She has one active ability, one passive damage ability, low attack range and her ultimate is entirely about stats. She pays hard for that spell shield at the cost of her versatility. probably the only way she has an advantage over other marksmen is that she is one of the few if only to have an auto attack reset in her kit
Her passive also gives movement speed upon hitting enemy champions. Not saying she's mobile, but she's not as immobile a other immobile adcs.
: I think he was talking about {{champion:432}} and we dont really know when that yellow bing bong originated.
Yeah, I meant Bard. Although I guess it's true that we don't know since when Bard started doing Bard things.
WHYFI (NA)
: Some New Rune Ideas
I would really like to see a vision rune tree. I miss [upgrading the trinket range by 15%](http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Scout) a lot, and there's just a lot of design space here. First slot for control ward upgrades: A. Vision Ward: your control wards are now invisible, but cannot disable enemy wards. B. Chilled Ward: your control wards have 2 more health, and enemy attack speed is slowed by 50% when attacking your control wards. C. Unstable Ward: your control wards detonate 1 second after being destroyed, killing all nearby enemy wards and revealing enemy champions caught in the radius for 3 seconds. Second slot for trinket upgrades: A. Scout: Trinket range is increased by 15%. B. Explorer: Gain 5 out of combat movement speed for each of your active ward on the map. C. Zombie Ward: same as live Not sure about the third, maybe a way to deal with stealth and traps?
: Then it that is a problem that will solve itself before it gets too vast. Bard is just there for the big bad stuff
Wait... does this make Bard an ally of Ryze, in a way?
KazKaz (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=bbQsauçe,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=08U9ELBX,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2018-07-10T20:29:00.832+0000) > > Can we stop spreading misinformation please? > > Lethality is NOT the problem. Lethality is weak. What needs a nerf is Ignite, Electrocute and duskblade-stormrazor. > > Lethality actually rewards you for using your kit and landing your abilities on the target. The abovementioned just add free damage with 0 skill required. > > More details: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/1x5hK302-electrocute-ignite-duskblade-are-the-problems-not-lethality Lethality most definitely is one of the problems. Prove me wrong, I have mastery seven on every single assassin. You walk into lane with a Dirk and if your opponent doesn't buy an armour item first back you have the ability to 100-0 them. I wish I was kidding.
Lethality is healthier version of flat armor pen. The issue with Dirk is the extra 40 damage after a minion kill, not the ~7 armor pen (since lethality scales with level). Brutalizer gave more armor penetration than Serrated Dirk, at 10 armor pen. There's also the general damage creep since the lethality changes, like Electrocute having more damage at higher cooldown compared to Thunderlord's Decree. I agree that it is easier to 100-0 now compared to Season 5 (during which Lethality was introduced), but it isn't because lethality gives more early armor penetration. It's because there are more sources of damage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lovesick,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=08U9ELBX,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-11T02:05:16.610+0000) > > I count her E as a peel ability, as well as Locket and Frost Queen's/Talisman. > > But yeah fair enough. If you buy locket on Lulu you're wasting your time, unless your actually building tanky. Especially when it's true damage and locket only gives resistances not health. Her e is either a shield or true sight/damage so unless you buy{{item:3116}} you're not peeling with your e. Because seeing the thing deleting my hp doesn't make him stop deleting my hp, I'd honestly rather not see him. At best there's{{summoner:3}} buuuuuuuut I mean exhaust doesn't make the Tryndamere go away sooooooo *Shrug* Riot buff support items 2018? I hope so. And buff Karma....
I think they meant the shield as a peel. imo heals/shields are on the borderline for "peeling," since it doesn't actually keep the carry and diver apart, but it does mitigate the damage and make sure carry stays alive longer.
Meep Man (NA)
: Very Serious Lore Revision: Veigar Is Runeterra's Thanos
If Riot decides to keep the part where Veigar was tortured by Noxus via solitary confinement, I think Veigar will already have a powerful enemy: Noxus. Ryze could still be added, but I don't think Veigar necessarily needs another enemy. That said, Ryze needs an enemy and Veigar seems like a good candidate for that? So I guess I agree with your conclusion, but disagree with the details. Overall I like the idea of Veigar trying to collect the world runes. Also, Teemo getting a mission to take down Veigar seems like a strange lore direction to take, since based on Teemo's kit, it doesn't suggest he's meant to deal with a mage such as Veigar. Unless Veigar gets reworked into a juggernaut and actually be like Thanos lol
: Even if he gets all/enough of the world runes, im sure {{champion:432}} would pop out of a glory hole and save the day. Although it would still be unrealistic to make bard an enemy of veigar , how would veigar even know who bard is unless they actually put it as acquired knowledge in his lore.
He didn't show up to stop the Icathia thing, so I'm not sure if he'll pop up to stop Veigar.
Amorith (NA)
: Pick Braum.
Don't have Braum yet :/ I've been meaning to get him for a while though, and definitely like his kit. How does Braum counter Lucian though? I can see that he'll be able to block the damage, but not really how I would get the stun off.
Rioter Comments
: Its a whip with added fun!
Violett (NA)
: ***
He does a lot of damage. The issue is moreso that the damage is not very reliable.
: If you've ever actually watched fighting, you'd realize Aatrox's kit is very fitting. Its all about zone control and punishment. Power strikes and footwork to make them land. He feels more methodical than just about any other fighter in the game to me. He's all mind games to play. Reminds me of a cross between Illaoi, Sion, and red Kayn. He offers fantastic zone control, and by god if he catches someone, he'll fucking murder them. He's not an aggressive fighter. He's more of a juggernaut with a small dash.
Juggernaut is a good description of the new Aatrox. Sure, he has a dash, but that's because his Q is a self root otherwise.
: In before Akali is an Ascended Yordle who has been tainted by the Void & the Black Mist, has a Darkin fork, a World Rune & the Targonian Aspect of Memes in her. She's also part Iceborn, Vastayan & Urf, with one of the Brackren crystals on her hextech belt buckle & keep Nagakabouros on speed dial in case she needs him. Did that cover everything?
Don't forget to play up the Eldritch aspect of her
: Could Carpal Tunnel simulator get a ban phase for its next iteration?
: I mean, as far as we know it's not *not* canon. So idk.
what a coincidence that it just gets confirmed that it's not :D
Naon (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ChaoticEkko,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vJIcvbsc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-24T20:09:20.669+0000) > > And replace it with? Item CD reduction :)
> [{quoted}](name=Can NOT Support,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vJIcvbsc,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-06-24T22:34:31.553+0000) > > Item CD reduction :) That's way too niche. I'd prefer ultimate CDR (although the game is overloaded on this end), or summoner spell cooldown.
: Darkin 5
Is 5 Darkin thing still canon?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Malak (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Acheron16,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zvu1Bl0K,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-06-13T22:31:51.739+0000) > > God forbid those classes have any power at all. > > I mean, a class of champions that is completely useless 80% of the game can't even reach their game time where they shine? Why would you ever play as them then? No, I mean the class representing less than 10% of champions that was mandatory to pick by both teams every single game to fill their bot lane roaster, occasionally also picked in other roles (like twitch jg, lucian mid, miss fortune support) which meant every game had 2 (potentially 3-4) of them.
While MF Support is indeed a marksman support, I don't think it's accurate to say that's a crit ADC. MF support builds mix of damage and utility rather than straight damage like crit.
Show more

Level 100 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion