: Can't agree more, you see so many people getting to the V'th division spot then just stop playing ranks or stopped caring. If Riot gives out more distinguishable rewards, maybe people WILL NOT stop caring about their game performance once they reach V'th division and continue to play ranks, therefore NOT ONLY increases the amount of daily ranked players, BUT ALSO game balance overall, since people wont just mess around after reaching V'th division.
> [{quoted}](name=Supreme Predator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PAToE4yE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-15T04:38:37.532+0000) > > Can't agree more, you see so many people getting to the V'th division spot then just stop playing ranks or stopped caring. If Riot gives out more distinguishable rewards, maybe people WILL NOT stop caring about their game performance once they reach V'th division and continue to play ranks, therefore NOT ONLY increases the amount of daily ranked players, BUT ALSO game balance overall, since people wont just mess around after reaching V'th division. Exactly, WIN-WIN!
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=546f7047756e,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tGBhP01M,comment-id=0001000100010000,timestamp=2018-09-14T06:08:52.351+0000) > > Well I dont know why they would do that but Im rasing a legitament issue and I encourage u to check na.op during ur ranked matches too see how balenced games are. Def not as balenced as previous seasons. This post takes 1 min, not gonna log into that other account, scroll threw history, then paste pictures no time for that. If Riot sees this and they dont think the balencign needs work, if you dont realise how much off balences games are compared to prev seasons, well all the powers to u guys. All u have to do is check na.op during ranked matches, no proof needed. in other words "I have no proof and I am unwilling to show proof... still please believe me!". Sorry but I don't care about a site that says one game "i'm above the average MMR of the rank you are in" WIN my next game and says "you are below the average MMR of the rank you are in"
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tGBhP01M,comment-id=00010001000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-14T18:00:58.070+0000) > > in other words "I have no proof and I am unwilling to show proof... still please believe me!". Sorry but I don't care about a site that says one game "i'm above the average MMR of the rank you are in" WIN my next game and says "you are below the average MMR of the rank you are in" I really dont care what u think at this point i have 31/11 thumbs up. Im not gonna waste time digging through my history when I you can simply take a look at anyones ranked proof is everywhere lmao! xD
: > [{quoted}](name=546f7047756e,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tGBhP01M,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-09-13T19:21:02.691+0000) > > So what is the point of me making this up? I wouldn't complain if that wasn't the case... > > This is my forum post account everytime i post i use this so i dont have to switch around and be unorganized. This way I can see what i said in the past my checking this account only. I don't know... so we can confirm that what you are saying is true? People say they have been 100-0 at lvl 1 and then you look at the replay you see them at 30% HP, engaging and dying due to the enemy champion AND minions hitting them. You can say whatever, doesn't mean much if we cannot confirm whether it's true or not
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tGBhP01M,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2018-09-13T20:32:29.925+0000) > > I don't know... so we can confirm that what you are saying is true? People say they have been 100-0 at lvl 1 and then you look at the replay you see them at 30% HP, engaging and dying due to the enemy champion AND minions hitting them. You can say whatever, doesn't mean much if we cannot confirm whether it's true or not Well I dont know why they would do that but Im rasing a legitament issue and I encourage u to check na.op during ur ranked matches too see how balenced games are. Def not as balenced as previous seasons. This post takes 1 min, not gonna log into that other account, scroll threw history, then paste pictures no time for that. If Riot sees this and they dont think the balencign needs work, if you dont realise how much off balences games are compared to prev seasons, well all the powers to u guys. All u have to do is check na.op during ranked matches, no proof needed.
: Why not post on that other account so maybe we could see proof of this “multiple silver 1s vs plats” in SoloQ Edit: stop responding talking about how shit flex queue is, this is known. Also FlexQ has a sesperate MMR.
> [{quoted}](name=Disembark,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tGBhP01M,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-13T10:07:39.466+0000) > > Why not post on that other account so maybe we could see proof of this “multiple silver 1s vs plats” in SoloQ So what is the point of me making this up? I wouldn't complain if that wasn't the case... This is my forum post account everytime i post i use this so i dont have to switch around and be unorganized. This way I can see what i said in the past my checking this account only.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Hibeki (NA)
: Regardless of whether it FEELS more involved i see no reason where click an hold cant also be an option here. spam click or hold click why not both
> [{quoted}](name=Hibeki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=000d00000001000100010000,timestamp=2018-08-15T13:41:49.402+0000) > > Regardless of whether it FEELS more involved i see no reason where click an hold cant also be an option here. spam click or hold click why not both Well said it doesn't affect anything and popularity of this post suggest that its worth testing it out. Its not like the old playstyle is thrown out you just have more options. I really hope on the next patch this will be tested out on PBE at least.
: That's why he's asking for it to be option if they want to hold is down. It's not a huge change and people can still button mash.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=000d0007,timestamp=2018-08-14T20:09:04.542+0000) > > That's why he's asking for it to be option if they want to hold is down. It's not a huge change and people can still button mash. Well said.
: Note that I chose sample size based on vote participation (105 at the time of this post) which is less than 1/3 of what you need. Since you are choosing a third option to increase your sample size, your sample size requirements are met. However your final hand-waving assertion at the end is flawed (until you provide hard numbers/proof that not voting means agreement, which in most surveys isn't true). If we use the empirical evidence we have at hand... 13.8K views does not mean 13.8K approvals. You effectively have 3 options: 1) Agreement (Upvote; current count 96) 2) Disagreement (Downvote: current count 9) 3) Doesn't care (No feedback provided) either because they don't play Eve or don't care either way (or have an alternative approach; I fall into this category, for example). The problem you have right now, and why your assertion fails, is your sample isn't random (Boards users tend to be the vocal minority). However, your sample size is well over 385 correspondents (so you have a damned good sample size) so let's roll with it anyway. If we look at your breakdown, you have an approval/disapproval/other percentage of: 0.70% / 0.07% / 99.23% Thus, I stand by my assertion that you don't have overwhelming approval; you don't even have 1% of your sample side approving you. If we use my numbers (i.e., filtering out the did not respond), you have 91.43% approval rating, but too small a sample size. Either way, your assertion that you have overwhelming support is dubious at best.
> [{quoted}](name=Ayame Isaki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=000d000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-14T16:25:14.242+0000) > > Note that I chose sample size based on vote participation (105 at the time of this post) which is less than 1/3 of what you need. Since you are choosing a third option to increase your sample size, your sample size requirements are met. However your final hand-waving assertion at the end is flawed (until you provide hard numbers/proof that not voting means agreement, which in most surveys isn't true). > > If we use the empirical evidence we have at hand... > > 13.8K views does not mean 13.8K approvals. You effectively have 3 options: > > 1) Agreement (Upvote; current count 96) > 2) Disagreement (Downvote: current count 9) > 3) Doesn't care (No feedback provided) either because they don't play Eve or don't care either way (or have an alternative approach; I fall into this category, for example). > > The problem you have right now, and why your assertion fails, is your sample isn't random (Boards users tend to be the vocal minority). However, your sample size is well over 385 correspondents (so you have a damned good sample size) so let's roll with it anyway. > > If we look at your breakdown, you have an approval/disapproval/other percentage of: > > 0.70% / 0.07% / 99.23% > > Thus, I stand by my assertion that you don't have overwhelming approval; you don't even have 1% of your sample side approving you. > > If we use my numbers (i.e., filtering out the did not respond), you have 91.43% approval rating, but too small a sample size. > > Either way, your assertion that you have overwhelming support is dubious at best. Yet you totally ignored the fact that the upvote itself is inline with the percentage of voting participation with all other posts on this board as I already mentioned, therefore it reflects the rating of all the viewers. And you forgot the neutral or care can fall into the same category, only concern is people who really do not want this change, which is extremely minuscule. And why isn't boards random? Doesn't get more random than this since people are not determined to be pro eve or against it, just random lol players.....Brain? And lets not forget, you suggested how more players = more sample size needed, when in fact that is not true. So I don't get why you're still arguing when I just gave you a free statistic analysis math lesson lol. You literally have no idea, just stop lol. xD
: This is a useful idea when the cooldown is low. Otherwise, they don't shoot off frequently enough to matter.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-08-14T15:03:50.915+0000) > > This is a useful idea when the cooldown is low. Otherwise, they don't shoot off frequently enough to matter. I think it still shoots way too frequently at level one, but regardless, I also suggested press and hold and ability to tap for every launch, tap once, launch once, press and hold, launch all 3. W/e the player wants to do.
: Holding it is a buff btw, a slight one but still a buff. As it has a CD between uses, holding it would always make the ability go the frame it becomes available, which is better than what people can spam tap. I don't disagree that this is a good thing for her to have, but in no way is this just quality of life.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulquiorra0123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-08-14T11:27:10.800+0000) > > Holding it is a buff btw, a slight one but still a buff. As it has a CD between uses, holding it would always make the ability go the frame it becomes available, which is better than what people can spam tap. I don't disagree that this is a good thing for her to have, but in no way is this just quality of life. I would argue that the cool down is her intended power level. If you click too slow then you are not playing her to the max. And plus there is a roughly 0.2-0.3s delay between launch anyway, which is just enough for your finger to lift up and down. And if this is really a cause for concern then they can simply change the delay to 0.4s. Not really a roadblock issue.
: Your sample size is far too small to be of statistical significance. If you are going to be snarky, at least be right.
> [{quoted}](name=Ayame Isaki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=000d0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-14T12:34:08.587+0000) > > Your sample size is far too small to be of statistical significance. If you are going to be snarky, at least be right. Actually no it isn't too small and doesn't really get better than this without emailing a survey to players, WHICH IS WHY I suggested changing Evelynn in next patch or even PBE test it and see reaction. But since ur original response (with-5 downvotes already) was so smart I'm not surprised. xD And further more here's some math for you... Necessary Sample Size = (Z-score)2 * StdDev*(1-StdDev) / (margin of error)2 Here is an example of how the math works assuming you chose a 95% confidence level, .5 standard deviation, and a margin of error (confidence interval) of +/- 5%. ((1.96)2 x .5(.5)) / (.05)2 (3.8416 x .25) / .0025 .9604 / .0025 384.16 385 correspondents needed. As of the time of this response, 13.8k people viewed this post. The ratio of people who thumbs up and comment is in line with all other post, in other words, the amount of thumbs up accurately reflects the approval rating of 13.8k people.
: Maybe it's because I use a Ducky with Cherry MX Blues, but I find the Q spam rather satisfying (those fast loud clicks while I watch my enemy's health drop is nice). Your assertion: > The popularity of this post suggest overwhelming majority will like this change. ... is preposterous. Your 77 upvotes at the time of my reply do not mean anything in the grand scheme of things. League has millions of players. I'm not opposed to having some sort of option in the settings for this (I would love a setting to bring back Taliyah's old W), but if I have to choose your method or the current method, I'm going to choose the current method. Especially since I once mained old Eve (my M7 was earned on old Eve); mashing Q feels extremely natural.
> [{quoted}](name=Ayame Isaki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=000d00050000,timestamp=2018-08-14T02:29:46.955+0000) > > Maybe it's because I use a Ducky with Cherry MX Blues, but I find the Q spam rather satisfying (those fast loud clicks while I watch my enemy's health drop is nice). > > Your assertion: > > ... is preposterous. Your 77 upvotes at the time of my reply do not mean anything in the grand scheme of things. League has millions of players. I'm not opposed to having some sort of option in the settings for this (I would love a setting to bring back Taliyah's old W), but if I have to choose your method or the current method, I'm going to choose the current method. Especially since I once mained old Eve (my M7 was earned on old Eve); mashing Q feels extremely natural. Oh, i guess in order to survey player opinion, you will have to survey every single player that plays league around the world, rather than random sampling. I see, smart logic makes sense. LOL xD
: Just popping in here as the playtester who worked on Evelynn. We didn't try this on Evelynn but we suspected that players would've liked the button mashy input and wanted to keep it. We did experiment with the press and hold input on other content and found that it was generally unsatisfying.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Novalas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-08-13T19:00:35.351+0000) > > Just popping in here as the playtester who worked on Evelynn. > > We didn't try this on Evelynn but we suspected that players would've liked the button mashy input and wanted to keep it. We did experiment with the press and hold input on other content and found that it was generally unsatisfying. Thanks for the response. While I agree that pushing the button is more satisfying in general, I think the case on Evenlynn is a SPECIAL case. On top of my mind right now, I don't think there is actually another champ that requires you to spam an ability AS OFTEN AS Eve's q, don't think anything comes close to it when compared. When you are jgling with her, all you are doing most of the time is using her q. That's what you are doing none stop and basically without a break. So as a result, over time it becomes annoying and exhausting on the finger, wears down the q key a lot, and becomes even more so if you play her often. So I believe Eve is a special case due to the EXTRA amount of spam required on her q. I like Evelynn a lot, but the ONLY REASON I'm NOT playing her much is literally because of how annoying it is to use her q all game. Can you guys be kind enough to give this a second look, maybe change her in the next patch and see how people react to the change? That would be much appreciated. The popularity of this post suggest overwhelming majority will like this change. Thanks, and stay awesome! :)
  Rioter Comments
: This panda video ACCURATELY SUMMARIZES US TRYING TO ESCAPE OUR ELO :D
Wuks (NA)
: [RESOLVED] Emotes Not Displaying
Please fix it riot its so annoying to click and drag rune pages around right now. I put it somewhere and when i let go, often it just immediatly goes else where randomly sometimes all the way to the front etc. I have 17 pages btw. Can happen everywhere but for me when trying to insert from 5th to 2nd slot, it always jumps to first. You have to move from 5th to 4th, then it actually jumps to second (for you it might jump elsewhere). EDIT: Its EVEN MORE BUGGED than expected. I finally got my slots in this order after all the randomness: Hypersonic Predator, Voli TOP, Brand sup, Voli JG, Brand mid. This is the first 5 slots. HOWEVER when I go into champ select to chose runes the order from top down is actually: Hypersonic Predator, Voli TOP, Voli JG, Brand mid, Brand sup. I double checked, the rune page slots and champ select slots just don't line up. SOOO BUGGED! How can this be bugged isn't it just moving objects around in an array in terms of the coding? hmm weird.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
SanKakU (NA)
: Why are you being so diplomatic here and hate mongering in every other post I've seen about this scoreboard thing?
> [{quoted}](name=SanKakU,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2018-07-30T14:27:51.647+0000) > > Why are you being so diplomatic here and hate mongering in every other post I've seen about this scoreboard thing? ???
: ***
Agree smashed that upvote hard. I actually made the SAME post about this check it out upvote to increase chance of Riot employee seeing this. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/zp4iPuPE-riot-please-revert-scoreboard-patch
Velasan (NA)
: Yeah also the part where it doesn't show how many wards your allies have available. I could care less what their total ward score is in the middle of the game, I need to know if they can ward drag/baron; not that they warded sometime in the game at some point. I can check that kind of info in end game screen for "wards placed."
> [{quoted}](name=Velasan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-07-29T23:13:00.316+0000) > > Yeah also the part where it doesn't show how many wards your allies have available. > > I could care less what their total ward score is in the middle of the game, I need to know if they can ward drag/baron; not that they warded sometime in the game at some point. I can check that kind of info in end game screen for "wards placed." At this point Riot is just forcing pointless changes just for the sake of change, instead of changing for the better or to fix things up.
: lol, fair enough, just tone down the hostility when conversing with someone who agrees with your central point
> [{quoted}](name=Yung Daemon Sand,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=00140000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-29T22:27:50.146+0000) > > lol, fair enough, just tone down the hostility when conversing with someone who agrees with your central point Read though all the comments you will see that you are only one of many who either completely missed point or talks about things that are totally pointless, that response/attitude was not just towards you, but the sum of all those comments.
: wait, so what does the sentence fragment "I want it to revert as well" mean to you if you think I missed your point?
> [{quoted}](name=Yung Daemon Sand,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=001400000000,timestamp=2018-07-29T21:43:01.458+0000) > > wait, so what does the sentence fragment "I want it to revert as well" mean to you if you think I missed your point? Because I already mentioned in my post that you can switch them but the change makes it more INCONVENIENT. So your point about first minute free is completely pointless, not to mention in high elo invades almost always happens right off the bat so first minute is not free.
: I def get your point and it is kinda annoying and I want it to revert as well, BUT you can change it manually, and everyone's argument about how much time it takes is negated by the free minute of doing nothing in the beginning of the game
> [{quoted}](name=Yung Daemon Sand,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-07-29T21:08:31.320+0000) > > I def get your point and it is kinda annoying and I want it to revert as well, BUT you can change it manually, and everyone's argument about how much time it takes is negated by the free minute of doing nothing in the beginning of the game Except you completely missed the point that this change was completely unnecessary and its a downgrade to convenience. Why do I have to shuffle every game to line up when I didn't have to before?
: No, people downvote you because your point is pointless. If someone swaps roles, you can just move them manually. It's pain in the ass, but there's no reliable way to solve it other than this. But when they don't swap, which is majority of cases, you can actually prevent the player from losing several seconds as you can arrange it for them as there is a way you know who goes where. It has worked like that problemlessly for some time, no need to change it, you trying to boil out problem just to say something does not mean others are "League of Idiots". EDIT: Also most of the time when people swap, two poeple swap and swapping them manually doesn't take that much. But when entire scoreboard is rearranged, you have to move enarly everyone taking more time.
> [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=0005000000000001,timestamp=2018-07-29T12:54:06.234+0000) > > No, people downvote you because your point is pointless. > If someone swaps roles, you can just move them manually. It's pain in the ass, but there's no reliable way to solve it other than this. > > But when they don't swap, which is majority of cases, you can actually prevent the player from losing several seconds as you can arrange it for them as there is a way you know who goes where. > > It has worked like that problemlessly for some time, no need to change it, you trying to boil out problem just to say something does not mean others are "League of Idiots". > > EDIT: Also most of the time when people swap, two poeple swap and swapping them manually doesn't take that much. But when entire scoreboard is rearranged, you have to move enarly everyone taking more time. SO WELL SAID. I can't believe the number of people here not understanding this simple logic/completely missing the point. Its unreal. xD
WAR321 (NA)
: Ladies and gentlemen, this is a BUG. There is nothing to revert, it wasn't an intentional change, and they are looking into a fix for 8.15.
> [{quoted}](name=WAR321,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-07-29T15:30:34.417+0000) > > Ladies and gentlemen, this is a BUG. There is nothing to revert, it wasn't an intentional change, and they are looking into a fix for 8.15. Oh are you sure? That's good to know. :)
Nipsahoy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=546f7047756e,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-29T03:34:51.632+0000) > > Before your score board position was relitive to your role, so if ur jgler ur second place, if ur mid, you are 3rd place, if ur support ur last etc. But now you are at the top of scoreboard regardless. The problem with this is it takes a bit longer to compare your score with lane oppenent. For example if I'm adc and I want to see my score relative to enemy adc score, I now have to look top, then bottom, which creates delay in a game where every milisecond counts. > > > > SURE i do have option to move my position, but if I'm adc for example, i have to do a lot of shuffling to line my position up with enemy bot laners. (adc and support next to each other). It was really convenient before, please change it back, thanks! > > Upvote so Riot sees. Did you know you can rearrange the scoreboard in game by dragging the units around? You can fix it very easily if you want to. Takes two seconds :)
> [{quoted}](name=Nipsahoy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-07-29T14:44:32.297+0000) > > Did you know you can rearrange the scoreboard in game by dragging the units around? You can fix it very easily if you want to. Takes two seconds :) You have to do it every game or else your role does not line up to enemy's like it used to. Before it took zero seconds since its arranged for u already therefore downgrade in convenience/unnecessary change.
: You can drag the scoreboard if you really care that much. I mean really you should be able to glance at their team and know where they are without adjusting it. I have never adjusted it personally as I'm so used to randomized scoreboard where you can't even move the UI from the older seasons. My only gripe with the new UI is that for some reason {{item:2032}} randomly loses its numbers a few seconds after each use but come back when used again.
> [{quoted}](name=Jefftiffy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zp4iPuPE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-07-29T07:16:53.710+0000) > > You can drag the scoreboard if you really care that much. I mean really you should be able to glance at their team and know where they are without adjusting it. I have never adjusted it personally as I'm so used to randomized scoreboard where you can't even move the UI from the older seasons. > > My only gripe with the new UI is that for some reason {{item:2032}} randomly loses its numbers a few seconds after each use but come back when used again. You totally missed the point.
: Riot PLEASE REVERT SCOREBOARD PATCH!!
Isn't the WHOLE POINT of the scoreboard is to compare scores as conveniently as possible? If i just wanna see my own score, I don't need to open up scoreboard for that. Your teams role positions and enemy's role positions are no longer lined up like it used to automatically, which is an unnecessary downgrade in convenience considering what the purpose of the scoreboard is for...
: First they remove the annoyance of having to shuffle around the scoreboard at the beginning of every game Then they add the annoyance of having to move the entire scoreboard up or down one spot.. Not a good change whatsoever In what world would I, in bot lane (or mid lane), want to be aligned with the top laner? I don't care what the enemy top laner's CS is.
> [{quoted}](name=SugeMinPikk,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=B0lfiUGJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-29T03:45:15.268+0000) > > First they remove the annoyance of having to shuffle around the scoreboard at the beginning of every game > > Then they add the annoyance of having to move the entire scoreboard up or down one spot.. > > Not a good change whatsoever > > In what world would I, in bot lane (or mid lane), want to be aligned with the top laner? I don't care what the enemy top laner's CS is. I don't knows whos idea at Riot it was to think it was smart to change scoreboard like that. People are already used to it and have developed a natural reaction to comfortably look at right spot instantly. Then they change it, wtf? Isn't the WHOLE POINT of the scoreboard is to compare scores? If i just wanna see my own score, I don't need to open up scoreboard for that. Your teams role positions and enemy's role positions are no longer lined up like it used to automatically, which is a downgrade in convenience considering what the purpose of the scoreboard is for...
KoKoboto (NA)
: I get keys like that as well. Which means a total of around 3 keys a month. S ranks reset every month... meaning you don't need to do that dumb strat in order to open boxes.
> [{quoted}](name=KoKoboto,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1azcrc5E,comment-id=000400010000000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-29T03:43:19.795+0000) > > I get keys like that as well. Which means a total of around 3 keys a month. S ranks reset every month... meaning you don't need to do that dumb strat in order to open boxes. Maybe your account is bugged then, i dunno, me and my friends both get a lot of keys. Way more than just 3 a month, lol. Maybe your account is bugged or your in game attitude is not good enough. We do type a lot of positve words in chat so prehaps that makes a diff. What can I say, the keys in our inventory and his sheer num of chests and skins unlocked speaks for itself. I wouldn't be argueing if I dont get that many keys myself.
Rioter Comments
KoKoboto (NA)
: If they gave you a key every day Riot would go broke or they would need to revamp their chest gain or chest drops.
> [{quoted}](name=KoKoboto,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1azcrc5E,comment-id=0004000100000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-29T03:33:45.669+0000) > > If they gave you a key every day Riot would go broke or they would need to revamp their chest gain or chest drops. Not everyday, but pretty much every other time I log in (which is every 1 to 3 days) I get a key. Same with my other account, same with my friend's. Maybe yours or all mine/friend's account is bugged i dunno. But that's how often the keys come for us. And they won't go broke if they set the chances of old skins that no one buys anymore to high, and newer skins to really low chance.
Rioter Comments
KoKoboto (NA)
: It really doesn't matter because you will only get about 3 keys a month if you play a large amount of games... Meaning in a month, even as a casual player, you won't be having keys to open chests.
> [{quoted}](name=KoKoboto,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1azcrc5E,comment-id=00040001000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-07-29T03:19:13.024+0000) > > It really doesn't matter because you will only get about 3 keys a month if you play a large amount of games... Meaning in a month, even as a casual player, you won't be having keys to open chests. Um I don't think its 3 keys a month cuz every other time I log in i pretty much get a key due to honors, good attitude, etc.
KoKoboto (NA)
: It doesn't matter how many chests he has if he gets keys at the same rate as everyone else...
> [{quoted}](name=KoKoboto,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1azcrc5E,comment-id=000400010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-28T03:16:41.947+0000) > > It doesn't matter how many chests he has if he gets keys at the same rate as everyone else... That is IF you can get a chest AS SOON AS one slot becomes available, which is hard if you play against people you're skill level. (silver vs silver, platinum vs platinums etc). When my friend plays in bronze 4 flex, he literally unlocks a chest in one game only every time. And usually uses that account to duo with friends so he gets enough keys.
KoKoboto (NA)
: If he has surplus keys that means he isn't getting chests as fast as he thinks he is. In other words he's not getting S ranks on his smurf. The ONLY thing that matters when getting keys is time played. So he can play all he wants on his smurf to get random shit but he isn't getting it any faster than on his normal ranked account.
> [{quoted}](name=KoKoboto,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1azcrc5E,comment-id=0004000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-27T21:58:14.631+0000) > > If he has surplus keys that means he isn't getting chests as fast as he thinks he is. In other words he's not getting S ranks on his smurf. The ONLY thing that matters when getting keys is time played. So he can play all he wants on his smurf to get random shit but he isn't getting it any faster than on his normal ranked account. His chest skin collection speaks for itself. Can you ensure that u get a chest once every single week cuz he can on his smurf.
: There is no set amount. It varies from person to person. In the link I'm going to post, the OP got out of Honor 0 in five days. Took him just over a month to get from 0, with honor locked, to Honor 1 checkpoint 2.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=t6zaEVsN,comment-id=000100000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-27T19:16:32.765+0000) > > There is no set amount. It varies from person to person. > > In the link I'm going to post, the OP got out of Honor 0 in five days. Took him just over a month to get from 0, with honor locked, to Honor 1 checkpoint 2. Ohh, very interesting, I got a friend who had a 10 chat restriction and went from honor 2 to honor 1. Does it only go back by one honor? so if he was honor 4 itd only go back to 3? Or it varies based on serevity of txicness maybe? And damn over a month and still not back? Thats a long time...
: What do you mean they lost previous season rewards this season? Losing rewards, to my knowledge, that only happens in cases of boosted charges. I was saying if the cut off is August 21st and you get a punishment August 8th, you probably won't get rewards. As of right now, the OP could actually return to Honor 2.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=t6zaEVsN,comment-id=0001000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-07-27T14:26:34.715+0000) > > What do you mean they lost previous season rewards this season? Losing rewards, to my knowledge, that only happens in cases of boosted charges. > > I was saying if the cut off is August 21st and you get a punishment August 8th, you probably won't get rewards. > > As of right now, the OP could actually return to Honor 2. Well some ppl on my list used to have a gold border but now its gone. Maybe they were boosted u are saying? im not sure either. And roughly how many games does it take to go from honor 1 to honor 2 after a 10 game chat restriction?
: Then how about not checking all the reports manually but just a few every now and then? Just one human insight per day in those troll/inting reports will result in enough bans of those guys to reduce overall trolling by a drastic amount. Still better than the current "you always get away with destroying others games as long as you keep quiet" mentality.
> [{quoted}](name=Micha Elm Eier,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1azcrc5E,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-07-27T14:57:51.833+0000) > > Then how about not checking all the reports manually but just a few every now and then? > > Just one human insight per day in those troll/inting reports will result in enough bans of those guys to reduce overall trolling by a drastic amount. > > Still better than the current "you always get away with destroying others games as long as you keep quiet" mentality. Pretty sure thats already the case, but since there are millions of trolls out there quite literally, their chances of getting caught by a human is very slim. Even then, a human only has chat logs/graphs and statistics to read, sometimes hard reading the graph to tell if someone is trolling or just doing bad. Inting does not mean u have to run down mid, it can mean playing Anivia and wall blocking team to lose on purpose, etc...
KoKoboto (NA)
: It's actually a trash plan because Chests are from S rank but you get keys based on timed played. So really his inventory is just filled with a bunch of chests and he would have the same key gain as other players.
> [{quoted}](name=KoKoboto,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1azcrc5E,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-07-27T17:15:10.453+0000) > > It's actually a trash plan because Chests are from S rank but you get keys based on timed played. So really his inventory is just filled with a bunch of chests and he would have the same key gain as other players. Actually, he has a surplus of keys still. And chests are from S-. And you get one chest per week, max 4 stored at a time, but keys come in at a faster rate.
iTaLenTZ (EUW)
: I am sick and tired of trolls and intentional feeders not getting punished because they don't talk
And btw Riot can't really do too much about it. A lot of these trolls who try to game the system require a human to see through it. However, just one or two years ago, Riot said they have 100million monthly users worldwide. So clearly you can't use a human for all that. That means we have to rely on AI systems to detect the trolls and toxic players. However, AI technology isn't really THAT advanced yet (maybe in 10 years) and even if it is developing such an advanced AI will cost a lot of money and resources. There will always be trolls in any online platform, thats just the way it is, and from my experience, most games people do play for the win so maybe you are just on a rare bad matchup streak. :)
Rioter Comments
KeirosCZ19 (EUNE)
: I hope your account get permabanned and you will suffer from everything bad IRL. People like you are one of the reason this game is going downhill
> [{quoted}](name=KeirosCZ19,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1azcrc5E,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-07-27T14:14:48.553+0000) > > I hope your account get permabanned and you will suffer from everything bad IRL. People like you are one of the reason this game is going downhill Or is it really going downhill? Maybe a bit right now just because of the competition and how old this game is, but it survived for decades and beat all compittitions in the past, and not only that, E-Sports are going to be added to Olympics within the next 10 years. (Heard on radio). Time will tell how things go. #League Forever
: No, usually if you receive or are serving a punishment at the cut off date, it doesn't matter. However, that does raise an interesting question. Do you have to be Honor 2 before the cut off date, or just before season ends? (usually different dates I believe.)
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=t6zaEVsN,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-27T14:09:08.083+0000) > > No, usually if you receive or are serving a punishment at the cut off date, it doesn't matter. > > However, that does raise an interesting question. > Do you have to be Honor 2 before the cut off date, or just before season ends? (usually different dates I believe.) When you say doesn't matter do you mean you wont get rewards or doesn't matter you will still get them? And i have friends who already lost their prev season rewards mid season this season because they were toxic this season and was punished.
iTaLenTZ (EUW)
: I am sick and tired of trolls and intentional feeders not getting punished because they don't talk
NOT GONNA LIE. I actually have a friend (not gonna give out name for obvious reasons) who has been trolling and inting for years. Hes a high rank player who trolls and ints on his smurf to maintain his solo queue rank in silver range so that he can duo with low rank bronze friends. NOT ONLY THAT, he also trolls and ints to purposely get bronze 5 in flex. The point of this is so that he can have very easy matchups (cuz hes high elo smurf) and easily unlock chests. Indeed, it worked out quite well for him. He got so many cool skins from chests as a result, like Final Boss Veigar, Super Galaxy Shyvanny, Lunar Guardian Warwick etc. When he trolls and ints the team gets SO MAD and reports him, but every time he logs on, he gets a key for being "sportsmanlike". Its a joke. If you understand how system works, you can actually dodge it easily. EDIT: And btw Riot can't really do too much about it. A lot of these trolls who try to game the system require a human to see through it. However, just one or two years ago, Riot said they have 100million monthly users worldwide. So clearly you can't use a human for all that. That means we have to rely on AI systems to detect the trolls and toxic players. However, AI technology isn't really THAT advanced yet (maybe in 10 years) and even if it is developing such an advanced AI will cost a lot of money and resources. There will always be trolls in any online platform, thats just the way it is, and from my experience, most games people do play for the win so maybe you are just on a rare bad matchup streak. :)
: If he got it super late, if wouldn't matter. It is also possible to level it back up to 2 in less than a month from one.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=t6zaEVsN,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-27T13:59:10.652+0000) > > If he got it super late, if wouldn't matter. It is also possible to level it back up to 2 in less than a month from one. Wait, are you saying if he got it late at end of season, he does NOT have to lvl it to honor 2, honor 1 will still get him rewards if it was just a chat restriction?
zPOOPz (NA)
: I believe your honor will be locked at 1 for a bit. You have to play a lot of games showing neutral or positive behaviors to unlock it (throw a few "gj" "good play" every do often or just not type altogether). Then you will have to climb back to honor 2. Honor 2 is minimum to get end season rewards.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=t6zaEVsN,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-27T13:35:51.253+0000) > > I believe your honor will be locked at 1 for a bit. You have to play a lot of games showing neutral or positive behaviors to unlock it (throw a few "gj" "good play" every do often or just not type altogether). Then you will have to climb back to honor 2. > > Honor 2 is minimum to get end season rewards. Isn't that unfair? I received hundreds, quite literally, chat restrictions on this account before. However despite that, since they were not end of season, i was STILL able to unlock awards still and still got my gold border. But someone like him, might be having a bad day and called someone a noob maybe 2 or 3 games in a row and lets say at the end of season and only got a 10-chat restriction. However because this is end of season, he never had chance to lvl up honor and get rewards, even tho it was only a very minor 10, not hundreds like me. Justice? Fairness?
Show more

546f7047756e

Level 38 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion